You can get a man out of Supercoach, but you can’t get the Supercoach out of a man.

Old Ocker – community legend, man of the people, statistical wizard – has thrown together all the breakevens from the upcoming round.

DOWNLOAD ALL THE BREAKEVENS HERE

As Lek and Patch spoke about in the Podcast, there are four blokes who are absolutely essential to be in your sides, and one look at their breakevens will tell you exactly why.

PLAYER PRICE TOTAL POINTS GAMES PLAYED SEASON AVE R1 R2 BREAK EVEN
Timothy Kelly $117,300 235 2 117.5 118 117 -167
Tom Doedee $123,900 201 2 100.5 86 115 -129
Nick Holman $102,400 188 2 94.0 96 92 -128
Jeremy Finlayson $123,900 193 2 96.5 87 106 -121

Only 58 per cent of sides have selected Tim Kelly. If you’re one of the 42 per cent, PULL. YOUR. HEAD. IN.

On the flipside, the four highest breakevens present a murkier picture.

PLAYER PRICE TOTAL POINTS GAMES PLAYED SEASON AVE R1 R2 BREAK EVEN
Marc Murphy $595,000 134 2 67 61 73 213
Dayne Zorko $608,900 137 2 68.5 32 105 218
Tom Rockliff $529,400 72 2 36 55 17 237
Zach Merrett $600,600 112 2 56 17 95 239

Merrett and Zorko you have to hold – Zorko’s 32 will drop out of his rolling average after this week anyway, as will Merrett’s 17, but both of them are rolled-gold premium options.

Murphy and Rockliff – role change and need to be flicked, Rockliff in particular. Neither will be useful by season’s end, so they can bugger off from our teams.

Download the full excel sheet above to get stuck in courtesy of Old Ocker!

But that’s not all

As he’s done for the last few years, his incredible, wonderful, behemoth of a spreadsheet detailing literally every stat you could possibly need to know. It contains every individual score for every individual player in every game dating back to 2011 – that’s six whole years worth of data! – as well as averages, standard deviations, price changes – you name it, he’s got it.

And the fandangled tabs along the bottom give you access even more – 2014-2017 stats gives you the statistical breakdown of every player’s game in every round over that three year period. Kicks, handballs, contested possessions, tackles, goals, EVERYTHING. He’s got the JLT scores in another tab and a whole bunch more.

It’s hard to undersell how ESSENTIAL this data is, and while he was unable to get it in and done and dusted over the preseason, to say “better late than never” doesn’t quite convey how incredibly useful this set of data is.

ACCESS OCKERS FULL STATS HERE

We can only imagine Higgo’s arousal curve at this data. It’s incredible to have Ocker back in the community – he’s back on Twitter and you can follow him here, which we encourage you to do. Bloody amazing to have his brain back.

Tuck in, folks. Let us know what you find in the spreadsheets in the comments below.

Freddy · 05/04/2018 at 17:10

Lovely stuff ocker!

Community, I need your opinion. Hold Callum Mills or trade to Luke Ryan/Curnow?

Patch · 05/04/2018 at 21:45

Would trade mate. Like the look of Lukey Ryan, despite the purple haze hanging over his head.

Patch · 05/04/2018 at 17:10

I'm lost for words at how comprehensive this information is. Ocker – you. bloody. LEGEND.

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 17:14

Cheers mate but unfortunately I have a personal life too, Especially now with the new Family.
    4 new little Ock's, AND the BOSS gave me permission to spend some time on AFL.

Cheers.

Patch · 05/04/2018 at 21:47

I'm no expert on numbers but four is a lot of Ockers! Family is always first mate

DacZawson · 05/04/2018 at 17:12

Start of league games always brings a little excitement.
Time to start cleaning the floor with my mates.

juddy · 05/04/2018 at 17:17

lambert to:
A) L.ryan
B) Taranto
C) Hold
D)hold lambert trade lobb instead

FWDS: Heeney, Lambert**, Mclean, Sicily, Smith, Lobb (fritsch ZGL)

cheers guys

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 17:31

TARANTO.

juddy · 05/04/2018 at 17:55

you seem very confident with him ock ?

Leeds17 · 06/04/2018 at 05:56

Though Ryan isn't a must have I think with your forward structure I'd be downdraing Lambert to him & looking to use the cash elsewhere.

pod · 06/04/2018 at 06:50

If you must trade Lambert go for cash gen. get Ryan. Taranto is good but I'm not sure he's a keeper yet best to wait and wstch him.

juddy · 05/04/2018 at 17:21

I am deadset against trading premiums usually but hibberd has an obvious change of role now an has lost those important kick ins.
He is going to be the 2017 heater who i held all year watched him leak cash and hated my self all post season for it.
So i do not want to make the mistake two years straight
Can I be forgiven and right for looking to offload him to a Shaw or Simpson??

thoughts.

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 17:25

Old man lives by many SuperCoach teachings of the past.
    However the face of SuperCoach is always changing and we must move with the times.
    I believe you have a legitimate reason to move him on but the decision to who is another thing.
    Hopefully the stats will make it an easier decision for you.

Cheers.
    PS: I considered too many defenders overprice and started with L Ryan instead of Hibberd.
    Happy I did that at the moment.

juddy · 05/04/2018 at 17:57

I had L.Ryan 90% of the preaseason and the final few days i swapped him to hibberd.
      But i did start Bonner and feel that is paying dividends.
      I might hold hibberd n pray he comes good

Leeds17 · 06/04/2018 at 05:58

It's 2 rounds, I'll be holding Hibbard maybe he'll do what Shaw did last year & just kill my side but I'm pretty confident he'll sit around a 95 ave by seasons end.

Rick Grimes · 05/04/2018 at 17:32

Awesome, thanks for this. I was excited to see I had all the blokes with the best breakevens until I realised I also had a bunch of the worst ones. *sigh*

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 18:01

Having some of the worst is not the end of the world.
    After all you bought them as keepers and the price becomes totally irrelevant once they are in your team.
    Conserve the trades.
    Haha I will contradict myself in this changing world of SuperCoach.

John · 05/04/2018 at 17:43

Old Ocker is a legend and a very wise old head I can't love the bloke enough and awesome to hear from him again keep up the awesome work Ock

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/04/2018 at 18:00

Seriously considering some very aggressive (perhaps rash) trades,
Option 1: Hibberd down to Shaw/Ryan (leaning towards shaw due to bye) and Naughton to Bonner
Option 2: Sicily down to Fisher and Naughton up to Bonner with about 70k left in the bank.
Should i just hold? It's only round 3 and this might be evidence that i'm losing my sanity. Happy with the rest of my team otherwise.

SC_Seer · 05/04/2018 at 18:57

I did Option 1 and i've been 3 years in a row top 500

DacZawson · 05/04/2018 at 20:55

How did you manage to slip in a personal brag into a fairly simple question

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:56

Haahah

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/04/2018 at 21:13

that track record deserves to be bragged lol

Rick Grimes · 06/04/2018 at 07:05

Not even a humble brag.

Hazey · 05/04/2018 at 20:53

I went Hibberd to Bonner, Jaegar to Danger. Bang bang!

David C · 06/04/2018 at 08:39

Crouching One would be proud

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:58

I like 2 Josh, maybe stick with the faith in Hibberd to bounce back, he's only played 2 games, The other one is more exciting and get's rid of flog factor 7 from your team! 🙂

Toby Tiger · 05/04/2018 at 18:05

I’m one of the unfortunates with Rayner in my squad, I don’t know why but I also backed Weitering at the start of the year. I’m thinking of weitering to doedee leaving enough to bring in Charlie Curnow, any other suggestions?

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 18:48

I like it. Pull the trigger. Doedee is a must get this week and Weitering is an absolute liability. Have you got Allen Christensen? I prefer him over C Curnow. Much cheaper. Cheers mate.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 18:50

Sounds good Toby, you should've started with Doedee though but it's not too late apart from the missed points, go for it mate.

Jim_bob321 · 05/04/2018 at 18:14

What do u fellas think of Cripps VC instead of Fyfe if the big Kreuz is back

SC_Sixty6 · 05/04/2018 at 18:18

What have you got to lose?

Exactly!

Jim_bob321 · 05/04/2018 at 18:18

Sarcasm?

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 19:03

I would not have Cripps in my team but if he is ever going to score really well it could be tonight.
    Haha.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:05

Why wouldn't you have Cripps in your team Ocker?

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 19:23

I don't believe he will be top 10 at years end.

Pete · 06/04/2018 at 17:30

Why do you say that Ocker?
          The guy is untaggable 20 plus of his possessions are contested..
          Do you think Zorko will finish top 10?
          Would love to hear your thought mate

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 18:34

O'Shea ommitted
Hunter Clark ommitted
D'arcy Fogarty ommitted.
David Mirra named on extended bench.
Braiden Ainsworth named on extended bench.
Jack Higgins named.
Nicholas Coffield named.
Ryan Garthwaite named on extended bench.

Plenty of new rooks coming through!

Dodged 3 bullets with those 3 ommitted. Dont own any of them. No trades this week. Happy days!

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 18:53

Bloody crap!..Giday Hawk, might have to re-evaluate my trades now, with Fogarty on the fwd bench..won't make any money, might have to keep Siciflog..crap!

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 18:59

Bloody unlucky. I thought Fogarty would have had another game this week. Hate that when a rook plays two games and then gets dropped. Siciflog will have to be your loophole slave on the bench this week mate. Which rook are you thinking of bringing in for Fogarty?

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:00

Might go for gold mate and bring higgins in early! 🙂

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 19:09

If you go early with a rook, he would be the one. He can play. If you have Ryan, Fritsch, but not Jake Waterman, he could be another option. If he has a half decent game he should make a decent amount of coin after this round. Might be better to just grab some cash and have a look at Higgins first. You can also bring in Higgins into your midfield. Hope your choice bears fruit. Cheers Russty

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:17

Thanks Hawk, not really sure what to do but I might take the one that makes me the most cash this week and even if I lose some points, it could be worth it, was going Flog to Curnow but feel I can't do that now….If you had Armitage would you give him another chance or punt his butt?

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 19:29

I dont have Armitage, but he is averaging 77 odd with a BE of 27. Not setting the world on fire, but if I had him, I would not punt him out of my side just yet.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:41

My concern with him is, he won't make Sweet F.A cash, but another bloke I'm thinking of will, for sure…aahh decisions. 🙂

NEIL Demons Delight · 05/04/2018 at 19:27

Hi Russty I play you in 3 leagues Russty and Gator in Triggs but I have the same problem Higgins is too risky this early.Try Martin o r Taranto good luck Russty THIS IS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT beating your mates and bragging rights cheers

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:43

Hey Neil mate, don't mind a bit of risk myself, that's why I starter Armo and Bonner and the Hawk flog, lol, and Whitfield, and Ryan, and Petracca and Bundy lol

Jim_bob321 · 05/04/2018 at 19:56

Are u gonna trade Armo to Coniglio or just keep him?
              After the omissions im really doubting that move now….. need urgent help

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:00

Hey Jim, No I chose Whitfield over Coniglio, thinking of going Armo to Cam Ellis Yoelman, call me crazy but I think it's a good trade.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/04/2018 at 18:58

Greene out hurts. What worries me if he does miss 3 weeks! Over $500k on the pine doesn’t sit well with me.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 19:19

Hi Shake. That scenario is the most frustrating. You think, what if he misses again next week? How bad is his hamstring? You then trade him out, and comes back the following week and smashes out 150. If you dont trade him out, and misses again, you are going to fall behind the pack. Its a nightmare scenario. Surely he should be back next week. That said, it might be worthwhile moving him on, as he could miss again next week and he is a serial basher and a high suspension risk as well. Perhaps sacrifice Greene and one trade and get a Toby McLean or Charlie Curnow type instead. Just my take though. Hope you make the right call mate.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 05/04/2018 at 19:45

I was ever so close to pulling the trigger last week to Mclean. With Libba out Mclean becomes more relevant. I should have smelt the roses last week when they said hammy tightness. To me it smells like a 3 weeker.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 06/04/2018 at 10:36

No flog rule serving me well.

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 19:31

Hi Shake and he is a flog but a better player than my flog Worth keeping mate good luck feor the season mat

Matt · 05/04/2018 at 19:01

Thoughts on these 2 rookie correction trades
Keeffe – Murphy (loses dpp with Sicily)
ZGL – Ryan

Or I can only do one of these and get rid of mills. But thinking I might wait for a premo to drop instead of picking up Ryan. Thoughts please guys I’m quite new?

Scouser · 06/04/2018 at 18:03

Keefe to Murphy solid Matt, will be lucky to get a game especially if there keys stay fit. ZGL to Ryan not so keen on.

POTS · 05/04/2018 at 19:07

Thoughts on Armitage? Is he worth keeping in the hope of him gaining match fitness?
Hibberd to Ryan or Bonner (doubts as D3)
Armitage to Coniglio

Have all the rookies.

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 19:41

Gator feels the same mate he warned me about ARMO early. Steele a bit stiff . Next YEAR the Sainters need… 2 big rucks like big boy a big solid forward not big like McCartin but strong tall The two lads down back will develop Clarke and Coffield but those trades 6 and 7 should have got them one of these or a Kelly/Sloan They are still in it though

Ryan · 05/04/2018 at 19:17

I have all trades remaining call me stupid but I’m trading Merrett to Coniglio I believe he will be a keeper then trading Kelly to Merrett in a couple of weeks to get to full premium faster, Thoughts on this community

KSinny · 05/04/2018 at 20:48

Don't do it

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:55

Hi Ryan..do you mean Josh Kelly? or Tim Kelly? I think if you chose Merrett, it was to be a keeper right? Could be a waste that one.

Josh · 05/04/2018 at 21:30

Bad trade, Merrett will average more then coniglio from here on out

Tyler · 05/04/2018 at 19:19

What to do with Hibberd community I feel all those rebounding defenders go through a patch of 70s and drop in value, 70 points isn’t as bad as an absolute turd like a 40!
He was on 69 at 3qrt time on the weekend surely a player of his quality and the aging Lewis and Vince going down with an injury he gets his role back or just improves at some point

Discuss with me community

Rick Grimes · 05/04/2018 at 20:43

Hold and back him in. Evaluate next week.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 22:04

Agreed. Hibberd is not going anywhere this week.

Doc_1 · 06/04/2018 at 07:47

With a bit of luck Sam frost in mighty take a bigger body in the back line and release Hibberd to play a more SuperCoach friendly role.
        I was looking at flicking but will give him another week or 2 with this selection.

You’ll still be able to straight swap him out read upgrade) for a Shaw or Ryan in the next 2-3 weeks without needing additional cash. Also gives us a bit better look at the best replacement for him.

Diesel · 05/04/2018 at 19:20

Love these stats great to see and will be very helpful.

Is trading Langdon (wrist) to Zac Fisher a good idea or not. Have currently used 1 trade. Have 317k in the bank prior to this trade and would leave me with about 170k. Or do I wait a few weeks to trade him to hopefully a Higgins or someone like that.

Forward line would look like this then if included fisher.

Heeney, Billings, Walters, Sicily, Fisher, Fritsch (Garlett, Ryan)

Thoughts and advice would be much appreciated thanks community.

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 19:29

Like the Fisher lad but I would put Taranto in before him. Taranto mid/fwd is more likely the keeper.
    Whilst I like the Fisher lad it is very hard for him to maintain such a great improvement from last year.
    Save trades.

VVV · 05/04/2018 at 23:51

Go Fisher for sure – will score 80+ from here out and make big cash in the process. Taranto is way too much cash for A NON KEEPER!

Steeeve · 05/04/2018 at 19:24

Great work ocker!
With Fogarty droppartied I'm swinging the axe.
Hibberd and Fogarty out.
Bonner and Curnow in.

If Hibberd comes good I'll bring him back at a discount down the track. No rookies worth fielding in the forward line so Curnow can be my f5 and hopefully a keeper.

CallMeMartinless · 05/04/2018 at 19:28

alright folkkkkkkkkkkks!

Started without danger or martin derppp.

Now i have JOM, and just not enough $$ to upgrade straight to martin… content with the remaining of my side however feel like ill be behind the ball game massively without at least martin.

Only cash grab im looking at is hibberd down to ryan?? argghhh titties i dunno what to do. feel like it'll be worth the trade in the long run especially when im mainly going for league wins

Peter · 05/04/2018 at 19:30

Do you people think that coniglio is a keeper? What do you see him averaging ?

CallMeMartinless · 05/04/2018 at 19:32

105

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 19:32

Short answer is no.
    Like but not top ten at years end in my opinion.

Peter · 05/04/2018 at 19:49

What?

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:02

He wasn't speaking, he wrote it, so maybe you're blind?

Peter · 05/04/2018 at 20:22

Didn’t make sense! His grammar is russty 😉

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:34

Fair enough Pete, hahah half the people on here speak with their textspeak anyway so no point being a Grammar stickler…;)

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 21:37

maybe I am on his wave link it made perfect sense to me

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 22:09

Same here Neil…maybe he's an English Professor?..lol

The Ranger · 05/04/2018 at 20:54

Best scenario is he's a +110av keeper but worse case is (barring injury) he's a good +100av stepping stone until you have a spare 150K to trade him up.

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 21:39

The top 6 will be 110 plus Coniglio 105 plus just behind them Stepping stone late

Lazza · 06/04/2018 at 06:53

I’m planning on having 8 … so if Coniglio is just behind the top 6 .,???? 🙂

Craig · 05/04/2018 at 19:33

Brayshaw or Banfield on field ?

BadgerHoney7 · 06/04/2018 at 08:35

I think they're both going to score the same to be honest, both with a average of around 60. Would go with Brayshaw basically of pre season but if you have Holman on bench I'd be tempted to go with him, hes a tackling machine

Sammy_14 · 05/04/2018 at 19:34

Help would be greatly appreciated:

Weak forward with Toby Greene out and weak rookies but thinking about whether i should go Bonner or Zac Fisher. Bonner only strengthens my strong backline due to stronger rookies and requires one trade – Naughton to Bonner or use two trades to get fisher and get stronger forward line – Naughton to Murphy & Garlett to Fisher?

pod · 05/04/2018 at 20:32

If you want Bonner it's this week or forget him

Sammy_14 · 05/04/2018 at 21:08

Yeah understand that, but who would be more beneficial cos i cant get both?

Borko · 05/04/2018 at 22:46

I have got the same problem and will be letting Bonner go … it seems a luxury to have him at D4 when there are so many gaps in the FWD line. I would take either Fisher at F5 instead.

Liam Jones · 06/04/2018 at 00:38

Same problemo I'm leaning to fisher at f5

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 19:47

Old Ocker you are a legend congrats on the new family may you have a wonderful life. I always look forward to the spreadsheet. A MUST HAVE A mountain work but much appreciated The best there is Thanks again mate

BendOver&Coffield · 05/04/2018 at 19:48

Is it better to trade Bell down to Ryan and bank some serious cash but have less points on field and field 2 rookies in fwd line? Or better to trade Bell to Taranto for possible better points and less cash generation but keeps only one rookie in fwd line?

Dutchy · 05/04/2018 at 20:54

Well bell has to go. Taranto could be a keeper, attending ridiculous amounts of centre bounces!

Ahmad rubas · 05/04/2018 at 19:57

Hurley laird hibberd Bonner finlayson doedee (Murray emg Murphy)
Danger C Kelly Fyfe Cripps VC coniglio brayshaw Kelly Holman (Dow emg banfield Clark)
Gawn Goldstein (olango)
Heeney billings smith petracca Christensen Ryan (Fritsch emg Langdon)
30 trades 67k
problems: no dusty or titch underperforming hibberd, dow and Clark poor rookies
Ideal downgrade hibberd and upgrade Clark to dusty but no worthy rookie to downgrade to.
Would the best move be trading Clark to Barry? I could also not use a trade if Dow performs really well Friday night

BlueBaggerJosh · 05/04/2018 at 20:25

sounds solid. I have a speculative trade for you, Sicily to Fisher, allows me to trade Naughton to Bonner with 70k left, avoid garlett's score on field and lets me keep Hibberd instead of trading him to shaw for the cash needed to do naughton/Bonner trade hoping he can bounce back. I've been to both carlton games and Fisher excites me, i believe he could reach 400k much like ya boy Ellis Yolmen.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 20:32

Could do Josh…gotta trust your guts on these kinda trades mate, good luck with it, hope he smashes it outa the park for you.

Dee · 05/04/2018 at 20:28

What an absolute legend, excellent work Ocker! Thanks heaps mate, cheers.

Borko · 05/04/2018 at 20:28

Who scores more over next 4 weeks?
1. Fisher (F5) + Armitage (M6)
2. Tarranto (F5) + Brayshaw (M6)
I can't split em … option one gives more cash gen, but option 2 provides m/f swing and some loophole action. Not banking on any of them as keepers.

pod · 06/04/2018 at 07:00

I think option 1 scores more. Armo has a huge ceiling. Fisher is on a lot of people's radar, at his price well worth considering.

The Ranger · 05/04/2018 at 20:48

Haha ha! I knew you'd be back Ocker!
Good onya mate and big congrats on the new family.
You are indeed a Supercoach Legend.

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 20:58

HAHA, You knew more than I did. I am not in any leagues this year except for 1 Public League.
    Going to be a lonely season.

The Ranger · 05/04/2018 at 21:01

The Community will be here for ya mate.
      Good luck for the year ahead.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 21:10

You should start a second team with 2 rounds of hindsight ocker, could be fun and you can start as many Leagues as you want up to 10.

OldOcker · 05/04/2018 at 21:18

I started week 1 with basically auto pick and made rookie changes.
        I am in to win. Maybe highest score one round for 1k who knows.
        1 team is enough and legal.

Dutchy · 05/04/2018 at 20:51

I have 260k spare which was Dangerfield money.. but.. Coniglio is turning my head, can turn Brayshaw into him just. Haven’t used any trades yet. But I do have Kreuzer with English as backup, Sicily with Naughton/Murphy as cover and ZGL up forward.. should I be fixing one of them instead? Bonner for Naughton maybe? Or do nothing and stick to the danger plan which would still most likely take multiple weeks

Nat · 05/04/2018 at 21:15

Community I would appreciate your thoughts.

Hibberd to Bonner
Forgerty to T.J Lynch

Whilst it may look like I'm chasing points with Lynch, I'm concerned with my structure up forward so trying to rectify this. He does look set for a big year with a decent draw.

Russty_ · 05/04/2018 at 21:19

Might not be a bad call at all Nat, Gold Coast look like a new team this year under Stewy Dew.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/04/2018 at 21:30

Hi Nat,

They would be two ballsy trades mate!

I get why you like these two high risk/reward and aggressive trade options. But geez mate, its round 3. Sleep on it….

If you like risk, then pull the trigger, but dont blame anyone but yourself if it blows up in your face. Good luck!

neil demons delight · 05/04/2018 at 21:51

I had him last year Burnt me all year waiting.However the dees have thrown 1.3 at him so nust have something. Great forward line HOGAN LYNCH and GARLETT

BrownlowBoy · 05/04/2018 at 21:51

Good to see you back OO!

Andrew · 05/04/2018 at 21:51

Hi community Dayne Beams is causing me headaches… Trade down to ryan via dpp or to cripps or hold????

GreendaleFC · 05/04/2018 at 22:09

Is trading O'Meara to Bonner a waste of a trade. The problem I see with Bonner is that his big score will only count for this week's price change.

Ja191 · 05/04/2018 at 22:32

In a bit of a pickle, Sicily and greene out which means I have to field garlett, fritsch and Ryan. Not knowing how long Greene is out, would it be worth trading him to someone like a heeney/mclean?

BadgerHoney7 · 05/04/2018 at 23:17

Anyone rate this trade, Hibberd to Heath Shaw, Naughton to Bonner. Heater averaging 112

Petrus · 05/04/2018 at 23:25

In trouble with forwards, greene, Sicily and Langdon out means Im fielding a donut.
Tempted to trade Greene/sicily to Fisher and up a non playing rookie (Payne – lions ) to Bonner. Thoughts?

Gibbs · 05/04/2018 at 23:29

Do I trade in Lachie Forgarty or Lachie Murphy via dpp for clark? And hold or trade Langdon

Chris Toscas Toscas · 05/04/2018 at 23:33

Hello community,

I need some of your wisdom:
Hibberd down to Bonner
Fogarty to Taranto

BL: Yeo, Laird, Tuohy, Bonner, Doedee Finlayson Bench: Naughton Murray
FWL: Lambert, Smith, Taranto,Waterman, Fritsch, L.Ryan Bench: Sicily, Gartlett

ANY feedback will be appreciated

johnno2908 · 06/04/2018 at 07:24

Do you still have 30 trades? If not, I definitely would not be making those trades. Even if you do, it’s going to make you short term cash, but ultimately further away from full premo. What’s your mids look like, they must be pretty strong I imagine with that many rookies on field in those 2 lines.

The Ranger · 06/04/2018 at 08:14

You have to decide if you're willing to alter your structure already Chris.
    You'd be going from a gun and a rookie to two mid pricers.

pod · 06/04/2018 at 07:06

Grab your fav sauce there's 20 ton of maccas nuggets on the ring road!

johnno2908 · 06/04/2018 at 07:33

Advice appreciated, still have 30 trades.
1. Sicily to Simpson and Brayshaw to Bonner via Finlayson. $2.8k left in the bank.
2. Sicily to Simpson. $61.8k left in the bank.
3. Hold, keep the $175k warchest.
Leaning option 1, which would make my team:
DEF: Laird, Simpson, Shaw, Bonner, Doedee, Murray (Naughton, Murphy)
MID: Dusty, Mitchell, Oliver, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Kelly, Holman (Finlayson, Barry, Banfield)
RUCK: Goldy, Gawn (Olango)
FWD: Heeney, Walters, Smith, Lobb, Christensen, Ryan (Venables, Fritsch)

The Ranger · 06/04/2018 at 08:12

How's ya first two weeks been johnno?
    They seem like corrective trades that you don't really need to make if you've been scoring well already, if you haven't been then yeah maybe option 1. It does leave you with no bank tho which is less than ideal.

johnno2908 · 06/04/2018 at 08:33

Thanks Ranger.
      4800 points over the first 2 weeks, ranked 514 so scoring well. Just feel like Simpson is a must have with his role. Can’t see anyone tagging him, plus you can’t tag a bloke while he is taking the kick ins. Bonner I can pass on, but from 18 touches he had 76sc which is pretty good when going at 70% efficiency and 3 turnovers. They look for him a fair bit, and they are not going to play Sydney every week. If he scores 80 each week, his price at round 10 will be around $383k. If he scores 2 hundreds in those 7 weeks, and the rest of his scores are 75-80 he will be over $400k.
      Maybe option 2.

The Ranger · 06/04/2018 at 12:00

Nice start mate!
        I think your rank gives you the luxury of making either of those trades but I like to have a little in the bank at all times so I'd prob go option 2 in your situation.
        Gotta admit I haven't seen either of the Port games so I can't give an opinion on Bonner, I'm just always wary of players in that price bracket.

PuntRoadRoar · 06/04/2018 at 07:38

Awesome as always Ocker and this is why I look forward to the advice, insights and information provided by everyone every year.
Have used that valuable advice every year to finish in at least the top 3000.
So why this year did I think I had a Bold & Cunning plan and ignore every SC Rule in the book.
Two rounds in am paying heavily for my stupidity:
-Only averaging low 2100's and rank about 63749th.
-No Danger, Titch or Dusty.
-4 forced trades already used, and still fielding a donut for first time ever in forward line (Greene, Sicily, Giles-Langdon).
Oh well, I guess things can only get better from here. Not totally unhappy with performance of most of my mids: Fyfe, Cripps, Whitfield, Steven, Coniglio, Omeara, Kelly, Holman. With the forced trades and current B/E's of players I want to bring in, I am sitting with $610,000 in bank. Playing catch up BIG TIME but least have an opportunity to go BANG BANG soon.
MAJOR LESSONS LEARNT:
1.The Advice and Knowledge available in this forum is too valuable to ignore.
2. If you think you have a Bold & Cunning plan, be prepared for the worst Case Scenario, own those mistakes and try and recover and rebuild as quickly as possible.
3. SC can be so frustrating…and that's why we love it so much and keep coming back year after year.

johnno2908 · 06/04/2018 at 08:07

Bit like golf, just love the punishment!

PuntRoadRoar · 06/04/2018 at 12:08

On the bright side SC doesn't cost me as much as golf does…with the amount of balls I need to replace.

milt · 06/04/2018 at 08:06

Fwd: Franklin, Daniher, D Smith, Christensen, Garlet. Fritsch. Joey been quiet so should I pull the trigger and go T Lynch (GC)?

johnno2908 · 06/04/2018 at 08:41

In a couple of weeks you could be saying the exact same thing about Lynch. Having 2 key forwards in your team is always going to be up and down, as they will almost certainly have a quiet patch and chuck in a putrid 40 one week. Maybe look at a McLean, Walters around that price if you want a bit more consistency.

Doc_1 · 06/04/2018 at 08:21

Need to make a downgrade to free up cash for a viable F5 option.
Out of Hibberd or JOM (Down to Bonner) lets me upgrade a non playing rook to Fisher.

Am leaning towards giving Hibbo one more chance as he’s more likely to be a keeper than JOM (who’s output is more likely to be covered by brayshaw, Banfield et al).

Am I downgrading the right man?

Doc_1 · 06/04/2018 at 08:44

If I downgrade hibbo could bring McLean or Taranto into play for F5, but McLean particularly chew through a lot of cash.

Krisco · 06/04/2018 at 08:56

Got all the right rookies, thinking hibberd down to bonner then Jager up to Mitchell as my 2 this week. Don't have Laird that is the other obvious hole. Thoughts communitiy

Josh · 06/04/2018 at 09:17

Have 77k and need to get rid of crouch and bell
Can either go
1. crouch to coniglio and have 234k to use on bell
2. crouch to dusty and have 30k in the bank

Also with bell should I trade up, down or similar price? My fwd line is heeney, billings, Maclean, Bell, ryan, fritsch, (garlett, Giles-Langdon)
I could bring in a defender via dpp too

belly button fluff · 06/04/2018 at 19:25

dusty, ryan

Tim · 06/04/2018 at 09:46

Is Barlow likely to get selected this season? Can't find any news on him.

AB13 · 06/04/2018 at 09:54

Have gone Rockliff to Kelly

and Stodddart to Doedee

with a spare 432K left to work some real premo upgrades. Thoughts fam?

Rick Grimes · 06/04/2018 at 10:23

Yep solid moves.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 10:33

Those 2 rooks are must haves so no problems there. War chest for a cheap Merret, Zorko, or to grab Danger.

Jon · 06/04/2018 at 09:57

If you have $200K in the kitty, would it be wise to get Bonner in for a non playing rookie?

I have Doedee,Finlayson,Murray,Murphy and Naughton in defense.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 10:38

Bonner looks good but not necessarily a must have. Having said that I started with him but would be surprised if he finishes top 10 defenders. I'd be more tempted with Taranto as he's presents great value for someone more likely to finish as a top 10 forward. I realise you don't appear to have the cash to go say Langdon to Taranto though so its not a bad call at all to get Bonner in for a non playing rook.

Claire · 06/04/2018 at 10:10

Old Ocker, Derek or someone who is experienced at this SC game.
Haven’t made a trade yet but thinking of Dow to Barry to generate cash for upgrades down the track.
What is the value of a trade?

OldOcker · 06/04/2018 at 12:09

Hi Claire,
    This round is about making sure you have the right rookies for cash generation.
    Trading a playing rookie to another rookie is not something I would generally do.
    If I had missed someone like a Kelly or Holman Yes I would trade.
    You will find that some rookies take longer to find their feet so to speak and a player like Dow could be one of those. He has only spent 70% time on ground and is obviously playing a role in the team for him to keep getting games.
    I do have Dow myself and I will definitely be holding him. He has a lot of potential but it could take time and we don't want all of our rookies to reach maximum value at the same time.

Value of a trade?
    I did a survey on this last year and the general opinion by far was at least 175k

Johno · 06/04/2018 at 12:23

Do you think Naughton or Langdon to Liam Ryan is worth it?

OldOcker · 06/04/2018 at 12:48

CLAIRE & JOHNO
        I might do a You Tube video on stats tonight and address some questions. (Stats & Rookie Carnage)
        Naughton does have some form of job security given WBD injuries.
        Langdon I also have and he is out for 3-4 weeks so yes I would make that trade even though Langdon will come back eventually.
        Jack Higgins is playing his first game this week and I think you will be looking to put him in your team after he plays 2 games. mid/fwd $130,800. BE Prepared for rookie carnage.

Claire · 06/04/2018 at 14:23

Thanks Ocker. I have Kelly and Holman as well as the Freo boys and if you are holding Dow then I will too.
      I suppose it would be different if he wasn’t playing.
      Thanks for providing your statistical information and for taking the time answering my query. I am most grateful.

KSinny · 06/04/2018 at 10:17

Hibberd to Shaw or Ryan and Langdon to Fisher
OR
Hibberd to Simpson and Langdon to Ryan?

Bomber · 06/04/2018 at 10:24

Getting rid of Hibbert I m tossing up between Luke Ryan and K Simpson has anyone got any ideas your thoughts are much appreciated.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 10:31

Why not Shaw? Proven history which is better than Simpsons and he's cheaper.

Bomber · 06/04/2018 at 11:32

Shaw burnt me last year, so lost a little confidence.

Jon · 06/04/2018 at 11:44

I have a feeling Hibberd will bounce back this week. With Frost back in the side, Lewis or Vince will probably a bit more up the ground. Leaving Lever and Hibberd to roam around the backline.

CheekyNandos7 · 06/04/2018 at 10:30

What is O'Connors JS like?

BrownlowBoy · 06/04/2018 at 12:39

Wouldn't be good I'd say

JugHead · 06/04/2018 at 13:29

Agree. I can see the cats rookies getting rotated a bit to manage their workload. Including Kelly.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 10:48

Here's a titty twister for you all. I've got bloody Matt Crouch who has to go and have a $170k spare. My original plan was to wait until God Jnr got rested/injured and then grab Danger. But now I'm tossing up between going Crouch to either Mitchell or Danger (leaning towards Mitch) VS Crouch to Taranto and swinging him forward for Langdon. Switching Finlayson into the midfield and bringing in Heater.

Team is – Laird, Hurley, Savage, Erection (Bonner) + usual suspects.

God Jnr, Dusty, Crouch, LAMB (lame arse man bun – Fyfe), Cripps, Coniglio + usuals.

Gawn, Dickwack + Olango

Billings, McClean, Smith, Flogily (Sicily) + usuals.

Thoughts would be much appreciated… Taranto & Shaw both present value and looking like top 10 in their positions, really tempting me.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 06/04/2018 at 10:58

Timmy Time.
Tarranto in.

Fwd line looks very stable now.
Heeney, Billings,Walters, Smith, Tarranto, Bundy. Ryan/Fritsch.

Yep think I will roll with that.
Half tempted with humphrey back tonight to go Cripps as VC.

Oh by the way luv ya work ock and congrats on the kiddles.

Jon · 06/04/2018 at 11:32

Nice looking fwd trigs, kinda similar to mine
    Heeney,McLean,Smith,Taylor,Toranto,Curnow
    Fritsch/Ryan

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 06/04/2018 at 11:01

Does anyone know how to remove a player from a league?
My mates wants to join but autofilled the last spot in one of leagues.

Little help??

Jon · 06/04/2018 at 11:08

On the 1st Round Leagues are locked.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 06/04/2018 at 11:36

Really?
      Bugger.

Jon · 06/04/2018 at 11:38

Yep! Once SC fills the spots leagues are locked in. No one can leave or get in.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 11:18

I was at the Carlton v Rich game and would be surprised if Kreuzer gets up despite being listed. Fingers crossed though as I'm going again tonight. For what it's worth, Dusty VC into God Jnr.

JuddWarneloveChild · 06/04/2018 at 11:20

woops this was meant to be in reply to Trigga (above)

Johno · 06/04/2018 at 11:13

This week I'm trading out Lambert and Naughton, which combined with my bank I will have $974.4k to play with.
I already have Laid, Savage, Danger, Mitchell, Merrett, Fyfe, Cripps, Kreuzer, Gawn, Heeney, Billings, Smith and Lobb as well as all the necessary rookies minus Liam Ryan.
I'm currently looking at bringing Simpson and Coniglio in but am really tossing and turning. Any advice?

JugHead · 06/04/2018 at 13:20

There are plenty of others more more experienced than me, but with that much cash I'd make a super premo midfielder a priority. Dusty? Should be enough cash left over for Bonner.

Saundo · 06/04/2018 at 11:21

Do I hold Greene?

Sean · 06/04/2018 at 13:43

I have bell who needs to go for my team and hibbed's role change means gets the flick. I have 3 options that i am considering
1. Luke ryan, Curnow
2. Savage Christensen and save $130,000
3. Savage Taranto

Some advice on what i should do. Think i'm leading to option 1

JJJ · 06/04/2018 at 13:53

Have a bit of a pickle, no real "need" to trade, but I feel like i may miss the boat on some key cash cows. Have 222K in the bank, team as follows:
Def: Laird, Hurley, Finlayson, Dodee, Murphy, Murray, naughton and Coffield who debuts this week
Mid: Dusty, Titch, J Kelly, Fyfe, Parker, Congilio, T Kelly, Holman, Brayshaw, Banfield, LDU
FWd: Billings, Walters, Dev smith, Sicily, Taberner, Jarrad Garlett, Fritsch, Stephenson,

Everyone is playing, no one is losing money.

But do I need to get for cash gen purposes: Bonner, Liam Ryan or Allen Christenses?
I can go naughton or Coffield straight to Bonner
I can Swing Sicily back and bring in Liam Ryan
I can go Tabener down to Liam Ryan or Allen Christensen.

I have made one trade, flipped Kreuzer for Nic Nat (largely because i thought i would need to upgrade tabener, then he dropped 100)

Any advice?? Old Ocker am I just too trigger happy?

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 06/04/2018 at 13:55

There can be only one.

OldOcker · 07/04/2018 at 20:52

I will tell you that I did use to answer questions like this but now I just don't have the time.
      The main reason I started to distribute stats is because I did them for myself anyway.
      My idea of that was to teach people to do their own study of information I have given from stats.
      Over time people wanted more which made it more work for me.
      I am retired but I have 4 adopted kids to look after now and SC is far from a priority for me this year.
      I may do a video on the Basic teachings of SC.
      The idea of giving STATS that are so easily viewed is to ENCOURAGE people to make up their own mind.
      This is called EDUCATION and making life decisions for yourself.
      Cheers.

Sunbury son · 06/04/2018 at 14:39

Started ordinarily so I need to get my points up.
Can’t loophole. Who do I start on the ground? Murray, O’Connor or Naughton and why please.

TIGESB2B · 06/04/2018 at 16:53

Murray has best avg.

sc tragic · 06/04/2018 at 19:42

Don't start O'Connor has a big E on him

Spanner · 06/04/2018 at 17:04

I have 340k in the bank and 29 trades. Liam Ryan is the only "Essential" rookie that I haven't got and I definitely don't want to be trading to a mid pricer (400k to 200k) such as Bonner, Taranto or Fisher.

I really want to get rid of Lambert as even though I think he will pick it up, he won't be in the top 8 Fwds from here on out. I also have Lobb but am more hesitant on moving him, at least for this week.

Here are some possible trades that I'm deciding between.

Lambert and Naughton to Simpson and Coniglio with 6k left