LekdogCheatSheetRd3

G’day Community Lekdog here.

This week’s Cheat Sheet is focused on bringing the right rookies into your side. I’ve tried to include the players who will have the greatest increase in value at the conclusion of Round 3, keeping in mind that most of us already have them.
Some key focuses this week should be in maximising your potential cash generation through rookies, trading out injured players and making decisions on under performing premiums. My rule of thumb regarding premiums is to hold them.
Ablett, Hanneberry, Shaw, Simpson all haven’t had the best start to 2017 but in my eyes they are still rolled gold premium selections who will explode in the coming weeks.
If you have decided to trade a premium you simply MUST trade them to another premium. I don’t want to see coaches trading out a Treloar and bringing in a rookie or even a speculative pick like Marc Murphy. It will just hurt you in the long term. The importance of Supercoach is having ample cash generation whilst maintaining as many keepers as possible.
Also make sure you check out the SuperCoach ‘Who Should I Start’ tool over at our great supporters Fantasy Insider . I used them in the first round and scored 2299, I forgot to use them at the start of the second round and let’s just say…I didn’t score very well. In fact I spent a few days having a good hard look at myself in the mirror.

Best of luck community, Lekdog.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN IN TO THIS WEEK’S PODCAST

GREEN= Buy, buy, buy!
GOLD = Speculative pick
ORANGE = Hold
RED = Get rid of em

CheatSheetRound3ClicktoView

Thanks to our supporters Fantasy Insider, the home of the #1 tools for Australia’s fantasy elite!

WhoshouldIStartFantasyInsider

Dingy do · 05/04/2017 at 13:11

Thanks for the cheat sheet. Always interesting.
I have only $4K in reserve so I think I must trade Hanners to The Bont to have enough to trade Smith to Newman next week if Newman does OK. If I keep Hanners I do not have enoug cash to trade up. I hate trading a premium but at least it is to another premium and perhaps get a Hanners later for $500K or less on IF he continues his poor form for another week or two
Or I could also trade Hanners to Heppell which allows me to trade a Parfitt or Pickett, whoever is dropped to WHS and have enough to offload J. Smith next week.
Lek dog and/or others, please advise.

Soothsayer · 05/04/2017 at 13:21

It saves money, I always chuck out my worst performing premium to upgrade to must-have rookies. Its your last chance to do this before prices change.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 13:23

If you must get rid of Hanners then cull him for good. The last thing you want is Rocky syndrome. Get him in, get rid of him, get him back in, & then get rid of him again. I'm sure many will have experienced it

Coz311 · 05/04/2017 at 13:26

Yeh I was thinking as well holding smith until someone like Newman is on the bubble, already got otten and Mbank

Lazza · 05/04/2017 at 19:20

No to Heppell. Trade to Bonts and throw away the key.

Dingy do · 05/04/2017 at 22:13

Lanza, I appreciate your concern, however Heppell is vastly underpriced at $513 K, about $50K under based on his 2015 SC scores so he should have commenced 2017 at about $560K. This season, he is the captain because of his leadership qualities and is currently averaging 130 SC points, the same as The Bont who, if I go Heppell this trade, I hope to get The Bont at a later date? I support The mighty Tigers.

Dean · 05/04/2017 at 20:22

Dingy do: If you trade Hanners to someone like Heppell, as I am firstly trading Hanners to bring in Beams.
    I am then trading Smith to bring in WHE via DPP – can't you do the same?

Dingy do · 05/04/2017 at 21:33

Thanks Dean. I traded out Smith and Hanners for Heppell and WHS via DPP now I can get Hibberd for Newman next week. It took mr a couple of goes but I got it.
      Might mess about with Hanners for The Bont and Smith for Newman a week early?

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 13:15

I'm using my son's team as a cheat sheet & trying to get his players into my team! Nice work Lek. Everything you've said looks pretty spot on to me

OldOcker · 05/04/2017 at 13:52

Can you please get your son to contact me and give some advice.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 14:01

I'm first in the queue Ocker. I'll put you on the waiting list

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 15:06

What's his rank pie?
    Maybe he could do a pod cast about follow your gut not the herd?

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 16:21

He's equal 40th overall. 9 unique players to me at the start of the season. He nailed them so far. And he's certainly made me realise my mistakes

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 17:47

Is he in the cash league?

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 18:13

Fortunately he's not in either of them Kev

Chad · 05/04/2017 at 13:22

Thanks LekDog my rookies are all sorted.

So I want to get the Nank the Tank in my side.
Couple of options
TRELOAR->MURPHY
STEELE->NANK
or
SHAW->LLOYD
STEELE->NANK
or
JUST COOL MY JETS
Going for overall ranking

marcus · 05/04/2017 at 13:30

Why are people trading treloar it makes no sense

Logan · 05/04/2017 at 13:45

cool ya jets – zero point trading out premiums just off last weeks points.

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 13:42

Sighs and shakes head

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 13:49

Using two trades to get a midpricer in isn't the way to go, Chad

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 14:41

Whilst the Nank is a highly desirable acquisition this week those trades are costing you far too much to get him. Heater and Treloar are absolute keepers and whilst they haven't smashed the start of the season they've performed well enough and it won't be long before they reward their patient owners.

Chad · 05/04/2017 at 16:55

Yeah but I reckon Murphy will average as much as Treloar so $170K in the bank might be worth the trade??

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 15:09

I find it funny that people are thinking of trading out shaw?
    He had a 120 the first week.
    Last week he was sitting in a recliner in the GC fwd line putting his feet up as the ball hardly got past the middle of the ground.
    Bit hard to get the ball and score if it is up the other end. Same goes for poor old Lynchy.

Willo · 05/04/2017 at 21:01

I reckon we might still have a spare spot in our cash league mate 😉

Chad · 06/04/2017 at 10:30

that bad was it?

Soothsayer · 05/04/2017 at 13:23

I wonder what Preuss's long term money making will be once Goldy gets back in.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 13:34

If he can keep his spot he looks much better than the 30-40 lads we have

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 15:41

Goldy will be back this week. Assuming Preuss keeps his spot the 111 will be in his rolling average for two weeks and the 40 he scored against against west coast is his norm

Derek · 05/04/2017 at 17:47

and you trade him to….?

Kev_in · 05/04/2017 at 17:53

Trade to anybody I want Derek. Due to my starting structure and a 500k kitty I can trade Pruess and move Strndika into R3 thus opening the fwd/ruck swingset with nank and I trade in the best fwd or, move pickett and get best mid, move pickett then adams and get best defender

Dingy do · 05/04/2017 at 13:25

I meant WHE not WHS.

Whitey · 05/04/2017 at 13:28

Hey guys i have 3 forward rookie spots this week and i don't know who to start. Out of WHE, Taranto, Eddy, Houston and butler who should i play?

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 13:54

Eddy is on shaky ground, Thursday teams may make the decision for you

Whitey · 05/04/2017 at 14:05

thanks kev, should i be leaning towards a particular three?

BradK · 05/04/2017 at 14:11

Whe taranto and housten on field mate

Tyruddanaut · 05/04/2017 at 19:33

Taranto off butler on

Rivo · 05/04/2017 at 13:29

Good stuff Lek!
Can't have them all, so decided to keep Taranto on field and see what he does this week, instead of trading in WHE.

Opted to trade out J.Smith to Butler via DPP swing.

LEKD0G · 05/04/2017 at 19:56

Looks alright to me brother!

Notorious mac · 05/04/2017 at 13:32

Lek should i trade sandilands for witts for cash generation

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 14:05

Sandi has a b.e of 1. Cash gen right there

Notorious mac · 05/04/2017 at 14:29

Over the next 3 weeks witts should become roughly the same price. Plus an extra 100k in the chest just for the trade. Only got 24k at the moment which could be a concern

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 14:48

I agree with Kev it's just not worth a trade imo. There are plenty of other cash cows out there or on the horizon so I wouldn't be giving up another good one in Sandi to get him.

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 15:50

Wouldn't get too carried away trying to predict the price of a midpricer 3 weeks into the future. Only takes one big/poor game to change everything.

Just because I was curious, tooserious "predicts" Sandi's price in 3 weeks will be 371k. Witts 337k. 90k gained by the trade – 35k difference = the cash generation from the trade is 55k by the end of round 5

Assuming you'll trade Witts again at some point to a proven ruck, there's not much to show for the use of two trades.

Notorious mac · 05/04/2017 at 20:39

That makes sense. Cheers

iLoveNMFC · 05/04/2017 at 13:38

VC on JPK, Buddy or Treloar this week?

Nick · 05/04/2017 at 13:42

I think buddy will go BANG this week…

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 15:02

Buddy should do well in his milestone game

Nado · 05/04/2017 at 13:46

I am pretty keen to get WHE into my team this week. I don’t see any point sideways trading Taranto if he is named this week so my two options are:

Swap Nankervis into my rucks and downgrade Sandi to WHE. Sandi was likely to be a stepping stone to Gawn, but on early season form S. Martin and Nankervis could be solid ruck duo long-term (I know its hard to judge after 2 rounds). I am concerned about Sandi’s limited influence around the ground which I believe will impact his score, particularly seeing how Ryder nullified his influence in ruck contests by just jumping into him repeatedly, a tactic other teams may try.

Or

Straight Roughy to WHE. I personally think Roughy will work towards a 90 point average by seasons end.

David · 05/04/2017 at 14:03

Very few are as agile as Ryder and Sandilands will dominate all other rucks in the hitouts. The difference between Sandi and WHE is not worth a trade and Sandi has the potential to be a keeper – as does Roughead, so hold onto him also.

Everyone is trading players who are not even injured. There is no way that WHE averages more than Roughead over 10 weeks.

Nado · 05/04/2017 at 14:09

Cheers David. Think I need to think a bit more rationally, my main concern and reason for the trade is cash generation. But I have pretty much all the other top rookies.

Might save the trade and bank on the others to make me some cash.

Steve · 05/04/2017 at 14:54

I'm trading Roughy to WHE for cash as well, the ultimate aim is to trade Hibberd to Marchbank.

Is this a good strategy ?

Normally I wouldn't do it just based on my first trade but the end game was to bring in Marchbank.

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 15:23

In your particular situation the draw of being able to get on Marchbank makes those trades worth doing for mine. Just cover your eyes and ears during the Hawks Suns game as every time Roughie clunks a mark and has a shot at goal you could be feeling a little sick.

However getting Marchbank in as well as the cash generation potential of WHE and what they may mean to the overall value of your team still makes it worth it in my view.

Steve · 05/04/2017 at 15:55

Life is not without risk, but supercoach is bigger than life it self.

Thanks SC
            Cheers

Beno · 05/04/2017 at 13:47

Random question, but what's going on with Nathan Freeman? Was looking promising to play again, but now can't find an update on him anywhere. Like he's dropped off the planet, can't find him on saints injury list either

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 14:08

It's truly remarkable he's not on the injury list. I think VFL starts this week. See if he plays in that. If he does BVC will have him covered in the rookie report

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 15:08

He's like the Derrick Rose of the AFL, has the talent, but just can't get out on the park enough.

clubber lang · 05/04/2017 at 15:20

Derrick Rose was an MVP though
      not sure i can say the same about Freeman..

BradK · 05/04/2017 at 13:49

Hi community, need your help please.

Use 1 trade: Ablett to Pendles
Or
Use two trades: Ablett to Bont
Taranto to WHE

With option 2 I can't afford pendles, only bont.

Thoughts please? (I have all other key rookies)

David · 05/04/2017 at 14:00

Just hold onto your trades. Taranto won't be that much worse than WHE and could even end up being better. Plus if you have all the key rookies, you're ahead of others anyway, especially with your trades!

Keep Ablett too. It's been 2 rounds, don't fall into the trap. Shaw, Simpson, Hannebery, Ablett are all ultra-premos who people will want in their sides at the end. This game is a marathon, not a 3-week race.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:03

I'm thinking ablett to Oliver and parfitt to either WHE or or Higgins. As suchablett should be traded Imo. How best to trade is a personal decision. Having the best team you can coming into round 3 is a great goal.

David · 05/04/2017 at 13:55

Wondering if I should be looking to get both Butler and Houston into my side? Or Preuss/Witts? Are they worth the trades, considering Berry/Newman/Hayward, etc. are on the horizon and will likely need to be looked at? Any advice??

D: Docherty, Shaw, T.Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, J.Smith)
M: Danger, Parker, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)
R: Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica)
F: N.Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Nankervis, WHE, Taranto, Florent (Parfitt, Eddy)

30 Trades | $1,000 Salary

tony · 05/04/2017 at 14:16

out hibberd – parfitt to mid – in butler
    save the rest

Dean · 05/04/2017 at 20:44

Getting Houston is a must, click on Smith in Defence and then you'll see a grey (S) besides Hibberd's name, click on that and scroll down and you will then see another grey (S) besides Florent & Taranto, however chose Taranto and then select Houston to trade IN.
    This will then get rid of Smith in defence and move Hibberd in defence to take Smith's place and then Taranto will go to your midfield taking Hibberds spot and Houston will go in your forward line replacing Taranto's spot.
    Houston is a MUST have because your current rookies are not going to make you much $$$

With your second trade I would strongly suggest trading Florent straight to Butler, this way you are generating approximately ($44,000) in cash and will also make a ton more cash with rookies such as Houston & Butler as opposed to Smith & Florent.

Lastly Florent will lose you cash by round 6 the way he is playing and secondly expect Florent to be dropped sooner rather then later, he has done NOTHING.

Hope this helps mate.

Nibbles · 05/04/2017 at 14:00

I'm playing for my cash league and I'll be breaking your rule – I'm trading Hanners and McCarthy for WHE and Houston. Gives me $560k for the week after which will likely see Joel Smith become someone like Docherty.
Last chance to grab the must haves before they rise – I'm happy to take a hit for a week

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:38

Aggressive trades but I personally dont mind some high risk trades like these for this week only.
    Just prepare yourself mentally for the possibility that Houston might gets dropped and WHE scores 50 and hanners goes bang.
    Least you'll be able to get a def premo next week and still have cash left over.

Only concern might be 3 trades used, 0 net premos but 100k in the bank and cash gen from WHE and/or Houston.

Dean · 05/04/2017 at 20:49

Can't you trade Smith to Houston via DPP?

I will be trading out Hanners to Beams or Wines and then Smith straight to WHE

wighty · 06/04/2017 at 16:24

Totally agree this is the rd to fix things, although trading an uber prem always is dangerous. I'm going J Martin and taranto to Houston and WHE. Gives me 311k and every rookie you would now want. Very unlikely any cheap rookies will surface in next two weeks so gotta get them in this round.

Choice · 05/04/2017 at 14:02

Hannebery to Oliver
Pickett to Nankervis

or Steele to Nankervis?

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:41

Find another way to free up cash for Nank, dont go Oliver. No way he'll be top 10 mid but thats not to say he wont avg 100~, which I think was what Jock and the boys said in the pod.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:05

Picket to nank

wighty · 06/04/2017 at 16:26

Hannerbery will be the biggest "why did I do that" this year. His price fall the next few weeks will be offset if you have the right rookies. SC101…NEVER sideways trade uninjured uber prems

Tommy · 05/04/2017 at 14:04

Which option is best:
Taranto + Mills for WHE + Salem
Taranto + Mills for Houston + Lloyd
Eddy + Mills for WHE / Houston + Salem
Cheers!

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:45

2nd if you really have to. A solid no for Salem, dont get sucked into his R2 score. He won't be top 8 defs, cash gen or not that's 2 trades to a premo when you can get a decent one in Lloyd but I personally dont have him or seen him play so not sure about him but people seem to have him and are happy.

Or Mills to WHE if you can. Hold Taranto.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:06

Def second option by a long way.

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 14:13

Hold Horlin-Smith out for only one week.

Seeker · 05/04/2017 at 14:25

See a few people here asking about trading Sandi down to Witts or Preuss…(Aye Carumba!)

Sandi plays the Bulldogs this week. He has a current breakeven of 0 and averages 95.6 against the dogs, who will go in with their second string ruckman: Tom Campbell, part-time ruck/fwd: Tom Boyd & might also use forward/occasional chop out guy: Travis Cloke…

Barring injury he should score well and make $40k+. You probably selected Sandi to earn money and upgrade him to one of the big three rucks once we knew who they were. I'd suggest that this is still the best option, otherwise you are affectively using 2 trades to end up with a 1 Premo ruckman.

In my opinion, the only accepted trade this round, would be if you can somehow go Sandi to Grundy in one trade. Grundy does indeed look the goods (so far).

Raging Bulls · 05/04/2017 at 14:50

Bulldogs were notorious for keeping opposition ruckman to low scores last season, so Sandi might not go as big as you think. Even Grundy failed to ton up against them in Rd 1. Sandi also faces Gawn in Rd 4 as well, so trading him may not be that bad.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:07

I noticed that last season. Wondering if no 3rd man up rule will effect trend

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 16:24

^

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 16:51

Grundy had mason Cox taking 40% of the ruck in round 1. That was why he didnt ton up. When Cox dissappeared he went big

wighty · 06/04/2017 at 16:27

Agree…this is the round sandi could go nuts…put him in the goal square and kick it to him !!

mfawcett77 · 05/04/2017 at 14:33

What to do with Callum Mills? Trade him out or stick with him and wait and see if he comes good?

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:50

Dont know what people saw in Mills but expecting a 2nd year player to score premo lvl points was a stretch. I'd be trading.

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 14:55

If you don't have Marchbank, Otten, Hampton or maybe even Stewart I'd pull the trigger on Mills. Not sure McGrath is quite worth it but others would disagree. It was always going to be a tough ask for a 2nd year player to finish a top 10 defender and his first two weeks have only confirmed that.

But if you already have those desirable rookies in defence I'd probably sit tight on Mills and take the slight cash hit. He's definitely a better player than he has shown in the opening fortnight so some decent scores could be right around the corner. If he has a third poor game in a row you could also consider trading him down to Newman next week assuming the rookie holds his spot.

mfawcett77 · 05/04/2017 at 15:18

Got all of them. Was thinking going Mills to Salem and Hannan to WHE?

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 15:33

Then I'd hold Mills as I'm not convinced Salem is the answer and Hannan could bounce back this week if he isn't dropped.

Mills is only projected to drop less than $20K which is not much in the scheme of things and he could actually surprise you with a good score. I wouldn't go early on Newman as we saw how that worked out for those who went a week early on Hannan. But if he backs up with another solid game and holds his spot then that's probably your solution to a poor performing Mills.

Derek · 05/04/2017 at 17:53

i was one of them who rates Mills very high, seen alot of him during his days at the Swans academy, absolute GUN midfielder.

I have no doubts he will be 100% midfielder by year end, but seems like he is playing the McVeigh role and not getting much mid time.

I am trading him out this week to the Nank. (but don't be surprised to see him back in bunny colours before the end of the year. Keeping him in my draft team)

Tooth Fairy · 05/04/2017 at 14:36

Simpson, Laird, KK, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Stewart, Smith)
Danger, Hanners, Treloar, Titch, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Hibberd)
Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Dahl, Lynch, Higgins, Nankervis, Taranto, Houston (Eddy, Pickett)

Any trades? $3,300 in the bank

David · 05/04/2017 at 14:50

Hibberd >> Butler (via Pickett)

Pray that KK has a couple decent games and Shaw has another bad one and make a switch ASAP. Would consider Sandi > Witts in order to bank $100K which might make the above trade a possibility in a few weeks, however it would be risky!

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:58

Pickett to Butler.
    Other than that, looks mostly fine. I'd be holding hanners. Short term concerns would be Lynch and KK. Could do Lynch to Macrae but some would say thats a waste, which I might agree on. Like someone said on here, to get the benefits of Lynch (or most key forwards) is to ride them out for the season.

TEM · 05/04/2017 at 14:44

1. pickett to houston
2. hibberd to macreadie
3. strnadica to preuss

which one?

Dylan · 05/04/2017 at 14:46

If Houston is selected, go Pickett to Houston. I think Byrne-Jones will make way for Pittard

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 14:59

1 and 3 if selected.

TEM · 05/04/2017 at 15:25

im already doing joel smith to otten

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 15:06

3, then you'll have more players generating cash

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 14:44

One thing I've noticed this year is so many teams who went in mid price heavy, left nothing in the bank for repairs.

Now they are scrambling and making poor moves to get in players that have performed in a tiny fraction of the season.

Yet so many people jumped on crouching as a fool when he kept 600K in the bank. Bet he's in a better spot than them right now due to BANG BANG simple repairs.

He only needs to upgrade a rookie or mid price once, not trade out a premo to do so, in other words using half the trades.

WELCOME

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 15:02

Ha, different strategies mate. Crouching definitely took a ballsy approach, 600k might have been a stretch. 400k might have been more accepted. Gamble was that you lose points for 2 weeks but you get the data for selection in R3. Worked well this season, esp with the rookie situation. But Crouching could easily be doing rookie to rookie trades this week and still sitting on 600k.

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 15:11

True, but I think he analyzed what kind of season it would be and adapted well. Probably a 150-300K bank would've been ideal.

Dean · 05/04/2017 at 20:59

Having $600k or whatever figure in the bank means squat if its going to compromise your score output.
        Crouching's strategy was to get his boat and PINKY-SNAPPER – The only PINKY-SNAPPER Crouching will get this season is from Mrs Crouchingone.

He is way to far behind.

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 21:17

You don't understand obviously.

There's so many midpricers that have scored like premiums, and premiums performing like rookies or midpricers.

For example I was in the top 3% last week and I have 650K int he bank.

Spending money has nothing to do with it. You could have 1 million and be the top team in the entire competition if you'd fluked all your midprice and rookie picks, captain's choices etc.

Sure it's unlikely, but it's been a funny start to the season. Look at people scrambling for 200K-380K players.

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 21:20

*2,282 last week.
          650K in bank.

And that was with Hampton on field not Otten. (+44)

Rockliff captained not Danger (+44)

Simpkin instead of Eddy (+29)

Could've been 2399. Probably close to top score.

Why does money in bank have to do with anything?

Tibor · 06/04/2017 at 07:42

I think if you are playing for ranking a big bank might be wasteful, you've shown it can work out but you do need to get plenty right with the money you do spend and if we are honest luck plays a big role here.

For the more realistic player trying to beat up his/her mates in a private league crouchings strategy has clearly been a ripper. Well done…

Countdown · 05/04/2017 at 14:53

119K – Best trade options. Thanks

DEF: Shaw, Tuohy, Adams, Marchbank, Otten, Hampton (Hibberd, J Smith)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Kennedy Beams, O'Meara, Swallow, P-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, H-Smith)
RUC: (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Nank, Roughie, Eddy, Taranto (Parfitt, Hannan)

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 15:02

Who are your Rucks? Team looks reasonably solid to do nothing.

Countdown · 05/04/2017 at 15:21

Gawn, Sandi

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 15:10

If Parfitt gets dropped this Thursday then I would upgrade him to WHE and park Eddy on the pine. But otherwise I'd hold your trades this week and look to bring in Newman for Smith the following week.

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 15:05

Great work Lek! You've got me thinking, seeing that I don't have Nankervis, WHE or Marchbank and that I can only use 2 trades. Which two are more of a priority to get in?

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 15:10

Nank and Marchbank. Nank almost looks like a season keeper and Marchbank is scoring well with good JS.

I personally want WHE in my team as well but I'd be needing to move roughy and it's tough but currently I'm deciding to hold but WHE's cash gen is soo juicy.

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:20

Agree Nank and March

Jonny · 05/04/2017 at 15:06

Thoughts on Elliot Yeo going into round 3

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 15:13

STAY WAY WAY AWAY if you haven't started him. Not worth busting up your team to get him in. The same goes for Sammy Reid. Of course it could be their years but the risk of it backfiring is substantial if prior history is any guide and not worth the trades imo.

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 15:13

As in a trade in option? well he's Mr. yo yo for a reason but it could be his year. Just know it'll be 2 trades (in and out) if it doesnt work out. Gamble responsibly.

Leeds17 · 05/04/2017 at 18:09

I couldn't bring myself to bring him in but he's had I think 6-7 games over his career where he's had 25 disposals before this season he's had 25 in both games this season so far albeit against North & Saints (@home), something's different, he's more likely to be a premo Forward than Oliver is a prom mid I think.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:10

Prefer higgins

Don't Blush Baby · 05/04/2017 at 19:55

I actually started with Yeo based on the word from inside WCE, his JLT & 2 AFL games have franked that ,could be top 6 FWD IMO,

FCAbel · 06/04/2017 at 08:31

I hope so. Champion player. Maybe settling him in this role will make him a SC champ.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 15:12

Luv the cheat sheet LEK.
Coluor coded and all
Almost makes it too easy …. almost

LEKD0G · 05/04/2017 at 19:58

Thanks Trig!

MrsAmudala · 05/04/2017 at 15:14

Billings – keep, downgrade to whe/butler or sideways to Murphy/yeo?

LEKD0G · 05/04/2017 at 20:00

DG to Butler

Randomcliche2 · 05/04/2017 at 20:26

Hold. He unique. He not injured. Saints had a very poor match. Don't buy Yoyo. Murphy…Yeah nah….Nank….hello!

Ps just seen lek thinks Butler….mmm…..well I don't promote stuffing up your structure….but but Butler is the best of those listed. I'd ask why you bought billings? If a keeper hold, if a stepping stone, trade.

cashcows · 05/04/2017 at 15:19

Smith > Houston via DPP if selected
Strndica -> preuss, I've got Goldy

If I go with these, I miss WHE and I have no captains loophole option. But M1-M7 is premo and M8 is SPP. Puts risk onto fwd rookies rather than mid rookies who arent performing.

I do have roughy and taranto to go to WHE but I'm leaning to at least keeping taranto, roughy out the door first for WHE but I'm considering holding roughy as well but I feel this week is do or die with him. Punt now or hold indefinitely.

Thoughts?

Powerage · 05/04/2017 at 15:24

Thoughts on dropping Zac Jones for Otten to save some cash?

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:11

I'd hold jones

Josh · 05/04/2017 at 15:36

Is it worth trading j.smith to WHE if it means I lose my dpp link between the midfield and backline?

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 15:53

Bringing in potentially one of the best cows of the season for a rookie with an LTI makes a lot of sense to me if it only costs you one trade. There will be other opportunities to set-up swing sets during the season but right now getting your cash generation optimised is the higher priority for mine.

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:11

I think it's worth trading

Don · 05/04/2017 at 15:40

Hannan to Houston?

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:11

Hold Hannan

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:20

Agree Hold

Tommo09 · 05/04/2017 at 15:49

Should I trade Strnadica to Preuss?
Had him for loop but have smith and Hibberd not playing
Thoughts?

Abel · 05/04/2017 at 16:12

Good trade if big man's named

Tommo09 · 05/04/2017 at 19:05

1. Can he hold his spot?
      2. Can he score enough to make cash?

Those are my questions

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 20:15

I reckon so Tommo, I think he's better than Daw and should get the backup ruck gig over him and yes he can score.

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:21

This is the exact conundrum that I am facing…. decisions…. I'll probably end up Holding and banking the trade

Steeeve · 05/04/2017 at 15:56

I have an idea for Supercoach in future years. Allow five trades per round, to a maximum of 30. Most people will run out after round six and the rest of us can be rewarded! Boy are some people trigger happy

Dave · 05/04/2017 at 16:00

Thoughts on Houston's JS? Is he worth bringing in?

Kev · 05/04/2017 at 16:20

Only Hinkley knows, Dave. Though he's made it hard for Port to drop him when Pittard returns. Loves to kick it and is efficient

choppers · 05/04/2017 at 18:16

Hombsch is out for 4-5 weeks with a knee, so Houston might have better JS now…even with Pittard coming back.

hedski · 05/04/2017 at 18:32

Is it possible with Trengove touted to move down back, port bring LOBBE in undermining Ryder a bit or do they chop him out with dead man Dixon?

Chuck · 05/04/2017 at 19:32

Wait til teams, however I reckon he's done enough.

Roos84 · 05/04/2017 at 16:10

Def: R. Laird, J.Lloyd, H.Shaw, C.Marchbank, A.Otten, C.Hampton (T.Stewart & M.Hibberd (nth)

Mid: P.Dangerfield, N.Fyfe, D.Zorko, D.Hannebery, A.Treloar, D.Beams, S. Powell-Pepper, D.Swallow (J.Barrett, B.Parfitt, J.Pickett)

Ruck: M.Gawn, A.Sandilands (L. Strandica)

Fwd: L.Franklin, L.Dahlhaus, T.Miller, J.Steele, D. Butler, D. Houston (B.Eddy & M.Pohlke)

24.8k in bank. I'm not sure what trades to make, any suggestions

IntheNickofTime · 05/04/2017 at 16:46

Why do anything? Doesn't look like there's any injuries. Save yourself a headache and some trades and sit tight.

hedski · 05/04/2017 at 18:33

Agree ^ wait for teams to drop.

Sam_01 · 05/04/2017 at 16:21

Not that I necessarily want to trade either of tarranto and picket, should I bring in WHE and butler? cash generation is concerning me this year, playing tarranto and Houston on field as my rookies at this point in time…. are butler and WHE musts for their cash generation ?

Slatsy · 05/04/2017 at 16:33

Thinking of trading to get in WHE and Marchbank.

Trading out one of Ryder, Hanners or Roughy alongside Joel Smith

Who would you sacrifice?

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 17:02

Have to be Ryder of the three.

chuck · 05/04/2017 at 19:29

Id cull ryder out of those 3

Slatsy · 05/04/2017 at 19:37

I was also thinking Ryder until I saw that Hombsch is out.
    The knock on Ryder so far is that he is sharing the ruck duties with Trengove and Dixon but thinking Ryder's ruck time should increase if Trengove has to play key back?

wighty · 06/04/2017 at 16:34

Refer to SC rule 101 about trading uber prems after a couple of bad games. Always ends in disaster.

Rob · 05/04/2017 at 16:45

Is Houston a must?

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 17:21

If his JS was rock solid then yes. But it isn't

Captain Risky · 05/04/2017 at 17:27

Injury to Hombsch may help? he's out for a month. might assist indirectly as someone has to be shuffled in.

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:22

No, defintely not a must

BrownlowBoy · 05/04/2017 at 17:00

I can't get either of Marchbank or WHE without downgrading either a premo in defence or midpricer in forward line (Steele). Don't believe it is worth it. My only trade I'm currently pondering is Picket/Parfit to Houston. Hombsch injured increases Houston's chances of remaining in the side.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 17:23

Don't compromise your structure. I'd feel better about Houston if he was named the on the ground with Pittard & Hartlett in the team. Houston is a tough one

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 17:03

Like one of the P boys to Houston

Tim · 05/04/2017 at 17:05

Thoughts on doing the following via DPP:

Taranto > WHE
Pickett > Marchbank

HBB · 05/04/2017 at 18:32

How would you be able to trade pickett for Marchbank. I haven't found out how to make those fancy trades where you can trade a fwd for a defender.

Tim · 05/04/2017 at 18:52

I have Pickett in my midfield and I have Taranto in my forwardline.

TRADE 1:
      1) Select Taranto to trade out
      2) Select Pickett to sub into the now vacant forward spot from my midfield
      3) Select Hibberd (North) to sub into the now vacant midfield spot from my defence
      3) Bring Marchbank into the now vacant defence spot

As it stands, Taranto is gone, Pickett now in forwardline, Hibberd now in midfield, with Marchbank brought into defence

TRADE 2:
      1) Trade Pickett out for WHE

HBB · 05/04/2017 at 19:10

That's Mad, Thanks so much.

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:52

Great trades.

PooBandit · 05/04/2017 at 17:09

What do I do with Hickey? I'm considering trading him out and moving Bank from forward to ruck but who do I buy as my forward with the remaining cash? Keep in mind I have SFA sitting in the bank.

Cold_Case · 05/04/2017 at 19:22

I'm downgrading him to Witts. Use Witts as R2 and only use 1 trade. Will give you a cash reserve for upgrade time.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 17:10

if you are considering bringing in one of the cash cows an or in form players but if it disrupts your structure or has a material impact on your structure then don't do it.

Look at the team sheets the rooks are on their way there will be more coming through don't stuff everything around for the sake of getting one player.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 17:18

Agreed Trigger. I won't be doing a thing until I've made a second assessment of Hayward & Newman Friday night

Derek · 05/04/2017 at 17:58

swans do have a few to come back, but i liked both alot.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 18:55

Great bonus this week we get a second look at the swans rooks.
      Can then make an INFORMED decision on.best trades for YOUR team whether it be this week or next.

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:56

Think I will wait for Berry and hold Smith though Newman looks good

Skindog · 05/04/2017 at 18:39

Great call Trigger, was weighing that up a little myself but youve hit the nail on the head, and confirmed for me thats the right avenue, cant have em all,,,,,words of wisdom,,,,,,

wighty · 06/04/2017 at 16:36

Rookies over next few weeks are poor….this is the rd to get it right.

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 17:17

Trying to decide between bringing in WHE for cash or Higgins as a keeper. Thoughts?

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 17:41

Keep in mind Higgins since he arrived in 2006 averages 13 games a season. Over 20 games twice & never 22. Be careful calling him a keeper. The gods don't like that. But he probably played the best he's played against the cats. So his form is awesome. Personally I'd go with the bloke half his price

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 20:55

Good advice. Cheers.

Jack Reynolds · 05/04/2017 at 17:30

I've actually never owned Callum Mills yet….amazing! Do you think I could go through his whole career never owning him?
Challenge accepted!!!

Whitchy · 05/04/2017 at 18:10

Ok community I am in need of your advice. I currently have Sandi and Nank in ruck with Preuss on the pine. With my forward structure as follows:

Dahl, Higgins, Steele, Rough, Butler, Eddy. Bench: Pickett, Miles

What are everyone's opinions on trading out Rough for Witts via swinging Nank forward? Just for some extra cash gen and also having Nank in the forward line which is where i would like to finish him. All suggestions will be taken on board!

Whitchy · 05/04/2017 at 18:20

Doing this will give me 312k in the kitty which would be handy for various purposes.

SCaddict · 05/04/2017 at 18:25

I'd personally pull that move myself. I think Witts is somewhat being overlooked as a fantastic cash cow partly because a lot of coaches find it awkward to bring him in, as sitting at R3 is not exactly ideal. However you are perfectly set-up to make that happen with Nank at R1. Witts might just end up being the highest averaging scorer of all the <$250K players this season and thus represents tremendous value.

I could also understand other coaches wishing to stay the course with Roughie as there is always a chance Witts's form drops away and either Nichols or Currie comes into the picture but I'd doubt that will happen any time soon, if at all, given how well Witts has started the season.

Whitchy · 05/04/2017 at 18:44

The more i think about it the better it sounds. Especially now that i realise that i could trade out Pickett for WHE as well. Leaving 223k left over. Only problem is i have already used 2 trades last week and i am very hesitant to burn another 2 on uninjured players.

Whitchy · 05/04/2017 at 21:49

Would these 2 trades be worth it??

Tim · 06/04/2017 at 07:39

I think you should do them Whitchy. Agree with Addict's thoughts. Further, having Nank in the fwd line gives you additional ruck cover for Sandi if Preuss gets dropped. Pickett is struggling and WHE will make you a quick $150k. Having said all of that, if you make the trades I would suggest trying to avoid trading for a couple of weeks, if possible.

Whitchy · 06/04/2017 at 11:09

Thanks for your input big horse. Ill make the trades a bit later in the week when teams are announced and ill ditch what ever rookie isn't named to WHE.

Mike · 05/04/2017 at 18:10

Is it worth while trading Taranto to WHE, just on the basis WHE will make cash quicker and may have better JS? happy with all my other rookies!

iLoveNMFC · 05/04/2017 at 18:26

Not only that, but I reckon he will score better as well over time. I'm doing that exact trade at the moment.

hedski · 05/04/2017 at 18:38

Wait for teams Mike.

Mike · 05/04/2017 at 18:44

Was racking my mind trying to decide if I should do it or not. Will wait and see tomorrow, Cheers lads

Crusher · 05/04/2017 at 18:21

Is Ryder worth downgrading to whe. The only issue is he is cover for sandy and probably will score as well as whe

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 18:28

As much as I don't like Ryder, he probably deserves more of a chance than 2 games, and WHE could end up being a spud, like he always has been, I'm getting WHE in this week but only for Pickett, who can barely manage 30 points a week.

Randomcliche2 · 06/04/2017 at 10:55

Ryder needs time, and just played the giant. Hold.

Tim · 05/04/2017 at 18:38

No idea what to do! ranked 855

Def: Docherty, Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Otten, Stewart (Hampton, Hibberd)

Mid: Danger, J. Kennedy, Treloar, Fyfe, T. Mitchell, Beams, O’Meara, SPP (Florent, Barrett, Pickett)

Ruck: Sandilands, Witt (Strnadica)

Fwd: Dahlaus, Macrae, Roughhead, Nakveris, Steele, WHE (Butler, Eddy)

55k in the bank!

What should I do??

Only think I can do is drop eddy for houston… but this might be a wasted trade

I don’t want florent/hibberd but stuck with them for now

Keenbutclueless · 05/04/2017 at 18:46

No need to do anything. You have all the right rookies. I am extremely envious! Save Hibberd for now. Newman next week could be the right trade there. You will finish very high up in the rankings if you trade well with this team.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/04/2017 at 18:53

Nothing
    Don't have to trade for the sake of trading or because everyone else is doing it most to fix their team.
    make your trades count and only trade to improve your team.
    You have all the rooks and ranked in top 1000
    Sit back and watch others scramble to try and catch u

Rhino · 05/04/2017 at 19:01

Any advice, not sure what to do, not happy with my rookies, ranked 810th

Shaw Adams laird Hampton otten Stewart- hibberd smith
Danger Selwood Rockliff Bont Fyfe beams omeara spp- Pickett Barrett mountford
Gawn sandi- strandica
Dahlhaus macrae Higgins nankervis butler Houston- eddy parfitt

Stevo · 05/04/2017 at 19:11

Solid side chief. Not much cash generation, would bite the bullet and downgrade omeara to whe an upgrade smith to marchbank.

hedski · 05/04/2017 at 19:13

I'd be happy rhino, get March in if you have the cash otherwise hold out for Newman.

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 19:17

Unless you really want to compromise your team I'd hold & wait for teams. Just remember no one has high scoring bench

Hoho · 05/04/2017 at 19:40

That's a very injury prone side 😮

Rhino · 05/04/2017 at 19:54

All valid points. Just I feel like none of my bench will allow me to upgrade at all. Don't mind the omeara down grade idea. If it was just 1 out of march and WHE who would you go?

Tyruddanaut · 05/04/2017 at 19:16

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!

I will get kicked out of my house if I have another bad round of this game. And you thought you needed to improve. Sorry getting off track. My defense structure has 3 on field rookies (including Marchbank) so my trades this week may involve improving that by moving in Adams and then swapping parfitt for WHE the gun.
OR should I get two others that I will remain unnamed for bias purposes like the time I didn't tell the police to get stuffed. Don't do that it's a bad idea. Be nice to the police. Sorry again getting off track. These two will be keepers and hopefully premo scorers. But this will not affect my defensive line.

So what's your opinion.
1. Two guns soon to be promos, stuff up my back line, feed my dog 3 meals a day or
2. strong back line, stuff up my forward line, except for the gun rookies, get in some Collingwood guys with teeth left, stay away from Collingwood fans who will probably knock their teeth out, resort to canibalism and feed my dog 4 meals a day PLUS snacks

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 19:39

1: Feed your dog 4 toothless Collingwood supporters per day.
    2: Don't tell the Police to get stuffed, unless you're buying them Pizza.
    3: Stop getting off track, cause it's better to be on track 🙂

Cr0magn0n · 05/04/2017 at 19:20

Great work LekDog, appreciate the effort

LEKD0G · 05/04/2017 at 20:06

Thanks mate

Chuck · 05/04/2017 at 19:26

How are we all feeling with omeara? Will he appreciate by that much? b/e at 25 already.
Thinking a swap from JOM to marchbank; will pocket 100k and surely marchbank will appreciate more. Will however need to bring either parfitt or pickett onto the field in the mids. Do I just hold omeara and miss out on marchbank? what's the better option at this stage in the season? JOM or Marchbank.

SF4 · 05/04/2017 at 19:49

Hold JOM. Keep Parfitt and Pickett off the field if you can.

Rhino · 05/04/2017 at 19:56

Tempted on the same move..
    Omeara will probably dominate against GC this week though

dont.touch.my.cox · 05/04/2017 at 19:31

Hey everybody. Just need a bit of help to see what I trades I should make if any. I'm perfectly fine with not trading at all this week at currently that's what I'm thinking of doing.

DEF: ADAMS, LAIRD, JJ, HAMPTON, OTTEN, NEWMAN, (STEWART, EVW)

MID: DANGER, PENDLES, TRELOAR, BONT, FYFE, BEAMA, JOM, SPP (BARRETT, PICKETT, HIBBERD)

RUCK: GOLDY, GRUNDY (STRNADICA)

FWD: BUDDY, DAHL, MACRAE, TARANTO, BUTLER, PARFITT (EDDY, SHAI BOLTON)

Main question is: Is WHE a must have, as of know I'm happy with having Taranto instead of WHE but should I make the move. I have 40k in the bank.

At max I only want to use 1 trade this week and I am perfectly fine with not trading at all this week.
I have only used 1 trade which was Rooey to Buddy last week.

Could go TARANTO>WHE. Not overly keen on that move.
or BOLTON>HOUSTON.
or STRNADICA>PREUSS.
Are these trades worth it. I'm sure we may even have better options further down the track, hopefully some of the freo boys will get a chance and they can slide into my team later on in the year.

THANKS GUYS.

Chuck · 05/04/2017 at 19:37

Now is the time to get those rookies right in my opinion DTMC. WHE has great job security compared to tarranto. Id make that trade in a heart beat. I think shai is either injured or suspended for a while therefore ii would also make your second suggested trade. It's all about cash generation at this stage of the season mate!

Best of luck

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 20:59

Agree with Chuck. Gotta get playing rookies in. Use two trades.

Don't Blush Baby · 05/04/2017 at 20:12

Why is Steele being traded out of so many teams ? Low BE , with Steven out for at 4 weeks, surely he will get more mid time ?The only doubt is his game time last week was 66%

whatyasmokin · 05/04/2017 at 21:09

Because people are chasing players that they never wanted like Nank and WHE. Should've started with them.

Jim · 05/04/2017 at 21:27

Idiots, idiots everywhere!

Shaun · 05/04/2017 at 20:17

Do I rage trade Viney out? Like HaNners he is suffering from Lewis and Oliver output or persevere another week.

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 20:50

Hold firm, you picked him for a reason, Lewis is out for 3 weeks anyway

INPieman · 05/04/2017 at 20:52

Viney wont be a top 20 Mid, Correct the error

Pienuffy · 06/04/2017 at 14:49

Way better than top 20, better than treloar, in a stronger side and roving to a better ruck. Hold firm here

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 21:01

Agree. Vineyard not playing SC friendly role. Gotta corrective trade

Lincol · 05/04/2017 at 20:19

Thoughts on Simpkin to Witts via Strndica? Thinking witts is a good money maker and handy back up at R3.Cash out at round 9 for a fallen fwd or other premo.Already have gawn and sandi.

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:50

Witts a great option if you can get him in.

marcus · 05/04/2017 at 20:21

Fellas bontempelli or tom mitchell??

Danners · 05/04/2017 at 20:49

The Bont, has a better kick to handball ratio than Titch

TBone · 05/04/2017 at 22:40

THE BONT!

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:49

Close. Both great. Bont looks more likely

Tibor · 06/04/2017 at 14:51

When in doubt take the bloke in the better side imo. =. Bont

Conundrums · 05/04/2017 at 20:36

In a predicament and need some advice,
I do not have WHE and to get him in I would need to go down one of the following paths.
1. Roughead to WHE
2. Taranto to WHE, but would have to swing Dahl to mid, meaning SPP would be on bench.
Im thinking option one as i dont want to have SPP sitting on pine and having to play an extra rookie in FWD line.
OR i could just hold and miss out on WHE?
Thoughts?

jpb · 05/04/2017 at 20:43

Evening Supercoachers ..

my team leading into R3

Def – Laird , Doc , Shaw , Otten , Mcgrath , Hampton ( T. Stewart , J. Smith)
Mid – Danger , T Mitchell , Zorko , Fyfe, Treloar , Dalhouse , Ward , Pepper. (Parfitt, Hibberd, Junker)
Ruck – Sandi , Nank ( D. Cameron)
Fwd – Buddy , Lynch (GC) , Ryder, WHE , Butler , Houston (Eddy, Pickett)

$33700 .

Had to trade out Saint Nick last week , traded Taranto for WHE this week .

Smith to ? Any other suggestions?

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 08:28

I would leave smith and have another look at Newman. If he plays well then I'd get him in before his price hike.

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 20:54

Just read St Nick could play this week and is up for selection if he gets through tomorrow's training session ok. Good news for those who held him and the mighty Saints 🙂

jpb · 05/04/2017 at 21:38

Wow must be Devine intervention going on there !

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 22:16

Don't ya read the papers mate?…strong chance of returning this week against brisbane 🙂

jpb · 05/04/2017 at 22:42

Firetruck ! Hadn't seen it , I see afl.com posted his possible return 5 days ago . Hopefully he is fit and plays well for those that benched him. I am 9k shy of getting him back if I trade Lynch. . Oh well

Adsy · 05/04/2017 at 20:56

Hey ladies and gents, is it more important to get Nank into my side this week or get Smith and M.Hibberd out in terms of cash generation? I'm struggling to see a straight swap that's decent for Nank apart from Steele who I like, and I don't want to break the rule of trading out potential keepers for mid-price cash generation only to burn trades later on when the cash dries up.

If I were to go J.Smith and Hibberd out, these are my bench options for shuffling:
Back: Otten, J.Smith
Mid: Barrett, Pickett (FWD), Hibberd (DEF)
Ruck: Strnadica (FWD)
Fwd: Eddy, Parfitt (MID)

Looking to get Butler in the side plus one other rookie. Any options looking at this in isolation?

Derek · 05/04/2017 at 21:27

Smith to butler. Too easy

Doc · 05/04/2017 at 21:23

Help please lads!

Option 1. Hanners or GAJ to Bont, Heppel or Higgins (which ones do people think).
Option 2. Eddy to Houston (assuming Houston picked and eddy not).

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:48

Bont by far. If moving both bont and Higgins

John · 05/04/2017 at 21:26

Is Oliver any chance of a keeper because I like him here's my plan for this week
Taranto – butler
O'meara – Oliver+pocket 50k

Derek · 05/04/2017 at 21:55

None

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:47

I think a very slim chance. Must look at him as a Cash generator

Tibor · 06/04/2017 at 14:53

Always a risk trying to snag that mid priced who makes the leap. This bloke looks a lot more likely than most

Tommy · 05/04/2017 at 21:30

Should I trade Taranto to Houston, and Mills to Lloyd?
Or Taranto to WHE, and Eddy to Houston?

Campbell · 05/04/2017 at 21:47

I have 144,600k and 30 trades in the bank and not sure what to do. I was originally going to try and trade Curtly Hampton and Jarrod Pickett for Marchbank and Hoskin-Elliot but turns out i dont have enough money.
This is my team now
Def: Docherty, Laird, Adams, Lloyd, Hampton, Stewart (Otten, Vickers-Willis)
Mid: Danger, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Josh P Kennedy, Treloar, Beams, Omeara, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Parfitt, Hibberd)
Ruc: Nankervis, Sandilands (Darcy Cameron)
Fwd: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughead, Taranto, Butler, Houston (Pickett, Eddy)
Anyone got any ideas on what to do, Thanks.

Keenbutclueless · 06/04/2017 at 00:11

Have you considered Hibberd out. Move Pickett into mids. Move Nank forward and bring in Witts?
    Next week EVW to Newman.
    I reckon with 4 premos deep in your Defence you can go without Marchbank.
    So it becomes a choice between Witts and WHE.

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:41

great team Campbell I would try to get whe in but not with Hibberd He will be of value later and remember Long Berry and Burton are near

Steve · 06/04/2017 at 14:40

Do nothing, hold your trades they will be needed later.
      Your team is fine and you can't have everyone

Jonny · 05/04/2017 at 21:48

Best Def to trade in (Already have Laird, JJ and Adams)

TBone · 05/04/2017 at 22:38

Docherty, Shaw or Rance…. Marchbank if you dont have the $

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 08:30

Jeremy Howe

Butler · 05/04/2017 at 21:50

Is Oliver Baric likely to play this week and if so is anyone getting him in?

Skindog · 05/04/2017 at 21:54

Who???

NutSack · 05/04/2017 at 22:09

Oliver Barlic… he's a russian guy who licks vodka drops off the bar top.

Russ in W.A · 05/04/2017 at 22:20

It's Harley Balic, where the hell'd you get Oliver Baric from? lol, and they're saying he might debut but wait until teams tomorrow.

Jager Bombs · 05/04/2017 at 22:05

I have been able to nail Otten & Marchbank down back, but dont have butler, houston, WHE or Nank in my fwd line.

Think I made the wrong choice with Ryder so swapping him to Nank.

Then spending that extra cash on simpkin to WHE.

Seem like the right choice, or should I just get both WHE & Butler and the let the Nank pass and hang tough with Ryder?

TBone · 05/04/2017 at 22:37

Ryder is a solid option… so personally I wouldn't burn that trade. But if that trade allows you the cash to bring in WHE, its probably worth doing

Josh · 06/04/2017 at 05:02

wouldn't hesitate

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 07:41

Yeah I like it. Ryder is going to be like our old mate Elliot Yo-yo this year. Hitting 60s out for a month and then pumping out a 130 to reel us back in. Drop him now & get WHE in there ASAP

Derek · 06/04/2017 at 08:45

I wouldn't be rushing to get WHE.

He is just the first "boom" player of the year, there will be another next week, and the next week.

I can see the most common post in a couple of weeks time being "I want to trade WHE to (insert name of next boom player)"

Ryder is fine. Hold.

Butler is a must

NutSack · 05/04/2017 at 22:05

Hello, can anyone please let me know how close Higgo is to getting a touch of Cathys panties. Thanks

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:45

He is Cathy

NutSack · 06/04/2017 at 00:49

Higgo is the salt of the earth so when he says he is interested in Cathy he IS interested in Cathy. I will believe nothing less!

Abel Grant · 06/04/2017 at 08:29

lol. Can't argue with that. He is indeed the salt of the earth.

Hubba · 05/04/2017 at 22:13

Is anyone else at all thinking about trrading in oliver. Even if you dont think hes a eeper… maybe M7. It could be an easy way of making 150k in a year that it will be hard to generate cash….is alll im saying.

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:44

I'm thinking about it. Tossing up between him and keeper. Maybe bont looking best in this category?

Hubba · 05/04/2017 at 23:20

Yeah.. cant afford to upgrade to a full premo just yet.. everyone seems to have bont at any rate… still he is looking good…

Saintsational · 05/04/2017 at 22:47

If you have the cash to upgrade a poor rookie then get him in…

His price however is awkward to fit into existing structures, and given he won't be a keeper in the long term, the 150k or so he'll make isn't worthy of the extra trade to get him in

Jimmy · 05/04/2017 at 23:08

is it worth going o'mera to him or is that a sideways trade

Hubba · 05/04/2017 at 23:13

Sideways trade is a no for mine…. looking to get rid of mccarthy to poorest 2 game rookie going around … i have the cash to do that and leave 80k in the bank for a rainy trade day…

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:32

to bring Oliver in you would have to consider him an m9 or better.Better cows around and cheaper

Pman · 05/04/2017 at 22:22

Hi Community as much as I'm against sideways trades as long as they are for corrective rookie trades then it's OK. So with that in mind what do you feel is the best of these 3 options that I can't decide upon at the moment;

1. J Smth out and WHE in via DPP with M Hibberd and $7K in bank
2. Taranto for WHE and $100K in bank
3. J Pickett for WHE and $14K in bank

Probably leaning towards option 1 as overall better cash generation by dumping long term injured Smith but lose Def DPP and bugger all cash in bank. Really torn at the moment so would appreciate thoughts thanks..

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 07:39

I personally would go option one. Whilst cash in the bank is important, you are about to get a massive increase in team value at the end of this round. I would try and keep TT if you can, we need all the playing rookies we can get atm

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:28

Depends on your defensive structure.If you are happy there then 3 but believe me Pickett shows promise and Smith not making coin Useful as a temp loop

Derek · 06/04/2017 at 08:38

I would go option 1. That was great idea to have $100k+ in bank to do a trade like that. Smith long term must go.

Messing up your swing sets is annoying, but Berry isn't far away, he can be a nice downgrade for a mid rookie and give you back your Def/Mid DPP

Pman · 06/04/2017 at 19:56

Thanks's fellas's, appreciate the feedback and will definitely go with Option 1.

LouiseH · 05/04/2017 at 22:25

Great effort once again LepDog, I really appreciate your terrific research.
Which two on the field out of Taranto, Butler and Hannan and why please?

Choice · 05/04/2017 at 22:33

Hannebery for Bont or Heppel
Ablett for nankervis banking cash

TBone · 05/04/2017 at 22:42

The Bont of course…. and only bring in the Nank if you can afford without suffering structure

Choice · 05/04/2017 at 22:47

Just swing Taranto to mids

FCAbel · 05/04/2017 at 22:42

Bont of those two

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:23

Do not trade Ablett to Nank

TBone · 05/04/2017 at 22:33

I calculated that to go from my team now to full premo it would burn 10 trades, for injury purposes i would think i'd need to have about 8 trades as a just in case. Only leaving 12 trades for rookies and any other trades I may want to make. That is not many at all for a whole season… what would you all suggest about using/saving trades and trading a mid pricer down to a cash cow? Knowing eventually youll have to trade them out again to a premo. Cheers guys

JEL · 06/04/2017 at 00:10

10 trades to full premo?

Usually a premo upgrade costs 2 trades, ie 1 up to premo, one down to rookie to get the cash for the upgrade.
    Sometimes if your lucky, and the cash cows are fat enough, you can trade 3 and get 2 up and one down.

I'm concerned you have less trades than you think.

TBone · 06/04/2017 at 09:44

Thanks for the response. I ment basically 10 spots on the field that aren't premo, but the rest are. But youre completely right… so it would almost equate to me needing 18-20 trades to go full premo then you mean.

JEL · 06/04/2017 at 19:22

Yep.
        I get my trades wrong most seasons, so this year I've got a plan!!

I've also got 10 upgrades to do, so I'm putting aside 20 trades for that.
        Another 6-7 trades for injuries and the remaining 3-4 for corrections/speculative trades.

Ruddigar · 06/04/2017 at 08:14

I'm curious to see who you define as a premo……..Are any of them mid pricers that you have decided already are keepers?

TBone · 06/04/2017 at 09:46

To me premo is anyone i consider to be top 8-10 in their position… besides ruck. I mean the only mid pricer i see as a keeper is possibly roughy, as I have no idea who i would classify as top 10 forwards only 2 weeks in

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:15

you will find your maths way out AT best assume you have 12 keepers you will need 18 to 20 trades plus up to 4 corrective trades leaves about 6.Trades are invaluable

Derek · 06/04/2017 at 08:33

Yeah, that's about right. I wouldn't count on having anymore than 4 trades for sideways moves. How quickly we all forget how trades run out

Doc · 05/04/2017 at 23:56

Who should I move on first – hanners or GAJ?

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 07:37

Gaz

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:23

Niether

Jimbo · 06/04/2017 at 03:43

Is it worth trading out omeara so that I can afford to get in Marchbank and WHE?
This will mean I will just play SPP as M8 and move picket onto the bench in the middle.

Sarah · 06/04/2017 at 05:09

Been contemplating the exact move… would leave me at 26 trades

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 07:36

It is better to fix your structural errors now. You probably went one player too deep in the midfield to start with, and you have the opportunity to change that now and get in two gun rookies. I reckon go it

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:11

go for it Marchbank AND whe are must have cash generating cows and you need them

Josh · 06/04/2017 at 04:42

Sandilands to WHE by swinging Nank to rucks or straight swap Taranto?

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 07:35

Don't get rid of Sandi. If you desperate swap with TT

Josh · 06/04/2017 at 16:06

Thanks for the feedback

Tibor · 06/04/2017 at 07:50

As impressive as WHE has been Josh it might be worth taking a breath. Two rounds in doesn't make him a champion just yet. It might make opposition sides actually have a look at him and who knows what happens then. It looks like he will be in about 99.9% of teams by lock out this week so it will be interesting. If you moving on a spud then do it but personally I'd stick with Sandi at least till he snaps in half and save those precious trades.

The Big One · 06/04/2017 at 07:56

Should I do:

A straight swap Hampton to Marchbank, and trade out TT

OR

Downgrade a premo defender to Marchbank and upgrade a mid rookie or TT

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 08:32

Don't downgrade a premo

Tibor · 06/04/2017 at 09:29

Cool ya jets and stick with TT for a while. Disappointing round one but improved in round two. JS should hold with Coniglio and Deledio banged up. You don't need to burn all your trades early

Lisa · 06/04/2017 at 07:56

Held back on trading St.Nick last week on a wait and see. Intend to hold off until selection this week but if he has to go Who is the replacement. Already have Buddy and Dahl Have gone cold on T Lynch as gcs are poo, won't touch Higgins with a ten foot pole due to previous let downs so the obvious is JJK.

Does anyone have a better idea, am I missing something

D&B · 06/04/2017 at 08:01

Toby Greene

Lisa · 06/04/2017 at 09:16

Thanks will seriously consider he is an all Aust after all. I totally missed him

Nick · 06/04/2017 at 09:39

Simple Higgins

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:25

She already said that she won't pick Higgins…………..

Randomcliche2 · 06/04/2017 at 10:41

Nank.

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:25

Agree

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:08

How many slow burning cows should we have.Of 30 I have 6

neil demons delight · 06/04/2017 at 08:18

Great stuff Lek always a great read and helps no end…. How far is Berry away His dpp could be of value

Finnius123 · 06/04/2017 at 08:31

Looking good at Brissy. Probably a week or two. I'd hold off until he hits his bubble. Could be a possible upgrade target.

Jackson · 06/04/2017 at 08:39

taranto to housten
stmdecia to preuss

good idea?

Sandra · 06/04/2017 at 08:47

I would like to get WHE in to my side but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this. I have been reading through all these posts and some of the extreme decisions being made to get this bloke surprise me. Are we talking about a rookie of 200 k plus who has put in two good games where opposition teams seem to just shrug, let him go, and cover other more highly rated players.

As good as he has started just how much of my soul do I sell to get him, I have Jobe and beams but if I sell one of them I'd be as bedazzled as a few others wouldn't I ?

Derek · 06/04/2017 at 09:25

There will be another "must have" next week.

Nick · 06/04/2017 at 09:38

I wouldn't trade those players for him. But I would if I had Roughy, as this is my thing Roughy isn't a keeper he won't be ranked in top 10 in forward line. So you have to get rid of him eventually he will make between 50k-100k. But WHE will make you more than that maybe double and could end up being your bench option too.

Derek · 06/04/2017 at 11:16

do you really think WHE will be a keeper?

He won't.

Plus you will have to cull him to get the cash increase. No point getting a big cash increase if you don't trade him. Besides I'd prefer Roughie on my final team bench than WHE, therefore save the trade. Only savings will be the price diff now if about $140k but lose a trade. Can't see much difference between WHE and roughies output.

Not a good trade

Beezneez · 06/04/2017 at 20:38

Makes good sense Derek. Had both Oliver and WHE in my original draft and hate seeing them score so well. I was thinking Roughy to WHE as the only way to get him in but now looking to hold with corrective rookie trades more of a priority for my first trades. That is, looking at Newman, Hayward, Balic and Berry (see he is named at centre for Brisbane so they must have a high opinion).

Beezneez · 06/04/2017 at 20:44

Rounds 4 & 5.

Max · 06/04/2017 at 08:49

ryder to higgins or WHE

Nick · 06/04/2017 at 09:17

Pickett or Parfitt to WHE? Thoughts?
Also Roughy to Higgins I'm also considering

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:24

Pickett/Parfitt depending on who's named. Roughy to Higgins is foolish imo.

Dusty Spurs · 06/04/2017 at 09:28

Considering a couple of options at the moment, all comments welcomed. Here is my team:

Defence: Larid, Docherty, Marchbank, Shaw, Stewart, Smith (Hampton, Hibberd)
Mids: Danger, Titchell, Fyfe, Beams, Treoloar, Crouch, SPP, Swallow (Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Ruck: Witts, Sanders (Preuss)
Forwards: Kennedy, Nank, Dalhaus, Steele, Butler, Eddy ( Taranto, McCarthy).

300 K cash spare.

My original plan was to trade in WHE and Otten for Smith & McCarthy for cash generation purposes.

But that leaves me with 300 k on the bench still, should I use this to upgrade a rookie to clayton oliver who will also appreciate by say 50 k or save it for a rainy day.

Nick · 06/04/2017 at 09:42

Got to ask yourself is Oliver a keeper or not, yes he has two good scores but has never been high before. I would keep and do the two trades you said.

TBone · 06/04/2017 at 09:54

wait to see team sheets.. but those trades sound solid to me. dont need to spend your cash if you dont have to, especially when its only 2 weeks in

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:22

300K on the bench really doesn't matter, don't get caught up in values.

Aaron · 06/04/2017 at 09:36

Currently rolling with:

Def: Laird, Docherty, Shaw, Otten, Stewart, Hampton, (Hibberd, Vickers-Willis)
Mid: Dangerfield, TMitchell, Fyfe, JPK, Beams, Treloar, SPP, Swallow,( Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Ruc: Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Fwd: Nankervis, Macrae, Dahlhaus, Steele, Houston, Taranto (Hannan, Eddy)
$14,700

I'm wanting to get Marchbank in but can't seem to find a way. Am 14k short of going Hibberd/Taranto to Marchbank/Butler

Any suggestions or do I just suck it up and go Taranto to WHE?

Northernsoul74 · 06/04/2017 at 10:11

I can't quite afford either WHE or Marchbank but have all the other rookies making cash, although more slowly. I'm just going to suck it up until the next must have rookies pop up.

Max · 06/04/2017 at 10:33

I have H-Smith sitting on my midfield bench (out for a week)
Taranto and Rough sitting on my field in FWD.
Not sure if i move on any of these guys for WHE or Houston.

Wait for teams to drop and look at Parfitt/Pickett, see if they're names.
119k left

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:19

Yep if one is dropped grab WHE.

Ryan · 06/04/2017 at 11:15

would love some advice from everyone and anyone please

def: laird, docherty, m. boyd, otten, hampton, steward (hibberd, vickers – willis)

mid: danger, pendles, jpk, fyfe, beams, treloar, P-P, Swallow (barret, pickett, miles)

Rucks: Grundy, Sandi (Cameron)

for: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Nank, Steele, Tranto, Houston (Eddy, Parfitt)

only 50k in the bank cheers all

TBone · 06/04/2017 at 12:30

marchbank if you can afford

Steve · 06/04/2017 at 14:15

Do nothing, hold your trades, your team good as it is.
      Sure it's not perfect but trades are valuable and there will be other rookies to grab later.

Travo · 06/04/2017 at 14:42

I have the same rookies that you have, only trade I might make in Parfitt/Pickett (Depends who is playing) for Dan Butler.

Ryan · 06/04/2017 at 15:04

Thanks for that guys
      As well as the butler trade i was thinking cameron > pruess in the rucks

Are blokes like Butler and Pruess necessary to get in while they are on the bubble ?

Jack · 06/04/2017 at 11:28

Is straight swapping roughie for nank worth it?

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:25

Harley · 06/04/2017 at 11:37

My team ATM:

So I was looking at just trading McCarthy to WHE this week.

But…. I have found a way I can afford to trade in grundy to replace sandilands. I have enough cash to trade McCarthy down to Houston instead of WHE and then trade sandi for grundy.

Does anyone think this is a good idea or give sandi more time and just go with WHE? Can't afford Gawn and reckon grundy will be right up there with him this year.

D: Shaw, Adams, laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten
Stewart/hibberd

M: Danger, treloar, cripps, fyfe, crouch, beams, Omeara, SPP (parfait, Pickett, barret)

R: sandilands, Witts (stirndica)

F: buddy, dahlhous, Higgins, Nank, steele, butler
(Eddy, McCarthy)

whatyasmokin · 06/04/2017 at 12:17

Grundy only got an 82 the other week, so don't get carried away that he'll be up with Max Gawn, although it's possible I suppose.

Not sure why you'd trade Sandi this week as he's going up 40K compared with Grundy's predicted 7K.

WHE will profit big too. It's up to you but I don't get it while Sandi is fit and making money.

Harley · 06/04/2017 at 12:25

Nicely put whatyasmokin! Clearly I'm smoking something wrong. Haha

That's why we ask the big questions here. Good feedback. Cheers

Nick · 06/04/2017 at 13:13

Is it better to trade out horlin smith or picket for WHE?

The Ranger · 06/04/2017 at 13:18

Anyone at HQ reading this….the website is still having problems loading the most current page.
On my phone the most recent post is Jocks Rd3 trade table, on my PC at work it's Barrons rookie round up and at home on my Mac it was LekDogs cheat sheet.
It's bloody boring when you're trying to keep up with the latest threads and it's been going on all preseason too..
Not whinging, just thought you'd like to know about it.

Nate · 06/04/2017 at 13:42

just refresh the page and the latest article comes up. that's all I do.

neil · 06/04/2017 at 16:34

I am experiencing same problem how do you refresh your page NATE MUST BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG CHEERS NEIL

Beezneez · 06/04/2017 at 20:50

The little ring icon with an arrow next to the webpage title in the search box – just press it.

Choice · 07/04/2017 at 02:04

Yep getting the same problem
    Click on the super coach 2017 tab and I get the new article sometimes but not always

Nate · 06/04/2017 at 13:53

otten vs Houston?

Youngy · 06/04/2017 at 16:25

Houston for mine

red5 · 06/04/2017 at 13:55

Why trade Taranto to WHE??
Looks like too much of a sideways trade to me.

Nate · 06/04/2017 at 14:02

Needs some assistance guys,

Docherty, Adams, Vince, Lloyd, Marchbank, Mcgrath (Stewart, Hampton)

Danger, Selwood, Fyfe, T Mitchell, Beams, Watson, Omeara, SPP (Barrett, Parfit, Pickett)

Sandi, Martin (Pruess)

Dahlhaus, Ryder, Nank, Steele, Butler, Hannan (eddy, Deluca)

What to do?

bolster forward line?

trade in cash generating rookies?

no trading?

Otten? Houston? WHE? What to do with Ryder?

Jack · 06/04/2017 at 19:28

Forward line currently as it stands: Dahl, Nank, Steele, WHE, Taranto, Butler (Houston, Eddy)
Got over 100k left should I upgrade Steele to someone like Buddy or JJK?

Pman · 06/04/2017 at 20:00

I reckon Steele is worth holding onto for a few more weeks and should get more time in the centre given that Jack Stevens is injured and he scored 100+ Rd 1 so we know what he's capable of.

TurtlesTerriers · 06/04/2017 at 19:52

Some great reading above. My problem. Can either go Pickett and Guthrie to Houston and marchbank. Or. Just Pickett to WHE. I'm thinking WHE has better job security but so does Marchbank. Thoughts

Ben · 07/04/2017 at 09:27

Houston and marchbank

Stupid Coach · 07/04/2017 at 04:26

Great work as always Lek Dog. My initial plan was to trade N Reiwoldt to Buddy and Smith to Otten. However, Roo has been named (could still be late withdrawal) and I already have Laird and Hampton. Other option was to trade Treloar or Ward to BONT and Smith to McGrath (added DPP). Also have Hibberd and Mountford on my mid bench doing nothing. Don't know which way to go. Still have 30 trades.

Appreciate any advice/feedback.

Operationgetrooback · 07/04/2017 at 09:29

Hi all, i cant find reverse trade button to get riewoldt back into team. Only gained 6 points last week with that trade to kennedy which isnt enough so want roo + trade back. Any help much appreciated!

Kurt · 07/04/2017 at 13:37

Backs: T. Adams, R. Laird, H.Shaw, A. Otten, T. Stewart, C.Hampton (J. Smith, M. Hibberd)

Mids: P. Dangerfield, T.Mitchell, N.Fyfe, J.Kennedy, D.Beams, A. Treloar, S. Powell- Pepper, J.O'Meara (J. Barrett, B. Parfitt, J. Pickett)

Rucks: M. Gawn, A.Sandilands (L. Strnadica)

Fwds: T. Nankervis, J. Macrae, L.Dahlaus, D. Butler, J.Roughead, T.Taranto (D. Houston, B.Eddy)

Have $19,800 in the kitty and yet to use a trade. Have numerous ideas in my head but would like to hear the communities thoughts first. GO!