MattyB’s Essential Supercoach Team Picker v2.0

Filed in Supercoach by on 12/03/2019 • views: 5567

This is something, folks. Every stat. Every score. Every time on ground percentage. Heck, if a player’s breathed during the JLT series, MattyB’s recorded it as a statistic.

He’s released his version 2.0 of the his team picker and this is ESSENTIAL reading, viewing, utilising and anything and everything else.

Instructions are in the document and remember to use the tabs down the bottom to flick around to where you need to go.

Click through to download MattyB’s team picker HERE.

EDIT: “From MattyB It’s a version of the Team Picker without the autofill macros. Seems like a few people are having problems with that aspect, so this might make it easier for them.”

Download that version HERE.

You can download the file without a dropbox account, too.

1. Lazza says:

Uhmm, not sure if it is intended, but the Download requires me to open a Drop box account…

• JEL says:

At the bottom of the registration popup it lets you click through without creating an account, then Download from the top right.

• MattyB_76 says:

Yep, as Jel says, you should be able to download it without signing up to Dropbox. I just figured this was a better way to distribute it, as knowing me I'm likely to have made a mistake and I can fix it quickly this way. 🙂

2. JEL says:

Love a good spreadsheet, and this is a cracker. Well done MattyB.

3. Rob says:

Its a great spreadsheet, but I just get errors when I try to enter players names from the drop down list in the starting team tab. Any thoughts appreciated.

• MattyB_76 says:

Let's see if I can fix this for you. What do the errors say, Rob?

• Rob says:

Doesn't seem to find the player when I enter the name. Just shows #NAME? in the index/match columns for role, price, club etc. Maybe no-one else having the same problem (I also tried your no macro with similar results). Might try and fix it myself, I have a little excel knowledge. Still an awesome spreadsheet though. 🙂

• MattyB_76 says:

Very weird. There is Data Validation on those cells which is linked to the same list that is used as the Lookup list. That shouldn't be able to happen.

Which player was it?

• Rob says:

Matty, yes it did seem strange coz it looks fine, however I've done a fix. Seems my version was putting the text _xlfn.IFNA before each index statement, and some inverted commas at the end. When I got rid of these bits, it now works. Thanks for replying. All the best.

• MattyB_76 says:

Ok, IFNA is an Excel 2013 formula. I was only thinking about Index and Match.

I'm going to fix all these up right now.

Thanks Rob. 🙂

4. Great fact hunt says:

Mattyb this is s&$t hot. You are a gun. Thanks heaps for your effort it is a great help. May the supercoach gods be with you.

5. GrizzLeigh's says:

Is this supported on Mac? I'm running up to date Excel and having issues, saying it contains content that this version of Excel doesnt support, and only able to open read only. I do that and when i click to add players it sends me into Microsoft visual basic saying Compile Error: Method or data member not found.

• MattyB_76 says:

Mac version issues? I'll be completely honest and say I've never dealt with compatibility issues between PC and Mac versions of Excel.

This was built on Excel 2013. What version is your Mac running, Grizz? I'll see if I can find a way to test it at my end on a Mac.

• GrizzLeigh's says:

Looks like i'm running version16.22 mate. I'm a noob with Excel so no idea if it's a compatibility issue, was just my first thought haha.

Thanks legend!

• MattyB_76 says:

Just thinking about it, I'll make a version without the Visual Basic macros, just the data and formulas. That should make things run a bit smoother.

Should still work the same, but you'll need to scroll through a list rather than type and have it auto fill half the name. I'll post a link here.

6. Herb says:

Hey Matty B, great spreadsheet, all the stats at a glance , time for me to procrastinate.

7. Doc says:

Cheers MattyB, been waiting for this one!

8. Sam says:

Love the spread sheet, you legend!
    just a quick question, would you happen to know how to update it so when looking at JLT stats you only see each players name once per row and totals and averages are summed together.
    thanks mate.

• MattyB_76 says:

Hey Sam, do you mean more like what I did with the Rookie Watch tab? I'll have a look at it tonight and add a new tab with all the players summarised. In reality, probably should have done that in the first place, and just let users filter by Rookie to get the same result as the Rookie Watch tab.

9. red says:

Great Job
    However I can't seem to get the rookies to sort from highest to lowest average
    Any tips!!

10. DANgerous says:

Long time reader, not an often poster.

This is awesome and I wanted to say thank you. Terrific stuff.

11. freeproject says:

It is nice post thanks for sharing it. It is very helpful post.