Supercoach Cheat Sheet | Pre-Round 7

It’s starting, supercoaches. We finally have some decent rookie options on each line on the bubble, and we have quite a number of premos who’ve dropped in price, and will continue to drop this week. Apart from Fyfe and Treloar who are mentioned in the cheat sheet, there’s Dangerfield, Coniglio, Oliver, Laird, Ablett, Hawkins, Selwood, and others who could be on your radar.

As I said last week, go to your favourite stats source, open up your spreadsheets, and start looking at your top 15 or so in each position. Work out who you can afford to bring in, and when and then work out your plan. I’m curious to see in the comments who you’ll target to be in your side come the end of the season. Are there any from left field that we may not yet have considered? This is where a POD is worth his weight in supercoach points.

When identifying your prospects, remember it’s not just the points they’ve scored in past rounds … those are already locked away. You need to consider the points they will score from now.
Who finishes a season strong?
Who missed a pre-season and is finding form?
Who has a good run home (albeit we’re barely even 1/4 done yet)?

Good luck this week,
Statty Matty.

1. Nolsey says:

Thinking of going
    Scrimshaw to sicilly and
    Contstable to hayes
    Thoughts

• Statty Matty says:

Solid Nolsey. Constable can still make you some money before the byes (~80k) so you don't need to trade him, but Hayes will make you more (~120-150k).

• Finnius says:

I am going Constable to Hayes. Cash generation means nothing if you aren't getting points on your field each week. I am ranked in the top 150s so looking to go super aggressive this year to keep up with the pack. Depends what you are playing for, but I don't mind an aggressive strategy – other players may get more money out of their rookies, but if you have an extra premium, then who cares?

• Nolsey says:

Yeah i would rather go butters, but that means cant afford Sicily and butters does have a lower breakeven.

• congrats on your rank Finn.It's the only way for guys like you to go. Watch for that one that gets lost like Westhoff Forwards remain the key Good luck bud NDD

• Trev says:

Good move.
      Constable OMITTED not managed or injured, with the plethora of gun mids at the cathouse he might not get another go this year!
      Remember how he absolutely starred in JLT2018 but couldn't get a game that year? Does that suggest that he's not the coaches favorite?

• Michael Luber says:

Strange though. Ave 80, was managed in rd 5. Came back and scored 79 in a team that smashed last years premiers. Gee.. Geelong are doing it well right now, and it kills me.

2. Swoopsta says:

What to do with R.Gray? Anyone holding?
    Have 26 trades left, don't want to use a trade on a sideways.

• SC_Kev7 says:

4 weeks is too long to hold, Swoop. Port might even hold him back for a week as they have the round 12 bye

• Swoopsta says:

I can't straight swap him for T.Kelly, need extra 30k
        To make up that cash do I:
        a) Cash in Scrimshaw (for Young or Answerth)
        b) Get rid of a non-playing rookie: Burgess (for Young or Answerth) or B Scott (for Hayes or Answerth)

• trader says:

Definitely make this trade, anything over 2 is definitely with 26 left. Scott or Burgess to Hayes and Gray to T Kelly

• Trev says:

Send him to the Boakhouse

3. Dan says:

What is s.collins BE?

4. Statty Matty says:

Looks like I put a jinx on Adam Treloar. From Ch7 news:
    "Adam Treloar missing from training and “managed” yesterday. As Pies and Dees hit track either side of precinct, Treloar spotted at Olympic Park scans getting checkup. Slight shoulder, the whisper. Trust he plays. Teams first 615 @7NewsMelbourne tonight"

5. Matt says:

Is rocky still value? Great draw & bye friendly I might go clarke too Tkelly & Scott to Rockliff ..

6. Tofa says:

Nice one man, needed that extra bit of confirmation to go Cousins to Hayes.
    I only wanna trade J Clark and Cousins but seeing how neither is playing was tempting to wait a week and see if Ainsworth backs it up

• Michael says:

I think Geelong have said Clark will play this week? Not sure if that changes your plans. I'm going Scrimshaw to Answerth a week early

7. Hinch says:

For non Boak holders, have we missed the boat on him?

I could do Butters down to Hayes and then either Drew/Petrucelle to Boak? Is he a must to get in?

Otherwise I’ll look to do a straight swap Jordan Clark to a premo defender

Thoughts community?

• Gainsy says:

Seems like boak is overpriced now for what he will deliver from now. Still looks to be a good option if coin is no issue. Better options all ovet thr park to pick up it seems (kelly, fyfe, et al)

• Sana says:

Lets see if Greenwood slows him up this weekend. If so, he might be a nice snaffle in a couple of weeks

8. Dukes says:

I’m going to take a punt on Rotham if he gets named this week, will make a quick 100k with that 96 in his average

9. COREYSC says:

Hi Community looking for some guidance I have 30 trades left 24K in the bank
    Lloyd, B.Smith, Williams, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore (Clark, Burgess)

Cripps, Neale, Macrae, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Walsh, Constable, Butters (Atkins, Gibbons, Scott)

Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

Dangerfield, Heeney, T.Kelly, Dunkley, Drew, Petruccelle (Parker, Setterfield)

My thoughts is holding again, because none of my rookies have fully maxed in price and I don’t see the value in downgrading Scott or Burgess for just 50 profit.

Any guidance much appreciated!

• Derek says:

Looks like your still at the starting gate.

You might find all your rookies are ready at the same time. Remember you only have 2 trades a week. Not having any cash you will struggle to trade out rookies and trade in premiums.

I suggest you start trading out rookies now and build a war chest so you can go bang bang.

Parker, Scrimshaw, Clark, Atkins, Butters, Setterfield will all have to go in the next couple of weeks, not enough trades!

• COREYSC says:

Cheers Derek, I’ve Built myself a nice spreadsheet on the downgrades I want to do over the next three to four weeks until Whitfield bottoms out in price

Is Atkins to Hayes where to start
        or
        Scrimshaw to Rothman (if selected)

Then a double fwd downgrade the week after for Larkey and Corbett

• GloryDays94 says:

Atkins to Hayes. Rotham has terrible JS. Scrimshaw to the Brisbane rookie on the bubble next week would be better

• COREYSC says:

Yeah ok, That just means I’ll Have to do one downgrade in the fowardline instead of 2 next week

• COREYSC says:

With Constable and Scrimshaw out I’ve opted for the double-downgrade this week Scrimshaw to Answerth (week early dangerous but better JS then Young) and Constable to Hayes (this time being omitted as a Geelong supporter I’m not confident he’ll return anytime soon with Scott Selwood not far away)
        407K in the bank now I’m building that war chest Derek!

• redherringfc says:

I admire your patience to this point, but now is the time to get cracking.

Unfortunately the bubble boys this week are all a bit iffy. When teams drop I think you should pick one that looks like he’ll play a few games and score ok, the cheaper the better. Then see how much you can get by trading out 2 rookies close to there max price. If you total 600k you’ll be in the game.

Scrimshaw (you should send him on now) and Constable (has more to make, but think of the extra points each week) plus your 24k puts you close to 640k, Hayes or Young leaves you with about 520k for a defender, mid or forward (using a dpp in your forwards) to upgrade. I’ve said his name a lot this week, I’d go Hawkins at 504k.

• redherringfc says:

I just checked out who else you could get for 520k or less and the choice isn’t great.

Sloane
        Billings
        Cameron
        Rich
        Daniel
        Rocky

• COREYSC says:

Cheers mate! I’m looking at Caleb Daniel for my first Forward upgrade then Whitefield once he bottoms out in price then Boak after his Bye same for Fyfe and Hurn after their byes as well, let the downgrading begin

10. TommyC99 says:

I’m at north training and have got word that Bailey Scott won’t play this week. Would that make him a trade out for Hayes since he won’t play this week? Or trade out Atkins and use Scott as a loop until he gets picked?

11. Dan says:

Thoughts on Scrimshaw -> Laird?
    Or do you think it's better to hold and wait for better options?

12. Matt says:

What do we think of Daniel rich? I’m starting to warm to him. Draw bye n job role all terrific

• TommyC99 says:

I haven’t really taken much notice of his draw but his bye certainly isnt terrific. Round 13 bye stinks

13. Shake_n_bake says:

Steven out mental health issues.

14. Stoo says:

Anyone know what the JS of Mitchell Lewis is?

15. Ange says:

whats happened to Miles

16. redherringfc says:

Hey Statty Matty, you could have thrown a red herring into the rucks, such as Kreuzer, only 400k or so, might do alright from here on.

Who doesn’t love a good red herring?

I think this is a rhetorical question (I’ll have to check with an English teacher), I don’t need people to tell me they don’t love me.

• Russty_ says:

I'm guessing but he might not've for the fact that he's out this week Herring with an adductor strain, but if he gets back next week and stays fit, yeah he's an option for those who don't have the 2 G's, Mumford and or ROB.

• redherringfc says:

I just noticed that. It would have been quite a red herring.

He’s missed far too much footy over the last year and a bit anyway.

17. DerekZ says:

Go early on Andswerth or Joyce for S/Shaw.

Need the funds to bring in Fyfe for Constance.

Thoughts ??

• TommyC99 says:

Wouldn't trade constable

• COREYSC says:

Go early on Answerth

• Maverick_ says:

Have nothing against moving constable on for Fyfe. Missed 2/3 games and this time he’s omitted not ‘managed’ it’s a tough 22 to get back into. Not real big on going early with rookies is there a way to get hayes in?

• Russty_ says:

Constance isn't so constant anymore…probs Answerth if going early..at least you'll have Fyfe, and a double line loophole if it doesn't work out with Answerth.

18. Mark says:

hey guys thoughts on scrimshaw and atkins to hayes and caleb Daniel in the fwd line via ddp? I already have tim Kelly so Daniel is the only premo I can afford and he is good for my byes as well

19. Nick says:

Tossing up between Collins to Sicily this week, because Collins Be is 70 and likely won't make me more $

Other option is Libba to Fyfe because Fyfe is good price.

Will Fyfes price go up more than Collins price will go down?

20. Lekdog says:

Round 7 teams have dropped! Let's chat live supercoach trades now!

• Trev says:

Why not set up a live chat on this site mate?

• Trev says:

Asking us to leave this site to visit your personal online speculation is "advertising within the comments"

• Lekdog says:

a) Too hard to do on the site as it exists
        b) I'd rather use a platform specifically designed for live streaming
        c) long term we'll be able to use it to generate a small amount of funds to cover server/storage costs of the website and won't be out of pocket anymore

21. TommyC99 says:

Scrimshaw managed!!!

• Russty_ says:

Probably almost time to go anyway.

• TommyC99 says:

True Russty, not sure who i can punt him for. Think i'm just gonna hold this week and pray Answerth is still a good option next week. I'm planning to bring in a premo POD and badly need a juicy rookie to be able to be culled

• Trev says:

Fair enough. He had a monster first half last week and then ran out of diesel. He's part of the hawks best 22 and equal to Duursma as your keeper M6/7 loop

22. TommyC99 says:

Im sorry but how did Constable get omitted???

• Holty01 says:

Great question. I would of thought he is better then Atkins. Rested 2 weeks ago, back last week and dropped this week. Something is going on at the Cattery

• Trev says:

Poor defensive mindset.
      Exactly the same thing that kept him out of the team last year.

23. iLoveNMFC says:

Getting Kelly in this week. Trade Scrimshaw and play Petch/Parker/Setters on field OR trade Petch and play Clark on field?

Thoughts?

24. Holty01 says:

Well I won’t be planning ahead anymore. Had the next 3 weeks planned to bring in 3 premo’s but unfortunately Constable being out has changed everything😩

• dontblushbaby says:

Same Holty,was looking at maxing out Constable this week and upgrading next week, but will loop Gibbons and Ross and take that this week, I want to strengthen my FWD's this week and still will

• Russty_ says:

Remember trying to plan anything last year Holty?…we all ended up in the foetal position sucking our thumbs lol

25. Fearthebeard says:

Question!

Now looks like Marshall is back for the saints! Is he a hold?

What’s his breakeven? Anyone able toHelp?

• Mr_Pink_ says:

BE 79… hold and watch

• Fearthebeard says:

Stuffs my trades! Is his js stable now with longer out

• Russty_ says:

Hey Beard…think Longer only came in cause Marshall was out, I'd hold, he could turn out to be a gem.

• Fearthebeard says:

Thanks Rusty!

Leaves me with next question then.

Sicily, Lloyd, Hurn? Money’s not an issue now (before it meant Moore had to go if I took Lloyd) now it’s a straight swap for scrimshaw.

Also is Scott worth culling or Atkin or burgess for Hayes?

• Fearthebeard says:

Or Shai Bolton instead of Hayes?

• Russty_ says:

I'd get whichever defender helps your byes the most, (you need all 3)…and then regarding Hayes..I'm happy to pass on him and maybe to Answerth next week if he performs again this week.
                There are always other rookies on the way too, sometimes it's just exercising patience, and hanging onto a few donuts for a week or 2.
                Probably wouldn't trade Atkins at all, if he keeps getting a game, could even be there at the end as backup.

• Fearthebeard says:

Do we know Lloyd’s breakecen? All 3 don’t effect me currently (Hurn, Lloyd, Sicily’s)

• Trev says:

Hurn is the better value and an almost POD still. This week. Sicily will increase by lesss than Hurn and Lloyd will decrease in price.
              As for the others, cash generation should be your objective
              Scott will make 19k if he scores 54
              Atkins will make 12k if he scores 47
              Hayes will make 54k if he scores 63
              Burgess will lose 2k if he scores his ave

• Longer is now a back up to marshall Could still be a top 6 forward

26. Stacky23 says:

If Clark doesnt play i cop a donut in the backline, thoughts on scrimshaw and scott to young and hayes as my 4th and 5th trades

• Russty_ says:

Scrimshaw could go this week easy, has done his job…I'm going him to Daniel this week.
      I'd go Hayes before Young.

• Trev says:

Only if you cant trade scrimshaw for a keeper otherwise keep him until the byes, Clark was also managed for a week and you kept him.
      If you're worried about your def bring in a performer and potential keeper, Rich and Stewart are both still cheap and if your like to tread a dangerous line Houli is even cheaper.
      Maybe if you turn scott into Hayes you can turn Scrimshaw into a premo defender

27. TommyC99 says:

Thoughts on Young? His JS looks alright but scoring potential doesnt. Could be handy on field option around the byes with that favourable bye

28. Dash says:

Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
    Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
    Gawn, Grundy, Bines
    Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta
    146K in bank. Thinking of getting T Kelly in. What's the best downgrade target to make this happen?
    Cheers

29. Hard luck says:

Do I get Fyfe in midfield or Hurn in defence? I Have 2 rookies in def on field and 3 in midfield. Either of these trades will drop a rookie off field

• TommyC99 says:

Fyfe by a long long way. Hurn is almost at his peak while fyfe is the complete opposite

• Trev says:

Fyffe everyday of the week.
      3 onfield mid rookies is 1 or 2 too many at this stage of the season. Mids make the points

30. ktfg says:

collins to young and moore to sicily? thoughts?

31. Simon says:

Should I trade Constable to get Fyfe?

32. Nathan says:

Really worried about Constables longevity now. Think it might be time to cash him out and move on. Thoughts?

33. Tommo09 says:

Def: Lloyd WHITFIELD Smith Moore SCRIMSHAW Hore (Duursma Clark)
    Mid: Cripps Neale Fyfe Bont O’Meara Walsh CONSTABLE Butters (Atkins Smith Gibbons)
    Ruc: Grundy Gawn (ROB)
    Fwd: Danger Heeney Petracca Drew Parker Setterfield (Petrucelle Balta)

26 trades and 10k remaining

I was thinking Petracca and Atkins/Smith to Kelly and Hayes but I’m not sure

Thoughts??

• Trev says:

Unless you have the cash to turn Scrimshaw into Stewart suckup the 1-week loss of whitfield and hold scrimshaw for a week, Duursma and Clark are acceptable replacements.
      Your M7-8 are are bad this week so it's time to get a keeper for constable and your fwds are also not so flash.
      So, I suggest Petracca to to Baker and Constable to Fyffe.
      Losing Petracca erases an early mistake and getting Baker will equal/improve the ave of your f3. Ptracca to Baker will also give you 186k making the constable to Fyffe trade easier.

• Nice_Person says:

Is Clark even playing??

34. Fearthebeard says:

anyone know Clarke’s and Atkins breakecen?

35. Fearthebeard says:

Also Lloyd’s breakeven?

36. GhostMonkey says:

I've been burnt before but is anyone else tempted by houli? 440k

37. Tommy says:

constable -> Hayes
    Scrimshaw -> laird
    Or
    Constable ->Rockliff
    Scrimshaw -> houli
    Thoughts?

• redherringfc says:

Rocky and a Houli has the potential to ruin your season.

You’ve missed one of the main reasons to play Rocky and that was to get his price rise and then use as a stepping stone. He still could turn out to be a good pickup.

Risk versus reward. I’d play it safe with option 1.

• Tommy says:

Was thinking that mate, just wanted confirmation! Do you think constable -> Hayes is the way to go or hold him? I can get laird anyway

• Trev says:

How about Constable to Rocky and holding scrimshaw and the trade?
      Scrimshaw will come back next week and will be a solid bench/loop keeper AND Houli has already had his big score for the year and already done the annual hammy, at 31+ and with a dodgy hammy I doubt that he'll play more than 80% of the rest of the season and his averaged will only decline.

• Tommy says:

Need to trade in defence, with Whitfield out. Don’t want to field Lockhart (great pick up he was)

38. Justin says:

Newman was a mistake, thinking of going Laird, Sicily or Boak via Moore.
    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• Pranav says:

if you started him and got his 134 wouldnt say it was a mistake out of those 3 i like laird

39. Paddy says:

I have Robbie Gray. What are my best options? I have $710k to spend when I trade Gray out.

Option 1: Gray to Boak
    Option 2: Gray to Fyfe or Neale (Would probably go Fyfe as he is really cheap, but can afford Neale). This option would require me to move Setterfield to the forward line and lose any M/F link and would also be light up forward

FYI – My main forwards are Danger, Kelly, R.Gray (who is going out) and D.Moore. My midfield is Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, Treloar and Walsh

40. GloryDays94 says:

I need some advice. I have two Trade options for the next couple of weeks:
    Week 1:

42. Fearthebeard says:

Hurn or Sicily?

43. Dash says:

Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
    Gawn, Grundy, Bines
    Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta
    146K in bank. What's the best way I can avoid this donut in DEF. What two trades would you make?

• Section_5 says:

Scrimshaw to Sicily
      Atkins /Butters / Constable to Hayes
      Then hope Clark plays?

• Dash says:

Maybe it's the Scrimshaw/Constable double. My T Kelly plans may have to wait until next week.

• Section_5 says:

Was also considering that trade. But likely to stick with getting Boak in for Petruccelle and Hayes in for Butters.

Double downgrade Scrimshaw and Constable next week for Answerth and another mid.

24 trades left. Trying to keep my top 10 ranking.

Hurn, Williams, Smith, Duursma, Wilkie, Hore (Whitfield , Scrimshaw)
          Neale, Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, Libba, Walsh, Ross, Hayes (Gibbons, Scott, Constable)
          Gawn, Grundy (O’brien)
          Boak, Danger, Heeney, Billings, Daniel, Drew (Parker, Bines)

• Dash says:

Petrucelle with the -3 breakeven, so I will be holding so he makes me some more $$.
            Definitely need a Defender so you reckon Sicily or go straight up to J Lloyd?

• Section_5 says:

Lloyd the safer option. Tad more expensive but only player to score over a hundred every game.

I’ve gone Sicily as a bit of a POD at this stage. Averaging something like 120 over his last 3. Plays against Melbourne this week so hoping for a few intercept marks

44. BradleyTC99 says:

Hey guys, any ideas for what i can do would be great!

26 trades left, 80k in the bank.

Def: Hurn, Laird, Crisp, Williams, Duursma, Hore (Scrimshaw, Burgess)
    Mid: Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, M Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable, Ross (Atkins, Gibbons, Scott)
    Ruc: Grundy, Gawn (ROB)
    Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Drew, Parker (Petrol jelly, Bines)

I am looking at getting in Josh Kelly next week as a little POD, since i cant get fyfe in this week. Any thoughts would be great guys!

45. COREYSC says:

Chris Scott has guaranteed Clark will play this week saying he is a “certainty” to return

46. Cliffy says:

Is it totally crazy to move on from Constable at this point in time? Sure he had more money to make, but he has gone above $300k and it might be the best excuse for me to bolster my team either in Mids or up Fwd with him out, what do we reckon in general?

• COREYSC says:

I’ve downgraded Constable to Hayes this week, as a Geelong supporter I can’t see Constable returning the managed was ok but now ommited another week later the signs are not looking good at all chance also to help your Bye structure with that trade too

• Richard says:

Not crazy at all. Him being omitted just makes the decision even easier.

47. Frank says:

Trading for scrimshaw….Laird, Sicily, hurn or Stewart?

48. Josh says:

30 trades left and $70k in the bank so thinking it’s time to make some trades

Lloyd, Laird, Crisp, Smith, Scrimshaw, Hore (Clark, Burgess)
    Cripps, Fyfe, MCrouch, Coniglio, Brayshaw (Melb), Walsh, Constable, Duursma (Butters, Atkins, Scott)
    Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
    Danger, Heeney, Moore, Drew, Petruccelle, Parker (Setterfield, Balta)

Probably looking to go one up one down and bolster either the forward or backline.
    Caleb Daniel, Kelly, Sicily, Stewart, Rich, Boak???

• Nice_Person says:

Well right now you're probably copping a donut, Clark is on extended bench might not play so get a defender

• Josh says:

Can move Duursma or Moore back though to cover

• Maverick_ says:

Hi josh. I’d Trade scrimshaw swing duursma down back bring in Hayes and then probably move Parker on Get Tim kelly that forward line is far too weak atm. Hope that helps

49. Stupid Coach says:

Greetings Community. Currently have 24.trades left. Initially thought of trading Scott to Hayes and Constable to Fyfe but $70k short. Other option is Scott to Hayes and D Smith to T Kelly. Also, who would you have on the field for Whitfield – Joyce or Lockhart.

Any advice much appreciated as always.

50. Daniel says:

Thoughts on bringing in Westhoff this week, with the hope that he returns to his form of last year, as a forward POD, already have Danger/Heeney/Boak and Kelly in my forward line too.

51. Meph says:

Whitfield and constable out Laird and Fyfe in. Playing for rank so trying to rush my way to full premo and can't afford to carry an injured Whitfield. Anyone doing similar to me?

• Swans2012 says:

I don’t mind it at all meph, burns trades but gives you a leg up on those holding whit! I’m $100 miserable dollars short of being able to afford whit to Kelly, and constable to Fyfe and there’s no other midfielders in a lower price bracket I’d consider at this stage. So looks like I’m holding him, good luck

52. Barks says:

Should I ditch Miles for Fyffe

53. FearTheBeard says:

Now I'm confused again lol.

Lloyd, Sicily, Hurn which one do I bring in 😐

• Holty01 says:

I think the one less likely to be top 6 defender is Sicily. The other 2 share a bye round so that doesn’t help. I would think Lloyd will score more from here on in.

• Swans2012 says:

I reckon you can’t go wrong with any, I’d take whichever one gives you the greatest chance of being able to afford your next upgrade target

54. Brn says:

Everyone is bringing in high scoring mid/defenders like fyfe and i'm bringing in little C Daniel up fwd. Means I dont have to play petrol or setters on field, but hope this doesn't come bite me in the #@%.

Will Daniel be a top 6 fwd?

• Holty01 says:

I was looking to strengthen my forward line myself but with Constable not playing has forced me to upgrade elsewhere. Daniels seems to be a solid pick.

• Maverick_ says:

I’m getting him in brn.
        Taking him over TKelly even.
        Shown some real consistency, a decent enough ceiling & still a POD. I don’t want Tim’s stinkers that he throws occasionally costing me league games or rankings.

55. averagejoels says:

Is it worthwhile burning a trade to go Scott – Hayes this week bearing in mind there doesn’t look to be any mids on the bubble next week or is it more important to chase points by upgrading to a t. kelly etc which would mean trading early on a petrucelle or atkins as they still have coach to make?
    Cheers community

• averagejoels says:

Cash* woops

• I would do a spreadsheet up to and including byes with your targets and available cash cows and projections for both.Though this will change weekly, it gives you an idea. I have 4 defenders and a forward after next week and can see I will be short for my last upgrade in Round 13 LLOYD. This makes me think a Rich, dare I say , may come into play for the Flog , The forwards are a box of chockies ,dont know what you will get with only Danger Kelly Boak and maybe Daniels locked The other two are open Good luck AVERAGE JOE NDD

56. Swoopsta says:

What is the JS of W.Hayes & L.Young?
    Any point going early on L.Answerth or N.Larkey instead?
    Don't want another B.Scott or C.Burgess.

• Sana says:

I need the answer to this one too re. Answerth/Young. JS is one question… Both are 18-19 years old… then there's the fact Answerth currently has a much higher BE, but can he do it again?

The obvious answer is we should be locking in the immediate gains of Young and considering Answerth next week. Hmmm, why am I not convinced?

• Swoopsta says:

Because both Hayes and Young are Bulldogs players and we don't trust Bevo.
        I have H.Andrews who may squeeze Answerth out when he comes back (maybe next week? was a test this week).

• JohnDJ59 says:

Don't go early on rookies, wait till they are named for their third game.

57. TelescopicCox says:

Constable out has thrown a spanner in the work. I can go Petrucelle & Constable > Hayes & Fyfe. Means I'll still have to field 2 of Balta, Drew & Setterfield in my fwd line.

58. RealDealNeale says:

Any tips for the week? Have 25 trades left and $15k bank. Can just get a full team if Clark is named:

B – Hurn Smith Williams Duursma Hore Clark (Whitfield* Scrimshaw*)
    M – Cripps Neale Oliver Brayshaw Libba B.Crouch Rocky Atkins (Gibbons Constable* Scott*)
    R – Grundy O'Brien (Bines*)
    F – Danger DeGoey Dunkley Lycett Moore Drew (Setterfield Schultz*)

Worried about burning trades, especially with so many mid pricers that may need to be moved on like Libba, Crouch, Smith etc

Can go Constable > Hayes & Scrimshaw > Rich (lol) or Constable > Hayes & Scrimshaw > Kelly

59. Go Dons says:

How much more cash do we think Swalsh has in him? Apart from North this week few tough games coming up. Have $155K in bank so cash plus Swalsh gets me Fyffe – comments?

60. Nozzy says:

Which one?

1. Constable and Scrimshaw out for Young and Fyfe

2. Constable and Scrim out for Sicily/Hurn and Hayes

61. Swans2012 says:

If Gary was only a little bit cheaper I reckon I’d take a punt, I can see him blazing some more old Gary style scoring with his current role pinging it at forward 50 targets or the goals themselves…. or maybe I’m just being nostalgic..I reckon 110 average from here is not out of the question, but I’ve already got enough maybes in my midfield.

62. FearTheBeard says:

Community can I get some opinions. I've done it and reversed like 5 times already ffs.

Lloyd, Sicily, Hurn which one do I bring in 😐

• TBone_9 says:

Just go with your gut mate. In the end you’re going to be disappointed unless who select the one you really want. If you’re really stuck, look at what suits your byes the best

• TelescopicCox says:

Lloyd if the bye works for you, if not Sicily.

All are good options but I have Lloyd over Hurn for the same bye round

63. James Sykes says:

help guys.

constable and Aitkins to Fyfe and Will Hayes?

or

Aitkins and Scrimshaw to Fyfe and Answerth?

• JohnDJ59 says:

Don't go early on rookies, Atkins could go, not sure about the other two, who are the other rookies you have, do you have Scott or Clark?

• James Sykes says:

got clarke but with scrim and whitfield out I would be pretty thin up back

scrim has a higher BE so I thought he would go first maybe

• JohnDJ59 says:

OK I see your problem, you need cover, have you considered trading Whitfield out for a defence premo you don't have and then get Whitfield back after he loses his value. I have a feeling Scrimshaw is only being managed and could still be handy as an on field rookie, if you don't have both Hore and Duursma. If you don't want to do that I would just go with option one.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I can see your problem though, Scrimshaw is probably more ready than Constable to go as far as BE goes, but I prefer Hayes to Answerth, since Hayes is on the bubble.

64. Ryan says:

Going to trade Buters > Hayes

but not sure whether to trade Scrimshaw > Rich and leave around $146k in the bank or trade Scrimshaw > Sicily and have around $64k in the bank

65. Fritzzzy says:

Noah Answerth – Does anyone have a strong view on this kid? What's his JS like? Who's likely to send him back out of the team? I need a defensive rookie in this week and he seems the only cheap choice…

66. Justin says:

Anyone think the pies will shut boak down tonight?