PODCAST | The Non-Daniel Rich Episode Where We Don’t Discuss Daniel Rich. At All.

Lekdog promised we wouldn’t talk about Daniel Rich this week. He lied. Damo joined us and he also talked about Daniel Rich. I’m at my wit’s end, community. Is he an option? What do we do?

We talk about who to flick and who to hold, what to do. We talk through rookies, we talk through fallen premiums and some premiums who haven’t fallen, but are still value.

Remember to join us on Twitch during the week:

What are your moves for this week?

1. Russty_ says:

Really thinking I'd like to make up some points deficit this week and just go this guy to that dude, and that dude to this guy to speed up the point generation.
    Don't think there are any outstanding rookies who have to come in this week. Glad I got Ross though.
    Daniel's been pretty good, for a 3 ft 7 guy, doubt he'll ever get tagged like a Tim Kelly type will…wears an alleged helmet on his head and gets a fair bit of ball.
    Getting a bit sick of Goldy's less than premo ruck scores, thought he would've done better this year but not to be I guess…. Scrimshaw might've peaked.
    I'm gonna hold on Libba and Constable and Walsh…wouldn't trade Libba yet.
    Westhoff could be one to watch soon if he backs up his 92…very cheap.
    ROB will become a premo forward in a few weeks.
    I'm a bit behind the guns but still doing ok, I know I'm not a great player but have moved up in some of my Leagues this week so that's ok.
    It's all a bit of lighthearted entertainment…in between working your ass off…lol

• JEL says:

Yep, at the end of the day it's a bit of fun, sort of like a hobby.
      You try to do your best, but you know it's not the be all and end all.

A little harsh on Goldy, he is the 4th best Ruck by points though he's not lighting it up like I hoped.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Jel, if he's the 4th best then I guess we all should've started with Grundy and Gawn really..in hindsight, I just thought he would've done better this year.
        I guess some of the guys who started with Whitfield and Cogs will be suffering a bit this week, Whit will be a bargain soon.

• Jimmy says:

Surely you wait until ROB maxes out and go down to bines banking a handy 300-350k to upgrade goldy to gawn/grundy whichever you don’t have as well as a premo fwd

• Russty_ says:

Already have Bines in the fwd line Jimmy waiting to go back to R3 when the time is right.

• GloryDays94 says:

Goldy is unlucky. I feel his points haven't reflected a couple of his games.. got absolutely robbed last weekend. Should have been 105 or more in atleast a couple more games. Personally I am holding as he is on no way failing and there are other things to do with my team

2. Russty_ says:

My insight of the week…it's never as easy as you think it's going to be, and then you get short on trades, and then your team isn't what you thought it'd be. And then the injuries kick in…
    And then you try to make it what you thought it should be…and then you run out of trades, and then you wish you never started ha

• Derek says:

Yep. It soon becomes all about the number of trades left.

This year has been fairly good with injuries ( touch wood)

3. Binga says:

Thoughts on these trades pls guys; Libba and Collins out for Boak and Hayes in!!

• DavidC says:

You must have bigger problems than Libba? He's averaging 104.

• Binga says:

DEFENDERS: Laird,Williams,Hurn,Smith,Collins and Hore. (Clark and Watson)
        MIDS:Macrae,Fyfe,Coniglio,Libba,M.Crouch,Walsh,Stack and Atkins. (Scott,Wicks and Gibbons)
        RUCK: Grundy and Goldy (ROB)
        FWD: Danger,Heeney,Billings,Moore,Drew,Parker. (Setterfield and Bines)

• Sharkmove_King says:

Everyone's got bigger problems than Libba, and whilst I'm not trading him, I do see the appeal.

1. No other rookies/stepping Stones have reached a point we they are losing cash. Libba seems to have.

2. Libba will enable you to get to a better player than what a cheaper rookie will. It might be the difference of getting in a Neale, rather than a Houli, Worpel or Westhoff

• 50_Shades says:

I wouldn’t be trading Libba yet, but looking at your team, I couldn’t suggest anyone else either for this week. Do you really need Boak this week?

• Gainsy says:

Id find something else rather than libba…. or hold off trading this week.

4. Rivo says:

29 trades and missed the Tiger rooks last week.. 🙄

Low on cash and looking at getting Hayes & a fallen premo by moving on Clark/Collins/Butters.

However not much around $450k. Hold another week or 2, or look at the likes of Houli, Worpell?

Build your war chest and go Bang Bang

Don’t get someone you don’t want just because that’s all you can afford. Sounds like my son, wants to buy a crap car NOW instead of waiting a bit longer, save a few more dollars (I’m even matching him dollar for dollar) and get a good one.

What was yabby’s story about the boy with the shoes? Pay the Price!

• Rivo says:

Any thoughts Community?

• Derek says:

I’m considering Greene from GWS.

Looking at their draw up to the byes, Saints, Hawks, Carlton, Melbourne, Suns, Crows, North.

GWS might tear a few of those games apart and Toby will get on the end of a few.

As for GWS’s last 4 games of year (SC finals) 3 at home Swans, Hawks and Dogs, and Suns away for last round.

I might not get Greene, but Kelly will be a must have and Cameron very likely.

• dontblushbaby says:

Same, I raised this the other day but go negative feedback , that’s all good with his history and I understand ,but I believe to get to full Premo we have to take a risk on fallens imo

• Derek says:

The forward line is a basket case this year.

Buddy, Gray, Wingard, Devon, Menagola, Hoff, Dunkley, Gunston all so cheap and getting cheaper.

Greene won’t look that cheap soon.

One or two of them are going to have a big second half of the year, Dunkley or Wingard of 2018 like. But who? Whoever gets F4, F5, F6 right this year will rocket

• Rivo says:

Yes that’s the tough call. Daniel looking very reliable, will it last?

• HarryH76 says:

Add TMac to that list. Gun when right but shocking start to season. But if they keep him down back does he recover?

• Gainsy says:

Im looking at collins and butters as well if needing cash. Worpel looks good. Top 10 forward is where i place him. There's plenty of fallen almost premos to take a punt on… menegola, mclean, dunkley, dahl, … even old man selwood… oh and ruck forward hoff if thats your thing

• Rivo says:

Thanks against. Worpell is on my radar though feels like a stepping stone move. Possible keeper at F6 though if I get him now, I miss cash gen by going double down this week and targeting a Neale or Whitfield next week. Key for me this week is whether Rotham plays.

5. Chris says:

Will Laird be top 6 this season? once milera and seedsman come back into the side…will it affect his scoring output?

6. Shake_n_bake says:

Buddy out again this week

7. KSinny says:

Anyone got any news on Whitfield and Cogs?

• Binga says:

Leon Cameron comments on Cogs,Whitfield and Davis!!

LC on Coniglio: he’s avoided surgery, which is really good.

He’s got to get through the main session tomorrow and sees how he pulls up.

LC on other injuries: Whitfield is probably more unlikely than likely.

Phil is probably that 70-30… but if he’s not right, he’s not right.

• Shake_n_bake says:

Whitfield won’t play

8. Cotchinator says:

Trades this week:
    1. Liberatore to Fyfe
    2. Scrimshaw to Laird.
    Reasoning: Laird appears to be coming good and Fyfe won't get any cheaper.
    Trade target Whitfield in 2-3 weeks.

9. Bells says:

Who should I cull to bring in Fyfe, Libba, Walsh or Rocky?

10. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Move rob to r2
    DPP Grundy
    Trade butters to fyfe and grundy to boak.

Would probably never do it but it is a tantalising option.

Grundy
    Drew
    Butters

V

Rob
    Boak
    Fyfe

• Derek says:

Looks good, but have a quick look at the Crows and Collingwood next 6-7 games. Seriously, there could be 50pts a week difference between Grundy and ROB.

I’m just happy with the cash he is making

• Sana says:

I like this madness. I don't have ROB but I'm considering something similar… Goldy to ROB. I have Grundy, but I know I'll want him back, whereas really I'll want Gawn in for Goldy at some point, might as well lock in some cash generation first (ROB should reach at least 400-450k?)?

Madness. Could be genius?

• TommyC99 says:

You wont generate enough cash from ROB to warrant it. You have already missed out on 2 price rises. While he has been performing outstanding 1 below average – average score and he wont make much more money. Not sure its worth 2 trades

• Maverick_ says:

I agree with TommyC I did the Goldy to rob move on the bubble given me a bank of 800k you’ve now missed two price rises not sure it’s worth doing now Sana..

Trigg that’s a bold move to axe the number #1 ruck n almost #1 in comp like Derek says there could be 50 Pts most weeks. And you’ll want want him again come seasons end? I’d be just enjoying his cash generation look for other ways to get Fyfe in.

• Sana says:

Tend to agree. I’ll likely (hopefully) have a single trade opportunity to jump to Gawn at some point. No need for a late jump onto the ROB bandwagon even if he made another 150k. Thanks fellas

• OldOwl says:

It's a great move.
      Undies,Drew and Butter are averaging 261 p/week BUT ROB,Boak and Fyffe are averaging 324 p/week. If you exclude Fyfes injury game ROB, Boak & Fyfe are averaging 335 p/week. So, that equals a 63-75 points p/week increase in team output.
      It's also good that Derek and the masses don't like the move because the masses never finish in the top 50 and Derek is rubbish at supercoach

11. Derek says:

The byes stuffed my season last year. Relied on rookies on field too much and they either got rested or stunk.

I’ve just had my spreadsheets open and oh dear, I knew around 13 would be bad but it is worse than I thought.

Not only do I need to consider non-round13 bye Premiums, I need to consider the rookies as well as the next batch of rookies might need to be called upon. (Having just got Lockhart and Hore and looking at Aneswerth next week)

12. TommyC99 says:

As much as I want to bring Fyfe in, only way j can do it is through Libba, so probably not wise.

Trade out Scott or Atkins for Hayes?

• Derek says:

I would have thought Fyfe would be much cheaper after such a poor score 3 weeks ago. Not the must trade I originally thought.

I’m going to wait a week, let the rookies fatten just a bit more and get JKelly. Next week he will be same price as Fyfe is this week.

GWS draw to the byes is insane.

Kelly in 3% of teams.

• Shake_n_bake says:

Only a 90 BE thou Derek

• TommyC99 says:

Is his Bye an issue though Derek? In the guts i only have Oliver with that bye but i have at least 2 keepers on each line.
        Def: Hurn, Crisp, Williams
        Mid: Oliver
        Ruc: Gawn, Grundy
        Fwd: Danger, Heeney

I really want Whitfield or Lloyd but round 13 is already looking like a struggle so don't think i can afford to. With those players out in round 13, is Kelly still an option and won't be detrimental for the byes?

13. FearTheBeard says:

Lads can I please get some wisdom from all the usual suspects and anyone who else wants to spend 10 seconds replying to me lol.

Got a warchest. Was tossing up a few options.

Do I bring Neale in for Atkins and enjoy the M8 of Constable/Ross with all guns inside locked in.

Do I use the warchest on a double upgrade instead. I can get Daniel & Heeney/Cameron? locked into my forward line (with Danger, Boak, Kelly already here). WHICH would also allow me to push Moore up to slot in at D4 with Hore & Duurma as my D5,D6.

Do I get Daniel and then upgrade a defender to say Lloyd, Sicily, Hurn? Meaning Moore would stay down as F5 and still leave Hore & Duurmsa as my only defender upgrades?

HELP!!!!

I was going Neale because with the bank there it's easy to get him now rather then chase him. Though with 160 breakeven I could probz afford 2 weeks and a double downgrade to go for him with double upgrade this week locking away 2 forwards or 1 defender, 1 forward gun which makes me squad arguable deeper/stronger.

Thoughts?

• TommyC99 says:

I personally like option 3 better. Lloyd looking must have and scoring points for fun.

Could Hewett go to Neale? With a 160 BE if he scores around the 100 mark is will suffer a nice price drop.

How many fwd rookies do you have onfield. I think priority number 1 should be getting Parker and Petrucelle off your field, or at least 1 of them and being able to loop.

While Neale is scoring points at will, i think mid rookies are quite reliable at the moment so getting rookies off field on the other lines should be more of a priority

• FearTheBeard says:

Yes this is how I'm looking at it all now too after reversing on Neale (hard to do)

I have Danger, Boak, Kelly, Marshall (who I have to trade out by the looks of it to Daniel maybe?), Moore (who I could swing up for Heeney/Cameron). Drew.

If I leave more down here and bring in Sicily/Lloyd/Hurn it would also strengthen up there I guess. 1 premium defender, 1 forward. Question is can we trust Daniels first 6 weeks? Do I pass and wait and make sure? Is it worth rolling the dice on Greene if you risk it on Daniel? 😐

• Derek says:

I’ve had to cross Neale off because of his round 13 bye.

Same with Lloyd. R13.

Hey Derek,

You are always useful 😛 you got any thoughts for me?

Daniel/Greene worth going? Steer clear and go Heeney? Cameron maybe?

Sicily/Hurn/Lloyd?

Or just lock Neale in ffs.

Put your team upI

Ok hold up.

• FearTheBeard says:

Laird, Smith, Williams, Scrimshaw, Duurmsa, Hore (Clark, Burgess)

Cripps, Macrae, Fyfe, Cogs, Rocky, Walsh, Constable, Ross (Stack, Atkins, Scott)

Grundy, Gawn, (O'Brien)

Boak, Danger, Kelly, Marshall, Moore, Drew (Petrucelle, Bines)

• FearTheBeard says:

So as you can see once O'Brien fattens up Bines goes back up and a upgrade is ready.

If I got Atkins out for Neale, Ross/Constable goes to bench and leaves one of them on field for a bit.

Looking at Marshall/Scrimshaw out this week. Allows me to move Moore up and have five forwards set with the O'Brien coin for the 6th down track, or one in and one in for Scrimshaw (Lloyd/Hurn/Sicily)

How much in bank?

• FearTheBeard says:

320-350k cant check exact figure atm.

Worked out enough to get neale in for aitkin with another rookie brought in + a decent bank still

Or two premium upgrades i mentioned for marshall/scrimshaw/moore.

• redherringfc says:

Scrimshaw out, Moore back, Hawkins in.

• FearTheBeard says:

Hawkins? Really? Thinking Daniels & Sicily atm or Lloyd?

• redherringfc says:

504k. BE of 104. only in 2% of teams

Less likely to drop a turd than T Kelly. He will kill it from here on. Great POD as no one wants a key position player.

• redherringfc says:

Also a great player to put the V on when he plays early, because he could belt out the odd 200.

• FearTheBeard says:

Had a look, not a bad outside bet though with Kelly & Danger already in my forward line I can't go 3 cats deep.

• Derek says:

If he played all his games in Geelong he would be a must have.

😐 Your thoughts?

• redherringfc says:

They do have an easy draw though. Have a look at all their games, they’d have to be favourites in every single one.

I’m jumping on board this week and am quite happy if no one else does.

• Derek says:

I like the double upgrade option.

Marshall and Scrimshaw to Premiums. Hurn, Sic or Lloyd all good. Forward premiums are a lottery, Cameron is starting to look good especially with GWS draw next 7 weeks.

You have Burgess, Scott (if they don’t play)and Bines as all active loopholes this week, should be able to help with the on field rookies.

• FearTheBeard says:

So who you reckon lol. Sicily & Daniel means Scrimshaw goes?

Lloyd & Cameron/Hawkins means Moore has to go and Scrimshaw says a week?

• TelescopicCox says:

I like option 3, as much as I prefer to bring in a rolled gold midfield gun like Neale, as Tommy has said below, you can maxmise your points by playing mid rookies over FWD rookies.

I'd look at Daniel and Sicily or Lloyd (if your byes allows it)

14. Shake_n_bake says:

Stocker to get a gig this weekend.

15. Tofa says:

As always boys great stuff and very entertaining. Can't wait to buy bargain basement Whitfield in a couple weeks.
    But where was the rookie talk? I can't trust my instincts on the latest bubble boys they're as disastrous as Lekdog's (no offense matey) I need a def for J Clark and a mid for Cousins to build the war chest. was thinking maybe Hayes and Young??
    thoughts??

16. SHIEL BE RIGHT says:

I need your help community on any potential trades on my team:

DEF – LLOYD, SMITH, WILLIAMS, RIDLEY, DUURSMA, HORE, CLARKE & ROTHAM
    MID – CRIPS, FYFE, OLIVER, CONIGLIO, SHIEL, CROUCH, WALSH, CONSTABLE, STACK & SCOTT
    RUCK – GRUNDY, GAWN, CLARKE
    FWD – DANGER, HEENEY, DAHLAUS, DREW, PETRUCCELLE, BAKER, SETTERFIELD & BALTA

17. Harry says:

Brayshaw or Sam Walsh out for Fyfe??

• Ja191 says:

Brayshaw

• Saritz says:

Neither. Hold Walsh until at least the byes. I’m planning on having him as my M9 for loopholes/injuries at years end. And Brayshaw is playing well… when in the midfield. He is playing up forward a lot too now, which is when he goes quiet. But Viney out for 2 weeks!!! Expect Brayshaw (and Oliver) to score better.

I know Fyfe is cheap, but don’t sacrifice your structure to get him in. Do it by painting the fence. It’s not like Fyfe will be unaffordable next week

18. Mint says:

DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Rozee, Duursma, clark ( Hore, Burgess)
    MID: Cripps, Neale, Macrae, B.crouch, Libba, Rockliff, Walsh, Constable ( Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy ( o'brien)
    FWD: DangerField, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Drew, Bines ( Petruccelle, Parker)
    Got 56 k In the bank
    25 trades left
    NEED HELP!!!!

19. Big dawg says:

How many trades do we all have? I’m at 26 and thinking of making 1 or 2 this week

• redherringfc says:

27 but making 2 when teams drop.

It’ll be close to 2 a week from here on. Cows are getting fat, but need some fresh ones to come along.

• Pranav says:

29 but should not much cash in bank and 2 trades this week wont result in an upgrade but a sideways move instead which isnt ideal

• Sixtybloody6 says:

I have 16 left

20. Tyruddanaut says:

This week I’m keeping it simple. Nice upgrade.

Scrimshaw and Atkins to Ruch and Hayes

• WithAllDueRespect says:

Scrimshaw and Atkins to LAIRD and HAYES for me.

• Dan says:

I've been considering making these moves as well.
        How do you think Laird will go once Milera is back in the team? (apparently 3-4 weeks away)

• Sharkmove_King says:

He was pretty much averaging 100 with Milera there wasn't he? Worst case scenario I think he is still top6

• Tyruddanaut says:

I think we’re holding on to past form here. I’m banking top 8 and worst case top 10 but I think he will continue to average high 90s or maybe low 100s

• kevdup says:

Me 3, considering the same, Laird definate top 6 👍

21. Johno says:

Thinking going Coniglio to Treloar. Whats everyones thoughts?

Why?

• Johno says:

Not sure that Coniglio is really endgame and keeps losing money. Treloar seems (to me) to be fairly priced and is seeing more consistent higher scores

• FearTheBeard says:

Cogs had one stinker and thats his only game under 100? Trealor has had 2 under 100 (both in 80's) if he hadn't got the 150 wouldn't be a snifif. I wouldn't do that trade at all.

• Adam says:

Now thats the biggest sideways trade. Why waste a trade for that? In my opinion i still reckon coniglio will still average more than treloar at the end of the season

22. Thomas says:

First time reveal this season. I'm only interested in winning my cash league. Can i get some opinions please guy
    DEF: Hurn, Whitfield, Laird, Z.Will, Duursma, Hore, (Scrim, Atkins)
    MID: P.Cripp, Neale, Merrett, Ang Brayshaw, Walsh, Constable, Ross, (Stack, Clarke, Scott)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn, ROB
    FWD: Danger, Heeney, T.Kelly, Moore, Drew, Setterfield, (Petru, Parker)
    I have 25 trades, and $231,900
    I have been planning for Fyfe this week.
    OUT Atkins and Clarke. IN L.Young and Fyfe
    Love to hear opinions and advice please.

• Derek says:

Depends how strong your cash league is and how hard it will be to make the top 8.

The best way to win leagues is to have plenty of trades at the back end of season and going into the finals. I see it many times, I high placed team die in the league finals because they had no trades left. Remember that teams start resting players or sending them off for early surgery. So hold your trades as long as you are still winning enough matches to get you into top 8.

The other thing to look at is the last month of footy. What teams have a soft run home during the SuperCoach Finals? GWS, Port and Cats look juicy.

• Thomas says:

Thanks Derek, The only one to respond and give genuine advice. It will be taken on board. Much appreciated.

23. Adam Clarke says:

What should i do with menegola? keep or trade? any suggestions

24. Tommo09 says:

Who do I trade out for Hayes this week out of Butters Gibbons Atkins and Scott?
    Will also trade Petracca to Kelly using this $$

25. Rick Grimes says:

If Whitfield is an out I might do something a bit snazzy. 1 week could be 2, comes back and stinks it up. In 5-6 weeks time he's worth $400k and you've missed out on premo output.

26. Maverick_ says:

Riteo Lek, Patch & damo i cannot hide it anymore i'm coming clean…
    your 2019 podcast intros, my god! stephen quartermain gets the juices flowing and and the arousel levels too a dangerously high level!
    almost to the point where i am too nervous to wack the airpods in anywhere public and listen too your podcasts anymore incase I cannot control myself! No hate please

27. GloryDays94 says:

Atkins to Hayes
    Moore to Boak

My trades for this week. Boak is not going down anytime soon so time to get him in!
    Would love to keep Moore but he is the only way I can get Boak in

• Derek says:

Good move. I really thought Boak was going to be effected more when Wines came back. Got that one wrong

28. Sixtybloody6 says:

This week I do another 2 trades. 7th week straight I continue to steam roll the team to full premo by rd 10. I am goat. Get around me!

29. TommyC99 says:

Since scott isnt playing is it worth going Scott – Hayes? Or would we not be banking enough cash from the trade so go atkins?

• Kewbie Bear says:

Grappling with the same issue. If Scott comes back I'll hold, if not I'll probably just trade to Hayes and slowly begin to build a war chest leading into byes

30. Nozzy says:

Fyfe or Boak?

• Saritz says:

Everyone is jumping on the Fyfe train. So that’s why I’m going Boak. But not being a sheep aside, my mids and def are doing ok, with some solid rookies. My forward line is my weakest. So I gain more to make by upgrading this line first (welcome Boak!). I think that’s what you need to decide… where are you most deficient

• Nozzy says:

Who are you getting rid of in the forward line for Boak?

• Saritz says:

I have $199k in the bank and plan to go Scrimshaw > Hayes (via Moore fwd to def, Setterfield from mid to fwd). Then Parker to Boak.

Well, that’s my plan. I need to see the teams before I pull the trigger

• DavidC says:

Not going anywhere near Fyfe, the guy will just get injured or suspended again.

31. Dash says:

27 Trades and 146k. Would appreciate your trade thoughts?

Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
    Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
    Gawn, Grundy, Bines
    Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'd be upgrading one of your fwd rookies to Kelly.

• C. Damien 3 votes says:

Scrimshaw to L Young, Constable to whoever you want

• Adrian says:

I would probably double downgrade this week looking at your team. Scrimshaw/Collins & Butters for Young & Hayes.
      Come up with a plan for the byes though

Alternatively Collins/Scrimshaw out for Young. Balta to Daniel/Kelly would be great but think it will be touch and go with cash

32. JohnDJ59 says:

I just looked at my bye rounds for the first time since the start and if I don't trade between now and after the byes I will be able to field 18 players each bye round. Now I know that won't happen, since I will have to upgrade players in that time, but something to ponder.

• Derek says:

Mine are a disaster. All my trades in have to be players who will play round 13.

• Swans2012 says:

Did the same yesterday John, mine looking fine as well

• JohnDJ59 says:

It's great when something comes together without trying, I'll just have to keep an eye on the players draw that I bring in from now on.

33. Steeeve says:

Having a bad season, ranked outside 20,000, but this week I'm happy. Because I just traded Atkins straight to Fyfe with only $200 leftover. If Atkins scored a point less and Fyfe a point more I couldn't have afforded it. Thank you SC Goss.

34. Mitch says:

R gray to who? Have danger and heeney. Money isn’t a issue

35. Nick says:

Hi Community,
    Thoughts on the below
    Option 1: gray to Boak
    Option 2: Gray to Caleb Daniel and b crouch tonfufe??
    Thoughts please, l have 23 trades left

36. Matt says:

Do I go a double upgrade
    Atkins too Tim kelly
    & Clark to laird/boak?

Just Meaning I have to pass on Hayes.
    Picked up Ross last week and got one eye on hately eventually

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'd get in either T.Kelly or Boak and Hayes, I'm grabbing the cash generators while they are there and Hayes JS seems alright.

• Matt says:

Thanks for replying John. Boak I can probably hold off on Tim’s BE is very low I think boak is 120. Maybe I better go Atkins too Hayes

• Holty01 says:

Hi John. I’m not sure on Hayes. Seems he will be a slow burn but not really anything else out there though. I may even go early on a rookie like Larkey, Answerth etc

• JohnDJ59 says:

As you said Holty, not a lot out there, so take them while you can and don't ever go early. The last three weeks I've traded in Stack, O'Brien, Ross and now Hayes, all on the bubble.Out went Gibbons, Butters, Setterfield and Lycett. I probably went a bit early on those players, but someone had to go to get the others in.

• Matt says:

When I’m looking to make these upgrades should I use the Clark/Atkins type players as it’s a big jump with cash. Or do I use Moore’s, constable, Collins, rozee type players where the jump isn’t as large and sacrifice there Low BEs an cash generation …

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hey Matt I'd be trading out the Clark/Atkins type at least with Constable and Rozee they are scoring well and still making cash.

37. Holty01 says:

Please be named Rotham. It would make everyone’s life much easier

38. ojs says:

Daniel or T.Kelly?

39. Shake_n_bake says:

Kelly 10 yr deal

40. Rick Grimes says:

Ok, so he's burnt a lot of us, but is Houli an option? With Short out indefinitely, he's looks the main man. Already couple of big tons. Cheap as still.

41. Fearthebeard says:

Lloyd Sicily or Hurn?

• Rick Grimes says:

Lloyd, Hurn, Cicily in that order, for mine. Lloyd is a CD darling. Gets points for breathing.

• Gainsy says:

Sicily id say now. What about laird?

• FearTheBeard says:

I am leaning towards Sicily as he is just a touch cheaper than Lloyd and will allow me to keep Moore instead of Scrimshaw. That said is it worth parting with Moore for Lloyd over Sicily (as both Scrimshaw/Moore go over next couple weeks)???

• Derek says:

Sic could go massive this week against Melbourne. Defenders, especially intercept markers do very well against Melbourne

42. Shake_n_bake says:

Reid to get a call up. I don’t think cox will get up

43. NoLanguage96 says:

Is Hayes worth jumping on? Haven't seen him play or know anything about the kid..

JS good for some cash gen or hold out for Hately/Answerth?

44. NoLanguage96 says:

Could go Atkins to Hayes and Scrim to Sicily or Moore to Kelly but I only have 23 trades. Considering holding fire this week and letting the rooks fatten a little more

45. COREYSC says:

Is it worth trading B.Scott or Burgess despite they haven’t made any cash at all and to me I worry it’s a waste of a trade?

• redherringfc says:

Burgess lost money in his last game. His scoring has been pitiful so there’s not much point waiting to see if he gets more games.

But don’t trade him to a rookie that has poor js. I’m holding him until a decent option pops up.

Scott, I’m hoping gets a few more games soon and gets a few more dollars into him.

46. Hoffwasmymistake says:

HELP!
    DEF: Lloyd, Laird, Z.Will, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore, (Clark, Lockhart)
    MID: P.Cripp, Macrae, M Crouch, Conigs, Ang Brayshaw, Walsh, Constable, Ross, (Stack, Gibbons, Scott)
    RUC: Grundy, Gawn, ROB
    FWD: Danger, Heeney, Hoff, Drew, Setterfield, Petru (Balta, Parker)

$292.6k in the Bank with 26 trades.

Thinking:
    – Constable > Fyfe
    or – Scrim > Hurn
    Or hold this week, downgrade next, double up the week after

• FearTheBeard says:

I'd hold off on Constable this week as he has some good cash left. Hurn over Scrim is attractive.

• redherringfc says:

If it was my team I’d be getting another premium in the forwards as my first priority.

I haven’t looked at breakevens but I’d pick the highest out of the forward rookies and bring in a gun there. If you get the dollars, Boak looks a good pick. Kelly’s price looks like its as low as it will go, but I’d go (and am going) Hawkins this week.

Hold on Hoff and cross your fingers he turns it around.

47. Funkhouser says:

With only $490 to spend on a defender it looks like Daniel Rich will be joining my team as the best option and hope he ends up top eight defender.
    Never thought I'd be picking him again, this is all Legdog's doing, Well we play this game for fun, time to enjoy the rollercoaster…

48. FearTheBeard says:

Lloyd Sicily or Hurn?

If I go Sicily I get to trade out Scrimshaw and field Moore?

If I go Hurn/Lloyd I have to field Petrucelle and trade out Moore this week?

With that said either Scrimshaw/Moore would likely go the following week so it's not a huge difference? Lloyd is my gut feeling though fielding Moore over Petrucelle is attractive (then again WCE playing Suns)

49. Binga says:

Thoughts on trading in Pendles?

• FearTheBeard says:

Played extremely well though I feel there is a clear group of elite SUPERCOACH midfields that must be picked before him.

Pies midfield worry me too as they have a few that clearly share points.

• TommyC99 says:

Bit too inconsistent for mine. Pies draw does get easier so could be worth a punt, and you'd think Treloar or sidebum cops the tag before he does

50. TelescopicCox says:

I'm just short of bringing in one of the top premiums this week on any line (Fyfe, Sicily, Laird etc), unless I offload Moore, however I think he still has value.

Thoughts on Atkins > Hayes and holding? I can't get anywhere good from Burgess or Balta (the duds), and the others still have cash to make

Would leave me with the below:

B – Lloyd, Crisp, Williams, Duursma, Hore, Wilkie (Lockhart, Burgess)
    M – Cripps, Macrae, Treloar, Cogs, M.Crouch, Walsh, Constable, Setterfield (Gibbons, Hayes, Scott)
    R – Grundy, Gawn (O'Brien)
    F – Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Moore, Drew, Petruccelle (Balta, Bines)

• FearTheBeard says:

I can get Sicily in this week but been eyeing off Lloyd. Only way I make that work is with Moore out too this week and I'm holding off on that and likely just to take Sicily. I feel Moore too has more value + hes proven to be very reliable and hardly an urgent upgrade.

• 50_Shades says:

Support your decision here.

51. Maverick_ says:

Community would appreciate some feedback

option 1:
    Scott -> TKelly
    Clarke -> Sicily/boak
    Only 120k bank

option 2:
    Scott -> Tkelly
    Clarke -> rotham/Hayes
    Bank 570k

52. What_Bear says:

Hi all,

Just wondering if it is worth spending my whole bank and 2 trades to get Boak? It would mean no more upgrades for 2 weeks at least.

Thanks in advance

• Brn says:

Boak will croak

• 50_Shades says:

I wouldn’t make that trade if it put me in that predicament. I think that Boak’s at a premium price right now, I’d look elsewhere for value and keep some coin spare.

• GloryDays94 says:

If you can get him in for someone like Moore and keep 50k then go for it. Don't think he will get much cheaper

• What_Bear says:

Ta. Moore is not my problem. Looping Petruccelle and setterfield is my weak point. Moore will be ok until the bye, hopefully I can get a fallen premo then

53. Sixtybloody6 says:

Greenwood to boak Friday is the word. Just to spoil his 250th. Smart Bucks!

• Maverick_ says:

Did hutchings pay much attention to boak the other week with that 95? I didn’t see the game but makes me think I can wait a week on boak if I see greenwood named his BE is 120 if he goes sub 100 it’d be handy, every dollar counts. Greenwood Likely to tag rocky?

54. TommyC99 says:

Scott or Atkins – Hayes? Scott obviously not playing but is the trade worth the 60-70 we are banking from it? And if i keep scott i can use him as a C loop for the time being since he plays after bines for the next 3 weeks.

55. Shake_n_bake says:

Polac could be out. Call up for Scott?

56. KSinny says:

Hey community here are 3 trade options I'm thinking about doing this week and would love to here your thoughts. Before I do anything this week have 26 trades and $600.

1. Bugess > Rotham (if named) Whitfield > Lloyd.
    2. Burgess > Rotham Whitfield > Boak via dpp with Moore
    3. Burgess > Rotham

My reasoning on trading Whitfield is that if he misses a week I'll be forced to field a rookie, also once he's played 2 more game he will drop to around 490-500k so I can basical my straight swap him to Lloyd or Boak and then bring him back in when he's cheap. Thoughts?

• TommyC99 says:

Rotham hasn't played in a few weeks and certainly isn't no certainty to play this week. Even if he does what are his chances of stringing 3-4 games in a row? Hayes' JS seems a little better and has played 2 weeks in a row. id be targeting him

• 50_Shades says:

I’d go 3 only.
      Currently $570k, sell and buy back at $500k in a few weeks – just doesn’t seem worth it to me.

• Tommy says:

I know you explained your Whitfield trade, just seems illogical to me but anyway. If Rotham is named he’ll make some good coin, don’t trust his JS though. Hayes is a better option

• GloryDays94 says:

If you can try and get Boak in for Moore. Boak is not going to get much cheaper if he keeps this up

57. Dan says:

Thoughts on Shai Bolton as a downgrade option in the forward line?

• TommyC99 says:

Dropped last week, JS is poor

• ojs says:

if he get named this week i would definitely consider if you have no other fwd rookie options. Was really stiff to be dropped last week and i would say he's a lock to replace riewoldt who is out for 6-8 after being best on in the vfl again. 146k he should make money

• 50_Shades says:

How about Westhoff as a downgrade option? $380k, surely bargain basement after a 90 odd last week.

58. Not Really says:

OMG this is my first supercoach and I only just realised that you can click on the names and then a orange C or purple V pops up. Is this what everyone is talking about when they mention Captains?

Going well though – ranked 25th overall

59. Lekdog says:

There's too many bloody comments to get through so how about this community.

By using the name of a player, how's your season going?

I'll start…Paul Bower

60. FearTheBeard says:

Lloyd Sicily or Hurn?

If I go Sicily I get to trade out Scrimshaw and field Moore?

If I go Hurn/Lloyd I have to field Petrucelle and trade out Moore this week?

• TommyC99 says:

CD froff Lloyd, i'd go him. But Sicily has a favorable bye

• Adrian says:

I am going Sicily over Hurn. Hurn has got the dreaded R13 bye along with a lot of other popular premos. Just hope Sicily doesn’t belt someone this week……

61. MATTHEW says:

Option 1: Atkins to Hayes for 157k or Scott to Hayes for 97k depending on who doesn't get named
    Option 2: Scott to Hayes and Atkins to Baker for 92k
    Option 3: Scott to Hayes and Atkins to Ross for 138k

62. Binga says:

Thoughts on these trades pls

The trades I’ll do if Rotham is named,

Rotham in for Collins
    Kelly in for Atkins

Next week pending prices
    Boak in for Libba
    Corbett in for Parker (although he still has money to make)

DEFENDERS: Laird,Williams,Hurn,Smith,Collins and Hore. (Clark and Watson)
    MIDS:Macrae,Neale,Coniglio,Libba,M.Crouch,Walsh,Stack and Atkins. (Scott,Wicks and Gibbons)
    RUCK: Grundy and Goldy (ROB)
    FWD: Danger,Heeney,Billings,Moore,Drew,Parker. (Setterfield and Bines)
    125.4k in the bank and 25 trades remain

• Ned_Starkers says:

I'm looking at the same ins using Collins and Burgess with Moore swinging to defence.
      Don't think I'll trade Libba yet, hopefully carry him to the byes and then reassess how things are going.

63. JoelP says:

Def : hurn williams Smith Collins scrim duursma ( Burgess Clarke)

Considering going Collins too rich his JR looks SuperCoach friendly and should maintain that for the year very comfortable draw also.

64. Murray says:

Hi Community
    I am not sure of the trades for this week. Which of the following 3 possible trades should be a priority, in order of 1 to 3

1 Moore to Daniel,
    2 goldy to grundy,
    3 Whitfield to Lloyd

Thoughts welcome

65. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Forgive me Jock for i have sinned

Committed a sideways trade this week

• TOPHAWK1 says:

What have you done? I will go easy OK? LOL

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Was initially Sloane to Fyfe but then i decided to swing Drew into the mids, which allowed me to get Boak. I feel like him and Dangerfield will be far and away the best two forwards and that this is a good opportunity to get him in. Whilst i understand i'm paying a premium for him i feel like his price wont dip very far below 560k this season. Talk me out of it? lol

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I wont talk you out of it mate. Watch the byes!

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Either a Port/Freo player helps me out in the byes, so i suppose thats a good thing. I've been to the pub tonight so maybe it's not a good idea to be trading haha. Might reverse it before the lockout, who knows

66. Dzone says:

Thoughts on:
    Collins-> Rotham/Answerth (pending teams)
    Butters-> Fyfe

67. The Ranger says:

Hey NS74, whaddya think of Will Hayes JS?

68. Matt says:

Rockliff anyone?
    Has a terrific draw & bye. I think he’s top 8-10 mid

• DavidC says:

You'd think the tag would have to start heading to Boak instead of Rocky. Could have a big game coming up.

• Derek says:

Yep. Had him for a couple of weeks. He starts really well and goes missing late. Had a 48pt first quarter last week. I think he is still good value

• Maverick_ says:

I think sub 500k price tag and the ceiling he’s shown makes him tempting for sure.

69. TelescopicCox says:

Anyone thinking of Greene? Good run coming up. I can go Balta > Greene although I feel like that's a waste of my war chest. The best premo's I can go to this week is Rich or Rocky by offloading Petruccelle (other trade is Atkins > Hayes)

• Derek says:

$350k looks expensive now.

Compare him to some of the other fallen premiums in the forwards, he doesn’t look the best value pick as he comes with a massive injury risk.

If he was $300k, maybe

70. Marcus says:

Hey lads, thoughts on atkins to hayes and walsh to fyfe this week?

71. Pistolas de Espana says:

I am trying so hard to get Fyfe. Hurn is screaming at me too. I feel a bit like Donnie Trump. So hard people, so hard.
    One plan I am going to stick with is to get Rozee or Moore into D7. Currently both in FWD line. I will keep one in Def and fingers crossed a DEF/FWD rookie comes into a team with some JS during the buys. Maybe the bolter from the burbs could be available following the mid season draft.

72. GloryDays94 says:

Trade Plans for me:

Atkins to Hayes
    Parker to Daniel

Leaving my FWD as: Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Daniel, Moore, Drew

Then next week hopefully:

Scrimshaw to Brisbane rookie
    Moore to Boak

73. Maverick_ says:

Has anybody else heard the whisper treloar suffered a training injury and in doubt for the w/e or did I dream it?

74. Lekdog says:

Round 7 teams have dropped! Let's chat live supercoach trades now!

75. Ken says:

Why is constable out?

• Russty_ says:

Says Omitted but i think it's more 'rested' without admitting it, reckon they want to look at some of the other blokes like Parsons.

• Maverick_ says:

Hmmm bit of a game changer

• Russty_ says:

Thinking the same Mav, might even trade him out this week.

• Redd says:

Constable to Hayes then Atkins to eitha Bont or Fyfe what do ya think mate?

• Russty_ says:

If you like Hayes' security mate, I'm thinking of hanging onto Atkins…could be a good bench pleb if he keeps playing all the way through.
              Getting Bont or more Fyfe is a good thing though.

• Tommy says:

Don’t think he’s rested russty, he was rested 2 weeks ago. Parfitt back so Charlie makes way. Tough team to get a gig with atm

• Russty_ says:

Yeah I guess Tommy, thought Atkins would've made way for Parfitt though, guess it's all about the balance of the team though, Cats have plenty of options at the moment and lots of guys playing well.
          Parfitt's not certain to be named, Parsons could get a go.

• Tommy says:

Bombers are a quick side. Can’t carry to many slow inside mids. Atkins is very important to the structure, without being a great sc scorer. Parfitt plays if he’s 100%. Would be surprised if parsons played, but he cleans the coach’s car so you never know 😉

• Trev says:

Poor defensive mindset. He was warned about it earlier this year and responded well but then fell back back into an unfavourable pattern.
      It's the same reason that he couldn't get a game last year after starring in the JLT.
      Concentration and team role are king for midfielders

76. Sam_01 says:

Glad Whitfield is out as I don’t have him but I also wanted him to play so he can drop cash and I can get him ASAP haha

77. Dan says:

Scrimshaw > Sicily
    Butters > Hayes

Thoughts?

78. Rocksta_ says:

Okay, with Constable not playing, this opens up a few more VC Options.
    Grundy,Gawn, Neale or Macrae for VC?

79. Mike says:

I am $500 short of Laird, which of these should I bring in?
    T Stewart, J Crisp, L Ryan

• Russty_ says:

Reckon Ryan's average is only over 100 cause of the 156 he got, otherwise you might find his regular scores disappointing, I'd get Laird when you can, even if it means paying a bit more.
      Not sure about Stewart anymore, although I got him in…Laird has the biggest ceiling out of all of them.

• Nice_Person says:

Ryan actually has the biggest ceiling

• Russty_ says:

Yeah does he though?…how many Tons did Ryan score last year compared to Laird?
          I know who I'd rather have in my side.
          You started with Laird…why not Ryan instead?

• Nice_Person says:

My understanding of ceiling was the hight of the score eg amount

Ryan has scored a 156 this year I don't think laird has those scores in him
            However his floor is much higher than Ryan and that's why I picked him

• Russty_ says:

Oh ok, so you were referring to what's happened in the last 6 weeks?…I was referring to who's historically been better and would potentially be a better pick overall.
              But I guess you never miss an opportunity to have a bone of contention with me do you?…boring.

• Nice_Person says:

Huh, no I'm just simply pointing out that Ryan has the biggest ceiling, has the ability to score higher than the rest but he's inconsistent. Laird still the betrer pick. No contention about it.
                Chill out mate

• Russty_ says:

Yep, that one big score he had was really good…you don't really need to point that out,as I already did.
                  The guy was asking who would be the best pick out of 3 players, and I said waiting for Laird would be the better pick out of all of them.
                  Feel free to not respond to my posts when I'm replying to someone else.
                  It's not really necessary..or welcome.

• Nice_Person says:

Yeah mate you have no right to tell me where to post to be honest.
                    I agree laird is the best pick. I was just correcting your information regarding the player with the highest ceiling which based on past stats is true and for whatever reason you decided to get upset about it. Again Ryan has a score of 156 this season, laird has never had one that high in his career, therefor Ryan has the biggest ceiling for scoring

• Redd says:

Crisp

• Maverick_ says:

Daniel Rich?
      I think he is a genuine option & top 6-8 defender….
      please forgive me patch

80. Ando says:

What's everyone doing with Constable? He's now going to miss 2 out of the last 3 weeks which isn't ideal, especially when he still has cash to make.

Thinking of getting rid for Hayes. Or am I being too hasty?

• Redd says:

Trading him!

• Kewbie Bear says:

I'm trading him, might even double downgrade and move sicily or burgess on as well

• Russty_ says:

Trading out…we need to strengthen our sides now, not hang onto guys not getting a game and close to their max price, although it's still unclear why he didn't get a game this week, certainly didn't deserve to be omitted.

• DavidC says:

i'm holding him. Scott said he was playing well before he was "managed".

• silversovereign says:

I’m keeping Constable, low b/e and can go big. Also a handy loophole this week. If he doesn’t bounce back into team next week then that might indicate he’s moved down the rookie pecking order at cats and has to go. Hold one week

81. Biggie smalls says:

I know this may sound like a bit of a stretch but what are the thoughts on going Goldstein as vc against a kreuzer-less Carlton, after all he did score a huge 170 odd against them a couple a years ago. Just food for thought…

• Russty_ says:

Better off going Gawn I think..if you have him, Goldy's been a bit disappointing this year compared to all the pre-season hype.

82. Harrison says:

anybody else strongly considering constable too Rockliff 480k & avergaing 103 purely because of an unlucky Concussion causing a 36 take that out and his averaging 116. should probably finish top 10 an able to go biiiiig on any given day.

83. Harrison says:

Caleb Daniel – extremely consistant and friendly bye

V

Tim Kelly – extremely easy draw bad bye but a high ceiling for his $$$

84. Maverick_ says:

JPK's scores 2019 – 94 113 136 95 110 115 an average of 110 and in 1% of teams, ultimate POD!
    Sydney are rebuilding and restructuring there midfield for the future but he will remain the centre piece.
    any takers? I'm looking for a replacement for constable just not sure i have the plums to do it when i'm already missing neale, fyfe and macrae

• Russty_ says:

He's certainly better than Oliver at the moment Mav. He's making my season suffer.

• Maverick_ says:

Yep both Oliver & brayshaw are hurting me badly mate but got to fix the rookies first and pray they come good in the meantime. I have no idea what Double upgrade I’ll make yet with so many options around and value! Trying not to get sucked into the Daniel riches & Rocky’s it’s tough haha

• Russty_ says:

I'll stick with red hair / no friends at the moment, but I am getting sucked into the other Daniel 😉 No Rocky and Rich for me either mate.

• Maverick_ says:

yeah at the moment it’s:
            Constable -> Caleb Daniel
            & scrimshaw -> Sicily/boak

Then rich comes into consideration he looks to be a definite top 6-8 with his role at 480k.. 80-100k cheaper than boak/sic That Could be the difference in gettin Jkelly next week or settling for rocky!

85. Jaquande says:

How many onfield rookies is everyone playing with currently? Personally I’ve got 6 atm

86. Jack says:

field Setterfield or Petrucelle?

• Russty_ says:

If you can't loop em, I'd say Petrucelle…playing Suns at home..and it might not be in the Blues fwd line too much.

87. NoLanguage96 says:

Good old fashion fence paint in order this week!

Constable > Hayes
    Scrimshaw > Sicily

90k with 21 left

• Sharkmove_King says:

Very solid. On a side note have you already got Laird? Or do you think Sicily is better value, or do you even think Laird not top6?

I'm weighing up between those 2 or a midfielder, probably Kelly

• Holty01 says:

I think the only reason you pick Sicily over Laird is because of his friendly R12 bye. Apart from that, I’d take Laird.

• NoLanguage96 says:

Started with Laird. I'd grab him though if I didn't

88. CHRIS THOMAS says:

Fyfe & Young for Scrimshaw & Atkins?

89. Jacko says:

Who would you bring in for Simpson; already have hurt and crisp and will bring in Whitfield in a few when gone down.
    Would love these players to be ranked on who to bring in from most to least.

Lloyd, Sicily, Laird, Rich, Stewart

90. KSinny says:

Trade Whitfield straight to Lloyd/Boak or hold? Means I have to field Lockhart 😬

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Gday KSinny. I am going on the attack this week as I have a decent amount of trades. (25) I love playing for rank. I have this nasty feeling Whitfield will miss again next week and is facing the spectre of a massive price correction. (down) I have decided to punt Whitfield this week. Straight switch to Sicily. (I need him for the round 12 bye). I will then have enough coin to punt Scrimshaw to Westhoff via DPP. BANG BANG!!

• KSinny says:

Yeah I agree Tophawk thinking he might miss a couple weeks and I Definatly don't want to be fielding Lockhart 2 weeks in a row. Will probably go straight to Lloyd.

• Bold move with the Hoff TOPPA. ,Not that I disagree in fact I am thinking the same .As an original Hoff owner I value him and he was the second best forward to Danger last year. Just starting to show that now and cheap as .

• Russty_ says:

He's a gambler Neil, must be…I did the same thing this week hahah, what the hell right?
          What's the worst thing that could happen?….lol

• NoLanguage96 says:

Westhoff? Wow thats ballsy he's playing like shite

91. Adrian says:

What everyone’s thoughts on this?
    Was going to do a double downgrade this week but with Whitfield out and being the top of the table matchup in my cash league, I don’t want to be getting the L.

Collins -> L.Young
    Higgins -> Sicily (via Moore)
    Would have gone Hurn if not for the R13 bye.

Leaves 24 trades and $35k in the bank.

92. Daz says:

What does Boak average for the year? never gone higher than 106, His first 6 are a statistical outlier… im trying to convince myself not to drop 588k on him.