16 trades were done on the final day of the AFL Trade Period.

The Jock Reynolds crew break down the winners and losers from a Supercoach perspective.

Website: https://www.jockreynolds.com.au/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JockReynoldsSC/

Lekdog Twitter: @LekdogSC

Damo Twitter: @DamoSC

Patch Twitter: @PatchToTheMax

Lekdog · 16/10/2019 at 21:22

Anyone from today's trades interest you?

Holty01 · 17/10/2019 at 09:17

Not really Lek.

Holty01 · 17/10/2019 at 08:45

As a Carlton supporter, I’m already disappointed and 2020 season hasn’t even started. Sydney was embarrassing not even offering their pick 5 for Daniher but Carlton we’re probably offering overs for Papley (although I liked the trade) and still couldn’t get it done. I guess you can only offer what you have but not sure why Sydney didn’t accept pick 9. Plus no Martin hurts as well.
Very impressed with the Saints trade period. Finals for 2020 I don’t think is out of the question anymore.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/10/2019 at 18:39

Was a bit surprised by the media launching into SOS.

Sun's wanted pick 9 -martin not worth that.
    2nd round pick was fair.
    Offered overs for Papley but didn't mattered Joe not moving neither was paps.

Had to laugh but dons state the two players are separate trades then in next breath want pick 9 on the table for big joe?? 🤣

Could I guess have got butler or Ellis as that small fwd but kept pick 9 and may get Martin for peanuts.

Saints and dogs cleaned up – Gr8 trading.

Not sure how hawks and cats gets players so cheaply but again some how got quality for nadda.

Must be some good players in this draft other than the top 2 and green?
    Surely? Heard very little except about those 3. 🙉

Jack · 17/10/2019 at 19:14

Pick 9 in return for Martin and pick 15 was great offer from the suns. SoS is a fool

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/10/2019 at 19:20

Could be fools gold. 🙊

Lekdog · 24/10/2019 at 10:18

It was not a good offer, bloke was playing in the NEAFL all year. They were lucky to be offered a second rounder.

Jack · 26/10/2019 at 22:20

Martin played 16 games of AFL in 2019 with good stats across the board. he ave over 20 disposals, 4 marks and 5 tackles p/game.
          How is that and pick 15 not a better hand than pick 9? He has better stats than the whole 2019 carlton team except cripps and ECurnow

Lekdog · 29/10/2019 at 14:57

Don't get me wrong, I think Pick 15 and Martin is a better hand than Pick 9 (because I highly rate Martin) but it's not a better hand than Pick 9 and Martin which is, in all likelihood, what the Blues will end up with.

The offer wasn't 15 + Martin for 9, it was 15 + Martin for 9 + 2nd rounder, which is in no way a deal worth making.

I think the Suns overplayed their hand and it comes at the expense of the players stress, a player who served them for many years, which I think is completely unacceptable.

If he ends up at Melbourne or Carlton I think it goes to show Gold Coast's continued inability to create a good culture and a strong football club.

Jack · 29/10/2019 at 17:30

He was a wasted talent up there. put him in a midfield with a couple of big bodied ball distributors and he'll be an absolute star. give him murphys role at carlton and watch him turn it on. It's probably better for him to go to carlton instead of melbourne, more opportunity to shine at carlton and melbournes game doesn't suit him as much

Lekdog · 30/10/2019 at 10:39

I just hope wherever he plays next year, he plays proper midfield time. I hope he isn't used just as a small forward…Carlton tend to do that to smaller guys regardless of skill set

Lekdog · 24/10/2019 at 10:17

Agreed!

dontblushbaby · 17/10/2019 at 22:45

Anyone want to try and pick the Top 4 & 8 next year ; imo

Tigers,Eagles,Bulldogs,Giants , next Cats,Lions,Pies,Hawks – Dees are the smokies to launch from last year

Russty_ · 18/10/2019 at 00:02

I'll go out on a limb and say the Saints could make the top 8 next year….fingers crossed.

NDD · 18/10/2019 at 17:15

Tiges Lions Cats and Eagles then giants pies hawks and Dees to get there

Steve · 21/10/2019 at 16:41

I don't think the Cats will stay in the 8, they will be the big slider next year.
    My 8 will be
    Tigers, Eagles, Giants, Lions, Pies, Hawks, Dogs and Saints

Matt · 13/11/2019 at 03:28

What do people think callan ward's starting price will be?