PODCAST | It’s Time To Improve Our Supercoach Rank(ine)

Published by Lekdog on

All of the value picks of the week are analysed plus Lek and Damo dive into the ‘intriguing’ history of trades between the Carlton Blues and the Fremantle Dockers

10/10 – “This podcast inspired me to boot 3 on debut” – Izak Rankine

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JockReynoldsSC/

Lekdog Twitter: @LekdogSC
Damo Twitter: @DamoSC

What are your moves this week community?

TBone_23 · 15/07/2020 at 19:18

Love your work fellas! Fairly simple double down for me this week. If Brander isn’t named the McPherson and Rankine in for Starcevich and Long. If Brander is named then Simpson and Rankine in for Starcevich and Long. The exciting part will be going Pittonet and C. Taylor up to Gawn and Baz Smith next week! Anyone else really hoping Brander gets named this week? Haha

Lekdog · 15/07/2020 at 19:23

I've traded Brander but for you I hope he is in!

Russty_ · 15/07/2020 at 20:43

Must feel good to be getting rid of Starcevich Tbone after his last 2 garbage scores, with 3 out of 6 crap scores, always good to offload yoyos like that.

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 19:21

Lek. I'm desperate to know your source for Mitch Georgiadis coming in this week. If he is in my fwd bench is saved and i can use my trades elsewhere. Is he really in?

Lekdog · 15/07/2020 at 19:23

I think Blue Abroad said it in their match preview. I'll try and find a source.

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 19:43

Watched his match preview from a day ago. No mention. I'm really hoping he plays because he was actually on my chopping block this week

Russty_ · 15/07/2020 at 20:25

I tried looking on the P.A website Jess in the 'in the mix rd 7' article and all it says is that a whole bunch of guys including Georgiades are trying to break into the squad.

Bells · 16/07/2020 at 11:25

It's a sure thing. I traded him for Aarts last week.

Binga · 15/07/2020 at 20:20

My thoughts for this week Starcevich to McPherson and Brown to Rankine via DPP?

Cheers Binga

Ralph · 15/07/2020 at 21:06

Have traded Rowell to Simpson and will be trading Bailey Williams (defence, non playing, spud move by me) to McPherson later pending team selections. This will leave me $534k in the bank for a double upgrade next week. Looking at Grundy VC into Steele C and hopefully a decent score after the absolute sh*tshow on the weekend. Good luck to everyone for the round, much love xx

Russty_ · 15/07/2020 at 21:27

Are you passing on Rankine Ralph or do you already have him?

Ralph · 16/07/2020 at 11:21

Nah I've had him on my forward bench since the start Russty, fielded him last week as well instead of Budarick and I was extremely pleased with his services

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 21:20

We need a full analysis of what these condensed matches mean. I'm lost. Are Essendon and Melbourne players now a lock? Do we need extra bench cover,?

cogs94 · 16/07/2020 at 08:04

Loading up on Essendon and Melbourne players does seem like a smart move. I would try and avoid players with a history of soft tissue injuries though – no doubt both clubs will be forced to rest a decent number of players throughout the period.

Hopefully more details on the fixture are released soon, and SC lets us know what they are planning.

I'm with you though Jess – of all the years for me to be pushing for a top finish… Rough times

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 21:27

Is this the end for Supercoach this year? I can see ridiculously unfair advantages/disadvantages to the point that the game is somewhat irrelevant. My sympathy to those that run SC, because I csnt see a fair outcome from this point

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 21:31

Im torn between upgrading to as many guns as i can in the hopes that it will be top 18ish on field, and with wanting to downgrade to rookies for bench "deepness"

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 21:32

This is not what you want when ranked highly, thats for sure

Jess · 15/07/2020 at 21:33

Anew podcast with some answers is needed

Russty_ · 15/07/2020 at 22:00

Not sure what it'll mean for Supercoach this season Jess but with impromptu 'byes' to come etc it doesn't look good, 19 straight days of Footy is unprecedented, if I had to guess, I'd say warm bodies would be the priority if Supercoach still exists at that point…rookies will get discarded more easily if they didn't perform the week before.
    Not sure how the Supercoach admin deal with this but it won't be easy for them to make it fair across the board.

I am going · 15/07/2020 at 22:15

most rookies will score your 30-40 then get dropped Reckon I will cop the doughnuts and try to keep building. Best 18 looks the go if s/c changes

Mitch is back · 15/07/2020 at 22:37

Best top 18 will be the way to go.

Every team will have a bye over the next 8 rounds, I would think at least 4 rounds out of the next 8 where top 18 scores will count.

Derek · 15/07/2020 at 23:17

Rounds 9 to 12 (4 rounds) will have 6 teams getting a bye, meaning there will be probably 3 rounds with 2 teams resting and 1 round with 4 teams rested.

Best 18 was used when Essendon and Melbourne game was postponed, but that was fair enough as no one could have planned for that.

We will see the draw early and plan for it, meaning best 18 will allow For a bit of team stacking.

Melbourne and Essendon won’t have a bye

The other 10 teams will have byes between round 13 to 17 (5 rounds).

The obvious idea would be 2 teams have a bye each round from round 9 onward, except for one week when 4 teams miss.

Best 18 seems the obvious idea

Means a bigger bench and the need for only 4 premium defenders and forwards, as well as 2 rucks and 8 midfielders would be obvious set up.

Means we might only be 2 or 3 away from full premium.

Derek · 15/07/2020 at 23:24

It will be like other years.

Players who have just had their bye will be the trade target for the week.

The early bye teams will be very interesting

Mitch is back · 15/07/2020 at 23:27

There will be 18 rounds, and my feeling is rounds 17 & 18 will not contain byes, as they want all teams to have an even draw coming into the finals.

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 00:07

I just read that as well

NDD · 15/07/2020 at 23:04

If there are byes then warm bodies will be necessary one would think

Mitch is back · 15/07/2020 at 23:12

But you’ll only need 18 of them during the bye rounds.

Remembering of course that Melb & Ess have already had their bye

Billioux · 15/07/2020 at 23:14

The % work is out the window, Fallen premo's/rookies/ value bye bye.It goes form forming an accurate 115% market on the 5th at HQ to buying a 17 stratchies from Mr Lotto. Gotta factor in too many unknowns.

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 00:10

When the China game was played (2 teams had bye the following week) it wasn’t best 18 then

Maybe best 18 only when there are 4 or more teams with bye, which might be 2 or 3 rounds only

Jess · 16/07/2020 at 08:02

Hope they make some decisions soon so we can plan accordingly

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 10:39

If they make it best 18 from round 9 to 16 that is a serious game changer, will allow teams to get 18 Uber premiums without needing to generate much more cash.

If it remains best 22 except for a few rounds when more than 2 teams have a bye, the strategy around what premiums to get and when will be quite a challenge.

Bells · 16/07/2020 at 11:27

$700 short for Haynes.
So is Ridley going to keep scoring, or should I pick Mills – who should at least see heaps of the ball in the Swans defense?

KSinny · 16/07/2020 at 11:33

Okay so I'm thinking of painting the fence this week, gonna get rid of my biggest mistake of the year (Tom lynch) and bring in Rankine. Then I either wanna get rid of Curtis Taylor or Budarick (who is on my mid bench) if I get rid of Taylor I have 561k to spend and am looking at Bailey Smith but thinking I can wait till next week to get him. Is is worth getting Brayshaw before he goes up or just get someone like simpkin?

Shake n bake · 16/07/2020 at 11:41

Ceglar out for those that have him

Choppers · 16/07/2020 at 13:02

On the money again, Shake. well done

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 14:19

Omitted or injured?

Holty01 · 16/07/2020 at 14:58

Broken toe

Ralph · 16/07/2020 at 11:49

With the Eagles being back home for the next few weeks (at this stage), could we be looking at Hurn as a sub $450k premo if his scores return to that 90+ range? Could be good value as a double upgrade along with Bailey Smith next week

Shake n bake · 16/07/2020 at 12:27

Heard Gould will play this week 🤔

NDD · 16/07/2020 at 12:54

Not sure he is going to be as relevant as some other rookies though shake

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 14:20

Already have him. Has been kind enough to be my def loophole

hedski · 16/07/2020 at 13:20

Fyfe out

BrownlowBoy · 16/07/2020 at 13:22

That hurts. Think I'll be holding.

David C · 16/07/2020 at 13:39

"a few weeks" doesn't sound good. I don't have him but I think I'd be trading him if I did.

MagicGnome97 · 16/07/2020 at 14:00

bloody hell. after holding him that week he missed and enduring his 84 last weekend as he played half the game up forward on his return…and they said a few weeks too…but i already had rankine and simpson pencilled in this week as trade ins…

Derek · 16/07/2020 at 14:21

Not happy, but I could see it coming. I’ll be bringing back Oliver. Melb already had their ‘bye’

cogs94 · 16/07/2020 at 15:28

Ned Cahill (FWD/MID) debuting for the Dons this week. Could be a downgrade target next week for those of us going one up/one down. Not sure about job security – with Stringer out for a while and Fantasia down back he should keep his spot if he performs though. Was rotating through the midfield and kicked a bag of 5 in the dons/pies scratch match last week.

Lekdog · 16/07/2020 at 17:39

We are #LIVE talking all things #supercoach on Twitch. Come and join in the fun: https://www.twitch.tv/lekdoggames

hedski · 16/07/2020 at 19:37

Reverse trades, Noble is a late in!!!

NDD · 16/07/2020 at 19:59

good luck Dion think you got this one

hedski · 16/07/2020 at 20:39

Tough start, hopefully opens up a bit now.
      Carn cattas

NDD · 16/07/2020 at 19:57

Starscevic spared now. thanks coxy

hedski · 16/07/2020 at 20:40

I went Starc to Simpson, Brander to Rankine.

Bells · 16/07/2020 at 21:38

Did anyone tell Simpson the game was on tonight?

Russty_ · 17/07/2020 at 00:15

That goal he was gifted got him going.