The Supercoach heroes, the villains and the DAMNED of 2018

For ruck’s sake. Get rucked. You’ve got to be rucking

kidding me.

In this very round last season, the Community sat back and marvelled as two of the game’s most powerful juggernauts, Max Gawn and Todd Goldstein, went head-to- head in an epic duel which saw both men pump out 170+ scores.

Fast forward a year and the two most prolific big men of SuperCoach 2016 returned horror totals to leave their coaches tearing their hair out.

Gawn (28 SC) did his hamstring early in the match against Geelong, while Goldstein (52 SC) didn’t even have an excuse for his deplorable performance, failing to fire a shot despite playing a full game.

Owners of Brodie Grundy (104 SC) and the Nank (107 SC) – Sandi (103 SC) – Witts (114 SC) combination would have sat back with wry smiles as they watched all of this unfolding.

The downing of Gawn ensured yours truly had another average round, returning a total of 2171 and placing me further away from the top 1000.

The Heroes

It’s been a case of no pre season, no worries for Rory Sloane (168 SC), who was been simply enormous for the Crows to start 2017, averaging 130 from his first three outings including huge tonsin the past two matches. Had a massive 24 contested touches against Port and 9 tackles.

St Kilda veterans Leigh Montagna (164 SC) and Nick Riewoldt (161 SC) both enjoyed monster performances in their win over Brissie. Leeroy is looking like a must-have premo defender while those who held onto Rooey will be giving themselves a massive pat on the back after he produced one of the great comebacks following what initially looked like a career-ending knee injury in Round 1.

Marc Murphy (158 SC) is proving to be one of the value buys of the season following a clinical exhibition in the wet during Carlton’s upset victory over Essendon, while Dustin Martin (155 SC) had 40 touches, 21 of them contested, to go with 2 goals and 15 clearances in another enormous display, which helped his side to a strong victory over West Coast. The same can be said for David Mundy (143 SC) who inspired Freo to an upset win over the reigning premiers.

Patrick Dangerfield (138 SC) and his running mate Joel Selwood (121 SC) chopped up the Demons with 73 possessions and four goals between them. Shane Mumford (137 SC) was colossal in the ruck for GWS and gathered 19 touches at 100% efficiency to go with his 33 hit outs, while Geelong big man Zac Smith (127 SC) enjoyed a sound match himself.

Marcus Bontempelli (133 SC), Brendon Goddard (131 SC), Jack Ziebell (124 SC), Andrew Gaff (123SC), Nathan Jones (123 SC) and Ollie Wines (122 SC) were arguably their side’s best players in losing teams.

Collingwood pair Scott Pendlebury (125 SC) and Taylor Adams (122 SC) continued their strong starts to 2017, as did Bulldog duo Tom Liberatore (131 SC) and Luke Dahlhaus (124 SC). If Melbourne’s Alex Neale-Bullen (127 SC) keeps displaying this sort of form we will need to sit up and take notice.

The FWD/MID, who is priced at around 317K, is currently averaging 90 SC, up from around 50 last season.

The Villains

Todd Goldstein (52 SC) owners must be getting seriously concerned after what the saw on Saturday afternoon. With Pruess in the side he split his time between ruck and forward and returned a pitiful score despite spending 88% time on ground. With Goldy’s average in losing sides unflattering and North not expected to win too many this season, there is now a realistic chance Grundy or Martin overtake him as the second best ruckman in the competition.

For about the millionth time in his career, plenty got seduced by Shaun Higgins (58 SC) only for him to turn around burn those who traded him in. At least he didn’t get injured, though. Josh J Kennedy (66 SC) and Sam Mitchell (65 SC) were both victims of a clever Richmond game plan to limit their influence and it worked to perfection.

After tonning up in the opening round, Zach Tuohy (66 SC) has been underwhelming in the two matches since and looks unlikely to finish the season as a top 8 defender. Could well be a Daniel Rich-like selection in 2017. Christian Salem (76 SC) could not back up last week’s heroics while Bernie Vince (53 SC) also had a very quiet game for the Dees.

The Redeemers

After a horror run last season, Brisbane ruckman Stefan Martin (125 SC) is reminding us all of his quality. Big Stef has enjoyed a prolific start to 2017, currently averaging 116 SC after three rounds.

Those who traded out Dan Hannebery (112 SC) might be regretting their decision after he had 31 touches and nine tackles on Friday night. He was on track for an even bigger score before a quiet last quarter.

Sydney team-mates Josh P Kennedy (107 SC) and Zak Jones (103 SC) bounced back from disappointing performances in Round 2 but it wasn’t enough to get the winless Swans over the line.

After an underwhelming outing in Round 1, Alex Rance (121 SC) has rewarded his coaches with two quality performances since to reaffirm his status as a top 8 defender candidate. Aaron Sandilands (103 SC) was instrumental in Freo’s win after a quiet outing last week, while Gary Ablett (112 SC) played a starring role in Gold Coast’s shock thrashing of Hawthorn.

Jarryd Roughead (99 SC) booted three goals for the Hawks in his best game of the season while David Swallow has atoned for missing the first round, rewarding his owners with a fine 117 SC.

The Prodigies

We are being flooded with rookies into the SuperCoach market and while many are performing like you would expect – inexperienced first-year players – there have also been some excellent little gems capable of holding down positions in our starting line ups.

Nic Newman (105 SC) tops this list and is on the bubble this week, making him an almost must-have. Newman has been compared to Heath Shaw which certainly bodes well for SC scoring and his spot in the Swans looks relatively secure after two promising performances.

After a quiet start to their AFL careers, both Sam Petrevski-Seton (114 SC) and Brandon Parfitt (99 SC) put in surprise performances, with the pair now set to make their owners some decent coin.

Adelaide’s Andy Otten (98 SC) continues to stake his claim as one of the defence rookies of the year, while Curtly Hampton (82 SC) produced his best game for the season.

Braydon Pruess (87 SC), Jake Barrett (74 SC) and Dan Houston (68 SC) are continuing to flourish, while Will Hoskin-Elliott (71 SC) was lucky he kicked the winning goal on Friday night or else he was headed for a sub-60 score, which would have been a disappointment to the thousands of coaches that traded him in.

Daniel Butler (79 SC) is providing Richmond with a real spark up forward and his owners should feel comfortable starting him on their grounds, while Sydney’s Robbie Fox (78 SC) looked a lot better in his second match and is on the bubble this week.

After excellent starts to their careers Andy McGrath (63 SC), Caleb Marchbank (56 SC), Sam Powell-Pepper (52 SC) and Will Hayward (52 SC) were quieter this week while Mitch Hannan (32 SC) has looked out of his depth after bursting on the scene with an impressive 96 in Round 1.

Debutants James Parsons (60 SC), Griffin Logue (52 SC), Todd Elton (45 SC), Sam Durdin (44 SC), Hugh McCluggage (43 SC), Harley Balic (38 SC), Jordan Dawson (32 SC), Jarrod Berry (32 SC) and Tim Smith (29 SC) will all take time to adjust to the rigors of playing at the highest level.

Kayne Turner (52 SC) and Brett Eddy (42 SC) are far too reliant on kicking goals to boost their scores, while Jack Bowles (43 SC) and Teia Miles (21 SC) continue to be underwhelming.

The Damned

Max Gawn (27 SC) is expected to out for a month minimum with a hamstring injury and needs to be traded, unless you want to be brave and play Pruess on field or swing Nankervis into the ruck.

Grundy and Stef Martin are looming as the best replacement options at this stage.

Tim Taranto (49 SC) just isn’t getting the same opportunities in a talent-stacked GWS line up that he did in the pre season and at over 200K, his owners might need to look to move him on, especially as you can be getting the same sort of output from a 123K rookie.

Josh Caddy (35 SC) either looks underdone or overweight. Whatever his issue is, you can’t be happy fleshing out 480K for a premo forward option that’s only going to gather 15 possessions from a full match. Looks the classic pre season trap at this stage.

Patience must be fast running out for Jaeger O’Meara (44 SC) owners. It was always going to take him a while to get up to speed with the modern game after two years out and he looked very ordinary against his old side.

How did you go Supercoach Round 3?

Twitter: @CarlPfeiffer9

Jock jnr · 10/04/2017 at 12:50

Marc Murphy must have?

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 13:05

I would say no. Definately wont keep up this form an gonna drop off a lot sooner or later. Probably already played his 3 best games for the year i think. For the people who took the risk and started him it payed off big time but now i think it is more just people chasing points cause my gut says he wont finnish top 10 mid.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:12

Yep. 3 weeks ago

Jimmy · 10/04/2017 at 14:57

I think he is. Even at 510k he is cheap. Sure he may not get 158 every week but why couldn't he keep up with good form. The guy has always been a jet and injuries have kept him down. Looks fantastic and will be up over 600k in no time.

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 13:03

Going gawn to nank and hibberd to newman. Leaves me with 280k in the warchest for upgrades. Figured i would move nank up forward for WHE an bring in a grundy martin or mummy depending on form closer to byes. Thoughts on this community?

Jeffreyhead · 10/04/2017 at 14:48

I like it mate. Keep an eye on any Melbourne mids you have too, gawn out for half the season potentialy

Donner · 12/04/2017 at 04:56

Not too keen on the Mummy myself, I tossed up between Grundy and Martin for a Gawn Gawn, but ended up going Martin

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:05

Highlights from the team meeting this morning at Pieman’s firing range:
Gather round lads. Right. Shocking week fellas. I’m not impressed. I’ve got 2 bullets here but I wish I had 6 to use on you pricks:
SImmo. What the bloody hell are you doing forward of centre. You’re not Buddy Franklin. Get back down defence. Get the bloody pill & find your teammates ya prick! You’re on notice
Gary. Nice comeback mate. You grew in confidence as the game went on. But I need more from ya son. Next week I want 45 touches & 4 snags
Wittsy. Why couldn’t you do that at Collingwood. Sensational son. I’m bringing you off the pine this week
Jaegar. You were supposed to shove it right up em. What the bloody hell was that. I’ll give ya one more week. But if I had 3 bullets here today you’d be copping one
Tom Stewart. Absolute rubbish Tom! You were so shit Pickett almost had twice as many ranking points as ya. Lift
Pickett. Mate at least your consistent at being shit
Hampton Otten Barett & Parfitt & Butler. Well done fellas. You put in & delivered
Nank the Tank. You’re the bloody find of the season. Keep it up son
Steele. I need more from ya son. I’m not sure on you yet. Get your ass off the bench
Taranto. I paid a lot of money for you ya prick. I’ll give ya one more but you’re on notice
Todd Bloody Goldstein. Ya rolled your ankle 2 weeks ago & I wasn’t impressed. You left the door open for a rugby player to get a gig & now he’s taken your role & your backing him up. Todd tough decisions have to be made & I’m going to have to ask you to make your way over to that stake over there & whack that blindfold on
Pruessy welcome to the team son. You look like a beast. Keep it up. Park your ass on that bench over there
Hibbo Jnr. You were pathetic in round 1 & I haven’t seen your name mentioned since. Make your way over to Todd & whack that other blindfold on
Nick Newman. Welcome to the team. I bloody love your lazer like precision. So your first task is to take this gun & put a bullet between the eyes of those useless pricks Todd & Hibbo
Now as for the rest of ya. I’ve got a lot of cash & a lot of bullets. Lift or I’ll shoot every one of you bastards!!!

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 13:18

Yep, Would love a few more bullets this week as well

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:39

I reckon I'd use 4-5 if I could this week Captain

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 15:04

And I don't have Gawn or Goldy! .. Very pleased to have started Sandiwitts with Preuss on bench and Nank Fwd.

But 4 trades would have been nice this week.
        It's funny how much priorities can change week to week. The gods certainly do make this game interesting. Hibbo has been on my bench since week 2 and has to go, would also love to punt O'meara, Hannan and Taranto too but at least they are still playing and can wait another week.

Hoping a couple of rooks make a bit more of an effort this week, I don't need anymore duds!

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 15:46

Those that started with Sandiwitts & Nankilands would be very pleased to see Gawn go down & Goldy become irrelevant. Parfitt & barett were surprises. Hope they can do it again

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:25

Mate if i had two bullets to use for my whole team, id probably use both on Jack Bowes

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:38

Some really poor scoring rookies this year. And Bowes is right up there

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:45

You jumping on Swallow this week Pieman?

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 14:38

I'd like him but other priorities. The bye is a turn off as well

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 13:38

Bit hard on Simmo pie. It was wet as.
    Though it appears the GWS rejects in Plowman and Marchbank have pushed Simmo further up the ground.
    Stewart what a time to put in a shocker. Straight to the bench Newman straight in for Smith.
    Shooting two north boys. I was gonna keep Hibberd to set up a swing with Berry next week but he was very underwhelming as was Balic.
    Williamson on the other hand looked great in the wet.

Kev · 10/04/2017 at 14:19

Fair enough it was wet, Trigger, but his change of role is concerning. Could very well be under 500k next week with another sub 80 effort. Not great for a guy a started because of his consistency.

Congrats on rolling me in the league matchup…

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 14:33

Mate I thought you pulled a winning move bringing in Newman and looping him. Genius.
        Was looking dire when I had to take Stewarts score.
        Couple of tricks in the kit bag myself. Horlin Smith to Witts absolute savior and Rough kicking 3 got me over the line. Was close all the way through

Emma · 10/04/2017 at 15:36

Yep it looks like his role has changed due to Marchbank I started Simmo as well not looking great, is a corrective trade required?

Kev · 10/04/2017 at 17:46

Temptation to swap him to Adams for 13k. Caught between my old "that's sideways trading" thinking and my preseason mantra of making aggressive moves

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 14:43

I was looking at Simmo's heat map yesterday. At one stage he was 46% forward of centre. And no doubt Marchbank & Plowman are impacting him. Hope Berry & balic can give us a reason to look at them next week. I think we already have enough 30-40 point players. Really can only get rookies that really look like they can score like Newman

Jeffreyhead · 10/04/2017 at 14:30

Funny as. Good stuff mate.
    My bullets have hit marsh and bowes, in comes newman and swallow. Bloody marsh and bowes topping out after one price increase. Psh.

Rosco · 10/04/2017 at 14:47

Ha ha, that was funny as

T bag · 10/04/2017 at 17:22

Thanks for the laugh pie. Your all over this stuff, who do u think I should get for big max? Any help appreciated.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 17:56

No Worries T Bag. Safety option I'd go Nank or Grundy if you don't have them. If your looking for an opportunity to fix some other areas with a cash injection consider Preuss or Witts. They both still have money to make & can score

Mich · 10/04/2017 at 18:03

Kade Simpsons looked absolutely lost the last 2 weeks, he was lucky to crack the ton in round 1
    He's my biggest headache at the moment, im seriously considering trading to Adams who looks very soild so far

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 19:36

He was playing more as a Mid/Wing. Even saw him at centre bounces. I didn't like it. He did look lost. Anyway I'll give him another week

Mich · 10/04/2017 at 21:11

Yeh he had no business being up that way. With a breakeven of 181 i dont think i can afford waiting another week, even though he's playing gold coast

Danners · 10/04/2017 at 21:22

Gee you're on fire today Pieman! Some of the funniest stuff I've seen. This firing range reminds me of a time about 4 years ago when Jock and the boys invited some of the Supercoach greats and did exactly what you did on a podcast. Hopefully the players are reading

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 21:57

That may have been the day Ryan Griffen met his fate at the firing range Danners. He got the double barrel shotgun that day, Rhys Mathieson style. I don't mind lending material for a good laugh

gator59 · 10/04/2017 at 22:05

Great stuff pieman.. thinking i need a gattling gun for my heap of crap..

Mudguts · 11/04/2017 at 09:49

Nice one Pieman. Amusing and incredibly accurate.

Craig · 10/04/2017 at 13:07

2311 and 2265 last 2 weeks. 17000th overall. getting in Newman and Swallow (or maybe cheaper guys) next week leaving $475000 in the bank to move on 2 premos next week. don't have gawn or any other fallen premos, your opinion. Is this a good move?

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 13:31

Newman should be a non negotiable for nearly every single coach who doesn't already have him this week. Swallow could be a very "nice to have" depending on your structures and other priorities this week. If it helps you to get an inconsistent rookie off the field then it's probably worth doing as it looks like Swallow can be counted on to score 80-100 most weeks whilst making some decent coin.

However with every midpriced acquisition there is an element of risk attached as we have seen with JOM. One spudly score and it really throws a spanner in the works for their price appreciation over the next month.

Craig · 10/04/2017 at 13:36

Do you think instead of Swallow straight to a premo my M8 is Priddis, M9 PowellPepper so premo back eg Adams

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 14:36

Already in.my team just in case I forget the game is on Thursday.
      Smith to Newman no need to phone a friend on that one. Lock and load.

Craig · 11/04/2017 at 13:23

Touey to Newman. Mountford to bont. 244000 left on bank. Projected 2311

HallyMate · 10/04/2017 at 13:12

Moved up from 150 to 62 this week, Taranto to Swallow for only 50k looks pretty tempting, what will Swallow's price be by his round 9 bye if he averages 95?

Kev · 10/04/2017 at 14:22

Around 410k

Ethan · 10/04/2017 at 13:13

O'Meara to witts via 2 dpp's or to hayward

Tyruddanaut · 10/04/2017 at 16:59

Wits isn't a keeper and is too expensive for price appreciation so Hayward

Tank · 10/04/2017 at 13:14

Having a serious think about holding Gawn, swinging the Nank into the ruck and playing another rookie on field in my forward line.
With the dominance from the bearded one we've seen in recent times, I'm sure many will use two trades on him trading him out and back in after his return.
Is this crazy talk or an option that all Gawn owners should be considering if they have the ability to do so?

FiL · 10/04/2017 at 13:19

Crazy talk. He's out for way too long.

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 13:20

Its a risk but could maybe pay off. I will be trading him tho. With a 28 in his rolling average is is gonna lose a lot of coin. Hopefully he is gone for just the 4 weeks like first said and can pick him back up at the bye rounds.

Mike · 10/04/2017 at 13:22

Ive thought about thr same thing. Vhat to do ,vhat to ,vhat to do

jez_m · 10/04/2017 at 13:30

A forward rookie won't give you the same amount of scoring output as a premium ruckman. If it was only a 2-3 week injury I'd hold, but its looking like a lot longer than that so I'd be trading and looking at a ruck which will last you the whole season. Grundy or Martin for mine.

Kev · 10/04/2017 at 14:24

600k sitting in the pine for that long is madness

Jeffreyhead · 10/04/2017 at 14:53

Most likely out for over half the season, and he's not going to pull a reiwoldt. Move him on mate, too much cash on the bench for too long.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 15:07

Just been confirmed he going to miss 12 weeks. You have to get rid of him

Jonathan · 10/04/2017 at 13:17

Do you guys recon ollie wines will be a top 10 mid by the end of the year?

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:46

possible, but risky

Steeeve · 10/04/2017 at 13:18

Goldstein has to go-stein.
Option one: Straight swap to Nick Reiwoldt via Nank swing.
Option two: Drop to rookie (Cameron) and create massive war chest then pounce on fallen premo such as Hannebry the week after.

What do you think?

JibJib · 10/04/2017 at 13:27

1, better to generate $$$ via rookies, otherwise point generation will suffer.

jez_m · 10/04/2017 at 13:33

Hold. If he stinks it up again you should still be able to sideways trade next week. North play the Dogs this week who traditionally struggle in the ruck department.

Steeeve · 10/04/2017 at 14:35

Also traditionally hold opposition ruckmen to low scores…

Tommo09 · 10/04/2017 at 13:18

Who to trade Gawn to? Thinking Nank at the moment. Maybe Witts?

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 13:25

Nank looks like the best choice atm mate. Still cheap and looks a forward keeper

JibJib · 10/04/2017 at 13:28

Grundy or Nank

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 15:02

Nank

Tristan · 10/04/2017 at 13:18

What do people think about Ryan Burton (hawks rookie)? 104 and 80 in first two games…

Craig · 10/04/2017 at 13:28

I really like him, had him in and out of my team before 1st lock out, it just came down to his price, if he keeps this average and spot in the team I would say he would have to be a good buy.

JibJib · 10/04/2017 at 13:31

What would you be getting him for? I'm assuming it's as a cash cow. If so there are much better options this week (cheaper, better scores, lower BE).

Leeds17 · 10/04/2017 at 17:14

Cheaper yes… Better scorers not so sure, up forward or back.

Jib_Jib · 10/04/2017 at 17:42

You're right, he's scored slightly better than the likes of Newman and Otten, and much better than the rest of the lambs. Newman, Otten, Hayward, Houston and Butler are all cheaper and better cash cow options though. DPP is Burton's only advantage.

However If he maintains his average for the season he'll be a very handy F6/D6.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 13:32

Finding it really hard to get F6 right.
    Tried Hannan
    Currently Tarranto who is a bit everywhere.
    Seriously considering Tarranto to Burton this week.

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 15:03

Agree Burton is just to much coin

Derek · 10/04/2017 at 13:57

if he was $40k cheaper i would consider him.

FWD/DEF SPP are very nice to have, especially if Long was to get named this week

Randomcliche2 · 11/04/2017 at 00:33

Actually, I'm regretting buying Marchy over him last week….is that too strong? He looks really good with the ball in hand. Good mark. He was a little sloppy defensively a few times being a bit far off his man. But, that doesn't really hurt your supercoach scoring….as far as I know #bontsballoon….

PS Long might be a good bullet if you had Burton regardless of being named….loophole until named.

SF4 · 10/04/2017 at 13:27

Not impressed with Goldstein. I started with a ruck duo of Grundy and Goldy thinking that it was going to be a set and forget duo until seasons end. With preuss in the side and Goldy always having some sort of niggle I've decided that I'm going to go
GOLDY> NANK.
Is it worth it, over the last couple of weeks I've been harping on to not trade premos but I feel as though goldy is an exception and that trading him for nank is fair enough.
Thoughts?, Thanks everyone.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:41

Pruess is taking far more ruck time than Goldy. Best to get rid of him now before his price crashes

Rivo · 10/04/2017 at 13:30

So many stains this weekend, 2107 and only won in one league.

Who goes first? Right now, it's 2 of these…

1. Gawn
2. Hibberd
3. O'Mera
4. Taranto.

I can swing Nank into R1 with Sandi at R2, though no ruck cover with Stnadica at R3. I have Swallow at M7 & rookie cover ok for now…

Options:

1. Gawn & Hibberd to Grundy & Newman
2. Gawn & Hibberd to Murphy & Newman
3. Gawn & O'Mera to D.Martin & McGrath
4. Gawn & Taranto to D.Martin & Newman

Community feedback appreciated as always…

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:40

1 id say. Grundy is going to be top 3 ruckman and newman on the bubble. No brainer

Dildor · 10/04/2017 at 13:41

I feel ya, serious brain buster

JibJib · 10/04/2017 at 13:49

4. Martin will out score Grundy andNewman is a must have. If you get another injury in the rucks cross that bridge when you get to it.

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 16:06

1 or 4. ruck looks weak if you dont get a proper cover. and D.Martin will easily outscore Murph this year.

LJB · 10/04/2017 at 17:15

Gawn and hibberd definitely! o'mera is still playing as well as Taranto unless he's dropped this week, Newman is a must and if you don't get him this week then you've missed the boat and holding Gawn and missing a premiums points for a round isn't worth it just depends if you want grundy/nank/Martin

Rivo · 10/04/2017 at 18:43

Can't quiet afford Dusty & Newman with Hibberd & Gawn. However, could get there with Stewart & Gawn. Wasted trade out re Stewart? Or is it better to stick with Option 1, which leaves me around $80k.

Jake.B · 10/04/2017 at 21:30

I did exactly what you have for option 1.

Rivo · 11/04/2017 at 08:01

Thanks Jake. Agree, Option 1 is the go. Ruck cover important this time of the season, so S.Martin & Newman come in this week.

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:33

Happy I grabbed the Nank last week, even if it ment dropping roughy. Team is currently looking like

Shaw, Laird, Rance, Marchbank, Hampton, Newman (T. Stewart, Hibberd)

Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Wines, Beams, JOM, SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Florent)

Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica)

Dahl, Macrae, Nankervis, Petracca, Bowes, Butler (Eddy, Pickett)

1 trade remaining this week. Any thoughts or ideas lads?

Dildor · 10/04/2017 at 13:39

Jom to swallow?

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:48

yeah was thinking that. Looking to get rid of bowes, but guess i gotta wait till forward rookie presents itself on the bubble

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 16:12

wait for selection – i doubt all of bowes, eddy and pickett will get picked if any

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 16:51

Yeah, thats where I would love to make more than 2 trades this week. Next week Ill need to find rookies to trade down to from bowes, pickett and co… high scoring rookies where you at!?

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 17:13

freo have some guns – didnt score that well but i think they will iimprove each game

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 17:52

Heres to hoping haha. Hows your squad looking ahead of this round mate?

Northernsoul74 · 10/04/2017 at 13:35

Not much talk about Hayward. Newman is a given this week but there aren't that many forward rookies on the horizon so would have thought more would considering Hayward.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 13:43

Think most people have and issues to deal with like Gawn/Goldy & then Newman front & centre for trade 2. But for what it's worth I think Hayward is good

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 13:46

If you were keen for a forward rookie this week then that's who you would be targeting obviously. Most coaches have ruck and defence issues to deal with right now so the thought of jumping on Hayward is way way WAY down the priority list.

Swallow, Murphy and NRoo are also beckoning the attention of other coaches before they sky rocket in price so Hayward is just getting lost in the noise this week especially with his mediocre 50 on the weekend.

Beezneez · 11/04/2017 at 16:38

Hayward is good – B Long (St K) and H McKay (Carl) were named as emergencies last week and could be on the horizon. Like SCAddict and INPieman stated there are more pressing issues than rookie forwards. I have Butler at F6 and can swing Parfitt down there if required. McClugage, Balic, Parsons, Durdin, Dawson and T Smith are all forward rookie options.

Elijah · 10/04/2017 at 13:38

Hey Lads, looking to trade Taranto OUT to bring IN Fox or Hayward, what are your thoughts on that community?

Mike · 10/04/2017 at 13:48

No your wasting trades

Elijah · 10/04/2017 at 14:02

after that potential i will have 26 trades left with no other major issues in my side, does that change your opinion Mike?

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 13:49

Fair call. Fox will maximise cash but I think Hayward might be better option

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 13:57

I'd only do it if TT gets dropped this week and you have no other priorities. Hayward would likely be my pick of the two but there is plenty of guesswork involved. The Swans are no too far away from getting some experienced players back (Rohan, McVeigh, Papley, Heeney) so a couple of their youngsters will probably have to make way in the next 2-3 weeks. Who that will be I have no idea but buyer beware.

AuroraBorealis?! · 10/04/2017 at 13:48

Gotta love DPP magic, allowing me to trade Gawn to the Bont

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 14:04

Having the Bont in your side is certainly a nice feeling especially with all that sweet loving CD give him each week. God help the rest of us when he actually has a monster statistical game like Treloar ha ha.

AuroraBorealis?! · 10/04/2017 at 14:31

I had him in my side most of the pre-season only to switch him to T.Mitchell last second as i thought he'd be a bit underdone, so yes it is a nice feeling getting him back

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 15:11

Bulldogs have got quite a few early games coming up too, So makes an excellent VC option.

Luke444 · 10/04/2017 at 16:56

How did you wrangle that mate. Please explain

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 17:07

At a guess he has moved Nank to the ruck when Gawn being traded, then swung a mid/fwd to the fwd line and slotted Bont in the guts.

Derek · 10/04/2017 at 17:38

yep. I traded Gawn to Newman

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 18:18

I went Witt's, Have SandiWitts Preuss and Nank fwd, Hibbo Jr to Newman no brainer. $375k in warchest for next week, Taranto up to a premo looking good.

Randomcliche2 · 11/04/2017 at 00:39

I'm thinking the same, except it will prolly be JOM up given TT never, not once in the preseason graced my sheet.

Jack · 10/04/2017 at 13:49

Bloody saint Roo. Had him traded him for JJK (10weeks early from my intentions) now I want Roo back. Is the straight trade back the wrong thing here?

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 14:15

Waste of a trade. JJK will still finish top 6. If you really want roo back find another way

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 14:16

Just think that trade would be tempting the wrath of the fantasy gods. What happens if NRoo stuffs his dodgy knees in the 1st qtr this weekend and JJK kicks a bag at home against the struggling Swans.

Would you even be able to live with yourself having to trade him back to JJK again?!

Jack · 10/04/2017 at 23:29

With GWS being so dominate, reckon trading Heater and Pickett for roo and Newman

Neverweaken · 10/04/2017 at 13:56

JOM is out for any premo mid this week. Now which one. Hanners or wait another week. Is murph the real deal?
Or straight to Dusty or Pendles? Thinking about Cotchin as well.

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 14:04

If youre gonna go ultra premo id go martin or bont, pendles not bad either

John James · 10/04/2017 at 14:42

Yes JOM has to go,I'm tossing up between Dusty as a premo trade or Swallow as a stepping stone to a premo,who I can have on the field with a bit of confidence.

Micky_B · 10/04/2017 at 14:00

Who will score most this week out of hampton, spp and omeara?

Dice · 10/04/2017 at 14:56

O'Meara

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 14:58

You would expect it to be JOM to score the most followed by SPP and then Hampton, based on what we have seen so far.

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 15:06

Don't no until the game finishes but you would hope Omeara

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 16:21

o'meara

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 16:37

Hampton.

Randomcliche2 · 11/04/2017 at 00:42

I'm with Hedski on this one…Hampton named in center again, getting better each week. JOM looks like he needs a week off, but then so did many of team mates.

Beezneez · 11/04/2017 at 16:40

The one with the most points at the end of the round.

sharmanism · 10/04/2017 at 14:03

Thoughts on Dusty, Murphy or Bont in for Gawn (using DPP)?

I'm thinking Murphy as it will leave me with more cash in the kitty for future upgrades.

Will be moving Nank from my forward line into ruck leaving me with Nanklands ruck line.

Will be bringing Newman in too. Not sure whether that will be for Pickett, Tarranto or Hibberd (although not earning $$$ DPP is handy)

John James · 10/04/2017 at 14:36

Dusty or Bont for Gawn,they will be keepers and I'd trade out Hibberd for Newman at least the other two are still making a little cash.

Also Carlos · 10/04/2017 at 14:58

I went for Murphy in for O'Meara and Witts in for Gawn – both about cash generation at this stage of the season. Although bringing in Dusty for the clash against the terrible Lions outfit and slapping the Loophole on him for Danger's game on Monday also seems very tempting!

judd0 · 11/04/2017 at 08:30

I've gone Dusty in, Gawn out via Nank and Pickett swing.
    I like it, he's expensive but there's a reason for that.

Tyler · 10/04/2017 at 14:15

What do I do with kade Simpson didn't go under 84 last year and two scores under that ?

Steeeve · 10/04/2017 at 14:37

You hold him. Will be top 8 defender.

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 15:07

Agree I have him and will be holding

Derek · 10/04/2017 at 17:36

do what everyone did when Hanners had two sub-par scores… dump him

Moustachio · 10/04/2017 at 17:48

You will donate him to me for cheap in a couple of rounds, I will swap you one Tuohy

Winter · 10/04/2017 at 14:18

What's Robbie Fox's job security like?
Need to downgrade Hibberd to him to be able to bring in Newman for Smith.
Doing this gets rid of my loophole options though providing Pickett isn't dropped…

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 14:56

The only 2 at the swans that have good JS would be Newman and Florent. Swans having a shocking start and will try and bring back the guns as soon as possible. Involving Heeney, Papley, McVeigh, Rampe and Tippett. I would expect for some of the youngsters to be dropped.

Ojas Patil · 10/04/2017 at 14:25

Gawn to Murphy? Using a combination of dpp's involving switching nank to ruck?

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 14:53

Instead of bringing in Murphy try and bring in a super premo such as Pendles, Bont, JPK or the likes. Murphy may begin to cop a tag and soon his scoring or body will fail the people who trade him in this early.

nicko pryse · 10/04/2017 at 19:02

i reckon you HOLD gawn buddy

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 19:21

???? 3 months.

jez_m · 11/04/2017 at 08:40

Forget holding Gawn, that's just silly.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:04

Forget Murphy.

judd0 · 11/04/2017 at 08:28

I've brought in Dusty using the same thinking.
    I don't think Murphy can keep this up, he is however still cheap. Depending on what your Mids already look like it may be a good idea.
    I have to many fringe mid picks already: Fyfe, Oliver, Cripps, Treolar, O'meara (Not even fringe)
    Needed to bring in a super premo.

TEM · 10/04/2017 at 14:29

martin or grundy for gawn?

Saundo · 10/04/2017 at 14:40

I'm going Grundy, only cause Martin screwed me last year !

Northernsoul74 · 10/04/2017 at 14:44

Grundy for me.

redgumwon · 10/04/2017 at 18:28

Martin for me if Archie doesn't get picked

Boltons Blues · 10/04/2017 at 14:36

JOM gets the bullet this week, straight to Swallow and then Smith from Melbourne to Newman, leaves that stain Stewart on the bench, swing Taranto to the mid so i dont have to field another stain and that moves Butler to the field, who has done well but i think once Richmond falls off, he falls off, they should win their next 2 but its Richmond, so 9th is almost locked in already

Steeeve · 10/04/2017 at 14:37

Lesson learned, move on, long season yet.

Tyruddanaut · 10/04/2017 at 14:46

Is this the week to jump on Marc Murphy at all costs. A proven performer who by far trumps all the players on his team SC wise. As said the buy of the season, second top player off 3 games and only at 501k. Anyone who still has someone like touhy maybe lynch or other poor performers can get this raging gun for 200k less than he is scoring. Projected to go up 50k this week if he scores 120. After that he is gone to us and we have lost our chance. Will we regret not picking him up and "wasting our trades" from other premiums who should be keepers. But even the ad says for SC, loyalty is for losers. Murphy is garunteed to be in lots of the top teams this year for what he gives. I say we should get him in. One trade now, possibly two, could get us a ton of points in the long run. If we don't will we regret it?? I think so!

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 15:13

History says it won't last….

Mog · 10/04/2017 at 15:16

I'm hearing you. Had the finger on the trade button last week but was talked out of it by the community. Ended up bringing in WHE and Marchbank instead. This also required me holding onto JOM and off loading Roughie. Not by best trading week based on this weeks scores. I would need to burn two trades and all cash on hand to bring in MM this week in addition to must have Newman. Will certainly consider but many still feel MM is not the keeper he currently looks to be. At this stage I will probably let him go like I did Rockcliff last year when he was a risky bargain. Hoping for a different result this year.

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 16:39

Man crush alert

Derek · 10/04/2017 at 17:35

i think you should have got him last week

Tyruddanaut · 10/04/2017 at 18:01

Last week got in Oliver and Nank… I think he is still good for 501

Luke444 · 10/04/2017 at 18:06

I reckon your mad. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts getting tagged again. He struggles with a tag and will start pumping out 90''s again

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:12

Stopped reading at 'As said the buy of the season'

It's been 3 rounds.

Daizy · 10/04/2017 at 20:53

Stop chasing last weeks points.
    Ship has sailed

Jimmy · 11/04/2017 at 14:25

I actually completely agree with you. Even if he let's say quietens off and scores 90 this week and 90 the following week, he will be at 600k and you could straight swap him for proven premium. If however he still keeps pumping massive scores then you are laughing. I'm bringing him in.

Jimmy · 10/04/2017 at 15:00

Getting rid of Roughy and O'meara for Murphy and Butler!! Sure they've gone up already but still good value. Roughy is a bit stiff but sometimes in war there are innocent casualties

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:10

I think you've missed Butler and Roughy just got a 100.

Get ready to receive the wrath of the supercoach gods.

Jimmy · 11/04/2017 at 13:18

I don't feel like I have missed the boat on Butler as he has gone up but he is a fwd rookie averaging 80. All these other guys are averaging 40. It was the only way I could free up money to get rid of O'Meara for someone decent. I usually wouldn't do a trade like this but cannot stand that one legged pretty boy

Danners · 10/04/2017 at 21:24

Missed the boat on Butler, your not alone on that one. Save the $90k and get a rookie on the bubble. With Murphy, you've missed the boat as well

Jimmy · 11/04/2017 at 13:20

Not sure how I've missed the boat on Murph. Sure he has already gone up but at that price he is still cheap.

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 15:07

So many PRIORITIES……. only 2 Trades…..

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 15:24

Can relate to that

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 15:19

Not happy with Neale averaging under 100 for plenty of coin. I know a sideways trade is a waste of a trade but am salivating to bring Dusty in. Thoughts community?

Steeeve · 10/04/2017 at 15:31

Chasing the car. It's a nice car. But the car you already have is nice too.

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 16:15

But a ferrari is much better than a Ford. Lol.

Moustachio · 11/04/2017 at 08:37

If Dusty isn't a Holden Commodore, I don't know who is.

Blaknight · 11/04/2017 at 09:49

He's a Datsun 180B

LoganJosh7 · 10/04/2017 at 17:19

if not injured dont do it

BloodyFranklin · 10/04/2017 at 15:21

Gawn out for 3 months?

Paulie8414 · 10/04/2017 at 15:22

Newman for marchbank or Stewart?

Touk tuk · 10/04/2017 at 15:34

Stewart

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 15:38

Stewart

Michael · 10/04/2017 at 15:28

I'm going Gawn to nank should I either go

Omeara/Taranto out for Newman or jake Lloyd
I have 2-0-6 defence so I think I need to strengthen it..
If I am to get Lloyd in who should I get rid of I have Taranto in the forward line or omearA

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 15:30

Have Goldstein and he is being moved on.
GOLDSTEIN>WITTS
PICKETT>NANK
In doing this I will be left with 27 trades and 47k in the bank with Witts as my R2 and Grundy as my R1.

How does this sound? Thanks.

BzBman8 · 10/04/2017 at 16:10

Sounds solid to me mate.

Ja191 · 10/04/2017 at 15:31

is Marchbank for Otten on field a good idea?

Touk tuk · 10/04/2017 at 15:35

Touk tuk · 10/04/2017 at 15:36

JOM out Swallow in

Stewart out Newman in

Thoughts community?

Micky_B · 10/04/2017 at 16:29

Im thinking very similar

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 17:44

Solid trades.

I would consider holding Omeara

Swallows bye is a concern

FEARTHEBEARD · 10/04/2017 at 15:38

Gawn – Preuss
Smith – Newman

Witts was on bench so comes into R2.

Preuss on bench making some cash and cover…

405K in the bank. JOM gone next week for Bont/Dusty

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 15:48

Doing the same thing but with Goldy. The bank is awesome & Pruess looks like a good cow now

red5 · 10/04/2017 at 16:30

me too

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 17:50

They will probably be my trades as well.

But I am concerned with the 400k in bank

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:38

You can keep Gawn if you are concerned with having cash.

FCAbel · 10/04/2017 at 18:13

Great trades

Krups · 10/04/2017 at 15:50

Tuhoy to Adams
Omera to Otten via dpp

Micky_B · 10/04/2017 at 16:29

I like it

Millsy · 10/04/2017 at 20:01

Solid. Adams and Otten looking like 2 must haves in the back line, one as a keeper and one for cash gen.

JyeDie · 10/04/2017 at 15:57

Going Smith to Newman as a no brainer
and then can either go:
Gawn to Grundy
Omeara to Swallow and wait a week on trading Gawn with cover through Nank.
Don't know as want to get rid of Omeara as I haven't been liking his game whereas Swallow seems to be blasting.
Which one does anyone think?

Micky_B · 10/04/2017 at 16:28

Id hold omeara for 1 more week because his breakeven is 58 and he should go up in price and stay above swallow for another week. Then u can decide based on one more game. Not sure about gawn as i dont have him but if u have nank and a sandi or witts then use some dpp to get a premo elsewhere.

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:08

Not sure I agree – if he does the O'Meara -> Swallow next week, it'll cost him an extra 40-50k.
      JOM projected to go up 3k, Swallow projected to go up 45k.

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 16:38

Gawn out for 3 mths not worth covering.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 15:57

That's got to hurt

Redd · 10/04/2017 at 16:22

The site of TTs name on my team sheet makes me furious what a flog problem is ive also got paddy ryder probs gone for 2 no ruck cover with strndica loop hole on the bench and JOM the super spud in the middle with mr potato head himself Matt Crouch and Tom cant get a kick Stewart down back absolutely wrecked my start to the year gonna take some serious work to get out of this hole. Ive got eddy and pickett on the bench up front Parfitt Barett and Mountford in the mid and hibberd n hampton on the bench down back obviously sub hampton for stewart as i cant let him take the field again but guys i need some advice please. Downgrade Ryder to Witts but then not sure what my next move should be.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 16:25

Your in more shit than a werribbee duck

Mystic Mac · 10/04/2017 at 16:41

Grab a bible and pray to the gods Redd

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 17:23

Post your team & cash in bank, see what the community can come up with

MRP · 10/04/2017 at 16:40

Oh and Ryder slapped with a one match ban, ooohhh significant folks, im flopping the plums out and going CHOP, with the round 9 bye he'll be only playing 4 out of the next 6 weeks, on ya bike mate.

dwhits · 10/04/2017 at 20:20

I'll be doing the same thing mate, has annoyed me ever since I picked him. Who you bringing in for him?

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 16:43

Surprised Paddy Ryder only got one week for his hit on Riley Knight. Anyone else think he would get 2 or 3 weeks?

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 17:18

I thought he'd get 2 minimum

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 17:34

never gone up before I guess they took that into account pretty clean record.

Millsy · 10/04/2017 at 20:30

Just watched it, very surprised considering Lewis and Hogan got 3 and 2 weeks respectively. MRP can chow down on my bag of Nobbys.

LIAM · 10/04/2017 at 16:53

Trade luke PARKER for the Bont, Sloane or Rockliff??

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 17:09

Hold.

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 17:14

Hold. He will come good when Swans get back some players soon.

Saundo · 10/04/2017 at 17:20

The Bont foresure

Youngy · 10/04/2017 at 17:43

Hold.

FCAbel · 10/04/2017 at 18:17

Bont in answer to your question. I have Parker and will hold. Champion. Just about to turn around form.

Liam · 10/04/2017 at 19:19

He's price is going down though then won't be able to afford the others

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 19:52

Get them later when your rookies generate cash, can't have them all straight up.

Danners · 10/04/2017 at 21:26

I have him as well, but HOLD. They haven't won a game yet which doesn't help

DavidSA · 10/04/2017 at 17:00

Plowman a worthy D8 357k @ 95 avg playing parts through the middle looking good to me
What everyone else reckon?

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 17:13

Will he make enough $$$ prior to the byes? Awkward price for SC.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 17:17

Bit expensive for a D8 I would have thought

DavidSA · 10/04/2017 at 17:19

Crap was thinking of midfielders when I wrote that I meant D6 sorry fella's

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 18:17

Ballsy. I did like the look of him. Not something I'd entertain

FCAbel · 10/04/2017 at 18:18

He looks good. We should have picked him up last week. Maybe to pricey now.

Danners · 10/04/2017 at 21:27

Been known as a lockdown defender from my beliefs over the years. $350k is a bit too much

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 17:21

Anyone know what Stewarts JS is like?

Cheers

bob the builder · 10/04/2017 at 17:36

should still be solid they don't really have any big names to come back in

Carl from Coldstream · 10/04/2017 at 23:07

Will depend on how long they persist with Harry Talyor up forward. Kick a bag H!

mark · 10/04/2017 at 17:23

Hey guys which option is the best? Also holding goldy is not an option he is cooked
1. Goldy to stef martin
2. Goldy to nick riewolt switching nank into ruck
3. Goldy to bont via ddp (this will leave me with WHE butler and housten on field and spp on the bench)

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 17:25

I like #2

Millsy · 10/04/2017 at 19:59

I'd go #2. As much as Bont is looking like a must have, WHE Butler and Houston is very thin in the FWD line. I traded Riewoldt after his injury, now wishing I'd held on!

mark · 10/04/2017 at 20:34

Thanks fellas i agree

DavidSA · 10/04/2017 at 17:24

Plowman a worthy D6 357k @ 95 avg playing parts through the middle looking good to me
What everyone else reckon?

If he can avg 91-96 for rest of season I would think that is worthy of D6
Re-posted cause I said D8 sry

bob the builder · 10/04/2017 at 17:37

He won't average 91-96, enough said

DavidSA · 10/04/2017 at 17:53

Fair call ty mate

Rick Grimes · 10/04/2017 at 17:49

Think I'll move TT Boy to Swallow. Plus Newman for Spud Stewart.

BIGBOY · 10/04/2017 at 17:54

Must bring in Newman must have… Pickett gone, no cash in the bloke. Moved From 12th to 1st this week

Top Gun · 10/04/2017 at 18:01

Exciting. Good luck.

BIGBOY · 10/04/2017 at 18:07

Thanks it's a long season though

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 18:18

Awesome Bigboy. Well done mate

Moustachio · 11/04/2017 at 08:54

Solid work bigboy, keep the seat warm for me.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 18:02

with Griffen out for 10 and setterfield suffering the same injury so out for ten and with cogs and co not ready looks like Tarranto is safe as houses for the moment.

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 18:22

Also has a BE of 9. Even Pickett can make that. Whilst he has been frustrating there's no need to get rid of him this week at very least

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 18:53

What's his avg?
      60 I wanted a bit more out of him as he was over 200k but wanted a bit more out of most rooks.

Beggars can't get choosers I guess.
      What's broomhead like pie?
      Worth bringing in at $185k?
      Need some cover for Ryder unless I just bite the bullet and straight swap for Nank?

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 19:34

Yeah Trig I'd take this opportunity to get the Nank in and p1ss Ryder off. I just think Paddy is going to annoy you more than reward you most weeks and this suspension is just one of the many ways he will find to infuriate his owners. Nank is still great value and a very likely top forward i.e keeper.

As far as TT goes he's been a disappointment no doubt. Most coaches will probably only get $50-75K out of him if that, as many won't be patient to stick it out for even $75-125K that could take a couple of months at least, even if he keeps his spot in the side.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 21:37

I started Ryder as a lone wolf ruckman, he has been good not great as he has kept his value.
          It was him or Nank who was unproven.
          Nank has been great, was worried about who he faced in coming weeks being gawn and goldy but now likely to be spencer and pruess.
          Also planned to go witts to gawn on his bye but gawn is gonna be out for longer and now i have both Ryder and witts with a bye rd 9. So nank makes sense now.
          If u see him as a keeper will probably pull the trigger as everyone else has him and haven't lost anything with a straight trade across

INPieman · 10/04/2017 at 19:44

Broomhead is very highly rated at the Pies. But he could also break 6 bones getting out of the shower. Never seen him get a real run at it. Risky that's for sure. But he's very talented. If I had Ryder & no Nank then this presents as great opportunity to get rid of Ryder. I've had Ryder before & he's frustrating as SCA mentioned

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 19:19

Yep, This should help his scoring.

Dac Zawson · 10/04/2017 at 18:05

The amount of posts on this page about the trading of premiums after they haven't scored overly well in the first 3 rounds is doing my head in. "Who should I trade Parker/Simpson/Treloar/Shaw/Neale/Gray/Cripps/Ward/Lynch etc. for?"

Take a look back to the first three rounds last season, after the same period of time last year:

• Nick Riewoldt was averaging 73.3. He finished the season with an average of 101. +27.7
• Scott Pendlebury was averaging 100.3. He finished the season averaging 118.68. +18.38
• Marcus Bontempelli was averaging 85.3. He finished the season averaging 108.65. +23.35
• Rory Sloane was averaging 89.7. He finished the season averaging 108.22. +18.52

By the end of the season all 4 players were in the Top 12 for their position.
Yes, you may notice a slight change of position, different coaching tactic etc. but a larger sample size is necessary to judge if they are good enough to be Top 12 player in their position at seasons end.

Feel free to put forward any thoughts you have.

Alex · 10/04/2017 at 18:54

No don't tell them this!!! Let them fuk up their teams, that's how I get in the top 1000!!

Russ in W.A · 11/04/2017 at 00:18

Haha

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:22

Yeah, I traded out Sloane after his first two shit games. If I hadn't had rookie issues, I would have probably sideways traded Selwood as well. KEEP YOUR PREMIUMS!

Mitch · 10/04/2017 at 18:15

Thoughts in Swallow?
Will he keep up the 100 Avg?

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 18:25

maybe not 100, but if he stays fit then 80+ for sure id think

Hooksjpg · 10/04/2017 at 19:04

I don't think he will drop below 90. Look to upgrade once his break even goes up. Currently @ -41.

Derek · 10/04/2017 at 18:23

seriously thinking about Mummy for Gawn.

he is up against Lobbe this weekend is almost enough convincing

swans, dogs and saints after that. nice run

TBone · 10/04/2017 at 19:03

Id do it, Mummy will go big on all those teams

Millsy · 10/04/2017 at 19:55

Mummy looking like he could be ramping up into some form…..

69 v Adelaide
      97 v GC
      137 v North

Would have thought the North game would have been the toughest out of the lot vs Goldy and Pruess

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:24

Next game should be 189 if the trend continues 😛

He is a good option but I think might concern some with injury issues (2014-2015 if I recall correctly).

Top hawk · 10/04/2017 at 20:50

I would consider Stefan Martin if he stays a lone wolf. The bloke is consistent and never gets injured. Mummy tends to get injured which makes him inconsistent. Just my take. Cheers

redgumwon · 10/04/2017 at 20:57

I'm thinking of going to Martin. Looks like he's playing one out this year and back to form. Only risk is Archie. Mummy started slow and looks to have found some form for now. He's also a very big injury risk. Think I'd go Martin, Grundy, Nank or Witts before mummy

Gogz · 10/04/2017 at 18:58

Is it too early to jump off JOM and Caddy?
Looking to go JOM & Caddy to Murphy and WHE this week. Didn't have the room to get WHE last week.
Thoughts much appreciated!

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 19:14

Assuming you don't have any ruck issues and already have Newman then yes absolutely you could deal with both Caddy and JOM. Neither will likely be keepers and Caddy in particular looks like he will continue to leak cash. You could do that Smurph/WHE plan but it's far from optimal having missed out on over $150K in cash generation the past week so you would be somewhat chasing Crouching's rickshaw if you were to go that route.

So you may better served going straight down to a cheap ass rookie like say Hayward and up to an ultra premo with the other trade. That's exactly what I'll be doing myself with Tuohy ->Newman and then JOM -> Bont. I could stuff around with a Swallow or Smurph type but why risk it when you can get in a rolled gold ultra premo like the Bont. Neither Swallow nor Smurph have been durable in recent times either so I would be avoiding that risk as well.

Gogz · 10/04/2017 at 19:26

Thanks for taking the time to comment!
      Current midfield:
      Danger, JPK, Bont, Priddis, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, JOM. I like the idea of not paying for WHE. I Don't have any ruck issues and I have Newman and basically all must have rookies bar WHE. I think Murphy's price is very seductive and definitely wish I started with him and not Beams (being a Carlton supporter i try not to be bias!)
      Thanks again

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 19:45

If you are keen to get on Smurph don't let me or anyone else dampen your enthusiasm. After all it's your team and there is nothing better than getting a guy in and watching him smash each weekend particularly for a side that you follow. Besides you already have the Bont you lucky bastard ha ha!

Gogz · 10/04/2017 at 21:01

Thanks again mate!

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:46

Too late on WHE.

Possibly too late on Murphy, up to you.

Randomcliche2 · 11/04/2017 at 01:40

WHE has a tough run mate, now a genuine mid pricer, I'd steer clear. Ryan Burnton for mine at a similar price point, but Hayward better.

Cliffy · 10/04/2017 at 19:01

I, too am dealing with the Gawn conundrum this week. I was really keen on having Nank at R1 (moving him to that position via Strandica DPP), and placing Gawn on the bench for a few weeks, but that doesn't appear to be a viable option anymore.

My first trade should be as simple as possible in going J.Smith – Newman, then as for Gawn with my second trade I'm either leaning towards the path of trading in a ruckman with similar scoring capacity/capability as Gawn (Martin, Grundy, Mumford, …) or the riskier path is to go for Witts for a huge cash grab.

What do you reckon guys? Leaning more towards trading in a like-for-like ruck at this stage, as I'll still generate some decent cash (just a little less than option 2).

Cliffy · 10/04/2017 at 19:02

*decent cash and not lower the scoring potential of my squad.

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 20:47

My rucks have been nank and witt s from the start……go witts

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:51

I have Nank, Sandilands and Witts and have not even entertained the thought of a premium priced ruck.

Those three players combined have increased around 180K in value.

Maybe you should look at Preuss? Although lone wolf ruckmen are superior.

Hooksjpg · 10/04/2017 at 19:03

Thought on P. Ryder and M.Crouch think I should hold for now?
They're the only ones in my team I'm even considering trading.

Also in regards to this weeks trades I still have D. Mountford should I still be trying to get my rookies right?

JEL · 10/04/2017 at 19:21

So did I.
If I had my time again I would have kept the Roo, but it's early days and it may still work out..
Dumping Hanners opened up a number of options so I sleep well at night with that trade.

meph · 10/04/2017 at 19:58

I traded both as well. Not losing any sleep over hanners yet and also roo couldve been long term. Problem is I also have the Gawn problem to deal with now :/

JamiesNinjas13 · 11/04/2017 at 13:03

Dumping Hanners might have opened up a number of options but it decrease your trades by one…..

NutSack · 10/04/2017 at 19:25

I just realised how boring SC is when you dont need to trade. No wonder Crouching has so much BANG BANG fun. I only needed 1 trade last week and will trade in Newman in DEF for the hell of it this week….. First time I have never needed 4 trades after weeks 2 and 3. 2300 last 2 weeks and 2200 round 1.

Suttoo · 10/04/2017 at 19:46

View my team my team name is Yes I Can Mexican ranked 40 in supercoach

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:13

10 Mid pricers including Murph/Beams etc. Nice Job.

Could see some of those guys falling off but it's an awesome start good luck.

dwhits · 10/04/2017 at 19:51

What's everyone doing with Mr O'Meara?

Gogz · 10/04/2017 at 21:01

Flick!!

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:11

Keeping or going straight to a real premo with my large bank of 699K.

Premo would be Martin, Bont, Pendles or Sloane. (Already have Danger/Rock/Fyfe/Oliver/Beams/Treloar)

Players like Wines and Murphy are not being considered in the slightest.

Matze · 10/04/2017 at 21:26

Out for Newman via dpp with Gawn down to nank to free up cash to go picket to Bont or dusty next week

Rocksta · 10/04/2017 at 21:43

I did the exact same thing to free up cash to upgrade to a premo or 2 next week.

Millsy · 10/04/2017 at 19:52

Currently considering getting Witts into my team, can do this 2 ways…….28 trades left and 77k in the bank.

1. Taranto out, Nank to Fwd, Witts in. Woud leave me with sweet FA $$.

or

2. JOM out, swing Taranto to Mid, Nank to Fwd, Witts in. Would leave about 115k in the bank.

JOM BE is 58, if he has another game like the one just gone he could go backwards pretty fast. But he does have the potential to smash that BE.

Taranto BE is 9, and projected to make another 20k this week if scores 56. Unlikely he will go backwards at least for the next couple of weeks.

Have only done 2 trades this year, NRoo to Buddy (which I now regret!) and Newman in this week for Pickett via Hibberd DPP swing.

Thoughts appreciated community!

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:07

Tough call, and you should make it yourself.

Vicki · 10/04/2017 at 20:00

Thoughts please; I'm a first year SuperCoach player so would love to hear your ideas.

Option 1: Gawn to Bont. Meaning a Nank/Sandi ruck combo also meaning Taranto & Butler on field in the forwards and Swallow at M8 and SPP & SPS on the mids bench. Is this to much $ to have tied up on your bench.

Option 2: Gawn to Roo. This means a Nank/Sandi ruck combo.

Option 3: Gawn to Grundy. This means a Grundy/Sandi ruck combo Leaves Nank in the forwards.

Thank you community.

Valens_FC · 10/04/2017 at 21:27

I like the Roo move as he is set to increase in value and almost certain to be a top 6 fwd. you can move Nank back to the forward line later when u upgrade one of your forward cash cows to a premo ruck. Don't think it's totally clear yet who the premo rucks will be so parking nank there is a decent move.

Vicki · 10/04/2017 at 23:16

Thanks Valens. I think I might go with this. I already had roo week 1 but traded him out as I thought he was going to be out for at least 4 weeks.

Valens_FC · 11/04/2017 at 10:42

Ouch – didn't realise you had him previously. It's a difficult mental barrier to trade a player back in, but if it's the right play then it's the right play! In this case, both Roo and St Kilda indicated he would be out for 4-6 weeks and there was nothing to suggest he would miss only one game. All those coaches who had him can feel pretty hard done by. Just have to hope the SC gods show you kindness next time!

Valens_FC · 11/04/2017 at 10:42

Blaknight · 10/04/2017 at 20:08

Martinlands.. so happy with my decision right now. 630 between them.

Top hawk · 10/04/2017 at 20:53

Hear hear.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:05

Wittlandervis says hi.

Total points 921.

Total investment $892,200

Total profit (roughly) 180K.

Blaknight · 10/04/2017 at 21:46

Ive also got Nank too

Total points 975.

Total investment $1,162,600

Total profit $132,000.

But i think all 3 will be in my team at the end.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:38

Happy days!

Karma'sabitch · 10/04/2017 at 23:02

Your parents must be so proud! Spare a thought for Gawn and Goldy owners.

Blaknight · 11/04/2017 at 00:10

Dad isnt. He's got Gawn and Goldy. lol.

Ben · 10/04/2017 at 20:12

Thinking about trading out McGrath for Newman and S. Reid for Burton, then the week after possibly getting rid of Burton for a premo and one of my defenders (salem, otten or stewart) for a premo. Currently got 392,000 in the bank.
Thoughts?

Ben · 10/04/2017 at 20:22

Or I could do a straight Reid for Newman but then I would have either Parfitt or Houston as F6.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:54

Did you start with Reid?

davo · 10/04/2017 at 21:09

He's having you on!

Ben · 10/04/2017 at 21:51

Ben · 10/04/2017 at 22:03

If i do go straight Reid to Newman, should I then trade Houston for a premo like Riewoldt or Dahlhaus or just wait for Houston to go up in price more first?

Pete · 10/04/2017 at 20:15

Omeara to Burton?
Wasted trade?

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:53

Foolish.

Dean · 10/04/2017 at 20:58

Wasted trade for mine.

uDonkey · 10/04/2017 at 20:24

I'm using two trades this week.

Wondering of what the community thinks J Lloyd? Do ya guys think he'll be a Top 8 defender end of the season?

I really need to strengthen my defense. My premos are not doing their job. I have Simmo, Heater and Laird wanna add Lloyd as D4.

I will be upgrading MBank to Lloyd yes Mbank culling him early, so as Florent downgrading to Hellloooo! Newman.

My defense will be;
Simmo, Heater, Laird
Lloyd, Otten, Hampton
Newman, Stewart.

Thanks in advance guys/gals appreciate any opinion or advice.

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 20:39

I have Lloyd,…….but I wouldn't dump marchbank just yet……he still has lots of cash to make…….imo that would be a mistake? He had 1 down game and play gcfc this week……he should bounce back his BE is still low.

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 20:41

Marchbank BE is 28 I'd start worrying when it get to 70 odd?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 20:41

If he's struggling to get 70

uDonkey · 10/04/2017 at 21:12

Thanks Trader

My gut tells me MBank will appreciate cash slowly from now on and I'm need of a defense that score me 80+ Lloyd has been tearing it up running from half back through the midfield.

Newman who's in the bubble with a BE of -106 and price will raise by 87K will come in to my team. There's more cash to be made there that MBank.

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:33

My rucks have been nank and witt s from the start……go wittsno worries mate! He should be a hold til the first bye I would think??? But it's sc?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:34

Sorry not sure why it posted that?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:35

No worries mate! Marchbank should make it to the first bye round? But it is sc?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:37

Hold as long as you .can?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:53

Sorry not sure why it posted that?Trade Stewart for newman that's what I'm doing

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:35

Is he still going to get that midfield time once their injured vets return? Doubtful, so I'd be wary.

Rocksta · 10/04/2017 at 20:44

Gawn to Nank, and O'meara to Newman via DPP. Generates about $370K, and Nank will be swung back into the forward line as a Keeper later down the track.
Thoughts?

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 20:52

Fine.

Dean · 10/04/2017 at 20:57

I need to know what's the GO with the round 9 bye community.

In round 9 do they count your best 18 players just like any bye round or is it best 22 for round 9?

Thanks to all in advance

Clokeisnojoke · 10/04/2017 at 21:16

Hey bro yer it's 22 players and only 2 trades available

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:22

How's that 34 treating you?

macca · 10/04/2017 at 23:00

think its all 22

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:20

Team value – $10,311,400

Cash – $699,700

Total – $11,011,100

Interested to see others

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 21:25

$ 10,819,200 total. ( 90K cash as I just spent it!) not so bad I reckon given the rookies we have.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 21:26

That's solid, I went in extremely rookie/mid price heavy so will have higher gains, but am behind a lot of teams in score.

Captain Risky · 10/04/2017 at 21:42

Time to spend up then! Bont seems a good option for VC loophole, lots of early games this year.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:47

He is really tempting. Do think it's martin's year too though.

Captain Risky · 11/04/2017 at 08:02

Agree, i'm a Tigers supporter, want, and will get him as well.

hedski · 10/04/2017 at 21:31

@$10.6mil + $375k bank

Blaknight · 10/04/2017 at 22:04

Team value – $10,663,000

Cash – $62,300

WTFareyouon · 10/04/2017 at 22:14

What a STUPID comment, I mean who cares what the Team value is of any team.

"I went in extremely rookie/mid price heavy so will have higher gains, but am behind a lot of teams in score."

No wonder why your score is behind a lot of teams, you pay for what you get, in most cases.
    While you have $700k in the bank doing SFA – Which is beyond stupid I might add, that means you're missing out on 100+ points per week just by playing a extra rookie somewhere as opposed to a elite premium.

It's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Rams · 10/04/2017 at 23:15

Maybe he is saving up for a house?

whatyasmokin · 11/04/2017 at 16:20

I'm just not sure why WTFareyouon is basically repeating what I said, and already know about being behind on scoring.

Not everyone is going for top overall (and getting upset about it when they don't I might add)

Some people take supercoach way to seriously.

And yes I'm saving for a house. Dahlhouse.

TheLoneRanger · 11/04/2017 at 18:55

LMAO…..great come back !! That's Gold !!

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:33

lol I'm playing for max team value at the end and league wins. Each to their own.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:36

I'm actually right on track for where I want to be. Started with over a million in bank.

Scored poorly under 2K first round. Made corrections 2 trades.

Round 2 top 3%

Round 3 top 9%

Now in top 16% and I will move up and up.

You must be having a horrible season so I feel sorry for you.

Russ in W.A · 11/04/2017 at 00:06

Nasty comment, who are you exactly to judge how he goes about his business? maybe a lot of us here care about team values, who are you to say otherwise? and then finishing off your nastiness with some pretentious quote from someone much smarter than you.

Sounds like jealousy cause you're probably ranked 100,000 or something.

🙂

TheLoneRanger · 11/04/2017 at 18:56

Well said Russ…That's Gold !!

Roy's Roos · 11/04/2017 at 02:38

Love it, Great comments

Dildor · 11/04/2017 at 08:47

These snarky comments arnt welcome here, its generally such a fantastic community and youre a let down.

Tommo09 · 11/04/2017 at 08:39

10,714 in total

Moustachio · 11/04/2017 at 08:46

Why so much in the bank? Massive waste. At this stage of season should have small balance for correctional trades only.

whatyasmokin · 11/04/2017 at 15:59

Because I make more money on cash leagues than 99% of people who go for the 50K.

Only have to make finals so go in with almost every rookie and correct over the next two weeks.

Full premo every year.

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:39

I'm curious, where do you usually end up ranking using this strategy?
        I know it's not your main objective, just wondering as I think it'd be an interesting idea to try.

Newman · 10/04/2017 at 21:39

I'm thinking it might take 3 trades this year to upgrade rookies to premo. Downgrading a rookie that has increased to say 350 and then downgrading to a new rookie worth 123 only gives you 230 roughly to upgrade another rookie that is upto 350 only allowing a player worth 580. If you want the best premos will require another trade. Thought people?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:44

You will be waiting 8 more weeks for that to happen?

Trader · 10/04/2017 at 21:45

Hold firm

Newman · 10/04/2017 at 21:54

Why would I be waiting 8 more weeks

Jib_Jib · 10/04/2017 at 21:58

If you buy your premos when their price is low you shouldn't really have a problem doing it in 2. Some will be under 580, some over, but I expect it will more or less even out.

Newman · 10/04/2017 at 22:05

Thanks jib

Russ in W.A · 11/04/2017 at 00:08

Hello …………..Newman 🙂

neil Demons Delight · 11/04/2017 at 09:54

not if you trade well and set up a large bank.Most have around 10 to get for approx. 5 ,5 mill

Dean · 10/04/2017 at 21:52

I'm strongly considering to hold onto HIBBERD from North in defence.

Then trading out Stewart in for Newman and putting Hibberd on field and then put the (E) on Newman so if Newman stinks it up on Thursday night, then I can swap McGrath with Hibberd back on field.

Thoughts community? h

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 22:47

It only takes one good game for Stewart to start making decent coin (like Parfitt on the weekend) so I'd keep him myself unless he gets dropped this week or Hibbo gets named. And whilst Hibbo has some limited value as an emergency loop I think cash generation is the greater concern long term.

You could certainly trade out Stewart instead as he's unlikely to become a major earner but I think most coaches will end up choosing Hibbo, between the two, in terms of who makes way for Newman. A bird in the hand …

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:31

This is a no brainer. Newman looks like making a lot of cash.

You will not be full premo making decisions like this.

Jack · 10/04/2017 at 21:52

Anyone reckon Heater Shaw is not going to dominate as much? I can trade him and Pickett for Newman and St Roo. thoughts please.

Dean · 10/04/2017 at 21:57

HOLD onto Heater…

Michael · 10/04/2017 at 22:05

He won't be as dominant as in previous years imo. As GWS get better, they won't rely on Heater as much as they used to. Would still think he would be top 8 def though so keep him.

Jack · 10/04/2017 at 23:39

Just thinking roo isn't going to get any cheaper as all his games are at Etihad. Only used 2 trades this year. Could I waste one here

Russ in W.A · 10/04/2017 at 23:52

Shaw always seems to come good, and average over 100. He doesn't always start the season well but usually finishes it off well.

Jake · 10/04/2017 at 21:55

Hold firm

Sauce · 10/04/2017 at 22:02

HAVE I MISSED THE NANKI BOAT, HIGGINS FOR NANKI?!?!

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 22:52

No not yet, but not sure I'd be trading Higgo to get him.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:45

Higgins was almost a must have last week according to some.

Sauce · 10/04/2017 at 22:04

JOM for swallow, please HELP!!!

Ketchup · 10/04/2017 at 22:07

Swallow is on the bubble but jom could have a couple good weeks and start making cash too

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:27

Swallow has the bye in round 9.

JOM has the bye in round 13. Plenty of time to come good and be upgraded, plus it saves you a trade.

Don't Blush Baby · 10/04/2017 at 22:15

Whilst Newman is juicy for for Cash , I already have Otten,Marchbank & Hampton so I'm thinking of keeping Hibberd as a donut with his DDP but Norf have a lot of early games so my loop would be limited , I'm also expecting him to get named later, Thoughts

SCaddict · 10/04/2017 at 22:28

I think you'd be crazy to pass up on Newman DBB. Perhaps it could be some obscure master stroke not trading in Newman when he collapses in a miserable heap Thursday night with an LTI, or perhaps Hibbo comes in next week and transforms into some sort of super rookie.

But barring something bizarre happening I think there is a very good chance you will be a little ticked off that you let Newman get away when you had the opportunity to snare him.

You don't want to be Jerry with Newman getting the better of you. 🙂

Carl · 10/04/2017 at 23:20

Bring in Newman. Looks like he'll Ave 65+ where as Hibberd will be lucky to play 6 more games all year

SF4 · 10/04/2017 at 23:20

Newman seems as though he may be one of the best rookie pick-ups of the year, the fact that he isn't scoring 30-50 like the others means he is a must have. Has good JS too.

Don't miss out on him

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:44

Need cash to get full premo.

Campbell · 10/04/2017 at 22:26

Is Darcy Cameron going to debut soon if so when?

HORSE · 10/04/2017 at 22:37

I don't know – you tell me?!

jpb · 10/04/2017 at 23:08

Have traded J Smith for Newman.

Moved Nank to fwds , traded out Ryder for Witts . Gained 30 projected points and left with $161k in bank.

27 trades left

wise move ?

BF23 · 10/04/2017 at 23:18

Sounds good.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:43

Like it.

Andos · 10/04/2017 at 23:10

Can anyone tell me how much time Goldy spent in ruck vs forward on weekend? Seems he played forward most of the game to nurse the ankle and should be back as leading ruck for North this week? Or is that wishful thinking cos I hate trading healthy premiums!!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 10/04/2017 at 23:17

38%ruck 62% fwd
    So pretty much two thirds fwd.

Andos · 10/04/2017 at 23:27

Legend, thanks Trigger

Walz_Pies · 10/04/2017 at 23:29

I'm in the same boat. I think North are rebuilding for the future and will stick with Preuss as #1 ruckman so goldy has to go this week before price crash:
    1- Goldy to premium Ruck (Martin, Mumford or Grundy)
    2- Goldy to premium Fwd via Nank switch to ruck (Reiwoldt, Franklin or Greene; maybe Touk Miller as a cheapie?)
    3- Goldy to Witts and cash in

Thoughts?

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:43

1 or 3.

Witts is risk with possible higher reward vs safe.

Andos · 10/04/2017 at 23:59

Would be Goldy to Grundy for mine and stick with Nank as a fwd keeper/ruck cover. Could be a long and frustrating year for Goldy but I'm gonna hold for a while. He's not even 29 yet, has trade value and will surely be keen to stay on the park and play his best footy whether it's to impress suitors or stick it up his doubters. My initial thinking in picking him was North fielding a younger team this year and needing his experience and class around the pill. Thought he was rebuild proof but in hindsight maybe all these years of solo rucking has taken its toll. I'll back my premo until there is no doubt though. No matter how dubious the situation I just can't abide trading proven premos after one poor score. Backing my premos has worked out for me far more times than it hasn't in the past.

Kyle · 10/04/2017 at 23:11

What are peoples thoughts on oliver with gawn gone for 3 months? No more silver service from the big man anymore. Have a feeling his points are gonna start to drop off now and we will see a lot of people regret trading him in over the next few weeks.

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:41

Probably right.

Russ in W.A · 10/04/2017 at 23:48

Giday Kyle, I reckon the kid's a Bull and just loves getting a hold of the pill, regardless of who's tapping it down, I regret not jumping on him when I had the chance, I think he's the next Bont type.

Kyle · 11/04/2017 at 00:06

Fair call mate and you may well be right and he still tears it up even without gawn. Could definately go either way but i know if i had him i would be getting a bit worried about how he will perform now.

John James · 11/04/2017 at 00:54

Clarry will be fine,if you've had him from the start like I have you have nothing to worry about,he was under 400,000 and a bargain,will av at least 90+ he was always going to be my M6 and hope he will end up as my M8.

Daniel · 12/04/2017 at 12:43

I think if you started with him, you'd have considered he'd probably be a stepping stone (maybe M8).
      If you didn't have him to start, I don't think he's the best trade-in target around.

Carl from Coldstream · 10/04/2017 at 23:18

Trade Gawn this week (have Sandi, Nank + hello Newman already) or
Bring in Oliver+Fox for under-performers eg Bowes / Smith??

whatyasmokin · 10/04/2017 at 23:41

Too late to bring in Oliver. Not sure on Fox's JS, but damn he's cheap for a mid.

Carl · 10/04/2017 at 23:53

Sorry not sure what i was on before…..I ment Fox and Hayward.

Stav · 11/04/2017 at 00:04

Brought in Higgins to cover Riewoldt expecting longer time out. Is it stupid to do the opposite to bring Roo back in?

Stav · 11/04/2017 at 00:06

Also, should I hold onto Matt crouch? Hasn't gone up a level the way I hoped

Carl · 11/04/2017 at 00:39

As good as Roo will be it's stupid to trade him in. Unless you have an injury? I did the same thing I'm trying to remind myself and resist 🙂

Carl · 11/04/2017 at 00:42

Also he won't play Brisbane every week

Jim · 11/04/2017 at 01:35

O'Meara to Swallow, is it really worth it like everyone's making it out to be?

Michael · 11/04/2017 at 03:02

My rucks are Sandi / Witts and Nanki up fwd… WOO. Should I trade Strnadica for Preuss? On one hand, i'm burning a trade (and a loophole option), but it will not only give me a big increase in value, but flexibility for byes and injury cover for the season

Alby · 11/04/2017 at 06:12

Gawn and JOM out for Witts and Martin in., Can Witts be relied on as a 2nd ruckman,

Holty · 11/04/2017 at 07:03

He is mine right now and has not let me down

SpongeBob · 11/04/2017 at 08:04

Jumping on the Newman train this week to capture the price rise so it comes down to a choice of Vickers-Willis (yet to play) or Stewart? Is Vickers-Willis going to get game soon? Thanks

Tommo09 · 11/04/2017 at 08:21

Gawn to Nank
Who out of O'Meara/Hibberd/Smith to Newman?

Kev · 11/04/2017 at 09:10

Smith. LTI rookie. Need cash gen or you'll be stuck with him

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 09:06

Gawn gone obviously but to who, I like the mummy but he's an injury risk, I like big stef but if they put Archie in that's no good, that leaves grundy who kind of fits well when byes come up, Any thoughts welcome.

Had about enough of JOM now I don't intend to show the same faith in him Clarko obviously has. Was thinking Oliver or even Nate jones but fawns absence of supply has me moving away from this… would like Merrett or the Bont but can't stretch that far…maybe have to hold on JOM one more week

neil Demons Delight · 11/04/2017 at 10:43

Hi Tibor Went Gawn to Pruess myself for coin Nate JONES not real sc friendly Oliver different story Merrett all quality but is he a keeper BONT Definitely is

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 11:20

Sounds about right, Neil, like the look of pruess for price but generally like the set and forget ruck plan, already have Nank and Sandi, might sleep on it whether grundy or pruess. Would love to put Oliver in I think he'll be a gun for a long time, will max absence hurt him ???.

JEL · 11/04/2017 at 09:07

Newman in for J Smith this week.
Also have Hibberd sitting there, but he can wait for another time

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 09:10

For all those who traded in Higgins ……. nobody likes people who say I told you so……….that said for god sake just never ever do it again….. seriously every bloody footy season…… maybe take him off the system and unless you are a close friend or relation you can't have him

INPieman · 11/04/2017 at 10:09

You haven't played Supercoach until you've been burnt by Higgins. I've lost count how many times it's happened to me

David · 11/04/2017 at 10:47

Bit of an over reaction fellas. He and North had a bad game it happens. Just look what happened to GAJ when he played GWS the week before. Higgins will bounce back at the Dome this weekend so looking forward to a 'I told you so' to your 'I told you so' bwahaha!

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 11:13

It happens alright Davey, every bloody year he does it and there is something so special about him because people will trust him and get burnt time and time again, he got me four times before I finally kicked the habit, I can't believe you compared Shaun Higgins to Gary Ablett, you have got it bad mate get help before it's too late.

David · 11/04/2017 at 11:55

Well he actually has the superior average to GAJ right now and I expect that to continue for the rest of the season. GAJ is finished as a fantasy selection. Everyone who started him knows it and were freaking out in the 1st half on the weekend. It was only that the Hawks gave up in the 2nd half and that he managed to pad his stats with a bunch of cheap touches in the final 5 minutes to look respectable in the end. Higgins will finish a top 6 forward mark my words where as GAJ will be traded out by all his owners at some point.

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 12:16

You know what Dave, you might be right after all, but I just have to stop now, the inexplicable compulsion to pick Higgins is just so strong that I have to be strong and stop now before Bwahaha turns into boohoohoo

Ruddigar · 11/04/2017 at 11:23

Good call Tibor, I don't think there needs to be any exemptions for family and friends , They should know better.

Rachael · 11/04/2017 at 12:55

Tibor you have pulled on my heart strings and given me flashbacks. I suffered from higginitis syndrome for three football seasons and thought I was the worst case.

David you have a Higgins problem and the first step to recovery is to admit it to yourself. There is help out there you need only ask. Right now you are at rock bottom.

Gary Ablett is SuperCoach royalty mate and Shaun Higgins is. …….. well….. Shaun Higgins

Swannie · 11/04/2017 at 09:34

With all the hype in the media about Hawthorn, does this mean they will come out and best Geelong by 100 points, I'd like to see that!!!!

nevo · 11/04/2017 at 09:40

Pickett, stewart or mcgrath
Who do i trade out and who would replace

JamiesNinjas13 · 11/04/2017 at 13:06

Newman is the rookie that you could bring in.
    If you have a rookie that isn't playing I would look to make them your first priority to trade out.
    Pickett out of the lot purely because of his small forward scoring generation.

neil Demons Delight · 11/04/2017 at 10:13

The Gawn trade is interesting. Was thinking Martin or Grundy leaving 100 ooo.but luckily I have WITTS going well on the pine. so I am going GAWN to PRUESS and bank 500k together with prudent trading rounds 8 9 10 hope to build to 1.8 collecting Hanna cheaply.. Nice bank entering byes enables me to get prems I NEED .hope it works that way depends on rookie selection 4 duds at present Stewart Pickett Hibberd and Miles

H Lee · 11/04/2017 at 10:24

hi all currently ranked 58th but have a couple of concerns.

Backline: kade simpson picked as a POD hasn't really worked out too well… don't want to trade yet but he looks lost out there simmo
midfield: very happy
rucks: starting with stefan martin is the best call I've made all year
forwards: had riewoldt, traded him in for buddy. now have kenedy F1, dahlhaus F2, and buddy F3. I personally believe that having both JJK and buddy is too much risk so i will probably trade one of them out but unsure who for.

Any advice/help would be appreciated
H

jez_m · 11/04/2017 at 10:55

Hold onto your premos at this stage, H. No point in doing sideways trades as you'll need to make all 30 trades count this year

Tibor · 11/04/2017 at 11:28

Maybe just be patient with Simmo. Opposition are working very hard on him at the moment which is why he is down and Murph looks so good. Carlton have had a win now and if other clubs think they are a genuine threat the work will go back into Murph and simmo should free up

Moustachio · 11/04/2017 at 12:12

Please trade simpson, JJK and buddy out ASAP in the coming weeks so that you run out of trades and free your spot up for me in the top 100.

DustInMaTin · 11/04/2017 at 10:35

What to do with omeara??? I have 66k in the bank who should I be looking at to get in?

Boltons Blues · 11/04/2017 at 14:18

I contemplated trading him to Swallow, then i read a smart comment on here about why i shouldnt trade JOM this week to Swallow

JOM has a B/E of about 58 i think from memory, which he should hit.
    if he goes good next week, keep him, if he does bad, trade him to Swallow because he will still be cheaper then JOM = you not chasing last weeks points

Ruddigar · 11/04/2017 at 11:39

Not sure how committed to the cause JOM is. To me he is a throw back to early 2000's Hawthorn with the male model haircut and bruise free footy. Is there any truth to the story hawthorn are using hairdressers as trainers again…

Thebandit7 · 11/04/2017 at 13:50

Gawn out, swing nank into the ruck. Should I go premo fwd like a reiwoldt or sub a mid into fwd line for a premo mid? Will have right on 600k

neil Demons Delight · 11/04/2017 at 14:15

depends on your setup.The key is how much you pay.Take a look at last years winner sure he traded in Roo at the death and scored 197 odd but all along he said round 6 picked up PRIDDIS 500 bargain round 8 shaw 450 never see him this cheap again he was looking for real value and your mid or forward prem are not value at present wait and hold your bank

Obrigado · 11/04/2017 at 14:22

Hopefully most people have started off well! Here are my trade options:

Currently don’t have enough to upgrade Taranto to Swallow so in order to do so I need to downgrade Stewart to Newman.

Option 1: Stewart to Newman and Taranto to Swallow

Option 2: Just get Newman in and save the second trade

Shags · 11/04/2017 at 15:05

Dusty or Sloane who to get in decisions decisions.

Stephen O · 11/04/2017 at 15:10

My rucks are Gawn Sandi and Stran.

I have Nank in my forwards.

Can I somehow trade Gawn to a FWD swapping Nank into the ruck.

Big G · 11/04/2017 at 15:55

you would have to swing Nank (use the sub button) into the ruck to replace Gawn and then trade in a forward, so yes it can be done.

Walz_Pies · 11/04/2017 at 22:16

To be clear, do the sub within the trade. I didn't know i could this when i first started SC. here's how it works in your case:
      Select T on Gawn to trade out;
      then select the S next to Nank, that will move him to the vacant ruck spot made by trading out Gawn;
      now you can trade in any forward into the spot vacated by Nank in the fwd line.

Stephen O · 12/04/2017 at 12:14

Thanks Walz
        You could not have made it any clearer.

Big G · 11/04/2017 at 15:44

I am erring towards Stefan Martin over Grundy and the Nank to replace Gawn. Please stop me if you think this is stupid?

Obrigado · 11/04/2017 at 22:46

Stefan Martin! On fire at the moment

Stav · 11/04/2017 at 19:07

Thoughts on getting rid of M Crouch. Should I upgrade to an uber premo or go to someone like Murphy?

Obrigado · 11/04/2017 at 22:45

Get pendles, Sloane, Bont

Kermo · 12/04/2017 at 15:08

G'day community – long time reader, first time poster – I'm ranked 1,266 at the moment, have avoided any injury/under performing player dramas and haven't had to pull the trade trigger yet.

I'm def going to bring in Newman this week but wanted to know the community's thoughts on also bringing in Fox? Reckon he can make us some cash/be worth the trade? Thanks community!