BUMPER PRE-MARSH SERIES PODCAST | Bulldogs, Hawks, Port & Swans Supercoach Preview

Published by Lekdog on

It’s a race to the Marsh Series and the boys go bang with four huge team previews!

Port Adelaide, Western Bulldogs, Sydney and Hawthorn are all covered.

5/10 – “I wasn’t invited to the trip away but I’m not mad about it” – Barron Von Crow

Website: https://www.jockreynolds.com.au/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JockReynoldsSC/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jockreynoldssc/

Lekdog Twitter: @LekdogSC
Damo Twitter: @DamoSC
Patch Twitter: @PatchToTheMax

COREYSC · 18/02/2020 at 22:01

Final Draft before the Marsh Community Series, three mid pricers and a returning premium from a year out headlines the side
Defenders
Sicily, Houston, Docherty, Roberton, Gould, Rivers (Bianco, Towey)
Midfielders
Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Dangerfield, Oliver, Rowell, Pickett, Mead (Sharp, Hibberd, North)
Rucks
Grundy, Gawn (Conroy)
Forwards
Whitfield, D.Martin, Steven, D.Smith, S.Hill, Rankine (Mahony, Budarick)

Obviously subject to change over the next couple of weekends but initial thoughts would be appreciated, Some low priced rookies hopefully they produce! otherwise a re-shuffle will occur and Roberton will be pushed down to Hayden Young, strengthening rookie mids

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 08:39

Seeing a bit of Rivers being selected. DPP and price appealing obviously but is there some info I have missed that suggests that he will debut early? Injuries at Melbourne are getting some mention but they all appear relatively minor and shouldn’t affect round 1, so where do we see Rivers getting a round one debut.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 09:02

Think you are in trouble with your rookies.

Sicily and Houston could go well but both are risky imo.

Good to see you could fit both smith and steven. Im jealous of that

COREYSC · 19/02/2020 at 18:01

Yeah I had to pick some lesser priced rookies to fit Roberton and Docherty in and fit Steven and D.Smith if any of those three fail to impress in the JLT then I can go for more established rookies if the smaller ones don’t produce.

Derek · 19/02/2020 at 11:18

NDD said he was a gun. Good enough for me.

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 15:49

No major defensive injuries at MFC Tibor. Joel Smith has a niggle but has done preseason as a forward like Petty. Ruck and forward are the problem Have no fear about Rivers ,he is a jet. melbourne's best recruit this year in front of Jackson Kozzy and Harley. NDD

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 20:36

This is the point i was trying to make elsewhere.

Gound and rivers as d5 and 6 means, as well as two bench backups, means no need to fork out the money for Young, who is at a higher price and in comparison has to score quite a bit higher to make cash. I'm backing in others to do just as well and effectively make more money. Many people may very well be caught sitting Young on the bench. He could also score a few 40s (it happens) and actually go down in price. I'll take my money and move more towards g&r in this case.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 20:37

I suspect a lot of people will agree with me after the marsh series is over

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 20:52

couldn't agree more jess and we still have brander and starsevic

Russty_ · 19/02/2020 at 21:01

Agree with you Jess, always better to have a lower priced rookie than a higher priced one, but the trade off with the higher price of Young is, he's a guaranteed starter and apparently a great kick and distributor…so could easily keep his spot.
          I think you called him Henry in another thread, that's why we didn't know who you meant.
          I reckon Gould, Rivers, Starcevich, or Mclennan could be as good as Young..not sure if Bianco will play.

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 21:01

Thanks NDD. I’ll put him in. Also good to hear about Joel Smith, I’d like to see him get a bit of continual run at it…

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 21:03

What’s the Ruck issue is Gawn worse than they are letting on

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 21:25

he will be ok no problems

TOPHAWK1 · 19/02/2020 at 21:10

Hi Neil. I accidentally deleted your invite to join your league. I have signed up to 9 leagues, so I can still join yours. Can you resend me your invite or let me know your league code mate? Cheers. TH

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 21:26

checked and you are in there

TOPHAWK1 · 19/02/2020 at 21:44

Not sure what happened there Neil. All good. I am in. Have Trent Rivers (Rook) and Clayton Oliver (Uber premo) in my starting line up tonight for round one. I reckon these are the two go to guys for Melbourne FC this year. What is happening with Aaron Vandenberg? How is he coming on? Cheers mate. TH

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 21:58

done his leg again

TOPHAWK1 · 21/02/2020 at 18:58

Poor bloke is made out of balsa wood. Thanks NND

NDD · 21/02/2020 at 20:01

minor TH playing in a marsh game

Scotty · 18/02/2020 at 22:38

Williams, Sicily, Houston, Hill, Young, Kennerley (Idun, Goddard)

Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Whitfield, Oliver, Rowell, Serong, Pickett (Caldwell, Cockatoo, Cahill)

Grundy, Marshall (Cameron)

Martin, Dawson, Smith, Scott, Bonar, King (Flanders, Skinner)

The Ranger · 19/02/2020 at 10:29

This on the AFL website today in an article about West Coasts game v Essendon in the Marsh series..

Ruckman Nic Naitanui, meanwhile, will play limited minutes.
"Nic will be probably what you've seen over the last few years when he's been available," Vozzo said.
"His game time is lower than the rest of our crew, so he will be on a similar program, this year and probably through the rest of his career."

Bugger. His PPM is so good! I was hoping he might get more time on the field this year.

Derek · 19/02/2020 at 11:20

Put s line through him

Russty_ · 19/02/2020 at 12:26

Cheers Ranger, that's a shame…guess someone looking for a decent discount Ruckman now could turn to English or ROB, both should improve this year I think.

Derek · 19/02/2020 at 14:04

Sauce is $350k

Lekdog · 19/02/2020 at 14:46

Won't play every game though, suspect Mummy will get some time

derek · 19/02/2020 at 16:00

the Sauce move would be if you thought Gawn might start slow and drop a few dollars. Sauce has a few good scores, jumps up $100k, Max drops a $100k, switcharoo.

with Sauce in your team, you turns a Rookie into Docherty, a Rowell into a Coniglio or a Motlop into a Whitfield

The Ranger · 19/02/2020 at 16:52

In a very early version of my team I had Sauce and English.
            I'd like to give it a go just for giggles but…..

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 21:05

Spot on with Sauce to Max I’m hoping Derek…

Lekdog · 19/02/2020 at 14:45

Bugger, gotta redo my team again

BundyBear · 25/02/2020 at 01:46

Thats the 5th time today

Derek · 19/02/2020 at 11:24

I was watching Will Gould’s highlight package last night. Swans have a ready made good footballer there.

Very similar role that Mills has been playing.

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 14:55

Hey Derek are you or the lad still connected to the swans? The one i am super keen on as a breakout is Rowbottom,any thoughs on him . Watched countless tapes of his junior days ,tac and school and this kid can seriously play.Reminds me of Bont a lot but better disposal

derek · 19/02/2020 at 15:25

no connection anymore. he still has a run with Sydney uni but loves his cricket too much.

No info, sorry

NDD · 19/02/2020 at 15:42

Thanks Derek Dawson remains the key to me unleashing Rowbottom but to get both Dawson has to become a keeper and falls agonisingly short ,maybe that's what supercoach is about. Dawson's last 9 games yielded one poor game for an average of 95, more than enough for a forward spot. I have doubts on my present final F6. (Ablett). as it is.

derek · 19/02/2020 at 15:48

I like dawson. I also will be watching Lipinski closely. might be a decent selection

EndoftheWorld · 21/02/2020 at 19:09

Looks like a tank atm. Breakout contender. Risky at the price though.

derek · 19/02/2020 at 15:11

JR SURVIVOR GROUPS

This is the Ultimate test of supercoach skill.

Outsuper, Outcoach, Outlast.

Rules are pretty much same as last year:

We will start with groups of 22 (number of groups will depend on popularity. We will start with 5 groups and see how it goes, we can add more groups later)

To start the season nice and easy, no-one is eliminated in Week 1, however, The team with the highest score from each group in Week 1 will have the IMMUNITY NECKLACE for Week 2 and therefore can not be eliminated in week 2.

This will continue each week, the team with the highest score for the week in their group will have immunity the following week.

In Week 2, the team with the lowest score for that week (and that week only, nothing to do with overall score or rank, just the one week's score) will be eliminated from the group. Fire snuffed out, gone! Unless that team has immunity. If that is the case, the team with the second lowest score will be eliminated.

In the case of a tie, the team with the lowest overall rank of the tied teams will be eliminated.

The same will happen in Week 3, the lowest score for that week will be eliminated (unless they have immunity)

Week 4 to Week 11 we step it up. TWO teams will be eliminated each week until there is 4 teams left in each group.

We don't play during the byes. This is to much of a big deal to be stuffed up with bye rounds.

After Week 14, the surviving teams from the divisions, will go into the Champion of Champions Group, and battle it out to find out who will be the ULTIMATE SURVIVOR.

Same rules will apply in the Champion of Champions Group (exact details will depend on the final numbers)

HOW TO JOIN?

I have set up a number of "JR Survivor Divisions" in GROUPS.

Not to be confused with LEAGUES (which i'm sure most people have already filled to their max 10)

JR Survivor Division 1 – FULL

JR Survivor Division 2 – 929079

JR Survivor Division 3 – 254091

JR Survivor Division 4 – 627425

JR Survivor Division 5 – FULL

You can join any group, but you can only join ONE.

If i see anyone in more than one group, they will be eliminated from all the groups they are in.

IF there is already 22 people in the group, DON'T JOIN IT, join the next group. Once these initial groups are filled, i will add more groups if needed.

Anyone who was involved last year will know how it all works, and hopefully had some fun.

Let me know if there are any questions.

thanks Fellas.

Exatekk · 20/02/2020 at 10:00

Joined Div 3. Cheers!

Therealsharkmove · 19/02/2020 at 18:02

The time has come again Ladies & Gentlemen!!! It's the eve of the Pre Season Cup and that means the one you've all been waiting for….. The Sharkmove of the year reveal!!!

You all know how it works, I give you a clue and allow the first answer. If it's wrong, you have to wait for the next clue. But, there's a twist this year. That's right, this year for the first time I will allow a second guess but only someone from Jocks inner circle. So, Lekdog, Patch Damo or the man with the sexiest name in the country Van Barron Crow are allowed a second crack. If Jock returns I'll let him have 10 guesses! Hell, I'd even let Wayno have 5 and let him out this player in his hot tips segment!

Let's get to it! The first guess is a huge one, it's gonna knock out 80% of the field straight off the bat!

Clue #1: I'm a South Australian, but I don't play for a South Australian club.
Good luck!

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 20:17

No idea – there are many such players.

Anywho, i was actually happy to see 'the shark move guy' back this year, but i have no idea why.

Might skip on it this year. Good to hear from you though sharko 🙂

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 20:21

Ps. Thought you would have gone with a ceglar type this year, but he is a vic boy

Holty01 · 19/02/2020 at 20:52

I really doubt you are talking about Jacobs. Fair chance it could be one of the Gold Coast lads. But I’ll throw it out there and say Wingard.

Therealsharkmove · 19/02/2020 at 21:10

Good guess Holty but it's not Wingard. I can't say yes or no to Jacobs as you didn't pick him though.

Second clue:
      I had a position change during 2019 which has given me a very handy DPP.

Kym · 19/02/2020 at 22:27

Shane edwards

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 22:29

Jordan Dawson.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 22:31

If he is your player, the problem is he will be swung fwd at some stage, so he is a no.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 22:32

And the other problem is that F3 options are a plenty, and I'd rather pick the cheaper smith

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 22:33

Like i said, i'll pass thanks shark

Derek · 20/02/2020 at 09:33

I just love the name Dawson is still part of the SuperCoach discussion

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 22:35

Jack lukosius

Tibor · 19/02/2020 at 22:36

Also I don’t reckon Wingard is a wrong answer

Therealsharkmove · 19/02/2020 at 22:58

I'm gonna have to take the first answer which was Shane Edwards. I can confirm it's not Shane Edwards.
      Third clue: I've never played a final in my career

Lekdog · 21/02/2020 at 10:21

Has to be Jordan Dawson?

Therealsharkmove · 21/02/2020 at 15:04

It's not Jordan Dawson Lekdog, but with the next clue I can reveal I am a VERY high draft pick.

Tibor · 21/02/2020 at 15:36

So not Lukosius then

Therealsharkmove · 21/02/2020 at 20:49

Lukosius is………..
              The Sharkmove 2020!!!!
              Sorry Tibor, I couldn't accept the guess before, as per rules I could only accept the first guess for each clue.
              This time it was though!

Losing a few key defenders last year seen him switch to defence, but he was forced to play a little too accountable. Hopefully, with some defenders returning he can play a more intercept role.
              Mark my words, this kid is gonna be a star! Maybe I've gone 1 year to early, but he's in my team!

Holty01 · 19/02/2020 at 19:45

Pre season starts tomorrow. Bloody excited.🥳

Russty_ · 19/02/2020 at 20:13

Hell yeah mate can't wait!..Hey Holty do you wanna join the JR Megaleague?

Holty01 · 19/02/2020 at 20:23

Yeah mate. Still have a few leagues left ican join

KeenButClueless · 19/02/2020 at 20:37

Me too! Then I look at the teams and so little to be excited about. One new rookie I can see – Greaves – know nothing about him. I am presuming with Hardwick on the bench and Sicily not playing that he’s a longshot for best 22. Anyone I miss? Keeping eyes on Ceglar, Titch and maybe Clark. Any other players people are looking at in the first game?

Holty01 · 19/02/2020 at 20:47

Titch is a obvious one for me but I’m really keen to see where Wingard will play. Rumours are he will spend most of the year in the midfield.

KeenButClueless · 19/02/2020 at 21:39

Forgot about King! He’s been so fixed to my forward bench that he has the proverbial splinters.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 22:53

What i want to know is who do people rate higher.

Williams or Sicily?

All things being equal (cash being no issue), who do people prefer?

If i downgrade Williams to Sicily, I gain about 40k. However, and with williams training in the midfield group, I cant find a very good use for that extra Cash. So im leaning towards Williams, as he could average 105no problems. Thought of them both please?

JohnDJ59 · 19/02/2020 at 23:54

I've had either Williams or Lloyd as my D1 since my first draft, I have never considered Sicily even though I think he is good value, I prefer to start safe and then pick up the players in form as upgrades. What you do with the cash gained is also important, if you can't find any use for it like you said, I would go for Williams. However if someone needs that cash to upgrade to a better rookie or premo, then I can understand them going with Sicily.

The Ranger · 20/02/2020 at 09:44

There's always the concern that Sicily might chin someone and be out for weeks Jess. He's a bit volatile.
    I'll be watching Williams in the Marsh series, someone has to take the wing role that Tomlinson has vacated.

Therealsharkmove · 20/02/2020 at 09:45

Both are great picks and I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say both will be top6 defenders.

For Sicily, I believe so much weren't wrong last year and he still averaged 93. Spent time forward and then later on played key defender due to injuries. If like to think Hawthorn have addressed those problems with Patton & Frost recruitment. 2 years ago he averaged 105~ when there kickins weren't counted as kicks. Gunston injury is a slight concern though.

Williams doesn't need to play midfield to average 100+, he can do just fine across halfback. He jump on average in the second half of last year was more to do with his body coming good.

FWIW i have Sicily and not Williams which is probably only down to the lesser price, which you stated wasn't an issue for you

Derek · 20/02/2020 at 13:41

Williams just a bit expensive to start with.

Sicily is my D3, but I’m going to be watching Houston close

hedski · 20/02/2020 at 17:37

Williams is expensive but you have Sic at D3?
        Lloyd and Daniel D1&2?
        Maybe Hurn?

Derek · 20/02/2020 at 22:38

Right now it is Lloyd, Laird and Sic plus rookies

Houston is a big watch and might find him at F3

Holty01 · 20/02/2020 at 16:53

Sicily for me Jess. Played out of position a few times last year which hurt his average. The same for Williams but was a benefit for him. Don’t see Williams getting the midfield time this year and don’t see Sicily playing forward. Sicily is locked in my team.

hedski · 20/02/2020 at 17:35

They are my D1&2 as it stands but I may drop one of them to Roberton post Marsh series and bang in an M6 premo.

Jess · 19/02/2020 at 23:02

You dont have to be here friend. These people are providing a service that is dearly loved by many. The advice is as good as ever, so if you are hurt by any of it i suggest leaving the site and or the internet in general. Sorry that you are a butthurt and ungrateful wuss, but good luck to you

Russty_ · 19/02/2020 at 23:42

Your should be YOU'RE, adds should be ADS and you're generally not very good at punctuation, there's some feedback for you.

NDD · 20/02/2020 at 07:56

who was it that used bad grammar a while back hhmm

Jeff · 20/02/2020 at 11:54

I running a SC Draft league. $20 entry, winner takes all. Have 4 spots free. Send me an email if you’re keen to join [email protected]

Derek · 20/02/2020 at 13:42

I’m in

hedski · 20/02/2020 at 17:39

If the f#@+in app will let me enter draft in the next few days I'll have a crack unless you fill up Jeff.

JamesT · 20/02/2020 at 13:18

Thoughts please!!!! 82K in the bank:

B: Laird, Sicily, Houston, Docherty, Hill, Gould (McLennan, Rivers)

M: Fyfe, Cripps, Mitchell, Bont, Kelly, Rowell, Pickett, Robertson (Collier-Dawkins, Bianco, Mcginness)

Ruck: Gawn, Jacobs (Cameron)

F: Whitfield, Martin, Steven, D.Smith, Georgiades, Rankine (King, Close)

dontblushbaby · 20/02/2020 at 13:39

Like Collier – Dawkins, if he was at most clubs last year he would debuted, Dimma gave him a big wrap this week, but sadly unless there are injuries I cant see him playing Round 1

I have also have Jacobs ,but that could change

Derek · 20/02/2020 at 13:48

This is what a team can look like with Jacobe instead of Max

JamesT · 20/02/2020 at 14:47

Or both 😉

derek · 20/02/2020 at 15:14

i see. No Grundy. bold.

KeenButClueless · 20/02/2020 at 14:00

A slightly random thought.

If you are looking for a rookie that might not be named Round 1, but is a good chance to come in later, then I would consider Bytel from StKilda. The saints have their first 6 rounds as Sunday games, so extremely useful for loopholing.

This might be useful if you can find an R3 who might play – like a Cameron. There are a few others that might emerge, like De Koning or Xerri who are also rough chance forward roles. Maybe even Sweet if English continues to have concussion issues, or Meek if Darcy doesn’t recover.

It also depends on how you feel about your bench mid rookies. For me, some of the best early options – McHenry, Mead, Bytel and even Robertson have had an interruption preseason. I am sure more will emerge, but if you are unconvinced on their cash generation compared to an active R3, then this might be an option

derek · 20/02/2020 at 15:18

Good thoughting

The only thing i'm careful of each year are rookies who get a game because of an injury to a best 22 player and we know that player will be back very soon.

Otherwise, if they play round 1, they are in. make cash.

There are a few rookies under injury cloud. Mead, Hibberd, Valante, Bianco, Cockatoo that may miss round 1, but won't be far away.

Jess · 20/02/2020 at 19:15

90 seconds into marsh match and chill,and sicily option isnt looking so good due to McEvoy injury

dontblushbaby · 20/02/2020 at 19:44

Ceglar ?

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 20:15

He had Ice on the side of his leg not the back so they said it was probably a corky not a Hammy.

Jess · 20/02/2020 at 20:28

Will greaves get games?
      Looking pretty afl ready and doing some good things. 46sc at half time, but dont know where he could fit in the team.

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 20:38

Not sure Jess, don't really know anything about him but I'll be doing some research

Jess · 20/02/2020 at 20:41

Fanfooty long. The sc scores are updated each quarter

hedski · 20/02/2020 at 19:49

God damn it's good to have some footy to watch!!

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 20:17

Yes mate!…I signed up for Kayo yesterday, not as convenient as Foxtel but still does the job, loving watching Footy again! 🙂

Captain_Risky · 20/02/2020 at 22:10

Same, signed up yesterday as well. Don't mind it, cheaper and I can pause it to refill !

Whitey · 20/02/2020 at 20:27

Where can we get stats for the game? AFL site has a 'coming soon' for the game stats. Whats that all about? How ridiculous.

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 20:39

Fanfooty Whitey..live SC scores

Whitey · 20/02/2020 at 20:42

Cheers

Jess · 20/02/2020 at 20:30

Just got abused on twitter.
Apparently girls arent able to like supercoach..

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 20:38

Hope you told em where to go Jess, all are welcome here as long as they're not complete tools

gator59 · 20/02/2020 at 21:16

That's BS Jess Women are always welcome here on the JR page

Chompers · 20/02/2020 at 21:21

That’s twitter for you, so many keyboard warriors. Always welcome here Jess!

JohnDJ59 · 20/02/2020 at 22:19

I'm on twitter, the ones I follow are all pretty good, what's your Twitter name, I would be interested in your opinions, mine is JohnDJ59

Lekdog · 21/02/2020 at 10:21

We love having you on board Jess

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 21/02/2020 at 21:05

Twitter for twits.

JR for supercoaches. Always welcome Jess.

Chompers · 20/02/2020 at 21:19

Mitchell looking a bit rusty but still hawks best up to 3qt.

Wasn’t going to start him this year, but he’s such a ball magnet it feels silly not to.

Ja191 · 20/02/2020 at 21:32

Hey guys, footys back how good! Titch looking like his old magnet self will take a few games to fully get back into it

Captain_Risky · 20/02/2020 at 22:17

89 points from 61% gametime.. wow

gator59 · 20/02/2020 at 21:57

Marshall 117 SC points.. But the one to look out for is Hunter Clark 98 SC well worth considering

johnno2908 · 20/02/2020 at 21:58

Clark looking very good.

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 22:57

Both looked very good Gat ,especially Marshall, and the Saints won wahoo, little Butler looked pretty busy in the fwd line too, I liked some of the things Brad Hill did, although he didn't get rewarded for them SC-wise, he'll still be good for the team.
    Marshall was great even with Ryder pinch hitting.

Bill · 21/02/2020 at 10:27

Roberton has a corked knee at the moment, he will play rd1.

gator59 · 21/02/2020 at 11:01

Actually the team played as a team should Russty ..They hunted in packs and then spread run and carry looked ok for the first hit out.. Surely not are we going to fall into the trap with Membrey with a lazy 164 SC points

NDD · 20/02/2020 at 21:59

Ceglar now comes into it 26 HO against Marshall is a top effort Both. may come in

Russty_ · 20/02/2020 at 22:59

I'd wanna know first if the big-boy at chb thing isn't just an experiment first, but yeah he did pretty well.
    Wanna see what Ladhams looks like also.

Derek · 21/02/2020 at 08:45

He has always been a decent ruckman and gets a lot of hit outs because of his height. He is a few inches tall than most ruckman running around.

My feeling is the Hawks are experimenting with their forward line of Lewis/Patton and Ceglar in Ruck. I’m not sure Lewis is up to it yet and it depends how long they give him to develop, and of course Patton could go down any time.

My best guess it will be business as usual when the season starts, Big Boy in ruck. Lewis, Patton and Ceglar all forward with Gunston roaming around the ground.

As a hawks fan, I’m pretty happy having Patton in the team, plenty of upside

Chompers · 20/02/2020 at 22:37

R2 is risky enough but spending that much money on a bloke to have him on your bench is crazy

johnno2908 · 20/02/2020 at 22:48

Sorry meant F3. Not sure how I wrote that haha.

Russty_ · 21/02/2020 at 01:55

LOL, that is pretty funny…they must have a self editing policy over there and then he chose not to do it …always proofread before publishing!

Jorg Ancrath · 21/02/2020 at 07:47

TMitch has me in a quandary. Was never in my early plans due to injury uncertainty, but seeing him out there motoring up a score off feck all TOG has me second guessing. If he pulls out a 150 rd there could be a lot of cursing.

NDD · 21/02/2020 at 15:38

young and danger for mine but Danger isn't in my team nor will be. i see at least 8 better . sorry mate i dont like either

EndoftheWorld · 21/02/2020 at 19:25

Great podcast fellas. Lots of info to digest indeed.

Just a warning on Florent. His good scores come when he is played close to the ruck. Seems to be getting quite good the inside mid role – has gotten stronger and can use his pace to good effect.
Unfortunately he is just as likely to play an outside or high wingish role – and he is terrible at finding the footy during those stints.
With JPK, Parker, Hewett and now Rowbottom all looking good for mid time Florent is too big a risk despite the upside.
Rowbottom on the other hand…

Oh and Gould reportedly still working on building a tank – possibly not there yet as a round one selection from what I read on BF. Could be a downgrade option with Rampe, Mills and Dawson in that role ahead of him.

dontblushbaby · 21/02/2020 at 20:10

Thanks Endo for Swans info , do you think Mills will play much in the Mids this year ?

EndoftheWorld · 23/02/2020 at 06:50

Haha – nuh. I mean it's possible, but certainly not worth that gamble unless he spent the entire preseason there – and word is he isn't doing that. He's too good at his current role and there are just better options if you throw Florent, Rowbottom and possibly Chad into the midfield mix. Gray and Papley also will do stints.

NDD · 21/02/2020 at 19:53

Good to see Joel Smith and Aaron Vanders over their recent niggles and set to play Both deserve a bit of luck

TOPHAWK1 · 22/02/2020 at 11:06

Marcus Bontempelli………195 SC last night in a lame Marsh series match against the Kangas. Even so, his performance was simply magnificient. There are 3 dog midfielders in the mix for two spots in my side. Macrae, Dunkley, and the Bont. Before last night I was looking to run with Macrae, and Dunkley. This morning its looking like Macrae and Bontempelli. We have a serious conundrum folks! Surely you cant run with all three!! What are others contemplating?

Russty_ · 22/02/2020 at 16:09

Hey TH, thinking the same thing, more so cause I had Macrae locked in from day 1, but Bont being made el capitano this year I'm thinking he will not only raise his game to a new high but also spend less time in the forward line, he's such a great hard ball getter and precision kick,as well as fierce tackler, he's a must have for me, Bont over Dunkley easy.

Derek · 22/02/2020 at 17:45

It’s still; Macrae #1, Bont #2 and Dunkley #3

Bont obviously cared and had something to prove. MaCrae was in first gear and still scored 120

TommyC99 · 24/02/2020 at 19:06

All 3 are very tantalising options but currently only rocking Macrae. There’s still the slight question mark over Dunks role and Bont tends to have a poor game every year In which he becomes real cheap. No guarantees that happens again though.
    4 of their first 5 at Etihad is enticing so I am very open to starting a second!

Shaun · 22/02/2020 at 21:36

Love your work fellas but you gotta do something about Patch's audio. It sounds like he's trapped in a drain pipe and I can barely hear a thing he says without cranking the volume waaaaay up… Which makes your psy audio bite even more jarring.

Bitdefender · 24/02/2020 at 00:30

Nice post.

Russty_ · 24/02/2020 at 02:05

That's what she said.

Jess · 24/02/2020 at 22:01

Have come to the conclusion that Midpricers only get you so far, and despite the hype on some players, I don't see a whole lot of midprice value this year. I've opted back towards a pretty guns and rookies approach. Please rate my team with any comments.

Lloyd, Daniel, Docherty, Starcevich, Gould, Rivers (ling, Greaves)

Macrae, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Rowell, Pickett, Valente (Philp, Collier-Dawkins, Robertson)

GG (Conroy)

Whitfield, Dusty, Smith, Bonar, Hill, Rankine (King, Budarick)

Was originally off Lloyd but are happy to spend the cash which would just be spent on a more expensive rookie anyway. Should still be close to the top defender even if he drops. Have to back Daniel as he has been my POD all year and think he has some improvement left.

Gun midfield with five who i think can all average around 120 if im lucky.

G&G a given

Whit and Dusty are givens. Smith a value pick and don't need much from him. Not worth the 100k + extra for a petracca/greenwood type, so a small bit of value here can help me get the premiums elsewhere. Wasn't keen on Bonar and still arent sure, but if he can average close to 70 as a fwd he would be a legend. Hill at F5 because i dont trust any FWD rookies.

Have I spent too much on my premiums?
Do i need more Midprice gambles or higher priced rookies?
Should i be picking up some more "good valued" premiums in order to slip that one more gun into my side?

Thanks to anyone that replies x

TeamPatton · 24/02/2020 at 22:29

I like your team Jess.
    I'll have to review mine!

Jess · 24/02/2020 at 22:41

I just think that people place too much importance on expensive rookies. We will find the cheap ones like we do every year. If a rookie is going to score 10 ppg more than others thats ok because they wont be in our side all year – hell, some are only in our side for like 5 weeks. Im happy with my keepers and thats all that matters – congrats to the coach that can squeeze an extra one in.

TeamPatton · 24/02/2020 at 23:10

Sounds all good
        I'm in a very small minority but I'm not sold on Docherty. 2 years out of footy is a big chunk of time?

JohnDJ59 · 25/02/2020 at 01:10

Hi Jess, I really can't argue against what you have put up here, it is the same structure that I started out with and I keep going back to. I think you pick the best premos you can afford, not really into the value premiums, though I do have Oliver at M5 as my value pick. I have now just started to sway a bit in my fwd line. Looking at a mid priced player like Petracca or Rozee in place of Dusty at F2, to free up some cash, I was looking at going Gawn to Marshall, but couldn't bring myself to do it. My only high priced rookies are in the midfield, I think three should be the maximum for that type of rookie. I have Rowell, Stephens and Serong.

Russty_ · 25/02/2020 at 02:40

I think with the way the present rookie situation is, starting 8 rookies on field could be a bridge too far, I've gone with a Gawn-less team at the moment and have been able to keep my starting Rooks down to 5 with most virtually guaranteed to start.
    No way is the wrong way at this stage, and your team is as good as any right now, gotta trust your gut feelings and go with it if you think it'll work for ya.

The Ranger · 25/02/2020 at 09:49

Looks pretty good to me Jess. I'm still toying with a mid-price madness team that I'll post later but I think I'm more than likely going to end up with a similar structure to yours.

TeamPatton · 24/02/2020 at 22:26

Long time Jock fan first time subscriber.

Any comments on below most appreciated,

BACKS Lloyd, Laird, Sicily, Roberton, Starcevich, McLellan (Rivers, Gould)
CENTRES Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Pendles, Cunnington, Rowell, Valente, Pickett (McHenry, Sharp, Mead)
RUCKS Grundy, Gawn (Conroy)
FORWARDS Whitfield, Dusty, Wingard, Hill, Sturt, Rankine (IKing, Close)

Cheers. $22,500 left

Jess · 24/02/2020 at 22:52

I like it all except pendles. The "new wave" of premos has come in and we have to get on board. Pendles sadly isn't going upwards from his 105 average -he will probs play more defence too. I like your PODs otherwise. Cunnington is a gamble as he seemed to decline late last year. He is a bull though and if NM improve he will be up there. If laird and sicily were to return to form.. my god would they be value. Worth keeping in mind that its a gamble though. Dont think Wingard will ever average over 100. Not sure how much he is worth, but somewhere between a Smith/steven and petracca would be a good upgrade. Greenwood also in the convo.
    Anyway, your team is a great example of what i was mentioning above, in that you have got about one more keeper than i do. I am genuinely scared of such teams, as they have the ability to knock me out of the park.

Overall, if Laird and Sicily return to form, you win.

TeamPatton · 24/02/2020 at 23:05

True to all your comments above.
      Sicily and Wingard probably show I'm a Hawk?
      With the emergence of a couple of talls and if Patton can stay fit then Sicily will stay back where he is SC relevant.
      Wingard finished the year off well and has done a preseason. If at season end he's my F6 then that will be OK hopefully.
      Similarly with Pendles and Cunnington ro finish M7 and M8, Points of difference with less danger than a number of others?
      Think Laird might see a lot of footy in Crows team rebuilding too?

Lekdog · 25/02/2020 at 09:33

Pendles is the only guy I don't love, if you find a bit more spare change you'll be able to turnhim into Clayton oliver

The Ranger · 25/02/2020 at 11:01

I have a couple of different teams in mind at the moment, here's the half GnR, half mid-price version.
Someone talk me out of it please.

Daniel, Houston, Doc + rookies
Macrae, Neale, Bont, Oliver, T.Kelly, Rowell + rookies
Grawndy + loophole
Dawson, Petracca, Wingard, Smith, Rowbottom, Rankine + rookies

JohnDJ59 · 25/02/2020 at 15:05

I don't mind it, after having virtually a GnR structure I've started to look at something similar, My defence is about the same, with Laird, Houston, Clark, Hill, rookies, mids: Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Bont, Oliver, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett. Ruck is currently Grawndy, but I'm also looking at Marshall and O'Brien for the R2 spot and I've gone all out mid priced madness in the fwd line with Petracca, Rozee, Ceglar, D.Smth, C.Jones, Rankine.

The Ranger · 25/02/2020 at 15:54

I've always gone with a straight GnR set up before John so I don't really know to plan or operate this kind of team.
      I'm just bored of getting 30's and 40's from my fwd line rookies
      I think Daniel, Houston and Doc could well be top 8/10 defenders so I'm not too concerned there but that fwd line scares me.
      I'd be aiming for 2 or 3 of them to be keepers and the others stepping stones.

JohnDJ59 · 25/02/2020 at 17:07

Hi Ranger, with my GnR side I had 9 rookies on field and then I was worried there wouldn't be enough come round one to be able to do that. I had what I hoped would be 13 keepers in that side, but also the 9 rookies. I have now turned that into maybe 11 keepers, 5 stepping stones and 6 rookies. I won't know which way I will go until closer to round one, I might even end up with something in between.

khan · 29/02/2020 at 02:12

all software keys download her!