MattyB’s Essential Supercoach Team Picker

Filed in Supercoach by on 06/03/2019 • views: 5440

Hi JR Community.

Iโ€™ve developed this SC Team Picker to assist you with getting your team right from the first bounce. I know many of you will have been doing SC homework since January, but hopefully there is still something in this for you. For those who are just starting, this tool will provide a good understanding of a playerโ€™s recent history with a minimum of work.

This tool contains prices, SC stats (price and points) for 4 years, and detailed JLT 19 stats. I will provide an updated model once the 2nd round of JLT games is complete.

There are instructions in the spreadsheet, head down to the tabs at the bottom and click ‘instructions’.

Iโ€™m pretty new to Supercoach, so if you have any feedback on this picker, any tips or ways to make the analysis more useful, please hit me up in the comments or on Twitter. If I am able, I will include your suggestions in the next version.

Cheers,
MattyB

1. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Looks pretty impressive Matty – do we have a budding young ocker on our hands?

one small glitch when you select the player from the drop down lists in your starting team under name – the spreadsheet errors in the other connected cells.

sure it is an easy fix. ๐Ÿ™‚

• MattyB_76 says:

Hey TriggaHappy, I hope I can fill Higgo's or Ocker's shoes.

Your error sounds strange, as the drop down list should have the same names as the lookup list which connects to the other cells. Can you tell me which player it was, or was it all players?

• Lekdog says:

We'll get the big man to look into it for version 2 next week!

• MattyB_76 says:

Trigga, that sounds weird.

The list from the dropdown should be the same at the lookup list. Is it one particular player, or all of them?

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

All players

Is it just me or are others having the problem?

Select a player and errors from lookup.

• MattyB_76 says:

I think it may just be you. ๐Ÿ˜‰ If you're on Twitter look me up (@MattyB_76) and I'll see if I can help.

I can't imagine it's an Excel version issue, the formulas are all pretty standard, nothing is locked or protected.

Is anyone else having this sort of problem?

• Rickaby says:

I had the same issue & suspected that it was due to using an old version of excel (MS Office 2007). I tested it using the online version of excel and it worked just fine.

2. kevwal says:

MattyB, thanks heaps for this mate. Will use this to validate(or not) selections prior to round 1.

3. Great fact hunt says:

Oh my god that is impressive effort to put that together. Be a big help for everybody. Just 1 suggestion if possible. Can you possibly add the price of player next to the jlt 2019 scores. That’s mattyb for this tool appreciate it.

• MattyB_76 says:

Hey GreatFactHunt, I threw the JLT stuff together pretty quickly so didn't really put much effort into the analysis side of it. While I'm working on it this week, I'll make sure the player list has the price next to it, and probably an expected points per $$ or something similar. Good suggestion. ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Patch says:

The fact this auto-fills Patrick Dangerfield is its best feature to be honest.

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around it, what a beautiful specimen of work

• MattyB_76 says:

I'm almost over losing Danger, Patch, but it's still a little raw. Always will be, I guess.

When I was developing this and my other models for myself last year, I may have made a macro that changed his name whenever it was displayed to something not-so-nice.

• Patch says:

It's okay son, we're all here with you through the dark times. You'll get revenge on those Cats one day

5. Papagayo says:

This is a bloody work of art! Great work MattyB

6. Dermin8r says:

Great creation! Thanks for sharing, you're a legend!

7. Ty vickery says:

Impressive stuff Matty, think you’ll be saving people a lot of time! Cheers

8. Dick Chee's Knobs says:

Patrick Bines (WC Fwd/Ruck) not showing up on drop down?

• MattyB_76 says:

DCK, you are correct. I'll add his details when I add JLT2 scores on the weekend.

Some of the Cat B rookies may have slipped through my 'process' if they were added to stats websites after I started. I might go back and recreate the data from scratch, just to be certain.

Good pick up, thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚

• MattyB_76 says:

Wow, I found 6 more players, all Rookies, that had been missed.

Don't tell anyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. The Ranger says:

Onya Matty, love ya work.
    It's things like this that keeps the Community going mate, Higgo would be proud.

10. Kevin says:

Awesome work !! This is absolute gold !!

11. SC_Donkey says:

Love it MattyB๐Ÿ‘ makes a whole lot easier for me tto see how many players I have out during the bye rounds.

Thanks mate.