JLT2 kicked off tonight with a match between my beloved Tigers and… *checks notes* North. I covered North Melbourne’s JLT1 match against the Dees and sigh, this should be fun!

Fast game early. North struggled to hit their targets by foot while Richmond were wasteful in front of goals. Once Richmond hit second gear their midfield speed stood out, or maybe North Melbourne’s midfield speed was really slow? Tigers kicked away in the third then the game became nothing more than going through the motions with a 6 goal to 1 final term.

NOTABLE ABSENTEES: North – Daw, Lukey McDonald, Still no Ahern

NOTABLE ABSENTEES: Richmond – Houli, Miles

Injuries: None

Score: Richmond 19. 14. 128 beat North 8. 10. 58

SuperCoach Significance – Richmond

1. Alex Rance – DEF – $492,300 – 44SC

Was at his intercepting best early on but didn’t have a whole lot to do tonight. Opposed to Brown/Wood. Only 62% TOG but will occasionally drop these turds so you probably should avoid.

1. Nick Vlastuin – DEF – $430,100 – 82SC

Again played the +1 defender but it must be noted Houli wasn’t playing tonight. A solid but unspectacular game. 10 marks and 5 R50’s a big plus.

1. Jayden Short – DEF – $319,300 – 113SC

Rotated between forward and the wing. Feels like a blue moon score here. Had 58SC in JLT1

1. Brandon Ellis – DEF – $502,500 – 62SC

Played back 6 and looked pretty ordinary. Woke up in the second half a bit and started to bring his rebound game. 62SC tonight to go with his 57SC from JLT1. For 500k you could do a lot better. Pass

1. Shane Edwards – MID/FWD – $414,600 – 63SC

Typically busy performance but makes some down right dumb decisions sometimes. 6 clangers out of his 23 touches.

1. Trent Cotchin – MID – $555,000 – 83SC

He’s almost too good looking. That would be my main deterrent in… you know, considering a relationship.

Copped the Jacobs tag midway through the second. Spent time between each arc in the third then moved back into the middle when the game was run and done. His round 14 bye sucks.

1. Jack Graham – MID – $268,800 – 58SC

I still love you, Jack. Was pushed out of the coalface and onto a wing where he had 18 disposals. 58SC wasn’t helped by 4 frees against.

1. Corey Ellis – DEF/MID – $228,400 – 56SC

A nasty head gash meant he sat out most of the first. Played less than half the match with only 46% TOG. His 96 in JLT1 made me sit up and take notice, only 56SC tonight. Job security is my issue with Corey I reckon.

1. Nank – RUCK – $488,300 – 132SC

Didn’t get to see him last week against being knocked out early against the Bombers. As such he’s been overlooked as a partner to Gawn. Goldy had the better of him in the ruck but his game is being a presence around the ground and he certainly was. 21 disposals (13 contested) at 71 d.e%

Hauled in 3 contested marks, one of which was mark of the year (don’t @ me) over Ziebell in the first quarter. Consider.

1. Kane Lambert – MID/FWD – $472, 500 – 109SC

Kicked 3 first half goals and finished with 4. Was talked about early days as an option but Richmond’s spread of goal kickers means he’s not a reliable option in my book.

1. Dusty – MID – $656,000 – 80SC

Bit of a quite night on the stats sheet for Dusty. Had a few fend offs but wasn’t at his line breaking best. Had a game high 7 clangers which kept his score down.

1. Shai Bolton – FWD – $242,500 – 58SC

Absolute pest. Has a lovely set shot but if he’d just take a breath before he takes a snap at goal he could be anything. For mine, he’s locked up Rioli’s spot for a round 1. Might stick around when Rioli returns but he won’t be first choice. Not for SuperCoach

1. Jack Riewoldt – FWD – $455,200 – 77SC

Focal point in attack but i guess that’s a given when you’re the only tall forward up there. Tries to be too clever sometimes which puts me off picking him up.

Incident in the third will be looked at when he tried to chuck a high 5 and missed completely, striking Caddy high.

1. Caddyshack – MID/FWD – $419,600 – 115SC

Somehow managed 115SC from 2 goals and 20 disposals. Was that guy who ran into the open goal squad to accept the easy handball. Had 136SC last week. Burnt many last year, any takers?

SuperCoach Significance – North

1. Marley Williams – DEF – $396,300 – 119SC

Snuck up on me last week and I didn’t make the same mistake this time around. His rebounding and precision by foot stood out. Had 22 disposals, (15 kicks) at 81% d.e. Nine R50’s

1. Jamie Macmillan – DEF – $424,600 – 90SC

Looks to be North’s go to guy along with Williams coming out of defence. A bit handball happy. He had 7 R50s and 23 disposals (13 handballs).

1. Shaun Atley – FWD – $373,800 – 50SC

Dud.

1. Billy Hartung – MID – $402,600 – 66SC

Still quick. That’s about all you need to know. The order of popular midprice midfielders goes: 1. Cogs, 2. Armitage, 3. Daylight, 4. Hartung.

1. LDU – MID – $189,300 – 43SC

LDU was under my microscope tonight after a so-so JLT1, after tonight he is scratched off my list. 17 touches but he wasn’t influential.

1. Mason Wood – FWD – $352,400 – 54SC

Played third tall behind Brown and Waite. North rate him. I don’t. Pass

1. Jack Ziebell – MID – $493,600 – 105SC

Still the only North midfielder who looks like he give a genuine toss. Had 15 disposals in the first half and finished with 24. Efficiency has always been a problem for Jack though with only 58 d.e% tonight. A better daily fantasy pick for North games.

1. Goldmember – RUCK – $521,400 – 81SC and
  2. Braydon Preuss – RUCK – $347,000 – 39SC

In a baffling display of honesty, Brad Scott straight up came out yesterday and said of the ruck plans, “Round 1, whichever way we decide to go, may not be the way we go round 2”. Go find the darkest marker you own and put a big fat line through both these guys.

Game wise; they each played a half. The highlights were Goldy selling some sweet candy to Conca for a goal and Preuss smashed a 70m barrel. Wouldn’t be picking either after Scott’s comments.

1. Shaun Higgins – MID – $505,000 – 119SC

Missed the boat last week but tonight delivered the kind of preseason performance we’ve all come to love from Shaun. Played his usual role of midfielder while drifting forward. 31 disposals and a goal from 82% TOG. Surely is a one of those big “lock of the week” padlocks for Patch now.

1. Ben Cunnington – MID – $500,800 – 72SC

Can share the podium with Ziebell as another trier in North’s engine room. 14 first half disposals and finished with 28 (13 contested) 9 clearances but also 6 clangers.

1. Mitch Hibberd – MID – $169,300 – 47SC

Only 48% TOG after 41% in JLT1. Scott seems reluctant to play him. 11 touches at 81 d.e. Look elsewhere.

1. Tom Murphy – DEF/MID – $124,900 – 15SC

I confess I don’t know a lot about this guy and maybe Brad Scott didn’t recognise him on the bench. 39% TOG and he can go straight off your rookie watchlist

Ben Brown  FWD – $423,300 – 62SC

Kicked the opening goal of the game from 20m out directly in front on a 50m run up. That’s the only thing I wanted to mention. Don’t pick hm.

What did you take out of the game community? Who caught your eye?

Follow Kev on Twitter at SC_Kev7

Dangerwoodlett · 07/03/2018 at 23:02

Good job kev.

Thanks mate

Patch · 07/03/2018 at 23:12

Josh Caddy please stop. No. Don't do this to me.

Stirlsy · 07/03/2018 at 23:32

JLT gold Patch but real season Bronze ………

Lekdog · 08/03/2018 at 08:03

Very cheap forward, maybe my projections were just a year too early?

Brad · 07/03/2018 at 23:19

You reckon Prestia ad Rioli migh also be considered noticeable missing players .

SC_Kev7 · 07/03/2018 at 23:38

Fair. Disappointed Prestia didn’t over his “minor” hammy in time. Rioli gets mentioned in Bolton’s recap. I’ll ask Patch to update that tomorrow

GloryDays90 · 07/03/2018 at 23:24

Considering Nank after this. He plays like another Midfielder and kicks goals!

Lekdog · 08/03/2018 at 08:03

Worse options out there

Jesus of Nazareth · 07/03/2018 at 23:31

Could Hibberd be having less game time because they expect a full season out of him?

SC_Kev7 · 08/03/2018 at 07:23

A different take on it, JoN. It’s possible I guess. Hibberd hasn’t really nailed down a spot at North, for him to play under a half in both JLT games is concerning. Coffield a better choice for 2k more

Defying_Madness · 07/03/2018 at 23:41

Should I be concerned about Houli not playing? He only played half of JLT1 on top of that. I have had him in my team for most of the preseason and might be starting to get cold feet on him when I could get Simpson at the same price. Any info on him would be appreciated.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 00:02

Hardwick said he's "touch and go for round1" with calf soreness.

JasonBark · 07/03/2018 at 23:46

Corey Ellis was gonna be my little weapon. Hard to get much out of a injury plagued 1st qtr, then 46% tog but still an okay 56 points for tog. Annoying..

Kyle · 08/03/2018 at 01:41

7 clangers and 8 kicks with 14 hballs is far from what we want to be seeing from a 650k player. Games like this are why i feel dusty is much more likely to drop cash than the other uber premos. The others have consistency where as dusty has the huge ceiling but also the very low basement.

Nark · 08/03/2018 at 09:08

He actually only had 3 changers. He had 7 clearances though

Rick Grimes · 08/03/2018 at 11:17

Dusty has been in my side but I'm wavering.

Major · 08/03/2018 at 06:19

How many points did bank score vs goldy? Ie real ruck

SC_Kev7 · 08/03/2018 at 07:17

Nank was on 69 at 1/2 time, Major

StevoRivo · 08/03/2018 at 08:24

F2 options opening up. Is Lambert worth the punt?. DPP and pretty consistent. Dollhouse is out for me, and Billing’s still unsighted. Does anyone have his SC points from his last dozen games?

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 08/03/2018 at 09:14

Log onto footywire mate
    Has every players score for their career by year.

StevoRivo · 08/03/2018 at 09:20

Thanks Trigga. Some light reading tonight. 👍🏽

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 09:17

Lambert averaged 93 after the bye last year. Looking like a pretty decent option to me.

StevoRivo · 08/03/2018 at 09:23

Thanks Captain. Reckon he might take a step up this year as he is grooming the likes of Higgins for the same role

Beezneez · 08/03/2018 at 12:35

Think Billings is playing tonight. After JLT you would think Caddy is the one but can you trust him? SC has player scores from the last couple of years – put up player profile and highlight the year required.

StevoRivo · 08/03/2018 at 13:19

Hi Beez.
      Caddy tends to beat up the weaker sides then go missing. Potential break out but he burnt me last season and I’m more keen on Lambert if those 2. If Billing’s goes big tonight, I may start him over Lambert, but he really needs to start kicking better!

Beezneez · 08/03/2018 at 14:03

Think you're right Stevo. Caddy could be a trap. Currently have Sicily at F4 rather than D4 as the def rooks are looking a lot better. Billings may be eased into the game on account of his hammy problem – look to TOG. Toby Greene is one to watch for me as well but there is the flog factor to consider although you would think he has been told to pull his head in to justify his $6m tag..

StevoRivo · 08/03/2018 at 15:59

Thanks Beez.
          Yes I have a lighter defence set up too, with 3 premos, 3 in Fwds, plus 5 and Cogs in the Midfield.

But ahh Tobias Greene – Super talent but the undisputed King Of Flogs. Suspensions kill his selection for me. Can’t trust him. Sicily more tempting, though behaving like the Flog Prince, looks to have some of Greene’s DNA. 🙄

Will watch tonight’s game closely.

Lazza · 08/03/2018 at 20:20

The one thing going for the Caddy selection is that he is marked for more Midfield and Half Back work this year..

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:18

Hey Steve, Petracca could outscore Lambert this year and he's 40 grand cheaper.

Rick Grimes · 08/03/2018 at 09:18

I'm locking Nank in. Also considering Lambert. I feel the Tiges are gonna maul a lot of teams and while the likes of Dusty get put on ice late in the game, Lambo is going to rack up points.

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 09:57

I'm keen on Nank. Given last year was his first full season playing, you would think that his endurance this year will be better. He won't always be winning the hitouts, but makes up for it with tackles, marks etc. I think he improves on last year quite comfortably.

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 10:24

Risky, Nank 2018 is significantly different to Nank 2017. He is no longer a relatively cheap option and he is not a DPP. Very impressive against horrible opposition in a JLT game but take that for what it's worth. Max Gawn is only 15k more so having Nank instead of Gawn seems a bit odd. If you have Gawn then paying top dollar for someone like Kreuzer. Or. Bargain Lycett and have extra dollars for midfield premos seem like better options, Just my opinion

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 11:11

I like Risk! Gawn is Locked. Now Lycett is definitely risky…and Kreuzer is a premium but not necessarily good value.

To me Nank is pretty low risk. I'm not sure how good the upside will be, but the downside risk is relatively low. I can't see him being worse than 2017, and should be better. Yes, more expensive, but last year he was an unknown.

Rick Grimes · 08/03/2018 at 11:16

I'm going Gawn and Nank. The Nank was so impressive around the ground. Looks like his game has moved to another level.

David C · 08/03/2018 at 15:20

Nank will probably be nursed through the season as well or even rested at times.

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 10:13

Just how much trouble are the Kangas in? Obviously they play all their young players but without any real direction or leadership do those young talents just flounder and fall behind their peers. We've seen it before with high draft picks not kicking on at Melb 5 or 6 years ago.

Should we just put a line through North players for supercoach relevancy even though the rookies will have the best Js in the comp?

Seeker · 08/03/2018 at 12:17

North's general skills were bloody ordinary last night. I am very hesitant to pick any North player this year.

Tofor85 · 08/03/2018 at 11:33

Draft League… as a 6th choice defender.. Williams or McMillan..?
Looks like they might score well coming off half back.. ?

Tofor85 · 08/03/2018 at 11:38

I say score "well".. I mean.. be decent out of a lack of remaining better options..

Seeker · 08/03/2018 at 12:15

Bailey William or Marley William both probably better than McMillan

Tofor85 · 08/03/2018 at 12:39

Yeah, meant Marley Williams… I think I'll go with him.

Shake_n_Bake_ · 08/03/2018 at 11:39

Were we sit now what fwd rookies look likely??

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 11:59

At the moment stuff all that I can see. Potentially some West Coast lads, Venables. Rioli , Ryan & Waterman, Fritsch at the Dees, Garlett at Carlton, Stephenson at Collingwood.

None look likely to score well or reliably and job security is ?? . Probably best to have a Premo & mid price plan for the forward line.

Tonight's teams will give us a bit more of a guide.

The Ranger · 08/03/2018 at 12:54

Lack of Mid/Fwd rookie options is very concerning

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 13:29

One downside of just the the 2 JLT games it seems. Most clubs have opted for strong squads.

It'll probably be a fairly slow start to the season with the rookies as well. They'll needs to prove good from in the state leagues before they get a look in the seniors.

Westy · 08/03/2018 at 13:28

No Naish. At this rate there will be wailing and Naishing of teeth!

Sam · 08/03/2018 at 14:21

Cheers Kev.

I dunno about you fellas but this year is looking bloody tricky. A dearth of even semi-reliable forward options is doing my head in + choosing a ruckman next to Gawn is a huge dilemma. Any thoughts on my team would be much appreciated.

Laird – Hibberd – Lloyd – O'Brien – Doedee – Finlayson (Keeffe, Mirra)

Dangerfield – Martin – Mitchell – Crouch – Fyfe – O'Meara (god help me) – Brayshaw – LDU (Kelly, Barry, Holman)

Grundy – Gawn (Cameron)

Heeney – Greene – Boak (why is no one else picking him?) – Christensen – Garlett – Ryan (Ahern, Fritsch)

Overall I think given the difficulties in choosing premium defenders and especially forwards this year, I've decided to load up in the mids with who I feel will be the 5 most reliable options (byes be damned). I am loathe to pick O'Meara but don't really need the extra 200k if I were to downgrade to a rookie as I don't want to strengthen any other lines. I'd sooner let the best defenders and forwards declare themselves throughout the season and I'll upgrade to them. Otherwise it's a total minefield.

Let me know your thoughts!

SC_Kev7 · 08/03/2018 at 15:39

Hey Sam, I think structure wise you’re in a good place. A few I’m not interested in myself (JOM, LDU in particular) but to each their own.

These last few weeks before R1 can be difficult as our ideal sides can go up in flames if the rookies don’t come to the party.

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 15:43

Hi This year it's dangerous to go with 2 possibly 3 if you count Bundy rookie forwards I would look at JOM and LDU downgrades to cheap mid rookies, and they are there, then strengthen Bundy and garlett Even whats left on the forward line RYAN AHEARN and FRITISCH are no certain starters

Shake_n_Bake_ · 08/03/2018 at 16:31

Hey Neil not sure if you got my msg on the other page, but have 1 spot left in Up There Cazaly. You were in it last year would love you back buddy another top 100 finish! 212948

Shake_n_Bake_ · 08/03/2018 at 17:40

Sorry Neil somebody else jumped in just opened spot for you now. 212948

Derek · 08/03/2018 at 20:04

Boak was flat out averaging 100 when he played in the midfield. Now he is playing half forward, he might manage 85-90. At that price there are better options. ie Barlow, Papley Devon.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:19

Hey sam, plenty of better options out there than Boak mate.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 14:53

Ok guys i'm opening up another league called…. Fish'n'Cripps …. This a private league… Just let me know your name, team name and where you finished last year and i'll review and consider who stays and who goes… Code is……486097…. this is my last and final league

HallyMate · 08/03/2018 at 15:25

Hall Of Fame, 303

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 15:55

Well done Ryan welcum mate

NovemberFoxtrotIndia · 08/03/2018 at 18:33

Gator

Top 5000 last year..would like to test myself against the BigBoys.
        Team name last year…Darks Demons.
        This year November foxtrot india.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 18:51

Great to see you in there NFI and welcome… I wouldn't exactly say against the big boys.. But will be competitive as long as all keep focused

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 15:45

Armatage in FOR Dusty GAT I am just hoping you and RUSSTY are wrong and armo is at least an 80-90 player

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 15:57

Good luck with that Neil and remember to bring your fire extinguisher 'cause your gunna get burnt ..lol

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 16:34

Have faith in the Sainters GAT. Jack Steven Armo Coffield and Clarke all relevant

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 16:39

I have faith in them Neil.. Just not in SC

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 17:23

what about brown —–solid defender

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 17:50

Brown solids in his shorts

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 20:20

A solid 30 every week Neil lol

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 21:47

Being very generous there rusty.. There's only 3300 points to go around

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 21:48

Lol, he's in the Prestagiacomo, Zac Dawson category for SC points.

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 22:32

Had him in his first year and he just flat out refused to make any financial gain, could not get rid of him, Forever known as Herpes Brown the player you get stuck with and cannot get rid of

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:43

Hey Tibor, yeah he's one of those rare guys who fails to score very many points on a regular basis for some reason, could seem attractive rather than a rookie, but at least rookies can go up and down, Brown is just down lol

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:47

Yep you've nailed it Russty about as handy as a hip pocket in a pair of undies

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:53

Hi Tibor jump in the league above that I have posted if you want… Fish'n'Cripps .. Just let me know your team name if you decide to jump in so I don't kick you out by mistake… Cheers mate

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 21:51

Jump in the league above Russty if you want….. Fish'n'Cripps

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:16

Thanks Gator but I'm already full bud, already in about 6 leagues with you I think 🙂

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:50

Yep fair enough mate

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 16:05

If the 2 JLT games are anything to go by Dusty will drop dramatically after a few weeks into the season

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 16:33

Did you avoid Dane Swan based on pre-season form?

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 16:38

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 16:41

I'm not saying i'm avoiding him..Just saying he will drop in price nicely… And the same as Swan when he was playing

Captain Risky · 08/03/2018 at 19:01

yes, true..

Rick Grimes · 08/03/2018 at 18:20

Rick Grimes. Top 3k last year, I think. Top 2k year before.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 18:53

Jump in Rick you're always welcome in any of my Leagues

Macca · 08/03/2018 at 18:40

Hi Gator
    Team name " Macca's Magic 1300 last year

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 18:54

good to see you Macca .. Nice finish last season .. and welcome

Pitch72 · 08/03/2018 at 15:18

It would seem no North players are worthy of s/coach selection after last night, steering well clear.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 16:01

I said this months ago where North, Saints and Gold Coast wont be SC relevant

Clueless · 08/03/2018 at 17:35

Will Brodie?

Laird Lad Donuts · 08/03/2018 at 16:11

Marley Williams?

Pitch72 · 08/03/2018 at 16:59

Trap mate

Tofor85 · 08/03/2018 at 17:45

I've taken him with a late pick in my Draft side, but wouldn't touch for Salary Cap Supercoach Classic at this point

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:45

Higgins and Ziebell are the only options I think, and there are better options than those two.

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 17:45

Two years ago I would say the Dees had only one relevant supercoach player GAWN This year you could easily mount an argument for — Gawn Oliver Hibberd TMacDonald Melksham Hogan Petracca Fritsch and Lever 9 of them The Fantasy game changes so quick that StKilda could be very relevant GATOR but they need to attract elite players like KELLY FYFE MARTIN instead of Membrey ,Steele,Brown, to join good kids like CLARK COFFIELD etc I wouldn't give up on supercoach relevance just yet. Armatage is cheap enough to make coin with excellent J S AND flick him at the byes for a fallen premium Sorry mate just my opinion I have good history with armo and like him

Derek · 08/03/2018 at 19:57

I do like Melbourne’s draw leading to the byes

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 17:56

I see your point Neil .. But the injuries he's had the last few years with groins don't sit right with me.. they take so long to get over and they never fully recover and it's the same as hammys….. If you keep at me you'll end up convincing me.. What the hell am I thinking here

neil Demons Delight · 08/03/2018 at 18:53

is freeman over his hammy he has had plenty Good Luck Tonight Gat Keep an eye on Melksham cheers

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 18:58

Don't think we'll ever see the best of Freeman poor bugger… Good luck mate you're gunna need it hahaha.. Keeping my eye on Melksham and ANB could be a sneaky pod

Rick Grimes · 08/03/2018 at 19:43

Fritsch must be a lock at this stage.

hedski · 08/03/2018 at 19:46

30 points qtr time.

TOPHAWK1 · 08/03/2018 at 21:09

Yep. First forward rookie locked in my side. Petracca, and Clayton Oliver are both in lock territory also. Both look very very good.

SCdonkey · 08/03/2018 at 21:18

Oliver, Gawn and Fritsch locked. Dusty will be my upgraade target. Just deciding on that last spot on midfield out of Kelly and Cripps.

Billings is close to a lock for me up forward.

TOPHAWK1 · 08/03/2018 at 21:29

Exactly what I am now considering. Oliver to start and grab Dusty later in the season. Billings is now a LOCK, Gawn is a lock, Petracca is a LOCK, and Fritsch is now also a LOCK. I think the Dees are going to have a very good season.

Derek · 08/03/2018 at 22:33

I didn’t see billings in guys much

Derek · 08/03/2018 at 22:35

Guts

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:39

Not sure how many times he went through there Derek and how many points he scored but did look good for first hit out

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 22:43

It would be nice to see Fritsch get an opportunity he does deserve it. I'm not convinced at all about his job security. Viney simply has to be in doubt for round one. If he misses I think Fritsch would get his chance. The problem here is Fritsch will get a brief taste then go back to Casey before there is a chance to build any cash. Melbourne have been doing this with rookies ever since Paul Roos took over, e.g. Oliver in 2016. It's great to see from a development point so different to just throwing them to the wolves like what used to happen. Similar story with Hannan last year. Be wary of Demon rookies

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 22:51

not much choice though

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 21:47

Hey guys, agree with you on Fritsch, Petracca and Billings, do you think Oliver is more of a lock in than Bont or Cripps?
    Cheers .

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:19

When you got the best ruckman in the league ramming it down Olivers throat = LOCK… And Cripps from Kruz

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:47

Was nice to see Oliver kick 2 goals tonight, half as many as he kicked all last season! Kick the thing son!

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:03

I don't mind a bloke hand balling when he does it as well as Oliver. When he does kick he at least usually gives it a good roost. He kicks some really good goals too the one at Adelaide last year had to be close to goal of the year, the real step up in his game has to be hitting the scoreboard, that would give his sc ceiling a real boost.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:10

Another bonus of Oliver Tibor is…when he's getting a handball he's usually getting the SC points for a clearance as well, which I think is 5 or so?

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:13

Think he had most handballs in the afl last year and top two or three for clearances so you are spot on. It makes him nearly tagger proof also…

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:15

Should be a SC staple for years to come just be nice to see 20 goals a year as well to get some really big scores

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:18

Hell yeah, if he kicked a goal a game his average goes 115 +.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 21:54

Nice!…Goodwin just said Fritsch will be pretty close to playing round 1, after playing some really good footy.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:30

Hope we have a lock there Russty with Fritcsh…. What's happened to Trevs site do you know Russty?

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:36

It's over mate, had some kind of Technical problems that made the site irretrievable, not sure if it was foul play from a third party or a genuine crash that crashed and burned the site, bloody shame though, I miss it.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:42

Just when I was getting used to it too.. It's a shame , had some great material in there

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 22:55

hope it somehow survives liked it also thanks trev a truly great site

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:23

I don't know the SC scores yet but I may have to retract what I have said about the saints players being non relevant.. ie Billings and Savage

I still say that Armitage will be a burn man

GloryDays90 · 08/03/2018 at 22:28

Billings and Savage just made there way into my team after that. And are now locked.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:25

Hey Neil, we might've won that game tonight if your man Melksham didn't do a Tekken sliding attack on Steven, messing up his ankle, the scores were tied at 3/4 time and that could've made all the difference, I'll let it go this time mate but if it happens again, I'll have to come over there and kick yer ass lol.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:32

Pick me up on the way through Russty

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:34

Will do mate 🙂

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:35

What's happened to Trevs site Russty , Do you know?

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:40

Answered above Gator.

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 23:01

long way to Phillip Island fellas My next door neighbours GRINTER He will fix you up Gator stick armo welcome TRACCA

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:09

Are you finally getting on the Tracca Train Neil?

neil demons delight · 09/03/2018 at 00:01

yep TROUBLE IS I have7 now gawn oliver hibberd tracca Fritsch MOST WILL HAVE THEM and melksham and Tmac

Russty_ · 09/03/2018 at 00:06

How bad is T-Mac's Toe injury Neil?

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:16

Hey Neil, I went to Philip Island a few years back for a debauchery weekend and Penguin viewing, lovely natural place you live in there bud, are you replacing Armo with Petracca in the mids?…I'd keep Trac forward.
      If you're not keen on Armo, maybe replace with a starting Rookie..even Corey Ellis, Dow, Coffield, Finlayson? Keep the def/mid swinger.

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:20

Hey Rusty is the debauchery and penguins thing still being sold as a package deal, I am keen to book early for the bye weekends.

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:26

Hehe, think there might be a Debauchery, Penguins and Racetrack tickets package now Tibor 🙂

neil demons delight · 09/03/2018 at 00:07

The Doc comes from here played juniors for phillip island. I have all of those rusty just going one short in mids

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:33

hahaha you have finally seen the light neil

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:38

Looks like we gotta bring in the big guns Russty on our visit to phillip island…. Plugger, Ditterich and mad dog muir should be suffice

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:43

Don't forget Zac Dawson Gator…so we can drown him and feed him to the Local Great Whites lol

gator59 · 09/03/2018 at 00:01

Dawson would be stupid enough to have a go at the penguins and even they would still beat him

Russty_ · 09/03/2018 at 00:07

He'd probably trip and fall head first into a shark's mouth 🙂

neil demons delight · 09/03/2018 at 00:13

I worked for Lindsay Fox He had some tough nuts there you would both know morrow cowboy neale allan davis

gator59 · 09/03/2018 at 12:19

All great players there Neil

neil demons delight · 09/03/2018 at 00:14

baz hall

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 22:50

Ok guys, I don't usually do this 'Smith or Jones' thing but Bont or Oliver…and why.. Who will have the better year?

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 22:58

Like I said up the page a bit Russty when you got the best ruckman in the league ramming it down Olivers throat =LOCK

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:01

Right…and Kreuz being a close second, or First, I guess I should go with Cripps and Oliver, and leave Bont out…but Bont is still good…aaargh.

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 23:04

Agree RUSSTY Oliver and Cripps look good as do gawn and kruze

Tibor · 08/03/2018 at 23:07

The Bont does have that golden boy thing going with the good folk at champion data, I think he gets 15 points for running through the banner

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:15

And another 20 when they win by throwing the little footys to the kids in the crowd

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:10

You can still pick the Bont up later mate …

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:19

True Gator, he is also a serial dropper in price, like dusty.

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:30

Yeah he burnt me bad last year and that little ferret dollshouse

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:37

Yeah he is kinda like some of Ferret, Weasel, rodenty thing..Dollshouse I mean…Bont could improve this year.

Derek · 09/03/2018 at 08:23

Smith ahead of Jones, I’m certain on that one.

Almost as certain, is Oliver over Bont.

Bont will go into the forward line for the dogs this year and spend a fair bit of time there. This could be good if he clunks a few for a goal or two, but it might mean periods of no points if they are getting beat.

The thing I like most about Oliver is this is his 3rd year, traditional break out year for the elite players. Some will say he had his breakout last year, but he only had 76% TOG last year, he still has upside. He will kick a few goals this year (4 last year) and he will have Gawn in the ruck, we may be looking at a significant improvement on his efforts last year

gator59 · 09/03/2018 at 12:24

Agree with all you have said there Derek and with the big bearded one ramming it down his throat which = points

TOPHAWK1 · 08/03/2018 at 22:55

Lycett or Nankervis for R2 community? I want to hear some noise!!!

Sorry Lek and Patch, despite your best efforts, the podcasts post Jock/Higgo/and Crouching are now somewhat devoid of politically incorrect funny toilet humour. I miss it!!

Do something! Just DO!!

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:04

I'm going with Gawnkervis Hawk…don't trust Lycett or Simpson will be there long enough to see us through, Nank looked amazing the other night 🙂

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:06

On last nights effort you would have to say the Nank.. Just not sure if he can knock out the big scores like Gawn and Kruz…
    But none the less he could average 90/95 and upgrade later or keep him for the year

In all fairness I still like the Gawn/ Kruz set and forget… If your plan is to upgrade half way through you could be down a potential 500 points by not getting in Kruz from the start

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 23:08

was that John Kennedy NANK BY A MILE HAWK but gawn /kruze for me

Clueless · 08/03/2018 at 23:13

Nank for me, safer pick as Lycett is contending with NicNat and Vardy when both fit and will probably only average 80ish no matter what. Nank with a whole year and solid preseason under his belt should improve to around 90-100 average. Also if Nank goes down it'll be easier to find a replacement than it would be for Lycett

GloryDays90 · 08/03/2018 at 23:18

Everyone shall now bow down to GAWNKERVIS 😂

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:26

If any of you guys want to jump into the the last league I have set up called.. Fish'n'Cripps …. code..486097 .. just let me know your team name so I don't kick you out accidentally.. cheers

SCdonkey · 09/03/2018 at 13:30

Personally I'll stay clear from both TH.
    At the moment I have Gawn/Kreuzer set and forget.

I am still thinking of Gawn/Simpson and spend the cash in mid for Rocky as M6, gut instinct is telling me to get Rocky early. If that fails, I can always downgrade to a Rookie on a bubble and upgrade Simpson to a premo who's fallen in price.

neil demons delight · 09/03/2018 at 19:33

2 trades though donc

gator59 · 08/03/2018 at 23:28

Does anyone know the SC scores from tonight

Russty_ · 08/03/2018 at 23:38

Check the latest match report mate.

neil demons delight · 08/03/2018 at 23:52

footyfan or footywire gator

Clueless · 09/03/2018 at 00:04

http://www.fanfooty.com.au Has all the scores from every match mate

gator59 · 09/03/2018 at 00:14

Cheers mate

Love a Tag · 09/03/2018 at 01:55

Anybody considering Ben Jacobs $200k and will out perform expensive rookies. Also will get games

Lekdog · 10/03/2018 at 11:07

Not sure he'll generate enough cash