This year has been the most challenging attempt at cracking a good round one side. Normally a side’s structure clicks into place about halfway through the JLT Series, with tinkering clearing up the rest of the side.

That never happened this year.

Part of that was due to my own circumstances – work and life came together to steal me away from my side, and what little time I had for Supercoach went into the podcast, uploading content and ruining Lekdog’s draft leagues.

so, as for my team.

It’s not a brilliant side. It won’t leap out of the gates and burst to the top of the rankings. I’ve had many better starting sides, but in previous years I was confident even my speculative picks – Zach Merrett, Jack Macrae and their ilk – would be top 10 players. This year I’ve had very little confidence I was picking the best players in each line.

So this is what I’ve come up with:

The Plan

Let’s explore some of the logic behind why I’ve picked this side.

So the dilemma came down to a solid F3 – let’s use David Mundy as an example – plus two rookies vs Liberatore, Moore and Ridley. I never quite settled on that F3 because it’s the single worst position to select in a Supercoach side, so I kind of fell into the second option by default.

Ridley should average 70. He might hit 80 if teams don’t tag him, but at any rate my calculations have him averaging 70, which will net me 100k by round seven.

Moore will be taking kickouts for the Pies and will score. I have no qualms about carrying him until the bye. You’ll notice Burgess is on my forward bench instead of in the backline – I intend to swing one of him or Moore down back when I flick Ridley, which – unless Goddard 2.0 is averaging 85 or more – won’t be after round eight.

If Ben Cavarra hasn’t been named by that stage, someone will have. You’ll notice Willem Drew in my midfield, ready to swing forward and pounce on a midfield rookie. This means Ridley can go as a correctional trade if there’s an essential rookie, or if we decide Sam Walsh is essential after all.

Defenders

I’ve spoken about Ridley already, but I want to dissect why I’ve gone very skinny down back. Williams doesn’t need explanation, and Shannon Hurn is the man who looks most likely to benefit from the kick-in rules, with the possible exception of Darcy Moore. Brodie Smith looked exceptionally good through the JLT and while I don’t think he’ll be a keeper, I’ll give him every opportunity to audition as one.

The rookies sort of speak for themselves – I don’t like how expensive Sam Collins is but until someone with his job security and scoring potential comes along, he’s staying there.

I don’t have Jack Lloyd or Rory Laird. I want both of them but I need the cash elsewhere. They’ll drop in price and I hope they don’t score too much while doing so. I hate not having them, and if we had more rookies I’d snare them, but I cannot.

Midfield

Libba’s the only real talking point here, Oliver looks over his surgery, Gonigliog is a beast and Crouch is too cheap to miss the chance to ride a top-8 premo from 550k. Cripps and Macrae pick themselves while the rookies all look solid, with Drew in the midfield for reasons I’ve already explained.

I don’t like the Dogs as a Supercoach side. I just don’t. There’s very little certainty in their line-up beyond Macrae playing midfield and Bontempelli’s basketball background being referenced. But Libba is good at one thing, and one thing only: an in and under midfielder. He’ll average 100 if Bevo plays him where he belongs.

The Doggies have a round 12 bye, which means I can’t trade him to someone who’s already had their week off but I’ll flick him some time during the bye period, unless he’s going at close to 110.

Rucks

“bUt ThE cOx CuRsE!!!!!1”

me, every single week

Shut up. I’ve been going on all year about Grundy not going around again as the number one ruckman because Dean Cox sets up a pentagram or soemthing. I’ve been going on about how this is the year I don’t fall for it. I wouldn’t do it. Dean Cox wouldn’t hurt me again.

And yet here we are. Supercoach is just an outlet for my self-loathing.

Forwards

All aboard the Jack Billings train! For those of you that haven’t listened to the podcasts, Billings is underpriced, set to move up onto a wing and into the guts with injuries to the St Kilda side and as someone who didn’t get burned last year, I’m waltzing into this without knowing how much it can hurt. Ignorance is bliss, but when you hear me crying in round four when he drops a 40 don’t comfort me.

I’ve discussed Moore, and as much as I don’t like the pick, he’ll make me cash and eventually be a decent swinging option – potentially a D7/F7. Or he could do his hamstring in round three and I have to trade him to a rookie. Potato, potato

(That phrase really doesn’t work in a text only format, it’s the potAYto potAHto joke where it’s two things that are the same but… oh you know what I mean. Shush.)

Is it enough of a plan? No. Am I confident of doing well? No. Will my rough-shod plan fall apart? Abso-bloody-lutely.

Categories: Supercoach

Undawhelm Undadeliva · 19/03/2019 at 17:26

Thanks Patch, great write up! Had a some ideas similar in my team, just can't bring myself to trust Libba, or drop the cash on Grundy/Macrae:

DEF: Mills, Williams, Smith, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark, (Burgess, Hore)
MID: Cripps, Fyfe, Neale, Cogs, Dusty, B.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, (Constable, Scott, Gibbons)
RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Sweet)
FWD: Danger, Heeney, Kelly, Moore, Setterfield, Drew, (Petruccelle, Parker)

Wondering if B.Crouch would be better as Brayshaw? Got $166,500, so a bit to play with. Any advice appreciated.

BVB21 · 19/03/2019 at 17:43

Mills to Whitfield

Brad Crouch to Brayshaw

Moore to Greene

Many options available

Undawhelm Undadeliva · 19/03/2019 at 17:52

Thanks BVB, was conscious of not getting Whitfield or Laird to avoid some pain watching them take points off of Williams/Smith. Maybe just get Mills up to Lloyd?

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:01

Yeah that could be the move mate

Undawhelm Undadeliva · 19/03/2019 at 22:49

Cheers Patch

DEESNUTSRBIG · 19/03/2019 at 21:41

Brayshaw is a very safe option to ave 100. Will average a bit higher than that just dont see him as 110+ type mid though. He slowed down the last few games last season but has increased his fitness over the summer.
    Crouch is a risk i am avoiding.

Nathan · 19/03/2019 at 17:27

I was burnt hard by billings last year as I couldn’t trade the bigger out but I’m going for round 2 with him and he’s my f3 too

Hardy · 21/03/2019 at 22:21

join 182223

Troy · 19/03/2019 at 17:30

Chef_kiss_fingers.gif

Ken · 19/03/2019 at 17:33

Thoughts on Daniel rich? Scored well during jlt with limited time on ground…I'm seriously considering him…thoughts community

BVB21 · 19/03/2019 at 17:41

I don’t hate it.

If he could be consistent then he has potential to be top 6.

But is it worth the risk when defence is the easiest line.

If you want a POD then the forward line is best line to do it on.

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:05

You're asking about DANIEL RICH on MY team reveal? Oh Ken. Oh dear.

(Don't tell Lek but I don't hate it, I do think there are better options though.) Outside Williams his the best option at his price, but he won't be a top 10 defender, and he's not cheap enough to be value. Would prefer Brodie Smith and the extra 60k

Ken · 20/03/2019 at 11:06

Hahaha Cheers patch.. I'll stay clear then

DEESNUTSRBIG · 19/03/2019 at 21:43

some people never learn. good luck you are gonna need it. cheers

BVB21 · 19/03/2019 at 17:40

I traded Billings to R.Gray early and it saved my season

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:02

I may have to do the same, BVB. I'm not giving Jack much wriggle room if he stinks it up, but I don't reckon he will

BVB21 · 19/03/2019 at 20:51

No I think you will be right. He looks to be a permanent fixture on the wing. And to be honest there isn’t many safe picks in the forwards except Danger and Heeney.

Gibbs · 19/03/2019 at 17:52

Should I go Macrae and Toby Green or Neal/ Cogs and Billings? Agree Patch think Billings is a very very solid option!

JohnDJ59 · 19/03/2019 at 19:38

Cogs and Billings.

COREYSC · 19/03/2019 at 19:44

My counsellor tells me not to talk about Billings end of story

The best · 19/03/2019 at 17:54

Bad side , if we have anything to learn from history is mid price madness never works. If you can’t learn from history you will keep on repeating .

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:07

If the rookies we want to appear crop up on Thursday night, I might paint the fence with Moore/Libba, but I'm not overly confident these rookies will appear. I don't like it but I've got plans in place for if (when) it goes wrong

kevwal · 19/03/2019 at 17:59

Not a bad side Patch, Libba/Billings/Moore/Ridley with as many swings as you can find to repair early damage. I have swings everywhere as well. Moore(D4) and Duursma(D6), Drew(M9), Bines(R3), Westhoff(F2) Setterfield(F5) and Burgess(F7). Praying now for starting rookies to be named.
All the best for the season Patch.

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:07

Chev Kevwal! You too mate – that's the idea. I can't settle on an ideal line-up and instead of a vanilla side I tried to work with what I could the best I can. Praying for those rookies though

WinnerzRGrinnerz · 19/03/2019 at 18:02

Hi community,

Trying to decide on one of the combinations below. Any thoughts appreciated. (Rx1, Mx2, Dx1, Fx1)

1. Goldstein, Macrae, Butters, K Simpson, T Kelly
2. Goldstein, Cripps, Neale, S Collins, T Kelly
3. Gawn, Macrae, Neale, S Collins, T Greene
4. English, Neale, Merrett, K Simpson, T Kelly

JohnDJ59 · 19/03/2019 at 19:41

1 or 3

redherringfc · 19/03/2019 at 20:08

3. basically it’s the only one without T Kelly. But it also is the only one with Gawn.

Gawn, Macrae, Neale are all keepers. Collins hopefully a good money maker and Greene will hopefully be both.

I think you need Gawn and T Kelly screams an extra trade, to me. (but he’s not on my radar and I could be completely wrong)

The mighty wokkas · 19/03/2019 at 18:11

So Ridley or Moore as a d4?

oldmategav · 19/03/2019 at 19:17

moore is more risky but the DPP is handy

Goaled Finger · 19/03/2019 at 18:17

My f3 is constantly swinging from R.Gray to J.Dunkley. Much like my missus, who I recently found out is swinging between Gary next door and the guy at the hardware store who calls me ‘Peter’.

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:08

Hahahaha

Dunkley looks the goods based on McLean's comments this week

Goaled Finger · 19/03/2019 at 23:56

I just split it – Dunkley is cheaper and could be playing a SC friendly roll, but Gray has the runs on the board.

Goaled Finger · 19/03/2019 at 23:57

*can’t split it

Rivo · 19/03/2019 at 18:28

Nice team Patch. Though it’s a gamble not picking Lloyd/Laird to start. I can see it’s allowed more midfield cash which is a good option.

How does this set up look, pretty settled on it for now, pending Teams tomorrow/Thursday…

$9k left…

D: Lloyd, Laird, Williams, B.Smith, Collins, Clark (Duursma, Hore);
M: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, Dusty, Libba, Walsh, Butters, Constable (B.Scott, Atkins, Gibbons);
R: Grundy, Gawn (Sweet);
F: Danger, Heeney, T.Kelly, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew (Petrucelle, Parker).

Any feedback welcomed Community….

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:10

Cheers mate – I know. I'm hoping the midfield makes up for the point loss.

Can't see any issue with that side mate, looking the goods.

Rivo · 20/03/2019 at 09:16

Thanks Patch. While it is safe starting team, there are no guarantees any team will work early on. Good luck & keep going with the entertaining podcasts.

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:46

Thanks Rivo!

Matt · 19/03/2019 at 20:33

You can't get any more cookie cutter than that.

Rivo · 20/03/2019 at 09:17

Cheees Matt. Started with more risks and folded back to classic GNR set up. Mid price risk with Libba, Williams and Smith, but seems most are doing the same. Good luck this weekend.

Brn · 19/03/2019 at 18:37

Very risk vs reward. But all those midpricers/expensive rookies are scary. Maybe a bit too much jlt influenced?
Could be doing a lot of upgrades. Killer midfield though (same as mine but walsh over libba) Billings/moore = classical midlife gambles that probably don't need to be taken.

Honestly, it better than my team if it all pays off. But that's a big if

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:09

It's a big If, Brn. A big if indeed. But as I said, I've got plans in place for when one of Libba/Moore/Ridley fail. Far too much JLT in there, but my preseason didn't kick into gear until then so it was all I had.

Steve · 19/03/2019 at 19:03

Nice looking team Patch, any thoughts on mine.

Got $23.300 in the bank

D: Hurn, Andrews, Williams, Smith, Clark, Duursma, (Collins, Hore)
M: Macrae, Cripps, Coniglio, M.Crouch, Bradshaw, Cousins, Walsh, Butters (Hately, Constable, Scott)
R: Gawn, Goldstein (Sweet)
F: Dangerfield, Heaney, Kelly, Setterfield, Drew, Petrucelle (Burgess, Parker)

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:11

ANDREWS! Love seeing him in sides. A lot riding on Cogs or Crouch being a top 5 mid in that side, I'd probably prefer a Neale or Oliver in there but that's just me. Would involve a bit of cutting to get there but can't fault it too much mate

Josh Ryan · 19/03/2019 at 19:14

Hey there Supercoach nation,
I'm looking for people to join my league (code – 874174). I have about 15 spots remaining, l would prefer people to join who are experienced or don't give up on their team half way through the season. Also how do you make the Phantom join your league?

Cheers guys.

JEL · 19/03/2019 at 22:17

When you look at your league, there is a panel on the right called 'Take on our experts'
    In there you can find the Phantom.

Nathan · 19/03/2019 at 19:15

Good stuff Patch!

Thoughts on my team community?

Def: Simpson, Hurn, Smith, Moore, Collins, Scrimshaw (Clark, Hore)
Mid: Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, M Crouch, Sheed, Walsh, Butters, Scott (Duursma, Constable, Gibbons)
Ruck: Grundy, Gwen (Sweet)
Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Darling, Green, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

$61k in the bank

Nathan · 19/03/2019 at 19:16

Gawn **

oldmategav · 19/03/2019 at 19:27

i rate the kade simpson selection feel like Darling is going to benefit with the new zone rule. I really like this team!

oldmategav · 19/03/2019 at 19:16

billings is so tempting, someone please convince me to not get him

Patch · 19/03/2019 at 20:11

Come to the dark side, Gav

redherringfc · 19/03/2019 at 20:32

Get a rookie in the forwards and buy Tom Mitchell in the mids. It’s only an extra 300k and Mitchell is guaranteed to not lose you any money.

magic mullet · 19/03/2019 at 22:14

you could also try and get some cash to upgrade a defensive rookie to Docherty as a he wont lose any money either

Tim · 19/03/2019 at 19:53

Def: Whitfield, ZWilliams, BSmith, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Duursma, Hore)
Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, DMartin, MCrouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (BScott, Atkins, Gibbons)
Ruck: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Greene, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

F3 is a nightmare, cant settle on who to take

KSinny · 19/03/2019 at 20:25

Have $160k in the Bank and not sure whether to get Grundy or use the coin somewhere else. Thoughts?

DEF: Whitfield, Williams, Smith, Collins, Duursma, Clark (Burgess, Hore)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Cogs, Dusty, M. Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters (Constable, Scott, Atkins)

RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Schlensog)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Kelly , Moore, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

KeenButClueless · 19/03/2019 at 20:37

You could consider Collins down to Burgess. Libba down to Walsh. Ridley up to McGrath, Drew forward and maybe Gibbons to M11.

Libba has to outscore Walsh by around 20. That’s. A 50/50 call for me. It gives you a potential keeper in McGrath, saving at least one trade. Haven’t done the math, but you might even reach Mills. At a minimum you could move Moore back and bring in Greene. If you’ve gone Billings, might as well go full balls out and take Greene as well!

nankthetank · 19/03/2019 at 21:46

Can't see McGrath being a keeper this year. Will have too many 70-80 scores to be a top defender

KeenButClueless · 19/03/2019 at 21:54

Fair enough. Seems like all the ingredients are there no 1 draft pick, third year, defender with almost guaranteed mid time minutes and under 400k. It does scream pick me. I Guess s stronger JLT might have made us more excited.

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:58

Agreed. If anything it'd be Brad Crouch in the middle but those moves are something I'm heavily considering because I'm flakey and can't commit to anything

BVB21 · 19/03/2019 at 20:48

I think it’s a really good team patch.

I had Ridley for a long time but I was just too worried about a role change.

If Walsh does a Brayshaw/LDU then you will get a jump on the field.

I like the Hurn pick. I wanted him myself but R13 bye is just so hard to cover.

redherringfc · 19/03/2019 at 20:55

Of the 4 hosts to post their sides only one has Dusty, which is Kev.

He’s been a lock in my team since the start. Am I missing something? At 560k he seems like a steal.

nankthetank · 19/03/2019 at 21:49

I've had him in and out, and still don't know whether he'll be in there or not come thursday but the reason I'm hesitant is that while I think he's bound to have a much better season, he's probably still gonna have a couple games where he's off colour and drops in price and that's when I'd like to jump on him.

Sharkmove_King · 19/03/2019 at 21:52

Hasn't left my team redherring….A captain option @560k is a massive steal!

DEESNUTSRBIG · 19/03/2019 at 21:57

Still looks a bit unfit (or just lazy), will spend a bit more time forward so as long as he kicks goals the points will be there. I will wait and see how he goes before potentially bringing him in. MID only means there are better options. Should have been FWD eligible and would have been locked in at F3 but the supercoach tyrants said too bad.

Sharkmove_King · 19/03/2019 at 20:56

60k extra is alot to pay to have a rookie with job security at D7. Anyone concerned with the effect Rory Thompson being out for the season will have on Collins? Intercept defenders need lock-down defenders fit to do there thing.
Good luck Potatoes!!!

Russty_ · 19/03/2019 at 21:38

I think it means Collins has 100% job security and a chance to shine.

Sharkmove_King · 19/03/2019 at 21:49

True, that's one way of looking at it Russty….his JS is through the roof now!

KeenButClueless · 19/03/2019 at 22:26

I did that one year when Nathan Brown was under 150k. Bad mistake. Everyone else grabbed another Collingwood rookie at 102k who hadn’t been sighted in preseason but was named round 1. Can’t remember his name, but I think he was delisted this year. Brown trickled along to make 80k and I was behind the 8 ball from the getgo. Reminded me that if rookies are picked round 1, their job security might be better than we think.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 19/03/2019 at 21:17

Cmon Patch.
There has definately been some thought put into this team.

If you want to see some teams lacking the thought process check of out some of the expetts at the HS.

Not bad at all

But billings (insert shudder) 😡

Russty_ · 19/03/2019 at 21:39

Hey Trig, Al Paton's is pretty good although quite cookie cutter, not that there's anything wrong with that.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 19/03/2019 at 21:57

Al gave me a bell the other day.

Gave him some sage like advice and some pointers. 😜

Russty_ · 19/03/2019 at 23:01

His Team is kinda like mine, but with Macrae and Grundy in it, maybe I should just copy his, or is it yours? haha

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 19/03/2019 at 23:23

well mccrae and grundy are part of the 7

Luke · 19/03/2019 at 22:11

DEF: Williams, Smith, Moore, Collins, Clark, Duursma (Hore, Joyce)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters (Constable, Scott, Atkins)

RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Billings, Setterfield, Drew (Parker, Burgess)

20.1k in the bank
Thoughts? Did I go to thin in the defence?

magic mullet · 19/03/2019 at 22:11

Def: hurn, Williams, b Smith, scrimshaw, duursma, Clark (burgess, hore)
Mid: MacRae, cripps, Treloar, cogs, rocky, Walsh, butters, constable (Atkins, Scott, gibbons)
Ruck: gawn, Grundy, (bines)
Fwd: danger, Heeney, t kelly, Robinson, Setterfield, drew (petrucelle, parker)

117k in the bank if rocky or someone else fails

Dermin8r · 19/03/2019 at 22:23

Well Patch, it seems like my team and I have reached that time of year again, where we stare at each other for long periods, loving and loathing each other. Me finding flaws and faults, and it daring me, goading me to make a late change and go against my gut feeling and all of the research I have done over the past several weeks…I hate this time of year before the season starts and we have real form to judge the players on…
My team is as follows (at least right this minute…)
DEF: Laird, Hurn, Shaw, Z. Williams, J Clarke, X Duursma (Hore, Joyce – you practically dared me to pick him in the recent podcast)
MID: Cripps, Neale, Coniglio, MacRae, JOM*,Fiorini**, Butters, Bewley (Constable, Scott, Gibbons) *I keep thinking I should upgrade him but my gut tells me that this will be the year he becomes the player that Hawthorn traded for him to be. **I've been swapping between Fiorini & Taranto for this slot, it was Taranto the last few days, just swapped today).
RUCK: Goldstein, Mumford, Clarke (Mumford, since League doesn't start until Rnd3)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Drew, Petruccelli (Burgess, Parker)

Please feel free to share your thoughts, this will be my 3rd SC season, and I'm trying to grasp the intricacies of the various strategies better each year. Thanks in advance!

DavidC · 20/03/2019 at 08:45

Clarke won't play unless Belle goes down and Mumford is injury prone and will miss some games. You're going to be feasting on donuts.

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:48

I can't in any good faith endorse The Mummy mate, even with him missing rounds one and two he'll be managed and rested through the year and is a hard pass. Fiorini's brave as balls and I'd go Taranto if anyone at that price. He won't be a top 10 mid and won't make enough cash, so as a starting option I don't see it, but if you do then back yourself.

Dermin8r · 22/03/2019 at 18:50

Thanks Patch, I slept on it and after further consideration, this is the team I went into Round 1 with yesterday.
      DEF: Hurn, W. Milera, Z. Williams, B, Smith, S. Collins, J Clarke, (X Duursma, Hore)
      MID: Cripps, Coniglio, L. Neale, S. Gonigliog! JOM, Taranto, Fiorini, Butters, (Constable, Atkins, Gibbons)
      RUCK: Goldstein, T. English (Sweet- Loophole player))
      FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Drew, Balta (Petruccelli Burgess)
      I'm in this for fun, no ego involved, so I went with my gut which lead me to go Mid-Priced Madness and hope for a bunch of break-out seasons!
      Thanks again for your feedback (I stuck with Fiorini, I've just got a good feeling about him and JOM this year. With Titch out, THIS must be the year that JOM becomes the player the Hawks traded for) #InClarkoWeTrust

TommyC99 · 19/03/2019 at 22:50

Macrae and Billings

or

Fyfe and Dunkley?

Teddy021 · 19/03/2019 at 22:57

fyfe dunkley

Russty_ · 19/03/2019 at 23:05

Agree Teddy, Billings is a big risk in a shitey team.

TommyC99 · 19/03/2019 at 23:23

I tend to agree that option 2 is probaby safer, but not having Macrae is scary. I could downgrade Hurn – Smith, Crisp would become D1, Smith D3 and then upgrade one of Dusty/M Crouch to Macrae. Thoughts? Feel like id be going backwards with those adjustments

Teddy021 · 19/03/2019 at 23:33

I regretted not having macrae early on last year…..he was the first name in my team this year. i went a bit lighter in the backline (banking on the rooks to make cash) to go stronger in the mids.

TommyC99 · 19/03/2019 at 23:39

So you would sacrifice Hurn to go Dusy – Macrae? It would mean 4 600k+ mids. Is that too expensive?

Teddy021 · 19/03/2019 at 23:42

im assuming crisp, williams, smith? thats still a solid backline.

I've gone 4 600k mids this year 😛

TommyC99 · 20/03/2019 at 00:05

Yeah thats correct.

Feel like dusty could go off this year, but ya cant have them all i guess. Would be much easier to get him in during the season as opposed to Macrae

Dermin8r · 19/03/2019 at 23:09

Fyfe & Dunkley

COREYSC · 19/03/2019 at 23:45

Darcy Moore or Toby Greene or a rookie at F4

DavidC · 20/03/2019 at 08:37

Don't like any of those options to be honest. Tim Kelly?

COREYSC · 20/03/2019 at 08:47

I wish I could afford Tim Kelly
      Running with Dangerfield, Heeney and dunkley with T.Greene at F4
      Midfield Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Dusty, M.Crouch
      Grundy Gawn in the ruck
      Defence Lloyd, Williams and B.Smith

Clarky · 20/03/2019 at 00:24

Hey fellas, so got a dilemma here, would love your thoughts and opinions as to what i should be going with.

1. Macrae and Smith

2. Dusty/M Crouch and Hurn

So option 2 gives me an extra keeper, but option 1 means i don't have to find a way to get Macrae in later. I feel like both Dusty and Crouch will have a huge year, in particular Dusty.

Banga · 20/03/2019 at 00:25

Which 2 out of Fyfe, Dusty and Matt Crouch?

COREYSC · 20/03/2019 at 08:37

Dusty and M.Crouch I’ll look to grab Fyfe later on once he doesn’t have injury trouble or concerns clouding his game

Dermin8r · 22/03/2019 at 18:58

Fyfe and Dusty, M. Crouch will be injured throughout the season and miss games, probably plays 2 games per month unless he gets a season ending injury.

Gaz · 20/03/2019 at 00:30

thoughts on luke bruest at F3?

magic mullet · 20/03/2019 at 09:19

I'm considering him, didn't have the best JLT game and still cracked a ton so looks alright

Dermin8r · 22/03/2019 at 18:59

Nope, career year last year, won't replicate that in a weaker side, even with the best coach in the game, I doubt my beloved Hawks will bother the 8 this year, scoring will be down.

Erik · 20/03/2019 at 01:56

Why is Brodie Smith a better pick than Pearce Hanley when he is 36k more expensive.
Hanley would likely appreciate in value more, and based on previous seasons, If both are fit and healthy, Hanley would likely average more and possess a higher ceiling.
Smith dominated the JLT, but Hanley looked good also albeit in limited playing time.
Obviously I'm in the minority based on ownership %'s.
Wouldn't take the risk of picking either, but would have Hanley over Smith.

Erik · 20/03/2019 at 01:57

just food for thought

Ja191 · 20/03/2019 at 18:26

Because hanley is held together by a tooth pick

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:44

Don't tempt me Erik. If Hanley lights it up I'll consider him, but he's too injury prone for my liking. He also has the unfortunate disadvantage of playing for Gold Coast.

Northerner · 20/03/2019 at 06:43

Am I correct in my understanding that we have only one hour from team drop on Thursday till game starting that night? With rookies on extended benches on Sat and Sunday games it will be to Gibbons or not to Gibbons as a big call to make in that hour.

Sharkmove_King · 20/03/2019 at 10:02

Correct. There will be alot of traffic too which may cause connection issues. I'm locking him.in or out before teams

Bobby · 20/03/2019 at 07:56

Last decision community!!!
Williams and Dunkley or Crisp and Billinga

COREYSC · 20/03/2019 at 08:38

Willians and Dunkley

Dermin8r · 22/03/2019 at 19:01

William and Dunkley

magic mullet · 20/03/2019 at 08:54

I have Macrae, cripps and cogs, who should be next uber premo mid be:

treloar, Neale, Oliver or Fyfe

TBone_9 · 20/03/2019 at 11:27

Oliver or Neale mate. I love Oliver myself, but Neale is consistent and durable as anything. Can’t go wrong mullet

Dermin8r · 22/03/2019 at 19:02

Macrae will drop in price, my preference (opinion only) in oder is: Fyfe is life, Neale has a good young group of mid-fielders around him to feed, Oliver would be my 3rd choice due to the 2 shoulder surgeries in the off season, but he is an absolute gun.

GOODO71 · 20/03/2019 at 12:50

Nice work Patch. I wish you good luck for the season ahead.

Version 38 of my team is complete. Hopefully all my rookies get named and I don't have to make any more changes. Thought anyone?

DEF : Lloyd, Andrews, Williams, Moore, Clark, Duursma (Scrimshaw, Hore)
MID : Cripps, Oliver, Cogs, Crouch, Steele, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)
RUC : Grundy, Gawn (Sweet)
FWD : Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Burgess, Petruccelle)

Less thank $5k in the bank (which I don't love), but that's what I'm going with

johnno2908 · 20/03/2019 at 13:13

Nice team patch. Exactly the same as my team on Monday pretty much except swap Coniglio for Neale and Collins to cheaper rookie. I just couldn’t bring myself to start Smith and Billings. Brodie Smith has never averaged 95 in his career, in 8 seasons.

The intro to the pod this week however, has really made me want to get Coniglio in my team!

Version I don’t know of my team, feel free to rip the sh#t out of it:
DEF: Laird, Hurn, Williams, Clark, Duursma, Hore (McKay, Burgess)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, M Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Bewley, Scott, Gibbons)
RUCK: Grundy, Gawn (Bines)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Lycett(could be Billings), Moore, Setterfield, Petruccelle (Parker, Drew).

I reckon Lycett could have a big year, but I thought the same about Rory Lobb last year

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:46

That pod intro song, Johnno… that damn intro.

Lycett's one I'm really not sure on… without Ryder in the team he's an excellent choice, but with Ryder I'm just not sold. I won't tell you not to pick him, though!

G.C. · 20/03/2019 at 14:39

Good stuff Patch, you're a far braver man than I with that team. Week before round 1 is always a mad time of year.

I'd love some feedback on my team if anyone's willing. $12,000 left in the bank which isn't great, but we'll see with the rookies.

DEF: Burn, Crisp, Williams, Collins, Clark, Duursma (Hore, Burgess)
MID: Macrae, Cripps, Oliver, Neale, M. Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (B. Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)
RUC: Grundy, Goldstien (Bines)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, Boak, Greene, Setterfield, Drew (Petruccelle, Parker)

Best of luck for the season community.

GOODO71 · 20/03/2019 at 14:41

I know it's a typo, but I love the fact that your number #1 Premo Defender is named "BURN"

I've picked that bloke every f*cking year that I've played Supercoach. Not always the same person, but guaranteed BURN has been somewhere in my team every season

G.C. · 20/03/2019 at 14:56

Haha, good pickup there. That's what I get for typing up that mess on my phone! That should be Hurn, not burn. I'd say I'm not too worried about feeling the Burn from Hurn, but nothing's ever certain…

Tommy · 20/03/2019 at 15:47

Brave man who's willing to go with Billings again!

Would love some feedback on this team, 72.9k in the bank

Def: Lloyd, Crisp, Williams, Collins, Duursma, Hore (Scrimshaw, Clarke)
Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe, M Crouch, Brayshaw, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Atkins, Gibbons, Scott)
Ruck: Grundy, Gawn, Bines
Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Boak, Setterfield, Burgess, Drew (Parker, Petruccelle)

Patch · 20/03/2019 at 22:44

I never had him last year Tommy!

I don't trust Boak, I'm not convinced he's locked away in their midfield, but I can't fault the rest of that side!

JR_Damo · 20/03/2019 at 18:51

Come join me and Lek on Twitch as we talk about SuperCoach and random footy stuff!

twitch.tv/lekdoggames

Derek · 20/03/2019 at 21:18

Patch….Merrett?

campbell · 20/03/2019 at 22:54

Liberatore or greene?

The Rocks · 21/03/2019 at 14:56

Jack Billings couldn't be any worse? And if not worse, could only be better? Stevens still missing, logical replacement making the most underpriced FWD, Jack Billings