add_filter('comment_flood_filter', '__return_false');

CHEAT SHEET AND THE CAPTAINS CORNER: ROUND 2

Published by Damo on

If there’s one thing we learnt from Round 2 of the AFL season, it’s that the big 3 at Geelong are going to be a serious force to reckon with. Dangerfield, Ablett and Selwood combined for 95 disposals, 47 contested possessions, 21 clearances and 4 goals.

In the words of the great Brian Taylor – wowee! Hawthorn just got over the line, but Geelong fans will be salivating as they cheer on their cats in September. The 4th member of the dangerous Geelong midfield, Mitch Duncan, was a late out, which was pretty disappointing for the 1.8% of us that have him.

Tom Lynch decided he could do whatever Buddy could do, and booted 8 goals to destroy Carlton in a very one-sided affair. Clayton Oliver is only in 6% of teams and is an absolute jet, I will be watching him closely as an upgrade target, and Rocky decided he would take a nap on the bench, and has fallen so far from grace it’s almost hard to remember what it was like when he was averaging 110+. This week coming is the first round of league games, which signifies the start of the Supercoach season for those of you who don’t really care about rank, and just want to get one up on your annoying co-worker Robbo who swears that ‘Jack Redden is going to be the next big thing.’

Apart from having a Mitch Duncan shaped doughnut in my midfield, the rest of the round was a successful one for me. I turned things around from last week – last week I was the lowest scoring player in our cash league, this week I improved by 400 points and was the highest scoring player. Is that a good thing? All I’m feeling is that this season is going to be an absolute rollercoaster ride, which is concerning considering I’m already going grey!

Top 10 Supercoach Scores:

1. Tom J Lynch – 180 (10 points)
  2. Dustin Martin – 160 (9 points)
  3. Jarrod Lyons – 152 (8 points)
  4. Jeff Garlett – 152 (8 points)
  5. Tom Mitchell – 148 (6 points)
  6. Ed Curnow – 148 (6 points)
  7. Ollie Wines – 147 (4 points)
  8. Clayton Oliver – 146 (3 points)
  9. Jesse Hogan – 145 (2 points)
  10. Gary Ablett – 144 (1 point)

Leaderboard

1. Tom Mitchell – 15
  2. Dustin Martin – 12
  3. Lance Franklin – 10
  4. Tom J Lynch – 10
  5. Kade Simpson – 8
  6. Jarrod Lyons – 8
  7. Jeff Garlett – 8
  8. Luke Parker – 7
  9. Blake Acres – 6
  10. Ed Curnow – 6

Tom Mitchell and Dustin Martin have stormed ahead on the leaderboard and have proven that they should be in 100% of sides come round 23. They are the only 2 players appearing on this list in both rounds, so the rest of the leaderboard is filled with players who scored big one week and didn’t replicate. Those of us who didn’t start with either Dusty or Titch will be seriously kicking ourselves and those who started with both will be kicking back with an icy cold beer and laughing in our faces. Screw you, Damo!

Cheat Sheet! (Damo doing god’s work)

Captain Choices with Post MaSloane

Carlton vs Collingwood

Friday 6 April 7:50PM – MCG

Last time they met: Carlton 12.7.79 def. Collingwood 8.8.56

Top 5 Scores: S Petrevski-Seton 134, B Reid 130, M Kreuzer 127, M Murphy 118, T Adams 114

Matthew Kreuzer was a late out on the weekend, so obviously he’s not 100% fit. Even if he gets up for this Friday, I think you’d best avoid VC’ing him. Patty Cripps has never dropped below 84 against the pies, and seems to have taken the next step in 2018, but the main man I’d be considering for this game is Scott Pendlebury. Scored 109 on the weekend, has a 3 round average against the blues of 131.7 and a career average against them of 123.5. Carlton got done by Gold Coast on the weekend, and aren’t looking very good, so Collingwood would be hoping to steamroll them this week. Back in Pendlebury if you have him.

Port Adelaide vs Brisbane

Saturday 7 April 1:15PM – Adelaide Oval

Last time they met: St Kilda 18.13.121 def. Brisbane 12.9.81

Top 5 Scores: D Zorko 143, R Gray 129, R Lester 127, R Bastinac 122, P Ryder 119

Robbie Gray scored 111 and 129 in his two matches against Port Adelaide last year, and scored 111 on the weekend, after a week off enjoying the last of the Adelaide sun for the year. He could be a VC option. I wouldn’t pick Dayne Zorko, I’d wait to see a few more weeks to see how the tag is really going to affect him, but someone I would consider is Stefan Martin. Charlie Dixon got beaten by Callum Sinclair in the ruck last week, and anyone who thinks Sinclair is as good as Martin needs to get a reality check. Martin will jump all over Dixon this week, and while he only averages 80.3 against Port Adelaide, the absence of Ryder could be Martin’s opportunity to score 130+.

Melbourne vs North Melbourne

Saturday 7 April 2:10PM – MCG

Last time they met: North Melbourne 11.10.76 def. Melbourne 10.12.72

Top 5 Scores: C Oliver 170, A Swallow 131, J Lewis 119, J Ziebell 116, M Gawn 111

Remember that game where Max Gawn and Todd Goldstein scored 172 apiece? That was so god-damn titillating. If either can replicate that, that’s a really solid captain’s score. Chances are that won’t happen, but if you were going to choose one of them for captain, I’d go Gawn, as he racked up 39 hitouts, versus Goldstein’s 26, in their last encounter in the JLT. Melbourne also have a much stronger midfield to tap it to than North Melbourne – and on that note, young gun Clayton Oliver shows no sign of slowing down and should also be considered as a VC option.

Gold Coast vs Fremantle

Saturday 7 April 2:35PM – Optus Stadium

Last time they met: Fremantle 12.18.90 def. Gold Coast 10.7.67

Top 5 Scores: L Neale 156, N Fyfe 140, L Ryan 116, C McCarthy 109, S Hill 104

Nat Fyfe averages 136.4 against the suns. They literally can’t stop him. Who do you get to tag Fyfe? Bowes? Possibly May if he goes forward? It’s impossible. Don’t over think it, just give Fyfe captaincy duties and watch him gallivant around and do whatever the bloody hell he wants.

Sydney vs Greater Western Sydney

Saturday 7 April 7:25PM – SCG

Last time they met: Sydney 14.12.96 def. GWS 12.11.83

Top 5 Scores: S Mumford 120, L Franklin 118, J Patton 109, D Hannebery 105, K Jack 104

Lance Franklin averages 103.2 at the SCG, and last week continued his incredible stat of kicking at least 4 goals in every opening match at the SCG since 2014. He is every chance to kick a bag and go big in typical Buddy fashion. Luke Parker, Josh Kelly and Josh Kennedy all don’t have exceptional records against each other, so I’d probably give this game a miss for captaincy picks if you’re not brave enough to pick Buddy.

St Kilda vs Adelaide

Saturday 7 April 7:25PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: Adelaide 16.15.111 def. St Kilda 7.12.54

Top 5 Scores: R Laird 134, T Lynch 116, B Smith 114, J Billings 106, J Newnes 105

In round 12 last year, Koby Stevens made Rory Sloane look silly, keeping him to only 14 possessions and 66 Supercoach points, despite Sloane racking up 5 Frees for. If Sloane gets tagged again this week, there’s no way you would put the C on him. Rory Laird has had an impressive start to the season, but I wouldn’t trust him to go 130+ because let’s be honest, the ball probably won’t be in Adelaide’s defensive half all that much.

Richmond vs Hawthorn

Sunday 8 April 1:10PM – MCG

Last time they met: Richmond 13.15.93 def. Hawthorn 9.10.64

Top 5 Scores: J Caddy 137, J Sicily 130, T Mitchell 128, D Prestia 124, D Martin 119

Points pig vs points pig. Untaggable vs untouchable. Tom Mitchell vs Dustin Martin. Who do you pick? Obviously if you pick a captaincy option from this round, it’s going to be one of these two. But which one? Martin has consistently scored in the 110’s against Hawthorn, but Mitchell has scored 126 and 128 in his last two outings against Richmond. I don’t have either (please don’t ask why) but if I did I think I’d choose Martin. Actually no, Mitchell. Wait no, Martin. Oh for god’s sake, just flip a coin, this is too hard to pick.

Western Bulldogs vs Essendon

Sunday 8 April 3:20PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: Western Bulldogs 19.13.127 def. Essendon 13.19.97

Top 5 Scores: J Roughead 127, M Bontempelli 123, M Hurley 118, S Biggs 115, J Daniher 113

You have to go back to his rookie year to find the last time Marcus Bontempelli didn’t ton up against the dons. He loves Etihad, and Woosha refuses to tag. The Bont could be a good pick for Captain, however his extended stints up forward is a little bit worrying. A high risk/high reward POD pick could be to whack the C on Tom Bellchambers if you have him. Against the Eagles on Sunday arvo, the entire Bulldogs team combined for 13 hitouts. Yep, you read that right, 13. Trengove got 4, English 6 and Roughead 3. That really is second class. Bellchambers is looking really fit this season, the best I’ve ever seen him. He hasn’t had a good record historically against the Bulldogs (like I said, high risk) but I’d almost be banking on a massive score from the big fella. Lock him in and don’t check the scores until Monday morning.

West Coast vs Geelong

Sunday 8 April 4:40PM – Optus Stadium

Last time they met: West Coast 11.17.83 def. Geelong 10.10.70

Top 5 Scores: P Dangerfield 141, D Sheed 127, N Vardy 125, S Mitchell 122, A Gaff 120

Patrick Dangerfield proved that not even coming off an injury could stop him tonning up. He’s just a deadset superstar. He’s only in 17% of teams, but if you have him, you seriously can’t go wrong. Gary Ablett is the other one I’d consider for this game. He averages 129.1 against the Eagles, and played 91% game time in the midfield last week, squashing all rumours about him playing as a mid-forward, so he’s one to captain as well if you don’t have Danger. (Though I wish he would play forward so that Duncan could play purely mid!)

Post MaSloane’s Top 8 (Non-Dangerfield) Captain Picks

guest
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
SgtMarshallBB

Hey Community,
Now ive confronted an obstacle in my team and am struggling in the process of overcoming it. I have Beams at M7 at this point in time, and i am hesitant to sideways trade, these are my options:
1. Hold on to him and hope he offers some sort of premo value
2. Trade Beams down to Coniglio to make 100k so i have some extra $$$
3. Trade Beams to another big mid (keep in mind i only have 20k in the bank)

Let me know your thoughts!

EasyMoneySniper

Hey SMBB,
I think it's a failed experiment and you need to offload him. Don't blame you for picking because beams is a baller but he is going through a hard time at the moment.

My suggestion is that you move beams to a player like cripps…. same price range and cripps has a very good bye
Or if you want the extra cash, go coniglio as he looks very good.

Both have had their share of injuries so it should come down to bye round structure and a little bit of personal preference.

Good Luck

Adsy

Straight up Beams down to Coniglio. I personally think corrective trades before the prices change are fine. Like Steve Miller said "Abracadabra!" (Note: he also said "take the money and run" which probably works better in this scenario)

DacZawson

I’d trade down to a rookie because Kelly and Holman are doing too well to not field both. Use the cash to upgrade in one of your other lines

Flaccid Jaff

Definitely 2

Tyruddanaut

I’m currently choosing Gawn for VC. Against North Melbourne? He’ll thrive around the ground and might even beat Goldstein in the ruck

Krups

Good option

Krups

Fyfe VC
Danger C

hedski

Same

Tyruddanaut

I had that but I have a gut feel about Gawn

Harry To

Thoughts community?
Hibberd to Luke Ryan
Naughton to Bonner

Krups

Id go Simpson over Ryan.

Tyruddanaut

Yeah, that’s good. I don’t know much about Ryan but…. sure

Derek

You would expect Oliver will get a hard tag this week.

Krups

How does he handle tags in the past?

Not worth VC

Poorly

Wattsy

Which tag were you talking about he went over the hundred 16 times last year which was about the best in the comp. when he missed out he just missed the hundred. All he lacked to the absolute top end like Danger was ability to regularly get really big hundreds.

He's a first possession player and they are notoriously hard to tag. Add to that he basically didn't have a ruckman to work with last season and now Gawn is back and going alright

Is it possible you are confusing him with somebody else

hedski

Jacobs will be all over him.

Might even bench him

hedski

Ha ha.

Keenbutclueless

I was going to bring him in for Crouch. Making me doubt that now!

Russty_

He's worth having Keen, he's evolving as a player, a tag last year might not be as effective this year.

Daniel Z

Probably better to just trade him out and then once his price bottoms out, bring him back in.

SC_Kev7

Jacobs went to him first half of JLT2 and suit him down completely. Wouldn’t go near Oliver for VC. Fyfe into Titch/Danger for me

Shake_n_Bake_

Cripps into Fyfe…maybe.

iLoveNMFC

VC Fyfe, at home against a weaker Gold Coast midfield. Surely bangs out 140+

Pecks1970

Away game for Fyfe. Still VCing him

iLoveNMFC

Playing home at Optus Stadium.

Shake_n_Bake_

Away game but playing home because if commonwealth games.

StevoRivo

Mixed thoughts on this being a Tiger supporter. Thought Lambert would be a nice POD, but he’s about to drop $30k & seems to be playing a different role early on…

Naughton & Lambert to Bonner & Gray?

I’ve asked this before but seeking more feedback as it winds me down to 27 trades & low cash, but do have the right rook and premo mix otherwise.

Tyruddanaut

AT the moment it looks like my trades will be:
Hibberd —> Simpson (Role change, also considering Cripps, E. Curnow, Gibbs and Selwood)
Z. Langdon —> Bonner (Have the extra cash from trading Kreuzer, will bring in Langdon as an upgrade target

Krups

Gday Blokes looking for some advice.

Not sure on Sicily….

Should i go up to Franklin or Greene now or wait. Have $190,000 in bank

Krups

Should add i already have Heeney Billings Smith

Tyruddanaut

Wait. He’s going to be out a few times so just prepare your forward line early

Russty_

The best way to prepare is to get rid of the idiot.

hedski

Greene in doubt for this week too Krups

Russty_

Buddy or Curnow..not flogs.

Ja191

Mclean or maybe tarranto

Defying_Madness

Hold

Ryan

I really like the look of McLean personally

The Wizard

Helll Community,

Really stressing on the whole Hibberd dilemma. It’s a really long season and I’ve never been one for sideways trading but is it worth parting with Hibberd? If so, then who to pick up? Or just persist with him and hope for better scores to start showing up?

Tyruddanaut

A good sideways trade pulls off!
I’d choose Simpson, Hurn, Hurley or Savage

LUKE

Hello Community. I'm in two minds as what trades to do this week. First option: Merrett -> T Mitchell. Naughton -> L Murphy. Second option: Sicily -> Liam Ryan. Andrew Brayshaw -> L Murphy ???? 2nd option leave's 384k in the bank for next week upgrades possibly Laird and T Mitchell. I know the 2nd option sounds silly but if I do this ill have the top 9 scoring rookies in my team. Thoughts?

LUKE

Team before trades. 30 trades. $3000 in kitty. DEF: Lloyd, Shaw, Sicily, Marchbank, Doedee, Finlayson (Murray, Naughton) MID: Danger, Martin, Oliver, Merrett, Whitfield, Brayshaw, Kelly, Holman (Banfield, L Fogarty, Barry) RUC: Kreuzer, Gawn (English) FWD: Franklin, Greene, Heeney, D Smith, D Fogarty, Fritsch (Waterman, Venables)

Krups

Do you leave Naughton on the bench if you have all the other rookie options already? Just not keen he isnt going to make cash but dont want a dead wait on the bench not making me coin.

Pecks1970

Just hold mate. He has good JS so just let him sit. That trade will be so useful later in the season.

Harry

What do u guys think of Cripps VC?
Big stage against the pies, without kreuz scored 115 against the suns…
If the Big Kreuz is back, what does the community think of Cripps VC?

Chris

Views on trading out Sicily? Average score in round 2 and already suspended.

MAcboi

firm hold

KSinny

HOLD

Russty_

Trade the Flog, maybe get a better player in Curnow, who isn't a dickhead.
Sicily will get suspended again this season, maybe multiple times.
He's a Flogicydal Maniac lol

BadgerHoney7

HOLDDDDDDDD!!!!

Russty_

You hold, I'll trade..and loving it!

Northerner

It’s way more fun barracking for him to spud up than having him in your team and hoping he performs.

pod

Flog.. dump him

Defying_Madness

Huge waste of a trade

Russty_

No it isn't, it's an intelligent trade, intelligent, unlike him.

Wood

Speak to me people… What am I going to do with this Hibberd bloke ?

Wood

Defence is currently:

Hurley Laird Hibberd
Bonner Doedee Finlayson
(Murray Murphy)

Steeeve

You have everyone you need, hold

The Ranger

What he said

CalebCripps922

BadgerHoney7

Always start with Dusty, champ

Clarky

Which of these trades should I do? New to SuperCoach. Used 1 trade last week which was Olango – English

1. Keeffe – Murphy
2. Dow – Ryan (garlett into mids)
3 ZGL – Ryan
4 sicily – curnow
5 Mills – Ryan

Clarky

FYI, 5 is Luke Ryan. 2 and 3 is Liam ryan

johnno2908

3. ZGL will not be making you any money being out injured. Ryan keeps that 115 in his average for a few weeks. Can’t even really use ZGL as a loophole either, as GWS play mainly early games each week until round 11.
That, or maybe 4. Curnow looking impressive, Sicily still a flog.

Dennis

Thoughts on going Clark to Bonnar but moving Finlayson into the mids and then Giles-Langdon to Ryan? Will only have 10k left and would have Brayshaw, Kelly, Barry, Holman, Finlayson, Banfield, Garlett from M5-M11. Would most likely go Naughton to O'Connor next week just to get the kitty looking a little better. Anyway, that's my dilemma, would really appreciate thoughts.

PeteB

Any trade to get rid of Clark is a good one

Adsy

Opinions pls:
1. Merrett to Dusty (locked in)
and
2. Trade Keeffe OR Giles-Langdon for another forward (Ryan from WCE?)
OR
3. Hibberd to Simpson

If I go 2 I'll play Ryan on field, or Darcy Fog. If I go 3, I definately have to play Fog with no rookie $ generation up forward. I want to do the second corrective trade but unsure whether to go fix forward or back.

KSinny

Don't trade zerrett

Nate Sheean

ay lads
Join these head to head leagues, for a bit of fn and banter.
Nothing to serious
Feel free to join both as there are plenty of space in botn.
Let's do it lad's!

Dippen In – 184265
&
shanghai goons – 222921

Good luck everyone and may the Super Coach be in your favour this year!!

Nate Sheean

FUN**

Jim_bob321

What do u guys think of Cripps VC?
Interesting option if Kreuzer comes back

Paul

Doesn't even need Kreuzer. Buckley doesn't tag, and Cripps doesn't stop hunting the ball. Will go forward, take contested marks and kick a goal or 3. That to go along with his 30 touches with 2/3rds being contested, 10+ clearances and a bunch of tackles….he'll score big.

Or 5

SCdonkey

My VC C option this week

Fyfe showed his brilliance in the air, on the ground and through pack last week. I know i said I need to see a couple of games for me to even consider him as VC or C option. Last weeks game was the Fyfe of 2015 i saw, against GC this week he might go huge. Very high option VC for me this week

Gawn had the better of Goldy in JLT, i believe he'll do it again and will kick 1 or 2 goals against my Roos outfit. Flipping a coin atm between him and Fyfe as my VC.

Oliver he will do well against North, I don't think he'll score enough to be my VC option this week. He will be tag by Jacobs who did an awesome job with Steven and Ross.

Kelly has never scored well against the Swans with Scully out and Cogs is slightly hurting his point scoring. I'll pass this week.

Titch is just a freak 54 in Rd 1 and 40 possessions last week hard to not put the big C on him each week. His whole team protects this freak, unlike Sloanes team last season poor guy struggled with the tag. Safe to say he'll be my Captain this week.

Danger is just magnificent with 130 last week playing with quality midfielders along side him the like of Gaz, Jelwood and that rookie Kelly. He's still the main man for your Captain choice through the season. Flipping the coin between him and Titch at this stage.

johnno2908

VC Titch, C Danger, with Olango in the last game of the round… shame I don’t have Danger.

I VDd Fyfe last week, and he looked bloody good for 120. Just hope he can push that to 135+ this week against the Suns.

SCdonkey

Wish i had Olango, my loophole this week will be Langdon GWS plays on Saturday night. Good option for those who has Olango to put VC on Titch and C on Danger.

You VD'd Fyfe last week Johnno?..does that mean you had sex with him? 🙂

johnno2908

Apologies mate, VC’d him.

Tyruddanaut

The problem with that is you need to be available with minutes to spare, so if something happens….

johnno2908

The game will be over before the other one starts by about 30 minutes. Even then, you will probably know around 3/4 time which gives you an hour. I won’t have to worry about it because I don’t have any of Ablett, Danger or Selwood. I will be putting the VC on Fyfe.

Sam

Question for the community: took a risk and started Ryder as ruck alongside Gawn, now his achilles is gone any picks to replace him?

Russty_

Nank, Nicnat, Witts, Goldy, Grundy…Kreuzer if he's ok.

I’d pick in order
Nank, Nic Nat, Witts, Kreuzer,

Derek

I would say Big Boy is playing as good as any of them. Dominated on the weekend.

Only problem is Ceglar is only a few weeks away

He’s not in the best 22 though

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Will have to wait on teams as might not have a looper this week.

If thats the case dont think you can go past titch as capt.

Russty_

Hey Trig, you reckon Keefe will get a game this week?

TRIGGA_HAPPY

May bring him in for ZGL.

Russty_

I only kept him for a loophole but I still have Bingobangobongo lol

Tyruddanaut

I’m going past him and choosing Danger. Olango with the Loophole playing late on Sunday

L G

Is Fisher a thing ?

Tyruddanaut

He’s looks like he is assuming a new role in the midfield. Could be the goods, but you are taking a risk

Rick Grimes

I'm thinking it's a risk worth taking.

SC_18

I don't have Coniglio and have been less than excited with JOM's scoring. So, I'm thinking:

Sicily > Bonner
JOM > Coniglio

Thoughts?

Nick

I would hold Sicily

Russty_

I wouldn't, Bonner, if he goes nuts this week and or next could keep Broadbent out from ever getting back in, Pittard not back for 3 weeks or so, Houston or Clurey could be out before Bonner…could even be a keeper, time will tell.
JOM to Cogs is a good trade.

Tyruddanaut

Sicily should be held, but do look to downgrade JOM

Nick

I know this is a sideways trade but what are everyone’s thoughts on Hibberd to Simpson and Naughton to Bonner?

Pretty much what I’m doing but replace Naughton with Langdon

Russty_

Hi Nick, 758 people have already asked the exact same question in the last few days, maybe read through the forums first?
Trust your own gut feeling / Choice.

Only 758?

Maybe 1758…lol

Derek

Hibbo is going to be very high on my watch list in coming weeks. If his role changes and starts doing the kick ins and he is $400k welcome.

Nick

sorry boys

pod

Dont be sorry Nick they are old and boring nuffs who believe they have a right to insult people because they've been on this site since the dinosaurs. Keep asking whatever you like buddy and good luck with your decisions.

The trades you highlighted are solid and with merit.

Rick Grimes

Yep, ask away and ignore the cranky sods. This is still a welcoming community.

Sc_Wow

Give him some advice then Rick if you’re so keen on blokes asking the same question all the time

Sampson

then why don't you leave mate if its boring, don't insult nick for asking a question. Ive seen you on here before judging peoples comments, think you were quoted as being the ''çomments police''

pod

So now you yhink you deserve respect? I'll respect who I want and it isn't someone like you the way you carry on.

Most of the community doesn't want to hear your negative stuff just the constructive talk is welcome.

Defying_Madness

Yeah using control F and then searching in the players name can go a mile

Blaknight

Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

That is all..

Russty_

I'd like to own one of those!

Freddy

Keep or trade Mills? His role worries me a bit, only scores well when he is used as a lose man and the swans look to McVeigh and Lloyd out of defence.

I’d trade.
He’s not worth the money

Derek

I have a cognitive bias towards Mills. Watched him play for years in the swans academy with my son, absolute gun and always played in the midfield. Went to the Swans and they put him in defence. Never had played there before. I’m just waiting for the day he goes into the midfield because I’ve seen what he can do.

I started him again.

Week one he scored ok as the loose player in defence. If he plays that role, only expect 80-90.

Last week McVeigh took the role of the loose man and Mills was given a defensive role. I hardly saw him touch the ball.

He isn’t playing midfield and looks unlikely.

I’ll probsbly be moving him on, get Simpson. Sorry to say

Rick Grimes

Trade I reckon. There's too much competition for those points. Even if McVeigh was sidelined, I don't see Mills tacking up tons. Maybe in future years he'll get a decent run and be SC relevant.

Jeff

Coniglio or Oliver?

Oliver

It depends.
If you want value, Coniglio
If you are purely looking for a high score, Oliver

Rick Grimes

Very different price points. Clary is a gun and a vc option every week. Cogs going great and will make cash but do you intend keeping? If not, you're burning am extra trade. Also, Cogs a tad brittle in the past. I feel if you didn't start with him best not to bother chasing.

Derek

Agree. If you started him well done. If you didn’t, you need to be waiting for the Merritt’s, Kelly’s, Dusty’s, Danger, crouch, Zorko, tMitch, Sloane types to get cheaper and snap ‘em up.

Don’t think Coniglio is quite top 10.

Aqua

lachy fogarty a decent downgrade option for will brodie?

Tyruddanaut

No. He isn’t projected to raise in price highly and with his role, he might not surpass 200k.
Look towards Barry, Garlett, Banfield, Fogarty and potentially O’Connor

Mervtheperv

Hi community.
A few hours ago I asked Barron or anyone who has an informed opinion about my plan to get Dusty Martin in my team which is struggling after two ordinary weeks, however I didn’t get a response.
I have enough to get Martin if I do ONE of these trades.
Dow, (I have learnt not to buy expensive rookies) to Barry, or
Naughton to Murphy.
Who out of Barry and Murphy has the best job security as they are both in strong sides?

TommyC99

Barry’s JS is much better than Murphy, so I’d do that

Agree. Barry looked good

Sc_Wow

Who are you trading for dusty

Mos' Grossest

Dow to Barry

Clint

What’s more important, trading ZGL – Ryan or trading Mills

Mark

Is it worth trading Keeffe – Murphy (gives me the funds to make another trade but means I lose link with Sicily in fwds and won’t hand non playing loophole in def

StevoRivo

I have Keefe also for the same purpose Mark. With Langdon out he may come into the team this week as he’s been emergency for 2 weeks. Wait for selections tonight. I have Murphy already so the trade temptation isn’t as strong. Decide from there.

Derek

Murphy is a big risk. Even if he plays this week he might miss next.

Andrew

Hey guys after some advice. Really happy with my team. Only real issue is Beams. I dont have Ryan or Murphy but have all the other main rookies. Have 3 options for my trades this week and interested to hear thoughts.

A) Beams to Cripps & Zgl to ryan/keefe to murphy- Leaves me with round 185k

B) Beams to Ryan via dpp & Keefe to Simpson- Leaves me with 193k

C) Beams to Ryan & Keefe to Murphy- Leaves me with 607k

Leaning A however with b and c it only means playing Kelly in the mid which is fine with brayshaw and holman. I only have 2 premos in defence w bonner so Simmo would be playing instead of Murray. C is risky but allows me to have another look at players/take advantage of price drops and potentially go 2 up in one week.

I’d choose B) Strengthening defense

Derek

Do you know what is wrong with Beams?

Is he getting more attention? Is he injured?

I think that is your question. You need to decide if Beams can bounce back and back him to do that. I haven’t seen his games and don’t have him. Find someone who does know. You try and keep your premiums if you can.

Also try and buy your premiums cheaper than their starting price.

Andrew

I know Beams hasnt had much of a preseason I think he'll have a big second half of the year but cant have 70s from one of my premos till then.

Cripps and simpson both have low B/E. I think Cripps price is basement right now and hes the only mid prem I'm comsidering this week if I go that way.

SC_Sixty6

Will be putting a big peice of advice in my memory bank for next year. NO FLOGS POLICY! in my team. Giving me a headache 2 weeks in a row not to mention injuries to take care of.

Fyfe or titch for VC and Danger C. Danger sat a full qtr up fwd against hawks because Scott is a dud. He has the best player in the comp sitting up fwd and couldn't get it to him. Leave him in the guts Scott!!!! Too busy living in the past when danger kicked 5.6 last year.

Russty_

Actually played 42% forward 66!….too damn much, if he was midfielding the whole game would've scored 160+ and Geelong would've won, guess Scott could be forgiven for being cautious but Danger isn't some ordinary player, play him where he belongs!…getting clearances out of the middle.

Northerner

It’s even better when you don’t have a flog like Sicily and you can cheer on his 50m senseless frees, his kneeing antics and low scoring.

I might make an exception for Greene later in the year as he’s a special talent in a team that looks like dominating, but only if I’ve got spare trades to correct when he fronts the mrp.

Keeping a close watch on Ryan(Freo). If there was a player showing Docherty like traits of clean hands, ball winner, uses by foot and immaculate DE, he’s looking likely. Think he’s showing some great signs of really breaking out to next level.

Derek

Does anyone know why Barlow isn’t playing?

David C

They are giving the younger guys 1st crack in the mids. Plus too many inside mids at GC. Brodie cant get a games either at the moment.

NoLanguage

Remind me why the bloke without Dusty or Titch is giving captaincy advice?

Tyruddanaut

Just compare the scores of players with his recommendations. It’s more for inexperienced or undecided players

Ethan

I’ve got 30 trades left and all the correct rookies, Ranked currently 35k. I’ve finished top 1000 3 Years in a row but I’m always open to advice so I’m wondering what you guys think of a bold move in trading Merrett to coniglio bank some cash then bring Merrett back into my side in a few weeks to try hit full premium side as fast as possible to make up for lost ground

David C

Just burning trades.

TOPHAWK1

Hi Ethan. I would not do it. You are much better off saving your trades, and having crucial trades at the back end of the season. It is then you can rocket up the rankings as others run out of trades. Just my take. Good luck!

Derek

You don’t get a Coniglio to make cash. That is what Holman and Murphy are for.

I would love to bring him in, but I have no room, would come in as my M7.

Merrett will be top 10. Keep him all year and don’t give a stuff about his price

ChewyOnYa

Is naughton to bonner worth it? My team has had no injuries (other than ZGL) and only other corrective trade I am considering is Hibberd to Simpson.

Do i pull the trigger?

759

Haha

Defying_Madness

hehe

Rick Grimes

On evidence to date Naugton is up to naught, but equally, Bonner could be a trap. Neither is a keeper so comes down to value of a trade. If Naught can rack up a couple of 70s, he'll start making money. Maybe not as quick as Bonner, but you'll save a trade.

Derek

Bonnar is bit expensive. Will make some cash, maybe $60k more than Naughton, but that not worth a trade.

CalebCripps922

I think that's what i'm doing Hibberd to Simpson.

Tyruddanaut

I’m looking ahead a bit, but Buddy Franklin in R7?
Will have already played Giants, Adelaide and Cats in the previous 4 rounds and didn’t score great against Port.

Then he has, in order: North, Hawks, Freo, Brisbane, Carlton, St. Kilda, Eagles (who he has already belted).

In the next 9 games, he has 3 hard teams (GWS, Cats, Richmond), two of which are immediately after their easy streak. Then Essendon and Melbourne and the rest are very easy.

In addition, he has Hawthorn – a medium tier team – for the Supercoach grand final.

The main issue is his R14 bye. I already have Walters, Heeney and Billings playing, although I am highly considering bringing in a secondary DPP in the midfield, for this situation, and potentially bringing him in for F7, if I choose a premium. Otherwise, by then, Higgins and Ahern should be ready and Garlett and Barry should be plump as a plum.

Thoughts?

Rick Grimes

Buddy always gonna be cheap at some pointf in the year. I'll likely go for him post byes unless he gets ridiculously cheap. Paying top dollar noe and my wallet has too many months in it to be in the buying mood.

DacZawson

I saw this in the pre-season and is my exact thinking. I didn’t start him but promised myself that I’d get him R7 and watch him average 120+ in the next 7 games

Captain Risky

Jack Higgins to make his debut this week for the Tigs. Looking forward to seeing him play. Should be a good fwd/mid downgrade option in a few weeks!

TOPHAWK1

Very handy!! A really good young player by all reports. Hopefully if he scores OK at has decent JS, he could be perfect to snap up in place of ZGL or Naughton via DDP in two weeks. On the watch list he goes!

I’m disappointed! Hoping he would come in around R5 or R6

Sc_Wow

Could be a decent swap for a Liam Ryan, make some quick cash

StevoRivo

Some help please – trade or hold? Have 29 trades & $125k

D: Laird, Hibberd, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, Murray (Sicily, Naughton)
M: Danger, Titch, Dusty, Fyfe, Cripps, Cogs, Kelly, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Garlett)
R: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
F: Heeney, Lambert, Smith, Petraca, Fritsch, Ryan (Langdon, Keefe).

A couple of obvious trades but injuries aside, is it really that necessary? I think Lambert, Naughton and Hibberd will come good & Langdon is the only injury with a 4 week wait. Keeping Keefe as a swing with Sicily.

Thoughts please?

TOPHAWK1

For me its a hold, purely because you used an early trade last week. Had you still had 30 trades, you may have been able to do something about Lambert. Perhaps straight switch to McLean for example. But conserving your trades at the moment is IMO much more crucial. And like you say, Lambert and Hibbo could easily tonne up this week. They are good enough players. I still have 30 trades, and am planning not to trade again this round. Just no need, and I have Hibbo and ZGL too. Good luck mate!

StevoRivo

Thanks TopHawk. Think I will hold. Lambert may drop cash but I still think he can get to 90 avg once the Tigers have a few back from injury & get rolling again.

Sully321

You've got 2 Murray's in your backline

CJudd3Votes

Lachie (Adel), Sam (Coll)

Sully321

Lachie Murphy?

StevoRivo

Yes correct – I have Murray and Murphy. Spell check next time!

Rick Grimes

I was strong on holding Lambert but Gray looks so much better sitting in my forward line. I could wait a week on both I suppose. Hmmmm, this game can be a real mind f$#k sometimes.

Crowboy94

I have changed my mind. Got rid of Lambert to Mclean who was the other one I was going to pick in pre season. And have downgraded Clark to Higgins.

TRIGGA_HAPPY

As long as he doesnt sit in ports fwd line for too long.
Happy with his early bye?

Derek

everyone thought that RGray back last week he would play forward and Rocky would be in the guts. opposite happenend.

If it wasn't for him missing round 1 and the round 10 bye, he would have been a lock in my starting team.

Gray that is, not Rocky

Sc_Wow

Still could be worth looking at, they play a lot of weak teams before that round 10 bye. And by that stage we should have solid cover.

SCdonkey

That's what i thought, when Robbie returns Rocky will be in the guts. Saw the line up and Rocky was named at HF, pulled the trigger and brought Danger in early.

Gray will be spending more time in midfield, Rocky's knee still not right for him to be running up and down the ground.

Maverick_

Flirted with Taranto, curnow & even Down to ryan to bank a big kitty for dusty in a few rounds time but now have decided I’ll hold (for now).
Bloke works harder than anyone else I know around the ground. Hoping the scores come. Selected him as a keeper to average 90+, it’ll come I hope RG

Corza

Hi Community,
Thinking about trading Hibberd (255K in the bank)
I have 3 Options
1. Hold Hibberd upgrade Naughton to Bonner
2. Trade Hibberd for Simpson, Then upgrade Clark to Coniglio
3. Trade Hibberd for Bonner (leaving me with Savage and Laird as my only two premiums) and trade Clark to Dusty Martin

Which option is best?

Sully321

if you have titch and Danger then go option 2. if you only have one or none of those two then go with 3

Corza

Yeah I have Titch and danger

Northerner

Was contemplating moving on Lobb. However, playing Sydney this week, who are largely ruckless and will find going a lot easier. If he fails again and is not looking up to it, still have a week to target Taranto, Christensen etc. if needed.

Some discussion about Smith in for scans. Anyone have intel?

Derek

Lobb will do well against the weaker ruckmen. Scored 97 against English round 1, but struggled against Grundy last week.

Have to remember he had an intereupted pre-season and it showed on the weekend, scored 12 points in the second half.

has Sinclair this week, should do ok.

Adam

Lookn at downgrading hibbo to savage or Ryan ?
Then upgrade bell to a keeper any thoughts or ideas

Sully321

depends on who you can get when upgrading Bell, but if I was just choosing between savage and ryan i'd go sav

Sully321

someone help please:
D: Laird, JJ, Mills, doedee, Finlayson, Murray (naughton, Keefe)
M: Dusty, Titch, Ablett, Merret, Fyfe, Cripps, Kelly, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry)
R: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
F: Walters, Smith, Petracca, Fogarty, Waterman, Fritsch (Garlett, Sicily)

with $260k in the bank I feel i've got a lot of options,
before round 1 I brought in merret to cover for Danger for the first couple of weeks to allow me to evaluate a few things. After watching the first few rounds, I realise I need to strengthen my FWD and Back lines. I could do this in a number of ways like:
1) Merrett – Danger and Naughton – Bonner
2) Merrett – Danger and Fogarty – Fisher
3) Merrett – Coniglio and Fogarty – any FWD (probably between Franklin, Heeney, Mclean and charlie curnow if I wanted to keep some cash in the bank
4) Merret – Coniglio and Naughton – any Def (most likely Kade Simpson)
5) Merret – Danger and Mills – Curnow
I'm also not too happy with Mills in my side but I feel like I need to hold him for a few more weeks to allow me to patch up a few things in other areas.
I think I should play it safe and bring in danger this week as it is only going to get harder and harder to bring him in
what are your thoughts?
thanks in advance

GAZ

options 1 buddy

CalebCripps922

I'd say Merret to Coniglio {Who is looking like a top 10 mid} and Fogarty to Heeney. Good Luck Man.

TheGreatBozza

As good as Danger is, I'd look at option 3. You already have the big dawgs in Dusty, Titch & Ablett. FWD line could use more fire power so I'd look at Heeney

The Ranger

Option 1 for mine

none of those.

Hold Merrett.

team looks good. Forward line will be very thin this week. i doubt Fogarty will get named and i hear that Fritsch is struggling to be fit after getting a kick in the side on the weekend. i think he was off all the third quarter but came back on.

Derek

Higgins is playing. The rumours were correct

TommyC99

Which set of trades should I go with?

1. Mills – curnow (via Sicily) and ZGL – Ryan
2. Mills – Luke Ryan and Keeffe – Murphy

Sully321

I reckon Curnow will score better than ryan throughout the year, although ryan may be a little more consistent

GAZ

Luke Ryan fort me

Derek

Ryan is too sideways for me.

TommyC99

So you would go curnow Derek? Or just hold Mills?

CJudd3Votes

What were we told all preseason? NO FLOGS! And I chose to ignore it and picked old Hot Head Sicily who after attending Monday's game i was going to drop even if he wasn't suspended. Got overly fired up early and it ruined his decision making process for the day, and I'm not getting sucked in by that again.
HENCE time to get a bit of a POD going Mr. Taranto, after seeing how many centre bounces you attended with no Scully, I would like to extend a formal invitation to join my forward line

Derek

its a pity Sicily isn't playing. Defenders have been doing very well against Richmond this year, especially the intercept marking type. Richmond's kicking has not been good

GAZ

Zorko out or hold

plus

Hibberd to Ryan considering the scores i think hibberd will come goo but Ryan cheap now or HOLD Hibberd

Rick Grimes

Definitely hold Zorko. Forget round 1, he's a gun. Hibberd looks like hes in different role so could be worth a trade. Personally I'm holding another week on him.

GAZ

Cheers Rick

MyDi

What’s best please?
Gray who is a definite keeper but $500K or Taranto @$365K but will he be a keeper?

Rick Grimes

Think you answered your own question. But by same token sometimes you have to risk it for the biscuit. Could Timmy T be this year's Oliver?

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Timmy time for mine

Derek

there is a lot of love for taranto this week.

Taranto and Bonnar are the flavors of this week

The Ranger

Thanks Post and damo.
Fyfe into Titch for me this week.

Need help community…
Got Crouch, Kreuzer, Langdon and Menegola all bothering me.
If Kreuzer plays, which of the other two would you move on and why?
I'm leaning toward Crouch – Cogs and Langdon – Ryan which means I just have to hold bloody Menegola.

neil demons delight

Hi Ranger Couch is a definite top10 and kreuz a keeper too.. If you can see your way thru I would keep both .depends how long couch is out for really Menegola must go

The Ranger

Crouch is just on that awkward spot Neil, 3wks according to the AFL injury list.
If I'd had a good start I might look to keep him but I haven't so I think he has to go.
Kreuzer I'll prob keep no matter what, I have English as cover so at least it's not a donut.
Choosing between Langdon and Menegola is a tricky one…
Menegola will lose money but if I don't pull the Langdon trade I miss out on Ryan who I think might make some fast cash.

Captain Risky

If you can keep Crouch for a week or 2, you can trade in Merret or Zorko cheap. Or you could downgrade Menegola to Ryan and save the dollars for Merret/Zorko if you wanted? Menegola for me looks like a trade first regardless.

I'd be holding ZGL, loophole Garlett/ Fritsch or whoever else you have.

The Ranger

I did think of going Menegola to Cogs via Higgins (who I have on my mid bench) but that leaves my fwd line a bit thin with Heeney, Walters and Smith and then three rookies.
Plus I lose the mid/fwd swing.

Captain Risky

Mclean is going ok, otherwise Taranto if you want to take the risk. Cogs would be OK too. Mid/fwd swing will be more important later, won't hurt (hopefully!) not to have one for a few weeks.

The Ranger

I just did Crouch to Cogs and Menegola to Taranto and it leaves me with 356K in the kitty.
Very tempted by that.
Taranto can become my F7/M9 at worst and Langdon can be looped until he comes back.

TRIGGA_HAPPY

I would trade the injured player unless u have ample coverage.

The Ranger

Yeah my instinct says to trade the LTI's first Trigga but with Higgins being named Langdon becomes my only non-playing rookie and that makes him more tempting to keep and loop for a few weeks until he's back.
Plus I'm really annoyed that I put Menegola in at the last minute and it would make me feel much better to rage trade him!

CalebCripps922

I am seriously considering Hibberd down to Bonner which will allow me to get Brayshaw up to Dusty in a few weeks. Don't have any other issues with my side and i need Dusty as soon as possible. Any help appreciated community!

CJudd3Votes

If you think Bonner is a keeper there is probably a bit of merit to this however if not you're just extending the time it'll take until full premo. That said getting in Dusty and Danger ASAP is also something we have to very aware of, I just think that you're better off holding for the time being as injuries could force your hand any week

TheGreatBozza

I'd only do a trade like that if the funds open up to bring in another premo. Chances are you will want to upgrade Bonner later on, unless you think he's a keeper

Rookie Dilemma

Hey Team,

I'm thinking of ditching L. Keefe for L. Murphy & Ryan for Giles-Langdon.

My only concern is burning two trades for two rookies? Is this overkill? I haven't used any trades so far FYI & I've pretty much sorted all the other must-gets.

Thanks!

Derek

two non-playing rookies for two playing rookies seems a nice way to make plenty of cash.

rule #1: get the right rookies

neil demons delight

I kept Lambert even tho he will bleed but FLOG has to depart my team Problem occurs later when I want to trade LAMBERT.He has that 14 bye and I want one trade to a keeper forward not in R 14 Candidates are PETRACCA CURNOW HOGAN SMITH and TARANTO My choice is petracca as a forward keeper Other method is to keep FLOG and dice LAMBERT NOW Any thoughts

The Ranger

Tough one Neil but I'd move on the flog and get Petracca or Smith.
Players will be lining up to get into Sicily now and I'll be surprised if he can handle that.

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Hogan. Pod.

Dan

Hi all,
First dilemma for the year…..
I have Clarke (Stk) who hasn't produced. I also have hibberd who is looking very average.
My thoughts are:
1. Trade Clarke to Bonner. This will be achieved by moving Finlayson to the midfield.
2. Trade Hibberd to Simpson.

What are your thoughts? Option 1, option 1 & 2 or other option?
Appreciate your comments.

TRIGGA_HAPPY

Nope unless you r starting finlayson on ground.
He is worthy of a starting position

Mike

Is it crazy thinking to trade Hibberd out for Simpson?

Lazza

Nuh

deleted5925480

Done!! Thrown the key Hibbo is officially out of my team. Now i have $248K in bank and 3 trades used so far. Might just hold on to Cox for a while, i can't seem to pick someone in the Ruck to replace Ryder. Witts is the only one that stands out atm, but his Rd10 by is awkward or I can just with run Cox until Witts and Ryder when he comes back and had their bye, then bring one them in. Next in my radar is NicNat and then Kreuzer when he comes back and hope his price drops.

TheGreatBozza

I think Cox could punch out 70's. Round 1 was the worst he could possibly play and he pushed out a 40 (i was expecting a 12)

SCdonkey

I think he can too, he just needs to improve on his marking. Pies looks for him everytime, if he can improve on that he'll score really well. Most of the time will be contested marks and inside 50s.

GAZ