SuperCoach Panic Room: Round 5

As regular readers of the Panic Room will know I’m not a huge fan of Thursday night footy. I mean footy at any time is grouse, but it throws the writing of this article out. I can’t provide you, the viewing public, with the appropriate levels of PANIC until the teams drop after the article is out. That said, I’ve been around this caper for many years. I feel it folks, there’s something in the back of the gut telling me there’s gonna be CARNAGE tonight. Especially in the forward line, where Heeney, Parker, Petrucelle, Balta, and Burgess are all under clouds. Will Setterfield is already confirmed to miss with suspension. Throw in the regular Thursday curveballs and there’s a recipe for disaster.

Our favourite good boy Damo slid into my DM’s this week to have a yarn about just how cooked this season is becoming… and we’re only 5 weeks in. With some creative editing on my part, here are some of his musings.

I know it’s hard community, I know it sucks watching the team you’ve carefully crafted for months come together and be very bad at football, but don’t chase the quick fix. Don’t drop 400k on a trading a rookie to a premo. Don’t trade in a rookie that has questionable job security. There’s still months of this season to go and I can guarantee* the dodgy midpricers scoring well right now will be nowhere to be seen at the pointy end. *not a guarantee

It might feel like you’ve selected every terrible premo so far, but a look at the breakevens this week shows there are many terrible premo’s that are ready to turn it around that we’ll be able to snaffle on the cheap very soon.

This is just my opinion of course, if you want a better one chuck in the earbuds and listen to the greatest podcast intro of all time (and stick around for the rest of the show). Pop the kettle on and have a read of Barron’s Around the Grounds for round 4. Matty’s cheat sheet is beautiful and looks stunning (like Matty). Have a look. Listen to this man selecting your captain, he knows his stuff! Have a squiz at the captains article here.

The News

There’s s feeling in the waters Thursday teams are going to absolutely rip us a new one, but for now, things are sweet. Brisbane is sticking with the same lineup that got smashed by Essendon last weekend. Collingwood are making one forced change, Dayne Beams is back in, replacing the injured Chris Mayne

Just disregard my entire opening because there’s no carnage at all. Like nada. Devon Smith is out tonight and that might hurt a few. Bailey Scott is back in for North. Josh Rotham has lost his spot to the returning Lewis Jetta. Todd Marshall is in for Port in a move that may free up Justin Westhoff to roam up the ground. Jackson Hately (MID – 148.8k) makes his debut at the Giants. Nat Fyfe is good to go after a week off, he replaces Lachie Schultz. Marty Hore has kept his spot even with the returns of Nev Jetta and Jordan Lewis. Jack Steven is back for the Saints. The Tigers continue to be ruthless at the selection table, dropping the hero of every Tiger fan, Jack Graham. Bachar Houli and Dusty return to the side. There’s a debut for the highly regarded James Rowbottom (MID – 117.3k) at the Swans. Justin McInerney and Nick Blakey have been omitted.

On Sunday, the Dogs will have at least three changes. They confirmed debuts for Lachie Young (DEF – 120.4k) and Will Hayes (MID – 117.3k). Kreuzer returns for the Blues and there’s a possible debut for Angus Schumacher (DEF – 123.9k). Adelaide have added Bryce Gibbs and Hugh Greenwood to their squad.

Easter Monday has Jaegar back in the squad at Hawthorn. They’ll lose at least James Frawley for the clash. Geelong have added Zac Smith to their squad.

The House of Evil

Interesting set of breakevens this week with some tasty looking premiums facing a price drop in the coming weeks. Trade only if you’re desperate for rookie coverage.

These rookies come with a free frogurt! (that’s good)

Bold – On the bubble (2 games)
* – Played just the one game

These premiums come with Potassium Benzoate (that’s bad)

Smooth Kevy’s Lock of the Week

Tim Taranto was always going to get extra midfield minutes with Dylan Shiel’s departure to Essendon, but the question that dogged me throughout the preseason was just how much more. With three scores above 110 (and a 78) to start the season, he’s shown there’s enough points to go around even with Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio, and Jacob Hopper all having three figure averages. At a tick under 500k, he represents incredible value and is a POD at only 4.9% owned. With Callan Ward unfortunately doing his ACL, Timmy T’s midfield minutes are a lock.

He does have that round 14 bye though, which is a problem for some. So check that you’re not trading yourself into a corner before considering him.

Hey Now, You’re A Draftstar

Last week I called out David Mundy as being the one who benefits most from Fyfe missing, snagging his 125 at 11% owned almost dragged us over the line, missing the cash by 21 points. I missed Rotham’s late in and his 5k price tag would have provided the value to get Petrucelle off the field. Oh well.

Friday Night Football is the jewel in channel 7’s footy crown. Tonight we’ve got *checks fixture* North Melbourne vs Essendon… sigh. Okay, let’s do this…

RUC

A look at the ruck line tonight is why I love daily fantasy. Zac Clarke (5.5k) is The Worst but he’s making a lot of sense tonight. He might only score in the 40-50 range but he provides a lot more value over the other two options. Tom Bellchambers (10.8k) is in terrible form Goldy (13.5k) is not worth 13.5k it. He does have two 90’s in 4 games, but he beat up Sean Darcy and Reilly O’Brien for those.

DEF

Both teams are fairly stingy in defence as a whole, but North do give up an average 93.5DS to the oppositions top medium defender. Andrew McGrath (MID / 10.6k) looks good value for a guy that’s put up three 80’s from his 4 games. Jordan Ridley (8.3k) is quickly finding his feet at this level and is excellent value and Adam Saad (8.8k) has cooled after hot start. I don’t see Jasper Pittard (11.8k) hitting three figures again tonight, but he’s in form so I’m not against chasing that if you’ve got the coin to spare.

MID

Essendon have conceded some huge scores to the oppositions number 1 midfielder so far this year. Cogs (161DS), Angus Brayshaw (129DS), and Lachie Neale (139DS) have all dined out on the Bombers. North have also had their struggles against the best midfielder, so targeting the best mid on each team is a good strategy. Shaun Higgins (14.7k) is averaging a lazy 32 touches to start the year. You can throw a blanket over Zach Merrett (15.7k), Dyson Heppell (14.8k), and Dylan Shiel (14.2), so pick the one that you can afford.

Historically speaking, it’s Aaron Hall (11.6k) that has the best record here, averaging 114 in his past 3 against Essendon. Jed Anderson (11.6k) is an underrated member of this North lineup, he had 6 tackles on his return last weekend. He didn’t drop under 75DS from round 14 last year, he should keep it up.

FWD

Very little excites me in the forwards. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (11.1k) is a huge risk but his confidence would be sky high after 7 goals and 139DS last weekend. Both sides concede around 80DS to number 1 opposition forwards. This brings Shaun Atley (10.6k) into consideration, likewise the more expensive Jack Ziebell (11.7k). Mitch Brown (11k) had 11 marks last week but might find things tougher against North’s defence. Orazio (10.1k) has a terrible floor but is worth the punt and we haven’t got much else

1. Chris says:

Crisp hold another week, or just go with Stewart and be done with him.

2. BobbyGee says:

Was all set to trade Westhoff but news that Marshall is coming into PA side to free Westy up so tempted to now hold. Problem is another crap score means he's into the 300s and so much harder to turn into another premium. Thoughts on trading or holding Westhoff?

• Russty_ says:

Last week was the week to trade him out I think, lost 70k ouch!..if I had him I'd stick with him now, surely he can turn it around, unless he's carrying an injury or having some mental issues.

• BobbyGee says:

Yeah I hears ya re: trading last week. I couldn't though as I had other issues to address and thought Westhoff might go OK against a depleted Tigers side. Turned out to be very incorrect.

3. Binga says:

Thoughts on Goldy down to Mummy and Butters down to Stack?? My reasons for this are; Butters has slightly peaked he has be of 48 and he verses the Eagles this week, then North and Collingwood. All three of these teams have good midfielders and I can’t see him scoring that well!! My thoughts going down to Mummy is he still has a negative breakeven scoring well and upgrade him to Gawn at around the byes!!

Mummy av vs next 5 opponents; Freo (86), Swans (97), Saints (92), Hawks (104) and the Blues (111).
    Goldstein av vs next 5 oppenents Bombers (104), Port (86), Carlton (104), Cats (97) and the Swans (87)

Mummy is expected to rise 93k in 4 rounds.
    Goldy is expected to lose 13k in 4 rounds.

4. TelescopicCox says:

Is bailing on Treloar a waste of a trade? He's getting the ball but it's not translating in to points. I was sucked in by hit one JLT game, but it seems having Adams back is throwing him off (less contested possessions?)

I haven't used a trade yet so I could do one of the following:

Treloar > Rocky
    Balta > ROB

OR

Butters > Stack
    Treloar > Neale

OR

Treloar > Rocky
    Crisp > Whitfield

I don't like dumping premos but option 1 does help me get out from the Balta mistake

• SC_Kev7 says:

My god trade option 3 has seriously increased my arousement levels. Balta is not hurting you if he’s on your bench. If he continues to get games he surely must do something one day (hopefully soon!)

You’re right on Adams though. Not good for Treloar.

• TelescopicCox says:

Cheers Kev for the feedback. I was about $4k off Darling to Boak which would've been my ideal trade.

• Maverick_ says:

Same boat TC, I also have treloar but I’m scared of pulling the trigger for me it’s too either bont or rocky.. I am scared treloar will go 140 if I trade and who I get in go sub 100. I feel ROB will be a great cow . Can you get both Neale and ROB in somehow?

• KeenButClueless says:

Looks like you might have called it. Hope you didn’t trade him

• silversovereign says:

I was toying with trading treloar out, decided against it, thought the game started at 7.20. Forgot to reverse it lol. Hopper better be a gun this year! #facepalm

• TelescopicCox says:

Held Treloar and Crisp! I’ll look at Butters to ROB but still not sure on it

I did indeed hold treloar! Very lucky 🙂
                  I will now also hold dunkley and watch him go 100+ haha
                  I think i may probably go butters to O'Brien TC i was going to move setters on but want his DPP moving butters on means i can finally get setterfield in the middle to swing with my fwds if i need.

5. Finnius says:

Is anyone considering going a sweet/bines to o'brien? seems to have great job security now with old mate sauce out for 4-8. Should make a nice 200k – the only problem is that it takes two trades to get that cash instead of the usual one, because you have to trade him in and then out again. Thoughts community?

• UpBeat says:

I'm considering but probs won't coz using two trades AND the risk he spuds it or gets injured.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Finn, it's no different from trading in any rookie through the season..except this guy has rock solid JS for 6 weeks or so..and will probs make a lot more money than most other rookies, some are already stalling in their growth.
      I'm thinking of Setterfield to ROB

• Holty01 says:

Hey Russty. I’m seriously thinking Scott (if not playing) to ROB. Swing Setters to the mids and keep Bines as a forward. Once ROB has made some cash, I’ll move Bines back to the R3

• Teddy021 says:

Is there any point trading ROB just to sit him on the bench when there are potentially a few outs this week?

• Russty_ says:

Good question Teddy, it depends if you're looking at a donut this week fwd, could change a few people's minds for sure.
          I think Heeney will get up, if Heeney and Parker are out I'm in trouble, looking at a donut and Balta onfield.

• Teddy021 says:

I'm in the same position with all those you mentioned! It hasn't been the best of starts and it's hard to get into the money from this far back in rankings.

Hence all the shark moves are flooding my mind atm. Nothing to lose!

• Finnius says:

The difference is Russty that you get the cash from the rookie that you initially trade out as well – i.e. Butters to Stack nets 130k whereas Sweet to O'Brien loses 30k. Still probably going to do it though – if you trade him in at 130k and out at 350k then the 250k you make is worth it. Good cover as well, especially if Gawn or Goldy get one week at some point and no one else has the support.

• Patch says:

That swing makes it a wonderful prospect. I had Sweet so I've gone to him – if the rest of the rookies were making cash I wouldn't have, but with Petrucelle, Setterfield and Balta all not making much cash I have a suspicion I'll need some from somewhere else. Like bringing ROB in.

• DavidC says:

Yep, I started with Pierce at R3. Traded him to O'Brien netted me $100K plus he makes more coin. Should average in the 80's.

• Steeeve says:

Three trades for me cos I also have to go Butters to Stack to afford Sweet to O'Brien.
      Still doing it anyway. Butters to Stack makes $130k so not far off the One Trade Equals $150k Rule.
      O'Brien makes 200k then you trade him back to Sweet you've made almost $250k. That's close enugh to $150k per trade as well for mine.
      Cash gen will be so important this year with so many rookies crapping out 20s, 30s, 40s.

6. Damo_C says:

Currently having a big dilemma and would love peoples' take on this. Have gone Butters to Stack at this point but am also considering one of these two options.
    Setters to O'Brien via Bines or Crisp to Whitfield with the money I got from the Stack trade. Crisp only gone over 20 disposals in two games this year and it took him 14 marks as well to net that 123. Is getting O'Brien worth having a non-scoring Bines on my fwd bench (which also has Balta on it) considering how bad the forward line is this year and is the lure of O'Brien's cash generation worth passing up the opportunity to get Whitfield?

7. Greg says:

I really want to do the Sweet to O'Brien trade but just don't know if it's worth it. I have 29 trades and 10k at the moment so will need to go Burgess to Hore to get enough cash to make the change (likely making this trade anyway). That will then mean that I'll have 25 trades at best once it comes to my first rookie upgrade (I also don't have Lloyd, Whitfiled, Neale or Macrae).

Some of my rookies are cooked though (Balta, Atkins, Gibbons, Smith) so I'm worried that by not making the ROB trade I won't make any cash.

Mainly playing for leagues rather than overall, but how risky is it to bring in ROB based on my situation?

Cheers

• Russty_ says:

I'd just get him in Greg, Sweet is making you sweet f all, and so is Burgess now. Can't have too many duds on the bench, will you still have a loophole though?

• Greg says:

Not by design, but I'll have Setterfield for next two weeks plus probably Balta soon!! I just wonder if I'll be able to upgrade 8 positions with 25 trades and also cover injuries!

8. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

O O O O'Brien

Boy oh boy wowee.

He is cheap, guaranteed games next 4 plus, will score pretty well (ie not stuck in the fwd line) so will be a nice moo.

Plenty to think a about.
    May keep dunks and look at bringing in "no use cryin' rely on O'brien"

• Russty_ says:

He hasn't even made the top 5 list…yet, Rotham's at 8595…lol, hope they get home in time for tonight's game.

9. TommyC99 says:

If Parker and Heeney both end up playing, is it worth going Setterfield – O’Brian via bines? Only thing is that I was planning on using setters for VC loop and/or looping Parker and petrucelle. I’m also keen on Scott – O’Brian and swinging setterfield into then guts.

Thoughts guys?

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'm using Setterfield as a VC loop this weekend, since WCE play too early for Bines to be any use for me. Scott to O'Brien makes sense if Scott isn't named to play.

• Hazey says:

I'm going with option 1, Setters to ROB

10. Mint says:

DEF: Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Rozee, Duursma, clark ( Hore, Burgess)
    MID: Cripps, Neale, Macrae, B.crouch, Libba, Rockliff, Walsh, Constable ( Atkins, Scott, Gibbons)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy ( Bines)
    FWD: DangerField, Heeney, Dunkley, Moore, Drew, SetterField ( Petruccelle, Parker)
    Got $177,000 k In the bank
    Still dont know what to do
    27 trades left

• Russty_ says:

You could punt Setterfield to O'Brien via Bines and if Parker's out..trade him to someone better.
      Depends on if Parker's dropped or injured I guess and for how long.

11. Russty_ says:

New article on afl.com.au says Rotham likely to be out for Jetta this week, no surprise there, he'll need an injury to break back in.

12. Noirlust says:

Interested to see peoples thought on this.

Goldy + Setterfield to ROB and Boak (3 overall trades req)

or

Goldy + Sweet to Mummy and ROB (4 overall trades req)

or keep my 29 trades…

I did not think i had any options to get Boak in at first but it has presented itself.
    Is Boak a must have… i am still not sure..

I would honestly rather a J.Cameron or T.Hawkins tbh

Does anyone else think MOORE looks like Moana Hope, he is looking very pretty with those locks

• Jess says:

Boak is a truly unique one and i don't know if i'll be on board for a while yet. He is turning back the clock like hodge a few years ago

• Russty_ says:

He reminds me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs…'It rubs the lotion on it's skin'..lol

• Mr_Pink_ says:

He looks ill… like he has jaundice or something… the dyed hair and the roots growing through don't help the overall aesthetics either

• Noirlust says:

Dammit, this is not helping my SC guys.

• Russty_ says:

Sorry mate but you went there with Moore lol, I reckon just go Sweet or Setters to ROB, forget about Boak for now I think, probably paying overs anyway, could end up being as much as a must have as Sheed if he goes back to his old average.
      Not sure trading out Goldy is a good move…scored the same as Gawn last week.
      Not sure if Boak can maintain those numbers, maybe better just to wait.

• Noirlust says:

Went Goldy and Sweet to Mummy and ROB.

The more i thought about Boak, the more i was convinced his numbers will drop(slowly). If one of the Port kids gets dropped or injured, Boaks time forward will increase.
        As the season goes on and Wines gets the run back in his legs, will likely take away more points from Boak.

Wish i had started the old bloke to flogg him off in a couple weeks.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I would have gone with option one, I traded Boak in last weekend and I'm very happy to have him in my team.You would have been doing an upgrade to a premo and a downgrade for cash generation. Instead you have your cash generation, but also a player you might have to trade out in the end in Mummy.

• Naurulz says:

Sent Wethoff forward and took OBrien,, Should be able to trade Mummy and Obrien to Grundy and have a bit of cash left over in four or five weeks.

13. BrownlowBoy says:

Setterfield to ROB is mighty tempting

14. TBone_9 says:

Gday boys! Not gonna lie, getting a little worried about team selections tonight. If Parker misses then I’ll have Balta on field before trading, and I just don’t think I could live with seeing his imminent less than 20 score on field. Would be a great week to have a couple of fwd/def rookies on the bubble to choose from. Only good news is still have 30 trades waiting to be put to use. Hope everyone else is bloody excited about the marathon of footy that is upon us!

• Brn says:

Im stessed about it.

My fwd line is danger, heeney, kelly, drew, parker, petruc, (balta, setterfield).

Will trade if it comes to a donut

15. Red says:

Thinking of trading Dunkley to Michael Walters
    Scores of 109, 50, 120 & 103 and BE of 54
    Worried Dunkley will be the Billings from last year.

• Jess says:

People know what they get with dunkley – an 80s average if he plays up fwd, and a 110 average if he plays in midfield.

Its a mighty shame to have him wasted in the fwd line

16. Jess says:

Sick of this fwd line issue.
    If parker is out im trading setterfield to liam baker (if named) and holding my breath

17. Shake_n_bake says:

Young Hayes to play for the dogs.

18. Matt says:

A concussion score of 60 for fyfe and i see he has a cosy date with de boer this weekend..
    Get ready to jump on fyfe in about 3 weeks at 550k

• Russty_ says:

Hope he doesn't end up clocking him, the way Deboer's hands were all over Danger constantly like an annoying flog, I'm not surprised Danger did what he did. Everywhere he went DeBoer was pushing him and knocking him off balance, impeding his run, and generally all over him like a rash.
      Hope Fyfe deals with him better than Danger and Kelly did.

• Ja191 says:

Fyfe has a good record with the tag. Will be very interesting to see how he handles it, could be looking very juicy in a few weeks

• Maverick_ says:

Dusty also didn't handle the treatment well he copped a fine also for his hit on de boer that's 2/2 could fyfe make it 3/3.

19. Fritzzzy says:

Reilly O'Brien is going to make some serious coin over the next 5+ weeks whilst Sauce recovers from surgery.

My plan:
    – Trade out Setterfield. He'll make more cash, but can we afford the two week delay when serious cash is up for grabs this week.
    – Flip Donut Bines to the forward line.
    – Trade in ROB to R3
    – Continue to enjoy Bines as my Fruit Loop
    – Sit back, relax and watch the $$$ roll in

You're welcome.

• many have already done the same but I am more inclined to keep Setterfield and flick a mid With bines your only non player we have to make a choice between a forward loop or a vc loop There's enough rookies especially with ROB added .I am even looking at a M/ D swing with Lockhard, who will be a slow burn Talk at the DEES is they love him. still talking about his courageos mark but Garlett is coming good NDD

• TommyC99 says:

Agree Neil, if Scott isn’t named I will be dumping him instead. Would like to keep setters for loop purposes this week so I can VC Gawn instead of Grundy. If Scott is named I’ll probably just trade Setters as I think ROB is a needed rookie

20. TelescopicCox says:

Which move would you make?

A) Parker to ROB, Butters to Rocky
    Have Lycett at R2 who can swing FWD to play ROB on field

B) Dunkley to Boak

21. Michael says:

Dunkley and Butters to Boak and Stack? Will leave me with about 70k leftover

22. FearTheBeard says:

Love a few peoples thoughts if possible if you can spare a minute. I've got the odd opinion but this has been doing my head in!

Neale IN Leaves my weakest Mid is Constable, weakest D is Clark and weakest F is Parker/Petrucelle.

Whitfield IN Leaves my weakest Mid is Duurmsa, Hore weakest D and Parker/Petrucelle as my F6

Heeney/Boak (which 1 if this IN) leaves Butters/Stack/Scott/Atkins as weakest Mid, Hore weakest D , and Drew as my F6

• TommyC99 says:

If you can loop Parker and Petrucelle, id go option 1. If not, option 3. Not sure we can rely on Parker and petrucelle week in week out

23. Saritz says:

Phew, no major carnage with the teams tonight

24. Maverick_ says:

Both Parker and scott named this makes things interesting with the O'Brien trade now.
    Was hoping Scott wouldn't be so he was my scapegoat.

• TommyC99 says:

My Thoughts exactly. Dumping Setterfield means I can only VC Grundy tonight. I still think it’s warranted with ge amount of cash ROB will make

• Maverick_ says:

Yeah I think setters has to make way Tommy i don't want to miss the cash injection O'Brien will make.
        I can't believe how many poeple are off him you'd think his a 190k rookie the way some people are carrying on if he was a midfielder averagaing what he is everyone would be all over him.. mind boggling

• Russty_ says:

Nothing wrong with VC-ing Grundy Tommy, are you worried about it?

Nice!…5 ins at the Suns, how does Burgess keep getting a game?…lol

• Maverick_ says:

I have No idea Russty secretly i was hoping he'd be dropped he may actually lose us cash this w/e haha

• Russty_ says:

He's almost as bad as Balta isn't he?…wish he'd just have one good game and kick a few goals and get some confidence.

25. TommyC99 says:

So with scott names, is Setterfield the obvious trade for ROB? Or do we hold out on setters as he has money to make? Other trade out options include Butters, Burgess and gibbons, but they all still have money to make.
    What are you guys doing?

• Russty_ says:

I'm going Setters Tommy, but could easily be Burgess, I just wanted to retain my fwd/back swing, lost my mid/fwd swing though now.

• TommyC99 says:

hey russty, Id Love to trade burgess but I’d be far too light in the fwds so no can do. Trading setters means I have to VC Grundy which isn’t ideal, would love to be VCing Gawn but cash generation is far more important at this stage

26. George says:

Thoughts on butters to stack

27. Tommo09 says:

Are O’Brien and Stack must haves???

To get stack the only trades are Scott and Butters who I don’t particularly want to trade and for O’Brien I can only trade Sweet as he is not dpp which I have realised was a mistake.

Thoughts?

• Russty_ says:

Scott and Butters playing mate so I'd go straight from Sweet to ROB, they brought in Trengove to help spud English today so Sweet won't make any cash, even though I know he was probs only your loophole, do you have another loophole though?…even Balta named again LOL

With Houli in this week Stack could last as long as it takes Short to get back, think it'll all depend on how he goes this week though.

• Tommo09 says:

Yeah I’ll have Setterfield for 2 weeks to use so that will work
        Thanks I’ll do that trade now

• DavidC says:

Plenty of mid options on the horizon so Stack is not a must. Ross next week, Hayes is debuting this week plus Hateley and Rowbottom. Get O'Brien.

28. Russty_ says:

4 ins at the Cats including the 2 Guthries, got a feeling Clark could get a rest.

29. Ja191 says:

Heeney or boak in for Dunkley?

30. Russty_ says:

40 minutes for 8384 people to reverse trades on Rotham LOL…do it..do it nooow hehe

31. Ja191 says:

Graham dropped over Ross, js looking good if he can can continue to play well

32. Swoosh says:

OK – Burgess to Hore (not convinced on JS) or Bines to O'Brian (money really)

Suggestions please

• Russty_ says:

Can you do both?…or is there anyone else you can trade out to get ROB?…ideally you'd like to keep you loophole guy.
      Burgess is one rung above Balta, better off gone..Hore showed good signs last game, and makes some decent cash next week.

• Swoosh says:

Embarrassed to say I went English to Mummy this week … so one or the other

• Russty_ says:

English to Mummy isn't a bad trade Swoosh, trading someone giving you nothing for someone giving you something is good, hopefully you found a way to get ROB in too.
          Not a disaster losing your loophole, just pick a player like Cripps or Neale to C.

33. LtDraught says:

IN: Hore or Stack
    OUT: Setters or D. Joyce
    Im stuck on this one, any thoughts community?
    (Have already gone Sweet > ROB)

34. Blue says:

Thinking Williams to Heeney (via DPP) or Whitfield.

Forward line is
    Danger, Boak, Kelly, Drew, Parker, Setterfield (Burgess and Petruccelle)

Backs are
    Lloyd, Williams, B. Smith, Collins, Scrimshaw, Duursma (Hore and Clark)

Am I wasting a trade?

35. Dukes says:

I can’t decide wither to trade butters or Setterfield for rob

• Russty_ says:

Keep Butters, only one bad game, Setterfield makes dumb tackles, and doesn't score too well anyway.

36. TommyC99 says:

would it be smart to whack the E on petrucelle instead of Parker incase Parker is a late out? (Bines is on field so one of those will play)
    If I Whack the E on Parker and he is a late out, I’d get a donut

37. Swoosh says:

Giving Parker one more week.

His BE of 46 is just a bit high for my liking.

38. Tristan says:

I’m very keen to O’Brien in, but don’t quite have the cash to directly swap Sweet to him – will need to make another trade.

Team is:

D: Whitfield, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore – J.Clark, C.Burgess

M: Cripps, Neale, Macrae, Fyfe, B.Crouch, Liberatore, Rockliff, Walsh – Constable, Butters, Atkins

R: Grundy, Gawn – Sweet

F: Dangerfield, T.Kelly, R.Marshall, D.Moore, Drew, Parker – Setterfield, Petruccelle

If I trade down Setters then I’m left with no loophole, which is risky. Thinking of trading Atkins to Jack Ross or Stack, or else Petruccelle to Liam Baker.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is Obriens cash generation worth two trades?

• Russty_ says:

Shame you didn't have either Drew or Setters in the mids..and Bines instead of Sweet.
      Atkins to stack would be better than Petrol to Baker, not a huge deal not having a loophole, Clark could be out this week, just go with your best player if you don't have a loop, Cripps, Neale or Grundy.
      Great midfield by the way 🙂

39. FearTheBeard says:

Ffs who do we play this week Parker or Petrucelle?

40. Holty01 says:

Good luck for the week everyone

41. silversovereign says:

Sheisenhausen! Was toying with trading out treloar to hopper but decided against it, then forgot to reverse it. Now treloar decides to kick and hit targets. This might be the beginning of my downfall :/

42. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Forgot about the no reversing trades. Looks like O'Brien is locked into my side for Setterfield now, not too upset honestly, should be a good cash making move

43. Sam_01 says:

Boys it’s looking like our treloar problems have been answered

44. Doc_1 says:

Gibbons or Butters to make way for stack?

• Holty01 says:

I’m probably going Setterfield as I have that funny feeling Gibbons will score well with no Setterfield. Don’t have Butters but based on my logic I’d trade him out

• Doc_1 says:

Thanks Lads.
      Am booting Setterfield for ROB.
      Leaning towards Butters for Stack (as Gibbo will rise where’s butters may drop – but really undecided).

45. Pranav says:

when do we find out the full teams for geelong hawthorn?

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Sunday teams are finalised on Friday night, so following that logic, Monday teams will be finalised by Saturday night

46. Ja191 says:

How is Neale on 44

47. Redd says:

Treloar on 90pts at half time!

48. TommyC99 says:

Stef Martin nullifying Grundy as we all thought he would. I had to VC him unfortunately.

49. Holty01 says:

Apart from Treloar tonight, nothing really sc relevant is happening. Grundy and Neale I was tossing up who I would vc, in the end it didn’t really matter it seems

• Maverick_ says:

i stuffed up i shoulda VCd treloar bines is my only loophole and he plays tomorrow night i only have goldy i can VC in the game during the day and he isn't going 130+ i will just have to get my C right! looking at you patrick

50. TOPHAWK1 says:

That first quarter Mihocek goal needs to be reversed to a behind at half time. It clearly hit the padding/post. That is what the replay technology is there for. Eddy will be on the blower telling that the goal should stand as it was not corrected at that moment in time. LOL

Half time score should read:

Brisbane Lions 5.6.36
    Collingwood 7.10.52

51. FearTheBeard says:

Ffs who do we play this week Parker or Petrucelle?

52. Hawks says:

What to do with Devon Smith, can spend upto $504k

• Ja191 says:

Billings?

• Maverick_ says:

bit more to work with? who do and dont you have… look for someone who might work with ya byes. worpel? billings? dahl? daniel?

• Hawks says:

I have in the forward line-
        Danger, Heeney, SMITH, Moore, Rozee, Drew, Parker, Petrucelle

I also have the option to trade to a defender upto $504, as I have Burgess on the defensive bench, defense is-
        Lloyd, Hurn, Z.Williams, Collins, Duursma, Hore, Burgess, Joyce

I like the Billings suggestion, or perhaps Salem via swing

• Russty_ says:

Could just hold?…being 'managed' this week.

53. Sam_01 says:

Grundy could still be tracking for a 120 odd
    But who would you go for captain out of macrae and Cripps, leaning towards macrae surely the dogs have a big win

54. Russty_ says:

Jeez I got ripped off on Neale last week!….LOL, playing about as good as Darcy Moore tonight.

• Maverick_ says:

Very unlucky mate but Watch him pump out a 140 next week and probably for the next month after that haha

• Russty_ says:

Nothing ever goes right all in one week, like these guys with obscure mutty teams who win the weekly $1000 prize haha.

• Nice_Person says:

Ball is just not bouncing his way tonight, and is up against the best midfeild

• Sixtybloody6 says:

I knew something stunk like a rotting carcase locked away in a dark room with daddy long legs!

Why would you get Neale? Just a bandwagon jumper. Worse than tiger supporters after a 60 year drought.

• Russty_ says:

Hehe, gee dunno, why would I get Neale?…hmmm, let me see….
        Have I told you lately what a lovely person you are lately? 🙂

• TommyC99 says:

I don’t have him myself but he’s a proven scorer who looks to have taken the next step. Is up against arguably the best midfield in the Comp but a score this low considering he isn’t being tagged is very surprising.

• Shake_n_bake says:

Pies played him well. Sat a player in front of him at every stoppage.

55. Russty_ says:

Tipped Pies by 38, should've made it 68…Brisbane falling into a hole again after a promising start.

• TommyC99 says:

Don’t be surprised if the lions win this last quarter rusty. I hope I’m wrong but don’t really put sides to the sword and win by 70+. Hopefully tonight is different!

56. Yeahnah says:

Andrews hammy look bad?

57. BillyJim says:

Harris Andrews experiment has given me plenty of ups and downs so far, but it just hit a new low. Seems to have done his hammy.

58. SCrookie says:

Should I trade butters, setterfield or Parker to get ROB?
    I like setterfields DPP & loophole

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'm thinking of either Butters or Gibbons. I need Setterfield as my VC loop this round.

59. Russty_ says:

Moore seems to be making a habit of scoring 50 in the first half and SFA in the second….hope he can get into the 80's.

60. SC_Donkey says:

I saw a few people in some leagues had a lot of faith in Neale(C) or they forgot to switched it VC.

Glad I held on bringing Neale in this week. Might be able to pick him up cheaper in couple of weeks.

• Nice_Person says:

He's still going to be expensive, you've also missed out on 4 rounds of 142 avg

• Sixtybloody6 says:

Hahahaha. Exactly. This guy talks like hes a genius with master moves.

• SC_Donkey says:

Hahaha not a genius as you mate. Just going with my Gut instinct, Trealor doing the tagging and impacted Neales game. Hmmmm that's a worry, considering Trealor is not much of a tagger.

• Patch says:

I was not expecting him to drop a sub-100 score this early and I'm thanking my lucky stars he has. Now I just need to find a spare 400k…

• SC_Donkey says:

Last night's game was the one I've been I eyeing on. First 4 round Neale was playing unchecked, really needed to see how he goes against the Pies or against a tag. Has me a bit worried now if I should still pick him up or not. I have saved $250K for either him or Lloyd in the next few weeks.

Been patient with Dunkley, he's the only one in my forward that can guarantee me 70+ at F3 can't trust any rookies to cover that if I raged trade to Neale or Lloyd. As much I'd like to sideways to either Boak or Kelly, I've used 2 corrective trades already on Simmo and Dusty. I think 2 corrective is enough.

I'm being patient and wait for the right moment this year. And definitely going with my Gut instinct and some infos/opinions I get from all you beautiful people here in JR community.

61. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Was wondering who Christensen was reminding me of just by looking at his aweful hair doo. Looks like the bad guy in The 5th Element

62. TommyC99 says:

Grundy 98 killing my OCD. Bit disappointed in his finish seeing as he was on 80 with a fair bit to go. To be fair didn’t expect a massive score coming up against Martin but 3 figures would have been nice

63. AuroraBorealis?! says:

So Grundy has failed as VC, who is everyone putting the C on this week? Currently have it on Macrae but that could easily change

64. John says:

Is it worth going Parker to Stack so I can afford Sweet to ROB?

65. Vinny says:

Yes, now that sauce jacobs is out for another month at the least, I have brought O'Brien in, as I really fear cash generation in my forward rookies. I know a lot will say a waste of two trades, but he looks on his way to making so much more than any forward rookie I have. (Best is Duursma) Plus he does actually offer decent cover if one of grawndy do go down. Has anyone else brought him in after jacobs injury news?

• JohnDJ59 says:

Not yet, I'm still working out which rookie should go for him.

• Derek says:

if you have Bines at R3 it isn’t wasting a trade if you trade a rookie out and swing Bines forward

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Spot on Derek. ROB is so handy for my team. I still don't trust Mumford 100% despite having been a decent trade in round 3 so far. (Touch wood). Nice insurance and handy cash generation at the same time.

• SC_Donkey says:

Did that this week, with lack of rookies up forward. Can't pass on O'Brien since Jacobs is out for a while. Yes you're right Derek only if you have Bines swinging up fwd, that way when O'Brien has fatten up for culling. Swing Bines back in R3 and upgrade or downgrade O'Brien.

Having Bines, O'Brien basically acts as fwd trade not a ruck trade.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I am bringing him in this week. I think Setterfield might get the heave ho via DPP (Bines). I have the Grunford combo. LOL (Grundy and Mumford) ROB is strategically important for my team not only as a juicy cash cow, but as insurance just in case Mummy decides to bash someone or decides to get injured again. That will be my only trade this week.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I've gone Gibbons to O'Brien, we need to jump on the cash generation as it presents itself.

• Maverick_ says:

I went butters too O'Brien. I wanted to hold setterfield to finally get him in my midfield so i have a fwd/mid swing set!
        Offers alot of flexibility going forward and got a nice cash fix from butter -> O'Brien.

66. Steeeve says:

Neale and Fyfe ripe for the picking in a fortnight hopefully. I wont have the cash by then though. Need one of em to have another low score soon to keep their prices down.

67. COREYSC says:

Hi Community
    I have 30 trades left and 24K in the Bank

OPTION 1: continue to hold Dunkley or pull the trigger now and bring in Boak through downgrading Butters to Stack

OPTION 2: Trade in O’Brien and swing Bines forward and getting rid of Setterfield then Gibbons to Stack as well

OPTION 3: Or is it too early to be trading and just hold my trades all together I’ve never been in this position with only 1 major concern with my team being Dunkley

68. Browncow says:

Whitfield with the C

69. Sixtybloody6 says:

I'll give everyone a tip for C this week. Listen closely……i suggest you all out the C on Eddie Betts! 300th game. Will score 300 SC minimum which means with CAPTAIN score it'll be 600! Mind blown!!!!

• Lazza says:

Hahaa.. I wonder how many of the 4000 odd coaches who have him visit JR? Will anyone fed up!!!
      Good on Eddie Betts though… an entertainer..

70. Lazza says:

Hmmm, we don’t get Sunday’s final team until after the start of the Bombers v North game..

71. Happy Easter to all at J R I share my birthday with today so it's a real good friday. The last two weeks I have brought in Marshall and ROB Though both are good S C players ,I have my doubts at club level Neither club will win it with these two alone.They need a goldy or grundy. Makes me think how good the Saints would be with Goldy cheers lads NDD

72. Kewbie Bear says:

Only 24 trades left. Someone tell me I'm out of control. Ranked 2587 the only consolation at the moment.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Is that before you trade this week or after you have used two trades this week? I am sitting on 26 with one trade being used today. That leaves me with 25. I do not think having 26/25 trades after round 5 is out of control. I have started a little more aggressively this year as I had to grab some early opportunities and make one corrective. I f you have 22 left after this round as you are planning to use 2 more trades then I reckon you will need to hit the brakes mate. That's getting out of control. If you have 24 after this round is completed you will also need to be discliplined for a few weeks. But it aint out of control mate. Hope that makes sense! Cheers.

• Kewbie Bear says:

Yeah makes sense, I have 24 trades after having already traded setters to stack and bringing ROB in for my random rookie ruck I have been loopholing. I'm similar to you, went Dusty to Liber early, Westhoff to Grundy early, and Hore to Rozee before his price change. GEtting maximum cash flow is more critical than ever given we don't know where the next rookies are coming from at the moment! Jack Ross might be the only additional trade I make if he plays well…

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Thats sweet Kewbie. 24 trades at this stage is OK. Provided the trades used have been done to secure good rooks, and decent correctives which you have done. Its a shame you let Hore go, but there was no guarantee he was going to come back any time soon. I still have him purely because I was making changes to my team on other lines. Its a bonus I still have him. I am only getting in ROB this week as I have Grundy and Mumford. ROB is a nice cash cow and good insurance in case Mumford decides to bash someone or gets injured again.

• Kewbie Bear says:

Yeah the boat has sailed for me on Hore and Collins unfortunately, other than that I think I have everyone. I confess to being a crow fan and I see a lot of upside to ROB. He got his hand to a lot of taps but our mids just don't know how to read him yet, hopefully big things to come! You have to take whatever luck you can in supercoach, having Hore still is a great result for your team 🙂 !!

• Lazza says:

Hey KB,
          You’ve touched on a point that is worrying me… there doesn’t appear to be many new rookies on the horizon… most that we have are slow burn .. and it’s looking like 3 trade minimum to a Premo.. Full premo looks like a dream at the moment …and it will take longer than usual to get there.. if at all..

73. RoyWetard says:

Anyone know why Williams only has 3 tackles in 4 games?

74. TOPHAWK1 says:

Charlie Constable is OUT.

75. Matt says:

Should I go Parker to Stack?

76. TOPHAWK1 says:

Just received a bit more intel to say that both Guthrie boys named for Geelong. Looks like Jordan Clark is also OUT.

• chuck-a-spekky says:

Dang. Where'd you hear that Tophawk?

Both have been playing really well. Must be resting them.

Will be interesting to see what happens when Tuohy comes back in.

• Russty_ says:

Is that confirmed TH?..I can't find anything on it.

77. Maverick_ says:

Not sure how many own Miles & Chayce Jones but both are OUT for there matches sunday!

78. TelescopicCox says:

Butters or Setterfield to O’Brien.

Or should I pass on ROB?

They’re my only options to get him

79. Shake_n_bake says:

Constable out

• BlueBaggerJosh says:

I have Walsh M8, that’s going to affect a lot of people though… Scott on field now for them? Hopefully he pulls out a Good Friday miracle and tons up again

• Maverick_ says:

everyone should be able to loop scott though BBJ so get two cracks at it to get it right thankfully.
        I'll wack the E on scott if he fails i'll play butters/atkins onfield

80. Dean says:

Fyfe named, that was a bloody serious double KO on Fyfe last week, do you really think he'll play this week or will he be a late withdrawal?

81. Stupid Coach says:

Really unsure what to do with Devon Smith. I assume that 'managed'' means that he will be back next week. So do I trade him to Shiel, Libba, Kelly or Marshall and put him on the pine (Petrucelle and Burgess are emergencies).

Alternatively, which of the following two should I trade -McKay (NM), Burgess, Gibbons or Parker.

27 trades left but literally nothing in the bank.

Any advice or assistance much appreciated.

• Maverick_ says:

Personally i'd hold he should be back you'd think not worth a trade.
      do you have bines or sweet at R3?

• Stupid Coach says:

Sweet. I have thought about bringing O'Brien in for him but with McKay, Burgess, Gibbons and Parker getting close to their BE I thought they downgrading one of them would be the priority.

• Dash says:

I have the same issue with D Smith. Although thinking of turning him into Boak

• Stupid Coach says:

I would love to do that but don't have the cash and worried how he might score against the Eagles.

82. Dean says:

28 Trades left and $125k in kitty.
    Here is my team community…

DEFENCE
    Lloyd, Laird, Z Williams, Clark, Duursma, Burgess (McKay, Hore)

MIDFIELD
    Cripps, Neale, Fyfe, Oliver, Treloar, Libba, Butters, Constable (Atkins, Gibbons, Stack)

RUCK
    Grundy, Gawn (O’Brien)

FORWARD
    Dangerfield, Heeney, Dahlhaus, Drew, Parker, Petruccelle (Balta, Bines)

Need a bit of honest feedback from you community.
    I am really wanting to get rid of Oliver and bring in the BONT or Macrea, do I hold on to Oliver or should I follow my gut?

Happy Easter to you ALL…

• Maverick_ says:

HOLD he will finish top 8 . his possesions are at a career high just his DE% is down. he will come good and so will melbourne soon enough. I was extremely close to trading treloar last night i held and look how that turned out for us… 🙂
      Looking at your side i'd just hold for the week you have O'Brien and stack already.

83. hedski says:

Love the Panic Room Kev, not sure if you can still alter your draftstars team but Zac Clarke is out mate.

84. TommyC99 says:

Which 2 to field out of Clark, duursma or hore? Can’t loop

85. Greg says:

do I trade butters or gibbons to stack or hold?

86. COREYSC says:

Advice on my team Community? 30 Trades ledt and 24K in the bank

Lloyd, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Scrimshaw, Duursma, Hore (Clark, Burgess)
    Marcie, Cripps, Neale, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Scott (Constable, Atkins, Gibbons)
    Dangerfield, Heeney, T.Kelly, Dunkley, Drew, Parker (Setterfield, Petruccelle)

Any advice is greatly appreciated
    Happy Easter Supercoaches!

• TelescopicCox says:

Can you go Butters to ROB? Can’t see you tuck line so don’t know if you have Bines to DPP.

Holding is fine too. Your team looks in good shape

• COREYSC says:

Thankyou mate, Yeah I have bines so I can do that!
        Thoughts on Dunkley? Been tossing up all week on going Butter to Stack then Dunkley to Boak

• TelescopicCox says:

He’s a tough one. Playing the Blues so could go alright but his stats aren’t great.

I think that’s a good move. Boak is price at a 105 average at the moment, so he is still rising

87. Matty says:

I'm thinking of picking up either Bolton or baker from richmond. Which of the 2 do you think has better job security?

88. RockyRoad says:

Is a Constable to Rocky trade too early? Have the cash to upgrade now. Or better to upgrade Williams likely to Whitfield/Dunkey to Boak?

89. My best pick this year has been LIBBA and worst Dunkley Scholl from Adelaide might be a good pick up in a few weeks .He had one great JLT then got dropped Played well last week in magoos

• Russty_ says:

I'f say Libba is my best too mate, many of my other so called premos not really doing it so far, Rowbottom will be one to watch this week on debut.

• Lazza says:

I managed to swap Yeo for Libba b4 R3… best move ever for me .. allowed me to bring in Kelly .. even though he spudded up.. Libba will go to the end .. last upgrade .. or until he is injured .. he has taken the place of Picken in my mind who was the epitome of guts and determination and maximising ones talent.. . and I’m not even a Doggies supporter..

• Russty_ says:

Very gutsy little bugger he is Lazza, could end up at 550k too which is a mega-bonus, reckon we all have to do a few sideways correctives early on, except for the ones who picked perfect teams from the start lol

• Sharkmove_King says:

Whitfield & Hurn @d1&2 are carrying my team at the moment, so either them 2 or Libba as well

• COREYSC says:

I would say holding Heeney and god please holding Dunkley will be my two best moves
      But starting picks would have to be Neale and Lloyd

90. John says:

Who do I field out of Gibbons and Stack?

• Russty_ says:

I'd go Stack if I had him, Gibbons can go missing in games and score real low, at least Stack's shown he can score well.

• TelescopicCox says:

Stack has the runs on the board, albeit in one match.

I’d go Stack

91. TOPHAWK1 says:

Are the final teams for the Hawthorn-Cats game finalised today? (Extended benches). Or is it tomorrow?

Saturday at 4 pm mate.
      Four Cats included on extended bench
      Tom Collings
      Apr 18, 2019 5:53PM

cats website.

92. TelescopicCox says:

First trade of the season done in Butters to ROB. Was going to hold but it looks like Butters, Scott and Gibbons will all need to go soon. Will look to trade Scott and Gibbons to Ross and hopefully Hayes, passing on Stack

93. Stupid Coach says:

If I go Gibbons to Stack who would you put on the field out of Stack and Butters.

• Rick Grimes says:

Butterballs. Think he'll go ok.

• Stupid Coach says:

Thanks Rick. Currently have Butters on the field so do you think it is still worth trading Gibbons to Stack or should I save the trade.

• Lazza says:

Stack will make more $$ for you here on in than Gibbons… however, they are likely to play Gibbons in ‘his’ position this week.. up to now they have thought he was Eddie Betts
          It depends on whether u think u need to save trades

94. Pman says:

Am desperate to dump The Hoff but maintain Ruck back up and are having a hard time deciding between the following trades and would appreciate any feedback;

Westhoff/Butters OUT for IN: O'Brien/Boak with $137K in kitty (swing Bines to Fwd)

OR

Westhoff/Setterfield OUT for IN: O'Brien/Heeney with $88K in bank – am a bit gun shy on Heeney after foolishly trading him out after Rd 2

Help!

• Pman says:

I wasted a trade by dumping Heeney after Rd 2 (which I massively regret) but are worried about using another trade to bring him in again when there was talk earlier this week of him missing over fitness? Is Boak's scoring run likely to drop and will he cop the WC tag tonight?

95. HarryH76 says:

Surely got to take Zerrett 137… or go with Cripps?

• Lazza says:

What was your cut off H?
      Stick with your rules..

• Pman says:

My cut off is 135 so I'd probably lock it in, that said I've got the C in Cripps after Neale spudded it up last night as VC. Flip of the coin!

• HarryH76 says:

Mine is normally 130 but Cripps has been so goddam good. Having said that, hard to miss. Even if Cripps gets 155 not missing out on much. So I suspect I'll take the 137 to the bank

96. TommyC99 says:

Field duursma or hore? Both will end up playing anyway if Clark is out but need to start 1 onfield

97. iLoveNMFC says:

Atkins or Stack on field?

98. Pman says:

Atkins or Butters in Bench? Whose likely to score more? Feel Butters is due for a big one (80+) after a week out. Thoughts?

99. Sheppard 45 late 1st quarter Barras late out Thanks for the heads up Hedski You win some

100. Lazza says:

Gotta laugh .. half time and Butters is doing better than Rocky ..

• Tyruddanaut says:

I’m not. That was my first upgrade 🙁

• Seen a reply of yours Laz re trading Constable Though I agree he has plenty of coin left would you trade him to a fallen LAIRD with Rozee

• Lazza says:

Hey Neil.. I’ve not considered trading Constable .. I had the E on Scott and when he duffed it I moved Butters on field for Constable . Will hold Constable.., he’s probably the best of the rookies for ROI.
        I’m not sure on Laird.. the whole Crows backline is below par at the moment .. once they put Laird in the mid field I’d be ready to pounce..

101. COREYSC says:

How good is Petruccelle, love his role tonight playing up the ground and his work rate has been brilliant still hitting the scoreboard, happy I held Setterfield got the emergency on Petrucelle

102. TelescopicCox says:

Can’t wait to trade out Darling. He’s been a huge backfire for me

103. Tyruddanaut says:

Hurn is the GOAT

• COREYSC says:

My first upgrade in defence especially with the 12th round bye

• Lazza says:

Yep.. I totally under estimated him .. thought he would be 95-100 .. but he is killing it .. my 1st DEF upgrade as well .. (already have Whitfield)

104. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Jee wiz 4 west coast players under 20pts end of 3rd

That's why we will see 10 players score over 110 this game

105. hedski says:

Oh my Darling, oh my Darling, you are copping both barrels on Tuesday.

• kevdup says:

Just looking and wandering, how the # did I get sucked into Darling…. what to do with him ! is it to late to trade him, his price has fallen.

Maybe trade him out for Kennedy mate? 😉

• TelescopicCox says:

I don’t care what his price is, he’s gone. Hopefully Kelly is in reach for me

106. COREYSC says:

Petra Cherry Picker!

107. SC_Donkey says:

Petruccelle, Hurn, Drew and Duursma.👍
    Seeing a few teams don't have  Petruccelle strange.

108. Holty01 says:

Been in bed with the flu most of the day and missed the start of the Ess vs Nth game which meant I didn’t trade out Scott for ROB. Instead went Setterfield for him. This has now meant I dont have that loop option which now means I can’t get Petra’s score off the bench. Bloody flu

• Russty_ says:

Bad luck mate and get well soon!…consolation prize you can go Scott to Ross next week if he backs up.

• JohnDJ59 says:

That's nearly as bad as me Holty, I had the E on Petruccelle as I usually put the E on the first playing rookie, had Setterfield on the bench in the mids ready to move into the fwd line if needed, but then in my wisdom, I over thought it and decided Parker would have a better chance at a good score.

109. KSinny says:

Handy Ton' s from Petrucelle and Drew

110. Hart_attack says:

Thoughts on trading Parker to stack so I can loophole petrucelles ton???
    Probably trade Parker next week anyway

111. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Didn't watch the game but Rocky seems hard done by not to ton up

112. BundyBear says:

Danger or Stack for captain ?

113. tysb says:

What to do with Sheed? Can I tolerate two spud scores back to back or do I stick fat.

I’ve been watching him closely over the past 2 weeks with Gaff back , it doesn’t look like Gaff is affected him too much really. He was poor last week disposals wise with 16 odd and bounced back today with 27 touches. Also to note he had 7 clangers tonight.

Another tough game next week with the Cats but with the easy run followowing I could see him putting some form together , SC wise.

114. seen one of the best drop kicks ever last night by Latrell to sink the Storm with a golden point win .The timing was just right

115. Stupid Coach says:

Do I take Butters score of 74 (can loophole with Settle field) or role the dice with Stack.

Trade Joyce to Hore (generates more cash) or Sweet to ROB (lose some cash). Either way it is for coverage only. Leaves me with 25 trades.

116. Connor says:

Had Grundy as emergency on my bench (Sweet on field) as was thinking of putting the C on Gawn… considering Grundy only scored a 100, is it still a good idea to go Sweet > ROB and miss out on Grundy’s score?

117. Stacky23 says:

is Gibbons to stack and sweet to Obrien worth it, got 29 trades atm and team is as follows
    Hurn Crisp Williams Duursma Scrimshaw Hore (Clark, Burgess)
    Macrae Cripps Coniglio Crouch Yeo Libba Walsh Atkins (Constable Scott Gibbons)
    Gawn Grundy (Sweet)
    Danger Heeney Kelly Drew Petrucelle Parker (Balta Setterfield)
    Got some real dud rookies not making cash

• Russty_ says:

I'd do that Stacky, you can keep Balta or Burgess for the loophole if and when one of them gets dropped next week. Setterfield for now.

118. COREYSC says:

Zac Williams was on 60 at HT with 17 touches now just before 3QTR Time he’s on 61 points with 22 touches is anyone watching? What happened?

119. Kewbie Bear says:

Good first game from Hately, knows how to find the pill.