SUPERCOACH FINALS | WEEK 2
Well we can close the book on round 1 of the finals but what a great start with the best teams in the comp going head to head. And they didn’t disappoint!
To me in the first two games there were two teams who played as a total team, took their chances and were totally focused on the game and winning as a team. As a result, these two teams have a week off in Port and the Lions.
The Tiges and Cats seemed to leave it up to their superstars to get the job done with both teams having a couple of passengers for the night. You can’t do that you will be found wanting as was the case, the tigers especially gave away too many silly free kicks which cost them in the end, they need to bring that back under control. Both get a second chance for redemption this week. Would hate to be Chris Scott if it’s a straight set exit.
Whereas the two elimination finals on Saturday were how finals should be played, no second chance, leave nothing on park and give it your all as there is no tomorrow. These games were of the highest quality and will go down as games to remember. They had everything you could possibly want with a single kick deciding both matches, we say goodbye to the dogs and the eagles. You were brave boys and gave it your all but were behind when the final siren sounded. Although I think Jack Crisp may have been in the QLD hub too long as in the dying seconds, he executed the perfect rugby pass to pendles to ice the game. Spare a thought for Patty Ryder who was a colossus on Saturday and the main reason the saints were able to salute on the day. The shattered look at the end says it all. She can be a harsh mistress.
So, what happened in the HAPPY Ending?
We had a great uptake of teams with over 50 people competing for the title of SC finals champion. There were some unbelievable scores in the Happy Ending with Party Pies scoring a massive 1795 for the round! To put that in perspective with 16 players and the captain score that is an average of 106 per player. Daniel and Ryder were the highest scorers for the round. The top 5 teams can be found below.
I have created a graph for each team to see how you went for the round with variance to the leader column so you can see how much ground you must make up. This can be found in the graph tab on the link below.
Interestingly most teams selected a mid as their captain this week with Neale a popular choice. Remember if you selected a mid rd 1 you can’t select a mid again as a captain for the rest of the final series.
As we edge closer to the Grand Final make sure you check out the grand final song on the link below. Play it loud!
Finals Week 2 Happy Ending.
Blank canvas. Start again.
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank if it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice-captain
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out below.
Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
2. Players must be named in the supercoach position that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Danger can’t be a forward)
3. Captain selection. As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So, from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must put a “C” next to their name in the highlighted yellow or “golden” column.
4. Team Selection.
I have created a new spreadsheet for week 2 of the finals.
To ensure all the formulas are working correctly as two teams have been eliminated and two have the week off, I have reset everyone’s team to the same starting team. You just need to go in and change it for week 2.
Teams must be complete before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals.
Note: As the graph is linked to each team can you put your team in the same spot.
5. If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. This change must be made prior to the match or if pressed for time posted on the JR website.
6. Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the Herald Sun SuperCoach point scoring system.
7. The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
8. The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
Good Luck for Round 2.
Still anyone’s game though hot pies is going to be hard to catch
Gone to my happy place be back in a few …..