add_filter('comment_flood_filter', '__return_false');

Festival of Fantasy | Day 20

Published by Lekdog on

G’day community,

Check out the new comment section below! This one should actually allow people to not get marked as spam every time…I think you can sign up for a WordPress account for the best results…don’t quote me on that.

We have three games on the card today so let’s not dilly-dally

Western Bulldogs v Adelaide Crows

Rory Laird 14

Ben Cavarra 20

Marcus Bontempelli 68

CAPTAINS

TOP VC/C Options:

Jack Macrae
This is a man possessed, he has a 5 round average of 149.8 and loves playing the Crows. Scores of 119, 177 and 118 in recent times. A VERY GOOD SELECTION

Rory Laird
I’m just leaving this here from last week…

“A real yolo move, but he is playing in the guts and is coming off scores of 97, 93 and 120.”

Well he did it again and scored 185…named in the guts even with Sloane back in the side.

St Kilda v Essendon

Nic Naitanui 36

Jeremy McGovern 68

Ben Stratton 42

CAPTAINS

TOP VC/C Options:

Zach Merrett
A great buy-in option this week, 109, 121 and 120 against the Saints in recent times.

Jack Steele
Only three games this year with scores below 114. A nice selection, does he run with Merrett?

West Coast v Hawthorn

BREAKEVENS

The Snoop Dogg’s

Jack Steele 151

Paddy Ryder 150

Ben Paton 128

Conor McKenna 118

The Lil Jon’s

Sam Draper -47

Jack Bytel -24

Brandon Zerk-Thatcher 32

Jordan Ridley 84

CAPTAINS

Nic Naitanui
Not my preferred option but with two good scores in the last two games I’d have a look at him…surely he beats McEvoy on the day?

Tom Mitchell
Will be good for a 100+, it’s just a really wide range for what the + might be.

NEW FACES

Nicholas Reid
A 24 year old pressure forward who was selected out of the WAFL. Scored 23 goals in 15 games for the Eagles in 2019.

OUR VERY OWN TRIGGA’S BAND HAS PUMPED OUT THIS AFL PARODY! CHECK IT OUT BELOW!

Notify of
guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
Damo

Ripper write up, Lek! Backing in Jack Macrae as Captain.

Jimmy

Yeah me too ffs! Got a midfield to die for in any other season…gimme a spell 2020

demonsdelights

test

demonsdeelight

iest

Corey

Should I trade Devon Smith or just field 21 this week I’m locked into finals in all my leagues and sit 10k in the rankings it’s been a rough year! Full premium midfield, only one more upgrade in defence but D.Smith at F4 is a concern just before finals, I have 10 trades left and only 30k spare,

Kangaz

I went J Martin to woodcock which allowed me to go D Smith to Macrae.

neil jenkins

sadly missed him

neil jenkins

missed him

demonsdelights

wish i had him

AuroraBorealis

My beautiful IntenseDebate score, its gone! I spent years curating that :'(

AuroraBorealis

Off to wordpress it is

TelescopicCox

Made the genius decision to VC Grundy, only to back it up with no loophole options to take his score

Needing a massive 2nd half from Macrae

Grab Em Tigers

Cheers if anyone has DeKonings and Camerons price for next week.
Need to build the bank for last premo defender. Looking at trading Cameron for either DeKoning or Foot, who do people like or any other ruck/fwd cheapies on the go?

Kangaz

I apologise to Macrae owners especially those with him as captain. I got him in this week and his score dives. Always happens when i do a trade

Russty_

Not too bad in the end Kangas, I think he got 118 or so.

Russty_

Hi Lek, I’ve been trying to log in with WordPress top right and it won’t allow me to..says it doesn’t recognise my details…oh doesn’t matter, looks like there’s a new feature there now 🙂

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_
Russty_

I can see connect with FB and WP..I did it I’m a member now :), is there an option to delete our own comments mate?

Russty_

Yep can edit from that cog, deleting is actually from the top bit next to how many comments there are, called ‘my content and settings’
I just discovered that cheers Lek

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_
Russty_

Cheers Lek thanks for that, so intense debate is done for good now?..not gonna make a comeback anytime?
I got so used to that for all those years…it’s a bit sad.

S C tragic

What a disappointment opted for McCrae for C ignoring Neale & Grundy. Bah

Kangaz

Is there a bug in super coach. Bont 99, macrae under 60 ect

Pman

Hey has anyone noticed the SC scores for WB V Adelaide have severely reduced? B Smith was 104 points at 3 QTR time and now is showing full time score with 75 points and no player has scored over a 100 points? Surely this is an error?

Russty_

It’s actually halved all scores, it’ll be right soon hopefully

Pman

Cheers Fella’s…great to see Bailey Smith return to some decent SC form.

AuroraBorealis

And we’re back!
new username new pic, who dis?

Russty_

Hey AB, pretty sure in wordpress you can make your public display name anything you want, even if you couldn’t use AB for your username, just go into your account settings and change your public display name and save.

AuroraBorealis

Ah cheers Rusty

TRIGGA HAPPY

What did you think of my song AB?

Russty_

Come on Ridley 15 points, it’s nearly half time man!!
It ain’t like it hasn’t been in your area heaps already.
Bleedin heck ! 🙂
Ah it looks like the scoring page has been frozen for ages..he’s probably on 50 plus hopefully.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_
Derek

I got him in this week

Shake n Bake

Glad you did this week.

Derek

Mate, you have me covered in 3 leagues this weekend

Russty_

I know how that feels Derek

Shake n Bake

Nic Nat!

TRIGGA HAPPY

what did you think of my song shake?

TRIGGA HAPPY

what did you think of my song derek?

demonsdelight

Bought in Sheed last minute Shake might get you again

Trigga Happy Lek.
What did you guys think of my song?
What is this AFL HUB?

Last edited 1 month ago by TRIGGA HAPPY
Russty_

Beautiful work mate!…I didn’t realise that was you, I think it was written ‘Tigger finger’ and I thought that must be someone else?…lol

TRIGGA HAPPY

I know I read that, hence my comment to Lek above. Trying my hand at song writing but need everyone’s help on JR site to spread the word, share on social channels and try to get some traction.
We r going to release a parody every Wed. As my work closed in marrch and has not reopened, had a bit of of time on my hands.

But need your help. 👍

Tigger Finger? 🤣
That’s gold.

Yeo late out.

tbone19

Like the new look of the comment section fellas! We appreciate your hard work Lek. Decided on bringing in Merrett today as I forgot to bring in the Bont thinking that they had the later game today. You win some and you lose some haha. Cheers

dempnsdelight

He certainly went nuts .

tophawk

Started with the Bont. What a rollercoaster it has been. Will take his 199 SC with a smile on my dial.

Russty_

I thought it would be in my team’s best interests to trade Bont and Mitchell out of my side. Now that’s how you play Supercoach !

TRIGGA HAPPY

what did you think of my song Hawk?

tophawk

Bloody hell! This new format has knobs on it! Finally worked out how to get back online. Interesting round this one. Carnage all over the place.

Bells and whistles everywhere TH..if I could be so bold or…a bit italic 😆

tophawk

TEST

test passed! 🙂

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_
tophawk

Russty_

You’d probably be pretty happy with yourself this week if you had gone Gawn to Nicnat, I of course, didn’t do that because I am a loser 😆

TRIGGA HAPPY

One of the very few trades I got right this allowed me to also go Pickett to tracca

Russty_

Nice Trig, 2 power trades there this week.

JohnDJ59

At least I got that trade right.

Russty_

Bad break for Sicily, hurt his leg in the last minute, hopefully he’s ok.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_
dempnsdelight

hey Rust how do i change my name

Russty_

Hi mate, top right corner put your cursor over your pic, where it says howdy, (edit profile) then change your public display name and save.

TRIGGA HAPPY

how do you get a member?

Russty_

Hi Trigg, google wordpress site and start an account if you don’t have one already, you need to create a username for wordpress and a password. The name you use for here can be changed anytime and is your ‘public display name'( write down your wordpress username and password somewhere)…then you come back here and connect through wordpress and you should be right then. You’re a member.

Last edited 1 month ago by Russty_

Test

Last edited 1 month ago by TRIGGA HAPPY
Russty_

If you want to delete a comment go to the little icon next to the comment amount (top left)
If you want to edit a comment, it’s the gear icon bottom right of your comment.

huh?

You’re welcome.

TRIGGA HAPPY

what did you think of my song NDD?

Derek

Where do I find the song?

TRIGGA HAPPY

Lek has posted it up the top under his spiel

derek

got it, loved it mate

neil jenkins

great keep it up scott I rather enjoyed it

Glad you enjoyed it NDD.
Can I ask a favour and get you to share it with everyone you know so we get it out there? more views, likes and comments the better.
check out our site “The ISOloators” as we also released a working class man parody last week 🙂

neil jenkins

trying to reply

demonsdelights

replys not staying

demonsdeelight

great

Derek

He wasn’t having a good game. Had to play as a tall on Darling. Sent forward in last quarter and didn’t look like kicking a goal

Had a bad day. Not having the Bont and BSmith Hurt

derek

he shouldn’t have even been in the forward line

neil jenkins
neil jenkins

test

demonsdelights

trying to fix it

demonsdeelight

big score dusty

JohnDJ59

Thinking of the discussion about ‘do you play for rank or league’. I’ve never really understood that question, I know we are supposed to play a different way depending on our preference, but do we. Season 2017 was my best year by far when I ended up with a rank of 1,501 instead of the usual 10,000 to 20,000 range. I also made the finals of the 7 leagues I was in, winning 3 premierships. I haven’t been able to continue that type of season since. So looking at that season, doesn’t that tell you that a good rank will also bring a good season in league, the two go hand in hand.

The Ranger

It depends on the quality of player in your League John. In some Leagues a top 5% rank might be enough to get you top spot, in others you might need to be top 1%.
I normally set myself a target rank after about 5 rounds and then play for rank up until League finals and it’s only at that point that I might actually make a decision on my team based on what players the other teams in my Leagues have.

JohnDJ59

It’s funny how I am going in the leagues this year, I’m actually going better in the top ranked leagues like Up There Cazaly, ranked 109 where I’m coming 4th, compared to Jolly Roger, ranked 290 where I’m coming 12th. I tend to do the same regarding the leagues. At the start I hardly look at it and it’s not till about half way through the season that I look at where I’m sitting in the leagues and who I’m playing.

derek

usually it does go hand in hand. the big difference is the number of trades and team value. Going for rank you need to start scoring well early, can’t fall behind the top ranked players, as the season goes on the top teams start looking similar and it becomes hard to gain points and rank. as a result you need to trade more aggressively, especially if you have an injury or a dud midpricer, or if you missed the hot premo like Neale.

going for rank you will be running very low on trades by the time the league finals come around. last year i had 1 trade left and as a result had early exists from all my leagues.

If you are aiming for league stardom, first you need to make sure you qualify in the top 8, so a few early wins will help a lot. Once you feel like you should make the top 8, its all about building team value but holding trades.

When it comes to league finals, a $13mil team can’t compete with a $13.5mil team

same with trades, a team with 1 or 2 trades, can’t compete with a team with 5 or 6 trades left.

JohnDJ59

After reading this Derek, I think I might be in trouble come the finals, currently looking at making 6/10, but my team value is only $12.5k. Plus I only seem able to post around the 2,250 type scores while others are getting over 2,400. I will have 4 trades left though, so at least that’s a positive.

Last edited 1 month ago by JohnDJ59
The Ranger

A wide range of scores around this week…what do we think par is?

demonsdeelight

i should get close to 2500 which would be ok I would hope

The Ranger

Haha! Great score, I think you might be a tad above par this week mate!

Demons Deelight

Was hoping to get Tich Ranger but settled on bye friendly Sheed Juries out

derek

you have given me a bit of a touch up this week

demonsdeelight

Finally got the hang of this now Apologies to all I have annoyed or neglected It took a new email address under one of my all time favorites to correct it JACK WATTS Is he still playing? Just maybe had another good week Anyone know how i put a dee photo up Thanks NDD

Russty_

If you can find the “edit profile” part Neil, that’s where the magic happens, seems to vary from page to page though as to where that is.

Last edited 30 days ago by Russty_