By TRIGGA HAPPY.
Well the home and away season has been run and won. Congrats to those of you that were able to salute in the big dance and stand on the winners dias at the end of round 23. How insane was that scoring in the final round??
But what about the rest of us and what now as the supercoach season have come to close or has it?
How many of us want a Happy Ending?
C’mon mind out of the gutter as this is the JR crew this can only mean one thing:
Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending. Imagine being the best performer in the finals series, you would have the all sorts of bragging rights over the JR flock and this would surely stir the tank to get you up and about and to look towards the preseason and 2020 AFL season. Just ask Shake n Bake. Can he defend his title?
So before you hire a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn, or end up in hospital from the mild heart attack you may have when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. You will have to put that on hold because if the herald sun won’t come to the party then I’m going to create my own version of Supercoach Finals.
So without any further ado here it is.
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
Sounds easy right? Well here are the rules.
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)
2. Players must be named in the supercoach positon that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Neale can’t be a forward)
3. Captain selection.
As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must a be a capt or “C” next to their name
4. Team Selection.
All teams must be entered into the spreadsheet via the link below:
Teams must be complete before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 5).
There are 4 sheets as I wasn’t sure how many teams we are going to get. Teams – Teams 3.
If we need more I will just create more but will see how we go.
How it works:
In row 1 add your team name (orange text). This is the column next to or after the “team” column.
When the team sheet is full – move onto Team1 spreadsheet etc.
To add team:
I have put a team in as an example.
Simply start tying in your players name starting at row 2 as per rule 9 above.
i.e. if you want Elliott Yeo in your team start tying elli.. and Elliott Yeo should appear in the drop list select him from the list.
repeat the process for the 4 defenders, 6 mids, 2 rucks and 4 forwards.
The built in smarts:
1. Once a player is selected the team next to the player will change to the team they play for in Yeo’s case – West Coast
2. The teams are added up below to ensure that only 2 players are selected from each team
3. You can only select a player from the drop down list in each position as per rule 2 above. An error will occur if you try and select a player who is not in that position.
4. If more than two players are selected from a team an error will appear in red stating “TOO MANY PLAYERS”
The captain is selected by putting a “C” next to the player you want to be captain for the week. On the LHS next to the players name.
This will then add the SC points you score for that player to your total.
5. If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e. JJK) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. This change must be made prior to the match or if pressed for time posted on the JR website.
6. Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the heraldsun supercoach point scoring system.
7. The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
8. The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
9. As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:
Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
•16 Players consisting of:
Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over the rest of us.
No cash on the line but happy for someone else to run and organise if they feel the urge.
Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……