SuperCoach Questionnaire

Published by Damo on

A few of us here at the JR Community have answered some questions regarding our own teams and SuperCoach in general. Here are the results:

PATCH

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Hugh Greenwood, mainly on account of the club he plays for.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Worth every cent.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Scott Lycett. Will be picked if Gawn falters but can’t do it if Grawndy get up

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
The ruck line. GOTTEM! HA! *air horn noises* Ask me two days out from round one?

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Timothy Kelly

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
Doedee or Roberton. Neither is there at the moment but I want them. I want them at D3.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
About 30k.

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Grundy, Macrae, Whitfield

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Chadley Wingard. “But he’s training exclusively with the midfie-“NO. Do not @ me about him.

DAMO

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Connor Rozee at F3

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Not sure. There are arguments for and against him. I think Walsh has made people think twice before brushing him aside.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Dylan Shiel had a really good first season at the Bombers especially the first half. If he can maintain it for the entire season he could be very serviceable, and underpriced, to start the season.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
I feel we could be short across the board, to be honest. More likely just the forward line though.

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Elliot Yeo

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
My F3 is still very undecided. A strong performance in the Marsh series could decide who I lock-in.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?

$80,300

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Lachie Neale

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Tom Doedee. With Keath gone and Hartigan injured, he’ll be asked to lock down more. McAsey more likely to roll off than Doedee is.

FOZDADDY

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Dan Houston at this stage, his selection has been based purely on rumours of him playing midfield, but I guess we’ll see in the marsh series.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
I didnt have Walsh last year, and I regretted it all season. I’m taking Rowell and sticking with him, so fingers crossed he can earn me some cash.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Andrew Brayshaw. Damo has been pumping the kid’s tires for weeks, and he’s flirted with me for a lot of the preseason, but he’s not in my team for now.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?

Ruck is the obvious answer, but out of the three main lines probably forward line. There’s gonna be plenty of Noah Balta-esque scores in the forward line.

Who is your M5 at the moment?

Clayton Oliver, it was Josh Dunkley for a while but I downgraded Nat Fyfe to spare some cash.

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
I want to see how Hugh McCluggage and Jordan Dawson go. Both are young jets who are capable of playing consistent midfield minutes, but I need some confirmation of selections.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?

$800 dollaridoos

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?

Josh Dunkley, I refused to believe the hype last season and it hurt me.

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Dustin Martin. Call me crazy, but I just don’t think he’s a great footballer. He’s certainly a good player, but he’ll be bad for a 4 week period at some stage, and I’ll pick him up for sub 420k.

KEV

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Other than Whitfield I’m running a mid price forward line at the moment. Of those I’ve got, Tom Lynch presents the most risk. However, his post bye average was 92 and he enters the season priced to average 71. Key forwards are notorious for being up and down, but with a full preseason under his belt there’s value there.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Perhaps. Although he wouldn’t be the first junior footballer to dominate at lower level but struggle to transition those numbers into their first year at senior level. Sam Walsh was the exception but that doesn’t guarantee Rowell anything. Marsh Series will reveal a lot more but I’m happy to go without him.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Scott Lycett, Sam Walsh

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
Forwards. Well rucks actually, but we necessarily don’t need a rookie playing ruck.

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Tim Kelly.

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
Midfield rookies. Especially the higher priced ones like Rowell, Stephens, and Serong.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
26k

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Brodie Grundy

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Not really feeling the Roberton love. I understand the selection but heart issues are scary and he’s a risk that I feel I don’t need to take.

LEKDOG

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Caleb Daniel D1

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Walsh was one in a million but Rowell could be number two in a million. Chuck him in for preseason at least.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Nic Newman. Showing the signs of a defensive beast and I think Docherty could improve his score…just depends on what the Blues do with Simmo.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
Cheating answer is the ruckline, there ain’t anybody exciting me there. I think Darcy will barely play,

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Tim Kelly, I’m six deep in the midfield too!

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
If any of the $200K-$350K blokes perform I’ll have to do a full restructure.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?

$44,300

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Jack Macrae, Patrick Cripps, Brodie Grundy and Clayton Oliver.

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Anyone under $450k in the forwardline. At best, one of them works. At worst, your whole team is cooked from the get go. Jack Steven and Devon Smith are not the answer at this stage.

BARRON

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
A tie between F3 and D3 with Chad Wingard and Harris Andrews.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Sam Walsh last year proved high priced rookies can be worth it, but that hasn’t been the norm in the past. Will need to see his role in the PS games first.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
Sean Darcy at Freo. Taking over the #1 spot with no Aaron Sandilands to share the ruck duties with.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
Mids could be scarce this year, with the DEF/FWD lines having some rookie ranged priced mature selections available.

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Tim Kelly

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
Rookies are the obvious ones

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
$49,800

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Nat Fyfe

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Devon Smith

STATTY MATTY

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
I don’t really do risky. The pessimist Crows supporter in me says Tom Doedee is a risk. He’s in my team.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Yes, see Sam Walsh last year.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?  Josh Dunkley. Based on last year I don’t know if it will be Dunkley the forward or Dunkley the mid.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
I’ll tell you the Thursday night before Round 1.

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Right now it’s Hugh Greenwood. That will most likely change.

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
I might change my team name. Pre-season form isn’t a guaranteed indicator of real scoring. Won’t likely change my team on it.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
About 200k. Might try and get that up to 300k, as I like the idea of having a decent upgrade available if a premo is looking ‘uber’ come round 2.

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Cripps. Absolute lock!

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Sicily.

What are your answers to these questions, Community?

Adam · 09/02/2020 at 07:41

Ok Here we Go 2020, Couple I’m not sure about but other than that fairly happy. 44k left over.

Defenders
Z. Williams DEF $551,700
D. Houston DEFMID$484,800 ?
S. Docherty DEF $436,100

Rucks
B. Grundy RUC $705,900
N. Naitanui RUC $457,800
C. Comben RUCFWD$117,300

Forwards
M. Walters FWDMID$547,200
D. Martin FWDMID$543,000 ?
T. Greene FWD $510,100
J. Steven FWDMID$361,700 ?
D. Smith FWDMID$335,800 ?
I. Rankine FWD $123,900
D. Cameron FWDRUC$123,900
B. Cavarra FWD $123,900

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:47

My only concern is Williams and Greene tailing off a tad with Gogniliog and Ward back in that midfield

Adam · 12/02/2020 at 15:44

Cheers Lek, yep there under the watchful eye of preseason cup

Holy Jesus · 09/02/2020 at 09:15

That is an absolute camel of a team.

No Whitfield, Macrae, Dunkley, Kelly, Danger, Oliver, Bont, Gawn.

But Greene, Steven AND Smith??

Adam · 09/02/2020 at 09:33

Yep to Kelly. Dusty to Whitfield
    Greene to Greenwood

Jumbo · 09/02/2020 at 11:18

The most important thing to do is pick your OWN team Adam. Just because you are missing some cookie cutter players doesn’t necessarily make your team bad….just unique. I didn’t really see much wrong with your initial team to be honest.

It’s amazing to see how influenced people are by others. You start to see certain trends emerge from different websites. For example Tim Kelly is extremely popular with the writers of this website and that seems to leak through to the visitors too. Not saying he is a bad pick, but his numbers aren’t that great

Adam · 09/02/2020 at 13:14

Cheers Jumbo yeah I hear ya, there’ll be lots of tweaks before round 1, I’ve got a huge list lol
        Will see where I end up

Jess · 09/02/2020 at 17:34

Holey jesus get lost. 4 of the 8 players you said that he needs are questionable anyway. If he wants this to be his setup then thats great. He may be playing strategically for leagues anyway.

Adam, i'm actually impressed that you were able to go five deep in both the fwds and mids, while still having a serviceable def.
          Top stuff.

What i like is that if all your PODs fire, which granted is a very massive task, you would most likely win the comp.

You are taking the gambles and are doing it your way. Not a bad team at all 🙂

Adam · 09/02/2020 at 19:20

onya Jess 👍🏻

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 17:05

had to clean that first line up for the sensors hey Jess?

well put

back yourself

Jorg_Ancrath · 10/02/2020 at 09:06

I'd keep Yeo over Kelly. Yeo will be good for 110 ave, I reckon. Might even top that with Kelly taking some attention off him. Are we sure Kelly is going to lift his ave by 10? If not, don't see how you can pick him.

Mike · 09/02/2020 at 12:45

Docherty, Doedee, Roberton, Hill, Young, Gould (Starcevich, Brander)

Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Danger, Treloar, Oliver, Rowell, Pickett (McHenry, Bytel, Hibberd)

Gawn, Grundy (Comben)

Whitfield, Dusty, C Jones, Townsend, Bonar, Cockatoo (Rankine, M King)

$8.4k Bank

No illusions this is an extremely risky team at the moment, but I’m running with it until after Marsh until Thurs before the season. Last year I missed out on the midprice madness and the top-end Ubers because I played safe. We’ll see where it all shakes out, but happy to read comments..

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 16:56

Hey Mike your backline isn't sponsored by the red cross is it?

Super strong midfield with Rowell at M7!

hope it works out for you.

Andrew · 17/02/2020 at 20:56

lol funny stuff

derek · 11/02/2020 at 12:42

i have tinkered with batting 6 deep in the guts, get some points early.

i like the Bonar and townsend picks. really just expensive rookies

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:47

I'm terrified by that backline, it's exhilarating

swimming and t1ts · 09/02/2020 at 14:00

TEAM; SWIMMING AND T1TS

REMAINING SALARY – 117K

LLOYD SICILY DOCHERTY (RIVERS)
HILL STARCEVICH GOULD (BIANCO)

MACRAE NEALE (MCHENRY)
KELLY CRIPPS YEO (ROBERTSON)
ROWELL VALENTE PICKETT (MEAD)

GRUNDY GAWN . (COMBEN)

WHITFIELD MARTIN SMITH (CAMERON)
COCKATOO BRANDER RANKINE (STURT)

Simple GnR strategy with no midpricers besides SMITH and DOCHERTY, who i consider fallen premo's.

Seriously considering a breakout player like a GREENWOOD, BRAYSHAW etc.

THOUGHTS????

derek · 11/02/2020 at 12:40

which Kelly is that in the guts?

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:48

Good question

swimming and t1ts · 15/02/2020 at 14:28

my apologies… it is the rolls royce!!! JOSH KELLY

KeenButClueless · 09/02/2020 at 19:36

Most risky selection – actually it’s the non selection of Whitfield. If he proves durable, then that will be an awful call

Rowell – probably not, but if no rookies appear, then my hand maybe forced.

$5k left

Interested but not selected – Walsh. He may do an Oliver this year. If it wasn’t for the fact that the Blues have him spending more time forward this year, I might have picked him

Rookies – I think the mids will be shallow. Especially on the bench

M5 – changes a bit, but mostly Oliver. Merrett and Taranto have had a look during the preseason

A strong performance from Docherty might see him find his way in

Not left my side – Grundy, Grawn, macrae, Dunkley, Oliver

I can’t select Steven, Smith or Docherty.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 17:10

Must be a fairly unique team there keen
    with no

Whitfield
    Rowell
    Steven
    Smith
    Doc

Long live the POD.

KeenButClueless · 10/02/2020 at 18:37

Thanks Trig!

Yes very PODish! Weller for Doc, Petracca and Ceglar instead of Whitfield and Steven/Smith.

Space for Rowell, but I will be looking for alternatives to pick him, rather than the other way around.

It’s early, so long live the POD. I inevitability get cold feet closer to the start and end up cookie cutter. See if I can hold my nerve this year!

Captain Risky · 10/02/2020 at 19:19

I don't mind the Ceglar pick, if McEvoy goes to Def and Ceglar is the main man, sure be close to a top 6 fwd, plus gives you an option to swing into Rucks for cover.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:48

Love this!

Maverick_ · 10/02/2020 at 12:54

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
that would probably be greenwood at F3. banking on him increasing his tank, playing alot more TOG and lifting his avg by 7-10 pts. very risky as we know GCS leak supercoach points like a siv and don't tend to average very highly themselves. heeneys only 50k more

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
His been in and out of my side walsh is fresh in our memories and I think people just expect rowell to do the same.
I'll watch his marsh series closely far from a LOCK atm.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
bailey smith & sam walsh. Both going to be stars of the next decade. awkward prices though this year

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
defense looks thin too me. hopefully marsh series uncovers a few gems across all the lines

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
Not confident with set & forget of G&G after gawn's setback. Will be monitoring Lycett & ROB closely.. Jacobs would need to really tear it apart for me but still in contention

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
47k

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
GRUNDY

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Dev Smith is an absolute trap i don't see him playing midfield at the bombers this year he is bad news and im staying right away

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 16:48

Mav,

Not sure Smith will play midfield esp with big Joe on extended leave but he does get the majority of his points through tackles so as long as that is back in the Marsh series reckon he will get a gig in my team.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:48

I LOVE THIS

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 16:35

Hey a bit of fun – sure I'll play along:

1. Most Risky
Chancy Jones / Hunter Clark (though Jonesy is worth alot less to start)

2. Matt Rowell
Likely starter though I do also like Dylan Stevens for a tad less
Rule of thumb is he has to score 15 more points per game than a cheaper rook to make selection worthwhile, while I havent seen it yet from what I have read this a very real possibility.

3. Intersted but not brave enough
Tim English – finished really well last year and looks due to launch – if Gawn doesnt get up or even if he does but is under done it may well become Timmy Time.

4. Least Rookies
Excluding ruck I would say forward line – Rankine but then who? All the rest are a maybe at the moment – cant lock in another name with the exception of King but he is KPP.
Def and mids should provice enough rook cover

5. M5
Tim Kelly – think with a decent ruck and at home where he wants to be will see an even better version of Kelly. Timmy time again?

6. Changes after a strong Marsh series
Obviously rookies but also the players coming back from injury – ie robertson, steven, smith or those who dont play ie Gawn and Mead
We will know more after the March series which is really just to look at the rooks, assess change of position (houston) and who plays and who doesn't. Dont worry about how you premos go in the pretend stuff – they will just blow out the cobwebs and will be raring to go Rd 1.

7. Cash left
$30k

8. Not left side
Grundy – though why is he not training fully with the main group? Every time it is he trained away from the main group. Any pie fans out there who can enlighten? Also lloydy and macca macrae – class is class – pay the price.

9. Cant select despite hype
No one really infact may go the opposite and bring Houston in after wines and mead are missing in the midfield.
Stevens would have to a really good marsh series to warrant selection

Shake n bake · 10/02/2020 at 17:37

Cox, Cam & Grundy all played part of match stimulation on the 7th Trigg.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 17:43

Thanks shakers

Must just be looking after their asset.
      Easing him into 2020.

Shake n bake · 10/02/2020 at 18:02

Definitely

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:48

Trigga, when can I come to your happy place and learn your wisdom?

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 10/02/2020 at 16:50

$100!

That's what I call using the full salary cap 🙂

Shake n bake · 10/02/2020 at 18:07

Glad someone looking at byes. I’m one that always does. Just saying big part of SuperCoach.

Russty_ · 11/02/2020 at 01:37

Byes are very important mate, it took me several years to realise that but you need a consistent score over the 3 rounds to not fall backwards in the rankings but rather improve, I managed to improve 6000 spots last year which I was happy with.
    Kudos to you bud for doing your own thing…whether it works or not at least you'll know by season's end 🙂

Russty_ · 11/02/2020 at 02:23

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage? — Jacobs, could be a disaster but wahoo what a ride.
At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it? — Not for me, guys like Walsh are rare…could be wrong but don't care if I am.
Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select? Worpel, ended up going McCluggage over him, I rate both of them highly though.
Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1? — Fwd line's a bit thin I think, apart from obvious Rucks, I have Cameron and King in the fwd line.
Who is your M5 at the moment? — Hugh McCluggage
What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team? — McCluggage out, Worpel in, Hill out, any half decent rookie in, Hill out Fogarty in, Steven out, Smith in.
How much money do you have leftover in your current set up? — 62K
Who has not left your side since the team picker opened? — Lloyd, Stewart, Docherty, Doedee, Macrae, Neale, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Steven, Grundy, Whitfield, Heeney

Who can’t you select despite all the hype? — Houston..almost premo priced but may not deliver much.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:50

Agree on Houston at this stage

RazzleDazzle · 11/02/2020 at 07:54

Alrighty lads, first time posting team here and it’s probably gonna stay this way until after the preseason games or unless you gives give me an absolute spray.

DEF – Williams, Stewart, Docherty, Doedee, Williamson, Gould (McLennan, Bianco)

MID – Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Oliver, Simpson, Pickett, Maginness (Bennell, Philp, Roberton)

RUC – Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

FWD – Whitfield, Heeney, Greenwood, Hill, Cockatoo, Rankine (Cameron, Sturt)

About $24k in the bank, let us know what ya reckon. Cheers 🙂

derek · 11/02/2020 at 12:50

that is a solid team

RazzleDazzle · 11/02/2020 at 16:19

Cheers Neil, haven't even looked at the byes lol might give it a geez after the preseason games. Good luck this year!

BeePee · 11/02/2020 at 08:37

I've gone deeep in the midfield.
D: Laird, Dawson, Docherty, Roberton, Young, Gould / Rivers, spud
M: Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Oliver, Pickett, McHenry / Mead, Hibberd, M/F spud
R: Grundy, ROB / spud
F: Whitfield, Steven, Smith, Bonar, Cockatoo, SHill / Rankine, spud

Roberton looking dicey in favour of Doedee. Steven could make way for Greenwood.

derek · 11/02/2020 at 11:35

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Sicily. I have him instead of Docherty.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
He will be in 70% of teams by round 1. He is in my team, but if i need extra cash he will be one of the first to go.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
NicNat. His points per minute is insane, but TOG last year is a worry. Will it increase? only $457k.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
Forward rookies are always the problem, especially for their low scoring. this year the same

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Coniglio. So much value.

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
Docherty is a big watch for me. Currently not in my team based on him being too expensive for a bloke who has missed 2 years.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
$30k

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Lloyd, Laird, Macrae, Dangerfield, Grundy, Whitfield, Dusty

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
Jack Steven. He needs to get a lot of the footy to get a decent score.

derek · 11/02/2020 at 12:23

Current Team

Lloyd, Laird, Sicily, Starcevich, Rivers, Gould (Ming, McLennen)

Macrae, Neale, Dangerfield, Oliver, Coniglio, Rowell, Mchenry, Pickett (Robertson, Cahill, Hibberd)

Grundy, Gawn (Comben)

Whitfield, Dusty, DSmith, Townsend, SHill, Cockatoo (Rankine, Cameron)

Rookies:
    I like the look of the defense rookies. Most years we seem to get a few and this year is looking ok.
    Rowell, Mchenry and Pickett will be most people's M6, M7 & M8. they should provide ok scores, but if they have a poor week, everyone will be in same boat.
    Forward rookies are always the trouble children. When you have them onfield and they score 16's. Rankine should play and is cheap. King should play but will be a low scorer and slow burn. After those two, there isn't much.

Midpricers:
    Docherty is more expensive than i thought he would be. 2 years out of the game, team alot different from last time he played. I might be happy to get him later, still at a reasonable price.
    Doedee and Robertson. Priced at low 50's, won't be surprised if both average well above that. Could be in team for most of the year. Big worry is TOG to start season and missing games later on. I'm trying to minimize my injury risk players so probably will avoid and hope the defense rookies do the job
    Devon is a classic Fallen Premium. At his best he will be top 8 forward but priced at 60. I'm picking him to be in my team for the whole year.
    Townsend is a watch for the Marsh series. If he is anywhere near the guts, he will be in my team. essendon need some size in their midfield (merrett, smith, shiel, parrish, mcgrath) not the biggest blokes, they have tried Stringer. I can see him doing good. Priced at an expensive rookie.

Premiums;
    this year i want to start with A+ graders. I tried merrett, crouch, dusty, mundy, heeney last year to try and have 13 (instead of Neale, Fyfe, Dunkley, Macrae, Lloyd and have only 12). Can't have them all, Happy to start with only 12 this year, happy with my current team, but Sicily could become Williams, Oliver & Neale could become Fyfe & Cripps.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 09:02

nice if there are a couple of forward rookies. Not a big fan of Cockatoo.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:50

Agree on Gognigliog, need to get him back in

Shake n bake · 11/02/2020 at 13:41

Stupid question time how is Danger not a fwd/ mid and with 27goals last year and with only 24 the year before he was?? Whitfield is now a fwd/mid with only 11goals??!! Don’t give me heat map crap please. You can not tell me Whitfield spent more time fwd than Danger.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:51

When I get the Prospectus I'll tell you!

Shake n bake · 11/02/2020 at 14:08

Most Risky, Heeney inj prone stunk it up in games last year & on last years form maybe overpriced.but still avg 94 and the 5th best fwd. Saying all that think hell improve on last year.
Matt Rowell worth it? of coarse hes playing for Gold Coast they are were Carlton was last year!
Interested but not brave enough T Kelly. Need to see him 1st in an Eagles jersey. Think hell get the room to play his game without much attention can go fwd and kick goal. With Stuey Yeo and Gaff around abouts will like to see how he fits in.
Least Rookies, l think fwd for now
M5 Oliver. Cant leave him out. im banking he kicks the thing more this year!
What changes will might l see in the pre season. To early to tell.
$37k left over

derek · 12/02/2020 at 08:44

i'm a big fan of Heeney. i see him in the guts, but he doesn't get the ball, put him on the forward line he is a star.

Shake n bake · 12/02/2020 at 09:09

Still tinkering he’s my F3 but still thinking if l need coin somewhere else he might go aswell. You still interested in my league Derek?

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:51

Oliver locked in at this stage for me, hasn't moved.

Blueprime · 11/02/2020 at 16:11

Risky pick….Jacobs Rookie Rowell……Nah Lacking bravery on………Sicily Least rookies……..Forwards M5……..Dangerfield Marsh watch…….Doc,Doedee,Steven,Smith & of course, Rookies. Cash…….29400 Never left………Williams,Laird,Doc,Macrae,Cripps,Dunkley,Mitchell,Danger,Coniglio,Pickett,Grundy,Whitfield,Lynch Can't select………Both Steven and Smith. Keep up the good work and I hope everone in the JR Community has a great season.

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 16:54

If we have Cameron at R3. Is there some merit in having a Ruck/Fwd in the fwd line. Options are Ceglar or Ryder at a similar price or even save a bit and use Patton. What are Hawthorns intentions here. Obviously either Patton or Ceglar will play some footy with McEvoy but probably not both. OR am I being a bit DPP focused and should look else where. Thoughts appreciated.

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 21:03

Interesting comment on Dusty. I’ve taken him out of my team a few times and looked at other options. Once I look at names of those at similar prices, and we are talking 540 not 600 plus, then factor Dusty at DPP status I keep putting him back in….

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 21:06

I know I should be embarrassed Neil but I’m starting without Max. The price makes me demand a perfect pre season. Have the big sauce and will hopefully upgrade to Max sooner rather than later

derek · 12/02/2020 at 08:53

you have to look at Max's scores last year, stare at them for a few moments because you won't believe them.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 08:49

Cameron isn't a good R3 option because of the C loophole.

Same team as Grundy and they play alot of early games.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 19:10

cameron isn't a bad backup if Grundy gets a minor injury. Will be get a game.

If so, have Cameron at F8 and Comben at R3

The Ranger · 15/02/2020 at 12:28

Rumours out of Collingwood that Cameron might go past Massive for the tall fwd/back up ruck spot.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:52

North Melbourne rookie is the best R3 for loop holing. Not sure the guys you've mentioned will provide enough points despite being DPP (I do think Ceglar will improve scoring this year but not enough)

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 11/02/2020 at 20:07

Philips just moved to.the front of the queue at the bombers with bellchambers going down

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 20:45

He still costs over 400k and is not a dpp. Is there any reason to pick him above other options?

TRIGGA HAPPY · 12/02/2020 at 17:50

None

Just passing on info.

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 20:42

With any luck that’s a blow to Casey chances in the VFL and doesn’t impact Melbourne. Don’t see any other realistic Ruck,Fwd options. Saw Richmonds Balta especially in pre season last year put can’t see where he gets any opportunity

KeenButClueless · 11/02/2020 at 21:25

Possibly helps us Gawn owners. Takes away the ability to ease him into the season by playing him in tandem with Preuss. Whilst it could break him, it probably means he has to go full throttle from Round 1

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 22:30

I hope you’re wrong about that. Reminds me too much of throwing young players in way over their heads. We did it to Jack Watts and others. I hope they play Jackson at Casey for the whole year, even rest him at times then a big pre season next year and go from there

dontblushbaby · 11/02/2020 at 21:59

Nic Nat & Coniglio are the best value this year imo, you might say they are a risk but at the end the day all players are a risk

derek · 12/02/2020 at 08:59

NicNat was going to be my first picked this year, but his TOG at the end of last year that seemed like a strategic decision by WCE worried me.

If his TOG was low just because of him coming back from injury, but it did seem like a strategy, send him out for 10 min stints.

Coniglio locked.

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:53

Gog has been dropped from my side currently, might sneak him back in

Tibor · 11/02/2020 at 22:32

There are options for both these two that-have a strong track record of 22 game seasons.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 08:54

good info

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:48

Love this

Lekdog · 12/02/2020 at 09:49

This is great

FearTheBeard · 12/02/2020 at 12:23

Well after toying around a fair bit.

Rip in lads (any help/info appreciated)

Lloyd, Doch, Roberton (was tossing up him and DoeDee) Young, Starcevich, Gould – McLennan, Rivers

Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Oliver, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett – Valente, Robertson, Cahill

Grundy, Gawn – Cameron

Whitfield, Dusty, Steven, D Smith, Townsend, Hill – Rankine, Comben.

Been toying with Bonar/Townsend. Also about cutting Steven to a lower rookie and trying to slide Cogs in somehow to the mid to make it fatter.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 19:07

do you have any cash left?

you got all the likely candidates.

Cogs is good value and i've put him in the guts ahead of Fyfe, $100k less. Fyfe a gun, but talk of him playing forward. Money saved might strengthen elsewhere

JohnDJ59 · 12/02/2020 at 13:04

My most risky, is thinking about having English at R2 instead of Max. Is Matt Rowell worth it, no, but he is in my team until there is a reason for him not to be. Interested in but not brave enough to select, Petracca at F3. Least rookies, as usual, the fwd line. M5 was Oliver until a few days ago, when I changed to McCluggage, but Oliver could be back for round one. Changes after marsh series, rookies. Cash left over, $110,100. Who has not left my side since my first draft, Laird, Fyfe, Dunkley, Danger, Grundy, Dusty. Can't select despite the hype, Sicily

JohnDJ59 · 12/02/2020 at 14:29

Hi OOP_s, looking at M5 as a value play, in that they aren't overpriced, Oliver and McCluggage should both do better than last year, Oliver isn't getting over shoulder surgery and McCluggage should naturally progress. One of them will end up being my M5 at the start, will depend on what I settle with on other lines, ie cash in the bank, on who I select.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 19:03

i haven't followed mcCluggage much, but i tend to agree with OOP_s.

What he did second half of last year is what you will get with a bit of an improvment. 100 average is where he is at. If he was under $500k you could justify starting him to get a nice points start, but knowing there is always a trade to be used, but he is only $40k less than Coniglio and for $80k more you can get Oliver.

DavidC · 13/02/2020 at 09:53

Cluggs plays predominantly on a wing and shouldn't be affected by CEY who will be mostly inside. The one who might drop in scoring is Zorko who looks likely to play more forward. I don't see a lot of upside in Cluggs this year.

JohnDJ59 · 12/02/2020 at 17:21

I'm calling this my safe team, one to start with and then tinker with. I tried to use most of my salary and had $700 left after completion. At the moment only six players are locked for round one and am considering D.Stephens as a replacement for Rowell. Def: Lloyd, Laird, Docherty, Young, McLennan, Rivers, ( B.Smith, Gould ) Mid: Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Danger, Oliver, Rowell, McHenry, Pickett, ( E.Smith, Valente, Bianco ) Ruck: Grundy, Gawn, ( Comben ) Fwd: Whitfield, Dusty, D.Smith, C.Jones, Hill, Rankine, ( M.King, Mahony ). Still have the 2,5,2,2 structure, it seems the most flexible one to start with, but that could also change before round one, the 5 premos in the mids structure is the only line that is locked.

derek · 12/02/2020 at 18:55

Solid Team mate.

I'm actually finding the hardest to decide on are my premium mids.

I have MaCrae, Neale, Danger, Oliver and Coniglio, but it could easy be any of Fyfe, Cripps, Dunkley, Bont, Titch.

JohnDJ59 · 12/02/2020 at 19:20

Thanks Derek, I've done about five or six drafts all up, not big changes, but then I tend to keep coming back to this side, you could call it my own cookie cutter team, the one constant has been my mid premos, those five had been locked from the start, until I tried McCluggage at M5, but Oliver is back in. I was the same as you last year, had about eight that I was trying to get to five and I kept changing my mind which ones to have.

Dann · 12/02/2020 at 23:41

I Think Cripps & Dunk will safely out score Cogs by 10points a game & maybe Oliver too.

JohnDJ59 · 16/02/2020 at 14:34

Since I did this team, I am now considering going Lloyd to Williams and Docherty to Houston due to the round 13 bye.

Tibor · 12/02/2020 at 20:15

Never seems to get a mention but any thoughts on Ben Cunnington. Wins his own footy, plays every game, doesn’t get tagged, lays tackles when he isn’t winning first possession seems to tick more boxes than Coniglio for my money

dontblushbaby · 12/02/2020 at 20:45

Ah nah, not an Uber imo, might Ave 100’s , Cogs can go larger

BrownlowBoy · 12/02/2020 at 22:11

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage?
Greenwood – he's at the Suns, that's all that needs to be said.

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it?
Not for me, too expensive. Suns have a lot of guys who can go through there, and a lot of them are the same type of player. Rowell may get more attention from opposition.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select?
James Rowbottom. Could be this years Oliver/Worpel.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1?
Defence at this stage, not many standing out.

Who is your M5 at the moment?
Clarry Oliver

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team?
A lot! Rookies and guys like Steven, Smith, Doedee and Roberton all of who are not in my team. As well as Houston.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up?
$34,400k

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened?
Fyfe, Danger, Oliver, Grundy, Gawn, Whitfield, Martin, Docherty

Who can’t you select despite all the hype?
At this stage it's Doedee and Roberton. I don't see Doedee scoring enough and Roberton is just a big ? with his health and I don't think I'm willing to take that risk.

BrownlowBoy · 13/02/2020 at 09:27

Hi NDD, yes the Elite of the Elites is back and running. You should have received an invite a couple of weeks ago. If you can't find it let me know 🙂

BrownlowBoy · 13/02/2020 at 19:47

I can post it in a league we are in together. Safer than posting here when others jump in.

BrownlowBoy · 14/02/2020 at 14:39

Posted in Rat Pack NDD

Vicwood · 13/02/2020 at 14:12

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage? Cerra D3

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it? Will get battered by the men.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select? T Lynch (TIGERS)

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1? Ruck as Always

Who is your M5 at the moment? Treleor

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team? Steven

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up? 80K

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened? Sicily Macrae Neale Dunkley Grundy Greenwood

Who can’t you select despite all the hype? Rowell.

Current Team.

SICILY Doch Cerra Robertson Young Gould (Rivers Mc Guiness (loop)

MACRAE NEALE DUNKLEY DANGER TRELOR Hanners Stephens Pickett (cockatoo mc henry hibbard)

GRUNDY GAWN (cameron)

GREENWOOD EBERT Smith Bonar Hill KKP ( rankine mahoney)

Robbo Doch Cerra Steping stones. Uncertain in swans and crows DEF set up this year

Hanners stepping to Oliver R5/6

Smith and Ebert well price and would be bonus if they become keepers. Gone thin, but deep in FWD line and have attempted to select players whom have value for the early rounds and have good Job security.

Would appreciate if the more experienced coaches could highlight potential problem with this structure.

Blueprime · 13/02/2020 at 19:10

You most certainly haven't put together a cookie cutter team but you might struggle against teams that have most of Lloyd,Laird,Williams,Mitchell,Fyfe,Whitfield & Martin.

Vicwood · 14/02/2020 at 12:40

Thanks for your reply. Will most likely start Dusty and Laird Round RD1. Just testing different structures at this time. Always 1 or 2 surprises during pre-season games.

Blueprime · 14/02/2020 at 15:50

Would rather Stephen forward and Oliver in Mids instead of Hanners who is only held together with stickytape. Maybe derisk a bit by only picking one of Smith or Stephen. As you correctly say plenty of surprises to come.

Blueprime · 14/02/2020 at 16:12

I have Lynch a F3 at present. Barring injury I would expect him to play every game and with Richmond mids delivery average 85-95 and end up as a top 8 forward for season points.

TeeV · 13/02/2020 at 20:03

Liking the sound of Connor Rozee
a risk though is it work it

TeeV · 13/02/2020 at 20:07

Grr…stupid fingers…
    Connor Rozee is tempting.
    Thanks Damo.

The Ranger · 15/02/2020 at 12:46

Who’s your most risky selection at this stage? NicNat

At his high rookie price, is Matt Rowell worth it? The Walsh evidence suggests yes but I can't remember another 200K rookie being worth it. I'm still 50/50.

Who have you been really interested in but not brave enough to select? Witherden. Backed him in two years running. Vowed not to pick him this year.

Which line will have the least rookies available to us in round 1? Ruck as always, then fwd line.

Who is your M5 at the moment? Cogs.

What changes might strong performances in the Marsh series bring to your team? I try not to be swayed by it too much but I'll be watching my mid-pricers and all the rookies.

How much money do you have leftover in your current set up? 72K

Who has not left your side since the team picker opened? Macrae. Neale. Grundy, Lloyd, Whitfield. Preseason is the time to throw ideas around so there shouldn't be too many definites IMO.

Who can’t you select despite all the hype? Roberton, Doedee, Worpel.