Five days. That’s very, very alarming. Five panic-filled days of Supercoachers all over our great nation scrambling to assemble the perfect structure, filled with unbeatable premos and money-making rookies.

This should be easy, right? After all, we’ve had since January – and yet many of us are filled with dread, rather than filled with excitement, about the beginning of the season for our beloved game.

I thought I had mastered it, the unstoppable team that would take me to $51,000 ($1000 from claiming glory in my annual cash league). And then Nic Nat became a doubt.

So I restructured and created an even greater team, this one bigger, badder and burlier than the first. Of course, disaster struck again. We were hit with the shortage of forward line rookies, and my head started spinning. What do I do?

A thousand thoughts swirled in my head, each one riskier and more absurd than the last. It was then I took a week off to find my inner zen among the great Zhangye Danxia mountains in China, under the mentorship of Bodhidharma, the legendary Zen Master, and winner of the first ever Supercoach, way back in 572 AD. (When $50,000 was worth a lot more than it is now!)

It was on the 7th day, after a week of total spiritual awakening, that I began to see the 2018 season more clearly. And it occurred to me:

This is going to be a season like no other.

We’re going to have to take some risks. We may have to rely on faith, rather than facts, to achieve glory. We may have to endure the pre-season mockery of our Guns n’ Rookies friends, whose teams are filled with all the best $500k+ players.

And the scariest part of all – we may have to pick Scott Lycett.

DEFENCE

‘Wow, that’s a lot of money tied up in the backline! Defenders always drop in value, you could be using that money to upgrade your other lines!’

If these were your first thoughts, you make a good point. Defenders DO have a history of dropping in value, and premos can often be picked up sub $500k. But where are premierships won from, community? The backline!

A solid defence is the foundation of a solid attack, and premiership winning teams ALWAYS have a robust defensive structure. This is why my strategy this year is to set and forget a large chunk of the backline, so I can focus on securing the other lines when the superstars stand up and reveal themselves.

Michael Hurley, Rory Laird and Michael Hibberd are almost guaranteed top 6 defenders, so I figured I would secure their services for the 2018 season, rather than banking on a strong forward line, where the top 8 may not be as cut and dry.

Shane Savage has swapped with Kade Simpson almost daily, but I have decided to take a punt on Savage, as he averaged 100 points a game in 2017 after becoming a rebounding defender. I’m confident in all my defensive rookies provided they are named, they all played well in JLT and would be hoping for a good season.

MIDFIELD

Again, I know what you’re thinking. I always know what you’re thinking. ‘Post MaSloane has been sucked in to Mitch Duncan’s JLT hype! He can’t survive in Geelong’s midfield!’

Logically, that makes sense. With the big three at Geelong, how could Duncan possibly be afforded the midfield minutes he had last year? But if there’s one thing I learnt from my enlightening week with Zen Master Bodhidharma, it’s that faith and belief will always trump facts and logic.

Did you know that scientists have proven that bumblebees cannot possibly fly? And yet, what do bumblebees do? Bumblebees fly anyway, purely because they couldn’t give a damn what scientists tell them they can or can’t do.

Think of Mitch Duncan as a bumblebee. Besides, Duncan is a pure midfielder, and while Dangerfield and Ablett will rotate through the forward line, and Menegola will play on a flank, the only place I can see Duncan playing is on a wing or in the guts, the two positions he played for the 2017 season where he averaged 109.8 Supercoach points. Been locked in to my team since before JLT.

The other midfielders sort of pick themselves, despite the abundance of uber-premos we have in the engine room for 2018. Patrick Dangerfield, Josh Kelly and Nathaniel Fyfe are all locks in my book, as they will finish among the top few scorers for the season.

If Patrick Dangerfield misses one week, I’ll keep him and play another rookie on field. If he misses two or three, I may downgrade him to Tom Mitchell and keep the remaining cash in the bank. This is the only way I can see that will allow me to get him back in.

You can make cases for a lot of other players, but the problem you have is you can’t pick them all. Bummer. Rory Sloane was in my team majority of the preseason, but has been edged out by Patrick Cripps for two reasons: his price and the round 14 bye.

In one of my all-time terrible picks, I had David Armitage for the entire 2016 season. He had come off an average of 109.7 points the year before, and I started him for around $600k. He averaged 87.3 that year, playing as a tagger, and was placed on my NEVER AGAIN list.

Unfortunately, I have a habit of making the same mistakes twice, and Armitage is back in my team. He looks to be playing as an inside midfielder again, and if he can average 95 points before the byes he’ll make us a stack of cash, while generating more points than a rookie in the process. I wish I had more self-discipline if I’m honest.

RUCKS

Max Gawn should be in every team. We keep harping on about him, but for the love of God, please pick him. You won’t be disappointed.

Scott Lycett I’m not as keen on. He played terribly in JLT, and his job security is anything but guaranteed with the return of Nic Naitanui. I don’t really want to select him. But someone I do want to select is Matthew Kreuzer, and I’m hoping that Lycett will make a quick bit of cash so that I make an easy upgrade to Kreuzer once he loses his downright obnoxious price tag.  Fingers crossed, community.

FORWARDS

This is the line I’m most unsure about. I like F1-F4, I really do. Isaac Heeney should be one of the top forwards for 2018, so he’s locked in. Michael Walters and Devon Smith both have ‘breakout’ written all over them, with an increase in midfield time, so they’re locked in.

The pick I’m most excited about, though, is David Mundy. I wrote an article in the preseason explaining why he is a solid selection, especially with the uncertainty we have in the forward line this year. This pick could really set me ahead of the pack, or leave me lagging behind, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take. Mundy’s a gun. I’m backing him to the hills.

What I’m not as sold on is the structure, with two on-field rookies exposed. We have next to no forward rookies available, and even the ones we do have don’t seem to be good scorers, with the exception of Bailey Fritsch. We have two options.

We could panic and clog up our forward lines with uncertain keepers and mid-price risks, or we could have some faith that the Supercoach gods will deliver us what we need. I’m banking on the latter. Pending available rookies, this is the structure I’m gonna ride all the way to $50,000. Wish me luck, I’ll need it.

NOTES

The keen eyes amongst you wiill  notice I don’t have any rookies exceeding $123,900. Every year I pick the cheaper rookies, as I generally see more upside in them despite potential point output. The money you save in not selecting top-tier rookies can be spent on making sure your premiums are the best of the best. Job security can be an issue, but I’m happy to cull cash cows early if they show signs of slowing down.

Round 14 terrifies me. I only have 6 keepers currently playing in that round, so I’m well and truly up a well-known creek with no paddle. I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it, though.

So there it is, community. My team for the 2018 season. Pick it to pieces if you like, but just know that I’m very high-D Choleric, and enjoy arguing just for the sake of arguing, so the only opinion I generally like is my own. Still, I encourage you to voice your opinions!

Good luck for 2018, community!

Connor · 17/03/2018 at 15:20

I swear team reveals just confuse me more… Like the Mundy selection alot! Savage at D4 looks great but unsure it warrants selecting Lycett (gotta take risks to win though)

Carleton · 21/03/2018 at 15:35

I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Froglet · 17/03/2018 at 15:23

At least it is different.
You need a mid/fwd on your mid bench because you have five mid forwards so put Garlett in the mids.
I am having problems not selecting the dearer rookies too but will be selecting two knowing they won’t make me as much cash but they will get a regular game and make some cash. No good having a $117 rookie not getting a game.
IF Lycett gets a handful of games before Nit Nat fully takes ove you will be ok but?

Borko · 17/03/2018 at 15:26

I like the Lycett-Armitage mid price combo (although neither are in my team ATM). If Lycett fails it does give you an exit plan … Arm down to rookie, Lycett up to Nank (just need about $30k in the bank). Team is fairly well balanced … could shift some resources from def to fwd to make most of rookies

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 15:52

This is a unique team. Much better than seeing one cookie cutter team after another. I've personally gone cold on Lycett. If Vardy was out for minimum half the season I'd be be more interested. I'd have a plan B if Fritch isn't named. He's battling with Bugg & Hannan for one spot. I didn't think much of his defensive pressure in the JLT either. Only 4 tackles in 2 games has me concerned he might not be the certainty everyone thinks he is. And if he doesn't kick goals he won't score. I have Fritsch at F7 & no Fwd rookies onfield. Good luck Post

Connor · 17/03/2018 at 16:29

Pieman what does your team look like!!?! Assuming Christenson at F6 – must've gone short somewhere else??

Dani · 17/03/2018 at 16:32

He won't tell u much, never see his team posted

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 16:49

I've never posted my team & never will. I play in cash leagues & I compete against many fine warriors on this site. But I will say that if the rookies role they way I hope they will I will skimp in defence. Sub 200k rookies will role out after D2 M6 R2 F6. Not a secret formula. Might work might not. Seeing post my teams is interesting. But it's how you use your 30 trades during the season that defines whether your season is successful or not

Claire · 17/03/2018 at 17:22

Pie you are a wise man and no wonder you do well in SC. Do you have an opinion on why Rance is not popular. Is it his price or that he doesn’t average highly.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 17:38

Hi Claire. I know your new to the game. All key position players regardless of forwards or defenders fluctuate in price like no other players. Rance, Buddy, JJK etc can go anywhere between 30 & 200 on any given day. And as a result when they have a bad game they plummet in price. And that will happen to Rance. You will be able to pick him up for much cheaper during the season. Buy low sell high is the name of the game. It's the stock market of footy

Claire · 17/03/2018 at 18:10

Oh, I have Buddy, Hurley and Ruffhead so I better change for flanker types. There is so much to learn in this game. Are worrying about the round 14 bye or do you just have a half eye on it.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 19:21

As part of your education Claire you should experience some key position players & go through the turmoil the rest of us have. Round 14 is 14 rounds away. Much will happen in that time. Trade with the byes in mind. You will use probably around 20+ by that time

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:49

Apparently Rance thinks about quitting AFL 10 times a day…so maybe his heart's not in it anymore like it should be.

Canasta · 17/03/2018 at 17:30

Yes Pieman. It is on the trading floor that is VIP because many teams are the same at the start of SC.
        So, you have a well tried recipe. 15 premiums and 15 rooks under $200K. Certainly premiums are $500+ but surely you must have 2-3 players (or more) in the mid to high $400’s or is that asking you too much?

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 21:19

No recipe Canasta. Certainly a mixed bag. Each should work it out for themselves. There is no right or wrong answer to start

Lazza · 17/03/2018 at 20:10

Where did you finish in 2017?

Canasta · 17/03/2018 at 21:10

568th

Rick Grimes · 17/03/2018 at 16:31

I'm also going deep in forward line. I feel that's where rookies will be hard to fiind. Plenty of def rooks and really, most will give you 70 points vs 95-100 for a premo. Doesn't seem worth it to overspend . Use that money to get an ultra premo mid who can clock 120-130. That's my thinking anyway.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 16:55

Agree Rick

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 16:50

I’m thinking Venables WCE will get a game round 1 and go quite well getting some time in the guts.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 17:07

Venables doesn't get enough of the ball

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:48

Ryan could be the same though..not getting enough of it, and Fritsch might not even start aargh.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 18:53

Ryan will play forward, Venables should get midfield, if he plays

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 11:56

Does use it well thou.

Corey · 17/03/2018 at 16:35

Tom Mitchell or Josh Kelly

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 16:48

Titch

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:53

Can't go wrong with either really Corey…Titch was really hard for me to get into my side last year when I didn't start him, he's such a disposal king he gets a lot of tons, just not big tons like Danger does..but he's very consistent, which means his price doesn't drop much.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 18:59

Hawks have no depth in there midfield so Mitch should get it a lot. Decent ruckman.

Kelly does have plenty of competition in the GWS team, but is in a better team. Doggy rucks at GWS

I would go TMitch

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 16:46

Cheers Posty nice write up enjoyed it but forward rookies is the downfall of the team .Garlett Fritsch Poholke and Ryan are all risky big time I am in the Pieman.s camp on this one Even a rookie F 6 scares me. At a minimum I would have a mid price forward for savage and maybe the pies defender mihocek , keeping to your sub 123 policy , at a minimum and try to squeeze Bell or Bundy in But definitely not cookie cutter and probably too risky for mine Cheers

Spag301 · 18/03/2018 at 09:19

Tom Bell or Allen Christensen?

John · 17/03/2018 at 17:22

i love the Duncan and Mundy picks i'm going the same in the forward line (2 rookies) it's a big risk but i'm happy with my overall team

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:38

I noticed 1% of coaches have selected Docherty and Williams in their sides this year…there's some PODs right there!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 17:55

Better luck next year.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:06

Intelligent Autopick..ain't too intelligent lol.
      Don't know why SC don't strike these guys off the list if they're out for the whole season.

Tyruddanaut · 17/03/2018 at 21:03

Not on the long term injury list

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 21:37

Williams will play later

Ben · 17/03/2018 at 17:41

boys will billy longer be st kildas number 1 ruckman ?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:46

Not sure Ben he was last season but Hickey is challenging, they're both a bit shite really, not consistent enough to consider.
    Longer is listed as a 'Test' for a hip injury too.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 21:36

I watched interview with saints coach about 3 weeks ago who said if they were to play now, hickey would be ahead

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:40

A bit sad how we haven't been able to find a decent Ruckman since McEvoy left..need someone more consistent than both those guys.

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:10

Yes if Billy remains on the park. Hickey didnt show much last year.

Mark · 17/03/2018 at 17:49

who is the better option out of naughton oshea and coffield? is going with 2 or all of them a good or bad idea?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:03

Hey Mark, some people have been saying only pick the lower priced Rookies, to generate more cash, but I think having a few of the higher priced ones in there could be essential.
    Naughton's job security is even better now with Marcus Adams going down with an ankle injury for 10 to 12 weeks.
    Andrew Brayshaw in my opinion, is too good to pass up, could even end up being this year's Oliver of last season.
    You may save money by only getting cheap rooks in but will they keep their job long enough to make you enough money to upgrade?
    Naughton and Brayshaw will, maybe Coffield too, and he has valuable DPP status.

Not sure about O'Shea, last time he averaged anything even half decent was 2013 and 2104 (74).

Mark · 17/03/2018 at 18:16

cheers for the insight Rusty, I have mills as my D3 hoping for him to have a big season. I was considering brayshaw and might trade kreuzer to nank for some coin to slot him in at D4.

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 18:55

Spot on Russty Naughton and Brayshaw though expensive are a must have Don't know so much for RAYNER

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 19:00

Yo Neil, yeah Rayner was surprisingly disappointing in the JLT, could still surprise us all by ending up good but how many number 1 draft picks do though?…so much pressure.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 12:00

Needs to build his tank.

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:12

Naughty better job security. OShea may not start round 1 and not entirely sure Coffield is guaranteed a rd 1 gig yet.

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:13

Naughton not naughty….freudian slip lol

Doug · 17/03/2018 at 17:49

JOM (M7) and Ryder or Cripps (M7) and Lycett?

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 20:38

Hell Doug you are going real deep in that midfield. Bit concerned about ur forward line. How many forward rookies you plan on having onfield come rd1?

Doug · 17/03/2018 at 21:07

My team is really good. Cripps at M7 might be a bit deep.
      Laird Hibberd Naughten Doedee Murray Finlayson – Murray Mihocek
      Dangerfield Kelly Oliver Merrett Fyfe Parker Cripps Holman – Barry Kelly Banfield
      Gawn Lycett – Haynes
      Heeney Billing’s Smith Petracca Christensen Frisch – Ryan Venables

$100 left over
      Should I upgrade my ruck and down Cripps to JOM/ Armitage?

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 21:56

I like doug. Amazed how you have fit all these players in with the salary we have. Awesome stuff. Imo keep Cripps at M7 as your team will be different to most others

TommyC99 · 18/03/2018 at 00:58

You need to be leaving a lot more cash than that

sc tragic · 18/03/2018 at 10:21

Murray will be busy. maybe another. rookie on the bench

John · 17/03/2018 at 18:40

Which 2 do you select between

Brayshaw, Dow and Brodie and why?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:57

If you mean Andrew Brayshaw, he's my pick of the 3…just gets heaps of the ball, has the body ready to go, Dow went missing in his last JLT game, and Brodie's in a crap team.
    Reckon Freo will do much better this year than the last few.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 19:06

Brodie’s JS is the best.

Has less competition, hall will be missing first couple of weeks, he is best bet

David · 17/03/2018 at 18:48

I'm looking for one more premo midfielder and I'm not sure who to get. Right now I have Titch, Kelly, and Fyfe. I'm between Pendlebury, Merrett, Crouch, Oliver and Zorko. Do people think that Pendlebury can get back to his best? He obviously had a disappointing last year, but in the past he has been a points machine.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:55

Hi Dave, I'd say any one of those 4 after Pendlebury, could be wrong but my preference would be Oliver.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 19:36

Oliver will have a big year. This is his 3rd year, traditional breakout year for the elite players.

His TOG should increase this year, only 76% in 2017, that alone will put 5-10 pts on his score.

He will ‘rest’ forward this year like he was in the JLT and let him kick a few goals. Kicked 2 in the second JLT, all of last year he only kicked 4.

Big Max is back tapping it to him. Clean ball will allow him to kick it more this year, more points.

Lewis will be playing in defence, so less midfield time for him, plus it will free Oliver to go forward.

Oliver is a big lock

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 19:58

So he is a chance for the NORMIE derek

Trout · 17/03/2018 at 21:07

If the Dees made the Grannie Neil but they won’t this year until they toughen up. Fancy telling the coach that they don’t want to participate in a pre season training trip.
        I do however have Oliver in my team

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:15

I think they could this year Trout, they have the talent, and what a story that'd be…better than the Tigers of last year.

hedski · 17/03/2018 at 22:48

I like your rusty robot in the saints top best Russty. You keep changin ur avatar!

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 22:52

Hey hed, trying to figure out how to change pics….can be a bit of a pain lol

hedski · 17/03/2018 at 23:32

Ha ha.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:39

The whole…delayed reaction thing makes you doubt whether you did it right or not…wtf is that?…lol

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 22:51

is that trout from woodend tigers man?

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 21:12

I heard that Cyril wants to be the first Rioli to win 2.

Clayton · 17/03/2018 at 23:04

Where did you find that tog stat?

Lazza · 17/03/2018 at 20:15

Depends on what your objectives are.
    If you are looking for total points then Oliver or Crouch.
    If you are looking for game breakers who will give you the advantage over your mates .. then Zorko.

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 20:45

If there was no doubt Buckley was to play Pendles in the guts all year, he would be my first choice at his price but who knows what Buckley will do. I have Oliver in my side and left Kelly out. People have called me crazy for this but i feel my reasoning is sound. Oliver has a fit Gawn and Kelly no longer has big mummy. I see Kelly losing points because of this and Oliver gaining some with the help of Gawn.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 12:09

Ur right Holty as a pies supporter if Pendals played purely in the guts id consider but hes been used more as a utility.

David · 18/03/2018 at 14:00

Thanks for the comment, I'll stick away from Pendles then.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:06

Pendles value is in his disp efficiency was leading the pack for a bit last year. Talking 76% to 79% range. Yeah offering immense value but hasnt agreed who knows what Bucks doing. Should run the Rolls Royce in the mid, if were gonna get anywhere should run Sidey outta fwd pocket and keep Pendles where he does best, on the ball. Not a fan of playing him outta def he gets lost….

run the capt from the guts…

Big on Treloar + Pendles….last year was first year didnt start Pendles was very alienating when hitting those scores. Pendles and Swan worked well together, havent really seen that same prowess understanding with Treloar or Adams.

Youd expect Pendles to go over 110 to 115 for the year….i think Treloar to hit 110+ got robbed hard last year

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:10

*but i agree who knows what Bucks doing? Went at a pt a min in half game JLT2.

Was missing like most Pies JLT 1 but when put on the ball in last qtr was instrumental in a few clearances and getting involved in the only real fwd movements we had in that last. Was lost in defense.

gator59 · 17/03/2018 at 18:56

Thoughts on Mitch Wallis. Roughy and Lambert for fwd spot

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 19:18

Hey Gats, I actually like Roughy of those 3…he can have slow patches but traditionally is a strong finisher, he's in my fwd line.

gator59 · 17/03/2018 at 19:20

Yeh thinking the same Russty.. cheers mate

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 20:47

Roughy was one of my first picked this year. Not sold on the other 2.

POD Fiction! · 17/03/2018 at 18:59

What are peoples thoughts on L. Ryan? he's in my team atm as D3, just going with my gut from watching his jlt and his form last season.

Lazza · 17/03/2018 at 20:18

I’m tossing up between him and Hurley… lock Hurley in or go Luke and upgrade another line.
    I reckon he is a big chance for top 10 Def .. can he get to 5 or 6 … yes, but is it this year is the question.
    Worthy of consideration.

#66 2017 · 17/03/2018 at 22:01

Last year I watched Jones from swans, trusted my gut and put him in. Crouch was also in gut feeling and it paid off. Trust your gut. I also like the look of J. Thomas. Adams and pendles having stints off half back cause bucks can't coach. Thomas will go alright! Ryan can get the pill and marks like a man possessed, go with ya gut!

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 12:13

Thomas entered more centre bounces over the JLT for the pies definitely will improve 2nd yr back from suspension nice pod!

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:17

Got a feeling Luke Ryan's gonna be a gun Lazza, I'm starting him.

Leeds17 · 18/03/2018 at 10:46

Feels a little Tommy Sheridan like.

paul · 18/03/2018 at 10:54

I have finally gone with M Williams as my D3 after lots of homework. D1 Mc Govern , D2 Savage, D3 Williams,D4 O'Shea D5 Murray D6 Finlayson.Went Mc Govern as he has held off signing his contract.He wants more money, so he wants to play this guy.

John · 17/03/2018 at 19:16

With 220k, who is the most reliable F5?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:18

No one's reliable at that price, but you could try Paddy McCartin, he might average 70 if he doesn't get whacked in the scone again.

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 19:56

Mirra done a hammy iced up

gator59 · 17/03/2018 at 20:12

Nooooooo

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:16

Crap!..who do we put in now for him…Murphy from Adelaide…Mihocek?

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 20:35

Do you have a source because I can't find anything online. Unless you aren't referring to David Mirra

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 20:51

I read on hawks website that said he played well for Box Hill but finished the game with his hammy iced. Nothing more said

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 20:54

Ah thanks Derek I found it now. Damn gotta feel for the bloke after finally making it into the AFL. Hopefully it is nothing significant and he can play some games for the Hawks soon.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:17

Thought he might've got a start in round 1 too with Birch out for awhile…hope he gets a decent run this year…at 26, it could be his last chance.

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 00:03

There are a few ahead of him. Duryea, whitcross glass all got more JLT time than him. Not sure we will see him play.

I like Murphy from crows as a good chance to play at same price

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 22:53

Melbourne site practise game casey vs box hill iced up

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 20:48

This preseason just seems to get more depressing.

Scotty · 17/03/2018 at 21:03

From an avid Hawker, I’m sorry for the boy but he wasnt SC relevant for a few weeks anyway.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 20:30

The happy place is half full but still missing some big time JR players.

So I would to invite patch, BVC, Jock, swans 2012, SC addict, shake n bake, russty, rick grimes, dontblushbaby.

Hedski not sure what the great mans movements are in regards to SC as he has retired so as you gave up your spot last year you are next in line.

League code: 123493.

As there are only limited spots unfortunately the happy place is invite only.

Looking forward to the titanic battles again.
Bring your A game fellas.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:36

Hey Triggs, sorry mate but I'm already maxed out in my Leagues bud, I'm already in 2 or 3 with you I think so I'll look fwd to locking horns in there with you mate.
    Offer my spot up to a worthy opponent, plenty of good coaches in here 🙂

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 22:59

rusty this is the best competition you will ever get The Happy PLace is the ultimate one to win try to get in mate I was maxed out but pulled out of one of gators He understood

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:06

Thanks Neil, but I don't want to crap out on people I've already committed to mate.
        We're all in heaps of leagues together already, it's gonna be hard enough beating all of you guns!…especially with my team this year haha.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 20:49

Hey Trigg, I would be interested in joining if some spots free up, if not it's all good. Cheers

hedski · 17/03/2018 at 21:13

Cheers Trig, but I'm fully booked mate. 👍🍻

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 21:32

Im keen Trigga. Let me know if i qualify

dontblushbaby · 17/03/2018 at 22:03

I'm in Trig , cheers mate

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 22:10

We go aways back Holty.
      U can have russty's spot mate.

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 22:41

Im in trig. Cheers mate.

johnno2908 · 17/03/2018 at 22:52

I’m keen if you will have me. Finished 10th 2 years ago, around 1000 last year.

Rick Grimes · 18/03/2018 at 00:21

Cheers pal. I'm still struggling to put a team together. Seems a tricky year.

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 00:59

Get in there Rick…you'll work it out next week mate.

Finnius · 18/03/2018 at 10:05

If there are any spare spaces I would love to join

Borko · 17/03/2018 at 20:41

1. TMitchell (M1) + LParker (M5)
OR
2. DMartin (M1) + PCripps (M5)

Both look pretty good!

Also, is PAhern an option at F8 for Round 1 loophole (have Cameron at R3) … than will hopefully play later on.

seen_burns · 18/03/2018 at 01:04

Number 2. not sure if Ahern will get a game this year, if so it may be 1 or 2 later in the season.

Doc_1 · 18/03/2018 at 12:04

I’d go option 1.

Parker primed for a big one. Durable.
    Titch will give you consistent tons and your more likely to pick dusty up at a cheaper price later on than Titch. IMO.

I’m using Ahern as my starting loop (mid/forward is gold, and if he plays any time after byes will be a bonus saved trade).

Nick · 17/03/2018 at 20:47

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

DEF: Laird, McGovern, Coffield, Doedee, Murray, Finlayson, Keeffe, Mihocek
MID: Martin, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Parker, Walters, Brayshaw, Banfield, Kelly, Barry, Holman
RUC: Gawn, Nankervis, Olango
FWD: Heeney, Billings, McLean, Petracca, Sicily, Stephenson, Fritsch, Garlett

$100K left in the bank.

Ross · 18/03/2018 at 22:09

Start again or select AUTO FILL to get a much better team… To have $100k in the bank especially this season is ABSURD.

Russty_ · 19/03/2018 at 00:04

Bit harsh I think, don't see Nick's team doing a lot worse than a lot of other teams, and having 100k in the bank is a good thing.
      Nick, you could chuck Garlett in the mids for your fwd swinger or replace Walters with more of a traditional midfielder, underpriced pick like Coniglio, Libba, someone like that.
      Actually, you could just bring Walters forward and put Sicily back and leave Keefe in the fwd bench
      Seen a lot worse teams Ross, you might be judging a bit harshly.

Danielson · 17/03/2018 at 21:11

Brayshaw and Petracca OR Brodie and Mclean. Why would you pick one over the latter. Cheers community

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 23:37

Not a big fan of any of them.

Haven’t seen Brayshaw play, they say he goes pretty good but too expensive. Brodie has good JS and will do good, Hall out for a couple of weeks will help.

Not a big fan of McLean at his price. Won’t get enough midfield to score big. Too many other midfield slash forward types at the dogs.

Petracca will go ok but won’t be top 10, prefer Devon at that price as a possible keeper. I do like Melbourne’s draw and looking closely at Hogan to make better cash.

Danielson · 18/03/2018 at 00:17

Hi derek, all I need from mclean is about a 92+ average. He averaged 85 last year and is only bound to get better. Hell at least get to 90 and even so will finish as one of the top forwards for the year. Petracca is someone i’m hoping can break out this year and average 90. If he doesn’t he is one quick trade down to sicily or a sideways trade to walters or the likes after I free up some cash. I’d go with devon smith myself if I didn’t already have parish in my forward line. Parish is someone who has been locked in my team since supercoach was open. He was a top 5 pick and is more of a question of when he’ll breakout then if he’ll break out. He’s going to catch us off guard one of these years and average 90 and i’m hoping that this is his year. As an essendon supporter it could be a biased decision, however I definitely see him averaging higher then smith and getting more midfield time then smith.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:17

smith went to Ess on agreement wanted to play more midfield, they agreed and JLT centre bounce attendances he went to lots. 83sc jlt 2 with 5 frees against isnt bad….he was their best JLT 1

Rippedoff · 17/03/2018 at 21:27

Headsup for everybody.
Don't get sucked onto the heraldsun subscription scam. They promised 8-months of foxtelnow along with better analysis tools online readership etc for $41 pmonth paid in advance. Foxtel itself is 44 p/month so great deal I thought and signed up.
3-Days later HS send me an email to advise that my 8-months of foxtelnow ends on April 3rd. How is that legal?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:37

I'm gonna ring them tomorrow and find out wtf this is about. I don't use Foxtel now anyway, just wondering if Supercoach Gold or subscriber only articles changes?

gator59 · 17/03/2018 at 21:54

Same thing happened to me last season.. They reckon I subscribed for Foxtel which I didn't and it come down to changing my bank details so they couldn't take no more money….. By geez did we have a good old barney over the phone

Inteldesign · 17/03/2018 at 21:55

If all the footy happened to be free to air foxtel would be in a hole right now. Hate giving sharks my coin, but SC has too much sway. You could bite the bullet, or make a fuss. Good luck, but the sharks are circling.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:26

Foxtel must be losing millions from Netflix, with is much better and 20 times cheaper, and you can live stream it without having to bloody wait for it to download… if you're into TV shows and Movies, it doesn't have sport which is Foxtel's only saving grace, and fox still tries to charge money for old crap movies separately that were released 5 years ago..on demand. What a crap strategy.

They need to wake up and offer their customers value for a change.

John Barker · 17/03/2018 at 21:48

Thanks Rippedoff. I love SC but it is a real money grab. I buy the HS every day and have done for years but can’t get it delivered because of my job. I live/work in one place for three days and the other four days and those days vary! I enjoyed SC when I paid my $30 SC subscription and the money grab is one reason why SC is gradually decreasing in numbers. It was one 450K now it won’t reach 200K. Pity.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 22:49

ok

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 23:05

Big shout out this preseason to the community. Normally i do my own research and have a fair idea what my team will look like come r1. However, new job, 2 little boys (including a 10 month old) and moving house has made any chance of research very difficult. This community have dug me out of a hole however and although i had a fair idea of the premos i wanted to start, the community have pretty much selected all my rookies and convinced me to start Mclean and Smith. Cheers once again and good luck all to the upcoming season. Hopefully someone on this site takes out the $50,000.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:12

Same to you Holty good luck mate and hope you can get some sleep and get settled in soon mate, enjoy the season 🙂

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 23:29

Nice work Holty. Good luck for the season.

hedski · 17/03/2018 at 23:40

Good luck to you and your family Holty, I'm hearing ya bud, moved house as well over new years and got a young fella due in 3 weeks (hopefully mid week so I can get my vc picked).

Browncow · 17/03/2018 at 23:49

Amen to that Holty! Good luck this year.

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 23:54

Good luck with ur new arrival. Hope all goes well.

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 01:01

Good luck with your new little one Hedski, big congrats mate, that's great!

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 12:18

Alot to look fwd to Hedski!! Another pies supporter??!!

hedski · 18/03/2018 at 13:11

Ha ha, no pies supporters in my house Shake!!

Matt · 18/03/2018 at 00:02

While some are saying this is different I can’t see too many PODs really. The most stark ones are Hurley, Duncan and maybe D.Smith. The structure is pretty usual I feel for this year too.

I reckon a number of your rookie selections are stretching at best, definitely worth going over the rookie scores n TOG% for JLT1+2.

Also I reckon Mundy will spud it. His body is lingering, his quite rapid decrease looks to continue and averaging 90 or so (his likely average ceiling) all don’t make him a very convincing pick. Lycett is your own arsenic, if he gets picked he might do more damage to your team than if you get him as a loophole.

All the way on Hurley, Walters, Kelly etc Great picks who aren’t the total cookie-cutter types often getting overlooked but are by far the among cream of the crop (except Walters).

Savage is maybe your second worst pick. Reckon the guy has done nothing over his career to suggest he’ll ever have a really good season. Reckon he’ll flatline about 80 ave

Rick Grimes · 18/03/2018 at 00:16

Let's see your team.

Matt · 18/03/2018 at 21:38

You guys asked for my team here it is (for the moment at least):

DEF:
      M.Hurley, R.Laird, H.Hartlett, M.Williams, A.Brayshaw(MEL), S.Murray [Bench: Finlayson, Garthwaite]

MID:
      T.Mitchell, Z.Merrett, Fyfe, Parker, Cogs, Armo, A.Brayshaw(FRE), D.Barry [T.Kelly, Banfield, Holman]

RUC:
      P.Ryder, S.Martin [Bench: D.Cameron]

FWD:
      C.Wingard, M.Walters, J.Caddy, T.Bell, D.Fogarty, Fritsch [Bench: Keefe, Giles-Langdon]

And people I'm strongly considering working in: Beams, Zorko, J. Kelly, Rockliff, C.Dixon, H.Bennell, Taberner, Cripps, Oliver, Heeney

So strike away

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 00:27

"His body is lingering"?…what does that mean, he has B.O and it's lingering in the air?..he floats around like lingering fragrances?
    Lol..He may be 32 mate but he's still capable of a 90 to 95 average, and that's more than enough to be a good forward these days.
    Agree with you on Savage though…he's fool's gold and could end up really bad, but..he could also have a Roberton year and have his best year, (even though Roberton fell away after a good start) all depends on his attitude as that's what has been holding him back…(why he was dropped for so long last year)…but Savage hasn't exactly proven himself in 9 years.

You talk a big game so why don't you show us your team?

Wow · 18/03/2018 at 10:14

Show us your team rusty and grimes.

paul · 18/03/2018 at 11:40

Time will tell on savage however he had a great backend of last year and a 129 average JLT .I think he has turned the corner and it's all full steam ahead this year.Worth the risk i feel.

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 00:13

Any Hawks fans know how far away Ceglar is? He did ACL in same game as NicNat. Heard he has had some back issues. Doesn’t look like Pittinet is ready for AFL yet and we know that the Hawks love the 2 ruckmen.

Will affect Big Boy

Ceglar is a good cheap option, but I don’t think is will play very soon?

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 00:32

Hey Derek, afl.com.au injury update says he's 4 weeks away, cheers.

Browncow · 18/03/2018 at 00:33

There was an article in HS last week saying he was good to go. Maybe the knee is right and back has gone in the meantime. Might have been handy waiting for Kreuzer / Ryder mid year.

Jordan · 18/03/2018 at 00:16

Can someone please convince me to pick patty Cripps, he fits my bye round structure so well but I don’t think he is capable of becoming a premo.
Also thoughts on libba?

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 00:54

Hey Jordan, he's definitely capable of becoming a premo….the guy has a lot of talent, i had him for a few years when he first started, he already has been in 2016 ( averaging 107) and could've backed it up in 2017 if he didn't break his leg. (97)
    Libba, you'd have to believe the hype the media's been saying about him…"he's training the house down"…blah blah, but will he lose interest and average 79 again?…I wouldn't want to gamble on that.
    He had a brilliant start the last few seasons but then fell away…not what we need from a mid.

INPieman · 18/03/2018 at 08:20

If I don't start Danger then Cripps is on the shortlist as a replacement. The addition funds is very useful. The Dogs have too many mids. So Libba is a big risk

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:16

Cripps is a gun but Im gambling on Libba. Think he is back to his best after an insipid 2017. Footy is a great teacher think he might have learnt a lot.

Jordan · 18/03/2018 at 00:19

Parker or Cripps

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 01:00

Cripps higher ceiling I reckon.

Leeds17 · 18/03/2018 at 11:00

Toss of coin really, Parker's DE% hurts him, Cripps' tendency to handball & FKA hurt him. despite being much shorter Parker is a more dynamic forward when he rotates through there Cripps is good when he drags a mid forward for a mismatch but see nothing to suggest he can beat a real defender.

Parker's big scores usually come with high 30s disposals &/or multiple goals, Cripps usually clearances and tackles.

Have a good hard look at their 2016 seasons I think that will point you in the right direction.

paul · 18/03/2018 at 11:27

Parker he ON for 2018.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 18/03/2018 at 12:23

Usually both slow starters but Cripps was always injured coming into the season proper. This yr it looks to me hes up and running if Kruzz is right rd 1 hes in for me. Cripps could easily be a top 10mid.

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:17

Horse is saying Parker will play mids and forward but then again Cripps probably will too.

NoLanguage · 19/03/2018 at 01:27

Both

seen burns · 18/03/2018 at 00:53

Does anyone want to join a casual league? If so come join 281213!

Spag301 · 18/03/2018 at 09:20

Allen Christensen or Tom Bell? Or are they both traps? Really struggling for decent forward line rookies.

Cheers Community

David C · 18/03/2018 at 10:03

Bell looks like he will score more but Christo has better job security. I would have liked to see how Bell went with Beams in the team so still a question mark there.

Leeds17 · 18/03/2018 at 11:02

Christensen can get you an 80+ average from HF role with minimal midfield time, Bell can't, if you can find some certainty that Bell is going to be a 70%+ mid he's not a bad pick, i can't find that certainty personally.

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 15:11

Christensen is a good player. Has the ability to be top 10 forward, seriously he does.

Wow · 18/03/2018 at 16:33

Maybe 5 years ago derik

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 16:39

He still has a lot of ability. We have all forgotten how good he was going to be

He is a steal at $267k

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:19

Traps imo prefer Bell to Christensen.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:21

Bell had 11 tackles JLT? big unit

David C · 18/03/2018 at 09:24

Armo played inside in JLT1 but didn't do so well in JLT2. There was talk of him spending time in the forward line. I think he will be a bust.

paul · 18/03/2018 at 11:21

He is going to make some nice cash for me so don't you miss the ATM now.

dontblushbaby · 18/03/2018 at 09:27

Andrew McGrath in 12% of Teams where as Callum Mills is only 5%,I would have thought more ,am I missing something ? Any Bombers supporters know if McGrath expected to get more Mid time ?

seen_burns · 18/03/2018 at 10:23

McGrath has been playing more mid time, and is expected to be given more, but McGrath seems a bit more riskier now since Marty Gleeson went down, that could potentially mean a little more back time for McGrath, Mills is sort of a trap I fell for him last year.

gator59 · 18/03/2018 at 10:28

On an interview with him he said he's gunna go through the midfield more often this year

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 12:40

I look at McGrath as Mills Mk2.

High draft, rising star winners, playing half back, just waiting for their time to come in the guts.

Last year Mills was only second year and in hindsight was too early to breakout. 3rd year is when the elite have their breakout year, so I am very keen on him this year and have him in my team.

He has trained a lot with the midfielders although more as a defensive mid. I can see him becoming a part of the midfield depending on who they are playing and if he is needed in defence. Therefore he is still likely to have a few 70’s, but he will also have a few 100+.

McGrath is only 15k cheaper, and doesn’t look good value.

Anyone who is considering Lloyd should seriously look at Mills. I see similar output for $75k cheaper.

Mr.Brightside · 18/03/2018 at 14:49

VG rationale Derek,that was similar to my thinking with Mills , I believe the team ownership is the wrong way around imo

HarryH · 18/03/2018 at 14:54

Yep got to say I didn't go with Oliver last year and it cost me. But look at history- how many 2nd year players break out like that? Off the top of my head, I can't think of another example.

I'm a Bombers man but just can't pick McGrath. Watch him now avg 100!

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 15:05

Maybe Oliver will really breakout this year!

dontblusbaby · 18/03/2018 at 15:15

He's locked and loaded in my team this year Derek

dontblusbaby · 18/03/2018 at 15:06

Thanks for everyones input, I believe you just have to play the percentages, I agree with Dereks info which is based on precedence , Oliver was one out the bag and I missed out him also

A lot comes down to a gut decision, opinions are like bums, we all have one, Good Luck to all

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:25

McGrath doesnt do enough for mind just yet.

Sydney have upto 12 players theyre gonna run through midfield apparently. Read it somewhere this morning????

Id go Mills over McGrath but he did get better as year went so was a sleeper…

paul · 18/03/2018 at 10:41

Good luck

JDP · 18/03/2018 at 11:43

Sicily or Tracca?

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 12:44

Truck for mine. Sicily will do well but given he takes angry pills will give plenty of free kicks again which will eat at his score.

redherringfc · 18/03/2018 at 12:09

Is anyone going Kreuzer to start the season? I know he’s pretty expensive and listed as a test for round 1, but barring injuries aren’t we looking at Gawn and Kreuzer being 1 and 2 come years end? Picking him now saves a trade and most other options seem to have a lot of risk.

Defying_Madness · 18/03/2018 at 12:35

If he plays I am pretty sure I am starting him. He will be top 2 come years end and I don't even think he is that overpriced so I will just lock him in now.

redherringfc · 18/03/2018 at 13:13

is you backup plan Lycett? i’m starting to think i’ll just go Kreuzer and if he misses round 1 so be it. I see negatives for pretty much every ruck besides Gawn.

Defying_Madness · 18/03/2018 at 14:00

If he misses I will take Ryder or Nank

Finnius · 18/03/2018 at 13:40

Lock for me.

Pantelis · 18/03/2018 at 12:23

shane savage or jake lloyd???????????

Dos · 18/03/2018 at 13:19

Savage. He averaged over 100 in the second half of last season and looks as though he will be taking that rebounding defender role going into this year.

Defying_Madness · 18/03/2018 at 14:11

Not a fan of either but would go Lloyd of those two

Mr.Brightside · 18/03/2018 at 12:31

Not starting with Danger if not named, do I go with a Rookie – Brayshaw or Brodie and left with 140k or go with JOM or Armitage ? thoughts please,Thanks

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 12:46

I think JOM will do well this year given a full preseason. Armitage will have some good games but with Steven, Dunstan, Acres, Billings, etc there is more competition in the mids.

DacZawson · 18/03/2018 at 14:27

I’d go for a rookie

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 12:43

Interesting team and very different to those people including me who are going weaker in defence. Interesting comments by the Swannies saying that Mills will play more midfield this year. Anyone thinking of him at his bargain base price?

neil Demons Delight · 18/03/2018 at 12:50

Whit field is an interesting player A new role has him similar to the Shaw role. Giving him plenty of thought could even replace DANGER and bank the 200k ready for the danger return Problem is the cost of a trade

Paul · 18/03/2018 at 13:03

You need to look at Mitch Duncan’s backend last year 122 average last 10 games.Also He will cover the last minute change if Danger is taken out then.

Paul · 18/03/2018 at 13:05

Plus more points with Danger out.

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 13:30

He would be a lock if he had defender status.

Dos · 18/03/2018 at 12:53

Thoughts on Caleb Marchbank at D4?

redherringfc · 18/03/2018 at 13:48

His numbers from last year indicate he could push to be there abouts. If he cracks it then he averages 90 or so and you save 100 to 150k on a known premium. If he stinks it up like last year then you hopefully make a bit of cash and then waste a trade.

I’d suggest either spend the extra $$ on a trusted premium or go with a rookie.

Music Download · 18/03/2018 at 13:14

get music

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 13:50

No thanks

click bait · 18/03/2018 at 14:00

where do I click?

Russty_ · 18/03/2018 at 21:30

No 🙂 already got it.

pod · 18/03/2018 at 14:08

Which way is the way to go?

I start Cox at R2 with a 500k mid at M6
or
Nank R2 and JOM M6

DacZawson · 18/03/2018 at 14:25

Nank

Defying_Madness · 18/03/2018 at 14:46

How about Kreuzer and a rookie in the mid?

pod · 18/03/2018 at 15:16

If Kruezer didn't have a set back I would pick him. He's injury history concerns me. He had a good year last season but prior to then he was in and out of the team regularly.

Derek · 18/03/2018 at 15:00

Cox is interesting. I would have him at F5 with a Lycett or Cameron at R2 and a cheap DPP at R3.

Depending on who plays first, gives you chance to swing Cox to R2 if Lycett/Cameron does poorly. You might need a solid Mud/Fed dpp as well

pod · 18/03/2018 at 15:18

I'll definitely consider your advice cheers Derek.

dontblusbaby · 18/03/2018 at 16:14

I have Tracca at F5 and I'm very happy with it, but It's tempting with Cox , especially with only a BE off 55, I currently have Gawn / Nank & O'lango , nice scenario Derek, decisions with the Ruck has been my biggest pain

Marty · 18/03/2018 at 19:27

How is Cox's job security? Only played 9 games last year. Seems a huge risk but could pay off.

Andrew Mcleod · 18/03/2018 at 17:51

I think you are destined for failure with that starting team

dontblusbaby · 18/03/2018 at 18:39

Andrew,feel free to post your team anytime soon

Wadey · 18/03/2018 at 19:15

DEF: laird, Mcgovern, Mills, sicily, Angus Brayshaw, sam Murray (Doedee, mihocek)
MID: dusty, titch, Fyfe, Walters, Libba, Petracca, Andrew Brayshaw, Banfield (kelly, Finlayson, Holman)
RUCK: Goldstein, Gawn (cameron)
FWD: Mundy, j Cameron, d Smith, Impey, t Bell, Fritsch (Keeffe, l Ryan)
Feedback is welcome! 7.8k in bank.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:32

few unknowns there…

No point in having Walters, Petracca, Libba in mid as they wont finish top 10 mids…youll have to burn those trades to premos.

Theyd go much better as fwds, as Cameron, impey and bell will require upgrades as might Munday….

Avoid midprice madness unless they keepers or easy stepping stones like JOM + Armo who can go 90 to 110

KKP · 18/03/2018 at 20:16

Thoughts on Mills or Sicily would be greatly appreciated

dontblushbaby · 18/03/2018 at 21:07

Mills

Doc_1 · 19/03/2018 at 10:07

Lads,
Thoughts on Whitfield v Parker V Cripps for M5??

Sc_Wow · 19/03/2018 at 10:27

Whitfield could break out and score similar scores to the Shaw of old. Parker is proven in avg 110+, looks at where he went poorly last year and access why this was. Cripps TOG time has been high his whole career, will need to improve his disposal numbers or goal kicking to score much higher than he has in the past.
    I’d back either Whit or Parker and set yourself apart from the Cripps pack

Doc_1 · 19/03/2018 at 14:03

Thanks Wow
      I had gone Whitfield but was wondering if I was missing a trick overlooking Cripps. Nice to know I’m not totally mad

Sc_Wow · 19/03/2018 at 10:24

Seems like you’ve invested your money from picking Lycett into defence, with the Hurley and Savage picks, as your midfeild isn’t very deep and your fwd line is very thin.
Not sure about this as there are plenty of solid defensive rookies, Hurley is set to drop in price and Savage is quite an expensive risk. If you go with Lycett I’d be putting in 6 premo mids and going deeper in the forward line.

Post_MaSloane · 19/03/2018 at 11:13

Thanks for the input, Wow. My reasoning behind that is that for me, I believe the backline is the easiest line to predict the top 8. Savage may not be there but the other 3 will. With the midfield, there are plenty of absolute uber-premos, and in the forward line, that is too tricky to even take a guess at. I'd prefer to lock in my top 6 defence selections and work the rest out as I go

murray · 19/03/2018 at 14:10

Here is my final team guys, any comment or criticism welcome

Laird, Lloyd, Naughton, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (L Murphy Mihocek)

Mitchell, Martin, Kelly, M Crouch, Fyfe, Bontepelli, Coniglio, A Brayshaw (Banfield T Kelly, Holman)

Gawn, Nank (Olango)

Heeney, Billings, Mclean, Petracca, Keefe, Fritsch (Ryan, Narrier)

Thoughts please

Doc_1 · 19/03/2018 at 14:36

Bonner (D3) and Buddy (F1)
V
McGrath (d3) and Petracca (F4)

Think McGrath/tracca will outscore, but may both need upgrades v buddy a lock.
Have laird and mills at d1/2.

AB13 · 19/03/2018 at 17:09

Current team thoughts please… 2.5K left

Laird, Hibberd, McGovern (WCE), Brayshaw (MEL, Mid), Coffield (Mid), Murray, Keeffe (Mid), Mihocek

Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Oliver, Merrett, Coniglio, Jaeger, Brayshaw (FRE), Holman, Finlayson (Def), Fogarty (Fwd)

Gawn, Draper, Olango

Heeney (Mid), Smith, Petracca (Mid), Christensen, Rayner, Fritsch, Ryan, Narrier

My issues and reasons …

McGovern, toss up between him and Sicily not sure what to do there?

Keep Danger despite his high price and potential round 1 unavailability or downgrade to Rockliff who has been locked in, and then use that money to upgrade Draper to Hickey?

I'd like to fit Walters in my FWD line, but I just cant make it fit.

Angus Brayshaw, JOM, Coniglio, Christensen have all been picked with a view on their undervaluation. Current prediction suggests 1790 ish but without Danger and with Rockliff and Hickey its more 1830 ish.

Doc_1 · 19/03/2018 at 17:18

Need to get a 2nd ruck that will play. Draper no chance.
    Cheapest option I’d consider is Lycett.

Need to downgrade one of McGovern/Brayshaw, Coniglio/Jom to create the cash for an upgrade.

AB13 · 19/03/2018 at 21:46

Who should I downgrade McGovern to? Sicily?

Russty_ · 19/03/2018 at 19:23

No offence Ab, but forget about Draper and Hickey and get a decent R2.

AB13 · 19/03/2018 at 21:47

I traded Dangerfield down to Rockliff and brought in Hickey, do you know any better alternatives?

Russty_ · 19/03/2018 at 23:39

You should probably get Danger back in mate, he will probably play this week, and consider Nankervis, Goldy maybe?…you might need to trade someone else out to get em in. Better to start with 2 good rucks. Forget any Saints rucks.

AB13 · 20/03/2018 at 10:10

I downgraded Mcgovern to Sicily, upgraded Hickey to Ceglar and upgraded Rockliff to Kelly (GWS). I'd like Danger but I think his 750K will fall early so I might be able to upgrade in a few weeks.

Russty_ · 21/03/2018 at 02:07

Ceglar won't play for awhile AB, get someone like Nankervis, Goldy, Jacobs if money is an issue.

Fish · 19/03/2018 at 22:01

Anyone interested in playing in a cash league?

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask, but my mates and I have had the same league for the past 8 years and always finish top 3-10%. We've lost 2 of our members and are obviously stressed with only 2 days left to fill- hence reaching out to the Jock Reynolds community.

It's $106 buy-in ($6 from each person goes to supercoach ring- https://www.supercoachchampion.com.au/products/20

PM [email protected] if interested.

Russty_ · 19/03/2018 at 23:36

Try posting this in the new podcast thread.