SuperCoach Standing / Panic Room: Round 6

Round 6 is already two games old and my whole world has been turned upside down, black is east, up is white, and the Panic Room this week is a hodgepodge of “advice” and a place where you can sound off about how your team is travelling (or to rip on Lek for talking smack about our Lord and saviour, Max Gawn)

By the virtue of AFL’s insane scheduling we only had two days to wallow in the self pity that was round 5. A shift in how our teams scored saw the round being a low scoring week. Our rookies decided to rock up fashionably late to the party, leaving most of us caught out with them warming the pine without an E on them. On the flip side, our premiums decided to put their feet up and put in the kind of effort I do during the working week.

Me

Trades are tricky this week, some fallen premiums are on the horizon but are rookies are so slim there’s no value in the trade or they have negative or low breakevens so there is much more cash to be made. If you’re still sitting on Max (love him) trades, the one move I don’t mind is cutting ties with Chris Burgess. Four of his 5 scores have been below is breakeven this week, and could only manage two touches and a mark from 81% game time against the Crows (edit: and he’s been dropped this week)

This has been Patch this week as we’ve somehow survived bringing you fresh content as the AFL schedule around the clock games for your viewing pleasure. We’re all tired and cranky so the abuse in the podcast is real this week. Luckily Barron is here as the mature one who can actually make sense in his Around the Grounds article. Get your fill of Matty’s beautiful cheat sheets and head on over to Damo’s genius article on our captain choices for the week.

The News

We’ve hit a mini crisis with three popular rookies all losing their spot this week. Bailey Scott, Chris Burgess, and Jordan Clark are all out. Friendly reminder if you do choose to trade, you CANNOT reverse it. Be 120% sure with your move. Also, with Geelong playing the final game of the week it opens up a captaincy loophole for the entire weekend (assuming you haven’t used your VC on Gawn/Grundy yet).

No changes at Port for tonights games against North. Tarryn Thomas is back for his small amount of owners, as is Luke McDonald. Paul Ahern is one of three outs. Josh Corbett (FWD – 123.9k) will make his debut for Gold Coast in their only change. Noah Answerth (DEF / MID – 117.3k) will also debut in one of four changes at Brisbane, Harris Andrews’ injury the most SuperCoach relevant of the bunch. Myles Poholke is being rewarded for his huge 30 disposal / 4 goal game for Adelaide reserves last weekend. Will Hayes holds his spot at the Dogs, Jackson Trengove for Bailey Williams being their only change. Cam McCarthy returns for Freo in David Mundy’s 300th game. Toby Greene is back for Giants but they’ve surprisingly dropped Jackson Hately. Nick Blakey is back in the side for the Swans.

On Sunday, neither Hawthorn or Carlton have any confirmed outs as yet. Of the 8 new names, only Ben Stratton is listed on field, although you’d expect Charlie Curnow to play. Charlie Constable is back at the Cattery as promised, they’ve also named tall targets Darcy Fort (RUC – 117.3k) and Ryan Abbott. Zach Tuohy will make his season debut. Josh Rotham has made the extended bench for West Coast and will be on the bubble if he’s named.

The House of Evil

These rookies come with a free frogurt! (that’s good)

These premiums come with Potassium Benzoate (that’s bad)

Can I go now? (Trade bait)

Smooth Kevy’s Lock of the Week

I almost gave The Lock a rest this because having to acknowledge Jack Billings is bringing up all sorts of PTSD symptoms that my very expensive therapy sessions were meant to deal with. Richo has seen the light, finally putting Jack onto a wing where he has tallied 28, 28, 32, 34, and 28 possessions to start the season. Add in an average of 5.6 marks, 2 tackles, and a tick over 400m gained per match Billings has created a safe floor for himself.

His breakeven of 69 this week will see his price tip over the 500k mark. Keep him in mind when upgrading over the coming weeks. On form he is a monty to be a top 8 forward this year and will give top 6 a good crack.

Hey Now, You’re a Draftstar

Are we still calling it the Battle of Bridge? Because we shouldn’t, it’s literally the worst name for a cross town rivalry.

RUC

Shane Mumford (10.2k) price isn’t moving much despite his solid start to the season. He has put up 3x 80’s and smashed Sinclair in 62 v 14 in the hitouts back in R5, 2017.

DEF

Both teams are very stingy in this position having yet to concede a fantasy hundred to a medium defender in 2019. There’s also going to be tags galore going on with de Boer, Hewett, and Cunningham all doing jobs in recent matchups between the sides. Spending up on a Lloyd or Whitfield could tank your lineup. Jeremy Finlayson (8.3k) looks to be good value, averaging 80 over the past month. Jackson Thurlow (9.2k) may see some extra opportunities if GWS put effort into stopping Lloyd. Zac Williams (11.2k) hit three figures for the first time in 2019 last week. We know what he can do when he gets going. He has a handy record in this fixture but is probably a tad overpriced considering his low floor.

FWD

Are we going to get a monster Buddy (11.2k) game? Phil Davis has been surprisingly named this week and could be a late out. Nonetheless, Buddy has averaged 19 disposals, 9 marks, kicked 7.4 at an average of 106.5 from the two home and away matches against the Swans last year. If Davis is ultimately ruled out, he becomes a lock and load play for me.

Michael Walters dined out of GWS last week, which brings goal kicking mids Isaac Heeney (MID / 12.9k) and Tom Papley (MID / 11k) into play. If you’ve got plums the size of a planet, Toby Greene (9.6k) destroyed the Swans in the elimination final last year but could also score 50 and kick someone in the face.

MID

Jackson Hately (8.1k) would have been fantastic value if he wasn’t omitted, there’s a rumbling he may win a reprieve with Davis’ dodgy ankle so if Hately does come in don’t get caught napping. For value I don’t mind the bargain priced James Rowbottom (5.8k). Showing no problems in finding the pill, his 60 last week came from only 66% game time.

Despite their tagging pedigree, the Swans have had their struggles limiting opposition midfielders. Josh Kelly (14.2k) is still underpriced given his ceiling. Tim Taranto is another that has flashed 120 point upside this season. JPK (13.6k) will be up for this game but his ceiling smashing days are behind him. Harry Cunningham (13.1k) has back-to-back 120’s, you’ll be able to snag him at low ownership as coaches chase the GWS guns.

If Hately gets named:

1. TommyC99 says:

Another great write up Kev!
    So i had planned to bring in Laird for Clark this week, but am starting to rethink it. If i pulled the trigger, id only have 80k in the bank to get Fyfe in next week, and if i did that, i really cant see how i'd be able to get him in. I traded Butters this week, so im gonna need a hefty bank with the likes of Scott and Atkins on my my bench. I could bring Laird in this week if i commit to trading Constable or Libba but is that smart?
    With Rotham being named i could pass on Laird this week, dowmgrade Clark – Rotham which will give me 469k in the bank and can loophole 2 of Duursma/Scrimshaw/Rotham.
    Any ideas community?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Cheers, Tommy! If it's a case of who is the better option to bring in then it's Fyfe every day of the week. Laird hasn't shown that ceiling he had last year. His price should remain fairly consistent (b.e of 104 this week). You'll miss out on so much cash jumping off Constable now, Libba playing like a keeper.

• TommyC99 says:

Cheers Kev! I do agree id much rather Fyfe over Laird and if it means waiting an extra week to make an upgrade then so be it.
        Scott looks like the one to make way for Fyfe but i'd need fyfe to drop to 535k which aint happening. So i will need to make another rookie trade to raise the cash. Or i just do Atkins – Fyfe in one trade but he has a negative BE so not sold on that.

Do i pull the trigger on Clark – Rotham or hope Hayes plays another good game so i can downgrade Parker – Hayes? Is Rothams JS solid enough with Barrass out?

• Nice_Person says:

If you can trade aitkins to fyfe you do it, who cares if Atkins will make a little more cash, fyfe will also increase in price so that offsets the raise in Atkins price

• TommyC99 says:

Yea Atkins – Fyfe can be done without another downgrade, but if i did bring in Rotham or Hayes, would it be smart to punt Scott instead since he aint making cash?

• Maverick_ says:

Scott's a very very slow burn from here with a few 40s and a 20. and he's been omitted not 'managed' this time he will struggle to make it back in norths 22 he is always running away from the ball! I'll be looking to punt him before atkins

• SC_Kev7 says:

All things being relative, Atkins should gain around 25-30k this week. Fyfe's b.e is 164 and will remain high for another week with that 63 still in his system. Worth waiting at least a week

• Maverick_ says:

I am in the exact same situation for me it’s clarke to sic & I’ll have 70k left n probably have to pass on Fyfe next week who I’m dead keen on gettin! I think I may go down to rotham (if named) this week to build the bank. I don’t want to miss Fyfe at a juicy price of 560k n Fyfe’s ceiling is what gets him over the line and the C option each week so he’s priority.

Libba is doing more than enough to hold his place in our teams tommy & constable still has too much cash too make if he keeps his avg up. I won’t cull either yet

• TommyC99 says:

Completely agree Mav, and if Hayes can be a good option next week with a bit of luck ill be able to get Laird at a fairly similar price in 2 weeks. I'm intrigued about Rotham. Going to make good coin but can he stay in the team for 3-4 weeks?

• Maverick_ says:

Yeah I really don’t know about Rothams JS but with few fat cows on the horizon I think it’s a risk I’ll take with a 56 & 98 he can score well. Clark has tuohey back now so his JS now decreased & even if he gets named again his TOG and output you’d assume will take a hit. I'll wait for final teams to drop for rotham.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Not a huge West Coat follower but it seems they are doing a 'last man in, first man out' thing with their team selections. I don't believe he has good enough job security to get 3-4 price rises

• TommyC99 says:

So you would pass on Rotham and hope Hayes is a good pick next week? If hes not i can just upgrade Atkins – Fyfe

2. UpBeat says:

Could be a few huge scores this week. Captain choice out of Neale, Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe or Danger? Who do you think will smash it?

3. Swoopsta says:

Hold or trade H Andrews? Assuming it's 1-2 weeks out as per AFL injury list

4. Matt says:

So a left field move here a real shark move you may say
    Goldy too Rotham free up around 400k via a couple DPPs
    O'brien would become my R2 i got him last week i'd be hoping to get grundy in a month when ROBs cash gen stalls at around 450k. 400k would be nice to fix up a few holes in my 22..
    thoughts?

• Matt says:

I'd actually have 700k in my bank i already have 350 in bank sitting there

• Nice_Person says:

I thought goldy has been going OK?

• Matt says:

been okay yes but ROB only 13 pt less avg the cash generation and bank of 785k is tempting could grab atleast 3 premos across my 22.
        O'Brien should get too 400-450k by the byes or am i asking too much?
        grundy is a must have around the byes is all so it'll be goldy to grundy then either way or make cash by doing O'Brien NP.
        Have i got this all wrong and risking too much

• KSinny says:

Gotta risk it to get to the top. If u think OB can keep his scoring then I would say yes do it, the 15 or so points youd lose from Goldy wouldn't matter if u had an extra premo or two over a couple of rookies.

• Matt says:

what can we expect ROB to make by the time jacobs returns though, 450k?
            I still need a bank to get grundy in around byes

• Patch says:

Agreed, have to risk it for the biscuit. It could completely detail your season though, Matt, and getting Grundy in could cost you 400k to go from ROB to him if the timing is off.

• Rick Grimes says:

I'm running ROB at R2 at present. It's a fun ride. Actually think he'll pump out a ton or two shortly. Looks a good player.

• Matt says:

i want too do it but getting cold feet on rotham i don't think he gets named.
        Leaving me with no real downgrade target in the fwd or backline to make this happen

• Matt says:

Rotham missed out now i don't know how to make this happen 🙁

5. bc7 says:

Looking at going Clarke out this week; have a budget of $550,000, what are your thoughts community? Laird, Stewart maybe a Rampe or Pittard?
    Cheers

6. UpBeat says:

Trade to who?

7. TelescopicCox says:

Who do we think the Hutchings tag goes to – Danger or Kelly?

Tossing up between Sicily, Rocky & Kelly for Darling. I want to keep some money to bring in either Fyfe or Kelly next week once they bottom out

8. Matt says:

realistically what can we expect O'Briens price to get too by the time jacobs returns in 5-6 weeks, 450k?

• Mick says:

I’d be happy with $400k. Easy upgrade to a premo fwd by DPP or nice bank if a fwd rookie actually turns up.

• Holty01 says:

Hi Matt. Just be mindful that Jacobs is out for up to 6 weeks. I’ve known of players coming back weeks earlier then they were meant to come back. Not saying this will happen but make sure you have a plan B

• Patch says:

I reckon 350k is more realistic, but wouldn't rule out 400k.

• sc_damage says:

anyone else got him at R2? I had to bin the hoff… worked out well so far

• JohnDJ59 says:

I have O'Brien at R2, I will be trading him out at round nine for Grundy, since it looks like that will be when Grundy hits his lowest price point and O'Brien should have gone up by about 200k by then.

9. Shake_n_bake says:

Curnow to miss.

10. BradleyTC99 says:

Thoughts on Josh Rotham community? With the likes of Clark and Scrimshaw close to culling do we need to take a risk on a def rookie with shaky JS?

• Brn says:

Im taking a risk on him if naked. Best defender there is right now for scoring potential so he only needs a few games to make what others would.

11. Dan says:

Apparently Phil Davis is still in doubt for the Giants. If he's not able to play Hately is the most likely replacement.

• Holty01 says:

I hope so but don’t see a midfielder to be the likely replacement for a key position defender. Fingers crossed.

• Nice_Person says:

Yeah not sure how hatley is most likely for Davis

• COREYSC says:

Cause they brought in Corr I assume

• Dan says:

Yeah, that's what was suggested on afl.com.au. Since they've brought Corr in, it would allow them to bring in Hately if Phil Davis doesn't play.
          Though I'm not sure either. We'll have to wait and see.

12. Brett says:

What time will we know sunday teams?

13. Dash says:

Have not made a trade this week and didn't get Stack, Baker or Ross in.
    Should I just hold for next week or what trade could I make this week. 27 trades and 146k

Laird, Whitfield, D Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Burgess, Clark,
    Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable, Scott, Atkins, Gibbons
    Gawn, Grundy, Bines
    Danger, Heeney, Boak, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle, Setterfield, Balta

• Valens_FC says:

Burgess to Rotham (if selected) might be the one assuming Rotham takes the place of Barrass. Clark I think will be back next week probably in place of O`Connor, but Clark out also an option. Then in a good position to upgrade Moore / Scrimshaw next week.

• silversovereign says:

Nice looking side dash. Whats your rank?

14. Steeeve says:

Hateley being dropped really puts a dent in my plans to paint the fence and bring in Fyfe next week. Absolute worst timing with Ross playing Wednesday too, I'd have brought him in for sure otherwise.

15. Shake_n_bake says:

Redden out maybe Rotham comes in

16. Shake_n_bake says:

Gibbs out to

• Russty_ says:

Looks to be named shake..where'd you hear that?

• Maverick_ says:

Hasn't travelled to melbourne with the team russty looks set to miss with gastro, chayce travelled as emergency

• Russty_ says:

Oh ok, cheers mate, I don't have him but seems weird he was named in the Team.

• Maverick_ says:

yeah been fighting gastro they were giving him every chance to get up mate so easier to name him and withdraw if he isn't better i guess. hopefully a positive for crouch & smith owners

• Shake_n_bake says:

Didn’t travel with the team

• Lazza says:

According to Pyke on the radio today If it is a 24 hr dose, Gibbs will travel on a later flight. Game isn’t till 4:35 pm

17. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Kinda content with holding Sheed for this week, redden out should put Sheed in the midfield role and venables half forward

18. Gav says:

Hey champions what's going on with Pettrucelle. Named emergency or just on extended bench? Anybody in the know?

19. Ja191 says:

do i loop collins with duursma or scrimshaw?

• Kym says:

Duursma.

• redherringfc says:

I usually put the E on the earliest player, Duursma in this case, and then if I use the loophole I try to put the latter player on the bench, Scrimshaw in this case. This way you’re covered, as best as you can, for a late out.

I’ve been caught out before, trying to get an extra 20 points and ending up copping a donut.

I also think in this case, Collins will go ok against the Lions.

• Russty_ says:

Hey JA, I'd put the E on Duursma and have Collins as my last choice after his miserable 45 last week.

20. TommyC99 says:

Rotham not named. Can’t say it’s not expected but it throws a spanner in the works for what I can do with Clark

21. Paddy Danger says:

Guys, I’m thinking cousins up to Rocky. I’ve got 300 in the bank, but with this trade, I’ll be down to 25. Thoughts?

• Is he a premo mid? I have 5 better plus fyfe. that leaves m7/8 and the way Walsh and Libba are playing ,they can't be denied. but we still need quality benches. Go for it PD I am and what the heck , Rocky gets the V C ,NDD

• Russty_ says:

25's alright for round 6 Paddy, go for it if you think he's a keeper top 8.

22. BradleyTC99 says:

Hey guys,

So Rotham not being named sucks. So i'm left with Clark and no idea what to do with him. I can upgrade him but that would mean passing up on Fyfe the following week. Do i just hold him and hope there are downgrade options next week or just make the upgrade and pass on Fyfe?

23. Lekdog says:

We are LIVE and talking #supercoach. Got questions? I may have answers. https://www.twitch.tv/lekdoggames

24. Brn says:

Will see how answerth goes this week and will jump on for clark a week early if looking good. Corbett could go ok too

25. Russty_ says:

Hately 4779 traded in,
    Rotham 3432 traded in
    Constable 3254 traded out
    What are people doing out there?…lol

• Maverick_ says:

hopefully these people are ahead of us in the rankings russty if so we are laughing we will be leap frogging them all soon enough haha

• Russty_ says:

I'm sure they're ahead of me mate, I'm having a shocker this year but made a bit of a comeback last week. 🙂

• Lazza says:

Must be those who were given 40 trades by mistake.. I’d take a bet that none of ‘em know how to loop hole … or are fantasy players who set and forget each week.

26. Gainsy says:

Ldu and cousins to selwood and rockliff…. crazy?
    Light on for premos but heaps of cash in the bank.
    Only playing for mini league.

27. Maverick_ says:

what do we know about mitch lewis from hawks? i know NIL.
    Even a bit of insight on corbett and answerth, lachlan young would be appreciated chasing a def/fwd rookie with solid JS

• Russty_ says:

Hey Mav, at 198 cm and 95kg's he's probably gonna be Roughie's replacement when he retires, knowing the Hawks they'll keep playing him I reckon, if there's room, looked pretty good in his debut…but he is a tall key forward.
      Apparently had to choose between playing District Cricket, Golf ( 1 Handicap) and Footy and chose Footy.
      Maybe Derek could tell you more about him, or Hawk131415… ,if he didn't have an implosion the other night.

• Brn says:

I like him but i don't if that makes sense. Very much a key forward and looks to be set for 10-15 touches max, and 1-2 goals a week. Like rusty said, he is the proposed 'heir' to roughhead (apparently why hawks didn't chase lynch too hard) which sounds promising, but for once i actually don't like him as an option

• Brn says:

But i guess all we are looking for is someone who will play and improvement. 2 ticks there. Sorry for being so inconclusive.

• HallyMate says:

The one thing Hawks is missing is a power forward that can take a mark, Clarko been letting him stew in the VFL to develop I reckon he will get a good run of games now, 10 score involvements last week says a lot.

• Nice_Person says:

Cmon lets leave hawk alone, he's obviously been banned and can't defend himself anymore so no need to bring him up and have a (little) dig

1 handicap is good, would be interesting seeing a bloke that big play

• Russty_ says:

I wasn't having a dig, I hope Lek lets him back in, I don't harbour any ill feelings towards him, he has some deep seated resentment towards me but I can deal with that. I get he's a passionate guy, but not sure why he has a problem with me.
          Not everyone's gonna like everyone here, it's just the way it is.
          Your mate however, I don't mind if he stays banned.

• silversovereign says:

What did he get banned for?

• Russty_ says:

Well, I called Sicily a Flog, as everyone does, and Hawk took it personally and then it just went on and on.
            Hope Lek and or Patch let's him back in, I miss his 68 commas and 37 exclamation points in each post lol.
            He's not a bad guy, he just hates my guts but that's fine haha

• silversovereign says:

Haha. Sicily is a massive flog. Hawk went on and on with me the other day when I pulled him up for spouting wrong rules. Rather than put his hand up and admit he was wrong he suggested not going on about it. Oh the irony.

• Nice_Person says:

Again boys digging at a bloke that can't respond. Doesn't look good

• Terry says:

Are you 66 or Wow from last year? Because you and that hawks guy sound like them that's all

• Russty_ says:

No one was digging, why did you have a dig at us …again?…most posts you've done lately have been digs at people.
                  You and your toxic useless mate who mostly exclusively have digs at people…and then they all get deleted.
                  You're just trying to start trouble and turn people against eachother, like you've always done.
                  You're both very transparent in what you do here.

• silversovereign says:

Nice person 🤔You, like hawk, are confusing stating facts with having a dig. Only someone on the wrong side of the argument would have that view.

• Frank says:

Pretty obvious that hawk and nice person are the same bloke but doesn’t matter. Good to know your still around!

• Maverick_ says:

Is hawk in any leagues with us..
                      He in any of yours russty?
                      all a bit suss

• Derek says:

Lewis isn't too bad. He is very good below his feet for a big guy, runs good, trys hard. I think what you saw last week will be what you get from him. I'll have a look at him next week as a forward rookie downgrade. $149k

28. Shake_n_bake says:

Higgins out tonight big out

29. TelescopicCox says:

What move to make community?

B – Lloyd Crisp Williams Duursma Wilkie Hore (Burgess Lockhart)
    M – Macrae Cripps Treloar Coniglio M.Crouch Walsh Constable (Gibbons Scott Setterfield)
    R – Grundy Gawn (O’Brien)
    F – Danger Heeney Darling Moore Drew Petreculle (Balta, Bines)

1. Darling to Kelly
    2. Darling to Rocky
    3. Darling to Fyfe
    4. Darling to Sicily

Thanks for the tips this week!

Fyfe

• Nice_Person says:

Or Kelly, your fwd line sucks

• Russty_ says:

Good side TC, except for Darling obviously, I reckon just go fwd for fwd in Kelly, he's cheap and good except for the 39 score.
      How much money left over if you do that?
      The other guys, Fyfe and Sicily could probably wait a bit.

• TelescopicCox says:

Cheers Russty. I’m probably getting too cute thinking of swinging in a premo on a different line. I’ll probably go Kelly who should be good for the long run

• Russty_ says:

It's probably better to keep you Mid/Fwd swing TC…I sacrificed mine last week and I don't like not having the option.

• kevdup says:

Faced with the same dilemma Tcox, leaning towards Kelly, need more forward contribution, am a little concerned that Hutchings may tag him, but he'll end up a top 6-8 forward by year end. Good luck

30. Brn says:

Gawn and grundy combo finally paying off. Lets see how all the o'brain R2 teams compare this week

• Rick Grimes says:

We'll be running an extra couple of premos in other lines, so think we'll be fine. I'll have your Grundy for a discount soon enough.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Grundy will be coming into my team in round nine for about a 70k discount, not as much as I hoped, but it will do. Hey Rick, looks like we are up against each other in the JR-Mega League this round.

• Nice_Person says:

Tell us about these extra premos Rick? The rookies in defence and mids have been performing great. So unless you have 6 premos in the fwd line I'm not sure that you really doing as well as what you say

O'Brien

31. Brett says:

Duursma and drew to both ton tonight. Calling it now

32. Tommy says:

Can’t loophole, field duursma or scrimshaw?

33. Holty01 says:

Was hoping to move on another rookie this week to upgrade next week. Doesn’t seem to be anyone available. Guess I’ll stay patient for another week.

34. TOPHAWK1 says:

I am the same Holty. Rotham didnt make the cut. Still have 25 trades, Walsh, Gibbons, Constable, ROB, Drew, Scrimshaw, Duursma, and Hore. So still plenty of rookie cash being generated. In hindsight I should have taken either Ross or Baker last week. Dont have Stack either. Just going to have to stay patient and hope Hayes is the saviour next week. Have Parker, Balta, Burgess, and Clark as the rook liabilities now. All in all no need to panic. Bloody tempting to whack the VC on Rocky tonight! Scored 172SC against North in the JLT.

35. Russty_ says:

Looks like Westhoff's started on the ball, might be turnaround time?

• Gainsy says:

Let's hope so… rob to hoff for a ruck/fwd option sounds nice

• Holty01 says:

Strangely enough I actually thought to grab him tonight as no rookies around. Only thing stopping me was Moore had already played so couldn’t swing him back for Clark. I saw a bit from him last week when Marshall was back. Wasn’t needed in the forward line. Could be an option next week……..maybe

• Derek says:

Interesting

36. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Let's go Rocky VC, big game from you tonight please

37. COREYSC says:

Any danger of Drew or Butters doing something! Lift Lads!

38. One Touch Wonder says:

I put the C on Rockcliff tonight for a big SHARK MOVE

39. Holty01 says:

Damn. Looks like Ziebell has gone to Rocky.😫

40. JugHead says:

Norf kicking into their forward line is the greatest display of butchery since jack the ripper…….

41. Russty_ says:

Drew and Duursma, I guess we can hope for 65 from each of them?..bit of a bummer they both had slow starts.

42. Ben says:

Boak is a machine. Only 75% game time but when ever he's on he's always getting it.

43. Kewbie Bear says:

Glad I looped butters with Stack!

44. JohnDJ59 says:

I'm hoping Boak VC can in some small way make up for me taking the VC off Gawn.

45. Nuggety says:

Jeez these port rookies can play…

46. Russty_ says:

Port fans booing Pittard every time he gets near it, almost as bad as the Bombers fans last night.
    Those 3 Bombers fans in the picture make Pies fans look classy lol

47. Finnius says:

Not having Travis Boak is really hurting my season. Need to find a way to get him in quickly at this rate.

• Derek says:

Yeah. Need to get him.

Boak will be about $587k next week. That is starting to get expensive.

• TelescopicCox says:

He keeps getting it done. Hoping he has a quiet patch to come back down again but it’s looking unlikely

48. TommyC99 says:

So I’ve made my first SuperCoach stuff up of the year. Had duursma on field but swapped him out for Clark, and haven’t got the E on him. Do I cop the zero or upgrade Clark – Laird. It means I won’t be able to get Fyfe next week like I planned

49. AuroraBorealis?! says:

F*ck me rockliff is frustrating to watch

50. Bells says:

EFFING FMD ! Robbie Gray is trolling me now handing off that goal.
    Rage trade imminent!

• Russty_ says:

Don't know what's happened to Robbie this year Bells, seems to be a fringe player now. He's only 31 too, not like he's an old fossil.

51. Tommy says:

Larkey could be a nice downgrade in a couple weeks!

52. TommyC99 says:

Is anyone not gonna take Grundys score? I think the smart thing to do is to take it but Cripps looks real ominous Sunday arvo

53. Daniel says:

I had grundy as vc but to take his score I'd have to take my emergency score of 43 from Butters, should I do that or put the C on Neale or Cripps instead and play atkins on field?

54. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Made a trade just had a look at my team and for some reason it took the E off Duursma FFS!

Now gotta hope the 6 boys on the ground play this weekend. 🤞

55. Holty01 says:

Although Drew was very average tonight, can’t really complain when a rookie has averaged me 76 from his last 3 games. Nice money to be made as well.

56. TBone_9 says:

Hey guys, quick question. Since I had the emergency on Stack and put Scott on field to get his score over Butters as well as big Maxy’s VC score, can I throw an emergency on Atkins as well in the rare case one of my other midfielders has a late out? Or once I do that will I not get Stack’s score and it’ll automatically give me the lower of Stack and Atkins scores? Not well explained but any response is appreciated 🙂

• Maverick_ says:

yeah TBone if you have two emergency's selected on your midfield bench you'll be given the lower score.

• DavidC says:

Atkins plays the last game, just leave the E off until just before the game and plonk it on if needed at that stage.

• TBone_9 says:

Cheers Maverick and David for the responses. Him playing last game makes it a lot easier

• RoyWetard says:

Don't put E on Atkins. If a player is a late out just put Atkins on field for them.

57. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Pulled the trigger on Scrimshaw to Sicily just now, feels like this will be around the cheapest ill get him for a while. i was considering waiting until next week but the sooner the better really, the most i lost out on is 10k

• JohnDJ59 says:

I feel you have gone a bit early on that one AB, Scrimshaw still has a good three weeks of making cash for us. Even If you really wanted Sicily that bad, you still could have waited a week like you had planned.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Fair enough, i just think the potential extra cash isn't worth losing the potential extra points.

• Derek says:

Scrimshaw to Laird is looking like my trade next week.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

I started with Laird Derek, wish i went with Lloyd instead as i was considering, i would've been pretty happy picking up Laird as my first upgrade for 520k

58. Josh says:

Sicily or Hurn? money is not an issue

59. Tommy says:

is houli the real deal at approx 430-450k? or should i be spending that extra 100k on someone like laird sic hurn etc..

60. ROB14 says:

Put the big C on Neale, Fyfe or Cripps!? Put the VC on Rocky which didn't work out to well!

61. Shake_n_bake says:

Only 3 games in but geez every team you come up against in your leagues are a head scratcher which way they are going to go!

• As the resident Shake and Bake king, is getting Westhoff back and pocketing 180k for the 2nd best forward 2018 with a great bye and a good game last night, worthy ? At worst a great F7 DPP

• Holty01 says:

If no other rookies pop their heads up, it maybe a move some will have to do.

• Shake_n_bake says:

I would be trying to get your best 22 1st. If you think they are are a fallen premo or someone that’s bargain priced and will be at least top 10 by seasons end go for it. Some players start off slow or positional changes that you see the also come home strong. I wouldn’t be topping up on someone yet that you would hope to fill say m7 m8. Only get them in if you really believe they will be a m7 or m8.Build your coins like l have this week target only top 8 to 10 players. Im trying to build my war chest and only when l think its right to say pick up Fyfe who will come down again this week Whitfield in a couple of weeks hopefully and Neale in a couple of weeks. This is the only time l will be making a trade.

• Shake_n_bake says:

I would be trying to get your best 22 1st!! If you think they are are a fallen premo or someone that you think will be in your top 8-10 in that position by seasons end go for it.

62. wtf says:

Anyone else having trouble accessing Supercoach, I keep getting this when trying to log in:

" Access Denied
    You don't have permission to access "http://myaccount.newssit.com.au/content/error.html?" on this server.
    Reference #18.9cc2ce17.1556314763.7fa9d "

63. Choosing the final M7 / 8 may be a matter of choosing someone from 7 to 12. The top 6 pick themselves but is Treloar any better than a walsh Libba or Rocky Really S C history is littered with M 9's that were M8 at the pointy end Kelly and Motlop for instance. What's the points differential between previous M8 's and 10 anyone Derek will know but i bet it's insignificant especially at this early stage.I have Libba Walsh and Rocky and though one will become Fyfe I am happy to go with two but which two? NDD

• Pranav says:

Who’s the top 6 that pick themselves?

• Sharkmove_King says:

I'll have a guess. Neale, Cripps, Macrae, Fyfe…I'm stuck. Oliver maybe.

Backline is the most predictable. Lloyd, Sicily, Laird, Whitfield, Hurn top 5

• Pranav says:

lots of good options in the backline which is scary considering i only have lloyd and laird looking like the only affordable one

• redherringfc says:

Hopefully Oliver and Crouch round out the 6.

Forward line would be easy if 5 of them didn’t all play for Geelong:

Danger, Hawkins, Kelly, Menegola, Dahlhaus and Heeney. 😉

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'd have Boak in there and Billings is putting his hand up.

• redherringfc says:

I was joking, but if those 5 were spread across a few teams then they could all be top 6, although Dahlhaus would be questionable.

I’ll probably be taking 3 of them into the byes, which is a bit of a concern.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I like Danger, who everybody should have, Kelly and Heeney. I'm happy with my six at the moment, Danger, Boak, Billings, Kelly, Dunkley, Worpel. If I end up getting Heeney in it would be for Dunkley, but only after I upgrade my other lines.

• redherringfc says:

I’m getting Kelly next week and then Hawkins asap, probably the week after. My forwards are so weak at the moment.

Hawkins is going to be a top 6 player, but don’t recall anyone mentioning him on this site. I might have to ride a few 70’s (hopefully that’s as low as he goes) but there’ll be some massive ones to go with it.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Hawkins is a top fwd, but most people stay away due to him being a key position player.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Walsh M8 at the moment

He may tire but he is covering the most distance each game so super fit, gr8 endurance and may just go the distance.

• Holty01 says:

the big question is, what does everyone consider a top 8 mid to be? Is it the best average, most points? I believe in none of this, I believe in what they actually average once you bring them into your team.
      For example, last year Cogs was a great pick but only if you started with him. If you bought him in about rd6, he was an awful pick.
      Another example is if you pick Neale now. If he averages 105 for the rest of the season, do you consider him being a top 8 for you because his season average ends up being 114?
      In the end, this is simply another perspective of how someone looks at a top 8 midfielder.

• Derek says:

The biggest difference will be games missed. Averages won’t mean anything if they miss 2+ games.

How is Fyfe’s elbow?

• Holty01 says:

thats Why I didn’t start him. It was between him and Neale. I went with durability and ended up getting much more then expected for the beginning of the season

• Sharkmove_King says:

The way you view it is absolutely correct

• Jeez you guys talk sense. So obvious .110 would do me so fYfe's in but then as Derek says we must factor in games missed .Maybe that's what Derek was alluding to when he was thinking of picking Rocky. Taking into account both Hotly and Derek's comment I wish I didn't pick him-will miss games and wont average 110 from here on Hope I am wrong Thanks guys

64. Macrae Cripps Oliver Fyfe Neale MCrouch then Bont Treloar Libba Walsh Rocky Zerrett only my take ,any of those last six is worthy

65. redherringfc says:

Since Butters stank it up, Atkins or Gibbons?

Going on last week, I have to go Gibbons don’t I?

• Pranav says:

I’d go gibbons because I don’t think Atkins has the ceiling to punish you with a ton on the bench. That being said bringing in curnow for polson means we are very tall in the forward line so gibbons might be back in the forward line

66. BradleyTC99 says:

So i can take Grundys score but it would mean i cant loop Parker and Petrucelle, so part of me actually doesnt want to take Grundys score and whack it on Cripps. Thoughts community?

67. Pman says:

Hi Community, thoughts on taking Grundy's 134 as VC? My normal cut off is 135 and he scored 134. Do I stick to my standards and contemplate Neale, Cripps or Danger or am I being greedy by not accepting a solid 134? None of my opponents have Grundy as VC and I am stumped as to which way to go? Thoughts…?

• Holty01 says:

Stick to your standard pman. But imo, 135 is very high.

It's your cut off, if you have a 135 cut off then 134 isn't enough

• KSinny says:

If your cutoff is 135 then 134 is fine, if someone scores 150 your only getting 16 more points bit if they get a 90 odd your missing out on 40 odd points.

• JohnDJ59 says:

What's the point of having a cut off score if you don't stick to it, his main problem is it's too high a score, he would be better dropping it to at least 130, then he wouldn't have to think about it.

• JohnDJ59 says:

If your cut off is 135 then you can't take it, that's why you have a cut off score, that said, mine is 125, so I don't have your type of problem, maybe you should think about dropping it to 130 instead, since having it at 135 is going to keep bringing up these type of problems for you.

• SC_Donkey says:

My cut off is 135+, realisticly 130-135+ is what really accept from my VC.

So your cut off is actually 130? Lol
        I don't understand this cut off talk, and then you say you take lower?

• SC_Donkey says:

130-135 doesn't really mean I'd take 130, let's say 135 is my cut off. If my VC scores 133 or 134 then I would highly consider take that score. If the VC scores 131 or 132 maybe I'll take it depends on who I have the C on or who my C is versing.

• Russty_ says:

It' pretty easy to understand, why do you care?…you're the best player Supercoach has ever seen…according to you.
          "respect the greatness"

• Pman says:

Appreciate the feedback fella's and agree by cut off is probably to high and will reset it to 130 moving forward. A few of my opponents have Fyfe as VC tonight so I'll sit tight and see how he goes and will still have option of taking Grundy's 134 or rolling the dice on Cripps or Danger tomorrow. If Fyfe is quiet tonight then I'll 100% lock in Grundy's 134.

68. TommyC99 says:

Is anyone elses supercoach down/not working? I cant get onto the website or the app. It better start working before the crows game or imma be angry

69. BrownlowBoy says:

Supercoach is up and running again.

70. Dave says:

Couldn't help myself community. I've messed up. Traded clark to answerth and he hasn't even played a game. Needed the cash too bad.

71. Holty01 says:

Go Neale……. That is all.

72. Training Cray says:

So I'm in the unfortunate position of having Burgess and Balta wasting away on my bench. Is it worth trading them or is it just a waste of a precious trade considering how little cash they've generated?

• Lekdog says:

Trade em when you have a decent option to go to

• Sharkmove_King says:

There's no right answer to that as theirs very many different factors at play so everyone's different. For example is you going for rank/flag? How many trades have you used? etc.

Personally, I hang on to them unless 2 things happen. I'm facing a donut, or something irresistible comes along to downgrade to.

Otherwise I'd cash them in at byes if I look.like going in short 1 week.

• Training Cray says:

Cheers for the advice guys! This week ive used Burgess as a loophole for Duursmas 85 and Balta at least beat his B/E so it's not all doom and gloom I guess! Will start looking for a must have rookie to move them on for.

73. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Big night last night and woke up late to trade Collins to Brodie Smith bloody hell

74. Shake_n_bake says:

Note to non Neale owners. Get him in quick smart. 13 touches at 50% 9 handballs. And on 54 at half time.

75. Brn says:

Needing a big second half from vc neale. Been disappointing and lucky in sc

76. Yeahnah says:

Rowan Marshall out. Dodged a bullet there

77. JohnDJ59 says:

I know Neil has touched on this, but I would like to know who people are looking at to have as their final top eight midfielders. I currently have Cripps, M.Crouch, Cogs, Walsh. Looking at getting in Neale, Bont, Fyfe, Oliver.

• Tommy says:

Walsh is not a top 8 mid. Surprising you don’t mention macrae, he’s just about a lock. Josh kelly in there somewhere too

• JohnDJ59 says:

Depending on how I go with my other lines, Walsh might have to end up my M8, not sold on Macrae for what we have to pay for him, going with Bont instead.

• I agree Walsh shouldn't be but it depends on those between M6 and M11. I wouldn't be dismissing him yet remember Oliver 2 years back. just dont know about Cogs position in the mix

• BoltonsBlues says:

No reason why Walsh couldnt sit at M8 all year, average of just under 100 and you can tell why there was such a hype around him, kids a jet

• Tommy says:

History is a pretty good reason. Name 1 other 18 year old that has averaged 100 for a full season. Happy to eat my words but he will get tired at some point, they always do!

78. Holty01 says:

A 62 point quarter for Neale. Wow

79. Ja191 says:

I get he's been influential but like neale jumps more than the guy who actually kicks the goal

80. Frank says:

I know it’s not sc, but who wins today saints or crows? Can’t decide!

81. Tommy says:

Answerth see you in 2 weeks!

82. Benjiherb says:

Thinking zorko is the worst player Captain in the comp.
    Used to be a gun now he doesn't know where the footy is .

• Tommy says:

He was Brisbane’s main man a few years back, he’s not now. Spends a lot of time forward! Still a much better captain than Tex.

83. JEL says:

Is this the year of the Rich?
    Another ton…. will he be a top 6 defender at the end of the year?

• Browncow says:

He might go close JEL. Lek will be clearing his voice for the pod now.

• JEL says:

I've still got scars from a few seasons ago, not sure if I can go there again.

• Derek says:

Same here. I’ve already got Brodie Smith, couldn’t get Rich as well. I’d be forced to get Shaw then.

He is taking all of Witherdens points though

• hedski says:

Ha ha, i remember at the start of the season you saying if we pick Brodie we might as well get Rich..
            Maybe we should have?

• Browncow says:

Neither can I. Still eventually hoping for the dream defence with Lloyd, Whitfield, Hurn, Laird and Sicily (stuck with Williams like most of us).

84. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Looking at the stats, i don't know how Neale's game warranted 140+ points. I didn't watch the game so he must have had a huge impact to explain that inflated of a score. Can anyone who watched confirm how good his impact was?

• Benjiherb says:

3 assists

• silly says:

was big in the third when game was there to be won

• Yeahnah says:

broke it open in the third. didn't notice him for the rest of the game, not sure how he was on 55 odd at half time

• Derek says:

He just keeps getting it done.

There are 2 types of people in this world. Those who have Neale and those who don’t.

There is a sub-set, for which I belong, those who always had him in their pre-season team but moved him out after JLT.

• Pranav says:

I belong to the one that don’t have neale and for some strange reason never really considered him in the preseason

• BoltonsBlues says:

Dont know if you're a betting man Derek, smacked him for the Brownlow at $41-1, stand to win a small fortune (25k all up nearly) if he takes home Charlie
        Was first picked, locked and loaded into the middle

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

I belong to that subset as well Derek, flicked him for Clarry once i saw that he was over his shoulder surgery.

• JohnDJ59 says:

He was in and out of my team pre-season, but was one of two to go from my mids when I decided I needed to improve my fwd line.

• TommyC99 says:

I am also one of those people. I swapped him out for Macrae after i was able to start scrimshaw instead of Collins

• Holty01 says:

I’m a Neale owner so very happy. But tend to agree he scored probably 15-20 more then he deserved. He ended being probably the most influential player on field however so if there is any additional points needing to be handed out, it tends to go to the players who influence the contest.

• Rick Grimes says:

I think CD might have him in a few teams. Seems to get points for breathing. Thankfully I own him. He and Cripps never left my side preseason.

• Shake_n_bake says:

Pendles 38 possies at 87%! 25 kicks 13 handball 7 marks 7 tackles. Neale 27 at 74% 11 kicks 16 handball 4 marks 6 tackles. Both 14 contested.

• COREYSC says:

Brisbane kicked 4 goals in 4mins in the third quarter Neale got three center clearances two goal assists and a goal for himself for good measure!
      That broke the game open and was basically where the match was won. I think that's why his score was inflated so much at the end because of his influence on the game when the match was on the line at 44-44 just after half time.

85. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Also looks like Sloane is being tagged by Steele, love it.

86. KSinny says:

Sloane you spud

87. Benjiherb says:

Steven on 49 qtr time won't score past 100 full time ..

88. ThatsGoldJerry says:

Last week I traded in R Marshall for a huge 50 pts and now he is a late out…Is the bloke any good or not ??

89. Playing Dont Blush Baby in Guns n Rookies We are both on exactly 1000 and forcast for me is 2358 and DBB is 2360 Coincidence , wonder who will prevail

90. Dave says:

Brodie smith you gun. Anything 90+ from you and im looking good. Neale vc dam good. Looking at 2400+ atm

91. s c tragic says:

Looks like Hately has a gig after all. So if your brought him in you can breath out.

92. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Q for 2mrw.

As butters didnt do me any favours as the mid E which two on ground do we think?

1. Aikins/Meirs
    2. Gibbons/Meirs
    3. Aikins/petruculli
    4. Gibbons/Petruculli
    4. Meirs/Petruculli?

Based on season so far and how they have scored thinking 5 but if Gibbo plays mids again…??

93. Pranav says:

Jeez Parker has been good today

• COREYSC says:

Unfortunately didn’t get the Supercoach points he deserved I reckon only 61 points and he kicked 3 goals took 2 huge hangers too

• silly says:

Yeah he also gave away quite a few free kicks and had some silly turnovers

94. hedski says:

Probably one of the best games to watch so far this season.
    Tipped the Crows but this was the hardest game to split for mine.
    God Parker is exciting to watch.

95. COREYSC says:

Brad Crouch unlikely I think 84SC points with 30 touches and 11 clearances

96. Swans2012 says:

Laird in = a win, Marshall out = 🍩. Can’t catch a break this year…..

• Swans2012 says:

And now franklin for a double donut 🙁🔫

• JohnDJ59 says:

How can you have a donut, who is on your bench.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Might be holding setterfield and swung bines forward to get o'brien in

• Swans2012 says:

Two donuts not one, had the e on Moore in case he spudded it up, when he didn’t put Setterfield on to take his score, drew in second forward bench spot so by the time there was two late outs today he had already played so no one to switch them with, painful…..

• JohnDJ59 says:

I see, so the only way you could have avoided even just one donut would have been having Drew on field. That is bad luck having that happen Swan. I did have Setterfield in the mids, but I traded him out this weekend for Ross.

• Swans2012 says:

Yep just plain bad luck, for me it was Parker to Ross via sett this week (hence he’s marooned in my forward line) and Collins to laird which was at least good ….

• DavidC says:

Marshall was always going to burn a few, unlucky with the late out though.

97. Rick Grimes says:

Happy with my first rookie upgrade. R Laird is back!

98. Jester says:

Should I take Parkers 61 or field Petruccelle(58.8 avg)? Can't see Petrol kicking 5 against cats, although 65-70 usually my rookie loophole cutoff score.

99. TommyC99 says:

So are we taking Pakers 60 odd over Petrucelle?

100. Sam_01 says:

I wish Steele would hurry up and throw out an absolute dud score so I can justify trading him, blokes killing me

101. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

De boer tagging lloyd! 😤

102. Lazza says:

Take Parker’s 63 or put Typo Miers on field ?

103. James says:

Been a pretty good year so far however trading Zac Williams to Tom Stewart last week starting to look like a really bad trade. Also as a Richmond fan i did not think that Liam Baker had this sort of form in him!!

104. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Cogs smashing it.

105. BoltonsBlues says:

Whitfield struggling with a bad corked thigh, I like this, I like this a lot

106. Frank says:

Whitfield it’s just a corky, do something!!!

• Russty_ says:

Corkie's can be pretty bad Frank, can make players miss games, renders the muscle useless if it's a heavy one.

• Frank says:

He can miss next week that’s okay, my supercoach score this week is more important than the giants 😉 the one week none of my opponents have him!!

107. Russty_ says:

How good is ROB?…perfect interim Ruckman or bench cash cow..super consistent with his scoring so far.
    I'm surprised everyone didn't bring him in in his bubble week.

• Pranav says:

I think some people would of held Setterfield and it’s tough to justify 2 donuts in the forward line for a player that doesn’t give on field points

• Corey says:

I opted to hold Setterfield, one more trade in my pocket but missing some very good cash generation

• Maverick_ says:

I dropped goldy to make ROB R2 this week russty.
      I expect him too lose 10-15 pts on goldy most weeks but the 3-4 premium upgrades ill grab with my cash will far outweigh that and come byes or jacobs return i'll grab grundy. alot of risk but if it comes off i'm laughing.

• Russty_ says:

Bold move Mav, I respect that…he looks like Jacobs 10 years ago, maybe he'll even keep the old boy out. Will only get better with more experience.

• Maverick_ says:

yep i am really hoping he can hold off jacobs for #1 spot but very unlikely.
          i have 800k in my bank waiting to be used in the next 2-3 weeks. plus what ever cash i can grab from my fat cows..
          licking my lips

• Russty_ says:

I bet you are, should translate to around 100 extra points a week when you bring in the rolled gold premos, don't listen to any of those naysayers saying you should've started with Gawn and Grundy, good for them but some are just salty about it, mostly those 2 flogs who were polluting this place last night.

• BoltonsBlues says:

Getting ROB into R2 was the move to make unless you started Gawn and Grundy, 800k in the bank is 3 rookies up to premos

• Rick Grimes says:

True dat. More than one way to skin a cat. Not that i'd do that to old Salem puss puss.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Not sure where that puts me?
      Started Grawndy
      Kept setters (Good dpp loop with coin still to make)
      And traded parker to rob?

• Russty_ says:

Just puts you in a position with a nice coffer on the bench Trigga for when you're ready to spend it, Ideally, that would've been the thing to do whether you started with the 2 g's or not.
        It's guaranteed rookie maturation/ appreciation to the max. The ideal situation.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Brought him in on the bubble Russty, straight to R2, he can stay there till round nine, by then Grundy should have bottomed in price and I will then have the Grundy/Gawn ruck combo.

• Nice_Person says:

So Grundy will have dropped 50k?

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thinking about 60k, but not too concerned since round nine was always my target round for getting him in. It was either him or Cripps in my team at the start and I chose Cripps, who was cheaper. As its worked out it was the right call since I was going to have to upgrade to whoever I didn't get in and Cripps has gone up in price and is averaging more and Grundy will be cheaper than his starting price.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Not sure it matters how much he will have dropped, I was always planning on getting him in around the 7 to 9 round and O'Brien will have made enough for me by round nine.

• TelescopicCox says:

Very happy with ROB. Brought him in for Butters by moving Bines to F8. Will aim to offload him to a premo FWD around the byes

108. Russty_ says:

Libba, Bont, Macrae…what's happening?…gonna be some price changes soon.

109. Rick Grimes says:

How does Cogs have 25 touches, 4 goals and barely a ton? Ripped off.

110. AuroraBorealis?! says:

the one week i have Macrae as a unique he does this, unreal. Gotta love this game huh

111. Frank says:

Heeney and Whitfield vs Mumford and Lloyd. That game bit me in the ass haha

112. Russty_ says:

Come on Fyfey baby 150 please.

113. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Jezza looking good

With the delivery from the mids surely gotta be in the conversation of top fwd options.

Little daniel so precise with his kicking.
    Never waste a disposal like lloyd and sicily.

114. silly says:

Can someone help me out
    Fyfe BE of 164, how much will he drop if his score of 125 stands

115. Catman says:

On a positive note cats are still top of the ladder and haven’t even played yet!

• Russty_ says:

Cats to go deep into the finals this year I think Catman.

• COREYSC says:

Sounds good to me Catman👍🏻

• Lazza says:

Let’s not get carried away Neil… the Cats beat the Pies in R1 … R1 is rarely a measure of the year ahead… they’ve beaten the bottom team, and 3 others outside the 8… I think the Cats were beaten by one of this year’s grand finalists in R4 at the Cattery.. be interesting to see how they go against West Coast at home … the Cats should win… if they don’t I think their Premiership chances are questionable.

• redherringfc says:

They’re my tip for premiers also. Am I getting carried away, as well? It’s my opinion, would you rather if I went with someone else’s?

How about that lovely Eddie McGuire?

116. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Danger or Cripps for captain this week fellas? I may as well do a coinflip at this stage.

Danger loves playing at Kardinia Park but im worried he'll get played forward (like last round) and/or tagged by hutchings, although i think Kelly will be who hutchings lines up on at the first bounce.

Cripps doesn't have an awesome average against Hawthorn, although he's in some good form and as far as i'm aware hawthorn don't tag (Daniel Howe??)

Gut is going Danger atm, who's everyone else going with?

117. silly says:

How much will cog drop?

118. silly says:

How much will whit drop

119. Derek says:

It feels like one step forward and two steps back this weeks.

Heading for average again

At least I know I’ll be getting Laird in next week, would have liked if he didn’t get his BE this week, but I’m still ok, glad I kept a bit in the war chest.

• Maverick_ says:

Fyfe, Laird & Whitfield all on my watch list over the next 2-3 weeks Derek should all be a nice price.

• silversovereign says:

I seem to get around 2250 every week and this week looks to be the same. Will bring in Fyfe next week or the week after.

• Derek says:

Blakely got through a game in the reserves yesterday, he will be back next week. See how he fits into the team. I’m guessing Walters will go forward.

120. dontblushbaby says:

Anyone looking at risking Toby Greene @ 354k ? is value if he can stay on the park !

121. Nice_Person says:

Time to move libba on?

• TelescopicCox says:

If you can get him to an Uber premo then yes, otherwise hold. Macrae and Libba both down. They should bounce back

• Holty01 says:

I think he will be like Williams. 1 bad game and people get scared and jump off the bandwagon only to have him backup with a few good scores. I’d hold.

• Sam_01 says:

I’d be holding libba mate both he and macrae threw out stinkers last two weeks they will bounce back

• TOPHAWK1 says:

May need to seriously be considered. He was projected to go 140 this week and he only scored half of that. (71 SC) and missed his BE by 12 SC. Those numbers tell me his BE is going to absolutely sky rocket next week and will start bleeding serious cash. I have Darcy Moore, and Brad Crouch as well. Out of those 3 I think Libba is my biggest concern right now.

• Dave says:

BE aside, libba should be good to continue to score well. Should be focusing on upgrading parker, petrol, butters, clark etc

• TommyC99 says:

I’m considering Libba – Fyfe atm

122. Steve says:

Not sure who to field out of Gibbons, Constable and Atkins

123. Sam_01 says:

1843 with walsh Cripps danger and scrimshaw to go probably set for a bit of a rank slide from 1600
    How we all tracking?
    Side note would we condone trading Steele to Fyfe next week, can straight swap him or should I preserve all cash for rookie upgrades?

124. Shake_n_bake says:

Gray broken hand

125. Cliffy says:

Hi all,

Take Parker's 63 over Petruccelle for today?

Petruccelle playing down at the Cattery, and plus 4/5 scores for him been under 63 so far this season has my gut leaning towards banking the score.

Thoughts?

126. Dave says:

Is boak worth nearly 600k this week? No other fwd premiums are in his league

• KSinny says:

Other than Danger

• Dave says:

Yeah danger too. But is boak worth the cash or shpuld i look at a daniel or worpel type?

• RoyWetard says:

If you think he'll average 110+ for the rest of the year, yeah. 105 or less, go for someone else first.

• Russty_ says:

Worpel's still good value too Dave, tracking for 90 ish. Can't afford Boak but might target Tom Hawkins or Westhoff soon.
          Reckon either could finish the season strong.
          I'd rather wait for Boak to have a bad game or 2.
          No other fwds are in his league yet…but time changes things.

127. Nice_Person says:

Are we worried about cogs hand?

128. UpBeat says:

Cripps or Danger for captain today or bank 134 from Grundy?

• TommyC99 says:

Im going Cripps only because i need to take the risk. 134 is pretty good

• UpBeat says:

I'm warming to Cripps. I think the Blues will have a red hot crack today with Cripps leading the way (again). Also I hope Simpson starts wearing his long sleeves ffs it's winter weather.

129. Shake_n_bake says:

Curnow out well well!!!!

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Called it early shake

Finger on the pulse mate…

• Shake_n_bake says:

Ill only post it if l know Trigga. Not sure why Carlton named him. Someone said it was fake news. Maybe I’ll just leave it till people find out for themselves

130. JohnDJ59 says:

Probably only one trade for me this week, Hayes looks like he might be worth bringing in. Then the week after will be looking at getting in Neale or Fyfe, with an up and downgrade, Clark to Answerth might be the go by then.

131. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Watch Danger go 180+ now that i went with Cripps as C

• silversovereign says:

He’s copping a hard tag from Howe. Lucky to be on 19 at qtr time. I have the C on him too.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

My gut was telling me to go Danger but i reasoned that Hutchings was a better tagger than Howe, looks like they're both pretty good at their role.

Is he copping the Hutchings tag?…8 points so far 🙁

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Apparently sunday was just a bad day for captaincy options 🙁

• Lazza says:

Who were your VC options AB?

• JohnDJ59 says:

AB had Rocky, so he didn't really have a choice but to go with someone else.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Went with Rocky as VC because my opponent in the cash league went Grundy and i wanted a POD. Thought i made an awesome choice when rocky was on 50 at QT, not to be unfortunately.

• Jester says:

Watching my Hawks coming home. Seems Danger is wearing the hutchings glove?

132. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Started Petrevski-Seton ✔️
    Traded in McKay ✔️
    Super premo Walsh ✔️
    Scrimshaw on bench 😢
    Cripps captain 💀

133. Lazza says:

Newman and Simpson both injured … out of the game … interesting trading week ahead

134. Pranav says:

i guess the positive is we have been in the lead for majority of the game for the past 3 weeks sucks to only have the 1 win but onwards and upwards

135. Doc_1 says:

Neck and neck in my main league. 3 points up at half time in the Geelong/west coast game.

Who wins?

Danger/Constable/+3 v Stewart/Kelly

136. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Anyone else think Walsh was hard done by not to get 90? Of course this is the week he's a unique

• BrownlowBoy says:

Didn't even crack 80

• Lazza says:

Nup… made quite few errors … still a good score for a rookie… I’m more surprised Cripps got 93 … his foot disposal was crap today… … not that it’s ever elite…

137. TOPHAWK1 says:

What a train wreck of a Sunday. Turds and injuries all over the place. Cripps, Newman, Danger (so far), and Simpson. Thank fark I took Fyfe's VC score and taking the C off Cripps. I will be lucky to hit 2100 this week. Tough tough round. How did others fare?

138. Derek says:

Needed Constable to score less than 50 for me to beat Shake.

139. Boris_Baconbeer says:

Thanks for destroying my season Darling. There's always one sour, rotten, bitter, disgusting, stinky, smelly, foul, gangrenous, necrotic,… give me a "C… C, give me a "U"… U, give me an "N"… N, guess the next letter… what does it spell "Jack Darling!" in every side every year.

• Russty_ says:

That's a whole lot of adjectives!…you could always trade Darling out for A pint of Milk.

• Boris_Baconbeer says:

I need the milk of the poppy! Tried to be disciplined and not trade out after last week. Crikey! I'm happy to give him to you Rusty. I think it would be less stressful having a doughnut in that position.

• Russty_ says:

Mate next time one of your players scores a 9, you gotta turf their useless butts…. Daring can't play in the wet or the dry apparently.

Hahahahahaha wow
      Never a good pick
      Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahah

• Boris_Baconbeer says:

Well obviously not! Just like some of the women, I dated in the past. I must have been drawn in by his beautiful long hairy legs ;P

• Russty_ says:

No worse than starting with Lynch and then sidewaysing to Westhoff, and then to Worpel in week 3 ay "Nice Person"?..maybe don't be so quick to laugh at others when you've had a pretty comical, trade wasting start…Did I mention Ridley also?

• Nice_Person says:

Russty Russty Russty, I havnt bothered looking at your team, how is it going?

• Russty_ says:

going alright, at least I'm not making trades out of pure panic lol, I wouldn't be ridiculing other people on their choices with your record this year..but you probably can't help it.

• Nice_Person says:

So should he hold darling then? Trade ppl if they aren't performing. Jog on rusty same old boring comments from a pretender

• Russty_ says:

Just calling you for what you are…a nasty prick who loves to kick people when they're down. At least he stuck with his guy for more than one week.

• Nice_Person says:

Yeah and it worked out great? Lost alot of value and will still have to trade? Please tell me how he is better off ffs rusty

• Russty_ says:

He should've traded him last week, not the point though, you're so quick to "hahahahah" him when you picked Lynch and then Westhoff?…Pot calling the Kettle black, you're no better at this game than he is. Stop pretending to be.

• Nice_Person says:

Plus if I kept lynch or Hoff my season would be done, much like bacon Butts is now

• hedski says:

Traded him to Daniel yesterday Boris, felt bloody great 👍

140. Ja191 says:

massive effort from kelly, 12 tackles ill take a 90

141. Russty_ says:

Miers is a good rookie, spewing I missed out of his dirty dreadlocks Hippy ass.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

He's a rippa.
      Brought him in on the bubble

Just like constable. A rook you can put on ground confident he will pump out a 60 plus every week.and also make you some sweet, sweet cash. 🤑

• Boris_Baconbeer says:

Of course, I benched him. Oh well.

142. Nice_Person says:

Par?

143. KSinny says:

Trash score this week with 2103, how'd everyone else fair?

144. COREYSC says:

2172 whats the par score

145. JohnDJ59 says:

2156 for me this round, won seven of my nine league games, lost one by one point, my heroes were Gawn, Boak (VC), M.Crouch, Z.Williams, Lloyd, Ross, O'Brien, Hore. Villans – Whitfield, Cripps, Danger. I guess Cripps and Danger weren't that bad since most teams have them.

146. _Kyle says:

All i can say is wow! After looking through my leages i saw what i thought to be the very first tie of the year with dont blush baby and demon delights tied on 2134 each only to look back 5 mins later and see that after scaling neils managed to bring home the biscuits 2139-2137! Wow

• dontblushbaby says:

You get that on the big jobs

• No idea says:

Went the other way for me. After the last game I was tied 2127 – 2127 with my opponent. I looked back ~ 15 minutes later to see I'd now lost 2127 – 2135 !

147. An update on my epic battle with DBB After day 2 level on 1000 and 2 the projected diff .Neck and neck since and i crawl over the line,but the gods said different ,downgrading petru and kelly to wait for it– a draw Great game DBB and this is what it is all about. great competition great dedicated coaches and a fitting result congrats DBB see you in Trigg's final i hope

148. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Over my years playing this game, one truth has become apparent: supercoach is less about who you select, it's more about who you dont select. I need to find a way to get Hurn, Whitfield, Neale and Boak in quick smart, each week without them is hurting me deeply

• Nice_Person says:

Well this week without whit helped

I think boak has got too expensive and just have to try pick the next one. Neale is a jet as is hurn

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Yeah happy that whitfield has stumbled, will look to pick him up in 2-3 weeks. Boak is definitely getting too expensive, will look at him after his bye where (hopefully) his scoring has settled down. Hurn and especially Neale are complete must haves and i need them in asap, unfortunately it seems that the only way to do it within the next 4-5 weeks is a sideways trade, and im not doing that.

Did you start with Hurn NP

• iamme says:

I didnt start wih any and its sure as hell burned me Aurora…I got Neale in a couple of weeks back, thank god. Whitfield should drop some coin in the next couple of weeks, Hurn is looking really strong…..and nobody saw the rise of Boak.

149. iamme says:

2243 this week, after 3 weeks ín a row where i couldn't reach 2100 and plummeting 30,000 plus spots down the ladder …. im happy with that score, that's for sure.

150. hedski says:

Macrae was my lowest premo with 83, had a lot hovering between 85-105.
    Ended on 2153.
    Grawndy, Hurn, Williams were the only real standouts.
    Tipped 9 too 👍
    Go cats….

• COREYSC says:

I tipped Nine too mate! perfection unlike this week in supercoach its really been an arm wrestle this season. Scores of 2100-2300 seem to be enough they're hasn't been a huge scoring round this season just yet.

151. Tom says:

T.Stewart or T.Kelly this week?

152. Daz says:

2214 up the rankings from 144 to 85, happy with that!

153. Rocksta_ says:

Do we bring Toby Greene in this week? He’s never going to be any cheaper, and will definitely score better than the Rookies. Should average at least 85 for the rest of the season as well I would have thought.

• Russty_ says:

Only if you think they'll be top 6 forwards from here on in I reckon Rocksta…Greene's not that for me.

154. Saritz says:

Low totals always feels crappy at the time. But the positive is with a number of Premo’s stinking it up, means they will become gettable in a few weeks time. For example, if you didn’t start with Whitfield, he has gone 86 and now 45 in the last 2 outings. And even if he gets up this week and plays with the corky, it will still affect his running/scoring. In another 3-4 weeks he will likely be under 500k!! So their is a silver lining to this last round. Starting planning now for how you can add some of the Promo’s who have stunk it up in the coming rounds

155. Holty01 says:

Shout out to the rabble who joined my league (Lek&patches rabble). We sitting 81st.

156. Swans2012 says:

Kelly for scrimshaw in one trade

Or

Fyfe and Hayes for butters and constable

I’d prefer Fyfe but constable and butters still have $$$ to make whereas scrim is done. And it costs an extra trade

I’m thinking Kelly this week and then Fyfe next.

Thoughts

157. Maverick_ says:

brayshaw brayshaw brayshaw hmmmmm…
    #31st best mid atm. is it time to cut my ties admit it was a fail and grab fyfe or is that too sideways

• Russty_ says:

May as well do it mate, I did it 2 weeks ago for Neale, gotta cut ties sometimes and go sideways-ish.

• Holty01 says:

You took the punt with Brayshaw and it hasn’t worked. Mainly because Melbourne aren’t winning. Barring injuries, Fyfe is almost guaranteed to be a top 8 mid. I don’t see a problem with this trade

• Russty_ says:

Congrats on the ranking Holty, keep pushing mate, you're in with a genuine sniff this year.

158. KSinny says:

If i want Fyfe this week i have to go early on either Walsh or Libba, leaning toward Walsh seeing as Libba is playing really well and could be a possible m8-m9 come seasons end. Thoughts on this guys?

• Rocksta_ says:

I’d go Walsh out of those two

• Maverick_ says:

I'd probably go the other way. libba has a BE 111 and a 98 and 78 in his last 3 isn't fantastic for future BE's. he was always going to be a stepping stone to a fallen premium so once he starts losing $$ its time to move him on.

159. What_Bear says:

anybody know much about the 2 doggies on the bubble this week? look like they may be ok for 80K-100Kk only

160. TBone_9 says:

Scored 2173 this week, not bad but not great either. Burning two trades to bring in Fyfe this week. Should be a great onfield improvement over Butters 🙂

• JohnDJ59 says:

Well done TBone, that was probably just above par for this weekend, I ended up with 2156, which seems about my par for the season so far. Fyfe should be one of the most traded in players this week.

• TBone_9 says:

Cheers mate! Any pressing issues in your team at the moment? I’m not loving having Parker at F6 with only Balta as backup on the bench. Besides that I’m eagerly trying to look for ways to get Lloyd, Hurn, Boak and Macrae in without culling rookies too early

161. Jack says:

Walsh B/E of 67 and made 236k. At the end of the day, he's a cash cow and needs to be upgraded. Walsh > Fyfe no brainer for me this week

• Maverick_ says:

only needs another ton and it'll push his BE right down again and make a pile more cash… he may very well be 500k in another 2-3 weeks, don't have anyone else to upgrade?

• Rocksta_ says:

I’ll probably do the same. Not sold on the available rookie downgrade targets though.