PADDY DANGERFIELD I COULD KISS YOU.

After Tom Hawkins was a (very) late out, the sight of Paddy Dangerfield running towards full forward filled me with dread – he was a POD captain in every single one of my leagues.

Yet the magnificant prick pulled out a 135 – while not quite matching his counterpart out west, it’s good to see a big old number next to P. Dangerfield’s name.

From the dizzying highs of Nathaniel ‘Teen Wolf’ Fyfe and Robbie Gray to the disappointing lows of ‘bloody’ Buddy Franklin and Tom Mitchell, the round has had it all.

That’s not to mention North upsetting the Hawks, the Dogs being absolutely dreadful and That Jake Carlisle free-kick that wasn’t – speaking of, the people who want to get rid of the draw are the same people who want a best-of-three grand final at the end of a nine-side finals series played in Uzbekistan.

Some huge talking points already coming out of round five, including:

• Is Dangerfield BACK?
  • Can we hold Bonner until his bye?
  • Has Garlett got to go?
  • How much money do I have to pay to have Nat Fyfe hold me late into the night, whsipering non sequiurs into my ear for hours on end?

All these questions and more … what are your answers at this early stage?

How are you travelling through the long, winding road that is round five?

Categories: Supercoach

Vinnie · 22/04/2018 at 19:10

Glad I had the C on Teen Wolf…. by the way, Holman is having a blinder up north, while McGovern is becoming my thorn each week.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 19:15

Holman's just gone backwards in the last, still a good score but a shame he didn't ton up.

skate or die · 22/04/2018 at 22:34

McGovern is playing with a shoulder injury

Tyler · 23/04/2018 at 16:46

How do you know skate?

Tom · 22/04/2018 at 19:36

If fritch plays I lose my Fyfe loophole, do i go Dusty, Gawn or Oliver for the C?

Ja191 · 22/04/2018 at 19:38

if you wanna be safe i'd go oliver/gawn (id go oliver) and risk i'd go dusty. Melbourne have said jones will go to dusty/cotch so could be potentially limited. Personally i'd roll the dice on dusty

Maybelline · 22/04/2018 at 19:43

No way Little Jones can handle Dusty. Dusty would pick him up and break him in half hJones will go Cotchin.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 21:31

Agree.
        The tactic jones used was to push titch under the ruckman so he couldnt scout
        the hitouts

Best of luck trying that with Dusty!
        Dont argue Nath.

Crossy · 22/04/2018 at 21:12

Im in same boat. If fritch or murray dont play ill be able to loophole danger. If not got exact same 3 to choose from

Patch · 22/04/2018 at 21:14

I can't look Dustin Martin in the eye and say "yeah nah you're not scoring 130 this week". Dusty the safer option for mine. Melbourne should have learnt after the energy spent tagging Titch cost them the game last week.

OldOcker · 22/04/2018 at 21:29

I think Fritch played VFL today. He was named on ground.

David C · 23/04/2018 at 07:24

He was named but I saw reports that he didn't play.

Hoppy · 22/04/2018 at 19:37

How did Holman score. Fanfooty gone funny?

Ja191 · 22/04/2018 at 19:39

87 before scaling

Hoppy · 22/04/2018 at 19:41

Thanks. I wonder what happened to him in th3vlast quarter?

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 21:57

Unsighted in the last quarter mate, just went missing.

hedski · 22/04/2018 at 20:25

Nice one Patch.
Danger is BACK.
Don't have Bonner.
Garlett is close to the axe/shotgun/teaspoon if I wanna be sadistic.
$7.35.

Patch · 22/04/2018 at 21:15

$7.35 is a steal, I'm in

hedski · 22/04/2018 at 21:59

Wasn't sure what a "non sequieur" is, otherwise I'd say $100/hour.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 20:29

Something has become very clear this year.
Im talkin totally transparent.

1. The mature age rookie or those that have played against the big boys are gold and should be first picked every year.

I mean look at the cows who r going gang busters-
Doodee, murray, kelly, holman, garlett, fritsch

2. Avoid selecting the high priced rookies in the draft.
Dow, LDU, Brayshaw, Cerra, Raynor

3. This is the only place to get the good stuff.

Just about all the community started with the mature rooks above and have a leg up.
Watch them moo.

Could one or more be a keeper?

In the end it is your team, listen to the crew but make your own call.
Follow your gut, take a risk and enjoy the ride.

Crowboy94 · 22/04/2018 at 20:57

Doedee and Finlayson could quite easily be keepers I reckon

Patch · 22/04/2018 at 21:18

You're a ripper, Trigga!

Concur on those points, mate. Doedee and Finlayson potentially keepers, but they may run out of steam in the back end. Certainly the last to be upgraded

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 21:23

Yeah just leave alone in def.
      Most of us started 3 rooks on field so probably only need to do one-two upgrades in def. Welcome change.

How u travelling this round patch?
      Dont think we r in any leagues together this year
      Miss ya in the happy place.
      Started bonner but think will upgrade next week. Looks to have flatlined around 65-70.

hedski · 22/04/2018 at 22:03

Are you in Brownlow Boys Sc Elites league Trigga? That has Patch, Lek and Kev in it.

Derek · 22/04/2018 at 22:08

Wookies…… with hair down there

Welcome

BadgerHoney7 · 23/04/2018 at 10:19

Personally think Cerra has been alright.

NoLanguage · 22/04/2018 at 20:36

Got a dilemma guys, Dusty or Gawn for the big C tomorrow??

gator59 · 22/04/2018 at 20:52

I think you'll be watching an imaginary game on your own tomorrow,,, I think Dusty Is due to go large against the Dees on Tuesday night !!!

Patch · 22/04/2018 at 21:16

Dusty for mine mate

NoLanguage · 22/04/2018 at 21:21

Sorry Tuesday haha. Yeah might back the Dust in, Melbourne don't have anyone to stop him

Scouser · 23/04/2018 at 19:12

Dusty for sure

Noah · 22/04/2018 at 20:51

Dusty or Oliver for Captain tomorrow?

Patch · 22/04/2018 at 21:17

Dusty for mine, Noah. Safer option but reckon Clarry could be due for another 125. Dusty could go anywhere from 120 to 160.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 21:08

Bundy Christensen was a bit ordinary today, every time I saw him with the ball he was stuffing it up somehow, and in the last quarter, went from 65 down to 54..he's been good so far but today he was shite and a bloody letdown.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 21:25

Write off as just one of those games or something more?

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 21:53

Not sure mate, I think so, got bigger fish to fry first, Bonner and some of my non playing rookies .

gator59 · 22/04/2018 at 21:55

Yeah I noticed that too Russty.. Might be time to move him on mate

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 21:59

Hey Gator, nah I'll hang on to him for a bit mate, gotta attend to some other issues, that little punk has probably cost me 3 losses against you this week though haha, well done mate.

gator59 · 22/04/2018 at 22:33

I'm not there yet mate… As you know anything is possible eg injuries

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:40

You are there I reckon, needed Bundy to get a 90 or 100.

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 00:49

Never rated Christensen but better than Bonner that's for sure.

Scouser · 23/04/2018 at 19:18

Surely weren't expecting anything different at the start Russty? I'd go back to that and assess if he's delivering what you expected then, his recent form could be creating some psychological bias to ton up every week. I reckon he's been good value in the shittiest line and musy have a fair few dollars to go yet. I don't have him (unfortunately, which should say it all), but have Bonner and Garlett who I'd be looking at before him if I did.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 20:28

Yeah Scouser, just a bit disappointed is all cause he didn't play well, I'll hang onto him for a bit yet, I have Bonner, Fritcsh and Garlett too so..more important problems haha

Matt · 22/04/2018 at 21:10

If I have two emergencies and a non playing player on the field do I get the higher of the Lower if the emergency scores ?

Yeahnahyeah · 22/04/2018 at 21:11

lower

Matt · 22/04/2018 at 21:16

Jesus Christ…. I was ranked 60th and deliberately put Murphy and Barry on the field🤮🤮😡😡 on top of that I’ve got Buddy, Greene, Garlett and McLean 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Yeahnahyeah · 22/04/2018 at 21:15

Highlight so far is having Fyfe as C, few lowlights including Greene 55, O'Meara 56, Christensen 54… currently ranked 22 overall projected to score 2249 hopefully is enough to stay in the top 100 ://///

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 21:41

Nice work on the ranking so far!
    As usual there are some big player scores and some crap ones.
    Will just depend on if a team has a large majority of the big ones.
    I reckon 2200-2250 be around par

Stirlsy · 22/04/2018 at 23:51

It doesn't take a lot to move around at the top end of the ladder, either up or down….. But yr projection looks around par even with 2 games to go.
    It will come down to Dusty as alot will still have the C to play and a great % we be on him.

Scouser · 23/04/2018 at 19:21

Think you'll be allright mate, quite a few premiums had crap scores and there's a lot on Jaeger and Christensen so won't be too impactful I imagine.

LUKE · 22/04/2018 at 21:41

Tom Mitchell should drop to $600k can't wait to get him for cheaper than he was at the start of the season. Merrett will be a tantalising option next week.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:00

Don't reckon he'll get that low Luke, watch him go large next week , he might lose 30 k or so this week though.

Stirlsy · 22/04/2018 at 22:44

Agree with Russty, Titch is very consistent and hard to see him putting 2 or 3 bad ones together.

Daniel Z · 24/04/2018 at 04:07

He's already put two bad ones (by his standard) together. He'll drop to around 650k this week and down to 620k next week (assuming he scores around 125-130), which means you could save 30k off his starting price (but you also would have missed out on around 750 points – more if he was your captain in rounds 1-3).

1der · 24/04/2018 at 16:07

Mitchell should drop in price to around the $642,000 mark with a break even of 212. Should lose significant cash the following week only even though the Hawks play the Saints in Tassie.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:01

Hey Trig are you spewing you didn't have a loophole for Fyfe or do you reckon Dusty can match his 150?

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 22:51

A little from column A a little from column B.
    Knew didnt have a loop going in.
    Never know might have a late out
    Otherwise expect dusty to shine on the big stage Tuesday night just like he did in the big dance last year.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:56

I think he'll be fine mate, He'll probably rise to the challenge if they go the hard tag on him and leave em in his dust.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 10:54

Leave em in his dust(y)

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 20:36

Giddy up
    Fyfe is life is back on!

DacZawson · 23/04/2018 at 21:30

Gotta love Fritsch being a late out despite it stunting his cash growth.
      The Fyfe VC has worked wonders!!

skate or die · 22/04/2018 at 22:31

Hold or Trade "Zorko the magnificent" (not so much any more)?

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:41

Trade Zorko the crapnificent…before he hits 380 grand.

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 01:03

He'll go down about 50K this week. I suppose it's now or hold him till he hopefully comes good. Personally I'd hold but I have other problems to deal with.

Stirlsy · 22/04/2018 at 22:39

Cruising along 1740 6 to play Projected 2286 just above par ….. A Dusty fail would suit me down to the ground.
Had the VC on Cripps but changed it and thought Greene might have a day out against Saints, that thought turned into a nitemare when Cornboy took off and I had to pick a C out, it was between Titch Fyfe or wait for Gawn after tossing it around I couldn't take Titch the DREADED Jacobs tag was awaiting him so gave the ball magnet a wide berth.
Looked real hard at Gawn who I think is due for a biggy but in the end it was a one horse race and Fyfe was the man and he didn't disappoint me.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:43

Good choice in the end Stirlsy, who's your last 6 to play?

Stirlsy · 22/04/2018 at 22:48

2 rookies are Murray and Fritsch, the 4 are Gawn, Oliver, Bloody Hibberd….. and Smith on ANZAC day. it could turn to poo.
And iv tipped the upset and taken Dees to win.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:58

You should go ok I reckon Stirlsy, I've tipped Tigers but you never know, Dees need to show more than they did last week so could rise to the occasion.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 22:54

If I was ever athletically gifted enough or talented enough to have ever played AFL Footy, I'd be spewing if the Coach turned me into a 'Tagger'…it's the most thankless, negative role in the game where your only task is 'to stop a really good player from having a good game'.
This to me just takes away from the sport in general by not allowing us, the fans see the best players play at their best..because there's some muppet all over them like a cheap Suit for the whole game.
It's a shame tagging even exists, I wish they'd outlaw it from the game and just let the best players play as good as they can.
Maybe the poor saps who get roped into being 'Taggers', could also become better players and stand out in their own right, if they didn't get forced into that role on the field.

KSinny · 22/04/2018 at 22:59

Agreed

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 22/04/2018 at 23:01

Its rare these days but remember that game where the coaches just let danger and fyfe go head to head?

Was one for the ages. Everyone applauded as some of the best footy u will ever see.

The winner?
    AFL fans everywhere.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 23:06

Yeah I remember that game Trig, was one of the best games i've seen, just for that matchup.

Stirlsy · 22/04/2018 at 23:02

Going back a bit here but in the mid 80s I was asked to coach a girls team for a one off game, this chick on the other team was killing us she had kicked 3 and was everywhere at HT id had a gutfull of her and told one of my players to follow the bitch ( I can call her that because I know her) so my player did just that 1 pace behind her for rest of day we didn't win but we stopped her and got close.
    Think I invented tagging but ill never take credit for it.

Russty_ · 22/04/2018 at 23:10

Haha good story Stirlsy so you're the one?…lol, my Sister played Footy in the 80's and kicked 5 Goals in a game once, running the full length of the field for a few of them …maybe it was her?…hahah

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 01:06

Agree in some ways, I think the biggest problem is when you see multiple free kicks against the tagger not be credited to the tagged.

NEIL DemonsDelight · 23/04/2018 at 07:53

Not often I disagree with you Russty but players like LIBBA made it an art playing right on the edge .ANNOYING PESTS –YES but please RUSSTY they are an integral part of the game. cheers mate

SC_Donkey · 23/04/2018 at 09:38

A tagger like Scooter and Jacobs is a gift that they embraced, it's what they are good at week in week out. To be a good tagger the likes of them two, needs skills, and obedience. Taggers may not be good for us SC but makes a hell lot of difference in footy, sometimes it can win games and can minimize the damage against your team.

prizza · 23/04/2018 at 11:44

Put supercoach scoring aside and the mere fact is that as a backman if your forward didnt get a kick you had played your role for your team,, only difference i can see is that the role is changed to an onballer, been happeneing for a century only now there is maybe one or two that are elite.
    Ps i still see your point though.

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 14:25

There's a fair amount of media driven hysteria over taggers and tagging. At the moment anyone who plays on Titch is said to be Tagging, but it really all depends on how they go about it. The more effective one can win their own ball and hurt the supposed tag player going the other way and force them to then defend. If a team has everyone run both ways and apply defensive pressure on opponents they usually win.
    Curious to know how you would exactly define tagging to make it against the rules. Would you outlaw defensive pressure. Should the rules be umpired differently for some designated players creating certain protected species who can't be defended

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 15:08

Yeah fair point Tibor, I don't have a plan of how Tagging would be outlawed, cause it's always existed and probably always will, I guess in defining tagging, it could be a player who excessively focuses on hassling one player, and trying to stop what they do,.rather than on the Ball, especially when they're playing on the ball.
      Hey it's all fair in love and footy, I just said I wish they'd outlaw it cause I reckon it reduces spectator enjoyment.

CaptainObvious · 23/04/2018 at 15:45

What's the issue here? If a defender shuts down a gun forward totally he's not criticised by anybody except opposition supporters and when gun fwd kicks 7 and his opponent has bugga the fwd doesn't get criticized for giving the defender a bad day.
    But gee whiz if a major midfielder gets an opponent and isn't as effective everybody says it's bad for the game.
    It's all part of the contest. If a mid can't deal with a tagger put the mid in a pocket or the goalsquare and give sombody else a go. Clarkson leaving Mitchell onball with a highly cpmpetitive opponent was arrogant coaching and it cost the Hawks the game.
    When they ban taggers they should also ban shepparding, punching the ball in a marking contest and smothering kicks.

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 20:45

Agree, good post. The only thing that I dislike about tagging is when I feel the umpires are not penalizing the tagger for holding the man, which in my opinion happens often.

Derek · 22/04/2018 at 23:22

Scott Lycett was my weekend hero.

With most of my so-called ‘premiums’ failing to make triple figures, Lycett showed ‘me how it should be done. It would be great if he could play against a Lobbeless (and Kruzerless) Carlton ever week, but I’ll bank the points and the cash.

TIGESB2B · 23/04/2018 at 00:43

SEWERAGE FARM. My waste treatment plant of a team has had turds as far as the eye can see so far. Gibbs, JPK, Savage, Greene, Dixon, Bont… O'Meara …. and me, the coach, taking the C off Fyfe at the last minute. Hope Grundy gets 152.

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 01:07

Shet happens 😜

Daniel Z · 24/04/2018 at 04:11

Do you remember when Greene wasn't a flog?

Sewerage Farm remembers.

Jam · 23/04/2018 at 01:57

Tabener finally breaking out 40 in a quarter…. breaks foot and doesn't make his breakeven.

Luke parker became a forward… not a good round at all

meph · 23/04/2018 at 01:58

What does everyone think par will be this round? Im currently 1812 with oliver, nank, gawn, devon smith, sam murray and fritsch to go.

Rick Grimes · 23/04/2018 at 06:17

That looks well above to me. 2300+ on cards be top 10% I reckon. Been some spud scores.

ROBocop14 · 23/04/2018 at 05:53

See ya later Beams… Trade time

Rick Grimes · 23/04/2018 at 06:16

I ditched Zorko this round for Spuddy Franklin. Was spewing with his turd of a score. Then Zorko laid a filthy cable of his own. This game is great.

Rick Grimes · 23/04/2018 at 06:13

Only my captain choices keeping my season alive.
R1 Dusty 139
R2 Dusty 160
R3 Fyfe 160
R4 Dusty 141
R5 Fyfe 151

I guess I'm due for a fail..

Teams · 23/04/2018 at 06:16

How do people know Fritsch is playing? I can't find a named teams list anywhere?

StevoRivo · 23/04/2018 at 07:30

Fritsch in the extended squad and did not play for Casey. Wait for final selections today. Higgins, Lloyd & Broad on Tigers extended bench also.

seen_burns · 23/04/2018 at 07:34

He didn't play for Casey, so he should make the team, but we'll see later today.

David C · 23/04/2018 at 07:47

Nobody knows until tonight.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 10:49

As there is a short break between the games this week and next weekend then the teams this week held some players over that didnt play in the reserves that will replace players next weekend.
    Im hoping Frisch is one of those players. Basically a sub for the weekend.
    Wishful thinking maybe?
    Higgins would probably also be a sub due to the short turnaround between games.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 07:23

I for one have underestimated Norf. Are they top 8 contenders? Bit of bad luck for Higgins hope he's ok.

I think the Hawks have two flogs now. Jacobs is awesome the only player in the comp that can shut down a gun and get heaps of the ball.

meph · 23/04/2018 at 14:13

Im a kangas fan and dont think we are top 8. This next stretch for us is fairly bad and there is a chance we lose our next 4. Port, sydney away, richmond, gws. Then its freo away which isnt a gimme.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 15:30

Maybe you're used to poor performances. What I saw in the first half y'day was premiership winning footy. I think the Roos will beat Port but then the next three will test.

Daniel Z · 24/04/2018 at 04:13

I reckon they can come out of those four games with at least one win and if they can take two or more, then I'd definitely give them odds-on to make the 8.

StevoRivo · 23/04/2018 at 07:33

Fyfe Captain pick makes up for Titch last week. Scrambling towards 2300+ depending on last 2 games. Rookies doing us all a big favour while many premos are all over the place.
Byes not far away now! 🐑

NEIL DemonsDelight · 23/04/2018 at 07:47

Are FISHER TARANTO and LIDS going to be our ideal bench players .If so why not get them now when they are cheap –or will they fall?????????

Tyruddanaut · 23/04/2018 at 07:59

The ‘magic number’ has just decreased a lot this round so I’d wait

Tyruddanaut · 23/04/2018 at 07:52

Okay! I have spent all my time on the bus, train and footpath figuring out my trade plans; here they are.

Round 6: Zorko —>; Simpson
Bonner —>; Mirra/alternative rookie
Assess North Melbourne’s performance
Round 7: If North Melbourne succeed:
Rookie eg. Brayshaw —>; Franklin,
Consider rookie downgraded to Cole, Duman
Round 8: Necessary trades
Round 9: If North does poorly in R6, rookie to Franklin

Left with 21 trades come first bye

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 08:18

If Fritsch plays, I can’t take Fyfes score. Whack the C on dusty or Gawn? Dusty is the obvious pick but his record against the dees and the amount of forward time is a little concerning. Thoughts community?

David C · 23/04/2018 at 10:43

Gawn is the safe pick. He should not have a problem with Nank. Dusty, high risk high reward. I would have gone Gawn but am taking Fyfes score.

BadgerHoney7 · 23/04/2018 at 09:02

Keep Dangers 135 or risk Dusty as skipper.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 09:59

Danger every day of the week

Andrew · 23/04/2018 at 10:05

Take it every day of the week mate.

SC_Donkey · 23/04/2018 at 10:08

If it was the last game of the season and you're fighting for that $50K yeah I'd take the punt on Dusty. But in this case your not, so take the 135 points and run.

KingWinter7 · 23/04/2018 at 10:22

Sidebottom or Merrett captain ?
This is for my draft side

David C · 23/04/2018 at 10:44

Sidey.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 15:33

The bum

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 10:53

Garlett JOM Savage Bundy. At least one of you bastards will be executed. If I had 4 trades available I'd get rid of the lot of you picks

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 10:59

No rage trade Monday.
    It is now rage trade Thursday
    Go again on Friday
    Strange old week

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 11:07

Sure is a strange week. Won't be a lot of time to make decisions before round 6 starts

Keenbutclueless · 23/04/2018 at 11:13

With you there. Thinking JOM and Bundy for Danger and Guelfi. But, given I traded out Doedee this week for Hurley, I wouldn’t be putting too much faith in my advice.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 11:23

Bit too keen keen

Keenbutclueless · 23/04/2018 at 11:31

Yeah. Ranked 15k going into the round, with a cookie cutter side. I saw my only chance to get in range was to break a few rules, take a few chances and bet against a few blokes. Always more likely to fail than succeed, but every year I seem to get off to bad start, follow conventional wisdom all year, and improve to a 5-10k ranking by year end. Just trying something different

NEIL DemonsDelight · 23/04/2018 at 11:51

Good thoughts Keen Sometimes it does come off though I did the same with Fisher but I thought he was a good player last year/.I am seriously thinking of LIDS. Only 4 games last year for 2 good scores late. Good scoring now as well. Against AGE J.S Former recent elite -playing well – coaches like him. and appears injury free

NEIL DemonsDelight · 23/04/2018 at 11:55

PIES Have you got the two flogs as well. I thought JOM SAVAGE and BUNDY WERE OK CHOICES but risky It comes off sometimes

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 12:19

Last week they were all good Neil. But a week is a long time in football

Noah · 23/04/2018 at 12:09

Should i take coniglios 117 or go with dusty for Captain?

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 12:24

I'd go dusty.

Ricardo · 23/04/2018 at 13:00

Take the 117. Runs on the board.

SHORTY · 23/04/2018 at 13:50

KEEP THE 117

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 12:17

Thoughts on Grundy skipper? Or back Dusty in.

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 14:06

Like the Grundy pick. He is on fire and Essendon have nobody who can get anywhere near him. Melbourne have a few options they can try on Dusty, they have a midfield that can get it first and a Ruck who should give them first use.

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 14:33

i think swans have already played!

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 15:27

Big crowd big Dusty score

TheGreatBozza · 23/04/2018 at 12:28

The good:
Crippa putting on a masterclass, Sicily tonning up, Holman bouncing back English giving me a respectable 78 at F5

The bad:
Fielding Richards over Naughton (only 20 points lost), McLean poor performance, not VC-ing Fyfe (went Cogs in to Dusty), Jack Billings' goal kicking

The ugly:
Shane Savage, Shane Savage & Shane Savage

Hayden · 23/04/2018 at 12:30

I almost traded Hibberd to Savage last week. Reversed the trade Friday morning and downgraded to Sicily. Boy I'm thanking my lucky stars now

TheGreatBozza · 23/04/2018 at 12:33

Good call. I think I knew heading in to the ceiling Savage could have some stinkers, I just didn't think his floor was that low

Hayden · 23/04/2018 at 12:52

If he bounces back with some decent scores I'll probably pick him up later. Good result to keep his price from skyrocketing

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 14:09

Cripps was outstanding. Even as a non-owner I had to stand and clap him off the field.

I kept the clapping going for my man Lycett. Smashed a Kruzerless Carlton.

I don’t want to talk about Picke…… I mean Garlett.

Ben · 23/04/2018 at 12:42

thinking fritsh up to gray and bonner down to mirra thoughts ?

Hayden · 23/04/2018 at 12:53

Gray looks the goods this year, and Bonner is nearly capped out. I'm holding Bonner a few more weeks myself, and downgrading Barry to Mirra (via DPP).

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 14:04

Gray is getting expensive. He has round 10 bye, can’t you wait until after his bye. Look for some value.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 15:31

Agree ☝

JugHead · 23/04/2018 at 12:42

Joel Selwood. Should be under 550k this week. Looks very tempting at that price and rarely misses a game. But capable of throwing out 75-80 scores as well as 120+ when playing injured. Do you grab him or wait a couple of weeks for Crouch?

Ja191 · 23/04/2018 at 16:50

just missed a game for striking lindsey flogas haha

BlueBaggerJosh · 23/04/2018 at 13:37

Bonner-Mirra means I'll have 350k in the Bank.
Thinking of upgrading Garlett to a fwd premo, wait for Holman to fatten up and trade to a fallen premium. Thoughts?

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 14:10

What is Bonners price going to be? Hard to give an opinion without knowing who you have or haven't got. Which premo fwd are you putting your trust in

Awtfulme · 23/04/2018 at 18:41

Mirra will get dropped

BockChoy · 23/04/2018 at 13:42

My hero (so far) this round is Brett Deledio. Took a gamble on starting him (at $330k) and saluted with a 153 to follow on from his 115 last week.

I had the VC on Laird and with 100pts, looked a good call at 3/4 time but he did nothing in the last. I did have the C on Titch but changed this later than a Marc Murphy withdrawal, instead placing my faith in Dusty.

Currently projected for 2250 or so.

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 13:54

Stunning pick Bock. Lids looked awesome on the weekend. I'd love to have him but I don't think I can

Holty01 · 23/04/2018 at 16:41

Yeah good value but i just cant bring myself to selecting him as im waiting for him to snap in half

Sana · 23/04/2018 at 14:34

I had Nic Nat VC (not good enough) followed by Titch C (FML). In order to unleash my fury, who's house should I burn down? My own, Titch's or Ben Jacobs?

SC_Donkey · 23/04/2018 at 14:38

All of the above, Titch for letting Jacobs get better of him, Jacobs for tagging Titch and ruined your SC. Lastly(actually this should have been firstly and last) is YOU, for putting the C on Titch. Must've known Titch was gonna have a hard time against Jacobs.

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 14:48

I'd like you to burn Titch's house down & frame Jacobs as the arsonist. You'd be doing us all a favour. Can you get the job done by Friday please. I'm worried about Robbie Gray

Holty01 · 23/04/2018 at 16:44

I think he will go to Wines to be honest. Grey very hard to tag with him rotating between mids and forward. At least Wines will just play in the guts.

Ricardo · 23/04/2018 at 15:14

Your own house for picking Titch as captain when Jacobs was likely to target him.

Songo12 · 23/04/2018 at 19:46

You knew the best tagger since Lingy in Jacobs was going to Titch so burn your own. Hopefully you are insured.

Pranav Santhosh · 23/04/2018 at 14:43

any port fans or people that have watched port games do you think bonner can score like he did in round 1 and possibly be someone to hold on to until his round 10 bye?

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 15:25

The only rookie defenders worth holding are the obvious ones.. Dude, Murray, Fin and maybe Naughton. Bonner is capable but maybe next year a gun. He probably won't make much more cash.

Ahmad rubas · 23/04/2018 at 15:59

Yeah seems to be stalling in cash generation and it's hurting me when I play him and bench either doedee or murray. Ideally he doesn't drop in cash until round 10 when I can I trade Holman and bonner who both have a bye

David C · 23/04/2018 at 14:45

Caddy reportedly out, not sure how relevant he is.

Pranav Santhosh · 23/04/2018 at 15:03

possibly higgins in?

BockChoy · 23/04/2018 at 15:05

Vlastuin also out – this is a spew as I'll now need to wear Richard's 44.

TheDON · 23/04/2018 at 15:42

Need a 275 to beat my opponent in leagues. Can captain Oliver, Gawn or dusty. Whose going to get me over the line? Dusty only averages 90s against the tigers in there past 3 meetings .

David C · 23/04/2018 at 16:44

Gawn I reckon. Someone lie Lambert might go to Oliver.

David C · 23/04/2018 at 16:45

Josh · 23/04/2018 at 19:50

Maybe dusty would score better if he wasn’t playing against his own team 🙂

Ken · 23/04/2018 at 15:46

What do you think Sicily points will average for the year?

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 16:01

Somewhere between 95 – 105 Ken, it depends if the opposition starts giving him attention. If that does happen i imagine his average will drop quite a bit, he's very hot headed.

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 16:31

He is averaging 100 after 4 games. Not sure that is a big enough sample size, but that’s pretty good. If you started him, you would be happy.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:36

Unless he gets suspended next week for being a Flog..again.

Lazza · 23/04/2018 at 19:25

At this stage he is on target to average 1 game out of 3 suspended.
    Obviously has the intelligence of a Carlisle..

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 21:43

No Lazza he does not have anywhere near that much intelligence

Daniel Z · 24/04/2018 at 04:17

I'd back him in to average 95 or thereabouts, for a season total of 1,520 (having been suspended for six games off four separate incidents).

Moustachio · 24/04/2018 at 07:40

Will average 105 and play 3 more ganes before beig suspended again and dropped to the VFL.

JohnDJ59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:04

What do people think of Mills,is he a keeper ? he is currently my D3, but I am thinking I might have to trade him to get Danger in. I was going to downgrade Garlett > Guelfi and upgrade Holman > Danger, but I still might not have enough cash to do it, plus Holman still has more money to make. So I was thinking, I would still do the Garlett trade but then trade Mills out, move Coffield to defence and then trade in Danger, with some coin to spare for the next upgrade.

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 16:25

he Is a frustration. Was on 53 at HT and didn’t even get to 70. Was tagging someone in the midfield after quarter time, not doing a very good job either.

He has the ability to have another 100+ especially if he has the loose man in defence job. Problem is it changes each week between Rampe, McVeigh, Mills and Lloyd.

Not sure they know either.

I don’t think he will be a keeper and once the top 8 defenders are clearer I’ll prob trade him.

Wouldn’t mind another good score just to make a bit of cash.

JohnDJ59 · 23/04/2018 at 18:55

Hi Derek, I was happy to keep him, thought he could end up my D8 come finals time, but his role at the Swans seems to change not only from game to game but even during the game itself.

Derek · 23/04/2018 at 23:31

He is along way from being my biggest problem. I’ll be keeping him and if there is a right time move him I will. Even if he slips to D6, he’ll be ok.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:06

Hi John if you take out the crappy 40 he had in round 2, he's averaging 86.75 if that helps, his 68 this week wasn't ideal but his 3 best scores, 90, 105 and 84 are encouraging, but as Derek said, if his role is constantly changing it's not ideal for a keeper backman.

JohnDJ59 · 23/04/2018 at 19:01

Hi Russty, I don't think I would be looking to move him on if I didn't need to get Danger in this week like I planned. Was hoping to be able to use two rookie up&down trades, but not sure I want to trade out a rookie that is still making good money.

Russty_ · 24/04/2018 at 00:43

Apparently, The Cats are going to appeal John so that could mean Selwood misses 2 if the appeal fails, which means Danger might be more into the midfield…so keep an eye on that, cause you might need to get him in this week no matter what.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 18:20

I'm moving him on assp, Hurley looks good.

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 16:23

Mitchell and Burton safe and 1 week for Jelwood.

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:29

That's good if he's out for one and maybe Scott may realise he may have to start Danger in the guts … WHERE HE SHOULD BE MR. SCOTT!!!!!

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:33

Good news!, Danger gets a $2000 fine too, and Sicily charged with serious misconduct for standing on Atley's leg..bloody flog.

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:38

Ahhh the joys of Super Coach.. You just gotta love it Russty

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:40

Haha for sure mate, Christian's been busy this week, hope Siciflog gets off with a fine, that guy just can't stop doing dumb things.

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:42

I'll take the blame Russty …. Because I brought him in this week

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:46

Have the new nickname for Sicily ….. Forrest Gump ,, Stupid is as Stupid does

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:52

He can't seem to stop kicking blokes when they're down, Clarko should let the whole team give him a free gut punch if he gets suspended again.

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 16:54

Yeah and let the punches slide up a bit too… Upper cuts

neil demons delight · 23/04/2018 at 19:00

I would rather have BILLINGS At least he doesn't do stupid things

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 19:08

True Neil but is still a spud

Ricardo · 23/04/2018 at 16:36

Hopefully Sicily gets 3 weeks and gives me a reason to give him the flick

JugHead · 23/04/2018 at 16:43

Looks like the MRP remains a joke. Obviously its no problem going at a guys head during a stoppage 50m away from the ball. Just happens to be the brownlow favorite.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:47

Hey Jug, Goldy told the Media afterwards, he barely even felt anything, probably just touched his hair, said it felt like a Fly..lol
    And it ain't a panel anymore, just one guy MRO Match Review Officer.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 16:44

Sicily to Lids on Thursday?..lol

Hoppy · 23/04/2018 at 18:16

Point chaser

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:28

Yep, that's me, always chasing points.

KSinny · 23/04/2018 at 18:28

who is Lids

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:34

Deledio mate.

KSinny · 23/04/2018 at 18:51

cheers

Herbie · 23/04/2018 at 18:40

A mate in on of your leagues said that you hadn’t won a game yet so you obviously are a desperate SCer!!!!!
        Perhaps concentrate on picking good players instead of doling out advice all day to everyone.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:49

The question was actually a joke pal, I wouldn't do that cause I chose Sicily for a reason, flog or not.
          Big freakin deal if I'm not doing well in one League, last year I won 6 out of Ten I was in and i'm in 10 again this year, and they're all full of good coaches so whatever mate.
          Why don't you dole out some advice if you're so sick of mine?

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 18:57

Good stuff Russty.. Make a joke and the get into you for no reason.. Oh well it's a long season.. You'll be right mate

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 19:00

Yeah typical, one first name, no profile posters Gator that are probably all the same sad guy..water off a Duck's back mate, I couldn't care less if I come last in all my Leagues this year, it's the fun during the season that matters to me, the results are always a let down anyway, regardless of winning or losing lol

gator59 · 23/04/2018 at 19:11

Same here mate.. I just try to improve on prior years and I don't care on what other peoples views from the trollers are on comments that I post.. I'll back you in mate …BTW i love the Plugger avatar

Russty_ · 24/04/2018 at 00:30

Cheers Gat, you're a good mate, if that guy's "mate" clicks on the overall points button, I'm sure I'll be up near the top, anyways, it's a long season and it only takes a few wins in a row to move on up..shit who cares anyway, it's the journey not the destination that's the most fun 🙂

Lazza · 23/04/2018 at 19:34

Hey Russty, I'm about to post my worse score in 4 years … courtesy of Franklin, Greene, Zorko and Mitchell. The best advice comes from experience, experience comes from learning by your (our) mistakes … smart ar5es have little to offer … I went with a modified strategy this year, which in hindsight probably means I'll wont achieve my previous sub 1000 ranking this year … but hey, I'm still happy to offer advice,,, and as with you, people can take it or leave it … I appreciate yours and many others on this site who offer their point of view, experience, learnings and humour .. keep it up..

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 20:23

Thanks Lazza, you're a gent mate, just gotta keep at it..Buddy Greene and Mitch are all good picks, no way you could know Zorko was gonna be duddy this year.

SC_Sixty6 · 24/04/2018 at 23:16

Hows your overall going Herbie? Probably about as good as your name…… you are irrelevant in SC and too on this forum.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 16:59

Bloody Sicily, absolute gun, but can’t get his act together. Can’t keep having 400k plus players missing every 3rd week

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 17:05

Wait is he missing?

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:08

Not yet DM, will know tomorrow after he faces Christian for his latest dumb act.

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 17:10

Yikes I didn't notice that hit so this came as a shock

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:12

He stood on Atley's leg while he was lying on the ground…flog act. Similar to the kneeing in the head of Selwood a few weeks ago while he was prone.

Maurse · 23/04/2018 at 18:16

He is an idiot and so are the SCers who picked him.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 20:45

3 tons in 4 games not good for you? Yes his attitude was a risk that probably hasnt paid off, but we picked him because of his scoring and he has duly delivered

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 22:37

Amen Maurse

Dylan · 23/04/2018 at 17:04

James Sicily, grrrrrrrr. For every ton he makes, he gets into a ton of trouble. Someone at the Hawks really needs to step up and set him straight

sc tragic · 23/04/2018 at 17:12

1 week for Joel Selwood, busy round so far hope that's all folks.

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 18:18

It's tragic how our game has been hijacked.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:14

Looks like Selwood to Danger for me next week. But have a feeling Selwood will challenge this.

Rabbit · 23/04/2018 at 18:14

Don’t be an idiot. He is out for only one week.

neil demons delight · 23/04/2018 at 19:01

Early Shake n Fake

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 19:33

Was initially in my side to be a sideways trade to Danger when l 1st started him. This was my plan from the get go. Who knows still might hold him always thought Danger would drop in price. Still think Selwood will challenge.

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 17:14

Is there any footage of the sicily incident? Surprised that there wasn't any mention of it after the game. Surely he gets off? And cleans his act up? Doesn't he know that he is only hurting himself and his teammates with his actions?

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 17:17

He only missed two games off suspension last year I think. Looks like his temper has gotten worse which sucks

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:20

Hey Finn, didn't find any footage, just this from the article about all the fines/suspensions/ incidents

Tuesday night shapes as a busy one for the Tribunal after Christian also referred Hawks defender James Sicily there on a charge of serious misconduct against North Melbourne's Shaun Atley.

The charge against Sicily arose from an incident during the second quarter of Sunday's game at Etihad Stadium when he stood on Atley's leg while the Roo was lying on the ground.

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 17:24

hmm interesting. WIthout damning evidence I think (hope) he will get off…

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:27

Me too bud but he has a history…recently..lol, such a flog, wish I didn't have him in weeks like this.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 17:37

Footage on twitter.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:43

Footage was on the aft tonight. Will get a couple of weeks for a stupid act.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:45

What's aft tonight?

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:07

On 5pm Foxtel afl channel Russty.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:08

Cheers Shake thanks.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 17:17

You've gotta be f'ing joking Selwood gets a week and Mitchell gets off. How is Mitchell any different to Graham? Protected species.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:25

You're right about Selwood BB, I just watched the footage and he actually missed him and punched the ground, the $1000 fine for trying to trip Wingard was a separate issue, but copping a week for that is Bullshit.
    Mitchell's incident was a non issue by the way, he barely touched his head, Goldy said it himself.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 17:36

Mitchell is lucky Goldy downplays everything. Downplayed the time Lewis sniped him in the head too.

Am I right in saying that if a player challenges a decision, they no longer get an extra week if they fail?

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:54

Not sure BB, but if he challenges, I think he'll win, he didn't even punch him!

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 17:55

yup just a fine BB

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:44

Im sure he challenges that.

Horsehead · 23/04/2018 at 18:13

Hawk players are bad news for SC.

BockChoy · 24/04/2018 at 09:15

Agree on Graham too – if anything, Mitchell's was more intentional than Grahams who at least could argue he was making a play on someone with the ball.

Mike · 23/04/2018 at 17:19

DUSTY OR GAWN C

theRealPod · 23/04/2018 at 18:11

I'd go Dusty Mike

Crowboy94 · 23/04/2018 at 17:21

Geez Footy has gone soft! And the MRP are a disgrace!

sc tragic · 23/04/2018 at 17:30

Are the teams 6.30?

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:33

6.25 on AFL.com.au

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 17:33

Just seen footage of Sicily on twitter. Atley on the ground with legs extended. Sicily could have stepped over him, instead chooses to plant his studs and put all high weight on top of Atley's calf.

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 17:39

Do you have a link to the footage BB? i tried googling it i cant find it

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 17:43

Nevermind i just found it, didn't look like he put too much weight on it, surely he escapes with a fine for that one?

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 22:28

he's got one foot on Atley and the other foot is in the air as he steps through. If all his weight is not on his one grounded foot where the bloody hell is it? For it to be anywhere other than on Atleys leg you'd have to believe in the physics theories of Wyllie Coyote

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:43

Is there a link or something?…I'm not on Twitter.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 17:50

No link. You on Facebook Russty?

Triple M Footy has vision.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 17:52

Nah mate…FK facebook, I just saw it actually, cheers, didn't appear to be much in it really, and Atley wasn't hurt, I think it will just be a flog fine.

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 17:56

Intentional, low impact to the body. Just checked the guidelines for the MRP – that should just be a fine.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:04

If Michael Christian is the MRP, then why didn't he see that Selwood didn't even punch Thomas?…and then gave him a week off?..seriously doubting the choice to have one guy as the MRP this year..doesn't seem right.
            One game with one crucial player missing, can mean the difference between the team making the finals or not that year.

I reckon there should never be only one person deciding.

neil demons delight · 23/04/2018 at 18:27

let alone no Charlie Russty

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 18:09

His bad record will push it to a week

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:11

But it was a chesty jumper-punch Tommy, and he didn't even make contact with him.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 18:26

Im talking about sicily mate

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 18:33

Oh sorry Tommy, thought you were responding to my Selwood comment.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 18:16

Records were wiped this year.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 18:26

Im talking about sicily, who will have his bad record from the kneeing a few weeks ago

Lazza · 23/04/2018 at 19:21

No grading applied – Sicily is off to the tribunal !!!

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 18:18

Just saw it. Just a flog act but who knows what will result

Kickamoocow · 23/04/2018 at 18:11

Serial offender = 2 weeks and I, like an idiot, picked him. Never again. Actually Hawk players are bad news. Maybe it is due to their bad tempered coach who said he would help Sicily. Like petrol to fire!!!!!

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 18:27

Wouldnt call him a serial offender mate

Kickamoocow · 23/04/2018 at 18:36

What? Two reports already this year and reported last year!!!!! I

joe · 23/04/2018 at 18:58

just a flog

neil demons delight · 23/04/2018 at 18:30

He is just a big FLOG what a tool probably a week

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 20:40

Just got him in. Freakin flogtastic.

Defying_Madness · 23/04/2018 at 18:26

Fritsch omitted

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 18:26

Fritsch dropped!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 20:30

VC fyfe is life.
    Thankks dees
    Welcome capt Fritsch.

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 18:28

Fritsch has been dropped. All of a sudden Garlett's 21 looks good until he gets dropped on thursday

Shake_n_Bake_ · 23/04/2018 at 19:37

The bad is l take Garletts 21 but do take the double pts as fyfe vc.

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 20:11

Like an unexpected reach around Shake. That's a happy ending

Lazza · 23/04/2018 at 18:32

Higgins is in for game #2

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 19:07

Hopefully he kicks a couple more snags!

Warblegarble · 23/04/2018 at 18:49

Fritsch out means I can loophole Danger's 135 – or I can roll the dice on Dusty. Surely I should just take Danger, right? Or live dangerously?

KSinny · 23/04/2018 at 18:52

take danger

Scouser · 23/04/2018 at 21:09

Take the 270 points and enjoy whatever Dusty adds to the supercoach banquet table tomorrow (hasn't tonned up in last 3 against Dees either)

sc tragic · 23/04/2018 at 19:11

Rolling dice with C on Fritsch to cash in on Fyfe hope the bugger stays dead.

hedski · 23/04/2018 at 19:22

Thanks Fritsch, welcome onfield Garlett and your poxy 21 points.

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 19:23

Could trade to Higgins or Guelfi ?

hedski · 23/04/2018 at 20:17

Na BB, traded Kreuz and Kelly to DogDog and Dusty already.

Russty_ · 23/04/2018 at 20:24

Jeez you're having a ripper of a year Hed…it'll get better mate.

hedski · 23/04/2018 at 20:56

Yeah I'm flying Russty!
          Ha ha, I can handle a 21 this week, should still win a few leagues.👍

Houdini · 23/04/2018 at 19:23

Sicily is a Flog. But i knew that.

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 19:45

Man tuesday games are awesome! Not knowing that Fritsch is getting dropped until after 6 other games have been played just fills my heart with joy. Do i cop the donut of fritsch or trade ZGL to Higgins? I know Higgins has shaky job security but i'd hate to lose all my league games because of a donut. Or perhaps i trade to guelfi?

KSinny · 23/04/2018 at 19:53

Yeh I'd say trade him if you don't want to lose your games

BrownlowBoy · 23/04/2018 at 20:00

ZGL is locked. You'd have to trade Fritsch

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 20:02

Oh yes of course, this whole situation has thrown me for a loop. Do you think Guelfi has better job security than higgins?

INPieman · 23/04/2018 at 20:13

No rookies have JS. That's why they are rookies

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 20:38

Yes but some have comparatively better JS, which is why i asked if Guelfi has "better" job security. I've gone for Guelfi as of now, as i feel it'll be harder for Higgins to keep a spot in a premiership winning side.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 20:41

Higgins kicked 2 goals and still got dropped. I would say that could easily end up a wasted trade. Not ideal but Guelfi is probably the "safer" bet

Beezneez · 23/04/2018 at 20:14

I'm glad Fritsch is out cos I can now trade him to Guelfi or Higgins with no regrets. This gives me enough cash to go a rookie to Gray next round. Normally I wouldn't pick a rookie till they are on the bubble but I'm sitting on 1839 with 6 to play and don't want to take Garlett's score. I had originally planned to trade Billings to Gray on Saturday but chickened out deciding to give Billings one more chance. That decision has cost me another 51 points. Finally, I got all my onfield players scoring to their true potential. Sicily is a worry though – if he was involved in a battle of wits he'd always only be half prepared.

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 20:43

Still reckon thats a bit of a wasted trade mate. 1839 with 6 left is a huge score so dont think it will affect you too much taking Garletts 21, with the trade saved and the opportunity to get another look at the rookies

hedski · 23/04/2018 at 20:19

ZGL should be back next week on the bubble, just seen its too late to trade him but he's a hold, should have good JS.

Murray · 23/04/2018 at 20:29

Hi guys
I have Fyfe as VC, do I take his capt score by loopholing fritsch? Unfortunately it means getting Garlett putrid 21pts and losing petracca's score and hoping dusty goes big . What does everyone think and what would you do?

hedski · 23/04/2018 at 20:58

Na go Dusty and Tracca Muzza.

joe · 23/04/2018 at 21:12

4 sure

Murray · 23/04/2018 at 21:32

Thanks hedski
      I thinking it will go something like this:
      Option 1:Fyfe's 151& dusty 134 x2 ( this is his current season ave) & petracca approx 80 = 499. Vs
      Option 2: Fyfe 151×2 dusty 134 and Garlett 21 = 457.

If I went option 1 and assuming petracca gets about 80 , dusty would have to get only 113 if I went with option 1. Very very achievable, dusty should get easily. So based on these assumptions, option 1 is best for my score

joe · 23/04/2018 at 21:10

lets have a poll how many weeks scilily will cope ill go 1

AuroraBorealis?! · 23/04/2018 at 21:11

Fingers crossed its just a fine

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 23/04/2018 at 21:13

Already been suspended once this year,
    flog meter is off the charts last 12 months.
    Has a history.
    Deliberate act. Could have just stepped over.
    2-3 weeks.

Thomas 4.

Finnius · 23/04/2018 at 21:17

fine.

KSinny · 23/04/2018 at 21:26

hopefully just a fine

TommyC99 · 23/04/2018 at 21:29

1 week

Steeeve · 23/04/2018 at 21:38

I think a week. Stings more than a fine. They won't want people thinking they can get away with that.

TheBenchmark25 · 23/04/2018 at 22:28

When does it go to the tribunal?

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 22:32

On a positive note Mirra probably gets his third game now. $$$$$$$

Steeeve · 24/04/2018 at 10:58

If his ribs are intact…

Derek · 24/04/2018 at 12:13

how did he not get hurt. did that north player get a fine at least?

Multi_ · 24/04/2018 at 08:02

1 week

Derek · 24/04/2018 at 12:15

i was thinking just a fine, because the North player was not injured. But there might be some carry over from the first suspension. Might get a week, but doesn't deserve a week.

Burton should have got a week

Doc · 24/04/2018 at 16:00

Burton should've got 3, 2 with an early guilty plea.

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 21:58

He deliberately stepped on someone who was defenceless laying on the ground and not looking at him. He has a deplorable recent history. Anything less than Four weeks is a joke and if he had caused any injury he would have got 8 as a minimum.

He is a flog without peer, a total imbecile and disgrace. I read in sheer amazement this week in this sites comments how he was ok now based on one game after his last flog tantrum. Honestly, backing this bloke to pull his head in was like betting against Winx.

Who is going to sit him down and get in his ear? Clarko? Maybe he could kick that discussion off with some Battle of Britain video and a reference from Ian Aitken.

Whatyasmokin · 23/04/2018 at 22:31

Yeah I'd be surprised if he gets away with one. I'm not sure how the club keeps letting him get away with being a flog. Can't believe I locked him in last week thinking 'surely that's it for the year, surely he's been sat down like a little schoolboy and told no more!'

Tibor · 23/04/2018 at 22:42

There is something wrong with him Smokin he simply can't help himself. It's a shame because as a player he is gifted. A million dollar talent being controlled by a ten cent head

Goat · 24/04/2018 at 09:57

As a hawks member and a Sicily owner there is no defence to this stupidity. I think he will get at least 2 weeks. It is a really bad look for the game. The only redeeming feature is that the level of force was minor and Atley (thankfully) was uninjured.
    I will say that he is not the only player with misdirected anger issues. I see "incidents" in every game I go to which still get passed as "football acts" and which are not related to the game at all.

Steeeve · 24/04/2018 at 10:59

Almost hoping Sicily gets two or three weeks so I can just flick him. Would be two suspensions from three games. Cannot be trusted to stay on the park.

Derek · 24/04/2018 at 12:11

i think he will be ok. Don't think the north player was injured. so will get a $1000 fine

Tyruddanaut · 24/04/2018 at 17:11

2000 because of intention

Ricardo · 24/04/2018 at 11:12

If he gets two weeks he's effectively averaging 59 over the 7 rounds. That's grounds for an upgrade.

SC_Sixty6 · 24/04/2018 at 23:13

Effectively that makes no sense because you field someone in his place. Sure if you got donuts it may be a that AVG but it isn't.

Skindog · 24/04/2018 at 14:48

Anyone know if this Fritch clown is playing or not???????

Tyruddanaut · 24/04/2018 at 17:10

No. He isnt

Tyruddanaut · 24/04/2018 at 18:11

Lobb being out (again) throws a spanner into the works! Not just one, actually, but two. Two trades that I must use on three players: Zorko, Bonner, and the previously mentioned, Lobb.

I have to hold. There is no way around it, Zorko will lose money and so will my mid priced cash cow Riley B. I have had a shocking start to the year but, with strategy, I can fix it.

Doedee, Finlayson and Kelly will be keepers unless I find myself with spare trades. I am hoping that they will fit into D7, M9 and M8 respectively, but I can’t be sure.

I have almost completed my forward line, too. I have 6 forward eligible premiums, including Sicily who will move when it is structurally necessary.

Let’s just pray that I can field 22 next week. I think with DPP I should be able to.

SC_Sixty6 · 24/04/2018 at 23:12

Mate I told people to trade Lobb 2 weeks ago. Now look where you are at. Yes trades are gold later in the season but if you need to get your team right just trade.

Josh · 24/04/2018 at 18:27

Feel sorry for the poor bloke out there with Sicily, Franklin and Selwood in his team, all gonna miss next week

Mr Pink · 24/04/2018 at 18:29

Sicily got a week

Neverweaken · 24/04/2018 at 22:35

Sicily out for a week and I think Buddy will be out for more than one. Might bale on Buddy I think.