Supercoach Cheat Sheet | Pre-round 13

OK Community. If you’re still reading these cheat sheets I’m guessing you haven’t given your season away completely? Personally I had a surprising win in my cash league and jumped quite a few places, albeit nothing to write home about. Nothing fires you up like a win after a couple of weeks of losses. Just ask Lekdog after Carlton’s win on the weekend.

So we’re in the middle of the byes, so it’s technically downhill after this week. The players I’ve listed here have (almost) all completed their bye in round 12, and should help you get over this ‘horror week’ and round 14.

But to be honest, there are very few downgrade targets this week who are guaranteed to be playing, let alone have good job security. It makes it very hard to cash in your maturing rookies, unless you want to risk it on players with only one game under their belt. Personally, I need 3 of Lachie Young, Ryan Gardner, Robbie Young and Matt Parker to play to field 18.

Depending on how many trades you have left, there’s always the option to take the loss this week, ensuring valuable trades are made on players who will help you in Round 14 and beyond.

Anyway, good luck this week. Remember there’s 6 more rounds plus finals after this week, so make sure you’re “coming home with a wet sail”.

See ya in the comments,
Statty Matty.

1. COREYSC says:

Advice on my team Community
    279K Bank
    Lloyd, Z.Williams, Laird, Hore, B.Smith, Clark (Answerth, Gardner)
    J.Kelly, Fyfe, Neale, Cripps, Macrae, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Walsh (Bewley, Stocker, Scott)
    Gawn, Grundy
    T.Kelly, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Heeney, Setterfield, Parker (Young, Burgess)
    I have 18 this week but I’ll Be making trades to upgrade my team
    Stocker to Naish (Answerth dpp)
    B.Smith to Sicily
    Parker to Boak
    What should I do for Round 14 because I was planning to make one more upgrade and bring in Caleb Daniel but where should I prioritise my upgrades? I have 17 for Round 14

• Bob says:

Hore to Sicily this week
      Maybe upgrade B. Crouch to Oliver next week
      Walsh and B.Smith should be upgraded soon
      FWD line has to wait a few weeks

2. Shake_n_bake says:

Cotchin out again

• Lazza says:

Sicily is 7th overall for averages, however his last 5 weeks he sits at 20th, and past 3 weeks he sits 24th … he is going backwards … is it really time?

Consider JJ who is $15k cheaper and 9th over the past 3 weeks, 8th over the past 5 and 12th overall average.

3. silversovereign says:

I picked up hopper a number of weeks ago based on his contested game. He has been serviceable but unfortunately he handballs a lot and doesn’t tend to kick long. If he added this to his game he would be a jet but at the moment he spends all his time at the bottom of packs and isn’t adding the cream with some outside play. One to watch but buyer beware.

4. JugHead says:

I can hardly wait for Carlton cleanout round next week. Batman and Robin, you can stay.
    The rest of you chat potatoes, if you boost your price a bit this week that would be handy, but either way, next week you walk the plank……..

5. Jay says:

With 13 trades left, I reckon I'll be taking Mattys "take the loss option" this week.

6. Fearthebeard says:

Cunnington, Sloane or dusty?

7. sick dog says:

thoughts on the man who set 2017 on fire Connor Blakely as an extremely sneaky pod

• BringBackTheFev! says:

i'm doing the same sick dog! Love Blakely, and reckon if he wasn't injured at the start of the season then the majority of us would have him by now!

• redherringfc says:

I had no idea about him, but you got me interested.

Injured his knee in 2017, torn Meniscus, I think. Dislocated his shoulder in 2018.

His numbers look pretty good, often getting around 30 possessions, with the odd howler (injury??) thrown in.

His break even is 98 this week, so he might be worth watching for 1 more week.

I’m very tempted.

• Derek says:

Picked him up off the free agent in all my draft leagues. Has done ok, but he did have a fair time off.

He is playing in defence.

When I see him start attending centre bounces then I’ll be interested for classic.

I would be a nervous Mundy owner if Blakey started getting midfield minutes

• Russty_ says:

You're good at the ole draft game Derek, you always seem to pick off the good ones, my 1st year in it so I'm just playing it by ear.

• The Ranger says:

I bought him in a couple of weeks ago and he's starting to show some good signs.
        He was instrumental in getting Freo over the line against the Pies Derek.

8. Scarpi02 says:

Dear Community I need some help 14 trades Left and 144k in the bank not sure what to do.

DEF:LIoyd ,Houli, Smith, Hore,Clark, Duursma (Burgess,Rotham)

MID: Neale,Fyfe,Macrae, Taranto,Kelly,Gaff,Cripps, B. Crouch ( Scott, Answerth, Atkins)

RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (O'brien)

FWD: Dunkley, Boak, Dangerfield, Heeney,Pretruccelle, Parker (Young, Bines)

9. Harley says:

Should I grab Hopper and $130k for upgrades OR go straight for a Zerret/Bont/Cunners

10. Lekdog says:

We are going LIVE in the next 5-10 minutes, get into chat and let's talk some #supercoach rubbish https://www.twitch.tv/lekdoggames

11. Sana says:

Still no talk of Rowan Marshall, what’s the bloke gotta do? Anyone know much about Patrick Naish and his JS?

• Russty_ says:

There's been enough said about him, the consensus seems to be he's a pretty good pick and has the number 1 spot sewn up.
      Naish hopefully backs up last week's score and keeps his spot with all the injuries at the Tiggers.

• Sana says:

Yeah no mention of him here yet mate. Just bringing him up for those who may have overlooked. His JS is now a lock. Given he has an average of 99, BE of 60, last score of 139, just off his bye, looks like wont be this cheap again…

Also, if Gardner is a consideration this week, figure Naish is too. Unless anyone knows one has better JS? Thanks.

• Russty_ says:

Most who seriously considered him as a perma forward picked him up 4 or 5 weeks ago Sana, I did, could see the potential and JS, cause the Saints have bugger all else options, and he's been much better than any other option since McEvoy as the number 1 ruck.
          Does plenty of extras too, marks it, tackles, kicks goals, he's the complete package ala Grundy.

• Sana says:

I’ve had him a while too, those who don’t should consider it this week. Just like Boak, Ryan etc.

• The Ranger says:

I appreciate how good Marshall has been so far but at this time of the year I'd rather pick an older body.
              Young blokes, especially ruckmen, often fade a bit toward the back end of the season.

• Sana says:

Fair enough mate, spose we’ll wait and see. I’ve been much happier with him than the likes of Heeney who’s playing injured. To your point, both could be the opposite in the 2nd half of the year.

• Rick Grimes says:

Im trading hiim I'm this week. Still cheap as. Looks a top 8 fwd.

12. Steeeve says:

ROB is in!

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Steeeve Jacobs had an interview on AFL Selection night saying ROB's done really well taking his chance and that he'll just have to keep battling away in the 2's to get his spot back.
      Maybe I shouldn't have traded ROB out?…lol, and for bloody Whitfield

• Steeeve says:

Kept rob Walsh and gibbons specifically for the byes and it has paid huge dividends so far. Just need clarke, bewley, gardner etc to get named now.

13. Grundy and Balta to ROB and Daniel Then next week lloyd for young Dont think I have the cahunas though . NDD

• Russty_ says:

You must have plenty of trades mate?…why trade Grundy out?

• Grundy just doesn't seem at his best Russty and ROB is probably 4th after goldy. Getting Lloyd for Young is gold Would mean no Grundy for the year .Nah mate wouldn't do it

• Russty_ says:

He'll be right Neil, just needs some Peptides in his ankle lol
          I'm still trying to figure out a way to get Grundy in somehow.

• I had that problem in the last half 2019.and couldn'i get him .This year it's Lloyd.The rookies are just not rewarding us quickly enough Russty

• Russty_ says:

Yeah but they can if you trade the over 300k ones down x 2 in certain weeks, thinking ahead to the next week.
              Think I might have to finish with Hore and maybe Walsh though, happy to do that mate.

• Brodie says:

Lol That is the dumbest thing ever sauce will be back in a fortnight and your left ruckless

• SC Insider says:

Yep, trade Grundy he had a poor game so he must go. I recommend everyone else to do the same. Rory lobb is playing well maybe trade to him?

• hedski says:

Could have been a genius move NDD!

14. TommyC99 says:

Bont or Zerrett?

15. Fearthebeard says:

Community able to guide on last mid?

Bont, Cunnington, Sloane? I’m thinking one of them? Can’t think of anyone else?

I have neale jkelly fyfe macrae Cripps cogs rocky cant decide on 8th and final mid?

16. GarryGOAT says:

Could use the help 🙁
    17 trades 10k

DEF: Hurn Sicily Williams Smith Rozee Duursma (Answerth Clark)

MID: Cripps Fyfe Macrae Treloar Oliver TKelly MCrouch Walsh (setterfield atkins Scott)

RUCK; Gawn ROB (bines)

FWD: Danger Cameron Dunkley Marshall Heeney Larkey (Lewis Burgess)

I have no cash and huge holes in my team.
    HELP 🙁

• Russty_ says:

Hi Garry, I would go for cash this week…
      Clark out for Naish.
      Atkins out for Bewley and Scott out for Clarke if he's named…you need money and playing players.
      Then you can do whatever the hell you want to next week but you'd want to get Kelly back into your fwd line and upgrade a mid or 2 in the future.
      Backline needs some upgrading too but you can't do that without money.

17. KSinny says:

Hey community would really appreciate some advice on my team. I've got 15 trades and $101k in the bank. Think I need to strengthen my backline but not sure what to do. Thoughts?

DEF: Sicily, Houli, Smith, Duursma, Answerth, Hore (Burgess, Lockhart)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Gaff, Sloane, M. Crouch, Fyfe, Jelly, Walsh
    (Bewly, Scott, Gibbons)

RUC: Gawn, Grundy (Bines)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Boak, Marshell, Petruccelle (Balta, Young)

• Brn says:

Wait for hurn for defence.

If you need more players this week get rid of answerth but also balta, as his BE is just too high. Look out for who is named and good luck

18. Mitch says:

Righto lads, who does everyone reckons will end up being the top:
    6-8 defenders
    8-10 mids and
    6-8 forwards

All opinions welcomed! Cheers

19. Ned_Starkers says:

In what order would you trade in these guys over the next three weeks in… Boak, Dunkley, Daniel and Marshall?
    Confusing myself trying to balance potential score, BE and price movement.

20. COREYSC says:

Who goes B.Smith? or Hore?
    Or hold both?

• Streaker says:

I'm holding Hore as he will make some more cash and is serviceable as a D6. Holding Smith this week for numbers but will upgrade him to Lloyd next week.

Both good players but have served their purpose this year.

21. Big G says:

Who is going early on naish?

• COREYSC says:

I will be getting rid of stocker for Naish swinging Answerth into the mids to cover in Round 14 Bye

• JugHead says:

Not me. Bye next week, and the week after a a few Tigers will be close to coming back.

22. COREYSC says:

Just had a thought and a question to the community
    What price will Callan Ward be next season he played less then 7 games and averaged 4 from his one game does that mean he is bargain basement price or just the 10% off his price

23. FearTheBeard says:

Can't bloody decide.

Bont, Cunnington, Oliver??

Thinking the Bont as he has the higher ceiling over Cunnington.

Someone else mentioned Cunnington has a rough run coming while Bont is at home a lot?

Only concern is I have Dunkley & Daniels in forwards and Macrae in mids already. Though it doesn't stop them usually scoring well.

It's my last midfield upgrade with JKelly, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Macrae, Cogs, Rocky all in their already so it's not cash it's just pure scoring?

Bont the go?

• James says:

Everyone saying cunnington has a hard run home but if you look into his scores, cunnington scores well in losses and wins, i would go cunnington personally as i am looking to trade him in after his bye as my last mid premium

• NoLanguage96 says:

Cunnington doesn't care where or who he plays I would go Cunners over Bont every day of the week for consistency. Lowest score of 91.

• FearTheBeard says:

Hi NoLanguage96,

I looked at that and saw Bont's lowest was 95 (outside his shocker with West Coast over there at 73).

He also has some far biggers like 158 & 146.

I had Cunnington then reversed as it meant I get Bont next week too which is a plus. Just not 100% still.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Oliver seems to be getting his act together now, but you would have to wait till next week, due to the Dees not playing this weekend.

• FearTheBeard says:

Thanks John for your time to comment.

Do you think it would make more sense to lock Bont in this week over Oliver & Cunnington considering it's an extra warm body for this week and next?

• JohnDJ59 says:

I think it depends on how many players you have on field this weekend FTB. Bont is due to drop in price the next two weeks, while Oliver could go up a bit. If you really need an extra player this week, I would trade out Rocky for Bont this weekend and get Oliver next week.

24. cash_cows says:

Balta + Atkins + Answerth > Boak + Naish + Gardner
    Leaves me 363k for next week where I'll be moving on Walsh and ROB to mid premos

25. Stupid Coach says:

Greeting Community. Currently have 16 trades and only 41k in the bank. My team (based on this weeks bye round) is as follows:

B: Laird, Williams, Whitfield, Duursma, Wilkie, Joyce, Stewart (bye), Answerth (bye)
    M: Cripps, Macrae, Merrett, Sloane, Coniglio, Walsh, Stack, Baker(bye), Oliver(bye), Stocker
    R: Gawn (bye), Goldy, Sweet
    F: Cameron, Settlefield, Parker, R Young, Heeney(bye), Danger (bye), T Kelly (bye), Petrucelle (bye)

Not sure which way to go with only 17 players currently playing.

Really appreciate any advice.

26. DavidC says:

Hearing a rumour that Rocky might miss this week.

27. TOPHAWK1 says:

Do we keep Balta around for one more game tonight or do we punt him today in order to preserve cash? BE of 109. What are we doing with the spud?

28. DavidC says:

Jack Steele is out. Dislocated his kneecap.

29. Streety says:

Hi community,
    Looking at moving omeara, Clark and Balta into Ryan, Daniel and Gardner this week. Thoughts? Not sure where my money will come for Neale and/or Hurn next week though.

Lloyd, Houli, Sicily, Smith, Hore, Clarke, (Rotham, Answerth)

Cripps, Mcrae, Fyfe, Kelly, O’Meara, Rockliff, B Crouch, Walsh, (gibbons, baker, Hayes)

Gawn, Mumford, fort

Boak, danger, Kelly, Dunkley , Balta, setterfield, (Young, Corbett)

30. Holty01 says:

Good luck everyone for the week. 👍

31. manolaki says:

Hi community, would love some advice on my team if possible.
    12 trades and 400k in the bank.
    Def: Lloyd, Laird, Houli, Smith, Rozee, Hore (Naish, Duursma)
    Mid: Macrae, Fyfe, J Kelly, Oliver, Dusty, Cripps, Walsh, Stack (Baker, Stocker, Scott)
    Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
    For: Danger, Kelly, Boak, Heeney, Worpel, Baker (Setterfield, Young)

I cannot make a decision on plan for this week.
    I want Ryan or Sicily and Dunkley or Daniel.
    I also want Gardner and Bewley.
    I want to trade out Stocker and Scott but will not bring me much cash and cost me too much to go to one of the upgrades also.
    I am not sure if I should upgrade Hore yet. Also Walsh or Stack to Neale maybe next week as well as the premium I don't take this week in forward for Baker.

Any advice or suggestions please?

• Russty_ says:

My advice would be get rid of Stocker and Scott if you had 14 or 16 trades left but you're getting thin with 12 and really have to think about every one now going forward.
      Try posting this in the panic room mate, this thread's dead now.
      P.S I think Hore's almost a defender premo now, scoring well and great js.