Good morning everyone. The byes are finally upon us and to add to that we have some “premo injury carnage”. Whitfield, Sloane, Grundy, Hurn are out or under a cloud. As if this couldn’t get any harder.

I’ve structured this week’s cheat sheet around bringing in players with the Round 14 bye only. As a minimum it guarantees at least 2 weeks of scoring before their bye (‘touch wood’ no injuries). Of course you can sell players with any bye, but there is a shortage of good downgrade options on any lines. I’m really just hoping Rotham and/or Hately play, but I’ve got no inside info on this occurring.

There is one over-riding caveat for all the trades I’m suggesting this week. “Does it work for your current team structure?” You’ve got to make sure that each trade works for you.

Good luck Community, and see ya in the comments.
Statty Matty.

Categories: Supercoach

Isaac · 06/06/2019 at 09:46

Thoughts on Cunnington?

SC_Kev7 · 06/06/2019 at 11:02

Hard to ignore him now. Proven himself to be a consistent scorer and has a high ceiling. Amazing his price has only risen 40k since round 1 with 4 scores under 100 with a low of 91. May attract the Holman tag this week against GC and de Boer the week after. Although that might go to Higgins

Billy · 06/06/2019 at 10:35

Is it worth trading in someone like Travis Boak this week, if it allows me to get 18 players in the next bye round.

Trading Boak in will mean ill have 15 players next round with 3 trades to make.

Trading in Boak this week wont impact my team to field 18 players this week.

THoughts?

PS. Ranked 1700, so ranking is a priority

neil demons delight · 06/06/2019 at 11:01

Great write up Matty. Jezza's cheap enough but is he the real deal? Doubt it

redherringfc · 06/06/2019 at 19:27

Get on board Neil.

He is a certain top 6 forward. (so my 4 beers say – tough day at work)

But seriously, he is a serious contender for top forward until the end of the year.

Sj34 · 06/06/2019 at 11:01

Dare I say it. Whitfield and Mumford out for Grundy and… Jack Darling?!?

Sam · 06/06/2019 at 11:41

Trade Mumford to Grundy after Grundy's bye

Sj34 · 06/06/2019 at 11:50

Mumford price set to plummet. Thinking about saving cash so just doing it now and wearing the 0

SpudsFC · 06/06/2019 at 11:27

Got a final F6 spot that needs filling (probably after the bye), but who do we reckon out of Jezza, Dunkley or Lynch?? Leaning towards dunkley but jezza could be a massive risk but also a massive reward if he goes big to finish the year

Lazza · 06/06/2019 at 12:58

Dunkley … no brainer ..especially so if Mitch Wallis is out for any length of time ..

SpudsFC · 06/06/2019 at 13:27

cheers

Sellars12200 · 06/06/2019 at 11:40

Is it time to trade Billings and Heeney?

Also thoughts on Isaac Cummings ?

COREYSC · 06/06/2019 at 12:51

Hold till full premium then luxury trade

Lazza · 06/06/2019 at 13:04

Trade in or out ?? I guess "out" … wouldn't trade either in at this point… Heeney is on the watch list till after the byes for me … his last 5 weeks have been poor.. Wouldn't trade him out if I had him … but he's not Top 20 on current form.
    Billings … trade him out asap.

gator59 · 06/06/2019 at 13:34

Billings is the greatest spud of all time

COREYSC · 06/06/2019 at 13:50

agreed, had him last year! for 14 rounds

SpudsFC · 06/06/2019 at 13:29

heeney nursing a foot injury and also playing forward in a team that's struggling. Interested to see what forwards you have but my pick for the best 6 would be boak, kelly, danger, worpel, dunkley and mundy or cameron. So whichever of those you don't have, look to get them in I reckon

Brn · 06/06/2019 at 14:09

Caleb Daniel averaging 11 points more than Worpel, and a bit more than Mundy/Cameron. He isnt long in the tooth or key position either.

TBone_9 · 06/06/2019 at 14:21

Just had a look to see if any trades were worth doing this week, and with Whitfield going down it presents me an opportunity. Whitfield and Billings out to Sicily and Boak. Gets the spud out of my team and sets me up for 1 more premo on field for the rest of the byes. It may be a waste to sideways Billings but he won’t be top 8 and I still have 18 trades left to use. Thoughts guys?

Lazza · 06/06/2019 at 14:30

do it …

TBone_9 · 06/06/2019 at 14:54

It’s so tempting Lazza…

Steeeve · 06/06/2019 at 15:35

Thinking I'll bring in two or even three players who aren't playing this round, just so I can maximise the amount of trade-ins for round 13 and 14, ensuring I don't eat any donuts. Definitely going Baily Scott to Brett Bewley. If Lockart is not named I'll trade him to Gardner. Just hope both rookies get another couple of games. Don't need their price to rise just need instant cash (from downgrading) and warm bodies. Third trade might be Whitfield to Sicily.

CalebCripps922 · 06/06/2019 at 15:50

Thoughts on Whitfield to Ryan

MICK MOLLOY · 06/06/2019 at 15:53

Community i need your help with my next move:

18 Trades & 20k in the bank & want to make a move this week.

DEF: LLOYD, WHITFIELD, HOULI, HORE DUURSMA CLARK/////ANSWORTH RATHEM
MID: PARKER, FYFE, OLIVER, CRIPPS, CONIGLIO, SHIEL CROUCH WALSH/////SETTLEFIELD, STOCKER, SCOTT
RUCK: GRUNDY GAWN/////CLARKE
FWD: KELLY, DANGER, CAMERON, HEENEY, DAHLHOUSE, BAKER ///// BALTA, YOUNG

MAD MIKE · 07/06/2019 at 09:23

I would axe Duursma this week to Gardner, get some cash generation for next week. Walsh as well!!

Then next week triple upgrade the likes of Balta, Stocker, Hore, Baker (pick 3 of these).

Prob axe Whitfield this week too. Maybe Stewart Geelong a POD?

MICK MOLLOY · 07/06/2019 at 09:24

THANKS MM – BE SURE TO GET ON MY MULTI AGAIN THIS WEEK

Lazza · 07/06/2019 at 10:52

If you axe Duursma (BE 16) then you will need to find two DEF given Whitfield is out for 6 weeks. Of all the rookies Duursmaa is probably the one to keep for now. You could trade out Whitfield for Gardner … and upgrade Walsh to Kelly. Then upgrade Duursma later to Hurn after Hurn's bye.

MICK MOLLOY · 07/06/2019 at 13:07

Thanks Lazza

Lekdog · 06/06/2019 at 16:34

A late bye round livestream tonight! We’ll cover the round 12 teams & your #supercoach trades tonight at http://twitch.tv/lekdoggames from 9pm (ish). Go there and give it a follow so you know when we are live! To all the subscribers, make sure you jump in & spam Daniel Rich emotes!

Jim · 06/06/2019 at 18:41

Ryan, sicily or williams in for whitfield?

Russty_ · 06/06/2019 at 19:04

Depends on your byes Jim, if you can manage to get 18 or more on each week without going Williams, then maybe Sicily or Ryan. If not…Williams, and Williams scored big last time Whitfield was out so all good options really if you can get a full squad on field.

GreendaleFC · 06/06/2019 at 19:03

Anyone got any sneaky midpricers (378k or less) to look at? I'm going to be struggling for numbers next week and I feel that I still need to up my team value. Right now Laverde (302k), SPS(360k), McLean (366k),Hogan (296k) and Charlie Curnow (353k) are the ones on my radar. How would you guys rank those players?

Russty_ · 06/06/2019 at 19:16

Hi Greendale, don't really like any of those guys, reckon Robbie Gray is a pretty decent bargain now though…if you could find a bit of extra money.
    Alternatively, reckon Liam Baker is better than any of those others mentioned,
    Hogan's lost the plot this year, and the others are too inconsistent.

GreendaleFC · 06/06/2019 at 20:55

I'd love to get Gray if i could afford him or had an extra trade.

neil demons delight · 06/06/2019 at 20:03

None are good Greendale .Looks like chasing straws Maybe try a 60 pt rookie if you can find one

KeenButClueless · 06/06/2019 at 20:31

Consider Josh Kennedy from WCE. Can go big.

Howe and Westhoff have both been premium, but not doing anything to support that this year.

I took Newnes as a breakout, but he is more break heart than breakthrough.

Am considering Zac Jones when he comes back. Has been playing purely midfield and is not the worst choice.

Buddy’s premium days are probably gone.

Higgins from Richmond will be one who could breakout. A few thought he might be a good selection during preseason. A sneaky one, with upside.

If he gets picked next week, and you trust they have fixed his body, Hannebury could be a chance

GreendaleFC · 06/06/2019 at 20:56

Thanks for the suggestions. I might make the stupidly reckless call of bringing in Hanners

Disco Stu · 06/06/2019 at 21:27

Maybe Westhoff, with Dixon back in?

Jeffrey · 06/06/2019 at 19:05

Thoughts on bringing in Rotham?

Russty_ · 06/06/2019 at 19:12

You'd have to think he'd be straight back out again (if he gets named which I doubt)… when Hurn gets back, seems to be out of favour like Hately.

Brokenchairs · 07/06/2019 at 08:00

Wouldn't say out of favour, it's just tough to break into the eagles back 6 right now, especially given his size.

Earmark him for Hurn's replacement in a couple of years.

doc · 07/06/2019 at 09:32

If he gets named I'm on.
    Will potentially make in 1 game what the rest of the slow burn rookies will make for the rest of the season.

Depends whether you want warm body for ongoing bench cover, or cash generation IMO

Eli Goldbaum · 09/06/2019 at 11:07

I jumped on Rotham as he is named in the side – was an easy decision to trade in Collins and get Rotham to have those estra points on ground. Plus, he'll make 70K if he hits the avge he has from first 2 games and even more if he goes big. Then, if he doesn't get a game next week, you can either trade him for either Hinge, Naishe, Gardner of other good rookies who will likely play more. OR keep him on bench – I mean who uses TWO emergencies at once? No one!

John · 06/06/2019 at 20:04

I’m trying to get both Lloyd and Houli in my team but I don’t know what rookies to trade in. I’ve tried possibilities with rotham, Bewley and Gardner and I can’t get something I like. 20 trades and $119.8k. Any suggestions would be great!

Def: Laird, Williams, Whitfield, Wilkie, Duursma, Hore EMG: Answerth, Clark

Mid: Cripps, Treloar, Fyfe, Cogs, Macrae, B. Crouch, Stack, Stocker EMG: setterfield, Sparrow, O.Baker

Ruck: Grundy, Gawn EMG: Sweet

Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Boak, Kelly, Corbett EMG: Young, Schultz

Russty_ · 06/06/2019 at 21:06

You can't always choose rookies you like, sometimes ya gotta take what you can get, I'd avoid Rotham though, plenty of trades left so you'll work it out.

John · 06/06/2019 at 22:04

Can I get your opinion on this trade? Trade Whitfield to Lloyd, Stocker to Gardner via Answerth DPP and trade Wilkie up to Sicily for next week? Thanks

Russty_ · 07/06/2019 at 00:23

Don't mind it John, would you have to do the Gardner trade this week though?…might be better to wait to see if Gardner plays next week and what's wrong with Stocker and how long he's out for, Stocker was starting to score ok.

John · 07/06/2019 at 00:39

Yeah that’s true but then the only problem is there’s no way I can make cash because there’s no other rookies :/ Stocker was dropped btw

Russty_ · 07/06/2019 at 02:15

Oh ok, do what you need to do then mate I guess…AFL team lineups has him as injured,(foot injury) not omitted

John · 07/06/2019 at 09:27

Yeah you’re right I didn’t realise, guess I’ll have to figure something else out. Thanks

Tommo09 · 06/06/2019 at 20:25

Still stuck on this
Houli or Laird?

Russty_ · 06/06/2019 at 21:02

The more sensible choice is probably Laird, Houli is tempting though.

TheLostBoys · 06/06/2019 at 21:07

Same question for me! Laird looks the more reliable 95 – 100 odd (though a possible de Boer tag this week), but Houli has that go big potential. However he's never done that consistently in the past, and has injury history. Much more of a gamble long term.

Already have Hurn, Lloyld and Z.Williams, os really unsure whether to gamble or play it safe.

Ja191 · 06/06/2019 at 23:42

Surely de boer goes to crouch or Sloane?

Lekdog · 06/06/2019 at 20:54

We are live! Let's chat #supercoach byes! https://www.twitch.tv/lekdoggames

Big G · 06/06/2019 at 22:31

Williams and Kelly or Houli and Cunningham?

Lazza · 06/06/2019 at 23:56

Williams and Kelly..

Stupid Coach · 07/06/2019 at 06:11

Option 1: Lockhart to Baker (Melb) and Rozee to Cameron or Zeibel. Gives me 19 on the field and leaves me with 16 trades.

Option 2: Lockhart to Baker (Melb), Rozee to Cameron or Zeibel and Whitfield to Lloyd or Houli. Gives me 20 on the field and leaves me with 15 trades.

Leaning towards Option 1 to preserve trades but Option 2 is awfully tempting.

Thoughts?

The Bont · 07/06/2019 at 08:13

I think getting rid of Whitfield is a must this time of year if your going for ranks but if your going for league wins then it may be a different depending on your situation

Stupid Coach · 07/06/2019 at 13:54

Thanks The Bont. Not playing rank. Going for league wins. Only reason for going for Option 2 is to get Lloyd in while he is below 600K and I can still afford him.

Sj34 · 07/06/2019 at 09:03

Anyone looking st jack darling? Risky but a little bit of form or am I just hoping for too much? Deciding between him and rowan Marshall. 10 BE for darling this week

Ja191 · 07/06/2019 at 11:56

I like darling if he will become your f7 loop if not marshall is your man

Trades · 07/06/2019 at 09:33

So surprised, without even trying and just looking what I have for byes, I have 21,18,19. Unreal.

AuroraBorealis?! · 07/06/2019 at 10:27

would've had 18 but Stocker got injured and lockhart didnt get called back up :'(

Holty01 · 07/06/2019 at 13:16

So you currently have 29 players who are currently getting games? Or is this after you trade every week?

Yeahnah · 07/06/2019 at 14:48

Similar. Have 21, 18, 17, with Bines and Whitfield as guaranteed non playing.

Holty01 · 07/06/2019 at 15:21

That is awesome. Having 28 currently playing coming into byes leaves you in a great position. I have Hurn Whitfield Stocker Scott, Sloane??? Bines.

Spanner · 07/06/2019 at 11:56

Whitfield to Ryan, Laird or Sicily?

Dingus · 07/06/2019 at 16:19

I went with Stewart but Lairds my pick from those 3

Nathan · 07/06/2019 at 18:09

Yeah he has been extremely consistent this year but I'll have to get him in after his bye

James · 07/06/2019 at 16:53