Batter down the hatches, because the byes are here.

In all their fury, they’ve taken players from us. Not just the players we expected, either – your Bulldogs, Eagles, Blues and Hawks – but Nathaniel ‘Teen Wolf’ Fyfe and Jack Darling as well.

After a terrible week, we may just be in even more trouble this week, especially with our Port Adelaide and Gold Coast players SPUDDING IT RIGHT UP. ISN’T THAT RIGHT MR ROCKLIFF SIR?

Anyway, Lek and Patch unpack these things to find the good, the bad and the irrelevant – there’s quite a lot of irrelevant actually, but don’t let that deter you, because it’s 40 minutes of good old chinwags, gags and… bags… of uh, Fantasy advice.

How are you looking heading into week one of the byes?

Categories: Supercoach

DacZawson · 04/06/2018 at 22:21

It seems like I may be in the minority in saying this, but R13 is a much bigger problem for me than R14. Will struggle to field 18 next week but will have easily over 22 playing in R14.

The problem lies with the fact I still have some slightly underperforming premos in Whitfield, Taranto and Hibberd that I haven't been able to trade yet with the R13 bye; although Hibberd should pick up with Lever out.

I'm interested to hear what players everyone still has that are performing slightly below expected premo level that you ideally want to upgrade???

Patch · 04/06/2018 at 22:42

Senors Lachie Whitfield and Devon Smith would be flicked/relegated to the bench in an ideal world, but will be dealt with last.

On top of the expected Hibberds and Billingses, Lukey Dahlhaus is one I'd expect people to look to flick this week if they've still got him.

JEL · 05/06/2018 at 00:23

Rd13 is also my biggest problem.
    I've also got Hibberd, hoping like you that Lever out will help his scoring.
    Zerrett has also been underwhelming for me.

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 00:33

Hi Dac, Dusty is one but is still averaging 105, I still have Cam Ellis Yoelman who was doing ok for me up until a couple of weeks ago and is now bleeding cash, and Devon Smith ..av 93 so also not too bad.
    Yoelman definitely goes pre round 14 for a well priced pod for me..if he's still worth anything lol

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 07:18

Same problem as you should be fine for round 14 but currently only have 16 on field round 13 including the likes of petracca hibberd Goldstein

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 08:10

Round 13 is also a little tough for me but I’m aiming make my last two upgrades that week so that I can feild a strong side. Round 14 is fine for me

Neverweaken · 05/06/2018 at 08:30

Same here. And if trade to fix R13 then R14 is stuffed. Fyfe we all have but Cogs is the annoying one.

The Ranger · 05/06/2018 at 09:31

Witherden and D.Smith will be luxury traded if the Gods allow it later.
    Got Taranto too but he was bought in with a view to him becoming my F7/M9.

nutsack · 04/06/2018 at 22:36

hey Dog of Lekk, can you please give the lyrics of what you say AND what Patchy says in the intro verbatum…im sick of singing it but not knowing the words

Patch · 04/06/2018 at 22:40

"They pick their captains
    And their rookies too
    They fight fight fight
    Pick their sides(Lek)/nose(Patch)
    (wait no)
    The Lekdog and Patchy SHOOOWWWWWWW

hahaha oh dear"

Single available on iTunes and Spotify, just search "the worst podcast introduction of all time".

nutsack · 04/06/2018 at 22:47

YESSSS thank you Patchy

nutsack · 04/06/2018 at 22:50

ohhhh PS this is not the worst introduction ever :]

Patch · 05/06/2018 at 17:39

Lek and I both love it but gosh darn we know it's the blurst intro ever

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 00:00

Haha You're a funny man Patch

Lekdog · 05/06/2018 at 22:24

This is pretty much it, a masterpiece

nutsack · 07/06/2018 at 00:32

@lekdog mars-ter-pezz indeed

Ken · 04/06/2018 at 22:40

With lever out…do you think hibberd will pump out scores from last year? Or at least average 90-95 from here on??

Patch · 05/06/2018 at 17:39

I'd hope so! If you've got him, cross your fingers!

Ken · 06/06/2018 at 12:16

Was looking at getting him..

PizzaSafety · 04/06/2018 at 22:40

I had my bye structure set out and looking perfect after bringing in Simpson last week. I had loaded up on R12 bye premo players and with no bench players and no rucks with that bye I would still field 20 players with that bye and would have 18+ players for R13 and R14 byes. Little did I know Nat Fyfe would get suspended, Cogs would get concussed and Murphy and Ridley would make themselves prime candidates to be dropped. Now I might only have 16 players playing whilst most people have an easy 20+ because they didn't load up on R12 players, meaning I might lose all of the advantages of my bye strategy and my ownership of McLean, Macrae, Richards, Cripps, Simpson, Titch, Sicily and Yeo is R12 hell. I might place in the bottom 5% this week and drop 20,000 places.

PizzaSafety · 04/06/2018 at 22:42

Might even be forced to trade Murphy to Mihocek 😮

Valens_FC · 05/06/2018 at 13:10

Feel your pain mate. Unfortunately in this game, long range plans can only ever be tentative at best… pretty much every time I think too far ahead in SC, I get stung. The good news is that pretty much everyone has Fyfe and Cogs is pretty high ownership.

Reckon the best time to judge the byes is when all 3 rounds are played. Ranks will heavily fluctuate over the next 3 weeks, best to not get too caught up in it. Might just have to put the hard hat on and ride this week out, resist the urge to rage trade and hopefully emerge stronger in rounds 13 and 14.

PizzaSafety · 05/06/2018 at 21:59

Yeah no doubt, just venting my frustration on here in a semi-serious manner. You can't control luck too much.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 04/06/2018 at 22:54

Pod on lads.
Patch top notch work on the ranking keep hunting mate

Half way – time to take stock.

Might be an opportune time to look back and answer the following queries for your team. What went right? What went wrong? Specifically:

1. Your best starting pod
2. Best trade
3. Worst trade
4. Your once over.

For me:
1. Luke Ryan
2. Billings to Mclean for $ change
3. Traded in Mutch instead of Ronke
4. Josh Kelly to Crusty Dusty – should have been Macrae.

Oh and the byes are here.
Batten down the hatches it is gonna get rough!

WTFoxtrot_58 · 05/06/2018 at 00:13

Number 4 for me too.
    Hurts thinking about it..

Rivo · 05/06/2018 at 08:09

Nice one Trig. Nothing too extreme my end…

1. Cogs – but everyone got him didn’t they?
    2. Maybe NicNat to Grundy
    3. Doedee to Duman
    4. Holman to Zerrett, should have been Macrae.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 05/06/2018 at 11:36

Yeah dont think cogs was a pod but been good
      Grundy nice work
      Yeah doodee keeps hurting those including moi who traded him
      Macrae dammitt macrae.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 12:00

1 McLean
    2 Zerrett to Oliver
    3 Hibberd to Witherden (crap to crap)
    4 Maybe Kruser to Grundy early on but Stef has been decent

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 05/06/2018 at 12:04

Nice one wow.

Do u still have witherden?
      How has he been going? He was someone i was considering eatly but went Ryan

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 12:12

Yeah I brought him in and he's done nothing lol. Not taking many kick ins.
        His tog has gone way down too, not sure if that was the eagles inclusion or an injury. Will most likely dump him next week unless he produces a big score this week.

Valens_FC · 05/06/2018 at 13:14

Sounds like you're going to continue being aggressive on the trades Wow? I think I remember you saying somewhere in the past that you want to keep 7 trades back for injuries. That still the plan? Only ask because bringing Witherden in relatively cheap and punting him soon after seems counter to most of what you say on here.

For what it's worth does look like he may be playing hurt, in which case the bye will hopefully sort him out.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 13:23

I'll still have 7 maybe 6 for injuries so should be fine. Yeah I'll have to see how he goes this week but his role has been a little different as of late so I can't see much point in keeping him if it continues.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 12:09

Ryan.
    Zorko to Oliver
    Crouch to Gibbs.
    Traded in heeney instead of Macrae the week of his 189.

TheGreatBozza · 05/06/2018 at 12:13

1. McLean
    2. Kreuzer to Grundy
    3. Luke Ryan to Billings pre R1 lockout
    4. Passing on Macrae three times

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 12:31

1.Sicily or Cripps (are they pods?)
    2.Macrae in before he went nuts
    3.1st trade: Naughton to Ryan (Ryan inj next game)
    4.Finlayson to Howe (58 then inj) should have been Lloyd, McDonald or Ryan

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 12:33

Bit confusing. 3. Is Ryan (WCE) 4. Is Ryan (FREO)

Valens_FC · 05/06/2018 at 13:21

1. McLean and Luke Ryan, can't split it
    2. Punting Finlayson and Murray just before they were dropped, felt like it left me a week or two ahead of most on upgrades.
    3. Menegola to Fisher round 3 – did it purely because I had nothing else to do and felt the general need to do a corrective trade… Sam went 129,128, 121 the next 3 games. Nailed it.
    4. Injured Sloane to Dusty instead of Macrae…. traded out of fear of not having a high ownership player instead of having the guts to go for what was a relative POD at the time.

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 14:05

1.mclean
    2. hibbered to simpson round 2
    3. Zorko to Gibbs instead of MacRae
    4. starting with Stef martin instead of grundy

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 14:30

1. Lycett. Didn’t expect much, but he done good. Close second has been Shaw averaged 93 will take that

2. Lobb to Coniglio. Was in and out of pre-season team on a daily basis. Was happy to get him before price rise.

3. Mills to McGrath. I don’t know how to explain it

4. Started Billings instead of McClean. Everyone was talking about him and I didn’t even know who he was and what he even looked like. Should have done my research.

Top 100 is still my goal, but 900 points is a very big number. Maybe I’ll just finish top 100 in NSW 😉

BrownlowBoy · 05/06/2018 at 14:32

1. Oliver
    2. Haven't made a good trade.
    3. TK to Smith
    4. Starting Hibberd and Billings instead of Simpson and McLean

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 15:09

Hey Trig

Best starting pod – Luke Ryan
    Best trade – Billings (493k) to Hogan (437k)
    Worst trade – David Armitage, 3 mediocre games and then dropped.
    My once over – If I'd started Cogs instead of Whitfield, I wouldn't have traded Whitfield to Dusty for 656K

redherringfc · 05/06/2018 at 16:55

1. Luke Ryan, but come seasons end hopefully I’ll be saying Kreuzer.
    2. Mclean for ??
    3. Zorko out the week he bottomed out at $400k to see him knock out a 170 and then continue on.
    4. I would love to have started Menegola over Billings.

Patch · 05/06/2018 at 17:40

Cheers mate!

1. Macrae, obviously, as Lek continues to point out.
    2. Jezza Cameron to Robbie Gray in round five
    3. Kruez to Big Stef instead of Grundy
    4. Whitfield. Over. Cripps. What was I thinking???

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 21:28

1. Kreuz/Greene/Crouch. Oh best pod?..Umm.
    2. Billings to Menagola.
    3. Doedee out still have Finlayson.
    4. My whole team.

Lekdog · 05/06/2018 at 22:25

See a Herald Sun article this week for my answers, they asked basically these questions exactly 🙂

Clayton Oliver my best starting pod though

Lazza · 05/06/2018 at 22:51

1. Ryan and/or McLean
    2. Banfield to Macrae
    3. Zerrett
    4. Zorko to Zerret

Jambo · 07/06/2018 at 10:31

1. Jeremy McGovern
    2. Bonner to Jimmy Webster in Rd 7
    3. Fritsch to Kent (DO’oh!)
    4. Starting Jack Billy bin instead of Hogan

Despite all of this, being in the top 3% at halfway point is something I can be proud of.

TIGESB2B · 04/06/2018 at 23:29

My worst season ever.
1. None good. Worst starters: Greene, McGrath, Burton, Dixon and Hibberd. Resigned to keeping Dixon and Hibberd and hoping they'll turn it around;
2. Dow to Holman; Sandi to Grundy;
3. J Graham to Rocky;
4. J Graham to Rocky;

Matt · 04/06/2018 at 23:36

Hey Lek and Patch thoughts on my planned trades for the byes?

Round 12 –
Dow – Angus Brayshaw (Will swing back in round 15)
Spargo – JJK
Murphy – Heron

Round 13 –
Fritsch – Ahern
Guelfi – Sicily (will swing back in round 14)

Round 14 –
Rice – Mihocek
Ronke – McDonald

Will leave me 8 trades left and a full premium side, and I will field 22 this week, 20 in round 13 and 19 in round 14!

Help would be greatly appreciated!😁

nutsack · 05/06/2018 at 00:34

damn…you planned well…. do it boss….if you got the sack, go full poker style and drop the nuts!

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 07:57

Looks good mate, Jjk has the bye this week though and Spargo plays so could you do that in rd 13?

Matt · 05/06/2018 at 09:21

Spargo is going to be sitting at F8, so I won’t get his points anyways, and I have a pretty good feeling he’ll get dropped, regardless I’ll be fielding a full 22

Blakey · 05/06/2018 at 11:51

is jjk one of your premos???

Blakey · 05/06/2018 at 11:52

is JJK a Premo

Blakey · 05/06/2018 at 11:53

why get him in on his bye

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 12:22

Pro's of getting JJK now: You will still have 3 trades next week in case you need them

Cons of getting JJK now: the small chance he injures himself playing with his dog on his week off

He has already said that Spargo isn't in his 22 this week, and there's not much coin to make off him in 1 week anyway

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 12:24

Another con: you could loophole Spargo this week

Matt · 05/06/2018 at 12:07

F7

Home · 05/06/2018 at 11:54

who is ur ruck

Matt · 05/06/2018 at 12:08

Gawn and Grundy

Patch · 05/06/2018 at 17:42

Not much gets me more aroused than a well planned bye trading strategy and BY GUM that's a good one. As has been pointed out, you may as well wait on JJK on the off chance he goes an ACL at training next week, always better to wait if you can in my experience.

LOVE seeing Brayshaw in there, and Tommy McD is a very nice POD. Like it mate!

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 00:18

Mitch Robbo has a broken Toe and will miss at least 2 weeks….could be right for round 14…and no price rise.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 11:46

Ouch. That'll hurt Gator.

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 23:23

According to AFL.com.au, he's out for 3 weeks now.

NoLanguage · 05/06/2018 at 00:29

Guys who to punt this week for Austin – Richards or Mirra?
Feel as though Richards JS is better but Mirra still has a negative break even…
I also have Keeffe but he’s acting as a swing with Sicily.

Thoughts?

Redpill5 · 05/06/2018 at 10:05

Austin. Lowest be, highest ceiling and will make you the most $

Redpill5 · 05/06/2018 at 10:06

Sorry Just re-read your post. Richards

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 12:19

I'd trade Mirra. You need warm bodies during the byes and Richards is

NoLanguage · 05/06/2018 at 18:50

1-1 all! Anyone wanna split the difference on this one?

iLoveNMFC · 06/06/2018 at 10:36

Mirra 🙂

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 08:03

I remember earlier in the year when Lewis was out of the side people expected Hibberd to lift, I was one of them. However nothing changed, I’m not so sure it will with Leaver out. I don’t think Leaver was taking kick ins, and wasn’t looked as the go to man out of defense, these roles still seem to belong to Lewis and Vince. It’s my opinion that he will stay consistenty avergae for the rest of the year and should be looked at being moved on in rd 13

NEIL demons delight · 05/06/2018 at 08:13

Spot on Wow though Jetta plays a dominate role down back with his accurate kicking . Hibbert will come good but not for s c .Move him on NDD

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 08:15

True add Jetta to that list. Hibberd is 4th in line for kicki ns and use of half back

DacZawson · 05/06/2018 at 09:02

The source of my hope is that if Melbourne continues with their defensive structure without Lever, Hibberd is the most likely man to take over the 'floater' intercept marking role; given Jetta is too small and Frost or Oscar McDonald aren't damaging enough with their disposal.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 09:11

I'm not sure he is the most likely tbh, hopefully for those that have kept him. I'd see frost or mcdonald doing it and handing it off to the damaging players

Lekdog · 05/06/2018 at 22:26

Nothing wil cure Hibberd, he has caught the Colin Sylvia plague, will be punting post-bye

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:34

I'd punt him this week for Austin if I had Hibberd.

Ken · 06/06/2018 at 12:15

Thanks wow

Rivo · 05/06/2018 at 08:21

Got plenty of cover this week, 25 to pick from. Next 2 weeks 17 and 16. Have 16 trades & $100k.

Should I trade down and build a war chest or is it too early to get Gray now? Not sold on Rocky. Who are others targeting?

Rivo · 05/06/2018 at 13:15

I’m gathering the community is also challenged this week. Lek and Patch appear to be building a war chest. Anyone else?

DacZawson · 05/06/2018 at 13:19

For me I'm gonna trade fairly consistently throughout
      As in, 2 downgrades/1 upgrade then 2 upgrades/1 downgrade for first two weeks most likely

redherringfc · 05/06/2018 at 17:04

I’m going 2 up this week, with Dusty and Menegola plus 1 down to get Austin.

Next week Yeo is a definite in, maybe Simpson, but I’m kind of keen on Hurley the week after for my last back.

I’ve got stacks to choose from this week and hopefully 20 in round 13 and 14.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 17:19

Had a look at Leks team, no offence but it will be a small war chest with the rookies he has

Steeeve · 05/06/2018 at 09:02

Anyone else considering McGovern after his bye for D6?

FFC · 05/06/2018 at 09:22

looking at this option too.

seen_burns · 05/06/2018 at 15:58

I've had him since RD 1 and he's been fairly inconsistent but feel like he is getting into some form now, looks the goods after the bye.

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 16:55

mcgovern has three versions

1. crap game, around the 60s
      2. meh, alrght game, 80-95
      3. an absolute rock in defence, superb game, 120+

Florence Maxwell · 05/06/2018 at 09:31

Batter the hatches? Sounds delicious

joe · 08/06/2018 at 10:39

I'm relieved that there is someone as nerdy as me who also noticed this.

batten (v) strengthen or fasten (something) with battens.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/06/2018 at 10:04

So supercoachers, what happens to ur teams say Fyfe doesn’t get off? you have Cogs and doesnt play, does that hurt? If rookies get rested Murphy Ronke Smith Spargo ect . Im sure 1 or 2 of these things will happen. A suprise out like Howe. Got yo love these bye rds!!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 05/06/2018 at 11:32

I have all of them except ronke shakers.
    So i guess u r up that proverbial creek

We do get 3 trades but if you are missing 6 ontop of the bye players doesnt matter how good your planning is time to assume the position.

Only hope if your are playing leagues is your opponent is up the famous creek as well.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/06/2018 at 11:46

1st thing l looked at on Monday, to see who was out of the teams im playing! The only heads up l have is im the only team that doesn’t have Sicily & Mclean. All other teams l play do. But with the way im going probably wont mean much! I’ll bring in Sicily after this rd.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 10:53

My favourite part of the season. These 3 weeks seperate the men from the boys.

Goodluck. WE ARE ONE!

Cheers #66

TheGreatBozza · 05/06/2018 at 12:14

I personally love the bye rounds! Every year i've moved up in rank and stormed home (last year in my first ever cash league lost on game after the byes). This year I'm in my best rank pre byes so i'm excited.

COMMUNITY EMBRACE THE BYES!

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 12:21

Yeah nice mate. I've seen some teams ranked just inside top 100 and they are still 5 premo off being full premo so the captain choices and rookie on field decisions go a huge way. I expect to storm home like normal.

Currently in my best ranking at this stage of the year so feeling confident again.

DacZawson · 05/06/2018 at 12:30

Easily my favourite part of the season.
    Love seeing everyone's strategies, especially for those playing just for league (eg. set up team to dominate two byes and have a bad week for another)
    The way everyone uses there possible 9 trades will likely go a long way to defining their season.
    Good luck to everyone.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 13:27

Still have 18 trades. Should be able to do plenty of damage to my team over the next 3 weeks

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/06/2018 at 17:24

I have 18 aswell Derek but with only 1 trade in mind this week. How about you?

Blakey · 05/06/2018 at 11:18

Defence: R laird M hurley J Sicily E yeo J lloyd T cole
Bench: L Murphy, T Duman

Midfield:
T Mich Dusty Fyfe Cripps S coniglio Z merrett T Taranto I Heeney
Bench: D Fogarty, C Spargo, N coffield

Ruck:
M Gawn N naitnui
Bench: T english

Forwards:
T Mclean B Fritsch D Smith J Hogan B ronke M Walters
Bench: M Guelfi, T smith

top 8% and 11 trades to get 4 premo's

what should i do this week? Double down?

DavidC · 05/06/2018 at 16:08

Yep double down looks the go. Coffield out if not named, and Murphy whether he's named or not. Could just do the one trade this week as you can do 3 next week if necessary.

Josh · 05/06/2018 at 17:22

OUT
    Cole ($279,100)
    IN
    Heron ($102,400)
    OUT
    Murphy ($208,000)
    IN
    Brayshaw ($454,300)

Noah · 05/06/2018 at 11:24

Should i get Hogan or Selwood in via DPP?

Ja191 · 05/06/2018 at 11:44

i'd go hogan, selwood gonna cop the jacobs tag this week

Blakey · 05/06/2018 at 11:52

or is danger

Matt · 05/06/2018 at 12:16

If he tags danger, he’ll just drag him forward and kick 10 goals on him, so no he will not tag Danger

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 13:24

Duncan or selwood will get it

Sam_01 · 05/06/2018 at 12:22

Times like these it really hurts to have the likes of Barry, Crowden and keefe on the bench going to have to down grade one of them looking at 17 on field rnd 13-14 otherwise still have Spargo and zgl as my last rookies to upgrade
Rnd 14 out of my back 8 I’ll have rice, savage, Austin, laird and duman out hopefully one of them can make enough cash to flick by then haha

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 14:15

Barry could get a game this week. Played quite well in the the SANFL

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 14:19

Is it worth going early on Ahern this week to get some more cash for coming weeks?

Sam_01 · 05/06/2018 at 15:13

Really depends on your structures mate! Never go early if you can avoid it!

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 17:03

nothing wrong with going early, last year i picked up Greenwood the week he debuted and that paid of dividends

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 16:53

I heard somewhere that Ahern's 29 possession debut was the most for a first game player !! I don't see any problem going early on this rookie, he has DPP which could be used when he has his bye.

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 17:00

seocnd most, lids got 30

NEIL demons delight · 05/06/2018 at 14:45

How do captains and vc's work in byes NDD

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 15:01

Here ya go mate…..
    Set a Captain (and Vice Captain) as you normally would for double points. If your Captain's doubled score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, then their points will not count – you simply get your Best 18 scores only. Similarly, if your Captain's doubled-score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, you do NOT automatically receive double points from your Vice Captain – your Vice Captain only receives double points as per any other round, if your Captain does not play for any reason.

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 15:08

Good time to take safe VC scores of 120+ just in case of an injury affected captain score

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 15:18

Thanks fellas looping as normal?

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 15:22

Yeah mate and you can loop any bye player.

Josh · 05/06/2018 at 14:49

Round 12 –
Cole – Angus Brayshaw
Spargo – JJK
Murphy – Heron

thoughts

Sam_01 · 05/06/2018 at 15:17

Like the Brayshaw trade I don’t think my structures will allow me to get him in will be interesting to see how he goes and the dees go against an inform side this week! I think if he goes big this week it’s probably worth waiting out the 20k rise and spending the bit extra to see how he goes, certainly playing more mid time, anyone know if it’s just temporary while viney comes back from injury and works into form?

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 15:04

Goto love being on the inside with the giants! Certain mid is about to dominate the second half of the season. I predict 118 avg

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 15:07

Josh Kelly?
    If so holding him maybe wasn't such a bad idea plus planning to vc him this week

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 15:22

Sheil or Ward must be in there

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 15:54

Can't be Shield or Ward as they have never averaged this before and nothing could change mid year to make this happen. 100% Kelly. Source must be taken with a grain of salt. I sense an attention grab again

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 15:57

Attention you think Rex?

Since I was the one the told everyone here Kelly was struggling with OP before he missed 6 weeks……

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 16:02

Yes. I do recall you saying he would come back in on a certain week and he missed 3 more matches. I believe people hung on to him with this information, but nevermind.
            It was actually quite funny I checked your comment less than one minute after you posted and it already had 1 like. Do you like your own comments? Haha

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 16:08

FYI Rex that happens automatically when you have an actual account

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 16:15

Ok my bad Wow. I liked your comment for letting me know

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:19

Wrong Rex. Rd 8 I said he'd be back but when it's a late call or something goes wrong it's very easy for someone to pull out. Plus gws are very concervative with their players. He then came back in rd 10.

Do you recall when I said he would be out and for at least a month? He missed six matches so does not add up for me to be 3 weeks out. Sorry Rex. Nice try. Do you have anything positive to say?

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 16:50

If Josh Kelly can get OP miss 6 weeks of footy (have to assume he wouldn't be able to run during this time let train) then come back for 2 games and still go on to average 118 SC points in the 2nd half of the year he is the best player the game has ever seen. Is that positive enough?
                Sadly though the pessimist in me thinks that he either
                A) didn't have OP, or:
                B) could not possibly average that much in a season he got OP

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:55

Do yourself a favour and do some research on OP because I really don't have the time for you being a pessimistic flog. Mild and severe cases. Go Google bud.

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 17:07

Just some advice. On this site people don't always agree with each other. In a way that's the beauty of it. The community can bounce different ideas of each other and then the individual can make a choice.
                    Why everytime someone doesn't agree with you, you have to call them a flog? (Or some other childish name) It's the exact reason why people have a problem with you.
                    By the way even if Kelly has a mild case of OP, I don't believe he could then come out and average 118 SC points in the 2nd half of the year. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 17:11

Throwing out advice now? Advice is a no no according to the many in this community.

You might want to start being abit more positive around here. Your name already has a negative vibe in the short amount of time you've been here.

Matt · 07/06/2018 at 11:39

Not that it matters but I just thought I’d add that for my money Rex’s replies seem perfectly nice and respectful. While yours on the other hand don’t. So I’ve concluded that he’s probably a nice bloke but you’re definitely a dead shit who likes to blow his own trumpet about having inside knowledge at GWS.

mick · 07/06/2018 at 12:01

spot on matt

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 17:21

concervative? You have the same problem as wow or do yous.

BrownlowBoy · 05/06/2018 at 15:32

Little bit more info please!

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:03

Scans over each week Kelly has been having. MRI is said to have shown significantly less bone stress and swelling this week. Expect him to hit his straps second half of season.

Rex · 05/06/2018 at 15:50

Of course it's Josh Kelly but one would have to question the source, as Kelly was also expected to return from injury must earlier than this source suggested.

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 15:52

Gotto love being on the inside of the dees -better. Balic will be the next recruit shortly to debut. Another dpp gift Cheers NDD

Dice_real · 05/06/2018 at 16:55

Lachie Keeffe?

Patch · 05/06/2018 at 17:45

Please tell me it's Lachie Whitfield?

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 18:25

Just think Patch, next year Whitfield will be a defensive option!

Bells · 05/06/2018 at 19:53

Heater ! ? Is that you?? Explains a few things…

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 15:14

Jacob heron and aidyn Johnson viable option if named?

seen_burns · 05/06/2018 at 15:56

Heron will probably get dropped soon, and Johnson hasn't played since RD 7. Better options are Austin if you think he can stay in the saints team or go early on Ahern

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 16:06

Damn that sucks would of been useful coverage for byes considering I didn't plan for them really well

seen_burns · 05/06/2018 at 16:25

Heron also scored 34 on the weekend so there's basically no point in trading him in if he'll be scoring that low. How many playing players do you have for each bye?

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 16:45

Round 12: 23
          Round 13: 16
          Round 14: 18

seen_burns · 05/06/2018 at 17:01

Your fine mate just need to get 18 onfield each week and your good.

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 17:16

currently 2 short for round 13 only positive is I have a few more trades than most I think with 17 the negative is I have fake premos like billings petracca Goldstein and hibberd still

prizza · 05/06/2018 at 15:35

callam ward isinsome as well

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 15:47

The Great TOMMY McDONALD has signed on for 4 years. Word is they have plenty left for Sloan at the expense of a recruit,.Hope it's not Fritsch NDD

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 15:51

No need for Sloane can't even fit in Tyson!

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:25

Sloane shits all over Tyson.

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 17:30

Could be the swap NDD

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/06/2018 at 16:46

T-Mac has signed a 12 round contract with myself also

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 17:31

Lol Sloane 😂. He wont go anywhere.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 05/06/2018 at 18:24

Josh Kelly? 😁

prizza · 05/06/2018 at 16:08

Hey Neil good luck next week but beware the pies are moving from 2nd gear to third as well , should be a cracker

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 16:38

Agree prizza. The Pies are warming. The ruck dual could be the highlight of the season and one to tell the grand kids.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:41

If it's anything like Goldy v Gawn a few years ago I'll be Happy with 2 170's

neil Dees 4 premiers · 05/06/2018 at 17:28

You wont get me saying nice things about Collingwood but yes it's going to be a great game. Gawn vsGrundy and challenges all round Go Dees cheers NDD

Holty01 · 05/06/2018 at 16:41

We are still waiting on Collingwood to beat a quality opponent this year. If they beat the Dees this week then that will change. Dees are looking great. Still uncertain if Collingwood are as good as people are suggesting they are.

prizza · 05/06/2018 at 17:53

Not wanting to get in an argument holty but , both sides form is against lower ranked sides, both have beaten adelaide , thats about it, as a betting option i think the 2.40 head to head or the 9.5 points in is the bet of the round, get on.

redherringfc · 05/06/2018 at 19:02

They’re only giving Collingwood 9.5 points head start?

Might be time to reopen that betting account.

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:27

Who plays better at the G in front of massive crowd? I think some rain is forecast for weekend. Pies for me.

Roberto · 05/06/2018 at 16:12

Brayshaw or Hurley for last mid spot.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:25

Can you get Hurley as a mid? Wow.

George S · 05/06/2018 at 16:31

Did you think perhaps he can use another player DPP to manipulate either one? Or did you just arrogantly assume he was wrong??

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 16:46

Don't think it's possible to manipulate Hurley into the midfield George any way you swing it.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 16:47

George is abit aggressive…..

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 16:46

lats defensive spot, i may be crazy but brayshaw?

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 16:58

Roberto I'm assuming that you want a defender from a Round 13 bye? Could I suggest McDonald, who I would prefer before those 2?

If must be Hurley or Brayshaw, I'd say Hurley just. But I don't like how Brereton suggested he should play fwd and then on the weekend he was moved there. As a defender he should average 95+ which is enough for D6
    Brayshaw for me is playing to outside for SC. The week he had 37 touches only 5 were contested. If Demons keep blowing teams away he could average enough but just don't think that's sustainable.

Roberto · 05/06/2018 at 17:30

Sorry everyone. Naturally I meant ‘Last defensive spot’.

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 16:40

Not sure if it is true or not but Laird could be in doubt this weekend with a fractured hand!

BrownlowBoy · 05/06/2018 at 16:41

True.

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/06/2018 at 16:52

still have 18 on field but scoring power is going to be lacking hard. Fyfe, Cogs and Laird in doubt!

nutsack · 07/06/2018 at 01:34

fractured hand will be 4 weeks… he wouldnt even be able to rub one out

JugHead · 05/06/2018 at 16:44

Yep, the euphoria of probably getting Howe back in lasted about 5 minutes.

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 17:01

From a selfish point of view I'd rather have Howe than Laird. At least everyone's got Laird

Holty01 · 05/06/2018 at 17:12

Thats why i started Howe over Laird. Thought it was a POD that would set me apart from the rest. It certainly has but not in my favor.

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 16:45

laird is is out and i have four backline players out now and i am carked

Lazza · 05/06/2018 at 19:04

You only need 18 across the on-field…

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 19:25

not carked then cheers mate

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:19

Me too. Might just save trades and ride it out.

Stirlsy · 05/06/2018 at 16:48

How many Premo or semi premo players have ppl got playing this week? Not counting anyone that started as a rookie…ie Kelly Doodee ect ect

JEL · 06/06/2018 at 00:59

With Fyfe and potentially Laird & Cogs missing, less than I hoped for.
    12 premo types & up to 8 rookie, depending on who gets dropped.

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 10:46

11 genuine premiums plus Petracca and Rocky. 19 playing, but with 1 spare to loophole in both the mids and forwards.

Holty01 · 05/06/2018 at 16:48

Wow i have 1 defender playing this week. Murphy should be dropped. Was bringing in Laird this week but he is now in doubt. Thankfully all other lines are full

BrownlowBoy · 05/06/2018 at 17:05

4-6 weeks for Darling

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 17:12

Ouch! Looks like JJK is the main man again

Mystic_Mac · 05/06/2018 at 17:17

cheap as chips too!

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 17:20

Getting him at 366K and getting his 122 was a bonus! I'm guessing lots will jump on now, maybe even some of the darling owners

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 17:30

Im jumping on him next week for Billings

Mystic_Mac · 05/06/2018 at 17:41

Good pick up! Was going to grab him last week, but filled my last mid spot with Duncan. Massive POD. Happy I didn't follow the Rocky bandwagon..

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 17:42

Yep glad I also thought through the rocky selection

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/06/2018 at 18:19

yep for that reason ill be jumping on next week at the expense of murphy or duman (last upgrade along with Fritsch to Mclean or Yeo), if darling dries up JJK's scoring after coming back they should be at about the same price for a sideways anyway.

Neverweaken · 05/06/2018 at 17:35

Yes to JJK next week. Spargo goes for him Then following week Henry for Hogan.

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 17:15

Quick Fyfe poll. Will he get off with a fine or not?

I'm a yes because someone at the AFL will 'insist' he gets off.

BrownlowBoy · 05/06/2018 at 17:28

Won't get off I don't think.

Hope he does for SC though.

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 17:29

Nope. AFL is soft and they now have to be consistent with the suspensions.

Mystic_Mac · 05/06/2018 at 17:38

Not looking good.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/06/2018 at 17:53

Nope 👎

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 17:56

I've been reading the transcript and Fyfe's lawyer Tweedie made a good case for it to be downgraded to careless with past video examples of similar incidents turning out that way…hoping so anyway, fingers crossed.
    The Jury is considering the verdict right now.

KSinny · 05/06/2018 at 18:00

Let's hope so

Stirlsy · 05/06/2018 at 18:21

Yep going to long will get off with fine

Stirlsy · 05/06/2018 at 18:22

Wrong

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:15

Damn it. Well it's not that bad I guess, most have him 😕

Neverweaken · 05/06/2018 at 17:47

If Fyfe goes who will we VC before either Oliver/TMac/Gawn on Monday. For me its either Crouch or Heeney

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 17:49

Danger
    Maybe dusty, performs well at AO

Sam_01 · 05/06/2018 at 19:20

Danger into Gawn for me maybe cogs if he pulls up

seen_burns · 05/06/2018 at 19:21

Gawn v Grundy though.

Defying_Madness · 05/06/2018 at 20:56

Menegola into Walters because I have nothing

Daniel · 05/06/2018 at 18:02

Is bringing in boak and westhoff to much if I already have Robbie gray or should I get one of them and Michael walters

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:23

Boak and Westhoff are decent players. If you're playing for rank could help over byes.

SC_Sixty6 · 05/06/2018 at 18:20

Fyfe is OUT

KSinny · 05/06/2018 at 18:38

🙁

Mystic_Mac · 06/06/2018 at 09:44

Doesn't matter, everyone has him..

SC_Sixty6 · 06/06/2018 at 09:45

…… Sorry.

Jessica · 05/06/2018 at 18:43

One guy I’m playing hasn’t got Fyfe. He has a good team too. Why wouldn’t anyone get Fyfe at the start of the year?
Anyone else playing someone who doesn’t have Fyfe?
Fyfe must have been frustrated as he was having an ordinary day.

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:32

He was definitely frustrated. Pendles played the perfect shut down role. Also no spoon feeding from Ssndi made for an ordinary day at the office for Fyfe.

Tim · 06/06/2018 at 08:34

Did look like he was going for the ball. I think he was wrongly suspended, and I'm a Pies supporter.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/06/2018 at 19:09

Fyfe and Laird (Almost certain) both out next week. If Howe misses again, my backline will be a mess as Murphy will probably get dropped as well. Yeo has the bye and Mirra on the bench. Marvellous…….Think 3 trades will come in very handy. As well as Rocky and Holman to cover Fyfe's absence!! Just had to throw that in there. 😀

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:18

I read here recently.. A week is a long time in footy. For those that grabbed Rocky might just pay off sooner rather than later.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/06/2018 at 19:28

Exactly RealPod. A week is a long time in Footy. If Rocky does not tag (As he was bad at it last week against Mitchell) he should hopefully score a lot better against the Tigers. If Howe plays, which is likely now, it will offset Laird's absence. Let's see how it plays out. These byes are going to be brutal. Cant wait for the next 3 weeks.

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:34

Good luck TH, some will leap up the rankings if things pan out.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 20:10

Rocky only started tagging later in the game, around the same time Mitchell dropped off. He wasn’t doing anything before he started tagging and actually had an impact on Mitchell when he went to him. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a role with one of the Tigers midfielders. Just my opinion

Defying_Madness · 05/06/2018 at 20:54

Yeah those were my thoughts as well. Was useless until he shut down Titch

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 20:56

Titch still got 135 points so how well did he shut him down really.

Sc_Wow · 05/06/2018 at 20:56

He was on track for 160 barley moved in the last quarter

Sam_01 · 05/06/2018 at 19:19

Well can’t wait for the sc gods to strike and see the likes of duman Spargo smith to all get a rest

Defying_Madness · 05/06/2018 at 20:57

Assuming Laird and Cogs miss, that leaves me at 18. I have Murphy, Ridley, Spargo, Smith…

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 19:27

murphy to austin then next week spargo and keeffe to ahearn and mihocek

good or bad

SamuraiPizzaCat · 05/06/2018 at 22:30

Murphy to Austin good trade.
    Ahern and Mihocek both have their bye next week, they'll be good options for round 14

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:33

I wouldn't trade out Keefe if you have Sicily cause the dpp is invaluable and could even win you your final.

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 19:36

Thinking Fyfe, Cogs and Laird OUT for Phillips, Rocky and Brayshaw IN?

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 19:38

If I had 25 trades left….

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 19:38

Which I don't.

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 19:42

is cogs out for next game?

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 19:43

Maybe, got concussed.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 21:08

I think he will miss

theRealPod · 05/06/2018 at 19:43

😅 me too

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 19:47

👍

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/06/2018 at 19:57

How many trades do u have Hedski?

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 21:33

Not enough Shaker, should have 5 left for injuries after byes at full premo. Killed by injuries early so been bang bang bangin for fun.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 21:10

Everyone has Fyfe and Laird, and if you had to pick a week to miss it would be r12.

Josh · 05/06/2018 at 19:37

OUT
Cole ($279,100)
IN
Heron ($102,400)
OUT
Murphy ($208,000)
IN
Brayshaw ($454,300)

Ahmad rubas · 05/06/2018 at 19:52

thoughts on going early on brodie as bye coverage instead of heron?

Bells · 05/06/2018 at 19:58

Hogan, Buddy or Heeney for F4/5 this week?
Buddy could go large against depleted and weary Saints. Surely Hogan's BE is way lower than Heeney's?

r_calve · 05/06/2018 at 20:18

heeney is the best forward he is a must have

MEK · 05/06/2018 at 20:04

I Heeney D Smith B Fritsch J Billings B Ronke J Henry
Bench: M Guelfi, T Smith

What two trades should i do this week what trades

MEK · 05/06/2018 at 20:10

PLUS HAVE 390K IN BANK

dontblushbaby · 05/06/2018 at 20:36

FWD line needs urgent attention ,the last 3 you have on field are the ones I'd start with , anyway you can pick who like Mek with 399k have fun, good luck mate

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 21:00

Maybe don't do anything this week?…and save your trades for next week, if you can field 18 this week.

Jambo · 05/06/2018 at 20:52

I brought in James McDonald two weeks ago. Yippee!

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 20:57

Cool!…is he one of Tom's cousins?

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 21:50

Wasn't it the ex Melbourne player that retired and then come out of retirement in GWS 1st year

Jambo · 05/06/2018 at 22:17

His evil twin. He gagged Tom and left him in the basement…

Jambo · 05/06/2018 at 22:18

I meant Tom. Hahaha!

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:19

Well done mate!…wish I had done the same 2 weeks ago, had planned to then he had that injury scare that turned out to be fake news.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 21:04

Starting this Friday, we have at least one football game on per day for 8 of the next 10 days.

This is serious Supercoaching.

We only have next Tuesday for a quick recovery session, Wednesday to say hello to the family, wife and Girl-friend, before getting back into SuperCoach ready for Thursday night.

There will be late outs, there will be premos who underperform, there will be traded out rookies who tonne-up, there will be injuries, cats and dogs living together…..prepare for carnage.

Good luck everyone

dontblushbaby · 05/06/2018 at 21:15

Yep, VC & C will be crucial , no Fyfe or TMitch, Gawn v Brodie, which Cat will score the most ect ect

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 21:18

Yeah looking forward to it Derek..not!…lol, bring on round 15.

hedski · 05/06/2018 at 21:35

Gotta love Thursday night footy.

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 21:49

Haha Loved that comment Derek, I showed it to my wife…..She just doesn't get it

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:22

They never do Jack, they think a silly little game like that shouldn't take you longer than 5 minutes a week..lol

G.C. · 05/06/2018 at 21:05

Would love some feedback community:

$151k in the bank
17 Trades

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Yeo, Hurley, Savage, Doedee (Rice, Duman)
MID: Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Dusty, Cripps, Cogs, Merrett, Holman (An. Brayshaw, Spargo, Phillips)
RUC: Gawn, Nank (Olango)
FWD: McLean, Heeney, Sicily, De. Smith, Fritsch, Ti. Smith, (Guelfi, Giles-Langdon)

For this week, because of his low price and BE in the 60's, I was thinking:

Spargo/Brayshaw -> Ahern
Guelfi/ZGL -> Menegola

Doesn't leave me with much bank left, but fixes my forward line for R13 and beyond with Menegola. R14 shouldn't be an issue with the forwards, allowing me to focus on the backs. Going a round early on a rookie always sucks, but Spargo seems to be on his last legs anyway. Thoughts?

SCWars94 · 05/06/2018 at 21:08

You could always go doedee down to Austin to free up more cash. Guelfi shouldnt be tradede yet.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 22:28

Try and pick up players coming off their bye. Menagola would be a round 15 target, Ahern a round 14 pickup

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 21:13

So Fyfe gets rubbed out for intentionally striking a guy who turns out, wasn't even hurt at all, and therefore ruining the Brownlow Medal for another year, and then there's Jy Simpkin who knocked Christensen out cold, concussion and out of the game before it's barely started, and maybe won't play this week either..and Simpkin gets off with no penalty.
What's wrong with this picture?
Simpkin's clash was as 'intentional' as Fyfe's was.
Seems like an injustice to me, I think the penalty should reflect the extent of the injury and future games missed etc, that's if it is intentional, and not accidental.

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 21:45

The confusing part is that up until now I thought they did take into account the extent of the injury.
    If this has changed it would be nice for them to let the fans, players & coaches know. They need to be more transparent.

Ja191 · 05/06/2018 at 21:56

Can’t be transparent when they don’t know what they are doing themselves. They probably flip a coin to decide whether someone gets suspended or not

Gem · 05/06/2018 at 22:03

And it was a 2 weeker – what they consider pretty serious to nothing? Umm. I don't get it anymore. I hope Freo consider the appeal in the morning.

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:11

It's already over Gem, the appeal failed and Fyfe's out of this week and illegible for the Brownlow.

SCWars94 · 06/06/2018 at 14:16

This is the way the AFL is heading. No consistency, No excitement and ALL about money… so sad

Majestic Magpies · 06/06/2018 at 15:48

Starting to make footy unenjoyable. I'm a pie fan and thought there was nothing in it as it looked like he was going for the ball. They are so going over the top with this crap.

LeGOAT · 05/06/2018 at 21:26

Thoughts on these trades community?

13 Trades left

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Hurley, Sicily, J.Lloyd, Hibberd (Doedee, L.Murphy)

MID: Titch, Fyfe, Oliver, Cripps, Parker, Cogs, Rocky, Higgins (Spargo, Philips, Barry)

RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (King)

FWD: McLean, Heeney, Menegola, D.Smith, Fritsch, Guelfi (Ronke, T.Smith)

TRADES:
Hibberd -> Yeo (for by structure) AND/OR Doedee -> L.Austin (cash generation) – Leaves me with 256k in the bank

Also thoughts on Andrew Gaff? I'm thinking of finishing my midfield with him after his byes.

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 21:36

Maybe Hibberd to Austin this week and then Doedee to Yeo before round 14?

sc_damage · 06/06/2018 at 09:16

Is rocky really part of your complete midfield

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 10:41

I’ve got Rocky at M8 and I’m happy to say they are complete, for now.

Once everywhere else is complete I’ll see what to do with him. Or when he gets injured.

It is possible that sometime over the 2nd half of the season he actually does score like a genuine premium.

LeGOAT · 06/06/2018 at 20:01

Yes, unfortunately i got sucked in into trading him in last week! ARGH. I'd be happy to keep him as M8 and maybe later down the track I could trade him. Just hope he gets better.

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 10:33

I’d be holding Hibberd this week. His BE is 76 and with Lever out he may improve. And there’s no need to rush this as Yeo has his bye this week.

If Hibberd does ok then maybe swing Sicily forward to bring Yeo in next week for one of your forwards.

As for Austin, it’s not a bad trade, but what role is he going to play in your team? Your backs are complete, so besides 2 bye rounds he’s going to sit on the bench. He’ll make a lot of money, but will you end up trading him out to realise that money? It might be worth waiting for Mihocek to save the extra 55k.

LeGOAT · 06/06/2018 at 20:04

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I totally forgot about Sicily's dual position! That just opened more options for me.

Ahmad rubas · 07/06/2018 at 06:00

I'd be scared if I didn't have either dusty or danger going into sc finals maybe bring one of those guys instead of gaff

TOPHAWK1 · 05/06/2018 at 21:27

If Rory Laird misses this week, will super spud Lachlan Murphy get another game/chance?

Jack · 05/06/2018 at 21:54

I hope so. I've got him down for 35 points and it will probably be in my top 18 the way things are going.

Derek · 05/06/2018 at 22:23

They are about the same size

r_calve · 06/06/2018 at 10:34

his breakeven is 51 though

Beezneez · 06/06/2018 at 11:53

Maybe. Douglas maybe. Lynch no. Otten Cheney Keath Gallucci come into consideration. Seedsman may play halfback. Will have to wait till team annoncement which will be Friday at 5:00 CST.

Bells · 05/06/2018 at 22:14

Loving the podcast Lek and Patch. Even when you streeetch it out. Great banter.

DavidSA · 05/06/2018 at 22:16

So…
Laird all
Fyfe all (not me)
Cogs all
Howe (have him)
Out this week

Yay!

Russty_ · 05/06/2018 at 22:20

ooohrah Dave!, why you no starty with Fyfe mate?

Jono · 05/06/2018 at 22:23

Cos he’s a dill

DavidSA · 06/06/2018 at 00:51

I'm enjoying his 78 no Sandi and week off very much 🙂

SC_Sixty6 · 06/06/2018 at 09:46

What about his 160 n 140's?

DavidSA · 06/06/2018 at 10:40

Yup took a gamble and got it wrong
            Just like I took a gamble had him last year and got it wrong

Doc · 06/06/2018 at 11:56

Hey man, sorta out of the blue but what's the go with yours and wows podcast? Will it be up to save me during the byes or is it looking like a SC2019 sorta thing? Cheers

SC_Sixty6 · 06/06/2018 at 12:30

Wow notified people that house construction was abit behind schedule so studio won't be up til mid July. Might have to look at next year bud. Take some notes for your mistakes this year though.

DavidC · 06/06/2018 at 06:20

Howe likely to play.

Beezneez · 06/06/2018 at 11:48

Buckley stated this morning that Howe would probably be back this week – playing on Monday.

DavidSA · 06/06/2018 at 13:19

Some better news ty

sc_damage · 06/06/2018 at 01:47

Does this Scott Jones lad for freo get any more games I’ve got Timothy English sitting on the pine and would rather chop him for someone playing a few then the donut boy olango

Ja191 · 06/06/2018 at 06:42

Don’t think so will slot back out for sandi when he’s ready to come back

Jack · 06/06/2018 at 09:59

You could get lucky with Abbott from Geelong. He has been closing in on a debut for a while as their ruckmrn keep being beaten. Cameron from Sydney is a chance too, if Swans opt for a 2-tall fwd line again
    I've got McInnerly so in a similar position as you, a round 14 bye R3 would be perfect.

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 13:01

Forwards:
I Heeney D Smith B Fritsch J Billings B Ronke J Henry
Bench: M Guelfi, T Smith

What two trades should i do this week what trades
390K IN BANK ) AND 16TRADES LEFT

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 09:56

In order of priority for this week;

1) are there any Port or Suns players you want? They should come in this week. ie Ryder, Gray, Hoff, Lynch.

2) rookies not named this week, get rid of them. Ridley, Murphy, Barry. This is the last chance for any cash generation, dead wood needs to be cleared. Austin looks a good rookie option. I’m looking at doing at least 2 downgrades.

3) look at teams having their bye. Dogs, hawks, WCE and Carlton. What players do you want from these teams? Sicilly, Cripps, JJK, McGovern, Hurn, Pickett.

4) What R13 bye players will you get rid of to make way for your incoming r12 bye players. ie Spargo, Ridley, Rice, Hibberd. Make sure that after this weeks trades to have enough cash for next weeks trades.

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 11:03

I’d look at trading out a forward, maybe Ronke, swinging Mundy forward and bringing in Dusty. I’d also consider Murphy to Austin, but you might wait on this for Mihocek to save 55k.

Next week target Sicily or Mclean as they are 2 obvious players you don’t have, who have their bye this week. You could forgo Dusty this week and go for both these guys next week.

Trade Billings out after round 13. Since you’ve held him this long, it’s worth seeing if he goes ok against the suns.

And take into account what Derek says in his reply.

Josh · 06/06/2018 at 15:39

Upgrade forwards

JEL · 06/06/2018 at 09:25

Hibberd & Zerrett have this week to save themselves, else their time in my side is up after their bye.
Looking at Hurn & TMac as replacements.

I'm still thinking of hanging on to Tracca as M9/F7 swing man, so he may get a reprieve.

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 09:32

If Melb keep winning, he should score ok. Their games still look good

JEL · 06/06/2018 at 09:37

With Lever out, I need to see something from Hibberd.

Hibberd, Zerrett started in my team and I was looking at them as keepers.
      Tracca was a midpricer who hasn'tworked out, but may still stay as injury cover.

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 10:00

Merrett hasn’t been too bad lately. He’s not going to finish as a top 8 mid, but won’t be too far off it. It will be interesting to see how he goes with Zaharakis out.

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 12:42

Sneaky POD could be McGrath. Had two games back from injury. I expect he will get the midfield minutes with Zah out

Havin a crack · 06/06/2018 at 09:35

I’m gunna ask this question again sorry
I have a spot in my midfield saved for dusty at his cheapest which I believe is now
But his 5 round average of 88 scares the hell outa me.
I ask you all to prodict the future on a turn around of form or should I just look elsewhere?
Sc finals will be scary with out him I feel

redherringfc · 06/06/2018 at 10:18

I’ve got him in this week.

I had a look for others, but I can’t find anyone else I’d rather have (for the money).

I don’t have Macrae, Selwood, Treloar, Coniglio, Crouch, Cripps, Gaff, Parker, Neale or JPK. All are more expensive and out of that lot I’d rather have Dusty.

Who are you thinking of getting instead? If it’s Danger, Oliver, Mitchell, Fyfe or even J Kelly then maybe you could look elsewhere. If it’s Macrae, then you need to wait til he drops to a sensible price.

Lazza · 06/06/2018 at 11:38

I bought him in last week. I'm fairly certain he was carrying a bruised hip following the Melbourne game. Has been playing a reduced role – time in the middle has been 'managed'. His game against Essendon was the first time I've seen him since Melb that he was running freely and making major body contact. .. We should see more action from him over the next 8 games – Port, Syd, Gee x 2, Adel, GWS, Pies,

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 12:22

I posted this before, that Dusty had only made 2 tackles in the last 4 games.

He might be injured, but it could be a case if there are plenty of others in the team to do the tackling. As long as they are winning…..

He only needs to make a few tackles and there is 15-20 pts. Usually CD love the star players and give them a tackle for just trying

Havin a crack · 06/06/2018 at 15:12

Enough said fellas
      He’s coming in now for spargo
      It won’t be so terrifying when I look at game day match ups and I see his name anymore and I’ll just have to wear my decision for the rest of the season if I’m wrong.
      Thanks all

WolfGang · 07/06/2018 at 10:48

Dusty is not playing this week – just heard on SEN this morning – via Neil Baum

Tofa · 06/06/2018 at 12:42

so maybe silly question here…
what's the logic in trading in midrange players (like ur $300-450ish/ 80 avg types)?

i'v got only premos and rookies (who'r either fresh and new or have made some $ and r soon to be traded up or down.

can't see why u'd trade somebody in who's not either full premo or a rookie making u cash when there's only 30 trades all season. thanks for ur patience with a 2nd year coach 🙂

Jack · 06/06/2018 at 12:54

There is no logic at all Tofa and what you said is correct.
    But people will trade in a guy averaging 80, thinking that he can go on on average premium numbers from that point on. It will generally be players with proven history, who have struggled up to this point because of injury/interrupted pre season

The Ranger · 06/06/2018 at 19:06

JJK for example

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 12:54

Once the season starts I don’t think many people will trade in a mid-pricer. The only reason they would if they start to run out of cash.

The starting team you need a few midpricers. Usually because there are always a few massive underpriced players, injury resulted. Also you can’t have all premiums and starting too many rookies on your field could see some rookie scores, you still have to score points.

Ricardo · 06/06/2018 at 13:34

You should never do it. They are neither keepers nor going to make much $$

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 18:47

I brought in Touhy a few weeks ago, has been good.

I knew I will struggle with cash to get all the premiums I wanted, saw value with Touhy and brought him in. I don’t mind cheaper defenders, usually less points anyway

Blake · 06/06/2018 at 15:37

Who are must-haves this week???

Brayshaw???
Danger???
Oliver??
need 4 premos i have…

Defence: R laird M hurley J Sicily E yeo J lloyd
Midfield: T Mich Dusty Fyfe Cripps S coniglio Z merrett T Taranto M Walters
Ruck: M Gawn N naitnui
Forwards: T Mclean B Fritsch D Smith J Hogan I Heeney

as my premos and need another 4 which ones???

thinking…
round 12
Cole – Angus Brayshaw
Murphy – Heron or C Spargo to Ahern

Round 13 –
Fritsch – Gaff
Guelfi or spargo – Ahern or ????
fog – rookie

Round 14 –
Ronke – Danger or Macrae
t smith – rookie
ed phillips – Mid Premo

thoughts ????

Derek · 06/06/2018 at 18:44

Don’t get players until after their bye

Josh · 06/06/2018 at 17:14

thinking…
round 12
Cole – Angus Brayshaw
Murphy – Heron or C Spargo to Ahern

Round 13 –
Fritsch – Gaff
Guelfi or spargo – Ahern or ????
fog – rookie

Round 14 –
Ronke – Danger or Macrae
t smith – rookie
ed phillips – Mid Premo

thoughts ????

Havin a crack · 06/06/2018 at 17:59

Hahaha Nick Stevens

r_calve · 06/06/2018 at 18:19

what?

Unknown · 06/06/2018 at 18:45

ex carlton player in court.

r_calve · 06/06/2018 at 18:22

I don't get all the hype around Brayshaw, he only got 130 when he kicked 3 from 38 touches and he got 89 from 37, surely their are far better options cos this form that the dees are in wont last forever

The Ranger · 06/06/2018 at 19:07

Have you watched him play Calve?
    Decent player and finally getting a good run of games under his belt.

r_calve · 06/06/2018 at 19:21

yeah he looks good but not good enough efficiency or cont possesions i suppose it may by because of the concussion issue

Josh · 06/06/2018 at 18:45

OUT
Spargo ($238,200)
IN
Mihocek ($102,400)
OUT
Murphy ($208,000)
IN
Austin ($159,700)

r_calve · 06/06/2018 at 19:21

i like this, thinking of doing the same but Keefe instead of Spargo

Spud · 07/06/2018 at 09:53

Absolutely hate and love SC

NoLanguage · 07/06/2018 at 14:48

Dusty OUT.

The carnage continues! So much for fielding 18 🙁

Alferton · 07/06/2018 at 15:00

I’m now down to 14 possibly 15 fingers crossed. At start of the week was looking at 19.

NoLanguage · 07/06/2018 at 15:30

Yeah me too. Start of the week 21 now 17 zzz

Sam_01 · 07/06/2018 at 19:01

Well community it’s absolute carnage this week I’ve brought in some rookies to cover but I’ll still only be fielding 17 bench is full of premos
Only olango and smith clogging it up will be fielding a putrid side this week

Cpt · 07/06/2018 at 19:48

Why have the Supercoach Gods Forsaken Meeeeeeeeeeeeee (Us)?

Breath – As Bruce Lee would say "I Got This"..

> Richards (out) Austin (in) – on field
> Ridley (out) Mihocek (in) – on field
> Garlett (out) Gray (in) – on field

Rnd 12 Summary: (18 on field) – Lucky to have that.

– 4 x Def
– 6 x Mid
– 2 x Ruc
– 6 x Fwd

17 Trades Left (Rank 2900)

bloodsarmy · 08/06/2018 at 10:56

Who has better JS out of Jamaine Jones and Callum Moore?

NoLanguage · 08/06/2018 at 14:07

Laird, Cogs, Dusty = INJURED
Fyfe = SUSPENDED
Yeo, Simpson, Mitchell, Cripps, McLean, Sicily = BYE
T. Smith = DROPPED

SC Team = COOKED

Josh · 08/06/2018 at 14:25

Currently have 15 players out for the so called "easy" bye round and I'm very stuck with what trades to do
I have 109 K in the bank
Outs:
Def: Laird, Yeo, Richards, Keeffe
Mid: Fyfe, Cripps, Titch, Coniglio, Barry
Ruck: Nic Nat, Olango
Fwd: Sicily, McLean, Billings, T.Smith

If I want to field a full 18 I would need to trade out 3 of these players but apart from Billings I'm struggling to justify trading any of them

The rest of the team is:
Def: Webster, Hurley, Savage, Hibberd
Mid: Parker, Merrett, Walters, Holman, Brayshaw, Phillips
Ruck: Gawn
Fwd: Heeney, Higgins, Guelfi, Spargo

Dom · 08/06/2018 at 17:13

Joel Selwood, Robbie Gray or Justin Westhoff – who will score more between now and seasons end?

Unknown · 08/06/2018 at 18:28

Laird, ryan, yeo, slicy, simpson, doedee, ( coffield, murphy)

fyfe, mitchell,daingerfield, cripps, crouch, cogs, martin, phillips, ( holman, barry, brodie)

gawn, nic nat (cameron)

mclean, heeney, smith, fritsch, smith, ahern, ( crowden, keeffe)

need help community 13 trades and 129k in the bank

Cpt · 12/06/2018 at 00:16

My Rnd 13 Team Today: Let’s See How Many Hits Our Teams This Week?

Potentially 22 Starters – (non starters)

B: Laird, Simpson, Savage, Yep, Doedee, Austin (Keefe, Mihocek)

M: Dusty, Fyfe, Danger, Bont, Cripps, Tich, Hol-man, Phillips (Oliver, Spargo, Ahern) morning

R: Witts (Gawn, Olango)

F: Sicily, McLean, Heeney, Gray, Westhoff, Lambert (D. Smith, T. Smith)

14 Trades Left. (2800 Rank)