Festival of Fantasy | Day 4 |

Published by Fozdaddy on

We’ve got our first Saturday of the greatest Festival known to mankind! There’s only three games today, but Gil & co have done a great job to ensure they are back-to-back-to-back.

North Melbourne vs Adelaide (2:35pm AEST)

St Kilda vs Sydney (5:10pm AEST)

West Coast vs Geelong (8:10pm AEST)

BREAKEVENS

Just write a funny name for the high breakevens here

Ben Cunnington 215

Jy Simpkin 201

Todd Goldstein 200

Jack Ziebell 194

Tom Stewart 162

And just a funny name for the low breakevens here

Ben McKay -42

Bradley Close -28

Shane McAdam -15

Andrew McPherson -15

Elijah Taylor -12

CAPTAINS

Top VC/C Options

Todd Goldstein

Old man Todd has been one of the best SuperCoach options this year, and he’ll be coming up against a decent ruckman in Reilly O’Brien. Playing good players hasn’t stopped Goldy this year from scoring well.

Jack Steele

Steele has flown under the radar this season, with only 6.3% of teams owning the 5th highest scorer. If you do have him, he’d be a good option in a game against a side with no real stars in the midfield. He won’t be tagging, Ratten should let him roam free and rack up touches and tackles.

Tim Kelly

Who doesn’t love playing against their old side? Tim has been on fire in recent weeks, racking up 140, 105 and 150 in his last three. He’s back in Perth, and is performing well in his home state. Big game against the Cats.

NEW FACES

West Coast: Harry Edwards ($123,900 DEF)

Harry will be West Coast’s first debutant this season. The 197cm defender is expected to try to fill the void left by McGovern. Unsure how SuperCoach friendly a key defender is, unless he plays an intercepting role.

Good luck today Community!

Categories: Supercoach

Dan · 01/08/2020 at 10:59

I haven't heard much about Ben McKay. Does anyone know what his job security is like?

G.C. · 01/08/2020 at 11:18

What are the chances that Noble plays?

Trying to figure out what to do with Doedee. If Noble doesn't play, I'm copping a donut either way. At that point, I'd rather just upgrade him to Haynes and get Keane next week for Def cover. If he does play, I can get Ling and get no donut, but I don't know if I have much faith in Kings scoring anyway. Don't really want to trade away Doedee for a one week injury.

Shake_n_bake · 01/08/2020 at 12:10

Tex out

Kangaz · 01/08/2020 at 13:13

Don't think anyone will cry. He is in less than 1% of teams

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 13:54

Adelaide fans should be happy as they have one less spud to worry about…

Shake_n_bake · 01/08/2020 at 15:02

True

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 12:25

Grundy, Danger or Steele as captain??

Holty01 · 01/08/2020 at 13:06

Grundy. No Nic Nat this week to smash him up.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 13:43

It is going to be wet in Perth tomorrow for the pies-Freo clash. Today is nice and Sunny for Danger to do his stuff. Just thought Id throw that in the mix. LOL

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 13:55

Dangerman in gooe weather conditions tonight, Grundy will be playing in the wet tomorrow. Steele is a good option too but if it were me I'd take Danger.

NDD · 03/08/2020 at 18:53

steele having a great year

Ryan · 01/08/2020 at 13:10

Do I play close or Simpson at M8?

cash_cows · 01/08/2020 at 13:24

Who wins guys?
1 – 136pts + simpkin + simpson + Greenwood
OR
2 – A.Mcpherson + danger + kelly + serong.

I'm option 1, need to know if I should move on doedee.
Can only afford Hurn and I dont really want to.
Cant move on other def rookie to Ling or other, just short of $.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 13:51

I reckon you have your nose in front, but only just!. Your lead and those 3 players should get you around 410 points. (136+ 100 + 64+ 110= 410) I reckon option 2 is good for 400 points (75 + 130 + 115 + 80= 400 points). Good luck CC! TH

JugHead · 01/08/2020 at 13:55

Re-posted from the other page. Does anyone know the set-up with how many trades we can use each week?
Is it three any week there is a bye, and two for non bye weeks? Excluding this week of course.

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 14:01

I want to bring McPherson from Adelaide into my backline for either Noble or Brander but can't decide who should go as if I trade Noble out I will have $263K for next weeks trade but nil DEF bench coverage for this week (assuming Noble is picked). If I trade Brander out then I will have bench coverage & $210K (if Noble picked) but Brander still has coin to make and is no longer injured but unsure if and when he's likely to get another game. Finally I could trade Mcasey who isn't playing but would lose circa $20K on the trade. Throughts??

Maverick_ · 01/08/2020 at 14:10

what do we know about the JS or bell, close, ling and watson?
Throw some other rookies at me if i've missed any πŸ™‚

need to double or triple down on rooks build a bank

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 14:31

Same here would also love to know.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 14:39

Bad luck for coaches who traded in Brodie Smith this week. Looks like he has something to his knee. Looks cooked.

dontblushbaby · 01/08/2020 at 14:44

I considered it right up to the start but decided to keep Doedee

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 14:49

He is back out there now. Not sure if he is right though. Time will tell. Id be bloody nervous if I had him.

derek · 01/08/2020 at 18:42

that was me.

Doedee to Brodie.

that missed Gawn trade two weeks ago is still killing me

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 18:46

That is unlucky Derek. Nothing worse then trading straight into players that get injured. Happens to all of us. If Doedee misses next week, I will probably switch him to Alex Witherden. What a return game he played. 170 SC. Amazing.

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 19:10

Bad luck with that one Derek, at least Gawn didn't get 180000 this week.

derek · 01/08/2020 at 19:43

yeah, but i got gawn this week as well.

Pitto, Doedee & McInnerney OUT

Gawn, Brodie & Close IN

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:30

Ah ok…well you can get his 180000 next week then πŸ™‚

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:41

Close might outscore the other two

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 15:19

Is it worth swinging brander back with hill and trading him down to Tobe Watson or Ling, or just going to Hurn or Stewart? I have 460k after trading brander

AuroraBorealis?! · 01/08/2020 at 15:31

Simpkin having an absolute stinker

Shake_n_bake · 01/08/2020 at 15:53

So far glad l traded Simpkin this week couldn’t afford the bleeding of cash. Has played the fewest minutes for Nth

AuroraBorealis?! · 01/08/2020 at 16:03

Wish I went him to petracca instead of smith. With another downgrade i could've found a way to get duncan in

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 16:13

Hey AB, I've got him, Taylor and Mckay onfield this week haha yahoo!

Kangaz · 01/08/2020 at 16:27

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚sorry but funny as hell

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 16:39

No worries Kangaz, great young talent ya got coming through there mate! lol (jk)

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 16:34

Damn Russty! Thats painful. McKay has a history of being a notorious turd dropper. He is back to his old ways. Majak Daw fell on Taylor's leg which has stuffed him up. I punted Taylor this week with Noble, and Budarick. Got myself Ling, Close and the Ridler down back. Ridley would have tonned up easy last night if it was not for that humiliation handed out by Brisbane. Cheers mate. TH

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 16:39

Hey mate, it's all good, this is like hell, karma, payback year for me apparently for all the indiscretions I've ever committed in my life ;)…hopefully if SC ever gets back to normal, I'll have some better luck.
        Ridley's a good pickup TH…gun year for him…I've been trying to get rid of Taylor for a month but other shite just shows up..lol

G.C. · 01/08/2020 at 15:33

Should've benched Simpkin to take Aarts score instead of Curtis Taylor. Gee whiz. Ever since that injury he's turned into a pumpkin. Don't have the time to deal with Dev Smith 2.0, I just got rid of the first one!

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 16:14

He's getting into Potato territory pretty quick.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/08/2020 at 16:20

Simpkin has turned into the ugly duckling at the ball. His disposal today has been nothing short of disgraceful. I nearly traded him in about a month ago, but then I had to put out another fire on one of my other lines. Got away with it.

Kangaz · 01/08/2020 at 16:26

I did same. Almost traded him in a few times but had injuries and suspensions issues.

The Lost Boys · 01/08/2020 at 17:10

It's sad that I have Dev Smith on the bench and Simpkin on the field…….time to trade both I think!

derek · 01/08/2020 at 18:40

happens to the young fellas. he was always going to slow down. didn't get him but every week it was hurting. Had in 3 of my draft teams and trading him out high a few weeks ago. did the same with Brayshaw last week.

he might be effected by that ankle injury. might even get a rest soon

Kangaz · 01/08/2020 at 15:37

Simpkin low points but north winning. I'm satisfied

JugHead · 01/08/2020 at 16:01

Nearly traded Jack Mahony out this week, but didn't.
Really happy to see him giving us another moo.

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 17:46

Of the followig three players who would you have on the bench out of Budarick, Simpson and Close?

Holty01 · 01/08/2020 at 18:22

Budarick for me mate

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 19:01

Cheers Holty

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 19:10

Hey pman, agree with Holt…Budarick's good scores these days are about 50, Simpson and Close look more likely scorers.

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:00

agree. going with Close and leave Budarick on the bench

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:06

do i play Close ahead of Rankine?

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:29

He's had a nice start Derek, what did you end up doing?..I was out riding my bike.

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:42

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:49

Noice..just hope he can double up his score now after half time.

Holty01 · 01/08/2020 at 18:00

So I kept Taylor and got rid of King. Sums up my season. Damn

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 18:37

You're going ok Holty, at least you're not having my season.

MagicGnome97 · 01/08/2020 at 23:17

How are you going so far Russty?

Russty_ · 02/08/2020 at 13:15

Not good mate, only backwards since round 1, think I've been too distracted this season, a lot of other stuff going on and all.

MagicGnome97 · 01/08/2020 at 23:14

same here ffs

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 18:31

Hurn, Stewart or Tobe Watson for brander to avoid Hill donut? Already have a full backline other than hill assuming Doedee is a keeper.

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 18:37

Hurn is the best value, and now he's home should be quite consistent…will make money this week as Stewart loses it.

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 22:38

Welp let's just say I'm not too happy with my choice πŸ˜‚πŸ’€

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:48

Sorry may as well scrap that last comment, Hurn hasn't touched it and Stewart is killing it…go figure.

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 20:52

Stewart will be the most traded in player next week and I'll be aiming to bring him in for Noble.

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:59

Yep reckon I'll be jumping on again too Pman, started with him, was spewin when he got injured.

Pman · 01/08/2020 at 21:13

He is a gun although it will mean I miss out on Lloyd unless I trade Doc out at some stage. But at circa $440K next week there can be no passing on Stewart at that price.

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 21:16

Agree, he's a dead set premo these days, gets involved in so much of the play, and uses it really well consistently.

Mitch is back · 01/08/2020 at 20:01

Anyone know if Noble has retained his place in the Collingwood team for tomorrow’s game?

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:07

yes he did

derek · 01/08/2020 at 20:09

scharengoat, Wills, Roughy, brown & Bosenavulagi are out

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:26

Good, I got sick of the commentators butchering Bosenavulagi's name every single time lol

MagicGnome97 · 01/08/2020 at 23:15

bosavalugi is how BT always says it haha

redherringfc · 01/08/2020 at 20:13

Ah, ads. they pretty much start right from the first bounce and it’s wall to wall ads.

F*#@& me 16 seconds and we have to watch an ad. i’ve got to start giving my money to that evil tyrant rupert.

redherringfc · 01/08/2020 at 20:18

And i do appreciate the fact that supercoach is run by that said tyrant.

3rd goal of the game, 2 mins of footy, 90 seconds of ads. I might have to start watching league.

Russty_ · 01/08/2020 at 20:24

At least these days you can just get Kayo Herring, don't have to fork out for the full ripoff experience, plenty of other sports to get your money's worth on also.

AuroraBorealis?! · 01/08/2020 at 20:25

I hate having to watch channel 7s broadcasts. I pay money for Kayo, yet i am still subjected to these horseshit ads after every goal. Such BS

AuroraBorealis?! · 01/08/2020 at 20:26

Muting it does nullify its annoyance though

AuroraBorealis?! · 01/08/2020 at 20:58

Went Hurn instead of Stewart because i was scared off by his breakeven. Really it should have been a no-brainer, aging veteran or premium player entering his prime?

KSinny · 01/08/2020 at 22:39

Same 😭

Shake_n_bake · 01/08/2020 at 22:36

Why when Simpson was getting patched up his score gradually went down from 79 to 71 didn’t know the pts you suppose to have earned just slowly goes down

dontblushbaby · 01/08/2020 at 22:45

Yep, Yeo was 94 at 3/4 time, ended up with 88 , gave away 1 free kick on the night , seriously !

Keenbutclueless · 01/08/2020 at 23:00

He was up to 100. Didn’t have any free kicks against, but went down to 85. At the same time, Danger was also doing nothing, but his score went up. Also, Kelly was also on 100. He also went down, but to 94. Didn’t make any sense. Understand that the scoring is subjective, and you should probably move away from the players CD negatively scale, but it is frustrating.

MagicGnome97 · 01/08/2020 at 22:46

makes no sense

Connor · 01/08/2020 at 23:07

Simpson got a bunch of points for his goal (that came off his knee) so maybe just readjusting for that

TBone_23 · 01/08/2020 at 23:00

Geez finally a good game of footy this weekend! Ended up bringing in Duncan with enough in the bank to go Starcevich to T. Stewart this week. Close looks to be a handy rookie as well, reckon he should have some decent JS. How’s everyone’s projections looking so far?

JugHead · 01/08/2020 at 23:27

Projecting 2440 at this stage. Bringing in Dusty helped.
    Agree on Close. The way I see it, he has a different role to Selwood, so I don't think he gets dropped next round to make way.
    He might be more likely to get rested when Gaz is ready to come back.

MagicGnome97 · 01/08/2020 at 23:55

Next weeks trades:

Taylor > Draper
Noble > Stewart

(estimated 30k short of being able to do this)

Budarick > Keane perhaps? Hes a good talent Keane. I can see him playing well enough to keep his spot.

MagicGnome97 · 02/08/2020 at 00:11

projected 2397 this week. not bad considering i have a 0 on field in doedee (and hill and rivers as the subs so yeah)

haynes whitfield greenwood rankine grundy and noble to go.

if i kept the trade for bailey smith and traded doedee to lloyd this week I'd be 103 points better off (lloyd's score minus difference between bailey smith and close's scores) thanks to no 0 on field but I'd have gotten rid of a potential keeper in doedee. not to mention, you never know, bailey smith could've done much better.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 02/08/2020 at 10:28

Bit of a long bow to draw

Doodee as a potential keeper?

NDD · 02/08/2020 at 12:38

Hi Trigg i went with Holt's view ,no more side trading It will cost me 3 leagues to Russty Hawk and Derek as I considered going Stewart for Doedee a week early ,costing me 100 but I get Duncs and Stewart this week leaving me only 4 forward rooks to replace Rankine Georgiadis AARTS Cameron with Worrell, (he will debut soon big lad for Crows) and Buda on the bench, The question you ask , my friend Is Doedee a keeper ??? I would say top ten which does me this year. Best of luck Trigg except in our tangle

Holty01 · 02/08/2020 at 14:11

Exactly Neil. Like your thinking. 1 week of pain means nothing. It’s a marathon, not a sprint. This allows me to bring in 2 premo’s next week. Happy days

KSinny · 02/08/2020 at 11:02

Well 2 stupid mistakes yesterday cost me 135 points, I went Brander to Hurn instead of Stewart and forgot to take the emergency off close so I lost Pickett's score and got Close's. Still projected to get 2307 but could've been much better πŸ™

Derek · 02/08/2020 at 13:59

That is going to happen in this crazy period.

Rushing to do things and missing the simple things like the E or C on players.

I miss calculated and thought I had the cash to go Doedee to Stewart if he didn’t play, but was $500 short, went Brodie Smith instead (good idea I thought with Sloane and Crouch our)

Just need to double check everything

Tiger · 02/08/2020 at 11:08

Thoughts on trading Fyfe. Haven’t traded him out as always had other issues to deal with but was always my intention to trade him. Thinking he’s going to drop around 60/70 k and buy him back in around 3 weeks time at around 570k or buy another durable premo. Playing for league wins so will loose this week and not playing next week so what do you think I should do? Thanks

TOPHAWK1 · 02/08/2020 at 12:48

Hold Fyfe!!! He is playing, and he is an uber premo keeper. If you have had the discipline to hold him all these 3 weeks, why on earth trade him the week he returns. Cheers. TH

JugHead · 02/08/2020 at 13:24

Its frustrating, but personally I'd stick with him. Price drop or not, he is a genuine premo who can pump out a big score anytime.
    He has been named to play today, the week before their bye, so the club must be 110% certain he is fit otherwise they would give him another week off. So you only miss out on getting a score from him next week.

One things for sure, if he gets re-injured today, a week out from their bye……..there will be a mushroom cloud above the Freo medical Dept.

Tiger · 02/08/2020 at 13:45

Thanks for your thoughts top and jug. I normally go with my gut but was really torn as to what to do. I’ll keep him. Cheers.

dontblushbaby · 02/08/2020 at 14:11

Dunkley back for the Dogs tomorrow night , hope this doesn't put Macrae back on the wing?

JugHead · 02/08/2020 at 14:37

I've got two non starters clogging my forward bench. Xerri and Cavarra. One of them has to go.
Daw came in to replace Brown. So I assume he is now definitely ahead of Xerri in the queue for big guys at North.
Cavarra is invisible. Can't remember seeing him listed as an emergency starter all year at the dogs.

Leaning towards hanging onto Xerri, only because I can rotate him with Cameron at R3 who now looks like getting a few games.
Any views on which one should get the chop?

Russty_ · 02/08/2020 at 15:01

Cavarra Jugs, I've had him since day dot too, he played one game and then fell off the face of the Earth..Xerri could get another run, ideally you'd want them both gone.