Supercoach round 2 cheat sheet

G’DAY COMMUNITY!

The weekly SuperCoach Cheat Sheet is back!
We’ve deployed a new and very attractive looking document that should look pretty whiz-bang on your mobile devices.
We don’t have a whole lot of Supercoach news to discuss this week due to the fact that players will not be changing in price and their Round 1 scores will be falling out of their rolling average. My advice is to avoid that trade button at all costs. Have a walk outside, paint your house, visit your favourite..ahem…websites. Whatever you can do to keep those hands busy and off the trade button.
Also make sure you check out the SuperCoach ‘Who Should I Start’ tool over at our great supporters Fantasy Insider, this mob are the home of the most mind bendingly advanced selection tools in the nation so give them a crack!

Best of luck community, Lekdog.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN IN TO THIS WEEK’S PODCAST

GOLD = Watch with interest this week
ORANGE = Hold
RED = Get Rid of em

UPDATE: Nick Riewoldt said on The Footy Show that he could be out for 6 weeks. TRADE!

Round 2 SuperCoach Cheat Sheet placeholder

Thanks to our supporters Fantasy Insider, the home of the #1 tools for Australia’s fantasy elite!

Fantasy Insider

Krups · 29/03/2017 at 16:23

Nice design bloke and looks awesome on the mobile

Alex · 29/03/2017 at 16:48

What do people see these following players average

I.smith
J. Steele
T. Miller

Alex · 29/03/2017 at 17:27

T.miller= 92-95 average
    Steele= 90-92
    Smith= 84-86

That's just my opinion, T.miller looks like to be a dominant player for GC and Steele looks like good quality also, I'm not to keen on smith there's better value for money else where

Randomcliche2 · 29/03/2017 at 19:11

Smith could benefit from Hill's departure, team mates wanting that outside running will got smith first, hartung a distant second…I see a lot of upside, but not enough to make my team, like you say, better bang for buck out there.

Miller, not sure
      Steele 93ish
      Smith 90ish

Danners · 29/03/2017 at 18:54

I.Smith: 80-85
    J.Steele: 80-90
    T.Miller: 80-85
    Bottom two could be anything this season

Jordan · 29/03/2017 at 21:06

Steele 100+
    Smith 90-98
    Touk 85-92

All great selections look at Elliot yeo aswell

Luke · 29/03/2017 at 16:51

^^^^
Yeah I'd also like some thoughts on Jack Steele and Miller

Pom · 29/03/2017 at 16:55

Odds on people trading N. Riewoldt to JJK who then puts up a 50 this week?

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 17:05

It's always the risk with sideways trading albeit in this case as a result of injury. JJK did go huge against the Saints last season so perhaps he can back it up but it can be difficult to predict with roller coaster KPPs.

Liam · 29/03/2017 at 17:31

That's why I only trade these KPPs when they have had a fall in price, this is why i'm torn on what to do with Roo.

I can trade Roo to anyone, any suggestions SCA.

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 17:48

Look I'm a midpriced advocate this season so like the Higgins / Steele / Nank / Miller / Wingard options. That way you can use the savings to patch up another hole you might have elsewhere in your team.

But if you're not interested in going down that road then Macrae (assuming you already have Dahl) would be my pick of $500K plus guys as his week to week output should be fairly consistent at least compared to say a JJK or Lynch type. However some folks just love it when their big key forward kicks a bag every blue moon so it really comes down to each coach's individual preferences.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 17:09

The gods are well known for doing those things to coaches

Derek · 29/03/2017 at 17:36

you have to ask yourself, "Why didn't i have JJK in the first place?"

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 18:42

Because of the propensity to throw turds in. (Will probs get him cheap)

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:35

Not this year!! Maybe in 2018…….

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 16:58

Nice one Lek. Looks good on Desktop & mobile. Oh boy did I like the look of Hannan. I was watching him thinking I might bring him in this week. But it's best to have another look as tempting as it is

Stirlsy · 29/03/2017 at 17:22

I see Fatso went great in a practice match Pieman.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 17:47

I wrote a piece on him for a good reason. He's a freak. If they can get him fit… look out

Captain Risky · 29/03/2017 at 18:07

I was hoping he might have fallen through to the tiges in the draft! will be an excitement machine!

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 18:26

The Tigers expected no one to have the balls to pick him & could grab him as a category B rookie. Wasn't how it panned out. They might regret it if he gets fit. He's amazing to watch

Stirlsy · 29/03/2017 at 18:41

The ANZAC dream is still alive for him.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 18:51

Anazac day is about when I think Buckley will realise he's in big trouble & call him up

LetsGo · 29/03/2017 at 19:25

Buckley said in an interview with the press that Kirby was showing good signs but was still getting used to the fitness required for afl and that he was a long way off

I N Pieman · 29/03/2017 at 19:35

Hardly surprising when you draft a bloke 20kgs overweight. But if the draft was based on picking blokes on talent, he would have gone mighty close to pick 1. I hope he applies himself & gets to show the footy world his sublime ability

Stirlsy · 29/03/2017 at 17:34

Great work Lek … Yes Hannan looked good, I'v got a bit to fix leaving Marchbank out, and his looking like a must have down back early so ill be waiting on teams thursday night b4 i move on anything but think ill be making 1 move this week to help me get Marchbank in next week.
A 2182 last week with plenty of crap from 6 on field rookies all 50 or under, taking a gamble putting the VC on JJK pulled me out of a hole.

Derek · 29/03/2017 at 18:05

Butler and Hannan are both rays of sunlight and proof that the rookies will emerge.

Like Oxley & McIntosh, Tippa & Dea, Kracker & Lambert, Terlich & Goodes, Magner & Ellis……. The Gods will provide as they always have.

We just need to be patient and look for the signs……

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 21:05

Balic must be close – DPP

Derek · 29/03/2017 at 21:50

Berry on my bench. DPP. Won't be far away

Browncow · 29/03/2017 at 21:53

Two BoG's and a mention by Ross in the post game. You might be on the money Trigger.

The Ranger · 30/03/2017 at 07:44

Typical Ross bloody Lyon tho eh Browncow?
        The kids never get a game.
        Freo had the third oldest team out on the park last week.

Browncow · 30/03/2017 at 13:30

True Ranger. You would think Balic would already be out there. Look what happened with Weller and Blakey once they started getting regular games. Suban or some of the older crew might be in trouble

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:40

LOL Butler was good against Carlton…….ROFLMFAO
    Yeah get him in now. Possible good score against the wobbles but will fail against good sides.

Derek · 29/03/2017 at 23:42

Exactly. Have you had a look at richmonds next 4 opponents. Only need 5 weeks of good scores to make a heap of cash. But I guess you won't be doing that because you won't have him. Oh well.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 18:29

Good news for Grundy owners. Cox has been axed

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 18:32

JR Brumby FC will be ecstatic with this development indeed!

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 18:54

Jock will be licking his chops over that news

jockreynolds · 29/03/2017 at 19:20

SCaddict · 30/03/2017 at 09:08

Bye bye American Pie!

Pete · 29/03/2017 at 18:31

Need to trade out Smith and want to get McGrath but don't have enough cash so thinking of going Hannebery to Heppell. I know I could wait another week but I might want to fix my forward rookies then with Hannan and WHE before their price goes up.

Randomcliche2 · 29/03/2017 at 19:17

Review the cheat sheet

LEKD0G · 29/03/2017 at 19:23

Man who chase the car, get exhausted.

Don't drop Hanners to chase Heppell after one good game.

Pete · 29/03/2017 at 20:51

Shame we don't get upto 4 trades next week. Heppell averaged 105 in 2014 and 2015 is only 24, the new captain, and over $100k less. Could easily go to the next level of premium and out score Hannebery who doesn't look fit. Wish I knew all this stuff last week.
    Other option is Taranto to Hannan this week rather then next but neither have prior history other than one game to judge on.
    Or just sit and wait and suck it up if I was right.

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:45

That would make it tooooo easy.
      Unless you have a very good side now it would be prudent to identify the probable value mid pricers/rookies and trade
      otherwise your short of options next week and $$$$ behind the ball.
      Trading could be a mistake…. NOT trading could cost you as much or more.

Danners · 29/03/2017 at 18:57

Great work Lek, starting to lean towards Hannan over Butler, seems like Melbourne a keen on him if they're playing him without him playing any JLT series games

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 19:19

Have trialled a few rookie corrections for after round 2 and looks good, depending on team selections I'm thinking it might be OK to jump the gun and do 1 this week in case there is some Roo/Smith/etc carnage next week (and there will be).
I'm pretty sure if I went early the traded in rook would be part of the chaos cos hey, sc gods?
Thanks Lekdog easier to read on the phone and great as always, cheers.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 20:34

I have had many similar thoughts Hedski. What is there is some carnage that doesn't allow the rookie correctives next week. There is no right or wrong answer right now. Go with your gut

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 20:39

Looks good how i've got it set, but yeah 6.30 tomorrow night will sort it out Pie.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 21:10

If Butler goes well 2mrw night might have to do a trade this week to bring in.butler and probably Hannan next.

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 21:20

Have Butler watching Hannan Trig.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 21:20

If you were missing both Trig I could excuse that

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 21:25

Yeah ain't got either.
          Butler still not convinced as played blues last week but happy to be convinced 2mrw night.
          Didn't wanna start hannan sight unseen ' kudos to those who did. I tip my hat.

Alex · 29/03/2017 at 19:20

Who do I trade Nick Roo too? I'm going for rank so surely I trade here?

Robbo · 29/03/2017 at 19:35

Sounds like you need Fantasy insider. follow the link above

Derek · 29/03/2017 at 20:06

Dahlhaus is a good option

Robbo · 29/03/2017 at 19:33

Gotta laugh at the fantasy insider plug. $200 a year and everybody who signs up gets exactly the same info e.g. their computer picks your team for you and tells you who to bench who to trade out/in and who to put the C on. Looks like a great deal for those coaches who know nothing about footy or how to research but I suppose all of them will be given the same team and same trade advice throughout the year so if one of them wins a round prize they'll be sharing it with every other duffa and end up with $10. Have to win 20 rounds to get your money back. No thanks Lekdog

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 20:00

Hey Robbo while I agree about not paying for a fantasy picker (prefer gut instinct and minimal research), can't fault the plug, these guys are sponsoring the site and the awesome CK play at home (don't have a venue nearby).
    No one is made to sign up, hope ur team does well mate.

Robbo · 30/03/2017 at 09:28

Good one Hedski. So what if they are making buckets of cash from selling advertising and are receiving benefits/income from foxtel, HSun etc due to the high number of visitors to this site. They need that money so that they can pay Barron and all the other contributors who provide info and give us a reason to be here, one podcast a week wont make people come her everyday.
      It's the same with channel 7 and the Supercoach site they bombard every spare cm of screen space with gambling ads and rake in the dollars but they have to pay reporters and developers etc.
      I'm just a wary after the moneyball debacle that saw me a many others sign up and pay this site for stuff only to see the site shut down a couple of weeks later, not refund any money, and then open again when they had their own copy of moneyball

hedski · 30/03/2017 at 13:09

Fair enough Robbo, once bitten twice shy, understandable. Cheers.

josh · 29/03/2017 at 19:46

I have decided i need to trade snt nick as i feel like he will be out for at least the two weeks and then maybe some reduced game time, or at least reduced time on the wing, in the few weeks following.

I then went roo > kennedy and Taranto > butler, who i think looked very comfortable at the level and had a lecras like look to his game not to mention the 100k $ difference.

However this afternoon i hit the reverse button and am contemplating this trade; roo > t.Miller and Taranto > Z.Jones (by moving parfit fwd and gibbered to mid). Few factors that led to such madness. kennedy plays hawthorn and faces Rance in the next few rounds, both of which his stats against are not that great (also average stats in almost every WCE loss). If he doesn't smash out another 170 for the next few weeks his price rise would be significantly less then the total rise of Miller and Jones. If either of Jones or miller become a top 8 mid/def then i haven't hindered my progress to full premium and if they both get there then i have enhanced my position and saved money and trades.

Dead set on moving roo on just wondering communities thoughts on the two options above, cheers

josh · 29/03/2017 at 19:49

this would leave my FWD/DEF looking

LAIRD / SHAW / SIMPSON / JONES / MARCHBANK / HAMPTON

DAHL / HIGGINS / STEELE / MILLER / BUTLER / HOUSTON

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:50

Yes the trade to Butler is fraught with danger
      Like your logic.
      You do have to trade!
      Reminds me of a song…..
      " Trading,…. It's not a dirty word.."

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 19:54

Roo & TT to Miller & Jones aye. Unless Jones & Miller are keepers there goes 4 trades. 26 left Josh. Reconsider. At least give TT another week

josh · 29/03/2017 at 20:07

Yeah exactly my concern, i guess was just been hopeful and that if one fails I'm only down 2 trades and possibly only 1 as one mid pricer and two fattened rookies may make 2 premos instead of the typical one up one down. just not comfortable with with any other FWDs atm. sense will likely prevail and i'll probably just sideways roo to kennedy who would've been in my team in the first pace had i have not gone with riewoldt.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 20:25

Personally with your forward line & if I was side swapping Roo I'd go MacRae. Plays in the midfield & has DPP & a solid history. And far more likely to be a premo keeper then Miller. I do rate Miller but I don't rate GC. Losing at home to the Lions to me screams don't pick an unproven mid pricer from GC

Sam_01 · 29/03/2017 at 21:38

Posted a similar enquiry about mr touk, Hanley back to Ireland on personal business think touk will be slotted into their engine room and with witts being a bit more of a competitive ruck for them this year I have high hopes for him! That said he has that dodgy round 9 bye you have to cop! For me I think I'm sold on jjk will Finnish top 6 and west coast look good this year watch him kick another bag against the sainters this week, plus they have a fair few home games coming up leading up to byes! Ill probably be looking at lynch and miller post bye

Otis · 29/03/2017 at 20:05

Dan Hannebery goes & Riewoldt stays for me amid a new SC Rule called the Dan Hannebery rule. And he also joins the never again list. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Here's a thought, go buy yourself a slab of beer, a bottle of Jack and get drunk. Clearly it's not working….disgrace

Steeeve · 29/03/2017 at 20:43

Yeah great move helps the rest of us climb the rankings

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:52

Yes don't trade for value, like some of us…. go sideways…. keep your dud rookies
      pleeeeeease………

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 21:16

For what its worth straight from the horses mouth.
Roo on footy show: I was lucky thought career might be over but not as bad as I thought at this stage estimate I will be out for at least 2 up to 6 weeks depends how I recover.
Make of that what u will but sounds like minimum 3-4.

INPieman · 29/03/2017 at 21:24

Too much money on the bench for anything over 2 & up to 6. That's a forced trade for mine. At least he scored a ton before he did it

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 21:31

Trade guide in bible
      3+ = Trade.

BrownlowBoy · 29/03/2017 at 21:23

Who is everyone Vice Captaining and Captaining this week?

Lazza · 29/03/2017 at 21:49

Mind your own business 🙂

Borko · 29/03/2017 at 21:53

Pendles -> Danger will be popular

Randomcliche2 · 29/03/2017 at 22:36

Perhaps my potential Roo cull result….. Treloar.

Kyle · 30/03/2017 at 11:05

Vc rocky C danger

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:56

This

Daniel · 30/03/2017 at 15:02

Was going to go Pendles to Danger.
    Thinking a bit more left field, maybe Shaw to Danger.
    He is playing against GC and is a bit of a flat-track bully.

Borko · 29/03/2017 at 21:37

Started with a pretty solid GnR structure:
Premo x 10
Value Premos x 3
Mids x 2
Elevated Rookie x 4
Rookies x 10
Donut x 1

I am hoping for 11 keepers from this squad … then it's 22 trades (11 up and downs) plus correctives to full premo.

Given our rookie concerns, I am worried about cash generation to get these trades done … have been considering sacrificing a 'value premo' (eg. Grundy -> Witts) to get the cash to upgrade two rookies next week … maybe to a mid pricer and elevated rookie?

Basically, realigning my team more toward a mid price structure … the price is loss of a possible keeper. Anyone else thinking along these lines? Or should we just hold on and make the best of it next week?

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 22:47

Most seasons I'd say you're crazy to scrap a keeper to free up some cash but this is looking to be quite an usual year so all avenues of cash generation need to be considered. Witts appears to be shaping up as one of the best cows at least in terms of the Week 1 rookies.

But I still think you could only justify such a move if the keeper you were sacrificing was grossly underperforming and I don't think Grundy qualifies there, especially now that Cox has been given the flick so Grundy will now be operating as a lone wolf ruckman. So sadly I think you will just have to skip Witts and move on.

Borko · 29/03/2017 at 22:53

Yeah … I think I will hold based on selections and also that there is some doubt on Goldsteins ability to be a top 2 ruck this year … opens the door for Grundy to take that spot behind gawn. Plus I should have some more options next week to grab at least one of WHE or McGrath if they back it up.

Jeez Round 2 messes with your mind!

hedski · 29/03/2017 at 23:15

Speaking of crazy SCA, BigGAbonza is an avacado of my Gawn/Danger cull theory, 3 weeks to bang!!!!
      Hope he's baitin, good luck if not.

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 23:40

Is that right hedski ha ha?!

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 22:54

Yeah don't fix your side now…….
    You'll be able to do it next week won't you………….

LEKD0G · 29/03/2017 at 22:49

SCaddict · 29/03/2017 at 23:08

Well at least that now removes any uncertainty from the equation.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/03/2017 at 22:57

Thanks Lek. :()

Brandon · 29/03/2017 at 23:10

Jy Simpkin very underwhelming and now thinking will be starved of oppurtunties playing forward for north. Was hoping he'd play up the ground a little more but not much to like from the one game… although it is only one game does anyone think it's worth some dpp swings to trade him for McGrath? Only reason to pull the trigger this week is I don't have hannan/whe/Houston and if 2 of those perform this week it'll be hard to ignore them.. so anyone think it's a worthwhile trade or nah? Cheers

NoLanguage · 30/03/2017 at 01:42

Hold. Simpkin will play all year at North and if he stays fit could surprise – heaps of pace and flair

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 09:48

he is a future star. he will be given every chance this year. you are right though, hard work getting a kick in the Norf forward line this year.

Brandon · 30/03/2017 at 12:15

Thanks fellas will probably hold just wanted some opinions, hopefully he can snag a couple goals and get above 50! Haha

jpb69 · 29/03/2017 at 23:23

Can someone explain the VC loophole ?

Webspyda · 29/03/2017 at 23:34

2,057
Proj. Rd 2 pts

Interested in what others are seeing………

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:20

2115

Robbo · 30/03/2017 at 09:31

2349 Spyda but I use fantasy insider so there'll be about 1,000 of us with that projection

JEL · 30/03/2017 at 00:33

Thinking Nick for Buddy this week.

Adds a little cash to the kitty for next week's rookie fixup

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:21

Harvey · 30/03/2017 at 09:32

Same here.

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 10:01

Effectively turning Roo into Gawn is a great idea

JEL · 30/03/2017 at 19:02

Running with Hickilands in the Ruck and have Nank already fwd.
        Want to wait and see how they and my Def rookies pan out before upgrading them.

Definitely like the idea of Premo for Premo swap, & Buddy was on my short list for possible targets.
        Other options Fwd are McCrae or T Lynch

BundyBear · 30/03/2017 at 04:42

Whats the thoughts on Zach Merrett ?

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 09:45

if you didn't start with him, you need to wait for him to fall in price

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:51

He is a gun though

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 09:58

agree. But to succeed this year we are going to have to be good at shopping, look for the bargains (i need my wife to help me here). Building our cash reserves will be hard this year because of the poor rookie crop, therefore we need to be careful with spending it. Fallen premiums will be on my shopping list.

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 11:27

I agree. If week one was anything to go by most of them will slow burn perhaps 100k. This makes picking off value vital

Thomas · 30/03/2017 at 08:47

Going to hold NRoo, many people trading him out but should be a top 5 forward come end of season. Who should i loophole, Bowes or Butler?
Also holding Smith for 1 more week, who should i loophole, Otten, Hibberd or Stewart?

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:30

butler and otten

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 09:45

if playing for Leagues Holding NRoo isn't a bad idea.

Thomas · 30/03/2017 at 11:27

So if i'm going for rank also, i should trade him?

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 11:31

i think you do. The points you will lose having him on the bench will slip you down the rankings.

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:19

is gawn injured???

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 09:44

Coach says he has a bit of a sore back. Been on light duties all week but he will line up

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:46

Ok cool. Do you think he will still perform?

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 10:25

Against Carlton I'd have the captain on him if I had him

Youngy · 30/03/2017 at 09:50

Back soreness, He should be good to go

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:54

Hectic. Brought him in for roo. With the amount of rookie trades I am going to have to make next week (probably more than 2), it makes sense to bring in Hannan for Taranto to free up the cash. I don't like any of the other forward options and was running nankilands w/o sandi cover, so it now makes sense to correct that by picking big maxy

SCaddict · 30/03/2017 at 10:11

He's now been cleared to play:

Tony · 30/03/2017 at 12:01

Yep won't be playing this week spencer has got the call up my mate is his mate from school

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 14:48

Just got called up to play…. Stop talking s"%$ mate

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 17:22

Fell on wrist at training, late out for sure.

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 09:21

I have swung nank forward and picked gawn in the ruck. Taranto down to hannan for the cash. Thoughts?

Neil Demons Delight · 30/03/2017 at 09:35

With Rampe out Marsh is on the radar .How that affects Jones and Lloyd is most relevant.. Berry is getting closer and could be a better choice than McGrath .Interesting to see how he goes up north in the wet

Youngy · 30/03/2017 at 09:49

THE CHEAT SHEET IS BACK! Thanks Lek.

No trades for me this week, even if Swallow doesn't play I'll still hold him.

LEKD0G · 30/03/2017 at 14:49

Thanks mate!

top hawk · 30/03/2017 at 10:22

Will David Swallow play, or will he not……..I am praying that he does. Got Riewoldt and Joel bloody Smith. If he does play, then I will probably leave the trade button alone. If he does not, then I will be forced to make that corrective/forced/strategic trade.(Call it what you like) The million dollar question if I do pull the trade trigger is who to trade in for Riewoldt. Do I play the conservative card and simply switch for another premo (JJK or Macrea) or do I get aggressive and take a calculated risk and start my rookie fix up NOW. Obviously, it is always best to wait to decide on rookie selections until the completion of round 2. However, when you have serious potential rookie liabilities (Little ars-hole Pickett, M Hibberd, etc) then being slightly ahead of the curve with rookie adjustments might bear some good dividends. Out of all the forward rookies which gives me the most confidence to go a week early is- WILL HOSKIN ELLIOT. I am very confident that he is a genuine cash cow and will continue to produce decent scores (70's +) in the coming months.

If Swallow does not play, I am seriously considering trading out Riewoldt for WHE. Then next week it will be BANG BANG! Two more rookie adjustments with plenty of cash in the bank to play with. Any rookie (even a few midpricers) are then within my grasp based on this weeks performances. (Eg Harrison Marsh, Zak Jones, Troy Menzel, Jarrod Witts etc). Hopefully this plan will stabilize and settle my rookie set up going into round 3. Let me know your thoughts on my little strategy. Cheers

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 10:38

NRoo to WHE hmmmmmm I have a feeling you will look back & regret that. The idea of the game is to increase your number of premiums & get to full premium as quickly as possible. Anyway by the sounds of things Swallow will play

top hawk · 30/03/2017 at 10:59

Thanks mate. Very valid point. Hope your intel about Swallow playing is correct. Will make my life a lot easier trade wise this week. Do nothing unless dramas unfold during the round.

SCaddict · 30/03/2017 at 11:55

NRoo does need to go this week though, unless you are one of the fortunate few who have nailed all their rookies. Otherwise there is a good chance you will need to make at least two corrections next week and you don't want to have to blow one of those on a player that you already know needs to be traded.

With the apparent lack of decent cash generating rookies you certainly want to be on the few good ones by time Rd3 gets underway. I think there is a very good chance that WHE will prove to be one of those but if he spuds tonight we might have to dial that back. So the safest thing is to swap Roo with another premo right now or perhaps even a midpricer on the rise that you have some confidence in whether it be a Nank / Steele / Wingard / Miller / Higgins etc.

Then you could use those savings to maybe jump on a couple of the promising $200k rookies like WHE or Marchbank (if you don't already have him) next week. I realise you could hold NRoo and then directly downgrade to a rookie next week but taking that points hit in Rd2 is probably unnecessary in my view.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2017 at 12:23

swallow is good to go this week
    will play

Jono · 30/03/2017 at 10:22

Nroo to Steele? Already have Dahl and Buddy

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 10:31

If I was thinking of going NRoo to Steele I'd wait another week

top hawk · 30/03/2017 at 10:37

Wait another week. Just to make sure of it. A week is a long time in footy. Steele spuds up in the West, and then good news on the Riewoldt injury front. His knee problem is progressing better than first thought. Could be back in two weeks!……It happens all the time.

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 11:42

JackR said on 360 that if anyone could come back sooner rather than later after a knee injury it would be NRoo. Has played with knee pain for a long time, almost used to it. You never know, could be 2 weeks, but i would trade if i had him.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 10:54

With everyone going mid price heavy and packining about the rookies, I've decided to stick to my guns and rookies structure.

This is my 'shark move' if you would even call it that.

I'm hoping popular mid price picks like Steele and Nank slow down an average 85ish and end up 450k not being a keeper or making significant cash.

Trades will be important this year more than ever, so I'm
not gonna waste them on mid pricers that I think will end up in "no mans land".

I wish everyone luck and I would love to her your thoughts.

Cheers Liam.

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 11:07

The lack of quality rookies has forced everyone's hand into mid pricers. I think if you go a straight guns & rookies approach your going to be in trouble. The Cash generation doesn't look great at all

Neil Demons Delight · 30/03/2017 at 12:10

The problem there PIES is to get mids you have to cull a premium that means another premium to get and 2 trades unless your selected mids become keepers OLIVER MURPHY BEAMS to name 3

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 15:42

100% agree Neil not worth it.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 12:39

They only need one big score out of them to get good cash generation.

Neil Demons Delight · 30/03/2017 at 11:19

Trades are going to be important but so is getting the right rookies.and there may be lots to get.. IF we are confident about certain rookies then I would go early so we get the four early at the cheap .price . Already we can identify Hannan and McGrath as being quality rooks with a fair bit of optimism. I AM SURE WEEK 3 another couple of must haves will appear .Its a matter of anticipated judgement and luck. A few top 100 players in this forum have voiced this opinion given the year we have been dished up so far

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 13:30

Hannan is the only one standing out to me atm that I don't have. Will trade him in next week.

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 11:37

i think the rookies might have been shell-shocked a bit first round. it was a fast running week, high scoring in good conditions. might have caught a few of them off guard as to the pace of the game. hopefully they will come out better this week.

Neil Demons Delight · 30/03/2017 at 12:06

does that mean the bunnies are unchanged.More than most you were dealt a bad hand.You said you were going to be aggressive in early trading to cull rookies early Round 2 too early or do you need a bigger picture Derek Cheers

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 12:32

i think it is my first rule, Get the right rookies.

I have Smith in Defense who will have to go. I don't need a loophole, as i started the season with Berry on my bench for that.

Don't have Otten, but i doubt his JS. Didn't see melb game so i don't know about Hannan (always like to see for myself with a rookie, thats why i really rate Simpkin).

I'll probably hold on trading out Smith for one more week to see if hannan named Round 3. Smith was on bench anyhow and i also have Stewart on bench if needed.

Shake n bake · 30/03/2017 at 17:19

Newman to be named this week.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2017 at 12:20

I'm with Derek.,

Its only 1 week and granted most deposited a nasty stain on our SC underwear they will be better for the run and should put up a better score this week.

Q, if pickett comes out and kicks 4 lays a couple of tackles and posts and 95 and butler has a quiet game tonight and posts a 55 does that change things?

Hopefully after this week the picture may be a bit clearer and gives us some idea to make a more informed decision of who may score enough to generate some green but more importantly who is going to stay in the team long enough to make us some green.
      Be interesting to see team sheets tonight.
      Keep in mind your dearer rooks need to make 75 or more to go up at the same rate of a rookie priced at $124k who scores 60's

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 15:44

Again agree Trig. Worst case scenario I have a few bad scores on field but will catch up with my premiums over mid pricers and later rounds when I should get to full premo earlier.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 13:01

I agree Derek. Some showed so signs of scoring. The rookies will apear.

The Ranger · 30/03/2017 at 13:23

I hope you're right Liam 'cos if not my season is buggered!
    I've tried running midpricer teams before and never managed to get to the magic 13mil number early enough if at all.
    Early days tho, hard to get a read on it at this stage.

Randomcliche2 · 30/03/2017 at 13:37

I've run mid priced madness for many years. It's bloody difficult and highly variable. GnR beats it every time a rookie who you don't/can't pick scores the same at your mid pricer. Running Midpriced madness can lead you to the vegi patch to make a salad.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 15:46

Guns and rookies will still be better this year imo. My team is purely guns and rookies so my season also depends on it.

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:55

It's not really a shark move.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 18:44

Yes I know, but a lot less common this year than the previous years.

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:54

Agree you shouldn't trade them in, you should already have the good ones.

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 18:45

You must be an amazing SCer if you can pick all the right players.

Andy Bull · 30/03/2017 at 10:57

How do I go about finding the link to the Jock Reynolds Supercoach Group – assuming there is one?

Cheers, AB

Kyle · 30/03/2017 at 11:12

Forward line CURRENT
Dahl, Roo, Roughy, Nank, Butler, Houston, Eddy, Pickett. $69k

IS trading Roo for Steele a good move??

Thoughts appreciated.

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 11:40

i would prefer trading one keeper for another keeper. getting to full premium asap is the name of the game.

ask yourself why you didn't have Steele in the first place and what has changed in 1 week?

Kyle · 30/03/2017 at 12:12

That's what i'm thinking. I'm not keen on any of the key-forwards as they're too inconsistent. Straight swap for Macrae?

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 15:47

100%

Astro · 30/03/2017 at 11:46

Anyone who trades now (unless there's an injury) is already out of the competition. No trades till bye…stick to your guns!

Finnius123 · 30/03/2017 at 12:06

Big statement mate. I'm not sure abou that….. Early trading could really work this year, just depends on what trades you are doing

Neil Demons Delight · 30/03/2017 at 12:13

Just cant see the wisdom in keeping mistakes and to byes wow

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 12:41

I disagree Astro. Trade when it's appropriate to do us

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:52

Exactly

Northernsoul74 · 30/03/2017 at 12:38

I wouldn't trade this week but you will need to trade before the byes. The rookies are poor so will hit break evens way before the bye.

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 12:50

They might be maxed out by round 5 Northern!!! Hibbo Jnr with his majestic 23 might go backwards

Rick Grimes · 30/03/2017 at 13:16

You might have trades left but you'll be raked out of contention. Past winners have made corrective trades early, it's part of the game. As long as there's a plan behind them, rather than chasing last week's points, it's a legit strategy. Getting the right rookies is worth 2-3 trades, easy.

The Ranger · 30/03/2017 at 13:39

Someone posted this trading strategy a couple of years back and I've used it as a rough basis ever since.
      Two correctives (R3);
      Five up and downs (R5-11);
      Triple downgrade (R12-13);
      Triple upgrade (R14);

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:52

There's no system that is going to work every year, just adapt.

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:53

Anyone who can't use their brain to use their trades appropriately for their individual team are out of the competition.

Shake n bake · 30/03/2017 at 13:39

Does anybody know what the weather is supposed to be like gor the gws suns game?

INPieman · 30/03/2017 at 13:58

Partly cloudy & 22 with 64% humidity. No rain forecast

Shake n bake · 30/03/2017 at 14:02

Tnx Pieman

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 14:04

It's dumping down now, but should clear by tommorrow. Will still be wet in ground.

Beezneez · 30/03/2017 at 14:24

weatherzone.com.au and enter the postcode.

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:58

Use the freakin internet?

Howie · 30/03/2017 at 13:51

So to settle the NROO debate for me thoughts for who i should bring in: JJK, Buddy or Macrae?
My thoughts are JJK although i have never had him in one of my teams before and although Macrae is probably the safest bet i like West Coast this year and he also has the lowest ownership from the 3, again realise this should not be a basis for a decision all input would be much appreciated.

Derek · 30/03/2017 at 14:02

I started with McCrae. Didn't see anything that would change my mind. Guenuine midfilder with FWD status usually gold for SC.

He scored 115DT on weekend means he touched the ball plenty of times, just needs to do more with it to score good SC pts.

Howie · 30/03/2017 at 14:15

Reckon McCrae's price will go up much more i still want him in at some stage or will JJK's price dip and be a better target down the track.
      More crucial than any season to get players at the right price with our rubbish rookies.

Borko · 30/03/2017 at 14:19

Here's an idea … sit back and watch the rookies thurs, fri, sat and sun early game … most of them play in that time. If all goes well, do nothing.

If they spud it up and we need cash for next week to grab best expensive rookies, then maybe trade fyfe down to oliver.

Will cost 2 trades (1 to do it and 1 to upgrade oliver to a premium … I think he can get to $500k for a straight swap for a fallen premium around the byes). Then can replace two dud rookies with two good options … prob about same point gen too.

Crazy ideas for crazy times?

Liam · 30/03/2017 at 15:55

Fyfe will average 120, Oliver 95.

That's a loss of 25pts per game and 2 trades.

Will the money you use improve your scoring enough to warrant doing this trade. Probably not.

Rookie is important but don't sacrifice points and premos for it.

Truthsayer · 30/03/2017 at 16:49

Waste of time, should've kept money if you wanted to do repairs.

Webspyda · 31/03/2017 at 14:16

Trade Treloar and keep Fyfe

Thomas · 30/03/2017 at 14:23

Riewoldt to Higgins, JJK or Buddy?

Northernsoul74 · 30/03/2017 at 14:39

Buddy for me.

LEKD0G · 30/03/2017 at 14:50

Buddy

Finnius · 30/03/2017 at 19:00

Seriously hope not

Northerner · 30/03/2017 at 22:21

Please. Somebody explain to me how Aish scores higher than Howe. Also Treloar was a star tonight and he gets the ball forward, often on the bounce to a team mate which he obviously scores nothing for. If this continues we might as well all just play Fanasy where possies count regardless of merit. Losing faith.

Northerner · 30/03/2017 at 22:28

I think they have to start posting the names of the stats crew monitoring each game. Clearly there are those that certain reviewers favour over others. At least we'd have a better chance of picking our captain with certainty of who is monitoring.

Mich · 30/03/2017 at 22:47

Aish – 64, Howe – 89. Treloar went 65% efficiency with mostly uncontested possessions
    I really doubt there's a conspiracy going on honesty, north, just shitty kicking

Northerner · 31/03/2017 at 05:39

Thanks Mich. The scores recalibrated a few minutes after the game on the Herald Sun website and went green on the SC app as final with Howe on 61 and Treloar on 81. I have awoken and the universe has righted itself.

Northerner · 31/03/2017 at 18:32

I've got one for the SuperCoach powers that be. Let us have 3 trades after round 2!!