HEROES, VILLAINS AND DAMNED

Filed in Supercoach by on 02/04/2018 • views: 8823

Key forwards are one of the great paradoxes of SuperCoach.

A good day out and a bag of goals can reap immense rewards for owners, but inconsistent scoring is a well-known hazard.

It’s not uncommon for a spearhead up forward to go 150 SC one week, 50 SC the next.

As a rule of thumb, only a couple of blokes in this bracket are worth picking. One is Lance Franklin.

Could the other be Tom Lynch?

The blonde Gold Coast bombshell went bananas against the Blues on Saturday, slamming home eight majors for a rich return of 180 SuperCoach points.

Could this finally be the year he breaks out and presents himself as a consistent scoring option up forward? Time will tell.

The Heroes

Gun Suns captain Tom Lynch (180 SC) loves beating up on Carlton and that trend continued on Saturday when he slammed home eight goals and had 21 possessions. Fellow key forward Jesse Hogan (145 SC) was also dominant, booting five goals and clunking nine marks to help the Demons get over the line against a spirited Brisbane.

Winding back to Thursday night, Dustin Martin (160 SC) was imperious form, despite his Tigers going down to Adelaide. The Brownlow medallist kicked five goals to go with 25 touches, seven tackles, 14 contested possessions and seven clearances. Crows trio Rory Sloane (141 SC), Bryce Gibbs (127 SC) and Rory Laird (120 SC) all performed well for the victors.

Geelong couldn’t get the job done on Easter Monday but that didn’t stop their stars from having a day out, with the big three of Gary Ablett (144 SC), Joel Selwood (140 SC) and Patrick Dangerfield (130 SC) all dominating. For the victorious Hawks, it was ball magnet Tom Mitchell (148 SC) who again did the business. He had 40 disposals – 23 of them contest – to go with 13 clearances and two goals.

Several nice PODs performed well in the midfield, such as Gold Coast’s Jarryd Lyons (150 SC), who had 26 contested possessions and 14 clearances, and Port bull Ollie Wines (147 SC) who was prolific in his side’s win over the Swans. Even young Demon Clayton Oliver (146 SC) has low ownership numbers but that didn’t stop him producing a 35-touch, 22-contested possession, 11-clearance masterclass.

The sublime kicking of elite West Coast defender Shannon Hurn (138 SC) was a joy to watch on Sunday. He sliced through the Bulldogs’ zone with his 22 kicks and 10 marks coming at 89% efficiency. While the Dogs were woeful, a couple still stood out, with Jack McRae (142 SC) kicking three goals to go with 31 touches at 90% efficiency and Toby McLean (125 SC) finishing with 31 disposals.

Ruck behemoths Brodie Grundy (139 SC) and Todd Goldstein (123 SC) proved what many of us already knew – they do their best work alone. So steer clear please Mr Cox and Mr Pruest. Popular picks Stephen Coniglio (120 SC) and Nat Fyfe (120 SC) did not let their owners down with polished performances.

Other scores: Jeff Garlett (152 SC), Ed Curnow (148 SC), Ben McEvoy (139 SC), Jarryn Geary (128 SC), Jarrad Polec (125 SC), Jarrad Waite (125 SC), David Mundy (123 SC), David Swallow (121 SC), Jeremy Howe (121 SC), Shaun Higgins (120 SC).

The Villains

Michael Hibberd (72 SC) is causing his owners a lot of angst. He produced his second poor outing in a row and to put things in perspective, he has been outscored so far by basement-priced rookie defenders Tom Doedee and Jeremy Finlayson. If this sort of trend continues, Hibberd could well turn out to turn out to be like Heath Shaw last year.

Lions duo Stefan Martin (63 SC) and Dayne Beams (59 SC) are yet to recapture their best form while Sydney’s Jake Lloyd (71 SC) was also kept quiet by Port Adelaide. Freo giant Aaron Sandilands (42 SC) was poor despite his side’s big win, while popular Hawthorn pick James Sicily (62 SC) failed to back up his ton the week before.

Geelong’s Sam Menegola (55 SC) appears to be struggling with his new role given the power that’s in Geelong’s midfield and that was with Mitch Duncan out of the frame as well.

The Redeemers

Is Heath Shaw (110 SC) back? That’s the question many are asking. Those bold enough to take the plunge on 2017’s burn man will certainly be hoping so. It’s only a small sample size, but two tons in two weeks is a great start.

Adam Treloar (108 SC) has always been able to hunt the footy, but it’s his propensity to chop it up that often hinders his scoring. He kicked two goals and went at 75% efficiency, which is good for him.

It’s been a long road for Allen Christenson (101 SC) due to injury, but he gave his owners an exciting glimpse at his scoring potential by posting a triple-figure score.

Jason Johannisen (110 SC) didn’t receive much attention from the Eagles and performed well despite his side’s poor outing, while Port’s Robbie Gray (111 SC) spent more time in the midfield than usual and had a 10-tackle, 26-possession outing.

The Prodigies

Rejoice, it looks like we finally have a decent forward rookie option on our hands. Liam Ryan (115 SC) won’t score like this every week, but his three-goal performance should have his owners feeling optimistic. The West Coast excitement machine should only grow in confidence from here.

Defensive pair Tom Doedee (115 SC) and Jeremy Finlayson (106 SC) were again brilliant, with Doedee racking up 25 touches, 14 of them contested, at 96% efficiency. Nick Holman (92 SC) went close to another ton with an 11-tackle masterclass, while Geelong’s Tim Kelly (122 SC) is stating his case to become rookie of year with a 27-possession performance.

Adelaide’s Lachlan Murphy (80 SC) and North’s Luke Davies-Uniacke (77 SC) both improved on their Round 1 performances, while Collingwood pair Jaidyn Stephenson (64 SC) and Sam Murray (58 SC) produced about what was expected of them.

Forward options Jake Waterman (78 SC), Zac Giles-Langdon (65 SC), Bailey Fritsch (60 SC) and Daniel Venebles (59 SC) showed some promise, as did Dom Barry (62 SC) in the midfield.

Freo trio Adam Cera (61 SC), Andrew Brayshaw (62 SC) and Bailey Banfield (64 SC) were all pretty similar, with Cera in particular looking like a good prospect.

Other rookie scores: Billy Gowers (57 SC), Cameron Polson (50 SC), Ed Richardson (49 SC), Aaron Naughton (48 SC), Cam O’Shea (48 SC), Lachlan Fogarty (47 SC), Paddy Dow (46 SC), Darcy Fogarty (45 SC), Jarrod Garlett (36 SC), Tim English (33 SC), Willie Rioli (31 SC), Mitch Crowden (29 SC), Jack Henry (27 SC), Hunter Clarke (26 SC), Cameron Rayner (20 SC).

The Damned

Matt Crouch (51 SC) has done his hamstring and looks set for a stint on the sidelines. His owners could hold him if they have bench cover, depending on the severity of the injury.

Tom Scully (19 SC) will be out long term with a badly broken ankle, while Tom Rockliff (17 SC) is clearly massively underdone. The once mighty SuperCoach force only managed nine possessions in Port’s upset win over Sydney.

1. Saundo says:

Should I hold Rocky?

2. Locked and Loaded says:

Here’s the dilemma! Team shaping up nicely but not happy with naughton not going to be useful enough… is Parker going to keep this up?
    My idea is
    Crouch —> Parker
    Naughton —> Bonner

Thoughts?

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Yup perfect. Don't second guess it. Parker up year and POD. Bonner good for cash.

• Saundo says:

Bonner is good but with Pittard and Broadbent to come back not sure if his continued good output

• Locked and Loaded says:

Might help him to be honest less attention who really knows though lol

• David C says:

Yep, not sold on Bonner. Better of with a cheap rook like Ed Richards.

• Derek says:

Crouch to Parker. No brainer.

I don’t have Naughton, but I say hold him. His 25 first round score will be gone next week so even if he scores 50’s and 60’s he will make you $100k.

I think he will improve. Already had a better game this week. You just need one good score from him to make good coin.

Bonnars big first round score will be gone next week. He is a very high priced rookie and I can’t see him giving a very good ROI. He was lucky to get over 70. If he continues with 70’s you will make a bit more cash than Naughton but not worth a trade. If you have Bonnar, you will feel as though you need to play him, where you can just park Naughton on bench and let him slow burn

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Bonner was on 68sc when he kicked that last goal, he ended up with 76. So id say unlucky to only get 8sc.

Buddy had 2 x outside 50m goals in a row coming from behind to get them within a couple in a match last year got 24sc and in the other game Bont takes uncontested mark in open goal square kicks goal in a game that puts them further ahead got 22sc or some crud??

Bonner was against Sydney away, he tagged Kennedy for a bit in the first then had a rest which chewed up his first qtr scores a bit. Would have liked to have seen him demand ball on way out a bit more seemed more defensive. Rising star rnd 1 surely they keep him in team.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I was eyeing him before the season start but traded him out at the last second. It was to Coniglio though, soooo.
      He looks the goods

• Dean says:

Follow your nick name with those selections mate… I love it…

3. Pasta stRayner says:

Two round average of 2,418! Sees my best start to a season. Considering downgrading a disappointing O’Meara to Murphy for cash generation and building up my Dusty/Danger war chest. Any other trade suggestions??

Def:
    Laird, Tuohy, Savage, Finlayson, Doedee, Murray (Naughton, Keefe)

Mid:
    Mitchell, Oliver, Fyfe, Parker, Whitfield, O’Meara, Kelly, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry)

Ruck:
    Goldstein, Gawn (Cameron)

Fwd:
    Billings, Greene, McLean, Smith, Sicily, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

• SC_Sixty6 says:

You've done very well considering no Martin or danger. Let's see how long you stay up without those 2!

• pasta stRayner says:

I forgot the new format of Supercoach where we don't have any trades for the season – oh wait, we have 30.

• Derek says:

Great start. What is your rank?

JOM looks to be moving really well, but not getting enough of the footy. I’d hold. After Richmond the Hawks have a nice few games, he will do ok. Only paid $315k, he is better than that. He should make enough cash to be a stepping stone to a fallen premium around the byes.

A good start so you can afford to preserve your trades

• Tibor says:

That's a cracking start. No doubt you look to maximise your start with a smart trade. Plenty of options but no guarantees. Just as a bit of a left field idea would you just sit back and keep your trades. The rookies keep making you cash you can let it all play out. The only problem is the missing big two but you made the call to start without them and so far it has been a good one, you will need them but I don't see any reason to panic.

• pasta stRayner says:

I'm 299th… I still don't mind the idea of O'Meara to Murphy (if he retains his spot) and banking $220k… currently got $50k in the bank. If O'Meara isn't substantially increasing my scoring potential at M6 OR cash generation, he isn't doing much.

Yeah I'm more or less going to hold most of my trades.. I will get Dusty and Danger in at some stage but no real rush with Mitchell and Oliver both destroying it. Dusty is bound to fall below $600k at some stage and any pre-season injury concern was enough for me to jump ship, even if it is Danger.

• Tristan says:

Considered moving JOM to coniglio? but yeah moving JOM on seems to be good. Could even think of moving norton on cause he wont gain heaps of cash. You could trade sicily considering teams solid but holding the week aint bad either.

• pasta stRayner says:

I've thought about trying to move JOM up to Congilio but I need around $150k.. only way to get enough cash would be trading out Brayshaw, which just isn't worth it. Congilio does fit in with my bye structure too but not worth moving heaven and earth to get him.

Naughton still only needs one solid week or two to make some cash, I'll hold. In years gone by, it's almost NEVER worth sideways trading rookies as you won't get enough cash generation from the rookie you trade in then you would with holding the rookie + one trade.

I'm definitely holding Sicily, only one week and he started in my team with the purpose of having the DPP swing fwd/def, if I trade right he'll end up being F7/D7 loophole and cover for both end of the season.

• Sc_Wow says:

Yeah you will definitely start falling down the ranks soon Dusty and Danger locks for top 3 players, how many points you going to lose before getting them in?

• pasta stRayner says:

$270k in the bank, can get them in by round 6 for $100k cheaper. I'm not overly fussed on rank regardless, I'm heavily involved in cash leagues so not that fussed on ranks regardless.. can win a few thousand just by winning those.

BUT to further accentuate my point, can you look back for the past 5 years and tell me how many Supercoach winners for the year started the most expensive player at the start of the season? I'm pretty sure it is nil.

• TheGreatBozza says:

You’ve done well mate. Love the Whitfield pick, he’s been killing it off the half back flank so far. Like others have suggested I’d look at JOM to a Murphy via Finlayson to pad the bank. Holding JOM wouldn’t hurt either, he should improve with consistency

• Dean says:

Pasta stRayner

Clearly you're killing it right now and it seems you have a decent game plan considering all your replies to others who have suggested other trade suggestions, just as you asked them to do.

Just stick with your game plan if you're only playing in a few cash leagues, you are in a great position to win the few grand even though its a long way away.
      As long as you're not concerned about rank then their is no rush to bring Danger & Martin in. If it was about overall rank then thats a totally different ball game.

Good Luck…

• pasta stRayner says:

Cheers mate, Don't mean to sound like I'm putting down the trade suggestions.. just trying to articulate the game plan and discuss them!
        Happy with my position in the cash games and will still try get in Danger/Dusty asap as I still would love a good rank and a crack winning it all! I'll keep the community posted,. hope your team is off to a strong start!

4. StevoRivo says:

Another great write up Big Carl.

Do we hold or trade Lambert at F2?

• BVB21 says:

I am trading him out.

I thought he was a solid pick after last year and he looked like getting more midfield time but he’s just not producing

• StevoRivo says:

Yep. I don’t like correction trades but he is about to lose $30k and I can’t see him getting past 90 avg right now.

• nickgonzalez771 says:

I was all for holding him, but I had a way of getting rid of Naughton and Lambert and getting Dusty and Murphy in return. I think if you've got a plan to get something back in return which looks more promising then go for it, perhaps a left-of-centre move like a Taranto or Westhoff. Otherwise it might just be a sideways move which won't pay off. Lambert has the tank and every chance of reaching that potential we were looking for.

• juddy says:

I can go lobb to Liam Ryan or M.O'connor via DPP swing.. I want to make some cash for dusty.
        whose the better option on the 2 above?
        Then i will go lambert to dusty!

• David C says:

Yeh, I traded him to Taranto to beef up the bank balance so I can pounce on Danger when the moment is right. Lambert is getting plenty of midfield minutes but just isn't scoring and Prestia has to come back in as well. Holding Hibberd for now but can't hold too many under performing players so Lambert is gone.

5. Corkscrew says:

I know should be avoiding sideways moves and also backing premo selections, but hibberds role has changed jordan lewis is kicking out and playing loose behind the ball, and kade simpson is doing his best docherty impersanation so should i just go for it now?…simpson will probably be 600k plus after the byes and hibberds price could tank? Held on shaw and johannisen last year and it killed me

6. THE SALTSHAKER says:

2296
    cap GOAT 288sc
    Had Finlayson + ryan on bench so missed 127sc

Villain JOM has to go just floats too much, Brayshaw to T.Kelly, JOM to Cripps next week.

Armitage getting robbed IMO. Happy with Nank.

• Russty_ says:

You mean this week, next week Kelly will be 250K

• Claire says:

Hi Russty. How do you know that Kelly will rise to about $250K’s. Is there somewhere I can look up to obtain a player’s approximate price increase.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Claire, I've got Supercoach Gold, shows the breakevens and projected price rises if the player gets to the breakeven.
          Kelly's is 129k rise, you should check it out, it's only $20 for the whole season.
          You might also be able to find out from a site like Fanfooty, it's pretty good.

• Roy says:

You could also try tooserious stats

• Daniel says:

Probably closer to 210k (if he scores around his average).

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Agreed this week, before next game. Im not missing Kelly a 2nd time i was meant to Brayshaw out Kelly in but went to bed, and thought about next day was my first thought but then did other things and game started and that was that

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Can people stop whinging about points missed because you sat them on the pine. Ffs.

Whinge about injuries. Not something you were incompetent to do.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Whose whingeing cockeyes? I agree it was my mistake so i missed out on this many pts thru error/the way the cookie crumbled.

Cheers

7. Andy says:

Rayner to Murphy
    Rocky to Oliver/Cripps/Parker ?

• fcabel says:

Yes twice. I’m unsure who to bring in for rocky. Between those three I think. Trying to pick which one will score more is tricky

8. Westy says:

2405 this week. V happy with that.
    Fogarty was the lowest scorer with 44.

9. BrownlowBoy says:

Suggestions for trades this week?

Sitting on 30 trades with 107k in the bank.

Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, Naughton, Murphy
    Dangerfield, Mitchell, Kelly, Oliver, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Kelly, Holman, Banfield, Barry, Garlett
    Gawn, Nank, Olango
    Heeney, Billings, Walters, Smith, Taberner, Fritisch, Langdon, Ryan

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

looks like a good side bud, Sicily will hurt, that fwd line is strong if Taberner kicks a few like this week.

10. Will says:

What do we do with Hibberd????

• KSinny says:

I'm really tempted to trade but I know the sensible thing to do is hold.

• Finnius says:

2 70s isn't the end of the world – give him another week or two.

• Corey says:

I think I’ll hold too, Hibberd can’t go lower than this I believe

• Fitzy says:

I had a shortlist of players i had my eye on. marchbank, mcgrath & mills. all underperforming this week means hibberd survives. Ryan or shaw may be the only optiions i completely trust

• Post_MaSloane says:

He could, against Geelong he had 30 points at 3qt

• Tristan says:

Sideways to simpson for me.

11. Wally Brando says:

Anyone know Menegola’s TOG today? Didn’t watch the game but heard he spent long stretches on the pine. Is he carrying a niggle?

12. Steve says:

Have both m crouch and beams, do I trade both?

• Leeds17 says:

If you get yourself a uber premium (Dusty or Danger basically) & a must have rookie i'd be okay with it, but I'd be pretty tempted to back Beams to come good

13. Jim_bob321 says:

What to do with naughton?

• Corey says:

If you have enough money could go to Bonner

• Daniel says:

If he's on your bench, just hold tight as he'll rise as long as he scores in the 50-60 range. He'll just be a slow burner and someone you can trade closer to the bye rounds.

14. EAGLE POWER says:

Hibberd to Simpson
    Naughton to Bonner
    Or just hold hmmmmm Hibberd worries me.

15. John says:

Def:laird, hibberd, bonner, doedee, murray, Finlayson (naughton, mihocek)
    Mid: dangerfeild, martin, mitchell, j.kelly, fyfe, cripps, armitage, t.kelly(brayshaw,barry,holman)
    Ruc:kreuzer, gawn (cameron)
    Fwd:smith,petracca,sicily,rayner, d.fogarty, fritsch (garlett, rayn
    Scored 2129 29 trades left $122.8 in the bank
    What could i do?

• David C says:

I think Rayner needs to go. Armo is not doing much, maybe downgrade to a rook like Banfield and use the cash to upgrade Rayner to Taranto?

16. Yap says:

Any suggested trades? Considering moving on naughton, but not sure where to look.

Def: Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Doedee, Finlayson, Murphy
    Naughton, Murray

Mid: Danger, Titch, Oliver, Zerrett, Fyfe, Brayshaw, T Kelly, Holman,
    Banfield, Barry, Garlett

Ruck: Gawn, Nank, Olango

Fwd: Heeney, Billings, Walters, Tracca, Ryan, Fritsch
    Waterman, Giles Langdon

265k in the piggy.

• Russty_ says:

Don't think you need to anything really Yap..pretty good side.

• fcabel says:

holding a great option. Team is strong. If wanting to push you could go Naughton to Bonner. Could also swing Finlayson into brayshore and bring in Shaw.

• BVB21 says:

Very good team.

Naughton to o Connor and brayshaw to coniglio is an option but I wouldn’t waste two trades on that unless u think cogs is a keeper

• Tristan says:

Trade hibberd melboure arnt playing a very half back friendly game and arnt chipping the ball around back. He also isnt taking the kick ins which is worrying.

17. Wadey says:

McCartin ——> Todd Marshall
    Callum Mills — —> Heath Shaw
    Or do I hold?

• Richo says:

i would hold mills; he should play well enough to be your D6 but you should definitely look at downgrading mccartin to one of ryan, fritsch or giles-langdon or even garlett if he isn't dropped, if you don't have any of them. as a young kpf can't really see marshall scoring consistently week in week out and he's bound to have some sub 40s scores, and at 194k he won't make as much cash as those other rooks.

• Phil says:

I have traded Mills to Shaw. I just dont see him getting midfield minutes and tends to go missing or on tagging duties> Heater also has the runs on the board. GWS flying so I like his possible output.

18. Wadey says:

Hi I’m just wondering with what to do with McCartin at 234k with 15.2k in the bank before he burns me further… who are some good options around a similar price?

19. Carl says:

Getting rid of Redden in the midfield. Got $588,400 in the Kitty. Should I save a bit and grab someone who's looked good so far like boak or should I go out in an inform premium like Selwood?

• Russty_ says:

Can you post your midfield Carl so we can see who you already have?..including Rookies.

• Corey says:

Go to Selwood, he plays full time midfield and looks strong so far

• Carl says:

martin, mitchell, kelly, fyfe, coniglio, redden, kelly, holman, brayshaw, banfield and barry

• Russty_ says:

Ok, I was thinking Cripps, Whitfield or Parker as Nick said, or Selwood as Corey said..hope that helps, now slap yourself for picking Redden lol

• Daniel says:

Take a look at your bye structure and then pick one of the above-mentioned as there isn't a lot to separate them.

• nickgonzalez771 says:

Personally I would bring in Parker with the mids you've got. Slightly underpriced with his current output and looking the goods for this season. 546K.

20. Mike says:

GOOD OR BAD . Just traded merrit to oliver and hibbered to simpson

• Booma says:

Wouldn’t trade Merritt, his 17 from a concussion last week we will role out of his scores in a week. Hibberd is s tricky one, at the moment I would say trade cos it smells like heater from 2017. Maybe look at L.Ryan and pocket yourself $150k.

• Maverick_ says:

bad! you have just sideways traded two premiums out to chase points.
      merrett & hibberd will both top 8-10 for there positions i think neither are injured or have obvious role changes.
      I believe you have to hold but thats just my opinion mike.

• neil demons delight says:

WOULD hit the reverse button Both will come good even though oliver will be top 6 no doubt

• theoriginalforce says:

merritt was tagged for 95 points.

• BVB21 says:

Reverse those changes I think.

Sideways points chasing I think

• KSinny says:

Wouldn't do either.. HOLD!

21. Harley says:

Get rid of Ellis or hold???

22. skate or die says:

community, would you do a corrective trade on Pettraca or hold? could down grade him to a cash cow rookie and upgrade a rookie to either Simpson or coniglio.. Plus, i'm seriously considering Zac Fisher second year and looking like good season frd coverage. Players transition to the big stuff from the WAFL much easier than other minor leagues by the looks of it.

• Maverick_ says:

corrective trade…. haha his averaging 90 what more do you expect from him?? you surely selected him as a keeper and his averaging what everyone expected noone expects him to go 95+… don't go burning trades for no reason, hold him. he isn't stinking it up

• Skateordie says:

Oops.. for somehow I read his average being lower.. yeah 90 is what I was expecting. Cheers

• Derek says:

if your biggest problem is Petracca, you are doing ok.

• neil demons delight says:

wow you're kidding I was thinking the opposite

• MeJ says:

With out his 4 frees against it would have been a good week for him.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Track is my F5,he isn't going anywhere.

• Daniel says:

Yeah, that's silly. 90 average from a guy that cost $433k is just fine.

23. Finnius says:

Hunter Clarke is actually projected to LOSE money this week. I am going to go him to a 102k rookie to give me a loophole, which is also the perfect amount of cash to go Naughton to Bonner. I said that I would give myself two trades before rd 3 and that is what I am using. If Sicily gets rubbed for a week may need to re-evaluate though, especially if Kreuz/Toby Green don't get up either.

I got 2334 this week, which could have been 2450 if Kreuzer and Green played instead of English and Langdon. If all my premos can stay on the park then I am pretty happy with my side 🙂

• SC_Sixty6 says:

If your talking about the Sicily 50m penalty in regards to being rubbed out your off ya head mate.

• Maverick_ says:

he is talking about sicily driving his knee into selwoods head on the ground after the play, enjoy your week off james.

• Tibor says:

Only one week?.?

Did no damage to Selwood but it was a bad look, completely unnecessary and in keeping with his flog like behaviour all day. I've got the fool but he must go for this and his owners including me only have ourselves to blame for picking such a total flog to begin with.

Speaking of flogs is Toby playing next week.

Good call on the Petracca hold too. I'm keeping him and I've got Hogan too. Hoping for 200 pts combined from these two and could not care less how they split them up. Petracca played well and took his opponent out of the way when Hogan and Garlett had a good thing going. Petracca will get plenty of opportunities to be the points scorer and he is good enough to grab his chance.

• Hatchback says:

Tinnitus. Where do I find the players projected figures please.

24. Harley says:

Jarryd Lyons has impressed and with not much else in that Gold Coast midfield, is he worth it?

25. Jim says:

Naughton to bonner?

• Lazza says:

Consider Naughton to Lachlan Murphy if you don’t have him. Will deliver immediate $115k for one trade. $64k in the bank and Murphy’s price will go up $50k this week. ROI for Murphy is higher as well.
      Normally I’d stick to $150k per trade, but that will definitely come with Murphy many weeks before Naughton if you hold.
      On the positive side Naughton first week score disappears next week and he should jump up from his measly $6k increase this week.
      Bonners ROI will be far less than Murphy.. his score this week should be a warning .. fools gold..

• Locked and Loaded says:

Bonner played against Sydney at the SCG and was awarded a measley 8 points for his crucial goal in the 4th… bonner is a good choice for naughton, naughton ability to generate points does not look good and even if his low score leaves his rolling BE from here on then it’ll be back after this week. Cannot score! Go to bonner

26. The underdogs says:

Do i trade rayner to a lower priced rookie or hold him on the bench and sub ryan onto the field

27. musicissport says:

Hey guys thinking of the following corrective trades, right move or not?

OUT Hibberd IN Laird (yes I went without him to start and regretting it)
    OUT Dahl IN Ryan

Gives me $500K in the kitty and the following team:

DEF: Hurley, Laird, Sicily, Bonner, Doedee, Murray (Coffield, Murphy)
    MID: Danger, Titch, Neale, JPK, Cripps, Finlayson, Kelly, Holman (LDU, Garlett, Barry)
    RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Cameron)
    FWD: Heeney, Greene, Curnow, Stephenson, Fogarty, Ryan (Ballenden, Fritsch)

• David C says:

I'd normally advise on holding Hibberd (as I am doing) but if you have to have one defender this year then it's Laird. Those trades really set up your bank balance nicely to get someone like Martin further down the track.

• Jon says:

Do it. I'm assuming Luke Ryan (Freo) via DPP? I've had him from the start, thinking a great POD.

28. Maverick_ says:

I'm no supercoach expert but I do know after 2 rounds you dont go chasing points sideways trading your premiums off 1 or 2 bad games.
    I am seeing alot of this already and it makes me nervous for the coaches doing so. We have to keep our composure, me included! we only have 30 trades for the season.

• Leeds17 says:

In theory I agree BUT if there is any time to make rash/ambitious trades it's after R2.

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

Should always allow for 2 correctionals, rookie you missed, someone that isnt working.

Dont know why folks started with Hibberd, always a chance to be under $500k at some stage. The def line has the most fluctuations in and out of its top 6 than any other line each season. If you look back over the years you will see this tends to be true most seasons. One year they will be in top def/mid like Adams cos they played mid a lot and following year SC gives them a pos change to just mid. There was some statistics behind it but they said those $400 to $500k players are generally the movers into the top 6 def line.

29. Daniel says:

Which two trades are the most important to do this week?

Naughton to Bonner
    Merrett to Dusty or Danger
    Brayshaw (198k rookie) to Christensen
    Hibberd to Simpson

30. Paul says:

Weitering and Tom Bell were my 2 risky calls and they've both been epic fails. Going to trade them both out for Finlayson and Robbie Gray

• Sausca says:

Why Gray? He has played only one game. I didn’t see the game. What percentage of mid time did he get? I like him and have had him in my SC teams before when he was a M/F. A pity he is listed as a Fwd only.
      Scoring 111points demonstrates that he has recovered from his testicular cancer. Phew!

• TheGreatBozza says:

He played a lot more mid time I believe. Could be they are resting Rocky FWD while he gets up to speed. I think I’m the long run we will see Gray spend more time up FWD because he’s so dangerous, but still a good pick IMO (except for the bye)

• David C says:

Get Gray after his bye if you really want him.

• Paul says:

I reckon people make too much of the bye time. Not many forwards are likely to average 100. He's one of them

31. Raver_dave says:

Just traded Crouch to Cripps and pocketed some cash. Didn't want to but with his hammy injury felt like I had to. Will wait and see after his had scans to see how long he will be out for. Can always reverse trade if need be.
    If its only a couple weeks should I pull the trigger on the trade or just throw Brayshaw on the field and cop a couple of 60's?

32. Julz says:

Decent fwd or def rookie other than the usuals? (have finlayson, doedee, murphy, murray, fritsch, stephenson, ryan, garlett). Need to give naughton and rayner the arse $55k in bank

33. Ben says:

Thinking about a couple corrective trades, or could just hold off. Very tempted to bring Coniglio in before he goes up in price.
    1. JOM to Coniglio, Hibberd to L Ryan
    2. JOM to Coniglio, Kreuzer to Nic Nait or Nank
    3. Brayshaw to Coniglio, Hibberd to Bonner

34. WinnerRGrinners says:

Right every one, The ZORKO has to go,
    ok So I made a mistake
    Who should I get???

OLIVER
    SELWOOD
    MACREA

or do you have any other idea??

Any Thought??

• nickgonzalez771 says:

Oliver. Lock it in, don't look back.

• Sam says:

Oliver has a relatively low ownage percentage so would be a very solid POD, Selwood always a good choice but even after today have to wonder if there will always be enough of the leather to go around between the three of them. Cognilio would be a great option if you’re looking to save some cash, and is probably priced indeed for his potential.

• Shane says:

Keep him ! Will come good ! Def still try to get Oliver in asap tho

• redherringfc says:

Before the 1st round I had my top 8 midfielders picked for the year and Zorko just made it there. I picked 5 to start and I’m not bringing any other premiums into my midfield besides Dusty, Oliver and Mitchell.

Messing about with sideways trades and guys who just aren’t good enough (although Oliver is good enough and the other 2 may make it) is how you burn trades and ultimately lose finals.

I’d suggest holding him. He should be at the pointy end comes years end.

35. Sam says:

Thinking of downgrading Sicily to Geary after to make enough cash to turn Naughton into Bonner, thoughts?

36. Bottom says:

Is it worth trying to get coniglio in this week?

• Derek says:

do you have any room

• fcabel says:

Bring him in. May be able to keep him.

• redherringfc says:

Is he going to be top 8 mid come years end?

If you think so then definitely worth trying.

If he’s not quite there, then it’s 2 wasted trades or a team that just doesn’t cut it come finals.

37. juddy says:

Lambert down to ryan?

FWDS: Heeney, Lambert, McLean, Smith, Sicily, Lobb (ZGL & Fritsch)

would leave me with 439k to play with. i have to get dusty eventually.

• harrison says:

look quiet heavy in the forwards got 1/5/2.
      bit of a longshot could you go maybe lambert into the mids with DPP and up to dusty if u want him.
      drop lobb to a rookie maybe ryan that'll genrerate the cash for the trade to dusty from lambert… thumb me up if you all agree?

• juddy says:

I can go lambert to Liam Ryan or M.O'connor via DPP swing.. I want to make some cash for dusty
        who is better of the two? after today will o'connor hold his spot in the 22?

38. Tibor says:

What does Danger need to score over the next few weeks just to maintain price?

• Daniel says:

Just over 150 but keep in mind that part of the reason that is higher is because of the rookie price increases. In other words, all premiums lose cash at the beginning of the season, even if they maintain their average from the previous year.

If he keeps scoring 130, he'll be at 700k by around round 6.

• Lazza says:

According to SC his R3 break even is 181.

39. Warblegarble says:

29 trades, $381,900 in the bank. Feeling pretty good about my side currently, the only question I've got is do I trade Naughton or be patient and just leave him on the bench?

DEF – Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson (Naughton, Murphy)
    MID – Dangerfield, Martin, Fyfe, Macrae, Cripps, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Banfield, Barry, Holman)
    RUC – Gawn, Naitanui (Olango)
    FWD – Heeney, Billings, McLean, Petracca, Giles-Langdon, Fritsch (Keeffe, Garlett)

40. Fisherdan says:

Should I corrective trade Venables to L Ryan for greater cash generation or is this just burning a trade?
    I have all other top performing rookies.

41. CalebCripps922 says:

My Current Side: Scored 2339 This week Ranked 25k, 29 Trades left.
    DEF:Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson- Naugton, Murphy
    MID: Danger, Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Brayshaw, LDU, Kelly-Banfeild, Barry, Holman
    RUC: Martin, Gawn- Olango
    FWD: Heeney, Billings, McLean, Smith, Christensen, Fritsch- Ryan, Garlett

Was thinking LDU down to L.Fogarty and Naughton up to Bonner not really sure Bonner is worth 2 trades to get in though. Any help appreciated community!

• NoLanguage says:

I would be holding LDU mate. Only going to get better and his JS is concrete, save your trades.

• David C says:

Nah, save your trades. Your side is pretty solid, just sit back for awhile and only trade injuries.

42. BockChoy says:

Did anyone see the Swans game – curious as to what is going on with Mills? He's currently my D4 and thought him solid enough to be D5 or D6 as the season progressed… was this 40 an aberration?

• Ghost says:

Played bad, fumbled the ball whenever he was near it, even hand balled straight to opponents at times.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Lloyd and rampe took points off him
      Didnt play 1 second in the midfield
      Made a couple of uncharacteristic erorrs
      Was ok but did mnske a few blues but pure defender who will share duties with the other swannies.
      My take.

• Derek says:

round 1 he did ok because he was the loose man in defence, that role seemed to be Rampe and McVeigh.

He won’t be playing any midfield.

I love the guy, and at $400k he won’t loose much value, but he isn’t a keeper, I hoped he might be. I’ll be moving him out this week.

• Neverweaken says:

Had him all holiday till a few minutes before round one and dumped him.
      If I had him I would still dump him. Cheap but not cheap enough to make good money. And not going to be top 6 def

43. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Did anyone watch the GWS game?
    Seriously considering Tarranto this week.
    Scored well first 2 weeks
    Has he taken it up a notch or two?
    With scully to miss weeks thinking may provide more mid time?
    Kid can play.
    Oh and whitfield has moved out of the midfield giving a spot to timmy.
    Feedback on his game?

• Ja191 says:

Yeah looked to get a lot of mid time and used it very well. Mistaked him for kelly half the time with his bright red boots. Also looking at bringing him in

• David C says:

I was worried about Scully and Hopper coming back in but now Scully is out I've traded Taranto in this week.

44. JamiesNinjas13 says:

An old solid rule of supercoach: Back your premiums! Once you have started/traded in a premium, their value becomes irrelevant and you should look to back them in the whole year. Obviously if they have a long term injury or an obvious change in form (based on a good evidence of 6+ games), then you may trade them out.

45. TheGreatBozza says:

Pretty happy sitting 5,000 after a slow start. I’m leaning to a hold this week but would love some trade idea nevertheless

Bank: 175k Trades: 29

DEF: Laird, Savage, Sicily, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Murphy, Naughton)
    MID: Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Pendles, Cripps, Coniglio, Kelly, Brayshaw (Banfield, Holman, Garlett)
    R: Kreuzer, Gawn (Hayes)
    F: Billings, Walters, McLean, Smith, Fritsch, Ryan (English, Langdon)

Going to be using English/Hayes as a FWD rookie loophole so I’m not too fussed with two on field FWD rookies. Missed on Bundy by bringing in Cox R1 and burning a trade down to English in R2 (stupid start by myself bringing in Cox instead of going English at R3, but I took a punt on the big American that backfired!)

Only trade I’m considering is Naughton to Bonner but I’m leaning towards holding Naughton

46. Putty says:

McGovern, WCE’s looked to have hurt himself in the latter part of the fourth quarter. His arm was dangling. I noted that he hasn’t been listed as injured as yet. Does anyone have an up date please.

47. nickgonzalez771 says:

Lambert – Dusty
    Naughton – Murphy

Thoughts?

• TheGreatBozza says:

Good trades. As much as I’d say hold Naughton as he should improve; the upside of Lambert to dusty is too good to miss

• nickgonzalez771 says:

That's my thoughts. The increases in price coming through the incoming trades at least are equal to what is outgoing. Murphy looks like he might be around enough to make some cash plus it frees up what I need to get Dusty in ASAP. No Danger in my MIDs yet, but glad to have Dusty, Titch, Parker and Zerrett. I think I've got all the higher-performing rookies now so hopefully the cashflow will be steady even with offloading Naughton, this season's mindset is to stick with what I've chosen but like you said in this particular case there's a lot of upside. Thanks for the feedback Bozza.

• neil demons delight says:

agree Nick mainly cause I did the same no brainer really good luck

• BVB21 says:

Good trades

• Lazza says:

Naughton to Murphy is a smart move

48. Gorgon says:

Brodie > T.Kelly
    Crouch > Oliver

Thoughts?

49. JohnDJ59 says:

Just did my trades,went Mills to Simpson,was thinking of Bonner,but decided to upgrade instead,and due to Crouch being injured,traded in Clarry who I originally had before the season started,but was worried about the knock to his knee.

50. KSinny says:

I have 30 Trades left and 32.7k in the Bank.. Should i do any trades this week?

DEF: Laird, Hibbo, Sicily, Finlayson, Doedee, Murphy (Naughton, Murray)

MID: Dusty, Titch, Kelly, Zerrett, Fyfe, Cripps, T.Kelly, Holeman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Garlett)

RUC: Gawn, Nank (Olango)

FWD: Heeney, Billings, Smith, Tracca, Langdon, Fritsch, (Keefe, Venables)

Would love some feedback and advice. Cheers community!

• BVB21 says:

Biggest problem you have is 2 playing rooks in forward line.

I would get Liam Ryan as well

• Sc_Wow says:

That’s not too much of an issue atm. If he had 5 mids playing and 3 rookie mids he would be copping 60’s from Brayshaw. The forward rookies are giving us 60’s also and he now has a extra premo mid who would outscore anyone he brought in for the forward line

• BVB21 says:

Yeah true his midfield is solid.

Just saying that my priority would be to move on Naughton and brayshaw when they peak and upgrade a forward rookie

51. Defying_Madness says:

Would love some trade suggestions or possibly none if I don't need to. I have $140k in the bank and 29 trades.

D:Laird, Ryan, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, Murphy (Naughton, Keefe)

M:Martin, Mitchell, Kelly, Oliver, Zerret, Fyfe, Kelly, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry)

R: Gawn, Nic Nat (Olango)

F: Heeney, Billings, Smith, Sicily, Lobb, Fritsch (Venables, Langdon)

Cheers Community

52. NoLanguage says:

Would love to hear your thoughts on trades or no trades this week guys!

B – Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (Naughton, O'Connor)
    M – Dusty, Mitchell, Fyfe, Parker, Cripps, Coniglio, Kelly, Holman (LDU, Banfield, Barry)
    R – Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Walters, Smith, Sicily, Christensen, Fritsch (Venables, Langdon)

Scored 2359 – 30 trades with $20k in the bank. Questions I'm pondering are:

1) Naughton to Murphy and bank $60k?
    2) Venables to Ryan?
    3) Back in who I've got and save trades?

Any feedback or suggestions hugely appreciated.

53. FranklinShow says:

Started with armitage and cyril (i know mid price madness) but took a punt. Both have failed. I dont have Liam Ryan or Bonner. So was thinking following:

Rioli to L Ryan.
    Armo to Bonner via Finlayson.

Thoughts??

54. Danny says:

What is a more crucial trade – getting bonner in or trading hibberd?

• BVB21 says:

I wouldn’t do either trade.

Bonner not a keeper and has had one good game. Rest of the time he averages 75.

Hibberd is a keeper and will come good

55. BVB21 says:

Over 1000 coaches have fallen for the trap that is Zac Fisher. Matera of 2018

56. Vinnie says:

Dropping Menegola and Dahlhaus immediately,

• BVB21 says:

Agree with those trades. Surprised u picked Dahlhaus. Seems to be on the way down

57. Noah says:

Is Hibberd for Simpson a bad or good trade?

58. Mike says:

Hibberd to bonner
    Z.langdon to T.mclean

59. wayno1313 says:

What do we do with Brayshaw? Hold him or trade to Waterman or Fisher via DPP?

60. Stringer says:

Do I trade out Menegola now and who for?

F – menegola, heeney, smith, Petracca, Frisch, Ryan (g-Langdon, Garlett)

7k in bank

• Stirlsy says:

Yes id do that, to Greene or Buddy as they will or should finish top 6 to 8 fwds, Buddy will be a rollercoaster ride as his up and down but its the end avg yr after when taking a keeper, and with Green you get the chance he will miss a week or 2 when he whacks someone for the fun of it.

• BVB21 says:

My suggestions are Maclean, Curnow, Greene, Franklin

If you have Sicily you can swing him and pick Simpson etc

61. Ando says:

Naughton to Bonner & Fogarty to Ryan? Or just do the latter?

62. Tyruddanaut says:

I have a few options this week for trades.

The first trade I am going to do is a direct trade from Naughton to Bonner. Naughton has his BE above his average already and Bonner averages 97. No brainer!

The second ‘trade’ I can’t decide on but these are my options
    1. Zorko to Dusty. Zorko still isn’t scoring enough and it doesn’t help that he plays for Brisbane. We could see that worse teams get less supercoach points through Gold Coast last year. $23,700 spare
    2. Hibberd to Hurn. 3 new members of the defense; Vince, Lewis and Lever. Complete role change. $128,800 spare
    3. Olango to English. Backup for Nic Nat or the alternative is Nic Nat to English but I don’t like that that much. $38,500 spare
    4. Brayshaw to Fisher. Brayshaw just isn’t scoring enough. I got him in my team to score 70s or 80s and he’s barely got 60. $5,500 spare
    5. No trade. Leave it and hope and pray

• neil demons delight says:

Getting Dusty should be a priority but not at the expense of a premium I traded Lambert and cory ellis for dusty— the better method two midpricers underperforming for the 3rd best player before you guys ask DANGER OLIVER and DUSTY then maybe gawns there and Petracca and Hogan and

• Tyruddanaut says:

My worst midpricers are Lobb (97 in R1) and Savage (94 avg) so I guess no Dusty

63. Andrew says:

Thinking about going beams to ryan via dpp. It would leave me with 3 on field rooks in the middle Kelly/Brayshaw/Holman but with 600k in the bank and the ability to turn brayshaw into anyone.

Should I make the trade instantly? Am i crazy to leave 600k in the bank while I wait for a price rise or 2 from my cows and some premos to fall???

Any help/ideas would be much appreciated!!

• Roy says:

Depends on how long you are willing to wait for Beams to get up to speed. He basically had no preseason as he looked after his father. His price is going to fall and he may be a good pick up later.
      Money in the bank isn't earning points onfield. Surely you could do a straight swap with another premo!

• Neverweaken says:

I always leave some money in the bank. 540k at the moment. Gives me the flexibility to trade in round 3 and 4 for price rises missed players etc. Do you have Finlayson?
      Either trade to a cash cow or swap to a premo who isnt dropping in price.

64. Stirlsy says:

I'v got JOM sitting at M6 didn't have the coin to get Cogs, so went with JOM but although he has started games ok he seems to go missing or just floats around the place without getting involved.
    Thinking of downgrading to Banfield a 123k rookie who will make more cash and looks like ill only lose 20 odd pts a game by doing it, Banfield has a tagging role but is picking up his 60 while doing the job, and banking the 200 odd k for first major upgrade in a few weeks.
    Thoughts…..

65. BadgerHoney7 says:

Hold Jaeger?

• TIGESB2B says:

I'm holding. Is still only a few real matches back from injury. Has had best preseason for awhile (I read somewhere) so should get going soon

• BadgerHoney7 says:

Agreed, he shows glimpses as well of how could he can be and I think supercoach scores don't really show how well he plays.

• Tibor says:

Inclined to give him some time to feel confident and get a bit of continuity. Considering what you paid for him is it reasonable to expect big tons instantly. I reckon he is a pick and stick then reassess about round six

• Stirlsy says:

I'm leaning towards flicking him now, started well against pies then drifted along and never really got into it yesterday.
      I took him as a stepping stone thinking he would get 85s to 95s with maybe a bigger score somewhere along the line, but his disposal isn't quite there and he might turn it around quick but I dont see him getting to the 450k mark before a rookie can get to 300k so its about the money, and im trading him for a rookie.

• Real talk says:

How’s that Sicily lock for top 6 defender looking?

66. Doc_1 says:

Lads,
    Thinking of pulling 2 trades (losing my nerve/pre season commitment to holding trades!)

Option 1: Hibberd -> Simpson D3
    O’Meara -> Taranto F5 (via DPP)

Option 2: Hibberd -> L.Murphy (leaves D3-8: Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, L.Murphy, Naughton, O’Connor).
    O’Meara -> Taranto F5

Option 3: Hibberd -> L.Murphy as above
    O’Meara -> Coniglio (431K left). Or Dusty (227K left)

Or just sit tight?

67. Doc_1 says:

Option 3 Coniglio would be M6

68. ThatsGoldJerry says:

I have 77k in the bank. M.Crouch to Oliver and Lambert to Heeney or Crouch to Dusty and Lambert to Taranto ? Which option guys….thanks in advance 🙂

69. neil demons delight says:

dusty and Taranto just

70. James says:

Like the look of Taranto
    My fwd line is under done
    Heeney, Smith, Tracca, Stephenson, Fritsch, Ryan (Langdon, Garlett)
    Is it worth going Stephenson to Taranto?

71. TIGESB2B says:

Burton out, Finlayson in; Dow out, Holman in. $$$!!!

72. BadgerHoney7 says:

Whats everyone planning to do with Sicily (if Hawks don't challenge)?

• Finnius says:

Is he a confirmed out? How many weeks?

• Paul says:

I think if you got him then you expect him to be a top 10 forward or defender. You don't trade them out for a one week spell. Use bench cover

• BadgerHoney7 says:

was never going to trade but have murphy and naughton on bench and not confident on either of them going big, not sure i should go for bonner either.

• Tibor says:

The other side of that coin Paul is he has been a real flog. We witnessed his flog behaviour last year and I for one expected that over the pre season a club like Hawthorn with a solid history of flog management would be able to get him in line.

No such luck. The incident that he gets rubbed out for was hardly a one off on Monday. He was a complete tool all day and takes his flog rating beyond Toby and even Goddard at his best.

I took the risk so nobody else to blame but surely the smart thing to do now is take my medicine chip it back on the fairway and bring in someone who is not a tool.

• Russty_ says:

Agree Tibor, I had the flog too and now he's gone off to flogtown for a nonflog, Charlie Curnow, don't wanna hold, don't wanna trust him anymore, don't need the dumb fk smacking someone in the mouth when my Final's are on the line, good riddance.

• Real talk says:

Hahahahahahaha here it is!!! Top 6 defender one week guaranteed. Look at us now hahahahahahahahaha

• BadgerHoney7 says:

lol, still think he'll be top 6, just wondering what everyone is doing with bench etc.

• Ricardo says:

You have to back your pre-season judgement to start with him. Besides, being a DPP he's handy to have (obviously assuming you have another DPP).

• Stirlsy says:

To da Bench for him.

73. Matt says:

I have 30 trades and 22.4k in the bank, is there any trades I should make? I’m thinking getting rid of Menegola and Rayner.
    Laird, Hibberd, Savage, finlayson, Doedee, Murray,(Naughton, Murphy)

Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Fyfe, Parker, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Kelly (Dow, Holman, Banfield)

Gawn, Naitanui ( Cameron)

Menegola, Heeney, Devon Smith, Rayner, Stephenson, Fogarty (Garlett, Fritsch)

Help would be greatly appreciated!

• BlueBaggerJosh says:

I'd free up some cash, Menegola down to someone and Rayner up to Taranto.

74. Palatsic says:

I have Zorko who is about to bleed over $50k, so is it wise to jump on Dusty or Danger if I have the cash?

• Tibor says:

You need to have both of those two eventually. If you can get it done now then why not? As you say you are only throwing 50k in the crapper if you don't.

• Dogs says:

Didn’t he just ton up on the weekend?

• David C says:

And in 5 weeks he'll probably be back to his starting price. Don't trade Zorko.

• pasta stRayner says:

He's pricing is irrelevant as picking him, you're picking him as a top 10 midfielder with the idea of holding him the entire season barring long term injury or change of role.
      He has one stinker, and then destroyed the game on the weekend? Biggest sideways trade shipping him off now.. HOLD

75. Tibor says:

Who to bring in for Sicily. Already have all the rookies in the backline who have made a good start with the exception of Bonner. I do have Naughton and about 40 k cash. Options appear to be downgrade flog boy to Touhy, Geary or even Seedsman and add to my cash level . With the extra cash I can then go from Naughton to Bonner or just keep the cash for now and hold the trade.

Have made a pretty good start averaging 2388 and ranked 846 but took the gamble on Sicily overcoming his flog tendency so am prepared to take my medicine on that one.

The other reason to hold some cash is I chose to wait on Danger, still happy with that call but obviously need him eventually so am hoping for a little price relief then grab him hopefully at or just under 700 k. About round 4 maybe.

• Ricardo says:

No bench cover for Sicily? I wouldn't trade because of one week suspension. He got 125 just last week.

• Tibor says:

Can't trust anymore 1 week now but what's next. Wasn't even an isolated incident he was a complete goose all day

• pasta stRayner says:

Hold. DPP is handy come end of the season.

76. Hayden says:

Thinking about trading about Lambert and J Kelly to Greene and Coniglio.

Lambert has been terrible and I don't want to waste a trade going sideways, would rather upgrade to Greene.
    J Kelly to Coniglio to facilitate money to ditch Lambert and also Coniglio will make money from $450k.

Thoughts?

• David C says:

You say you don't want to sideways trade Lambert, then you propose to sideways trade Kelly???

• pasta stRayner says:

Lambert has to go but Kelly is averaging 108? Find cash generation elsewhere.

77. Blueth says:

Can a dees fan give me some solid intel on what's going on with Hibbo please?
    Has he had a change of role because of Lever?
    Is he ever going to be the stat pig +1 we've all learned to love?
    Help.

• David C says:

I think Jordan Lewis's move into the back line has taken some of his role. A few Dees fans were calling on Lewis to be dropped which would be good for Hibberd owners.

• Blueth says:

interesting David.
        This isn't doing anything for my intense dislike of Jordan Lewis

78. Kyle says:

To all the people rushing to bring in danger or dusty at the expense of a premo who will have to be brought back in later anyway (excluding crouch whos missing a month of footy). Why? Surely when you made the choice to not start them you realised you would need to wait a few rounds till rookies plumped up and maybe an armitage had boosted a bit in price or started with money in the bank to make the danger trade.

Iv seen people saying zerrett is gonna lose cash or zorko is gonna lose 50k this week…a premos price is irrelevant once they are in your team. They will be top 10 mids and shouldnt be traded so a price drop is totally irrelevant in their case.

Wait for rookies to cash in – looks like it could be fast with so many dropping tons on us anyway. People fprget the value of trades comes finals…

• Blueth says:

especially true this year considering so much money is going to be made on rookies.
      Hold on Hibberd

• pasta stRayner says:

THANK YOU! Great post. Dusty and Danger can wait til they're around the $580k-$600k mark for me!

79. Jack says:

With Giles-Langdon out, should I go:
    Giles-langdon -> Waterman, Garlett or English

and i own Naughton, should i consider downgrading to Murphy

• Jack says:

I didn't watch the game but why did English score so well week 1 and then so poorly week 2, was this a role change and will it be a regular occurrence?

• David C says:

Not sure he holds his spot. Lycett towelled him up in the first half. Improved in the second half. I can see him only lasting a couple more games if he does stay in.

80. inNout says:

Zac langdon cracked his hand. Does anyone know how long he will be out for and his chances of getting straight back in if he is fit ? Hold or trade to L. Ryan ?

81. THE SALTSHAKER says:

DEF: Laird, Lloyd, Savage, Bonner, Finlayson, Doodee (Murray, Naughton)

MID: Dusty, Titch, GAJ, Fyfe, Coniglio, Jom, Armo, Holman (Brayshaw, Banfield, Barry)

RUCK: Gawn, Nank (Olango)

FWD: Billings, Walters, Smith, Petracca, Ryan, Fritsch (Garlett, Giles-Langdon)

$110k

Thoughts folks, i need to get Tim Kelly but for who? Jom or Armo? Jom seems a bit too floaty for me but Saints have a harder run.

Either will give me $200k and can play Kelly + Holman in m7 m8 scoring spots.

Now….my question is this. $300k warchest, do i Armo to Cripps or Oliver? or do i keep Armo + 20k, had 51d in 2 games and use it towards getting Danger as soon as possible? Cripps has good run coming up over next mth and Kreuz back should help.

But then i dont know when ill be in Dangertown anytime thereafter …FEEDBACK WELCOME

82. Neverweaken says:

Have Caddy and Sicily. Both Flogs. Keeping Sicily but thinking corrective trade on Caddy. Was thinking that before the suspension. Thanks to Dpp on both can swap stuff around and get anyone. May also trade out Naughton.
    Do I just go Naughton to Murphy for cash generation.
    Will Coniglio be a top 8 -10 Mid
    Is it worth going Caddy to Taranto? Or Acres?

83. JugHead says:

Lots will disagree, but I dont like starting the season with a non playing (no cash generation) rookie for loopholing. The SC gods normally provide me with a non playing loopholer fairly quickly into the season. Usually one of my premo mids dammit. Perfect job for Danger in rd1. Now….

One of the better teams for supplying a loopholer is WCE with a fair few late games. I already have Ryan. Kennedy is due back in a couple of weeks. Any sense in getting Waterman or Venables as well (to replace Rayner who has to go), hopefully making a little bit of cash with them, then using them for loopholing when they get dropped to make way for Kennedy? The way I see it, one of these 3 WCE fwd rookies will make way for Kennedy, and if they don't, hopefully they are a slow burning moneymaker. With all that in mind….. is Rayner to Waterman a worthwhile trade? Or am I overthinking this ? ?

• Horoo says:

Giles-Langdon is out for 4 weeks so he will allow you to loophole while he is injured. If you don't have him, get him in for Rayner.

84. Bonza says:

Hold Lloyd or sideways for Simpson/Luke Ryan?

85. Jon says:

Team is generally good, no rookies missed or flogs besides Naughton (but will still hopefully make $100k)…

a) Do I go sideways Josh Kelly to Dusty Martin as I think I've made a horrible, horrible mistake leaving him out?
    b) Hold Matt Kruezer with Tim English cover (stick to set and forget plan and try ad get another downgrade option later in season), or go down to Toby Nankervis?

86. SirSamuel016 says:

Got a 2308 from my team this week. With all 30 trades left and 27K in the Bank, the team currently looks like this:
    DEF: Hurley, Laird, Howe, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson (Naughton, Murphy)
    MID: Dangerfield, Mitchell, Zorko, Fyfe, Whitfield, TKelly, Brayshaw, Holman (Banfield, Dow, Barry)
    RUCK: Gawn, Sandilands (Olango)
    FWD: Billings, Walters, Smith, Petracca, Sicily, Ryan (Fritsch, Garlett).

Considering one or two of the following for trades this week:
    1. Trade Dow out, and swing Garlett out to then bring in a Fwd Rookie.
    2. Trade Naughton out for another Rookie that will make more money.
    3. Trade Sandilands out for Nicnat as a correction trade (although I also feel like I should hold onto Sandi for now until he gets injured).
    4. Trade Sicily to Curnow
    5. Trade Sicily and Dow for a FWD Rookie and Coniglio.

I could combine any of 1 to 4 or go to 5 but I'm also very content with holding pretty much everyone at the moment except Sicily and probably Naughton.

87. Carlton888 says:

Mills to Simpson
    Menegola to Toranto
    Thoughts?

88. Big G says:

Will Cam rayner post a half decent score by round 10?

89. Tyruddanaut says:

I am really considering Cam Ellis-Yolmen

• Averaged 87, including a 97 last week against Richmond
    • Has an easy line-up before R7 when I am to trade him for Lance Franklin. This line-up consists of St. Kilda, Collingwood, Sydney, Suns, Carlton
    • Matt and Brad Crouch's injury means more midfield time for him