The JR Academy – Week 11
THE ACADEMY – WEEK 11
A tricky game in Week 10 between RICHMOND and HAWTHORN has seen some movement in the ranks … can Sven hold his lead?
This week’s Academy and Graduate game will feature HAWTHORN v NORTH MELBOURNE.
And now to the ladders;
The Academy Ladder after 10 games
The Graduates Ladder
**NEWSFLASH** – NEW GRADUATES PRIZES!!
This week’s JR Graduate contest will include a BONUS $400 prize overlay
Yes, this is correct. Draftstars are going to add an additional $400 directly to the final pool … this simply means that the expected return on your $2 investment has just sky-rocketed!
And now to this week’s game – HAWTHORN v NORTH
University of Tasmania Stadium, Sunday, 3.20pm AEST
With both Hawthorn and North out of Finals contention, while this year’s “Battle of Tasmania” will present as somewhat of an anti-climactic affair, the action for us will be intense as we jostle for Draftstars supremacy!
- Average team Draftstars Pts/Game; HAW- 1669.4 (4th ranked), NTH 1514.8 (17 th ranked)
- Hawks have won the last three against North by an average margin of 6 goals. In their last encounter, a 39-point win, Sam Mitchell (37 disposals) and Cyril Rioli (3 goals) were in Hawthorn’s best. Both of these influencual players will not be lining up on Sunday.
- Both teams rank very poorly for centre clearances won per game with Hawthorn averaging 11.1 and North averaging 12.7.
- Luke Hodge will return this week which will surely have an impact on Hawthorns defensive play making. What sort of influence will this have on players such as Burton, Sicily, Brand and Duryea?
- Tom Mitchell was the most expensive ($17,550) and most heavily selected player (59%) last week in the RIC v HAW game. He was tagged by Prestia producing a lower than expected 99-point game. This week Mitchell has been discounted to $16,700. A pivotal selection decision here given that he will certainly be tagged again.
- Ryan Clarke, after a career best 31 possession and 101-point game for North against Collingwood, has only been given a $100 price increase. He needs to be considered priced at just $9,100.
- Who do we select as a Ruck? McEvoy was poor last week with a 68 while Goldstein and Preuss scored 71 and 31 respectively.
Another difficult contest – let’s now have a look at the player projections as supplied to us by Fantasy Insider;
Fantasy Insider Game Forecasts
|Scott D. Thompson||NME||DEF||9300||59.9||20.5||39.4||100.9|
What a significant resource! Thanks again to Darryl and his team at Fantasy Insider for allowing The JR Community to access this resource. For those wanting to examine forecasts for other games this week, click the link below.
In exciting news, Darryl and the team are opening up the lineup cruncher for FREE USE to all and sundry.. I highly recommend you leverage this opportunity to your benefit.
BIG NEWS: Fantasy Insider are allowing FREE USE of the lineup cruncher – use the best tool in the business here
Lineups for HAW v NTH;
Team Peter_Higgo v Fantasy Insider
I am basing my team around a winning Hawthorn performance with a return to their high possession game off half back. Given North’s propensity to make tagging a priority, as difficult as it will be, I will be going in without Tom Mitchell. It is hoped that the savings here will allow for a more even point spread across my team.
If Majak Daw is named I will be updating my Ruck selection. At this stage I will be selecting Goldstein in the hope that he returns to the running, accumulating monolith that we know he can be. Surely the 29 year old needs to elevate and highlight his potential value his and to other teams in the lead up to the trade period.
Once again, due to the nature of Daily Fantasy, I feel teams will head into this challenge with vast variations. I have enjoyed the contributions from readers of this post in the comments and while I can’t be as certain to provide “locks” for this contest, perhaps you can?
So Before I hand over to you in the comments, I would like to try a new innovation via a pre-lockout selection pole.
It is hoped that this tool will provide you with who The JR Community feel are “locks” for this contest. It may also affirm a player you like as a nice POD!