SuperCoach RD21: The Heroes, The Villains, The Damned.

Published by Jock on

Heroes-Villians-Damned

What a bizarre season it has been, Community.

With 2017 drawing to a close and many coaches in the midst of finals competition, there was an expectation that most teams would be at full capacity and pumping out scores north of 2400.

But instead injury, suspension, poor form and lack of trades have united to decimate thousands of sides.

It meant 2200 became the par score for Round 21. It was an absolute horror show of a round with many scoring below this mark.

There is little doubt 2017 has been one of the most difficult SuperCoach seasons in recent memory.

Many, including myself, will be glad when the nightmare is over.

The Heroes

Crows ball magnet Matt Crouch (140 SC) is coming home like an absolute steam train. There’s a bit of Tom Mitchell about the way Crouch can consistently find the pill and extract it from congestion. He had it 35 times on the weekend, 20 of them contested. It was his 11th ton in a row and third score over 130 in the past four weeks. The kid is on fire and should be considered if you still have the trades.

Patrick Dangerfield (138 SC) did Patrick Dangerfield things on Saturday. He had 30 disposals, 21 of them contested, 10 tackles and 11 clearances to help the Cats to strong victory despite missing Joel Selwood, Mitch Duncan and Tom Hawkins.

Taylor Adams (138 SC) has hit a purple patch of form at the right time of the season, smashing out his third 125+ score in as many weeks. Adams racked up 31 disposals, 9 tackles, 14 contested possessions and 8 clearances – all at an elite 90% efficiency.

Speaking of good form, Dayne Beams (138 SC) is another coming home with a wet sail. Beams had 32 possessions, 7 marks and kicked 4.1 in Brisbane’s big win over the Suns. It’s his third 120+ score in the past month.

While the likes of Gawn and Jacobs failed to get the job done, Matt Kruezer (136 SC) and Stef Martin (129 SC) rewarded their owners handsomely. Kruezer has been by far the best big man in 2017 and Martin isn’t far off claiming second place.

The exceptional season of Josh Kelly (132 SC) continued on the weekend, with the sought-after Giants midfielder gathering 25 disposals, 2 goals and 6 tackles at 80% efficiency.

Marc Murphy (129 SC) has completed one of the best comebacks of the season and will finish 2017 close to a top-10 midfielder. This writer will put his hand up and confess he doubted Murphy’s ability to be able to recover from a long string of injuries, but he has certainly proved me wrong. Hats off to the coaches who had the gonads to start the season with him.

Swans pair Isaac Heeney (130 SC) and Luke Parker (126 SC) were rampant in their big win over Freo, while Jack Gunston (124 SC) is relishing a new role in defence at Hawthorn. He gathered 22 kicks, 5 handballs and 11 marks at 85% efficiency yesterday. Steele Sidebottom (122 SC) was in good touch for Collingwood with a 27-possession return against Port Adelaide.

Essendon’s gun defender Michael Hurley (121 SC) again got the job done for his owners, with his 34-possession and 8-mark outing an excellent return for a key position player. Fellow bookend Josh J Kennedy (120 SC) has made a brilliant comeback from an Achilles injury, sitting atop the Coleman Medal leader board after booting another 6 on the weekend. He’s kicked 60 goals from just 15 games this season.

Other significant scores: Cameron Pederson (137 SC), Rory Adkins (131 SC), Lewis Taylor (129 SC), Nathan Jones (128 SC), Jack Martin (127 SC), Dion Prestia (126 SC), Brodie Smith (126 SC), Aaron Hall (122 SC), Josh Jenkins (122 SC), David Swallow (121 SC).

The Villains

Popular ruck duo Max Gawn (56 SC) and Sam Jacobs (57 SC) were both well below their best. Jacobs had a quiet game against Essendon while Gawn was well beaten by Billy Longer, giving away 5 free kicks and having just 21 hit outs.

It was a bloody horror show for Lachie Neale (44 SC), with the Freo midfielder restricted to just 9 disposals in a listless display. The magnificent one Dayne Zorko (78 SC) performed his famous disappearing trick again, letting the likes of Beams and Rockliff upstage him in Brisbane’s big win.

The most popular player in the competition, Toby Greene (83 SC), will come under obvious scrutiny for his flying kick to the head of Luke Dahlhaus. Greene had a quiet match despite kicking 2 goals, managing only 16 disposals.

Bad things came in threes for the Bulldogs and Swans, with Jack McRae (61 SC), Luke Dahlhaus (66 SC) and Mitch Wallis (37 SC) all stinking it up for the Dogs and Swans trio Jake Lloyd (82 SC), Zak Jones (80 SC) and Nic Newman (24 SC) all below par for Sydney, although Newman did cop a nasty leg injury.

Some of the game’s most popular defenders in Sam Docherty (83 SC), Kade Simpson (81 SC) and Rory Laird (81 SC) failed to hit triple figures, while Saints pair Seb Ross (61 SC) and Jack Steven (69 SC) also had games they would rather forget.

The Redeemers

It was a spectacular comeback from Swans champion Lance Franklin (169 SC). When he had been all but written off as a legitimate SuperCoach force, Buddy produced a 24-possession 4-goal masterpiece to lead his side to a percentage-boosting victory. Teammate Dan Hannebery (117 SC) also got in on the action after an up-and-down 2017.

Speaking of inconsistent seasons, Tom Rockliff (125 SC) has been a repeat offender in 2017. But the signs are encouraging as he banged out his second triple-figure score in a row following a 24-touch, 3-goal return on Saturday, while also going at 83% efficiency.

After we all hailed Dylan Roberton (100 SC) as a defensive savour earlier in the season, he has hit a baron patch. But his form line might be on the up after registering his second ton in eight weeks on the weekend.

The Damned

Has there been a bigger fall from grace this season than Todd Goldstein (32 SC)? Playing in tandem with Braydon Pruess, Goldy had just 4 possessions despite his 84% TOG. After averaging 114.3 over his past four seasons, the North big man is languishing at 93 points per game in 2017 and has been dropped from the senior side during the season. Is it the beginning of the end?

Heath Shaw (75 SC) has been rubbish all season and would challenge Goldy for the biggest failure of 2017, while the forward role of Toby Nankervis (57 SC) is killing his output.

How did you go this week?

Twitter: @CarlPfeiffer9

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 12:53

Hell of a year!…but it'll make us all appreciate next season even more…cause it couldn't be worse than this one.

Moosehead · 14/08/2017 at 15:16

The key Russty: Don't be trigger fingered. It happens every year and it will happen again because people are influenced by others to become premium complete ASAP. You know if you have any chance of rank within 3 – 4 rounds and if you are not going to be up there concentrate on your leagues. And of course don't side trade. The SC rules are spelt out by Jock and Co in the preseason and I do try to follow them. I'm not perfect but I am in 4/4 SC finals and 2/2 DT finals this week and have two trades left and of course I will need good luck to get to the GF's.
    Finally, I enjoy and appreciate the advice given by Derek, Pieman and Co. Thanks everyone.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 18:53

Good advice Moose, You've done well this year being in so many finals, good stuff, I didn't succumb to the peer pressure to be full premo too early because I play for leagues first and ranking second, just made a few bad calls coupled with some bad luck that probably wasted me 4 or 5 trades.
      Wish I had em now cause I think I might need one or 2 this week.

neil Demons Delight · 14/08/2017 at 13:05

Been a real tough year even in the real stuff.Given Sydney GWS Adelaide and Geelong are the probable top four I think all teams below them with injuries to WITTS ABLETT and LYNCH eliminating G C capable of beating each other i.e. carlton or Collingwood could beat the tiges or port its that kind of year .the lower part of the 8 present no problems to the top 4 but I can only hope the dees do a dog gie cheers

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 13:09

It's time to move on from the nightmare that is 2017

Post season to do list:

1. Ring Mum back (message left some stage during the JLT series)
2. Mad Monday
3. Walk the dog
4. Update banned for life list (will take quite some time)
5. Begin 2018 preseason

neil Demons Delight · 14/08/2017 at 13:32

pay 2018 membership bucks needs you no.6

Don't Blush Baby · 14/08/2017 at 13:40

Suggest also a Flog List – Toby 'Knob Head' Green' as Captain / Coach

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 13:43

The banned for life list is achievable for performance & flog factor. And Toby the Knob Head will be right at the top DBB. What a flog he is

SC_Kev7 · 14/08/2017 at 13:52

You can finally give those tinder notifications proper attention, INP!

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 14:28

20 new matches Already Kev. Might invite them all to Mad Monday

Rabbits16 · 14/08/2017 at 14:13

hahahaha love it pieman

Stirlsy · 14/08/2017 at 14:55

Monday laugh completed. Thx Pieman.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 14/08/2017 at 15:03

Your dog's name isn't kirby is it?

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 16:18

It is Trig. And after he hasn't been walked for 6 months he's a bit plump

Tyruddanaut · 14/08/2017 at 18:27

I'm probably going to Walk the dog (and all of the above) after the 2018 preseason/season/2019 preseason/season but when the herald sun server room gets attacked by angry supercoaches THEN I will.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 18:44

Hahaha don't forget your family Pieman…Mum's are important and deserve at least a callback :)….yeah and the banned for life list, that could end up longer than my potential player list for next year lol

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 21:17

Agree rusty. Might be easier to make a list of players that aren't banned

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 13:23

I know everyone is saying this is the worst year ever in SC history and it has been tough,but this has actually been my best year so far.This is my fourth year playing,my rankings in the past three were,53433, 33673, 24552 and am now 2463,have also made 6 preliminary finals out of my 8 leagues,until now the best I had done was last year when I won one GF. I was just aiming to make the top 10,000 this year and maybe win a GF again,so the fact that I have made it this far,has blown my mind.I know the players that are used to being in the top 1,000 and aren't this year think its the year from Hell,but coming from where I was to where I am now,I'm really rapt.

neil Demons Delight · 14/08/2017 at 13:30

well done J J that's impressive but there are many that missed the midprice boat and season gone.. I think it will prevail next year with greenwood withering berry and neale bullen prominent Danger Gawn and OLIVER are walk up starters

Tibor · 14/08/2017 at 15:41

Oliver might be the boat missed, fantastic this year as a 382 k starter but do we just blindly jump on board next year when he is ultra premo priced in a the 600's

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 18:42

Not necessarily Tibor, I think we all have to start from scratch every year..but if a player demonstrates inherent skills and scoring ability at a young age, like Oliver and Bont for example…they're hard to ignore because of their young ages…and who knows how much better they'll get still?

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 13:37

Hey John, I'm actually having a decent year also, amongst all the carnage, but I have probably avoided a lot of mistakes from putting so much time into it..(too much!)..and have been very lucky too.
    You've done really well this season compared to past ones, bring it home now mate.

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 18:09

Hi Russty,have to admit this is the first year I've taken it seriously,like doing the C loop and trying to have a structure at the start,instead of just picking players ad hoc.Yes I do know you are doing well also,with around the same ranking and making the preliminary finals.It wasn't in reaction to your post.it was just that a lot of players seemed to be complaining a bit yet their scores and ranks weren't that bad,so I thought I would put a different perspective on it.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 18:40

Yeah my first comment was probably meant for a lot of coaches out there who have had tough runs, not necessarily myself.
        Must be hard for a lot of coaches who have basically done all the right things all year and then gotten royally shafted in the finals by underperformers…DEE as a prime example, that's just plain bad luck.

I'm currently sweating on the fitness of Sloane this week, as I traded him in for Selwood last week as my last trade, so I could be joining the list of the disgruntled next week haha.

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:16

Sloane? that was a brave call Russty, when he can be a bit up and down,did you think about anyone else ?

Russty_ · 15/08/2017 at 00:24

I was thinking more of the ups than the downs at the time, and after I traded him in, I had 2 grand left lol

JohndJames · 15/08/2017 at 12:55

Very good Russty at least you used most of your cash up,I'm looking to do the same,it seems a waste otherwise.

CrackersFC · 14/08/2017 at 13:41

I agree JJ.
    Best year for me in 5 yrs. Finished 509 then, this yr sitting at 269. Still 2 games to go so it could turn to poo and I miss my best finish ever. Here's hoping for a strong finish.

1 trade left full premo and Jelwood sitting on the bench. $35K in bank.
    Let's see what the week throws up with ins and outs. Would like to hold that trade till the last week.

Rabbits16 · 14/08/2017 at 14:14

on fire son

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 18:15

That is so great Crackers being that close to the top,when you get that high up it would be hard to beat it the next year.If you can keep that trade for the last week,it's sure to be an advantage.

Mickey P · 15/08/2017 at 00:24

Good luck, I dropped from 245 last week to 605 in one week, happened so quickly my head is spinning.

Tyruddanaut · 14/08/2017 at 18:28

The best thing about it is it's a bad year for everyone. That means the top get worse and the worse top up

Imgonnalose · 14/08/2017 at 13:30

Thanks for the year everybody! Loved this season, has fallen apart a little bit recently but still my best season yet. I had a week off last week, but now I need to replace Lynch and Selwood. Still have Ryan on field and Witherden on DEF bench.
Was thinking Sidebottom and Wallis, what are the communitys thoughts? Nets me a whopping $900. Thanks guys! 🙂

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 13:46

You might have had the week off but Wallis scored about 30. I'd think long & hard about that one. Sidebum pretty good

Imgonnalose · 14/08/2017 at 14:03

Any alternatives you could recommend?

Rick Grimes · 14/08/2017 at 14:30

As per comment on other thread, have a look at Prestia for value in mids. Has pumped out 124, 126 since coming back into the side. Gives you more options up front. I'd steer clear of Wallis, the Bont takes all his points.

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 16:19

How much cash have you got collectively?

Imgonnalose · 14/08/2017 at 19:30

947000 I think

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 17:49

Big risk on Wallis.

If I had 1 trade left i'd be having a good look at Daniher. He has Gold Coast and Freo. And Essendon are still playing for finals.

James T · 14/08/2017 at 13:30

Hey guys, tough situation this week after having a bye in both leagues this week as I made it to both prelims. Have only one trade left with lack of cover on the bench as I believe L Young from the dogs will be dropped this week. Here is how my team looks as of now, any help to try and give myself a fighting chance in this weekends matchups would be much appreciated!

Doc, Adams, Laird, Rance, Lloyd, Shaw (Ryan, Hibberd)
Danger, Dusty, Titch, Zerrett, Fyfe, Wines, Beams, Jelwood (Deluca-Cardillo, Witherden, Cousins)
Grundy, Gawn (Strnadica)
Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Dahl, Buddy, Greenwood (Young, Eddy)

Cheers guys! 🙂

Furrrrrfty · 14/08/2017 at 15:28

Swap Adams with Witherdon to take Selwood's place. Swap Witherdon with Ryan and trade Grundy for Mummy or a ruck of your choice. You are in strife because Wines will get a week. Good luck because you will need it like most of us.

James T · 14/08/2017 at 17:00

Thanks for the reply Furr, that's a solid idea, I may just do that! What about maybe trading Jelwood to Ryder via dpp, use Ryder in ruck this week and next week when Grundy is back if make it to grand final I'll have a full team? Only problem would be I'm stuffed with a donut almost no matter what this week

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:54

Ryder is a must,that works well,James T

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 18:01

You need to trade out Selwood as he will not be back and is the highest value of your non players (i think).

Pick the best player you can afford. Probably a mid, but you could go with Hurley or Daniher who have a favourable draw.

James T · 14/08/2017 at 19:45

Cheers herring, okay that makes sense to me. Should I trade in Ryder to try and cover Grundy this week or accept the donut and grab the best possible mid/defender I can? Thanks mate

redherringfc · 15/08/2017 at 07:01

Yep, get Ryder this week for Selwood.

DevastatedDan · 14/08/2017 at 13:35

Dark brown…very dark brown stain Heater, has officially become my most hated player ever. I finally started Ryan onfield ahead of him…opt had same option but didn't. I score in top 3% for the round and lose by 7 !!! Paddy Ryder, you don't know how hard I was riding you in last five minutes of your game. Still alive in one league though….but who do I start ?

Don't Blush Baby · 14/08/2017 at 13:37

Have 475k to trade out Witherden ,who would anyone like to suggest – J.McGovern,Hurn,J.Martin,Roberton,Toughy,Rampe,T.Mcdonald or anyone else ,TIA

Ben · 14/08/2017 at 14:06

j martian

Fitzy · 14/08/2017 at 14:08

In order – McGovern, Roberton and Touey.

Howgarth · 14/08/2017 at 13:43

Very lucky to have won my three finals a couple of weeks ago and was fortunate that I didn't have to play at the weekend with Zerrett, Joel Selwood and Grundy out.
Since I have two trades, I am thinking of keeping Grundy and swapping Ryder into the ruck and if I win this weekend Grundy will be a bonus. So Selwood and Ryan out and Yeo and The Bont in because Ryan's role may have changed.
Could trade Selwood and Grundy and then be able to afford MCrouch.
Thoughts if you can be bothered?

Imgonnalose · 14/08/2017 at 14:32

I'd keep Grundy for next week
    Go Ryan and selwood out

Howgarth · 14/08/2017 at 15:23

Thanks mate. That's my aim at this stage but it will be interesting to see what Jock's mob comes up with doing the week.

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:50

I like what you are planning,go for it.Yeo and Bont work.

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 13:44

Dixon or Westhoff?

Rick Grimes · 14/08/2017 at 14:31

Is there a third option? Probably Westhoff.

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 16:25

Jenkins lol only got like 7k in the bank

Corey · 14/08/2017 at 15:23

Dixon

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 18:16

I like Dixon for the last round, against the suns he could go massive.

What is the most you can spend? Do you have a dpp in the mids you could swing forward?

Imgonnalose · 14/08/2017 at 14:31

Best fwd mid pricer? Have $430k

BrownlowBoy · 14/08/2017 at 14:49

Issac Smith?

Derek · 14/08/2017 at 17:15

$430k gets you a premium forward this year

stove · 14/08/2017 at 14:46

kelly crouch or oliver?

Huckle · 14/08/2017 at 15:21

MCrouch, Kelly, Oliver in that order. You should already have two of them.

Tibor · 14/08/2017 at 15:44

Crouch and Kelly just marking time and looking after themselves for finals, Oliver needs to play like his life depends on it

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:46

Oliver and Crouch for mine.

DEE · 14/08/2017 at 14:49

11 villains gotta be a record
Can anyone top that?

DEE · 14/08/2017 at 14:50

And a damned

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:45

That's got to hurt,all on the same weekend.

Rivo · 14/08/2017 at 14:56

Thanks Carlos for your excellent Monday reviews.
I've had a poor season too, knocked out in an elimination final on the weekend and only surviving in 2 x minor premiership leagues still.

No trades left and hoping Sloane & Witherden make the cut his week. My only chance to stay in the loser leagues is the C/VC call. Danger VC into Dusty???

Fitzy · 14/08/2017 at 15:20

That's what I am, along with 100's of others will be doing.

Stirlsy · 14/08/2017 at 14:58

21 players pumped out a massive 2016pts for there semi final loses ….Horror stuff should make a movie out of it!!!

Fitzy · 14/08/2017 at 15:19

They already have: 'The chainsaw massacre'

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 15:21

93.00
RKCameron Pedersen
STK @ MELB
125.00
HIDE COMMON PLAYERS
WINNINGS: $2,800

Just goes to show you don't need a gun midfield to win DRAFTSTARS

And fell in by the skin of my teeth…894 points to 888 points

Stirlsy · 14/08/2017 at 15:55

Ripper Gator.

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 15:58

Thanks Stirlsy

Stirlsy · 14/08/2017 at 16:00

$15 Sunday games? nice collect there buddy… been a good week for a few regs in Draftstars

Mummify · 14/08/2017 at 15:38

Thanks Carlos for your efforts.
You or someone maybe able to explain to me why I get your and other Jock's scribe's stories on my computer immediately something is released but it is at least a couple of days before the same release shows up on my ipad

Mummify · 14/08/2017 at 16:21

It has just appeared on my iPad.
    Can anyone explain the dlay please?

hedski · 14/08/2017 at 18:21

Probably need to refresh the homepage @1-2pm each day on iPad, same as on phone.

Mummify · 14/08/2017 at 22:43

Thanks. Will try that tomorrow.

Soothsayer · 14/08/2017 at 16:07

Ah yes, It was refreshing to bring Gawn in to team up with Goldstein in my rucks. What a miserable end to a promising season. My elites set up well early in the year and then just suddenly got old and died. Pendlebury, Kennedy, dahlhouse , nank, Gawn, Mummy, Selwood, Goldstein, simpson, Lloyd, – even Docherty died as soon as i got him in. he scored an average of about 80 for me this year.

I don't know what hit me. six weeks ago i was steering into the wind with great anticipation nearing a full ship of steller talent. The burn list itself caught fire. It hurts folks, it really hurts. What am i meant to do now? spend time with my family? geez.

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 16:27

Start preparing for next year mate like a lot of us are doing atm

It's a real killer when you put in all the hard yards and the wheels so suddenly fall off

I feel your pain too, thought i was flying and then turns to shite so quickly

Derek · 14/08/2017 at 17:09

my exact problem. Most of them are yesterdays heros. time to look forward

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:41

I think most of us will be looking at younger players next year,apart from Danger of cause,even Fyfe,since he seems to be getting a new lease of life.Oliver, M.Crouch and Bont could be part of that new generation,like the look of Hibberd,he's flying at the Dees,even Adams at the Pies seems better without Pendles in the team.Should make for an interesting start next year,just how we plan our structures and who we have the confidence in to have as our 'Keepers'.

dan · 15/08/2017 at 06:04

I share your pain…swapped Heater for Ryan….lost by 7. I'm already working on next year 🙁

dan · 15/08/2017 at 06:05

That was meant for soothsayer

DamTreloar · 14/08/2017 at 16:17

Have full premo side..2 trades left and 209k in bank…I'm in prelims in my comps,and have Shaw and Rocky still..keep and hope they come good and get me through to GF,or trade and risk having no trades next week providing I get through

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 16:36

Who's your other backs

DamTreloar · 14/08/2017 at 17:45

Doc Hurley Hibberd laird and Adams….midfield Danger Treloar Titch Bont Zorko Rocky Dusty Fyfe..

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 18:26

Shaw to the best defender you don't have.

Keep Rocky.

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 18:59

I agree with Redherring.. Keep Rocky he's starting to come good

Just try and keep some cash if you have to flick rocky the following week.. Good luck mate

DamTreloar · 14/08/2017 at 19:13

Cheers guys…Roberton Rance or McGovern

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 19:27

Roberton for mine.. Would still leave you some decent cash if you have to upgrade Rocky

DamTreloar · 14/08/2017 at 19:53

Thanks gator

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 16:30

Name your poison Pieman

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 16:44

After this season anything Gator!

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 17:01

She sure has been a rocky road Pieman.. Surely next year can't be as bad as this year… Fingers crossed

INPieman · 14/08/2017 at 17:09

Who would have thought so many ever reliable would crash & burn at once

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 17:40

Your never again list must be as big as the Australian coast line..

In fact i don't think there's enough paper in the country to make that list on

Sunnygirl · 14/08/2017 at 16:31

When do I find out when Tobias Greene is in or out?

Cogla13 · 14/08/2017 at 16:32

He has been fined only. Wines also.

Tyruddanaut · 14/08/2017 at 18:32

INJUSTICE

Kane · 14/08/2017 at 16:36

Going Greenwood > JJK and Jelwood > ????? Whos best mid from last two games? Money not issue.

kane · 14/08/2017 at 16:37

Current mids, Danger, Martin, Fyfe, Bont, Zerrett, Treloar, Rocky

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 16:49

Mitchell, Kelly or Oliver.. If it was me i'd go Kelly ..In less % of teams.. Or Just look at your match ups and go from there and differ with them

Mummify · 14/08/2017 at 18:03

DEFINATELY MCrouch

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 17:25

With one trade left is it worth trading lynch (F7) to Rockliff this week? Will have decent cover in Defence (Lloyd) but no cover in forward and only Callum Brown in Mids which scares me. Thoughts?

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 17:29

Just checked again, Callum Brown in FWD, Lloyd in DEF and Witherden in MID

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 18:09

Or just wait a week and if there is no carnage jump on a key forward with a favourable game in the last round? (A Westhoff for example)

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 18:33

Reading this it looks like if you don't make the trade then Brown is on field. If this is the case then definitely make the trade.

Rocky, coming off 2 decent scores, at 405k, is a godsend for the desperate.

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 18:43

If I don't make the trade Lloyd will be at M8. By making the Lynch to Rockliff trade I can use Lloyd as bench cover, Brown as FWD cover and Witherden MID cover all the while having Rockliff at M8. Of course this means if I have an injury or suspension I can't make trades but I will have alright cover. Change your decision in anyway?

redherringfc · 14/08/2017 at 21:15

You don't want Lloyd on field in your mids, so definitely get Rocky. Hopefully he pushes out a couple of 150s.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 18:47

Just gotta make sure Witherden's playing this week first Josh…I think I'd do the trade regardless, you don't wanna lose with a spare trade and kick yourself for the offseason.

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 19:06

Yeah I'm gonna do it

Hobartboy · 14/08/2017 at 18:06

Should have received a two week suspension. The AFL want GWS to win the premiership to justify the millions spent on them.

SthPark · 14/08/2017 at 18:07

Agree Hobartboy. The SC gods may strike him down with a hammie in the first minute of his next game.

Shake n bake · 14/08/2017 at 18:26

Who should l trade out for Danger wasn't going to bring him back this week if Greenwood was available but now his not l need to trade out of Mitchell Merrett Bont Treloar Ebert Wines Heppell Fyfe Parker? Still leaves me 9 deep in mids. I traded Danger for Fyfe when Danger was suspended Fyfe has been great only reason l didn't bring Danger back for the week that just went is because l had the bye in 4 of my leagues.

hedski · 14/08/2017 at 19:26

Which Greenwood is unavailable Shaker? Do you have Levi?

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 19:40

Must mean Levi, haven't heard anything about Hugh….I'd trade out Heppell after his poxy score.

Shake n bake · 14/08/2017 at 20:32

Yeah Levi would av definitely went to Danger this week. He doesn't have a good record against the pies but with Levi out will bring back Danger this week.

JohndJames · 14/08/2017 at 23:20

I'd trade out Ebert or Wines,they have hit a bit of a quiet patch.

Alec · 14/08/2017 at 19:20

Joe daniher or text walker? Can't afford any other forwards worth considering and it's a replacement for lynch

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 19:22

Daniher, he's been more consistent than Tex…who is too up and down, and always has been.

RobDogs · 14/08/2017 at 19:34

I had Heater up until Round 20, traded him for Hurley. As I read all the 'never again' posts, I remember back the JLT podcasts where the wise man warned us all that Heath Shaw was no longer the go to out of defence for the Giants.

Jock, I listened when you said Crouch, I listened when you said Oliver. I should have heard when you said no Heater.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 20:16

Yeah…time to think about 21 year old players, rather than 29-30 year olds.

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 20:17

I didn't have Shaw all year, and didn't regret it for 1 minute.

gator59 · 14/08/2017 at 20:32

Same here Russty

dan · 15/08/2017 at 06:01

Totally agree, but when players are falling all round you. Heater was a second choice priority as long as he was on the field.

Paul Walnuts · 14/08/2017 at 19:50

2 trades and 28k ,In 3 cash Prelims and looking for value rather that going 1 up and 1 down
Jelwood 476k to Rocky 405k
Witherden 379k to Rampe 415k or J.Martin 470k

Risk v Reward – this will give me a loop option on each line except the Ruck

Russty_ · 14/08/2017 at 20:14

Yeah I like it Pauly…Rocky and Martin over Rampe for mine.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 14/08/2017 at 20:47

Obvious blues missing a fwd target young but will take time to develop
So gonna throw this out there as well why not.

If blues win? The spoon and hence the number one pick.
Trade for Tom Lynch.

Go a year early before the circus begins next year.

neil Demons Delight · 14/08/2017 at 21:24

which one trig

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 14/08/2017 at 21:25

GC

Don't Blush Baby · 14/08/2017 at 21:35

T.Lynch to the Tigers is my mail & Levi to stay a Blue

Cogla13 · 15/08/2017 at 06:29

Redpath to the blues is the latest rumour I heard to replace Casboult.

TOPHAWK1 · 14/08/2017 at 22:32

Hi Community,

I have confession to make.

I have no trades left……..

I would love to sneak a couple of trades into my TH side if I could, but guess what, trades spent are like money spent. You will never get them back. End of story.

But, after running out of trades in round 22 last year, I got pumped in straight sets.

This year IS DIFFERENT…….I am in 3 prelims and I will not be going without a slugfest.

Joshua · 14/08/2017 at 23:13

Same amount of prelims, same amount of trades 🙁

hedski · 15/08/2017 at 09:08

I'm still in 2 "Losers" prelims, there's a chance I can play you again in the "woo" league next week if I beat Kev and you have a win, bring it on!

Mickey P · 15/08/2017 at 00:22

6 weeks ago, ranked 85th and outright leader in 8 leagues ….. fast forward 6 weeks and a sub 2100 score, knocked out of 6 leagues in straight sets from top spot and now ranked in 600's …… cricket season??

Cogla13 · 15/08/2017 at 09:15

Still had a pretty good year to be inside the top 1000. Did you run out of trades by the way?

Mike · 15/08/2017 at 08:36

I have 2 trades left and need Selwood out.. do I swap him for Crouch or Kelly. Will need to use both trades no matter what as cash is an issue, Cheers guys!

INPieman · 15/08/2017 at 09:45

11 tonnes in a row for Crouch. Can't argue with that form

Chris · 15/08/2017 at 10:55

Hey Community, got 3 trades left and planning on burning two this week, one of which is Witherden to a rookie, leaving me with $360k.

I'm thinking for this week:
Shaw/Shaz to Hurley OR
Grundy to Kreuzer (Darcy is currently cover)

Next week:
Selwood to Kelly/Crouch OR
Shaw/Shaz to Robertson

Thoughts?

Chris · 15/08/2017 at 10:59

I should mention Hanners was bench cover before Selwood got injured

Big G · 15/08/2017 at 11:26

The number one rank in Australia has it in the bag for the major prize. Surprised he is so far ahead.

TBK · 15/08/2017 at 12:20

I know right ….. do you think anyone can possibly catch him?

Big G · 15/08/2017 at 14:59

511 points ahead with 2 rounds to go – unless someone cyber hacks his computer and trades out Dusty and Danger for 2 non-playing rookies then I would say he is safe,,

stove · 15/08/2017 at 11:35

should I
A: trade witherden to 102k rookie and selwood to crouch leaving me with 10 130k and 1 trade left.
B: trade ryan to howe and selwood to rockliff leaving me 1 trade and 6 k?
Cheers!

stove · 15/08/2017 at 11:37

trade b would leave me with heath shaw on the bench

INPieman · 15/08/2017 at 13:09

Witherden a good chance to play this week. Ryan to Howe sounds good. Rocky is risky

stove · 15/08/2017 at 11:36

ignore the 10 in above post, typo

WightysWarriors · 15/08/2017 at 15:11

Out in straight sets. Some people have said I am addicted to SC. Why would they say that…perhaps cause I have googled SC 2018 and found lots of articles ? Aah well, at least I came 2nd in a national coach kings finals early in the season.

Russty_ · 15/08/2017 at 22:27

Good stuff Wighty…getting back on the horse mate, and not lamenting in past failures, it's a cunnova game sometimes…if not a brilliant world smashing pearler of a game…Luck plays a big part in which one it turns into.

James · 15/08/2017 at 16:30

Kreuzer or Ryder for Grundy? Was thinking Ryder because he has a better run home, thoughts?

TheGreatBozza · 15/08/2017 at 21:58

I tihnk Kreuzer will score more, has a higher ceiling. I did bring in Ryder last week for Lynch, and if I didn't have to deal with Selwood, Neale, Ryan (pant stain) & Shaw (huge pant stain), I'd be brining in Krezuer for Grundy

TheGreatBozza · 15/08/2017 at 21:56

Murmurs that Lachie Neale is out. I had these grand plans to offload Selwood, Nank & Ryan/Shaw with my last three trades, but I should have know my plans would turn to S#1T. I'm wishing I held on to Witherden last week, as I thought he was done for the year.

Neale > Crouch