add_filter('comment_flood_filter', '__return_false');

CHEAT SHEET AND CAPTAIN’S CORNER

Published by Damo on

Things are starting to heat up community!

Strange things are starting to happen. Zorko the Not-So-Magnificent has not only crashed down to Earth, it’s almost as if he has disappeared off the face of the Supercoach landscape completely. West Coast have won 5 on the trot, and North Melbourne are in the top 8. The face of footy is changing. And we’re right in the middle of it, community.

Still no sign of Kelly, and Sloane and Ryder are still out. Buddy, Kreuzer and Greene are all goneski for another week. In the words of almost every Supercoach player ever – CARNAGE! Damo and I locked horns last week, and while I celebrated my win pretty manically until Wednesday morning, I had to be dragged back down to reality when I realised that he is still ranked 809. And me? Well, let’s just say it’s 5 digits and be done with it. Whether that means 10,000th or 99,999th, you’ll never know. I hope…

Top 10 Supercoach Scores

1. Max Gawn – 168 (10 points)
  2. Lachie Neale – 151 (9 points)
  3. Adam Treloar – 149 (8 points)
  4. Jeremy Howe – 149 (8 points)
  5. Justin Westhoff – 147 (6 points)
  6. Marcus Bontempelli – 145 (5 points)
  7. Patrick Cripps – 143 (4 points)
  8. Isaac Smith – 143 (4 points)
  9. Jack Macrae – 141 (2 points)
  10. Brad Ebert – 139 (1 point)

Leaderboard

1. Max Gawn – 21
  2. Tom Mitchell – 20
  3. Nat Fyfe – 18
  4. Dustin Martin – 16
  5. Kade Simpson – 13
  6. Patrick Cripps – 12
  7. Brodie Grundy – 12
  8. Robbie Gray – 11
  9. Jarrod Lyons – 10
  10. Justin Westhoff – 10

We have a new leader and it is none other than The Walking Beard. Gawn’s mammoth score against Matty Leunberger has earned him a spot just above Tom Mitchell, which is fitting considering he towers over nearly everyone on the leaderboard. Patty Cripps has sprung into equal 6th with a big score against the Bulldogs, and Justin Westhoff has brought his tally up to 10 with a big game from him. There are many players on 10 points, so for the sake of space I’m only including Westhoff and Lyons due to them gaining ranking points in 2 separate weeks, rather than just one monster score. Sorry Brandon Parfitt, maybe next year mate!

Captain Choices

Geelong vs Greater Western Sydney

Friday 4 May 7:50PM – GMHBA

Last time they met: Geelong 15.13.103 def. GWS 8.11.59

Top 5 Scores: P Dangerfield 163, S Menegola 143, C Ward 136, S Selwood 128, M Duncan 125

With Patrick Dangerfield playing on a Friday night, can you really afford to not VC him? All your friends will, and you really can’t afford to be the one who misses out if he goes massive. Don’t think about it, just do it. There’s a good chance you won’t even have to select a captain this week.

Western Bulldogs vs Gold Coast

Saturday 5 May 1:45PM – Mars Stadium

Last time they met: Western Bulldogs 16.14.110 def. Gold Coast 8.8.56

Top 5 Scores: M Wallis 124, L Hunter 116, L Picken 115, L Dahlhaus 115, S Biggs 109

Jack Macrae is tearing the roof off the 2018 season so far, with a 141 on the weekend, an average of 122.5 and an average against Gold Coast of 120.8. The Bulldogs should be looking to turn their season around, with Gold Coast on the weekend and Brisbane Lions the week after, so expect Macrae to be one of the frontrunners of that. Good Vice Captain option. If you wanted to go the other way, Jarrod Witts had been in terrific form before his matchup against Adelaide last week. With a depleted Bulldogs ruck stock, Witts should be able to dominate English and Trengove in the air.

Essendon vs Hawthorn

Saturday 5 May 2:10PM – MCG

Last time they met: Essendon 17.14.116 def. Hawthorn 12.19.91

Top 5 Scores: D Heppell 152, Z Merrett 126, B Goddard 123, T Mitchell 116, B McEvoy 106

I hate to say it, but Essendon are terrible. We really are. I’m not writing us out of this game by any means, but I think we will struggle if Hawthorn bring their A-game. And their A-game is led by none other than Tom Mitchell. Essendon don’t have any taggers, so Mitchell will probably prance around and rack up ungodly amounts of touches. He’s a fairly safe VC choice. If Matthew Leunberger is the starting ruckman again, Ben McEvoy could also be a good pick again. He had a stellar game on the weekend and should back that up again this week, so lock him in. (If Bellchambers is back, I wouldn’t still pick McEvoy so use your best judgement).

West Coast vs Port Adelaide

Saturday 5 May 4:35PM – Optus Stadium

Last time they met: Port Adelaide 18.12.120 def. West Coast 13.10.88

Top 5 Scores: J Westhoff 136, P Ryder 129, B Ebert 115, C Dixon 115, R Gray 110

Nic Nat with no Paddy Whack? Give the dog the bone already! Nic Naitanui will dominate in the ruck this week, and the fact that West Coast seem to be on the way up would be encouraging for Eagles fans. Nic Nat will start getting more and more midfield time, because while Lycett has been in exceptional form, he’s still second string. More minutes = more Supercoach points. Lock him in for a dominant display in front of a home crowd.

Sydney vs North Melbourne

Saturday 5 May 7:25PM – SCG

Last time they met: Sydney 18.12.120 def. North Melbourne 11.12.78

Top 5 Scores: N Newman 151, J Kennedy 136, D Hannebery 134, I Heeney 130, S Reid 127

Are North Melbourne good? It’s a little bit confusing. 3 wins already says they’re tracking along nicely, but I’m having a hard time getting the cognitive part of my brain to entertain the idea that North aren’t a bottom 2 side. Regardless, Sydney is better, and there’s one man we can turn to when Sydney need to stamp their authority. Enter Josh P Kennedy. Kennedy has had a rather ordinary start to the season, but tonned up for the first time on the weekend and has a history of starting sluggish. A lot of coaches are trading in JPK this week, and with a 3-game average against North of 129, you could be very well served to give him a debut captain’s game.

Adelaide vs Carlton

Saturday 5 May 8:10PM – Adelaide Oval

Last time they met: Adelaide 13.11.89 def. Carlton 12.5.77

Top 5 Scores: B Gibbs 142, M Crouch 132, P Cripps 126, S Docherty 122, B Crouch 121

If you have a look at the top 5 scores last time these teams met, you’ll notice they are all midfielders or play a midfielder-escent role (Docherty). This game is going to be won out of the middle. And for me, Bryce Gibbs is the man to captain in his debut game against Carlton. He started off the season terrifically, and with Matt Crouch working his way back into it and Rory Sloane out of the side, Gibbs should be able to know Carlton’s game style well enough to capitalise and win the ball out of the middle, and set up some goals in what will probably be an absolute whitewash.

Richmond vs Fremantle

Sunday 6 May 1:10PM – MCG

Last time they met: Richmond 25.5.155 def. Fremantle 7.9.51

Top 5 Scores: N Fyfe 142, K Lambert 133, B Houli 132, S Grigg 130, D Martin 130

David Mundy? Maybe? Please? Mundy kicked the game winning goal against the tigers earlier last year, and while I would love if that happened again (as would Damo), I don’t think it’s feasible to captain the old man. Dustin Martin on the other hand? Lock him in. Nat Fyfe will also be a good choice, but Bailey Banfield couldn’t possibly tame the beast that is Dusty Martin. If Banfield tags him, you might as well not even worry about a VC. Dusty’s your man, back him in for a big game.

St Kilda vs Melbourne

Sunday 6 May 3:20PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: Melbourne 14.12.96 def. St Kilda 10.12.72

Top 5 Scores: C Pederson 137, N Jones 128, J Billings 112, B Longer 108, M Hibberd 107

I watched and wrote up a report on this game in the preseason, and I can tell you, I was almost falling asleep. I occupied myself by spending a lot of time in the line at the canteen, because the cold sausage rolls were more excting than this game. What a bore. Christian Petracca killed it, but he’s out with another dog-related injury (or did he get into a bar fight?), so the only one I would recommend from this game is the great Max Gawn. Absolutely, single-handedly, categorically destroyed St Kilda in the preseason, and no doubt he’ll do it again this week. This man just loves wreaking havoc on the Supercoach landscape. Lock him in for a monster score.

Brisbane vs Collingwood

Sunday 6 May 4:40PM – Gabba

Last time they met: Collingwood 18.21.129 def. Brisbane 13.6.84

Top 5 Scores: A Treloar 141, D Zorko 130, S Pendlebury 130, D Beams 127, B Grundy 120

Brodie Grundy and Stef Martin are locking horns this week in what will be a Clash of the Titans. I wouldn’t captain either of them, I can’t see either going over 115 Supercoach points. Dayne Zorko has been terrible, so you probably shouldn’t even have him in your team anymore, let alone captain him. If you’re going to pick anyone from this game, pick Scott Pendlebury. He has scored a total of 400 points over his last 3 games against Brisbane, and should be a key figure in what will probably be a humiliation of the home side. Lock him in if you have him, these are the games which earn him the nickname ‘DePendlebury’.

Post MaSloane’s Top 8 (Non-Dangerfield) Captain Picks

• Nic Naitanui
  • Scott Pendlebury
  • Max Gawn
  • Dustin Martin
  • Jack Macrae
  • Ben McEvoy
  • Josh P Kennedy
  • Bryce Gibbs

The Cheat Sheet

Okay, okay. So my Friday night jinx didn’t actually jinx the Bulldogs last week. But I swear, that’s my first correct Friday night tip and a very long time.

Who are you putting the captaincy on this week community?

Notify of
guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
????????

Need help i have 23 trades and 645k feedback would help 🙂

laird, yeo, finalysion, doedee, murray,bonner ( naughton, murphy)

fyfe, dusty, cripps, mitchell, coniglio, kelly, banfield, holman, ( coffield, barry, brodie)

gawn, nic nat, ( cameron)

heeney, smith, petracca, billings, firstch,crowden ( fogarty, ahern)

Derek

Bonnar and Holman out

Danger and Oliver in

Errol

Billings out Holman out macrae in Robbie grey in

Pauly

Bonner is a gonner maybe consider howe, hurley or simpson
You could get a performing player for bullings

Patch

You blokes are rippers. Jimmy Webster an intriguing one and at a very nice price for those looking to upgrade Riley Bonner. Hmmmmmm

Brim_Cat

Looks an even better prospect now that Roberton has been ruled out for the season!

redherringfc

I’m jumping on board with jpk. 441k is just too good to knock back.

As for captain, Fyfe into Gawn. I’ll keep an eye on the live scores and know by half time weather to take Fyfe or go with Gawn.

SC_Sixty6

Be careful with that. Fyfe was 50 odd at qtr time last week to finish on 114.

redherringfc

Yeah I know. I think I’ll get close to three quarter time. I might end up with Danger VC, as per your earlier post.

SC_Sixty_6

1 dominant 4th quarter in a high profile game does't make a player a must have! Look at his decline last season and the start of this year. Although JPK is cheap, getting a player who would likely only average 100 in the mids isn't enough

redherringfc

I know jpk isn’t a must have, but he is exceptional value at the moment.

I’ve used hardly any trades to date. He will either be upgraded near seasons end for a decent profit or sit on the pine.

You know when a trade feels right and for me, this one does.

ATeam12345

Instead of Kennedy, I would wait until Zorko bottoms out completely, he's sure to bounce back and prob be a straight swap for Brayshaw at this rate.
Get Zerret this round. Still good value.

redherringfc

I’m going Zorko to jpk.

Already have Merrett.

Sydney mids worry me.

Wedge

I think a rule should be never to start with Sydney mids. The Swans tend to start really poorly but come to life in the back half of the season

Shake_n_Bake_

Rd 14 bye.

Soothsayer

Could jpk get the Jacobs tag and go missing?

FranklinShow

Brilliant as always!!

I read somehwere Big Kruze has trained strongly this wk and is a big chance to return. Believe afl.com.

As for my dilema – i desperately need wins in cash league so cant afford to carry Walters. Going to trade to a mid.

Macrae, Cripps, Matt Crouch – what does community feel is the better option?

redherringfc

I won’t go near Cripps. I missed his bargain starting price and refuse to pay overs for him.

Macrae was Mr Consistency last year, right up to the point when I traded him in. Those scars haven’t healed yet, so I’m not going to recommend him.

That leaves Crouch. Eventually he’ll make it into my team and he’s the one I’d recommend out of those 3.

Ja191

he's only appreciated 36k off his starting price which was cheap. For a guy that could very well average 120 that's a bargain. Coming straight into my team (cripps that is)

redherringfc

I hadn’t checked his price, but knew he was scoring well. I’m surprised he’s only gone up that much.

I’m still going to steer clear, too much value to be had elsewhere.

SC_Sixty_6

Sounds like you want to trade in a bloke who scored 2, 140's in a row and because of that must trade him in. Did you have this optimism after his back to back 90's? Don't think he's at a Dangerfield level and would keep up 120+ week in week out. At least doesn't have the historical data backing him.

Be careful trading in players who have likely already had there highest score(s) for the season, law of averages will go against you. Not saying he's a bad pick, but the 30% of teams have an advantage over you getting him cheaper. Especially when there's a few similar scoring players in Bont, Neale, Merrett substantially cheaper available, as well as Crouch next week.

Whatyasmokin

3 scores this year of 130+ and against good teams in my opinion Cripps is looking like a top mid this year. 570K aint too bad.

SC_Sixty6

Flog fake sixty ^^^^^^ get your own name and reputation

karlos

That's sounds a bit off to me… You wont go near Cripps, who's currently no. 3 total points midfielder, coz you didn't start with him when he was bargin priced. hes only gone up 30k

Cripps and Macrae both have round 12 bye. Both avg'ing 120 and priced under 600k. I would say both are good picks.
Crouch has round 14 bye, which is shared with many other prems. also still has a high BE. maybe wait a couple weeks.

redherringfc

Yeah, they’re good picks, but for me they miss the cut.

Top mids at finals time for me are Danger, Dusty, Mitchell, Oliver, Merrett, Kelly, Fyfe and Crouch.

going on last year, Macrae will fade. Cripps might beat one of my picks, but I’m backing them in.

Errol

Matt crouch BE is huge wait two weeks for him

SC_Sixty6

Can't go past Danger for who have him. Because we all know go without the VC on him and he will destroy you. Or maybe this year we won't be seeing the old danger. Titch will be my Cap. As was said bombers have no tagger so I too expect 38 disposals minimum from Tommy!

Lazza

Can’t see Hickey dampening Gawn’s performance.. Danger into Gawn for me.

Krups

Gee tough one this week. So many combos.
Danger into Dusty
Danger into Mitchell
Danger into Gawn
Mitchell into Dusty
Mitchell into Gawn
Dusty into Gawn

Corey

Danger to Gawn I would go with!

Titch into Gawn.

Holty01

Same

Russty_

Agree…stuff Danger this week, coach wants to make him a stay at home forward.

Titch into Gawn, stop copying me John 🙂

JohnDJ59

Interesting, since we are playing each other in 'Guns and Rookies' this week. You should have no worries beating me since I am in double downgrade mode.

Dusty into Gawn!

BrownlowBoy

Any suggestions community?

119k in the bank and 26 trades.

Laird, Sicily, Hibberd, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray, Naughton, Murray
Dangerfield, Mitchell, Fyfe, Oliver, Coniglio, Kelly, Holman, Banfield, Brayshaw, Higgins, Barry
Gawn, Nankervis, Olango
Heeney, Gray, Walters, Smith, Billings, Fritsch, Langdon, Henry

Jeff

Its probably your last chance to get Cripps in at this price so maybe paint the fence and trade out Holman and Murray (or Brayshaw and swing Finlayson to Mid) and bring in Cripps and Duman.

Mike

How long do i hold J . KELLY. BUDDY AND PETRACCA for all 3 are killing me ehen the bloddy are thery all coming back . Im getting flogged in every league

Ahmad rubas

have to keep all 3 i reckon if you arent facing a donut

Corey

Should We Trade Walters
for me my bench cover is Henry and Garlett with langdon and Fritsch on the field

Cogla13

I'm holding him. Freo have a late game this week so he will be my captains loop.

????????

Need help i have 23 trades and 645k

bonner for who and should i get rid of petracca

Corey

Bonner To Cole Free up some cash!
Hold Petracca

Corey

Who is in your backline?

????????

laird, yeo, finalysion, doedee, murray,bonner ( naughton, murphy)

gawn, nic nat, ( cameron)

heeney, smith, petracca, billings, firstch,crowden ( fogarty, ahern)

Corey

Hurley is a reliable option

dazzler

You have to go up with bonner only having 2 premos DEFS. dont downgrade maybe go up to simpson

Shake_n_Bake_

Sicily

ROB14

Trade in Mitchell, Treloar or Cripps? Can't decide!!?

redherringfc

Mitchell is a must, the others not so much.

He’s also near the lowest price he will be, at least for some time.

Whatyasmokin

With a BE of 156 I reckon he could drop down to 550K, that saying he is a must have and could actualky hit near his BE anyway.

SC_Sixty_6

What redherringfc said! Mitchell at 600k is a must have. Treloar and Cripps at that price, not so much

Russty_

Did you think of that profile name yourself or are you impersonating SC_Sixty6… and if so, why?
I can't take you seriously knowing that you only did that for trolling purposes.

Willymack1234

Crippa or Oliver what do we recon fellas?

Krups

Cripps

Derek

Oliver is locked in top 8. Cripps is a maybe.

I posted this before. Melb next 10 games, only 2 against top 8 teams, play saints and dogs twice.

That is a large factor many overlook, good advice should average 115+

SC_Sixty_6

Oliver any day of the week, cheaper, better and more of a pod

will

both.

Cogla13

Cripps may suit your bye structure better.

Eric_the_Red

Is it worth bringing in Sicily for Walters and then trading buddy to Heeney or perhaps a mid like Bont or Kennedy?

Derek

You will score a lot more points. That is name of the game.

I don’t have either Buddy or Walters. If I did, I would hold Buddy think he will play next week, but I would 100% trade Walters…. easy to say when I don’t have him.

SC_Sixty_6

If you still have a healthy amount of trades left, go for it. Walters for Sicily great trade, gain money and heaps of on field points

Jordan

Greene to McLean?

TOPHAWK1

Do it. Great trade.

Henry

horrible decision. BE 122 wait a week

Russty_

Hey guys, anyone trading Petracca out?…I'm thinking about it lol, not too happy with his scoring.

JohnDJ59

I'm keeping him, I've traded too many players due to injury and poor form already.

Russty_

Hi John, you're probably right..just don't know if he's premo material yet, and if not will probably have to be traded out eventually anyway.

JohnDJ59

I'll be happy to have him as my F6 at the end, I'm down to 20 trades, so now is the time to reign in the trading, I've done my correction trades (3) and hopefully most of my injury trades (3) for now. Time to double down this week and next to make use of the bubble boys, then look at the premos come the byes.

Russty_

Sounds like good sense John, who you bringing in this week mate?

JohnDJ59

Hi Russty, my two trades for this week are, Coffield to Duman and Walters to Spargo. Next week I will be looking at Mutch and Ronke.

You looking to have a million bucks in the bank at round 9 John?..lol

JohnDJ59

Yes, ready for my premo buying spree.

TommyC99

That sounds good In theory, but don’t you reckon it may cost you possible league matches along with ranking hits? In the 2-3 weeks you could have upgraded, but didn’t will cost you quite a lot of points

Sc_Wow

Yeah it definitely will. People doing smart 1 up 1 downs will be getting premos in faster and still generating enough cash

JohnDJ59

Hi Tommy and Wow, I know I am going against what I normally do,I up 1 down, but my season is already toast, rank 28,862 compared to 5,470 this time last year and only 15pts less. So I thought I would try something different, go for the bubble boys when available, keep the cash generation going, look at the premos only when they have bottomed out. I have already conceded I will lose league matches and points for up to four weeks, but will have a war chest ready for picking the premos up during the byes.

Whatyasmokin

Id be really analysing job security for all four of thosevand look at 2 or 3 of them at the very most.

neil demons delight

i would be keeping Walters JOHN only 2-3 weeks

Ahmad rubas

im not trading him if he isnt in this week he is certain to play for round 8 it seems and although he his scoring is not amazing i would have to trade billings first before petracca but im not trading him either. im taking a very conservative approach with 27 trades left i plan to start being a bit more aggresive come the bye rounds considering i didnt plan very well for my bye structure lol

Russty_

Hi Ahmad..how are you travelling rank-wise so far with having not traded much so far?
Yeah must admit I don't plan too well for byes either but I'm starting to think about it more now, you can really slip down the rankings with 1 or 2 bad bye rounds.

Ahmad rubas

My rank is terrible currently at 35k atm but I'm going to fix my 2 mistakes in the coming weeks and I will bring in titch round 8 and assess dusty after the north game once I bring those 2 in I'll need 3 more premo defenders 2 more premo forwards and a final premo midfielder

JohnDJ59

Hey Russty, Tracca is av 85, was hoping for 90 – 95, so he's getting there, for what we paid for him that's not too bad, worth keeping for now, if he is your main problem then you are going alright.

Russty_

Hey John, yeah I came to my senses, just did Holman to Spargo and Bonner to Yeo…happy to be rid of Bonner and to acquire Yeo's services.
Tracta could surprise us all and still average 100 at season's end 🙂 also, he was playing with a sore finger last week..lucky he didn't have to get it cut off!

Yeo before Hurley ?

Russty_

Yeh for sure mate, cheaper, higher ceiling too I think and that's with a 27 included. Also, Eagles are looking good this year and Bombers aren't.
In the end, I'd like Hurley too though John.

JohnDJ59

I agree with the higher ceiling part, but going on that 27 could also have a bigger downside as well. Hurley seems nice and consistent a bit like Pendles who I am looking at as a mid POD.

Russty_

I think Yeo was used as a tagger that week, for some strange reason, don't think it'll happen again, other than that week, Yeo's been more consistent than Hurley.. by 10 points per week.

JohnDJ59

That's a bit cheeky Russty, taking out Yeo's lowest score.

Artistic licence mate haha

Russty_

Pendles is a sneaky pod pick this year…could end up doing what he has always done.

JohnDJ59

I think so, I'm looking at him and Bont as my first upgrade in the mids, I like the fact they are hopefully playing in round 14. Pendles could be back to being Mr Dependable, getting those 100 -110 scores each week, Bont probably has a higher ceiling, but like Yeo could pull out some 70 -80 scores as well.

THE SALTSHAKER

keeping petracca, trading walters > mclean, happy to trade him back in if showing form

THE SALTSHAKER

when he is $400k

Shake_n_Bake_

Have Henry as Emg Friday night, alot rides on that for me!

TOPHAWK1

Great cheat sheet Damo! I like your ruck recommendations. I have them both.

Time to burn another 2 trades this week.

I will probably be shouted down again. But that is OK.

Yes, it's true, I have decided to trade in James Sicily. (* Did not start with him)

We all know he struggles to behave inside a lolly shop, let alone on the footy field, but the bloke can play some serious hardcore footy.

At his current price of $448K and a BE of 33 you simply can not take notice.

The downside risk is that he will have another onfield meltdown and cop another week or two. The upside is that he starts to "get it" and starts to show his footy prowess and let that do the behaving.

Allen Christensen- OUT
James Sicily- IN

Ahmad rubas

yeah im tempted to bring him in as well his scoring potential is amazing considering the role he plays in the hawthorn side

Russty_

Shout shout!…lol jump on the Rollercoaster mate, had him from the start ..hope he pulls his head in from now on , who was your other trade this week?

TOPHAWK1

Hi Russty!

Thanks mate! Still working on round two trades this week. Hint: Focus will be the backline.

Cheers Russty!

We WA boys think alike!

Russty_

Hey mate, I'm not sure what to do this week trade-wise, I have Bonner, Christensen, Hogan and Petracca, Hogan might miss too. Maybe I should double downgrade and bank up!

Brim_Cat

Smart trade mate, after a lot of thought,i am also bringing sicily in. Fingers crossed he doesn't have another brain fade!!

Russty_

The fingers crossed is the hard part Brimcat..hope Flogily has finally learned not to let his Team down.

Brim_Cat

His team, and ours!!

Amen to that!

SC_Sixty_6

Lachie Neale vs Zach Merrett? What does the community think? Merrett is almost 20k cheaper so leaning towards him, but both are bargains at the current price's

ATeam12345

I'm in the same predicament…. Either of those 2 would only cost me 1 trade.
Cripps would cost me 2 (up down)

Brim_Cat

Couldnt go wrong with either, id pick zerrett personally

Whatyasmokin

Neale please Id rather less have merrett.

THE SALTSHAKER

depends whose better for your byes, bombers had tough training session apparently very physical trying to turn year around

SC_Sixty6

Get your own name flog.

Corey

Walters To McLean?
Or Hold leaving me with three onfield rookies

TOPHAWK1

Hi Corey. Nice trade mate.

Walters will miss plenty of weeks. His injured knee was already strapped on game day.

There are SERIOUS issues with that knee. I would not be surprised if he needs a knee reconstruction.

Russty_

Has his diagnosis changed from the 2-3 weeks Hawk?..haven't been keeping up with the news lately.

Derek

I’m with TH. Did the knee last year, clearly hurt same knee, it not fixed, long season ahead, I’d be worried if I had him.

Tommo

Who do I trade Tom Lynch to?
Can afford anyone

Russty_

Post you fwd line Tommo..that'll help with suggestions from others.

Tommo

Buddy Heeney Petracca Lynch Christensen Guelfi (Fritsch Henry)

Russty_

I reckon Mclean's a good pick ..good chance Petracca misses this week also, so Fritsch will have to be onfield..maybe Henry too if Buddy misses again. (Buddy listed as 1-2 weeks)
Carnage fwd line mate, my sympathies.

Tommo

I’m liking McLean at the moment. He’s playing quite well and has a consistent role

Thanks for the advice

Anytime mate…good luck.

Derek

Get the other Tom Lynch. If your lucky it might not cost you a trade 😉

Russty_

I had the other Lynch last year and he was doing well, until he got redhaired fever and got sick!

Brim_Cat

Mclean (Safer) or Sicily (Value) i reckon Tommo

Aka, Mclean safer and Sicily, very unsafe 🙂

Willy

Thoughts appreciated on team after trading Banfield > Duman & Billings > Cripps (21 trades rem./125 k in bank)
DEFENDERS
Bench- L. Lavender
FORWARDS
I. Heeney// D. Smith//J. Sicily
B. Fritsch//J. Henry//Z. Giles-Langdon
Bench- C. Petracca// J. Higgins

Russty_

Giday Willy, your Mids are strong but your Backs and Forwards are a bit thin still mate..especially your backs.
I reckon I'd paint the fence with Holman to Spargo (gives you a fwd swinger) and Murray to a premo, maybe Hurley or Yeo.
Maybe get Higgins onfield too over Henry.

Whatyasmokin

Finlayson should be on field has been scoring well. Forwardline looks most thin to me as rookies have been scoring reasonably in the backline.

Willy

The only problem is that forwards are a bit volatile and unclear at the moment (except for Gray who I'll pick up after the bye). Wouldn't mind for the dust to settle and to pick them up in 3-4 weeks time just pre-bye, when it emerges who is definitely going to be worth picking up- (i.e. Buddy when he's back from injury)
Might hold Billings for now and upgrade Murray to Hurley now instead(?)

StevoRivo

Best mid trade in this week out of the below?

Oliver, M.Crouch, Selwood, Zerret, Bont, Pendles, JPK?

JohnDJ59

This week, either Pendles or Bont.

Whatyasmokin

Zerrett, Selwood, Oliver, Pendles, Crouch, JPK, Bont. My order of best picks this week looking at predicted performance and a large emphasis on value.

StevoRivo

Zerrett concussion affected form does concern me. Great value now though. Perhaps I stick to Zerrett now and Crouch next week?

Whatyasmokin

His 3 round average is 110 which is in line with last year? Hes a bargain people have doubted him many times and regretted it!

Russty_

Got a feeling Pendles isn't done yet..has been flying under the radar, all good choices though…not sure whether JPK is past his best or not.

Whatyasmokin

Yep liking the low ownership of Pendles and Selwood…….but are they yesterday's heroes of SC? Time will tell both great options

StevoRivo

Yeah not sure they can last the season but good value picks right now. Still leaning to the value in Zerrett if it helps me get to Crouch next week.

Sc_Wow

Neale

Shake_n_Bake_

Consider the bye rds alot of rd 14 players there.

TheBenchmark25

Thinking I might have to throw omeara out the door. He did his job and made over 100k whilst throwing a nice 145 in a timely round. Poor BE and many nice plump premiums on the rise
Time to go shopping
21 trades left after using two this round and 5 rookies left on field and billings not exactly a keeper 150k in the bank
How's everyone else looking with trades and rookies on field

JohnDJ59

I've been busy with correction and injury trades so still have nine rookies on field, twenty trades left, building my war chest ready for getting in premos during the byes.

Russty_

Hi Bench..I'm currently fielding 6 rookies and have 22 trades left after this week, yeah unfortunately you could probably count Billings as a rookie lately.

Whatyasmokin

Yep omeara straight to Cripps for me cant ignore his scoring when hes in form.

Hinch

Beautiful community, assistance required!

Walters… I have both Crowden and Giles-Langdon on the bench as cover. I have 24 trades left after doing one this week (J. Kelly to Treloar due to holding Kelly long enough and he’s still going to be a couple of weeks I think)

Walters hold, now he’s Down to 2-3 weeks and not 3-4, or trade for someone like McLean?

And if I hold, should my other trade be looking to get Cole in? Is cole a must have rookie? I’d Probably cut Coffield for him.

Russty_

Hi Hinch, not sure if Cole is a must have..he's expensive so won't make a huge amount of cash, Walters to Mclean will keep the good points coming in and he's round 14 bye friendly. Depends on if you're playing for rank or leagues, if it's rank, trade, and if Leagues you could wait and see how he recovers. Bear in mind Walters has missed a lot of games from injury.

Corey

Another thing to add with Walters is following the round 14 bye depending on how many games he’s played, he would have dropped a very large amount, closer to 400K a great upgrade target to complete your side

Russty_

For sure Corey, I'll be targeting him later in the season if he's banging out good scores and stays fit.

TommyC99

Thoughts on these trades?
Banfield – Duman
Holman – Oliver

Was going to go Cripps due to his bye but Oliver is too hard to ignore and still has a decent bye (only got cogs with same bye in mids)

Whatyasmokin

Pretty solid expect Holman to be a slow burn if wanting more cash out of him plus he has the bye.

What_Bear

Hi guys,

Need some community advice improve my team. 24 trades and 94K in the bank

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray (Coffield, Murphy)
Mids: Danger, Dusty, Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Kelly, Holeman ( Garlett, Banfield, Barry)
Ruck: Gawn, Nank (Olango
Fwds: Heeney, Billings, Sicily, Fritch, Higgins, Guelfi (Greene, Henry)

I would like to add a forward, but can's see a rookie worth moving on

Maybe Garlett to duman, via DPP to free up some cash, but not sold on job security.

This week is making my brain hurt

Russty_

Easy mate…get rid of Greene for Mclean..and look to get another forward in next week, you can't have 2 rookies onfield in the fwd line..let alone 3., or get rid of Garlett also this week for Spargo, you could play him onfield.

JohnDJ59

If it was my team I would be downgrading Greene to Spargo and upgrading Garlett to either Oliver, Pendles or Bont.

What_Bear

If Garlett isn't picked, it opens up a nice loophole with Holeman and Banfield. I can work with that.

What_Bear

Thanks for the advice all. Wanted to hold Greene, but not knowing how long he will likely miss is probably what is hurting my head 🙂 Time to sleep on it, but looking like Bye Bye Tobias!!!!!

JohnDJ59

The trades that Brim and Russty recommended work as well, couldn't go wrong with either.

Russty_

Yours are valid too John, he could also take Holman out instead of Garlett if Garlett's named.

bambam

Going Macrae over Danger. Feels all kind of wrong but Macrae is average 10 more and 45k cheaper. Can he keep it up?

redherringfc

I don’t think he can.

Whatyasmokin

Feels wrong? Then most likely is.

DavidC

Danger cheap at the moment. Paying top $ for Macrae but he does have a good bye.

Goose

Thinking along the same lines. Was looking at Danger but Macrae and even Joel Selwood are interesting to select.
If Danger shakes his niggles his ceiling as we know is massive, question is does he get back to his best this year or not. Maybe wait another week and re assess, he will drop a little further in price

Ja191

Hey community, have Walters was thinking going either
1 – Garlett to spargo, banfield up to cripps
2 – Walters to mclean, banfield to a midfielder 540k or less
Will leave me with 21 trades going for rank, thanks a lot!

Whatyasmokin

Going for rank gotta ditch Walters I reckon. Selwood is only 530k.

Westy

Current team has some forward injury issues (not as bad as some) so it will be interesting to see what comes out in the team lists.

Laird, Savage, Hibberd, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray (Murphy, Keeffe)
Fyfe, Martin, Mitchell, Macrae, Cripps, Conliglio, Kelly, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry)
Gawn, Nankervis (English)
Hogan, D Smith, Waterman, Henry, Higgins (just you wait), Guelfi (Franklin, Deledio)

$385K in bank and 23 trades.

I have a nasty feeling Hogan will miss and I'll cop a donut in the forwards.

Will Keeffe finally get on field with Deledio out? Could bring in Cole there. Without the FWD issue, I'd have gone
OUT Brayshaw, Keeffe
IN Merrett, Cole or Duman

But now I'm tempted more to lose one of Hogan, Deledio or Franklin for a McLean or Robinson. I don't want Sicksilly because his anger issues are more likely to break out than Deledio's body is to break down. 😉 I just think Deledio has a lot more to give this year.

Whatyasmokin

Deledio will miss more games through injury than sicily will lose through suspension, and he's top flog these days.

Great player with lots of skill, otherwise wouldnt be playing right now, sadly hasnt produced over 18 games in a season since 2013.

Only 4 games last year, 11 the year before………you get the picture.

Westy

Despite his floggishness, and partly because Guelfi was out as well, I eventually picked Sicily to replace Deledio. Can't really pass him up averaging over 100 at 448K when there are so few FWDs or DEFs cracking the ton.
The other out is Banfield for Z Merrett.

TommyC99

So was going to go Oliver, but have been seeing a bit of talk about Pendles and as a pies man, the proposition of putting him in my side is real tempting. Someone convince me that I should take Oliver pls lol

Sc_Wow

Take Pendels

TommyC99

Why’s that?

Sc_Wow

Because you want to. They are both good players. Have another think about it and decide.

TommyC99

Fair enough. My only issue is that Oliver is probably guaranteed top 10, Pendles not so much

Dildor

Odds are you're not winning 50K anyway (nothing against you just probability), so pick players that you love to watch. Supercoach makes games more interesting because you have some investment in players. If you LOVE watching pendlebury read the play in slow motion and pick his way through traffic like a pigeon on the west gate then by all means pick him, the difference in 20 weeks time probably wont be massively significant anyway.

TommyC99

Cheers for the response mate. You do make a great point. And Pendles scoring should improve since the pies look a lot Better than last year.

Steeeve

It's funny, this was my toss up in the preseason. Went Oliver and am glad I did, but Pendles has been exactly what I thought he'd be. POD too.

Derek

Adams has been out for a few weeks. I think his return will affect Pendles

TommyC99

With Adams in the side, he still basically scored 3 tons (one was a 99). Only issue is a low ceiling. Although Oliver ant have the highest of ceilings either

StevoRivo

Need some help Community. Trade time. 26 trades & $265k.

Laird, Hibberd, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray, Naughton (Coffield, Keefe);
Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Titch, Cripps, Cogs, Petracca, T. Kelly (Banfield, Holman, Garlett);
Gawn, NicNat (Olango);
Heeney, Lambert, Smith, Sicily, Fritsch, Higgins (Henry, Langdon).

Thinking Langon & Banfield to Zerrett & Duncan via DPP swings. Then somehow look to get Crouch next week. But just not sure I’m targeting the right area given the 2 x fwd rooks and defence rooks. I know the aim of the game is to premo mids first.

Any thoughts always appreciated.

StevoRivo

Trade or hold re above community?

Doc

Not sure if you'd have enough cash but you could go Banfield and Langdon to Hurley/Yeo/Simmo and Spargo via Finlayson DPP. That would leave Spargo forward though but if you wanted him in the mids just swing Petracca forward when you trade Langdon.

StevoRivo

Thanks Doc. Have the cash to do it. Nervous going early on Spargo (though he would go to the bench). Hurley or Yeo?

Derek

Langdon a good chance to play. Hold him.

If Garlet not named, has to go.

StevoRivo

Agree Derek. Garlett has been 💩

Derek

Had him onfield once this year. You can guess which week it was, same week that Holman was on my bench for the first time.

JohnDJ59

I feel your pain Derek, I did the same thing. What were we thinking.

Daniel

Hey Community!
In need of some trade help.

I have 24 trades left & $288k in the bank. Team below

Laird, Hurley, Savage, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray, (Naughton, Murphy);
Danger, Fyfe, Martin, Titch, Cripps, Oliver, T.Kelly, Holman (Banfield, Coffield, Barry);
Gawn, NicNat (Olango);
McLean, Smith, Billings, Fritsch, Fisher, Guelfi (Henry, Langdon).

I'd really like to add another premo in DEF or FWD but Merrett is good value so not sure I should miss that boat.

My concern is that i'll be near full premo in the mids with Merrett but still needing 3 FWD (possibly 4 i Billings doesn't improve) and 3 DEF

Thoughts community?

Cheers

DavidC

The two best bubble boys are in the backline so downgrade Murray or Naughton and then upgrade Holman. Can get someone like Heeney and move him forward later or Zerrett.

Daniel

Swinging in Heeney is a good option I hadn't considered as i feel that while Merrett is great value there will be other great MIDs that will pop up.

Any overwhelming reason for holman over coffield to downgrade? I know Holman is playing out of position atm but is that likely to change and is coffields score of 24 an issue?

dale

personally i dont mind holman with a BE of 35 still I'd move on barry his JS is shaky and cant score more than 40 on his good days. that for holman is a bad day its not like nicks BE is 60 odd if he can pump out a 75+ watch his BE go down again, but just my opinion.
maybe go naughton/ murray down to duman or cole (cole is pricey but has solid JS hard to put a price on that)
& barry to merrett (terrific value).

Daniel

I also don't mind Holman so I am thinking Banfield & Coffield out, Duman & one of Heeney/Merrett/Mundy/Robinson (robo is probably a trap) in.

Derek

Take the value when it is presented.

Nothing wrong with have a deep midfield, good point scoring potential, name of the game.

I’ve already got 8 premium mids. Merrett at M8.

neil demons delight

Did you trade KELLY ?

Octa

Yes he did Neil.
Is there a spot in the Demons team for Spargo when Viney re5urns?

Derek

Merrett took Kelly’s place.

One man down, another takes him place.

It was always my plan to go hard in the guts, get some points generating and see what happens.

Sam

Oliver & 80k left over
Merrett & 150k left over

Oliver would be traded in eventually I think anyway for Kelly last sport before bye, thoughts ?

Ja191

Oliver will be top 8 merrett will score well but will cop the tag and score poorly some weeks. I'd jump on oliver

judd0

I think Merrett now, Oliver later.

Just be wary they do have the same bye.

DavidSA

Merrett the best option M8 for leagues will help you get the top 6-8 defenders and forward options later on taking the extra coin.

KSinny

Thinking of downgrading Murray to either Spargo or Ronke via Keefe dpp, who would you suggest out of the two? Then I'll upgrade banfield to anyone I like. Thoughts?

Doc

NDD reckons Spargo will stay in the team for a while and Ronke will probs go out when Buddy is back so I'd go Spargo

Steeeve

Danger into Gawn and if you don't end up with a good captain's score well that's terrible luck. Good week to just go with logic.

Logic

Logic is Mitchell into Gawn.
Danger hasn't quite been himself

JugHead

Agree…….but……..I do see a tiny risk. Grundy has shin soreness after two close back to back games.
My rucks are Gawn and Nank. They both played mid week then the following weekend too.
I'm sure they are well managed but If ever there was a week for Grundy, Gawn or Nank to have a quiet one, this might be it.
Gawn will probably punch out another big number, but I'm less confident than normal. The question is, if he doesn't smash the opposition again, what is just an "average"score for him? …..115? I don't know.

JugHead

Bottom line, I'm hoping I don't have to rely on Gawn this week

John

Macrae vs Oliver

dazzler

macrae for me.

Dildor

Coin flip

Sellars1226

What's the situation on M Crouch? Is he set to drop again this week? If so my trades this week will be

Brayshaw/Kent to Higgins/Spargo which leaves me 264K to get him in next week

But if not thinking Brayshaw and Kent to JPK and Spargo

DavidSA

BE 182 says he will drop another 38k but I reckon he will score well this week and maybe drop 20-25k max.

Sellars1226

What do ya reckon should I get him in next week or trade in JPK this week?

KSinny

Wait and get Crouch

dazzler

agree you have to wait on crouch. he will still finish a top 8 mid on average i reckon

TommyC99

In the same situation, im waiting for crouch

Steeeve

If there are two good downgrade options next week (say Spargo and Ronke) I'll grab Crouch the week after that. Should drop after this game and then won't shoot up too high surely.

Macca

Hi Community
Any crows fans know if Murphy has been playing in the 2,s.
No mention of him by Barron.
Got O'conner as well and with injuries mounting up getting nervous with the byes approaching.

Placey1

Hi Guys.
I'm upgrading Banfield for Macrae and Walters to Spargo. This is my only chance to get Macrae in before he rises in price. Was thinking instead to trade out Billings for Sicily. Thoughts??

TRIGGA_HAPPY

To trade Walters to hold Walters this seems to be the question of the week.

Ans? Stuffed if I know as i have Walters the reduction in time causing havoc going from 4 plus to 2-3 even a rumour back rd 8 has really got the ol' grey matter working overtime!

Like anyone else can trade only 2 options I see for my team are sicily or mundy.

Or

Keep. Trade banfield or holman to spargo (seems to be the lad the community thinks will score well and hold his spot) and then trade Murray to Sicily. Condarnit $3k short of going banfield and holman using finlyson DPP.

Think I will keep holman one more week as only has 35 b/e but put him on the bench. Up to Crouch next week. Could go bigger than banfield who is good for a 60.

If keep have spargo, crowden, Fritsch or Henry at F6. Using DPP with Walters of course.

Inside top 1000 if that helps or hinders?

Insert thinking music….

DavidSA

I got elivator music instead
Gotta keep Walters I reckon. Only going to reduce your cash gen and increase time it will take to go full Premo

JohnDJ59

If you traded in a rookie for him, wouldn't that increase your cash generation,? although it would take longer to get to full premo.

Josh

Although it may take a little longer to get to full premo by trading Walters, the advantage of trading in another premium is you will have a 30-40 point increase in points scored weekly over the rookie that would have been fielded in Walters place. This 120 (3×40) or so points gained would be worth the extra week or two used to get to full premium. As you are in the top 1000, I would trade him out as long as you haven't wasted too many trades.

Connor

Actually I think if you trade Walters and spend $50k and get him back when his price drops it might be a $50-80k upgrade straight from a rookie – essentially totals what you would pay to get someone like R.Gray in from a rookie but minus the downgrade

Shake_n_Bake_

Had a good look at ur side last week Trigg. Im sort of in the same boat as yourself. What im doing is reeling on Henry as my emg Friday night. Hoping to hold of on trades this week then paint the fence in rd 8.

The Ranger

Been chewing over this all week Trigga.
I'm torn between trading him out for Mundy or Sicily or holding.
I'll obviously wait until teams drop but right now I'm going to hold and double downgrade some rooks this week.
I might take a points hit but it will enable me to paint the fence for the next two weeks or perhaps even double upgrade next week.
Lots of talk about the upcoming rookies but I don't see great JS for most of those one gamers.

Whitey

If your keen to keep a bit more cash, you could look at Selwood or Merrett.

DavidSA

3 Saints defenders all averaging 90+ Roberton ruled out for the year Saints getting clipped inside 50's Against
1 or 2 of these guys will most likely stay in the 90-100 range starting to think too much lol

red5

Who to trade in for Bonner?
Option 1: Duman, then I can get Mitchell
Option 2: Cole, then I could get a player like Zach Merrett , Oliver, Pendlebury, Toby McLean etc.

DavidSA

Option 1 by daylight

Red5

Thanks

Simo036

Are you planning on playing them on field? Cole if so, Duman if not.

Red5

On the bench
Thanks

anthdepa

I have 497,000 in the bank and was looking to get rid of Banfield and Naughton for Macrae and Hurn but I fall -27,000 short pretty disappointed,was looking to go big with trades this week as I've been trading my way up for this. I dropped from ranking 6,000 to 15,000 and am looking for a high ranking this year as I'm not in many strong leagues. Any tips on a different upgrade I could do? This is my team so far – DEF (Laird, Savage, Naughton, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray) – Coffield, Mirra

MID ( Mitchell, Martin, Fyfe, J.Kelly, Parker, Coniglio, T.Kelly, Holman) – Banfield, Barry, Brayshaw

RUCK (GAWN, NANK) – Cameron

FWD (Heeney, Franklin, McLean, Smith, Fritsch, Guelfi) – Henry, Giles-Langdon

anthdepa

Might trade Murray instead of Naughton,with Murray nearly reaching his breakevens.

Dildor

Cripps or oliver instead of macrae could work? Similar scoring outputs

Holty01

If u want macrae i agree with trading Murray. He has almost peaked and it seems Naughton still has a bit more money to make.

CFC

Chatlie Curnow not playing this week. He has an ankle injury, happened during training.

MRose

Danger or Cripps this week

Russty_

I'd wanna get Danger in while he's still affordable. He has to start being the regular Danger soon, aka 130+ every week.

Steeeve

Petracca 50/50. Be 'handy' if he played

Derek

No way he will play. That finger sounded real nasty