Panic-Room-Round-5

I’ve just about had it with Supercoach this year.

These past two rounds have been dirty. Ugly. Unimpressive. While some blokes and Sheila’s are strutting out 2200s and 2300s, my average score from the last two rounds has been my year of birth. It’s a bad number. Considering Carlton won a premiership the year I was born, I’m not sure anything good actually comes out of that particular number.

After leaving the state for the Easter break, I rolled away the stone on Monday, took one look at my Supercoach score, and rolled that stone right back into place. That ‘refreshing break’ didn’t quite work, and now I need to try a little harder.

So I’m leaving the country for a few weeks, to try and find inner peace, maturity and the perfect forward structure in the peaks of New Zealand. I will be leaving the Panic Room in the more than capable hands of Kev – who had a beautiful pre-season for the community, and more importantly has an encyclopaedic knowledge of every Simpsons quote ever. Now, let us lose our tiny little minds.

THE NEWS

HOLY TOLEDO BATMAN, IT’S CARNAGE OUT THERE!
Newman. Taranto. Fox. Florent. Pruess. HARLEY BLOODY BALIC. All dropped*.

(*Balic is listed as a hip. With all the fibre of my being I want to believe Ross is playing one last practical joke on us, but we don’t know. Also Taranto is being rested. So I’m exaggerating but let me have my panic. Please. It’s all I’ve got left.)

AND THE CARNAGE ISN’T OVER YET!

We’ve only had 7 games announced. Richmond and Melbourne will be announced some time on Saturday, with the ANZAC day lineups to arrive 5pm AEST which is very, very irritating. I’ve shot Gil a text, but considering he doesn’t know who I am, it’s probably not going to result in anything but my number being blocked. So, what do we know?

EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE.

UPDATE: Dustin Martin is fighting to be fit to Monday’s match, with Damien Hardwick saying he’s in doubt.

Hawthorn have brought back their high-profile recruit… Tyrone Vickery.

They’ve left Jaeger O’Maera out for ANOTHER WEEK. I told you. I told you all! That knee isn’t worth the cello-tape it’s held together with.

Tom Hickey has been rested from Sunday’s clash with Geelong, causing CARNAGE in some ruck lines. David Armitage will also miss with a groin complaint, while James Parsons and Sam Menegola from Geelong will also miss with suspension. Parsons in particular looks a good rookie downgrade when he returns.

Sydney have ditched a trio of rookies, with Robbie Fox, Oliver Florent and astonishingly Nic Newman have all been dumped from the side due to take on GWS over the weekend. Flabbergasting. Tim Taranto has been rested from the same game.

Matthew Kruezer will miss this week due to some generic ruck injury that ruckmen get, as will Dale Thomas – not that anyone will be too concerned by the latter. Carlton have also named their sixth debutant for the year, with Cam Polson at 117k in the forward line coming into the side to take on Port Adelaide.

Port have kept Sam Powell-Pepper despite rumours he’d be in the Magoos, and have regained Paddy Ryder.

Brisbane have selected a bunch of irrelevant players to come into their side for a whole other bunch of other footballers, who are also irrelevant to Supercoach, ignoring the one relevant one in Jake Barrett despite his 160 Supercoach points in the NEAFL last week.

Brad Crouch comes into a midfield which will absolutely DESTROY the Suns on Saturday, and with no key defenders, Tex Walker could be a viable captaincy option.

Ed Vickers-Willis has been named for the Roos after a good showing in the seconds, which would be useful if we had any f*^&ing trades left, and Sam Mitchell hasn’t recovered from nearly breaking his leg last week. They don’t make footballers like they used to – Jock played 4 games through 2 broken legs and a punctured lung after being hit by a truck just before Bonbeach’s 1987 finals campaign.

WHAT WE DON’T KNOW, BUT THINK WE KNOW: Teams for ANZAC Day will be announced tomorrow night, to the frustration of literally everyone.

However, we can make a few speculations before they’re confirmed. Essendon are hinting at naming small defender Ben McNiece for his debut after he had 23 touches and 9 marks in round one of the VFL.

Nathan Buckley has also hinted that Josh Daicos could make his debut, and I’ve also heard rumours that it’s a sure thing he’ll debut on ANZAC day, but these have been quashed. If they are both named, we’ll monitor them over the next few weeks and snap ‘em up if need be.

I’d be (pleasantly) surprised if Mitch Hannan keeps his spot after a few quiet games for the Dees, too.

TRADING PLACES

Few rookies on the horizon, and the only bubble boy I’d consider this week is Harley Balic. If you ask me about Brandon Matera, I’m going to tell you to not select him. Even as a cash generator. Pass.

EDDIE MURPHYS

152 – Scott Pendlebury
149 – Adam Treloar
146 – Bernie Vince
141 – Dyson Heppell
130 – Kade Simpson

RUCKING HELL

You know how someone may have mentioned trading Todd Goldstein out wouldn’t be the most terrible idea last week? That was the wrong call. Goldstein should be held, and while his 96 on the weekend is not what you forked out the big bucks for, Goldy spent most of the game in the ruck and should work himself back into form.

On top of this, big Brayden Pruess has been rested from this weekend’s trip to Fremantle, and if that rest is on a… more permanent… basis, that would thrust Goldmember back into contention for a top 3 ruck spot.

In Ruck news, Stefan Martin gave messiah Toby Nankervis a touch up in Brisbane on the weekend, but The Nank still managed a very respectable 91 points. Stef, however, looks like the number 1 big man in the game, with a 131-point game on the weekend. Do you know what he is? Do you want me to ask the cat, because the cat’s gonna know! He’s a BLOODY LOCK, community. Don’t you know a lock when you see it?

Picture1

The Big Mummy has had two weeks in a row of 130+ scores, with Shane Mumford busting out a 135 against Port this week. I wouldn’t be moving to bring him in any time soon, but one to watch around the byes as a point of difference selection. Currently the #2 ruckman in the comp.

Brodie Grundy had a very solid 113 this weekend and won’t have let down any who brought him in for Max Gawn. However, Tom Hickey was again underwhelming with a 61. I wouldn’t blame you for ditching him, especially with him being rested this week.

On the rookie front, Jarrod Witts and Braydon Pruess didn’t reach the heights we know they can, but can hardly be accused of underdelivering. Both are plodding along adequately, albeit with Pruess being rested. I’d still hold him if he’s not onfield.

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

Friday night doesn’t provide us with many options, unless you’re an owner of Marc Murphy, Ollie Wines or Robbie Gray – which not many are. Sam Docherty is also on the cards.

However, North Melbourne and Freo both play Saturday night, and for those with Strndica and/or Hibberd, that gives us a look at Tom Rockliff, Luke Dahlhaus, Rory Sloane and Gary Ablett. Three of those are very, very solid VC options, with Ablett a smokie that I wouldn’t gamble on. I’d take Sloane from that motley crew.

How he pulls up this week will impact whether or not Paddy Dangerfield gets the C *winks salaciously*. He’s been named, but I’m probably going to steer clear after he looked to be in discomfort on Monday.

Joel Selwood has had a blistering start to the year and is worthy of the orange this weekend. Scott Pendlebury loves ANZAC Day and could go very, very large, averaging 115 vs the Dons and 115 at the ‘G, but as I don’t have him, I’m handing the captaincy to Nick Riewoldt and hoping Josh Schade doesn’t shut him down like he shut Lance Franklin down a few weeks ago. Roo loves Etihad, with a 111 average at the ground and coming off a 160 a few weeks back.

Alright, that’s it from me community – I’m off to New Zealand this evening but will try and pop in this arvo in the comments.

Kev will be back next week to continue MAXIMUM PANIC, but until then, let’s pray we can survive this, the first round of true carnage for the year!

Twitter : @PatchToTheMax

COACHKINGS QUARTER FINAL NEXT WEEKEND!

This weekend is your last chance to get qualified for the BIG one next Friday!
Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd at a contest in your venue to get qualified – that bloody easy. Get down with your mates!

CoachKings Quarter Final Prize Splits

FIND YOUR NEAREST VENUE
FREE to play
$300 up for grabs in every venue contest
Finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd at your venue to qualify for next week’s $10,000 Quarter Final!

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 10:45

The Hawks have brought Vickery in! That's downright TANKING now!!!

PJH · 21/04/2017 at 12:18

1st everyone hates the hawks because theyre the best , now theyre tanking after 4 losses lol

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 13:04

its been over 12 months since the poor hawks have won a premiership, about time they were given a priority trade.

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:19

Derek they need a Priority pick just to have any sort of pick this year. They got nothing. Gave up 2 years worth of picks completely to get TMitch & JOM. And I for one am loving it. Saints fans salivating

gator59 · 21/04/2017 at 14:26

Yep we sure are INP..

FetusDave · 21/04/2017 at 15:23

Haha great call, and hopefully. Will give the Saints the No. 1 pick next year.

Skindog · 21/04/2017 at 15:40

The Hawks have been tanking since last season, just so we can get back that packet of chips and the half sucked tic tac we gave up for Vickery, but nothing will. E better than watching the two drug king pins fighting over the peptides and the shards on Anzac Day,,,,

KIMMY · 21/04/2017 at 10:49

What about Martin to bounce back?

dont know who to trade this week, thinking of getting rid of rough and taranto but dunno who for?

Swannie · 21/04/2017 at 11:04

I would look at Fiorini (GC) for Taranto…

Swannie · 21/04/2017 at 11:07

Fiorini for Taranto – B/E -8 and looks like price up by approx $42k and hasn't been laying that bad

Swannie · 21/04/2017 at 11:08

That's playing

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 13:02

That's just one midpricer for another imo. Fiorini won't be a keeper. If you can cover Taranto then hold him.

KIMMY · 21/04/2017 at 14:37

Cant cover him, any options? What about rough?

KIMMY · 21/04/2017 at 14:37

Getting rid of rough and taranto that is

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 12:59

Dusty should have a better showing than last week, but with a groin niggle he wouldn't be my first choice as captain.

If you can paint the fence (one up, one down) with Rough and TT, I'd do so. You could go early on someone like Fisher, or bring in Balic hoping he comes back in next week. I'm still up in the air if I trade at all

Roj · 21/04/2017 at 10:56

Tom Mitchell hold or trade?

Raging Bulls · 21/04/2017 at 11:10

hold son.

krups · 21/04/2017 at 12:34

Jocks view from fox footy site:

TOM MITCHELL

WE selected Tommy as a keeper and after four games his average of 105 is at least 10 points per game off the pace.

Mitchell’s breakeven is now up to 138 this week. With another potential belting coming from the Eagles, if you hold young Tom he could drop down to the low $500k range and leave you struggling for a replacement.

Tommy, I cherish the time I spent chasing skirt in the 80s with your old man. However, in this game there is no room for sentiment. Out you go son.

undypuncher · 21/04/2017 at 12:43

Of your gonna go trading out every failed premo youll have no trades by the byes

Sassy foods · 21/04/2017 at 12:56

That's absolutely bonkers. I've got him and I'm ranked pretty high. I've got at least eight more pressing issues than tom Mitchell, being on field rookies and mid pricers that are performing well but untrustworthy.

Seriously, he is averaging 105 in a four game losing streak. What happens when they win?

krups · 21/04/2017 at 13:18

Just because teams win doesn't mean scores automatically go higher vs losses? Just look at Tom Rockliff last week in a losing side. In your view if Lions beat the dogs Rocklff will score higher than he did last week vs the tigers. Nope i think not. Have fun with that thought process. That is one example of many I could give.

krups · 21/04/2017 at 13:20

Also help if he didnt have 8 [email protected]#$ing clangers last week

TigerMAN · 22/04/2017 at 00:25

I've got him. Definite hold. First two games were better than his last two. But you must keep him

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 12:59

Hold. He's been disappointing but we've got bigger fish to fry.

Steven · 21/04/2017 at 15:05

When he wants to kick the ball instead of handpass and not turn ball over he will be fine

JamiesNinjas13 · 22/04/2017 at 00:28

avg 105 and you want to trade him? Oh my….

Swannie · 21/04/2017 at 11:00

Wish me luck, I Downgraded Hickey for Big Jake and upgraded Hall to Rockcliffe… Couldn't care less about the rookies ha ha

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 11:09

Volatility at the team meeting & tensions boil over at Pieman’s firing range this morning
Right o fellas where do we start
Brett Eddy: (Cheap rubbish) “Let this be a lesson that you never trust a bloke with 2 Christian names, listen Brett how bout you change your name to Betts & swing your name around & kick some blo*dy goals you useless hack”
Jarrod Pickett: (Sh*t but gets a game) “Jimmy Toupas was a number 4 draft pick as well. But kick some goals you useless prick, how about a 60”
Jake Barrett: (Can’t get a game at the Lions) “You had 160 Supercoach in the NEAFL last week. But it wasn’t good enough. Me mum had had 170 & kicked 7, LIFT you As_hole & get back in the team”!
Tim Taranto (Managed from Buddy) “Managed from what, managed from Buddy & a bump, feeling a bit sh*t scared son, grow a F’n pair & get on the bloody park you soft c_ck”
Brayden Pruess (Mr Unfit) “No one was asking you to run to Subiaco, catch a blo*dy plane like the rest of the team”
Nic Newman (WTF) “Obviously you found Tom Mitchell’s little black book on how to pi*s off Horse”
Declan Mountford (Missing Persons) “At least your mate Hibbo Jnr got stretchered off the ground last week & we know his whereabouts, what about your’s as_hole”!
Jaegar Bloody (literally) O’Meara: “Budget cut backs on the blindfolds & wrap this glad wrap round your head” CHIC CHIC BOOOOM!!! Just leave him fellas. The insects will deal with him. We’ll send his bones back to his family around the byes……
Ross Lyin (BS artist) “you full of sh#t Ross. No one believes you about the young Balic lad. You’re up to your old tricks again. Well I’ve had enough…..BANG!!!”
Boy was that satisfying

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 11:15

[email protected]ing gold pie!

When the pieces get back to his family the knee will be missing as he ain't got one.

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 11:22

The Hawks might finally be thinking behind closed doors they've made a BIG mistake Trig

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 12:09

Sold the farm and the farm next door for him

They gave up their first round pick next year right?

So does that mean currently GC have the number one pick?

Wedge · 21/04/2017 at 12:48

St kilda have it. Very convoluted process

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 12:55

The Hawks traded to the Saints 2 x second round picks in the 2016 draft which they got Ben Long & Josh Battle & Hawks 1st round pick in 2017, & as I stands that is Pick 1. In return the Hawks got Pick 10 2016 which they used to get JOM. Unlikely the Saints will EVER get a better deal. It shouldn't have been sanctioned by the AFL but they were asleep at the wheel when it happened

Choppers · 21/04/2017 at 14:25

Suns have Hawk's 2nd round pick…probably 19-25

Josh · 21/04/2017 at 12:50

Preuss will be better for the rest allowing bigger score next week and $$$ generation after Sandy and Goldy beat the crap of each other. All the rest agree with your rant

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:21

By his own admissions Preuss is far from fit. I'm sure a week off will do him well. Hope he's back next week

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 14:25

i was going to punt Preuss for SMartin.

I can go Hibberd >> SMartin and leave Preuss at R3.

Do you really think it is just a one week out?

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:49

I guess we will know more next week. But in an interview 2 weeks ago Brad Scott said he would be experimenting with Goldy Pruess & Daw in different ways all year. After hearing that I punted Goldy

leedy · 21/04/2017 at 22:22

I'd hold off at least one more week for Preuss as his cash generation is still rolling on with a b/e of 7.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 11:10

Panic room and patch up? Both off the charts this week.
Need a heap of gaffer tape and super glue.
Is there anything those two bonds can't fix?

My dolphin move.
Put the E on SPP tonight, stretch out the legs in the old recliner, knock the top off a couple and RELAX. Get a look at a couple of new blues rooks so not all bad.
Have a good night sleep, wake refreshed and reassess in the morning.

Lots of members hitting the panic button, stressing out.
As the old saying from the 80's went:

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!
(Insert that weird relaxation music – cloud music)
Speaking of which have fun over in the land of the long white cloud.
A fairly decent fill in Kev but you are our simmo man I'm sure Kev can come up with his own theme

Maybe Kev's Klangers or Kev's Kull or Kev's Call.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:02

Love it, Trigger! Cheers mate! Given Kev full control of the reigns so who knows what we're in for next week!

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:08

Also have SPP with the E on him. No shortage of loophole options. If that goes pear shaped then I can consider options

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 13:15

Is the Panic Room really a Panic Room without Simpsons references? Patch will be back in a few weeks. The Panic Room you know and love won't change too much

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 13:19

i'll have Pickett and SPP with the big E tonight.

if they spud i only have Parfitt and Berry as back up for second bite of the cherry…. oh my.

Seeker · 21/04/2017 at 16:47

Hey Derek, Berry worth a trade in or did you start with him ?

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 11:13

THANK YOU Patch.

So much PANIC this week

nevomate · 21/04/2017 at 11:13

Mitchell out yeo in
should i trade newman out

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 11:16

Josh · 21/04/2017 at 12:53

Why No – made some cash on him and he may struggle to play for a while. Dunno bout you but need cash and need to paint the fence now. He is not playing so he is not making cash so he can be traded.

lach · 21/04/2017 at 11:39

very very bad trades my friend

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:03

Regardless of if it's Sam or Tom, hold your premiums mate. Would hold Newman – will come back in eventually (hopefully in a week or two)

Plakka · 21/04/2017 at 18:57

At this point given the general bloody mindedness of this season you could be as right to do that as not. Back yourself son, the crowd is struggling this year!

Adam · 21/04/2017 at 11:17

Hi boys. I need some guidance. I never sideways trade, but I'm exceptionally tempted to trade Trealor into Rockliff. Is this a good move, or a waste of a trade? I have 28 trades with no donuts, so I could afford a luxury trade.

lach · 21/04/2017 at 11:40

bad bad move. Treloar will be best on ground anzac day you watch.

Beezneez · 21/04/2017 at 11:40

I'm giving that trade one more week to assess – Treloar may start to actually kick the ball to good effect (playing Essendon).

TBone · 21/04/2017 at 11:51

I wouldn't Adam. Youre paying extra money and a trade to go from ultra premo to ultra premo. If you just give him time, treloar will reward you. Not worth it, but its your team so up to you

wighty · 21/04/2017 at 12:35

Never forget sc rule 101 re sideways trade…..always bite you. Hanneberry and GAJ already this year.

Seeker · 21/04/2017 at 16:49

A lot of people also side traded out JJK and Tom J Lynch only to have them score big a week later

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:05

Do it… because if you trade him, Murphy's Law says he'll start averaging 130 and will please everyone (inlcuding me) who holds him. I'd play it smart and wait for someone else to trigger Murphy's Law: HOLD.

Rocket · 21/04/2017 at 16:32

I am tempted to do this to Adam, Treloar to Rocky and O'Meara to Stef Martin, swing Nank forward,structually looks great…. Just cant pull that trigger just yet tho, i need to be convinced it isnt a good move …

Crowmagnon · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

Omeara to stef is a great trade by itself.

redherringfc · 21/04/2017 at 17:07

Thanks Crowmagnon, i was going to sit tight this week, but this gets Parfitt off my field and Stef on. Got to be at least 50 points.

Adam · 21/04/2017 at 16:57

That should be a massive increase in points, I'd do it

KICKITDOWNTHEGUTS · 21/04/2017 at 11:31

Bringing in one of Kennedy (WCE), Lynch, Parker or Hannebery or perhaps Taylor Walker considering the Crows draw opens right up from here out, help me pick one please community?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:08

Gut says Hanners, but I just had a look at the Crows' draw and… oh. oh my. I need a good think about this

FCAbel · 21/04/2017 at 16:17

Parker

Crowmagnon · 21/04/2017 at 16:43

Do not go Tex. He very rarely kicks as straight as he did last week.

Steeeve · 21/04/2017 at 11:38

I'm gonna say it, these outs are a blessing in disguise for me. And I'm sure some others.
I'm no longer burning two trades (only one — Taranto to Hannebery). Plus I have loophole options now.

Stay positive, it makes the SC gods uneasy.

Cpt Pugwash · 21/04/2017 at 20:25

How many trades left?

Optimistic Goat · 23/04/2017 at 00:05

Always positive. How can we be anything else when the gods are at play?

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/04/2017 at 11:50

Guys I could really use some advise :

Do I pull the trigger on an uber premium like Sloane/Rocky/Bont & pocket 200k+ in the bank for next weeks upgrade

Or do I pass on Sloane/Bont/Rocky and bring in Riewolt & Macrae this week?

TBone · 21/04/2017 at 11:57

Bont

Wedge · 21/04/2017 at 12:35

Sloane. Stand alone solid gold mid premo in the team playing the best footy.

Josh · 21/04/2017 at 12:55

Sloane and 200 k in the bank is winning

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:12

I'd go Sloane myself

Andrew · 21/04/2017 at 12:31

Thinking of putting in Yeo this week. Already have Dahl, Macrae and Nank and don't see any other forwards scoring higher than him at the moment. Thoughts?

Andrew · 21/04/2017 at 13:02

With the exception of Riewoldt

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:14

Yeo had similar patches last year where he hit 110 averages and then went at 80 for the rest of the year. I'm not sold and would try and get NRoo in, but I'm also unsure who the best forwards will be. I'm holding off and upgrading elsewhere until things settle down down there

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:27

I know he looks like he will finally produce some consistency but I just can't have him, burn man extraordinaire

Optimistic Goat · 23/04/2017 at 00:08

If Yeo can string 10 weeks together and stay fit, then I'll pay the price. Super player but twice past burned.

cooky · 21/04/2017 at 12:31

Hickey has to go managed after 4 rounds not good for long haul. just have to find away of getting grundy or martin in via downsizing Roughy any thoughts anyone, need to make up $25000 to do this?

Rabbits17 · 21/04/2017 at 12:36

what to do with Barlow? stick with him or upgrade to a sloane / rockcliff / adams?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:14

Flick him if you don't have any other pressing issues

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:15

27 last week. That's putrid. He's not going to be a top 40 Mid. Get rid of him. I'd go Sloane

Rabbits16 · 22/04/2017 at 09:47

he got injured or concussed i think… anyway i flicked him for clayton oliver and also flicked treloar for ELliot Yeo :/ bottle of wine decisions….. seems my sober supercoach decision making isnt working anyways so what the hell

Clay · 21/04/2017 at 12:37

Hold JOM and Taranto or trade?

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 13:12

JOM has got to go.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:15

Can see value in holding Taranto, but would flick Jaeger

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:24

Hold TT, trade JOM

Muzza · 21/04/2017 at 15:41

I am holding both because I have a reasonable team on field but with only a couple of emergencies.
    If JOM and or Taranto miss round 6 then then he/they are out.
    Remember the importance of holding as many trades until the byes. No panic trades!

Jimboss · 21/04/2017 at 12:39

Have 360k in the pocket

Taranto up to Macrae

Or

Rough to a super premo?

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 13:09

Taranto to Macrae. Rough should be right to at least hold his price a bit longer.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:15

The first option for mine

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:26

And what exactly is a 'super premo'?

isaidc · 21/04/2017 at 12:42

Hi have Robbie Gray (I know, I know)

Should I trade him this week (to Merret) or hold for one more chance, against the blues?

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:11

Didn't he score 164 not long ago? Against the Blues he might do it again

micdidjeri · 21/04/2017 at 13:16

Robbie Gray will have 52 and kick 17. Hold.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:17

Definite role change there Isaidc so I wouldn't have a problem with you wanting to flick him. He might go large occasionally but long term going to Zerrett is a much better decision

isaidc · 21/04/2017 at 13:21

yep role change. guess im hoping for a midfielder injury or something this week for port, so he moves back to where he dominates. Got backline issues this week (stewart starting). decisions!

Wedge · 21/04/2017 at 14:04

I'm thinking when SPP gets dropped he might get more midfield time.

Eggs · 21/04/2017 at 12:51

Weighing up bontempelli v rocky or Murphy and save some $$ thoughts ??

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 13:08

Bont. Rocky never far from an injury. Murphy in a purple patch. Well done if you started him, but don't jump on now

Super_Freak · 21/04/2017 at 13:47

Rocky hasn't really had injury problems for a long time. Most recent absences were due to broken ribs, and being cleaned up by May. Looks good this year, as do Bont and Murphy.

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 13:10

Bont

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 13:21

Would pick one of the first two – I can't really split them to be honest. Flip a coin? Get your cat to walk over your keyboard and if R or B come up first pick that? Consult a ouiji board?

Nick · 21/04/2017 at 13:21

What is everyone's VC and C choices this week? Thinking Fyfe into Danger/ Pendels…
Thoughts community?

Mystic Mac · 21/04/2017 at 13:28

Buddy into Danger

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 14:12

Bont into Danger.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 14:21

I tricked the SC Gods last week.

The previous two weeks i had Eddy (last min IN) and Gawn as my C's.

I announced to the Gods that i would have Dangerfield last week………………… but at the last seconds before the last game did a switcharoo to Selwood….. the Gods didn't see that one and allowed danger to serve up a nice brown turd. haha to you SC Gods.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:26

I'm struggling due to being overseas: I might have to go Kade Simpson as my VC option. However, I've brought Taylor Walker in after Lek wrote him up yesterday and seeing their draw, so he'll probably get it.

C at this stage is Selwood, but could be Riewoldt

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:35

Dollhouse into Danger/Pendles

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 16:15

Rocky VC and danger C.

Mystic Mac · 21/04/2017 at 13:23

C'mon Simmo tonight is your night mate! #Praytothegods

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:29

I'm praying with ya Mystic. I don't like this new role

Mystic Mac · 21/04/2017 at 13:34

Agreed Pieman 🙁

Steeeve · 21/04/2017 at 13:34

Hoping he can stay cheap until his bye personally

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:43

He might have to be my travelling VC! Unless I give it to Pickett!

Tommo09 · 21/04/2017 at 13:28

Bont into JJK for captain this week

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 15:12

JJK? really?

Tommo09 · 21/04/2017 at 15:20

It's very risky but hopefully it pays off

He's playing Hawthorn and the reigning Coleman medallist
      Tom Hawkins got about 110 last week and I expect JJK to beat that

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 18:20

JJK scored an 84 and 103 against the hawks last year. And the eagles are always pretty ordinary playing at the MCG. Would definately advise elsewhere for the C option based on the past.

Im an owner of JJK aswell so i hope he proves me wrong. Just dont like his chances.

Tommo09 · 22/04/2017 at 08:18

Yeah that's true
          I thought they were playing in Perth for some reason
          I might change it as Eagles can't travel but should beat hawks though

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 18:13

If it was the VC onto JJK i would say thats a great choice. But throwing the C onto him seem like a massive risk. Do you have any other options?

RufHead&SheSwallows · 21/04/2017 at 13:32

G'day community. Have 170k in the bank and can turn Rough in Stef Martin, or JOM into maybe a Taylor Adams (leaning towards this, as my defence is thin). All this via DPP obviously. Thanks community, all ideas welcome. Cheers!

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 13:51

My favourite friend from Tinder. I'd go with the Adams choice. DPP seems to be extra handy this year

RufHead&SheSwallows · 21/04/2017 at 14:30

Hahaha thanks mate. Cheers!

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:41

I had this conundrum earlier in the week before everyone was dropped and I had to change plans. I struggled to split them and was going Stef for team balance reasons – if you're going Adams for balance, fire away!

FranklinSHow · 21/04/2017 at 13:33

Omera & Roughy are gone this week cant keep them any longer.

Option 1 – Hanners & Josh Kennedy (WCE)

Option 2 – The Bont & Elliot Yeo

What does the community think is the better season long option.

TBone · 21/04/2017 at 15:02

1 no doubt mate!

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:27

#1 for mine

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 16:17

#1 looks the best option definately mate

Jager Bombs · 21/04/2017 at 17:33

Cheers fellas thats what my gut is saying.

andy_89 · 21/04/2017 at 13:41

Lloyd or Howe this week? Both look like top 6 defenders this year. Lloyd BE of 90 but a little cheaper, Howe BE of 78

Lopping TT down to Fisher and upgrading JOM via Hibbo DPP. Taking a punt on Fish but falling behind and have 28 trades (before these) so leaning towards making an upgrade this week unless someone talks me out of it. Also contemplating Williamson over Fish (by shifting Adams into mids)

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:43

McVeigh and a few mids coming back into Sydney worry me slightly – he should still go top 8 but personally I'd wait another few weeks on him just in case and go Howe.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 13:43

Captain my Captain

Hows that?

Despite all the rookies missing can't go Fyfe into Danger as planned as Eddy, Hibberd, TT, Barrett and Newman all play before Freo!

Looks like it is the Bont. Hope he doesn't get the robbo treatment.

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:17

Have noticed the same thing Trig. You really need someone from the first 4 games. The rookies that have disappeared (so far) all have early games over a damn 5 day round! Sucks

Steve · 21/04/2017 at 16:44

When do we know if dusty is playing, could be the loop,Fyfe into dusty

Finnius123 · 21/04/2017 at 13:51

Tex or Yeo????

Finnius123 · 21/04/2017 at 13:52

Tex walker* can't go Macrae as already have too many in the Rd 11 bye

krups · 21/04/2017 at 14:03

Tex

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:36

I jumped on the Tex train this morning

Finnius123 · 21/04/2017 at 14:39

Yeah I'm feeling it patch. With both yours and Lekdogs gurlfriends endorsement I'm gonna pull the trigger. His drawer is too good to ignore – and he has been killing it of late

Rivo · 21/04/2017 at 14:00

Taranto & JOM to Hanners & Fisher? Or do I hold? Tough call with x sets of teams to be released still!

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 14:10

Im having another look on fisher before I bring him in.

Rivo · 21/04/2017 at 14:31

So the only other viable play is Hanners & Balic (injured/rested/Lyoned). Holding is going to be painful…

krups · 21/04/2017 at 14:02

Higgins to Tex Walker?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:37

Wouldn't go Higgins to Tex. Higgins still a chance at top 8, when he gets more of a run through the midfield he'll hit the ton pretty easily. Would hold and focus on upgrading and downgrading rookies. We've made our bed, now we need to lie in it

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 14:11

i'm like alot of people, have 7 rookies NOT playing this weekend.. Our cash generation has just frozen for this week. It's like the cash machine has been turned off and everyone is on holidays.

so i've crunched the numbers and worked out that to get a full premium team prior to round 14, based on expected cash generation, the average spend on premiums coming into my team is only $520k.

so for every JPK i get for $590k, i need to get a Simpson for $450k to average it out.

i can see many people who are shopping for premiums with "borrowed' money. NRoo, Bont, Sloane, Dusty, Rocky being bought for way too much. look for players who have already taken a hit and back them to bounce back. otherwise won't get to full premium this year.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:28

This is beautiful stuff, Derek. Love your work mate!

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:30

Surely some of those rookies come back for another crack shortly. But I agree some value & compromise will be needed. It always is

The Ranger · 21/04/2017 at 15:53

Hope you're right Pieman but I'm worried about Newman, really surprised he went out.
      You'd think with McVeigh still to come he might struggle to get back in.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 16:57

i was very surprised. he has a really nice left foot. with rampe missing he looked a good replacment.

RickeyRat · 21/04/2017 at 14:37

I agree try and be patient hoping Rocky,sloane,Martin and Pendles along with Bontempelli come down under 600k ,they are going to finish in the top 8 mids at the end imo.
    Does anyone think Treloar or Titch will finish as a top 8 mid i have both and have my doubts?
    Is trading Roughie for ANB a solid move or go up to Toby Greene better?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:48

Treloar still a good chance imo but I highly doubt Titch will be, if upgrading Rough I would be looking for allot better than ANB or Greene

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 15:05

will need to extend the watchlist to players who might not be in the first team picked, but their value might just be too good to resist. IE Wingard after his Round 9 bye

Rambos_Radish · 21/04/2017 at 14:41

Significant!

Muzza · 21/04/2017 at 15:48

Good stuff Derek. I tend to take more notice of you and Pieman than others.
    Incidentally, what has happened to Sarah this year. Last year she also wrote some sense. Maybe she is sick of the rants of idiots or perhaps she is keeping SC matters close to her chest?
    Anyway, I hope she is well.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 16:59

I didn't see much of sarah last year, she was around a fair bit the season before. didn't see her after jock went off the air

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 14:14

I've got stewart and Pickett on field. Oh boy.

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:33

Goodness. The gods must have really gone to town on you

Cogla13 · 22/04/2017 at 09:12

So you have locked in Picketts huge 28!

Stupid Coach · 21/04/2017 at 14:16

Love your work again Patch. Hope you have a great trip to the land of the long white clouds.
Just fell short of 2000 last week. 27 trades and $140k in the bank. My team is:
B – Doc, Shaw, Laird. Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Newman)
Mid – Danger, Treloar, Fyfe, Ward, Lloyd, Beams, PP, Parfitt (Pickett, JOM, Mountford)
R – Martin, Sandi (Strndica)
F- Roo, Dahl, Steele, Nank, Hannan, Butler (Cameron, Eddy)
Ideally would like to flick JOM but don't have enough cash to upgrade to a premo mid and there appears to be no suitable downgrade options to get rid of PP, Hannan or Eddy.
Thinking about sitting tight this week as I currently have no donuts
However, appreciate any advice from the community if you can see a possible trade.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:28

Sitting tight not a bad move at all mate! Contemplating the same thing, but would have to play Pickett onfield, which I'm not keen on. Like conserving trades, especially with that side!

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:39

Not sure how big your spuds are & you don't seem terribly impacted with round 9 bye players. But there's a bloke from Gold Coast called Brayden Fiorini (I'd take him over Matera every day of the week). On the bubble with a -9 BE & 2 game Av of 86. Nets you about 50K from JOM & some cash gen. He scored 97 last week & no one has noticed him

Stupid Coach · 22/04/2017 at 05:29

Thanks Patch and INPieman (loved your early post particularly about JOM which still has me in stitches). Fiorini is tempting and is averaging 86. Only query is JS as I note he only played two games last season and didn't appear again. Thankfully have Pickett on the pine and Parfitt and PP on the field so I could wait til next week for other rookies that might be on the bubble.

TheGreatBozza · 22/04/2017 at 07:03

He did his MCL last year so was only available towards the end of the year. The kid is a ball magnet

Stupid Coach · 22/04/2017 at 09:39

Thanks for the info Great Bozza. Very tempted to bring him in but already have Parfitt in M8 and Pickett on the pine with an E. Is there a way I can swap Pickett (DPP) with Hannan (non DPP) and still get him in for JOM or should I just leave it and do two trades (one downgrade and one upgrade) next week.

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:24

Roughy to Macrae or Hanners?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 14:25

Macrae will be a top 8 forward, who knows with Hannebery. Lock Mac in for mine

Cliffy · 21/04/2017 at 14:29

Ditto for mine.

Thomas · 21/04/2017 at 14:32

O'meara to Williamson this week (switch adams to the mids, leaves me with a 2-0-6 def structure) and SPP to Fisher next week

or

O'meara to Fisher this week or next week

which one community?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:41

Don't trade in pre-bubble rookies is your answer

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:42

I'd wait and get another look at Fischer probably but it's tough as I would be wanting JOM out

Thomas · 21/04/2017 at 16:13

I could do option 1? Bringing in Williamson who is on the bubble? Gives me 248k to paint the fence next week

Seeker · 21/04/2017 at 17:04

It's an ok-to-good move because JOM has gotta go. Plus you can paint the fence next week with more cash and probably more fallen promo options and Fisher, Long, Cox & Balic should all be on the bubble next week too. I'm considering a similar trade with Taranto to Williamson via Hibberd DPP. TT probably won't walk straight back into the GWS line up. Just fear Williamson's JS past tonight's game

Cliffy · 21/04/2017 at 14:35

Great stuff again Patch. Need some advice community, currently have 27 trades and $118,200 leftover…

DEF: Laird, Shaw, Simpson, Otten, Marchbank, Hampton (Newman, Stewart0
MID: Danger, Fyfe, JPK, TMitchell, Beams, Treloar, SPP, Parfitt (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)
RUC: Martin, Sandi (Strandica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nank, WHE, Roughead, Butler (Houston, Eddy)

Since I won't be going Eddy – Balic this week, I'm left unsure about what else I could do, Roughead might be the one thing I try to move on this week, don't think he'll be averaging 90+ for this season.

Cliffy · 21/04/2017 at 14:36

I guess the one silver lining for this week with all of the rookie carnage is I can use Newman as loophole for Hampton and Stewart, and use Barrett to loop Pickett and Parfitt (really thought Barrett would be back this week though, argh).

Jono · 21/04/2017 at 14:38

Still thinking of trading Florent to Balic and using Balic as a loop hole…I'm confident he will get more games and don't want to be in the position of double downgrading next week…one up one down

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:43

How confident can you be with a hip complaint that's short on detail? Hold fire

Shane · 21/04/2017 at 14:39

Taranto to balic and jom to zerett or hold taranto i can only jom to yeo or hold trades

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 15:47

You know Balic isn't playing right?

Jamped Boo · 21/04/2017 at 14:40

Thoughts on upgrading Taranto to Murphy?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 14:49

You missed the Murphy boat imo, look elsewhere

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 14:51

Personally I can't see Murphy keeping this up. I think it's too late to jump on him now

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:00

2017 version of AHall

Doc · 21/04/2017 at 14:54

Community, who should I trade out – Barret or Hannan
Even though Barrett is out this my gut is telling me his JS and cash generation are both going to be better than Hannan's.

Thoughts?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:27

Would go Hannan out – Barrett surely back next week if he kills the NEAFL

Lenny · 21/04/2017 at 14:59

Zerrett and Stef or Rocky and Macrae

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 16:23

Rocky and macrae for mine mate.

Lenny · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

Thanks Kyle

KSinny · 21/04/2017 at 15:02

Do I take the punt and go roughy to matera? Will give me $248,900k in the bank and his break even is -63! which will make me quite a bit of cash. Thoughts?

DO IT · 21/04/2017 at 15:07

JUST…DO IT

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 15:14

I hate every bit of the Roughy to Matera trade that people are suggesting.

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:15

As I said above, I'm not sold on Matera, even as a cash generator. I won't stop you, but against the Crows this week he'll be lucky to have 10 touches in the forward line

iLoveNMFC · 21/04/2017 at 15:02

Williamson this week or wait for Fisher next week?

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 15:14

I'd wait

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:26

Would probably wait if you can

The Coach · 21/04/2017 at 16:02

Fisher this week? #UnpopularOpinion

Northerner · 21/04/2017 at 15:05

This week is feeling like SuperCoach of old when we had only 22 trades and we had donuts on the pine as a matter of course as rookies rotated in and out. This week will sort the pack out a bit.

The rookie outs have opened up loopholes on the 3 big lines for me so you never know. Pickett: please repay the faith with 3 goals and 80pts this week and all history will be forgiven.

Doc · 21/04/2017 at 15:07

Marchbank to Yeo, Hannan to Matera or hold all trades?

Jono · 21/04/2017 at 15:09

Hold

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:14

Agree with Jono, hold.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 15:11

How did McCluggage play on the weekend.

He is on the bubble this week, worth getting in?

Patch · 21/04/2017 at 15:14

if McLuggage was 117k, we'd lock him in. At 200k, he's just a bit too much to make significant coin. Pass.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 15:18

I started the year with McGrath (instead of Otten… Oh Well). I can see McCluggage being like Mcgrath, a few 60's and then a 97.

i think his JS is very good.

redgumwon · 21/04/2017 at 15:42

Maybe a Berry might be the cheaper option at $140k and on the bubble with DDP mid/fwd?

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 16:56

already got him

NickMacMan · 21/04/2017 at 15:35

who is the best premium mid to get in for jaeger?

money not a problem and already have murph, danger, treloar, tom mitchell

Cheers

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 15:46

Pendles

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 15:48

Good problem to have! Bont, Sloane, Pendles, Rocky all good options but you'll be paying absolute premium for them.

Fyfe is still value. As is Zerrett. Wines has started well

RickeyRat · 21/04/2017 at 15:56

Sloane or Rockliff

Dnoyes · 21/04/2017 at 16:03

Hannebery. In a year where we are strapped for cash, I think you need to pick up premiums on the discount.

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:28

Rocky

LoganJosh7 · 21/04/2017 at 16:56

Sloane or fyfe

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:02

money should be a problem. don't over spend just because you have some cash in your pocket now.

if you didn't start with Fyfe, i would look at him

Cliffy · 21/04/2017 at 15:39

Worth going Roughy to Higgins or Buddy guys?

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 15:43

Buddy

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:03

Buddy looked sore last week. Is he ok?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 15:45

Buddy out of those 2

LoganJosh7 · 21/04/2017 at 16:56

Spakka · 21/04/2017 at 19:08

Lol.I'm punting higgins this week, can't believe anyone would be going to him. Can't believe i stayed with him, albeit his first 2 weeks were good but now he's dished up two steamers its go time! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

Jamie · 21/04/2017 at 15:39

Is Jack macrae a keeper? Worth moving Tom Mitchell for?

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 15:43

Yes, in the forward line. In the mids he and Titch will average similar

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:03

yes and no

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 18:06

Macrae is a keeper but not worth moving titch for

Adam · 21/04/2017 at 15:41

Thoughts on
Out: J O'Meara and M Hannan
In: Z Fisher and J Steele

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 15:45

Don't trade in pre-bubble rookies

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:26

Agreed

LoganJosh7 · 21/04/2017 at 16:55

Wait a week and go omeara to fisher if he's scores 55+

Butch · 21/04/2017 at 15:42

Thoughts on Omera & Taranto out for Fisher (or some other downgrade) and T. Lynch (GC)

Wanting to pick up Lynch while he's below $500k, have had my eyes on him as a year long premo for a while.

Seems a waste to have $500k + on the bench and I'm thinking Omera needs a season under his belt before he'll get back to the form of a few years ago

Darcy Kelly · 21/04/2017 at 16:32

I like that trade

LoganJosh7 · 21/04/2017 at 16:54

Yeah not too bad. I'm gonna hold tanto and wait a week on fisher but you're right about omeara

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 18:05

Im a lynch owner and i wouldnt expect much from him this week. Up against the crows i really dont expect much from from GC and lynch wont get many chances at goal i think. Would wait a week if you plan on bringing him in.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 18:34

After his bye would be better

The Ranger · 21/04/2017 at 15:49

Times are tough when you're loopholing Berry and Pickett…
Got Taranto onfield and Pickett on the fwd pine with an E.
If Pickett scores well (what is that anyway?! 50?!) I'll leave things as is, if not I'll swing Taranto into the mids and move Parfitt forward.
Meanwhile in the mids Barret is onfield and SPS is sitting on the pine with his E.
If SPS spuds up I'll swap Barrett for Berry. Jeez, he'd have to spud up pretty badly for that to happen.
I'm backing in SPP over SPS as Carlton are basically playing a slightly hairier version of a TAC Cup team.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:04

i have the same happening. oh my!

Moustachio · 21/04/2017 at 17:45

SPS may be a late out with soreness apparently.

tom · 21/04/2017 at 16:00

Hi guys I'm in need of some advice.

I have Hannan on field in fwd line with no bench cover and no loopholes available to cover him if he is out of the Melbourne team.

Do I take a risk and get rid of him tonight for Fisher from the Blues or do I hold him and cop a 0 if he is out?

Captain Risky · 21/04/2017 at 16:02

Fisher is MID..
    it looks like J Kennedy-Harris is coming in at expense on Hannan.

tom · 21/04/2017 at 16:13

I can swing Parfitt/Pickett to the middle when I trade Hannan but I have no way of covering Hannan with DPP.

BrownlowBoy · 21/04/2017 at 16:38

It does look as if JKH will come in for Hannan. I'm not sure if you should cop a 0 or go early on Fisher.

FCAbel · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

Go early mate

tom · 21/04/2017 at 18:04

Thanks Brownlow and Abel, Pieman or Derek what are your thoughts?

FCAbel · 21/04/2017 at 18:04

Wombat have you any news on Nemo? My understanding is he was the unsung hero in the team powell-pepper starred in. He's but a little fella but a very talented mid. Loves a tackle. Loves a goal. His js is better than many cows Imo. Always a massive risk as performance and coaches plans are behind such. Is bus just rotating them all through? My advice would be to buy on the bubble, unless you're playing a donut. In this case he may be the best option.

Fabian · 21/04/2017 at 16:01

Josh Schade shut down Riewoldt like he did Buddy?
1. It was Henry Schade
2. Collingwood played St.Kilda last week, the Saints have Geelong.

Apart from that. As insightful as always

red5 · 21/04/2017 at 16:09

Hibberd?

Whats everyone doing with Hibberd?
I was thinking of trading for Tom Williamson but no one seems to have any confidence in the guy.

Johnno · 21/04/2017 at 16:23

That's what I'm doing. Was going to do it before the rookie carnage and no reason not to now.

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:25

I'd trade to Williamson

red5 · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

Thanks guys

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:07

everyone is gun-shy of rookies now, after Newman, barrett, TT, eddy etc all getting chop after a few games…….. everyone except Otten!!!!

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 16:12

Feeling eerily calm this week amidst all the carnage.
I haven't been able to pick a VC to save myself so far this season, so this week I'm whackin it on the Doch as none of my cash league rivals have him and fair chance he'll see a bit of it tonight.
Enjoy your fush and chups in lovely NZ Patch, I think Kev will hold the fort admirably next couple weeks (another non-Doch owner I play this round).

James · 21/04/2017 at 16:12

Simpson down to Williamson

Roughead up to any premium Forward

Thoughts?

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:33

I'd go roughy down to a rookie such as butler Houston of even WHE and Simpson for premo

Saintsational · 21/04/2017 at 16:36

Missed the boat on Butler, Houston and WHE. Hold Simpson he will bounce back and hold roughead for another week or so. Shouldnt lose much/any value. Wait new rookies to emerge to downgrade to

Cold_Case · 21/04/2017 at 16:36

Why are you trading out Simpson?

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 17:10

he must mean Sam Simpson from Geelong

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:29

Don't trade simmo

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:25

WHO DO I BRING IN HANNERBERRY OR PARKER PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

FCAbel · 21/04/2017 at 16:41

Parker for me

LoganJosh7 · 21/04/2017 at 16:52

Hanners

Seeker · 21/04/2017 at 17:22

Parker I think

Spanner · 21/04/2017 at 16:28

I'm thinking about trading two of Taranto, O'Meara and Roughie (I have 190k in the bank at the moment)
What should I do?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

I'd get rid of JOM and Rough as the priority

Darcy · 21/04/2017 at 16:30

I can trade out Stewart to Williamson and then Roughy to Macrae. Should i do it wirh 26 trades remaining?

FCAbel · 21/04/2017 at 16:42

Go for it.

Alun · 21/04/2017 at 16:30

Taranto for Florini
Hampton for Williamson

Make a bit of cash and get two guys on the bubble.
What are people's thoughts?

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 17:07

Hampton has a BE of 6. I wouldn't make that trade. But I like the Fiorini lad. If TT heads to NEAFL that might be a good trade

Cogla13 · 23/04/2017 at 12:30

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Fiorini really stank it up.

Apex · 21/04/2017 at 16:33

FLORENT to WILLIAMSON
ANY ROOKIE? to ANY PREMIUM?
Tell who should be my upgrade and upgradee??

Cold_Case · 21/04/2017 at 16:39

Need to know who your rookies and what premiums you have first

Jack · 21/04/2017 at 16:33

How has better JS between Fisher and Parsons (yes I know he's suspended)?

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:26

Watch Fisher this week and then we can make a call.

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 16:35

Thoughts on Watson? Do i trade or HOLD?

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 16:40

Depends on who you would trade him to

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:47

Hold for this week

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 16:53

Hold

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 17:58

May go big on the big stage of anzac day. Id give him 1 more week mate

George · 21/04/2017 at 16:36

Is O'meara to Horlin-smith a good option? Gets me money in the bank and a more reliable on field option

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:25

you will only end up trading out GHS. + GHS hasn't shown much really.

George · 21/04/2017 at 18:15

Good point, However keen to get rid of O"Meara and no real options presenting

Rocket · 21/04/2017 at 16:38

Treloar to Rocky and O'Meara to Stef Martin swing Nank forward. Not liking any rookies at the moment.Thoughts please !

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:46

I'd go Grundy instead of step but seems like a good idea

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:24

Nope don't trade Treloar

Andy · 21/04/2017 at 16:41

Higgins to Yeo?

Sauce · 21/04/2017 at 16:45

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 16:53

Agreed Bad trade

Daniel Z · 22/04/2017 at 04:02

Like trying to get an angry mob of bees off your balls by hitting them with a hammer.

Imgonnalose · 21/04/2017 at 16:53

With balic out are people considering Williamson? I have no cover in defence and barely any cover over my whole bench

andrew · 21/04/2017 at 16:57

Rocky or Sloane

Imgonnalose · 21/04/2017 at 16:59

Rocky, in past seasons Sloane has been so inconsistent

relton · 21/04/2017 at 17:19

could say the exact same about rocky imgonnalose

Locked and Loaded · 21/04/2017 at 17:33

Sloane inconsistent!?? You serious???

RickeyRat · 21/04/2017 at 18:11

Not sure why you would class Sloane incosistent have been playing SC for years and he's a gun plus his ceiling makes him C option most weeks.

Wedge · 22/04/2017 at 07:50

Sloane since 2012 has only missed 9 games and every year his average has been above 105. Not inconsistent.

Alex · 21/04/2017 at 16:59

Is it worth going Florent to Williamson to avoid Tom Stewart on field?

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:23

but will Williamson outscore stewart?
    Stewart seems ok for a 50.

CashCows · 21/04/2017 at 17:04

For some reason I thought running with Mark Lecras was a good idea this year, thanks preseason!!
So after a terrible start to the year I feel he needs to gtfo of my team..however

Lecras against a struggling hawks lineup, means he could possibly down hill ski his way into form and…with Smitch out, means he may get some more time in the middle as darling will be the swap. I was thinking of going to Yeo playing well.. although i don't have Macrae and I still have Higgins whom i will probably stick with, more scoring potential than Lecras. 26 trades 270k. The other one is the under performing Smith in the back line, I had him as a breakout POD, just not quite there

Def: Adams, Shaw, Otten, Touhy, Wellingham, J.Smith (Newman, Hampton)
Mid: Murph,Fyfe,Tmitch,Gaff,Beams,Hall, SPP, Swallow (Fox,Barret,Picket)
Ruck: Grundy, Sandi (Cameron)
Fwd: Dahl, Nank,WHE,Higgins, Lecras,Butler( Parfitt, Eddy)

Thoughts appreciated, thanks community

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:22

Lecras has gotta go.

CashCows · 21/04/2017 at 18:13

Agree.. So in lines of preference
      Yeo, Macrae, (DPP's)
      Nroo, Tex, JJK Bud (Fwds that may go missing or break (Nroo)
      (ANB or Matera) for Cash

Leeds17 · 21/04/2017 at 18:46

Maybe too crazy and out there but Heeney? looks like conservatively you are going to have to bring in 4 forwards this over the season 3 upgrades and allowing for a injury trade think you are going to have to bring in a cheap one with the lack of cash gen around

Pawnee · 21/04/2017 at 17:07

Trade Smith to Williamson or hold?

Eskimo · 21/04/2017 at 17:16

I'd trade Smith to make money. So hard to make money. I'm not getting him however since I picked up newman and fox last week. Damn It!

Cogla13 · 22/04/2017 at 11:11

Gee, unlucky Eskimo Joe.

SF4 · 21/04/2017 at 17:20

Not a bad idea.

Joshua · 21/04/2017 at 18:14

I'm in same situation, using smith for loophole this week. Vc danger into Pendlebury. Will look at EVW in a few weeks or other rookies that pop up, not sold on Williamsons job security.

TEM · 21/04/2017 at 17:13

stewart to williamson and roughy to macrae? ive got dahlhaus, jjk and higgins as premo forwards.

Eskimo · 21/04/2017 at 17:15

What do people think Heppell will do. Thought he may be a good pod with up side, now?
Thinking of trading Heppell to jpk thinking Heppell prolly not going to be top 8 and jpk is cheap as he will be. I'm happy with rest of my mids. Just annoyed me watching Heppell running 20 meters behind the action the whole game last week and jpk gets in there.

Loz122 · 21/04/2017 at 17:17

I need help guys.. I'm new to SuperCoach this year and need to beat some work people ha
So a lot of my newbies r not playing ! Help with trades I feel I need to get rid of toranto and Roughead.. and probably Marley Williams. I have 126.4k in the bank. Suggestions would be appreciated !!

Steeeve · 21/04/2017 at 17:27

Taranto out for Balic (if you can afford to have him on the pine) and Roughead up to Buddy. Or if you can afford it Macrae/Dahl/Roo.
    Trade out Marley next week.

relton · 21/04/2017 at 17:18

who do we downgrade JOM too? he is my M7 with swallow M8 and SPP first bench..

TheLoneRanger · 21/04/2017 at 17:47

Fisher

Mickey P · 21/04/2017 at 17:20

Hi community – interesting that all concern is about cash generation and rookies not making it. So if we cant get it from rookies, why not from mid pricers?

With this in mind, what are peoples thoughts on JOM to Matera? Almost a straight swap (through DPP) and according to SC Gold, can make a quick $100k for us over the next two weeks if he scores in the 80's as predicted.

Thoughts?

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 17:40

I understand your thinking Mickey, but the issue I see with that is if/when midpricers chuck in a stinker (which they've been known to do…) their cash gen completely dries up, forcing you into another trade to get a premium. Just hold this week if you can cover JOM

Mickey P · 21/04/2017 at 17:53

Fair call Kev, just trying to think of ways to get cash – frustrating!
      Have Powell Pepper on bench for JOM, so will put the E on and see how he goes.
      Also have Houston as cover for Taranto up front, so will keep the trades I think – 28 trades left and sitting 1,200th but falling quickly

finnigin · 21/04/2017 at 18:57

im jumpin on him , prepared to take the gamble, upside outways out the down

finnigin · 21/04/2017 at 18:58

next one will be hibbert from melb in a couple of weeks

Kiwizz · 21/04/2017 at 17:25

Stewart to Williamson then Hickey to Mcrae, or Hickey to Yeo via Nank into the ruck

Kiwizz · 21/04/2017 at 17:26

To be clear the main question is 2 trades to get Mcrae or just the one for Yeo.

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 17:34

26 trades or more go with Macrae. Otherwise Yeo

Kiwizz · 21/04/2017 at 17:36

i have exactly 26 trades left…

Harro · 21/04/2017 at 17:28

Thoughts on bringing in Gaz this week. Got 570k to spend on a mid.

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 18:51

I wouldn't

Cliffy · 21/04/2017 at 17:28

Is Simpson to Doc or Adams too sideways for a trade guys? I'm worried about his changed role this season.

Sir Sam · 21/04/2017 at 17:36

I'm at a loss with what to do now that Balic is out with a hip injury. Wanted to trade Ainsworth down to Balic and then upgrade SPP to Hanners, but don't know if I should still do that or do something else now.
26 trades left, 257k in the bank. Here's the team: http://i.imgur.com/Z9n3Y3o.png
What do I do?

eskimo · 21/04/2017 at 18:45

I'd upgrade Ainsworth to Matera for the money or a chance he turns out good. Otherwise sit tight with the rest. Another rookie will turn up soon.I think could get 100k from matera and maybe a score or two. But he has no history to speak of, trouble is you have too many rookies in your forward line. I have roughy and steele but I'm happy with them cos they only need one good score to help me step up to someone more consistent.

Mark closey · 21/04/2017 at 17:40

what to do with JOM, 100k in bank, down grade or upgrade, also have Tim T, 26 trades left, really unsure, was thinking Tim t down to fish, and then upgrade to Marc Murphy, or is too late to jump on him, was thinking maybe a Cripps or Dyson heppell if not Marc Murphy, really unsure about this certain situation?

Mickey P · 21/04/2017 at 17:54

I hear you Mark, I have TT (forward) and JOM as well. Thinking of holding this week with SPP as cover for JOM and Houston for TT up front …. fingers crossed they both score well against Blues tonight, if not …. will review trades tomorrow

Mark closey · 21/04/2017 at 18:01

sounds like the idea

TheGreatBozza · 21/04/2017 at 17:47

Worth trading Omeara? Only have the cash to go down to a Fisher or possibly Fiorini. 3k bank and 29 trades. Currently have 1 playing emergency

Neverweaken · 21/04/2017 at 17:47

Yeo or tex. thinking Yeo has turned the corner this year. And very few choices for premium forwards. And DPP may be useful.

Mickey P · 21/04/2017 at 18:04

Yeo a definite possibility, but check out the numbers I posted below. Maybe history means nothing, but maybe it does?

fromms · 21/04/2017 at 17:48

JOM out Hibberd out for Fisher and Hannebery thoughts or is there anyone else worth considering.

Winter · 21/04/2017 at 18:00

Loophole Dahlhaus or Beams?

red5 · 21/04/2017 at 18:37

Murph

Winter · 21/04/2017 at 18:49

Obviously if that was an option I would've said…..

Kev · 21/04/2017 at 18:50

Dahl. In great touch

Flubber · 21/04/2017 at 18:59

dahl

Wal · 21/04/2017 at 19:08

Dollhouse

Sully321 · 21/04/2017 at 18:03

docherty or dahl as vc?

Flubber · 21/04/2017 at 18:58

I'm going Dahl

Mickey P · 21/04/2017 at 18:03

Elliot Yeo – before you trade in please consider that yeah, he may become a premium and consistent performer, but he has a track record of putting in some big games and then dropping off that should be remembered
2015 – rounds 5-8, averaged 117 over 4 games, with a 146 included – next 12 games averaged 76
2016 – rounds 13-16, averaged 100 over 4 games, next 6 games averaged 58
2017 – rounds 1-4, averaging 116 over 4 games …… what will he do next?

Yes, he could buck this trend, but is it worth the risk? Maybe ….. your call and good luck with your choice 🙂

Leeds17 · 21/04/2017 at 18:52

Devils advocate Yeo has had 4 career games at 25 disposals or more in his 84 games pre-2017, so far 2017 he's had 3 of 4 games 25+ disposals.

Jager Bombs · 21/04/2017 at 18:10

When do the Monday & Tuesday teams get announced? I thought squads would have at least dropped today.

Joshua · 21/04/2017 at 18:20

Saturday

scott · 21/04/2017 at 18:11

I know times are tough ATM, but what do people really think is it time to play safe or should we be bold, separate ourselves from the pack and do something extreme and possibly sky rocket the ranks.

iLoveNMFC · 21/04/2017 at 18:12

Trade Hannan, Pickett or Eddy?

RickeyRat · 23/04/2017 at 13:41

Off load Pickett he's arguably the worst rookie i have ever seen bring in Parsons in two weeks or Balic if he gets back in from injury,hannan also has to go .

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 18:20

Don't bring Fisher in early give him another look
We saw what happened with those who brought Hannan in after one good round, can go pear shaped quickly.
Most people in same position so if u have to play a rookie on field like Stewart so be it. Should be good for 50-60.
If it is to avoid a donut well fair enough

scott · 21/04/2017 at 18:20

whats peoples thoughts on sheil?

HB prince · 21/04/2017 at 18:22

Ok need a lot of help two losses need to trade please which of the following is the best trade:

1. Hampton to Howe

2. Hampton to Adams and Pickett to Fisher

3. Roughie to Macrae

Community i need your advice now more than ever please which is the best option

Regan · 21/04/2017 at 18:48

Option 2 will give you points and money

HB prince · 21/04/2017 at 18:57

But option 3 gets rid of Roughie and saves a trade?

jacob · 21/04/2017 at 18:22

i've got a plethora of on fielkd rookies.. marchbank, otten, hampton, SPS, SPP, WHE, butler.. and also good coverage rookies aka houston, newman, barrett that should long run inrease in value by alot, even though some arent playing this week.. should i trade out marchbank or WHE for a premo.. i have 230K in bank and could get someone good?

or wait as lots of premos have high BE, ie franklin, shaw, simpson

jacob · 21/04/2017 at 18:23

i also have taranto..

scott · 21/04/2017 at 18:25

thats what im contemplating now depends if your going for overall rank. It could be a mistake or it could pay off massively most people will be playing it safe

jacob · 21/04/2017 at 18:26

i have already traded mills to JPK this week, and could trade WHE to hannebery.. substituting houston on field for WHE?

scott · 21/04/2017 at 18:32

also hard with everyone picking up the same discounted premos hard to make ground. Im starting to look at players such as mundy only 547k. lowest score 92 only 700 ownership

Jacob · 21/04/2017 at 18:53

Ross the boss is playing Fyfe and Mundy interchangeably forward/mid the past couple of weeks which takes my eyes off having both in my side.. Mundy gonna spend more time forward, only scored well last week due to 4 goals which won't happen, can't see him averaging more than 105

scott · 21/04/2017 at 18:59

yea im not going mundy just using him as an example. another is sheil who is playing well but not sure if he will finish top 10. But also need to get away from following the trend

scott · 21/04/2017 at 19:02

always coast along finish in top 1k but no prizes for that

Limes · 21/04/2017 at 18:29

JOM to Fisher
Taranto to Macrae
Thoughts????

Regan · 21/04/2017 at 18:46

I probably wouldn't go with Mcrae

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 18:32

Another rook has arrived

Ayden Johnson to debut for port tonight
Hartlett out.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 18:42

Too many Port rooks already with their bye!!!
    Have SPP, Houston and Eddy already, need to cull them in a couple of weeks, he'd have to do well to bring him in.
    Admittedly Eddy's done sweet FA so far.

Sir Sam · 21/04/2017 at 18:34

Thoughts on upgrading SPP to Dayne Beams?

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 20:16

If you see Beams as a keeper then definite yes.

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 21/04/2017 at 18:36

Taking a punt. Taranto to Williamson via DPP and SPP to Parfitt. This takes me from 12k and 28 trades to 166k and 26 trades. Didn't pay attention when the initial cash cows were plump and missed the boat.

Expecting my unexpected 857 overall rank to start dropping pretty dramatically.

Let the good times roll!

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 18:39

Your not seriously going SPP to Parfitt???

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 21/04/2017 at 18:44

living on the edge

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 18:46

I'd suggest retaining anyone with a heartbeat right now

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 21/04/2017 at 18:47

i've already changed my mind on the SPP trade. hedski got me thinking. i'm gonna stick with Taranto to Williamson though

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 18:50

With 28 in the kit bag and that ranking must have got every other selection on field bang on.
    Do u need to do both?
    Maybe keep SPP and just do first trade.
    SPP only has a be of 41 which he should get easily tonight
    Next week if u still want to trade SPP to Fisher if the king goes alright tonight.
    Won't have lost much by waiting on SPP

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 21/04/2017 at 18:56

yeah I think I actually did okay initially. wish i had paid attention when the cash cows were ripe. i literally just forgot haha
      i'll keep SPP for now. moving Taranto onto Williams in DEF brings me up to around 145k with 27 trades so i'm going to stick with that. non playing rookies are a concern though

Flubber · 21/04/2017 at 18:51

SPP to Parfitt is a waste of a trade

finnigin · 21/04/2017 at 18:36

im takin a gamble ,, matera in for roughy,, gee whiz his uncle was a slow starter then bang , long shot but nice upside

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 18:48

Man what a player Peter Matera was. But I'm not sure the young fella is anything like him

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2017 at 18:55

Did play off the wing 2nd half last week and even attended a few Centre bounces scoring 6 clearances.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 19:31

Have a feeling Matera is the biggest trap going.

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:34

Big gamble that one, could end up being a must trade spud in 3 weeks. on the upside, you'll have made some cash on him.

joe444 · 22/04/2017 at 02:36

His uncles was not a slow starter … was a matchwinner before he'd played his tenth game.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 18:39

Hartlett late out.

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 18:49

Hartlett or Hartless?

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 19:32

Definitely not Hardarse.

tophawk · 21/04/2017 at 19:34

Hamish Harlot……..bloody useless prick. Second time in 4 rounds he is a late out. Coaches who have him will be suicidal. UNLUCKY!!

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:53

Yeah but who would have him?…seriously, the guy is more of a yoyo than yeo yeo.

Steven · 21/04/2017 at 18:42

Hibbard or tarranto to trade out?

Campbell · 21/04/2017 at 18:45

holding omeara this week and getting rid of roughy and taranto, who do i get for them.
i have 28 trades and 55k
was thinking along the lines of lynch or tex for roughy and no idea for taranto
anyone have any good trade ideas

Tim · 21/04/2017 at 19:20

Tex should dominate over next 5-6 weeks

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 19:33

I've traded Roughy but if I had JOM I'd slash him first.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 20:27

Roughie is playing….. JOM is not playing

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 20:38

Exactly

Limes · 21/04/2017 at 18:49

JOM to Fiorini???

Danners · 21/04/2017 at 21:58

If you wanted to take a big punt and nothing to lose

Spanner · 21/04/2017 at 18:56

Is Tex Walker a top 6-8 Forward?

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 19:08

Maybe. Has a nice draw coming up

Sir Sam · 21/04/2017 at 18:56

Thoughts on trading T.Mitchell for Hanners and SPP up to Beams?

Flubber · 21/04/2017 at 19:03

Hold Mitchell

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 19:06

davo · 21/04/2017 at 19:08

up to you but those trades just don't look good

Flubber · 21/04/2017 at 19:02

Houston or Butler on field?

INPieman · 21/04/2017 at 19:05

Houston vs the Blues

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 20:19

Both

Spanner · 21/04/2017 at 19:05

Is it worth going from Marchbank to Williamson this round?

davo · 21/04/2017 at 19:09

tophawk · 21/04/2017 at 19:16

Depends on how desperate you are to raise cash to use your second trade to trade up to a premo. If this is not the case, I would not bother. Marchbank has a BE of 47 and will likely generate some more cash. If you really want Williamson for cash generation, trade out another missing rookie in your team. Should be plenty to choose from this week! Cheers

Spanner · 21/04/2017 at 19:11

Which is the safer bet, Tex or Yeo

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:49

Neither of them are safe, and it's impossible to call at this stage, both could still end up mega-spuds.

joe444 · 22/04/2017 at 02:28

Neither.

The BONT · 22/04/2017 at 07:44

If you had to pick it would be Walker his got a nice fixture and Adielade are always getting the ball up foward

uDonkey · 21/04/2017 at 19:16

Newman, Barrett, Eddy, Hibberd and Strnadica are my non playing Rookies. Not gonna panic just yet, hope no more Rooks out then I'll stuff.

No trades this week gonna be strictly firm on it. Gonna wait for the rest of the rookies to fatten up and hopefully we get a good decent rookies come up soon.

Or we all stuff!!!

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 00:38

Yeah we all stuff, fo real, massiv

Spanner · 21/04/2017 at 19:16

Zac Jones to Williamson?

scott · 21/04/2017 at 19:18

Hannerbury or sheil?

scott · 21/04/2017 at 19:27

or parker? If Sydney are going to make the 8 parker and hanners are gonna have to start producing

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 19:35

Parker

Danners · 21/04/2017 at 21:59

Hannebery, was a top 10 player the last couple of seasons

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 19:27

I would keep Roughy over Matera bit too expensive and unreliable Roughy has much better J S also

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 19:35

Good luck in Piemans cash league this week Neil (hope I beat ya)

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:01

yeah will be close Sticking to the plan but its difficult Think I am 3 short of a good team Rocky A DAMS and Murphy cheers mate

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 21:24

Plans look friggin hard to stick to this year, flying by the seat of my pants mate, let's make it up as we go.
        Rocky and Adams will come in if they don't fall to pieces, Smurph…NO.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:32

agree smurth another waite

T-BILLIONS · 21/04/2017 at 19:28

Roughead to Matera
O'Merara to Murphy

OR

Roughead to R. Burton
O'Meara to Murphy

tophawk · 21/04/2017 at 19:28

I am sitting on the fence tonight. No trading. Still on 27 trades. I have Peppa pig on the bench with the E and Hibberd on the field. I have Pickett on the forward bench with the E and Taranto on the field. I will hope that Peppa goes close to a tonne tonight. That would take off significant pressure to trade this round. If Pickett pull an 80+ out of his ar-rse then the rooks will have delivered me two decent onfield scores. If they spud, then I will have to do some calculated risk trading over the weekend. Hampton on the Bench with the E and Newman on the field also. This is round is going to season defining for many coaches IMO. Good luck all.

BTW The V is going on Stefan Martin this week. Welcome to the "V"IP club!

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:06

Not what you hoped for

MarcoPolo · 21/04/2017 at 19:34

Off to a horrible start this season, needed to make some shark moves to get back in it. Spp to zerrett, and roughy to tex.

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 00:05

Better off hanging onto Roughy than going with Tex, never been a consistent SC scorer.

tophawk · 21/04/2017 at 19:39

Aidyn Johnson comes in for Hamish Harlot tonight. Oops I meant Hamish Hartlett…….. Another rookie to have a look at.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:04

Got a history of hammies blistering pace wont help his cause with them

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 20:03

This is gonna be a blood bath.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:12

why the V C on Doc hedski wish I had him though bit pricey

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 21:27

Plenty of ball down back for him, not scoring as well as i'd like, Simmos looking good to pick up soon tho.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:36

just looked at him funny enough heds 462 inviting means WHE goes but like him a lot just not his or coaches game

Aess · 21/04/2017 at 20:24

Why didnt i pick tom williamson?

Captain Risky · 21/04/2017 at 21:11

Gotta be happy with the first half! 48 if you don't mind.

Plenty of opportunities for a Cartlon defender this year .

Northernsoul74 · 21/04/2017 at 21:45

Couldn't understand why people were so into Balic and not him. Glad I brought him in.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:04

Because he might not play next week

Choppers · 21/04/2017 at 23:25

And Newman is not playing this week either, Derek. So we're all between a rock and a hard place……go figure

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:43

Everyone could see Him being another Newman or Eddy or Barrett or Taranto or Preuss or Hibberd….,,,,,,

red5 · 21/04/2017 at 23:52

So glad l traded him for hibberd
    He'll be the difference for me this week

hedski · 22/04/2017 at 00:47

Good move red, if I had Hibbo/Smith would of done the same.
      Went early on Fisher, hope he's named next week, looked good for a skinny little prick

DefyingMadness · 21/04/2017 at 20:39

Well this is what I get for fielding Houston over Butler…

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 21:49

Houston heading for a 75+ … not too bad for a rookie.. and above his projected score .. looking at a 32k+ increase.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 22:57

Houston is a top 5 rookie pick so far, gun.

Iamme · 21/04/2017 at 20:59

Traded in smurph 3 times today…luckly for me I backed out with 4 mins till lock out.

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 21:04

So you are happy with 34 pts at half time … low expectations…

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 21:51

Whoops… sorry lamme … beer goggles …

tophawk · 21/04/2017 at 21:53

Looks like the Marc Murphy bubble is ready to burst!

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:01

I doubt anyone would have bought in SMurphy this week. Everyone would have realised they had missed the boat and that a poor score wasn't far away……..

Don Drumpf · 21/04/2017 at 23:06

Bullet dodged as well, TF!!

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 21:02

Definitely trading out Pickett and SPP next week. SC spuds.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:05

Eddy would make tihis team better don't give up on him

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 21:28

Agreed

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 22:58

Dixon looks dead….. again

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 23:14

Williamson the opposite

joe444 · 22/04/2017 at 02:41

Rubbish. They'll downgrade him again soon (did you forget he is a rookie?) and have only picked him to play as a last-minute sub. He was dropped and a three goal game in the SANFL meant nothing. This 27yo is done until they are desperate.

Lazza · 21/04/2017 at 21:08

He loses points cos he is old and wears an ugly sh_te white strip.

Holty · 21/04/2017 at 21:12

Great news, my wife and 2 day old boy are back from the hospital. Bad news is i only just got home and missed trading Williamson in for spp. I really need to get my priorities in order. Lol

Captain Risky · 21/04/2017 at 21:21

Congrats! I'll have a another beer for you to celebrate.

I think as few are a bit rookie gun shy at the moment, lots wouldn't have picked him.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 21:29

Onya Holty, I'll glug a VB for the young fella.
    (get him to barrack for the cats mate, blues meh). Ha ha.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:41

yeah congrats mate you got your priors right take no notice of Hedski a Demons membership is what the young fella needs whats his name cheers and good health to all

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 22:57

Nice mate.

Choppers · 21/04/2017 at 23:28

mate, you've got your priorities 100% correct. Footy doesn't come anywhere near family…trust me.

hedski · 22/04/2017 at 00:49

True Chops, but nice to have a laugh.

Top Gun · 22/04/2017 at 09:10

Congrats. Just remember you can't trade the new addition. Lol

Iamme · 21/04/2017 at 21:23

No I said I backed out of the trade.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 21:44

Lucky it would cost you another trade when he spuds

BrownlowBoy · 21/04/2017 at 21:45

Its frustrating as a Simmo owner.

Mich · 21/04/2017 at 22:05

Picket might be the worst player ive ever seen

BrownlowBoy · 21/04/2017 at 22:10

Menadue 2.0

Youngy · 21/04/2017 at 22:10

Even worse than Vickery?

Steeeve · 21/04/2017 at 22:43

Never seen a bloke be so close to the ball and show such little interest in getting involved.

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 22:44

might be useful as a loop like hibberd or as a doorstop cant play footy

Billioux · 21/04/2017 at 22:58

Relton Roberts

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:00

Problem is he'll get played every week so ya can't loop him and no cash to be made trading him.

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:11

He just needs ONE good score!!!!!

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:13

WHEN???

gator59 · 21/04/2017 at 23:18

Zac Dawson!!!!

Derek · 22/04/2017 at 08:40

Even Zac scored a SC tonne, I think in 2007…..

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 23:19

couldn't possibly get a game on that Hibberd and Pickett dpp loops and useful kinda cuts Strd out cant have too many non players

Steeeve · 22/04/2017 at 09:00

The Menadue effect

oldmate65 · 21/04/2017 at 22:15

WHO SHOULD I START ON-FIELD???
Either take the punt on Ed VW or Hampton

Thoughts?
Cheers

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:13

Can ya loop?

SF4 · 22/04/2017 at 00:21

Same problem with EVW and Stewart and can't loop because Newman plays on Friday.

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 00:39

I thought Newman got dropped?, has that changed?

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 10:42

He meant that Newman can't be used to loop those players. Not Newman literally playing, just Sydney (he also meant Sat night!)

hedski · 22/04/2017 at 00:55

Yeah your fingered there SF4, old mate can loop Hampton and EVW with Newman tho.

Whitey · 21/04/2017 at 22:38

If you have two fwd emergencies do you get the highest score?

Thanks in advance.

Kyle · 21/04/2017 at 22:42

Lowest score if the two mate

Whitey · 21/04/2017 at 22:54

Cheers, need to decide between Houston and Butler then.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:01

Mate take the E off Butler and take Houston score.

Whitey · 21/04/2017 at 22:45

If you have two fwd emergencies do you get the highest score?

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 22:54

Nope

SF4 · 22/04/2017 at 00:20

Lowest

Kane · 22/04/2017 at 07:41

I did that last night with eddy on field and had houston and pickett on bench with emergency. I thought you git the highest dammmm. Missed out on like 40 odd points

TheGreatBozza · 21/04/2017 at 22:51

I hate hindsight. Smith to Williamson would have been good, but I worried about him pumping out 40s. Would have rather saved a trade, but well done to those who picked him

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 10:06

Smith pumping out 0's

TheGreatBozza · 22/04/2017 at 12:30

Very true. But was worried about wasting a trade. Want to nail a bang on rookie

Joe · 21/04/2017 at 22:54

To take SPP's 55, or to leave Parfitt on field?

Hubba · 21/04/2017 at 22:58

Same problem here…. im going parfitt

Hubba · 21/04/2017 at 23:01

Worst case he gets a 40 and you miss out on 10 points only….decent chance of upside all the same

Northerner · 21/04/2017 at 23:06

Tough one. I think Parfitt is a 40pt to 60pt player, but he did post the one 99. Even money call for mine

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 22:55

He actually plays ok, lots of mid time, just doesn't get the ball. More focused on crashing bodies.

I think a good score isn't far away

neil Demons Delight · 21/04/2017 at 23:20

gone next week for fisher same style

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 00:03

He doesn't play ok if he doesn't deliver a decent score, Needs to go soon or his scoring potential will stagnate.

joe444 · 22/04/2017 at 02:27

He breathes like he's dying after every contest.

Derek · 22/04/2017 at 08:38

He worries about his hair far too much

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:03

Depends where the kicks went. They might have lost him points.

Leeds17 · 21/04/2017 at 23:04

Watching the game I think his score is actually a bit generous if anything same for Doch but on raw stats I can see why you'd be a bit miffed.

Northerner · 21/04/2017 at 23:05

Those that chased Murphy's points just got exhausted! And not tagged either.

Cripps starting to look much better and will be on the watchlist. Looking forward to him taking the mantle from Dangerfield when these Carlton teenagers mature in a couple of years.

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 10:05

Handball hero. Will never be in the same league as Danger.

Mystic Mac · 21/04/2017 at 23:07

We're getting there Simmo, slowly but surely. I'll take a 91 from you at the moment..

Derek · 21/04/2017 at 23:09

He might be my first upgrade next week, should be close to bottom around $460k

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:15

Yep

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:42

Simmo always seems to get there in the end, I'll be looking to bring him in at some point, had him all last year and never regretted it.

relton · 21/04/2017 at 23:10

JOM to fiorini?? bank 60k (solid 2 games)

or

JOM to a balic or fisher next week? bank 200k (avg scores)

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:41

Balic, if he's named, Fiorini could either be a revelation or a huge mistake, I don't know which yet.

O'Meara to Balic would enable you to go another spud to a premo…or you could go spud to upcoming rookie and have a huge bank in reserve.

Justin · 21/04/2017 at 23:14

27 Trades, 212k. No defensive bench cover this week
Not sure where i'm generating cash from.
Didn't trade Hibberd to Williamson tonight. Any other thoughts this week?
Shaw, Adams, Tuohy, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, Newmann)
Pendles, Danger, JPK, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, P-Pepper, Parfitt (Barrett, Taranto, O'Meara)
Sandi, Martin (Strnadica)
Dahl, Macrae, Nank, Rough, WHE, Hannan (Eddy, Pickett)

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:38

May as well hold, and see what develops next week, and if you want to trade then, think about trading some non playing rookies, for some that can make some coin.

hedski · 21/04/2017 at 23:17

Charlie Curnow will be a player (and not just with the ladies with that mop, chicks dig the curls)

Billioux · 21/04/2017 at 23:36

Yep. Would have gone top 3 if he didnt a have small issue down Geelong way a month out from the draft

joe444 · 22/04/2017 at 02:30

Siow to put ball to foot.

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:33

Marc Murphy burned a lot of people today..I know no one expected them to win but wow, 69 points from 25 disposals and 11 marks, 5 clangers is what killed his score I think, will he turn out to be a burnman?

Kind of glad I didn't go there now.

JDP · 21/04/2017 at 23:49

The first 4 rounds I have used Superfooty through Herald Sun to get live scores. Tonight I couldn't get any.
Did anybody else have same problem??

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 00:02

Don't know cause was working up until an hour ago, but not unusual for those spuds to stuff something up, It's been unreliable and full of bugs for the last 3 years at least.

Stewie · 21/04/2017 at 23:55

Stewart or Hampton on the ground as I will loophole Marchbank with Newton any suggestions or should I just flip a coin.

Russty_ · 21/04/2017 at 23:59

If in doubt, go with the one with the higher average..works for me.

hedski · 22/04/2017 at 00:59

Hampton higher ave, Stewart scored 1 measly point more last week?
      Tough call. Hampton for me (I'm looping).

Kane · 22/04/2017 at 07:36

Please help.
I put eddy on field last night with pickett and houston both on bench with emergency. Doesnt the highest scoring of those two players gets added? For some reason it has added picketts score instead of houston.

FetusDave · 22/04/2017 at 07:39

Pretty sure it picks the lower score

Kane · 22/04/2017 at 07:42

Why would it do that? Thats so stupid.. missed out on like 50 points then. At least i know now.

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 10:00

Coz this game is all about picking the winning horse. You don't get 2 bites of the cherry unless looping.

Top Gun · 22/04/2017 at 09:20

You always gets the lowest score. Next time only click the button on one emergency.

The BONT · 22/04/2017 at 07:56

Who get the VC
J. Kennedy or Dahlhaus

Don't Blush Baby · 22/04/2017 at 10:14

The BONT

PD09 · 22/04/2017 at 08:00

Need help community…

I need to trade JOM…his knee is too big an issue.
With JOM & $91k my options are pretty limited($418k)

If I make a single trade it's either a downgrade to a non existent rookie or someone like Jack Steele.

Or I double trade JOM & Taranto ($669k kitty)
This would allow me to bring in a Yeo ($476k) or Oliver ($482k).

My problem would still be finding a rookie (mid or fwd) that would be worthwhile bringing in….

Berry has been awful, Long stunk, Balic is injured (how long is he out with this hip??) & the rest are bloody worse still

I've even looked at speculative rookies that might play later in the season eg Alex Witherden

Help me community…do I make one trade (Steele) or paint the fence with a Oliver/Yeo & shizen rookie

Rivo · 22/04/2017 at 08:18

I am in a very similar position PD. However I am looking at Hanners & Balic. Not sold on Yeo. Oliver a good call too. My other thought is on Macrae & Balic. Can't see any other rookies worth the punt.

Top Gun · 22/04/2017 at 09:22

I thought Fisher has upside even though he didn't score massively last night.

PD09 · 22/04/2017 at 12:19

Already have hanners…

Derek · 22/04/2017 at 08:35

You need to be aiming for the ultra premiums. Too early for them, need them to fall in price, although Simpson looks good for next week.

I would seriously think about JOM to McCluggage this week.

He has a pretty good JS, the lad can really play and I wouldn't be surprised if this week he shows us what he can do. He is a bit more expensive, but this year you have to pay a bit extra for the class.

Think McCluggage will be like McGrath, start slow but will deliver.

Captain Risky · 22/04/2017 at 09:40

Cripps looks to be getting better, Hanners, Macrae are the types you need.

Fisher looks OK, Balic same if he comes back in. Johnson also looks good for PA last night.

Bells E Bubb · 22/04/2017 at 08:43

If only Matera were mid eligible…
I'd prob bring him in for TT, need some cash gen but can't park that much money on my fwd line bench.

KSinny · 22/04/2017 at 08:56

Guys do I go Taylor walker or eddy betts for roughy

Crowmagnon · 22/04/2017 at 09:37

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 09:03

Any coaches prepared to take a leap of faith and inject Aaron Black into their sides this week?
He ended up with 22 disposals, 6 marks, 4 inside 50's and a goal.

Risky, but could be a nice little replacement for Tim Taranto to raise a quick $113K. I think Black has enough class and ability to hold his spot now and become a genuine cash cow rookie. No guts no glory! Thoughts?

PS Any comments suggesting to wait a few weeks need not post a reply!

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 09:04

Blacks stats above were from his game last week in the VFL.

INPieman · 22/04/2017 at 09:22

Not this week. Don't need another bloke with dodgy JS

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 09:58

Wait a few weeks

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 10:03

Hehehehe. I knew that was coming. It was just a conversation starter that one. Black not coming in this week, but will be interesting to see how he performs tomorrow. Cheers

redherringfc · 22/04/2017 at 09:14

I really want to bring S Martin in for O'meara, via dpp, but it ruins my plans of bringing Spencer in next week. I want to fully fatten up Sandilands and Witts before culling them.
If Martin comes in today Parfitt goes to bench (a big plus) but I then miss Spencer or cull my other ruck too early.

Derek · 22/04/2017 at 09:44

If you have Martin, why do you need Spencer?

Moustachio · 22/04/2017 at 09:56

Get Martin

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 10:09

Forget Spencer mate. Look for cash on other lines. Grab S Martin and your ruck combo is rock solid, and your O'meara problem will be one less hassle to worry about. And Parfitt on the bench as a little cherry on top. Cheers

redherringfc · 22/04/2017 at 10:15

Thanks, points well made. Team looks a lot better now.

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 09:59

Does anyone know the exact time the team announcements for Demons-Tigers and Pies-Bombers matches today? Hopefully BEFORE the start of today's matches? Bloody nightmare to be waiting for team announcements mid round.

Cheers

hedski · 22/04/2017 at 10:10

I think it will be either 5 or 6.30, not too sure.

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 10:23

You have got to be friggin joking! What the F is wrong with the AFL. They obviously don't endorse Supercoach with the rolling lock out concept. Of course they dont, they push the inferior AFL Fantasy concept with the FULL lock out system at the start of the first match of the round. Mid round team announcements do not impact AFL fantasy EXCEPT if you have a guy like Dustin Martin in your Fantasy midfield and he is left out because of that little groin niggle. Fantasy players will cop a nice juicy globe in their midfield and there is sweet FA they can do about it. Well done AFL! Winners all around.

neil Demons Delight · 22/04/2017 at 13:33

can u bench martin with an E

chuck-a-spekky · 22/04/2017 at 10:42

Does anyone know how Mountford is tracking at Nth?
Worth being patient and holding or trade him out for a playing rookie?

Choice · 22/04/2017 at 10:47

Went Taranto to Hannebery so next week I can go O'meara to Cripps or Heppell. Good choice? Could've gone JPK but then I couldn't afford to do the latter

Blaknight · 22/04/2017 at 11:55

Who gets my VC this weekend? Martin, Rocky, Bont or Dahl?

Crow · 22/04/2017 at 11:59

Rockliff has the biggest ceiling and has been in great form, but any of those guys couldgo big. Up to you to pick which one.

HarryO · 22/04/2017 at 12:35

is tht is s.martin i'd give him a go. doggies dont have a genuine ruckman

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 12:47

I am going Stefan Martin. But I dont have Rocky and the Bont. If I did have Rocky, I would probably give him the nod, just ahead of Martin.

Blaknight · 22/04/2017 at 13:55

I went Martin..

HarryO · 22/04/2017 at 12:24

i need to get rid of JOM and roughy i have 108k in the kitty…
what're my best options ??

ideally i'd love to trade JOM to a premo by down grading roughy to a rookie…

Stupid Coach · 22/04/2017 at 14:06

Same dilemma HarryO. Only option is Fiorini (GC). However, he is a mid price option and not a rookie so will only generate a small amount of cash. Upside is that he has a BE of -5 and averages 86 from his first two games.

neil Demons Delight · 22/04/2017 at 17:08

rage trading never works next week JOM and Roughy could ton up week both are capable.The only one who will play next week without tonning up is Pickett save

Blaknight · 22/04/2017 at 22:37

I traded both out this week, Wend Rockliff (104) and went early on Fisher (51). Just hope they dont drop Fisher next week so he can generate some great cash. Very happy with me choice so far.

ST74 · 22/04/2017 at 15:30

JOM to Fiorini (GC) and Parfitt to bench or HOLD and use JOM to paint the fence next week. Please HELP!!

Ben · 22/04/2017 at 16:59

Is swallow playing midfield?

tophawk · 22/04/2017 at 17:50

Anybody who was stupid enough to bring in Brandon Matera is mentally retarded. Perhaps that's a bit harsh, but gee whiz, if there was ever a SC trap than this was it. 22 SC points at half time. Total super spud.

Pman · 22/04/2017 at 18:07

Should I take Dalhause's 120 as VC or role the dice on Danger? Normally 125 is my minimum score to accept as VC but fear Danger might still be a bit stiff and sore from last weeks knock and may not go large. Am also thinking to put the C on JPK of Swans. Thoughts?

Top Gun · 23/04/2017 at 09:08

Danger may be tagged by Ross who has done well all year as well as getting possessions. Will be interesting. Danger may still tear Saints a new one. I went Fyfe as captain this week.

fromms · 22/04/2017 at 18:44

What are people thoughts on Dusty playing will he or wont he. My opponent has him if playing I will possible have to make a trade to get over the line if not i should be sweet.

Ben · 22/04/2017 at 19:10

Hold either way

Ryan · 22/04/2017 at 19:20

Sloane proving you don't need a pre season

RickeyRat · 23/04/2017 at 13:44

Believe someone called him incosisyent!!

Youngy · 22/04/2017 at 19:24

HIGGINS LATE OUT

Lazza · 22/04/2017 at 20:14

Hahahha hahhahaa

Stewie · 22/04/2017 at 19:43

Thanks to Russty and Hedski Stewart V Hampton to be on the ground. Hamptons 103 ill take that.

Russty_ · 22/04/2017 at 21:41

You're welcome mate, and I'm as happy as you are 🙂

Lazza · 22/04/2017 at 20:16

Sandilands wiping Goldys ass..

Youngy · 22/04/2017 at 22:41

Matera 46 SC points. Couldn't make me happier

Hawks · 23/04/2017 at 00:41

Put the VC on Fyfe (126 points), board line on taking the 126 x 2 or leaving the C on Dangerfield (averaging 126 this season).

Thoughts?

Top Gun · 23/04/2017 at 09:09

Take the points

HarryO · 23/04/2017 at 11:20

take them mate. danger got pretty beat up last week. i expect him to only score 120 anyway

HarryO · 23/04/2017 at 11:19

feel for those who got sucked into the matera hype!! hahaha just hope yeo doesnt burn me now :/

Cogla13 · 23/04/2017 at 12:38

And the Fiorini trade as well. Massive backfire on those trade ins. They were high risk so people can't really complain.

Russty_ · 24/04/2017 at 01:48