add_filter('comment_flood_filter', '__return_false');

CHEAT SHEET AND CAPTAIN’S CORNER

Published by Damo on

Anyone ever wondered how Elliot Yeo got his nickname ‘The Yeo-Yeo’? The last two weeks should give you a pretty good idea. After scoring dreadfully last round, he came out this week and belted out 150 points, punishing the few thousand players that traded him out prematurely. Brodie Grundy is handsomely rewarding everyone who took the punt on him at R1, and unlike the majority of ruckman *cough* Bellchambers *cough*, Grundy actually looks pretty mobile and is playing as Collingwood’s fourth mid.

Speaking of Collingwood’s mids, Steele Sidebottom is absolutely killing it so far, which is obviously due to the aerodynamics of his new haircut. Maybe Jack Billings should follow suit, a new haircut may be just what he needs to turn his form around. (And maybe the Saints, but that might be a bit of a stretch).

Josh Kelly was out with an injury, which was made even more annoying with GWS being so tight-lipped on everything that goes on within their club. Personally, I traded him to Tom Mitchell, but it still didn’t save me as I went down by 2 points in our cash league, reducing me to uncontrollable sobs on the floor of my living room. Poor Damo was made to put his arm around me and reassure me, telling me that ‘Armitage was a good pick’. That’s very comforting and all, but Damo is now ranked 689. And he does not have Armitage in his team.

Top 10 Supercoach Scores:

1. Brandon Parfitt – 168 (10 points)
  2. Ben Brown – 167 (9 points)
  3. Elliot Yeo – 150 (8 points)
  4. Robbie Gray – 145 (7 points)
  5. Jaeger O’Meara – 145 (7 points)
  6. Luke Breust – 142 (5 points)
  7. Brodie Grundy – 141 (4 points)
  8. Dustin Martin – 141 (4 points)
  9. Aaron Sandilands – 139 (2 points)
  10. Steele Sidebottom – 138 (1 point)

Leaderboard

1. Tom Mitchell – 20
  2. Dustin Martin – 16
  3. Brodie Grundy – 12
  4. Lance Franklin – 10
  5. Tom J Lynch – 10
  6. Jarrod Lyons – 10
  7. Nat Fyfe – 10
  8. Brandon Parfitt – 10
  9. Jonathon Patton – 9
  10. Ben Brown – 9

Of course, the first time Tom Mitchell doesn’t crack the leaderboard is the week I bring him in. Sorry to all the coaches that already had him, I’ll take the blame for that. Brodie Grundy has shot to third place, with him and Dusty both receiving 4 points. Parfitt and Brown have both debuted this week, but don’t expect Parfitt to stay on the leaderboard for long. If Parfitt scores more than 20 points this season, I will personally run out for a game in the twos with nothing more than a sock on. You heard it here first.

Captain Choices:

Sydney vs Adelaide

Friday 20 April 7:50PM – SCG

Last time they met: Sydney 13.5.83 def. Adelaide 11.14.80

Top 5 Scores: R Sloane 140, R Laird 124, J Kennedy 110, T Lynch 104, S Jacobs 102

Two weeks ago I would have told you to put the VC on Sam Jacobs. He’s one of the best ruckman in the league, and he’s coming up against Cam Sinclair. Easy pick, right? But Sauce has only cracked the ton once so far this year, and Sinclair is proving to be no pushover either, averaging 110.5. Wait, did I read that right? Maybe chuck the VC on Cam Sinclair instead. Just kidding, don’t do that. Bryce Gibbs doesn’t historically score too well against Sydney, so avoid him, but Rory Sloane does. Over his last two games against Sydney, he has averaged 138.5 due to not being tagged. Sloanedog’s due for a big one, lock him in as VC.

St Kilda vs Greater Western Sydney

Saturday 21 April 1:45PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: St Kilda 16.12.108 def. GWS 12.13.85

Top 5 Scores: J Steven 120, J Billings 114, S Ross 111, J Kelly 108, B Acres 106

At first glance you would think to put the VC on Jonathon Patton. The Saints are woeful, Patton’s in form, and he could kick a bag. That’s true, he might. But it’s interesting to note that Patton has played the Saints four times and his highest score against them is 49. That doesn’t fill me with too much hope. Stephen Coniglio is in ripping form, and is the number one man in GWS’s midfield even when Kelly is in the team. I’d be more confident in him, considering he is not coming up against a very strong midfield. I could be wrong though, apparently Armitage played a ripper for the Sandringham Zebras on the weekend! *Sigh…*

Carlton vs West Coast

Saturday 21 April 4:35PM – MCG

Last time they met: West Coast 15.10.100 def. Carlton 12.11.83

Top 5 Scores: M Kreuzer 133, M Murphy 128, C Curnow 122, J Kennedy 120, N Vardy 105

Josh J Kennedy is back, baby! Kennedy’s return to West Coast on the weekend was a success, booting 5 goals against the Suns in an easy win. Carlton are even worse than Gold Coast. Could Kennedy kick 10? If he does, make sure you have the VC on him. Patty Cripps is the only other one I’d consider for this game, and it would depend very much on Mark Hutchings being named. Hutchings is a good tagger, and if he lines up on Cripps, please don’t VC him. You’re only hurting yourself.

Port Adelaide vs Geelong

Saturday 21 April 7:10PM – Adelaide Oval

Last time they met: Geelong 11.15.81 def. Port Adelaide 11.13.79

Top 5 Scores: P Dangerfield 163, J Selwood 134, J Polec 128, S Selwood 112, O Wines 110

Can we agree that Patrick Dangerfield is due for a big one? We paid $749k for you, and you’re letting us down, Patrick! Lift! Brad Ebert may go to him, but how much is he going to do, really? Dangerfield’s pretty untaggable, so the tag may go to Selwood instead. Dangerfield’s breakeven is up over 200, but we all know he’s capable of achieving those lofty heights. Unlikely? Probably. But if we don’t have hope, what do we have?

Fremantle vs Western Bulldogs

Saturday 21 April 8:10PM – Optus Stadium

Last time they met: Fremantle 13.11.89 def. Western Bulldogs 10.13.73

Top 5 Scores: D Mundy 143, M Bontempelli 133, T Liberatore 131, L Dahlhaus 124, N Fyfe 113

I like the look of David Mundy top scoring last time these two teams met. I also like the look of David Mundy’s form so far this year. I probably won’t have the guts to pick him, but I’m hoping he goes big. If I was to pick a VC from this game, it would be between Nat Fyfe and Marcus Bontempelli. The Bont has a 3-round average against the Dockers of 112.7, compared to Fyfe’s 106.7. Not much splitting them. I would probably be leaning slightly towards Fyfe, just because I think the Dogs are struggling and Fremantle are looking good this year, much to the delight of Damo.

North Melbourne vs Hawthorn

Sunday 22 April 3:20PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: Hawthorn 18.8.116 def. North Melbourne 14.5.89

Top 5 Scores: J Gunston 124, I Smith 118, L Breust 115, L Hodge 109, J Sicily 107

Tom Mitchell is going to get tagged by Ben Jacobs this week, so he’s not your set and forget Perma-Captain he has been every other week. Jacobs is the only reason North Melbourne don’t have an average losing margin of 100+ points, so stay away from captaining Titch this week. Okay, that might be harsh, but you get the jist. Jarryd Roughead is my smoky for this game, as he could be the beneficiary of Hawthorn belting North Melbourne, and could take a few big clunks over the developing Vickers-Willis and kick a few goals. He hasn’t cracked the ton so far this year, but he also hasn’t played North Melbourne. Lock him in.

Brisbane vs Gold Coast

Sunday 22 April 4:40PM – Gabba

Last time they met: Brisbane 22.10.142 def. Gold Coast 12.12.84

Top 5 Scores: D Beams 138, S Martin 129, L Taylor 129, J Martin 127, T Rockliff 125

The big game. The Queensland Derby between two of the worst teams in the AFL always manages to pull a massive crowd of 15,000+, full of angry rugby fans who only know the Brisbane Lions because they wear maroon on their guernsey. Dayne Zorko is in seriously bad form, and doesn’t historically score great against Gold Coast anyway, and Dayne Beams is also in bad form this year, so I wouldn’t pick either of them. Stef Martin could be an option, as his only sub-par score this year came against big Maxy Gawn, and apart from that game is averaging 119.7, so he’s my pick for this round. Jarrod Witts is going nicely, but I think Martin’s still the better player for now, so lock him in if you want a captain from this game.

Melbourne vs Richmond

Tuesday 24 April 7:25PM – MCG

Last time they met: Richmond 12.16.88 def. Melbourne 11.9.75

Top 5 Scores: T Nankervis 127, M Hibberd 124, J Riewoldt 120, C Oliver 115, T McDonald 109

There’s a lot of potential captaincy options this game, but you can’t choose them all. Clayton Oliver, Dustin Martin, Max Gawn and even Jesse Hogan can all be considered for captain, with Hogan playing a midfield role which is very Supercoach friendly. Which is really nice to see for his sake, considering what that young man’s been through recently. Dusty hasn’t cracked the ton against Melbourne for a number of years now, so I wouldn’t be picking him for this week. Gawn has only played Richmond once in the past 3 years, but he scored 160, so that’s a good sign and I’d back him to dominate Nank in the ruck. Clayton Oliver has only played Richmond once in his life, and scored 115. I think he’ll score well this week, but that’s a really small sample size to go by. You won’t go wrong with picking him though, in my opinion. Jesse Hogan is more of a ‘Hey, what the heck?’ pick, and if you select him as captain and it turns out for you, please hit me up on Twitter, I’d love to hear!

Collingwood vs Essendon

Wednesday 25 April 3:20PM – MCG

Last time they met: Essendon 18.9.117 def. Collingwood 12.8.80

Top 5 Scores: D Zaharakis 120, M Hurley 117, Z Merrett 109, J Kelly 107, S Sidebottom 106

Brodie Grundy. What an absolute beast. Had 30+ hitouts and 30+ disposals in the same game last week, and is the top ranking ruckman so far this year. 3 of his opponents so far have been McEvoy, Kreuzer and Jacobs, who are all elite ruckman in their own right. And have a look who Grundy’s playing this week – Bellchambers. Steele Sidebottom’s in terrific form as well, but how can you pass up captaining Grundy? He won’t let you down, and that’s the Sloanian guarantee.

Post MaSloane’s Top 8 (Non-Dangerfield) Captain Picks

• Brodie Grundy
  • Stef Martin
  • Jarryd Roughead
  • Jesse Hogan
  • Max Gawn
  • Josh J Kennedy
  • Clayton Oliver
  • Rory Sloane

The Cheat Sheet

Damo is a man of few words, so we’ll let his cheat sheet do the talking!

What are your moves this week, community?

Notify of
guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
TommyC99

Which option pls guys? Got 26 trades left

1. Kruez – Nic Nat
2. Ryan – Mirra/Guelfi/ZGL, Kruez – Grundy
3 Hold

SCDamien

What sort of cash you got in the bank, mate?

TommyC99

Hey mate, got 51k currently, just short of going straight swap to Grundy unfortunately. And I feel like this is the last week I’ll be able to do this due to the high th BE of Kruez and low BE of Grundy. And got English to cover one of Gawn and Grundy during the byes if I picked option 2

SCDamien

That does make it hard, but you really should preserve your trades. Kreuz to Nic Nat this week and then Ryan to Guelfi next week, when Matt is on the bubble would be my recommendation.

TommyC99

Cheers mate! What about if ZGL is back this week? He is on the bubble

BVB21

I would hold.

The rookies aren’t on the bubble.

You do have to get rid of Ryan but I would wait a week

TommyC99

Cheers mate! What about if ZGL is back this week?

Tyruddanaut

Hold Ryan for another week. Should’ve jumped on Richards or Henry when you had the chance.

I’d say Kreuz to Nic Nat. He will only improve with game time and is quite cheap

TommyC99

Yeah cheers mate. I jumped on Henry last week. Kept Ryan to loophole

trexrex

LDU or Barry –> Coffield?

LDU seems incapable of a decent score and how long do we think Barry is out for?

SCDamien

Don't know how long Barry is out for, but I'd go LDU to Coffield.

BVB21

Barry unlikely to get back in the team so would trade him out

TOPHAWK1

Barry will be this year's Eddy at Port. That is how Ken Hinkley rolls. I flicked him last week for Crowden. If Barry is named, and I eat humble pie, get rid of LDU for Coffield. If Barry is not named, remove immediately. Cheers mate.

Lazza

I’d hold for 1 more week and look to bring Mirra in next week.. if he does well this week he will likely hold his spot until Birchall returns. He will give you a better return than Coffield.
Trading LDU to gain $30k is a wasted trade. At least Mirra will give you a cash grab of $100k+. Trading Barry will give you a negative return.

Krups

Love the poem

SCDamien

Thanks mate! Rucks are hard to cheat sheet this year as most went in with a pretty settled set up.

I have to be creative.

Jim_bob321

Hey community,
I've got both Billings and Hibbo sadly..
Got 220k in the bank, and cos Lewis is out with the broken hand, thinking Hibbo could lift
Regarding trades, would I be foolish to not hold billings and trade to R. Gray with the VC on him.. against the Cats at Adelaide.
OR
Should i just keep both and not make any trades
Thanks community!

StevoRivo

I’m in a similar situation with Hibbo. Holding for this week. Think his role may change with Lewis out. Billings to Gray is a good move but the round 10 bye will hurt. If you can cover that bye then go for it.

Leigh

Hibberd to Hurley and Kelly GWS to Coniglio. Thoughts please

TOPHAWK1

Hibberd to Hurley is a dumb trade with Lewis now out with a busted hand. Give Hibbo one last roll of the dice (I am) and hope he can turn it around and take control of the back line. Kelly to Coniglio is a trade worth considering. There are now rumblings that Kelly could be out for 3-4 weeks! Cheers mate.

theRealPod

Agree☝

Whitey

Wouldn't call it a dumb trade tophawk, if you haven't burnt too many trades yet I can't argue with Hibberd to Hurley but if you have used a few trades you might need to hold.

KrapCoach

McRae or Hogan?
Sicily or Ryan?

StevoRivo

Nice work Damo.
Brayshaw to Coffield seems logical as it opens up dpp swing with Finlayson.
Should I double up and move Hibberd to Yeo or Hurley? Other than Laird & Hibbo, the defence is all rooks.

Mike

LOOKS LIKE KELLY IS OUT FOR A WHILE . GRR

Sc_Wow

66 told you that last week

admit it

YES HE/YOU DID

INPieman

Get rid of him

dontblushbaby

The C loophole looks very thin this week especially with WC playing early in the round.

The ones who nail the C this week will pick up points against their opponents

Lazza

Not if you have Gawn or Dusty as C with pretty much every other top SC performer playing before them

The Ranger

Tempted by Gawn, he must be due a biggie.

Lazza

Guess it depends on how many non players you have and how you can stagger them .. the first 2 games offer up great Vic options

Nice Cheatsheet Damo!

Want to discuss Nicholas Coffield trade in situation.

All my rooks have attainable BE's this week with ZGL coming back very soon and Murphy hopefully getting a recall.

Is it worth passing on Coffield and target Mirra and Guelfi next week when Bonner and Brayshaw will likely completely max out on their cash generation? Or is Coffield a must get now for Brayshaw and why? I am tempted to hang on to my 28 trades so I can trade my A-RSE off during the byes and thereafter to come home hard at the back end of the season. Thoughts?

P.S This scenario is based on there being no major rookie omissions on Thursday.

Ahmad rubas

Don't think coffield is a must have with his high price but someone like me who started with a bad structure where I have to bench Murray I could possibly trade coffield in and move him to def bench and play finalayson in midfield and Murray on field. But coffield seems to score well so maybe waste to have on the bench

TOPHAWK1

Thanks mate. Leaning to giving Coffield a miss. The swing with Finlayson would have been handy but not crucial, as both rooks will probably be gone by the time the byes start anyway. It is then you need to have the swingers ready. 😉

Ahmad rubas

Why is it then are when swingers are needed?

TOPHAWK1

Swingers are needed to ensure flexibility between your lines during the 3 weeks players are out of action because of the byes. Also wives and girlfriends tend to get very frustrated with coaches during that time of the year…….lol

Russty_

Hey Hawk, I was gonna get Coffield this week too but am also passing, not worth a trade I reckon, like you said, the Saints are shite this year and he could easily drop a 30 this week and flatline and become another useless high priced spud on the pine.

TOPHAWK1

Yep. I have enough slow burners in my side. Brayshaw, Bonner, and Naughton. Why risk getting sucked in with a fourth one. I need fast cash to get competitive in my leagues and move up the rankings.

To be fair on Naughton, I am probably a bit harsh as he is starting to show a bit. He might back up again in WA (Peel Thunder boy) this week against the Dockers.

Going to sit back this week and see what Mirra and Guelfi produce and hopefully pounce on one or both next week.

I just feel that having trades in the bank with plenty of cash will allow you to come home like Winx down the straight at Flemington at the end of the season.

Cheers Russty.

Russty_

Doing the same here mate, I'd like to see , if those 2 play this week how they go, if they both hit 70+ again it's a done deal, gotta build that warchest.

gator59

You're a wise man Russty.. You have finally seen the light with our Sainters

Russty_

I finally learned my lessons from the Mastergator lol

TommyC99

Im passing on Coffield. Don't think trading a Brayshaw or Dow or whoever around that price gives us enough coin to warrant the trade. And at an inflated price, has to average higher than a Mirra or Guelfi. Just don't think there will be enough cash earned make that sort of trade

TOPHAWK1

I tend to agree. Coffield also plays for Saint Kilda who have major on field issues at the moment. I will probably keep my trades this round and set my self up for a "shock and awe" trading blitz starting in the next 2-3 weeks. Cheers

Paul

I'm in the same boat, have all of Dow, Brayshaw, Barry and Bonner and am also rolling with Murray currently on the bench. Just don't think the 30k is worth burning a trade given Guelfi and Mirra floating about last week.

Only reason to do it would be to be able to start all of Finlayson, Doedee, Bonner and Murray (via Finlayson swing), but probably worth playing the long game.

Looks like no trades for me and then double down next week with Venables down to Guelfi and probably Dow / Brayshaw down to Mirra via DPP. Should give me 300k plus to upgrade the following week.

The Ranger

I'm likely to do the Venables – Coffield trade this week TH.
I've liked the look of Coffield in the JLT and his first two games, he uses the ball well which is what the Saints have been missing and the team not playing well just increases the chances of the ball being in his area.
And there are very few def/mid rookies this year, I count eight more other then Finlayson and Coffield and few of them will get game time. I see Coffield as an important player for my future trading.

Swans2012

Agree

Hi Ranger,

I don't have Venables and punted Barry last week for Crowden. I do have ZGL and Murphy. If neither are named this week I may need to re consider getting Coffield. Can't have too many rooks not making cash either. It's a fine balance. I guess we will know at 6.30 when the teams drop. Cheers

Swans2012

I get the feeling I'll regret not taking coffield for Barry if I don't do it, helps with the flexibility as well, I think he looks like a yes to me

Hi Swans,

I don't have Barry as I got rid of him last week. If Barry is not named, by all means grab Coffield. I fear Barry will be last year's Eddy. Cheers

Jace

Barry will be back at some stage just depends when that is.

Swans2012

Agree, they make no money when they don't play, not to mention I always seem to miss one of these good rookie defenders each year because I'm being overly tight with trades. He looks the goods to me….

Valens_FC

Passing on Coffield because I think Lochie O'Brien (DEF/MID) could be a better option on the bubble in two week's time. He only got 46 in his first game in Tassie, but he looked good to the eye. Courageous and likes the contested ball… I can see him getting a run in the team, showed a lot more than Dow. At $162k not cheap, but Finlayson increasingly looking like a keeper so the swing could be important.

Lazza

Kelly and Lobb both out for GWS this week.

Rick Grimes

Is Cogs a top 10 mid. Im tired of Zorko and it seems a no brainer to make a straight swap. I know its sideways but Zorko is goinbg to be targeted out of every game.

TOPHAWK1

If I was in your situation, I would probably succumb to that temptation. With Kelly being out again, and likely to miss a few more weeks, Cogs will be scoring plenty of points. I dont have Zorko, but I feel something is up with him. He could turn into a serious burn man this year. Just my take though. Good luck!

TRIGGA_HAPPY

And Tarranto. Looking like a good move bringing him in early.

D_I_L_D_O_R

I have Zorko too, decided that im holding this week, i knew when i picked him he can do this, but remember why we picked him, one of the few blokes that can pump out a 190, give him one more chance against GC

Ken

Will Coniglio finish top 10 midfield? If so who will finish top 10?

TOPHAWK1

Sorry mate. I am not going to list my top 10. Dont have the time for that. There is no reason Cogs cannot not be top 10. He is an Elite player now.

Rick Grimes

Cogs was on track to be super elite a couple years back. He's showing what he can do now.

Derek

He is ranked 4 on averages so far….. but EdCurnow, Swallow, Polec and Lyons are also all ranked in the top 12.

It just shows that it is too early to tell.

There are some players who start really well because the ground is hard and they don’t get any attention and many other things. Stanton was always a good starter.

I don’t think Coniglio will be too 10, but he will be in the next group. There is some quality players in that second group.

I think we can pick someone from that second group to be a keeper as long as they are durable and very likely to play every game.

Difference between a coniglio who averages 110 and a Crouch who averages 115 might only be 80 points over the rest of the year, but if Crouch misses a game and you need your bench cover, there might be the difference.

I was worried about Coniglios durability, but he does seem to be going ok, well enough that I brought him in last week as a keeper

My top 8 mids are; Danger, Fyfe, Dusty, TMitch, Parker, MCrouch, Kelly, Oliver.

Russty_

Wish I'd started with him now, but he'll be unaffordable soon, started with Shitfield instead, and promptly traded him out for Dusty after 3 weeks, so much for going for pods lol

neil Demons Delight

Based on averages I would have Cogs for Kelly but total points is difficult could even be Kelly FOR Kelly

Ahmad rubas

Ben Jacobs vs tom Mitchell
Best tagger against best ball winner
In your opinion can Jacobs limit titch to under 100

TOPHAWK1

Bernie Vince did it last week, so Ben Jacobs could obviously give it a shake. I reckon Titch will be hell bent on breaking Jacobs. If not, he will have the Rory Sloane "cant handle the tag" cloud hanging over him. Trust me, he doesnt want that…..Will be interesting to see how Titch handles it though. Cheers mate.

Rick Grimes

Gonna be fascinating. I reckon Titch will break the tag this week.

Russty_

Yeah he could Ahmad, I wouldn't use Titch as Captain this week.

ABC 4 AFL

No I think he will get over 100 handily just not a 150 type score.
Will be happy to bank a 125 VC score this week though.

Dean

Josh Kelly to either Coniglio or Macrae?

Russty_

Kelly to Cogs is a good trade, and makes you some nice moola.

Dean

Russty cheers was thinking that but huge difference in ownership Cogs 37% of teams, where as Macrae only in 4%

Russty_

True mate, was just thinking of the money factor over the pod factor, depends on what's more important to you though 🙂

Derek

Macrea is going to attract attention. I bet all money Banfield tags him this week. Other coaches will be watching closely.

Banfield has done some really good tag roles. Hall and Merrett

Whitey

I know he hasn't started well but Merrettis also an option as well. I think he will come good and is almost 500k.

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Word is Kruez to miss this week and Kelly definately next 2.

Groins linger pull the trigger finger.

hedski

Ah crud. Bang bloody Bang it is.

joel

kreuzer – nic nat
bonner – yeo

thoughts?

only drains my bank down to 28k and still wanting to grab danger in the coming weeks is the only issue

joel

or
kreuzer – nic nat ONLY and now have $219k in the bank

then next week trade
Bonner – Mirra
holman or brayshaw to dangerfield * (providing i have enough cash otherwise may have to trade another rookie..)

Russty_

Yeah that sounds better Joel. Give Bonner one more chance regardless I think.

Russty_

Hey Joel, maybe just go Kreuz to Nicnat this week and hold Bonner, Yeo shouldn't go up in price this week.

MOD143

Personally handing the VC to Buddy. Thoughts Community?

Dean

Worth it i reckon, buddy will either go huge or average. If he scores average then just put the C on Titch or Dusty

MOD143

Yeah that’s what I was thinking

Harry

Hey, sorry for the noobie question but I traded Kelly to Dusty, if i was to reverse the trade would I lose the trade or keep it?

Russty_

Why are you reversing it Harry?…Dusty would make a good Captain this week.

Rick Grimes

Second that. Good trade. And don't apologise, no such thing as a bad question on here.

Harry

I'm not have made the trade just always wondered if i'd lose the trade if i reversed haha. thanks a lot!

Russty_

Oh ok mate, just remember you can't reverse your trades after lockout, even though you can trade during the round.

SC_Sixty6

If danger doesn't post at least a 140 I will trade that over rated brownlow medallist!

Hah..I can see you regretting that 66, you're joking right? 🙂

pod
Sc_Wow

Old news mate

KSinny

Ok guys so I'm thinking of just bringing Danger in this week for Kelly that way I won't have to worry about how to get money to get him anymore, this also allows me to focus on upgrades in other positions instead of how and when to being Danger in. Thoughts on this community?

Russty_

Hey Ksinny, you could afford to wait a week or 2, he'll drop in price more next 2 weeks, maybe 50 grand.
Could get someone else good this week if you have to trade, but budget for Danger in a week or 2.

Dean

Getting danger now is crazy, what's going on with dangers scores is a dream for those without him, get him later not now his BE is over 200

Whatyasmokin

Danger could plummet down to 600K not at his best right now. I might even wait till the byes

Getting Danger does stuff my round 14

Jordan

Do I hold josh Kelly or do I go straight to danger even though he will drop. I want to keep him but if he is out for more than one more week I can’t hold… I don’t want to pull the trigger yet though this week but then it could be too late AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!! Hellllpppp

Feeling the same.

We have to trade

Billy Brainless VS

Trading Kelly this week myself. Danger can wait though (will be much cheaper) he can come in in 2 weeks for Bonner/Fisher types.

KSinny

Kelly to Cogs or play it safe and grab Macrae or Oliver?

Ja191

I like the macrae pick. Feel like you missed the boat on conigs unless you believe he will be a keeper

KSinny

Yeh thinking the same thing

Whatyasmokin

Cogs is a keeper I reckon. All are guns though big ball magnets.

fcabel

Oliver’s your man if looking for top mid

theRealPod

Oliver is a star.

TommyC99

Thoughts on a cheeky Nic Nat VC, especially if Kruez is out? Probably need to see more game time first but should dominate

Derek

Lycett still taking a lot of the rucks

Billy Brainless VS

True, not a high enough ceiling for NicNat at this stage with limited minutes.

Defying_Madness

I don't have any other options apart from Laird and Coniglio (if I bring him in) so I will be going for it probably

SteveC

Agree with all the replies and he is also a little down on his usual scoring – get him in 2-weeks

Billy Brainless VS

Suggestions please – Forward Line needs fixing ASAP as in weeks ago.

Fwd: Heeney, Petracca, Sicily , Fisher, Fritsch, Garlett. (Fogarty, Venables)

Garlett and Fogarty will be moved to MID bench and J.Kelly and A.Brayshaw will be traded (gives me a bank of 1060k for 2 forwards this week)

Liking R.Gray (532) and ???

Greene (528)
Menegola (524)
McLean (522)
Mundy (518)
Hogan (485)

Whatyasmokin

McLean and Menegola for mine. Gray would be nice too and suggested buddy is almost a must have for huge scoring potential. Decide on your top three you will have alongside your current three keepers. Get the best value ones first pick them off through the season.

Billy Brainless VS

Thanks Im gonna go Gray and Menegola then. If I went Buddy I would only have 516k for another FWD.
McLean and or Buddy can be added at a later stage as I may move Sicily down back if need be – no need now as the backline is fine and after adding a fallen premo in the MIDS or Dangerfield after dropping further in price I can move Finlayson to the backline.

theRealPod

Gray & Menegola then Greene, McLean, Hoges, Mundy.

fcabel

Buddy

Ando

Who to play on field this week?

Holman, Banfield, or Coffield?

Whatyasmokin

I'm playing Holman against Brisbane keeping the faith.

DacZawson

Holman, Coffield, Banfield

Marty

Holman named on extended bench. Wait and see.

Ando

Zorko to Macrae or Oliver?

I feel as though Macrae will be tagged by Banfield this week.

Whatyasmokin

It's a big call mate, write down your 8 preferred midfielders and see if they fit, if they both do then get the one at the best value currently.

Ando

Cheers mate!

Ja191

Macrae getting tagged this week doesn’t mean much it’s more in the long run. Pick who you think will finish higher

Ando

True. Cheers!

paul

Banfield at 20 is a kid if they do that Macrae will be all over him.

DacZawson

Watch Freo's last two games Paul, Banfield has been locking down some decent players

Derek

Does anyone know for certain how long Venables will be out for.

I read someone posted 10 weeks, but then read today that “he didn’t train with the main group”

Whatyasmokin

West Australian reported a day ago he'll be out same trime frame as Ryan.

Whatyasmokin
JEL

AFL injuries web page has him listed as 10-12

Thanks. He better go

Ken

Thoughts on pendles? Is he a good pick??

Whatyasmokin

I like what pendles is doing this year. Flying under the radar a bit……seen the tackle counts? Keep it quiet alright 😉

Ken

Why is his scores barely cracking the ton? His tackle count is pretty high

theRealPod

Nice pod

ROBOCOP14

Thoughts on Tim Taranto? Gonna keep scoring around 100 or trap? Would only have to drop Venables to get him..

Rapid growth

Yes hes a great option quality and tackles also no Kelly or Scully so more time in the middle , i have just brought him in and gives you DPP.

ROBOCOP14

Cool thanks man, I like having a team of pod's, doesn't always work out but like it in head to head matches…. Nothing worse than playing someone with the same team!

neil demons delight

Great write up fellas Olango comment spot on. No sign of Fisher Thought he would be there cheers

Crowboy94

Lachie Murphy wont be playing again this week.
Rookie Myles Poholke is a chance to play.

Tiger Man

Merrett in for Kelly? Feel like he will build on that 107 and is currently under 500k.

The Ranger

Easy Tiger. Not yet.

Derek

Have another look. Still has 130 BE.

Very interested at $480k. Had a spot reserved for MCrouch, but he is very tempting

Steeeve

I'm in the exact same boat. And a sub 100 score from dusty could cause me to aim for him instead of M Crouch.

theRealPod

Grabbing fallen premiums name of the game. Will he go top 10 mids?

DavidSA

Merrett is usually a very consistent 90-110 premo with the occasional 120+

Degone Smith?

Time to trade Devon Smith?

Why?

Marty

What did you expect him to average? I was expecting 95ish so he is pretty much doing what he needs to do. Change him to a premo forward later on if you need to.

ROBocop14

Thoughts on Jared Polec and David Swallow? Lads have been smashing it! POD'S?

“You can’t be serious”

DavidSA

go outside and smell your bin… the smell remember that well

ROBOCOP14

Good one

Rick Grimes

Agree on Swallow. Hes under the radar and going very nicely. But he's a bit of a burnman for as few. I've certainly seen worse players being pumped by sone.

Ash

Sideways Sloane or hold? The HEROES, VILLAINS AND THE DAMNED post had him damned, AFL website says he's in doubt and now the captains corner has got me thinking potential VC!

Cam_H

Ash,

For what it's worth, I am able to sideways trade him to Dusty this week. Rory Sloane has been playing with an ankle injury for two weeks now (last week; 12 handballs and 4 kicks – I'm surprised it was that many kicks). The fact that he historically scores well against Sydney should not in itself be reason enough to put your VC on a guy who last week could hardly run.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Ash

Thanks Cam, he did look a bit cooked last week. Now that he's not named I think I'll sideways him to Oliver.

Russty_

Good call, could always get him back in later in the season if you're keen, he is a tag hag though.

Sc_Wow

Watch billings ton up this week. Can’t wait to get him in cheap

Actor/Model

I have enough $ to Bring in Zach Merrett. Should I wait another week for potential price drop which would mean playing Holman on field. My Main focus is on league wins. Other option is hold off on Zerrett and keep the $300k war chest for Dangerfield in a few weeks. As Mark Bozza would say ‘ What do you’s guys think?’ .

BrownlowBoy

What are people doing with Brayshaw?

Ricardo

Brayshaw -> Coffield

Simo

I'm sitting him on the pine til a decent MID bubble appears, but also keeping a real close eye on his BE

David C

He only needs one big score to start making money. Bit of a waste of a trade at the moment. I'm holding him.

KSinny

As long as he plays I'm holding, unless he starts losing heaps of cash

Marty

Brayshaw to Gray.

Russty_

Nothing at the moment for me, surely he has to get better than what he has been so far.

Multi_

Danger has a corked calf Scott talking to the media now

gator59

That's not good…I seen them strapping it last week..Alarm bells went off straight away..Hope it's not too serious

DavidSA

He will play? Guy has played with bruised ribs ect

Lazza

Danger – the proverbial Black Knight..

Derek

He is a bit of a DramaKing.

theRealPod

Looking forward to his new TV show on channel 7, snd his massive score this week.

DavidSA

Imagine Danger getting 200 against Port > coaches get itchy trade finger after round 5, bring him in then his next 3 games are back down to 100-110. Seen stranger things

Not the Netflix stranger things 😶

neil Demons Delight

I notice,,, in the league I want to do well in ( TRIGG'S HAPPY HOUR ) most have one of the big three missing.. For me to get mine (DUSTY) I will need either to grab a 400 k player such as TARANTO as a keeper OR kill 2 trades and trade slow burners BARRY and BRAYSHAW in order to raise the coin Which is the better

DavidSA

It's better to swipe at a fallen Premo like Merrett 478k most likely after this round.
2nd best is getting those players like Taranto fwd or Sicily who are scoring well above the current price tag. No Scully and Kelly makes Taranto very safe.

neil Demons Delight

Agree David Zorko or Merrett will be cheap Taranto certainly makes appeal

Lazza

Who are the big three? … are you talking current or historic? Titch, Dusty and ???
I know you mean Danger, but he is closer to 20th than 3rd at the moment … those who don't have him will wait whilst his price drops … gives you the opportunity to gain points by trading up now. Food for thought.

neil Demons Delight

So true Lazza maybe Grundy is the new one

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Bringing in #3 this week
Welcome Dusty.

hedski

Same Trigga.

MRmoMAN

Danger 50/50 chance to play this weekend with his calf!

DavidSA

if he does not play against Port that's a huge kick to the plums for those who started with him.
3/5 played and still will have the 200 BE

Lazza

Can't play with out it 🙂

Derek

Scott said there is No doubt he will play.

theRealPod

Good news, now a 200 would be nice.

Steeeve

If he missed I'd just trade him to dusty now and wait for his price to keep dropping. But he will play and I'm throwing the C on him.

TheGreatBozza

Kreuzer owners, what are we doing? I've got the chest to go Kreuzer to Grundy, I just hate offloading premiums who are playing. I've still got 28 trades left and no other issues other than Billings (holding) or going Brayshaw to Coffield

TheGreatBozza

Also have English as a ruck cover btw

DavidSA

if it earns you 25+ pts per round I would say it's worth it if going for rank.

gator59

Trading him out to dog dog and pocket a bit of cash

TheGreatBozza

Who is dog dog? Sorry if I missed the memo haha

Nicnat Bozza

TheGreatBozza

Cheers russty.
It’s defs between Nic Nat and Grundy for me now. Got the funds for Grundy so might pull the trigger

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Kruez not playing this week

The Ranger

Where are you hearing that Trigga?

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Drums beating now fact
Will miss this week maybe next
Just didn't look right since returning

The Ranger

Nice call Trigga.

Finnius

Going Kreuzer to Grundy. for 20 points a game and less injury risk it is worth it.

neil Demons Delight

Gator and Russty would be rapt to see the MIGHTY SAINTS chasing de GOEY. Together with KENT they will form a mighty midfield

gator59

We're looking at getting our seconds sorted out first Neil

neil Demons Delight

Just heard Meg Hutchins has been delisted from Collingwood's womens team Imagine her in a SAINTS Guernsey..

Sam Stone

What are your thought on Josh Dunkley boys?, Seems to be doing real good as a POD

seen_burns

I started with him, but was more so in my team as a cash cow who scores well like people with Christensen. Don't think he's a keeper/premium.

D_I_L_D_O_R

Sam Stone

I had him in for the same reason, looked good in pre season and a local boy. But know looks like I might not trade him at all, seeming consistent and looks to be secure in the bulldogs side

Ando

Sorry guys, noob alert.

With West Coast playing the 2nd game on Saturday, and Olango and the VC loophole, does that mean you can only C players in the 2 matches before?

Derek

You mean, can only VC players in the two games before.

The C can be anyone who plays after the VC

Ando

Oh really?

I thought that once the C's team has played, the VC's score gets locked in?

Russty_

Hey Ando, you might be a bit confused mate, if Olango is your only option to use as the captain's loophole then you have to put the VC on someone from the first 2 games, if your VC gets a score you're happy with, then whack the C on Olango (onfield) with the E on your playing Ruckman.

Ando

Cheers Russty! I'm on the same page now haha.

Russty_

No dramas mate, you'll figure out the loopholes, you can do captain's loophole and emergency loopholes, you just need to make sure you can monitor each game..if you're actually having a life and getting out of the house that weekend, maybe just set the Captain you trust the most and then forget about it lol.

Ando

Haha cheers mate!

Mongrel Punt

Any love for Bret Deledio in the community?
2 scores in the 90s. Low BE. Fwd eligible. Dearth of fwds means he may end up top 10 fwd. Or am I just desperate

Ja191

more of a position thing with lids. If he can maintain a good role he will score well but he may be played forward a lot (cameron has said he will rotate him forward). Plus there is the big possibility of injury. I can seeing him going well in the next few weeks with so many injuries, could be a good pod pick

theRealPod

Until that calf goes pop

Tyruddanaut

Don’t look too much into those scores. He’s on the fall at the moment for Supercoach and changes roles more occasionally than others

The Ranger

LTI waiting to happen isn't he?

Mongrel Punt

Th

Mongrel Punt

Thanks guys. Think I'll steer clear of him. Focus on the premos I reckon

Westy

I was happy to start with him but was concerned after 3 rounds the last 2 have been great for a mid 300s fwd.

Jordan

Pendles, Oliver or macrae? I have always loved pendles and I still love him but don’t know if he’s an Uber premium anymore. Thoughts? (Please say pendles)

Rhys

Follow your heart and go Pendles. Barring injury, at worst he'll score in the 90s, but surely he has some 120ish scores coming up soon.

INPieman

Pendles still scoring ok but doesn't seem to have the real big one's anymore

Russty_

Hey Pies, Collingwood are playing better lately so I reckon he could get into the swing of things soon and lift his scoring.

INPieman

He plays weird roles Russty. Back up Ruck, tagged Cripps last week. He's also played forward & back

Greg

With 28 trades and 90k in the bank, is it prudent to go Barry to Coffield this week? Essentially, how many trades should you be looking to have at this stage of the season?

KSinny

Yeah if you have 28 why not I've got 26 after using one this week.

Derek

if you think the trade will nett you around $175k you do it.

i ponder what a trade is worth, maybe i would target $200k a trade, but early in the season take a bit less.

Coffield could go to $350k and therefore you have made your cash. But if barry gets a few more games and goes up as well, your gain becomes alot less.

will Barry play soon?

I'm holding him but will look at trading out venables.

INPieman