Supercoach Cheat Sheet | Pre-round 12

Good morning everyone. The byes are finally upon us and to add to that we have some “premo injury carnage”. Whitfield, Sloane, Grundy, Hurn are out or under a cloud. As if this couldn’t get any harder.

I’ve structured this week’s cheat sheet around bringing in players with the Round 14 bye only. As a minimum it guarantees at least 2 weeks of scoring before their bye (‘touch wood’ no injuries). Of course you can sell players with any bye, but there is a shortage of good downgrade options on any lines. I’m really just hoping Rotham and/or Hately play, but I’ve got no inside info on this occurring.

There is one over-riding caveat for all the trades I’m suggesting this week. “Does it work for your current team structure?” You’ve got to make sure that each trade works for you.

Good luck Community, and see ya in the comments.
Statty Matty.

1. Isaac says:

Thoughts on Cunnington?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Hard to ignore him now. Proven himself to be a consistent scorer and has a high ceiling. Amazing his price has only risen 40k since round 1 with 4 scores under 100 with a low of 91. May attract the Holman tag this week against GC and de Boer the week after. Although that might go to Higgins

2. Billy says:

Is it worth trading in someone like Travis Boak this week, if it allows me to get 18 players in the next bye round.

Trading Boak in will mean ill have 15 players next round with 3 trades to make.

Trading in Boak this week wont impact my team to field 18 players this week.

THoughts?

PS. Ranked 1700, so ranking is a priority

3. Great write up Matty. Jezza's cheap enough but is he the real deal? Doubt it

• redherringfc says:

Get on board Neil.

He is a certain top 6 forward. (so my 4 beers say – tough day at work)

But seriously, he is a serious contender for top forward until the end of the year.

4. Sj34 says:

Dare I say it. Whitfield and Mumford out for Grundy and… Jack Darling?!?

5. SpudsFC says:

Got a final F6 spot that needs filling (probably after the bye), but who do we reckon out of Jezza, Dunkley or Lynch?? Leaning towards dunkley but jezza could be a massive risk but also a massive reward if he goes big to finish the year

6. Sellars12200 says:

Is it time to trade Billings and Heeney?

Also thoughts on Isaac Cummings ?

• COREYSC says:

Hold till full premium then luxury trade

• Lazza says:

Trade in or out ?? I guess "out" … wouldn't trade either in at this point… Heeney is on the watch list till after the byes for me … his last 5 weeks have been poor.. Wouldn't trade him out if I had him … but he's not Top 20 on current form.
      Billings … trade him out asap.

• SpudsFC says:

heeney nursing a foot injury and also playing forward in a team that's struggling. Interested to see what forwards you have but my pick for the best 6 would be boak, kelly, danger, worpel, dunkley and mundy or cameron. So whichever of those you don't have, look to get them in I reckon

• Brn says:

Caleb Daniel averaging 11 points more than Worpel, and a bit more than Mundy/Cameron. He isnt long in the tooth or key position either.

7. TBone_9 says:

Just had a look to see if any trades were worth doing this week, and with Whitfield going down it presents me an opportunity. Whitfield and Billings out to Sicily and Boak. Gets the spud out of my team and sets me up for 1 more premo on field for the rest of the byes. It may be a waste to sideways Billings but he won’t be top 8 and I still have 18 trades left to use. Thoughts guys?

8. Steeeve says:

Thinking I'll bring in two or even three players who aren't playing this round, just so I can maximise the amount of trade-ins for round 13 and 14, ensuring I don't eat any donuts. Definitely going Baily Scott to Brett Bewley. If Lockart is not named I'll trade him to Gardner. Just hope both rookies get another couple of games. Don't need their price to rise just need instant cash (from downgrading) and warm bodies. Third trade might be Whitfield to Sicily.

9. CalebCripps922 says:

Thoughts on Whitfield to Ryan

10. MICK MOLLOY says:

Community i need your help with my next move:

18 Trades & 20k in the bank & want to make a move this week.

DEF: LLOYD, WHITFIELD, HOULI, HORE DUURSMA CLARK/////ANSWORTH RATHEM
    MID: PARKER, FYFE, OLIVER, CRIPPS, CONIGLIO, SHIEL CROUCH WALSH/////SETTLEFIELD, STOCKER, SCOTT
    RUCK: GRUNDY GAWN/////CLARKE
    FWD: KELLY, DANGER, CAMERON, HEENEY, DAHLHOUSE, BAKER ///// BALTA, YOUNG

• MAD MIKE says:

I would axe Duursma this week to Gardner, get some cash generation for next week. Walsh as well!!

Then next week triple upgrade the likes of Balta, Stocker, Hore, Baker (pick 3 of these).

Prob axe Whitfield this week too. Maybe Stewart Geelong a POD?

• MICK MOLLOY says:

THANKS MM – BE SURE TO GET ON MY MULTI AGAIN THIS WEEK

• Lazza says:

If you axe Duursma (BE 16) then you will need to find two DEF given Whitfield is out for 6 weeks. Of all the rookies Duursmaa is probably the one to keep for now. You could trade out Whitfield for Gardner … and upgrade Walsh to Kelly. Then upgrade Duursma later to Hurn after Hurn's bye.

11. Lekdog says:

A late bye round livestream tonight! We’ll cover the round 12 teams & your #supercoach trades tonight at http://twitch.tv/lekdoggames from 9pm (ish). Go there and give it a follow so you know when we are live! To all the subscribers, make sure you jump in & spam Daniel Rich emotes!

12. Jim says:

Ryan, sicily or williams in for whitfield?

• Russty_ says:

Depends on your byes Jim, if you can manage to get 18 or more on each week without going Williams, then maybe Sicily or Ryan. If not…Williams, and Williams scored big last time Whitfield was out so all good options really if you can get a full squad on field.

13. GreendaleFC says:

Anyone got any sneaky midpricers (378k or less) to look at? I'm going to be struggling for numbers next week and I feel that I still need to up my team value. Right now Laverde (302k), SPS(360k), McLean (366k),Hogan (296k) and Charlie Curnow (353k) are the ones on my radar. How would you guys rank those players?

• Russty_ says:

Hi Greendale, don't really like any of those guys, reckon Robbie Gray is a pretty decent bargain now though…if you could find a bit of extra money.
      Alternatively, reckon Liam Baker is better than any of those others mentioned,
      Hogan's lost the plot this year, and the others are too inconsistent.

• None are good Greendale .Looks like chasing straws Maybe try a 60 pt rookie if you can find one

• KeenButClueless says:

Consider Josh Kennedy from WCE. Can go big.

Howe and Westhoff have both been premium, but not doing anything to support that this year.

I took Newnes as a breakout, but he is more break heart than breakthrough.

Am considering Zac Jones when he comes back. Has been playing purely midfield and is not the worst choice.

Buddy’s premium days are probably gone.

Higgins from Richmond will be one who could breakout. A few thought he might be a good selection during preseason. A sneaky one, with upside.

If he gets picked next week, and you trust they have fixed his body, Hannebury could be a chance

• GreendaleFC says:

Thanks for the suggestions. I might make the stupidly reckless call of bringing in Hanners

• Disco Stu says:

Maybe Westhoff, with Dixon back in?

14. Jeffrey says:

Thoughts on bringing in Rotham?

• Russty_ says:

You'd have to think he'd be straight back out again (if he gets named which I doubt)… when Hurn gets back, seems to be out of favour like Hately.

• Brokenchairs says:

Wouldn't say out of favour, it's just tough to break into the eagles back 6 right now, especially given his size.

Earmark him for Hurn's replacement in a couple of years.

• doc says:

If he gets named I'm on.
      Will potentially make in 1 game what the rest of the slow burn rookies will make for the rest of the season.

Depends whether you want warm body for ongoing bench cover, or cash generation IMO

• Eli Goldbaum says:

I jumped on Rotham as he is named in the side – was an easy decision to trade in Collins and get Rotham to have those estra points on ground. Plus, he'll make 70K if he hits the avge he has from first 2 games and even more if he goes big. Then, if he doesn't get a game next week, you can either trade him for either Hinge, Naishe, Gardner of other good rookies who will likely play more. OR keep him on bench – I mean who uses TWO emergencies at once? No one!

15. John says:

I’m trying to get both Lloyd and Houli in my team but I don’t know what rookies to trade in. I’ve tried possibilities with rotham, Bewley and Gardner and I can’t get something I like. 20 trades and $119.8k. Any suggestions would be great!

Def: Laird, Williams, Whitfield, Wilkie, Duursma, Hore EMG: Answerth, Clark

Mid: Cripps, Treloar, Fyfe, Cogs, Macrae, B. Crouch, Stack, Stocker EMG: setterfield, Sparrow, O.Baker

Ruck: Grundy, Gawn EMG: Sweet

Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Boak, Kelly, Corbett EMG: Young, Schultz

• Russty_ says:

You can't always choose rookies you like, sometimes ya gotta take what you can get, I'd avoid Rotham though, plenty of trades left so you'll work it out.

• John says:

Can I get your opinion on this trade? Trade Whitfield to Lloyd, Stocker to Gardner via Answerth DPP and trade Wilkie up to Sicily for next week? Thanks

• Russty_ says:

Don't mind it John, would you have to do the Gardner trade this week though?…might be better to wait to see if Gardner plays next week and what's wrong with Stocker and how long he's out for, Stocker was starting to score ok.

• John says:

Yeah that’s true but then the only problem is there’s no way I can make cash because there’s no other rookies :/ Stocker was dropped btw

• Russty_ says:

Oh ok, do what you need to do then mate I guess…AFL team lineups has him as injured,(foot injury) not omitted

• John says:

Yeah you’re right I didn’t realise, guess I’ll have to figure something else out. Thanks

16. Tommo09 says:

Still stuck on this
    Houli or Laird?

• Russty_ says:

The more sensible choice is probably Laird, Houli is tempting though.

• TheLostBoys says:

Same question for me! Laird looks the more reliable 95 – 100 odd (though a possible de Boer tag this week), but Houli has that go big potential. However he's never done that consistently in the past, and has injury history. Much more of a gamble long term.

Already have Hurn, Lloyld and Z.Williams, os really unsure whether to gamble or play it safe.

17. Lekdog says:

We are live! Let's chat #supercoach byes! https://www.twitch.tv/lekdoggames

18. Big G says:

Williams and Kelly or Houli and Cunningham?

19. Stupid Coach says:

Option 1: Lockhart to Baker (Melb) and Rozee to Cameron or Zeibel. Gives me 19 on the field and leaves me with 16 trades.

Option 2: Lockhart to Baker (Melb), Rozee to Cameron or Zeibel and Whitfield to Lloyd or Houli. Gives me 20 on the field and leaves me with 15 trades.

Leaning towards Option 1 to preserve trades but Option 2 is awfully tempting.

Thoughts?

• The Bont says:

I think getting rid of Whitfield is a must this time of year if your going for ranks but if your going for league wins then it may be a different depending on your situation

• Stupid Coach says:

Thanks The Bont. Not playing rank. Going for league wins. Only reason for going for Option 2 is to get Lloyd in while he is below 600K and I can still afford him.

20. Sj34 says:

Anyone looking st jack darling? Risky but a little bit of form or am I just hoping for too much? Deciding between him and rowan Marshall. 10 BE for darling this week

21. Trades says:

So surprised, without even trying and just looking what I have for byes, I have 21,18,19. Unreal.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

would've had 18 but Stocker got injured and lockhart didnt get called back up :'(

• Holty01 says:

So you currently have 29 players who are currently getting games? Or is this after you trade every week?

• Yeahnah says:

Similar. Have 21, 18, 17, with Bines and Whitfield as guaranteed non playing.

• Holty01 says:

That is awesome. Having 28 currently playing coming into byes leaves you in a great position. I have Hurn Whitfield Stocker Scott, Sloane??? Bines.

22. Spanner says:

Whitfield to Ryan, Laird or Sicily?