TRIGGA’S SUPERCOACH FINALS GAME
By TRIGGA HAPPY.
Well the home and away season has been run and won. Congrats to those of you that were able to salute in the big dance and stand on the winners dias at the end of round 23.
But what about the rest of us and what now as the supercoach season has come to close or has it?
How many of us want a Happy Ending?
C’mon mind out of the gutter as this is the JR crew this can only mean one thing:
Even if you had the year from hell, want some redemption or had your best season to date you can still have a happy ending. Imagine being the best performer in the finals series, you would have the all sorts of bragging rights over the JR flock and this would surely stir the tank to get you up and about and to look towards the preseason and 2019 AFL season.
So before you hire a slasher to mow that overgrown lawn, or end up in hospital from the mild heart attack you may have when you finally got to look at the credit card statement and see what the missus had been up to during the footy season. You will have to put that on hold because if the herald sun won’t come to the party then I’m going to create my own version of Supercoach Finals.
- So without any further ado here it is. It was a lot of fun in its first year but now let’s take it up a notch this year. Here it is – my version of Supercoach finals!
Blank canvas. Start again. (Every Week)
•No salary cap! That’s right you can pick whoever you like without breaking the bank as there is no bank as long as it is within the rules as set out below.
• Can’t have the same captain each week. No vice captain.
Sounds easy right? Well here are the rules.
1. Maximum number of players from each team as set out in rule 8 below. (with 8 teams playing week 1 of the finals that is 2 players from each)
- Players must be named in the supercoach positon that they were given during the regular season (i.e. Dangerfield can’t be a forward)
- Captain selection. As there are 4 finals the captain must be selected from the 4 areas of the ground over the final series. So from a mid, fwd, back and ruck over the 4 weeks of the finals. Not necessarily in that order. It is up to each individual in what week they selected the captain in each position but must be from a different position every week. As per the rules of the regular season your captain pick will double their score each week. To select the captain there must a be a capt or “C” next to their name.
- All teams must be listed on JR site before the first bounce of the first game in each week of the finals. Teams are locked in from this time with one exception (Rule 5).
- If a player is named in the team but is late withdrawal before the first bounce of their match (i.e. Buddy) the player can be replaced before the game with a player from the same team in the same position. Again this change must be posted on the JR website.
- Supercoach points to be applied to each player selected as per the heraldsun supercoach point scoring system.
- The highest combined total of points for the players selected in a team will be deemed the winning team for the week.
- The highest total number of cumulative points from players selected weeks 1-4 in the AFL final series will be deemed the Supercoach Finals overall winner.
As the finals progress blank canvas every week. With players to be selected from participating teams as follows:
Week 1 of Finals: (From 8 Teams participating – Maximum of 2 players from each team):
•16 Players consisting of:
Week 2 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
Week 3 of Finals: (From 4 Teams participating – Maximum of 3 players from each team):
•12 Players consisting of:
Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
Depends how much interest we get on whether I put together a table of everyone’s team and results.
This may be too much work so may rely on the honesty system where you add up and keep track of your own score. Afterall if you cheat you are only cheating yourself and anyone at anytime can check to see your team total as you have posted your team on the website so big brother is always watching.
Unless someone a bit more Techy than me can think of a way to enter our teams online?
So why not have a go. It’s free and who knows you may just get the bragging rights over the rest of us.
Good luck! Gone to my happy place. Be back in a few……