PanicRoomRd7

It’s time to batten down the hatches, team. The Gods are angered. Not content with giving us underperforming premo’s, we now have injuries to popular players and some MRP shenanigans to deal with. But before we get to that…

I’ve heard from Patch and he’s absolutely living it up across the ditch in Hobbitland. He gave me some great advice on where to buy a hammock (the hammock complex on third). He was also kind enough to take some time out of his regime to send across a postcard to the bungalow. I swiped it off Jock’s desk and um… I don’t know what to make of it. I’ll let you be the judge.

PanicRd7Image1 PanicRd7Image2.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everything was not awesome for plenty of coaches last week (Hello! ‍♂️) Many struggled to scrape together 1950, while those that avoided the carnage got a good kick up the rankings. Without knowing precisely what the problem was, would I say it’s time for our readers to crack each other’s heads open and feast on the goo inside?

Yes I would, community.

Time to PANIC!

THE NEWS

The SuperCoach higher power is kicking us while we’re down this week. Flat out refusing to allow us to downgrade our crappy rookies to generate meagre cash. At the start of the week the MRP threw us a curveball, handing out one and two week bans to Nankervis and Greene respectively. Coupled with losing Parfitt (8-10 weeks) and Zac Fisher (1 week) to hamstring injuries, it was already shaping up to be a difficult week (again).

Then came that fateful Wednesday night. They say you remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when disaster strikes. I’d just polished off a game of Fifa17, a solid 3-1 win against West Brom. Pogba scored a double. I opened up Twitter and the first 20-odd posts were details of Dayne Beams’ quad injury. Shit. He’ll miss two, but “Dayne Beams” + “quad injury” are not words you want to see side-by-side.

In team news, Coniglio line up for his first game of 2017 tonight. He’s worth watching. Eleven of his 13 tons in 2016 were 110+. Harrison Himmelberg will also play his first match of the year. You can scratch him off your downgrade list though as he played 4 games at the back end of 2016. As such his price sits at 275k.

North have rested Simpkin for their clash against Adelaide. The Crows will go in unchanged.

Time out has ended for Jordan De Goey at Collingwood. He can stay with the first team as long as he eats his vegetables and knows that he is a very bad boy. Carlton have lost Fisher (hamstring) and J.Silvagni (shoulder) to injury.

Still no Brett Eddy at Port. Travis Boak has recovered from injury and will return. West Coast have named an unchanged lineup, but will take all three emergencies across to Adelaide Oval as fitness clouds hang over Nathan Vardy and Liam Duggan. Watch for McInnes (155k DEF/FWD) to come in if Vardy doesn’t get up.

Gold Coast are giving us Brad Scheer among four inclusions. Dave Swallow also returns. Fiorini and Bowes are among the outs. Parsons is back for Geelong, but we’ve lost backline staple Tom Stewart.

Matty Boyd is back for the Dogs. Ivan Soldo will debut for the Tigers. Though I expect him to be straight back out again when Nank has served his week off.

In Sunday games; Sydney and Brisbane will see at least six changes between them. Barrett has been named on field and will play. Foote, Florent, and Josh Clayton are amongst the ins but on the extended bench. As is Nic Newman.

Jesse Hogan returns to face the Hawks after the passing of his father, while the Hawks idea of “catastrophic change” is to do absolutely nothing. They’ve added Cyril, Birchall, and Whitecross to the squad.

Essendon have made so many changes I’m struggling to get my head around it. The big ones are Jobe, McNiece, and McGrath being rested for the trip west. Myers has been named on field and will play, potential debutants Stewart and Mutch are on an extended bench

RUCKING HELL

Go away! We’ve got bigger problems now.

Far greater fantasy minds than mine have given you advice on how to deal with Nankervis. I’m holding.

Just quietly, is it time to talk about a return of Big Boy McEvoy to SuperCoach relevance? 125 on the weekend makes his three round average 114. A clear beneficiary of third man up being scrapped, he is averaging 11 more hitouts and three more possessions compared to 2016.

TRADING PLACES

For any that missed last week, the Eddie Murphy/Dan whatshisname has been replaced by “Everything’s coming up, Milhouse!” for those on the way up, while “Dig up, stupid!” is for those in a deep, dark hole of Paddy Dangerfield-sized crapness. We’ve got four rookies on the bubble this week. Parsons is my pick of the bunch.

Everything’s Coming Up, Milhouse!

-68 – Aaron Black

148 – Brodie Grundy

147 – Dayne Zorko

146 – Luke Shuey

145 – JPK

144 – Ollie Wines

141 – Nat Fyfe

Barron von Crow keeps delivering the goods for all your rookie needs, Lek’s cheat sheet last week was absolutely bang on. Get this weeks edition here. Also upgrade season is fast approaching, while our rookies aren’t as fat and juicy as in previous years, the fallen premo is still a thing. Jock cast his eye over some of the options this week. There’s plenty!

CAPTAIN’S CALL

In hindsight naming this segment Captain’s Call was destined for disaster. Tony Abbott’s captain’s call was ridiculed and unnecessary, just like this turned out to be.

If you followed my, uh… “wisdoms” and whacked the VC on Buddy, he was towelled up by Silvagni and could only manage 82. No problem, #FyfeIsLyf, right? No, oh God, no. Fyfe is just not life so far this year, throwing together dismal 62. To make things much, much worse our perma-cap put up 65 and Selwood was completely blanketed by Greenwood. Congrats if you had the stones to whack the armband on Gaz! Am I against shameless self promotion? See below.

Some Pies are on my radar for VC this week. Collingwood play early Saturday arvo against the Blues and a certain dependable(bery) averages 137 in his last 8 against them. Rory Sloane is in scary form and has a handy record against North. Nick Riewoldt plays on the Friday night and has three scores above 120 in his 5 games against GWS.

Cats have the Suns on Saturday night. Look for them to bounce back, in particular Dangerfield and Selwood. After Sloane completely torched Richmond’s midfield, The Bont should be strongly considered by his owners. He has scored 140 and 142 in his two games against Richmond and averages 114 at Etihad this year.

PanicRd7Image3.png

Best of luck for this week, community. On a personal note I’d been averaging close to 2200 a week before I answered the Panic Room call. This week I put up 1876. Thanks a lot, Patch! Come back soon please.

Twitter: @SC_Kev7

The Coach · 05/05/2017 at 11:59

I'm just hoping to scrape into the eight in most of my leagues. Lessons learnt – sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and put some mid-pricers in your team.

P.S: Treloar could be my worse selection this year.

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 12:14

Treloar will come good mate, don't let it worry you

James · 05/05/2017 at 12:20

*worst

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:05

If you'd traded in Fiorini or Matera, that would've been your worst decision of the year, Treloar's a gun, just been a bit sloppy, he will come good.

Brian · 05/05/2017 at 21:10

This years mid pricers include roughead, Jom, swallow and beams. All traded out by most before round 7 . It is also very hit and miss

Tom · 05/05/2017 at 12:06

EVW or Melican?

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 12:14

EVW

J.K · 05/05/2017 at 12:20

Toss of a coin IMO. Interesting to see Melican on the field even with McVeigh & Allir back. Or do looks deceive?

Personally I am struggling to decide out of Melican, EVW, Parsons and Black for my one rookie this week. Factored into that is whether to get rid of Hampton, Butler, Petrevski-Seton or Houston.

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:08

EVW, Melican is from the rookie list and could go back down at any time

SF4 · 05/05/2017 at 23:16

EVW, considering Newman has been dropped I would expect that Melican will find his way back into the 2s aswell

Simo · 05/05/2017 at 12:07

Im gonna take a Nank doughnut in ruck this week, tarde Beams to Pendles, and not sure about 2nd trade. Hosuton/Butler to Parsons. Or Stewart / Hampton to Melican?
Cheers

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 12:45

Maybe the non playing Rookie out?

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 12:53

Really wanted to do the same, Simo. Competitive leagues are forcing me to be creative. Will have to let Pendles slip through my fingers this week.

Prefer Parsons over Melican. Reckon you can squeeze a few more dollars out of Houston than Butler, though consider Houston's upcoming bye

b_sh3p · 05/05/2017 at 13:22

stewart and hampton have more money to be made so I'd go with the first rookie trade option

I'm also accepting a donut for Nank.

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 12:08

Nice work Kev, thanks.
Panic has given way to sheer terror for me this week. Nothing I've done has worked this year so I'm looking around for shark moves which is always a worry.
I'm even considering bringing in the Little Master despite the fact he has the bye in a couple of weeks.
$585 this week and expected to go up 70K ish over the next couple of weeks. Jeez he looked good at the weekend.
It's wrong isn't it? Madness, surely?

Jimmy · 05/05/2017 at 12:11

I was actually thinking the same thing…

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 12:15

GAJ still carries too much risk for mine

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 12:54

I would think the whole community has a soft spot for Gaz. His durability is still too much of a question mark for mine

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 13:04

I hear ya Kev, but the weekends game was the first time this year that's he's looked completely free of any injury concern.
        He was just doing what the old Gary used to do, getting to every contest, winning his own ball and using it better than anyone else. He's bloody tempting at 585K.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 13:20

Agree Ranger. That was the first time in years I saw Gary confident in his body. And boy oh boy was it fun to watch as an owner. I watched the game with my young fella. At the end of the game the first thing he said was I'm getting Gary this week. The bye coming up does make it tough for people to trade into him. If it won't impact you to badly in round 9 I say get on now. Such a high scoring monolith is worth the risk

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/05/2017 at 13:49

Pie.

Not sure why everyone is worried about abs bye?
            Myers named this week.
            That will put him on the bubble Rd 9.
            Bring him in for a cow
            Bench abs field Myers.
            Simples

BMW I don't have and won't be bringing in abs .

Just saying.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 13:57

True Trig. Let's hope Meyers can make it to his bubble

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 14:03

Exactly my plan Trig.

mized · 05/05/2017 at 13:20

Im all for it mate, im trying to separate pendles from gaz but they are like for like in most ways. More likely to get ablett since got a trealoar already.

Benjamin B · 05/05/2017 at 12:13

Love the write up.

I’ve traded Parfitt down to parsons.

Should i trade beams to Kade simpson or heath shaw through sendind adams into the mid for one week? Then get Pendles next week from marchbank or otten

OR

trade for pendles this week and then for one of the those backs next week?

I feel option 1 as the back will rise more in price this week then pendles?

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 12:58

Cheers, BB

I feel you should grab Pendles while you can. I had grand plans to grab him this week but it means munching a donut this week (bring back Eddy!). Long term Pendles price can explode while Simmo/Shaw will be under 500k again

Nick · 05/05/2017 at 13:02

Not sure how you can swap beams to Simpson or shaw. Both are defenders. Hold beams see what happens and get Simpson or shaw this week. Ottens needs to be traded out this week or next.

Benjamin B · 05/05/2017 at 13:42

By moving Adams into the Mids for the week I can grab shaw/Simpson. Agreed ottens times is up

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 12:14

Beams to…..(have $609k to spend)

Bont
Dusty +$70k
Someone else?

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 12:44

The Bont is a lock to finish top 5 in the mids.

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 13:55

It sure looks that way, Dusty not so much on recent form

b_sh3p · 05/05/2017 at 13:24

i'd go bont. I'm thinking of that trade myself but that would mean holding JOM.

But if I sell JOM I've got like $470k in the bank which means a mid pricer or taking a punt on a rookie like Myers who may not hold his spot. Hardest trade week this year for sure

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 13:55

Don't go early on Myers would be my advice there

Stewy_the_Swan · 05/05/2017 at 13:34

Cripps? Looks like he's starting to come good and will leave you 100k in the bank

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 13:55

Na, not for me, don't reckon he'll be up there come seasons end

SF4 · 05/05/2017 at 23:17

Bont

undypuncher · 05/05/2017 at 12:16

Welcome to the undypunchers bont

Curious George · 05/05/2017 at 12:19

Thanks Kev,

Need the communities help.

Thinking of boosting my fwd line this week.
With Dahl, McCrae and Steele want to avoid Rd 11 so that leaves out Roo, Buddy, Heeney etc.

Interested in the Rd 12 fwds.

JJK – can he be a top 6 forward?
AS he is KPP he is reliant on goals.

Scores so far:
174, 82, 66, 110, 76, 141 – when he kicks goals he goes Big! The big ones – Two at domain one at the ES.

the other one that has peaked my interest is YEO.
I know everyone says he is a yo yo scorer but so all the rest which are KPP

Scores so far:
139, 102, 83, 141, 59, 150 – when he goes big he goes BIG. Very friendly role this year. The big ones. Two at domain one at ES

As you can see if anything a bit more consistent than JJK so far.,

Remaining games for Eagles – 9 domain, 4 ES. 3 Other

I have $510k to spend on a fwd.
Anyone I may have missed? I have Nankervis and not interested in the tool that is Toby Greene.

Like the eagles esp with the remaining games.
Just not sure which one.

Any help would be appreciated.

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 12:44

I have more trust in JJK to produce what he has been doing in the first 6 rounds over the entire year. I can't say the same for Yeo.

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 12:45

It's flip a coin territory George.
    JJK's scores will go up and down 'cos he's a KPP and Yeo's will because he's Elliot Yeo.

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 13:07

Interesting in both cases their two lowest scores were at the MCG. Eagles don't play there again this year.

I prefer Yeo, but only just. Eagles have already played 3 of the bottom 4. JJK may start to struggle when teams actually have a full back that can go with him. At the start of the season he was 409k and you don't be that price by being a consistent high scorer.

Kyle · 06/05/2017 at 05:56

JJK was one of the most expensive forwards at the start of the year at around 530k Kev. Maybe you are thinking of yeo starting at a much lower price? Or maybe i read it wrong lol

Daniel Z · 06/05/2017 at 12:54

Yeo was 409 to start (I had to check because the way I read what Kev wrote, it sounded like he meant JJK was 409k).

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 12:27

Still up in the air with what to do this week. With 24 trades left and a duck egg looming in the ruck, I'm thinking of going Parfitt to Parsons and, a risky-ish trade, in Preuss to Goldstein. It'd save me from a duck egg, but might make it harder for me to bring in Pendles this week. Currently have 24 trades left and 90.1k in the bank. Here's the current team: http://i.imgur.com/bkwCRRH.png
Parfitt to Parsons is pretty much a lock for a trade, but I'll still be copping a duck egg or possibly two if Florent doesn't end up playing. What should I do?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 12:36

Geez. I haven't seen much from Goldy to suggest he's a good pick. Rucks are a nightmare this season as far as working out the best R1-2 to finish the season. I'm far from convinced ATM that Goldy is one of them. And if Preuss comes back at some point which is very likely your going to be in the foetal position. Mummy is too expensive & doesn't play enough. Stef well if Archie comes in he's stuffed. Grundy well each game Cox has played he goes sub 100. So my advice Sam is take the donut

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 12:41

Same from me Sam, I'm taking the donut.
      It hurts but it means I can stick to the trade plans that I had in place.

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 13:33

Yeah, taking the donut is probably for the best in the long run when I think about it. Thanks for the help dude! Also, thoughts on downgrading Otten or Hampton to someone like Melican for some more cash generation?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 13:48

Otten & Hampton play for the best team & have the latest bye round. And they have shown they are capable of decent scoring. If you really want the Pelican find someone else. Keep in mind he has a round 11 bye. That round is a nightmare

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 13:53

Hmm yeah. I'm just toying with idea atm as I'll need to make some more cash so I can get Pendles in next week. Don't really want to go Newman to Melican but I suppose it's an option as well. Tom Stewart too.

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 15:27

" Stef well if Archie comes in he's stuffed" … can't see how you draw that conclusion.
      Martin & Smith have only ever played in 1 game together – R21 last year.
      No one is fielding 2 rucks at the moment … some are struggling with 1.

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 15:24

Get Sandi SirSam, nobody to take his spot and averaging more than Goldy,Stef and grundy over the last few. Ideally you'd trade out a fwd and move Nank and then after Pruess plays again and reaches 320k trade him for strandika to open the ruck/fwd swing.

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 17:31

While Sandi could be nice to have, he's risen by over 100K since the start of the season hence I think I've missed the boat on him and it's not worth forking out extra cash to bring him in when Nank is only out for a week. Brining him in would also just put a duck egg in my forward line instead and it'd mess with me getting Pendles next week. Fairly sure I'm going to go Parfitt for Parsons and Newman to Melican.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 12:28

Parfitt to Parsons signed off. The fact they brought him straight back & he's onfield gives me some confidence. More so than Black. Don't be surprised if Newman loses his spot this week. He looked a bit lost last week. Although he had plenty of mates. If he is dropped again ill shoot him & leave Beams on the pine for a week. There's no rookie defenders on the horizon after this week & Newman to EVW is bye friendly assuming he's keeps his spot. Great job Kev

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 12:42

sounds a good move.
    I'm doing similar, Parfitt to parsons.
    I'll bring in EVW as well, but i need to decide out of Stewart, Preuss, Simpkin or pickett who gets the chop. At the moment it is Preuss, i feel i've been lied to.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 12:46

Same. Didn't Brad Scott say in his press conference last week he'd in a way for Goldy & Preuss to play together. Perhaps he meant the VFL. Prick

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 13:14

None of the North picks have worked out very well so far have they?
      I'd be holding Preuss if I had him. He'll make money and score decent points when Goldy gets injured next.
      Do you have to trade Derek? Not sure on EVW.

kim · 05/05/2017 at 13:05

You can probably get mcniece next week though as he is only rested this week if he is picked, not sold on his js but he is only 102k, hopefully hibberd (nm) comes back at some stage but i think north would need a few injuries or form drop for tat to happen.

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 13:08

Ben McNiece – Was rested this week but has played 2 for the bombers, priced at $102k. Not huge scores but his write up talks about his deadly left boot.

Haven't seen him play to be honest he is the only defender on the Horizon.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 13:28

Ben McNeice at age 25 being rested after 2 games. I'm not so sure. Hope he does come back soon. Pruess was rested a few weeks ago. He must be still tired cause he ain't getting a gig

Ben · 05/05/2017 at 12:29

Jack Steven as a trade option. Thoughts?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 12:53

Ben · 05/05/2017 at 13:01

Who out of
      Hannebery, Cripps and gray then? Leaning towards cripps

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 13:30

Cripps seems to be building. He could go on a rampage soon

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 00:23

I've ridden the Jack Steven train before and can hit $600k, if he does you should sell. Fair price $565k for mine. So yeah, pick him up next week if you look like running short on cash gen, at just over $500k will be a risky but not entirely stoopid move if short on cash. I won't be buying.

Westy · 05/05/2017 at 12:30

Parfitt to Parsons
Beams to S Martin via Nank.

Chenz · 05/05/2017 at 17:51

Been thinking the same all week but think I'm going to take nanks donut instead, don't like Martin yet will look at him after his bye

Frankstonphil · 05/05/2017 at 19:26

I'm thinking the same thing but I might go Grundy instead, price is better and It's all about the cash this year but I think Martin is a got pick and I will look at upgrading Sandilands to he after the byes.

Westy · 06/05/2017 at 04:27

Already have Grundy.

THE SALTSHAKER · 05/05/2017 at 12:32

Am getting on GAJ has had 138, 118,118, 162 in DT over the last month 36, 34, 33, 45 disposals the last month

So have two options

1. Houston > Parsons then JOM > GAJ this gives me a donut up fwd and Beams still to upgrade next week. Want to get rid of JOM as there were reports his knee still not good floating around yesterday and a BE of 104. But this means I get a donut up fwd.

2. Greene > Yeo and Beams > GAJ is option to and no donut but I dont get on Parsons the rookie for my fwd line. Not a big fan of this but sideways is the only way I can avoid the donut from Eddy. Im also stuck with Jom still.

I'm leaning towards option 1….after that month of footy welcome back little master.

THE SALTSHAKER · 05/05/2017 at 12:41

I get Nank back next week, rnd 8 and Greene week after….this is one of those tough decisions to take the donut for the long term benefit of getting at least one cash cow in my side this week so I stay relevant weeks to come, also Houston is a chance to clear out a rnd 9 byes which is needed if im gonna bring GAJ in

SPP has another couple of weeks, might go Swallow down to Myers if the rest no good to him in a few and upgrade Witts before his bye looks like the plan to cover GAJ rnd 9….depending upon scoring of course.

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 14:10

SPP to Myers on the bubble will be a popular trade if it comes off

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 12:42

Option 1 for mine.

Gaj · 06/05/2017 at 01:17

Fair call with GAJ
    If he scores 140 each round for the next 2 weeks you will be paying almost $100k extra for him.
    Honestly it's now or never with him

Declan · 05/05/2017 at 12:36

Really want to get Balic in as believe he is great scorer and even at inflated price he will provide at least another 120k. Which 2 options are best thanks community.

Option 1
Parfit to Balic

Option 2
Hampton to EVW

Option 3
Hampton to Parsons (Via swing Hibberd to defence) this means that Otten Marchbank and Newman would field the ground, leaving Hibberd and Stewart on the bench.

Is Hampton to parsons to risky considering the job security of Hibberd (Nth) Newman and Stewart and therefore could likely find myself getting a donut? Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks Community

kim · 05/05/2017 at 13:12

I am also running with hibberd (nm) and stewart in def, not too worried unlikely to be late out hopefully. Stewart is also listed as emergency so still outside chance of playing if geelong have a withdrawal. A lot of teams will be affected anyway if a newman/otten/hampton/marchbank dont play so won't stress about it. More peoples ruck (if nank in ruck) forwards with nank and greene and no rookie cover or mids with beams out also if no rookie cover that are more worrying for most i think this week.

Should make for an interesting round, i'm hoping to move up rankings as i have plenty of rookie coverage in forwards and mids and hopefully i can nail vc loop not like last week!!

ALowe · 05/05/2017 at 12:39

Trading in Bont and Pendles over the next 2 weeks. Both have a similar be, who do I get this week? Who will score higher. Have Pendles ATM

Nick · 05/05/2017 at 13:05

Would get Pendlebury I would say. But both have fairy high BE. So can hold off for next week.

kim · 05/05/2017 at 13:14

Think they may both go 130+ as both have very good records against their opposition. I would get pendles this week as he is cheaper. Toss of a coin as to who will score more though!!

ALowe · 05/05/2017 at 13:25

Yeah I think either way it's fairly safe, I'm gonna back dependlebury

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 12:42

Tough question for me this week who from the backline rookies are ready to cull a little early for Melican or EVW?

I have Newman, Hampton, Otten & Marchbank. Decision will be made easy if Newman doesnt get named. However assuming he does I was thinking Otten out of those 4 as it feels like he may be dropping off a little.

Assuming Newman is named what order would people be trading out the above named defenders

Nick · 05/05/2017 at 13:07

Otten by far, his BE is highest 55 and he isn't playing the position that he was getting 100 in. He has to go this week or next at the latest. Marchbank is consistent and price won't move much either way.

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 13:17

I'm just a little gun shy of going early because I thought the same of WHE and traded him out last week for the big Bud.

Whether to double downgrade or paint the fence is going to haunt me for the next 24 hours.

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 12:48

Fyfe, Beams, Dahl, Nank, Bowes, Stewart, Fisher, McGrath, Eddy not playing

My trades have changed massively

Done a huge amount of dpp swinging and find myself with trading out Bowes and Beams for….

Franklin lock 444k for a guy who will avg low 90's for rest of season
Hawkins as a POD at 442k – also need to mention that Wingard is a worthy option but I feel he can spud it like a key position forward as well.

Before I get the comments of these trades are crazy ect plz remember we all need to buy low this season ty guys

Jimmy · 05/05/2017 at 13:17

Is Fyfe out?

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 13:25

Typo my bad

hedski · 05/05/2017 at 17:14

Dahl named yeah?

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 00:31

My cash gen is going okay, so will be focusing on McCrae, and perhaps even Wallis when he come back. Franklin yes, just hope the swans mids turn it around so they can kick it to him. Hawkins yeah nah doesn't get enough around the ground for me. I think either of Ryder or Higgins or Steele (already played) are better options at that price point.

LoganJosh7 · 05/05/2017 at 12:49

uhhh cant decide who to trade out out of otten marchbank and hampton – need to trade 1 but feel they all need at least 1 more week 🙁

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 13:06

I had the same options and I ditched Otten this week.
    His good scores came when Jenkins wasn't playing.

Nick · 05/05/2017 at 13:09

Otten will either just get his BE or just miss it. He has changed position and only got 61 last week and with BE of 55 he should only just get it. He has to go next week.

Relton · 05/05/2017 at 15:32

exact same boat!! it's hampton for me though.

Gus · 05/05/2017 at 12:53

NANK THE TANK that suspension has killed me!!!! Want to bring Hibberd in but can't cos need to get rid of Parfitt and Nank plays forward so need 2 fads for cover…..Bugger. Can trade Beams out, but won't solve 2 fwd issues…DOUBLE BUGGER!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 13:11

You might regret trading Nank out more than the doughnut you'll get if you don't, maybe just take your medicine this week mate.

Charlie · 05/05/2017 at 12:56

Dare i keep beams?m

FranklinSHow · 05/05/2017 at 14:44

His output was not the Beams of old. He has done his job was never a keeper. Hit the T button.

pod · 05/05/2017 at 15:17

What for? Beams is injured and will take time to get match fit.

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 00:33

He is sitting on my bench this week. Welcome double down.

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 13:09

Ok think I got this sorted
Gone Beams > Franklin pocketing 32k
Bowes > Parfitt pocketing 126k

Bank is 326k now. Full 22 will play only if Newman gets the nod on Sunday

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 13:26

Did you mean Bowes out for Parsons? Trading Parfitt in would be a bit bizarre lol

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 13:31

Yup man lol this round got my brain fried

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 13:50

You might want to rethink that second trade David!

wer · 05/05/2017 at 13:23

Lloyd is a top 6 defender??
Is he worth bringing in, Swans are only going to get better

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 13:29

I've had him from gotime and yes he's been very reliable, there are other good options too though, Simpson, Shaw etc

mized · 05/05/2017 at 13:30

LLoyd is maybe a top 8 defender, 6 will be a bonus.

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:17

He will be one of the top defenders maybe top 10 since he doesn't blast out 120+ scores often enough

Holty · 05/05/2017 at 13:27

I was considering bringing in Grundy this week but looking at his record when cox is playing, it is horrible
Averaging 78 in 3 games when Cox is playing
And 117 when playing lone wolf.
Can someone kneecap Cox and make this decision easier.
I guess i have Martin or Mummy to select although reluctant to pick Mummy with his injury past

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 14:18

As a Grundy owner I'm heading down to the Lexus centre a bit later on to do exactly that, Holty!

Touk tuk · 05/05/2017 at 14:37

Im going Martin… mummy to risky

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:42

Mummy is the form ruck. Tackles a lot, some misplaced hence the weekends off at times. But he is a monster and can
    go very big

Wedge · 05/05/2017 at 17:15

I'm hearing mummy a late out. So your reluctance may be well founded

the barrell · 05/05/2017 at 13:40

Beams out for jpk or hanneberry?
leaning towards jpk as hanners hasnt seemed right this season yet

Rick Grimes · 05/05/2017 at 14:16

Hanners was definitely carrying something early on, but he's building and if he really gets going his ceiling is way higher (IMO).

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/05/2017 at 15:08

There has been some news floating around recently that hanners is carrying a mild case of OP.

hedski · 05/05/2017 at 17:17

Off P!ss??

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:16

Yeah JPK seems to be a solid option and a handy POD

Andy · 05/05/2017 at 13:42

Trades this week,
Beams > GAJ and Otten > EVW = Bank $300
Next week – Murphy > Pendles and Kelly > Sloane
Thoughts?

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:01

Don't fall into the gaz trap. If you have so much cash in bank then don't bother downgrading Otten, I would go someone like Hampton instead who has a lower output. Keep kelly for a little while – he is providing premium output at the moment.

THE SALTSHAKER · 05/05/2017 at 17:52

not sure its a trap, he has had 36, 34, 33 and 45 disposals this month….

pod · 05/05/2017 at 15:11

So you're bringing in three elite midfielders GAJ, Pendles, and Sloane. I can't argue at all.

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:40

Yep looks great to me. Three premiums, giggety.

Stupid Coach · 05/05/2017 at 13:43

Love your work Kev. I feel your pain about Eddy as I too have him on the bench and no cover for Nank so will be coping at least one donut. My options are:
1) Parfitt to Parsons and Fiorini (WTF was I thinking!!) to Pendles/Martin
2) Parfitt to Parsons and Beams to Pendles/Martin
Money is not an option with either Pendles or Martin. Pendles has the potential to score better, however, Martin suits my bye structures better.

Any comments/advice much appreciated.

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 15:36

Thanks, SC.

I like option 1. Fiorini won't do anything special for you. What indeed were you thinking?! Go with Pendles. This week is shaping up to be utter carnage again, get him in a slap the VC on him. If he spuds it against Carlton then surely the apocalypse won't be far away

FEARTHEBEARD · 05/05/2017 at 13:46

If I think I can win H2H this week regardless.

Do I bring in Pendles and Parsons.

Or do I bring in Parsons & Black/Balic???

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 14:07

If you go through Pendles scoring history you will notice 2 things. It's absolutely ridiculous & consecutive sub 100 scores is almost non existent. Collecting him at 577k is a gift. I wouldn't think twice about it if I didn't already have him. And chuck the VC on him. He loves playing Carlton

FEARTHEBEARD · 05/05/2017 at 14:16

Cheers once again Pieman. My concern is who the rookies are coming forward.

Need to see cash keep being generated. Balic while 50k dearer may be a good one with another 100-150k+ to come?

Black could also pump out 150k so I'm stuck on if I take that and still should win H2H and go for Pendles next week?

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 15:43

I agree with INPieman, I never go a rookie after his bubble has burst and also don't rate Black that highly, don't think you can go wrong this week with Parsons and Pendles

Rick Grimes · 05/05/2017 at 14:15

Parsons I think is the one to grab this week. Black I'm less sure of his JS. Last week he got a bit of it but butchered the ball. Balic you've missed the first price rise, is it worth it? I'd go the first option personally. Buying players at the best price is what this game is all about.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 14:23

Completely agree with Rick. Parsons onfield & Black on the bench tells me a story

Jordan · 05/05/2017 at 13:48

How about some of you grow a pair and make your own mind up on who to trade.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 15:27

The same questions do tend to repeat themselves hundreds of times, I kinda get sick of seeing the same thing posted over and over and over again too.
    I think it's due to the format of this forum where it doesn't seem to auto-refresh, and when you do refresh, it always leaves you back on bloody page 1.

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:39

Hit the last activity button at the top of the thread of posts, which will take you to the newest post in time order

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 16:03

Ahh got it now mate, thanks for that!..never even noticed it lol

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/05/2017 at 13:56

Kevs Klangers good stuff.
Does that mean Patch thinks you have a butt that won't quit Kev?

Bloody shambles again this week.
Do you think it may be possible to have one week where there isn't catastrophic change.
Bloody Clarko was obviously referring to Super coach.
Rioli in? Not quite catastrophic. Maybe more to come.

Kev · 05/05/2017 at 14:15

The postcard specifically mentions Jock, Trigger. We've all seen the great man in the mag and I wouldn't be surprised if Patch had it in his carry on luggage in case the in flight entertainment wasn't up to scratch

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/05/2017 at 14:29

pay that one

he is only human.

donn17984 · 05/05/2017 at 14:01

Whys everyone saying jump on Pendles? will he get tagged this week against the blues.
I have 740K do I jump on pendles or Merrett, Slone, rocky?

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 15:18

Tags don't work on Pendles and I doubt they will anyway, Sloane would be tempting

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 15:49

Hey Donn,
    Either of Sloane and Pendles will be a good outcome … I'd imagine you will want both of them eventually … Sloane MAY drop in price … Pendles will definitely go up at some stage. I'd look at your cash flow for the next 3 weeks to be sure you can bring premos in on a steady basis from thereon. You may want to bank on Sloane after his BYE – its a long wait (R13) but you should have locked away a couple more premos by then.

BTW – be sure of what you want. Sadly, I will only be able to fit in Sloane now by trading sideways … late in the season.

The Ranger · 05/05/2017 at 16:01

Get Pendles mate. He won't be this cheap again and the way you do well at this game is to buy good players at their lowest price.
    Sloanes price will come down at some point.

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:28

He may get tagged but they may decide to tag treloar instead. Clearly they haven't tagged pendles the past 4 times they have played or if they have it clearly didn't work. I brought him in as he is the best cheapest super premo available this week and suits my buy structures the best.

Slone is far too expensive and won't keep up his average for long, rocky on the way down so best off buying in 1-2 weeks, Merrett won't be in top 8-10 forwards. Pendles will be and is the best of that bunch at his current price. I think he will tear Carlton a new one also so he is my vc for this week.

Mongoose · 05/05/2017 at 23:25

Why jump on Pendles you say, well only because he is the most durable and consistent player that SC may have ever seen

MickyB · 05/05/2017 at 14:03

is otten and beams to pendles and evw a good trade? planning on houston and spp to danger and a rookie next week. also have players like parfitt, eddie, pickett and hibberd on the bench.

PS. not copping a 0 this week

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 14:22

Otten has a bit more mooing to do, any other options? If I were you I'd look at Parfitt to Parsons and Beams to Pendles

Baxter · 05/05/2017 at 14:05

Will Murphy be sub 500 this week, not sure wether to trade this week or not?

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 14:43

Trade this week unless you have an onfield doughnut – then look after than. Murphy can last a week, but if you have no other pressing issues then pull the trigger.

Baxter · 05/05/2017 at 14:46

I have Beams…

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:41

I think he'll not get anywhere close, though he's scoring at least. Got 31 disposals last week, so is still getting the ball.

LoganJosh7 · 05/05/2017 at 14:11

boy oh boy

if you HAD to trade 1 now and hold on to the other for 2-3 weeks who would you trade out of BEAMS and ROUGHEAD??

Bad_News_Brown · 05/05/2017 at 14:26

Beams – he's gone

Wedge · 05/05/2017 at 14:26

Trade roughy. Beams price won't shift and if you have decent cover in the midfield no stress

Goat · 05/05/2017 at 14:27

Beams. Injury history etc. Roughead is neither making money nor losing it. Scoring better or as well as the rookie options.

LoganJosh7 · 05/05/2017 at 14:46

haha this is what i mean boyyyyyys. i think i might get rid of beams – does mean i need to bring balic in from my forward line as cover and i lose my DP bonus as im gonna trade pickett for parsons. but you gots to do what you gots to do!

FizzEm · 05/05/2017 at 16:39

im holding beams but have decent bench cover to do so. i still believe in a season where $$ is scarce he may finish an M8 if he comes back fit after byes. roughy will be far from a keeper

Rick Grimes · 05/05/2017 at 14:12

My two cents on Pendles, he still has a break even of 124, so there's no guarantee he'll even go up in price. Certainly not saying don't buy him, just don't throw your structures out the window to do so.

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 14:21

I'm picking him up next week

Tommo09 · 05/05/2017 at 16:59

Same

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:32

I was going to get him next week originally but since beams is out I don't want 2 rookies on my mids as loosing far too many points and I doubt very much beams will be back in 2 weeks I reckon they will play it conservative. Could easily turn into 3+ weeks. However I was wrong with Riewoldt. Not worth keeping beams in my opinion will hurt you if going for overall which I am.

Bad_News_Brown · 05/05/2017 at 14:21

It's time to show BIG TIME DOMINATION if you ask me. In Comes the BONTTTTTTTTTT o yeaaaaaa

Goat · 05/05/2017 at 14:25

Is it too late for Balic and/or Berry? Missed rd 3 for both but they both look to have good JS and Parfitt at least has to go this week?
They both look better than EVW/Parsons in terms of durability. Thoughts community?

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:33

BLic I think will average more than berry so I would pick him but depends also how useful their dpp is for you.

Rivo · 05/05/2017 at 14:31

Going for league wins & batting already. Trade dilemma now with McNiece not selected and other changes. Options below, seeking feedback please. $44k & 23 trades. Keeping Nank on Fwd bench with no bench cover for Fwds this week. Help!!!!

1. Parfitt & Hampton to Parsons & Hibberd, leaves $66k
2. Parfitt & Hampton to Parsons & Tuohy, leaves $5k;
3. Otten & Parfitt to Macrae & McNiece, leaves $6k cash and McNiece to bench;
4. Parfitt & Butler to Heeney & Parsons, leaves $17k cash;
5. Parfitt & Marchbank to Yeo & McNiece, leaves $6k;
6. Parfitt & Otten to JJK & EVW, leaves $25k;
7. Parfitt to Parsons only, leaves $170k;
8. Cop the donut.

Bad_News_Brown · 05/05/2017 at 14:35

P9. Parfitt and Hampton to What you talkin about Willis and Parsons – last chance for you grab some cash champ

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 14:40

Parfitt and Hampton to EVW and Parsons. You don't have enough cash to do an upgrade yet. Better to double downgrade this week (when there are actually good rookies) and have a solid wallet for the weeks to come.

Rivo · 05/05/2017 at 17:41

Thanks Finnius. Tough call re EVW. Have Stewart, Newman and Otten also. Still think Hampton should be first to go?

Holmes_Heroes · 05/05/2017 at 15:26

McNiece isn't playing

Lime · 05/05/2017 at 14:32

Sitting on 22 trades
I'm unsure if I should use 2 or 1 This week (I've got BEAMS and nank)
Option 1:
Beams> Pendles
Pickett> Parsons (must do 2nd trade to afford pendles)
Option 2:
Beams>Dusty (bye friendly)
Option 3:
Beams>Pendles
Hampton>EVW

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 14:39

Option 1

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:35

Agree option 1

Morphin Time · 05/05/2017 at 14:33

Really tossing up my decisions here. At the moment i am going:
Butler > Parsons
Beam > Pendles

Butler to parsons is pretty much a lock, given parfitt is in my mids. I have considered trading parfitt to pendlebury however i may hold onto parfitt and see what myers will do this week which will allow a good downgrade option in the next few weeks.
Thoughts?

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 14:38

It genuinely doesn't matter who you trade this week as both will score zero. I would be going Beams this week as keeping Parfitt gives you DPP fluidity so when you get rid of him next week then you have options in both your forward line and midfield. Like butler to Parsons.

Morphin Time · 05/05/2017 at 14:41

Thanks mate. Also leaves me with $380k in the kittyz

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 14:47

Going into this week with potentially zero bench cover, except maybe Newman…fingers bloody crossed!

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:38

I think a few will be in the same boat mate, fingers crossed indeed could be a rough week again! Let's hope our premise and vc/c are not as crap as last week though!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:10

Cheers Kim, from what I've read, I'm one of the lucky ones this week not copping a doughnut onfield!
      I'm playing it as safe as I can with VC and C, going Pendles and Bont, good luck to you mate.

JDP · 05/05/2017 at 14:52

Trading Beams out – is Oliver a viable option??

Other mids that I have – Danger, Pendels, Fyfe, Titch, JPK

Thoughts appreciated

TBone · 05/05/2017 at 15:12

I think he is. Good option for the price. According to the mids you've stated, someone with the round 11 bye looks preferable in your mid setup. May i suggest Cripps as an option to you? $513k for a mid about to explode for his team, and round 11 bye too. If I didnt have to take Beams out this week to avoid a donut, I would have happily brought in Cripps

JDP · 05/05/2017 at 15:16

Cheers Tbone

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 15:14

I think he is, averaging 114 for six rounds is hard to ignore, I put him in two weeks ago for O'Meara.
    He's still a pretty good price too.

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:15

Had Oliver from the start. Pleasantly surprised. I've also watched a fair bit of Melbourne's games and he doesn't seem to need
    much to post very good numbers i.e. 105+. So I think he's the real deal. Tackling is a bonus as well. I think he's a keeper even
    if he only rounds out M8/9

Wal · 05/05/2017 at 15:16

He looks the real deal but I don't think he'll be a top 10 mid come year's end

TheGerman · 05/05/2017 at 15:13

Interestingly Newman is showing up green on Supercoach app as being selected.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 15:29

Cool, might field him over Hampton then if that's the case.

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:42

Can loophole Hampton with him if not selected anyways – so there is no detraction of starting him.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 16:00

Cheers mate.

Dazza · 05/05/2017 at 16:05

Emergency on the extended bench champ

pod · 05/05/2017 at 16:28

He's green on SC, you beauty!!

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:41

He is on the extended bench at the moment so it is a mistake should be in orange. Wait for teams tonight to see if he made the cut. I don't have him so won't be disappointed at all if he is an emergency this week.

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 17:11

He is OUT emergency

daniel · 05/05/2017 at 15:18

i only just realised gc and port adelaide have byes earlier than the bye round due to the china clash..
hoping GAZ has a stinker, drops in price to be picked up round 10, perfectly in time to be the guardian angel that he is in the bye rounds

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 17:03

Good luck, he's carrying that 210 for the next fortnight. Price is only going one way.

My Love is Gawn · 05/05/2017 at 15:28

Williams, Lloyd or Simpson the better bet? Been back and forth on this all week.

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:41

Lloyd for me. DPP is so valuable and they will all average very similarly. Youngest and least likely to get injured is another benefit.

Relton · 05/05/2017 at 15:29

HAMPTON, MARCHBANK, OTTEN OR STEWART THE PLAYER TO CHOP FOR EVW??
doubling down despite beams being out.. too many cash cows around
Parfitt > parsons was my 1st

WhatsaFtumch · 05/05/2017 at 15:38

I would think Marchbank, Hampton & Otten all have better JS than Stewart, although I'm not convinced on EVW – could lose his spot to Hibberd?

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 15:53

Hope so. I'd happily bring Hibberd back into my side if he returned and scored a 60+. Might seem unlikely but he can find the pill at VFL level no worries.

Relton · 05/05/2017 at 16:05

do you prefer melican over EVW

WhatsaFtumch · 05/05/2017 at 17:18

Not really convinced by either to be honest…both Sydney and North seem to have options in defence to bring in (Almir, McVeigh, Talia, Hibberd, Mullett}…although I think EVW will possibly play more games for the year…I would rather wait and bring in Myers as a mid in a week or two

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:40

Hampton

K.Sinny · 05/05/2017 at 15:58

Well obviously stewart since he isnt even playing

Junior · 05/05/2017 at 16:04

its actually not that obvious k.sinny as stewart is only being managed so he will be back next week and his BE is -5 still. so plenty of cash left in him where other BEs are about there AVGs… so hampton IMO.

K.Sinny · 05/05/2017 at 16:27

oh ok i thought he got dropped thanks

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 16:03

You still munching pies down Relton?

Relton · 05/05/2017 at 16:20

a four n twenty and VB at the halftime of the magoos & still find plenty of the pill! could keep up with that butler at the tiges still!
      whose the pick of the defenders Pieman? EVW Melican McNiece or berry even?

allen · 05/05/2017 at 15:32

riewoldt VC
stef martin C (vs sydney who has no ruck really)

thoughts?

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:39

risky but could be a serious ploy. Nice VC option.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 15:59

Naismith isn't really no ruck, he is at least a Ruckman and not someone filling in for one.

Wedge · 05/05/2017 at 18:39

Swans valued naismith over nank so he must be considered a half decent ruckman. But in saying that they also think tippett is a ruckman…

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:15

A very unique VC and C. Supposing that is Nick Riewoldt, you could find a better VC instead of him

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 15:35

What would you do?

Trade to get 2 premos now – Pendles & a RUC thus avoiding a donut whilst keeping Nank on the bench;
This will give me 14 premos plus Nank&Sandi.

OR, bring in Pendles for Beams and down trade for one of Parsons/Black/EVW.

I have multiple options as I can move players via DPP to accommodate DEF/MID/RUC/FWD.

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:48

I like option one. Nank on bench and avoiding a doughnut is the best solution.

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 15:52

Who has a calculator?

Everyone is asking who to trade out of Otten, Hampton, Marchbank.
What would the break evens be for each of them if they all score 90 this week?

Help, maths geniuses!

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 15:56

Otten 75, Hampton about 60 and Marchbank about 55

FizzEm · 05/05/2017 at 16:24

can i ask what the BE calculation method is to figure it out.. i have always tried but no idea how it works

Choppers · 05/05/2017 at 17:38

This is a very rough formula but it's pretty close….ie: Players Price divided by 5140 multiplied by 3 then minus the sum of the two previous rounds…it needs to worked out after the players price change.

SUPERCOACH BREAKEVEN FORMULA

Player’s Price X 3 minus (sum of previous 2 rounds)
        5140

Big fact hunt · 05/05/2017 at 19:20

Easy way of doing it is 3round average. Every 20 points equals $100000. So if average is 90 break even is $450000. Not exact but very close and can do in your head easily

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:40

To be perfectly honest I look at the projected score and their projected BE. If i think they are going to score slightly more/less then I guess based on their last few weeks. Supercoach gold is pretty amazing – if you seriously care about supercoach it is a great tool and I recommend everyone get it.

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 17:02

Boy oh boy really is time to cull the Crow boys very shortly. Come on defence rookies!!!
      Even hoping Mitch Hibberd comes back for North, now that is desperation!

BrownlowBoy · 05/05/2017 at 16:00

If Otten is a late omission due to the weather tomorrow and Newman doesn't get a game I will have 2 backline donuts.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 16:53

That would be tough on otten. He's been awesome

JohndJames · 05/05/2017 at 17:10

I'ts not looking good is it BrownlowBoy,if last week wasn't bad enough with low scores,now we have to cop donuts.I'm just taking it and going with the trades that I was planing to do anyway,need the cash generation while it is there,so Pickett to Parsons and Parfitt to Melican for me.

Ken? · 05/05/2017 at 16:05

Bont, Pendlebury or dustbin martin

gfff · 05/05/2017 at 16:15

Pendles or Bont

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:13

DePendlebury

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:26

I'm just waiting for the Bont to have a poor game……. might not happen!

Dusty Spurs · 05/05/2017 at 16:06

Is anyone holding Beams for now?

My plan at this stage is a double downgrade to make some cash and get in rookies that will create further cash gen;

Parffitt –> Parsons
Marchbank –> Melican

Or should I look at trade 1 and use the cash to upgrade beams to a pendles or alike

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 16:52

Not much in the way of def & Fwd rookies on the horizon. If you can cover beams for this week it's not a bad idea

JohndJames · 05/05/2017 at 16:59

I'm doubling down,Pickett to Parsons and Parfitt to Melican,so getting in the same players,need to grab them while we can,trading Beams to Pendles next week.

Cheers community · 05/05/2017 at 16:17

In your opinion would you rather

Cop a donut this week but turn beams into pendles.

Or

Turn Eddy into parsons, field a full team and upgrade beams to pendles next week.

(Can't do both this week due to other priorities)

Rocksta · 05/05/2017 at 16:40

I'm in the same boat. It's doing my head in.

Turning Eddy into Parsons just seems like such a waste of a trade. That said, I don't think Eddy will be getting a game any time soon so may have to bite the bullet.

Agreed · 05/05/2017 at 16:45

Really is a waste of a trade but it seems Eddy won't be breaking into the side anytime soon. Think I'll get parsons for him and just accept it as a rookie correction, will need the cover heading into byes.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 16:59

Tough call. But not many forward rooks coming up so go Parsons in this case & grab Pendles next week

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:24

Tough call. I have to cull either Preuss or Simpkin to make sure I have no donuts in forward line.

I'm sure Simpkin will be back next week but Preuss not sure

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:27

Like option 2 – a doughnut is a doughnut, and if you can do beams into pendles next week then it's water off a ducks back

HarryO · 05/05/2017 at 16:21

im holding Dusty. I've doubled down this week too many cash cows on the bubble. we have to generate that cash while its there!

Top hawk · 05/05/2017 at 16:27

Ablett will have to wait….because of the upcoming bye. Tossing up between getting Pendles today or next week for Dayne Beams. I could wait a week and snap up either Heath Shaw, or Kade Simpson today. What is of higher priority? The break evens suggest that one of the premo defenders should be dealt with first. Pendles excellent record against Carlton makes it really tough call. Any thoughts? Cheers

Choppers · 05/05/2017 at 17:41

I've gone Pendles this week and made him my VC, and will go Premo defender next week, moving on Marchbank or Hampton.

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:03

Are you still planning Gaz post bye? I would go Gaz this week over Pendles if you got cover for Rnd 9 (or Myers bubble??)

K.Sinny · 05/05/2017 at 16:28

Will we know if newman is playing once the teams come out tonight?

Choppers · 05/05/2017 at 17:42

Newman is Emergency

Declan · 05/05/2017 at 16:31

Declan · 05/05/2017 at 16:37

Sorry didn't mean to post that- that was part of my last post

pod · 05/05/2017 at 16:37

He always plays well against the Cats, good move.

The Golden Ticket · 05/05/2017 at 16:42

Does the round 9 bye allow us to do 3 trades this year?

Top hawk · 05/05/2017 at 16:44

No. Only 2.

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:56

It's the same as every other round you still field your best 22 also not 18 like rounds 11-13

Joe T · 05/05/2017 at 16:44

Community, I'm strongly considering Berry instead of EVW. Should he even come into contention or is Berry not worth looking at?

Top hawk · 05/05/2017 at 17:10

Berry could work for you. His first three games were putrid and he actually fell in price after he went on the bubble. He somehow kept his place and played very well last week for his 62. So he has only gone up about $8K. His BE is only 11 and will rise much more sharply from here. Its almost like he is on the bubble now after having played 4 games.Looks like this kid is a late bloomer. I have him and his MID/DEF eligibility is also very appealing. As he has played 2 more games under his belt his JS looks solid too. Very valid option for mine. Cheers

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:21

Lions love him. Named in team sheet where Beams would have been. I do love my DPP's.

Joe T · 05/05/2017 at 17:22

Yeah I'm really leaning towards Berry now, like you said he's got 2 more games under his belt and Beams out probably helps his JS even more. I just don't trust Chris Scott with his team line ups, cheers hawk!

ewoks8stormtroopers · 05/05/2017 at 16:49

Beams to M Crouch or Heppell? Is Crouch about to come good and hit the big scores or am I dreaming? Or for under $10k just go for Heppell as a bit more of a sure thing / keeper?
Will go for Pendles next week.

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 16:54

Neither are top 8 mids waste of a trade get Pendles this week or save a trade if you have cover. Neither are worth it, crippsmis a better choice he at least has potential to be top 10 mid from here on out.

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:12

Like Kim said, neither will be top players near the end so maybe downgrade him

Tommo09 · 05/05/2017 at 16:55

My team at the moment after my two trades this week

Def: Laird Simpson Tuohy Hibberd Otten Newman (Hampton Stewart)
Mid: Danger Selwood Bont Fyfe Mitchell Kennedy SPP Balic (Barrett Fisher Hibberd)
Ruc: Nank Sandi (Strnadica)
Fwd: JJK Lynch Steele Butler Houston Parsons (Hannan Eddy)

22 trades and $564k left after this week

Targeting Pendles Rocky S.Martin in next two weeks

Thoughts??

Also, will Montagna play all remaining games?
I'm looking at getting him in as a POD. 1% ownership

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:17

Montagna risky pick as body is an issue for the old timer. Like targeting Pendles and Stef

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 16:57

Pendles into Gary for me I think

Nathan · 05/05/2017 at 17:01

Hey guys I have 9 players out this week. Im completley effd. Should I just take the loss and still go with my trade plan. Ethier hampton/marchbank to evw/melican and jom to dustbin. My players out this week are: Beams, Nank, Fiorini, Bowes, Fisher, Cameron, Simpkin, Hibberd, Eddy… fml

Beastiano · 05/05/2017 at 18:55

Unless your ranking is high and that is your overall goal, take the loss and stick with your trade plan. There is a fair portion of the community with team issues this week as is evident here.

Johnno · 05/05/2017 at 17:01

Which 2 would you trade in? Will parsons and balic score similar, I believe balic will score props 10pts more per match and therefore even tho he is inflated price I am more tempted to go balic over parsons, also got DPP and better JS. Thoughts would be hugely appreciated thanks.

EVW
Parsons
Balic

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:11

Missed the boat on Balic so Parsons and EVW

Anth · 05/05/2017 at 17:10

Newman out sigh.

Downgrade Newman or Stewart to Melican?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:24

I'd be a little concerned with Pelican's JS as well. Horrid year for rookies

Oliver · 05/05/2017 at 17:29

Same boat as you – not sure who out of Newman and Stewart is more likely to get a game

Danners · 05/05/2017 at 17:11

Love your work Kev! Going to have a feast on the stuffed cash cows this week before going big over the next couple of weeks. Trades that I'm doing are
Beams to EVW (via DPP)
Parfitt to Parsons
to leave me with a bit over $800k in the bank and next week get the Bont and Doc in.
Hopefully this week is better than last week

Steeeve · 05/05/2017 at 17:11

Newman is OUT

Top hawk · 05/05/2017 at 17:21

Ahhh Scheize!!!. Newman is turning into a yo yo player. In one week, out the next. Giving me the sh-ts. Hampton will have to go on field with no bench cover. Perhaps I need to grab Heath Shaw this week and Pendles next week now.
    Cheers Steeeeeve

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:22

Twice in 3 weeks is not a good sign. Big call to make on him now

Moosehead · 05/05/2017 at 17:41

How did you get that info so early Steeeve because final Sunday teams are not announced until 5.30, or so I thought.

Choppers · 05/05/2017 at 17:45

Sunday teams are finalised at 5pm Fridays.

Brad · 05/05/2017 at 17:12

Has anyone else have a green circle next to newsman's name not orange as it was 1h ago?

Green means he is playing so does that mean he is named?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:19

He's been dropped. He's listed as an emergency

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:46

You were just hoping

Dutch · 05/05/2017 at 19:18

I saw it too, it was green for a while about 6:30pm, now back to orange – HS playing games with us ….

Lucas · 05/05/2017 at 17:19

Parsons or black guys? And why

WhatsaFtumch · 05/05/2017 at 17:24

Parsons…Black most vulnerable to Menzel coming back…Parsons also seems more versatile (more mobile, could play mid, back & forward?)

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 18:51

Menzel is already back !!!

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:46

Which Black Guy?

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:02

Lol, maybe he means just black guys in general 🙂

Westy · 06/05/2017 at 06:33

That's why enjoy listening to NIRS football.

Jack · 05/05/2017 at 17:20

25 trades. Trade options to help with Byes and structure?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Barrett, Swallow, P-Pepper, O'Meara (Beams, Pickett, Parfitt)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Taranto, Rough, Balic, Butler (Eddy, Nank)

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:09

Buy gaz!

DefyingMadness · 05/05/2017 at 17:22

Who goes first Newman or Hampton. Newman has cash to make if he plays in the future, however Hampton's days are numbered. Fielding 22 players either way so a donut is not a worry

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:27

Hampton is playing. Keep warm bodies!

Joe T · 05/05/2017 at 17:25

Newman or Hampton out for Berry? I've got no donuts either way.

Trading Newman gives me a bench DEF but means I'm culling him early. Trading Hampton gives me $37k more and he's probably a bit closer to his peak price than Newman, but no bench cover. Decisions!

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:27

See above

Joe T · 05/05/2017 at 17:33

Cheers Pieman! Posted almost simultaneously to defyingmadness haha, didn't see it

Barry · 05/05/2017 at 17:28

With Berry named as RR and his DPP would he be a preferred option over EVW?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:36

His bye is the problem I have with him. EVW in round 12 & cheaper is a little more appealing. But the Lions seriously rate Berry as they should. Tough call.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:31

9 players out pre trades. Gary & Pendles I need you to go ape shit again please

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 17:41

I am jealous of you Pieman. You have Gaz and I DONT. Still its a choice of either Gaz or Pendles to bring in this week. I am going Pendles because of Ablett's untimely bye. Just have to accept the fact that it looks like I am going to have to fork out big bucks to get him for round 10. Worth it though. Good luck this week mate.

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:56

Nice plan TopHawk. Picking up the durable beast first is probably the correct decision. Someone from the Herald sun said this week if Pendles didn't play injured he'd of played 60 less games at least. If you had Pendles I'd stress to get Gary & role the dice. Good luck to you to. We will need some luck from the gods this week. We are due

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:44

Do you have Gaz?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:50

I started with Gary & Pendles Derek. I always do. If they go on a tear & you don't have them you really notice

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 23:10

you on track for a doughy pieman?

Henry · 05/05/2017 at 17:35

Steph Martin or Grundy?

Grundy will give me more dosh but with Mason Cox playing it may hinder his scoring

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 17:35

After much consideration and with bringing Pendles into my team next week in mind, I've decided to trade Parfitt to Parsons and Newman to Melican. This will leave me with 22 trades and 353k in the bank. Thoughts?

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:36

I have 9 non-players this week. And I don't even have Beams or Greene.

Thankyou Lions for giving Berry and Barrett games. Lucky I didn't trade Dawson in, that would have been 10 outs.

Staring at a donut in forward line and a donut in defence.

Parfitt out and EVW In (via McGrath)

Either Simpkin or Preuss out and Parsons In.

Where is Menapoo when you need him?

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 18:03

You have $140K+ in the warchest Derek? Grab Parsons for Simpkin and the Parfitt for either Heath Shaw or Kade Simpson? (DPP) I don't trust EVW's job security. Cheers

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 19:58

Thought of that, but was about $20k short for Simmo and $10k for Shaw

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:11

probably simpkin as preuss would mean bringing nank into the ruck w/o cover for either him or sandi – which I don't think is a great idea.

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 19:54

preuss at R3 and Nank at F4. Cameron at F8 would swing with Preuss.

Dutch · 05/05/2017 at 19:14

10 non players here, facing either two donuts in fwd line or one in fwd line and one in mids, depending on where I place Balic – that's before trades. Parsons into fwd line for Parfitt takes care of one, but it means Balic has to be in mids, and facing a fwd donut because not willing trade Eddy (low value) or Simpkin (too early). Trading up to Pendles or Bont in mids to compensate – either should score the same as two rookies (fingers crossed).

Derek, agree with Finnius about Simpkin vs Pruess, if forced to choose I'd let go of Simpkin. As per a separate post, Berry worth considering vs EVW, better job security as long as you can predominantly place him on the pine.

Tommo09 · 05/05/2017 at 19:25

7 for me this week

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 19:56

Already have Berry.

What other def rookies

Jrod · 05/05/2017 at 17:36

What are people's thoughts on the almighty Ablett?? Is he back? 575k and a POD. I feel like he has been building and building

SirSamuel016 · 05/05/2017 at 17:39

In my opinion, he's probably not worth it. That 210 is gone and he won't replicate that every week either. He could pick up a bit but I'd expect him to return to the output we've seen from him in the weeks prior.

Jrod · 05/05/2017 at 17:42

Sometimes the love for the great man gets me blindsided

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:49

He won't get 210 every week, but he's looking bloody good, I'm gonna try to get him before he gets too expensive. He's the champ.

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 17:39

Newman listed as emergency now for swans going to hurt some teams especially with Stewart also an emergency for Geelong!

Carnage all over the ground this week!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:48

Supercoach Nazi says…..no bench for you..meaning me..lol

Big G · 05/05/2017 at 17:45

Is this one of the worst weeks ever?

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 17:47

Yes & we haven't even made it to Sunday. This could be a massive rank change week

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 17:53

If some aren't effected too badly by outs (like me) we might be able to go up a fair few in ranks hopefully as well. But yes sucks for a lot who have nank in rucks and no cover in def, mid or fwds this week. At least Barrett is playing in mids might save a few a doughnut for beams perhaps.

Hurts with trading though as a lot of people can no longer do the trades they jntended to strengthen certain lines and some players won't be as cheap next week.

They don't call it "SuperCoach" for no reasons though! Should be called genius coach this year I Reckon!

Kim · 05/05/2017 at 18:01

Could be worse though if this was bye rounds a lot of people wouldn't be close to fielding 18 players with the amount of outs there are, hope this doesn't happen in by rounds otherwise some will get some very low scores

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:07

I am pretty happy this week to be honest – hopefully can climb a few

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 17:55

these are the types of weeks the top players love. Sorts the pretenders out. Bit like a howling southerly at The Lakes, let's see who can play in less than perfect conditions.

Brandon · 05/05/2017 at 17:57

Newman or Stewart to evw? Need the downgrade due to lack of def rookies coming along but can't decide between the two. Was planning on Hampton/marchbank to evw but need their scores this week! Cheers

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 18:11

Newman. Think Stewart has a better chance of getting his job back. And a negative BE

Oliver · 05/05/2017 at 18:14

Hey Pieman,

I still have Mitchell Hibberd (North) on my bench. Do you reckon I should trade him out for EVW or should I just leave him there and trade out Newman for the cash? I have $618k in the bank already due to double downing last week.

Cheers!

SCdonkey · 05/05/2017 at 17:59

Hmmm! Really want to bring in Pendle and Hibberd in this weekend. Have $400K in the bank, we have a lack of Rookies for downgrades with JS don't really want to waste trades as bye rounds is approaching fast.

If I trade in Hibberd will only have 1 playing Rookie, same as Mid if trade in Pendle will have either SPP or Barett on field. My fwd will have 3 playing Rookie the likes of Hannan, Butler and Balic due to Nank being suspended for 1 week. I guess it's better than getting a donit this week, will be looking at bringing Macrae next week if Myers is named.

Should I do the trade or wait next week.

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:06

I would be downgrading at least one rookie this week. This is because there is practically no-one on the bubble next week so that is a good time to do the double upgrade. Would be going one premo this week not two – and then hopefully a couple next.

SCdonkey · 05/05/2017 at 18:50

I'd love to get a Rookie in, but non of them on the bubble this week has a JS. I don't want to trade in a Rookie and gets dropped next week.

I'll probably wait in the bye rounds to get a Rookie in that's on the bubble. At least that way, I'll have full 18 players for the byes.
      Round 13 will be tough for me as i have 7 premos/keepers out for the round and 3 rookies.

hedski · 05/05/2017 at 19:25

Parsons has the best js Donk, very highly rated at the cattery.(out of this weeks bubble boys)

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 18:14

Tough call. But I like your thinking regarding byes. I'm going to try to replace donuts & leave non playing premos on the pine this week. Make a call on Beams next week & gather more intel

Moosehead · 05/05/2017 at 18:05

Which two out of the following four players on the field. I can't loophole because all 8 forwards are playing as are my mid emergencies. Taranto, Hannan, Butler or Parsons. At this stage I am going with Taranto against The Saints and Hannan against The Hawks. .

Jimmy · 05/05/2017 at 18:10

Who for VC

Bont or Danger

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 18:43

Bont .

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 19:04

Bont for sure. Danger is hampered with injury

Jackaroo · 05/05/2017 at 18:11

Which one player to play on the field. Hibberd, NM isn't playing because Nth are playing early Saturday afternoon and so I can't do the emergency loophole.Currently I have Balic in my 8, and Barrett and Florent on my bench with Hibberd.

BrownlowBoy · 05/05/2017 at 18:11

Someone was talking about brining in Berry over EVW, I think this is a viable option.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 18:15

Agreed. Been crowing about it all week.

BrownlowBoy · 05/05/2017 at 18:24

But the first few weeks of him stinking the joint up is worrying me.

Dutch · 05/05/2017 at 19:03

Also playing Sydney this week in Sydney, don't like his chances of scoring over 50 ….. but he'll get plenty of games through the year so may be a viable bench player, just not on field

Neverweaken · 05/05/2017 at 18:15

Jumped on the Gary train this week. Parfitt- Parsons and Beams- Gary. Pendles next week. Want another week to look at Shaw or Simpson. Rather spend the money this week on Proven Mid. Want Bont and McCrae but have to wait for dreaded r11 bye.
Happy to sit Gary on the pine for one week if I have to.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:47

Points chaser!…haha just kidding, Gazza or Pendles great choices this week, wish I could've gotten both.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:18

On the bright side….there's no shortage of captain's loophole options this week 🙂

INPieman · 05/05/2017 at 19:05

Anyone you like!

Neverweaken · 05/05/2017 at 18:18

Is Dahlhouse playing or injured. Looking at VC options.

KSinny · 05/05/2017 at 18:25

Looks like he's playing unless he's a late withdrawl

tom · 05/05/2017 at 18:26

A Few trade scenarios I'm struggling with.

1. Beams and Parfitt to Pendles and Parsons (with a 0 onfield due to Newman)
2. Beams and Newman to Pendles and EVW (miss out on potential gun cash cow, no donut)
3. Parfitt and Newman to Parsons and EVW (no donut but am forced to play Balic onfield)

Oliver · 05/05/2017 at 18:35

I'm in the same scenario as you. Will be going with option 3 – just haven't decided whether to trade Newman or M.Hibberd (North Melb) since I have no idea when or if he will get a game. What do you reckon? Newman + cash or a non-playing rook? I have 618k in the bank.

tom · 05/05/2017 at 18:47

Yes I can also go trade Hibberd. Not sure who to offload Hibberd or Newman?

Oliver · 05/05/2017 at 18:50

I was a fan of Newman when I was watching the Syd games – tough one 🙁

tom · 05/05/2017 at 19:00

doesn't matter if we are fans, Horse obviously is not.

Oliver · 05/05/2017 at 19:13

Yeah you're right. Guess it depends if you need the money next week or if you want to have the score this week.

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:43

Option 3

Dean · 05/05/2017 at 21:13

Hold Newman he has a B/E of only 15 and will play soon. Who knows whats going on with Hibberd especially now that EVW has now been playing.

KSinny · 05/05/2017 at 18:26

Anyone know whether Stewart was dropped or managed?

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:37

AFL website says omitted but he is travelling with the team as emergency.

hedski · 05/05/2017 at 18:43

Chris Scott said Omitted because if the team sheet says "managed" they can't be a late inclusion, expect a late change for the cats this week (hopefully not Danger out for Menegola).

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 18:49

He managed to be dropped. Replaced by Thurlow. But will be back..

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:38

I see what you did there! 🙂 lol

RoyWetard · 05/05/2017 at 18:33

Trade Newman (DPP, Hampton on bench) or Parfitt to Parsons (no DEF bench)?

jimmothy · 05/05/2017 at 18:36

Don't know who to VC out of:

Bont or Danger can't decide

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 18:42

Bont is in form at the moment whilst Danger isn't, so go him

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:42

Flip a coin or something, you'll be ok.

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 18:46

Bont

Josh · 05/05/2017 at 18:46

Is it too risky to bring in Pendles if I already have Treloar and Adams in my midfield? Am I better off bringing in any of Bont, Rockliff, Tom Mitchell or MaCrae?

BlueNath · 05/05/2017 at 19:06

Not really. Adams should end up in your backline anyway. Just be mindful come the byes when you have multiple premos from the same team. Good thing is Pies have their bye in round 13, so you should have traded well enough to get through without donuts (SC gods pending). Pendles will be the same $ next week too (or thereabouts), so maybe wait anyway on him. Rockliff is expect to drop by about 40k this week so wait on him too. So I think Macrae or Mitchell

BlueNath · 05/05/2017 at 19:07

oh, and the Bont! Actually, if it were me I'd lock in the Bont to go well against the Tigers

Joe · 05/05/2017 at 18:47

Who to bench out of Hampton, Newman and Williamson?

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 18:48

Newman is out if that helps

Joe · 05/05/2017 at 19:03

Didn't realise thanks for that! Leaning towards Hampton, any thoughts?

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 19:07

Im trading out Hampton . Id probably go for Williamson on ground but honestly dont think there will be much difference between the 2 scores

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:36

I'd bench Hampton Joe, too much of a YO YO boy

jimmy · 05/05/2017 at 18:54

who should i play on the field in the middle

Barret or Balic

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 18:55

I have the same problem . Im going for Balic .

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 18:58

Wish I had that problem, I have no bench…Balic.

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 19:08

Im playing 1 short and no bench cover in defence or forwards . Just hope Otten isnt a late out tomorrow .

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 19:16

Balic.

Will be OK against the bombers.

KSinny · 05/05/2017 at 18:59

Melican or EVW?

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 19:32

Read every other post asking the same question

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 19:32

EVW

Chief · 05/05/2017 at 19:35

Who to VC:

Danger, Pendles or the Bont?

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 20:10

Pendles VC, Bont C for me.

Tommo09 · 05/05/2017 at 20:23

I'm going Danger into Fyfe
    Just as a few people are doubting Danger he is going to explode

Liam · 05/05/2017 at 20:52

Seems similar to just last week when Pendles was "injured" and scored 149 next week.

Jason · 05/05/2017 at 19:38

I would go Pendles VC into Bont Capt

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:44

Good call

Dean · 05/05/2017 at 21:03

I'm going Sloane VC – To Pendles Captain this weeks.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:08

Even better Dean.

Garry · 05/05/2017 at 19:38

Bring in parsons and cop a donut or vicker-Willis and field a full team

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:52

Depends on who you trade out I guess, are you trading out playing players or non playing players?

Matt · 05/05/2017 at 19:39

After alot of thought and reversed trades, I have gone Parfitt->Parsons and Beams-> Docherty. Thinking Doc will be the highest scoring defender so it is worth it to get him in now over the likes of Selwood/D.Martin with them having BE's around 130. I already got Pendles/Bont and not paying the cash for Sloane right now. Thoughts community?

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 20:08

Good call I reckon, gets a lot of it and has a pretty good efficiency when he does, a lot of guys are still stuck with cheap backlines after all the carnage and only 24% have him at the moment. Set and forget.

Dean · 05/05/2017 at 21:01

Lock it in Matt sounds very logical.

Brian · 05/05/2017 at 21:12

Same for me mate. The mistake was not starting with him. Absolute gun

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 19:44

Hope my Sainters can hold their own tonight against the Giants and it's a good close game…and maybe even a win!

Tyruddanaut · 05/05/2017 at 21:10

Looking good so far but only HT

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:15

Fingers crossed, be better if they could bloody find the goals a bit more with their shitty kicking!

neilDemons Delight · 05/05/2017 at 20:45

A lot are doing Parfitt to Parsons ..I am very worried about his JS and out put.He will make coin no doubt but I was thinking of spending an extra 200 and getting WHE… Better JS better points scoring and will also make money 100k in a few weeks .Puts pressure on grabbing uber prems In the end we will need good f/d7 and m9 s cheers

Tyruddanaut · 05/05/2017 at 21:09

100k in a few weeks? More like 10 weeks. He will not even close to be good enough cash gen.
    Parsons is fantastic. Instantly, after his suspension, he was in the side, on the field as a starting 18 player

neilDemons Delight · 05/05/2017 at 21:34

unless I paid 20 bucks for zilch yeah 100 by R9 40 this week alone but each to their own 450 in R9 PRETTY GOOD STEPPING STONE I RECKON capable of going big Parsons wont Stanley Black Lincoln all capable Good luck TRIG

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 21:15

You mean EVW?

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:20

Dunno about that man, the guy is far from reliable, and has a distinct lack of heart and guts at times, and he's already 137k over his starting price, you'd be better off going for Parsons, why do you doubt his job security?…he looked pretty good to me before his silly indiscretion.
    I reckon he has more JS than Black, Black's been around for several years and has hardly ever shown anything, don't reckon he'll keep his spot.

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 22:35

Stepping stone or not your burning 2 trades for 100k
      Your MAD!

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 22:37

Not to mention he may not get that 100k increase your predicting

Dean · 06/05/2017 at 22:46

After the chickens ass done jack shit, WHE will struggle to make 100k unless he goes huge next week but bloody hell my sacrifice to bring in EVW & Parsons nose aka (Chickens ass) both done very little and Parsons especially will struggle to make the Cats top 22

Valens_FC · 06/05/2017 at 08:17

The biggest risk to his JS was Gregson coming off the LTI (Parsons is a rookie upgrade). Parfitt will now go the LTI and with McCarthy also struggling with fitness the outlook is good for Parsons.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:02

Billy Longer is -3 points just before half time, bloody useless spud!, Hickey ain't much better. Wish we still had McEvoy now, or the Saints would finally target a decent dominant Ruckman, could make all the difference in the coming 2 to 3 years.
Maybe we should give the big Yank Tank a go…Holmes.

Derek · 05/05/2017 at 21:22

Longer has had 20 HO compared to Mummy's 23HO to half time.

Longer on -2

Mummy on 30

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:25

Probably cause none of Longer's have been to advantage Derek, in other words useless tapouts for no gain or to the opposition, and two frees against. I think they pay 5 points for a hit out to advantage don't they? not sure myself.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 21:11

The late out of Nic Newman tipped me over the edge today.

Fed up with horse.

Cashed him (Newman) out for Heath Shaw.

Parfitt for Parsons and Beams can chill on the bench this week.

Sorry Pendles, you are going to have to wait until next week.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:15

Good O Tophawk, he's travelling ok 51 at half time, Premo in…Can't get a gamer out, Pendles won't change price much unless he gets 200. Beamer to Pendles next week. 🙂

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 21:24

Feeling even better now Russty! Hopefully heater can tonne up!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:33

65 now mate, and just took a good mark, looking good for ya 🙂

Dean · 05/05/2017 at 21:16

I need some help with making a decision community, Currently ranked 791 – with $217,000 in the kitty.
PLEASE all comments welcome. This is my current team prior to trades in Round 7.

DEF: Laird, Shaw, Otten, Marchbank, Hampton, Newman (McGrath, Stewart)
MID: Sloane, Bont, Pendles, Danger, Titch, Heppell, Fyfe, Pepper (Pickett, Barrett, Fisher)
RUCK: Nank, Sandilands (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Lynch, WHE, Houston, Butler (Parfitt, Eddy)

Option 1: Parfitt to Parsons
Butler to Steff Martin via DPP
Which will bring NANK into my FWD line for next week also means I will only have 22 playing IF Newman or Stewart end up playing otherwise I will have only 21 players. This will leave me with $66,000

Option 2: Parfitt to Parsons
McGrath to either Melican or EVW
If I bring in two rookies such as this, would mean I would have to take a DEFINITE doughnut with NANK in the ruck & have one less PREMO such as Martin playing for this week but I will have $570k in the kitty.

It's bloody frustrating. Advice greatly appreciated in advance.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 21:39

Hey Dean, I'm leaning towards option 2 mate, chances are half the guys you play this week will have a doughnut anyway, congrats on your rank by the way. You shouldn't drop too much with a doughnut.
    I like the idea of you having 570k in the bank for next week, to do whatever the hell you want to. IE strengthen up your backline and your Fwd line.

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2017 at 21:58

The round has started and I am watching the footy. No can do!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 22:04

Hahaha I love it!

JohndJames · 05/05/2017 at 22:01

I've gone with option two,didn't worry about the donuts and just went with the trades I was planing.Pickett to Parsons and Parfitt to Melican,we need to get the cash generation while it is there,if I had tried to cover the donuts,which I could have,I would have been bringing in players that were just a stop gap,like Ryder for the ruck for example.I didn't want to go for Martin since he should be cheaper later on.So we have a definite donut in the ruck and most probably in defence as well.We just have to take it.Curently ranked 5,470 which will no doubt take a hit but am in the top eight in all my leagues.The most annoying part is this is only supposed to happen in the byes.

JohndJames · 05/05/2017 at 22:09

Just looking at your team Dean, you could always trade out Pickett instead of McGrath,via DPP.then you have McGrath in the mids who is a good player and get rid of Pickett who isn't getting a game.Nice mids by the way.

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 07:58

That would leave him with a donut in DEF

JohndJames · 06/05/2017 at 11:42

No it wouldn't because Melican would be coming in.You trade Picket,move McGrath to mid that leaves a space in defence,which Melican moves into.

Pinger · 06/05/2017 at 00:19

Newman or Stewart to EVW & Parfitt to Martin (via ruck DPP)

Moustachio · 06/05/2017 at 06:58

Don't eat donuts Dean, they're bad for your health.

Pepper pig -> Parsons (Parfitt dpp) gives you 22 on field since Barrett is playing. I would not trade a playing player in Butler and cop a donut!

Moustachio · 06/05/2017 at 07:00

Oh nvm didn't see Nank on the ruck. Yeah you're hosed =p

JohndJames · 06/05/2017 at 12:09

Moustachio,why would you trade Powell Pepper,who is playing,for Parsons instead of Parfitt who is going to be out for six weeks.

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 07:56

You're going to have to get Nank into FWD sometime so option 2

Dean · 06/05/2017 at 23:06

I screwed up big time. I went Parfitt to the Chickens ass (Parsons) & Pickett for EVW via DPP to generate cash.
      Both Parsons and EVW done jack shit.

What I should have done is went McGrath to Melican & Parfitt to Steff Martin. That would have given me a full 22

1552/17 played with Bont as Captain. With just Titch, Heppell, Fyfe & Sandiballs I will plummet down the ranking BIG time now.

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 22:03

Come on you Saintly bastards!!!

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 22:26

This is awesome for Saints fans, such a turning point in the season…the belief is there now…go boys! Don't make it the first big scalp this season. All because of the same reason we were so strong in 2009 and 10, defensive pressure, be nice to sharpen up the goal kicking a bit though.

🙂 wahoo!

Ja191 · 05/05/2017 at 22:37

great win!

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 22:55

Well done Saints I have a soft spot for this team.
      Adelaide Crow for life though since age of 6. But I am very excited about their list and future
      I can see them finishing top 6 this year

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 08:02

Top 6? GWS, Adelaide, Port, WCE, Dogs, Cats. Not in any particular order but it seems that saints have too much competition to be top 6. I'm voting on 7th though 🙂

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:30

Great win, big scalp, and done in the same manner as the smashing of the Hawks. Pressure and waves of runners.

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 08:00

Praise the AFL lords. I don't go for saints but don't like GWS that much either

RickeyRat · 06/05/2017 at 09:20

Good win but not sold on Giants and missed Greene and Haynes they don't have the depth to cover,reckon saints are only average side at best will just make top 8
    I'm a North supporter so neutral views

neilDemons Delight · 05/05/2017 at 22:35

ROO looks injured not himself

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 22:42

Yeh agree Neil, he might need a few weeks off. Good ,(from my point of view) to see some of the young blokes come through and deliver.

Lazza · 05/05/2017 at 23:25

Can't see Roo finishing in the Top 6 FWDs .. can only run in a straight line …. if you call that runnng. Needs a long rest..
    Robertson looks the goods.

Sam · 05/05/2017 at 22:40

My team with 25 trades left. Parfitt the obvious one for Parsons or am i missing something?
What should I do with the other trade? I can swing Adams into the middle for Premo DEF or just get rid of Beams?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Taranto, Rough, Balic, Butler (Eddy, Nank)
Thanks

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 22:59

Hey Sam, I reckon you need to strengthen all your lines except Rucks, You've got 4 shit kickers in your midfield and forward lines, and your backline ain't looking much better.
    Barrett, Swallow,P- Pepper and O'Meara onfield in your midfield is gonna lose you huge points compared to most other teams, my advice is, trade your ass off for the next 4 weeks, and hope you end up with something competetive.

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 08:08

Completely agree. I started the season with 11 premiums and now have 16. And he only has 11 premium rank scorers. He must be saving his trades and not listening to Crouching ones stories

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 23:15

No offence Sam, But you probably should've traded a lot more in the last 6 rounds or Chosen abit better in the first place. A lot of dudes already have a premium only midfield, and yours is a long way from that. Also, a lot of guys also have 4 premium forwards by now, once again , no offence intended.

Sam · 05/05/2017 at 23:58

None taken. It is after all only a game.
      Was just wanting some advice as I've made some bad selections.
      So anyone who can help me out and provide some trade options would be fantastic.
      Thanks

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 08:15

Beams will be out for 4+ weeks now, so he is a must out. Along with Omeara or Swallow who is not scoring like he should be, they should be your trade out choices. Move Baltic into mid and get parsons in FWD. Then choose out of pretty much any Mid option. Hope I helped

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:43

Hope you've got a fair wack of cash. Most teams have 15/16/17 premos (excl O'meara/Roughy/Swallow, which haven't worked out). There may still be a rookie next week mcNiece and the week after but not much, which is why most are either going double down or dealing with donuts or just buying Pendles. I would consider double up this week and perhaps continuing to run the Hawks in the hope they turn it around. If less than $200k in bank then maybe double down…. Otherwise, gamble on the rookies showing themselves and paint the fence each week. Butler to Parsons, Parfitt to Gaz for mine. Gaz will do good things for you across the proper byes. Cheers

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 22:53

Anyone just have this feeling Franklin will have 15+ touches & 6+ goal game at home?
I'm tempted to VC Danger into Franklin C
He is just due surely

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 23:01

Could pay off – but so risky

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 23:06

This whole round is farked so I will punt on a 150+ possibility if Danger fails to go above 120

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 23:12

fair shout. He could just burn you with a 70 though so be careful. I hope he goes 180 though.

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 23:15

lol I know what ya mean I was on the verge of bringing him in last week but thankfully got him in now.
          444k too good to pass up on his top end scores just think home game against probably the worst team in the AFL should smash out a 100 atleast but yup 180 would be super

Tyruddanaut · 06/05/2017 at 08:17

I'd take anything above 110 tbh haha

Finnius123 · 05/05/2017 at 23:04

By the sounds of it I am just about one of the few people not copping a doughnut this week. For the minority of us in that position hopefully it means a climb up the rankings!

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 23:10

Yeah I'm free of a donut

Premo's. 14
    Mid. 1
    Rooks. 7

DavidSA · 05/05/2017 at 23:11

Hoping for anything over 1950 this week

Russty_ · 05/05/2017 at 23:17

Hoping so Finnius, but I literally, have no cover on any bench lines, so I guess it depends on any late outs etc hahha whatever will be ….will be…the future is ours to seeeee……

Choice · 05/05/2017 at 23:35

Dahlhouse def playing tomorrow?

Jon · 05/05/2017 at 23:41

Do I trade Hampton to EVW allowing me next week to upgrade Butler to Pendles (via DPP) and complete my midfield but this would leave me with a donut. OR
Trade Stewart or Newman and save the donut but the following week I won't have enough to bring in Pendles?

Johnny · 05/05/2017 at 23:54

Is Ablett to risky to have as captain this week?

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:48

never too risky

Johnny · 06/05/2017 at 08:08

Ok the C is on Ablett this week then!

Borko · 06/05/2017 at 00:16

Simpson v McGovern? KS has the runs on the board but McG had made a good start (just one bad game v Rich in the wet I think).

Ja191 · 06/05/2017 at 07:43

I like the look of McGovern, could be a good pod

James · 06/05/2017 at 00:59

Trade Roughy or Butler to Parsons this week?

DefyingMadness · 06/05/2017 at 01:25

Roughy. Butler has a bit of cash left in him and the Roughy seems to be a while away from playing at his best

Randomcliche2 · 06/05/2017 at 01:48

Tough call. I went Butler.

DefyingMadness · 06/05/2017 at 01:24

Take TT's 66 or slot Berry or Barret on the field?

Ja191 · 06/05/2017 at 07:42

Take TT's, Barret will only score 75 max and if he does you're not losing much.

Tiger · 06/05/2017 at 09:38

65plus from a rookie is my rule of thumb. Take it, sometimes people get greedy.

BlueNath · 06/05/2017 at 09:49

You'll regret not taking risks at years end! Back in Berry I reckon. Unless you are top 500?

TheGreatBozza · 06/05/2017 at 08:18

Double down this week on EVW & Parsons? Or go Pendles and Parsons. I'm offloading JOM and Parfitt, then reassessing Beams next week.

Painting the fence leaves me with $130k for next week which would mean only 1 upgrade, while doubling down would net me $590k for upgrades. I have 27 trades left at the moment

FizzEm · 06/05/2017 at 10:12

i've gone berry over EVW bozza. purely on JS and now beams is out for 3 weeks he will play his ruckrover role. EVW could get dropped next week for hibberd!

Tony · 06/05/2017 at 08:38

Hi Guys-I've got both Pendles and Sloane. Can't decide on who to make vc since they both play at the same time.Any thoughts???

Johnny · 06/05/2017 at 08:46

Sloane

Tiger · 06/05/2017 at 09:15

I'm going Pendles today no choice , fingers crossed as the weather is supposed to turn . If I had Sloane , I'd go with him, only thing is he can't keep this form up every week.

Wally Wombat · 06/05/2017 at 08:42

Hi there everyone.
I have Pendlebury as VC but can't decide between Dangerfield or Fyfe as Captain.
Who should it be please?

Tiger · 06/05/2017 at 09:21

Same boat Wally , not sure myself, just gonna go with my gut . Didn't we like the good ol days when we just picked the little master each week and 99% of the time he came thru. Makes it More interesting now though as it's a bit of skill and more luck these days. Good luck whichever way you choose to go.

Wally · 06/05/2017 at 09:42

Thanks mate. Will look at weather conditions at Gold Coast and Perth and go from there.

Wally · 06/05/2017 at 11:30

Weather fine in Queensland and WA, unlike here.

Wally · 06/05/2017 at 11:51

Going Fyfe because of some doubt regarding Dangers fitness after Roughy' bumb a couple of weeks ago. He may even be a late withdrawal today!

Steve1 · 06/05/2017 at 08:45

with all the scrambling around trying fill a side due to the ''great rookie drought of 2017'', Means old mate Roughead survives another week in my side, think he can just stay there until bye rounds now, ive come this far and least he has good js.

Ray · 06/05/2017 at 09:00

Higgins or Buddy for value?

LJB · 06/05/2017 at 09:10

Budwa proven premium

Tiger · 06/05/2017 at 09:40

If you have to choose now I'd go with buddy, bigger upside

Vicki · 06/05/2017 at 11:38

Yep Buddy for me too.

Vicki · 06/05/2017 at 11:37

Hi Please help me decide:

Option 1 Balic
Option 2 EVW
Option 3 Berry

Out of the 3 who has the greatest JS.
Thank you.

Wombat · 06/05/2017 at 11:49

Balic, EVW then Berry. Look at your bye structure too.

Vicki · 06/05/2017 at 11:58

Thanks Wombat

Spanner · 06/05/2017 at 12:11

Should I take Taranto's 66 or go with Butler and Parsons?

Keenbutclueless · 06/05/2017 at 14:23

Guess it's going to be one of those weeks again. Four players on field Laird, Otten, Hampton, EVW for a combined total of 16 points at quarter time. Time to switch off and stop torturing myself. This is way too painful.

Dean · 06/05/2017 at 23:14

What are people thinking will make par this week community?

Dean · 06/05/2017 at 23:17

Last week I went from 5900 to top 700 – However after this week I think I might be back to 5000+

Tommo09 · 07/05/2017 at 06:55

Looking at sub 1900 this week

Jono · 07/05/2017 at 10:42

Is Newman to Berry worth the trade? Do people think Newman will play again? Berry dpp will be handy. Thanks