Welcome back everyone, it seems like we were just here last week, doesn’t it?

I mentioned in the last post that if you can hold off on trades a little while longer then you are setting yourself up for long term success. That still holds true … hold off as long as you can, however there are some moves you can start making if you need to start working towards your ‘end game’. (obligatory Avengers reference)

There are a few solid midfield and forward rookie downgrade targets if you need to free up some cash, and there are a few premos who could be nearing the bottom of their price curve in the next few weeks.

But there’s not a lot of options in defence just yet, and you may have to play it by ear to see who is selected week to week. Josh Rotham was on this list last week, but didn’t retain his spot. Jay Lockhart is another one player who’s been on this list, but still hasn’t been named for his 3rd game. And I was adamant that Marty Hore wouldn’t get many more games, and he’s gone and had an 86 and a 96 in last 2 weeks, so what do I know?

So, who are you all likely to be targeting with your trades over the next month? Who do you think will be top 8-10 in the second half of the season? Anyone who isn’t painfully obvious? Let me know in the comments below.

EDIT: Guys looks like Jay Lockhart has been named on the bench for tomorrow night’s game. $102k, -30 BE.

Categories: Supercoach

Rick Grimes · 23/04/2019 at 18:24

Those Tige rooks confuse me. Really unsure of their JS. Ross works best for me but how many games does he get. Big call.

Maverick_ · 23/04/2019 at 18:34

Agree rick! i am iffy on both baker and ross's JS but don't see any decent fwd rooks on the horiizon and with parker, setters, rozee & moore running out of steam i am thinking i may just have to bite the bullet and grab baker and ride it or else i will be looking to cull 4 forwards and have noone to grab in the next fortnight.

MattyB_76 · 23/04/2019 at 18:51

I'm with you, Rick. It's really a coin toss, for them to stay in the team.

Tommy · 23/04/2019 at 19:48

Cotchin had a setback apparently and is still 3 weeks away, makes Ross an easy decision imo. Baker I’m not as sold on despite him scoring better.

Tiger · 24/04/2019 at 09:24

I’m a tigers supporter and yes they don’t have a lot of security. But tbh I’m feeling bullish about the both of them. Like any rookie they need to continue to play well to hold their spot. Cotchin being out helps and Jack Graham hasn’t being playing well and has been dropped. On a positive note Ross is an inside mid which I think we need and I read that in the last couple of weeks has had 7 clearances (equal highest) at Richmond. Baker played 5/6 games last year, so I’m expecting him to get a few more opportunities throughout the year. My only concern is he’s playing above himself atm. So it’s a Flip of the coin but I’m more likely to pick both and Hately next week. Hope this helps, cheers.

Tiger · 24/04/2019 at 10:38

Correction, Baker played 3 last year.

Tommo76 · 23/04/2019 at 18:28

Hey guys, i posted my team on the podcast thread and got a really good response from Derek, but would like to see if i could get anymore opinions. I'm most certainly inexperienced when it comes to supercoach so any comment would be great!

28 trades left, 225k in the bank.

Hurn, Crisp, Williams, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Clark (Burgess, Hore)
Cripps, Macrae, Oliver, M Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Constable, Butters (Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)
Grundy, Gawn (O'Brien)
Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Drew, Parker, (Petrucelle, Bines)

My main options that i can see (let me know if im missing anything) are:
1. Scott and Clark out for Simmo and Ross (fall 1k short of Laird)
2. Butters and Parker out Walters and Ross (again fall 1k short of Boak)
3. Butters and Clark out for Laird/Sicily and Ross

Jay Lockhart being named changes things up a bit, Let me know of any potential trades please!

Mike · 24/04/2019 at 15:48

3, Laird to pick up his form in coming weeks, could hold butters, although he is now a slower burn and ross will make more cash, quicker

MATTHEW · 23/04/2019 at 18:51

Collins out for Hore with $148k salary. Thoughts?

TommyC99 · 23/04/2019 at 19:06

Missed then boat on Hore imo

Rick Grimes · 24/04/2019 at 06:02

Expensive Hore. Wait for a cheaper one to wander by.

Tommy · 23/04/2019 at 18:58

Is Lockhart an option? Really need to find a defender for Collins… thoughts community?

Mick · 23/04/2019 at 19:25

If he’s on your bench then yes. Will give you max trade down cash and if he can string 3-4 games together will shoot up in value.

GloryDays94 · 23/04/2019 at 19:38

Scoring Potential is really pore and Melbourne are changing their team too much atm… So his JS is probably poor also

cash_cows · 23/04/2019 at 20:14

But basement price and DPP for swing.

I'm_Eugene · 23/04/2019 at 20:02

Lockhart was robbed by CD in his second game. He was a consistent winner all night and won some massive contests when outnumbered. 9 kicks, 5hb, 5marks, 2 tackles and 2 goals for 57 was absurd!
Now that Jetta is gone for 6-8 weeks Jay will be back in for long enough to make 150K+ and provide that valuable swing with Duursma during the byes.
Ross will probably get dropped when Cotchin returns so Jay will give you and extra couple of weeks and probably more $ when you need it

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 12:38

5 Clangers, 2 frees against and 6 turnovers is what killed him, Eugene. And 8 Clangers 5 Frees Against and 9 Turnovers for his 2 games.

If he can work those kinks out of his game, he'll obviously score a little higher.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2019 at 20:23

Which 2 rookies to trade out, Scott, Butters and Clark?

I could also trade Parker out and bring in a fwd but i'd have to trade Clark (but would mean Duursma and Lockhart on the same line) or Butters in order to be afford to afford Boak who is the only one worth getting atm. Concerned i'd be paying top dollar though.

Rocksta_ · 23/04/2019 at 20:31

I just went Butters and Clarke. That said, I traded Scott 2 weeks ago.

Rocksta_ · 23/04/2019 at 20:32

Gawn or Grundy for the VC?

BobbyGee · 23/04/2019 at 20:42

Looking at Clark-Lockhart and Parker-Daniel. However I still have Balta (FWD) and Burgess (DEF) on bench.

So do I go with the above trade and bring another premo in, or deal with Balta/Burgess first and bring in Baker?

Rocksta_ · 23/04/2019 at 20:45

Option 1.
    Burgess and Balta not worth enough yet to waste a trade on.

HBT · 23/04/2019 at 21:05

Community help me please!!

Keep or trade Robbie Gray?

Mr Miyagi · 23/04/2019 at 22:27

gun. keep

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 00:07

His first 3 games were ok, 78 not a disaster..will lose more money this week but probably hold, he'll bounce back…still young enough.

Brett · 24/04/2019 at 07:57

He WAS a gun. No kid time and past his prime

NoLanguage96 · 24/04/2019 at 09:55

Keep!

Hoops · 23/04/2019 at 21:23

Cousins – Ross
Parker (swap with bines to keep the vc loop) – O’Brien

I know I’m late on O’Brien but hoping to make some coin anyway with that BE

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 12:45

Yes, you're late with ROB, you could have had $81k last week, but he'll still make you another $150-180k before the byes.

If you have under-performing forwards then it's not a bad move. ROB has very good job security.

Russty_ · 23/04/2019 at 22:00

Anyone thinking about bringing Westhoff in?…LOL

TommyC99 · 23/04/2019 at 22:04

I am seriously considering him russty, probably once Dixon is back so he isn't the number 1 fwd target, but i'm after ruck coverage so i am very interested

TommyC99 · 23/04/2019 at 22:48

I've tried replying once not sure why it wasnt accepted, but i said that im actually seriously considering him once Dixon comes back. Start of the season i targeted getting ruck coverage at some point and if Hoff can go back to some form of normality with his scoring, ill be looking at him at a very cheap price and end of season F6/7

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 00:05

Not out of the question if he posts a decent score this week…no takers?…haha

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 07:55

I think as soon as he shows anything, he will be worth the punt. Same can be said for Simpson

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 14:17

Be nice if they release him to run around the ground a bit more Holty.

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 08:29

This is the third time I’ve tried to respond. Don’t understand what’s wrong but here goes.
      I am actually considering the Hoff, but its probably smarter to wait until Dixon comes back into the side. Coming into the season I planned to get Ruck coverage and I still plan on doing that

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 12:48

Dixon no certainty to return soon. Still working through his on-going ankle injury from last year.

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 16:23

Thanks Tommy, 3rd time lucky mate!…I'm considering after this week but would like him to show some decent numbers first.

Pman · 24/04/2019 at 19:34

HELL NO! The most enjoyable thing I did last week was to trade his arse out!

Russty_ · 25/04/2019 at 00:43

Fair enough Pman, sorry for the pain you had to endure before that.

COREYSC · 23/04/2019 at 22:13

Should I trade out Burgess for Lockhart I haven’t made a trade yet, or wait for Burgess to bag a couple of goals to get his cash gee ration up and going again?

Rocksta_ · 23/04/2019 at 22:20

His BE is higher than his Average. He’s not much chop I’m afraid. I’ve still got him as I needed more dollars for my one up and one down and thus cashed in Clark. However, if you’re not painting the fence, I’d do it as it may be a while before another $102K rookie on the bubble comes around. This trade will still net you $70 odd thousand which is decent.

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 00:08

Burgess could get dropped for Powell this week. Really struggled last week, as a fwd, he's not cutting it at all.

Nozzy · 23/04/2019 at 23:28

Thoughts on trading out Collins for Baker via Burgess DPP?

Leaves 220k in the bank.

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 00:01

Yeah sounds alright, is your backline suffering though?

TommyC99 · 23/04/2019 at 23:59

Is either Lockhart or Ross worth bringing in this week? Have seen plenty of varying opinions around the community. Or is it just safer to wait another week for Hately and/or Hayes?

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 00:04

I think Ross is, named on ground not on the bench, that's encouraging, think he's pretty highly rated at Punt Rd.
    Lockhart not sure about his js, would purely be for the cash he might make in the downgrade, his cash generation might not be much by how he's gone already.
    Def get Hately next week if he scores something decent this week.

JohnDJ59 · 24/04/2019 at 01:05

I'm getting in both Ross and Hately this week and will be getting in Hayes next week if he scores over 70 this weekend.

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 11:34

great call john The 3 will be all good

AuroraBorealis?! · 24/04/2019 at 13:47

who are you trading out to get those on john?

JohnDJ59 · 24/04/2019 at 15:24

Setterfield to Ross, Lycett to Hately, then Scott to Hayes next week if it is worth it.

Josh · 24/04/2019 at 00:52

Coming 2nd in one leage and 2nd last in anpther. Got 27 trades left and $233k in the bank and got
R. Laird, D. Rich Z. williams B. SmithJ. Scrimshaw X. Duursma,J. Clark,C. Burgess

P. Cripps, L. Neale, C. Oliver, D.Sheed, T. Liberatore, T. Rockliff, S. Walsh, J. Cousins, C. Constable,L. Davies-Uniacke,, B. Scott

B. Grundy,M. Gawn, B. Williams

P. Dangerfield, J. Billings, D. Moore, W. Drew, J. Petruccelle, M.Parker, W. Setterfield, N.balta

I'm thinking of going sheed to L. Baker through setterfield balta to T.kelly. Next week LDU to fyfe once he drops another 20k and maybe someone like a Scott to hately if he scores well again. Any advice would be handy

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 11:57

I would go Cousins to Kelly via Drew

Balta is named. He just needs that one big game, it could be soon, save the trade.

Sheed has potential to go big. After Cats, Eagles have a great run of games against teams that give up a lot of points to midfielders, give him another couple of weeks, he could be another redeemer

Josh · 24/04/2019 at 12:12

Cheers I'm going to go Parker to baker instead. I think cousins has another couple decent games in him. If not can trade him instead of LDU next week

Westy · 24/04/2019 at 06:13

Having a really poor year. (I reckon I could have had this team at the start of the year under the salary cap and not done any trades.)
Ditched Ridley for Lockhart early on when it looked like I'd have a donut on field in DEF.
Corrective traded Heeney and Hore after Round 2 for Moore and LDU.

And so it has gone.

Burgess has stunk it up, so going to O'Brien via Moore and Bines
Setterfield hasn't really set the world on fire so going a week early on Hately.

Current team – after changes
D – Whitfield, Williams, B Smith, Moore, Collins, Duursma (Clark, Lockhart)
M – Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Coniglio, Liberatore, B Crouch, Constable, Hately (Atkins, Stack, Gibbons)
R – Grundy, Goldstein (O'Brien)
F – Dangerfield, Boak, Gray, Menegola, Drew, Petrucelle (Parker, Bines)

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 11:44

At least you started with Whitfield and Boak.

You just have to hold your premiums and hope they come good. You never know what injuries could happen and you might miss them

Westy · 24/04/2019 at 20:40

I wish. I started with Simpson and corrected to Whitfield.
      Similar with Boak.

JohnDJ59 · 25/04/2019 at 21:00

I really hope you waited for the teams to drop regarding Hately. Did you think about Ross at all ?

Russty_ · 25/04/2019 at 22:29

Chin up Westy, Menegola and Gray will probably come good soon, it's just those 2 average scores from Gray and 2 terrible scores from Menegola that have hurt you the last 2 weeks.
    You don't have a bad side…just some of them haven't fired up yet.
    What happened to LDU?..at least you got ROB in, and Moore's going ok averaging 79.

Rick Grimes · 24/04/2019 at 07:25

Welcome to my team…Mr Rory Laird.

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 08:13

Nice Rick. I’m trying to work a way to get him in but just short of funds. Actually well well short of funds.

TelescopicCox · 24/04/2019 at 08:51

Any tips for this week? Darling is the obvious issue along with my FWD line:

DEF: Lloyd Crisp Williams Duursma Wilkie Hore (Burgess Clark)
MID: Macrae Cripps Treloar Coniglio M.Crouch Walsh Constable Scott (Gibbons Setterfield Atkins)
R: Grundy Gwan (O'Brien)
FWD: Danger Heeney Darling Moore Drew Parker (Petruccelle Bines)

29 trades left, $115K bank

1. Darling to T.Kelly
2. Darling to Ross (via DPP)
3. Darling & Clark to Baker & Laird

Tiger · 24/04/2019 at 09:46

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 11:35

1. Kelly will be a top 6 forward. Need to get him eventually

RealDealNeale · 24/04/2019 at 09:03

What do do with Brayshaw? I've already used 5 trades:

A) Hold
B) Trade to Laird via DPP
C) Trade to T.Kelly via DPP

I have $536,000 to spend

NoLanguage96 · 24/04/2019 at 09:56

Hold him. Will come good

danny · 24/04/2019 at 10:08

in the same boat. Had Walters in for him 4 times yesterday. I don't think he'll come good, but I might wait for Fyfe to get cheaper.

Maverick_ · 24/04/2019 at 11:10

I have him also. I'm going to hold though should come good.
    But I am watching fyfe & dusty closely over the next fortnight

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 09:28

Which option pls community!

1. Scott and Clark – Ross and Simmo
2. Butters and Clark – Ross and Laird/Sicily
3. Scott and Clark – Lockhart and Laird
4. Scott – Ross
5. Hold and wait for Hately/Hayes next week

NoLanguage96 · 24/04/2019 at 09:57

Option 2

Maverick_ · 24/04/2019 at 11:12

option 2 with sicily

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 11:31

5 for mine Tommy only cause i rate both though Laird is cheaper than ever.Was thinking the same but if the pig stays on deck without doubt will be even better

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 12:04

Hey Neil, both look the goods if i decided to grab them both next week. But then i wouldnt be able to upgrade and i'd have 500k+ in the bank being a waste. ANd ive had a mediocre start to the season so need to start upgrading. Is there merit in going early on Hately since he looks to have good JS so i can paint the fence next week as well? Or would you just go for Ross/Baker this week and double down next week?

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 14:21

can you do Hately and laird??

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 16:16

If I trade out butters instead of Scott I can. Would that be better than Lockhart or Ross?

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:34

Butters is close to maxing out anyway but Locky's dpp is valuable i would do it

JohnDJ59 · 24/04/2019 at 11:46

Butters to Ross.

MikeYp · 24/04/2019 at 09:31

What’s everyone’s thoughts on R. Hendo? Looking like a top 8 mid by seasons end based on current form. Only in 1% of the side so would be a good POD.

Deciding between Treloar / Hendo for Sheed.

NoLanguage96 · 24/04/2019 at 09:57

I would go Treloar personally

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 11:27

Treloar need to look at Hendo longer not a top 8 regardless macrae cripps neale fyfe m crouch oliver all better then sloan rocky dusty and merrett probably better with runs on the board as well as Treloar NDD

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 12:28

I'm not sold on Ricky being in top 8 at the end of the season. Avg 82 last year, is he really gonna jump 30pts to avg 110 by the end of this season?

The flipside argument of that is his contested and uncontested possies are up on previous years, his stoppage clearances are up, and his TOG is up? Is he the biggest beneficiary of Tom Mitchell's absence and a legit top 8?

I'm not buying it yet. Let's see if he starts to get a bit more opposition attention and if his numbers drop.

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 12:34

He won’t be a top 20 midfielder

He’s having a golden period while Shiels and Silk are out

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 11:15

Hey all. We maybe in with some luck with the chance that Barrass might be missing an extended period. Could Rotham get a call up? Would solve the backline rookie problem.

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 12:31

It's possible. It just sucks that WC are playing Sunday, so teams won't be confirmed until Friday evening.

Holty, I'm thinking that if Rotham plays (with Barass and Jetta out) he'll be around for a few weeks. If he's not named, I can wait a week.
    Based on that, I'm looking at Collins to Rotham (not sure if Lockhart has the ceiling) and possibly making that trade on Friday or Saturday or not at all.

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 12:57

Agree about Lockhart. He is cheap but bringing someone in who isn’t scoring well, I think you are better of saving the trade and keeping your current slow burn rookie. But as we all know, only takes one good score and their price will rise quickly.

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 14:16

Jetta's just come back in hasn't he Matty?…Rotham was covering for Duggan and Jetta his first 2 games I think, then when Barass was out last week, Schofield came in so not sure if Rotham gets a game if they prefer Schofield.

Statty Matty · 24/04/2019 at 17:12

You've got me, Russty. I missed that Jetta was already back last week.
        That throws my whole plan out the window.

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 11:16

Dusty and Rocky are great value now Surely if you rate either a keeper then you want to grab them now,,even sacrificing two cows with coin left. In my case Either plus Lockhard for Rozee and Atkins ahead of the two best new cows

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 11:31

If you want Rocky, this is the cheapest he will be. Could go very big this week. Anyone with Butters at M8 would be an easy move

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 11:41

Was thinking that with the vc but the price of Rozee is the killer especially his dpp Locky's dpp will compensate a bit and with Jetta out could be ok .I don't rate him but Melbourne does no one left anyway

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 12:11

I saw Lockhart do a few nice things in the two games he had, thought his SC score could have been better.

I like he has DPP, will let us trade out the fattened midfield cows to defenders or forwards instead of limiting to upgrading the midfield.

And he’s only $102k

I think Clark might get rested for Tuhoy this week, will need to play Hore anyway, so happy with Clark to Lockhart this week and build the war chest to $350k.

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 12:49

Would you do Scott – Lockhart Derek? Would give me a def/mid swing

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 13:49

Having a Def/Mid swing set isn’t that important, can’t see where you would need to swing Duursma into the midfield.

If Lockhart wasn’t playing he would be a nice donut to swing mid/def to loop the bench rookies

I’ll probably like him in defence. When the midfield rookies are fat and need culling, having Lockhart in defence allows you to trade a mid rookie to a defence (or forward if you still have Moore or Burgess)

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 14:20

Wouldn't mind getting Rocky Neil, but don't have any room in my midfield really.

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 15:41

That’s what I think. No room. Unless you think he is top 8?

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 16:25

Not sure on that one Derek, so if not sure, I guess I'll hold off, already burning through the trades.

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:31

i have 6 definites in front of him then zerrett maybe walsh treloar so M8 is open .Welcome Rocky and to celebrate have a V C

Trades · 24/04/2019 at 11:18

Butters to Lockhart
Parker to Worpel

JohnDJ59 · 24/04/2019 at 11:50

I'd prefer Butters to Ross.

Trades · 24/04/2019 at 12:28

Can only afford that trade.109k left over so have to get Lockhart

Raplh · 24/04/2019 at 11:41

Opinions on which two trades i should do?
Clark and Scott out for Ross and Lockhart
Clark and Scott out for Lockhart and Baker via Setterfield DPP
Comment for neither or any other suggestions.

Cheers

Stupid Coach · 24/04/2019 at 12:33

Greetings community.

26 trades and $46k in the bank. Traded Gibbons to Stack last week only for Gibbons to finally hit three figures. Team is as follows:

B: Whitfield, Laird, Williams, Collins, Dursma, Wilkie, McKay, Joyce.
M: Cripps, Mcrae, Merrett, Oliver, Coniglio, Walsh, Butters, Stack, Constable, Settlefield, Scott
R: Gawn, Goldy, Sweet
F: Danger, Heeney, D Smith, Rozee, Drew, Petrucelle, Parker, Burgess

Have too many options and not sure which two players need to go first out of McKay, Joyce, Collins, Burgess and Sweet and whether my priority should be to bring in Lockhart/Hore, O'Brien (for Sweet) or Burgess for Ross (via Settlefied DPP). Do I keep Devon Smith given that he is likely to be recalled for tomorrow's game or bring in T Kelly before his price goes up again.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated as always Community.

Stupid Coach · 24/04/2019 at 14:01

At this stage, I am thinking McKay to Lockhart and Burgess to Ross (via Settlefield DPP) or McKay to Lockhart and Sweet to ROB.

Would somehow like to bring Rocky in this week but don't seem to have enough cash.

Kiwi · 24/04/2019 at 12:41

Hi community, I need some guidance. I am currently sitting pretty with 194k in the bank and 28 trades left… but I have Brayshaw stinking up my midfield, so I am thinking of either upgrading him to Neale or Boak. But my concerns are;
Even though I figure that I will need Neale in at some point but he is not exactly cheap so is he a musthave at this point?
I have doubts that Boak will be able to keep up his scoring but I have been burned before… thanks Cripps/Macrae/Lloyd.
With Viney out this week, it would be just my luck for Brayshaw to fill the gap and bust out a huge score.
What are the breakevens of Boak, Neale and Brayshaw? What are peoples thoughts on Boak and Neale at the moment?

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:27

is viney out? i can't see that

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 17:31

He's named in the centre Neil.

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 17:37

Hi Kiwi, Neale 168, Boak 107, Brayshaw 132.
    Reckon Boak will come down in price at some point, not sure if Neale will much, unless there's anyone else you're chasing premo-wise, maybe have to pay the fiddler.

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 12:53

Thoughts on Scott and Clark for Lockhart and Laird community? I could bring in Ross instead but i'd have to trade out Butters instead to bring in Laird.

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 13:40

👍

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 16:24

Like it Tommy, with Milera out now Laird hopefully gets back to his old premo scores…I started with him so fingers crossed.

TelescopicCox · 24/04/2019 at 12:58

Lockhart is starting to tempt me. I could go Clark to Lockhart and move Darling to any player on any line (looking at Boak or Fyfe), but not sure if this is too short sighted.

I already ditched Butters early for O'Brien, and Clark could still come good. Plus the thought of Lockhart scoring poorly again will seriously hurt my cash gen with Burgess and Balta already stinking it up

Evann · 24/04/2019 at 13:05

Ross or Baker???

DEE · 24/04/2019 at 13:43

Ross

Holty01 · 24/04/2019 at 18:06

I’m going Baker as I want Hately next week

Mitchell · 24/04/2019 at 14:12

Trade constable down to ross or hatley? Or hold constable and trade clark up to fallen premo

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 14:19

I wouldn't trade Constable yet, he was only rested last week, plenty more money to be made there.
    Anyone else you could punt for Ross?

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 15:40

parfitt might miss a week or 2, great for Constable

Lazza · 24/04/2019 at 18:41

Why are people considering Hately this week … he’s only played 1 game … wait for the bubble and the guarantee that he will play his 3rd game …

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:01

I think it's the excitement about the 95 he scored Lazza, but we've all seen what can happen after a rookie starts with one or two big scores…zilch after that, I'll wait another week.

Tyrone · 24/04/2019 at 14:17

Will Mcevoy play this week?

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 14:25

Not sure, he's listed as a test, hopefully you have ROB on the bench?

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 14:22

pity Menegola has that R 13 bye he is going to be 420k super cheap for a rolled gold fallen DPP

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 15:29

Pretty shocking last 2 weeks from him, yeah he'll be ripe for the picking after this week.

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:25

That's what it's about Russty ,picking the one's no one wants. Gator was keen on him all preseason A big chance to come in next week

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 17:38

Do you still have Westhoff mate?…could come good soon hopefully..or could he get dropped I wonder?

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:55

nah mate brought in marshall for him 2 weeks back Admit the blue ,but got ROB early so didn't need him

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 17:58

Marshall might be ok mate, could've just been a slow game for him..he was up against the best.

Derek · 24/04/2019 at 19:33

Same for Buddy

Binga · 24/04/2019 at 14:31

Thoughts on Billings in for Darling! The vc on Neale and C on Dangerfield!!

Lazza · 24/04/2019 at 18:38

Good call Binga

Tommy · 24/04/2019 at 15:25

Who to field, Hore or Clark?

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 15:27

Hore by miles.

Lazza · 24/04/2019 at 18:38

What Russty said ..

TelescopicCox · 24/04/2019 at 16:05

Dees fans…What are your thoughts on Lockhart? Will he keep his spot?

I'm looking at Clark to Lockhart so I can fund Darling to one of Fyfe, Sicily or Boak.

Without the downgrade my best options are Rocky or T.Kelly (Hutchings tag is scaring me off). Ross I think is a solid cash cow but waiting on Hately & Hayes, while I don't trust the elevated price of Baker

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 17:22

He will with jetta out. The coaches love him Same type of player as jetta quick great mark .I seen a lot of him at cranbourne last year and he was unlucky not to get a gig earlier. I am selecting him with Rocky and whacking the vc on the pig You did me last week T so hope i meet you in the finals

TelescopicCox · 24/04/2019 at 19:03

Cheers NDD. Look forward to seeing you in finals

Chris_Judd · 24/04/2019 at 17:07

Is it too risky to bring in both Baker and Ross?

Lazza · 24/04/2019 at 18:35

Ross likely to play for 5 weeks plus … Dimma said Cotchin could be out for several weeks… Baker will stay put until Butler finds form in the AFL .. but Butler has been poor all season and end of last season too… personally I’d get rid of Castagna before Baker..
    Don’t know if that helps or not … but I’m only going with one because I don’t know the ins and outs for the rest of the round at this time … being a Tiger supporter I’m more inclined to go with Ross…

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 17:27

Hey guys, appreciate the feedback so far. Got one more question! Which rookie trade looks the best? One of these trades will fund Clark up to a premo.

1. Scott – Lockhart
2. Butters – Ross
3. Butters – Hately

Lazza · 24/04/2019 at 18:30

Butters to Ross . Get Hately next week

BomberKnighta · 24/04/2019 at 18:57

I have similar. Going 2. Hately next week , Scott still to make some money? Butters gun but almost average = breakeven.

Ryan · 24/04/2019 at 17:51

Should I upgrade Zac Williams to Shannon Hurn OR Angus Brayshaw to Zach Merrett

Rocksta_ · 24/04/2019 at 18:10

Neither.
    Concentrate on bringing in or cashing in the right rookies thereby ultimately adding more premo’s to your side. Zac Williams and Brayshaw would have to be 2 of the last guys to move on, if at all. You’ll never get to full premo trading like that.

Ryan · 24/04/2019 at 18:31

Somewhat regret bringing Brayshaw in, should've learnt from last year. Inconsistent for a premo I want in my midfield, scoring 80's with 2 tons isn't something I would like from a premo in my midfield.

neil demons delight · 24/04/2019 at 18:15

Rock is right yes to a fallen prem when they avail themselves such as Laird but not a side trade

Mint · 24/04/2019 at 18:18

DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Rozee, Duursma, clark ( Hore, Burgess)
MID: Cripps, Neale, Macrae, B.crouch, Libba, Rockliff, Walsh, Constable ( Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
RUCK: Gawn, Grundy ( o'brien)
FWD: DangerField, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Drew, Bines ( Petruccelle, Parker)
Got 56 k In the bank
Any help Would be appreciated. 🙂
25 trades left

JoelP · 24/04/2019 at 18:28

Is Collins to laird or Sicily a good trade?

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:03

Definitely mate. Laird will leave you with the extra coin, and without Milera there now, his price could start going north again soon.

JoelP · 24/04/2019 at 18:30

Is it too early to cull Scott from north for Ross? His breakeven is 11 but Ross May make lots…
I plan on going Parker to hately Nxt week via setterfield

seb2209 · 24/04/2019 at 18:44

See no point in making $55k via the Scott > Ross trade while Scott still has money to be made, with him being a bench sitter as well

Daniel · 24/04/2019 at 18:51

Who should I loophole in my mids out of lockhart and durrsma, whoever I dont loophole is my d7 this week,

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:18

The safer option is Duursma I reckon, more points on the board.

L G · 24/04/2019 at 18:58

Is Rozee ready for the butcher, Is Baker then a good option ?

BradleyTC99 · 24/04/2019 at 19:00

Please help guys! Ross or Lockhart? I Cannot decide and its stressing me out big time!!!

L G · 24/04/2019 at 19:06

Neither, Hately next week.

FavalinkUBeauty · 24/04/2019 at 19:21

I went Lockart as there is less def rooks coming through.

Maverick_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:16

I reckon I’ll only be able to bring in 2 of hately, Hayes & Ross over the next fortnight due to cows not ready for the cull. Do I need to get Ross in tonight & I’ll grab hately next week? Leaving it late haha

TommyC99 · 24/04/2019 at 19:20

I think so mate. I hope hayes keeps his spot for our forward lines sake but there were a few outs due t injury which allowed him to come in ;last week. Hately JS looks really good and should be a very good option next week

Russty_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:21

Hi Mav, I reckon Ross, otherwise you miss out on his hike and possible good score this week..Hately can wait.

Maverick_ · 24/04/2019 at 19:25

Thanks guys I think I better get Ross in the next 10min haha probably have to be Parker out or setters

Russty_ · 25/04/2019 at 00:45

Hopefully you did it bud?

Maverick_ · 25/04/2019 at 11:23

yeah i did but i think i regret it strangely enough russty.
        I shafted parker to ross (great move)
        but now i dunno how i'll get hately in my midfield next week. walsh, constable, scott and atkins all have plenty of cash to make but would need to get rid of 1 to make hately happen. scott is the obvious pick but his BE still relatively low

Russty_ · 25/04/2019 at 11:33

I reckon Scott's too much of a slow burner mate, 2 x 40's and a 20 is crud, plus I reckon he could get dropped this week anyway.
          I'm interested to see what Hately scores this week, looks pretty good.

Maverick_ · 25/04/2019 at 20:03

well wasn't that a unpleasent surprise russty.. cant believe they dropped hately

Russty_ · 25/04/2019 at 21:21

Yeah that's pretty spirit crushing for him, but I guess they value Greene and Corr more than him.

SK23 · 26/04/2019 at 12:24

Hi Community,
Need some advice. Currently have 350k in bank and 26 trades left.
Looking to move out McGovern for either Laird or Sicily but don't know who to choose. I already have Whitfield and Lloyd.

SK23 · 26/04/2019 at 12:48

Other option I am also considering is Brodie Smith.

Russty_ · 26/04/2019 at 12:58

Hi SK…I think Laird is a great price at the moment and could start rising again after this week with Milera out, ultimately you'd want them both though.
      Don't think Smith will end up a top 6 defender.

Bob Jane · 02/05/2019 at 19:33

Where is this weeks cheat sheet????? In drastic need!

Avangers Box · 22/06/2019 at 05:05

amazing post admin thanks for sharing.