I don’t think my team has gone an hour without me at least looking at it. When the team picker dropped for previous gold subscribers, I think I made a team every day just to see how I could spend the money. As days went on, I changed the line-up less and less, but I was never happy. I needed the JLT series to come around to answer my questions.

It came, it went, I still had questions.

But it answered most of the ones I needed answering.

Without further ado, my team:

DEFENCE:

Laird and Hibberd speak for themselves. Lock them in, they’ll be top 6 defenders again, they’ll be in your team by the end of year even if they aren’t now.

I’ve gone for four rookies on the field. O’Shea, hoping he gets the call up for the game against Richmond, along with Doedee, Murray and Finlayson, all of whom have all but been selected for round 1.

Keeffe provides me a swing between the forward line and the backline, and Mihocek seems like the obvious choice Bucks will choose to play in place of Goldsack.

MIDFIELD:

News was revealed that Dangerfield is still in the mix for round 1, after a low grade hamstring tear.

I feel like he’s more likely to play round 2, but I’m not going to stress over him missing for one game. Dustin Martin and Tom Mitchell were hard to leave out, so I made the decision to start them. Their ability to score is too hard to ignore, and too hard to predict a fall in price.

Josh Kelly will remain a top 8-10 midfielder, and I don’t see any reason why Zach Merrett can’t be a top midfielder this year. Nat Fyfe is highly likely to return to that set of players as well.

Brayshaw and Holman are my on field rookies. They’re probably the safest of all the rookies I have selected, and given what they produced during the JLT series, you can make the strong assumption they’ll play in the engine room, and score decently.

RUCK:

Gawn, because everyone has Gawn, and why shouldn’t you?

I think Nankervis will be a lot better this year. There is no reason why he can’t get into the top 6 ruckmen this year. His endurance will be better this year, even if only marginally, and the way he plays means it doesn’t matter if he gets beaten in the ruck.

His work around the ground is second to none, as a ruckmen, while Tony Olango is my loophole option.

FORWARD:

No “premiums” in the strict sense of the word, but I believe I have 4 players in my forward line who could leap into premium status, or get around the mark. James Sicily is my spiritual D3, but because of the terrible rookie options in the forward line this year, he has been swung using Keeffe to make him my F4.

Matt Taberner, hear me out, the Dockers players look for him now. With Fremantle likely to use him as a secondary ruckmen, he’ll go through the middle every so often. If we are to use his JLT series to back up his selection, he was ranked 1st for marks, 1st for contested marks, 3rd for goals and 4th for goal assists.

Fritsch and (Giles-)Langdon are probably the better of the dismal forward rookies, while I believe Jarrod Garlett will make a return to the Blues side after missing the second JLT game with a sore shoulder.

So that’s my side, community – what do you think? Have I got it right?

Wow · 16/03/2018 at 11:54

Is this a joke?

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:35

No this is pretty much my team

Wow · 16/03/2018 at 16:02

O’shea at D3 looks great…

Paul · 16/03/2018 at 20:34

Especially since he won't play round 1.

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 20:38

What makes you so sure of that Paul?

Rabbits16 · 17/03/2018 at 08:56

Show us your team wow? Please give a thought-out reason for each player too please as Damo has outlined

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 10:25

He doesn't have to show anyone his team. Revealing everything as you've requested is optional. Remember the aim of the game to many is to win the big prize.

Rabbits16 · 18/03/2018 at 14:49

i wanna see his team so i can just come out and call it a joke without any explanation

Wow · 17/03/2018 at 17:59

Not going to show my team rabbit.
      However my opinion on this side is, O’Shea is a nothing pick, Tab is a nothing pick. There seems to be a lot of money pumped into a midfield where there is plenty of value. If my defence was that thin I’d be wanting a more proven ruckman than nank.

nankthetank · 18/03/2018 at 12:28

I completely agree Wow, 'nothing picks' sums it up perfectly.
        Not to mention playing 4 mid pricers in the forward line is just asking for trouble.
        However I like the backline and midfield a lot, so if the forward line somehow works out then Damo will be a very happy coach this year.

Rabbits16 · 18/03/2018 at 15:00

Decent explanation. O'sheas prices reflects his nothingness obviously but will generate some $ given the chance. id prefer to dig up the money to put into Weitering at D3 considering Dochertys out. Rucks a bit tricky this yr but im not against nank as a stepping stone, he started solid last season can hold his money. like anyones team, it will change and need work but at least this blokes put it out there with some decent thought into it. Show us ya gutted rabbit champ

Wow · 18/03/2018 at 16:32

To me it just doesn’t seem like much thought is put into it. A defender is going to be needed to be upgraded pretty quickly. Don’t see o’shea Scoring that well resulting in not much cash being made. Tab is going to need to score very well to make any cash so are people picking him as a lock? I just see way too many in between picks in this team.
          I’ve gone 6 deep in midfield, have 3 premo defenders and Sicily at f5.

#66 2017 · 17/03/2018 at 11:02

The winner of 2018 everyone!

INPieman · 16/03/2018 at 12:01

I don't mind it. No way I'd pick Taberner. Can't see enough value in his price. The rest is pretty good

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 12:10

How's your team shaping up Pieman?

INPieman · 16/03/2018 at 12:15

Haven't settled on a final structure other than going very deep in the forward line. See what team sheets look like

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 12:18

All depends on who is named round 1 basically. You rolling with Danger?

INPieman · 16/03/2018 at 12:25

More than likely. Even if he misses round 1. He can still go very large playing in the forward line

leedy · 17/03/2018 at 01:16

If only Crouching One were about … three things about Taberner he would likely impart … TAB – punt, worth a risk, BERNER – avoid bern man but alas ERNER of points. He's in! …maybe.

fatboyfat7 · 17/03/2018 at 20:52

Mate your some sort of Shakespearean genius!

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:01

That he is Fatboy 🙂

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 12:08

Personally I'd go Taberner to rookie and upgrade either Walters, McLean to Heeney or Billings.

I feel you have 3 forward spots for premiums left, assuming Siciliy ends up down back. With that being said, the likes of Heeney, Menegola, Billings, Franklin I believe will average higher than those you have selected, thus one of these blokes will miss out.

Just my opinion anyway – others might not agree and that's entirely up to them.

SC_Kev7 · 16/03/2018 at 12:50

What rookie, BB? Ryan? Rioli? Tab beats them both. Bell is the only other option I can think of right now. Would’ve liked to see him with Beams in the team.

Can’t get on board with the 4 rookie backline, Damo. I understand the “that’s where the rookies are” line of thinking but it’s getting the four defensive downgrade options at the right time will make things tricky

Daz · 16/03/2018 at 13:07

Can you not downgrade a fattened mid or forward rookie and upgrade your defensive rookies to premium defenders when it becomes clear who they are?
      Defensive downgrades will also come along, so I dont see an issue with going light down back.

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 13:37

Ryan, Rioli, Stephenson, Waterman, Venables, Ahern – whoever get's named really.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 16/03/2018 at 15:20

Hoping for the velvet fog.

gator59 · 16/03/2018 at 17:12

Hi Trigga I have had to leave your Titch to Scratch league to join Trig's Happy place from last year

Hope this is not a concern for you putting someone else into the Titch league .. Cheers gator

Macca · 16/03/2018 at 17:54

Hi Trigga if there's a spot available in Titch to Scatch league i'm interested.
            Was in it last year ( Macca's Magic )

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 16/03/2018 at 22:50

If u have Titch jump in mate

631081

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:36

I like the choices, Taberner is a bit of a left field pick by high risk, high reward

sc tragic · 16/03/2018 at 13:20

Heavy in midfield, a bit light up forward. You must really trust Ross Lyon, a lot of Freo players in your side, otherwise not bad. I have same ruck structure ATM .

Kano · 16/03/2018 at 13:20

Elite midfield 💪🏼

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:36

Uber

Sana · 19/03/2018 at 16:57

Lottttta $$$$$

Brian · 16/03/2018 at 13:26

Too much risk in the forwards

GloryDays90 · 16/03/2018 at 13:29

Huge risks in that team. I would be playing more rookies in MID as their job security is so much better.

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:40

And not score 1000 per week, nup

Dann · 16/03/2018 at 16:07

Brodie is the only mid rook I see missing and he’s no certainty to be any good.

Dann · 16/03/2018 at 16:13

Barry at Port I guess but hearing he’s not a lock for R1 now

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 13:34

Don't understand why some people get so uptight about other people selecting players that they might not consider at all. It's nice to see some variation in teams, so good on you Damo.

I've been flirting around with a two premo defence as well but I'll likely go in to the season with 3, but if the defensive rookies can fire, you'll definitely have a clear edge over a lot of other squads.

While I don't believe Walters, McLean, Smith and Sicily are bad selections as such given all have rolled through my team some time this preseason, from a pure probability standpoint I find it highly unlikely that all 4 could be good selections in hindsight when we get to the end of the season. So maybe taking one of them out could reduce the amount of corrective trades needed if things don't go to plan.

Also a question for my team, what are people's thoughts on Charlie Dixon? In 1% of teams and he plays Freo, Brisbane, North, West Coast and the Suns in his first 9 games? And given he is in the forward line and not ruck, he should be easy enough to replace during his Round 10 bye

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 13:40

I like Westhoff better than Dixon but that's only my preference. Dixon could easily tear those teams apart and kick bags of goals.

SCDamien · 16/03/2018 at 15:18

Thanks mate!

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:43

I have considered all players at some point, to an extent. Even Wright, Matera and Harmes have been considered. A good POD is an extra 10 points imo

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:58

(Skip to the last paragraph if you just want the final verdict)
    Also , about Dixon, the first games of the year are about rookies, then about scoring. E.g. if you have a premium scoring 100+ in the first month and then drops 70s when it’s time for the end of the season, he’s a waste. Rookies who score low in the first half might gain 50k-80k but ones who score high, on occasion, can gain up to 300k.

Last year a good example was Nic Newman. He came out right at the end of the season and gained lots of cash while pumping out 100s. Although, it was the end of the season where people had 5, 6 or even 7 premium defenders, so most people just kept him and didn’t utilize his cash generation.

On the other end, Tony Nankervis and Luke Dahlhaus. I started with both these two, and when they averaged 110 off the first 5 games, I was thrilled. But come the finals time, they were scoring 70s and lost me my semi. In addition, I dropped 3000 spots in the final week because of their scores, (and a few other in a similar but not so dire situation)

Of course, you want to trade him by then. A 500k KEY FORWARD, who plays every game. Now the key forward part is in capitals because it’s tge part which matters. Dixon doesn’t always score in relation to the team. Some wins he scored sub 70 and some losses he scored 100+. If he doesn’t score as you hope and his inconsistency gets in the way, that’s an extra two trades. One for him and one for the rookie who compensated for the losses. So it’s a no for me

Pat · 16/03/2018 at 13:49

Don't mind the idea of 2 premo's in DEF, the rookies down there are very good and saves the headache of knowing which one to field! Not sure about starting with Dusty, Danger, Titch and Kelly as I think there's too much value to be had in MID this season. I'd pick two of them and look at Parker, Cripps, Coniglio and even Armo/JOM (ballsy). Could use that cash to upgrade Taberner to a premo like Billings or Heeney

ado · 16/03/2018 at 14:02

can i please have some thoughts on my side community?
136,800k in the bank
Laird, Hibberd, naughton, O'Shea, Doedee, Murray (Finlayson & Mihocek)
Danger, Titchell, Kelly, Zerret, Fyfe, Libba, Brayshaw, Kelly (Banfield, Barry, Holman)
Goldstein, Gawn (Cameron)
Billings, Lambert, mclean, Petracca, Daniel Lloyd, Fogarty (Fritsch & Ryan)

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:45

Personally, I’d trade Lloyd to a cheap option. He will score higher every week, but he might not have enough JS and potential cash gen. That’s what rookies his price are for isn’t it? As for rookies, Pickett’s.injury frees up a spot in the team for a small forward in the form of Garlett

ZerrettForPM · 16/03/2018 at 18:54

not a fan of that forward line or defence

The Ranger · 16/03/2018 at 14:37

Nice team Damo. Good luck mate.

Jeff · 16/03/2018 at 14:38

Thoughts on my team want feedback

B- Laird, Hibbered, Shaw, Naughton, Doedee, Murray (Finlayson, Mirra)
M- Dangerfield, Martin, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Cripps, Brayshaw, Kelly (Banfield, Barry, Holman)
R- Ryder, Gawn (Cameron)
F- Heeny, McLean, Smith, Stephenson, Giles Langdon, Fritcsh (Ahern, Ryan)

King · 16/03/2018 at 15:13

Don barry is playing in a stacked midfeild. Im not sure if his job security is that good.

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 15:15

Would downgrade one of your top line midfielders to a rookie and upgrade Ahern in the forwards to a premium to give the team a better balance.

John · 16/03/2018 at 15:19

Good team Damo the Taberner pick might pay off for you it's refreshing to see a non cookie cutter team I wish you all the best Damo

paul · 16/03/2018 at 17:27

He can take a grab and freo need a key forward .They will be looking for Taberner he will most definitely play a big part in there plans up forward as the need to kick more goals per game. I had my eye on him after JLT1 and after watching him in JLT2 he has been locked in my forward line.

paul · 16/03/2018 at 17:37

550 for a backman is too much they will need to average 110 and i can't see that so i have gone with the two back men that i feel may make it into the top six under 500 as my D1 and D2 .Laird and Hibberd will probably be in the top six and I will upgrade to them at a cheaper price.

paul · 16/03/2018 at 17:51

I think Bell is a really good option up forward too.He is my D5 with Fogarty D6 and Fritsch.Hoping Fog plays round one.Bell is a little up in price but this kid can play and he will make heaps of money.

paul · 16/03/2018 at 18:10

Also just on the loophole with Olango.I feel it is a better plan to make money first .I am running with Cameron first up as he may be the number one ruck for Sydney thus making money and bring in Olango later.

neil demons delight · 16/03/2018 at 18:53

You mean F 5/ 6

paul · 16/03/2018 at 19:36

Yes i do mean F5/6 .Happy with my team .I May change a couple of rookies when the teams are out.

Ollie · 16/03/2018 at 15:30

Brsyshaw wont play rd1. Brodie is the better pick imo.

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 15:59

That’s a laugh. He played around 80% in the JLT as an inside mid. That’s plenty enough

Derek · 16/03/2018 at 17:53

Hall will miss acouple of weeks. will help Brodie and Holman

Captain Risky · 16/03/2018 at 19:40

Two Brayshaws drafted this year. WC & Freo… One will play round 1 , the other not yet.

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 19:47

Which Brayshaw of the 3 are you referring to?..cause Andrew will be starting for sure.

Ricardo · 16/03/2018 at 15:55

Very nice team! Maybe swap a premo from MID to DEF. More $$ to be made in midfield. Otherwise I like it

Tyruddanaut · 16/03/2018 at 16:03

Dangerfield becoming a POD ت

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 20:41

Let them trade him out as much as they want, I'm happy to be in the minority that have him

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 22:34

The most critical thing last year with all coaches was the lack of trades left, I'm not gonna burn one on Danger` when he'll be right back, if he misses at all. Let's face it, we're all playing for leagues in the end and leagues don't start until round 3.

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:23

Only about 4 of 5 people play for leagues I find, the rest don't really enter them at all or might enter 2 or 3 at most

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 16:05

Thoughts on Jarryd Roughead? Last year he finished with a 5 game average of 104.8?

Hawks should be better this year, and last year he was coming off a year out of the game? Gunston also predicted to move back into the forward line which might free up Roughy a bit more?

Just a thought.

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 16:39

Shhhhhhh BB. Keep that to yourself. Lol
    I have him. Averaged 95+ for 5 years straight until his scare and had the year off. He will be fitter this year and with so much uncertainty in the forward line, i think he is a far better choice them many others that are being selected

BrownlowBoy · 16/03/2018 at 16:48

Sorry Holty! I see a lot of teams, including mine, running the likes of McLean, Walters, Smith, Sicily, Petracca, Curnow – all who are yet to prove themselves fully, unlike Roughead, who we know has done it before.

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 16:54

All good BB. we are meant to share our thoughts on this forum. Im just amazed i havent really seen much mentioned about him this pre season

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:25

Hold on… did I read that right? "A lot of teams running … McLean (4.2%) …. Curnow (4.0%)"

Defying_Madness · 16/03/2018 at 19:29

Wrong Roughead?

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 19:55

Haha, I think so, I reckon Jarryd could be a pod his year.

gator59 · 16/03/2018 at 20:02

OK mate

Paul · 17/03/2018 at 09:25

Looking at Roughy now probably a better option than smith at 475.As you say with Hawks doing better this year Roughy will play a big part.Thinking he may be a top six forward his high end is there and his lows are still ok.
      He is 31 tho however he looked good in the JlT and doing some ruck work as well mmmmmm I do like it.

AdoM · 16/03/2018 at 16:45

I like it, the more and more I think about it I want to start him! Nice POD I think.

Starkingdom · 16/03/2018 at 17:20

He has an issue with his feet, something to do with the nerves, resulting from the treatments he received for his illness. I'm not for one minute saying this could effect his output but you might want to see how he plays in the early rounds. Hey, it might improve his already good kicking accuracy and his SC scores.

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 17:34

Cheers for the heads up. This is good to know

Captain Risky · 16/03/2018 at 17:45

That was last year after the Chemo treatments, he had an issue… all good now apparently!.

Even more reason to select him if you are that way inclined.

Defying_Madness · 16/03/2018 at 17:42

Yeah I will be waiting to see how he goes in the first few rounds and if he looks good I will bring him in.

Derek · 16/03/2018 at 18:00

Hawks have a very limited midfield. they will throw Roughie in there to do a bit of push and shove and nearly always gets the ball, don't know why they don't do it more often.

the hawks will be keen to get Ceglar back, maybe another month away. him and big Boy will provide a target in the forward line and allow Gunston and Roughie to get the second and third best tall.

he is not a bad pick, but i won't be getting him, maybe Cyril instead 😉

AdoM · 16/03/2018 at 16:46

Like this team, deep mid for mine but I like your strategy on all lines damo!

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 17:19

I like the team Damo. Very similar to mine.

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 17:26

Im keen gator, cheers

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 17:35

I was a bit late gator. Someone got in b4 me. Good luck to ur season

neil demons delight · 16/03/2018 at 17:25

Gator and myself have a spot left in 2 leagues The Magnificent 7 code 838722 and FishnCripps 486097 .please only top finishing coaches as they are both full of 17 elite coaches .Let us know your name and rank so we don't eliminate you accidently thanks

Defying_Madness · 16/03/2018 at 17:29

Cheers Neil, I joined them and my team name is Deafness. Looking forward to versing you throughout the year

neil demons delight · 16/03/2018 at 17:59

great to have you aboard DM I will let GATOR KNOW cheers

gator59 · 16/03/2018 at 18:16

All good Neil and welcome aboard DM

Moosehead · 16/03/2018 at 17:39

Very good team. Well thought out.
Many teams including mine have 3-4 mid/fwds in my fwd 6 but what rookie is there to place on the mid bench that is a mid/fwd that has a good chance of getting early games? Last year there were a handful but not this year.

Derek · 16/03/2018 at 18:02

ahern and Higgins will get games at some stage during the year. you can get them now and save a trade

hedski · 16/03/2018 at 18:15

Hey Derek was looking thru a few of my leagues, noticed you have lopped the head off your Bunnies, were they stealing carrots from your garden? Ha.

Derek · 16/03/2018 at 18:21

not sure what happened there. technical issue. all fixed now. thanks.

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 20:44

While you have a point Derek, getting them now reduces the amount of downgrade options further along so I'd be leaning towards someone at least getting a game now regardless of scoring potential and then getting in Higgins and Ahern as they play

Abel Grant · 16/03/2018 at 17:40

Love it mate 👍

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 18:15

Hi all. Looking to join a few more leagues b4 the season starts. Ranked well 3 yrs ago. Last 2 years i dont talk about. Let me know if you have some free spots in ur league. Cheers

hedski · 16/03/2018 at 18:16

Nice team Damo, we all need to take a risk or three.
Is your team Zooper Dooper?

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:29

Sometimes you need to take 22

Air_ShaqAttack · 16/03/2018 at 18:17

Trash

GloryDays90 · 16/03/2018 at 18:21

Thoughts on my current team guys.
Thanks!

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Howe, Coffield, Naughton, Doedee (Keefe, Murray)

MID: Dangerfield, Mitchell, Merrett, Fyfe, Kennedy, Brodie, Brayshaw, Finlayson ( Kelly, Barry, Holman)

RK: Gawn, Nankervis (Cameron)

FWD: Billings, Mclean, Smith, Sicily, Bell, Ryan (Fritsch, Garlett)

Have 87k left in the bank

Will · 16/03/2018 at 18:35

Would love your thoughts on my team,

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Naughton, Finlayson, Murray, Doedee: Keeffe, Mirra
MID: Danger, Dusty, Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps, Cogs, Brayshaw (Freo), Holman: Banfield, Kelly, Barry
RUCK: Martin, Gawn: Cameron
FWD: Heeney, Billings, Smith, Petracca, Sicily, Fritsch: Ryan, Wilson

Any suggestions?

SCdonkey · 16/03/2018 at 18:42

I like the team Damo, I'm leaning towards the same structure at the backline and go 6 deep in the mids with uber premos. I think we have enough rookies to cover on that line and there are heaps more to downgrade later on the season.

Foward is pretty similar to mine minus Sicily, i have Taylor instead who i think will break out this year. I too gone with Taberner at F5, like you said freo looks for him as a target up foward and can pinch hit at the ruck. Really not keen on spending on rookies with inflated price.

Good luck to ya Damo and to all the community.

Rabbits16 · 17/03/2018 at 08:58

which Taylor donks?

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 11:19

I think he means Lewis of the Lions

Jordan · 16/03/2018 at 19:04

No love for Hurley?

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 19:13

Probably will be in everones team by seasons end but to expensive to start him imo

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 19:56

There'll be love for him when he starts dropping tons and we don't have him lol

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 00:05

Wait until we see effect Godard going to defence has on him

Finnius · 17/03/2018 at 01:15

Too expensive for me but see the appeal

Jordan · 16/03/2018 at 19:22

Thoughts on Riley boner?

Captain Risky · 16/03/2018 at 19:47

Bonner is in my side. Haven't seen him in many teams here, but the injuries at Port will help.

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 19:52

Was considering him too Captain, will he get a run with Broadbent and Pittard out?

Captain Risky · 16/03/2018 at 20:31

The Adelaide papers seem to think so… I'm not a port fan but he seems to have spot for the taking.

Was moved all over the field in JLT1, but played down back in JLT2 and looked pretty good.

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 20:36

Cheers, seems like a real ball magnet type, just gotta summon the Plums to lock him in there lol.

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 20:46

Only doubts I have over him is that he is a very offensive minded player and if things don't go too well for periods of the season for Port Adelaide, they may opt for a more reliable defensive player

Defying_Madness · 16/03/2018 at 19:34

Looks like Birchall has done his knee and is out for half the season. It is unfortunate news but does this make it more likely for Mirra to play?

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 19:45

Definitely improves his chances I'd say.

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:20

Probably, but he wouldn't be next in line,
    Top 7 defenders look like:
    Burton
    Sicily
    Frawley
    Duryea
    Hardwick
    Glass
    Morrison (although he might play forward too)

Mirra is still on the rookie list and doesn't look likely for a call up

hedski · 18/03/2018 at 11:10

Doesn't need to get upgraded Ty, rookies can play this year.

Jordan · 16/03/2018 at 20:18

Advice would be greatly appreciated

DEF: laird, Howe, Sicily, Bonner, Naughton, toedee (Murray, Mirra)

MID: danger, titch, sloane, merret, Fyfe, Brayshaw, Kelly, Holman (Finlayson, banfield, Barry)

RUCK: Stef Martin, Gawn (Olango)

FWD: Heeney, Greene, Dahlhaus, caddy, Hutchings, Fritsch(ryan, Garlett)”
1.8k in bank 😬

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 20:48

Hi Jordan I was really liking your Team until I saw Caddy and Hutchings in there, no offence, but maybe Dev Smith and Giles Langdon / Fogarty (assuming spud Walker doesn't come back too soon) might be better choices, would free up some cash too. Even Keefe maybe on the bench so Sicily can swing fwd.
    Could be good to have a DPP in the backline too to swing with Finlayson. Coffield?

DacZawson · 16/03/2018 at 20:51

Look to downgrade someone to upgrade at least one of Caddy or Hutchings to a forward premo

Luke · 16/03/2018 at 20:43

6 mids 600k or more wow wee! That backline is very thin feel like Coffield needs to fit in there or someone like Riley Bonner presents great value with Pittard out. Nankervis will be lucky to be a top 6 ruckman. No Heeney, Franklin worries me too. Taberner is a preseason trap and a super awkward price, Christensen instead better value and scoring potential

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 20:51

Think you're wrong about Nank, this year will tell.

Dann · 16/03/2018 at 22:54

Ive slowly come around to Nankervis, I like that even though he doesn’t get a ton of HOs he gets a good percentage of HoTA,tackles hard & follows up at the stoppages, he’s young just coming into his prime as a ruck man, another pre-season under the belt and already shown a solid ceiling from one full season.

Luke · 16/03/2018 at 23:27

Gawn, Kreuzer, Goldy, Martin, Ryder, Witts all ahead of Nank

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:13

Witts won't be ahead of Nank, in my opinion, which makes him top 5 at least, if not 4th, better than Goldy. Goldy's been slipping last few years.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 00:17

Top 5 probably isn't enough for me and most people. You really want 2 of the top 3 ruck man in your side. I will be starting with Kreuzer I think.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:27

Yeah I get that DM, but for $488k, he's effectively a ,midpricer to start with, allowing us to spend money on other lines, if he doesn't score the points we need, he'll be punted to a premo Ruck once they establish themselves.
              Could be Kreuzer, or Ryder, but it might not be, seasons are getting more unpredictable as each one passes.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 00:28

Yeah I can definitely see the merit in the Nank selection. One of my team variations had him in it.

GloryDays90 · 16/03/2018 at 23:49

Agreed Russty. He is Richmond's main ruck and he gets a lot of the ball for a big guy. He will be top 5 this year!

CheekyNandos7 · 16/03/2018 at 20:43

Patty McCartin as a breakout contender?

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 20:52

Nah don't think so, but he could end up in the 70's or more if he stops getting his dome clouted in.

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 00:01

He will do ok for someone worth $230k. He has been in my team, but will prob go without him, won’t make enough cash

Paul · 16/03/2018 at 21:07

Doesn't Garlett breaking his wrist really throw a spanner in the works. I just changed my team a heap and it leaves me with more questions like "What the hell am I thinking?" and so forth

Laird, Hibberd, Savage, Weitering, Coffield, Murray, (Murphy, Mirra)
Dusty, Ablett, Fyfe, Cripps, Whitfield, Armitage, Brayshaw, Constable/Kelly* (Banfield, Barry, Holman)
Martin, Gawn (Lavender)
Buddy, D Smith, C Curnow, Sicily, Bell, Fogarty (Ahern, L Ryan)

*Pending round 1 team. I reckon there's a fair chance they will only pick 1 of them.

I think Weitering is going to be a surprise this year. He'll take Docherty's loose man in defence roll. He's a big intercept marker and a beautiful kick and is going to have no shortage of supply. Blues zone hard in the middle and there is going to be lots of bombing into the forward 50 as a result (see game against Hawthorn). Could easily average close to 100.

Not sold on Fogarty's job security either. He's a pretty big boy, not sure he'll get a game when Tex, Lynch, Jenkins and McGovern are all available. Will definitely be keeping an eye on the teams for round 1 to see if any other forward rookies can take that spot.

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 21:13

Wasn't it Pickett who broke his wrist?..Garlett should be right for round 1
    Think you got your Jarrods mixed up 🙂

dontblushbaby · 17/03/2018 at 06:07

Garlett also no certainty,Shoulder problem

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 08:36

Hi Dbb, saw this on the Carlton website from the other day, they don't seem too concerned about Garlett missing…

Jarrod Garlett is also in the mix for his club debut next week after succumbing to injury against St Kilda.

The exciting former Sun showed his speed and goal sense against the Saints before a knock to the shoulder saw him sidelined in the second half.

“We rested Jarrod against Hawthorn. He seems fine and we expect him to be available for selection for Round 1,” McKay said.

Paul · 18/03/2018 at 17:54

Oh hey you're right. I always get those 2 mixed up lol

Dani · 16/03/2018 at 21:20

I get what you mean about the Wheat but what if the Blues are just crap and get hammered anyway?

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 21:31

True Dani, and the fact is, Weitering, Marchbank and Jones have never averaged enough to be relevant yet, could change this year though, there's always hope.

Jacko · 16/03/2018 at 22:58

You are obviously a one eyed Blues fan! Try thinking with your head and not your heart and your SC team will improve.

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:36

Weitering actually looks the goods. I've been considering him in my defence but haven't picked him because of my structure.
      The only other Carlton player on his team is Patrick Cripps, who is in over a quarter of teams.
      His mention of Garlett was there because of the lack of forward rookies.

Murray · 16/03/2018 at 21:10

Mundy and Goldstein.
Or
McLean and stef Martin

Which is the better combo and why

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 21:32

Option 2 I'd say, just because they're both younger I think, less chances of injuries / restings

Murray · 16/03/2018 at 21:34

Good point russty, had not realised this. Think you're right

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 21:43

My bad Murray, Goldy is actually 2 years younger than Stef, Goldy's 29, McLean is 22 and Mundy is 32 though.

Whitey · 16/03/2018 at 21:44

Yer def 2, both mundy and godly are unknowns. Not sure Goldy is back to his best and Mundy is on the slide in my opinion.

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 08:50

Personally I wouldn't select any of them but if I was left no choice I would choose option 2. Goldy is not the same player, Mundy is ok but not elite. McLean could improve sharply this season if the Dogs improve, which is a big chance. Stef will be solid.

Murray · 17/03/2018 at 11:03

Thanks starks

Whitey · 16/03/2018 at 21:16

Hi everyone, have Billings, Greene, Petracca, Sicily and Smith in the forward line. Thinking of swapping one of them for Bell to free up some cash. Who would you drop? Cheers in advance.

Murray · 16/03/2018 at 21:18

Smith

Dani · 16/03/2018 at 21:22

Smith

Whitey · 16/03/2018 at 21:31

Hahaha, damn, I'm a bombers fan. Might have to put my heart aside for this one. Cheers guys.

Captain Risky · 16/03/2018 at 21:34

I'd go Sicily or Greene – Neither will play 22 games without a tribunal visit!

I Like the Smith selection TBH

Whitey · 16/03/2018 at 21:41

Yer was worried about the flog level in the forward line.

Holty · 16/03/2018 at 21:41

Agree with captain

Russty_ · 16/03/2018 at 21:44

Yep, the flog factor is an issue.

Whitey · 16/03/2018 at 22:06

I like Sicily for his DPP.

Dermin8r · 18/03/2018 at 21:31

In my opinion, I reckon having BOTH Greene and Sicily in the same team is just asking for trouble, good scorers, both huge talents, both huge flogs. Between their potential overlapping suspensions and weekly scores (when they play) being reduced by their on filed floggery. Just my thoughts. If swapping one out – you're weighing up Sicily's DPP versatility vs Greene's potential for higher scores for being on a stronger team.

Rick Grimes · 16/03/2018 at 21:54

I'm seriously thinking of going without Danger round 1. Yep could screw me over bigly but also might be the shark move. If he's not right it's a heap of cash tied up. Every chance his minutes get managed or he pushes forward and does feck all. Of course, he will likely do the opposite. But if there is one thing Jock and co taught me, got to risk it for the biscuit.

Defying_Madness · 16/03/2018 at 22:40

Yep I am with you on this Rick. I highly doubt I will start him even if he plays round 1. I am really happy with my current team and the value I got from that extra $150k was massive.

Liam · 16/03/2018 at 23:12

Agree, it’s too much to pay for a bloke that’s had back issues as well as this hamstring one.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:22

Not saying anyone's wrong or right about this issue but you guys should scroll back to round 22 podcast or something similar from round 22, from last year on this site just to see how much and how many guys were struggling with no trades left at finals time…and most of them were saying how many they wasted during the year.
    Just some food for thought maybe, I'm gonna be really careful this time around so I definitely have some left when I need em.
    It was utter carnage last year with all the injuries, and could well be again, because of how the game has changed.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 00:27

Oh I think you misunderstand I won't be trading one of my premos to Danger as soon as he comes back. I will be waiting for a drop in price and he will be my first upgrade. It is risky for sure but I feel like starting him is also risky in its own right. Hard to tell which of the 3 options will come out on top so it will be interesting to see which one is best.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:35

I've got a feeling he'll start round 1 as per normal and this will all seem like a publicity stunt….just for the media attention, probably a side deal Danger has with Fox Sports or something lol

JohnDJ59 · 18/03/2018 at 19:09

Danger is now out of my team,with the intention of getting him back in round 6, have enough coin so if one of my rookies don't work out I can just trade them out for Danger.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 20:51

what did he score? 48 in 18mins? Champ Data give him 7sc for a 2m handball to a teammate under pressure….they NUB the D-dang

NoLanguage · 19/03/2018 at 01:42

I agree Rick. The risk reward is gold if he has a rough start.

Jordan · 16/03/2018 at 22:27

Heeney and Shaw, or Greene and Lloyd

Finnius · 16/03/2018 at 22:40

Option 2 by the length of the flemington straight

rickthegenius · 16/03/2018 at 23:21

Roughead and Barlow or Mundy and Petracca.

Also who to pick as my D3. I can choose any defender below 490. I’m currently running with lloyd at the moment but am not convinced with him or any of the options available. Thoughts?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:17

Hey Rick, I like a Roughy and Petracca combo..is that possible for you? Barlow and Mundy probably past their best, Roughy is still good if can keep his recovery issues in check.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 00:20

Yeah I would be going Roughy and Tracca out of those options if possible.

David C · 17/03/2018 at 12:40

Not sure where Barlow fits in Gold Coasts thinking. He didn't play the last JLT, had a run in a NEAFL scratch match instead. They might prioritise playing the young guns before him.

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 12:59

Agree David, he's gone missing. Stewi Dew has got his young guns firing early, can't see why he wouldn't play them.

TommyC99 · 16/03/2018 at 23:32

Petracca and Bell

or Mclean and Christensen

Clueless · 16/03/2018 at 23:51

Petracca and Bell for sure. McLean is the same as every other Bulldogs player so you'll never know what his role is and Christensen is an injury risk. If Petracca can break out and Bell can go back to averaging 90 then I think you'll be in for a good year

TOPHAWK1 · 16/03/2018 at 23:43

Damo, that is a seriously solid side. I love the fact you are rookie heavy down back. That is where IMO a lot of cash will be made this year. Which is great, because the backline is generally the worst for point scoring line.

Your team structure is similar to my current line up. That said, Mathew Taberner has talent…….BUT he will NOT be selected in my side until he proves himself during the AFL premiership season. He always plays like a champion in WAFL and pre season JLT matches, but come season proper, the bloke goes seriously walkabout. Dont tell me I didn't warn you.

Still, I like your side a lot.

Cheers mate.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 00:15

Me too Hawk, I like it, especially his Killer midfield. That's a 'Don't Argue' Midfield ! Don't like Taberner though…spud.

leedy · 17/03/2018 at 01:24

Taberner may surprise more than a few this year. Understand the sentiment but he was no chance to develop while Pavlich was around and last year Freo were atrocious and slow moving the ball forward. From what I have seen the ball movement has changed somewhat significantly and as Damo points out they are now looking for Taberner. Risky indeed but a punt I'll take. I give you permission to deride me for it around round 6.

Ray · 17/03/2018 at 00:41

How likely is it for petracca to average over 90 this year? In terms of percentage.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 08:24

I reckon about a 50-50 chance, looking back on last year's scores of his, I noticed he dropped 4 x 50's and 4 x 60's which is a bit of a worry.
    I guess if he gets that extra midfield time, he could raise it from 79 to 90, just needs to reduce those mediocre scoring matches, he looked damn good in that last JLT game.

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 08:30

Agree Rusty, the worry is the quiet games that he will have. Maybe next year for me.

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 12:46

As a demon supporter I don't think so but for 30 k more Tmac is value or for a lot less Melksham with his new role is flying will do an Oliver this year Pity about his bye doesn't suit my structure

Octa · 17/03/2018 at 12:54

Neil. You are kidding. Melksham is a trap. No where the ability of Oliver.

Finnius · 17/03/2018 at 01:19

I really want to pick Howe over Hibberd, but can't bring myself to do it. Massive POD and has a beneficial bye, cheaper as well. Will both be definite top 6 backs. However is Hibberd less likely to drop in an average score? He averaged 5ppg more last year and I can see that being about the same.

Whitey · 17/03/2018 at 06:35

Hibberd will drop in price a bit at some stage but will probably be more consistent scorer. Howe can put up some big numbers but also have some quiet games. In my opinion Hibberd is pretty much a guarantee to be a top 6 defender but Howe is more a gamble but not a terrible selection.

TommyC99 · 17/03/2018 at 07:52

Yeah I’m also tossing up between the 2. Hibberd should score more but is very pricey and we can no doubt pick him up for cheaper down the line. So I think I might go Howe D2 (this could also be my Collingwood bias creeping in)

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 10:42

Big question is will Jake Lever impact Hibberds score?

Trainer · 17/03/2018 at 12:46

No. You can do your head in re the different scenarios of many players in new teams. Lever great intercepting mark who will kick it to, guess who. Hibberd.

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 12:54

Are you willing to bet $545K on that?

leedy · 17/03/2018 at 01:26

Any love for Weitering?

Goose · 17/03/2018 at 04:23

Not this year

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 10:38

Plenty… but my structure gets in the way

Goose · 17/03/2018 at 04:23

Bonner or Coffield ?

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 08:33

Big wraps on Bonner and there's a spot up for grabs at Port. Good upgrade option when Port have their bye. Also Howard and DBJ looking to fill the vacant def position so keep an eye on selections round 1.

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 11:22

Coffield for mine. Bonner too awkwardly priced.

Horsey · 17/03/2018 at 12:41

Love to pick Bonner and still might. Pittard back in four weeks.

Goose · 17/03/2018 at 04:31

Just wondering people's thoughts on how many premo keepers is ideal to start with this year?
Or what is the least you could go before it gets to the point of using too many trades to achieve full premo later on ?

TommyC99 · 17/03/2018 at 07:53

Bont, Cripps or Pendles?

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 08:39

Bont is CD love child = good for your team.

Rabbits16 · 17/03/2018 at 09:04

am i missing something with B Deledio?

Pantelis · 17/03/2018 at 10:10

still working through his pre season, stay away until he gets some consistency into his legs

EasyMoneySniper · 17/03/2018 at 09:30

Bontempelli or Lukey Parker? Or should i just pay the extra cash for a uber premo?

Jordan · 17/03/2018 at 09:34

Thoughts on Gary Ablett as a POD

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 10:05

If Danger is in doubt that's a huge YES. He might miss a game or two during the season but his return can be the best there is. Not many players can crack the double ton in one game.

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 11:11

I keep putting him in and taking him out again Jordan.
    Very bloody tempting but with that injury history over the last couple of years…
    I want the keepers in my starting team to play 22 games.

Rabbits16 · 18/03/2018 at 15:02

ablett will be rested for sure thats the only thing putting me off. if i go him id want a decent cover but its not worth the neurofen

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 21:00

Had an intense 1hr sesh other day, some match sims..shanked the first hit out and was like clockwork apparently. Gave Scott a thumbs up afterwards, feeling good. Ready to go rnd 1, youd start him for 10 rnds wont drop price, is enjoying being back in Gtown and looking forward to his footy again. Scott has urged him to go bang round 1

Moustachio · 19/03/2018 at 09:11

Dont do this to me…

Steve · 17/03/2018 at 09:40

Hey guys, any thoughts on the below options would be greatly appreciated.

Option 1:
Hurley
D Smith
52k left

Option 2:
M Crouch
Sicily
44k left

Option 1 gives me a 5 premo midfield and 3 premo defence, while option 2 gives me a 6 premo midfield and 2 premo defence.

Cheers!

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 10:40

Steve I would choose option 2 as I don't like Smith at that price. Crouch is a gun.

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 11:05

Hurley is a bit overpriced and Sicily is a flog.
      Crouch and Smith?

LittleHeeney · 17/03/2018 at 10:10

Thoughts on my team
Laird, Hibberd, McGrath, Coffield, Naughton, Doedee (Stoddart, Murray)

Merrett, Mitchell, Heeney, Fyfe, Kennedy, O'Mera, Graham Coniglio (Dow, LDU, Kelly)

Naitanui, Simpson (English)

Billings, Townsed, Petracca, Caddy, Smith, Rayner (Fogarty, Venables)

Fatso* · 17/03/2018 at 12:39

Different. Gutsy and hopefully for you OK. Leave Heeney in fwd line. Obviously you are not a sheep. Good luck.

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 14:27

I don't think Simpson is best 22 is he?
    Lobb will take his spot.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 10:47

Dont like the Taberner pick maybe J Thomas if your looking at that price range??

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 11:07

Just a heads up if you go without Danger in rd 1. In rd2 Cats play the Hawks, rd3 the Cats play WC, rd4 the Cats play Saints. So if he does come back in rd2 l think id get him back quick smart as l dont really rate those midfields he come up aginst. Thats just my take.

Captain Risky · 17/03/2018 at 12:20

Between rd2 and rd3 is a 6 day break and a trip to Perth though…

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 12:34

Don't know what happened Shake but unfortunately I missed on CAZALY Its a top league good luck shake

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 12:45

Shakers jump into the happy place u should have an invite.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 13:14

Hey Trig got ur email for Happy Place worked till midnight last night and back at work now!! Ill do it Monday.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 13:28

Can always open a spot for you Neil. You were there last year and we got into the top 100! Have an awesome league again this year. Gator Trig Derek Russty Hedski Hawk Rockburner Finnius ext.

Dani · 17/03/2018 at 13:32

Get a room you blokes..

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 17:35

thanks I would like to even the score always a good battle Let me know thru the site thanks awesome lineup

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 19:08

love to join shake

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 19:34

Ill give you the the league code Monday. Keep an eye out for it then.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 12:48

Dont think he will play rd 1 as they dont play rd 2 until Easter Monday April 2.
    Gives him plenty of time to get right.
    Will protect their boy and give him ample time to prime.

Captain Risky · 17/03/2018 at 12:58

That's my guess as well. I think I'll start with him and loophole a rookie in week 1.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 19:48

Last year both times Danger played Hawthorn he came out hurt. He may have still scored well in one of those encounters, however I still think it is something to maybe consider.

Jordan · 17/03/2018 at 11:15

Martin or nank?
Billings or Greene?
Shaw or Lloyd?
Zerret or zorko?
How many premiums is too many for 1 bye round. Is 6-7 during the round 14 too many?

Jordan · 17/03/2018 at 11:16

Also Heeney or franklin?

Moocha · 17/03/2018 at 12:36

Round 14 is doing my head in all bar St Kilda players whom I have avoided. Could easily have 2-3 Adelaide, Freo, Cats, Tigers and Swan players. That is potential half my list.
      Or, just allow for a thrashing in round 14?

DacZawson · 17/03/2018 at 14:40

Martin
    Greene
    Lloyd
    Zerrett
    If you can get 6 out in Round 14 that should be okay, just make sure they aren't all in the same line

#66 2017 · 17/03/2018 at 11:21

I find it hilarious all the "pros" on here that have done so very well in the previous year with getting into the top 20k overall. Haha. Stop ripping into Damos team like you have a crystal ball you bunch of Muppets. Your so keen to dish out advice because you've won SC before right guys? Most of you go on about picking up the same top 6 from last year and you all have the same boring side. Guaranteed the backline will have new top 6 and so will fwds, it's never the same. Worry about your boring side that everyone else has rather than being keyboard warriors.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 11:51

I hardly saw any posts that ripped into his Team..one guy said it was "trash" but most people were complimenting it, so not sure what you're on about really.. Or did you just feel like having a go at everyone in general?

Jordan · 17/03/2018 at 12:13

Agreed rusty not sure why this guy is trying to create arguments

Moosehead · 17/03/2018 at 12:32

He does have a point though Russty. I wish I had the guts to go for 4 – 5 really different players like say Oliver and Kelly. Most teams are VERY similar. I have written down a team comprising players who may go the next step like Cockatoo and Wilson. Good exercise like good advice given by Derek “Select your best team irrespective of cash”.
      Have a Guinness on this, St Patrick’s day.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 12:45

Hey Moose, It's pretty hard at this time of year for a lot of teams not to look similar, because coaches who have done some kind of research or played before, know who the best premos and best chance of playing rookies are on each line.
        Are we not supposed to pick the best midfielders in the comp for the sake of being different? or the best value / potential breakout players so we can say..my team's full of pods.
        Yes a lot of teams look similar at this time of year but it's what you do with your team during the season that matters in the end.

A lot of teams look VERY similar come the pointy end of the season too, that's because we all try to collect all the best players we can, that's how you do well..
        I'd like to see his team, to see how different it is from all us brainwashed sheep..lol

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 12:30

Yes Buddy I am boring too cause I agree with Russty and Jordan Don't know where you seen that wasn't here not a lot anyway. That's the criticism done with , I agree that both the def /fwd will re-invent themselves I see only one genuine keeper forward and that's BUDDY the rest is about 10. I have gone different with LAMBERT McLEAN and T MAC with MELKSHAM NOT THERE ONLY BECAUSE OF BYES.. The defence once again I only see LAIRD and HIBBERD as keepers Two tigers by the same name should be on the radar ELLIS/ That's what these forums are about and I would almost guarantee ppl like Russty will do well in rank and their advice/criticism is welcome Keep it up fellas

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 12:33

Have u done a demon cull or are they still DEMONinating your team NDD?

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 17:53

Hi Trigg Yes mate the cull occurred OUT PETRACCA will be there to raise the cup and hold Clarries three medals but not convinced any better than 85 MELKSHAM I got Clarrie last year and melks job change is a winner but the byes saw mclean the doggie edge him out will be needed to hold the cup and Hoges two medals leaving gawn oliver hibberd Fritsch as per every TOM MAX and CLARRY and but of course the great one , the undisputed heavy === sorry got carried away a bit tommy—- gun== McDON —- A—- L—- D ( FIVE)

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 18:00

Is tmac gonna play?
          Heard he was carrying an injury into rd 1?

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 19:10

wash your mouth out and say three hail marys trigg

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:43

Don't worry about having too many Demons in your side Neil, they're very round 14 friendly!…yeah do you know anything about T-Mac's Foot injury?…will he play round 1?

Derek · 17/03/2018 at 12:42

Fair enough.

“Team Reveal” is different to “Rate my team”

People put their teams up to be rated, if they get their team trashed they don’t need to take the advice and they definitely didn’t have to put it up in the first place.

I do like when someone has a specific question rather that just posting their team.

GloryDays90 · 17/03/2018 at 13:10

The only Muppet on here is you 😂👍

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 14:20

Got any tips mate?
    We're all dying to hear them.

Russty_ · 22/07/2018 at 02:41

In hindsight Ranger, I think his main tip is to run out of trades before round 18…lol

Dingoes · 17/03/2018 at 11:27

DEF: Laird, Touhy, Brayshaw, Naughton, Finlayson, Doedee ( Murray, Payne )
MID: Danger, Titch, Kelly, Oliver, Fyfe, Coniglio, T Kelly, Barry ( Garlett, Holman, Banfield )
Ruck: Gawn, Nank ( Cameron )
FWD: Heeney, Walters, Smith, Petracca , Christensen, Fritsch (Higgins, Keeffe)

Not sure about defence – thoughts on Touhy – no one talking about him, good POD?
Also would like Coffield as a swinger with Finlayson but which rookie to leave out in Mid (depends on who's not picked)

Swedish man · 17/03/2018 at 12:25

You need a swinger in your mids for your fwd line. Maybe Higgins? But when will he break into a strong Tiger outfit. Difficult this year. Last year there were at least 5. Bad blue by SC me thinks.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 12:29

Garlett or Fogarty?…or Higgins could be a good loophole donut until he does get a start.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 12:53

Using Crowden as my loop.
      May as well roll with cameron as r3.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 13:01

I'm considering an F8 donut. I see a rookie crop in the forward line of Pickett & Eddy's

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 13:04

Crowden F8. 😉

James · 17/03/2018 at 12:33

Any thoughts on Lian Duggan WC and Alex Peace FM this season for def, just a throught

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 12:42

Duggan is worth a look. His two tons last season showed his talent. WC will be busy in def. this season. He's now 21 yrs old, could be a nice POD.

Carleton · 17/03/2018 at 12:40

This is a GREAT team, but what happened to your forward structure? It's ugly!

Nigel · 17/03/2018 at 12:45

What are people's thoughts on Callum Mills? 403k could be a good D3

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 12:58

Too many points pigs at Sydney for him to grab a big enough slice of the pie

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 13:18

Good price for a potential star. Horse loves him. He's turning 21 soon so he should be ready to have a big season.

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 13:07

Anyone considering Sam Lloyd from the Tigers? I believe he'll be rotating through the midfield a lot more this year. For $345K he might be a mid price option. I reckon he has a good set of hands, loves a goal and is in a pretty good team!

Mr.Brightside · 17/03/2018 at 13:24

Gotta get a game first ,I don’t believe he will play R1 imo

Starkingdom · 17/03/2018 at 13:38

Maybe you're right, it'll be tough getting back into a premiership side but I think there's a very good chance he will rotate with Martin & Cotchin through forward / midfield.

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 14:11

He was killing it at VFL level last year but it's that lack of a definite spot that puts me off.

AuroraBorealis?! · 17/03/2018 at 13:23

Any love for Luke Ryan? If he was playing for any other team he'd be a lock for me but the Ross Lyon factor complicates things.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 13:35

Currently in my squad..hoping he can elevate to keeper status pretty early on and possibly be there at the end.
    He's a lock for Freo's best 22.

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 14:13

It only took a few games in the VFL to have 16 of the 18 AFL clubs knocking on his door. He should have been the highest ever pick by a mature ager. But he was a party boy & didn't train very hard. Which might be why his injury history is so bad. In his VFL season where he dominated & had an AV of 106 he only played 10 games. 2 separate bad injuries ended his campaign. Last preseason he was all the rage. But another 2 injuries in the preseason was the reason it took so long to see him. When he arrived it didn't take long to see how good he is. If it wasn't for his injury history & at his price he'd be first picked for me. Depending on how many rookies are picked will determine if he's my D3. If I don't pick him I'll be watching him with great interest. He has all the tools to be a star SC player. One of & maybe both of Luke Ryan & Alex Witherden will be the next Docherty

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 14:14

I like him a lot, got a game that's very suited to SC too.
    Been tossing up between him and Witherden all week.

noah · 17/03/2018 at 13:33

DEF: Laird, Hiberd, Lloyd, naughton , o shea, doedee, /bench murray, mihoceck
MID: danger,dusty,titch,fyfe,cripps,rayner,brayshaw,kelly,/bench holman barry ,finlayson
RUC:gawn,martin /bench olango
FWD: heeney,billings,d smith,petracca,fogarty, ahern, /bench higgins, fritsch

Any feedback would be appreciated dont mind criticism.

Thanks Fellas

The Ranger · 17/03/2018 at 14:16

That's a lot of expensive rookies Noah.
    Read the Barrons article on the rookies and see if you can get a few cheaper ones in.

noah · 17/03/2018 at 14:46

Thanks Mate

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 18:02

Rayner and brayshaw are too dear but the Higgins pick will save you a trade later .He wont play early but when he does he will stay meanwhile a great loop.

BetterthanU · 17/03/2018 at 13:37

Somebody has to lose so it may as well be you Damo. Your team will serve a valuable purpose as an example of what happens when you listen to the advice on this site.
I don't understand why no Lycett the review by Lek and Patch identified him as the must have breakout ruck and all of the little sphincter kissers here duly appluaded and hailed Lek and Patch for the geniuses that they are/n't

GloryDays90 · 17/03/2018 at 14:08

Mate if you don't like it. Then get off the site!

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 18:14

It is no secret that myself and one or two others preferred TREV,s site to the new J R site and fantasy s.c was brilliant and comprehensive but we must move on and give them a chance You want to try writing these articles mate it,s a nightmare I know so do Russty Trigg etc who did articles for FSC GIVE THE NEW LADS A GO and are you really Betterthan U I think not

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:30

Hear hear Neil!…FSC was great and unfortunately technical issues made it impossible to continue, issues that could've been caused by a third party, on purpose.
      But I agree with you, give these guys a go, we were left abandoned for a long time but they're making up the slack now and what people don't realise is, these guys are doing it for free, and it takes a lot of time to write something half decent..and provide us all with information and a forum to discuss SC topics.
      I laughed a fair bit with Lek and Patch's last Podcast too, especially the intro, that was gold.

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/03/2018 at 21:19

been coming here for years, the work theyre doing is solid. Dont care whose rolling up their sleeves?

Youve got 150,000 to one ratio. I have got to 470th overall in 2014. Been inside top 5000 every year after my first in 2012. Its the ultimate bingo. The bloke who won last year was his first year apparently or just the bloke collecting the prize?

Supercoachscores is a great site, great high level content but even their statistician Rowsus who is brilliant gets it wrong most times as stats alone are just a guide. Jocks is great just to chew the fat and the well framed clear content.

Settle down….troll is obvious, obvious is troll.

Fisherdan · 17/03/2018 at 13:49

McLean and Andrew Brayshaw or Coniglio and Fogerty?

DacZawson · 17/03/2018 at 14:43

1st

INPieman · 17/03/2018 at 15:31

Agree with Dac. That's not a contest

Fisherdan · 17/03/2018 at 15:54

Thanks Dac and Pieman.
Happy with my team but was trying to squeeze Coniglio in thinking he's going to explode.
My mind is at rest… for now lol

Jacko · 17/03/2018 at 16:23

You are asking for opinions so here is mine. I disagree partly with Pie and DAC who provide a lot of sensible, encouraging advice.
    Coniglio is better player than McLean and in a better side although McLean is on the improve.
    Try and get a cheaper mid than Fogarty and especially Brayshaw because it has been shown that you make more cash in the long run providing the cheaper player gets a game.

Fisherdan · 17/03/2018 at 17:03

I have read that article but who else is there?
      I already have Banfield, T. Kelly, Barry, Finlayson and Holman. Which leaves Constable, Garlett and Ahern who are long shots for round 1.
      Agree Coniglio is better than McLean hence why I was trying to fit him in but the only way was to swap McLean for Fogerty in the forward line and then Brayshaw up to Conigs.
      This IS an opinion driven game and thank you for yours Jacko 🙂

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:12

Hey Dan, from what I've read, Garlett should be right to go for round 1.

Fisherdan · 17/03/2018 at 19:32

Thanks Rusty. I think I fixed it..
          What do ya reckon about McLean, Andrew Brayshaw and Brodie to Tom Bell, Coniglio and Garlett?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 19:59

Hey Dan I reckon if it's possible for you to have Cogs, Brayshaw and Garlett, they'd be my preferences, don't trust Bell, and Brodie is in a team that will get flogged more often than not.
            Don't know much about McLean but many Bulldogs players sort of have the same role there.

Fisherdan · 17/03/2018 at 22:26

Hmmm more food for thought.
              1 Problem being, that means playing 1 of Garlett, Langdon or Ryan on field along with Fritsch.
              None of whom have very good job security.
              Erratic mind once again lol.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 23:32

Garlett should have a spot mate, especially now with Pickett breaking his wrist..and you'd think one of Langdon, Ryan or Fritsch would have a regular spot too.

Fisherdan · 18/03/2018 at 21:37

Thanks Rusty

Northerner · 17/03/2018 at 16:05

Anyone know what’s happening with Rory Lobb. Just looked and he’s not named on the GWS injury list?

If he’s named as Ruck Rd 1, he’s likely to have a higher floor than a number of the popular 400 to 500k options.

Anyone know any insights to help us out?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 16:30

He played a scratch match just over a week ago and got through that, but he's obviously had the interrupted pre-season with his groin issues being managed, so his fitness levels could be down on what they need to be.
    Could be a chance to play round 1 but I'd probably wait until he comes back and see how he looks after 2 full games before anything.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 16:41

M Adams out for 3 months.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 16:53

Bummer, I was looking forward to seeing him play again, terrible luck for him, happened in a match simulation during a tackle, guess that gives young Naughton more job security now.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:57

It is terrible news. Naughton will definitely become more popular.

neil Demons Delight · 17/03/2018 at 18:16

Just about to cull Naughton not now

Nick · 17/03/2018 at 16:45

would really appreciate any feedback on my team…

BACKS: Laid, hibberd, savage, weitering, doedee, cumming (murry, murphy)
MIDS: Mitchell, J kelly, Oliver, Sloane, Fyfe, Brayshaw, barry, holman (Kelly, shipley, banfield)
RUCKS: Ryder, Gawn (english)
FWDS: Billings, Gray, petracca, sicily, Bell, firtsch (keefe, Garlett)

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 16:58

Hi Nick, I think Finlayson is ahead of Cumming.
    Maybe Keefe to the backline instead of Murphy..so he can swing with Siciflog.
    Not sure which Gray that is but Robbie's suspended for round 1.
    Good luck mate.

Bolton’s Blues · 17/03/2018 at 17:18

Hopefully can get off to a decent start this season,
I’ve loaded up my forward line banking on some decent money rise out of my backline

Laird, Hibbered, Coffield, Naughton, Doedee, Murry (O’Connor, Mirra)
Dusty, Titch, Zerret, Fyfe, Cripps, Brayshaw, Finlayson, Barry (Banfield, Kelly, Holman)
Gawn, Lycett (Cameron)
Buddy, Henney, Greene, Billings, Dixon, Fritsch (Waterman, Ryan)

$360k in the bank still will be used if Danger is fit.

Dixon risk – The first 9ish games are reasonably gentle games, this is mainly for a quick POD, for some quick points and eventually trade him out if he goes off/fails.

Holty · 17/03/2018 at 17:26

The more i look at this team the more i love the structure. Going deep in the forward line is smart as there is no real guarantees of forward rookies getting games and if they do, will they keep their spot? Still cant see the logic in picking Greene as he will miss games due to a flog act but its no different i guess to picking a rocky or ablett who will miss games due to being rested or injury.

Will · 17/03/2018 at 17:29

Thoughts on Stef Martin?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 17:31

Seems like a nice enough bloke, good ruckman too 🙂

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 17/03/2018 at 18:01

If Archie plays he plays like jug head.

Will · 17/03/2018 at 18:08

Prefer him to Ryder?

GloryDays90 · 17/03/2018 at 17:42

Are many people considering Whitfield? I have a feeling he will break out this year playing the new rebounding role.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:00

If you think he will become a top 8 mid come years end go for. I dont think he will Glory so l wouldnt select him. Good luck.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:41

Hi GD, had him in my side for ages, but am thinking now Coniglio might be a better choice, mainly due to the 75 changes I've been making to my side every day lol

Northerner · 17/03/2018 at 19:36

I think he will definitely break out this year as that rebound defender. If he was def eligible he’d be second picked after Gawn. I suspect he’ll be close to top priced defender next year.

However it’s another thing to post top 10 mid numbers from defense and it’s a big call for him to get to that level.

Freddy · 17/03/2018 at 18:27

I see your Taberner and raise you a Lobb, who played 2s last week and will soon take the sole ruck reins from Simpson.
Right?

D: Laird Hibberd Howe Naughton Finlayson Murray (Doedee Mihocek)
C: Danger Dusty Titch Crouch Fyfe Armitage Brayshaw Holman (Kelly Banfield Barry)
R: Max Lycett (Cameron)
F: Heeney Walters Sicily Lobb Christo Fritsch (Langdon Ryan)

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 18:39

Wouldn't pull the trigger on Lobb yet Freddy, give him a few games to show that he's fully fit. He's a fair way behind the 8-Ball at the moment.

Northerner · 17/03/2018 at 19:39

I’ve always been a sucker for sole ruckman that are fwd eligible. Their floor is so low. If named Rd 1 and Simpson isn’t I may take the risk. Quite a few ifs there though.

Defying_Madness · 17/03/2018 at 19:43

I might take the risk also if he plays round 1, would rather him in my team over Tracca, Ryan or Mills

Sellars12200 · 17/03/2018 at 18:55

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Rampe, Weitering, Guthrie, Doedee ( Murray, Mirra )
MID: Danger, Titch, M Crouch, Fyfe, Coniglio, JOM, Braydhaw, T Kelly ( Finlayson, Holman, Banfield )
Ruck: Kreuzer, Gawn ( Cameron )
FWD: Heeney, Green, SiciIly, Taberner , Fogarty, Fritsch (Ryan, Gartlett)

Any tips appreciated

Northerner · 17/03/2018 at 19:43

I’d suggest downgrading JOM to a rookie. You need more cash generation in your mids than you currently have.

And use the cash to upgrade either Weitering or Taberner.

Having a mid price risk in every line is pretty risky as you have now IMO and will require more trades to get to full premo and not generate as much cash because you have less rookies than most.

Sellars12200 · 18/03/2018 at 10:49

Who would u suggest to downgrade JOM to?

Sellars12200 · 18/03/2018 at 11:02

Was thinking downgrade JOM to Coffield then upgrade either Weitering to J McGovern or Taberner to Lambert

Krups · 17/03/2018 at 20:08

Gday blokes. Hope your all enjoying a coldie. Thoughts please?
Def: Laird. Hibberd, Naughton, Finlayson, Murray. Doedee ( Coffield, Keefe )
Mid: Danger, Dusty, Titch, Merrett, Neale, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Kelly ( Banfield, Barry, Holman )
Ruck: Gawn, Nank ( Cameron )
Fwd: Greene, Billings, McLean, Sicily, Christensen, Fritsch ( Ryan, McCartin )

No Fyfe

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:13

Solid Krups, even without Fyfe, let's face it, he's not that cheap, almost 600k…there are other options. Very soild side.
    Stick McCartin onfield cause Fritsch might not start.

Krups · 17/03/2018 at 20:22

Thanks for the feedback Russty its appreciated

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:26

You're welcome mate..can I copy your side? lol

Krups · 17/03/2018 at 20:35

Go for it champ. Probably make more changes that are not required. Bring on next weekend to stop the tampering

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:46

Yeah, hear ya there, I'm sick of looking at my side, and other people's sides…I've gone numb lol
            Bring it ooooon!

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 20:19

Just a heads up,just a few spots left in three of my leagues.Won't Back Down 601348, Holy Grail 266193, Rogue Traders 200993.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:32

Hey how are ya John?…I would mate but I'm already in 10, am in Sons of Anarchy though, should be a fun year mate. cheers.

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 20:54

No worries Russty, in 10 as well,usually only go in 8 max but managed to get into some of the community leagues this year.Those three leagues just needed topping up, since not all the people from last year turned up,even the guy I beat in the GF of Won't Back Down,I still have one spot left in Sons for Trev,but no sign of him yet,if he doesn't turn up,Neil could join. You've been busy on this site Russty,I've made a few comments but not as many as usual.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:00

Haha had too much time on my hands today mate…don't think Trev is into leagues John, so you may as well invite Neil.

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 21:05

Just thinking Neil is probably in 10 already as well,but I could still put it out there.

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 20:40

My final team going into the teams lists before round one.Def: Laird, Hibberd, Mills, Naughton, Murray, Finlayson, [Doedee, O'Connor ] Mids: Titch, Oliver, Crouch, Fyfe, Coniglo, Brayshaw, Coffield, Kelly, [ Banfield, Barry, Holman ] Rucks: Gawn, Nank, [ Olango ] Fwds: Billings, Walters, McLean, Petracca, Fogarty, Keeffe, [ Fritsch, Ryan ]. Have the coin to get Danger whenever I want,probably round six.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 20:50

Nice squad Johndj…you should do well with that lot, maybe consider Giles /Langdon if Fritsch or Fogarty aren't named, and Garlett, he should start round 1.
    Not sure if Keefe will start either, he's really just a Siciflog rotation…Paddy McCartin maybe?

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 21:00

Hi Russty,as you can see the fwds have been my nemeses all preseason,F5&F6 have been so hard to get right.

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:05

Yeah it's been a fkr mate, Fogarty could have very limited job security when Flog Walker gets fit again…here's my Fwd line at the moment mate..lol
        Franklin, Roughead, Smith, Petracca, Robinson, Christensen — Giles/Langdon, Ryan
        No rookies onfield.

JohnDJ59 · 17/03/2018 at 21:16

I did try the non rookies way for the fwds a while back,was going to have smith at F4, Petracca F5 and McCartin F6.But decided on Coniglo in the mids instead.Who do you think is better Smith or Conigio ?

Russty_ · 17/03/2018 at 21:21

Coniglio for sure I think, could average 100 easy. Not sure Smith can.

JohnDJ59 · 18/03/2018 at 00:54

I might have to spend a bit more time on my fwds,the rest of the lines I'm happy with.

Paul · 18/03/2018 at 06:56

Thought about buddy but not until round seven for me.Sydney have some tough games until then.He will kick the most goals and be a top six.

JohnDJ59 · 18/03/2018 at 18:30

Hi Paul,I had Buddy from the start last year and was happy with that decision,I had him in my team from go again this year,but changed him to Billings last week.Will be my first upgrade for the fwds.

Rabbits16 · 18/03/2018 at 15:08

really like this team mate. Im real keen on Coniglio too, great value. I think Luke Parker is great value too. Hopefully i can squeeze both in

Sellars12200 · 18/03/2018 at 11:04

downgrade JOM to coffield then upgrade either Weitering to J McGovern or Taberner to Lambert ?

Heather · 18/03/2018 at 14:25

Any comments on my Team anyone?
Def: Hurley, Laird, Rich, Naughton, Doedee, Murray (Finlayson, Mirra)
Mid: Danger, Dusty, Mitchell, Kelly, Fyfe, Bradshaw, T. Kelly (Banfield, Garlett, Shipley)
Ruc: Goldie & Gawn ( Hayes)
Fwd: Heeney, Dahlhaus, Barlow, Petracca, Higgins, Ryan (Fritsch, Switkowski)
$124k left

KSinny · 18/03/2018 at 14:33

Hey Community leave your thoughts on my team!

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Savage, O'shea, Naughton, Murray (Doedee, Finlayson)

MID: Titch, Kelly, Fyfe, Bont, Jelwood, Cripps, A. Brayshaw, Holman (Banfield, Barry, Garlett)

RUC: Gawn, Nicnat (Cameron)

FWD: Heeney, Menengola, Petracca, Sicily, Fritsch, Ryan (Keefe, Ahern)

3K in the bank, cheers community! 🙂

Tyruddanaut · 18/03/2018 at 16:11

I would get rid of Ahern and move Garlett forward to make space for T. Kelly. Very classy player and en route for senior games.

KSinny · 18/03/2018 at 16:17

Thanks mate forgot about Kelly, but now I have no Mid-Forwards to swap around which is a bit of a problem.

Gazorpazorpfield · 18/03/2018 at 16:39

DEF: laird, Mcgovern, Mills, sicily, Angus Brayshaw, sam Murray (Doedee, mihocek)
MID: dusty, titch, Fyfe, Walters, Libba, Petracca, Andrew Brayshaw, Banfield (kelly, Finlayson, Holman)
RUCK: Goldstein, Gawn (cameron)
FWD: Mundy, j Cameron, d Smith, Impey, t Bell, Fritsch (Keeffe, l Ryan)
Feedback is welcome! 7.8k in bank.

murray · 19/03/2018 at 14:11

Here is my final team guys, any comment or criticism welcome

Laird, Lloyd, Naughton, Doedee, Finlayson, Murray (L Murphy Mihocek)

Mitchell, Martin, Kelly, M Crouch, Fyfe, Bontepelli, Coniglio, A Brayshaw (Banfield T Kelly, Holman)

Gawn, Nank (Olango)

Heeney, Billings, Mclean, Petracca, Keefe, Fritsch (Ryan, Narrier)

Thoughts please

Heather · 21/03/2018 at 22:09

Not 1 comment – are you all a bunch of ? I was being genuine? yoyohoho? Now any comments or feedback? Good Luck, Troopers! xxoo