By Dan Batten

I gathered my Leeder beans from lunch and set out to watch a pretty interesting contest at Leederville Oval – i.e. I had nothing else better to do with my Sunday night so I chucked the footy on.

Notable Absentees – WEST COAST: Nic Naitanui, Josh Kennedy, Willie Rioli,

Notable Absentees – PORT ADELAIDE: Tom Rockliff, Chad Wingard,

Injuries: Ah Chee, Motlop, McGovern

There was no love lost as the Eagles won another tight tussle, just as they did in the Elimination Final last year. Luke Shuey was prominent as he was in that game, and Charlie Dixon was too – except he could hit the side of a barn door with his goalkicking this time.

However, I would not have had money on Jack Redden finishing as the highest scorer on the ground, nor Lewis Jetta unleashing a 60m bomb to win the game in the last minute. Go figure.

Bear in mind that most of the scores were heavily shat on by scaling, so the scores aren’t a true reflection of each player’s influence during the 4 quarters.

Perhaps even stranger than the result was the writing in both of the change rooms:

Leederville is good,

Leederville is great
We surrender our will,
As of this date.

How very odd. Anyway, let’s get into the good stuff.

West Coast

Luke Shuey – $529,100 – MID – 149 SC

Heres a pre-season teaser. Scored 52 points in a first half where he was Mr Steal Your Goal, taking the advantage of an Ah Chee free kick inside 50. He then reverted back to his regulation Duck-like nature, as we saw in the Elimination Final. Whopping 149 point-effort could be a sign of things to come this year after a disappointing 2017 campaign. You could do worse as nice POD midfield option considering he is the sole contested ball-winner in their midfield.

Jack Redden – $437,900 – MID – 162 SC

Appears to be shouldering the midfield load more with Priddis and Mitchell out of the picture. Had a really good last quarter which inflated his score. Was it a blue moon? Yes but definitely can see his average lifting from last year.

Lewis Jetta – $386,500 – MID – 114 SC

Exceptional today but cannot be trusted in the game of SuperCoach. Next.

Nathan Vardy $373,300 – RUCK – 83 SC

Speaking of teasers… Many learnt their lesson last year, but for those that are interested, he is nothing but a KFC Tempter. Had a very good day playing both ruck and forward, rotating with Lycett.

Elliot Yeo – $561,300DEF – 96 SC

Yeoooooo did his best work as an intercepting defender last year and played purely as a midfielder today. The same role that saw his scoring take a plunge in the back-half of last year. Looks like he will be playing there throughout the season, which reduces his relevance a touch.

Brendon Ah Chee$255,100 MID/FWD – 48 SC

Shuey stealing his goal wasn’t the only thing that upset Ah Chee today. Started well playing mid forward with a few centre bounce attendances but an injury stemmed his influence thereon. Had his ankle iced late in the fourth. Ow Chee.

Liam Ryan$117,300 FWD – 46 SC

The human highlight reel showed few highlights and lived up to his name early, booting the first goal with an acrobatic gather and banana from the goal square. He is going to win a car by seasons end and his mentality to win Mark of the Year at every marking contest he went in was clear. Missed a soda late in the last. Should be a handy bench option this year, and I’d expect him to get a Round 1 debut.

Daniel Venables – $123,900 – MID/FWD – 31 SC

Kept thinking this guy was Shuey. The former first round draftee has talent, but 5 disposals and 31 points from 74% gametime probably aint going to cut the mustard.

Francis Watson- $123,900 – DEF – 42 SC

Played the second half and looks up to the standard. Has a raking right boot his teammates like him to use. You can see why Eagles fans have been ranting and raving about this kid for the past year or so. If he plays Round 1 I’m picking him.

Jeremy McGovern – $498,800 – DEF – 10 SC

We didn’t get to see much of McGovern today thanks to an errant Robbie Gray shoulder. Can’t recall his three disposals but I’m sure they were good.

Andrew Gaff – $512,000– MID 149 SC

Looked fit as ever. The running machine’s outside ball winning was first class as per usual, finishing with 35 disposals at 88% and 138 big ones. Could he lift to that uber premium level this year in the absence of Mitchell and Priddis? You’d be a braver soul than me to pick him.

Scott Lycett – $277,100 – RUCK – 81 SC

Was the primary ruckman of the two big boys. Solid return, and one who could be a genuine ruck option (wait, what’s that ?) if NicNat isn’t fit by the beginning of the season.

Shannon Hurn – $486,200– DEF – 79 SC

Much like his hair, his fantasy relevance is decreasing by the year. Reasonable return today, though.

PORT ADELAIDE

Paddy Ryder – $566,500 – RUCK – 88 SC

Surprisingly quiet considering his opposition. Expected Ryder to really dominate, but did nothing around the ground. Tapwork was first class and saved his score. Without Trengove (the tall one) in I still think Ryder is the best ruck option (besides Gawn, obviously).

Robbie Gray – $504,300 – FWD – 40 SC

It was great to see the livewire out on the park after his cancer battle. Will be going on a bit of a holiday after a considerable bump to McGovern’s neckless noggin.

Kicked a bloody good snap around the body in the 2nd, but played almost exclusively as a forward. Do I hear alarm bells?

Jasper Pittard $434,000 – DEF – 105 SC

Top scorer for Port. Jasper the friendly ghost managed 105 from 67 per cent gametime and took 10 marks. Impressive display but I was a bit surprised to see him at the top of the chart for Port at game’s end.

Ollie Wines – $543,500 – MID – 69 SC

Johnny Butcher had his knife out today, going at just 40 per cent disposal efficiency from his 15 disposals. Won’t be amongst the top SuperCoach echelon if he can’t fix this.

Travis Boak –$467,800 – MID/FWD – 93 SC

I am taking this performance from him with a grain of salt, as Tom Rockliff is still coming in to this midfield group. Spent a fair bit of time forward regardless which is a concern. Better options at his price I think.

Dom Barry – $117,300 – MID – 99 SC

Rare situation where you can trust a guy with 2 first names. Kicked a very nice goal and looked classy whenever he got near it. Only concern is he will need to be fed the ball to score well, so I wouldn’t be expecting this return every week. Still at $117k, you take whatever you can get. Lock it in, Eduardo.

Charlie Dixon – $499,800 FWD – 79 SC

Played with attitude, bashing packs and throwing his weight around. Kicked three goals but cost his side the game by not taking Brad Sheppard out for the count. Difficult to justify any Port premiums with that ugly ugly bye but Dixon is one to consider with Port’s fairly easy run to start the season. Not for me, though.

Sam Powell-Pepper – $356,000 – MID – 43 SC

Channelling his inner Rhyce Shaw with that chrome dome he’s rocking. Question marks on his disposal as well as his haircut.

Riley Bonner –  $257,300 – DEF – 49 SC

Watching his run off half-back and his delicious left foot gives me a bit of a Bonner. His scoring potential and consistency levels do not.

Jack Watts – $416,500 – FWD – 56 SC

Will he rise into fantasy relevance at a new club? Wouldn’t have thought so. Had a good game today but scoring of this level on a consistent basis is unlikely.

Jack Trengove – $162,7000 MID – 49 SC

11 disposals from 52 per cent gametime is handy, but he won’t score you points if he’s not playing AFL. Lock for SANFL SC.

Steve Motlop – $403,500 – MID/FWD – 24 SC

Had to check the stats to see if he was playing half-way through. Turns out he wasn’t. Only the 52 per cent gametime but did very little when he was on, even with midfield minutes. Had his leg on ice late in the last.

Not an awful lot to conclude from this game other than that Robbie Gray is potentially/maybe/sort of off my watchlist and Shuey is a legitimate option. Oh, and Jack Redden ownership will rise to 50 per cent.

What did you think community? Are you looking at Redden? Who else caught your eye?

Stirlsy · 25/02/2018 at 23:08

DB looks like the word coming out of Adelaide was good, very good, his worked his way on to the bench after that. Still on watch list but hard to ignore that!!!!

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:20

Who?

Stirlsy · 25/02/2018 at 23:22

DB= Dom Barry

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:26

Oh right, I thought you were referring to my name… Yeah definitely, almost have enough confidence to field him from the get go.

BluebaggerJosh · 25/02/2018 at 23:12

115,600 in the bank

DEF: Hurley, Laird, Hibberd, O shea, Doedee, Murray (Mirra, O keefe)

MID: Dangerfield, Martin, Tom Mitchell, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Dow, Luke davies-uniacke (kelly, worpel, spargo)

RUC: Gawn, Naitanui (Cameron)

FWD: Menegola, Heeney, Curnow, Ahern, garlett, Ryan (Higgins, Rioli)

Obviously Rookies gonna change depending on JLT/selection (for example tossing up between Dow or Rayner) but would like thoughts on premos/mid pricers and overall structure.

Some changes i'm considering
Tossing up also between Curnow and Sicily. Also considering Curnow to a fwd premo such as greene, Curnow to christensen and a rookie in backline to Sicily OR a fwd rookie to Christensen but these options leave me bare in the cash department.
Thanks.

GloryDays90 · 25/02/2018 at 23:14

Ditch Nic Nat. No point picking a guy who is fighting to be fit.

Dan · 25/02/2018 at 23:24

I'd ditch Menegola and Nic Nat for Sicily and maybe Stef Martin. Menegola pretty high price only because Ablett is back so this may effect Menegolas output. Could even thrown Sicily into defence and grab a fwd rookie depending on rookies named round 1.

nankthetank · 12/03/2018 at 12:26

O'shea has done nothing to prove his high rookie price tag for me, many better options in the backline – could consider finlayson as an alternative

GloryDays90 · 25/02/2018 at 23:13

Seriously considering Redden after today. Does everything in the stats and will take a much bigger role this year!

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:19

Such an awkward price though, especially when you see Coniglio at just $20k more. Risky business but should elevate his scoring to a degree

GloryDays90 · 25/02/2018 at 23:30

Redden is not competing with Kelly, Ward and the other GWS mids. And honestly Cogs will probably get rested or injured at some stage this year.

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:38

True but Conigs is a lot more likely to 105 than Redden. He's done it before

Russty_ · 26/02/2018 at 01:05

Coniglio did it once in 2015, Redden has actually been more consistent in his SC career than Cogs,
          just not in the last few years, with the personnel changes this year, he could get back to scoring over 100 per week, theoretically.

Skate or die · 26/02/2018 at 02:10

coniglio 4 year average 83, 91,105 and 91 fairly average if you ask me.

CharlieB · 25/02/2018 at 23:22

where'd you get the stats GD? is there a link here or something

GloryDays90 · 25/02/2018 at 23:29

1.1, 16 kicks, 10 Handballs, 6 Marks, 7 tackles, 12 Contested Possessions, 5 clearances, 6 inside 50's

SC_Kev7 · 26/02/2018 at 08:27

Wait and see how he backs it up, GD90. Showed his ceiling yesterday but has a history of dropping a turd following a big game

CharlieB · 25/02/2018 at 23:21

Jetta was a long long way from exceptional Dan did you watch the game or are you basing this on the SC scores alone

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:28

Thought his kicking and run was really good, exceptional may be overstating it a bit though yeah

TOPHAWK1 · 25/02/2018 at 23:23

After today's game (WCE-Port) I still have this thing going on about Scott Lycett @ $277K……..He played pretty well. (81 SC)

In fact, I think he out played Vardy. (83 SC)

Lycett had 13 hit outs to Vardy's 12 (I think Vardy had the edge for taps to advantage), Lycett had more disposals (10-8). Lycett racked up 5 tackles compared to Vardy's 2.

But it gets more interesting.

Vardy kicked 2 goals and his DE was 100% vs Lycett's 80%. (No goals) Vardy's score would have been substantially less if not for those two majors. Despite all that, Vardy (373 K) only outscored Lycett (277 K) by 2 SC points.

The bottom line after today is that Lycett may in fact be ahead of Vardy in the rucks department. Even if this is not the case, come round one, I reckon both will play. From what I have been told, Nic Nat is just not ready for the start of the 2018 season.

Therefore, I still like Lycett at R2.

He would save me cash, I could use him as a cash cow in the early rounds, bank some useful points, and who knows, he might actually turn out to be a keeper!

JLT 2 will be telling.

Feel free to tear my argument to shreds community!

Stirlsy · 25/02/2018 at 23:28

His big unders TOPHAWK has been able to score ok in a 2 ruck team, if NicNat dont play rnd 1 think ill start him.

FCAbel · 25/02/2018 at 23:41

I like it.

Russty_ · 26/02/2018 at 00:46

If Dawson wins the race to number one Ruckman against Lobb, I'd rather bet on him, Lycett will have Vardy to compete against if Nicnat doesn't get up.
    And when Nicnat does get up, one of Lycett or Vardy, will be going bye bye.

Defying_Madness · 26/02/2018 at 01:26

He is in my team at the moment and a huge chance to stay their depending on selections and his next JLT game

BrownlowBoy · 26/02/2018 at 09:06

TopHawk keep trying to join mate, it shouldn't be full.

NOTORIOUS · 26/02/2018 at 09:25

I love it. He’s been R2 for me all Summer long. When asked about Vardy in the presser Adam Simpson said ‘more Lycett for me today with his ruck work. Vardy filled a hole down forward we were lacking in height’. That got me going! Even if Nic plays, Lycett will play to help out with the loads. They’ve shared duties before and Lycetts scores were solid as! I’m red hot on him and it buys you another rookie, a chance to see who the second best ruckman is as the season unfolds, and an extra premium in your line up. He’s my Jarrod Witts this year…

Beezneez · 26/02/2018 at 13:01

Agree with all of your comment..

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 23:21

Stop it TOPHAWK, i just finished screwing with my structure for the 4000's time. Back to the drawing board for me.

Stirlsy · 25/02/2018 at 23:23

Watson…. As some ppl know im in WA this kid has a bit of X factor about him, seen him do some freakish things in WAFL last year, his a very different type of player, like at times it looks as if he doesn't even know what his doing but it all seems to work out for him some how. Not sure where he fits in for the Weagles but yes this kid can play, was a bit lite on for weight I thought last year and I didn't see game just listened to it, if he has put on a bit of weight he must be looked at if named Rnd 1……

battenball96 · 25/02/2018 at 23:30

Looked fairly sizeable out there today. I haven't seen him play much, but what I have seen I really like. Good user and holds his own 1-on-1

Stirlsy · 25/02/2018 at 23:35

Gets out on his own alot in WAFL to Batten, was in my early teams but went to watch list for a few others, ill leave him there for the moment as I just can't see a spot for him in eagles team yet.

Loo · 26/02/2018 at 00:46

RDT

Def – Laird, Simpson, Hibberd (Melb), Seedsman, Pearce, Doedee (Murray, Mirra)

Mid – Titch, Danger, Zerrett, Dusty, Kelly, Conigs, Dow, Brayshaw (Barry, LDU, Kelly)

Rucks – Big Ben, Gawn (Cameron)

Fwd – McLean, Acres, Robinson, Stephenson, Keeffe, Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Not thrilled with the forwards but waiting to see how Heeney and Billings are going closer to round 1.

Any info re injured players etc that may affect my team would be greatly appreciated, as would general feedback

Cheers Guys

Loo · 26/02/2018 at 00:50

Oops, Zerrett is actually Fyfe, and $155,000 in bank.

Russty_ · 26/02/2018 at 00:56

Hi Loo…don't mind the Seedsman pick at all, maybe ditch LDU for Finlayson in the mids so you have a swinger.
    Very strong midfield!…I would ditch Acres for Devon Smith, and Stephenson for Christensen, if you can afford to.
    Good luck mate.

nankthetank · 12/03/2018 at 12:29

With 150k in the bank and no premos in the forward line I would seriously consider upgrading mclean or acres to Buddy or heeney

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 08:28

Def – Laird, P.Hanley, Hibberd (Melb), O'Shea, Keefe , Doedee (Murray, Cummins)

Mid – Titch, Danger, Fyfe, THE Zorko,J Kelly, Ahern, Dow, Holman (Barry, Worpel, T Kelly)

Rucks – Gawn,Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd – Heeney, J Kennedy, Gray, Barlow, Higgins , Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Gray out who in who else out thoughts?

INPieman · 26/02/2018 at 10:26

Sandilands? Surely not. Get rid of Gray, scores too many 40's playing forward & his bye means playing a bench rookie

nankthetank · 12/03/2018 at 12:31

Gray for Devon Smith – Sandi for literally any other ruck

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 08:49

Currently have a 4 player toss up for M5. Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe as 1-4, pretty obvious ones, likely to be top 4 mids.

For M5 I'm considering Rockliff, Coniglio, Shuey and Cripps. All around a similar price and apart from coniglio all should likely be the #1 mids for their teams.

Rockliff looks as if he'll slot right into ports midfield and do some heavy lifting, has an enormous ceiling with the potential to be top 5 mid, but his shoulders are taped on.
Cripps is similar has a huge ceiling but im not as sure on his consistent scoring, as a richmond supporter i also f*cking hate carlton so i don't watch him often.
Coniglio will probably average 105-110ish so his cieling is a worry to me, also is an injury concern, price point is nice though. Probably would be a stepping stone if i decided on him.
Shuey is just Shuey. Promises to break out every year but manages to just be borderline, without Mitchell and Priddis could step up but who knows?

Thoughts?

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 09:02

i can't see much difference between TMitch, kelly, oliver and Merrett, all just under the danger, Dusty, Fyfe level.

TMitch is much more expensive, so look at getting say Oliver and Merrett instead of TMitch and Cripps, similar spend.

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 09:13

I like the bulk disposals of Titch, to the point where nobody even bothers tagging him because he'll get his 30-35 anyway. All it'll take for him to average 120 is a few more kicks and some disposal efficiency, his consistency is ridiculous. Not as sure on Merrett based on his last 5 games, will probably pick him up at 520 when his inconsistency does me some favors. Oliver is clearly a gun, will be an early upgrade of mine.
      Interested in stealing a bargain at the 490-550 price tag.

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 09:38

i agree that TMitch will be top 8 mids. can he repeat what he did last year, especially with JOM in the team? i think paying $650k is too much

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 09:42

You think JOM will have that much of a significant impact on Titch? I don't think he will, will JOM play JLT? would be nice to see

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 26/02/2018 at 09:47

Think JOM may actually help Titch.

pod · 26/02/2018 at 11:39

JOM will have a negative impact on Titch, will drop in value as a result.

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 11:42

Some explanation and evidence would be great?

pod · 26/02/2018 at 12:12

umm ok. If JOM stays fit he could be top 10 mid, don't need much grey matter to figure that out, cheers

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 12:19

TMitch was a lone ball magnet last year.

the hawks had Howe in the guts as a tagger, Langford and shiels are just scrappers, burgoyne had to play in defense alot, he was IT.

JOM is fit and ready to go, he will affect TMitch.

Finnius · 26/02/2018 at 12:28

Still disagree – stealing points is not a thing. Titch will continue his role and JOM will complement him. The ones who miss out on points are the bottom 5 or 6 who roll through the midfield less regularly.

pod · 26/02/2018 at 13:08

Well said, no doubt JOM is a gun ball magnet. The Hawks will trouble some top teams with a fit squad.

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 12:32

Not really evidence there, haven't seen anything to suggest he's a top 10 mid, and IF JOM even gets on the park. Danger, Selwood, Duncan and Menengola all managed to score tons with each other, cant see JOM stealing points

Lazza · 26/02/2018 at 22:39

Disagree… TMitch scored easily with Kennedy, Parker and Hannebery, in the middle at Sydney. JOM hasn’t reached these guys and hasn’t played at the top since 2014…. JOM more likely to help TMitch by taking the tag and providing even more ball ..

Lazza · 26/02/2018 at 22:40

Bummer, just saw Trigger said the same thing ..

Lazza · 26/02/2018 at 22:43

That’s… r … Trigga

Bells · 26/02/2018 at 11:29

Nothing and nobody stops Tich getting Supercoach points. He is just made to collect the footy. The safest pick there is IMHO.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 26/02/2018 at 16:35

I seem to recall Titch played for a team in red and white who had players like parker, JPK, hannebury so competing against 3 other guns yet he still tonned up week after week.
            JOM coming in must help. Titch will extract the ball and give it to JOM to move forward.
            Plenty of points to go around.

Finnius · 26/02/2018 at 09:50

Agree. He is an absolute gun. Lock him in for 115+

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 10:07

So where are you guys on the other 4 i mentioned?

Finnius · 26/02/2018 at 10:18

I'm not a huge fan of coniglio – looking at his stats he is unlikely to go that 108+ that you want from a keeper. Shuey could be the one as the key inside mid for west coast – but i don't have the balls to pick him. He always threatens to go huge and it is too much of a risk for mine. Rockliff has huge upside but with that bye and his injury history it is tough to get him in.

Cripps is the most likely to be a keeper out of those four – taking on the full mantle for the Carlton midfield this year. Not sure how he will come back from injury though, and his ownership is quite high so not exactly a POD.

My advice would be going someone like kelly, oliver or Crouch, who are practically guaranteed 110+ and still have relatively low ownership. 60k isn't a lot more for consistency AND ceiling.

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 10:43

Worried that Kelly won't be able to back up his huge year with some emerging and returning midfielders, interested to see how crouch's points change with gibbs inclusion and the emerging brother and greenwood

Finnius · 26/02/2018 at 11:03

Kelly is a gun. There are no real threats to him in that midfield and his floor is incredibly high. As I said before Crouch's role will not change due to Gibbs being able to play across halfback and drift onto a wing, whereas he is an out and out inside mid. Average 125 after his bye last year…

BrownlowBoy · 26/02/2018 at 11:13

No Mumford could impact Kelly.

Finnius · 26/02/2018 at 12:05

I don't think an extensive amount

Beezneez · 26/02/2018 at 13:03

Kelly still scored well last year without Mumford.

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 11:21

Guess when i sideways traded away from him last year…

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 12:40

could Coniglio and griffin affect kelly?

pod · 26/02/2018 at 13:04

No evidence of that happening.

neil Demons Delight · 26/02/2018 at 11:06

Cripps likely to play a lot more forward this year beware

Bells · 26/02/2018 at 11:31

What's with no Rioli? Will he be in the WC team? If I pick both Rioli and Ryan surely at least one of them plays every week…

Browncow · 26/02/2018 at 17:53

Rioli copped a knock to the knee. Hopefully back for JLT2 and we can have a look at him then.

DacZawson · 26/02/2018 at 11:42

Looking ahead to the byes, out of the players you expect to be in your team come the bye rounds (non-rookies), what is your spread like of players sitting out each week?
And what do people see as a good spread given that some bye weeks are clearly stronger than others?

I have:
R10- 0 out
R12- 5 out
R13- 3 out
R14- 7 out

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 12:39

i only look at the keepers at this time of year. i am overweight in Round 14 players. don't mind that.

ChasingFinals17 · 26/02/2018 at 11:45

My team so far with $146.9k in the bank
DEF: Hibberd, Howe, Shaw, Collins, Murray, Doedee (Redman, Hayball)
MID: Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Cripps, Redden, A Brayshaw, Dow ( Banfield, Barry, Worpel)
RUC: Kreuzer, Gawn ( Flynn)
FWD: Menegola, Franklin, D Smith, House, Dear, Garlett (L Ryan, Fritsch)
Am I going to heavy in the mids and need to fill in the forward line or defence with one or more rookies?

Derek · 26/02/2018 at 12:37

i was waiting to see the first team that had redden in their team after a powerful JLT score. i would go JOM.

i think there are some nice cheaper options than Buddy and menagola in forward line. heeney, billings and barlow could all be top 8

GloryDays90 · 26/02/2018 at 13:10

I am also considering Redden. He will be taking on a bigger role this year and has the capability to stuff the stat sheet. JOM is again to much risk this year, like COGS he will probably get rested or Injured at some stage.

ChasingFinals17 · 26/02/2018 at 18:53

I had Redden before he even played JLT

Beezneez · 26/02/2018 at 13:09

I know this post is not connected to St. Kilda but I notice a lot of teams without Billings in their fwd line. Is there a concern with his injury or do people just not rate him? At the end of last year I made a list of my top picks in each line – Billings was in the 6 I picked in the forward line and went straight into my first draft.

DWTC · 26/02/2018 at 16:03

I'm waiting to see how he plays but he's up there for me too.

gator59 · 26/02/2018 at 16:23

Not sure if he'll sustain his out put like last year…l have said in earlier posts he'll be good for a couple of weeks and then he'll go missing for a couple more as do all saints players do..they are all to inconsistent for me because they have no genuine a graders and I'm a saints man and I think they may struggle this year

Beezneez · 26/02/2018 at 17:16

Thanks guys – food for thought.

GloryDays90 · 26/02/2018 at 18:43

Not named in JLT. So a no for now.

dontblushbaby · 26/02/2018 at 19:24

Yep, out with a Hamstring , not now and for the start me thinks

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 16:04

Def – Laird, P.Hanley, Hibberd (Melb), O'Shea, Keefe , Doedee (Murray, Cummins)

Rucks – Gawn,Sandilands (Cameron)

Fwd – Heeney, J Kennedy, Gray, Barlow, Higgins , Rioli (Ryan, Fritsch)

Thoughts? Gray out who in who else out thoughts? WHO FOR GRAY 150K IN BANK

Maverick · 26/02/2018 at 16:17

Huge balls to pick sandi but if darcy doesnt get named round 1 and he can stay fit through to his bye i think it will pay off
    Gray can definately be downed to a D.smith, walters or even a curnow bank some $$. gray wont see much midfield time this season has the potential to pump out a 120+ but on average he'll be scoring high 80s low 90s IMO.

Maverick · 26/02/2018 at 16:09

So many teams without danger this makes me incredibly nervous n concerned for those! Only 34% starting with the SC stud.. Can anyone work out what he will have to average to stay above 700k? IMO starting with him is a no brainer! would love others thoughts

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 16:16

MUST HAVE NO QUESTION

GloryDays90 · 26/02/2018 at 18:33

They are all NUTS!

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 23:19

Good luck to those missing out on 10 rounds of captains points before getting him in. Hope theyre in my league.

Carl · 27/02/2018 at 00:54

If he ave’s 120ish he will still drop less than 60k. Considering that’s 30points per game less than what he ave for the second half of last season….yep crazy to start without him. Much easier to pick him when you have a full cap instead of wasting 2 trades to bring him in

Lazza · 27/02/2018 at 22:23

He’ll drop more than $90k if he averages 120ish..

Moustachio · 27/02/2018 at 13:29

A no-brainer indeed, if your selection of him does not actually factor in what he is worth (i.e. if you do not know what he will need to average to justify his price).

Russty_ · 28/02/2018 at 02:28

Let em crash and burn if that's what they want to do Mav…no one else has the ability to knock out massive scores on such a regular basis like the Dangermouse.

THE SALTSHAKER · 26/02/2018 at 18:10

DEF: Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, C.Ellis, Dodee, S.Murray (Keefe, Mirra)

MID: Danger, Martin, Titch, Fyfe, Rocky, JOM, A.Brayshaw, Barry (Wigg, Banfield, Garlett)

RUCK: Gawn, Nic Nat (Lavender)

FWD: Menegola, Heeney, Smith, Christensen, Rayner, Stephenson (Fritsch, Ryan)

GloryDays90 · 26/02/2018 at 18:33

Nic Nat is a no go at the moment. Personally would rather use the rookies that will make cash in the MID over JOM and Rocky. Wigg is injured atm so look for someone else like DOW from carlton.

THE SALTSHAKER · 26/02/2018 at 20:28

Yeah might run Lycett, upgrade Stephenson

THE SALTSHAKER · 26/02/2018 at 20:31

Cheers about Wigg, Rocky was avg 123 the best in my side/sc comp at the time of his inj last year. In JOM I trust..

Dylan · 26/02/2018 at 18:33

Very heavy defence but it has always been my downfall so…

Hibberd, Laird, Howe, Lloyd, Hibberd, O'Shea (Doedee, Murray)
Danger, Bont, JPK, Ross, Cripps, Rayner, Davies-Uniacke, Stephenson (Barry, Holman, Kelly)
Ryder, Gawn (DeKoning)
Heeney, Dahlhaus, Petracca, Christensen, Higgins, Ahern (Rioli, Garlett)

Haven't analysed JLT too deeply so rookies aren't set. $10,800 in the bank

GloryDays90 · 26/02/2018 at 18:41

Really should look to have over 50k left in the bank. You could ditch Lloyd for Sicily. I like the fact that you have gone for PODS in the Midfield but should really start with 2 of the 4 big names. Danger, Mitchell, Martin and Fyfe

Dylan · 26/02/2018 at 18:45

Worked perfectly, Lloyd to Sicily got me JPK to Fyfe with $50k. Cheers for the advice 🙂

D_I_L_D_O_R · 26/02/2018 at 23:18

Howe currently injured, watch closely.

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 19:09

Thoughts on Pittard,Hanley,Zorko,Josh Kennedy WCE

BrownlowBoy · 26/02/2018 at 19:19

Pittard is a tease
    Hanley could be a good option
    Rate Zorko highly
    If I'm not mistaken, Kennedy has had an injury this preseason, so watch him closely

Post_MaSloane · 27/02/2018 at 13:41

I like Zorko, good pod

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 19:10

Thoughts on Sandilands

BrownlowBoy · 26/02/2018 at 19:18

Too old and cooked.

Shake n bake · 26/02/2018 at 19:47

Hes my R2 for now! Im banking on him to get to the bye rds unscathed.

Post_MaSloane · 27/02/2018 at 13:40

At his price tag why are you hoping he gets to the bye rounds? That's almost premium coin for a player you'll have to sideways, can't see the upside unless he gets back to his old form l, but unlikely

TOPHAWK1 · 26/02/2018 at 19:54

I would probably pass mate. $480K is a lot of coin and there must be younger and better value options. Remember that Sean Darcy will be in that Freo side as well so they will probably share the load. Just my take. Cheers.

Luke · 26/02/2018 at 19:11

League of Randoms….feel free to join: 236412

Goat · 27/02/2018 at 15:00

Thanks just joined.

WYatt · 26/02/2018 at 20:40

Josh Kennedy a NO OR A YES THOUGHTS REALLY NEED ADVICE

Dontblushbaby · 26/02/2018 at 20:58

No, he didn’t play on the weekend, pass , but could find my way in my team later in the year, should be Top 8 Fwd though

FearTheBeard · 26/02/2018 at 21:01

Gday Community!

Seeking some input on my current set up :

Laird, Hibberd, Sicily, Bonner, Doedee, Murray, Keefe, Murphy

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bont, Jaeger, Dow, Kelly, Banfield, Worpel, Barry,

Gawn, Lycett, Cameron

Franklin, Heeney, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Ahern, Fritsch, Ryan

Got 70k+ in the bank so can either upgrade a rookie to LDU.

My last switch was ditching Rockliff for Jaeger to upgrade a rookie to Bonner and the rest in bank…

BrownlowBoy · 26/02/2018 at 21:31

Bonner was disappointing on the weekend. Haven't seen Bont or Franklin in many teams so you have some nice POD's there.

Post_MaSloane · 27/02/2018 at 13:38

If this works, cudos to you, but you would need to have some steely gonads. As Higgo says 'don't pick a pod for a pod's sake'

FearTheBeard · 27/02/2018 at 15:05

Thanks guys, so mixed it up to this :

Laird, Hibberd, Lloyd, O'Brien, Doedee, Murray (Keefe, Murphy)

Danger, Dusty, Titch, Fyfe, Bont, Rocky, Pow, Kelly (Worpel, Barry, Banfield)

Gawn, Lycett, (Cameron)

Heeney, Smith, Petacca, Sicily, Christensen, Ahern (Fritsch, Ryan)

Thoughts? Or stick with Jaeger ditch Rocky and upgrade someone back to Franklin perhaps?

Maverick · 28/02/2018 at 03:31

I think wait to see JOM play his JLT but if he lights it up downgrade rocky and try upgrade a Sicily to a billing’s or O’Brien to bonner or brayshaw?

FearTheBeard · 28/02/2018 at 11:12

Thanks Maverick.

If I downgrade Rocky to Jom I think I can go O'Brien to Billings and swing Sicily up to D.

Warblegarble · 27/02/2018 at 00:01

DEF – Yeo, Laird, Hibberd, O'Shea, Doedee, Murray (Keefe, Mirra)

MID – Dangerfield, Martin, Fyfe, Macrae, Cripps, Petracca, Dow, Davies-Uniacke (Kelly, Worpel, Barry)

RUC – Gawn, Jacobs (Hayes)

FWD – Heeney, Billings, Dahlhaus, Stephenson, Higgins, Ryan (Ahern, Garlett)

Anything obvious here that catches your eye, positive or negative? Also $44,300 in the bank.

Carl · 27/02/2018 at 00:58

Higgins unlikely to play R1. If you’re picking Trac he has to be a fwd. Macrae nice pod 🙂

Post_MaSloane · 27/02/2018 at 13:37

Dahlhous is a shadow of his former self in my opinion. Can't see him getting enough midfield time in amongst a team with probably 6-10 capable midfielders to justify picking him, also think Yeo could be more of a upgrade target after he has his form slump which is inevitable

Maverick · 27/02/2018 at 01:01

Anyone else see O’shea Wasn’t in Carlton’s JLT1 team! This is very concerning.. L.O’brien was though

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 27/02/2018 at 12:01

Oshea was never gonna be a big scorer.
    Prefer obrien with DPP. kid never stops running.

neil.Demons Delight · 27/02/2018 at 12:28

Is CEY a chance trig tossing up with LO B and CEY DPP sort of sways me

paul · 27/02/2018 at 18:34

Happy with my team balance backs set rookies will change only.Mids really happy here and with rookies however they may also change.
rucks will anyone who dose not start with Gawn is mad. Lycett i don't take as a risk as i really do feel he will take off as he says,forwards have been really hard but i feel Mclean will improve heaps this year i was very impressed last year watching him and he is going to be given more midfield time so he is a lock.heeney and smith speak for themselves .Melksham well he has really impressed me in both games he has played and is very fit plus melbourne is really on the up this year i feel. back rookies these four are a must i feel.
Lard ,Hibberd ,Hanley ,Sicily, Doedee, cummings,(L.Murphy,Milhock)

Danger, Mitchell, Kelly, M Crouch, Fyfe, Parker, Brayshaw, Barry. (Kelly ,Worpel, Giro )

Gawn, Lycett (T Olango)

Heeney, Mclean, Smith, Melksham, L Keeffe, Garlett. (Fritsch,Ryan)

paul · 27/02/2018 at 19:32

Thats forward rookies are a must i feel.

Russty_ · 28/02/2018 at 02:21

That was like reading a Text Message from a really drunk person, did you ever study English..or were you wagging it with the cool guys in the Locker Room for the whole 12 years?
    P.S Lard probably won't get a game, he's too fat.

paul · 28/02/2018 at 06:00

Yes I was a bit Russty with english but a genius at maths.

Russty_ · 28/02/2018 at 21:29

Fair enough mate haha, I was more the English/ Art guy and sucked at Maths lol

Kyle · 28/02/2018 at 17:03

Thoughts on this midfield community?

Danger Titch Zorko Zerrett Neale Cripps Dow LDU

Going a bit against the majority of players. Can Zerrett step it up another level to average 120+? Will Zorko back up his stellar last year? Am i crazy picking Neale over Fyfe?!?

CheekyNandos7 · 02/03/2018 at 14:07

Zorko and Zerret both POD's so dont think you need Neale as well as Fyfe will score better than he will. Fyfe is also 2k cheaper, big deal I know 😉