This is something, folks. Every stat. Every score. Every time on ground percentage. Heck, if a player’s breathed during the JLT series, MattyB’s recorded it as a statistic.

He’s released his version 2.0 of the his team picker and this is ESSENTIAL reading, viewing, utilising and anything and everything else.

Instructions are in the document and remember to use the tabs down the bottom to flick around to where you need to go.

Click through to download MattyB’s team picker HERE.

EDIT: “From MattyB It’s a version of the Team Picker without the autofill macros. Seems like a few people are having problems with that aspect, so this might make it easier for them.”

Download that version HERE.

You can download the file without a dropbox account, too.

Categories: Supercoach

Lazza · 12/03/2019 at 15:10

Uhmm, not sure if it is intended, but the Download requires me to open a Drop box account…

JEL · 12/03/2019 at 15:35

At the bottom of the registration popup it lets you click through without creating an account, then Download from the top right.

MattyB_76 · 12/03/2019 at 17:03

Yep, as Jel says, you should be able to download it without signing up to Dropbox. I just figured this was a better way to distribute it, as knowing me I'm likely to have made a mistake and I can fix it quickly this way. ๐Ÿ™‚

JEL · 12/03/2019 at 15:44

Love a good spreadsheet, and this is a cracker. Well done MattyB.

Rob · 12/03/2019 at 16:33

Its a great spreadsheet, but I just get errors when I try to enter players names from the drop down list in the starting team tab. Any thoughts appreciated.

MattyB_76 · 12/03/2019 at 17:04

Let's see if I can fix this for you. What do the errors say, Rob?

Rob · 13/03/2019 at 11:12

Doesn't seem to find the player when I enter the name. Just shows #NAME? in the index/match columns for role, price, club etc. Maybe no-one else having the same problem (I also tried your no macro with similar results). Might try and fix it myself, I have a little excel knowledge. Still an awesome spreadsheet though. ๐Ÿ™‚

MattyB_76 · 13/03/2019 at 11:16

Very weird. There is Data Validation on those cells which is linked to the same list that is used as the Lookup list. That shouldn't be able to happen.

Which player was it?

Rob · 13/03/2019 at 11:26

Matty, yes it did seem strange coz it looks fine, however I've done a fix. Seems my version was putting the text _xlfn.IFNA before each index statement, and some inverted commas at the end. When I got rid of these bits, it now works. Thanks for replying. All the best.

MattyB_76 · 13/03/2019 at 11:31

Ok, IFNA is an Excel 2013 formula. I was only thinking about Index and Match.

I'm going to fix all these up right now.

Thanks Rob. ๐Ÿ™‚

Great fact hunt · 12/03/2019 at 16:39

Mattyb this is s&$t hot. You are a gun. Thanks heaps for your effort it is a great help. May the supercoach gods be with you.

GrizzLeigh's · 12/03/2019 at 17:00

Is this supported on Mac? I'm running up to date Excel and having issues, saying it contains content that this version of Excel doesnt support, and only able to open read only. I do that and when i click to add players it sends me into Microsoft visual basic saying Compile Error: Method or data member not found.

MattyB_76 · 12/03/2019 at 17:06

Mac version issues? I'll be completely honest and say I've never dealt with compatibility issues between PC and Mac versions of Excel.

This was built on Excel 2013. What version is your Mac running, Grizz? I'll see if I can find a way to test it at my end on a Mac.

GrizzLeigh's · 12/03/2019 at 17:28

Looks like i'm running version16.22 mate. I'm a noob with Excel so no idea if it's a compatibility issue, was just my first thought haha.

Thanks legend!

MattyB_76 · 12/03/2019 at 17:35

Just thinking about it, I'll make a version without the Visual Basic macros, just the data and formulas. That should make things run a bit smoother.

Should still work the same, but you'll need to scroll through a list rather than type and have it auto fill half the name. I'll post a link here.

GrizzLeigh's · 12/03/2019 at 17:39

Got no issues scrolling mate! That would be awesome, you're a bloody champ!

Herb · 12/03/2019 at 17:27

Hey Matty B, great spreadsheet, all the stats at a glance , time for me to procrastinate.

Doc · 12/03/2019 at 19:49

Cheers MattyB, been waiting for this one!

Sam · 12/03/2019 at 19:55

Love the spread sheet, you legend!
just a quick question, would you happen to know how to update it so when looking at JLT stats you only see each players name once per row and totals and averages are summed together.
thanks mate.

MattyB_76 · 12/03/2019 at 20:36

Hey Sam, do you mean more like what I did with the Rookie Watch tab? I'll have a look at it tonight and add a new tab with all the players summarised. In reality, probably should have done that in the first place, and just let users filter by Rookie to get the same result as the Rookie Watch tab.

red · 14/03/2019 at 08:26

Great Job
However I can't seem to get the rookies to sort from highest to lowest average
Any tips!!

DANgerous · 16/03/2019 at 08:21

Long time reader, not an often poster.

This is awesome and I wanted to say thank you. Terrific stuff.

freeproject · 20/03/2019 at 05:21

It is nice post thanks for sharing it. It is very helpful post.

Download Apps · 01/06/2019 at 06:04

Good post

allmobitools · 09/07/2019 at 03:13

Awesome post admin thanks for sharing.