Let’s get straight into it, community!

SYDNEY vs CARLTON
SCG, 7.50PM

Listen here, pipsqueak. Yeah, you, Lance BLOODY Franklin. I gave you a spray on the podcast and I’m going to give you another one here. You were supposed to score 160, not 60. You weren’t even on Harris Andrews, you had Darcy flipping Gardiner for company. I mean, come on. If you don’t score 150 against the Blues on your home turf on the big stage of Friday night, I may just trade you back out in disgust. I mean are you even for real if you can’t knock out a VC score against the Blues?

Patrick Cripps goes orright, I guess. Averaging 117 for the season, and pumps out 108 against the Swans when he plays them – on a tight SCG ground the safe money would be on him exceeding that by some way. Similarly, if you’ve got Josh P Kennedy, he may be another option, but after 109 and 108 in his past two I’d put him behind other options tonight.

Similarly, if you’ve got THE KRUUUEEEEZ, it’s time to use the Kreuz. Has scores of 127 and 139 in his past three games, and a contested game will really suit his scoring.

WESTERN BULLDOGS vs MELBOURNE
Marveltihad Stadium Thing, 1.10PM

Jack Macrae had a quiet week against the Pies. He had 30 touches but only six of them were contested, and on top of that he only picked up four tackles. Will he improve against the Dees? You’d think so. Will he be tagged? Yeah look probably. Will I VC him? Yeah, nah. He’s projected to score 134, and if anyone scores from the Dogs it’s him, but I’m not feeling it.

What I am feeling though is Max Gawn. After forgetting to put him on the list last week because I’m not very smart, I ended up captaining him for a mildly disappointing 117. Under the roof at whatever they’re calling it-dome this week, he could rack up a lot of points, not just in hitouts but also running forward and around the ground against Tom Boyd/Jordan Roughead/Tim English/etc. Maybe.

HAWTHORN vs PORT ADELAIDE
University of Tasmania Stadium, 2.10PM

Midfield jet Tom Mitchell would be just about the only player I’d be looking at this week for a VC option in this game. He’s good at football. Beyond that, as I spoke about in this week’s podcast, Robbie Gray will be someone to pick and choose as a VC option and this is a week to opt out.

Tom Rockliff hasn’t proven he deserves any sort of VC opportunity, while James Sicily is too fickle for my liking – he could be an option for those of you who feel a little bit dicier with your VC selections, but his last two scores against the Power are 54 and 38.

GOLD COAST SUNS vs GEELONG CATS
Metricon Stadium, 4.35PM

After his 133 on the weekend, Patrick Dangerfield is surely on people’s lips as not just a huge trade-in target, but also as a captaincy option. 137, 114 and 133 in his past three weeks seems to indicate he is back, and I can’t see the Suns doing much to stop him. The only thing that may stop him is injury to Esava Ratugolea – make sure you keep an eye on the teams. If they bring in another midfielder, my money would be on Danger, Gay Ablett or both spending significant minutes forward. Against the Suns both could still knock out 140, but I’d be more cautious.

If both of them play forward, it could open the door for Joel Selwood to reverse his run of poor form, but I wouldn’t be holding my breath. In the same vein, I wouldn’t be looking at anyone from the Suns as a captaincy option.

ESSENDON vs RICHMOND
MCG, 7.20PM

And to think Essendon had found some form. RIP form, round eight to round 10. Dustin Martin still hasn’t exploded back into form – is this the week he does? I mean I hope not – both because Essendon will be stuffed if he fires, and I can’t fit him into my side until after his bye so I hope he stays very, very cheap.

Elsewhere in this game, Zach Merrett is an option. I don’t know if he’s a good one, so I’d be avoiding him. No-one else in this game tickles my fancy – not The Nank, not Trent Cotchin, not Michael Hurley – assuming he’s named. Pass, pass, pass.

WEST COAST vs ST KILDA
Optus Stadium, 8.10PM

If you’re one of the sneaky buggers bringing in Andrew Gaff – I wouldn’t captain him. Coming off a 135 against the Hawks, this season’s Mr Consistent has six scores between 100 and 115 and two 115+s. While that ratio excites me from a trading perspective, it does not from a captaincy one. If you’re going with an Eagle, make it Jack Darling despite his poor score last week.132, 125, 181 and 81 are his last four scores and by gum what you wouldn’t give to have three of them.

From the Saints, Jimmy Webster is your best bet but I wouldn’t be putting my captain’s armband on him.

NORTH MELBOURNE vs BRISBANE
Etihad Stadium, 1.10PM

The tale of two Daynes. Dayne Beams and Dayne Zorko: Ben Jacobs will go to one and the other will score 140. Which one is which? I don’t profess to know, but smart money would be on Zorko getting the tag and Beams getting off the chain. That said, Fyfe was incredible against Jacobs so maybe he’s not some super stopper? Or maybe Fyfe’s just… you know, really good.

COLLINGWOOD vs FREMANTLE
MCG, 3.30PM

Nathaniel Fyfe. That is all.

Well, also Brodie Grundy if Sandi doesn’t play. EDIT: Sandi is missing, Grundy could hit 300 here.

Otherwise: Fyfe. Is. Lyfe.

ADELAIDE vs GWS
Adelaide Oval, 4.40PM

This was a highly anticipated clash a few months ago, before both sides were hit by big injuries and sort of turned a bit bad. Or a lot bad. Somehow both of these teams have lost to Essendon, which tells you just how bad they are.

In terms of Supercoach options, Stephen Coniglio obviously enjoys having Josh Kelly in the side – Cogs would be the only option from this game I’d even have a look at.

Who are you going with this week, community? Who have I missed?

Categories: Supercoach

redherringfc · 30/05/2018 at 13:15

Gawn into Fyfe this week. Pretty sure it’ll be a popular combo.

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 14:31

Not sure on Fyfe without Sandi.

hadad · 30/05/2018 at 21:20

i was going the same

BrownlowBoy · 31/05/2018 at 16:25

Gawn into Grundy for those who have him.

Doc · 30/05/2018 at 13:19

I love you guys ❤️

neil demons delight · 30/05/2018 at 13:31

Got to be Gawn and Tich surely Patch well done as well mate gives us an insight cheers NDD

Beezneez · 31/05/2018 at 10:30

Think you would have to make that call before halftime of the Melbourne game.

Beezneez · 31/05/2018 at 19:43

Misunderstood. Thought you were talking about vc loophole but guess you're meaning for C. Ebert may go to Mitchell.

Ja191 · 30/05/2018 at 13:31

Thanks patch but didn’t know gaz swung that way

Johnny · 30/05/2018 at 13:36

Are Oliver owners worried with the dip in his scores? Has his role in the team changed or is he just having a lean run?

seen_burns · 30/05/2018 at 13:54

Broke his finger 2 or 3 weeks ago so that's probably still affecting him

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 18:16

Nah have a look at the stats he performed above his average last week

DavidC · 30/05/2018 at 14:04

Maybe Brayshaw moving into the mids has taken some of his points.

redherringfc · 30/05/2018 at 14:08

not concerned

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 14:13

Game time was down first week with the broken finger spent the last 10 on the bench, played well against the crows was unlucky not to ton up

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 14:34

I’m weighing up Oliver as my M8 final upgrade.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 14:36

Vs who? I think Oliver is right up there and is a solid option

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 14:59

Treloar or waiting a while on Macrae.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 15:02

All good options

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 15:12

Ordinarily I’d wait on all three due to their BE but feel Kelly needs upgrading this week.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 16:42

Yeah you have to look at the difference between the cash you will lose on Kelly and the cash the premo will fall. I’m sure it’s minimal. Then take into account the points you gain if you go early

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 17:10

Spent a fair amount of time on bench or out of the game once it was safe. Gawn did same. Very annoying.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 30/05/2018 at 17:31

Viney is getting some if his hta's and from there clearances/possessions.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 17:34

Is he though? Oliver still had 31 touches on the weekend and 10 clearences. Both higher than his season average

Finnius · 30/05/2018 at 18:03

great point wow. I think that the only reason Oliver's score wasn't higher is the fact that they had to split the scores across ALL the Dees who did well on the weekend.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 18:23

Agree Finn, reckon the Dees feasted on the available points against a lacklustre and disinterested Crows squad.
          I think Oliver will get back to scoring big again soon, his sore finger is probably still holding him back a bit from going full bore.

Demonlover84 · 30/05/2018 at 20:21

Agree, Oliver's game was a 120 normally, but the points were just spread across too many. Gus's game wass easily a 150+ instead of the 130 he got as well.

Jack · 30/05/2018 at 18:32

Nah I think if anything his dip is down to his teammates playing so well and only so many points on offer.
    Statistically he had a very good game last week, but I think he started a little slow so the weighted system of SC hurt him.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:42

First qtrs are everything in SC. Fast start means huge.

Defying_Madness · 30/05/2018 at 14:13

Gawn into Grundy for me

Seeker · 30/05/2018 at 14:16

FYI: Max Gawn has an average of 60.2 and a high of 92 against the bulldogs…For what its worth I think that changes this week

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 14:39

I think he will be on 60 at quarter time, and 92 at the half this week

DacZawson · 30/05/2018 at 16:30

Don't think anyone is likely to beat Goldy's record of 80 hitouts but Gawny might be pushing top 5 calculations this week.
      Gawn holds the 5th most in a game at 66.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:22

Hard to pass up on Gawn with the VC but this week I feel Grundy will match Gawn or better. Might go a cheeky VC in hope it's a 170+

theRealPod · 30/05/2018 at 16:52

Agree Seeker. Gawn vs nobody looks good for the bearded one.

Cpt · 30/05/2018 at 23:16

Dogs will shark Gawns hitouts all night. May contribute to lower scores.

BockChoy · 31/05/2018 at 13:44

I thought Gawn suffered a little last week with the game not being of a contested type nature. While 114 isn't bad, he did miss out on getting follow up possessions and tackles in the contest and wasn't used too much around the ground.

Ernie West · 30/05/2018 at 14:21

Quite a few do not have the Danger-Grundy combination and if so that will definately be the combo this weekend. I’ll still be tempted with Gawn against the ruckless Bulldogs.

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 14:33

We have rucks, they’re just not very good. Might even see Tom Campbell given a go this week.

Mystic_Mac · 30/05/2018 at 14:30

Franklin into Fyfe for me.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 16:44

You not have Gawn or trying something different?

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 17:24

Just C Gawn for me. No VC needed.

Mystic_Mac · 30/05/2018 at 17:31

Trying something different wow, pretty far back at the minute.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 17:32

Fair enough, franklin could go nuts. I’d be putting it on Jjk if he was playing before Gawn. Not sure who’s going to actually defend for the saints this week

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 18:35

I am so close to getting JJK this week. Go early because of the saints match up.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:39

10 goals? 180+?

Swans2012 · 30/05/2018 at 20:10

He's on my list too derek….will score 140plus at some point soon

Jack · 30/05/2018 at 14:43

Either Gawn or Macrae into Danger.

theRealPod · 30/05/2018 at 16:51

Hey Jack, I reckon they'll shut Macrae down this week. The Dees have a few options to go to him. Gawn & Danger looks solid.

neil demons delight · 30/05/2018 at 17:13

Birnie Vince will probably get him but don't be surprised if Bugg fronts him Already the Dees want to rest a couple from the Alice game which took its toll Hunt and Bugg in for mine

Ja191 · 30/05/2018 at 17:51

i reckon jones might go to him. done a job on mitchel and dusty i believe

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 17:52

Gawn and Oliver all ready had their tests. Most of the 3rd quarter when game was safe.

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 17:52

Rests

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 20:29

Macrae might cop a mills knock from Bugg. Lol. Cmon Bugg!

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 14:45

Attention BrownlowBoy. You asked to see my team which I haven’t listed before. New to SC and learning lots. Started well but have dropped off.
Laird, Howe, Sicily, McGovern, Doedee, Naughton, if he plays & Ridley and Duman.
Fyfe, Danger, Mitchell, Oliver, M. Crouch, Parker, Martin, T. Kelly & Dow, Banfield, Crowden.
Gawn, Grundy & Olango
Heeney, R. Gray, D. Smith, Fritsch, Guelfi, ZGL & Spargo and Keffee.
17 trades and $36K.
Thinking of switching Heeney to the mids, trading T. Kelly and ZGL and bringing in Buddy and Tim Smith leaving me with 15 trades and $84K. When I can afford him I want to get J Kelly back to complete my mids after trading him out after round 3.

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 15:02

Think I’d double downgrade if I was you. You have quite a few rookies that culling.

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 16:14

Who for example Northern? I have had problems with my defence all year. If a Naughton doesn’t make it this week and apparently he will, if Ridley gets dropped and if Dumas doesn’t get selected I suppose I’ll have to get in Rice but he has the dreaded, for me, round 14 bye.
      Isn’t it good to have rookies that need culling when have their bye?

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 16:41

Also don’t plan to keep heeney in your mids, leave him in your forwards. There are plenty of midfields that will avg more than heeney but not many fwds

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 17:07

If you had read my note closer Wow, you would have noted that it is a temporary move until I get a decent mid and that will be after the round 13 bye when I plan to get Kelly (GWS) back. IF Macrae drops in value, I’ll get him. Yes, I have learnt to keep the mid/fwds in the fwd line, but this move is temporary if I get Mighty Buddy in. Thanks for the reminder anyway Wow.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 17:13

Ok it’s just a move I see a lot of beginners make, I wasn’t having a go.

Also you will need to pick up some value players to get to full premo, not much cash in the bank and you’ll be left with very few trades if you continue to go 1 up 1 down to get there

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 16:49

If Naughton plays he needs to go as likely will start to bleed money. If you want to get funky you could go Naughton to Smith via Keefe dpp. I’d go Naughton to Rice and Crowden to Smith using Spargo DPP.

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 17:42

That’s an idea. Even though Naughton will rack up scores once his O is out of the system. Why is there not much love for Buddy. Surely he’ll smash out some good scores until his bye then have a rest and continue on his merry way. I don’t barrack for the Swans but Buddy is great.
          Derek the Hawker, Are you there?

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 17:50

Buddy’s heel is stuffed. Revealed that he can’t train during the week. That is not good and won’t be getting any love from me until he is ok. You just don’t need those sort of risks.

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 19:35

Yes, I read he trains once a week but is getting better but I’ll reluctantly pass. Derek, watch out if he gets 140 SC points on Friday night.

JEL · 30/05/2018 at 19:07

Buddy is boom or bust at the best of times, and I don't think this is the best of times.
            He's had injury concerns of late which worries me.
            At a similar price there's players like Boak, Hogan, Robinson or even Menagola I'd be looking at.

TOPHAWK1 · 30/05/2018 at 19:47

Hi Claire,

Why would you want to trade in Buddy now? He has that nasty round 14 bye and is likely to add to your donut woes as you have 11 out during that round. Getting Buddy would make it 12.

Like Derek said, he has an ongoing heel injury. These can take a long time to heal. Extremely risky Claire.

I would punt ZGL (Despite his lowish BE) for T Smith and then T Kelly to Rockliff and build that warchest.

Then during the byes, a double forward upgrade to solidify the FWD line.

Good luck Claire!

Northernsoul74 · 30/05/2018 at 16:51

More important to cull them when they’ve maxed out. Perfect when their bye hits but rarely happens that way.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 18:21

Can you get McLean instead of Buddy ?

Claire · 30/05/2018 at 19:32

No, short by $20K. This is all getting to hard. Maybe just the ZGL to T. Smith trade and see what happens with selections this week.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 19:39

Hi Claire, yeah maybe better off just waiting until thursday…if ZGL is named and Crowden isn't again, maybe get rid of Crowden to Smith.
        Better to trade a non player than a player :)…cheers.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 20:21

Sounds like the way to go Claire, I'm a big Buddy fan, had him from the start last year and was planning to get him in after the byes, but his injury has scared me off at the moment.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 19:07

If I were you I'd offload naughton to either Ridley or Rice. Naughton is done do not let him lose you cash as he won't make money with his 0 hurting him.

Id also trade ZGL to Smith.

Jack · 30/05/2018 at 22:53

I agree with this:
      Naughton to Rice
      ZGL to Smith
      Frees up cash so you can get McLean/Yeo/Cripps after their bye. You have a solid team by the way

BrownlowBoy · 31/05/2018 at 16:30

G'day Claire,

I really like what you have here, considering it's your first year at the game, you should be very proud of this team.
    I wouldn't go near Buddy, his heel is supposedly still causing him trouble.

My 2 cents worth on trade plans.

If Naughton plays:
    Naughton to Tim Smith via swinging Keefe into defence
    Tim Kelly to Westhoff via swinging Heeney into mids

If Naughton doesn't play:
    ZGL to Smith
    Tim Kelly to Westhoff or swing Sicily to forward line and grab Simpson.

Keenbutclueless · 30/05/2018 at 14:52

Kreuzer into Gawn for me. Love a great Friday night VC option.

BloodyFranklin · 30/05/2018 at 16:24

Gay Ablett 🤣

Puss · 30/05/2018 at 16:27

So do I but not set in concrete. Kreuzer won’t get all his own way against Sinclair. Do you have a decent Swan? Kennedy, Franklin, Parker, Heeney etc. Swans find another notch up there.
I may go Franklin. Which Blue can stop him? If not Danger, Gawn or Grundy, even Titch. Big weekend for VC and C’s.
Good luck.

Keenbutclueless · 30/05/2018 at 16:36

I have Heeney only. I might be chasing last week’s points with Kreuzer because I squibbed on putting the VC on him last week. Went Danger, which was all good, but still regretted not following my gut on Kreuzer. Will think about it some more during the week. Thanks for the advice.

Puss · 30/05/2018 at 16:59

You know what Keen, I squibbed it by not putting the VC on Grundy. VCed Danger but only 135, 140 is my minimum and ended up with Gawn’s 114. A lot of luck in SC.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 17:15

Maybe adjust your 140 rule that’s quite high for week to week. You’re only missing 10 points by taking a 130

Puss · 30/05/2018 at 17:34

Nuh. 140 for me.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 17:36

Each to their own. Seems risky passing up on 135’s though. A player goes 150 and you’ve gained 15 points. How often does someone go 150?

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 18:23

Anything over 125 for me.

Swans2012 · 30/05/2018 at 20:13

I'm with you JOhn, too many bad memories from passing up vac scores only to get spudded

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:26

You really have 140 set in stone ? He got a 133 lol. A few minor adjustments will have you leap up the ranks mate.

theRealPod · 30/05/2018 at 16:46

Gawn VC and Danger C. You'd think one of them will smash out a mammoth one.

Daniel · 30/05/2018 at 17:51

Who should I trade out to get in Smith this week out of ZGL and Mutch? Just brought in mutch 2 weeks ago and still has cash to make, but idk if he gets a game soon, while zgl looks to have peaked in price, unless he can go big this week. They both share the rd13 bye, trading mutch means moving spargo to my mid bench, while trading zgl allows spargo to be my fwd emg, alongside guelfi. Thoughts?

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 18:17

ZGL

Duckky · 31/05/2018 at 13:04

Mutch injured … nagging headaches (but no concussion according to EFC) so unlikely to be selected this week. However – Colyer, McNiece and Green are pressing for selection means that Much's JS is shaky.

HarryH76 · 30/05/2018 at 17:59

Seems Walters and Rocky are the hot topics this week. Thought a lot about this but have to pass on both. I get Rocky could be good for some, but I already have a full midfield and in case of injury I'd rather use DPP swing than have Rocky sitting on the pine doing nothing. As for Walters, just not trusting that knee. I'm also thinking ahead that if Freo are out of the finals race, Ross the Boss may prematurely end his season for surgery.

Passing on both.

theRealPod · 30/05/2018 at 18:23

I'm thinking the same about Walters knee, stearing clear.

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 18:31

It’s the r14 bye as well

Ahmad rubas · 30/05/2018 at 18:35

I'll be jumping on rocky as a M8 for now and good coverage for the byes at a bargain price.
    I also like the look of Walters as I think there is more chance of Walters being a top 6 forward from now than rocky being a top 8 midfielder from now but the Walters round 14 bye is what swings it to rocky for me

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 20:18

Gonna be able to move rocky from m8 though? Byes are 3 rounds, it’s still a long season ahead

TIGESB2B · 30/05/2018 at 22:57

If Rocky gets a couple more decent scores, he can more easily be upgraded to a full premo down the track, if needed.

Ahmad rubas · 30/05/2018 at 23:01

Yeah rocky becomes a problem if he is M8 at end of byes and he could easily breakdown as well just hoping he does well and I can push him to M9 after the byes

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 18:19

Vc and c for me this week will be Gawny into Grundy.
Gawn against Boyd and or Campbell, he should smash em the way Boyd got smashed last week by Grundy.
Hopefully Smith doesn't help out Gawn too much in the Ruck to take points away.
And Grundy against Apeness, haven't seen him play but you'd have to think he'll get smashed by Grundy.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:27

Smart Russty. I feel Grundy is safe as houses this week so wouldn't mind risking a VC that goes large that no one will pick.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 18:34

Who do you have in mind 66?..go for it I reckon, but who do you have in your side who can go big that no one would pick?

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:41

JJK. Carlisle out for 2 and Darling will take their next best defender.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:23

Grundy into Fyfe!

Finnius · 31/05/2018 at 09:19

don't they play in the same game?

hedski · 30/05/2018 at 18:44

Cheers Patch McPatchface, probs Gawn into Danger for me, still tossing up the Walters inclusion, I won't go near Rocky cos of past burns/injury worries, but Sonny's knee is causing me the same head aches…

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 18:52

Hey hedski, he's also never averaged over 88 in his whole career, may be averaging 93 now but for how long?
    He's kinda Buddy-like with his highs and lows except Buddy is better and usually ends up averaging more.
    It's not just Walters' Knee peeps should be thinking about, it's his historical lack of premo scoring on a regular basis and establishing a reliable average.

Ja191 · 30/05/2018 at 18:58

yeah but he's always played forward. Half way through last year he had a role change playing a lot more mid. Can really only judge his scores from then which have been very consistent. I don't have a doubt that he won't average 95-100+ from here on out just that bloody knee

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 18:55

Hey Patch! Go easy on my team please! The crows aren't that bad…..just alot of injuries and a shit coach that can't change a gameplan.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 18:58

What was Cam Ellis Spudman's excuse on the weekend?…looked like he was just loitering on the fringes of the pack half the time , was going well for me up until then averaging 100 in his previous 6 games but his days are numbered in my team now, hopefully he can not drop a butt load of cash before his bye.

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 20:17

I'm surprised he went that well Russty. He honestly has no raw talent. He's just a hack kick out of the pack. Don't rate him other than being a big body.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:39

Maybe he scored most of his previous points from clearances…hard ball gets?

BrownlowBoy · 31/05/2018 at 16:33

Melbourne were too quick Rusty.

To me, that's where the Crows got carved up.

Lack of pace.

Sam · 30/05/2018 at 19:15

Rockliff, Boak or Gray?

Jace · 30/05/2018 at 20:55

or Westhoff

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:22

Boak for me, looking at round 13 for that trade in.

Jack · 30/05/2018 at 22:57

I’m a big Robbie Gray fan, I reckon he could outscore the other 2 even playing as a forward, but with enormous upside if he goes back to mid. So gray for me, perhaps a little overpriced though if playing forward

seen_burns · 30/05/2018 at 19:17

Thoughts on Heath Shaw, burnt alot of us last year but seems like his role changed against Essendon and was the main player out of the backline. Or just wait for another player like Howe to drop in price.

Swans2012 · 30/05/2018 at 20:15

The burns are too deep for me….never again list

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:42

He's doing much better this year than last year Burns but might be better to look at someone younger, who's not biding his time until the inevitable end.

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 00:21

I’ve had him from the start, so have kept a close eye. He has played a lot better than his scores indicated. Always did a few poor things every game that killed his score.

Forgot which game, but kicked 2 out on full within 60 seconds, both just missing target and both close line-balls. Dropped 12 pts instead of going up 12pts. That’s was 24pts. Also got a couple of rough Deliberate outs.

Last week everything went his way.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 19:28

Hey peeps, I'm thinking of keeping Naughton for the duration, my thinking is that he already lost 13k after round 8, and will lose $18k and 20k respectively in round 11 and 13 assuming he doesn't hit his breakevens of 99 and 104 which is highly likely.
This will make his price $251K but is that really such a bad thing when you're planning to keep them for the rest of the year?
Round 14 his breakeven goes back to 33 again and then 40 etc, this is all assuming he's scored 59 every week previous.
So realistically, he'll end up at in the high 200's again and will have been providing cover the whole time barring round 12.
I don't need to trade him out for the money but will probably want to later in the season as a luxury upgrade or injury replacement.
I think sometimes patience is a virtue and it's better to just wait and see what happens, it's too easy to run out of trades in SC and stuff your season into oblivion.

So what do you think about hanging onto Naughton rather than going for rooks like Rice and Austin?..can't see much upside really in any Saints.

neil demons delight · 30/05/2018 at 20:05

I really rate this kid Russty.It's a no brainer talent wise and the others play for a crap team. Naughton will only get better I think it's a smart move mate

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:35

Thanks Neil…I think there's more upside to keeping him than trading him, but others might need to do different depending on their situation.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 20:17

Hey Russty I traded out Naughton in round 9, I couldn't afford having non playing players in my defence, if all your defenders on field are playing and you have cover ie Naughton this week, go for it.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:36

Hey John, you did what you needed to do mate, beats copping a donut for sure.

Browncow · 30/05/2018 at 22:40

Makes sense Russty. I am planning to keep him as a perma-sub unless Austin bangs out another score next week.

Wes · 30/05/2018 at 19:32

How many players should we be looking at having for every bye rd?

Right now (with future trades included) I have 21, 19, 19 playing each rd (Premiums: 15, 16, 15)

Is this a good amount?

Keenbutclueless · 30/05/2018 at 19:57

This is very strong on all counts. The same question was asked on a previous thread a little while back, and had quite a few responses. Your numbers sit well compared to those

Swans2012 · 30/05/2018 at 20:08

Yep agreed good numbers, only rookie carnage could derail you

The Ranger · 30/05/2018 at 19:48

Love ya work Patch, thanks.
No bloody idea on what I'm doing with the VC/C this week…too many bloody options.
Macrae? Danger? Gawn? Titch?
It was a lot easier when there was just The Bald Genius and then everyone else!

TOPHAWK1 · 30/05/2018 at 20:11

Gawn into Fyfe even with Sandi out this week.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:02

Real dead zone in here tonight…maybe 4 random people, wonder what's keeping people away?, ok, I'm out too cause it feels like a ghost town, might check back in a bit later.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 20:15

Wednesday is bit of a dead day for SC. Inbetween injuries and teams. Will be back on tomorrow!

SC_Sixty6 · 30/05/2018 at 20:27

Yeh Russty! Where is HumanBob? Might have to call him HoudiniBob!

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:43

Not sure 66, it'd be nice if you two could get along though, and stop jabbing at eachother, maybe he's just had enough, or is getting a new face fitted or something?..lol

DavidSA · 30/05/2018 at 21:04

Lord 2 shanks is never sorry
        😂 That's my skyrim player name

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:12

You know who else plays Skyrim Dave?…..

DavidSA · 30/05/2018 at 22:10

My Mum 😶

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:11

Maaaaiy Mooom! lol

Beaver · 30/05/2018 at 21:14

Just stop sick of all your bullshit.

Blaknight · 30/05/2018 at 20:16

Gawn into Darling this week for me.

hey · 30/05/2018 at 20:32

Who's the better option, Franklin or Walters, both cheapish, same bye and both probably top 6 fwds

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:51

Hey…hey, it's Wednesday!…gotta say mate, I'd advise against both for now, until you know how their respective injuries pan out.

Dav · 30/05/2018 at 20:39

Is having Fyfe, Mundy and Walters too many free midfielders?

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:47

Having 3 free midfielders can be risky, there's always the risk of them running, better off with the slaves who are already broken. 🙂

Dav · 30/05/2018 at 21:16

Whoops, obviously meant to say Freo

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:22

Hi Dav, just kidding mate, in that case, maybe try and find a way to get Walters and Mundy into the fwd line, hopefully you don't have too many out in rd 14 or are you just writing it off as a loss?

Dav · 30/05/2018 at 21:34

I have Fyfe in my Mid and Mundy in my Fwd line but I was wondering if getting Walters means I have too many Freo players who all play in the midfield for their team

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:39

Walters into the fwds is a good move if you think he will last the season out with his knee.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:44

Agree with John Dav, if Mundy and Walters are in your fwd line, no problem if you feel they can go the distance from here.

Dav · 30/05/2018 at 21:51

So already having Fyfe and Mundy shouldn't effect my decision on if I get Walters or not?

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:03

Not at all mate, doesn't matter if they are dpp's playing forward, depends on your round 14 bye though cause they'll all miss that week.
                Fyfe is the only one of those 3 who should be in the midfield.

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 08:43

Freo have 4 if last 5 in Perth.

Rick Grimes · 30/05/2018 at 20:40

Got a feeling JJK is going to come home like a freight train. Cheap as and building into it.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:45

I'm gonna keep a close eye on his scores in the coming weeks Rick…could be the value pick of the year.

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 21:02

He’s definitely value

Rick Grimes · 30/05/2018 at 21:20

I reckon he's good for 150 this week. The Saints, at home, c'mon!!

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 21:22

Yep who’s gonna to man the dynamic duo? Maybe Webster will have to be accountable this week

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:24

Rice and Austin mate…yeah right I think I'm just dreaming…put the C on Kennedy!

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 21:28

Can only go a VC on him. If I had Grundy that would be locked

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:46

Have you got anyone you could loophole if you vc Kennedy and go Fyfe C?

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 21:48

Yeah not sure if he’s a lock without Sandi

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:53

Many thought he'd be a dud score last week too getting tagged by Jacobs…Jacobs Schmacobs lol

Sc_Wow · 30/05/2018 at 22:34

True, and jjk could kick 20

DavidSA · 30/05/2018 at 23:25

He would have to go 110 minimum
                    Will be a game where 7 Eagles ton with 2 going over 130 easily
                    Who knows he might be the 1 of 2 who go over 130

TheGreatBozza · 30/05/2018 at 20:47

Gawn into Grundy..trust the ruck process

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 20:57

Solid choice Bozza, doing the same here.

DavidSA · 30/05/2018 at 22:13

I'm Gawn to Yeo just have a funny feeling with Yeo but of course a Gawn 135+ will stop the gamble

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:15

You crazy benchpressing bastard!

Tyruddanaut · 30/05/2018 at 21:02

FRANklin to Danger

dontblushbaby · 30/05/2018 at 21:06

Angus Brayshaw Def / Mid @ 423k ,BE 19 – is he looking like being a break out player for the second half the season ? ,thoughts anyone ?

The Ranger · 30/05/2018 at 21:10

Been keeping an eye on him all year but I don't think I'll take the risk yet, maybe next year.
    Might make a handy D7/M9 type if anyone can make that work.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:19

I like him dbb, if I had more trades up my sleeve I would be getting him in, but I also feel two weeks ago was the time for that trade.

Whitey · 30/05/2018 at 21:21

Melbourne have been beating up on some ordinary efforts/sides in the last couple of weeks. Interesting to see what he can do against a good side.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:25

The Crows did make the GF last year and are in the eight.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:33

Dees for the flag this year John!…why the hell not?….they're better than Richmond were last year already.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:35

Just hoping for a top 4 finish or even just making the finals at this stage Russty, we had a bit of a run last year as well and missed out.

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 21:42

Too much talent in your side this year mate I feel and it's all coming together at the right time, and timing is important.
            Someone's doing something right there this year and in the few years past in the recruiting department and it's exciting times ahead for the Dees I reckon.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:52

It would be a dream come true and for Jonesy's sake as well after what he's had to go through, 250 games this weekend, pity it couldn't have been a week later at the G against the Pies.

neil demons delight · 30/05/2018 at 22:02

Spot on John The old enemy never forgiven them for 1958 bloody Murray Weideman and his 2 big goals Nothing better than beating the woods by a point after the siren NDD

Shake_n_Bake_ · 31/05/2018 at 07:52

Cmon Neil beating my pies after the siren by a pt!! P.s im on the Dees bandwagon!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 30/05/2018 at 22:45

Paul Roos genius.
              Worth every cent.

neil demons delight · 30/05/2018 at 21:57

you are a very intelligent man Russty

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:06

Hey Neil mate, just rooting for the underdogs this year mate, and your Dees are looking good, was heartbreaking last year seeing them miss the top 8 by the smallest of percentages, hopefully this year they give it a good old crack at the chocolates!

Cpt · 30/05/2018 at 22:57

My doggies are starting their next 62 yr re-build. I’m hoping for a Dee’s Premiership this year.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 21:42

Can't see any side tagging him with Clarry, Viney, Jones ahead of him in the pecking order.

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 21:54

He has been getting good midfield time and I thought once Viney was back he would be pushed out. Doesn’t seem to have happened, Oetracca’s midfield time suffered more.

He might be perm midfield at Dees. Not bad having Gawn tapping them down to him.

I had Mills, and to avoid two donuts in defence last week did a sideways to McGrath. Was tossing up McGrath and Brayshaw, only cost me 80pts so far.

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 22:35

Ouch

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 08:38

McGrath needed the run and his TOG was low. I can see him playing a lot of midfield in second half of year. Sneaky POD when back to full fitness

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 17:19

If I wasn't getting in Heeney and Smith, I would have been trading Angus in, I looked at him last week, but went with Lloyd and Ryan, there always seems to be other players in front of him, would make a good POD, JS is very good, the Dees love him and he has dpp.

JohnDJ59 · 31/05/2018 at 22:12

Go on Sandy get him in instead of Heeney, you can get him in after the byes, like you said Angus has JS, DPP and would be a POD.

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 22:48

Done, I like the look of him in my def, plus I now have swings on all lines, not counting ruck, with Angus, Finlayson, Spargo, Higgins and Fogarty.

Eddy · 30/05/2018 at 21:15

Who to bring in this week Walters or Rockliff (Will probably be bringing the other in next week)

Blakey · 30/05/2018 at 21:21

i dont no im in the same boat as you

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 21:47

Problem with Rocky is he takes up a valuable midfield position. If you have him at M8 scoring 95-100 instead of a Dusty scoring 115-120, you will be losing ground.

Only get him if;

A) you think he will be a top 10 midfielder for rest of year

B) you have very little team value, under $12m, and you are in serious need of value players.

C) you have plenty of trades, 19+, and you only hold him over the byes, make a bit of cash and trade him to one of the big boys after their bye. Rocky up $100k, Macrae drops $100k, good trade

D) season is in dis-array and you think ‘what the hell….’ and go the hail marry

I don’t think too many in the top 500 will be risking Rocky.

Eddy · 30/05/2018 at 21:53

I would be getting Rockliff for bye cover and then moving him to M9 very shortly after the byes (Will probably look at getting Macrae in for my final premo mid spot after byes)

Corey · 30/05/2018 at 21:55

I’m waiting one more week on Rockliff bringing in Walter and T.Smith
        If rocky tons up then look to bring him in next week

Corey · 30/05/2018 at 21:56

I’m B and C haha

Swans2012 · 30/05/2018 at 22:13

I don't quite have the trades but team is coming together well enough for me to be confident of parking rocky at m9, so someone with rockys ceiling as a sub 400k m9 is a no brainer for me…

Connor · 30/05/2018 at 22:30

Derek why do you see team value of such importance – I see you make fairly regular comments about it! I would have thought that premo's value fluctuates regularly throughout the year (ie. Fyfe is currently my only MID over $580k).
      Just interested in why you see it as so important??

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 23:42

over the years I’ve played SC, one thing has always been true, on average the higher the rank, the higher the team value. Some will say the value will follow the rank, i think it the other way. Build a team with high value and the points and rank will follow.

There will always be exceptions, but generally a higher valued team will score better than a low value.

Have a look at the top 20 ranked players for this year, most are well over $13mil. Around 1,000 ranked it drops to $12.5mil. Logic says a team valued at $13mil will score better than a team ranked $12.5mil, this is why it becomes harder and harder for teams ranked outside top 100 to catch the leaders from about now onwards.

Let’s say you are aiming for full premium. On average your premiums will be $525k each x22 = $11.55mil plus a decent bench of $2mil. Total is $13.55mil.

Ideally we aim for full premium by r15.

If your team value is only say $12mil, you will struggle to fill those last few premium places and be left with Brodie Smith and Daniel Rich in your team trying to compete against teams with Docherty and Simpson.

You don’t really notice the team value until you run out of cash and still a couple of Real Premiums short and you then regret buying Macrae for $720k

The way this game is designed, the value of your team will determine your scores.

Most of your trades are made to increase value.

I ponder this slot. What is a trade worth?

If you put aside 10 trades for rookies, injuries, emergencies etc, it leaves us 20 trades to get to full premium. Say full premium is $13.55mil, it means that you use 20 trades to make $3.55mil. Works out about $175k per trade. Old Oker will tell you a trade is worth $175k.

Just my thoughts

Jack · 31/05/2018 at 10:53

Interesting thoughts Derek. I always said a good trade will earn you 200k or 200 points, but I guess if you add in injury trades, 175k (or even 150k) is more realistic.

Also interesting that you say Round 15 for full premium. Most teams on here seem to be hitting it in the next week or two. I'm gonna be around Round 14 I think. I feel I'm struggling to keep up with more advanced teams than mine and can't wait for the byes to come to catch up.
          Do you think teams that to fall premo by say Round 15 might come home harder than teams that upgraded earlier?

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 23:23

There could be a r14 bye player you will pick up after his bye to finish your team.

Any sooner you are kidding yourself with a “premium” or 2

Jordan · 30/05/2018 at 22:01

Westhoff or gray

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:10

I reckon Westhoff Jordan for the fact that he's been solid this year and Paddy still has archilles injury management which means the hoff will pick up extra points helping out in the ruck…and not sure yet how much Gray will play mid or fwd.

DavidSA · 30/05/2018 at 22:11

I would rather punch Gray because he is smaller and can go further in distance after the punch

Ricardo · 31/05/2018 at 12:29

HOFF. Ryder still struggling and Gray has been playing forward last couple of weeks.

Bill · 30/05/2018 at 22:17

Do we get 3 trades next week?

JohnDJ59 · 30/05/2018 at 22:32

Round 12,13 and 14

Finnius · 31/05/2018 at 09:17

yup

Jono · 30/05/2018 at 22:20

I'm going to VC Danger and the C on Fyfe!!

My team is as follows;

Defenders; Laird,Yeo,Hurley,Tuohy, Witherden and Coffield. (Naughton and Redman)

Mids: Dangerfield,Dusty,Mitchell,Fyfe,Higgins,M.Robinson,Phillips and Spargo. (Garlett,Barry,England)

Rucks: Gawn and Nic Nat (Cameron)

Forwards; McLean,Buddy,Walters,D.Smith,Billings and Fritsch. (Rayner and Crowden)

Russty_ · 30/05/2018 at 22:22

Nice one Jono…Danger into Fyfe is a solid option mate, good luck.

Jono · 30/05/2018 at 22:24

I have $426,100k in the bank along with 16 trades!!

Jordan · 30/05/2018 at 22:33

Trade lachie Murphy or Dom Barry?
Both are shit

DavidC · 31/05/2018 at 06:45

Murph might be back this week, get rid of Barry.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 31/05/2018 at 07:53

Im trading both

Finnius · 31/05/2018 at 09:16

I don't think you get enough value out of them though. Surely you'd rather trade those who are maxed out and get enough cash to make an upgrade. I see a trade as worth at least 150k, so not worth it for me at this point. All they need is two more games and 70 and there is 50k more.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 31/05/2018 at 10:15

I just want warm body’s playing Finnius especially over the byes. I just cant see the other 2 getting a game. Im bringing in Rice and Smith at the end of rd 11 l would av made $150k and with the other 2 projected rises another $120k Not going to sit on my hands waiting for Murphy & Barry to maybe get another go.

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 10:33

I traded Barry last week to Phillips. As you said Shake n bake warm bodies are vital across the byes. In your situation Jordan maybe murphy purely because u have Ridley & rice on the bubble. Unless u can offload Barry swing a forward in the guts & grab T.smith. If so do that!

Shake_n_Bake_ · 31/05/2018 at 12:14

Sorry Murphy to Rice Garlett to Smith.

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 16:56

Looks solid. Warm bodies are vital.

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 17:25

Barry, at least Murphy was an emergency last weekend.

Trades · 30/05/2018 at 22:33

Menegola or Westhoff ROS

PeteB · 30/05/2018 at 22:34

What’s considered the minimum average score of a must have rookie after 2 rounds ? 70plus ?

Jack · 30/05/2018 at 23:10

I’d say 60 but you can’t be too picky because you pretty much need to take a rookie every week from about round 5 to 13 so you take what’s on offer.
    Other factors must come into play to. For example although Rice has averaged 60 odd points he is mature aged and plays for St.Kilda so job security should be solid

TommyC99 · 30/05/2018 at 23:00

Thoughts on bringing in JJK? Probably best to wait a week but liking his matchup at home against the saints. It’s either him or Rocky for me this week!

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 00:06

I’m usually against KPP. But you can’t ignore his value.

I’ve been quietly talking about him for a couple of weeks, especially with all the attention Darling is attracting.

If it wasn’t Saints he was playing this week I would wait until after his bye and re-assess in 2 weeks. But this might be THE week.

TommyC99 · 31/05/2018 at 07:01

Yeah might go JJK this week and wait a week on Rocky to reassess. I need a bit of a POD move to gain some rank, we all know what he’s capable of

TIGESB2B · 30/05/2018 at 23:17

Gawn into Fyfe, or Grundy.
Gone Ratugolea to Smith, J. Graham to Rocky, for bye cover. Hopefully Rocky tons up a few more times and fattens up for full premo-ing.

Cpt · 30/05/2018 at 23:27

How many trades you got?

20 for me. 22 if I reverse trades.

My Team:
B: Yeo, Laird, Sicily, Savage, Doedee, Richards (Keefe, Ridley)
M: Danger, T’itch, Oliver, Bont, Fyfe, Dusty, Cripps, Whitfield (Holman,Crowden, Phillips)
R: Gawn, Grundy (Olango)
F: McLean, Lambert, D.Smith, Heeney, Fritz, Smith, Spargo, Garlett)

Rocksta_ · 30/05/2018 at 23:37

You have 18 Keepers with your 20 trades left. Great job. Even allowing for Injuries, you’ll have 10 trades left when full Premo.
    I have 19 keepers but only 15 trades left.

Derek · 30/05/2018 at 23:53

I think you have this thing in the bag. How are you going to spend your prize money?

Seriously, what is your rank?

Cpt · 31/05/2018 at 01:31

Thanks. I’m ranked just inside 2k.

Just traded Sandi (Rested – tbc) for Grundy and Barry for Smith.

I’ll be targeting and extra Premo on each line to loophole ether Friday night or 1st game Saturday. Well, that’s my hope.

Dildor · 31/05/2018 at 09:23

Where did you buy your extra trades from, ill give you $15 and a slice of ham for 2.

Cpt · 31/05/2018 at 21:13

Haven’t had too many issues or injuries this year and lucky to select reasonable starting side:

Trades so far;

Crowden ($117,300)
      OUT
      Murphy ($153,600)
      IN
      Richards ($135,300)

Cpt · 31/05/2018 at 21:23

Gee that loaded differently then I typed it. Sorry.

Russty_ · 31/05/2018 at 21:51

Just cut n paste it next time mate, saves time too. Good side, well done.

John · 30/05/2018 at 23:34

Gawn into Danger or Danger into Fyfe?

Dildor · 31/05/2018 at 09:22

Both so tempting, i was thinking gawn to danger but the Danger Fyfe combo really tickles my fancy. Danger v GC and Fyfe v Collingwood, ones bound to go HUGE

Keenbutclueless · 31/05/2018 at 09:17

Like many here, have had a good look at Rocky, but after initial enthusiasm have passed. Bringing in Dusty instead.

Having done all my bye planning, I can either run with a team that has Hibberd, Zerrett and Lambert or upgrade them to Simpson, Gaff and Boak.

If I don’t upgrade any, my byes are 15/21, 13/19 and 16/21. It will leave me with 6 trades and 100k

If I do upgrade, my byes are 15/21, 14/20 and 17/22. But I will only have 3 trades left.

My bench cover is reasonable in both scenarios. At worst I have Austin, Murphy, Giro, Mutch (new rook – maybe O’Connor), Smith and Ahern.

Whilst I know 3 trades is probably light, I am enticed by having a genuine premium side that is legitimately worth 2500 a week if all on the park.

Currently ranked about 3k and play for rank, but keep an interest in leagues.

So, go all out and risk the crash and burn, or keep some faith in the original choices and ride them for a whole, and if I still have trades, upgrade them later?

neil demons delight · 31/05/2018 at 15:17

I know which three I would rather Keen but gee 3 trades is too low Great to have a real prem side. I wont make that but will have Fritz and SPP PLUS 10 trades Could trade SPP but definitely 1 short. Leagues for me good luck keen NDD

Keenbutclueless · 31/05/2018 at 15:30

Thanks Neil. Maybe one of Hibberd or Zerrett in Round 13, because I am a little light for the round 13 bye and keep 5 trades.

neil demons delight · 31/05/2018 at 18:02

Sounds right Hibberd looked good in the Alice. I got rid of him that week and kept Shaw on WoW'S advice .thanks for the 149 but Hibbo might end up the better. . 5 trades might be enough

JohnDJ59 · 31/05/2018 at 18:15

I'd keep Hibbo Keen, I traded him out a few weeks back for Hurley who spat out a 66 and got himself injured,so that's one trade I wish I could have back.

Keenbutclueless · 31/05/2018 at 19:23

thanks John. Picked Hibberd over Simpson at the start of the year and was prepared to pay that 30k extra. I really didn’t expect Simpson to have a great year. So it would really hurt to fork out 100k extra for someone I could have had for 30k less.

JohnDJ59 · 31/05/2018 at 21:48

When you say it like that it would be even harder to do the trade, Simmo will be a top 8 defender, but there is a big difference between his good and bad.

DavidC · 01/06/2018 at 07:02

3 trades?? RIP.

Gregor · 31/05/2018 at 09:20

By golly. First cab off the rank this morning.
I have had a quick glance at the 200+ comments above (No aggro, keep it up) and I surprised at the doubt surrounding Buddy’s fitness. He had a great preseason, hurt his heel round one, was nursed along and was finally rested and now he is back and although he is on a modified training session he is training at least once a week. You must note that he is a proud and superb athlete. In the past he has annialated Carlton and he will do so again on tomorrow night. If you get him in this week at a ridiculous price you will get three games out of him before his bye.

Jack · 31/05/2018 at 10:37

I had a mate who worked on Skilled Stadium a few years back and he said the players do f-all training during the week, it's all just about recovery.

gator59 · 31/05/2018 at 11:27

Got the Buddstar in last week although he didn't set the world on fire he may go HUGE this week against the Blubaggers

theRealPod · 31/05/2018 at 17:11

Agree Gregor he's likely to go bang with 10 goals vs Blues.

Noah · 31/05/2018 at 09:26

Which 2 Out? Higgins, T Kelly or ZGL?

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 10:34

Kelly & ZGL

Chicken · 31/05/2018 at 09:51

Cripps into Gawn, gawn into grundy or cripps into grundy

Florence Maxwell · 31/05/2018 at 09:53

This site has fallen along way this year. Homophobic jokes about 'Gay Ablett' aren't cool or funny. Have some maturity please. Very disappointed Patch.

The Ranger · 31/05/2018 at 10:00

That's not a joke Florence. It's a typo.

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 10:28

Lighten up floz everybody makes typos. Gary is Happily Married so therefore why would patch make a gay joke about him. It wouldn’t have been deliberate

Jack · 31/05/2018 at 10:41

Typo Florence. Let us know if you find anything else politically incorrect because I didn't even notice that one

Mick · 31/05/2018 at 12:44

How did you possibly think that was a homophobic slur? It doesn’t even remotely read like a joke. Move on.

DEES NUTS R BIG · 31/05/2018 at 12:44

You're a loser with nothing better to do than have a sook about nothing, grow up!

Florence Maxwell · 31/05/2018 at 14:02

Jock would be spinning in his grave if he could see the state of this website now

DavidC · 31/05/2018 at 15:58

Did Jock pass?

Davo · 31/05/2018 at 14:04

haha, they are out there, just making sure this site is politically correct. Like living in a police state.

Rick Grimes · 31/05/2018 at 14:57

Haha, chucking a sook over a typo. Jock and co were about as politically correct as Roseanne Barr, so I seriously doubt they'd have any issue with the co tent of the site. Take a chill pill and enjoy life.

neil demons delight · 31/05/2018 at 15:04

As the guys said typo nothing to it. It could easily have this response. The site is much better now and the advice tops NDD

Dildor · 31/05/2018 at 16:19

This may be the greatest troll in recent history

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 10:09

Is going to Cripps this week a bad move with him having a Rd12 bye? Should I just wait a week post bye

seen_burns · 31/05/2018 at 11:09

Might aswell wait after the bye, also he was pretty sore after the Geelong game

Jason · 31/05/2018 at 16:57

Hold off the week dale. Grab him post bye

Noah · 31/05/2018 at 10:51

Who are the top 3 forwrads?

seen_burns · 31/05/2018 at 11:10

McLean, Heeney, Gray/Darling

DacZawson · 31/05/2018 at 14:35

Can’t see Gray being top 3 from here on

theRealPod · 31/05/2018 at 17:15

I was pretty good at CHF, even won league most goals one year.

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 17:22

McLean, Heeney, Hogan/Darling

hedski · 31/05/2018 at 18:03

McLean, Heeney and Menagola from here onwards.

Garry · 31/05/2018 at 10:57

Heeney, McLean and Buddy

Shake_n_Bake_ · 31/05/2018 at 12:24

Mihocek to play this weekend.

Good listening · 31/05/2018 at 12:26

SEN just announced by Wallace

Marcus · 31/05/2018 at 12:27

Thoughts on waiting a week on Rockliff?
Would be my M9 anyway and should only go up 30k max

Dildor · 31/05/2018 at 16:21

Exactly what im doing, seems like a decent option, it means i can get in Smith which will rise around 70, which if im planning on trading out smith at some point would net more at least 40k more than passing on him

Laird Lad Donuts · 31/05/2018 at 12:34

Ridley or Rice??

DEES NUTS R BIG · 31/05/2018 at 12:49

Same dilemma, Rice should have decent job security but has the R14 bye and Ridley will probably get dropped in the near future.

Steeeve · 31/05/2018 at 13:48

Neither will be playing in round 14. So Rice

Doc · 31/05/2018 at 13:17

Alright lads, so I was pretty set on going Kelly to Rocky and Henry to Smith leaving me with about $500k but I'm not super confident that Rocky can keep fit so I thought if I get Boak instead I'll have a little bit more security in that he doesn't get injured as often as Rocky and he has DPP however I would only have $400k left. What are the communities thoughts?

P.S Boak would be in the mid but I would be swinging him forward later. Probably during or after the byes

Davo · 31/05/2018 at 13:39

Have done exactly the same thing, seeing Boak's name in my team feels a far safer fit and it gives me two mid/fwd swings which will help heaps through the byes.

Dale · 31/05/2018 at 13:39

Similar situation. With rocky boak & Robinson (play mid swing fwd later … for your scenario it’d be boak . His dpp May come in handy through byes if u don’t have another link between mids and fwd

Sammy_14 · 31/05/2018 at 15:41

Who do you reckon i should downgrade to Tim Smith, Stephenson or Zac Fisher?

theRealPod · 31/05/2018 at 17:19

Have a look at games ahead and judge who will potentially score better. Also check who has higher b/e. I like the look of Stephenson, he's growing in confidence and plays in a better side.

DavidC · 31/05/2018 at 15:54

If you still have Holman you should hold him through the byes. I also wouldn't be trading Fritsch at the moment with the form he's in. Show the other 2 the door.

Gem · 31/05/2018 at 16:39

Would really like the two targets I should go for this week. 18 trades – 81K

DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Yeo, Doedee, Sicily, (Cole, L Murphy)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, Titch, Dusty, Cogs, T Kelly, Spargo, E Phillips (Barry, Brayshaw, Holman)
RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Buddy, D Smith, Billings, Petracca (Guelfi, Fritsch)

BrownlowBoy · 31/05/2018 at 16:46

Kelly and Brayshaw to Westhoff/Boak/Gray and Tim Smith via swining Heeney into the midfield for mine.

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 19:56

Yeah rate the trade above, would consider Walters aswell at his price instead of one of thOes port boys! If you can deal with the bye but he certainly is value

JohnDJ59 · 31/05/2018 at 18:23

So I trade in Howe due to donuts in my backline last week instead of Ryan because of round 14, Howe scores 59, Ryan 136 and goes up 49k in price and now Howe is an out for this weekend. I feel like screaming.

Swans2012 · 31/05/2018 at 18:33

I feel your pain and now thanks to mirra dropped again I'm relying on Murphy getting a gig otherwise it's back to the drawing board grrrrrrrr…..

Keenbutclueless · 31/05/2018 at 18:46

Same. Round 9 brought in Crouch and Mutch. Both out in round 10. Round 10 brought in Howe. Round 11 Howe is out.

I wanted ZGL out for Smith this week, but will have to be Mirra for Rice instead. Shame. Mirra had cash still to make, but can’t have a donut.

LuckyLukLuk · 31/05/2018 at 19:05

Luck can be a harsh mistress

Russty_ · 31/05/2018 at 19:36

Bloody Howe john, when do we find out if naughton's playing or not?

JohnDJ59 · 31/05/2018 at 20:59

Naughton didn't get a gig Russty, not even an emergency.

Russty_ · 31/05/2018 at 21:04

Bloody bugger!…I've got Howe and him too.. might have to cull Naughton now, didn't want to though.

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 22:55

You can't take a trick this year JD.

Crowboy94 · 31/05/2018 at 18:37

Going to be so many rookies to think about soon!

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 19:26

Should I trade in Heron for Naughton this week?

I've already one 1 trade this week; Billings out and Walters in!! Leaves me with $417,200k in the bank with 16 trades left!! But could be 15 if I execute the trade listed above.

My team is;

Mids: Dangerfield,Dusty,Mitchell,Fyfe,Higgins,McLean,Phillips and Spargo. (Crowden,Barry,England)

Rucks: Gawn and Nic Nat (Cameron)

Forwards; M.Robinson,Buddy,Walters,D.Smith,Stephenson and Fritsch. (Rayner and Garlett)

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 19:53

Do you really want a forward pocket from GC in your team? Atleast wait another week on him rice is a better trade in target or even Ridley probably worth bringing in T smith from melb also will make way more cash

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 20:01

Yeah but atm I'm playing with 21!!

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 20:05

Wheres your 0?

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 20:20

Coffield!!

seen_burns · 31/05/2018 at 20:38

Sacrifice this week, Coffield to rice/Ridley & Rayner to T. Smith

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 21:16

Yeah but if I trade in Heron this week at least I've got 22 playing this week, I'm thinking Naughton to Heron because Naughton is projected too lose cash next time he plays.Whereas Coffield has money to make!! And plus that trade ruins my bye structures!!

seen_burns · 31/05/2018 at 21:42

Naughton and Coffield aren't playing so you want be losing or gaining money with any of them, also you can hold Naughton through the byes or just trade him next week to Heron

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 22:08

That's what I'm thinking because then I will be covered in the byes!! Thanks mate!!

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 22:09

Why are you not just trading naughton to rice or riddley?

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 22:41

Because it affects bye structure so next week I'm going to get Heron for Naughton and the Dogs have the bye!! And I've decided to cop a 0 this week!!

Sandyf62 · 31/05/2018 at 22:53

What's the difference between copping a donut now and one in a bye, Rice looks a better trade in.

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 23:08

If he gets heron in he is hoping to avoid 0 this week and have him through all the byes

Jono · 31/05/2018 at 23:15

Yeah that's exactly right! Sam! So I will get Heron next week or this week?? I think I will cop a 0!!

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 23:40

If I were you I’d think of it points wise
                    I’d much rather have rice covering my 0s for the next few weeks than heron, we haven’t seen enough of him his job security is questionable pocket at gc could throw out some stinkers for what it’s worth I’d get rice in regardless of byes he will be a serviceable 60 odd generate more cash and probably more overall points in the byes even if it gets you another 0 one round

Jono · 01/06/2018 at 10:16

Yeah but if I get Rice in he ruins by rd14 bye structures!! So I'm thinking I will cop a 0 this week then maybe get Heron next week!!

Sam_01 · 31/05/2018 at 19:51

Boys howe out with bone bruising could see him gone for 2 weeks and then into his bye, thoughts on this as a smoky trade, howe down to Walters via sicily swing and this will still allow me to get on Timmy smith aswell
Have mirra and Howe in the backline both out I got rice and Duman to cover, is it worth trading him don’t really want to lose ranks playing Duman the spud and the trade nets me 100k
Probably will wait to hear a bit more on the bruising, thoughts community?

Steeeve · 31/05/2018 at 20:36

Mirra dropped. Robbed.
Not much chance Murphy gets a game either.
So it's Naughton to Rice and Barry to Smith for me.
Will have to pass on Walters/Rocky.

seen_burns · 31/05/2018 at 20:40

Can still get rocky or Walters next week both should be still cheap

Russty_ · 31/05/2018 at 21:00

Might be a blessing in disguise Steeeve, Walters and Rocky are made out of rice paper.

Cpt · 31/05/2018 at 21:21

Avoided the carnage again. Must have kissed a chinaman on the dick in a passed life?

Sorry Floz, it’s a superstition thing not a gay thing.

Derek · 31/05/2018 at 23:08

I thought it was ‘kissed on the dick by a fairy’

Florence Maxwell · 01/06/2018 at 10:10

Casual racism and homophobia, what a delightful combo. It's enough to make me want to go back to SC Paige for advice.

Instube APK · 31/05/2018 at 22:17

very interesting post, Thanks for sharing such useful information here, I must visit your site for more in the future.

Kane Dudgeon · 01/06/2018 at 11:53

awesome post!
only problem is – everyone you named as a potential VC or C i have! so many decisions…only 2 possible outcomes, well 3. the third being I completely bugger it up!!
Sydney VS Carlton
Isaac Heeny will probably run amok in the forward/midfield as most of carlton's defense will trying to stop the Franklin Dam from bursting out!
WBD vs Melbourne
tough call – loads of ball winners, too many good horses in the race to risk a punt. Gawn has no competition.
Hawks vs Portslide
"IF" Ports midfield can feed Robbie Gray, he could have a partay!!
GoldCoast Vs Geelong
P Dangerfield 3 Votes
Essendone vs Richmond
No real winner here – lots of "maybe" if i was drunk…
West Coast vs St Kilda
J Darling vs D Webster – tight fight – andrew Gaff – could be a good bet for VC
NthM vs Lions
agreed – Zorko or Beams to get off the chain – Ben Brown is another option
Gotwood vs Freo
Fyfe vs Treloar – tough call – Brodie vs Sandilands…..
Adel vs Great Western Singers
Coniglio – as an outside captain choice

Da_Boysh · 01/06/2018 at 12:23

i want to go Macrae into Danger..

I have titch, gawn fyfe etc..

Somebody change my mind why should i not go macrae

JohnDJ59 · 01/06/2018 at 13:39

The Dees will tag Macrae, they have a good history this year, keeping the guns to not huge scores, were the first to stop Titch.

Da_Boysh · 01/06/2018 at 13:52

mmm good point..

Now i need to decide whether to risk it

JohnDJ59 · 01/06/2018 at 15:54

Why not Danger into Fyfe, then if Danger goes big, use your loophole.

Da_Boysh · 01/06/2018 at 16:03

I don’t rate Fyfe this week I think. Sandi out etc. just not sure

RobDog · 01/06/2018 at 18:06

Macrae playing Saturday, so you get a look at who your op's have picked. Then make the call, either play safe and match, or risk it for the biscuit and vc Jack.

RobDog · 01/06/2018 at 18:00

Murphy named for Crows.

Jacob · 01/06/2018 at 19:05

Fml duman and murphy in this week means i cant loop vc/c. Im thinking i captain gawn but would love others thoughts. Fyfe, danger, gawn, titch, dusty or cripps???

Jacob · 01/06/2018 at 19:06

Need to field 1 out of holman, phillips, t.smith, spargo or guelfi…. thoughts community? Cheers!