PODCAST | Operation: Get Good Players (Like Noah Balta)

HE’S DONE IT. He’s bloody DONE it, community – Noah Batla is the single greatest Supercoach selection to have ever lived. If you’ve got him, throw the C on him. If you don’t have him, move heaven and earth to bring him in ASAP, if not sooner. He’s the greatest Supercoacher to have ever Supercoached bar NONE.

Gone is the Noah Balta of old, who scored like I did in every third-grade match I ever played in (i.e., never passing 50 and averaging “30-odd” which was actually low 20s), and here we have the Noah Balta 2: Electric Boogaloo. 2 Noah 2 Balta. iBalta 2.0. You name it, he’s come again.

Now that’s out of the way, Damo and Patch can discuss what’s happening in the world of Supercoach. They talk how to bring in these uber-premos, what to do about the lack of rookies – omitting to mention Declan Kielty because he shouldn’t be fantasy relevant, and also because they forgot him – and how on earth we should deal with the byes.

So, community, strap yourself in for a Lek-less podcast (get well soon, Lek) full of chunky goodness and the midfield premium who may well be the steal of the year. Will you be bringing in the Sloane Ranger?

1. Ken says:

Is josh Kelly great pickup ? Or will he miss games here and there ??

2. Ned_Starkers says:

Fkn hallelujah… Cersei finally out of my side with a permanent concussion. And I’ve decided I won’t be trading in Gregor Kligane – he might be tough as rocks but I reckon he’s suffering a little burn out.

• Moustachio says:

Took a chance and stuck the VC on Khaleesi, came through for me with the double ton. She was just everywhere.

• Russty_ says:

Dracarus had a hot game, was really burning up the track..and all the spectators lol

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Brought Jamie Lannister in this week, was really hoping he'd score well against Euron Greyjoy. He managed to get the win but still didnt crack the ton, looks like he got an LTI towards the end of the game as well

• Jack says:

I don’t know about this khaleesi.. I recon she could be a a bit of a burn-man

• Lekdog says:

Caleb Daniel better do something exciting next week, I've brought him in to round out the season

• Eagling says:

I'm just glad to have my Perma-Captain Sansa Stark back from the bye this week. Might have to deal with a Drogon tag but she's already handled years of those from Baratheon, Bolton and Baelish.

3. Derek says:

Any Norf fans know about Curtis Taylor’s JS?

Played 1 game. Only $117k and has DPP

I’ve heard he goes alright

• Moustachio says:

I heard he scored 31 SC from 8 touches…

• NoLanguage96 says:

I'd wait and see with him, could be a similar story to Scott. Plays a couple and then gets dropped

• Russty_ says:

Likely to be dropped this week Derek according to afl.com.au

• Hazey says:

If he gets into the Brag Scott Fan Boyz lineup he won't miss until the day he retires. Once you're in, you could have one leg, kick 12 pts straight, abduct a koala and good still get a game!

• MarsupialsRule says:

Nah he'd miss for abducting a koala Hazey,
        coz I'd break his legs for being a poacher

4. Jeffrey says:

Thoughts on trading goldy to Grundy and Walsh to macrae after a double downgrade last week?

5. Derek says:

15th June 2009 isn’t far away.

This year will be the 10th anniversary of Zac Dawson scoring is one and only SuperCoach tonne.

105 beautiful points against the Tigers.

If Zac can do it, so can Noah Balta.

• Russty_ says:

It's a shame he left to Freo with Ross before someone in Melbourne could hold him accountable for his part in losing our 3 grand final chances in 2009 / 2010…lol, he wouldn't have lasted long there unless he got his useless ass out of the firing line.
      Heard he's now selling commercial real estate, hope his next sale is infested with Termites….lol

• Patch says:

God you're inspiration Derek

• JayM says:

How dare you compare a SP like Balta with that trash Dawspud!

6. Rocksta_ says:

Surely Sloane is a good trade in option at $522K yea? He’s averaging 110, which I noticed is the same as his last non injury affected season in 2017. He also averaged 109 in 2016, again in a non injury affected season. I reckon getting a proven 110 averaging mid for $522K is a bargain.
    Thoughts?

• Moustachio says:

Good plan as long as you have or are saving room for the ultra scorers.

• Rick Grimes says:

Does he get tagged and stink it up? Always the concern with that man.

• Derek says:

He has been playing a fair bit in the forward line and not getting as much of the ball as you would think. But playing forward probably means he gets less attention, especially as there are two Crouches to worry about.

He had a huge last quarter and you could see he was trying to be the one to lead the team. He is a tough bugger and doesn’t miss too many games

I think 110 is where he is at. Nothing wrong with that, especially as you are buying him to average about 100.

I think Rocky is better value for $40k less if you want a bargain premium, otherwise go the Uber

• Cpt Pugwash says:

He’s got a few tags coming his way. Hold all bets.

• Maverick_ says:

Mentioned last night in a post rocksta Sloane has de boer & hutchings coming before his bye. Sloane scored a 78 v St Kilda 2 weeks ago was possibly tagged by Steele? Still very cheap though

7. Rick Grimes says:

Josh Dunkley. Back to back 130s. Rolling through the guts. Averaged similar back end of 2018 when given opportunities. $500k. I'll have me some of that.

8. Binga says:

Thoughts on Seb Ross?

9. Jess says:

Drew to stocker and walsh to j kelly

Or

Walsh to stocker and scrim to sicily

?

• Cpt Pugwash says:

I’d hold both Drew and Walsh. Rookie JS through byes is uber important.

• RobDogs says:

Drew has first bye, hold til then, especially with Wines out. Showdown was a wet ball slugfest, Drew will appreciate more from here. Bye structure has to be your focus.

10. KSinny says:

Would love some advise in what to do with my team this week guys 🙂 currently I have 22 trades and $192k.

DEF: Sicily, Williams, Smith, Moore, Answerth, Hore
    (Burgess, Lockhart)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Cogs, Sloane, M. Crouch, Fyfe, Walsh, Duursma
    (Hayes, Scott, Gibbons)

RUC: Gawn, Goldy (O'Brien)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Boak, Drew, Petruccelle (Balta, Bines)

• Derek says:

You should be looking at another premium defender, Laird best value.

Whitfield in 3 weeks when he bottoms out.

Do you want to keep Walsh, or is he ok to go?

• KSinny says:

I'm looking at both Lloyd and Whitfield when they've hot there cheapest price so probably won't get a defender this week. Thinking either Duursma to Hatley (if he's named) and Petruccule to Marshall/Dunkley or Walsh to Dunkley.

• Cpt Pugwash says:

Look to improve your M/F DPP links.

Here’s how and you can upgrade your points and still pocket $.

Upgrade Goldy to Grundy. Trade Moore to Larky via Duursma DPP move to DEF > Drew DPP move to MID.

Pocket the $200K change. Ready to go again.

Note: Larky scores same as Moore and JS very good and bye in Rnd 14.

• KSinny says:

Cheers mate, not sure why I said I have Goldy 🤣 I've had Grundy from the start.

• Cpt Pugwash says:

Your sorted then.

Recommend a mock work through of your DPP’s for each round to ID your issues and the plan for them. Rank rises will be huge this year with lack of rookies coming through.

Think a lot of people are going to trade for cash and find their downgrade option a bit skinny and getting dropped during byes.

• KSinny says:

So u reckon just Moore to larky so I can get dpp in all positions? Gives me $394k to upgrade and 21 trades left.

11. Mattyboy says:

After the communities thoughts on a couple trades. My team stands as

Laird, T.Stewart, Williams, Rich, B.Smith, Dursma (Clark, Burgess)
    Neal, Cripps, Fyfe, Oliver, Rockliff, Walsh, Libba, Counstrable (Answerth, Setterfield, Scott)
    Grundy, Gawn (b.williams)
    T.Kelly, Dangerfield, Billings, D.Moore, Drew, Baker (balta, petruccelle)

I've got 51k in the bank and 22trades left

I've been thinking libba to hately if he plays and dursma to Sloan via DPP leaves me 137k. Then next week drew to boak through another downgrade (hopefully something comes up!)
    Any better options out there?

12. TelescopicCox says:

Liking the look of Dunkley while he is still at a relatively low price.

Early move is Walsh & Petruccelle > Dunkley & Stocker, although this leaves me with 2 mid rookies on field

• Swans2012 says:

I’d be looking elsewhere if it still leaves 2 mid rookies on field, who would they be out of interest?

• TelescopicCox says:

It would most likely be Lockhart and one of Hayes/Stocker/Setterfield, so I'm looking at around 130 combined points at best

Other option is to go Walsh & Petch > J.Kelly & Stocker/Hately (whoever is named)

• Swans2012 says:

I know he’s probably going to drop a bit of coin, but if your still fielding rookies I’d be trying to hold Walsh, he could easily put on another run of decent 100 scores. Whereas you know your not going to get that out of the others, so no other way of getting to dunkley? Petch down to stocker, ???? Up to dunkley (dunkley is the cheapest decent chance of a top 6 player in any position this week for me).
          Otherwise if it’s gotta be then it’s gotta be, just play the 2 rooks for another week or two…

• Kelly and Hately/Stocker in a blink at least I am thinking that or sloan

• Jess says:

Who isnt 'still fielding rookies'?

Can anyone post a good team without rookies please.

2 on field in mids should be the norm

• redherringfc says:

I’ve got 3, 3 and 1 on field. Counting Moore in defence and Walsh in Mids as rookies.

Anyone not fielding rookies must have a hell of a lot of mid priced players.

• Swans2012 says:

I’m only fielding O’Brien this week if buddy (who I’ve benched the last 3) and Whitfield gets up, but I’ve got plenty of midpricers to eventually upgrade over the byes, Moore, libba, brouch and brayshaw (and maybe Brodie smith I guess), thought I’d give midpriced madness a run!

• Cpt Pugwash says:

Stocker bad JS. Zero points during byes. Keep Walsh.

13. Gibbs says:

Looking at 4 midfielders all around similar price, who Should I trade in out of J Kelly, Trelore, JPK and Z Merret? All present reasonable value around 570-590 k and averaging low 110s. Which is the best option? Leaning towards Kelly for his high ceiling

14. Rivo says:

Time for Libba to go. Have the Uber premos in Neale, Cripps, FYFE & Macrae. So a couple of options so far…

1. Libba & Parker to Oliver & Ham or
    2. Libba & Ross to Sloane & Hatley?

15. iLoveNMFC says:

Walsh up to Hurn, Dunkley or J Kelly/Z Merrett?

16. DavidC says:

So Shai Bolton gets in the AFL team of the week but doesn't get the rising star nomination, seems a bit inconsistent.

17. Sana says:

I'm on Rowan Marshall this week. The bloke is spewing out SC points everywhere… 108 avg if you take out the so-called 'gastro' game. Why take a Dunkley or Daniel for 60-70k more when Bevo could shuffle them to less lucrative positions at any point?

• Swans2012 says:

I’ve had him since the bubble, Seems like he’ll average 95+ from here, bit of a worry bringing him in before the grundy game but long term he’ll be fine I think…. remember the gastro game might really have just been the “gawn” game

• Rick Grimes says:

That's a fair point. But he's got some tougher ruck opponents coming up. I don't feel like he's a guy who is suddenly going to be $600k+. So I can pick him up around $500k when/if it suits. Has been super solid mind you.

• Sana says:

I was thinking along similar lines, but have watched him over a few weeks: 119 vs McEvoy, 108 vs Mumford is not to be sniffed at. Think I'll take him with a BE of 57 even if it is vs Grundy

• Twilightingale says:

His only poor score against Gawn and plays Grundy this week. I would wait a week

• Sana says:

Apparently half the Saints had gastro at this time including Marashall… I admit I don't know the full story around this, but per above he's scored well against established rucks

• Holty01 says:

Hi Sana. Are you certain he had gastro in this game? I thought he missed the following week due to gastro?

• Sana says:

Hi Holty. No, I'm not certain. It's my only concern around this move, that he may have in fact just been trounced by Gawn. But he was definitely out the following week, so whether he was already struggling when up against gawn is the big question…

• Dont think Longer is a worry for him now,real talent this kid wish the dees had him instead of Pruess

18. Daniel says:

Not sure which option to go. Got 23 trades and 374k left.
    Do I go Walsh and Drew to Macrae and T. Kelly or do I go Walsh and Atkins to Macrae and Stocker?

Any thoughts would be great.

19. Streaker says:

This is why I double down graded lat week to let me upgrade from Scrimshaw to Fyfe with $56k left over. The only rookie worth looking at is Hately and his js is cloudy.

• DavidC says:

Yeh, I made sure I had enough cash to do an upgrade this week. There doesn't look to be any rooks for next week either, hopefully a few debut's this week. I will probably get Hately if he is named, seems to be a high scorer.

• Pistolas de Espana says:

RCD will get a game for the Tiges IMO. But his JS will directly match Cotch's return.

20. Derek says:

JR SURVIVOR GROUPS

Forget about Melbourne's thrilling win last week, or Liverpool and Spurs come from behind victory's in the champions league. JR Survivor had all the thrills and spills that we have expecting would happen.

Division 2 had 1 point separating the 3 bottom teams. Rick Grimes, a great community member was unlucky to score 2136 and be the lowest scorer (he would have survived in any of the other groups), he was only 1 point behind Guys Being Doedees & Ya hate to see it, who both scored 2137. Ya hate to see it survives this week because of his better overall ranking (2166 to 12262).

The surviving teams are now in the TOP 10 of their division, we have the 3 weeks leading to the byes to reduce it down to the top 4, who will go onto the Champion of champions division to be run after the byes.

As per the rules of the competition, the two lowest weekly scores from each division are eliminated each week, unless you have immunity.

This weeks Eliminated teams are:

Div 1 – Bennell 4 Brownlow & Carlton Crew

Div 2 – Rick Grimes & Guys Being Doedees

Div 3 – Pu$$y Patrol & The Fishermen

Div 4 – The Martini Police & Toni's Legends

Div 5 – trashcans & Wonky for Ronke

No one needed to use their Immunity necklace this week

I have removed the above teams from the game.

This weeks top scorers all have immunity this week, getting to the pointy end, this will be very important.

Div 1 – Mumford_and_slugs (2207)
    Div 2 – Tydesy22 (2251)
    Div 3 – Stompers (2331)
    Div 4 – demons delight (2358)
    Div 5 – Holt (2305)

Good luck everyone

21. Steve says:

Hey community, what recommendations would you make for trades this week?

Currently i have 26 trades remaining and 2k in the bank.

DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Hore, Duursma, Clark (Answerth, Burgess)

MID: Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Treloar, Oliver, Crouch, Constable, Stack ( Scott, Atkins, Butters)

RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (O'Brien)

FWD: Danger, Kelly, Dunkley, Heeney, Miers, Drew (Setters, Parker)

• Sam_01 says:

None Steve potentially grab stocker make some cash but there’s is no rookies that are locks this week wait for sides

22. DavidC says:

Shaun Grigg just retired.

23. Stacky23 says:

Wals/Libba to Hately and Parker to Jake LLoyd
    or atkins to Stocker and Drew to Stewart
    or atkins to stocker and constable to dunkley
    Or atkisn to stocker and walsh/libba to any premo other than neale
    Hurn,Crisp,William,Hore,Duursma,Clark (Answert,Burgess)
    Cripps,Macrae,Yeo,Crouch,Coniglio,Walsh,Libba,Constable (Stack,Hayes,Atkins)
    Grundy, Gawn (O'Brien)
    Kelly,Dangerfield,Heeney,Daniel,Drew,Setterfield (Parker,Balta)

24. Ricky says:

Thoughts on Daniel rich as a pod guys?

25. Derek says:

Hey Shake. Do you like any of my trade offers in Draft?

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Assessing your offer of Yeo for Laird in draft mate. Just need to check my structures to see if this is a viable switch for the Tophawks side. Made an offer to Superchumps. That outcome will enable me to make a decision on your offer. Cheers Derek. TH

• Shake_n_bake says:

Haven’t really looked on here or sc last few days Derek been interstate. I will look tomorrow morning.

26. Derek says:

Would Logue be in Fremantle’s best 22?

Has played a couple of games in the seconds and might get a game this week. Couple be a downgrade option to go early on if he has good JS

27. G.C. says:

Getting really into the meat of the season now, and it's time to go premo shopping.

21 Trades, $285,900 Cash

DEF: Hurn, Williams, Crisp, Hore, Duursma, Lockhart (Scrimshaw, Answerth)
    MID: Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Oliver, Macrae, M. Crouch, Walsh, Constable (Gibbons, Aktins, Hayes)
    RUC: Grundy, Goldstein (O'Brien)
    FWD: Danger, Kelly, Worpel, Moore, Drew, Parker (Corbett, Bines)

Thinking about getting rid of Parker to Daniel. I'd love to grab Boak before the byes, but with his BE I'll wait a week at least. I need more help in Defense too, but my Round 13 bye already needs boosting, so I'm hesitant about bringing in Lloyd.

Cheers everyone

• Redd says:

Like the Daniel trade! A suitable downgrade for scrimshaw would be my next move although i see you have answerth and lockhart already… keilty joyce and rotham on the bubble not sure if any of them have a chance of playing though.

• Russty_ says:

Keilty will be out for Preuss this week, Joyce isn't first choyce 😉 Rotham…can't get a gig…unlucky.

• NoLanguage96 says:

Maybe grab a Sicily or a Laird

28. PizzaSafety says:

Who should come in first: Noah Balta or Daniel Rich?

29. The Three Amigos ,HOLT FINN DAZ need all the advice that we the community can give ,and there are many good coaches willing to do just that.Hollty said he would cull Walsh dependent on Fyfe and M crouch.playing ,but who to.My team is very similar to Holty with only Sloan and Oliver the prem difference.I am bringing in Sloan this week for Walsh. so we will be even closer. The three I think in Holty/s mix ,if he completes his mids are OLIVER( Bad bye) Kelly and Bont. If he chooses Oliver then his round 13 bye drops by one and this could spell danger,Against that can he afford to give points away I would go Oliver The other two amigos need to play a non risk game also and will creep up Take all the advice in fellas then make a wise call unlike our pretend rank leaders last year who wouldn't Best of luck to the Three Amigos NDD

• Daz says:

Thanks NDD, byes are pretty balanced, trading based on them rd 12- 5 (if i macrae this wk) rd 13- 7 (including heeny) rd 14- 3 (not including likes of z.williams, b.smith and b crouch who am likely to punt. Would love to go hard on rd 13 players, so many temptations but i know byes are key, few years ago I went from like 3000th-ish to the top 100. Really wanna hold drew and durssma this week too as easy opp might result in a few more weeks life.

• Punting Williams and Smith just shows where I am as I reckon both are keepers ,though i only have Smith. Holty's bye s also look good and that's probably why he won't go Oliver. That's an amazing rise probably 200 plus it just goes to show about planning. For what it's worth mine are 11 /8 10/5 and13/7 so like most Round 13 is the one however Clarke,Hore Petrol and Locky should right the boat Best of luck to you Daz you have been a stalwart of my A Graders for a while now Cheers NDD

• Derek says:

byes can be tricky and i've seen many good players rocket up during them.

Last year i did the exact opposite, but at least i know where i went wrong and am on the way to fix it this year.

Bye rounds is when you can get 'free hits' with your players on field. forget about looping rookies, you can have 22 on field but only the BEST 18 score. Round 14 is the easiest round to do this.

feels like i will have a weak round 13, so i'm looking at a few of my rookies who are playing round 13 who have good JS and score ok. IE Duursma, Scrimshaw, Drew, ROB, hayes, and holding them to round 13, looking at trading out the non-round 13 rookies first IE Constable, Atkins, Lockhart, Hore, Moore, Answerth

• is your last paragraph correct mate

• Derek says:

i would usually be looking at trading out Scrimshaw, Drew, hayes and Duursma before they have their bye in round 12. just common sense.

however my round 12 is looking fine, might even field 21.

the rookies who have the round 13 bye, like Constable, Atkins, Lockhart, Hore, Moore, Answerth, i would be looking at trading them out sooner than the round 12 bye rookies, cause i need warm bodies in round 13.

this might just be my problem and everyone else has the byes all sorted

• Holty01 says:

thanks Neil. All advice is welcome.👍

30. Redd says:

Walsh gone for eitha fyfe mcrae or sloan im leaning towards fyfe?? Isaac Heeney is killing me this year want to rage trade him to Tim Kelly but probably not the smartest idea?? Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

• Sam_01 says:

Mcrae is dead cheap right now, great time to get him in! Also Fyfe is life would be targeting them both

31. sam says:

options?????
    trades 1- drew to corbett and petrucelle to gunston (means i can get lloyd in next week (BE of 149))
    trade 2- drew to corbett and duursma to stewart ( means i can get walters next week (BE of 129 and) but not lloyd next week)

• Sam_01 says:

Wouldn’t be jumping on Corbett after his initial price rise! Like the Stewart pick though, will be targeting him myself

• redherringfc says:

Do you have any decent option to bring Stocker in?

• Lazza says:

A week late on Corbett… but he only went up $34k so still at Top 10 rookie price

• Russty_ says:

I'd prefer Larkey over Corbett, Corbett's consistent but Larkey has the higher ceiling, are Gunston and Walters top 6 forwards?…not sure this year.
      Have you considered Marshall?…Stewart's a solid pick I reckon.

32. redherringfc says:

Is it too early to start talking how many weeks/trades to get to full premium?

I need 7 upgrades to get to full premium and probably 12 trades if I shop wisely. Hopefully I’ll get there at the end of the byes and have 8 or 9 trades left.

Where is everyone else at?

• Swans2012 says:

I reckon I’ll have 7 left by the time I dick around upgrading midpricers, this will hopefully include being able to keep Moore as a swinging d7/f7 with burgess, unless I need to chop him for the cash. This’ll be after the byes I guess, no rookies on field either next week or the week after hopefully, then midpricers fixed by end of byes.

• Sam_01 says:

Are you counting the likes of Brodie smith and Williams as keepers or thOes players doing alright but perhaps not quite enough?

• Sam_01 says:

1. Smith
        2. Moore
        3. Duursma
        4. Wilkie
        5. Stack
        6. Walsh
        7. Drew
        They are all my playing rookies needing to go perhaps heeney and Williams aswell will probably need the same amount of trades as you mentioned

• Swans2012 says:

Im working on one of smith and Williams ending up d6 for me, maybe I’ll keep both at d6/7 and punt Moore. I’ll see what happens in the byes, that’s when I’ll upgrade them if needed….on second thought surely Williams averaging 96 is a keeper at the moment! Even smiths 91 would be decent for a defender most years but I can’t see him keeping it up….

• redherringfc says:

Pretty sure Smith and Williams will have to stay in my team as “premiums”. My other 20 players will be true premiums, as long as Heeney and Dunkley keep that tag.

• Swans2012 says:

Smith and Williams are certainly at the tail end of the upgrades! I can see them staying in my team too, It becomes do you upgrade them or keep that extra injury trade…..

• Derek says:

its the time to be counting your coins and loose change and finding out if you can afford to get to full premium or do you need a couple of 'value premiums' (you know the ones that you pretend are premiums – like Rocky at the end of last year)

need to get the calculator out soon and work out how much cash generation is still left in your non-keepers. Work out what you can cash them in for (assuming there are rookies to go down to) and divide all that into how many premium upgrades you still need. This will give you an Average buy price for your premiums. If you don't like the look of it, you still need to be concentrating on making coin rather than spending it.

• Holty01 says:

Ideally by rd15 I’d love to be full premo. Earlier if possible. 8 trades left

• Rocksta_ says:

After this weeks trades I’ll have 5 upgrades still to make to get to full Premo, and should have 8 trades left at full premo (Baring LTI required trades- hope not). Note though I am counting Williams and Smith as Defensive Locks. Will look to upgrade Smith as a luxury trade late in the season.

33. Sj34 says:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on worpel? Jaeger? Toby Greene?

With 300k in bank, I Have the option to get in josh Kelly and Fyfe by moving one of them with my plan to offload Whitfield as a way off cash generation as there are no Rookies worth getting this week.

Perhaps Kelly and hurn is another option?

34. Duckz says:

Hey community!

Need some advice on what to do this week (if required)

23 trades, $100,600 in the bank, 682 overall rank

DEF: Laird, Williams, Smith, Moore, Hore, Duursma (clark, Answerth)
    MID: Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Macrae, Crouch, Cogs, Walsh, Stack ( Gibbons, Hayes, Scott )
    FWD: Mundy, Kelly, Dangerfield, Heeney, Rozee, Drew ( Parker, Setterfield )

Any advice would be much appreciated!!!

• Sam_01 says:

Could look to flick Walsh duckz, my toss up now is bye planning
      I’ll probably look to upgrade Walsh and stack then, there isn’t many good rookies to go down to,
      Sloane is great value right now so a straight swap from Walsh to Sloane could be an option, I’d probably be holding this week though mate, see what rookies next week brings

• redherringfc says:

Great rank.

I’d want to get rid of Parker asap. If you get a premium in the forwards you might as well get rid of Rozee as well, otherwise Drew sits on the bench.

I don’t think you can do it, but Rozee and Parker to Stocker and Boak/dunkley via dpp’s would be good.

Maybe Hurn and Larkey for Duursma and Parker/Rozee, if money permits. Larkey could be the best downgrade this week, but not ideal. You’d have to hope Larkey scores ok.

I’ve now confused myself, but maybe it gives you something to have a look at.

35. Jeff says:

Lachie Weller as a POD in DEF?

36. Sam_01 says:

Community I need to pounce on josh kelly this week I’ve decided, Walsh or Steele is gonna get the chop (not sure why I started Steele) anyhow I’m sitting just outside the top 1k
    1. Steele straight swap to josh kelly
    2. Walsh to kelly Atkins to stocker just short on cash for a straight swap or any other rookie???

• Derek says:

i think Rowbottom will get a game this week and they might give him a few

• Sam_01 says:

Yeah but gee that bloke is a spud at afl level
        46 and a 32
        I guess Walsh and Steele will both leave my side at some point, who should I flick first given the rookie situation

37. GloryDays94 says:

Still have absolutely no clue what to do this week:
    Advice is welcome!

21 trades, 392k in bank
    Ross injured makes things hard…

Laird, Hurn, Williams, Smith, Hore, Duursma (Answerth, Burgess)

MacRae, Cripps, Fyfe, Crouch, Steele, Walsh, Gibbons (Ross, Hayes, Scott)

Gawn, Goldy (Sweet)

Danger, Kelly, Heeney, Moore, Drew, Setterfield (Parker, Corbett)

• KSinny says:

Maybe Trade Gibbons to a defender premo using Duursma dpp? Or just straight up to a Midfield premo.

• GloryDays94 says:

Really want to double up if I can

• KSinny says:

If u went Walsh up to Oliver that would leave u with 262k or Sloane 309k. Then u could do Duursma to any defender u want or again go Gibbons to the backline by swapping Duursma and get almost any defender.

• redherringfc says:

Pretty sure Steele and Drew gets you to Oliver and Boak.

Might even be able to hang on to Drew for another week and dump Parker.

38. Dash says:

360K. Looking at your best two trade ideas this week. Thanks in advance.
    Laird, Sicily, Whitfield, D Moore, Duursma, Collins, (Clark, Answerth)
    Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Setterfield, Hayes, (Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
    Gawn, Grundy, (Bines)
    Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Balta, Parker (Burgess, Corbett)

39. Joel says:

is brayshaw to rocky a good trade only need to spend 11k?
    very good draw coming up for port adelaide and wines out for a month.

40. Maverick_ says:

Damo Your boy sloane has a run in with hutchings & de boer pre bye..
    that is a huge "X" for me. could potentially pick him up for 500k post bye if he's still unable to shake a tag?
    but his price with an avg of 110 is certainly tempting for a POD for some.
    I do need to upgrade brayshaw but i think kelly will get the nod

• Russty_ says:

Does Sloaney cop the auto-tag though Mav with 2 Crouches and Eliis Yoelman all going ok too?

• Maverick_ says:

sloane's very damaging can hurt any team on any given day but it's proven he cant play through a tag if I was GWS and WCE i'd be looking to close him out early? I see sloane had a 78 V st kilda could that have been a tag from steele or just a down day?
        His serious value atm I'm not saying don't get him just wanted to make people aware of de boer and hutchings in the next month 🙂

• Russty_ says:

True dat, something to think about for sure, he could end up at 450 in a few weeks if he does gets worn like a cheap suit.
          I'd say Steele went to him for sure when he got his 78.

• Tiger says:

Both those games against them are at home in Adelaide where he scores well. He’s been playing well whilst the teams being struggling. I believe worth the price as most likely a top 10 defender.

41. Russty_ says:

Worth keeping Ross as a perma-loophole in the mids or better to move him on to Stocker?

• Maverick_ says:

as a captain or midfield bench loop russty?
      I looked into his next 5-6 weeks looks to have a few friday/thursday night matches coming up which basically makes looping bench players scores impossible mate. Look to make the cash i reckon

• Russty_ says:

Either or Mav but I have Bines and Burgess still so thanks for that info…probably go Stocker then, thanks again bud.

42. josh says:

Thoughts on Mitch Duncan as an ultra pod?

• Swoopsta says:

I'm thinking of doing the same. Ultra consistent and reliable, and flies under the radar on that Geelong team.
      Only concern is too many geelong players in the team with Danger, Kelly & Sewart. If Geelong have bad game then risk 4 players being unders; HOWEVER geelong are flying atm.
      I reckon it's a good safe POD.

43. Swoopsta says:

Have Gawn & Grundy and ROB on bench.
    Is it too late to bring in Z.Clarke as ruck cover since i will be cashing in ROB after his Bye?
    or is it waste of money since Gawndy are reliable??

• Browncow says:

Prob not worth it unless Bellchambers went down Swoopsta. I think he only played last week with TBC under an injury cloud and Daniher out. Draper might even have played if he didn’t do his knee. If one of the forward/rucks has a bad game later you might be able to bring them in at F7 to swap with Bines etc at R3. Also keep an eye out for the young Port ruckmen Frampton and Ladhams in the next few weeks while ROB maxes out.

44. Russty_ says:

A lot of Coaches are trading out Atkins this week, I reckon he's a keeper until the end of the season.
    Played all 8 rounds and whilst not a spectacular scorer, could provide valuable back up at the pointy end.
    They said he had a hammy but it was a corked hip, he's a tough unit so might play this week. He's a test.
    Also, Parker, as erratic as his scoring is, he's played all 8 rounds as well, Coach must see something in him, besides his impressive body-art.
    Balta's only missed the one game also, tall, raw 19 year old kid, but has plenty of fitness, heart and speed…reckon he'll be a beauty for the Tigers in the future.
    Their injury list is allowing these kids like Balta, Baker, Stack, and Ross to get valuable gametime..not Ross for awhile though.
    It'd be nice if the Saints had any idea how to recruit good young players with potential.

• TBone_9 says:

Yeah I think you might be right about Atkins Russty. Although if I start to run out of cash he may have to be culled at some point. I really like the look of Balta, and although he hasn’t been outstanding he shows a lot of promise. He’s more likely to be one I feel I keep warming the bench for the rest of the year

• Russty_ says:

Cheers TBone, I'm just thinking about conserving trades where possible, the most important trades you make are in the last 3-4 weeks in the finals, but you need to have trades left first.
        I mostly play for Leagues, but obviously always want to rank well too, but last year I had 3 injuries in the Grand final round and had no trades to help me get over the line.
        Tried to hold onto trades as long as I could but we all know last year was a big ole cluster fk at the end.

• COREYSC says:

I have 26 trades left is a downgrade Atkins to Stocker then Upgrade Parker to Daniel appropriate?

• Sorry mate i disagree Atkins has to go will never pump out big scores and aside from tackling is generally useless ,however I do like your theory with leagues and the preservation of trades. I think there are better ' rookie keepers' in defence Duursma Locky Hore and Answerth come to mind Only my thoughts russty and probably wrong good luck bud NDD

45. NoLanguage96 says:

Is Stocker worth the trade in? Thinking of sitting on trades this week but if he is in their 22 might be worth going Atkins > Stocker and pocketing the $$$

• Russty_ says:

Stocker's a high draft pick so he should get a good chance to play, did well last week I thought, just got unlucky with some frees against, did some good things but made a few errors as well, to be expected from a young-un. He has a solid body though..good for the durability factor.
      Atkins had a hip corky and could play this week… Is listed as a test. I'm viewing Atkins as a season keeper.
      I'd say it depends on how many trades you have left…if you're short on Moolah and have 20+ trades it might be a move to make.

46. Browncow says:

I’m with you Russty – he came back on for a while which was a good sign. Nice to have someone keeping your bench warm on each line. Have been thinking the same about Duursma but worth a bit more and know I will get greedy at some stage.

47. Russty_ says:

Just wondering if Clarry Oliver cops the automatic Hutchings tag after last week and how has he handled tags in the past?…cheers.

• Rocksta_ says:

I’d say definitely Russty. He has been known to struggle with a Tag at times

• Russty_ says:

It's tough mate cause I'd love to use Oliver or Gawn as VC but Preuss is playing this week and Oliver to get tagged, might have to re-think it.

• Rocksta_ says:

I love Clarry but probably wouldn’t go the VC option on him this week. You’d think he’s odds on to cop the Hutchings tag. I also can’t decide whom to VC out of Gawn and Grundy. I’ve gone Grundy for now but both have favourable match ups this week and could go huge.

• Russty_ says:

Gawn doesn't really have a great matchup as Hickey could come in to thwart him, maybe with Vardy too.
            Hickey was in great form before his injury…Grundy should smash Marshall though. If I had Grundy, I'd use him.
            Cheers mate.

• Rocksta_ says:

Cheers for the heads up. Yea, Grundy should absolutely dominate the Ruck this week. If he plays anything like he did last week could go 150 plus.

• Derek says:

I remember he got tagged last year and he just went into the forward line. As you know, Melbourne’s forward line can be a tough place to score points

He did make 15 tackles last week, his shoulders are fine

• Harmes might go to Hutchy wouldn't that be something eh Rust

48. Russty_ says:

No excuses for not watching on the Monday Hed…you knew it was gonna happen anyway :), it's the natural order of G.O.T.
    People die, in this case, a lot of people haha

49. Brendo says:

Don’t know what to do…. $197,800 left and 22 trades

Def: Whitfield, Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Hore, Duursma (Answerth, Watson)

Mid: Neale ,Cripps, Fyfe, Bont, Macrae, Coniglio, Walsh, Stack (Gibbons, Scott, Hind)

Ruck: Gawn, O’Brien (Alabakis)

Forward: Danger, Heeney, Billings, Drew, Parker, Bolta (Setterfield, Cottrell)

• Rocksta_ says:

You need to get a few of those forward rookies off the field. Not many downgrade Rookies available but perhaps trade Gibbons or Scott down to Stoker or Hately ( if he’s named), and upgrade Drew or Parker to Dunkley, Daniel or T Kelly.

50. RoyWetard says:

I'm in a position where I'm not going to win the 50k so I think I'll bring in Duncan (or the Yeo-Yeo) instead of Macrae or Oliver for fun. BTW David Mundy's averaged 118 after R2.

• Derek says:

I was clever and started with Mundy……. but was un-clever and traded him out after his 35 from 60% TOG in week 2.

I think Blakely will be named this week which could hurt Mundy (and Walters).

• I did the same as Derek and regret it might be old but still good and probably a F6

• The Ranger says:

I traded him after the 35 too. I can't watch Freo games now.
          You'd think I might have learnt my lesson after I traded out Menegola after two rounds last year but apparently not!

• Stacky23 says:

same mistake here, i refuse to trade him back in, lucky the man i traded him for in Kelly is tearing it up

51. The unsullied says:

Need a round 14 bye premium mid, currently only have Cripps, would love to get Kelly but high risk. What do people think the top four premo mids with round 14 bye are.

52. COREYSC says:

Thoughts on Caleb Daniel a score of 77 last week only 16 touches did anyone watch the game has Suckling and Johannisen affected his score no doubt the Bulldogs love the have the ball in the hands of Suckling

• Derek says:

Suckling was playing as the main man in defence. Daniels was on be wing and JJ on the other

Suckling did go forward for a while and JJ was taking most of the kicks.

If been trying to sell him off in my draft

• COREYSC says:

Ok so maybe bring in Mundy instead for Parker and then bring in Boak once his price drops for Drew

• Derek says:

Barkley is very likely to play this week. He will be straight into the guts, Walters will be pushed to the forward line and Mundy back to his 60% TOG

• COREYSC says:

Fark now I have no clue who to upgrade Parker to haha Boak I guess but maybe I should wait? May just have to go early and hope so pumps out a big score against Gold Coast

53. 69;0 says:

Get Boak in this week or wait a few and get dunkley this week?

54. Jess says:

I'm looking ahead to who will be the top 8 mids.

In my team atm i have neale, cripps, fyfe, macrae,oliver and.m crouch

Who would people consider top 8?

• Derek says:

JKelly would be in the discussion

Especially when you look at rounds 20, 21, 22 & 23 – our SC Finals. Swans, Hawks, Dogs & Suns.

3 out of last 4 at home.

• Sana says:

Hi Jess, I have exactly those 6 mids myself.. The list for the last 2 spots is lengthy at this point. My top choices at this point are: Bont, Merrett, Gaff and JKelly, not necessarily in that order. Sloane, JPK and even Treloar or Duncan could tempt me. Byes will play a part for sure. Decisions…

• FearTheBeard says:

I have Cripps, Fyfe, Macrae (want Neale). Think Rocky is holding his spot Cogs is there and can't justify a trade.

I would want to add Jkelly & Bont/Gaff/Sloane//Trealor as my finals.

• The Ranger says:

I think most would agree on the first four but after that it's really hard to be certain Jess.
      I'm with Derek on J.Kelly being in there if he stays on the park and Oliver should be in that group if he's on form.
      After that there's a long list…Bont, Merrett, M.Crouch, Cogs, Gaff, Sloane, Treloar…any of Yeo, Pendles, Kennedy, Duncan could go on a run of form too. And Ben Cunnington is ticking along nicely after 8 rounds.
      I'd look at the fixture and pick accordingly.

At the moment I have Neale, Cripps, Fyfe. Macrae, Treloar and Cogs and I'll be looking to add Kelly and the Bont if I can.

• JohnDJ59 says:

The top eight players that I would like in my mids at year end would be, Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Bont/Macrae, Oliver, M.Crouch, J.Kelly/Cogs, T.Kelly. I put T.Kelly in there as a loop with the fwd line. I will also look at one of each of my doubled up players, since I don't like more than one player from a team. You are doing very well since you already have six.

• Derek says:

What do we do when Titch makes a surprise return round 20 to help the Hawks make the finals? 😉

• Derek says:

Andrew Gaff will be there about.

No one has him because he missed the first couple of games, plus he is from the west and his name isn’t Fyfe.

Averaging 107, including the game at the Catery were they were smashed.

Has the round 13 bye, so I’ll keave him until then.

Has the added advantage of having dog dog tapping it down to him for the second half of the season.

I’m leaving a bit of room for him

• Jess says:

Thanks. My obvious concern is that i need to upgrade elsewhere, and all the aforementioned mids i need (minus merrett) have a BE below 101. Will be paying overs for them all in a few weeks

• Jess says:

And if kelly continues to score well against weak opponents, he will be unreachable. Makes me want to move heaven and earth to get kelly this week

55. FearTheBeard says:

Worth parting with O'Brien a week or 2 early to get Dunkley in (O'Brien wasn't on field) have Gawn & Grundy in rucks. I'm 600 bucks short of the trade for Dunkey with Duurrsma out. Unless I pass on stocker and go someone cheaper (125k-) in.

Other option is I just go double downgrade pass on Dunkley and bank.

• Swans2012 says:

It’s probably not a bad plan dunkley and O’Brien both go up a similar amount this week you’d imagine, and gets more points on the field, is a shame about not being able to do the Duursma trade though, maybe have a look at the team lists and take a punt on a first gamer if there is one @sub 125k. Or (yuck) Brayden ham of your swings allow, essendon have some injuries so looks pretty secure despite general uselessness

• FearTheBeard says:

I can get Hams via swings. Just as you said I think Stocker would be a safer bet even with parting with O'Brien for a week?

• Swans2012 says:

Yeah probably right, i think stocker well ahead of Hams. Just hard to justify trading O’Brien when he may have 40k left to make over the next 2 weeks. Stocker probably won’t make 40k more than hams in the next two but seems a better player…

• Derek says:

I think Rowbottom might get a few games, hopefully named this week

• FearTheBeard says:

Thanks Derek.

Would you take Rowbottom over Stocker if it means keeping O'Brien another week?

• Derek says:

I’m keeping ROB until round 13. Need all the warm bodies playing round 13 and both big rucks are out that week.

I assume you won’t have Either in field, so if it gets you Dunkley and you hold ROB. Yep.

• Finnius says:

If your round 13 bye is looking tough, ROB will provide great ruck cover.

56. CuriousGeorge says:

Is it worth bringing in 'Elbows' Ablett

• Derek says:

No. He’s had a couple of good weeks without Selwood.

They will start resting him late in games once the match is won etc

57. JohnDJ59 says:

Round nine has arrived, time to activate the get Grundy trade.

58. Finnius says:

In response to NDD's post –

I'm going double up this week as I think both Stocker and Ham may get dropped, and I have good cash in the bank. Bringing in Dunkley as I think Bevo can't afford not to play him in the mids – reading the AFL.com article this week on Dunkley was pretty insane. Similarly, Josh Kelly plays Carlton this week and has a good bye. Is also only in 3.3% of teams, and I don't have many injury-risk players. Thinking he could go Neale-esque with GWS' run into the bye as well. Duursma and Atkins out.

Next week Darcy Moore and Drew out, Lloyd and a rookie in. Then Stack and Setterfield to Boak and rookie the next week.

My byes are looking pretty good – round 12 is covered easily and round 14 I currently only have 5 premiums. Round 13 is the tough one with 1/2/2/3 out on each line after Lloyd comes in. ROB can hopefully cover one in the ruck before being culled, and if I swing Heeney into the mids, as well as having full benches of rookies I should be fine.

I'm feeling in a good position, but all the help in the world is needed! Suggestions team?

• Thanks Finn The problem I have with Kelly is the games he misses .He looks a million dollars ,a class above his teammates but this is supercoach not the real stuff .I cant fit him in Macrae Cripps Fyfe Oliver Mcrouch Sloan Neale and ROCKY ( the only suss one and granted could miss as well) You will definitely need Lloyd Dunkley and Boak as they are in the best for their role Your rookies have served you well Finn Pity you have to cull Drew as he could serve well as a M9/ F7 All the best to you Finn hope it works well NDD

• Holty01 says:

Wow Fin, double upgrade is impressive. Agree On Dunkley. Duursma has done what he has needed to so great choice. Do you need to trade out Moore?

• Finnius says:

I don't want to Holty, but need to if I want to go up. Other option is Walsh, but Walsh is averaging more. We'll see how next week unfolds.

• The Ranger says:

Great trades Fin. Kelly could be your ace card.
      Best of luck mate.

59. KSinny says:

Thoughts on Moore to Larky (i know hes already had 1 price rise but is scoring decent and has good JS plus he'll be on the bench anyway and with the lack of downgrade options I think he might be a good pick) and then go a couple weeks early on ROB to Oliver via bines and Drew dpp. If not Oliver then who? I can afford everyone and already have Macrae, Fyfe, Cripps, Sloane. Leaves me with 200k and 20 trades.

60. 69;0 says:

Who to bring in this week?
    1. Hurn
    2. Sicily
    3. Ryan
    4. Stewart

Leaning towards Sicily at this point.

• Hurn may not be able to get him later and consistent tribunal likes him too unlike flog Stewart close

• Jess says:

No. Hurn is maxed out and has a 135 BE. He has only down to go. I'm bringing in Sicily. His BE is also high, bit i still feel he's the best option at his price. Doesn't need a lot of the pill to score

61. Steve says:

Who are the top 6 Defenders this year

62. Billy says:

Is it worth trading our o'brein so i can afford to get Macrae in?

• FearTheBeard says:

Essential my question with Neale haha.

Though will hold this week and wait while he drops cash and O'Brien adds it (well hoping anyway for both)

• MajorWeakness says:

Do it.
      Points are King in games that are based on points

63. ROB14 says:

Any love for Elliot Yeo? After a limited preseason seems to be finding a bit of form

• Booooom Time says:

Yes! Just hitting his straps. Great value and price about to skyrocket. Seriously considering him also.

• TommyC99 says:

His bye is probably the glaring issue. If hes still cheap after his bye hes worth a look

• ROB14 says:

I think he has some big scores in him, I'm tipping West Coast to start finding a bit of form… Think I'm gonna bring him in!

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Yep. He is starting to come good mate. Well priced and a nice POD if you pick him up this week. Cheers mate.

• Bob says:

Got him last weekend and can only see him improving as the year goes on

• Lazza says:

Nope hate him…as a SC selection … I picked him to start the season dumped in R3 .. he has no right to get good scores here on in … the basterd…

• Maverick_ says:

LIKE: his value, ceiling, cushy draw and a POD.

DISLIKE: his damn bye

i think his still well worth the consideration if that bye doesn't worry ya his priced very nicely

64. TheBenchmark25 says:

Thoughts on
    Jack Ross to jack macrae
    Angus brayshaw to josh Kelly?
    34k left
    22 trades left after this trade

65. Shake_n_bake says:

Quaynor to play this week

66. TommyC99 says:

Is Ross – Stocker a no brainer? Or is Stockers scoring potential/JS an issue?

67. Daniel says:

DESPERATION!!! Do i need cash or players? Help wanted
    Comments are much appreciated

DEF. Whit, Hurn, Laird, Williams, Hore, Duursma, (Clark, Young)
    MID. Neale, Cripps, Fyfe, Merret, Angus, Walsh, Constable, Stack, (Ross, Answerth, Scott)
    RUC. grundy, Gawn, (ROB)
    FWD. Kelly, Danger, Heeney, Westhoff, Darcy Moore, Drew, (Parker, Setters)
    Current bank $115,600 21 trades left, (mistakes have been made like trading Dunkley out in Rd.4)
    Option 1: Duursma & Ross out, Macrae & Curtis Taylor in. (leaves $3,800) creates needed fwd mid dpp but no bank
    Option 2: same as above except bring in Dunkley instead of Macrae, bank will then be $63,100,
    Option 3: ask for help from the community.
    Thanks in advance gang

• MajorWeakness says:

Taylor or Stocker who has the greater JS? Stocker by the length of all the blue wooden spoons lined up together end-to-end.
      Duursma is good coverage on 2 lines try to keep him
      You want a keeper mid or a keeper forward that you can put in the mids for a couple of weeks and you'll use that player to replace walsh, constable or stack onfield.
      I'd sell Ross for Stocker and then sell walsh or constable to bring in Macrae or Mundy (Mundy has top5 ave over 5-rounds and will be a top 6 fwd because he's getting a lot of the points that Neale used to hog)

• DavidC says:

Blakely likely to come in this week. Could affect both Mundy's and Walters midfield minutes. Would wait a couple of weeks before bringing Mundy in.

68. Joel says:

do we just have to hold brayshaw now an hope he can recapture his form and a better job role and hope he finishes M8/9 till he does?

69. Brn says:

As Thomas Reid once said, 'a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link'. I would love to trade walsh to j kelly this week, but i have to think clearly and get rid of scrimshaw (my weakest link) for sicily. It hurts but deep down it is right.

Drew and to a lesser extent duursma will both score well against GCS this week, so they will stay on field as my other 'weakest links'.

Only issue is there are no significant falling premiums, and I would hate to pay top price to finish off the team in a few weeks time

• Russty_ says:

Scrimshaw had a migraine which made him have blurred vision, and missed the last quarter, still scored 63 so still did pretty well.

I really rate Scrimshaw, although Frawley is back

I had him on field last week ahead of Lockhart and Durrsma. Plan was going well until he didn’t play second half.

His 63 came from 44% TOG

I’m planning to keep him until round 13 and might even trade Hore before Scrimshaw.

70. Michael says:

who would you upgrade first, Walsh or Libba?

71. Balta looks too good to knock back .Surely must get a go with nank missing and Soldo playing NDD

• nankthetank says:

If he's been getting a go up until now you'd put all your money on him playing this week

• Russty_ says:

True dat mate, if it wasn't for the injury decimation at the Tiges, I think he would've been dropped several weeks ago.
        They need him there now, even if he is raw and sloppy at times.

72. Brn says:

If you had to get rid of one, who would it be.

Get rid of Duursma
    Or
    Get rid of Scrimshaw

• Derek says:

Both him and Durrsma have fairly easy games, both have same early round 12 bye, similar average. Similar price and similar BE. I guess Durrsma has DPP.

I’m going to hold both of them.

73. Lekdog says:

Let me know below if you're having any issues with comments not being published (I'll get a notification even if your reply doesn't post)

74. TelescopicCox says:

Would you break the bank for Josh Kelly? I have 24 trades left so I'm happy to take the injury risk on bringing him in considering his massive ceiling.
    I'd go Petrucelle & Wilkie > DEF/MID rookie (depending on who's availalbe) & Josh Kelly, which will leave me with $10K left

Other consideration is Sloane which leaves my with an extra $70K to continue to paint the fence in the coming weeks.

I'll still have Walsh & ROB as strong cash cows

• Beezneez says:

I would have had him from the start if not for his injury. I haven't Macrae and my decision was between him and Macrae to bring in. Unfortunately, I'm $600k short of Kelly using my preferred trades so looks like it will be Macrae for me unless I trade Constable and Walsh to get him. I'm loath to do that as Ross out is more sensible. Personally I'd do your suggested trades even if it leaves you with minimal $$$. You would expect more rookie options to appear in the next weeks to give an opportunity to build the bank. For me, Walsh is expected to lose money and if it's a choice between him and Macrae/Kelly for me then it's a no brainer providing you have adequate backup. That could be Hately and Constable if they were given a go but that's totally uncertain.

75. Willymack1234 says:

Kelly or Macrae?

76. The Unsullied says:

Anyone heard anything about DeGoey may miss this week?

• Russty_ says:

Hi mate, yeah I read he suffered a Shin injury against Carlton and also is having a scan for a "calf awareness issue"…and he's being managed this week with limited training.
      At least you should know fairly early with Pies playing Sat morning.

77. skeppp43 says:

Is Brawshaw a must trade? I've held him for this long but tempting to pull the plug.

• Russty_ says:

I think even if he does get back into form, he might only still average less than 100, I started him this year too thinking he'd become a premo, but he's not there this year, maybe next year.

78. TelescopicCox says:

Matty Crouch looking highly unlikely now. Are owners holding or looking at this as a reason to jump off?

I've got him and will look to hold. He was on track for another ton last week pre injury

• TBone_9 says:

I think you’ve gotta hold Crouch, unless you don’t think he will be a top 8-10 mid by years end. Whitfield better play though, you just never know with GWS though

• Russty_ says:

Whitfield and Mumford should both play TBone, from what I've read they both trained ok.

• TBone_9 says:

Yeah I read on AFL app that they should both be right but if they don’t, I could be in a world of trouble. If Crouch isn’t named I may have to play Hayes, Atkins on field so a rookie trade could be imminent

• JohnDJ59 says:

Holding.

• Finnius says:

Where are we getting this info from? I'll probably hold him as well.

• Russty_ says:

As John said Finn, I also saw this on Herald Sun's Supercoach late mail article….
        Meanwhile, reports from Adelaide suggest prolific on-baller Matt Crouch is unlikely to recover from a corked hip to make the trip to Brisbane.

• Maverick_ says:

Cant see hately getting a go but all my fingers are crossed he gets another crack this week! 🤞🏼

79. JohnDJ59 says:

M.Crouch most likely out for this weekend.

80. Russty_ says:

Menegola to miss a month with knee surgery, also Buck's said De Goey call will be a "gameday" decision.

81. Murray says:

Should I get in Sloane, J Kelly or McCrae. Sloane looks tempting, only ave 6 less than McCrae, higher ceiling, lower BE

What do you think?

• Maverick_ says:

I’m Worried about Sloane playing deboer and hutchings in the next month if he gets the tag expect two pretty ordinary scores. Might be a better pickup post bye murray but if you don’t think he will get them tags then his great value.

• Lazza says:

I might not have a choice Murray if MCrouch does'nt play … I have no bench cover this week without trading … I already have Macrae, so was looking at Merrett or JKelly or Bont next week – cos I cant afford them this week.
      Sloane I can afford, and he is great value … its just that I dont have him pegged for Top 8 Mid hereon in….

82. Swans2012 says:

Tom Boyd retires at age 23! poor bugger, best of luck to him!

• had a great finals in 16

• Lazza says:

Money isn't everything I guess …though income insurance helps ..

• Swans2012 says:

Your right! It’s sad having what you’ve seen as your career spit you out at 23, but maybe less sad with a couple of mil in the bank

• Russty_ says:

Does he get to keep it Swanny or does it depend on bim playing games?

• Swans2012 says:

I’m sure he gets to keep this years, and he’d have a nice little nest egg behind him, I’m sure the remaining years won’t be paid out though. Look out for the dogs during trade period, that’s a big chunk of salary they didn’t expect to have available

83. Dan says:

What are people's thoughts on trading in someone who you traded out earlier in the season?
    I'm real tempted to trade Petruccelle -> Dunkley, but did trade Dunkley out earlier in the season. I would hate to be burned again.

Alternatively, I could just trade Walsh -> JKelly.

84. KSinny says:

Gognigliog out……

• hedski says:

Crouch not out at this stage helps balance that for me, if he's a late out I'm rooted.

• Beezneez says:

Ch 9 news Warren Tredrae suggests he'll be out even though he's been named. Didn't look very comfortable running laps. Abdominal strain. That would mean Coniglio and Crouch out for me if it eventuates plus Constable and Ross from my mids.

• Lazza says:

Looks like Hately will be in … so a decent down trade should cover 70% of MCrouch

• Maverick_ says:

hopefully this opens the door for hately for game 3 if so i'm jumping on.
      won't take him long too make 150k

85. Maverick_ says:

constable omitted again… stiff

• Russty_ says:

Especially with Menengitis out, he doesn't deserve to be dropped..ever.

• Tommy says:

Strong midfield, with Selwood coming back someone had to come out. I think there’s still a fair chance he’s a late in. Rohan and Atkins are under injury clouds.

86. Lekdog says:

We are LIVE and talking #supercoach trades for Round 9! Come and jump into the chat and fire your questions at me!

87. Tommy says:

Midfield drama this week. Constable dropped, Ross and coniglio injured. Atkins and crouch under injury clouds. And to think i was going to trade Walsh and libba. FMD

88. Russty_ says:

R.I.P Bob Hawke, used to love seeing the old legend skulling a beer at the Cricket every year.

• JohnDJ59 says:

A great PM, I was hoping he would last until Sunday.

• PhilipTheFish says:

A great human and the type of leader this country should have more often.
      It's a true stain on our country this his govt was the last to make any real social progress or strengthen our individuality in a geopolitical sense.

• Patch says:

Politics is normally the last thing we try and get on the site that might just be the exception. Extraordinary Prime Minister.

• Lazza says:

Do you think he will be sitting to the left of god? RIP Bob .. . one of a kind.. pity there aren’t more of his ilk around today in politics..

89. Russty_ says:

I passed on Stack, Baker and Bolton too mate, I did get Ross though! 🙁

90. Sharkmove_King says:

Gday fellas, I'm trying to figure out who to downgrade to this week….Who do you reckon has better job security? Jackson Hately or ScoMo?

91. KSinny says:

Hey community, with coniglio out and crouch most likely a late out I'm thinking of doing these trades. Drew to Hatley and Cogs to Gaff, this will leave me with 20 trades and $312k in the bank for upgrades next week. Here's my team after going those trades.

DEF: Sicily, Williams, Smith, Duursma , Answerth, Hore (Burgess, Lockhart)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Gaff, Sloane, M. Crouch, Fyfe, Walsh, Hatley (Hayes, Scott, Gibbons)

RUC: Gawn, Grundy (O'Brien)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Boak, Moore, Petruccelle (Balta, Bines)

92. BAz says:

Brayshaw to Macrae and Heeney to Dunkley
    Or
    Rookie downgrade and Scrimshaw to Hurn

93. Shake_n_bake says:

Crouch is out

94. Aaron says:

Will hately or stoker play this week?

95. Booooooooooo says:

Whats the news on Conigs? I have Crouch, Coniglio, Atkins out this week… oppositions don't have them I'm in trouble

96. BAz says:

Brayshaw to Macrae and Heeney to Dunkley

97. Dean says:

Because its the last game we are forced to bring in Hately. It would be great to know if Hately was going to play or not this week. If he doesn't play I would trade OUT Drew & Heeney and bring in Sloane & Tim Kelly…

Bloody heartbreaking if HATELY doesn't end up playing…

98. Lekdog says:

She started out strong but the round is collapsing around me

99. Russty_ says:

You were right about Balta Patch, you Soothsaying, Nostra-bloody-Damus predicting bastard, If you were a Jehova's Witness, I'd almost believe that Armageddon was coming soon, and all the unworthy would be destined to burn in everlasting Hell.
    Lucky Jehova's witnesses are just delusional brainwashed nut-jobs though LOL