Festival of Fantasy | Day 6

Published by Patch on

Hooly dooly, we’re six days and one full round into the festival of footy and this is where we’ll separate the men from the boys, the women from the girls and the dogs from the slightly smaller but far more aggressive dogs.

Obviously with the news around Melbourne and Victoria, thoughts are going out to everyone and anyone doing it tough. Wrap your arms around each other.

Just the one game here on Monday night to kick the round off with the Dogs and Power going at it. There’ll be a podcast coming out just before the first bounce (I hope? Maybe? Content is kind of cooked) so if you’re not planning on doing any trades involving Dogs or Port players, steer clear of doing any if you can.

TARGETS

Tom Stewart – $443,300 DEF – BE 31

If you want yourself a cheap premium in the backline, here’s your man. Tommy boy pumped out a whopping 145 on his return from injury during a cracker on Saturday night. Get him in now for under 450k.

Mitch Duncan – $521,500 MID – BE 29

He was a very popular trade-in target before going down with a hamstring injury a few rounds ago and has only become more in-vogue since returning with scores of 148 and 134. Will be a top midfielder from here on out barring injury.

Dustin Martin – $516,600 MID/FWD – BE 16

I did look at Dusty last week and wondered if the time was right to jump on ahead of Bailey Smith. Turns out I’m an idiot. Oh boy did Dusty come BACK in a big way this week with 180. Will be the cheapest we see him for some time.

Sam Draper – $123,900 RUCK – BE -22

The biggest rookie of the round might take some wrangling to get into your side, but Sam Draper rewarded those who’d been waiting a long time to see him debut in red and black. He should play pretty consistently from here on out barring management with condensed fixtures and by the looks of things will be the Bombers’ #1 ruck. Lock him in if you can get him.

Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs, 7.10pm AEST

Brad Ebert will miss this clash with the Dogs because he’s injured, somehow. We don’t know how or why but I’m done with Bradley and flicking him. Josh Dunkley is back for the Dogs – what does this do to Macrae?

Funny name for high breakevens

Tim English 232
Travis Boak 138
Marcus Bontempelli 128
Dan Houston 120

Funny name for low breakevens

Louis Butler -17
Mitch Georgiardies -4
Karl Amon 12
Sam Mayes 17
Jack Macrae 60

Top VC options

Jack Macrae
This bloke might be alright at football, ya know? Has scored 169 and 162 in his last two in the first game of the round and there’s literally not a thing you could ask more of him. This idiot’s forgone VCing him two weeks in a row, and will I finally repent and VC him this week? No, because Dunkely’s back and that scares me. Good thing for you lot is that means he’s due for another 160.

Marcus Bontempelli
He’s good at football. Definitely. Hasn’t been on fire in the Superoach sense this year but decent smokey if you’re keen for a gamble. I dunno.

Tim English
Hear me out here. I know he’s burned a lot of people who brought him in after the double ton, but remember: he did score a double ton. Against no Scott Lycett, he could score big again? Could be the perfect VC option.

Dan Houston
Hahahahahaha no one has Dan Houston any more. Ha. Good one Patch, you idiot. Next thing you’ll be telling us Sam Mayes is a smokey VC option by way of a thinly veiled suggestion you could do worse, but with enough doubt that if he does score 30 you can’t be held liable. Yeah, you would do that, you fiend.

New faces

Boyd Woodcock is a footballer who apparently plays football. Will debut for Port. He’s a 102k forward I know nothing about and you should under no circumstances select this week. If he goes alright we can look at him next week but I don’t care what the reason is – steer clear.

Arms around you all, community, it’s a tough time for everyone – be you in Melbourne or anywhere around this big old messy globe of ours.

Categories: Supercoach

Patch · 02/08/2020 at 23:37

Apologies for not being around much in the comments you beautiful humans. Everything's just all over the shop at Casa Del Patch.

For the record, I think I'd rather Duncan than Stewart but I'm getting both this week anyway. Both are so, so cheap. Also if anyone can fix my forward line that'd be hugely appreciated. Izak's outta there, you've done your job son.

Patch · 02/08/2020 at 23:44

Also for those playing along at home, I've fallen 149 spots from rank 149, leaving me at 298 and (hopefully) only Cavarra, McInerny and Docherty not playing this week.

Russty_ · 03/08/2020 at 00:01

Great going this year Patchy, keep up the excellent work and have a good crack at the whole deal this season.

Patch · 03/08/2020 at 19:50

Thanks mate!

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 00:04

My cognitive bias has left me with not only Docherty missing this week, but 3 Hawks. Chad, Titch and Sicily.

Will be throwing the magnets around to try and field a decent team.

Anyone who plays me in the leagues this week could have an easy match.

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 00:14

Just realised I’m against you Patch in the Elite of the Elite league. Top of the table clash.

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 16:51

Played Patch in Trigga league. Happy to get the chocolates 47 from Ebert and he might have to move him on as l don’t think he’ll get up this week

Patch · 03/08/2020 at 19:51

Ebert is gone. Been rubbish for me since I brought him in. To think I traded Dusty to him when Dusty missed round three.

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 00:01

Nice going ol’ patchy boy

I think Stewart is a no brainer this week.

Duncan almost is, but starts becoming too many cats, maybe. Selwood back just puts some doubt in my mind.

I traded out Dusty to Petracca before round 2, I think Dusty has done enough to get back in my team.

AuroraBorealis?! · 03/08/2020 at 11:30

Was still super consistent and averaging between 110-120 with Selwood in the side. I think his scoring will drop off slightly but will still be very valuable

TBone_23 · 03/08/2020 at 10:30

Good on ya Patch! Will you be bringing in Mr Sam Draper this week?

Patch · 03/08/2020 at 19:52

Thanks TBone! Draper a lock to come in for me this week

Connor · 02/08/2020 at 23:44

Anyone know how SuperCoach Draft is working with the bye rounds?

Russty_ · 02/08/2020 at 23:59

Don't think the byes matter in draft Connor, just get as many on the park as you can.

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:44

looking at the SC score estimates, nothing changed.

Jess · 03/08/2020 at 08:02

Seriously thinking of trading laird to stewart and banking $26k. Laird average 90, Stewart average 107 minus injury.

Thoughts?

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:45

is there any other way for getting Stewart?

If you were to sideways, i'd look at Sicily who has a bye this week and will make you a heap of cash

Jess · 03/08/2020 at 11:15

Hi Derek. Defence is finished and I have Sicily already. Not sure if Laird will cut it from here, so it might be my last chance to get rid of him with a downgrade to stewart & bank 30k

Fearthebeard · 03/08/2020 at 08:34

McRae or Duncan this week?

Fearthebeard · 03/08/2020 at 08:35

Macrae lol typo

Fearthebeard · 03/08/2020 at 09:20

No one?

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 09:23

Both could be effected by big names coming back. Dunkley and Selwood.

Duncan for price

Crippa09 · 03/08/2020 at 12:33

Duncan is a steal. And the worry out there about Selwood effecting him, i personally don't think is warranted. Yes his scoringht drop from 140 to 120, but if you take out his 13 when he got injured early then his lowest score has been 114. He's tonned up in every game that Selwood played

Ned_Starkers · 03/08/2020 at 08:54

Probably glad my head came off a few seasons ago given the state of the world atm. Anyway sc going avg at best, but still trying. This week I can take 2 of either Dusty, Duncan or Stewart plus I’m getting Draper. I need to build the back line more than mid, but don’t want to look a targaryen dragon in the mouth….

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 09:22

I looked fwd to this week fixture and seen the cats play the same day as the crows. Only reason l kept Doodee on the pine. So if he doesn’t get up this week will become Stewart. Only reason l didn’t go a week early was to get Stewart a bit cheaper plus l had cover.

Thomas · 03/08/2020 at 09:23

Is Simpkin still an option in a couple of weeks? Has a 3 round average of 49 but still averaging 96 for the season. Will be VERY cheap in a few weeks but are his early-season scores long gone or can we expect him to return to that form?

derek · 03/08/2020 at 09:51

he looks like he is still struggling with his ankle and getting some extra attention.

His price is falling, i'd wait for a good score before getting him

Rick · 03/08/2020 at 13:11

No I'm flicking him this week. Hasnt been the same player since injury and needs Cunnington in the team for the heat to be taken off him.

Jorg Ancrath · 03/08/2020 at 09:58

Hey, does Markov have any JS?

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:08

JR SURVIVOR GROUPS

This is it fellas, the LAST week before the merger. All those who receive immunity this week are automatically through to the Champion of Champions group.

We had a first place tie in Div 4 this week between @VoteSustainable & Fishermen (2442) but @Vote got the immunity because of their higher overall ranking.

We lost some great community members this week. It was a bad time to have a bad week Holty.

On the other hand there were a few close calls, with demonsdelight scraping through by 1 point.

Just to show how competitive it was this week, now we are near the pointy end of the season, FUNKHOUSER (2321) & The Dogs Bollox (2316) were both eliminated with scores that would have got immunity in any other week. bad luck fellas.

ELIMINATED

Div 1 – Fugg Nuggles & FUNKHOUSER

Div 2 – Marchmallows & Mighty Chungus

Div 3 – Holt & Singapore Flyers

Div 4 – Totti FC & Valens FC

Div 5 – Vicwood & Monaco

Div 6 – Ka-boom & The Dogs Bollox

Div 7 – MosquitoSquad & Its Just a Cold

IMMUNITY

Div 1 – Fyfe Is Life (2451)
Div 2 – hunterpunter (2467)
Div 3 – Liverpool (2548)
Div 4 – @VoteSustainable (2442)
Div 5 – One Touch Wonder (2446)
Div 6 – Brock's Beasts (2521) – Current #72 overall
Div 7 – The Superstarrias (2553) – WOW

Shout out to Barchang Barflys (Div 7) who still holds overall rank #3

PLEASE NOTE

Because the groups are a little un-even; there will be Only ONE eliminated from Division 6 but THREE from Division 7

Thanks Fellas

s c tragic · 03/08/2020 at 10:18

Just wondering Div 5 2446 I had 2468 what is the grading system? not complaining just curious. (Penske file)

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:38

that is a nice score (and a great team name)

i can't see your team in Div 5 (or any of the divisions)

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 11:39

Some notable teams gone this week

hedski · 03/08/2020 at 11:55

Dang I thought I had the immunity

derek · 03/08/2020 at 12:42

it is all happening very fast. maybe you had immunity the week before.

this is who had immunity this week.

Div 1 – Coolburg Rangers (2214)
      Div 2 – hunterpunter (2439)
      Div 3 – kicking behinds (2370)
      Div 4 – 21SkiWrdDojaKeefs (2320)
      Div 5 – The Blacksheep (2365)
      Div 6 – Brock's Beasts (2403) – Back2Back Immunity
      Div 7 – Barchang Barflys (2450)

i didn't realise Brock's Beasts has had immunity 3 weeks in a row. he is a BEAST!

hedski · 03/08/2020 at 18:09

Cheers Derek, ya not wrong the rounds are flying.
        Oh well I lasted longer than last year, good luck this weekend…sorry round.

NDD · 03/08/2020 at 18:58

Sad to see you depart I was lucky enough to survive Chose to keep Doedee instead of trading him to Stewart so killed over 100 pts would have won 3 leagues but now i have doedee

One Touch Wonder · 03/08/2020 at 13:30

look out for more SHARK MOVES

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 13:46

Ah, there you are One Touch. I was just thinking yesterday that you're about due a MOVE.

One Touch Wonder · 03/08/2020 at 17:34

rozee for rankine.
        williams instead of stewart.

Russty_ · 03/08/2020 at 20:26

Well done OTW, god to see you're doing well with your out of the box thinking…let us know how you end up for the year.

Holty01 · 03/08/2020 at 16:26

Cheers Derek once again for running this. And yes, not a good week for me. In fact I dropped 5000 in the rankings. Ouch

Bells · 03/08/2020 at 20:55

Forgot I was in this, or how it works – sitting 8 spots ahead of you in the rankings Derek (div 4), and 2 km across the water IRL.
    Seems I have immunity this week – which might be good because my planning for the byes started yesterday and by the look of those scores you posted…uh oh, jungo !

derek · 05/08/2020 at 10:09

Cheers Bells.

IRL we are in a pretty nice area 😉

Immunity means you are through to the Champions group. I'll be posting the new code next week for those who qualify to join, look out for it.

Nick · 03/08/2020 at 10:10

Question everyone, if you have a emergency on a player and he scores in your top 18, does his score count?

Mitch is back · 03/08/2020 at 10:17

Only if you have a non-playing player in that line.

You can loop the player on.

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:18

Only if he is replacing a player onfield who didn't play. (usual rules)

say if you have 8 midfielders all play and you have a player on the bench with E, you won't get the bench players score.

Mitch is back · 03/08/2020 at 10:20

Which 3 of the following do I field on the forward line? No loops available.

Rankine, Georgiades, Aarts, Taylor, D.Cameron

Leaning towards Georgiades, Cameron & Rankine

derek · 03/08/2020 at 10:41

Rankine because he can score big.

Cameron because swans defense is full of midgets

Georgiades because i don't think much of the other two

FearTheBeard · 03/08/2020 at 11:19

Macrae, Duncan, Titchell? Who ya think (BYES NO ISSUE)

derek · 03/08/2020 at 12:47

Titch is starting to build very nicely. obviously had the leg issues and then the shoulder, but last couple of weeks he is looking like the titch of old.

save $100k over Macrae

has his bye this week and should play each week

Jorg Ancrath · 03/08/2020 at 11:25

Serong could be a keeper!

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 11:36

Big Max in doubt this wed!

Trades · 03/08/2020 at 11:41

Omg this season is just unbelievable

TBone_23 · 03/08/2020 at 12:52

Means Draper in could be a must!

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 13:18

It’s best 18

FearTheBeard · 03/08/2020 at 11:39

Is Rankine a sell this week? Dunno what his B/E is? Also what about Pickett with another 100 has his B/E got alot of cash to make still?

I'm in a position where I can sell Rankine swing Whitfield down and bring Titchell in while keeping Pickett for another week OR sell Pickett and get Macrae and hold Rankine for another couple weeks maybe?

Trades · 03/08/2020 at 11:40

Fearthebeard · 03/08/2020 at 11:59

For who sorry

Trades · 03/08/2020 at 12:44

Sorry I looked at footywire and Rankine was -1 but must’ve been last rounds be

AuroraBorealis?! · 03/08/2020 at 12:12

Rankine B/E is 70. Pickett is at 33

JEL · 03/08/2020 at 14:14

Rankine BE = his Avg = 76 = gone from my team

Fearthebeard · 03/08/2020 at 11:59

-1 Pickett or Rankine?

JugHead · 03/08/2020 at 13:00

Not sure about either option to be honest.
    Titch has the bye this week. So not sure why you wouldn't wait until next week.
    While I think Rankine is pretty much done, he isn't projected to drop a lot of cash, so holding him shouldn't hurt.
    How will Macrae be affected with Dunk coming back in?….not sure.

One thing is for sure. Clubs will rotate their players in the next couple of weeks, and the way the teams are announced will create mayhem. Late outs are a bigger risk than ever.

Imagine trading in a premo, just to see him left out 30 mins before the game, and you are scored on your best 18. Some of the ruckmen in particular are clearly feeling the pinch. Popular young cash cows may also get managed. But we don't know which ones.

What I'm thinking of doing is this. Wait until teams drop, then cull fat cows. I expect some of them to be rested this round anyway. Instead of chasing premos who might not play, I'll replace them with fresh rookies.
    Also, and this is important, a lot of the premos we bring in will have their TOG managed, or will be moved deep forward when the game is no longer in doubt. Their scores could be lower than normal.
    NEXT week, bring in Titch and Fyfe on fresh legs after their byes, even though they play each other in Rd11.
    The downside, is I'm gunna run out of fattened cows quickly. But I'm lucky that I have a lot of warm bodies at the moment.

Was Wah FC · 03/08/2020 at 13:01

33 for Pickett
    76 Rankine

Maverick_ · 03/08/2020 at 12:25

It's time to move Devon Smith on . He's no good at football

Smith -> Duncan
Taylor -> Draper

Really want Skinner but Maxy King decided to go and nearly ton up now I am forced to keep him lol
Hopefully I can find another way to make it happen. He looked good on the weekend and popular at brissy

David C · 05/08/2020 at 07:25

Skinner probably out next week for McStay who has served his ban. Very risky.

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 12:26

Rankine, Pickett, McInerney OUT
Georgiades, Draper, 550K Mid Premo IN

Yes or no?
Anm I going too early on Pickett and Rankine?

MAYhem · 03/08/2020 at 12:38

I think too early on PIckett. Still has cash to make and is a decent chance of a good score. Ok to move on Rankine, he has done his job. He was never going to keep up his scoring from his first 2 weeks.

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 12:51

Yeah I'd prefer to keep Pickett but dumping him is the only way I can get another premo in.
      Weighing up whether to triple trade in order to get a premo in or just double down to bank build.

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 13:21

Bring your premium in after their bye. That’s how we used to do it.

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 13:51

Yeah I'm leaning toward just trading Rankine and McInerney.
          I like Georgiades even tho I've missed some price rises as his JS looks pretty good.
          Not sure on MID rookies? Will Bell at Sydney hold his spot?

TelescopicCox · 03/08/2020 at 12:35

Tough decisions this week. The options are 2 value premos or 1 uber premo in Sir Lachie Neale

A) D.Smith, Budarick & Bewley to Stewart, Duncan & Draper ($60k bank)
B) Bewley, Budarick & McInerny to Neale, Draper & Skinner ($111k bank)

TBone_23 · 03/08/2020 at 12:51

I like option 1 mate. Getting in two bottomed out premos and Dev has got to go. Lock it in mate

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 13:21

Option 1

s c tragic · 03/08/2020 at 14:08

Hi Derek,now I'm really confused, JR Rabble (478222) this week playing The Premium Squad. Cheers Penske file

derek · 03/08/2020 at 14:20

The JR SURVIVOR GROUPS is a knockout competition.

I set it up in the 'Groups' area, not the 'Leagues'

We started with out with out 170 teams spread out in 7 'Groups'.

The two lowest scores each round are eliminated. I literally delete them from the group.

MAYhem · 03/08/2020 at 12:41

I am deciding between very similar trades. I am probably leaning towards Stewart & Duncan, but if i do that i am probably not going to get Neale this year.

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 15:15

Stewart is not a must have. There are quite a few decent defenders around that price. They all have their up and downs.

Clearly he is great value, so if you want him now is the time, pre-bye.

My strategy is going to be like other years, bring premos in after their bye.

Taking a hit this week with titch, Chad, Sicily and Docherty out. Looking at Cripps and Hurn next week instead of Stewart and Duncan this week.

JugHead · 03/08/2020 at 17:53

Agree. Bringing in players after their bye has to be a priority.
      Stewart is good value, but it still depends on your overall balance.

derek · 03/08/2020 at 19:00

Stewart is good value. So is Williams, Hurn, JJ, Vlastuin, Smith

Duncan is good value, so is Bont, Cripps, Titch, Merret, Dusty, Zorko, Shuey, Yeo, taranto.

there are plenty to choose from now and there will be plenty to choose from later.

consider the byes

Mitch is back · 03/08/2020 at 14:12

I am starting to think ahead to next rounds trades, given it will be Friday night / Saturday morning of this week.

Who would you bring in out of-
Tom Mitchell
Tim Kelly
Dylan Shiel

or wait a week and get Luke Parker.

I'm thinking Tom Mitchell, but haven't seen many Hawks games recently, except against Melb where he was quite.

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 15:21

I’m a hawks fan and Titch was trouser stretching last game.

He is back to his accumulating best, running into space and getting plenty of the ball.

8 tackles (game high) his shoulder is better than ok.

derek · 03/08/2020 at 16:51

Titch gave away 3 free kicks.

McAngus · 03/08/2020 at 14:50

Hi supercoachers,
300k Trades looking at
Simpkin to Whitfield
DSmith to Duncan
Doedee to Stewart (pending Wednesday selection), would miss Mayes if doedee in, I have Sicily Doc donuts
40k left

Sadly, I brought in Sicily not LLoyd last week, missed Macrae too grrr! Dunk may factor on his high price now
Others in mix as ins: Petracca, Mayes, Macrae, LLoyd, Witherden

Am I on point or do you prefer one in the mix?

JohnDJ59 · 03/08/2020 at 21:33

I like all three trades.

McAngus · 04/08/2020 at 18:06

Another option in the head for future rounds is I could free up cash with Pittonet at R3 to Draper. He's lost coin but have had other issues. Could keep as cover or tempted to jump on Draper to free up 200k. Would mean I miss DSmith to Whitfield as the Cats boys are too appealing.

McAngus · 04/08/2020 at 18:10

If Doedee plays, I will then be able to go upgrade Starcevich to Stewart. Waiting on teams

Ralph_7 · 03/08/2020 at 15:06

Anyone know who has the better JS out of Skinner and Ballenden? I thought Ballenden came in for Archie Smith and with Smith and Stef Martin out for the next few weeks I was of the impression the Big O would ruck and Ballenden would chop out? What is Skinners role and who did he come in for? Cheers

David C · 05/08/2020 at 07:32

Skinner did come in for McStay who is back next game with Ballenden performing Archies role. However anything could happen. Both McStay and Skinner can also chop out in the ruck so either Ballenden or Skinner could be dropped or even Hipwood could be managed. McStay will definitely come back in. Someone has to go out. Probably doesn't help.

Jorg Ancrath · 03/08/2020 at 15:23

Who would you rather own this week – Dusty, Duncan or Stewart?

Derek · 03/08/2020 at 15:51

Dusty for me. Guaranteed tOp 6 forward.

Not a POD but will be left behind without him

JohnDJ59 · 03/08/2020 at 21:30

I was getting Stewart in this week, but now I'm looking at Dusty for my upgrade.

Jess · 03/08/2020 at 22:30

I'm banking on dusty to stay below the 100 mark for the next few weeks. Some people will argue differently based on his last week's score

Marvin · 03/08/2020 at 15:28

I need to cull one of simpkin or Bailey smith who have both been disappointing lately and lost all their cash. Which one should go first? Cheers

Jorg Ancrath · 03/08/2020 at 16:20

I'd say they are both keepers. Price is irrelevant.

JohnDJ59 · 03/08/2020 at 21:29

Simpkin needs to go, B.Smith is a keeper for the fwd line.

Jess · 03/08/2020 at 22:27

Dont listen to this. Give simpkin a shot

Jess · 03/08/2020 at 22:27

Has to be some other lines to fix up… Use your cash wisely

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 17:14

Skinner or Georgiades?
Tempted by Skinners low price but how's his JS?

derek · 03/08/2020 at 17:37

$229k is a bit too much for Georgiades.

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 17:59

It is but I have enough trades to get thru to the end of the season so I don't mind so much.
      He'll keep going up in price and will play every week. I'd ditch him at Ports bye.
      Can't bloody decide….

derek · 03/08/2020 at 18:09

What about Rozee for $50k more. Almost rookie price now, but he did look ok last week. PTA have a few tough games coming up, Georgiades might struggle and get dropped. Where Rozee might get some midfield time with Ebert out and Maybe Boak having a little rest soon.

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 18:18

I did look at him but decided against it. Too risky.
          Think I'm gonna go with Bell and Georgiades and skip Skinner.
          Bells DPP got him over the line.

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 17:55

Maybe Bell

The Ranger · 03/08/2020 at 17:57

Bell is def in the mix but I have the same worries re his JS.

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 18:22

You could risk it and go very cheap & early with woodcock

David C · 05/08/2020 at 07:34

I"m expecting Flanders or Sharp to debut for GC or maybe both. I will go early on one of them instead.

jonno · 03/08/2020 at 17:59

1. ballenden or skinner?
2. Stewart or duncan?

JohnDJ59 · 03/08/2020 at 21:50

Skinner and Stewart.

TommyC99 · 03/08/2020 at 18:26

James Bell?

ST1974 · 03/08/2020 at 18:28

Do I put the VC on Mcrae tonight, leave it on Gawn or put in on Neale and put the C on Grundy. Not convinced that Mcrae will go 160 three weeks in a row, especially against Port. Thoughts?

Pman · 03/08/2020 at 18:48

I'd put in on Macrae given Gawn is under an injury cloud and may not play.

Shake_n_bake · 03/08/2020 at 18:32

Jackson Payne to debut for Bris

Pman · 03/08/2020 at 18:39

Thoughts on the following trades;
OUT Simpkin ($425,400) IN Draper ($123,900)
OUT Noble ($305,100) IN Stewart ($443,000)
OUT Conroy ($102,400) IN Mayes ($301,700) with $174K left over for next week.

Is it too late to get Mayes in? He is averaging 92 which is cheap for $301K but can he keep it up? Am thinking he will be a M8 and likely to socre more than the injured and out of form Simpkin. Thoughts?

derek · 03/08/2020 at 19:03

doesn't look like you have gained much with those trades.

JugHead · 03/08/2020 at 19:05

Not convinced Mayes keeps this scoring rate up.

McAngus · 04/08/2020 at 18:08

Nailed that call mate. I resisted the tempter too for that reason…..late. Relief!

James Sykes · 04/08/2020 at 09:34

gday community.

Can you help a brother out?

Do I go with the crowd and secure the good value of Stewart and keep $180k in the skyrocket or do I get Petrecca now while I can?

Mission Stewart Sting:
OUT Brander/egg ….IN Skinner/Stewart

Operation Petrecca Pinzer
OUT S Hill and Rankine, IN Skinner/Petrecca

Cheers fellas.

Russty_ · 04/08/2020 at 15:41

Hi James, Stewart is very tempting and reliable but Petracca has stepped up this year and become a must have gun, both are good choices but depends on what your trading plans might be for next week and how much money that needs.
    With Petracca though, I'd say, if you want him, get him.

derek · 04/08/2020 at 18:36

Petracca is clearly top 6 forward. No Bye. Crows this week.

Nick · 04/08/2020 at 14:23

Hi Community,

Thoughts on Sidebottom as a POD?

TelescopicCox · 04/08/2020 at 15:34

High risk but high reward IMO. Can get tagged out of games as seen on Sunday where Conca kept him to 7 touches in the first half (1 in the 2nd qtr), but when he moved in to the guts he flew home to score around 140

As a Pies fan I think we need him in the middle to recapture some of that 2018 form

MagicGnome97 · 04/08/2020 at 20:37

Gun. Struggles to score SC points when hes tagged though, and its usually either him or Pendles who cops the tag – Pendles is out atm. fortunately we've already played gws and west coast, two clubs who use taggers.

Swoopsta · 04/08/2020 at 15:24

What to do with Toby Greene? Out 3 weeks with hammy

Russty_ · 04/08/2020 at 15:39

Trade him out Swoop…it's finals in 3 weeks.

Nick · 04/08/2020 at 16:21

must trade

MagicGnome97 · 04/08/2020 at 20:34

Hill > Sholl or Rankine > Hosie, Schoenberg or Sholl?

already have draper

The Lost Boys · 04/08/2020 at 21:40

Do we take Neales 140 or gamble on Gawn or Grundy?

Russty_ · 04/08/2020 at 23:31

Do you take 149 or gamble on something better?
    Common sense dictates the answer mate, if you're a chronic gambler maybe go for the big score…but even if Gawn or Grundy exceed Neale, it ain't that much better.