What a week to unveil the AFL season! Community, Post MaSloane and Damo here with our weekly joint post which is the complete Supercoach survival guide. First up, I’ll give us a look at the captaincy options for the week before Damo rips into the long-awaited RETURN OF THE CHEAT SHEET.

There were some monster scores for those who started with Franklin and Mitchell, (seriously, 54 disposals? That’s taking the piss we reckon) but many were not so fortunate. Injuries to key players and underwhelming rookie scores caused stains in many trouser legs, and many coaches will be forced to use corrective trades to clear out the bloodied and wounded so early in the season.

Libba, Kreuzer, Merrett and Ryder are all popular selections that went down during their games, and Libba’s in particular looks pretty ordinary. Damo and I would like to stress though that underperforming premos, such as Fyfe, Zorko and Sloane should not be sideways traded so early on and trades should be reserved only for those who will miss weeks. Supercoach 101, people!

On the back of some average rookie selections my score plummeted below 2000 this week (yes, 2000) for the first time in years, and I found myself sinking more and more cans of average craft beer as the round went on and wondering what in Jock’s name could I have possibly done to anger the Supercoach gods to the extent that I did. Maybe it was my punishment for picking Scott Lycett.

Damo copped less of a beating, with a respectable score of 2199, despite having Liberatore break down like an old Holden in his midfield. Therefore, for the sake of the community, as well as for the sake of my sanity, I’m going to leave the cheat sheet up to him. He knows what he’s doing. You can breathe a sigh of relief, community.

Captain Choices with Post MaSloane

Top 10 Supercoach Scores:

1. Lance Franklin – 175 (10 points)
  2. Tom Mitchell – 167 (9 points)
  3. Kade Simpson – 150 (8 points)
  4. Luke Parker – 149 (7 points)
  5. Blake Acres – 144 (6 points)
  6. Dyson Heppell – 142 (5 points)
  7. Justin Westhoff – 140 (4 points)
  8. Dustin Martin – 139 (3 points)
  9. Max Gawn – 139 (3 points)
  10. Rory Laird – 137 (1 point)

Leaderboard

1. Lance Franklin – 10
  2. Tom Mitchell – 9
  3. Kade Simpson – 8
  4. Luke Parker – 7
  5. Blake Acres – 6
  6. Dyson Heppell – 5
  7. Justin Westhoff – 4
  8. Dustin Martin – 3
  9. Max Gawn – 3
  10. Rory Laird – 1

Lance Franklin leads the charge for the relevancy leaderboard after his 8 goal haul at Optus Stadium. Tom Mitchell will likely be featured here quite regularly, as should Luke Parker, Dustin Martin and Max Gawn. This is only round 1 though, so many of these scores may just be a flash in the pan. I’m looking at you, Blake Acres!

As for my captain options for round 1, the biggest flops among those I recommended were Fyfe (75 points), Beams (69 points), Bontempelli (63 points), and Merrett (17 points). Sorry about that. The rest of my predictions were fairly sound though, with my recommendations including Mitchell, Buddy, Dusty and Stef Martin, Gawn and Parker, and my steer-clears including Zorko, Kreuzer, Hibberd, Heeney, Hurley and Ryder. So while you should never, EVER, trust me with rookie selections, I somewhat make up for it with my captain picks. Oh shoot, I shouldn’t have said that. Murphy’s law is going to come and bite me in the arse now, isn’t it?

Adelaide vs Richmond

Thursday 29 March 7:50PM – Adelaide Oval

Last time they met: Grand Final 2017, Richmond 16.12.108 def. Adelaide 8.12.60

Top 5 Scores: D. Martin 150, M. Crouch 125, S. Jacobs 122, B. Houli 118, D. Prestia 114

Dustin Martin scored 150 points in the grand final last year and is coming off 139 from last week, so it would be very tempting to VC him this week. But his stats show that his 2 scores against Adelaide prior to the grand final were 93 and 81, so the consistency isn’t there against the crows.

The grand final was also a big week for Dusty, winning the Brownlow, so he was always going to show some heart in that game*. Adelaide would have reviewed their loss over the off-season and won’t give Dusty as much leeway this week either. I wouldn’t give him Vice Captains duties this week, but then again it’s Dusty. You never know.

Another potential VC pick is Matt Crouch, he scored 111 and 125 in his two encounters against the tigers, and has been super consistent since the bye rounds last year. My guess is he tops 100, but won’t score the 130+ we would want to keep his score. If I was going to VC anyone this game, it would be Sam Jacobs if you have him. 4-game average of 122.3 against the tigers, and recorded 99 hitouts in 2 matches against them last year. With a home ground advantage for Jacobs, lock him in if you’ve got him.

*By the way Houli not winning the Norm Smith is a bigger outrage in my opinion than the Australian Cricket cheating scandal. Did they not see Houli’s game?

North Melbourne vs St Kilda

Friday 30 March 4:20PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: St Kilda 18.19.127 def. North Melbourne 12.6.78

Top 5 Scores: J. Steven 153, B. Cunnington 136, L. Dunstan 119, S. Ross 114, B. Higgins 112

Todd Goldstein will destroy Longer in the ruck this week, so he’s a possibility if you have him to go 130+. What we saw last week though was Goldy going bananas in the first half, and then slowing down in the second when Ben Brown took a lot of the ruck work, which could be warning signs for Goldy.

Jack Steven is the other one I’d say, had 40 disposals, 15 contested possessions and 5 tackles for 153 points against North Melbourne in round 22 last year. North’s midfield is among the worst in the competition, and coming off 135 last week, Steven is every chance to rip the Roos to shreds this week.

Carlton vs Gold Coast

Saturday 31 March 1:45PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: Carlton 12.11.83 def. Gold Coast 11.7.73

Top 5 Scores: B. Gibbs 208, S. Docherty 153, M. Kreuzer 144, K. Simpson 142, J. Lyons 117

Patty Cripps lived up to the hype last week. In typical Patty Cripps fashion, 25 of his 36 disposals were contested, and he had a game high 9 clearances for 130 Supercoach points. Gold Coast have Lyons and Swallow leading the midfield, and with the absence of Aaron Hall, Cripps should be the contested beast we have come to love again this weekend. He scored 114 last time he played Gold Coast, and 77 earlier last season, but he wasn’t as fit as he is this year.

Cripps is the standout VC option from this game. I wouldn’t pick Kade Simpson, despite his 150 on the weekend, because if you have a look at his stats from last year, of the three times he went 115+, he responded with scores of 86, 82 and 91 the following week. Thanks but no thanks.

Collingwood vs Greater Western Sydney

Saturday 31 March 4:35PM – MCG

Last time they met: Greater Western Sydney 15.12.102 def. Collingwood 15.9.99

Top 5 Scores: J Kelly 147, J Cameron 119, T Adams 113, B Grundy 107, S Johnson 105

Josh Kelly is the man from this game I’d put my chips on. Averaged 114.3 last year and scored 147 last time he played the pies, so he’s the only one I’d really consider for this game. Lobb looks good enough that Brodie Grundy won’t jump all over the top of him, so that rules Grundy out, and Stephen Coniglio has scored consistently in the 70s in his last three matches against Collingwood. If you’re gonna loophole a captain this game, pick Kelly.

Brisbane vs Melbourne

Saturday 31 March 7:25PM – Gabba

Last time they met: Melbourne 16.8.104 def. Brisbane 14.7.91

Top 5 Scores: D Beams 148, N Jones 133, M Hibberd 126, J Melksham 122, C Pederson 116

Melbourne missed out last week with a sprayed kick in the dying seconds by Max Gawn. Expect him to be hungry for redemption this week, but I don’t think he’s a great captain option this week. Stef Martin is in terrific form, and Gawn has a 3 round average of 82 against the lions, so there are better options.

Dayne Zorko would be my pick for this match over Gawn or Clayton Oliver. Zorko has a 3 round average of 126.7 against Melbourne, whereas Oliver hasn’t cracked the ton in his two outings against Brisbane. Not only should Zorko not be traded out of your team, he should be given a chance at redemption by scoring a 280 point captains score. Then you wouldn’t sideways trade him, would you?

Fremantle vs Essendon

Saturday 31 March 8:10PM – Optus Stadium

Last time they met: Essendon 16.11.107 def. Fremantle 14.8.92

Top 5 Scores: T Bellchambers 150, Z Merrett 135, N Fyfe 121, M Baguley 117, L Ryan 105

Last week, Matt Crouch and Bryce Gibbs were completely left alone to run around and do whatever the hell they wanted against Essendon. Essendon don’t really have any taggers, so Nat Fyfe and Lachie Neale could be given the same liberty. Fyfe and Neale have career averages against Essendon of 111.8 and 109.0 respectively, so you shouldn’t go too wrong with picking either of them.

If I had to choose one, I’d probably pick Fyfe, purely because #fyfeislife. They’re both good captain choices, with Neale being more of a POD. Stay away from Zach Merrett as captain, as he may not be 100% after his concussion last week, but Tom Bellchambers could be a sneaky POD, as he had 38 hitouts, a goal and 16 disposals at 100% efficiency last time he played Fremantle. I wouldn’t pick him though, as Jonathon Griffin was his opponent last time.

Western Bulldogs vs West Coast

Sunday 1 April 3:20PM – Etihad Stadium

Last time they met: West Coast 12.15.87 def. Western Bulldogs 11.14.80

Top 5 Scores: J Darling 138, A Gaff 128, D Petrie 123, J McGovern 115, S Biggs 102

I don’t really like anyone for captain this game. Luke Shuey has a pretty ordinary record against the bulldogs, and Jack Macrae has an average of 81.1 against the eagles. Marcus Bontempelli could be at risk of getting tagged by Tom Barrass, but I think it’s more likely he’ll go to Jason Jonannisen, leaving Bont to run around and possibly kick a couple of goals. Bont didn’t look good in his first game, though, so I wouldn’t be risking captaincy on him until we get another look.

Sydney vs Port Adelaide

Sunday 1 April 4:40PM – SCG

Last time they met: Port Adelaide 17.8.110 def. Sydney 12.10.82

Top 5 Scores: J Kennedy 134, O Wines 125, L Franklin 125, B Ebert 124, L Parker 105

Where the ‘ruck’ have all the big boys gone? There are no quality ruckman left standing for either team, and it will be a battle of Sinclair versus who? Dixon? I wouldn’t be too confident that the midfielders will receive many advantageous hitouts, and the ball will mostly spend a fair chunk of time on the ground and around the packs. Enter Josh P Kennedy. The contested beast has scored 130+ in two of his last 3 outings against the power, and will thrive in the absence of Naismith’s and Ryder’s HOA’s. Luke Parker is in terrific form, and could be another captain option, but out of the 2, I’d choose Kennedy.

Geelong vs Hawthorn

Monday 2 April 3:20PM – MCG

Last time they met: Geelong 13.10.88 def. Hawthorn 12.13.85

Top 5 Scores: P Dangerfield 141, T Mitchell 136, L Shiels 121, L Henderson 114, M Duncan 108

Patrick Dangerfield if you have him will most likely belt out a 130+. Tom Mitchell probably will as well. It’s what they do. If you have either of them, I’d say they’d be pretty good captain picks. Flip a coin if you have both. If you have neither, my next pick would be Gary Ablett. Averages 134.6 against the hawks, and has a 3-round average against them of 139. Friggin’ massive numbers. The GOAT will come out and score 280 as your captain and make you very, very happy. Lock him away if you’re one of the 9355 coaches that has him.

Post MaSloane’s Top 8 (Non-Dangerfield) Captain Picks

1. Josh Kelly
  2. Tom Mitchell
  3. Lachie Neale
  4. Jack Steven
  5. Nat Fyfe
  6. Gary Ablett
  7. Sam Jacobs
  8. Josh P Kennedy

The Cheat Sheet with Damo

Back by overwhelmingly popular demand is the cheat sheet. People were crying out for it over the pre-season, so I’ve thrown my hat into the ring to do it for the season so *excited drumroll* here it is!

That’s it from us, community! What moves  – if any – are you looking to make this week?

Categories: Supercoach

dontblushbaby · 28/03/2018 at 18:34

Thanks Damo, nice work , I’ll probs VC Dusty

Zayne Dorko · 29/03/2018 at 00:21

Pass Adelaide will win easy, dusty will get 95-110 not enough to justify a VC selection. Gotta go someone (Gawn, Zorko, Kelly) who can go large early with mitchell/danger as the C.

NoLanguage · 30/03/2018 at 03:10

Smart man. Hope you went through with it!

Josh · 28/03/2018 at 18:42

Thinking of putting the VC on Billings. Impressive against Brisbane last week, and could have a big day out. Thoughts?

Derek · 28/03/2018 at 20:35

Yes. I was thinking same.

North has a very long trip to Cairns and back. That is a very long way. Had a real tough game. Heavy ground and nearly 200 tackles in the game. There will be some sore boys.

I can see someone from Saints just going massive, especially in the second half when North start to get tired.

Billings is my only saint. VC.

Gawn will be a good C pick.

Corey · 29/03/2018 at 07:41

I was also considering Billings but I think I’ll play it safe and go Josh Kelly

Mr.Brightside · 28/03/2018 at 18:47

Jack Higgins named for the Tigers, Gallucci , Signorello named for the Crows

EasyMoneySniper · 28/03/2018 at 19:21

I think Higgins was named as an emergency?

Marty · 28/03/2018 at 19:23

Only named as an emerg at this stage

Maverick_ · 28/03/2018 at 19:39

looking to bench libba this week and play kelly/holman.
I need another week to have a look at sicily, JOM, graham or marchbank.
What are other libba owners doing?? I'm still open to trading this week if convinces to do so

SC_Kev7 · 28/03/2018 at 19:57

Pretty sold on going to Simpson, swinging Finlayson into my mids. Need a bit of cash in your bank to do this though

Big question over the preseason was who would take Docherty’s role. It’s the veteran. Not expecting 150 but it does keep my bye structure. Top 6-8 defender I reckon

Maverick_ · 28/03/2018 at 20:06

similar thoughts with marchbank kev. swinging finlayson to the mids and taking caleb and take 60k. loved his preseason and it continued into round 1 looks electric with his run and carry through the backline. or go a sicily/mcgrath but i think i just need 1 more week to split them all.

CJ tassie · 29/03/2018 at 08:04

i personally cant have a 434k non scoring player on my bench.
    i am happy with rookies and pretty much all my premos except for menengola. Menengola doesn't look promising and was a mistake especially when he is 550k. So libba to graham, menegola to Greene for mine.
    If bonner carves it up again will either trade l.murphy or naughton to him maybe. then its sit back and no trade for a as long as i can hold off

Maverick_ · 29/03/2018 at 10:20

I just had danger on the bench rd1 so libba there isn’t so bad! I don’t wanna rush into anyone before I get two looks at them. Trades are to valuable and I believe Holman or Kelly will get 80+ anyway. I already have bonner he was too cheap to not get on.

Lurka · 28/03/2018 at 19:44

Good write up. However don’t see tom barras playing as a tagged on JJ or the Bont. He is a key back

neil demons delight · 28/03/2018 at 19:52

Nice Damo Geez you said all the things I was thinking about Mousstaccio put me on a similar track Buddy can go big then nothing DID it last yea Thanks fellas great start cheers

Ddj · 28/03/2018 at 19:54

Paddy McCartin! I stupidly started with him over Bonner because of the 2nd last podcast where "Higgo" suggested him. Surely this site has to mention something?

Community what would you suggest I do with Mccartin at f5?

Derek · 28/03/2018 at 20:38

It’s been one week. He is very cheap, only needs one big game to make good cash

Tyruddanaut · 28/03/2018 at 20:40

Unless you can trade him to Bonner hold for a week

pod · 28/03/2018 at 21:27

You might as well hold the spud for another week and watch Bonner make money

Sweet Maria · 29/03/2018 at 08:06

I also went with Paddy. Grave error. I watched the game and he appeared next to useless; long spells on the bench, didn’t get near the ball. He’s gone for mine I just don’t know how to get rid him, no rookies to go to, might have to restructure a little.

smart as s · 29/03/2018 at 17:09

get daniel lloyd

Pablo · 28/03/2018 at 19:58

thanks guys. great analysis. cant fault it.

Post_MaSloane · 28/03/2018 at 23:38

Cheers Pablo!

SC_Kev7 · 28/03/2018 at 20:03

Great job, boys. Fantastic read. Kelly edges Fyfe for my VC duties this week. Perma cap on the Monday if needed

Post_MaSloane · 28/03/2018 at 22:33

Cheers, Kev. Coaches are gonna be mad when Fyfe scores 140 this week and they traded him out. Same with Zorko

Tyruddanaut · 28/03/2018 at 20:38

Alright, Im meant to find out if Matthew Kreuzer is out an hour before Nank’s game starts, which, considering how late they have been, is 34.9 seconds before the game. Now assuming supercoach takes 12.4 seconds to crash. Then I have about 8.184 seconds to change Nank and Kreuzer. Added to Outer Melbourne suburbs internet then it decreases to pressing each button in 2.1826 secs

INPieman · 29/03/2018 at 09:45

Hope your don't have NBN. What a pile of cr*p waste of 50 billion that is. Have English at R3 & save yourself the pain

Tyruddanaut · 29/03/2018 at 17:06

No, no nbn yet. But I also can’t afford English due to Olango being R3 and only having 22k in the kitty

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 11:34

Kreuzer will play. No need.

Tyruddanaut · 29/03/2018 at 17:06

Kreuzer might* play. Little* need

Starkingdom · 29/03/2018 at 17:03

lol good luck Ty

Scooper · 28/03/2018 at 20:57

Watching the Footy Show and Dane Swan, the great footballer needs lessons in pronunciation. He is so difficult to understand that I need to put the captions on. Anyone else having a problem? Maybe I need to get my hearin* checked. Eddie and Sam are very clear and Fev is ok imo.

Davo · 28/03/2018 at 21:01

Yeh, I thought it was just me. He can’t articulate properly.

John · 28/03/2018 at 23:42

What. Can't you speak Bogan?

Zayne Dorko · 29/03/2018 at 00:26

Sam has previously said he speaks 'broken English'.
    He may need to lay off the coke and the booze.

Adsy · 28/03/2018 at 20:59

Zerrett to Dusty? Got the 55k in the bank to trigger, but it is worth a sideways trade if I haven't got Dusty in the team yet? Also forward rookies: J.Stephenson, Giles-Langdon, Fritsch, D.Fogarty and L.Keeffe. Any names there that should go, and who to?

Happy to burn early corrective trades before prices change and then hopefully sit on as many as possible up until the bye.

Hoppy · 28/03/2018 at 21:25

Well wait a week then.

Post_MaSloane · 28/03/2018 at 22:37

Dusty has a good record against the blues. He also historically drops a stinker and bottoms out at $550k. He's a good pick if you start him, but not worth a sideways IMO

redherringfc · 29/03/2018 at 21:23

Did you do it?

Dusty on track for a huge one, 87 at half time.

When do you plan on bringing Merrett back in? Round 16 as your last trade?

Favio · 28/03/2018 at 21:00

Regarding footy sports betting, last week if a team got 20 points ahead you got your money back. This week it is 24 points!

Matho · 28/03/2018 at 21:23

Too many betting ads which really annoy me. It entices kids to bet especially those kids with mobiles.

Tyruddanaut · 28/03/2018 at 21:48

Trust me it doesn’t. I go to a school and I’ve only heard one kid make a bet all year and it was as a joke.

lostitall · 28/03/2018 at 23:59

Ladbrokes was 24 points last week mate they had to pay everybody on the blues tigers game

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 10:00

It’s only up to $50 bucks

pod · 28/03/2018 at 21:44

Danger, TMitch, Ablett all in same game, who to pick for captain? Can Danger kick 10 on two legs? Will YMitch get leather poisining two weeks in a row or Ablett goes bananas vs Hawks like usual?

Tyruddanaut · 28/03/2018 at 21:46

Danger can only play when his leg falls off

Westy · 29/03/2018 at 06:41

Interesting to see if they get C Guthrie to tag Mitchell.

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 07:58

they will FIGJAM'S not coaching them

pod · 29/03/2018 at 15:51

Hope someone does.

Giz Mo · 28/03/2018 at 23:28

Ryder to Nic nat or witts

finn · 29/03/2018 at 12:31

nat cause he is cheap

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 15:17

Witts is a gun POD and will have good TOG next few weeks – unlike Nic Nat who I see getting rested wayy to often.

Sean · 29/03/2018 at 00:32

Thinking I might as well go Rich to Simpson given the former's injury

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 08:10

Rich is out indefinately. cant put a return date on his injury

INPieman · 29/03/2018 at 09:53

Your lucky Rich is injured. Going through a season with him would have ruined your life

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 09:59

Brodie Smith and now Rich.

Temptation has gone

Defying_Madness · 29/03/2018 at 13:37

I had them both in the one year a few years ago. They have both been locked away on the never again list since.

Russ · 29/03/2018 at 03:21

Tagged by Tom Barrass LOL

paul · 29/03/2018 at 07:27

Damo my gut feeling about Buddy is you are wrong. He was amazing on the weeking looks fitter than ever and a must have in my book.

SC_Kev7 · 29/03/2018 at 16:15

That's the great thing about gut feelings, paul. Everyone has one haha. Buddy hasn't averaged over 100 since he was at the Hawks. Looking at his three scores 160+ last year, the next week he followed it up a 82, 98, 90.

He's the perfect finishing touches kind of player. If you trade well and end up being able to loop Buddy at F7 it's a wonderful thing

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 17:01

Good luck with Buddy, i have to say he and JJK are the most frustating players up forward. The inconsistency they have each year, it's like being in a rollercoaster the ups and downs through the ride.

THE SALTSHAKER · 29/03/2018 at 19:11

roller coaster, is playing deeper fwd and swans full roster. My mates Swans supporter said best he has seen Buddy in pre season but my advice was he is a rollercoaster. Wait for the dip and buy then as he nearly always ends up top 6 fwds

WhySoSerios · 29/03/2018 at 07:28

I has one of those poor soles that started with both Libba and Ryder in my side!! Anyway no point wallowing in self pity, time to pick myself up like the Australian cricket team… lets do this. Thinking Ryder to NicNat this week which leaves me 280k in the kitty. Then next week I am thinking of going either;
A) Libba and Roughy to Dangerfield and Sicily (or maybe McGrath as a POD)
B) Libba and Naughton to Dangerfield and a rookie
Libba was going to be my steppingstone to Danger so I feel obliged to try and make that happen. My current midfield is Dusty, Mitch, Fyfe, Whitfield and Coniglio. What is the rest of the community doing?

Matho · 29/03/2018 at 11:28

You should trade out Kreuzer and Libbi this week.
    Most SCers will not be trading this week.

Maverick_ · 29/03/2018 at 12:19

I have libba and unfortunately am still unsure what to do. I only have 50k in the kitty so can’t reach Cripps unfortunately! I traded in Sicily but since have reversed that. I want one more week to look At curnow McGrath & marchbank also so I don’t just trade in a one hit wonder. For you I think option A.

Bells · 29/03/2018 at 19:44

R Soles?
    Surely you go Ryder to NicNat, Libba to Parker?

paul · 29/03/2018 at 07:44

Just on buddy if you look at his last three games from last year his average is 155. He had very poor rounds 19 and 20 something has changed for him and he starts with a 175 in round 1.He is happy and fit. His team and him are in for one very big year I feel.

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 08:08

the swans definately opened up the forward line to allow buddy to have one-on-one contests. he had 14 in one game, last year he averaged 6.6. Will this continue. of course not. Other teams will put a loose man in defense. it took too long for WCE to do it

paul · 29/03/2018 at 08:27

He is running better than ever coming up the ground as he had 17 kicks on the weekend.

Jalopy · 29/03/2018 at 11:13

Wait and see. Buddy and Danger will be the most traded in player apart from injury replacements. They are must haves. Tossed up between Buddy and Heeney but went the latter.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 29/03/2018 at 09:56

Best i have seen him mark for along time. He hit the ball at speed.

Tibor · 29/03/2018 at 10:19

He has been a good player at Sydney and maybe nearly justified his massive contract. It is clear that he is a huge talent, at some point he explodes and shows his full potential that might just be now. If he plays close to his best nobody can contain him…

Neverweaken · 29/03/2018 at 16:21

Chose him over Heeney. Just felt his ceiling was so much higher. pity he played last round last week this week or would be VC for sure

BadgerHoney7 · 29/03/2018 at 09:50

Go either Dusty tonight or Fyfe Sunday arvo as VC?
If either score average do I go Danger or Titch?

BadgerHoney7 · 29/03/2018 at 09:56

sorry Fyfe Saturday night *

Post_MaSloane · 29/03/2018 at 15:31

Worsfold doesn't tag, go Fyfe for vc

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 29/03/2018 at 09:59

Nice one boys.
Only query for me this week is Kruez.
No back up.
So either i trade or use two trades to bring in plain English which i.am pretty reluctant to do.

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 11:33

He will play. No need for back up.

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 10:11

With Ryder out for several weeks and Cox suspended. I'm torn whether to hold this week or go for with my plan early and trade both now. Plan was if one of my Ruck goes down for a Long Term, one would become NicNat, Witts, TBC or Goldy. Cox was my cover to a Short Term injuries and Rd 10 cover, If I pick Witts I would still need Cox for Rd 10. I have English, not sure if he'll play until Rd 10.

My conern this week, I'll be relying on my rookies to score decent points for me to stay with the pack. If I trade Ryder for NicNat/Witts and Cox for Curnow should keep me right in the pack this week. I would still have $250K in the kitty for Danger if Rocky doesn't improve in this round. If he does improve, then I'll stick to my plan on picking up Danger at around Rd4-Rd6.

What do you guys think? Should I go with the two trades or hold with the trades this week and hope my Rookies gives me decent scores.

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 12:14

I think Ryder has to go. He could be out for a while. How confident are you with his replacement? I don’t know who to select. NicNat looks ok, but no way I would get him yet.

English has 3 more weeks against easier rucks, after that he has 7 weeks of Hell.

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 13:35

I'm confident with Curnow will have a breakout this year along with Taylor(my Crouch of 2017). Ruck not so confident, never have during the preseason. Even though i went with Set and forget in that department, I still went in with Cox and English as my cover.

Still not in a hurry of getting anyone in Ruck, I might need to do at least one trade this round to maintain with the pack. Either bring Danger in now for Ryder or wait another week. And just get Curnow for now, get Danger and whoever does a decent game this round in the Ruck next week.

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 10:54

Here are some facts to consider when choosing a captain.
In 2017 Dangerfield only scored the top round score ONCE -196 in round 15. He had 2nd top score 5 times and 3rd top score once.
So 'Perma-Captain' was only in the top 3 round scorers 7 times or about 30% of the time.
TMitch had 2 round top scores but 0 2nd or 3rd top scores.
Dusty never had top score but had 2 second top scores and 2 third top scores
18 different players were round top scorers in 2017

The LOWEST TOP Score for any round in 2017 was 146 by D.Beams + G.Ablett in round 12

If you combine all 23 round top scores and then divide the total by 23 the result is 174. Some would say that 174 was the average round top score in 2017 but they'd be wrong.

Does anybody know which team had the most round top scores against them?

Assi · 29/03/2018 at 11:20

Good question Trevor and thanks for the amount of time and effort you put into your research. People like you are really appreciated and make this forum great.
    Perhaps Derek, Pieman, Neil or Russty might know the answer to you4 question.
    Still undecided who to put the VC/C on: Buddy, Dusty, Danger, Titch, Gawn or Kelly.

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 14:25

Gawn will go big Assi and will be keen to perform

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:32

Thanks Assi Jesus has suggested that I turn the other cheek 🙂

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 11:55

I had seen you post this info before and as a result decided that 140 was my new VC cut off this year.

Might miss a few but will win more.

Last week Dusty’s 139 tested my new rule. I did take it

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:27

Yeah I posted it as an article with the full top details in a spreadsheet at the other one a while back but, not many read it. Maybe your Hardball Gets info should be re-published here?If you had adhered to your rules instead of caving at the first temptation who would have been your captain Derek?

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 12:49

Carlton, Freo, Lions, kanagroos and surprisingly the Giants last year had the most Top and 2nd highest score against them through the year. Says to me Giants have full faith in their team and don't tag. The other teams are just bottom feeders. That should help you out.

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 13:57

i Read somewhere that last year Collingwood and GWS gave up the most points to opposition defenders.

Collingwood I understand because they can’t kick straight. GES not sure why, they might not be great kicks or is it Greene gives away a lot of FA

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:28

Thanks 666 I mean which team has the most top scorers for supercoach against it not the actual goals and behinds against. I think Derek wrote something that had that info but in my naievity I dismissed it now I can't find it, there was a suprisingly short spread

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 13:16

Last year Freo had 5 games where they had the highest SC scorer against them.

In second place the Blues had 3 rounds where the highest SC score for the week was against them.

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:31

Thanks again 666. 30 degrees today and no wind so I've been outside most of the day and went to Cohuna for a while so haven't seen email since early am Blues new game style should get them up to freo level pretty quickly 🙂

Oaktree · 29/03/2018 at 11:15

Scratching my head why so many selected Ryder anyway. Terrible bad luck though. I had planned to get him after his bye because didn’t want both Gawn and Ryder out the one game or didn’t YOU take the bye into account?

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 11:49

Ryder has bye in Round 10.

Jim_bob321 · 29/03/2018 at 11:45

Actually don't know who to put VC on…
Dusty, Cripps, Fyfe arghhhh
Hesitant to go Dusty after hearing his scores last year vs Adelaide.
What does the community think?

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 11:47

I’m going with VC on Billings

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 11:50

Gawn.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 16:29

Hey 66…who would be your loophole if you go Gawn?

Jim_bob321 · 29/03/2018 at 12:01

MY gosh Derek…… have not thought of that, great idea… against the roos big time game on good friday.
      Great Idea!!!!!! POD Captain incoming

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 13:49

North will be stuffed after their trip to Cairns, long way. Plus they played in heavy conditions and had to make 100 tackles, they will be sore.

hedski · 29/03/2018 at 13:08

Same, I stuck the vc on Billings as soon as I opened my team up Monday.

Nick R fromBrighton · 29/03/2018 at 14:08

Not a bad call on Billings this week. My only problem is I don't have Billings. There were plenty of other options to Billings when taking a punt on a break out. He's not a bad pick but I stayed off him because I don't rate St. Kilda really. They have relied too much on now retired stars in recent times. Early draw is an absolute dream run but I reckon they quickly crash after that and blokes like Billings don't do much more than tread water …..

Starkingdom · 29/03/2018 at 16:49

With an average of 80 vs Norf good luck.

Neverweaken · 29/03/2018 at 16:16

just traded in Cripps for Libba and put the VC straight on him. Wish Franklin played earlier 🙂 But Cripps against GC in melb looks good.

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 12:17

Efff it! Just do one trade this week, assess my options in the Ruck after this round. We'll see if Rocky has to go or not next week. This means I'll running 7 premos deep in Mid leaving me a decision of which Rook go onfield Kelly vs Holman, Garlett swing up fwd with Fritsch onfield at F5 and F6.

Good luck in Round 2 everyone, hopefully we all get through this round without any injuries.

Blakeyboi · 29/03/2018 at 12:27

I made it in the top 5% this week

should I swap Cameron in the ruck for Tim English

should i do any trades at all

thoughts

paul · 29/03/2018 at 12:44

If I was you i would hold this week and see if English backs up first,I read an article about English and Luke beveridge loves the kid and does have plans for him so he is going to play that's for sure.

Tyruddanaut · 29/03/2018 at 17:09

Last be the English call… but don’t do it too early. Ideally you want to trade next week

Rahul Dravid · 29/03/2018 at 13:09

Brayshaw, Holman, banfield, Kelly…
Pick 2 to start on field
No loophole option
Leaning towards Brayshaw and Holman now that danger is back in the team

Ja191 · 29/03/2018 at 13:32

Kelly and close between holman/brayshaw, i'd say brayshaw

Starkingdom · 29/03/2018 at 16:57

I can't believe you have Kelly on that list. In saying that I reckon Kelly and Holman are the stand out selections.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 17:00

Agree, Kelly and Holman after last week's efforts.

Tyruddanaut · 29/03/2018 at 17:10

Kelly and Brayshaw

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 19:00

Kelly might get a few less contested ball opportunities but he'll probably also get more cheap possessions both due to Danger. There's some defender experience missing at cats so an experienced mid might spend more time in def so kelly gets more mid
    Holman was delisted by the blues and he wants to rub their faces in the turf, 13 tackles last week was just the entree he'll do that in the first half to cripps

Sammy_14 · 29/03/2018 at 13:25

Trading Ryder down to Nic Nat, and have cash to turn Nuaghton into Bonner? but unsure whether i should make 2 trades this week?

Ja191 · 29/03/2018 at 13:31

hold on the naughton bonner trade for a week. Prices don't change. for all you know bonner could score 30 and naughton 100

Stupid Coach · 29/03/2018 at 13:48

Greetings community

Love all the work and effort that goes every week into this forum.

Scored 2,066 last week which I thought wasn't too bad considering I had Merrett, Zorko, Brayshaw and Naughton all scoring well below what was expected and having Doedee, Finlayson and T Kelly on the bench. However, a cash league i am in averaged 2,176 with a couple of people scoring 2,300+. I know it is not time to panic yet, so would appreciate any thoughts on whether to trade Zorko or Merrett to Mitchell this week or hold trades for another week. I can't recall if league matches start this week or next week. I just don't want to hold off trading and then fall too far behind in the cash league.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Tibor · 29/03/2018 at 14:15

I reckon your smart to hold your nerve. You were pretty stiff last week and I can't see any reason to panic trade on any of the names you mention. Reading all the chat there is plenty of early panic and there is value in staying calm for at least one more week to check revealed form. You have good money invested in Merrett and he is a star, surely he is worth one weeks patience

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 14:25

No point trading if your only in it for the leagues. You've got cover so just hold.

If you were after overall you'd be in a bit of trouble.

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 14:42

I don't know if the advice to wait on trading early is entirely correct. Two previous winners have traded from the get go.I would agree that poor or medium performing rookies are a wait proposition but taking the chance on Kelly or Bonner to a near obvious dud such as Ryan or Naughton makes sense .Probably better earlier. in round 2 than 3 ..Premiums are different .you selected them for a reason have faith

Tibor · 29/03/2018 at 14:53

Agreed on the premos but I'm not sure one game defines rookie spuds from duds. If a cheap rookie gets two good scores and looks the goods for an early price rise I'd pull the trigger …….probably

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 14:58

I've always been a firm believer that the first 2 weeks are your corrective weeks. We make mistakes and the first 2 weeks you can fix it……so do it. If you've picked a good team barring injuries you only need 14-18 trades to go full premo.

4 in first 2 weeks.
    18 max from rookies
    8 left for injuries.

Tibor · 29/03/2018 at 15:30

Your theory seems ok. I'm just trying to remember which year it was that Clarke pulled half his team out for a rest on supercoach grand final week. We have correction trades rage trades cash builder trades upgrades and downgrades but we still need trades for when it hits the fan later in the year

paul · 29/03/2018 at 16:36

The week's rest at the end of the year has fixed that tho.

INPieman · 29/03/2018 at 15:06

The earlier you use trades the more you can benefit from them. If you have an injury or you've missed some clear standout rookies then get to work. The name of the game is to generate as much cash as possible

pod · 29/03/2018 at 15:46

Well said, if you snooze you lose

Claire · 29/03/2018 at 16:40

So Mr. Pieman, would you trade Naughton and/or O’Conner if one or both aren’t named this week? Have Bonner in my six and Finlayson on my bench. Along with Doedee and Murray in my back six. Is there a defensive rookie I have missed. If Zac Gutherie fires again I may get him in because from what I have read over the last few trades are invaluable.

SC_Kev7 · 29/03/2018 at 16:08

I've tried both ways in the past, NDD. Going hard early or being conservative can both can blow up in your face. Advice is great and all but in the end it's your team, if you feel the trade is justified then 100% go for it I reckon

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 16:19

Kev if you were a betting man you would back Bonner and Kelly in don't need two games but you do need 2 games for players like banfield.ryan and naughton.. I would chance it that Bonner is good ryan not so good. and bank the points..Players like Fyfe havjng a poor game is different and needs a few games grace same as Franklin needs the same CHEERS mate

Northernsoul74 · 29/03/2018 at 14:45

Ed Richards to debut for Dogs.

The Ranger · 29/03/2018 at 15:46

D'ya reckon English will hold his spot for a while Northern?

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 16:11

might take Naughtons spot

hedski · 29/03/2018 at 16:15

Taking Croziers spot.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 16:19

Thought Richards was a defender hed?

hedski · 29/03/2018 at 17:07

Crozier was running of half back flank I think, afl app says taking his spot.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 17:09

Cheers, be interesting to see how he goes, many chose Naughton over him at the start.

StevoRivo · 29/03/2018 at 15:00

Ryder to NicNat seems a popular pick. Know it’s risky but tops up cash for trades after Round 2. Is this preferred over Goldy or?

SC_Kev7 · 29/03/2018 at 16:04

NicNat is still a risk for mine. Yeah he scored 100+ on the weekend but his game time will continue to be restricted over the next few weeks. He's also coming off 18-19 months out of the game, he's gonna get rested. If you've got no R2 cover you're digging a hole for yourself

StevoRivo · 29/03/2018 at 16:24

Thanks Kev, all rucks are a risk with little to no swing set options. I have Olango as the R3 loop hence nervous. Would you go with Nank then?

Johno · 29/03/2018 at 15:28

Should I be trading Merrett?

pod · 29/03/2018 at 15:48

Absolutely not. He's in your side for a reason. Of course if injured trade away.

Diesel · 29/03/2018 at 15:37

Love the cheat sheet great to have it back. helped a lot last year.

Anyone thoughts on Sinclair as a replacement for Kreuzer? 436k and in 1.0% of teams. Played against Nic Nat last week and pumped out a 106, this week up against a port side without Paddy Ryder. Also with ruck stocks low at Sydney he will be sole No. 1 ruck. Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Valens_FC · 29/03/2018 at 15:53

Only played against Nic Nat half a game or so. He’s an average player, never seriously pushed for number 1 ruck on merit. Can you just go Nic Nat and not over complicate?

SC_Kev7 · 29/03/2018 at 16:01

I'd be looking at his scoring history, Diesel. Agree with Valens in that he's never taken no.1 ruck duty by the horns at Sydney. Can pump out 140's but goes missing the next week. Kruze is a top 3 ruck in the comp, if I needed to replace him I'd go for a ruck with similar pedigree

BrownlowBoy · 29/03/2018 at 16:02

G'day community.

I'm thinking of holding fire this week, unless anyone can see something that needs changing?

Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray, Naughton, Murphy
Danger, Titch, Kelly, Oliver, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Kelly, Holman, Banfield, Garlett, Barry
Gawn, Nank, Olango
Heeney, Billings, Walters, Smith, Taberner, Fritisch, Ryan, Langdon

107k in the bank.

SC_Kev7 · 29/03/2018 at 16:20

Looking good, BB. Must have been a decent R1 with that as your starting team

BrownlowBoy · 29/03/2018 at 19:05

2200 odd. Had Doedee on the pine for Naughton which lost me some points and Danger on the pine, but I'm quite happy

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:09

Could Turf Walters for Curnow now, before it's too late haha just a thought.

Neverweaken · 29/03/2018 at 16:03

So I have Libba. A trade for TMitch. B trade for Cripps C trade for Coniglio D trade for Danger E do nothing for a week and assess after week 2.
Money is no object. Have 539 K in the bank for Danger
Gut says get Cripps. Dont think TMitch will get that many possessions for a while so wont change price (hope) Want to watch Danger. Maybe he will drop 50K (hope) Coniglio will do well but will he be top 8 midfielder? Cripps I think will be top 8 Midfielder. Thoughts?

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 16:05

How is this even a question? If you have the money in the bank to get Danger then get Danger… After all you intended to get him in at some point. Good POD now and will average 135 this year. Absolute weapon. Must pick.

Objective · 29/03/2018 at 16:26

Danger is the man.

Schleprock · 29/03/2018 at 20:16

Danger is at full price, not at full fitness and now has Ablett in the team to share his points. Nothing is a certainty.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:20

Don't have him in your side, at your own peril/ demise.

Schleprock · 29/03/2018 at 20:26

Coniglio is an option, allowing you to keep your warchest for Danger if he performs as we hope he will. You'll be able to trade anybody to Danger when the time is right as well as keep your points rolling in with under priced Coniglio who should jump in price.

However, only trade Coniglio in if you believe he is a keeper. Having said all that, Cripps looks to be a keeper…

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 16:08

My favourite thing about these forums is when people ask the same question that 14 people have already asked… "Should I trade Merrett?" – look at all the other comments about the exact same thing first, or maybe even read the article which directly references this…

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 18:40

they can get a bit lazy

Moosehead · 29/03/2018 at 16:25

Agree. Some people are lazy, can’t think and are all about ME. And, most probably hopeless at SC.

Mr.Brightside · 29/03/2018 at 16:37

Contemplating on putting the VC on Knob Head, playing the Pies,he should score very well imo ;

Jacko · 29/03/2018 at 16:44

Who is knob head?

Clueless · 29/03/2018 at 16:50

Greene

Starkingdom · 29/03/2018 at 16:50

I'm guessing it's Rory Lobb

Mr.Brightside · 29/03/2018 at 16:50

Tobias Greene, have a look at him ,seriously

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 16:51

Toby Greene, also known as Flog 1.

neil demons delight · 29/03/2018 at 17:22

buckley 100%

Malthouse · 29/03/2018 at 17:37

hahaha awesome

Tobias · 29/03/2018 at 17:44

Sicily

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 18:15

He's Flog 2 🙂

Jacko · 29/03/2018 at 18:24

Yeh, fair enough, a good nick name for Greene. Haven’t got him but boy, he can play.

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:52

That's what the wife used to call me before she raided the bank accounts and moved to Europe but she doesn't play supercoach

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:23

haha who did she take off with?

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 21:12

probably Gary Lyon

pod · 29/03/2018 at 21:16

I was thinking King Carey

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:19

Maybe both Pod 🙂

Gertrude · 29/03/2018 at 16:55

Naughton or Doedee on the field lads? West Coast doesn't have any key forwards apart from Darling and Naughton could take bulk intercept marks for a good score?

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 16:58

Do you have any non playing rookies on your bench in the backline Gertrude?..you could loophole Doedee if you do.

Gertrude · 29/03/2018 at 17:58

Got Keeffe

Troy · 29/03/2018 at 17:06

Got the VC on Dusty. Just need to decide out of Cripps, Mitchell or Ablett who i'm going to whack the C on if Dusty doesn't go big.

Post_MaSloane · 29/03/2018 at 19:36

Ablett is an animal against the hawks

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 17:16

Anyone heard any news about O'Connor playing or not this week? Cheers.

Defying_Madness · 29/03/2018 at 18:30

Listed on the extended bench

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:00

Cheers mate.

John · 29/03/2018 at 17:34

Ive got angus brayshaw is he going to get a game this week

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 18:30

Should know in about 1 hour.

Defying_Madness · 29/03/2018 at 18:31

He has been named

John · 29/03/2018 at 18:51

No he hasn't

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:00

Where'd you see that DM?…he's not even Emergency.

Don't Listen to Me · 29/03/2018 at 17:39

No mention of Sloane?? 3 game average of 120 against the Tigers. And averaged 129.22 in home game wins in 2017. Any punters out there he's paying 5.75 for highest supercoach out of a certain group, which is good odds considering he either goes massive or shit.

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:56

Worth a shot DLTM he had more round top scores than any other player last year (3) in rounds 3,10,18 sores 168,177,169

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:12

Bit of a pod too with only 6 %

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 19:19

I looked real close Russty. Depending on how things turn out this weekend the sneaky cockroach could become sloandog

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:38

Could be a masterstroke Trev, beware going from tagee to tagee though, both need to learn how to overcome the tag.

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 21:12

Thanks mate, the dog is in the pound.. 20,000 supercoachs aleady bitten by luck this round. MCrouch 2-5?I've got Murphy as emergency I hope Naughton gets lost on the way to the game so that I've got a looper on that line

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 18:27

Well Bell just proved how great a pick he was

Clueless · 29/03/2018 at 18:31

Rip the 3.5% that started him lol

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 18:58

Always a spud..can't believe anyone picked him really.

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 19:01

Shows how clueless some people are

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 19:12

Not very nice Wow. I didn't pick him BTW. But it's only supercoach, it's not like being a Flattard Flat-Earther. :D. Good luck tonight fellas!!

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 19:16

Surly you have something better to comment than telling me off

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 19:20

Oh no not telling you off. Just thought it a bit harsh mate. I would hate to have Bell right now it would suck.

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 19:21

Yeah I think I made a few posts warning people off him. Those that had a go at me and chose to ignore it now are stuck with exactly what I told them they would be.

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 19:30

About a week before round one I had Tabs, Bell, and P. Mc Cartin all In the front row and went to bed thinking what an excellent team I've got lol. Woke up all hot and sweaty the next morning after a bad dream about three lumbering useless hulks and remembered, I should never pick midprice forward bulky ogres EVER!!! So close lol.

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 19:48

Oh and don't get me wrong I did like your advice for the most part during the pre-season. Thought it quite good. Good Luck

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:29

Hey Mr Lint, some peeps just need to hear the truth mate, only reason anyone would've picked Bell is because of his pre-season points, but unfortunately that doesn't make him any less of a spud than he's always been, and one season of good scoring in there doesn't count, consistency is key.

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 19:38

Yeah I know. But there were a quite a few experts around recommending him too and it really sucks to go bad in the first round. I did one year after spending so much time trying to get it right. i just don't think we need to rub it in. Could just say it must suck to have picked Bell instead of calling someone clueless. Just saying. I had him in the team for a whole night at one stage.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:45

Don't take it personally mate, some people are just a bit more straight forward than others lol

belly button fluff · 29/03/2018 at 20:27

I didn't pick him anyway. But yeah maybe I'm being a little bit precious tonight. Probably in need of a bit of nookie from my wife. 😀

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 19:52

I think after being pre warned with evidence to back up why I'm warning them is enough. It is clueless IMO to pick him because an '"expert" says to pick him with no reasoning as to why

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:29

hahaha this guy is gold

gator59 · 29/03/2018 at 18:29

Kruze playing Thank F%$K

Defying_Madness · 29/03/2018 at 18:30

Huge sigh of relief

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 18:46

I hope he's 100% and smashes out 200 gator but we all saw what he was like when he came back against tigers it wasn't just a couple of ingrown hairs that had boiled up amongst the jock rash that was causing him pain, it seemed deeper than that.

gator59 · 29/03/2018 at 18:55

Just heard he's only a 50/50 chance to play.. Still have to wait and see Trev

TommyC99 · 29/03/2018 at 18:57

grrr really??? Need to know by tomorrow night so I can bring in English if he doesn’t play

Sc_Wow · 29/03/2018 at 18:58

From who gator

gator59 · 29/03/2018 at 19:25

Was from Stevo on channel 7 news down here in Tassie

WoW_Trevor · 29/03/2018 at 19:17

I'm backing Jack Steven to go 160+ unless Jacobs gets attached to him gator then maybe 120. Solid VC option. Surely Armitage can run some interference for the bloke?A LOT off ball pigs in mondays game, 110 could be the game high

gator59 · 29/03/2018 at 19:30

I hope so Trev… up the mighty Sainters……….. Will be a good game on Monday with plenty of points to share

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:07

Good luck Kreuz boys, hope he smashes it for you all.

TommyC99 · 29/03/2018 at 18:38

Should i loophole doedee with naughton or just field doedee? Got Keeffe as the non playing but worried he might get named

hedski · 29/03/2018 at 19:01

Of course you loop him

Derek · 29/03/2018 at 18:39

i hate the extended benches

Multi_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:49

I’m with you Derek

TommyC99 · 29/03/2018 at 18:45

Dow or Holman? I know how good Holman did but he won’t get 13 tackles every week and under the roof at Etihad might struggle to lay tackles. Thoughts?

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 18:56

Holman.

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 18:59

Why wasn't Holman in from the start? I really don't understand how this could happen after all the pre season talk and especially with GC and port available through the byes.

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 19:01

I think he mean onfield sixty6

Maverick_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:02

Holman 100%! He is known for his tackling, lives for it! Also He won’t have to pack his snorkel to every game. Watch his disposals & DE only get better. Lock him in

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:22

Mature aged rookie showed he can play, only $102k vs Dow haha good one

TommyC99 · 29/03/2018 at 20:24

Price is irrelevant, I’m saying that which one should I field…..

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:35

Hey Tommy, Dow seems to be struggling a bit mate…to be safe I'd say Holman.

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 18:48

I told you boys Lobb would play and I also said this morning kreuz will also play. I hope you guys will now see to never doubt what I post. I don't post for the hell of it. I'm your most reliable source.

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 18:56

And very humble.

KSinny · 29/03/2018 at 19:04

very very humble indeed

Acka · 29/03/2018 at 19:01

Take a chill pill know all.

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:17

Not wrong yet, well done keep it coming.. cheers

SC_Sixty6 · 29/03/2018 at 19:22

You should be more worried about humbling your SC team with my rock solid info. Take it or leave it.

John · 29/03/2018 at 18:54

Angus brayshaw to bonner?? Or keep brayshaw and save trades

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:13

Not sure why Brayshaw was there in the first place but yeah, I'd do that John.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 19:17

Wait one more week. Save all your trades this round if you can. No price changes until next week. Sit tight!

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:39

Brayshaw hasn't even been named though…this week or last , I'd punt him.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:02

Big Dougal named in the Port Ruck…interesting!

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 19:28

Could be a good pick up. Bonner cheasper tho.

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:30

or both?

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:36

Already started with Riley Rick…but Dougal has already shown he racks up disposals, and spoils, Rucking would elevate his scoring alot..if he can handle it physically.

THE SALTSHAKER · 29/03/2018 at 19:13

Hey guys similar question,

Ellis to Bonner or Naughton to Bonner – have cash for both or should I wait a week? (i never trade first week this is my 6th year Im just thinking of 2 correctional trades next week.

Multi_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:52

Hold see how Bonner goes this week, there’s a chance he stinks it up or gets injured

Caleb · 29/03/2018 at 19:20

Is JOM the play for libba for quick cash generation + bank 120k now but keeping in mind he is another trade in 8-10 weeks or go simple n get sicily who will be a keeper I hope. I am so lost with what to do

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:31

I'd bank more on Graham rather than JOM….he can play and ain't no skinny kid, started with 100 last week.

Caleb · 29/03/2018 at 20:11

Well I have missed the boat on graham. If he goes 85+ tonight I guess I will wait the week and grab him next week. I don’t have to trade libba but wanted the opportunity to do 2 corrective trades next week if I need before the price rise

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 23:37

Good think you missed the boat, i never trust any player at a price rage $200K-$400. Keep your trade this week and decide then, if you don't have Bonner might want watch to him this week. He'll surely rise in price if he gets another secent score.

Russty_ · 30/03/2018 at 00:46

Good think or good thing? Graham will be a good player for the Tigers this year, maybe not tonight, but he is a hard at it kinda player and will deliver some good scores, Tigers as a whole were pretty poor tonight.

SCdonkey · 30/03/2018 at 02:32

Haha! Whatever mate. It's all i ever see ya say. He/his a good player. But in reality not a good footballer and not SC relevant. Need to settle down with your comments or posts, almost every posts in here, you have a comment.

Dean · 29/03/2018 at 19:21

For mine having the VC on Dusty is a no-brainer, Dusty is as close to a Danger, Titch as your going to get in this game, If Dusty is playing in the first game of the round and not against Geelong or Hawks, as he did in Round 1 (139) & also tonight Round 2 (I predict a 130+) again from Dusty tonight. Personally I believe it would be absolutely foolish not to whack the VC on Dusty.

Good luck ALL…

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 19:27

Away, v a good Crows side. He's not a sure thing. Prefer others this week. Hope you're right tho.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 19:30

Parker at home or Crippsy (Playing Gold Coast), or Titch are also very tasty VC options this week. Danger Captain.

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 19:31

Titch plays in the last game of the round.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 19:38

Indeed he is! Scratch Titch. LOL

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:30

I'd be doing that in a heartbeat Dean…if I had Dusty 🙂

Clueless · 29/03/2018 at 19:42

Adelaide has no taggers and likes the "team defence" mind set so I'd back him in

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 21:02

After reading these comments I slammed the vc on him without about 30 seconds to spare. Looking a good call at ht.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:06

Go Rick!…and kill that Negan MOFO soon will ya!?…:)

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 21:16

I'm trying but I keep making really stupid decisions. Thankfully I have unlimited bullets and extras to be gunned down.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:18

Maybe the filthy garbage woman will finish him off lol

pod · 29/03/2018 at 21:05

I hope you backed urself Dean

Dean · 29/03/2018 at 22:35

I wouldn't sugest such a comment after posting what I did. I hope you ALL followed and had the VC on Dusty…,

Good Luck fella's.

Dean · 29/03/2018 at 22:37

Only had Dusty (VC), Laird & Doedee on field tonight so happy with that, just wish i put L Murphy on field also..

pod · 29/03/2018 at 19:40

Tigers by a goal let's hope it's a ripper

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:43

Hear hear!

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 19:40

going into the round without a VC option -> Skipper Danger, Dusty or Titch?

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 19:42

Hey Finn, gotta think Dusty will rise to the occassion of the GF replay tonight, go big or go home!

Post_MaSloane · 29/03/2018 at 20:04

I know it's too late now but the grand final was Dusty's first ton against the crows in a few years, plus IMO dusty was gifted a few that game…

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:17

Can't judge everything from the past Post, Dusty has evolved into a new beast the last few years.

Post_MaSloane · 29/03/2018 at 20:24

True, he's started nicely tonight

Finnius · 29/03/2018 at 20:31

I ended up going with Danger. POD captain selection and is an SC BEAST. Even if he goes forward back him in for 130.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 20:42

Matty Crouch looks like he is done for the night! WOW. Dodged a bullet tonight after getting hit by Zerrett last week.

Multi_ · 29/03/2018 at 20:44

He was on fire to! is also in my team bloody spewin

Steeeve · 29/03/2018 at 22:24

If out for 4 or so weeks, i will enjoy snapping him up for 540-odd K. Enjoy very much.

Connor · 29/03/2018 at 20:55

First Libba, now Crouch – can't catch a break and its a round and half a game in

Schleprock · 29/03/2018 at 21:29

I'm in the same boat. 30 trades doesn't go far when we're burning them on injuries. Hopefully Crouch's injury isn't another forced trade like Libba.

Multi_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:00

Should of put the VC on Dusty but….. I didn’t

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 21:14

I dont have Dusty. He is one of my upgrade targets. I am going to have to pay $700K to get him, but that's OK. I have Danger and you cant start with all the mega premos. Hope that hammy injury to Crouch is not too serious. That is shocking bad luck Multi.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:20

Still thinking Dusty will drop to 500k at some point this season Hawk. Pouncetime!

Multi_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:33

I went without Danger but kept 200k in the bank so on the upside it’s an easy swap for Crouch.

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 21:07

Expecting a big 2nd half from Lambert. I've put him on notice. I like your energy son, but get your bloody hands on the pill.

Rick Grimes · 29/03/2018 at 21:42

Line halfway through name…

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:48

Tigs don't look like they want to win all that much, hope they can turn that around in the last and smash the Crows.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 21:08

Nankervis is a good boy! Backing up superbly after getting battered last week. A great sign with an opponent like Jacobs tonight. And a bloody bargain at $488K too boot. 69 SC at half time. Stoked!

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:10

Me too Hawk, and much less risky than Nicnat.

pod · 29/03/2018 at 21:12

A lot of doubt on him but he's definitely improving his game

Defying_Madness · 29/03/2018 at 21:13

Could be in trouble with the MRP sadly

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 21:21

Don't reckon there was much in that…looked like he was trying to avoid hurting him.

pod · 29/03/2018 at 21:10

Nank the Tank owners should be happy first half

dontblushbaby · 29/03/2018 at 21:11

Went off Dusty for VC, should always trust my gut, he's a Superstar

John · 29/03/2018 at 21:20

I did that aswell no im regretting it

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 21:16

Just had another close look at that Nank incident with Crouch. Jeez, I pray he does not get a week off for that.

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 22:01

Will be looked at, you know it's gonna be look at when they keep replaying it.

pod · 29/03/2018 at 21:23

I can't believe Murphy is only a kick off Laird's score!!

Borko · 29/03/2018 at 21:23

If you are thinking of doing a (rookie only) corrective trade this week, just remember that we can do similar trades going into Round 4 (and even 5). There a few more rookies named tonight who will be on the bubble in two weeks, and we will have two games to judge them. Maybe it has to happen this week, but there will be other opportunities to get your rookies sorted.

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 21:58

Tonights game you can clearly see who are Junk time Kings when the Tigs are winning. Lambert, Constagna, Graham and Butler. Caddy looking good, but in strife with that hit.

And I wonder how many traded Murphy out this week.

KSinny · 29/03/2018 at 22:00

Fogarty? More like FLOGarty

Steeeve · 29/03/2018 at 22:27

Disagree. Out there making his presence felt at just 18. Unfortunately not going to make us fast cash though.

Caleb · 29/03/2018 at 22:28

Not extremely SC relevant my goodness the boy can play! Future star of the comp for Adelaide

KSinny · 29/03/2018 at 22:30

Just wanted to make the pun 🤣

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 22:57

Supercoach-wise, tonight Sinny, flogarty! 🙂

KSinny · 29/03/2018 at 23:20

Sure was haha

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 22:20

Its a wealth of riches!

Its going to rain money and points! Laird grabs his usual tonne, Doedee onfield and tonnes up big, and Murphy on the bench with plenty of points!

BANG!

Jonesy · 29/03/2018 at 22:22

Murphy with the E on him but don’t have a donut in my backline to get him on, Damn!

SCdonkey · 29/03/2018 at 22:37

Knowing my luck Mihocek and O'Connor might be a late in. Have Murphy(E) in the bench, Hope Naughton gets a decent score.

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 22:51

Fogarty turned out to be a megadud..bummer cause I thought he'd be ok, Might go him to English next week if English posts a half decent score.. and punt Olango to a non playing R/F for bugger all. Sets me up for ruck cover and Bulldogs are round 14 bye friendly.

TOPHAWK1 · 29/03/2018 at 23:04

Yeah Russty.

Fogarty is promising, but looks like a SC flop in 2018. He is just not quite ready yet.

English as a rook should be seriously looked at to help replace Ryder.

He is still a stringbean, but he can definately play. Nankervis?

Cheers Russty

Steeeve · 29/03/2018 at 23:06

He's playing deep forward as a 3rd tall. About the worst position for SC relevance. Any options to downgrade him?

Russty_ · 29/03/2018 at 23:15

Hey Hawk, I think he'll be Walker's replacement, good kid and he's solid, has a good base…could be much better than Walker in time. Reckon it's worth having English even if we have to purposefully trade in a non player as a permaloophole.

Hawks · 29/03/2018 at 22:55

Went Lambert, his working hard, but just not getting enough of it.

Think he needs to go before next week, maybe downgrade to a rookie, then upgrade Fyfe to Dangerfield (depending on what Fyfe & Dangerfield show us this week).

DacZawson · 30/03/2018 at 09:57

Doing that move you're trading two players you brought in as keepers at the start of the season and coming out with one. Don't ruin your whole structural set up trying to get rid of Lambert. Trade him to another forward that has shown signs and could be in the top group by the end of the year.

Plate · 30/03/2018 at 00:16

Brayshaw or Holman on the field? Holman had 13 tackles, and the same amount of disposals last week. 13 tackles seems like it will be hard to achieve every week.

Tom · 30/03/2018 at 19:33

No farking point posting cheat sheet after season has started

This website is dead to me

Steeeve · 30/03/2018 at 20:13

Cya pal

cricbuzz · 01/10/2018 at 22:23

The best Cricket App to follow Live Cricket and everything else related to Cricket… Download Cricbuzz app https://mirrorapkpure.blogspot.com/2018/09/downlo