Happy Ending – 2nd Week of the AFL Finals
Well week one of the final series is done and dusted and for those who were able to avoid some of the carnage are sitting pretty going into the second week of the finals.
After round 1 the leaderboard looks like:
At the other end of the ladder is poor old Kelly gang who unfortunately had Josh Kelly as captain as well as having Buddy in his team.
Finals are a different beast which basically comes down to two words:
Pressure and Execution.
Some teams had one but not both while other teams had neither which resulted in an early exit from the finals. Those teams who applied both and went harder for longer live to fight another day. Gotta bring your A game to finals or you will be found wanting.
If you don’t believe me cast you mind back to the byes as the first round of the AFL finals in the happy place is very similar to the byes where the top 18 scores count as well as a captain pick with the exception in the happy ending that you could pick the best two players from each team.
The top score was 1718 with the 5th best 1627. How many of us scored over 1627 during the byes and that was with rookies on the field!
How’s this for a list of scores from the premos who played over the weekend who had an average over 100 during the home and away season.
Jake Lloyd, Shannon Hurn, Patrick Dangerfield, Issac Heeney, Scott Pendlebury, Jack Gunston, Jarrad Roughead, Mitch Duncan,
Under 60. (Rookies scored around this or higher than this score during the year)
Sam Menegola, Jack Riewoldt, Jordan De Goey, Shane Edwards, Luke Bruest, Adam Treloar,
Josh Kelly (injured Qtr 1) – 18
Lance Franklin???? -16
Buddy played a full game and scored less than Josh Kelly who was injured in the 1st qtr.
Yep finals are a different beast.
Looking at that lot it appears if you avoided Golly Josh and Buddy Hell you were in the top 5.
Onto Week 2.
The rules for week 2 are set out below:
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
Sounds easy right? Well here are the rules.
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 4 teams playing week 2 of the finals that is 3 players from each)
- Players must be named in the supercoach positon that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Dangerfield can’t be a forward). As per spreadsheet.
- Captain selection. As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must be “C” next to their name.
- All teams must be entered in spreadsheet below before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 5).
- If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e. Kelly) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. Again this change must be posted on the JR website.
- Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the heraldsun supercoach point scoring system.
- The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
- The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
- As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:
Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
I have created a new spreadsheet for week 2 of the finals which can be found on the link below.
I have left the captain the same as everyone gets how it works. The captain for week 2 has to be from a different area of the ground to what was used week 1.
As the graph is linked to each team can you put your team in the same spot.
Gone to my happy place be back in a few …