Jock Reynolds Evolution League WRAP: Round 8

Published by Damo on

I suppose you’re all wondering how your JREL team went on Sunday?

We’ll get to that, but first, I want to thank Punt Life. Go grab yourself a new thread for your wardrobe.

Geelong hosted Gold Coast in the first game in a tight, high scoring affair. Geelong clinched the win in the final minutes with a late goal, but Gold Coast didn’t go away to their credit.

Popular captain’s pick Jarrod Witts posted a respectable 68 score, but it was Touk Miller and Mitch Duncan who flew the flag for their respective sides with scores of 81 and 88. Mitch Duncan came away with 11 disposal, all kicks, and 3 goals. Touk Miller finished up with 7 disposals, 8 tackles and a goal.

The second game for the night, St Kilda and West Coast at Marvel, was a blowout. West Coast disposed of the Saints very easily, and as a result, most of their defenders failed to score for our teams. Shannon Hurn went statless for the night, not a single stat recorded. Elliot Yeo top-scored for the Eagles with a 97 thanks to 8 disposals and 11 tackles, while Jack Darling continued his dominance in this format finishing with 95.

Rowan Marshall and Jack Steele marched in for the Saints with scores of 103 and 115, respectively. Popular defensive pick Jake Carlisle could only muster up a score of 30, only tallying up 4 disposals.

The final game of the night was the most exciting one of the night, Dockers hosted the Hawks at home. It was all Hawthorn early on the scoreboard but then Fremantle came from behind to win in a nailbiter.

It was the ruckmen’s night with Rory Lobb the top scorer for Fremantle with 16 hitouts to go with 3 disposals, finishing on 86. Jonathon Ceglar the top scorer for Hawthorn with 8 disposals, 7 marks and a goal to finish on 97.

CLICK HERE to see how your team went.
CLICK HERE to see the Leaderboard for Round 8.

Thanks for playing, Community! We’ll see you on Friday when we continue with Round 9.

Kdog · 28/04/2020 at 13:27

Hi guys, my round 8 score appears to be missing somehow! Was my team not in the spreadsheet? Someone may have accidentally wrote over it… Need me to send you the screenshot of my team?

Russty_ · 28/04/2020 at 15:45

I thought it might've been the team named "blank" but their total is now 1400 odd.
    Wonder if someone did that to you?…highly unusual for someone to write over your whole team unless it was on purpose?

Russty_ · 29/04/2020 at 16:10

Hi Trev, yeah I'm already not comfortable with the amount of Rookies I have, happy to have Grundy and Jacobs but Naismith would've been the real moneysaving choice instead of Jacobs.
      Noticed some guys took the punt on English and it didn't pay off first round but he might be ok?..not really convinced on Viney and Howe yet mate, too up and down I reckon…glad I avoided getting Roberton and Starcevich also, those 2 really dudded out in the first round but could come good I guess who knows ay?
      I just hope SC does indeed come back!….was my best starting round ever and then that happened lol

Derek · 29/04/2020 at 23:44

English got Grundy round 1 and wasn’t up to it.

English will do better than what he showed round 1, has Carlton next will help.

I also got Sauce, very happy with round 1, but big Max waits him in round 2

Russty_ · 30/04/2020 at 17:11

Hi Derek!…hope your business survived the pandemic mate?..yeah English could easily average 100 ish this season I reckon, if there is a season.

Russty_ · 30/04/2020 at 17:13

Yeah I might just do that Trev as Naismith will be a great cash cow even at his price, even if I never have to use him, felt nice to get a good start for a change Trev, it's essential really to have a high finish and I haven't done that very often in the past, so much depends on the starting squad and minimizing errors.

JR_Damo · 28/04/2020 at 16:17

Send the screenshot to us over twitter if you can? If not, inbox it to our Facebook page. I'll get someone to fix it for you.

JR_Damo · 28/04/2020 at 17:17

We found your team, Trev. Didn't populate into the leaderboard for some reason. Having a look now.