Round 21 Supercoach Panic Room

Published by Patch on

PanicRoomRd21

HAhA HahAHA HahA hA Ha hAha HAH Aha HA hA Ha hA HA Ha hA hA Hah Aha HA HA ha hA HA ha HA hA HahA HA Hah AhA Ha hA
ha HA HA ha HA hA Ha hA HA Hah AhA Hah Ah aH AH Ah  aHh AHa haH Ah A

HahAHAH ahAhAHa hAhaHAHAh aHAhAHahAHA

HahAh AH ahAhaHAHAhaH AhAHahAHAH ahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaHAh AHahAHAHahAhA HahAhaHAHAhaAhAHahAHA…

*deep breath*

AAA AAAH ahAhaHAHAhaHA hAHahAHAHahAhA HahAhaHAHAhaHAhAH hAHAHahAhAHahA haHAHAhaHAhAHahA

HAHahAhAHahAhaHAHA haAhAHahAHA HahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaH AhAHahAHAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaAhAHahA

HAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaHAhAHahAHAHahAhA

HahAhaHAHAhaAhAHahAHAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaHAhAHa

hAHAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaHAhAHahAHAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaHAhAHahAHAHahAhAHahAhaHAHAhaA

HAHAhaHAhAHahAHAHahaHAHAhAAaaaaaaaaaa…

PanicRd21A

THE NEWS

We’ve been given the finger this week by the Supercoach gods. If you scored a week off this week, you’ve missed something shocking. Something astronomical. I’m not one to exaggerate but this may be the single worst thing to have ever happened in the history of literally everything

Hey you know how the midfield was a thing? NOT ANYMORE, BITCH. Joel Selwood is done for the home and away season. He’s gone. Kaput. Done. Gary Ablett may as bloody well be kaput for all the football he’s playing. Which, for those playing along at home, is practically none.

The tribunal, in the midst of having an absolute mare of a week, decided to suspend Zach Merrett for a week because they hate you. They also suspended Mitch Duncan for the softest thing I’ve seen on a football field since Lance Whitnall’s stomach wobbled out. Disgraceful.

Sydney captain Josh P. Kennedy won’t return. He’s still injured. He also hates you. Sam Powell-Pepper has been rested (cheers Lazza for picking me up on that)

So good thing you have Alex Witherden as cover, eh? WRONG. He’s done a hamstring. He’s out, which makes him as useless as a one-legged man in an arse kicking contest, which coincidentally is what Brisbane vs Gold Coast will be for Lions players.

Perpetual 2017 disappointment (aside from that one game just after everyone traded him out) Tom J Lynch has had his season ended with a PCL and good bloody riddance. Or he would be IF WE HAD ANY TRADES LEFT. He’ll join Jarrod Witts on the sidelines, who has been confirmed to miss the rest of the season because reasons. I’m too angry and disappointed and hurt to even check any more.

There’s still no sign of Jeremy Cameron, which is concerning for those unfortunate souls who brought him in at my recommendation.

Nick Riewoldt headbutted some dude to win a game of football, which would be admirable if he hadn’t concussed himself and caused himself to miss this week, but considering it’s Supercoach finals and he scored 3 points for it instead of the required 25 for kicking the winning goal it’s not good enough.

Speaking of being angry and disappointed and hurt: the tribunal did some more nasty things by suspending several people’s entire ruck lines. Brodie Grundy executed “the perfect tackle”, before getting a holding the ball free kick and a subsequent two-week ban. Shane Mumford also ran through a big, bearded bloke, but instead of letting him do his thing (as they’ve done several times this year) the Tribunal decided they now hate us and everything we stand for, so they suspended him for a week.

Then the Tomahawk grabbed some jumper and LA DI DA that’s now a two week sentence to the gulag two weeks of running laps in Geelong.

Shout out to Collingwood for being even more annoying than usual, naming Josh Daicos on a bench, which means they’re either not going to play him and troll everybody by playing Blair and Maynard ahead of not only every male and female player on their list, every netballer on their list and all the support staff, including Gary from accounting, who at 42 is likely to play more of a role in Collingwood’s next premiership than either of those two. The other option is him playing, which will ruin his 2018 price. But what do I care, I don’t even like Collingwood?

It’s been a long week month year.

Jarrod Berry and Pearce Hanley have both been withdrawn from the Q-Clash.

Fortunately there’s good news! Perma captain and Our Lord And Saviour Patrick Dangerfield returns, unless of course you traded him out last week. In which case you’re stuffed. RIP you.

The Chad is back, as is Matt Priddis, Luke Hodge and Sean Darcy. But that’s it. By way of consolation, it’s like throwing a few peas at a starving man. And by gum are we starving.

THE PATCH UP

The patch up is a bit useless this week. I mean, how can you patch up this week’s carnage?

It’s like turning up to a raging inferno with one of those itty bitty water pistols. And the water pistol is filled with petroleum distillate.

I’ve prepared a list of how to deal with this mess.

Step 1.

Cry. Let it all out. It’s okay, it’s healthy.

PanicRd21B

Step 2. Gorge yourself on your Everything Will Be Okay food.

This step is not healthy, unless celery is your guilty food you eat at 1am after finishing The Notebook for the first time, wrapped in several blankets, in the midst of a mid-life crisis. Chocolate is my go-to, but ice cream also works well for this.

Step 3. Believe in yourself.

Jock has the tonic. Strap yourself in to this. Listen to the podcast again. Breathe. You can do this.

Step 4. Open your Supercoach Side

Realise you can’t do this, and all hope is lost and that your guilty food is in fact donuts because you’re currently having them rain down in front of your eyes and EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE.

PanicRd21C

Step 5. Repeat steps 1&2

At least until making a panicked decision three minutes before lockout and regretting it.

Step 6. Pick your Draftstars team instead

HEY NOW, YOU’RE A DRAFTSTAR

What a segue. You’re a professional, Patchola. Pity you’re not a professional Fantasy Footballer, but hey, one day.

* note from ed.. there’s a juicy $400 layed on to of the $2 Graduates contest this week. VERY good week to get cracking! See below.

Obviously pending Sunday teams, here I am for the North Melbourne vs Hawthorn clash on Sunday, or the Tassie Clash (apparently?). Tom Mitchell is undoubtedly a lock – starting without him puts you 130 points behind the eight ball.

Shaun Higgins should push into the midfield, and if he can kick straight should be good value. I’m backing in North’s young midfield guns in Ryan Clarke and Declan Mountford, partially because I need to afford Titch.

The ruck battle will be interesting, but I’ve gone with Ben McEvoy due to Norf’s insistence on playing two rucks. Goldstein and Pruess will duke it out for ruck minutes, and despite Big Boy’s bad record against North, he gets the nod.

Who are you looking at, community?

PanicRd21ImageD

Draftstars Buy In

MASSIVE prize pool in the $2 buy-in graduates contest this week – Enter Here.

Enter the Academy contest here

RUCKING HELL

Oh god I’m about to start manically laughing again. What a mess this has been in 2017. So much for ‘set and forget’. Five ruckmen have played every game this year, with one of those being Jackson Trengove, who isn’t really Supercoach relevant.

Brodie Grundy has been a very good pick, or at least he was until he accidentally buried Ben Brown’s head in Etihad’s grass. Stefan Martin has had a few very poor periods when he’s had to play alongside Archie Smith, while Sam Jacobs has rewarded the 5% of coaches with him. Big Boy has been… alright. At least since I traded him in.

Everyone else has been middling average, and it begs the question of what we should do about it next year – I feel like I’ve done well only spending 3 trades there for the year.

In terms of 2017, Grundy has to go. We can’t have him missing two of the remaining three weeks. Bring in Max Gawn or Matty Kreuzer if you can, depending on which your opponent this week has.

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

Dangerfield is back. Literally no other midfielder is playing. I don’t feel like I need to spell this out. Lock him in.

For the other option (whatever Dangerfield isn’t), The Bont has finally found some form for the Doggies and could be worth the punt against GWS, while Rory Sloane looks unlikely to be tagged by the Bombers.

Obviously though, if you have one of Dustin Martin or Tom Mitchell, give one of them a shot. Now’s not the time for Dicey selections, your PODs should be doing that at this time of year. If you’re feeling dangerous, or need something big to get your side over the line, let me know who you’re going in the comments!

And I’m out for the week, community. Lots of panic, not a lot of help, but that’s what comments are for! Get in, get amongst it, let us know your thoughts.

You’re a bunch of good eggs, community. Don’t forget that. Remember to chuck your Draftstars sides in, and good luck for this weekend! Rip ‘em a new one!

Twitter : @PatchToTheMax

neil Demons Delight · 11/08/2017 at 11:44

Great read Patch as usual splash of humour and a lot of frustration and who can blame you. I seen Mark Jackson punch Ronny Andrews after Ron whacked him in the nuts out of the umps sight . Now that's what I call a punch Robbie Flower would vouch for that Great job all year Patch

Rick Grimes · 11/08/2017 at 11:49

Great write up, Patch. You've brilliantly encapsulated the mood of the SC community. Not only have the SC Gods burnt our season to a blackened crisp, they've served it up with a side of soggy brussell sprouts. Absolute [email protected]

Mograt · 11/08/2017 at 11:57

Patch, I was gunna say it looks like you've lost your Ha Ha for the year, but there it all is right at the top of your post !!!!! The one good thing about carnage of this nature is that it usually affects your opponant as much as it does your own team ( assuming of course you have long since given up hope of winning the whole thing and are now jus content with a league GF. For me I had 3 trades up my sleeve going into this round and have picked up T Mitchell for Jelwood and Neale for Witherdan. Came close. Few weeks ago to picking up Grundy or Mummy in Ruck for Witts but luckily spent he extra coin for Ryder.

One trade left and still finals of both leagues. Here's hoping to then end of the carnage. One trade left for emergencies.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 12:43

Hoping for you Mograt! Big moves for you this week, I love it!

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 11/08/2017 at 11:58

Ruck me.
What a mess.
Fortunately I have two big boys who are playing (but who knows -there may be more sting in the SCorpion tail) but feel for the teams who have both big boys missing.

As u said not much better anywhere else either. Mids ripped to shreds with a twangy backup.

Danger is it.
But to provide a little bit of sunshine i give you this.
Last 6 games scores v Kangas
Rd 20 – Taylor Adams 127
Rd 19 – Oliver 170
Rd 18 – Heppell 115
Rd 17 – Ebert/wingard 150
Rd 16 – Fyfe 140
Rd 15 – Lyons 138

So if for some reason Danger doesn't quite get the job done u can lock in Titch with confidence against the roos.

Can field 22 just.
If Shaz is named tonight have 1 loop.
Who to loop? Shaw or Lloyd?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:27

Beautiful stuff, Trigger! Titch has torn the comp a new one this year.

Personally would loop Lloyd, McVeigh has cut his output in half

Spam Notifier · 11/08/2017 at 15:54

cringe

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 12:05

Rockliff or R.Gray

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 12:43

Gray for mine. Rockliff is just slightly too off-kilter at the moment

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 13:45

Ok then, that's one trade now what to do with T.Lynch only have 18K in the bank now

redherringfc · 11/08/2017 at 14:53

I'd say reverse the previous trade, get Rocky in and see what you can get with the extra 100k.

Leaves you about 530k I think. Makes most forwards affordable (only Macrae and Ryder are out of reach) If you can swing a dpp from the mids (or ruck) it opens up a lot of possibilities.

If you go with Gray then consider Charlie Dixon, might go large this week and in round 23.

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 15:00

If I get Rockliff I get 120K in the bank to upgrade T.Lynch

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:44

That changes things, T. Rockliff in and then McLean? Red Herring's suggestion of Dixon isn't a bad one either

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 17:17

Didn't think of McLean actually

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 17:25

That would mean I would have 4 dogs players tho

Lazza · 11/08/2017 at 12:23

SPP is out

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:27

Cheers Lazza

Hb prince · 11/08/2017 at 12:24

Like most of the community I have selwood and Grundy out this please advise me on which combo is better:

D MARTIN AND S MARTIN OR GREENE/HEENEY via dpp

Or

L PARKER/WARD AND KREUZER

Cheers community

SC_Kev7 · 11/08/2017 at 12:32

Kruze will go bananas v Eagles this week. Couple him with Parker. Dusty/Smartin a close second

Simo · 11/08/2017 at 12:36

Dusty + Stef I say.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 12:44

I'm team Dusty and Stef

SC_Kev7 · 11/08/2017 at 12:28

"Lots of panic, not a lot of help" – that's the unofficial motto of the Panic Room, right? 😉

I've found my vice to be those $7 tubs of iced vovo ice cream. Will be demolishing a few this weekend. Best of luck to all!

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 12:45

A lot of us are beyond help this week. If you need help, Lek's cheat sheet is absolutely where you should be going after my last attempts at helping (Zorko, Gibbs, Mumford, Jezza Cameron) have all been absolutely appalling, I feel I'm helping more by not helping!

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 12:43

Look at the bright side, at least there are plenty of loophole options

Raw_Tiger · 11/08/2017 at 15:34

Yeh, but loop hole to who ???? There's no one there … bench is empty … or same game for the single one I have . 🙁

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 12:49

Berry and Hanley have also been withdrawn from this week

Dan · 11/08/2017 at 12:59

Thinking big POD…Jwood to Rocky which would allow witherden to likes of Roberton, McVeigh, Rance. Rocky looks to be getting it together and so cheap. Two home games v GCS and Roos and away v Dees. Or do I downgrade witherden and Jwood to Dusty who opt has ?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:29

I'd be very, very hesitant to bring Tom Rockliff into your side. He's ridiculously cheap, but he's cheap for a reason. His run home is great, and he needs to play well to bring his market value up for trade period, but… personally I couldn't do it. I'd go option 2 myself, Dan – but back yourself here!

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 13:05

I'm sitting pretty with 5 trades left and a week off since I'm in the prelim. I was hoping that Grundy would only get 1 week for a perfect tackle but that wasn't to be:

DEF: Doc, Adams, Laird, Howe, Shaw, Ryan (Witherden, Scharenberg)
MID: Danger, Dusty, Fyfe, Bont, Neale, Treloar, Mitchell, j.Lloyd (Selwood, Cousins, Bolton)
R: Nank, Gawn (Grundy)
FWD: Macrae, Yeo, Heeney, Dahlhaus, Greenwood, Deluca-Cardillo (Lynch, Cameron)

Do I go hard the next 2 weeks, using 4 trades to load up for the prelim and give me an even better shot at making the GF, or downgrade Witherden this week to build a chest, and upgrade Selwood & Grundy next week, leaving Lynch for the GF.

Thoughts?

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 13:37

Having 5 trades left at this stage is awesome,I'd be trading out Selwood and Lynch,since they won't be coming back.

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 13:43

I sacrificed my ranking for league play after a slow start and held trades. I'm definitely offloading Lynch, Selwood and Witherden. Im more trying to plan out who to bring in.

Toby Greene up forward is looking good, as is Matt Crouch and Merrett in the midfield next week

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 14:20

I like the idea of Greene and M.Crouch.Crouch more so,his last two months have been great,Oliver could be another one,a little bit cheaper.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:48

I'd go BANG BANG now, Bozza! No point saving Lynch for the grand final – how much cash have you got? Can you go Lynch to a Buddy/Dahlhaus/JJK or, if you're feeling dicey, a Sicily (ave 110 in his last 3) or a Charlie Curnow (91 in his last 3 , but with WCE, Haw, Syd to come, maybe not)?

Would go Lynch and Withers this week, then the other two next week

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 18:19

Only have 12k.

Thinking Witherden > Junker as a loop, then Selwood > Coniglio, and offload Lynch next week.

It's good having a week off to play with

B rian · 11/08/2017 at 18:28

Congrats Bozza, You've done very well. I think in your situation you should be looking to get in a better option than Coniglio.
        Witherden to Junker
        Jelwood to the highest points scorer you don't have

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 13:11

I don't want to make you sadder than you are Patch,but for once I have managed to avoid the carnage,have my best players on the field and have cover on all lines.Am in five semi finals,the only one I might lose is in the ''Barron's Cup'' League,will be putting the VC on Danger and the C on Mitch.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:49

You ripper John – that's the Friday pick me up I needed! Best of luck to you mate!

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 14:32

Thanks Patch,up to round 17 it seemed like I had an injury to deal with every two weeks,since then been alright just hanging on to my last two trades,which hopefully I will be using for either the Preliminary finals or GF. To the community I say this,we can plan all we like and think we are set,but luck or no luck at all,plays a huge part in how we go through the season and where we end up.

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 14:57

Hi John, I managed to avoid the rampant blood and carnage decimating a lot of teams this week also…don't know how, it's all just luck really I think.

JohndJames · 12/08/2017 at 10:45

Hi Russty,that's good to hear,it does go to show that you can do all the research you like,get your structures right and plan your trades really carefully,but nothing will protect you from massive outs on any particular weekend.

FCAbel · 11/08/2017 at 13:15

Wonderful patch. Those last now will later be first.

Nicko · 11/08/2017 at 13:16

I posted previously and leaning toward option C. I have 2 trades remaining and playing an elimination final. Roo seems to be injured which means Greenwood will be on field regardless.

What to do out of these options?:
A. Trade Jelwood to Bont, trade out Roo for Ryan Burton. It would kill any loophole option in my fwd line moving forward.
B. Trade Jelwood for Dusty, trade out Parsons for a cheap non-playing rookie so I can loophole and keep Roo.
C. Trade Jelwood for Gibbs / Yeo / Parker / Heppell and hold my 2nd trade
D. Trade Jelwood for Billings, trade out Roo for Yeo. It would kill any loophole option in my fwd line moving forward.

Thanks in advance!

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:49

I like option C with a side of Lukey Parker, Nicko!

The Ranger · 11/08/2017 at 13:17

Ablett, JPK, Selwood, Grundy, Lynch, Rooey, Witherden OUT
Greene and Menegola IN

Still got 22 if Schazza plays but one of those is Pickett so 21 really.
Yuk.

The Ranger · 11/08/2017 at 13:18

Who's got the most outs?!
    Can anyone top seven?

Dojo_Warrior · 11/08/2017 at 13:59

6 out (Selwood, Grundy, Lynch, Witherden, Merrett, SPP) this week, 2 (Witts and Cameron) out last week! No in's either, other than Brown this week who has been sat on my bench all year….

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 11/08/2017 at 14:13

Winner winner Chicken dinner
      7 wow that has to win

The Ranger · 11/08/2017 at 16:03

Hedski has a fair few out, think he might at least equal me.
        In theory there might be someone out there with all of my seven plus Duncan, Merrett and Mummy!

hedski · 11/08/2017 at 16:08

Witherden, Jelwood, Zerrett, Mummy, Lynch, Rooey, Bolton, Cousins + my 2 loopers (Junker/Strnadica).

Going in with 20 on field thanks to Deluca.

The Ranger · 11/08/2017 at 16:23

And the award goes to….

Got my fingers crossed for ya Hedski.
            Thirteen…thirteen!!!

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 15:01

Nope that's a lot I have Witherden, Mumford, T.Lynch, Merrett and Selwood out this week

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 13:50

That is a lot of outs. Ouch!

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 15:17

Pickett is Playing

The Ranger · 11/08/2017 at 15:59

He is indeed Corza but does that really count?

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 21:58

Probably not haha

Nick · 11/08/2017 at 13:36

C on Zorko or Sloane?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:47

Slorko
    Zoane

I'd go Sloane as the Dons don't tend to tag, but also the Suns are useless so I'd also go Zorko.

Zorko. Just.

Rivo · 11/08/2017 at 13:40

Another brilliant post Patch. You have soothed our mere as in a season of utter chaos.

Amazingly, I have a full team to field and one bench defender this round, swinging Lloyd to M8 and Greenwood to F6. DPP swings so vital this time of the season.

I'm still in 3 Ieague finals so Captain choice is key..

1. Danger into Sloane?
2. Danger into M.Crouch?
3. Dusty into Gawn?
4. Dusty into Doc?

Leaning toward 1 or 2 though..

I have22starters · 11/08/2017 at 13:48

Two supercoach rules…never trade sideways unless an injury, and don't ever leave danger out of c or v loop.

Dave · 11/08/2017 at 14:30

Hey do you have 22 starters this week mr 22 starters

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 14:48

I'm going Danger into Gawn Rivo…just for another option.

Stirlsy · 11/08/2017 at 16:37

Same 2 for me Russty

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:49

I like option 5, Danger into Gawn

I have22starters · 11/08/2017 at 13:44

Oppt and I have almost identical teams…so, start Ryan or Heater ?

Rivo · 11/08/2017 at 13:52

Ryan for me. Heater has been rubbish.

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 14:29

Ryan, Heater is cooked

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:49

Ryan.

Dojo_Warrior · 11/08/2017 at 13:58

This is carnage! I've now copped outs from Grundy, Lynch, Jelwood, Merrett, Witherden and SPP this week, to go beautifully with losing Cameron and Witts last week.

I'm now looking at 2 donuts this week. Meanwhile, my opponent who had the second chance is welcoming back Greene, Priddis, Swallow and Hannan with no outs.

A risk on the captaincy table is looking like my best bet at this stage!

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 14:49

That's rough mate, yeah you're gonna need a pod Captain this week for sure.

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 13:59

18K in the Bank Tom Lynch to who????

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 14:53

Who do you already have Corza? Josh Caddy's been in some good form lately. $424,200

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 15:02

Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Ryder and Heeney

redherringfc · 11/08/2017 at 15:04

Under 430k, is that correct?

Tough call, but Dixon at 391k has potential this week and round 23. Round 22 against the dogs at etihad is a concern. You would definitely want to be using a loophole option with him.

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 15:12

Yeah 428K I only have Parsons as cover in the forward line

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 15:14

I'm thinking Greenwood at this stage 401K or I can get more money by Trading J.Selwood to Rockliff instead of Selwood to Gray and have an extra 100K to get somebody else

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:50

Would go Rockliff so you have more cashmoney to ditch Lynch

Corza · 11/08/2017 at 17:26

Ok

Bald&theBeautiful · 11/08/2017 at 14:02

Absolute bloodbath! Trading out Grundy and Jelwood, trying to pick between trading in:
1. Kreuzer and Luke Ryan (swing Adams to mid);
or
2. Jacobs and Gibbs? Gibbs' run home doesn't have any obvious taggers which bodes well for his output.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:51

Option 2 for mine mate!

Jimmy · 11/08/2017 at 17:20

So Howe from Hawks isn't an obvious tagger?

CheekyNandos · 11/08/2017 at 14:35

Should I loop Lloyd (Syd) with Corey Maynard or Teia Miles?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:51

Maynard against the Saints for mine

Lazza · 11/08/2017 at 17:45

Who? 🙂

Winter · 11/08/2017 at 14:37

Help
2 trades 107k left in bank
3 non playing mids – Merrett, JPK, Selwood
MIDS: Danger, Dusty, Merrett, Fyfe, Hanners, Treloar, JPK, Selwood

Options
1. Can use my last 2 trades on Selwood and JPK but no clue who for with only 107k in the bank. Best options seem to be Kelly and Parker… 3k short on Kelly and Bont 🙁

2. Can swing Witherden to DEF for Lloyd and play Ryan and Shaw on field using 1 trade only (Selwood to Zorko or Kelly) and use Greenwood to cover for Merrett

Leaning towards first option cause playing this week

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 14:58

I like the second option,you have cover in defence,[I have both Ryan and Greenwood on field,]Selwood to Bont would work.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:52

If you're up this week, option 1

Crow · 11/08/2017 at 14:52

Great intro Patch. As soon as i came onto the home page and saw all the ha has, i knew exactly what was going on haha. It's been that bad of a week for most of us but funny enough, my opponent has next to zero carnage, and i have one trade, but because i won in my other league and have the week off, im saving the trade incase more mess happens next week. So i've decided to just play a lot of low scores and just back them to hopefully do well and hope my opponent has an off game unlike last week where everything went right. I switched Dahl to the mid to cover Merrett while swinging Bolton to the forward and having to play Parsons on the ground, then i switched Adams to the mids and put Witherden in the backline with Ryan covering him and Adams covering Duncan. I guess if there's a late out, i'll have to use a trade but thanks to the guys here who helped me at least fit a full team this week with the carnage. Good luck to everyone this weekend who are still playing finals.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:53

Nice Crowy! Escaping it this week!

INPieman · 11/08/2017 at 15:04

First class work Patch! Love it. Every year I say get to finals with 6 trades. But it never happens. And the carnage comes & I say to myself you needed 6 trades for the finals. Meh. F you SC gods

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 15:07

Planned for the same here too Pieman, but all those plans went down the crapper with an express ticket this year haha

JohndJames · 11/08/2017 at 16:06

Yep six trades would be very handy right now and then you look back at your trades for the year and find those three or four that never should have happened.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:53

Cheers IN!

Dan · 11/08/2017 at 17:35

Get to finals with 6 trades means you may not get there in the first place.

Lazza · 11/08/2017 at 17:43

Plenty of teams with 6 trades left haven't made the finals… would take supreme luck or the most astute of SCers, particularly this year..

B rian · 11/08/2017 at 17:56

I think 4 is the magic number.

Stirlsy · 11/08/2017 at 15:14

They going to need boats over in Perth sat nite 80 mm of rain here from now till monday and saturday is the worst of it, thats on top of the 50mm we have had in the last couple of days.

INPieman · 11/08/2017 at 15:58

Wow! Not good for key forwards like JJK

Stirlsy · 11/08/2017 at 16:40

nope anyone thinking of a wild C option on him better look at whats hitting perth now and whats coming in the next 24 hours loads of water, 2 pools got pushed out of the ground yesterday.

TRIGGA_HAPPY · 11/08/2017 at 16:00

That's just Bloody Great Stirls.
    I didn't need to hear that

Brought in JJK as a pod to boot a bag against the blues and now you r telling me he will need to do that with a snorkel.

Dang. Was gonna be my big point scorer to cover the "outs" this week.

Hmmmmph

Stirlsy · 11/08/2017 at 16:44

Iv got him too Trigga but started with him.
      Can only hope he gets a bit of it but goals might be a tricky affair over here in the big wet.

Stirlsy · 11/08/2017 at 15:19

on field Brown pies or Deluca docker … ill have 20mins to have a look at Deluca before i picking one. Thoughts.

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 15:30

I think Brown will play we all know what's across Ross Lyon is like……

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 16:54

Brown for mine

James · 11/08/2017 at 15:53

3 trades, $74k in the bank, have the week off because I made it to prelims.

My first option is next week trade Grundy to Mumford, and Selwood to a decent midfielder and have 1 trade left if I make the grand final

My second option is trade Witherden down to a cheap rookie this week and next week upgrade Grundy to someone like Kruezer and upgrade Selwood to someone like Titch, and have no trades left.

What do I do??

SC_Kev7 · 11/08/2017 at 16:41

I'd hold James. Put the feet up mate. No telling what this game will throw at us next week

B rian · 11/08/2017 at 18:17

I think it depends on the rest of your team mate. Im in a similar situation with 3 trades left and I have decided to make one trade this week. Jelwood is out for the year so there is no point in keeping him. I want to have my best possible team on the park next week so if I pick up another injury this week then I wont be able to make 3 trades next week.
    Yes its true that the player that you bring in for Jelwood may get injured but that is a long shot. Its much more likely that another player in your team will get injured this week leaving you short next week if you don't make the trade.

Jimmy · 11/08/2017 at 16:00

So really confused. Do I trade Selwood and Witherden for Oliver and Maynard which would leave me with two trades and $211k or

Trade Goldy for Gawn and Selwood for either Parker, Menegola or B Crouch. This would leave me with no cash.

My opponent is bringing in Gawn and usually I'd go option 1 but this is do or die. The second option would give me more fire power I think for this week

Dan · 11/08/2017 at 16:12

I agree – option 2. The cash isn't going to be any use to you next week if you lose this week. You may as well go for it :).

Lazza · 11/08/2017 at 17:47

What Dan said ..

Edo · 11/08/2017 at 16:13

Good luck this week everyone!
Need the help of the community. 1 trade left. Selwood out, who comes in:
A) heppell
b) gibbs
c) menagola
d) sloane (not a POD vs opponent)

Thanks!

SC_Kev7 · 11/08/2017 at 16:37

I like Menegola, Edo. No Jelwood or Duncan. Will surely get amongst it

Edo · 11/08/2017 at 17:23

Sweet thanks mate

hedski · 11/08/2017 at 16:13

Your intro sums up my last few days perfectly Patch, the missus has just let me out of the padded cell where I've been a dribbling mess.
20 playing this week, no hope in my last cash league semi that I'm alive in.
Massive hail Mary this week, Lancelot into Sloane as my opponent has neither (+ he has 22 playing, can probably loophole too the bastard).
#imcooked

Sam · 11/08/2017 at 16:19

Loophole Heater or Lloyd for Ryan?

Wattsieesq · 11/08/2017 at 16:44

Great work Patch!

I'm either going to bring in Kelly or Neale. What are people's thoughts? I'm leaning towards Neale.

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 17:29

I reckon Neale goes bigger more often than Kelly at this stage, might be different next season though.

OldOcker · 11/08/2017 at 17:40

Fyfe coming good and Ryan have taken away from Neale in my opinion but I would still go with Neale over Kelly.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:28

Neale for mine

Qwert · 11/08/2017 at 17:08

3 trades left…no danger but have selwood. Do I use 2 trades to get Danger for Selwood or just trade Selwood to Oliver/Kelly/Zorko/Parker and use 1 trade.

Chompy · 11/08/2017 at 19:53

I had no danger until round 12 and it probably cost me the 1800 points I'm behind the current sc leader. So… I'd imagine you're screwed completely, might as well stick fat and go with someone else and brag about how you did what you did this year never having him in your side. Gibbs is a good switch for selwood. G'luck!

James · 11/08/2017 at 17:15

JPK and Selwood out out, got $1,041,300 to play with for 2 mids who are the best options?

Currently have Danger, Martin, Titch, Zorko, Fyfe, Treloar

Wattsieesq · 11/08/2017 at 17:59

Bont and either Sloane or Heppell?

Jess · 11/08/2017 at 17:22

DEF: Doch, Adams, Hibberd (Melb) Tuohy, Newmann, Ryan (Shaw, Hibberd – Nth)
In this situation would you loophole Shaw tonight? Put E on him?

dan · 11/08/2017 at 17:40

Done exactly that…free hit.

Jess · 11/08/2017 at 17:42

Thanks Dan, if Shaw goes alright who would you play out of Newmann or Ryan?

Cogla13 · 11/08/2017 at 19:24

Can't see how you can loophole Shaw using Hibberd as they are playing in the same game. You could put the e on Newman, Ryan or Tuohy but not Shaw. If the e goes well move Hibberd on for Shaw.

John · 11/08/2017 at 17:23

3 trades, $74k

Grundy to Mumford next week and Selwood to someone similar to his price

OR

Witherden to Spencer this week, Grundy to Kreuzer or Ryder and Selwood to any premium mid

Help!!!

Jess · 11/08/2017 at 17:30

3 trades – 20K, Thinking Swing Greenwood Forward. Trading out Lynch and J Selwood for 2 mids.
Not much money in bank. Thinking Rocky and Gray? Other options with limited bank.
Hibberd (melb), Doch, Newman, Tuohy, Ryan, Adams (Hibberd – Nth, Shaw)
Danger, Sloane, Dusty, Neale, Fyfe, Bont, Greenwood, Witherden, (Jelwood, Merrett, Cousins)
Gawn, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Nank, Macrae, Buddy, Lynch, Ryder (Eddy, Young)

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:29

In a pickle Jess mate but you're bringing in two guys who could go 150 this week – pull the trigger!

OldOcker · 11/08/2017 at 17:30

I can't understand why everyone is whingeing, I only have 2 trades left and Z Merrett, J Selwood, B Grundy. Witherden who i had cover for in Berry but he has now been withdrawn with a foot ailment and now my other cover in M White misses out too.
I never thought i would ever say this but thank the God's for Z Fisher and C Glass who both get another game to make my 22 players.
Congratulations to the 3 teams that will probably beat me this week but i will be saving my last 2 trades for the other 6 teams that i play next week.
Due to the recent carnage i am very reluctant to make a trade this week just in case the God's do not have a week off like I do in 6 leagues.
Great work again Patch and chin up mate, I don't know whether you drink or not but I will have one for you just in case.

B rian · 11/08/2017 at 17:59

you should trade out jelwood this week. it doesn't make sence to hold him, he is done for the year.

OldOcker · 11/08/2017 at 18:36

I don't want to make a trade this week because of fear of injury to whoever i bring in.
      I only have 2 trades and get Z Merrett and maybe others back and I am playing in 6 leagues next week.
      Selwood's value is going nowhere if he is not playing.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:25

But if players you're targeting (such as Menegola) go up in price you may be in trouble

OldOcker · 13/08/2017 at 08:08

Price is not a concern for me or I would take the risk and trade this week.
          I am afraid of the carnage that has already happened and do not want to put someone in this week only to get injured.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:25

Cheers mate. I don't drink, but it's appreciated at any rate!

Ryan · 11/08/2017 at 17:44

What's the chance of Sloane getting tagged against, Essendon?

Beezneez · 11/08/2017 at 17:55

Just read that Myers could be sent to tag him – source: Worsefold on SEN radio.

Beezneez · 11/08/2017 at 17:58

Sorry it was Mark Harvey talking about Sloane's susceptibility to a tag. He did score 160 last week with a Boak tag.

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:27

We'd be dumb not to, but we've been dumb a lot this season, like when we let Kelly off the chain. I'd say he'll get attention

Lazza · 11/08/2017 at 17:51

C & VC could be the diffference this weekend …. I expect the community will drop off somewhat post this week , so good luck to each and every one of you…

Tommo09 · 11/08/2017 at 17:51

2 donuts this week and I avoided most of the carnage!

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 18:10

What's everyone's thoughts on Coniglio? Think he is good value. I'm considering bringing him in for Selwood

OldOcker · 11/08/2017 at 18:38

I have always liked this lad but the mid's have been a minefield this year, Go with your gut mate.

Larry · 11/08/2017 at 18:47

Would have been in my team from Day 1 if he hadn't got injured.. will be in my team next year for sure … he is the GWS engine .. do it ..

TheGreatBozza · 11/08/2017 at 19:21

Going to hold off for now. Dogs have been good at shutting down opposition mids. His price won't rise too much if he goes large

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:08

Good player if he can stay on the park…but he can't seem to stay on the park.

Tttt · 11/08/2017 at 18:21

Jelwood to menegola,gray or gibbs?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:26

Menegola for me

iLoveNMFC · 11/08/2017 at 18:25

Gibbs or Rocky in for Jelwood?

Patch · 11/08/2017 at 19:26

Like Gibbs myself

James · 11/08/2017 at 18:50

3 trades $74k and made it to the prelims so have the week off. Was thinking of downgrading witherden to spencer and upgrading Grundy to Kreuzer or Ryder. Just not sure if I should hold this week and do it next week. I also have Selwood.

Any suggestions??

Cogla13 · 11/08/2017 at 19:19

I think Jelwood needs to be your first trade unless you are getting donuts somewhere.

James · 11/08/2017 at 19:30

I'm going to get a donut from grundy next week

Richard · 11/08/2017 at 19:31

Looking for a mid-forward. Need the flexibility for next week. Trading out Jelwood. Will have $517k. Thinking Billings or Caddy. Thoughts? (I already have McCrae, Dalhaus & Yeo.) Is there anyone else?

Joshua · 11/08/2017 at 19:34

Billings

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 19:40

Pickett!…No, Billings or…Caddy's in good form too.

CoachDamo · 11/08/2017 at 20:26

Definitely Billings.

Avoid Caddy – kicked a few goals from the goal square last week but had 8, 8 and 9 touches in the previous 3 weeks.

Richard · 11/08/2017 at 21:51

Billings it is. Many thanks

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 19:59

Alright, time for loophole options. Cheers in advance.
Back line: Should I bother loopholing Sharon? Of the Berg variety? I can start him on and take Ryan off. I don't know right now but
Ryan has been going great.
Mid: Deluca-Cardillo or Jake Lloyd. Okay, never mind. Actually, Lloyd or Nank? Who will go bigger? Or will both of them go bigger than Greenwood?
Fwd: If I do loop Nank, Dixon or Greenwood comes off?

Thank you!

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 20:44

I think it's dangerous loopholing during finals, what if you have a late out?…I reckon just play your best players and whack anyone on the bench you are lucky enough to have on the bench.

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 20:58

No games this week, of 4 leagues, 1 eliminated and 3 won qualifying

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:03

So you're asking for hypothetical purposes?…if you're not even playing this week..why are you asking about loophole options?

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 21:14

Playing for a rank boost

Don't Blush Baby · 11/08/2017 at 20:27

Knob head & Heater doing fcall

Don't Blush Baby · 11/08/2017 at 20:32

Also include Kelly & Macrae

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 20:34

Yeah I noticed!….when does synchronized swimming start?…woohoo

Pete · 11/08/2017 at 20:47

Zorko's gotta go big against the Suns. Surely !?!?!

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 20:54

Not nececelery

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 21:01

If the game finished now, Dahlhaus would have gotten a Brownlow vote…. How is he only on 27.
Bontempelli with 3 votes: Fantastic so far! Glad I have him in my team

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:05

Hope the Doggies get up..over those manufactured, overpaid insta-team guys.

gator59 · 11/08/2017 at 21:26

Dirty little cu%t

leedy · 12/08/2017 at 02:04

cult?

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:26

The flogometer has gone off the scale again after Greene kicks Dahlhaus in the head.

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 22:21

On the list of biggest violent d*ckh**ds of all time…. Kim Jong Un comes in second with Toby Greene a blooming lead

TOPHAWK1 · 11/08/2017 at 21:27

Toby Greene. What a disgrace. That prick is dirty as they get. And then kicks a goal!!

TOPHAWK1 · 11/08/2017 at 21:38

2-3 weeks for that little farker

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 22:20

You have to admire his skill…. and then BAM! As you are you get a foot to the face

Defying_Madness · 11/08/2017 at 21:31

Greene did nothing wrong. If he gets weeks for that the tribunal is a joke, but when you look at the last few weeks it wouldn't surprise me.

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:34

So Karate kicks to the head are allowed in the AFL now?…I reckon he might be in some trouble again.

Defying_Madness · 11/08/2017 at 21:43

Nothing in it, he has his eyes on the ball the whole time. Dahlhaus ran right into it, Greene can't be penalised because of Dahl's height that's not Greenes fault. Also if this was any other player nobody would have batted an eyelid the only reason everyone is making a big fuss over this is because it is Greene

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:49

Sorry, I don't agree, he raised his foot to that height intentionally, I reckon he has a nasty streak running through him, cause he's a shortass…He has shortass syndrome.

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 22:23

YOU DONT STICK YOUR FOOT OUT WHEN GOONG FOR MARKS TO STOP INCOMING PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TAKE A HIT LIKE A MAN AND THEN GO BACK FOR YOUR KICK OR FEND HIM WITH AN OPEN HAND. ALL FEET AND FISTS WILL FO IS INJURE NO MATTER WHERE THEY ARE AIMED AND HAVE NO EXTRA BENEFIT APART FROM CONCUSSIONS

Northernsoul74 · 12/08/2017 at 11:24

It wasn't even a marking contest, it was a handball receive. Disgusting act from a nasty player.

Tibor · 12/08/2017 at 08:48

Yeah good call, Tommy Bugg should have tried that one, "if Callum Mills was a foot taller I would have got him in the shoulder or chest"….

If Toby flew for a mark and did this that would be ok but that ain't what happened

Defying_Madness · 12/08/2017 at 11:15

Plenty of players do the exact same thing have a look at Waite and how many times has he been suspended.

Freddie · 12/08/2017 at 11:47

You obviously haven't played footy because as a player you get a 'sense or feeling' that someone is nearby. Greene knew what he was doing. 4 down to 3 weeks.

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 22:19

Dahlhaus dived! Players these days are just too weak! I remember the good old days when instead of bumping people roundhouse kicked and instead of trash talking they king hit. Fantastic

Cobber · 12/08/2017 at 11:49

D***khead. If that type of game continued footy would be dead. I know because I played VFA in the rough, tough 1960's.

Tyruddanaut · 11/08/2017 at 22:24

Just when I was gaining hope on humanity…….

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 21:39

Wingard a good F6 option to replace Lynch
I have Yeo, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Heeney and Ryder

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 21:43

I'm in a real dilemma on what to do with J.Selwood and T.Lynch with only 22K in the bank

Russty_ · 11/08/2017 at 21:51

I thought you'd already received plenty of good advice regarding that…It ain't that big a dilemma.

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 21:59

I just can't decide haha

Corey · 11/08/2017 at 21:59

But yeah you are right, I'll go with my gut

Billioux · 11/08/2017 at 21:55

I Spruiked him all week, So my last trade was J Selwood to Coniglio. So watching him closely,as you do, Happy i stuck fat with my gut.Even thou i thought he would have been a bit higher than 78 at 3/4 time. 3 free's ag doesnt help. Anyway the lad is a gun. Lock from the start next year.

Thomas · 11/08/2017 at 22:32

Take Dahl's 66 or go Buddy?

Joshua · 11/08/2017 at 22:40

Definitely Buddy

Defying_Madness · 11/08/2017 at 22:47

The one week I didn't loophole Dahlhaus

Tony · 11/08/2017 at 22:34

Just putting it out there, how under spec is the SC app ?
If you are in the prelim, no access to game day, league match ups etc. Supercoach deserves better.
If I have gone off half cocked, please show me the way !

Off The Bench · 11/08/2017 at 22:57

Yep it's rubbish

Northerner · 12/08/2017 at 08:58

Use the website on your phone. It's fine. There's a match up tool in game day live that you can match yourself against the other player in your league with a bye

Northerner · 11/08/2017 at 22:41

Doggies nightmare. Dahl, McRae, Wallis. Half of my forward line. Ouch

Crow · 11/08/2017 at 22:41

Should i take Kelly's 130 or Keep the C on Dangerfield? Had J Mac who had a bad game and have Parsons on the field where as my opponent had Bont as VC and currently has Dustin Martin as C. What should i do?

Tony · 11/08/2017 at 22:50

If you are projected to win, take the 130

Randomcliche2 · 12/08/2017 at 02:03

Take it….. upside downside risks are not even but we'll skewed downwards with everyone except Danger and then it's 5050…

Jess · 11/08/2017 at 22:54

Take Shaw's 75 and park Newmann on the bench, or play both Newmann and Ryan. Thoughts?

qwert · 11/08/2017 at 22:59

take 75

Tony · 11/08/2017 at 23:06

They should both be able to top 75, that's not a game winning score !

Steeeve · 11/08/2017 at 23:03

Left Shaw on the bench this week. Didnt even put the E on him. Knew he wouldn't make me regret it. Luke Ryan, give me all you've got son!

Randomcliche2 · 12/08/2017 at 02:04

Well played….

Steeeve · 13/08/2017 at 18:28

Yeah oops haha fml

Russty_ · 13/08/2017 at 22:46

So Ryan was your fault this week Steve LOL

Ossie · 12/08/2017 at 08:54

I'm after a Mid FWD with my last trade. Billings or Steel?

Northerner · 12/08/2017 at 08:55

Billings for mine.

Ossie · 12/08/2017 at 09:03

Yeah I have been impressed with both… Steel seems to be finding form and billings seem to be emerging… Just think Steel get more opportunity in the Midfield and more Tackles. So its hard to split

Notorious mac · 12/08/2017 at 09:12

Ive traded joel selwood to brendan goddard. A big risk for the simple fact that he is another flog i have in my side

AuroraBorealis?! · 12/08/2017 at 09:45

Do i take Shaws 75 or field Lloyd?

CoachDamo · 12/08/2017 at 09:47

Same dilemma here – take Shaw's 75 and swing Lloyd into Mids as cover or stick with Lloyd.

Off The Bench · 12/08/2017 at 12:13

Field Lloyd

Russty_ · 12/08/2017 at 12:22

I was gonna bench Lloyd but at the SCG and with fine weather, I reckon he'll do ok today.

Hubba · 12/08/2017 at 13:43

Take lllloyd

Andy · 12/08/2017 at 09:50

Morning community!

I need to trade Selwood for a player under $521k… I'm thinking:

Beams, Parker or Crouch? Thoughts

CoachDamo · 12/08/2017 at 10:02

Crouch or Parker. Beams is prone to injury – and this late in the season if there are any niggles he'll get rested.

Davo · 12/08/2017 at 10:17

Hi Community. Do I take Shaw's score of 75, and if so, which of Newman, Lloyd or Ryan do I take off the field? Cheers.

JohndJames · 12/08/2017 at 10:30

CoachDamo · 12/08/2017 at 10:36

Any DPP flexibility?

Davo · 12/08/2017 at 10:38

Have Adams in the midfield but no mid bench coverage this week

Northernsoul74 · 12/08/2017 at 11:26

For those commenting on the Toby Greene incident I'd like the point out it wasn't a marking contest, it was a handball receive. Really puts his act into context.

Russty_ · 12/08/2017 at 12:26

He's been watching too many Bruce Lee movies 🙂

Nicko · 12/08/2017 at 11:28

Who should I leave on the bench and potentially loop… Lloyd, Newman or Ryan?

JohndJames · 12/08/2017 at 11:34

Lloyd

Lazza · 12/08/2017 at 11:43

Yo won't be able to loop any of them .. they are all in the same game … Ryan on field …

Nicko · 12/08/2017 at 12:49

Thanks for reply Lazza. Nah if I loop Lloyd for instance and he pulls a poor score… I leave him on the bench and swing Adams up from mid. If he scores well, I have Hibberd (nth) on field.

Adsy · 12/08/2017 at 12:52

Take Dahl's 66 or go J.Parsons? Parsons has had a 98 and 81 this year, but last four have been 57, 51, 25 and 32. Not inspiring confidence to get over 66!

CaptKaOs · 13/08/2017 at 17:49

Looks like Robbie Gray is planning on lightly toasting his owners once again when they need him……..