Captains Call – Round 4

Published by Barron Von Crow on

Greetings all, the Barron is back on the old stomping grounds of Captains this week with Damo currently unavailable, the work falling to me because we assign work in the priority of ladder positions here at Jock Reynolds. So as a Crows fan that means I am completely SOL this year! (Lek deserves a break to be fair) We’re again hit with a Thursday night game, the Swans take on the Bulldogs, and we can only hope that we do not receive anymore cancelled games.

THURSDAY
Josh Dunkley is OUUUUTTTAAAA HERE thanks to his somewhere in the foot bone injury, so that may leave your options limited to Jack Macrae and Marcus Bontempelli.

Macrae produced a score of 133 last week, with a score of 132 last time he played the Swans while The Bont scored 97 last week (with a season average so far of 89.0 SCPoints), but has scores of 158 and 140 in his last 3 games against the Swans. You’re only picking your VC here, a flier on Macrae could be on the cards, but that leads us to…

FRIDAY
We are lining up with a GWS vs Collingwood game here, with Brody Grundy as the obvious man here. He scored 103 last week, but his season average is 132.3 SCPoints and he has scores of 157 and 139 in his last two games against GWS.

If we go a bit further, we can also look at scores against Sam Jacobs this year, with Darcy Fort producing a score of 94 in Round 1, Todd Goldstein scores 164 in Round 2 and Tim English had 120 in Round 3. Lock in that VC here, folks.

SATURDAY
A big 4 games here, with Port Adelaide vs West Coast at 1:15pm, St Kilda vs Richmond at 4:05pm and then Essendon vs Carlton and Gold Coast vs Fremantle in the evening.

Travis Boak is the man to watch in the Port game, he scored 159 SCPoints last week, is averaging 132 for the year, though his last two scores against the Eagles are 95. Hard to pass up his current form however, if you don’t have Grundy he’s a fantastic VC choice.

The Saints/Tigers game doesn’t have anything that immediately piques an interest, while you have the old reliable in Patrick Cripps VS Essendon in the first evening game. He had 123 SCPoints last week, though his recent form against the Dons isn’t great, with scores of 89 and 111 SCPoints.

If you’re feeling super game, Marc Pittonet is an option, he’s tearing it up with a season average currently at 135.5 SCPoints.

The Dockers/Suns game is a super interesting one with the Nat Fyfe vs Matt Rowell battle, Rowell scored 141 SCPoints last week with a season average of 130.7 SCPoints, while Fyfe had a big score of 166 SCPoints last week, with scores of 124, 150 and 140 in his last 3 VS the Suns. My guts tell me to back Fyfe in this one.

SUNDAY
Sunday will bring us Brisbane vs Adelaide, Melbourne vs Geelong and Hawthorn vs North Melbourne.

The one who is sticking out like dogs balls here is Lachie Neale vs the Crap Crows. Neale currently has a season average of 164.7 SCPoints with a score of 148 SCPoints in his last game vs Adelaide. The Crows will try sending someone like Ben Keays to tag him, don’t think it’s gonna work. That’s a rock solid Captains choice if there ever was one.

Max Gawn is another quality Captain choice, we obviously didn’t get a score from him last week, but his season average is at 138.5 SCPoints, with scores of 116 and 139 in his last two VS Geelong. Patrick Dangerfield has unfortunately not been the player he was in the past so far this year, with a season average of 86.3 SCPoints, but he does have a score of 154 SCPoints in his last game against Melbourne.

In the Hawks/Roos matchup we potentially have two choice here, with Todd Goldstein and Jy Simpkin both in the top 10 scorers so far this year. Goldy hasn’t been super great in his last 3 vs Hawthorn with scores of 114, 118 and 77, but his lowest score so far this year has been 136, so he’s looking like he’s in some career best form.

Simpkin is averaging 125 SCPoints for the year, he has scores of 131 and 140 this year, which would both be quality Captains results, but no real past form to back up his credentials given this is his breakout year. A risk for sure and one I would only use as a last resort.

That’s it for me here, but I will be back tomorrow to see how the trade winds are smelling. For now, let us know below in the comments section who you’re picking as your VC/C this week!

Jorg Ancrath · 24/06/2020 at 18:12

I want Neale. Might have to offload Titch.

Kangaz · 24/06/2020 at 19:30

I already swapped Titch to neale this week

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 22:54

Titch ain't the pig no more, he's more like an angry birds pig.

NoLanguage96 · 25/06/2020 at 22:59

Neale a must have! So pumped I started with him

JohnDJ59 · 24/06/2020 at 18:31

I'm looking at either Fyfe VC and Neale C or Neale VC and Gawn C.

TREV · 25/06/2020 at 19:59

YES john me too Neale into gawn

Jorg Ancrath · 24/06/2020 at 19:02

Naismith in, nice.

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 20:27

And Sinclair and Mclean…all together.

Jorg Ancrath · 24/06/2020 at 20:35

Yea that's odd. Seems a recipe for disaster. Surely Naismith is in there to ruck.

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 20:43

I think so, but he might get a bit of extra relief this week with 2 backups.
        He has to be the number 1 now though.

Shake n bake · 24/06/2020 at 19:03

Vc Grundy won’t need a capt.

TOPHAWK1 · 24/06/2020 at 20:02

Great minds think alike!

TREV · 25/06/2020 at 20:04

Disagree with you both I am actually trading Grundy out as I mentioned earlier Shake. I can't work the system out yet but the gods like Pitto even though his possession count is half Grundy's Grundy back in 6 weeks.

Maverick_ · 25/06/2020 at 20:14

Plums of steel Trev.
        I made a similar move last season with ROB.

John · 24/06/2020 at 19:06

Neale VC into Gawn, just adding the tiniest of segues here but check out “Bazlenka” in your SC search engines, I’m guessing he’s giving himself plenty of opportunities to bring home the 50k!

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 20:27

What is that some kind of hack?…does this guy have 50 different email addresses?

John · 25/06/2020 at 04:13

I’m guessing so Russty, maybe all his/her teams are full of Ess/Dees players waiting for the double up round! Or it might be completely innocent and it’s a large group who’ve just used the same team name 🤷‍♂️

Kangaz · 24/06/2020 at 19:29

Neale or Gawn as captain. So difficult

TOPHAWK1 · 24/06/2020 at 20:01

I am backing Grundy in as VC this week. He will tear Jacobs a new one on Friday night. Welcome! TH

TBone_23 · 24/06/2020 at 20:08

Grundy into Neale seems pretty simple this week. Looking to shift Houston and Long this week but also not liking seeing Jacobs in my R2 position every time I open the app. Got 170k itb so gonna find it tough to go both players up. Any suggestions?

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 21:02

Hey Tbone, I punted Houston last week and Long this week so I'd punt the one worth more maybe, Houston will probs lose more than Long this week if they both continue on their shiteing ways.
    Jacobs will probs get owned by Grundy this week and score 50 and Pitt goes up at least another 80k this week, so I'd say get him in now!

Derek · 24/06/2020 at 22:31

Wines in the guts, no room for Houston.

Although Port have had 3 easy games, ball hasn’t been in defence much. Maybe next few harder games Houston will see more of it.

Either way, he isn’t getting in the guts while Boak, Rocky and Wines are there.

I’m punting Jacobs for Pittionet.

That will give me cash to go Houston to Dusty (who I traded to Fyfe last week), Heeney, or maybe Simpkin but I think he is too expensive now.

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 22:47

Yeah reckon Pittonet has to come in this week, and Jacobs has to go, you could probs afford to wait a week on Heeney, but I think he's a top 6, that's why I got him in early.

TBone_23 · 24/06/2020 at 23:25

That’s a great point Derek. And I love the Jacobs to Pittonet trade, think I’m gonna have to do the same one myself.

Heeney is tempting but I reckon Simpkin is the choice there mate, doesn’t matter how much he’s gone up, a bloke under 500k scoring like that is a bargain in my book!

derek · 25/06/2020 at 09:19

Simpkin is a good call and still good value. I just think for the extra $40k you can get to Dusty or Heeney.

Simpkin for under $400k was a bargain, near $500k maybe not.

He has started the year on fire, but i've seen it before. he could be the new Dunkley, but he might be a Stanton.

derek · 25/06/2020 at 09:37

Whitfield will be $450k in a couple of weeks. can get him instead of Simpkin

Shake n bake · 25/06/2020 at 09:27

Maybe 2 downgrades for me this week Jakobs and Houston gone Pittionet and Doodee in for me

NoLanguage96 · 25/06/2020 at 23:02

Doing the same trade Derek gotta boot Jacobs for Pittonet absolute no brainer. I'd get Simpkin in too over the others IMO, good POD and the kid is getting pole position in the North midfield with all the attention going to Higgins and Cunners

TBone_23 · 24/06/2020 at 23:22

It’ll feel so good to punt both of those blokes out but it’s probably best to trade the one worth more you’re right. Only issue I see with that is that I love the look of Simpkin and can only get him in if I trade out Long. Houston has more money to lose this week… hmm decisions

ST1974 · 24/06/2020 at 20:44

Going with Neale as Captain and can't decide between Grundy and Fyfe as VC. Also, who should I put the E on out of McInerney and Pickett.
Looking to trade out either Noble and Sturt but only have $14k in the bank.

Thoughts?

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 20:57

Pickett could possibly be in danger of getting dropped this week, McInerney is named on the interchange, Noble out you could go for Williamson maybe and make yourself 100k

ST1974 · 25/06/2020 at 04:35

Thanks Russty. I could also go Zerk Thatcher to Williamson or Hamill and leave Noble on the bench. I ask see that Jacobs to Pinonett is a popular trade. Is that one I should be considering this week or should I wait till I have enough cash to upgrade Jacobs to Goldy or Hawn.

ST1974 · 25/06/2020 at 04:37

Sorry, Gawn. Hollywood reference unintended!!. Bloody auto correct!

Russty_ · 25/06/2020 at 21:59

Definitely now mate…Jacobs dropped Mumford in, Pitto in.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 24/06/2020 at 21:41

Where is the Wiley ol demon?
Haven't seen him around for a few days.
NDD I have proposed a trade.
I need a mid you need a ruckman.
I have the hottest ruckman in the game up for trade.
Can you have a look and accept or reject?

Max gawn 3 votes with Antonio as coach I have also proposed a trade for pittonet. If you get in before NDD he is yours.

That way can know if i can get as deal done with the bunnies.

Gotta love trading in a draft during the season..

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 22:53

He's kind of around mate…never far away.

TBone_23 · 24/06/2020 at 23:20

Appreciate the offer but I think I’ll keep Haynes Trigga 😉

derek · 25/06/2020 at 09:14

does that mean no deal with the bunnies

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 09:40

Will give the demon till lunch if no answer will set up trade with bunnies b4 tonight's game.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 13:08

Time has come and gone

We r on bunnies
      Millsy on the table. 😁

Derek · 25/06/2020 at 13:51

You know my weakness

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 14:50

Bugger.
          I thought the trade was instant but looks like there is an embargo for 24 hours.
          So as Mills plays tonight I guess I get his score this round and trade goes through end of rd 4?

derek · 25/06/2020 at 16:48

i'm not sure the trade will go ahead or not. might have to redo on Monday. i guess we'll find out

NDD · 25/06/2020 at 21:33

Here Trig sorry i couldn't get back i would have rejected it anyway got English Sudden family crisis and can't get to QLD bloody covid no mercy. NDD

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 22:32

Doing the math on trades…I'm one who's used 9 already, 5, 2 and 2 = 9 including this week's trades. (9 trades in 4 rounds)
That's 21 trades left with 9 weeks and 4 weeks of finals to come.
So if I used 2 trades per week for the next 9 weeks until the 1st week of finals, I'll still have 3 trades to use in the finals. (rounds 14 to 17).
So we really don't have to be that careful, we can just do what we want really, maybe miss one week and have 5 trades for finals.
It's the getting to max premos that is the challenge, it's tempting to do too many sideways trades when they're not limited, so you end up fielding too many rookies and midpricers.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 24/06/2020 at 22:45

Yep bit like fantasy this year

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 22:52

Except fantasy screws ya constantly with it's weekly price changes, I feel like a non stop juggler playing that crap lol.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 24/06/2020 at 22:55

Yeah don't play that anymore either but the two trades per week similar set up this year.

Russty_ · 24/06/2020 at 23:01

I still play it but I don't really care about it like Supercoach.

Choppers · 25/06/2020 at 13:31

I also will have 21 after this round….This round, think I'll go Sturt to Bennell and Noble to Sicily (leaves121K)and only one trade next round unless there's injuries afoot.

JohnDJ59 · 27/06/2020 at 18:05

The best thing about is if one of our players are injured, we can just trade him out, instead of having to put him on the bench.

The Jinx · 24/06/2020 at 23:35

Going with Grundy(VC) in to Neale(C) the only option I have with my team atm.

Also, what your thoughts on these trades
Noble to Martin, Petrecca or Simpkin
Sturt to Bennell

And no I'm not thinking about the double points😁 needed to strengthen my FWD been playing with 3 to 4 Rookies in the past two Rounds

FWD will look like this after the trade
Whitfield, Petrecca, Ceglar
Smith, Taylor, Budarick
King, Davis

Would appreciate your thoughts guys.

Thanks
The Jinx

The Jinx · 24/06/2020 at 23:43

I can afford any top FWD, but I want to have at least 50k in the kitty for another upgrade when the rookies are ready for culling.

derek · 25/06/2020 at 10:40

Petracca is cheaper than Simpkin now.

The Jinx · 25/06/2020 at 11:23

Leaning towards tracca, will leave me 98K in the kitty for an upgrade later. Hoping it will be traccas year(keeper) will save me a trade.

Choppers · 25/06/2020 at 13:34

I like those trades Jinx. I'm also moving Noble and Sturt on.

Swans2012 · 25/06/2020 at 00:50

Grundy into Neale this week for me
Having a fairly average start but have been doing some successful downgrades last couple of weeks which resulted in 500k in bank (Jacobs to pittonet last week, and dunkley to Simpkin a couple back my personal favorites). So this week it’s Houston and sturt to omeara and Weller. I like them both this year. Weller feels like that swallow breakout way back whenever, attending center bounces, playing guts and has been building for a couple years now. And it’s now or never for omeara, has talent, has fitness, will his body hold up? I dunno but if he stands up not much competition for Top end mid points at hawks, I think this is his year…. thoughts? This leaves me 100k or so to solve next weeks problems….

derek · 25/06/2020 at 09:28

there are a lot of good players in that $500k price tag. O'Mera doesn't standout from the crowd for me. When there are Crouch x2, Yeo, TKelly, Ward, Selwood, Rocky, Viney…. so many to choose from. $80k more and you get Titch.

I'm on the look out for fallen premiums in that price range. JOM was never a premium.

Swans2912 · 25/06/2020 at 10:29

Ah but you just wait Derek, I’m expecting him to average more than titch this year. He’s never been a premium but his body hasn’t allowed, its looking to me like it will this year.

And really your list of burnmen doesn’t inspire any confidence, the crouch’s are on my never again list especially now that Adelaide are shot, Tim kelly Maybe but his new home doesn’t seem to suit, ward hasn’t shown enough and seems past his prime, sellwood Maybe but I’m expecting a drop off there to last years numbers, And surely rocky is even on your never again list, my fingers are burning from even typing his name. That leaves yeo, whose not setting the world on fire, and whose yo yo ing cost me a league last year, and viney who won’t be a keeper but I’ve already got.

I think JOM has plenty of upside, but I’ve thought this before😀! Good center bounce stats, clearances and all the stuff that seems to be scoring this year! Anyway thanks for the input, hope the bunnies are tracking along!

Please tell me your not considering rocky?

derek · 25/06/2020 at 11:47

havn't really considered any midfielders who arn't uber. Petracca and Wingard in forward line is about as mid-price as i can go.

no Rocky this year

nat fyfe · 25/06/2020 at 09:18

trade nic nat to pitto ?
would leave me with 24 trades

derek · 25/06/2020 at 16:49

nicNat was on 98 at half time. Not sure what happened in the second half

steve · 25/06/2020 at 09:19

best mid to bring in this week under 600k?
is it worth trading danger or tim kelly or do we stick with them?

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 09:51

Hi Steve, I reckon Marcus Bontempelli is starting to look like excellent value at $560K. His BE sits at 129 this week which he could get close to. I think his price is starting to level out. The fact that Dunkley is out for the next couple of months makes his upside look very attractive. Cheers Steve. TH

Choppers · 25/06/2020 at 13:41

I'm looking to bring in Bont in a few rounds time, after the Nth game. With Dunkley out, I think Hewitt (Syd) will go to him or Macrae, so might not score to well and it gives Bewley 2 more rounds to fatten. Hopefully still be around the 540k-560K mark.

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 20:53

Get on the Bont now Choppers! Why wait? LOL

NDD · 25/06/2020 at 22:24

Thought the same TH that's why i kept him .160 thank you

Shake n bake · 25/06/2020 at 09:56

Mckay won’t play against ess

Nick · 25/06/2020 at 10:28

No love for Macrae for VC tonight?

Choppers · 25/06/2020 at 13:42

Not from me, with Hewitt like to tag him or Bont.

The Ranger · 25/06/2020 at 14:00

Maybe. Tossing up between Grundy and Macrae for the VC.
    You'd think Macrae might pick up a few extra points with Dunks being out but Grundy v Sauce has demolition written all over it.

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 20:54

Nope. Copped the Hewitt tag. I knew it.

Maverick_ · 25/06/2020 at 10:33

Got two parts here

1) Naismith is back but named with 2 other rucks… Is he going to be a late withdrawal?

I used Cameron as R2 last week, never again! Do I trade Naismith too pittonet?
I know I’m a week late but had other priorities last weekend

2) Dunkley too simpkin or Bailey Smith?
Does Dunkley being out help Baileys role?
I will eventually swing them into my fwd line they look to be certain top 4-6 forwards.

derek · 25/06/2020 at 10:58

Naismith to Pitt seems a waste

Dunkley to another Uber. Who don't you have. Macrea will get a boost with Dunkley out. Libba will be in guts more, maybe Mclean gets more midtime.

The Jinx · 25/06/2020 at 11:40

Had Cameron as my R2 last week as well, luckily he's score didn't count. I have Naismith I'm giving him one chance this week see how he goes with Sinclair in the team. So tempting to get Pitonett ain't it!? But I see Naismith making heaps of Cash if he remains #1 Ruck.

Goodluck with your decision mate.

derek · 25/06/2020 at 12:49

i passed on Pittonet last week with my eye on Naismith this week. Thought Jacobs could do ok against English.

Naismith has English this week was making him a no-brainer… until Sinclair was named.

Maverick_ · 25/06/2020 at 12:58

I think I'll be watching the final teams closely if Naismith is out I can swing ceglar too R2 via Cameron. Very handy DPP set those two..

I don't have Neale Fyfe or MacRae Derek I thought I'd start Bont Cripps danger Dunkley and Oliver and it's not worked out very well for me. Neale's out of reach Fyfe or Macrae both options but looking for value I guess.

Sharky · 25/06/2020 at 13:29

Same – I'm tossing up whether to bring in Pittonet or Naismith. Its 50/50 at this stage for me – what do you guys reckon?

Maverick_ · 25/06/2020 at 17:52

Pitt if ya don't have either… Lone ruckman

The Jinx · 25/06/2020 at 19:35

Making me twice now wether I should or not move him. He's named up forward. But but says keep him for now until he's made some cash.

I think I'll be watching behind the couch tonight and hope he'll score ok this week.

The Jinx · 25/06/2020 at 19:40

I've put Naismith in the bench with the big E on him. Cameron in R2. If Naismith doesn't score well, I'll swing Ceglar in the Ruck.

Problem solve😁for now.

DavidC · 25/06/2020 at 11:52

Rules for the postponed game when it is played:

"your team will receive the benefit of the HIGHEST of the two scores that any player achieves from either match. If your selected player/s plays only once, you will receive that score."

Seems a lot better than counting both scores. Less incentive for people to load up on Melb/Ess players too.

King Max · 25/06/2020 at 12:09

Wow, owners of Ess and Dees Players getting totally screwed over this.
    All received zeros for round 3 and their pay pack is, best score out of the two games? Thanks in advance.
    Teams without those players last week are laughing with their overall ranking now.

I see plenty of dead teams in leagues in weeks to come.

Big Maxy · 25/06/2020 at 12:38

Can you imagine leading overall points by say 300 points in the last round and it happens again.
    And you have 3, 4 or 5 players ruled out unable to score and best 18 rule is applied again. You lose top spot to this rule. Imagine the uproar then…..
    But that must happen now, a precedent has been set.
    They had to make a hard decision on the run last weekend and they made the wrong one.

Choppers · 25/06/2020 at 13:47

I had Oliver Viney McGrath Petracca Smith and Rivers and went from 41 overall to 484…..not happy Jan!
      Onwards and upwards…..

AsiF · 26/06/2020 at 17:38

LOL with those 6 onfield I don't believe you were ranked 41 and even if you were ranked 41 after 2 rounds you would have slid just as much if they played

NDD · 26/06/2020 at 16:58

Giant of the game.

RIP

derek · 25/06/2020 at 12:51

"Pay the price"

legend

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 13:13

Makes you wonder if Josh will play tonight?

Probably not but knowing the determination and mettle of the family wouldn't surprise.

If he does he will likely own the contest spurred on by this one's for you dad.

Wouldn't want to be wearing a doggies jumper!

derek · 25/06/2020 at 14:24

there will be 22 fellas wearing gold and brown this sunday might be trying a bit harder

Pman · 25/06/2020 at 17:32

I'd be more shocked if he didn't play.

JEL · 25/06/2020 at 14:52

Current trade thoughts are:
Noble > Simpkin
Jacobs > Xerri

Any other low cost Ruc options worth looking at besides Xerri?

The Jinx · 25/06/2020 at 16:21

I'm looking at my team, not feeling it. But I've noticed I really only need 7 Rookies to upgrade to a premium(Keeper) with 22 trades left after this week and 13 games to go. I think I can afford to trade almost every week after the Rookies have fatten up maybe around Round 6 or 7.

Premiums
Neale, Grundy, Fyfe, Cripps, Titch, Bont
Laird, Sicily, Howe, Doc, Whitfield

Keepers
Petracca, Ceglar, Smith and Rowell(This kid is a Gun you'll be mad not having him until the end of the season)

Just Sharing with ya fellas, there's a possibilities we can still have full Premos/Keepers this year.

The Jinx

FearTheBeard · 25/06/2020 at 16:28

Anyone else going Whitfield to Fyfe? Crazy to pull that move just to avoid the cash dump and get Fyfe in?

Move Noble for Doedee instead? He was crap first game, then good score last week but will they do that week in week out or revert back to round 1 crap scores?

FearTheBeard · 25/06/2020 at 18:05

Gee thanks 😐

TelescopicCox · 25/06/2020 at 16:31

Torn between Tracca & Simpkin for Dunkley. Leaning to Petracca at this stage

derek · 25/06/2020 at 16:59

i haven't watched a kangaroos game this year so i can't comment on Simpkin. I assume he is getting plenty of midfield time.

Cunnington got the Dutchmen's tag in round 2 and was a late out round 3, was Simpkin the biggest beneficiary of this? Will it continue?

i saw Petracca play round 2. he did look very good. him Oliver and Viney are the core midfield no question

Connor · 25/06/2020 at 17:39

Long-time dees supporter here…
    Tracca's role looks soo good this year (appears to actually be first choice mid now) but I still think he will drop the odd stinker. I have watched all North's games this year and Simpkin is playing pure mid and dominating

I got Simpkin last week over Petracca before best 18 change!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 17:43

Watched the swans north game
    Simpkin was in everything and he d/e was exceptional hardly wastes a disposal, doesnt panic and makes the right choice.

Tracca was on fire early against the blues and just muscled his way through first half. 2nd half a lot quieter as manned up. Kicked the winning goal.

The third muscateer is smith who got the dogs off to a flyer and was probably bog 1st half.

So don't think you can really go wrong with any. Will be a choice I will be making next week but gonna grab bennell this week while still cheap.

Time for a Harley ride …..

Pman · 25/06/2020 at 17:37

Grundy into Neale for VC and Capt although if I had non playing bench players for Sunday I'd go Neale into Fyfe.

A more pressing problem for me is what to do with Danger? He is massively under performing and losing big time cash and are considering a sideways trade to either Boak or Gaff.

What is everyone else doing with Danger? Hoping he'll get back to his old high scoring ways or moving him on, and if so who to?

Connor · 25/06/2020 at 17:40

Footywire not showing them for some reason, so can anyone tell me these B/E's?
Petracca
Boak
Gaff

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 25/06/2020 at 17:48

Tracca 37
    Boak 81
    Gaff 96

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 18:31

No Bennell. WTF!!! No Whitfield. He is will be punted by Tophawk. Double upgrade coming up. Sam Jacobs owners will be spewing.

Billioux · 25/06/2020 at 18:41

Harley omittted..Odd?

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 19:05

Bloody spewing! I want answers from the Melbourne football club and Neil. Maybe NDD has been laying low because he knew this was going to happeN. LOL

NDD · 25/06/2020 at 21:36

Just managing him TH no problems can now loop macca works well

derek · 25/06/2020 at 18:41

i'm glad Jacobs isn't playing, it would have gotten very ugly this week

TBone_23 · 25/06/2020 at 18:55

Nah Whitfield playing, he’s listed on field. Wasn’t out last week so isn’t listed as coming in or out of team. Could still be a late out though! Looks like Jacobs to Pitt is the easy trade though

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 19:03

Yep. My bad. Whitfield is playing.

Billioux · 25/06/2020 at 19:00

Whitfield in.

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 19:03

Sorry. My error. Whitfield has been named.

Billioux · 25/06/2020 at 19:13

No worries, you had me scrambling there for a bit,

Lach · 25/06/2020 at 19:04

Who can replace dunkley
Petracca Bailey Smith or jy simpkin?
Can dpp I think to make petracca work
Not long to decide

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 20:56

Bontempelli? Sorry. My bad.

Lach · 25/06/2020 at 22:09

Got him already.

TOPHAWK1 · 26/06/2020 at 08:27

Nice Lach! Cudos for holding him!!

TOPHAWK1 · 25/06/2020 at 20:37

The Bont is back! He is flying tonight. Welcome!

NDD · 25/06/2020 at 21:37

Glad I kept him S/c loves him

NoLanguage96 · 25/06/2020 at 23:09

Huge ceiling on the bloke. Can't believe people traded him out lol

TOPHAWK1 · 26/06/2020 at 08:29

Yep, held him without blinking an eyelid. I knew he would come good when I watched him last week. He is a nice POD for us now.

NoLanguage96 · 26/06/2020 at 11:48

100%

NoLanguage96 · 25/06/2020 at 23:06

Which rookie to punt for Sturt? Only have 130k in the bank so can't upgrade unfortunately. Thinking S Hill but probably worth watching him for a game as he's made of glass

TOPHAWK1 · 26/06/2020 at 08:31

Maybe go early on Xerri if he makes the cut. He has very good wraps on him. Hill= danger FRAGILE!

NoLanguage96 · 26/06/2020 at 11:48

Yeah he's a good kid, not sure about his JS though when Larkey comes back

NDD · 26/06/2020 at 11:58

It's a massive call today to dump the comps best player GRUNDY but i am doing just that, temporarily anyway GRUNDY and Sturt for PITTO and CEGLAR Interesting my projected remains 2208/. The other option was Long and Noble for them and zero cash and 5 weeks of cow fattening to get Petracca and Caleb I can now get TRACCA and CALEB DANIEL next week. as against 5 weeks time Also leaves me 200k to get GRUNDY back. for PITTO Gives me 400 pts against the difference between GRUNDY and PITTO Even allowing for a 40 pts diff. it still netts me 200 minimum .league wins. and saves a trade on Tracca . 1 TRADE 200 PTS LEAGUE WINS. and a damm decent back up to Gawn and Ceglar. Gawn will be rested after the Double game Weideman is being touted as the player coming in. Am I on a winner or just plain crazy Shake I think I know your view but still comment Thanks fellas. NDD

holty01 · 26/06/2020 at 13:32

Most seasons I’d say ur crazy Neil but this is no ordinary season. Ceglar should be a keeper and Pittonet will generate cash as quickly as a rookie at present. I’m considering the same thing with Grundy.

Kanga · 26/06/2020 at 15:28

i came on here to ask about the same trade. Grundy out and Pitto in. I can go noble to Simpkin but think a cash grab over the next few rounds is better.

Nigel K · 26/06/2020 at 19:06

i cant do Grundy to Pitto. I tried!!! just cant push the button

ST1974 · 27/06/2020 at 11:00

Is anyone else taking Grundys score or should I stick with Neale as Captain.