Barron Supercoach Team Reveal

Hello, Jock Reynolds Community and welcome to the 2017 team reveal of The SloaneRangers.

The team you see before you has been hand crafted by expert Supercoach artisans, gently wrapped in the finest of silks and then finally, completely smashed to oblivion as I make several desperate last minute changes to my side.

I will admit, there were a few changes based on new information coming out of the JLT Series, but the nucleus of my side has actually remained constant through most of the pre-season, which may actually be a first for me. If I actually fare any better once the season remains to be seen, but if we don’t have hope, what do we have? Sure, there’s Oreos in the cupboard, but I don’t think there’s enough there for me to stress eat my way through an entire season.

I haven’t left much wiggle room in terms of salary cap on this team, with just $15.7K remaining, so cash generation will be very important to this side. And now on to the selections!

DEFENDERS

BarronDEF

The top 3 are obvious. Kade Simpson is both consistent and likely to play every game of the year, Heath Shaw is just too good to pass up and Laird has the potential to be even better than he was last year if he can start winning more ball in the middle. Shaw was one of my changes, I originally had Jeremy Howe, who after a slow start to 2016 he ended up averaging 100 SCPoints from about Round 6 onwards, but the thought of the Pies getting desperate and swinging him up forward scared me off him some.

Marchbank will hopefully average in the 75-80 range, enough to put points on the board and make some nice cash. The D5 onwards is the best of who is playing in terms of rookie selections. Hampton averaged 88 SCPoints in the JLT series, I imagine his midfield time will decrease when Sloane and when/if Brad Crouch returns, but he may instead occupy the half forward role Richard Douglas had last year, one that saw him spend about 30% of his time in the midfield. Dougy averaged 77 SCPoints last year, so if Hampton can hit that he’ll make some decent coin. The rest of the defenders is made up of whoever is available at a rookie price.

MIDFIELD

BarronMID

There should be plenty of points being put on the board with Dangerfield, Treloar, Kennedy and Fyfe on the field. I’ve gone for Treloar over Pendles just because I’m banking on Treloar having a better ability to post a greater average in 2017 than he did in 2016, whereas I think the opposite may be true for Pendles (greater chance of averaging less in 2017). Matt Crouch was a last minute addition to the side, Robbie Gray was originally in his position, but missing 2 of the 3 pre-season games with soreness turned him from a starter to a potential upgrade target instead.

As for the reason for selecting Matt Crouch, there are the obvious stagnating risks in doing so, but it’s mostly down to opportunity. The rumours I’ve been hearing that even when healthy Scott Thompson won’t be a first choice selection which leaves even more inside work for Matt to take care of. People will say it’s a homer pick, sure, I can understand that, but it’s one that isn’t without it’s upside. Dayne Beams is a risk also, just because of his injury history, but if he can stay healthy then history says he’ll be one of the best midfielders, which is a great deal for his price.

SPP is an obvious rookie selection, he’ll be in damn near every team, and the rest of the midfield, like all other rookies, will have to be made up of whatever is available to us in Round 1.

RUCKS

BarronRUC

Yes, even with all the Spencer talks Gawn is still in my side…for the moment.

He is the one pick in my side I am the most unsure of at this stage, but I do still have the opportunity to downgrade him to someone like Goldstein, Grundy or Martin when the teams are named and use the extra cash elsewhere (upgrading Matt Crouch to Selwood for example). Worst case scenario is even if I swap Gawn out and the Spencer experiment only lasts a week or two, Gawn probably won’t be much more expensive than his starting price if I trade him in later.

Nankervis is a value selection who will be moved into the forward line later in the season when he’s hopefully averaging in the 90-95 SCPoint range. That’ll allow me to then pick the next best ruckman to trade in as my R2 later in the year.

FORWARDS

BarronFWD

I went back and forth with a few selections here, Roughead was in and out, but he was squeezed out for now, but if the above Gawn downgrade occurs, he could be back in for Hoskin-Elliot.

I’m quite excited by Riewoldts potential, so his starting price doesn’t bother me and while you can almost guarantee Franklin will cheaper at some point in the year, he’s a likely chance to finish as a top 5 forward again in 2017. I’m banking on Hoskin-Elliot being my Marchbank up forward, hopefully he’ll hit the same sort of average and make some cash. At this stage it seems like we’ve got fewer solid rookie options than last year, hence the selection of these 200K players.

I wasn’t super enthused with picking Taranto, but it feels like picking someone like Pickett is a waste of a pick considering he may be so inconsistent with his scoring in the JLT series, I’d say he’ll be the Menadue of 2017, but hopefully that doesn’t occur to Taranto. We already know Butler is named for Round 1, so he’s likely there, but the Port boys in Eddy and Houston are not guaranteed yet.

So that’s my side for 2017, and like all Supercoach sides, I’m sure there will be some who love it, some who hate it and others that will be sitting there who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about “What’s to be done with this Barron Von Crow?”

Anyway, I’d love to hear your thoughts on my side in the comments below.

@BarronVonCrow

COACHKINGS KICKS OFF ON THURSDAY! FIND YOUR NEAREST VENUE HERE

CoachKings

Sana · 21/03/2017 at 09:32

Like it Barron. Just when I thought I was sorted, you've got me pondering again. Especially on Matt Crouch.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:06

Thanks, Sana.

I'm hoping a combination of him being the main extracter and increased game time is enough to pop his average up some. Fingers crossed!

Nick Wealands · 21/03/2017 at 09:35

Very similar to my starting squad Barron with the premo defenders and forwards the exact.
Interesting to see Gawn at F1 despite bloody Spencer, could definitely see people running the Nankilands and then upgrading when the dust is settled to make sure they get the true #1 ruck

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:07

I'd say Gawn is the pick that has the highest chance of changing between now and Round 1. Rucks have been easy picks if you decide to go full premo in the past, this year it's bloody difficult!

Tibor · 22/03/2017 at 12:09

I have changed away from max quite a few times but keep coming back. He got a fair chop out in the ruck last year from Pederson and even Watts and the time away from rucking didn't hurt his output. If they run Spencer Max still won't do a lot of sitting on the bench. He has shown last year he can be very handy as a mark and goal deep forward. They will use him this way and bring Hogan further up to get him into the play. This is why Watts job security is so poor. What you lose from hit outs from Max you might more than recover in Mark goal points. The 7 scores of 140+ has me now locking big max in…………I think

Ben · 21/03/2017 at 09:39

I like it alot

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:07

Thanks Ben!

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 09:39

The Nank at R2 surprises me.

I get why people will have the Nank, and that is mainly for Ruck cover, especially if they have Sandilands.

But having him at R2 defeats the purpose of having him as cover. Surely you don't think he will score better than Sandilands in a H2H battle, plus he is $50k more?

Sana · 21/03/2017 at 10:12

Perhaps its just that Nank is more likely to survive the season?

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 10:40

Agree, but you have him at F7 to finish.

I can't see where he fits. Sandi is a better option at R2 and Roughie a better option at F4.

Therefore the only thing he has is the DPP.

To get best value out of the DPP he needs to be at F4 with another DPP at R3.

Btw……. word out of hawks training is that Roughie been training with the midfield group.

fatboyfat7 · 21/03/2017 at 10:56

Nank might be F6 at years end if he can get an 85-90 average. A 90 average would have him T10 based on last years scores now we're missing so many DPP options. Sandi the better R2 option for me too though.

Concern with Roughy is can you see him being able to play 22 games, especially if he's going through the guts? Massive ask, I could see him getting fatigued mid way through. We'd have our conerns if he was coming back from a knee or something and he's battled cancer… Thats going to be far more taxing on his body. Love to be proven wrong….

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 11:18

No problems with Roughie.

You can see Clarko eyes light up when was talking about Roughie a few days ago. He said Roughie was the difference last year, even though the Hawks talk about one soldier down another one takes their place, he admitted that he underestimated how much they missed him.

fatboyfat7 · 21/03/2017 at 11:42

Still doesn't mean there's 22 games in him though! That's what I'm unsure about, not his ability…

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 13:47

Sandy at R2 and nank F6 definetly the way to go suggest an oversight right Baron

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:05

Sandi may break down, Baron can move Nank at some point and see how the other rucks play out and pick the no.2 ruck after gawn. Really smart move and not sure why people can't see this.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:09

It's a move based on durability basically. I have no faith on Sandilands lasting, so hoping that Nankervis does while also having the ability to swing him forward later in the year and have him as a FWD.

It's the same move I planned last year with Kurt Tippett, one which didn't work out because of his own durability issues.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 14:45

The Nank has a TBC feel about it….

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 15:05

Definitely could turn out that way! But you gotta take a risk somewhere, so I've made my stand here.

T-Mitch · 21/03/2017 at 16:25

I'm starting nank at R1 planning on finishing the year at F5/6 if all goes well, big risk but I'm going to roll the dice

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:07

lol

Yet nank is

1. Young

2. Not injury prone.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 23:29

Maybe more like a Lobbe then

Burnmen · 22/03/2017 at 00:14

Possibly.

I just checked nank's previous supercoach stats playing second fiddle to Tippet and Pyke.

Made me even more happy to throw away the key.

oldmate65 · 21/03/2017 at 09:44

Anyone else going with Ryder at R1 if he is named alone?

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 10:08

He should be in as a forward

Johnny Bee · 21/03/2017 at 15:36

Not neccesarily Derek. If you're starting the Nank forward it's OK to start Ryder at F1. Now starting both Ryder and the Nank at R1 and R2 would be silly

Johnny Bee · 21/03/2017 at 15:42

That should read R1 not F1

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:07

Not necessarily. Ryder and nank at R1 and R2 is just a cheap ruck option while you wait for Gawn and whoever you want as no.2 to go down in price.

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 12:12

I like the selection but keep thinking it's important to compare him with his one other season in Power colours. When you look at it that way, he won't be a keeper and won't make great coin…

Johnny Bee · 21/03/2017 at 15:32

Steeeve his one other season in Power colours he had to share ruck duties for a lot of weeks with Floggy, sorry Lobbe. The question was Ryder at R1 if named alone. Lobbe has completely fallen out of favour since then

@t_woof · 21/03/2017 at 19:01

Nope, have Stef at R1. Ryder F3 at present.

fatboyfat7 · 21/03/2017 at 09:48

Like it, surprised there's no Sandi. Also, R11 bye will be hard to handle in your forward line…

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:10

Not massively concerned with the byes at this stage, I usually try to tank a round anyway, so if it's Rd 11, so be it!

Also have Tom Lynch from the GC as a potential trade in target then too.

I N Pieman · 21/03/2017 at 10:06

Very solid BVC. Certainly an interesting ruck combo. Can't say I've seen that too often if at all. With the Swans announcing that Darcy Cameron will line up round 1 he could be your cover. Thank god there's some sanity after yesterday's team reveal. Good luck for the season

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:11

Yes, good chance that Cameron comes in to open the swing up full time.

Randomcliche2 · 21/03/2017 at 23:11

Afl.com.au reporting an infection to keep him out…damn

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/03/2017 at 10:10

Nice one BVC.
I like the 3 premo defence – 4 rooks on the ground is a bridge too far for mine esp with all those who may/may not be playing games on Sunday.
No otten? Being a crows man are u worried about his job security?
Mids like everyone depends on rookie selection esp Barrett being upgraded an named.
When do rookies have to be upgraded by? First bounce?
Rucks agree with Derek. Nank at R2? Love to hear your thoughts of why he is r2 and not sandi?
Injury history.
I too am looking at starting WHE, and tarranto fwd. They r dear but the I think u need to spend on dearer rooks here as the options are not appealing esp the inconsistent scoring get small fwd.

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 13:50

Is Turner an option TRIG

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/03/2017 at 14:17

Turner or WHE – depends when teams drop. Turner does give you another $40k.
      apparently simpkin could also play but not sure about role going forward.

EVW and hibberd not guaranteed to play – coach will look at mix on Sunday and decide then – thanks for that Scotty.

Marchbank is the one that I have put in and out I think everyday.

If I put him in then have him at d4 and Hampton at d5 with only d6 and bench to be made up of EVW, hibberd, Ottens, Stewart etc
      But if I put him in have to either reduce ruck or fwd line.
      See most teams with 8 rooks on field are rolling the dice and going marchbank, Hampton then 4 rooks.
      Maybe don't need Marchbank with an extra premo in def?
      So would be Hampton d4 and then 4 rooks out of the rest.

This one is doing my head in and as blues are first up need to make the call before 1st game.

Whaddya think mate?

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:19

Hey, Trig.

Not massive on Ottens job security to be honest. I think the mistake people are making is having Otten and Cheney as like for like replacements, which I don't see. Otten would replace a Talia or Hartigan, Cheney's role is to go big/small and have the ability to zone off his man and intercept or smother at another contest. Otten doesn't have the speed or agility to play smaller and is more of a 1-1 defender than an intercepter. I think he might get a gig in Rd 1 since the Giants will likely line up with Cameron, Patton and Lobb, but after that they may decide to do a Cheney like for like replacement and put Kelly in, or decide to add more speed at ground level and put Mackay back there permanently. Anyway, that all remains to be seen.

Nank over Sandilands is purely about minimizing injury risks. If (and always a big if) my plan works it means it takes 1 upgrade and I'm filling my R2 and F6 spots with keepers, whereas if I pick Sandi and he gets hurt then it's 1 trade to upgrade Sandi and another to upgrade a forward spot.

And yea, the complete lack of quality looking forward rookies meant I had to go more expensive. I originally had Riley Knight in here, but he only played the 1 NAB game and WHE had some solid form. Cam McCarthy was in the mix, but he booted 6 goals and only managed a score in the 80's from it. He won't be booting that many goals in the real thing every week, so I question just how well he can score this year.

leg · 21/03/2017 at 10:44

Love the WHE, does anyone think that taranto and whe would be good rooks up forward, and maybe have an extra premo in defence?

Rowdz · 21/03/2017 at 10:45

if you had to pick 1, who would it be
Witts in Ruck or
WHE up Fwd?
Already have Tarranto
Thoughts and comments appreciated.

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:10

I'd go Witts, although WHE could benefit from De Goey being out…

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 10:46

Would love some insight from the community on what is (hoepfully) close to my final team.

$49,400 left in the bank

Def:
Docherty, Shaw, Marchbank
Hampton, Otten, Hibberd (Vickers-Willis/Stewart)

Mid:
Danger, Hannebery, Z.Merrett,
J.Selwood, Fyfe, Bontempelli,
Treloar, D.Beams (Barrett, Powell-Pepper, Pickett)

Ruck:
Sandilands, Witts(Strnadica)

Fwd:
J.J.Kennedy, Dahlhaus, Nankervis,
W.Hoskin-Elliott, Eddy, Balic (Schoenmakers, Butler)

As always, rookies will change. The other change I'm considering is downgrading the Bont to fill a hole in DEF or FWD made by a missing/not named rookie. I feel the MIDs have the safest options with regards to spending on premiums and guaranteed keepers, and also the weakest for rookies, hence the depth.

I think I've got the best spread I can get for the byes

Coach Carter · 21/03/2017 at 11:03

Like it, that midfield bats very deep…my only concern would be Witts at R2. Big risk in my opinion with no SC runs on the board before. An upgrade to Sandi by downgrading a mid?

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 12:49

Had witts and nank before JLT so theyve only done no wrong.. i dont like having sandi but his ceiling to price ratio is just to great haha.. fingers crossed for all 3

Dac Zawson · 21/03/2017 at 12:05

Going that deep in the mids means that you can't jump on/upgrade to any midfield guns that could be having ripper years and would either have to rely on injuries or wasting trades if 1-2 of your mids slid to top 15-20 in their position.

Personally I'd go one premo mid to a rookie or even Jaegar O'Meara, and then upgrade Hoskin Elliot to a premo forward as I don't see his scoring potential being overly high.

Best of luck Hitch

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 12:47

Thanks dac, JOM had been there until i decided cam McCarthy wasnt going to generate more than 100k (av <60).. so dropped him and upgraded.. trying to be as close as i can to guns and rookies, except for the rucks obviously..

BlakeyP · 21/03/2017 at 12:23

Your deep mid field is costing you on all other lines. You have 2 extra MID prems than most you need to drop 1 so that SPP is on the field, he is wasted on the bench he will out score at least 4 of your onfield rookie.

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 12:44

That might be true blakey, my problem being that i cant choose, with any certainy, other players on the other lines. The team is totally dependent on enough rookies with enough job security playing, that goes without saying but the one thing i dont want to be doing this year is to be burning trades on premiums.. lets see what happens when the teams drop.. cheers

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:37

Not the way I'm going, but I really like this. You have chosen only players with a legitimate shot at being among the top few at their position, and players who will make you money. I just hope you get enough good rookies on the defence and forward lines to make you money — and that you don't miss out on any unforseen gun mid rookies due to being so deep in the mids.

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 13:57

nice team but like the others one too many mids one less in def. If Stevens or Rocky crack it you need a sidewards trade very undesirable good luck will still do well

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 14:36

Thanks guys, we can't avoid risk totally so have to choose where and what to risk, I guess this way I'm risking possibly not having the top 8 mids, maybe 8 of the top 12. I think I would prefer that to a t.adams injury or j.lloyd 'not breakout' year etc. who knows though.. might be a freak year where all the mid-pricers just go baaanngg

Coach Carter · 21/03/2017 at 11:09

Looks good Barron. Crouch is certainly interesting, but you make some valid points. Could be a great Pod. Kade Simpson is interesting this year, it could only be his age putting anybody off as he has proven durability/scoring potential. Good balance though mate, it's difficult to ignore so many mid pricers that represent good value this year.
I'm going in without Roughy, JOM, Steele etc at this stage, but all look tempting. Swallow interests me, what are people's thoughts on his role this year with Barlow, Hanley and even Ablett being added to that rotation now?

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 12:14

Seems to me Swallow will line up on a wing or at half forward. Should be able to average 80, hopefully more. Should have made you enough coin by his round 9 bye. I currently have the 'big 3' risky mids — Swallow, JOM and Beams. If I have to drop one it will likely be JOM, I can see him being rested.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:22

Thanks Coach!

Yes, all very tempting the mid-pricers, but I stuck by my promise of staying away from as many as possible. I think 1 or 2 is OK, but tried to avoid having them on every line.

Swallow is an interesting one. Heard them saying that he's basically going to have his work ramped up slowly during the year, start off ball and slowly increase his time in the middle. Makes me worry that he could do some of his best scoring after most people have traded him out.

JerseyforHawks · 21/03/2017 at 11:10

Not bad, I do not think Teai Miles will see action too soon, but hey, I may be wrong. Suggest JOM, if you have the cash.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 15:52

Miles is only in if he plays. Bench spots are fluid up until Rd 1

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/03/2017 at 11:12

Exciting times lads, getting close to game time!

Can I get a few opinions on the squad please :

Doch, Shaw, Adams, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, EVW, Stewart

Danger, JPK, Trealor, Fyfe, TMitchell, Beams, Oliver, Powell-Pepper, Pickett, Hibberd, Parfitt

Nank, Sandi, Cameron

Riewolt, Dalhaus, Roughhead, Steele, Taranto, Eddy, Butler, Houston.

I'm leaning towards ditching TMitchell going for Selwood and either downgrading Cameron Strna. Thoughts?

Dac Zawson · 21/03/2017 at 12:07

If Cameron plays Round 1 I'd keep him and then once he's made some coin downgrade to a loophole option.
    Personally I'd upgrade Oliver or Steele and downgrade the other, but I imagine you have your reasons for selecting them

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/03/2017 at 12:22

Thanks for your info mate. Might upgrade Hibberd to Barrett about it.

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/03/2017 at 12:23

Also toying with Laird instead of Admas though 3 ds from Crows worries me.

Burnmen · 22/03/2017 at 00:15

Why?

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 20:47

Go for Laird like you're thinking and good pick with Oliver. I was tossing up between him and parish but took parish. Good pick.

nathan · 21/03/2017 at 11:21

try and find the money for zac dawson good stepping stone

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 13:56

i would seriously hold off on Dawson for a few weeks, see how Fyfe is going in the midfield. If Dawson doesn't get any midfield time I doubt he will be make much cash

I'm thinking he might even be Rookie Priced at some stage this year, jump on then

Cliffy · 21/03/2017 at 11:34

Very solid work BVC.

Hey by the way got a public league that's completely empty at the moment, I know it's last minute to ask but anyone interested in joining the code is 123798 🙂

No pressure at all plenty of spots community haha.

Philbobaggins · 21/03/2017 at 13:18

Just joined your league Cliffy 🙂

Cliffy · 21/03/2017 at 14:09

Cheers Philbobaggins! 🙂

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:22

Thanks, Cliffy!

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 20:48

Damn missed out!

the nank · 21/03/2017 at 11:43

Thoughts community

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Hampton, Ed Vicker-Willis (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Danger, JPK, Trealor, Fyfe, Watson, Beams, JOM, SPP (Miles, Wigg, Parfitt)

Ruck: Grundy, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: JJK, Dahlhaus, Buddy, Roughie, Taranto, Butler (Cameron, Eddy)

Plan
Hopefully Watson can average 100-105 and make 100k then trade up to premo such as tmitch or if I can find the cash Jelwood at around round 7-10
See how Sandi goes but hoping to upgrade around 7-10 and see what ruckmen available
Hopefully JOM can average 95+ and gain cash quickly for quick upgrade to fallen premo
Thoughts community?

Dac Zawson · 21/03/2017 at 12:12

Personally I think you're overestimating Jobe; yes he will have some big games that give us a glimpse of the good old days, but a year out has to have some affect on his consistency, so I'd say a mid 90's average is most likely

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 20:49

Good pick with watson. He will make the cash you need don't worry about that

Carl · 21/03/2017 at 21:11

What Dac said – can't see Watson Ave 100, with that at his price makes him irrelevant this year. Would try to find some extra cash for Titch

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/03/2017 at 11:47

Pick two out of Shaw, Laird & Adams….

the nank · 21/03/2017 at 11:50

Shaw and laird

FEARTHEBEARD · 21/03/2017 at 12:43

Thanks for your opinion Nank.

Anyone else ?

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 14:02

agree SHAW and LAIRD adams too risky and wont outscore either

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 13:58

I have Laird and adams.

I like picking midfielders in defence, Laird will be a mid this year.

Shaw is a bit expensive, will get later

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:07

Agreed

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 20:49

Shaw and laird

The Ranger · 21/03/2017 at 11:47

Solid team Barron. I like the structure.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:23

Thanks Ranger. Pretty happy with it, don't think it changed much all pre-season, just the players coming in and out of it.

Hayden Hoare · 21/03/2017 at 11:53

like this team, almost same as mine but instead 1 premo (buddy) and a rookie which he has done i have gone 2 mid price (o meara and rounghead)

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:23

Hopefully great minds, Hayden!

Wedge · 21/03/2017 at 11:57

Feel free to jump in my league. 273448
Have so much respect for this community. Last three years the knowledge here has lifted me from 20,000 to 10,000 to 1800 last year. Hoping for top 1000 this year and stronger teams in my league is vital. Cheers

the nank · 21/03/2017 at 11:58

Which structure should i go in with
option 1
DEF: Shaw, Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Hampton, Ed Vicker-Willis (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Danger, JPK, Trealor, Fyfe, Watson, Beams, JOM, SPP (Miles, Wigg, Parfitt)

Ruck: Grundy, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: JJK, Dahlhaus, Buddy, Roughie, Taranto, Butler (Cameron, Eddy)

Option 2
DEF: Shaw, Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Hampton, Ed Vicker-Willis (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Danger, JPK, Trealor, Jelwood, Beams, JOM, SPP (Miles, Wigg, Parfitt)

Ruck: Nank, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: JJK, Dahlhaus, Buddy, Roughie, Taranto, Butler (Cameron, Eddy)

Option 3
DEF: Simpson, shaw , thurlow, Hampton, Ed Vicker-Willis, Stewart (Newman, Otten)

MID: Danger, JPK, Trealor, Jelwood, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, SPP (Miles, Wigg, Parfitt)

Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Strndica)

Forward:Dahlhaus, Caddy, Roughie, Steele, Taranto, Butler (Cameron, Eddy)

Dac Zawson · 21/03/2017 at 12:15

Despite the fact I don't like the Watson pick at all, I'd probably choose Option 1

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 14:00

I like 3. It doesn't have Howe

Randomcliche2 · 21/03/2017 at 23:43

All very similar…but
    Option 2. No Watson, no Gawn (s.t. Spencer named).

Ryan · 21/03/2017 at 11:59

Would you rather:

Beams, Omeara, Greene

or

Beams, swallow, Mcrae or any other FWD cheaper then 527K?

cheers community

the nank · 21/03/2017 at 12:14

Option 2 all the way

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 12:15

Second option, including Macrae

Dac Zawson · 21/03/2017 at 12:15

Option 1

jordan batis · 21/03/2017 at 12:07

shawly a good steele is getting fyfe at such a dangerousfeildly cheap price for mohr points than people more expensive than him.

Seth · 21/03/2017 at 12:17

jordy batis, good one. Got a league? Ill flog ya

MorrowSC · 21/03/2017 at 12:14

DEF:
Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Hibbered, VW)

MID:
Danger, Selwood, Treloar, JPK, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt)

RUCK:
Sandi, Witts (Strnadica)

FWD:
Dahl, Buddy, Lynch, Higgins, Nank, Taranto (Schoenmakers, Eddy)>

Still got $250k left to potentially upgrade Witts to Hickey if he's named as a R1 lone wolf, loading up my FWD line with premo's who will be top 8. Not sure on my mids.. too cookie cutter? I've had Sloane/Zorko floating in and out of them for weeks. THOUGHTS??

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:41

Upgrade witts to grundy maybe?
    If you don't have enough drop one of Higgins or Lynch and grab someone else like a roughed or someone?

mmmmm · 21/03/2017 at 12:19

jack steele or roughie? real head scratcher

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 15:25

Proven versus unproven. Captain versus shift clubs because I am not best 22.

mmmmm · 21/03/2017 at 17:47

sound reasoning

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:43

Roughead

simon · 21/03/2017 at 12:26

league codes?

Randomcliche2 · 21/03/2017 at 23:48

Top left hand corner in app bud…assuming you want invite not be invited….

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 12:29

I've just gone Jaeger OUT Florent IN
So I can also upgrade Rance to Shaw, and Strnadica to Cameron.

Good move or bad?

jez_m · 21/03/2017 at 16:56

The only worry with Florent is job security

Carl · 21/03/2017 at 21:17

Same for Cameron. Also the likelihood of him ave 40 and not making any cash

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:44

Yeah job security but also gives the mid/fwd
    I had him as my last fwd originally but made way without him and got other rookies instead

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:08

Bad

Steve · 21/03/2017 at 12:36

Which MID would you grab for 604K?

I already have Cripps, Fyfe and Beams under this price and this player will be my M3.

Cheers

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:13

I'm still high on the Bont. End of last season I said Bont and Cripps would be must haves to start the year. Both had interrupted preseasons so I've cooled my jets there (upgraded Cripps to Treloar). But I have both in my top 10 midfielders.
    A cheaper option again could be Titch. Absolute bargain if he can push his average to 110, which I think is likely.

Steve · 21/03/2017 at 14:06

Already have Treloar, dont see why people dont want cripps. Yes he had an interrupted pre season but when he came back for the 3rd JLT game he had 26 tocuhes in 60% of game time. I have also considered robbie gray.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 14:03

Find another $1k and get Treloar

Steve · 21/03/2017 at 14:15

Already have him Derek

Abel · 21/03/2017 at 16:42

Titchell, rocky, kelly, hall ate my fave at this price point

Abel · 21/03/2017 at 16:42

Delicious

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:45

Zmerret

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:08

Jack Steven

The Tex Factor · 21/03/2017 at 12:40

I want Heath Shaw but I just keep staring at the price tag. Which option is better?

1. Shaw, Marchbank, JOM

2. Lloyd/Mills, Z.Guthrie (pending selection), T.Mitchell

Current lineup:

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart (Otten, EVW)
MID: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, JOM, SPP (Hibberd, Parfitt, Barrett)
R: Grundy, Sandi (Strndica)
FWD: Dahl, Buddy, Roughy, Nank, Taranto, Houston (Pickett, Eddy)
$5,400 bank

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:14

Shaw was a lot more expensive last year. His price tag looks decent in comparison. I'd take him over Simpson any day. And I'd definitely back him in over Lloyd/Mills. They're teammates. It's highly unlikely they will BOTH break out. That's a risk whoever you might choose. Marchbank is also safe, whereas Guthrie might never get a game.

@t_woof · 21/03/2017 at 19:07

I'd go with option one Tex. Generate cash, and higher possibility Shaw will be Top 6 than Tom Mitchell.

I don't mind the starting price tag for Shaw.

The teams GWS play in the first six rounds, Shaw averaged 112.0 against them in 2016 and 112.8 against them in 2015. Priced at 106.0, the stats suggest he can get off to a good start and exceed that price tag/average early. Food for thought.

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:45

Drop adams for a Lloyd? $$

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:10

Shaw's output decreased last year. Plus his average was boosted by that 200. Had a lot of average scores.

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 12:49

It amazes me how much belief people are putting into Nankervis.

Big fan of his at the swans, but even then he never got over 90SC points, hitting to the best midfield in the comp.

Well, okay, but he'll be a forward?

He kicked 2 goals in 7 games and has shown he generally doesn't like taking set shots, but would rather give off the ball to crumming forwards.

If you are expecting him to magically average 85-90 then seriously reconsider him in your team.

If all you want is coverage that may average 70 and get a 90 every now and then, but give up 40's and 50's. Then this is your guy.

Pauly Walnuts · 21/03/2017 at 13:37

I'm a Tiger fan and don't him either mate

Bells E Bubb · 21/03/2017 at 14:42

He's not getting 40s as the sole ruck in ANY team. I think his floor is 60 so any given day will score between 60-110. He's a year older and year stronger. Great price.
    That's good as cover in the fwd line for Sandi for 9 weeks or whatever.

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 15:01

Swans let him go because of his fitness. He can't run all day and even as the sole ruck, doesn't have the fitness to get to every ruck contest.

110 is very optimistic. Would be very very surprised if he ever gets over the 90-95 mark as a one off top score.

But hey, like i said, if you want someone to plug a hole and spit out 60's and 70's and not make any money, he's your guy.

Raj · 21/03/2017 at 15:03

Fisting you obviously have no idea what your talking bout so maybe just be quiet for all of us. Thanks

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 17:07

After playing this game for a few years and watching the Swans very very closely, I think I am probably more qualified than most to comment.

Simply trying to help the community.

Bells E Bubb · 21/03/2017 at 17:35

I don't think he's great myself. Competent and with a good opportunity is all. He'll be good cover while Sandi makes coin with some upside potential given his sole rucking. I believe the Swans realised they had cover in that spot and not much salary room with Buddy and Tippet in there with Mills and Heeney to sign.
            Should be another good year at the best club there is. Another GF looks on the cards. I think it should be our turn to simply injure the other team's best players with elbows to the face and leggings. Whatever it takes time. Josh deserves another flag.

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:20

So you obviously missed the JLT?

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 20:17

JLT isn't AFL. Simple as that, anyone solely relying on JLT form is already out of the top 5%

Jason · 21/03/2017 at 21:07

Rookes? So, if im solely relying on the JLT for rookes form im out of the top 5% WOW!! "Australian Football League" is the collation of Football at the high level, JLT is Afl it just isnt played to the highest standard, U PROBABLY DONT GET ENOUGH FISTING ACTION!!

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 21:39

Actually, no.

Roomies should be selected on job security, which JLT largely doesn't count for.

If you see a rookie in JLT who is tearing the turf up (because the other 5 mids are being rested), you can pick him right there and then. But when he isn't picked for a game until round 17, do you think you'll be happy with that selection?

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:15

Not solely relying on JLT form but he has scored already what you expect as a high score (90 twice). he even scored a 130.

He's the lone ruckman as hampson is on the LTI list.

There's no 3rd man up. he has to score, and showed that during the JLT which is 'some sort' of indication of AFL level football.

You're not more qualified than anyone.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 22:41

i met the guy a couple of times when he was sent out on cold sunday mornings to do Auskick at the local club.

no-one knew who he was, and all the kids asked him about was buddy.

I didn't believe him when he said he was a ruckman. He isn't that big!

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:12

He's 199cm and 106KG so similar to Mumford…………..

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:47

I got him as my f3 or f4 and cover incase any of my rucks do go down

NickMacMan · 21/03/2017 at 13:02

Crouch or lloyd? and what are people's thoughts on z jones

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:17

All risky but Crouch at best can average 105+. Lloyd and Jones (and probably Mills) will all share the points back there in the Swans' defence, can see them all averaging 80.

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:47

Lloyd

H-Lee · 21/03/2017 at 13:03

riewoldt and t mitch, or gunston and and JPK? help would be much apprieciated thanks lads
H

Steeeve · 21/03/2017 at 13:16

Gunston and T Mitch.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 14:07

Yep

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:21

Riewoldt/Gunston and JPK.

Winter · 21/03/2017 at 13:04

DEF: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten, (Vickers-Willis, Stewart)
MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams, SPP (Barrett, Hibberd, Parfitt)
RUC: Nank, Sandi (Cameron)
FWD: JJK, Dahlhaus, Roughy, Taranto, Pickett, Butler (Eddy, Houston)
8.5k left

Is going 2 Pie + Swan mids risky?

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 13:53

What's the collective view on Otten's JS?

Also, doesn't seem to be a lot of love around for Florent. Given dearth of fwd rookies and Heeney spot up for grabs I'm surprised not more are considering.

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:25

Not seeing it as massive at this stage, but may just be dependent on how he plays. Pyke seemed a bit reluctant to mess with a winning formula last year.

I tried to get Florent in as a midfielder, but can't find the cash. Maybe if Gawn goes he'll be back in.

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 14:37

I'm going NankiWitts so plenty of cash in reserve for a corrective trade if required up to all including Grundy, after Florent as my F6. Just not confident of scoring potential of other FWD rookies other than Taranto, maybe Houston might be OK until Pittard is back but that looks like only 3-4 weeks – and then he could be benched. Rest I fear will be up and down and too unpredictable to pick on field.

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 14:38

Sorry SandiWitts, with Nank as cover FWD

Clock Management · 21/03/2017 at 15:01

If Cheney and lever are ready to go (Likely) no room for Otten, simple as that

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 00:01

Is it that simple. A Hawks fan here and Cheney while serviceable was step below the others regulars at the Hawks…I did watch Cheney against the Hawks and he did look very solid…but not tier 1….is it always going to be the case Cheney is better than Otten?

Burnmen · 22/03/2017 at 00:19

I always thought Cheney was solid. Maybe it was more that they had too many defenders who could play a similar role. Or maybe he just wanted to go to Adelaide to join the other Rangas (no offense intended)

FistingAction · 21/03/2017 at 17:08

All over Florent mate, just not telling anyone about it 😉

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:23

You just told us. Good luck with it.

Jason · 21/03/2017 at 21:10

Lol

Tofor85 · 21/03/2017 at 13:56

Hey, great write up.
A lot of similarities to what I've got at the moment. Keep tossing up between Higgins or Ryder for last spot up forward.
23k left over. Thoughts/suggestions?

DEF: Docherty, Laird, Z Jones, Marchbank. Hampton, Otten SUB: Vickers Willis & Stewart
MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Fyfe, T Mitch, Beams, JOM, D Swallow SUB: Powell Pepper, Barrett, Hibberd
RUC: Goldy, Sandi SUB: D Cameron
FWD: Dahl, Higgins OR Ryder, Roughy, Nank, Taranto, Pickett SUB: Butler, Eddy

Carl · 21/03/2017 at 21:36

Don't choose Ryder, he's a spud

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 22:48

Higgens I rekon.

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:17

Couple of spuds can be nice as an accompaniment to any steak.

Jake.B · 22/03/2017 at 12:26

Looking st it again you should get rid of swallow or JOM put SPP on field and get another rookie for bench then use the saved cash on getting a premium fwd over higgins/Ryder. They are definatly not F2s

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 14:14

Nankervis will do our heads in . Is he better than Steele or Roughy don't think so and as a forward does he really cut the mustard.W e rely on his ruckwork and his good JS. Against at least 6 rucks he will be beaten and not being great up forward is he worth it IN at present but Steele looks good

Young_Guns · 21/03/2017 at 23:40

The sense I needed to listen to…..thank you DD

Burnmen · 22/03/2017 at 00:20

I hope nobody locks in Nankervis.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 14:22

It has become a Rookie Crisis.

The AFL needs to step in and do something about this.

Read this morning that Mountford, Durdin, Hibberd and VickersW probably won't play.

Otten may, but I can't see him getting any more than 2 games. Same with Houston.

At least Stewart's hammy is ok.

Barrett still not upgraded off rookie list…. neither is Guthrie…… hurry along fellas!

Miles has been forgotten about, even Shoenmakers is unlikely now.

wombatsfc · 21/03/2017 at 14:34

SPS might still be named for round 1. He'll definately play in the middle if selected and likely to score more than McGrath, luggage and the other rooks that cost 150k+ except Brodie who can't be more than 4 weeks away.
    If you drop Roughy for WHE you could take the punt on SPS and Brodie

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 15:15

SPS is a slim chance, maybe in a few weeks.

I still have McGrath in my team.

Have slotted Mills back in at D3, Marchbank D4, McGrath M5 and Hampton at M6.

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 15:16

I mean McGrath at D5 and Hampton at D6

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/03/2017 at 14:45

Looks like Cameron might play is he in option fwd in place of Houston
    else R3 but you loose your loop unless you put a non player at M11.
    thinking of going Cameron at r3 and ryan at d8 as a loop but going on what you have said above risky as may not have enough coverage in defence!

maybe Cameron F8 and strnacia R3??

Geez old mother hubbards cupboard is blo0dy bare!

do you know when rooks have to be upgraded by? first bounce??

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 14:54

Going the M11 route. Actually I am really happy with it. Going with Deluca Cardillo from Fre. 102k DPP. Will start him at F6 with Pickett at F7. If Pickett spuds it on Thursday night, bring Parfitt down to F6. Then put DC at M8 with the E on SPP. Depending on my VC performance whether I go again with the loophole on Barrett.

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 14:56

So it becomes a rookie loophole as well as a VC loophole. Given our rookies are mainly small forwards, I think it is a better way

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 15:16

Before team is announced

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 00:08

Cameron out with finger infection. Still considering a punt on him though…

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 14:49

I think J Smith from Melb is looking likely. They are short of talls down back (Lyndon Dunn, where are you?) and he does look like he can get a run at it. Will be a slow burn at best, but is a warm body on our defensive bench

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:52

We may come down the point where we just pick guys we think may get a game later in the year. So someone like Wigg would come into my side if that was the case.

hedski · 21/03/2017 at 15:49

Pretty sure Guthrie will be upgraded, not sure how many games we'd get out of him, makes Menapoo look like Arnie.

Tiger Man · 21/03/2017 at 14:28

Getting close now community, would love some advice on competing my final team.
Riewoldt and swallow
Or
Lynch and omeara

@t_woof · 21/03/2017 at 19:16

Either way is solid. If had to choose i'd go with the Rooey option. Expecting him to start off the season very well.

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 00:12

O'mera > Swallow by a fair margin. Roo better by a bit….make it happen or just settle for 2.

wombatsfc · 21/03/2017 at 14:30

Good team Barron your call on Roughie is wise and everybody, even Derek, should remove him from their team. Hopefully everybody with Roughie and no Max will downgrade the big, slow, unfit, ranga for WHE so that they can get Max and make cash.
Red burns and redheads burn more than any other

BarronVonCrow · 21/03/2017 at 14:44

There were just little signs during the JLT series that put me off. A dropped mark here, a little fumble there. I know he'll probably get better, but if we're not picking Bombers because they had a year outta the game, why doesn't the same apply to Roughy, Jaeger, Swallow etc?

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 15:12

I think it's more that the bomber discount is only 19%, so not enough value. I think it's fair to say that the others you mentioned are more in the range of a 30% discount. Roughy is some chance to be top 8 forward come year end. Worse case a stepping stone. Outside of Hurley, not sure any of the bombers are looking like they could be a keeper come year end.

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 15:13

10% not 19%. Typo

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 15:02

I wasn't keen on Roughie earlier, but I see him playing a lot of midfield, so I'm happy to keep him for now.

Cyril said in an interview this week that he won't be getting any extra midfield this year but that Roughie had been training as a mid. I can see they want a big body in there.

wombatsfc · 22/03/2017 at 10:01

ssshhh there's still a few folks who haven't seen Roughie play midfield

neil Demons Delight · 21/03/2017 at 15:06

Probably correct and aside from every man and dog wishing him success both on and off the field its his price and ability to score mid 80 that makes him better than those around him WHE STEELE both unknown high scorers.pity he hasn't dpp

Docca123 · 21/03/2017 at 14:33

What are people's thoughts on my team:

DEF: Doch, Adams, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Vickers-Willis (Hibberd, Stewart)
MID: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Tom Mitchell, Beams, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Miles, Parfitt)
RUCK: Grundy, Sandi (Strandica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Macrae, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Cameron, Butler)

Got $13.8k left over

Nank and JOM
Or
Lynch and Barrett

Hitch · 21/03/2017 at 16:31

Nank and JOM, Lynch after China

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 22:05

Lynch VC option this week against Brisbane. Could go large.

Marco_Polo94 · 21/03/2017 at 15:02

Knowing that both options are risky, would you think it's more likely Jack Steele could average 85+, or Matt Crouch to average 105+?

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 15:07

Definitely Crouch more likely IMO

Phil · 21/03/2017 at 18:16

I'd say Steele. I think they will both average that much but Steele more likely to go higher (or lower)

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 18:29

Steele for sure.

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 01:51

Beams, Crouch in an M7 structure? I'm running something similar here…

Burgos · 21/03/2017 at 15:08

Hey guys just looking for some advice in a pickle atm..

My current team structure:
Def: Simpson, Laird, Howe, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Stweart, Guthrie)
Mid: Dangerfield, Pendles, Hannebery, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, JOM, SPP, Parfitt (Barrett, Hibberd, Fox)
Rucks; Grundy, Sandi (Starndica)
Fwd: Dahlhause, Franklin, Lynch(gcs), Roughead, Nankervis, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

My dilemma: Looking at Beams's stat from JLT I'm kinda sold on him and to get him I would have to trade out Grundy to Nank in ruck.
Add taranto in fwd for nank and get rid of barrett for beams this leaves me with $50k in bank but I feel like my mids doesn't have much cash generation and rucks are too weak

Any thoughts community?

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 23:03

Roughie to taranto is a good option to make some $$

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 00:21

Grundy to Ryder ( st no lobbe) JOM to Beams? Does the cash work for that?

Wood duck · 21/03/2017 at 15:31

Looking for some feed back on my team
Def: Shaw, Rance, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart (Collins, Long)
Mid: Danger, Treloar, Priddis, Fyfe, Watson, Beams, O'meara, Bowes (Florent, SPP, Parfitt)
Rucks: Hickey, Sandi (Preuss)
Fwd: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughead, Nankervis, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Pickett)
$107,900 in the bank any help would be great!

Johnny Boogaloo · 21/03/2017 at 15:38

OK, time to show what I got …

DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Laird, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Otten, Hibberd)

MID: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, T Mitchell, Beams, Taranto, SPP (Barrett, Pickett, Parfitt)

RUCK: Grundy, Sandi (Strongdick)

FWD: Riewoldt, Dahl, Roughy, Nank, McCarthy, Schoenmakers (D. Cameron, Eddy)

Nothing too "out there", but I think I'm just about settled.

Thoughts would be much appreciated.

Also, anyone got spots in a good league going?

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 15:45

Put either Pickett, Parfitt in fwd to swing with Taranto

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 23:05

McCarthy scored 80 odd after scoring 5 goals which puts me off. Imagine he doesn't score a goal.. probably a few better options out there atm and not sure on shoemakers.

Beerz09 · 21/03/2017 at 15:44

Interesting that none of the Jock Community member team reveals have the Bont…

Thoughts on this team?

DEF:K. Simpson, H. Shaw, R. Laird, C. Marchbank, C. Hampton, A. Otten (E. Vickers-Willis, T. Stewart)
MID: P. Dangerfield, J. Kennedy, A. Treloar, N. Fyfe, S. Mitchell, D. Beams, S. P-P, J. Barrett (J. Pickett, M. Hibberd, B. Parfitt)
RUC:T. Nankervis, A. Sandilands (L. Strnadica)
FWD:J. Kennedy, L. Dahlhaus, S. Higgins, J. Roughhead, J. Steele, T. Taranto, (D. Houston, B. Eddy)

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 22:07

Is that Sam or Tom Mitchell? I'd go Tom and would not go Sam.

Mickey P · 21/03/2017 at 15:57

Would love some feedback from the gurus of SC – ie; The Jock Reynolds community 🙂

Backs – Docherty, Laird, Lloyd, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW (Stewart/Guthrie)
Mids – Danger, Treloar, Bont, Fyfe, Titch, Josh Kelly, Beams, O'meara (SPP/Barrett/Bolton)
Ruck – Sandi, Witts (Strnadica)
Fwd – Kennedy, Dahl, Nank, Steele, Taranto, Pickett (Parfitt/Eddy)

Very light in rucks, but hoping to make more cash with these guys than rookies in mids to then upgrade. Hoping my mids will require very little upgrading.

Am I mad?

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 22:13

Downgrade JOM to a rookie with SPP on field. Keep that cash as cover in first 2 weeks if Witts or Sandi break or fail. And also allows you to still potentially get JOM in after week 2 if he fires, but you also have the option of picking whoever is breaking out then. I think the odds are that whilst this strategy could cost you a trade, the optionality it gives you is that it's more likely to save you a trade (rather than a double trade to fix rucks if say Witts goes down). I'm keeping enough to go to Grundy or Hickey, even Goldy if Florent not named and I replace with a cheaper rookie.

Randomcliche2 · 22/03/2017 at 00:27

But spend the cash on pickett or Tarato and then Hope! But do think a lot has been spent on hope this preseason.

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 23:07

Can make more cash by putting a SPP on as your last midfielder and one of kelley/beams would have to make way or even omeara though, and grab another rookie? Will free up much cash.

Tom Scanlon · 21/03/2017 at 15:59

Hogan a good option? 417k and averaged 97.3 over the 3 JLT games?

Northerner · 21/03/2017 at 22:16

No. move on. If you are looking at KPFs go the likes of Roo or Lynch or Buddy as their floor is lower than the other KPFs who could give you a 30 or 40 one week.

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:21

You never know.

Ballsy choice and I don't mind it.

Melbourne will get more inside 50's this year I reckon with a maturing midfield and addition of Lewis. Max gawn will be feeding those guys with no 3rd man up.

Tablespoons · 21/03/2017 at 16:00

thoughts?

Def Adams, Laird, Thurlow, Marchbank, Hampton, Vic willis, (Otten, Guthrie)
Mid Danger, Kenned,y Hanners, Parke,r Cripps, Fyfe, Beams, SPP, (Pickett, Miles, Parfitt)
Ruck Nank, Sandi (Strandaica)
Fwd ROO, Dahlhaus, Macare, Steele, Taranto, Cameron (Butler, Eddy)

BCHawks · 21/03/2017 at 16:01

If anyone wants to join my tipping league here is the code 731260

gator59 · 21/03/2017 at 16:10

I'm in BC

hedski · 21/03/2017 at 16:26

Cheers BC

dizzle · 21/03/2017 at 16:39

joined

Stompers · 21/03/2017 at 16:14

Toying with a few ideas, here's one,

Def Simmo, Shaw, Laird, March, Hamp, Stewart, (Hibbert and J. Smith- rookie list with Garland out possible upgrade?)

Mid, Danger, Hanners, Trelor, Fyfe, T Adams(Swing when def have made enough money for fallen prem) Watson(pod), Beams, JOM, – SPP , Barret,Miles

Rucks, SanderWitts, Cameron

Fwd Dal, Buddy, Roughy, Nank, Parfitt, Butler,- Eddy, Houston)

Give us your thoughts

Cheers community

Tommo09 · 21/03/2017 at 16:28

Thoughts on my team

Def: Simpson, Laird, Tuohy, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Vickers-Willis, Melican)
Mid: Danger, Kennedy, Selwood, Bont, Fyfe, Mitchell, O'Meara, SPP (Barrett, Hibberd, Parfitt)
Ruc: Gawn, Sandi (Cameron)
Fwd: NRoo, Lynch, Rough, Steele, Miles, Butler (Eddy, Houston)

Rookies will change at the announcement of teams
$4.3k left

Thanks community

dizzle · 21/03/2017 at 16:38

whats everyones thoughts on this? im stuck between these 2 picks to finalise my team

Roughead or Steele?
O'meara or d.swallow?

CoachDamo · 21/03/2017 at 16:50

Steele and O'Meara for me.

Sully321 · 21/03/2017 at 17:04

rough and jaeger

Carl · 21/03/2017 at 21:43

Steele and neither

Northerner · 22/03/2017 at 05:15

Agree

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:23

Pull names out of a hat?

Steve · 21/03/2017 at 17:01

Big quesion.

Rough or Nank?

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:23

That's tough.

jimmy_raiders · 21/03/2017 at 17:16

Surprised that Jock released his team on FoxSports.com but hasn't released it on his own website?

Adsy · 21/03/2017 at 17:21

Hey ladies and gents, STK Schoolgirls in the house v.510293

DEF: Docherty, Shaw, Tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton, Vickers-Willis (Otten, Stewart)
MID: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Gaff, Beams, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Pickett, Hibberd)
RUCK: Gawn, Sandilands
FWD: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Roughead, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Eddy (D.Cameron, Houston)

3.5k left, rookies dependent on selection as always

Reasoning:
DEF: Couldn't split Docherty and Shaw so went both at the expense of getting Laird in at D3. Tuohy only decent option instead to balance the side. Don't absolutely love 3 starting DEF rookies but works in balancing the side, with bargains in the mids and up forward to look at instead.
MID: First four plus Beams all popular/self explanatory picks. For balance went Gaff instead of a full prem to fit Gawn in the middle. Given the fluid ruck situation Gawn may be downgraded and Gaff upgraded given sides. Went O'Meara instead of Swallow so I don't miss out on him having a great year. One of many hard picks to take.
RUCK: As noted, if Spencer plays, Gawn is Gawn to maybe a Grundy (?) and then upgrade somewhere else. Happy to ride the Sandi train until it derails via injury then hopefully I've got the trades to change it up.
FWD: Had Riewoldt and Dahl up forward, but structurally going heavy in the mids means I've had to cut back and go speculating with Buddy and mid-pricers. Getting rid of Gawn could help but I like the Roughead and Steele mid pricers over a Nankervis for example. Rookies will be named closer to game time but I can't help but like Darcy Cameron as both bench and ruck cover in case Sandi goes down early. We'll see how final teams pan out.

Any help, discussion, criticism of the side? I think there is enough POD's in there without stuffing up my structure, and as always picking the right rookies from the start is crucial. Anyway let us know, cheers, Adsy

Tibor · 21/03/2017 at 18:58

I'm a bit of the same mind about Max if Spencer plays. So I went with Steffi Martin. Steffi is a definite out for me if Archie Smith plays but I'm having second thoughts about putting Max back even with Spencer. He rested fwd a lot last year when they ran with Pederson and even Watts in the ruck. He has shown an ability to mark and goal and they tend to push Hogan up the ground when Max is forward. He never really rucked one out last season and still scored well. Spencer in might not hurt his totals as much as some think…

Swans2012 · 21/03/2017 at 21:49

Agreed, if he scores like last year going to be a lot harder to find a way to get him in early than it will be to slide him out…..

Derek · 21/03/2017 at 19:02

Sounds like you just 'fitted' Gaff and Tuohy in. Not the best way to pick your keepers

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:25

This is why I don't mind having a bit of money in the bank if it means everyone has a place on the team for a reason.

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:25

What I mean is never settle on a player cos of budget.

Adsy · 22/03/2017 at 11:15

Thanks all for the constructive criticism. Cameron is out due to injury so I've heard, so I'm rethinking my ruck strategy and maybe picking Nankervis. Also Gaff and Tuohy are out as yes they were only picked due to budget constraints. I think I'll have a look at my structures first and foremost from now rather than settling on a structure and fitting in the last few with budget in consideration.

Still plenty to think about! Cheers all.

Steve1 · 21/03/2017 at 17:22

Hi Guys, I know rookies are slim pickings at the moment but is there any on the horizon we can at least look forward to?
I know MCLUGGAGE and MYERS were popular but now have delayed starts, any other obvious ones?

Keenbutclueless · 21/03/2017 at 17:55

Berry might not be too far away.
    Graham for the Tigers, but no time frame
    Ryan from Freo was a hot prospect as a mature age recruit. He may come into calculation later
    Long from Saints but might have trouble breaking into the side
    Rioli from West Coast in second half of the year

Steve1 · 21/03/2017 at 19:05

Cheers, Least I can put a few names on the watch list now, fingers crossed.

Jake.B · 21/03/2017 at 23:11

Myers is 4 weeks away. Could even put him in your team as last midfielder to save a trade to get him in?

NickMacMan · 21/03/2017 at 17:25

lloyd or crouch? and thoughts on z jones

Young_Guns · 21/03/2017 at 21:40

Awkward prices!, I'm of the opinion its on the high-risk low-reward scale. I can't do it. I need a proven performer albeit fallen premium coming back.

BundyBear · 21/03/2017 at 18:04

Howdy everyone. have 2 spots available in my league. Anyone and everyone is welcome. league number 956695. Thankyou in advance.

Dean · 21/03/2017 at 18:06

Would love some advice guys- currently settled on the following starting lineup

Def
Shaw, laird, mills, marchbank, hampton, stewart.

Mids
Danger, JPK, Treloar, ward, JOM, Swallow, SPP

Rucks
Sandi, Hickey

Fwds
Buddy, Macrae, Green, Nankervis, Steele, Taranto

Tibor · 21/03/2017 at 18:50

Would appreciate any comments or advice.

Heater, Adams, Martin, Marchbank. Hampton, Otten

Danger, JPK, Bont, Fyfe, Watson, Beams, JO'M, SPP

Stef. Martin. ( but not if Smith in the side ). Sandi

Roo, Dahlhouse, Buddy, Rough, Taranto, McCarthy

Only 3900 left and a few alterations if Archie Smith plays

IntheNickofTime · 21/03/2017 at 19:24

I felt like I was looking at a near replica team!

Kimpson Laird Lloyd
Marchbank Hampton VW

Danger JJK
Treloar Priddis Fyfe
Beam Swallow SPP

Grundy Sandilands

Roo Dahl Gunston
Taranto Pickett Butler

With 185K left over I'm unsure of who to upgrade first – Beams? Grundy?

Crowmagnon · 21/03/2017 at 21:11

I would upgrade lloyd and save rhe rest incase you need to slot an expensive rookie in.

Davo · 21/03/2017 at 19:31

come and join my league guys 200270

damon · 21/03/2017 at 19:42

rate my team pls

DEF: Docherty, Adams, Laird, Hampton, EVW, Hibberd (Stewart, Guthrie)
MID: Danger, Pendlebury, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, J.Kelly, Beams, SPP (Bartlett, Wigg, Atley)
RUC: Gawn, Sandilands (Strndica)
FWD: Dallhaus, Macrae, Roughead, Taranto, Black, Butler (Pickett, Eddy)

$7,000 in the bank
pretty happy with the side, got a good balance of trusted premo's, rookies and cash generation and potential breakouts/midpricers
let me know what you think

Carl · 21/03/2017 at 20:12

Thoughts on my team community.

DEF: Doch, Laird, tuohy, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten ( EVW, Stewart)

MID: Danger, Treloar, Cripps, Titch, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, SPP ( Barrett, Hibbered, Parfitt)

Ruck: Grundy, Sandi ( Cameron)

FWD: Dahl, Franklin, McCrae, Roughy, Taranto, Eddy ( Pickett, Houston)

I have 2K in the bank which is abit of a worry and suggestions are welcome community.

Robert · 21/03/2017 at 21:19

Where's Jock's final rookie cheat sheet after JLT 3?

The BONT · 21/03/2017 at 21:20

Could be my final team how is it looking

B: Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Stewart (Vickers-Willis, Stuart)

M: Dangerfield, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, SPP, Barret (Pickett, Hibberd, Parfitt)

R: Grundy, Sandilands (Cameron)

F: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Franklin, Roughead, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

Backline: is very standard like everyone else's

Midfield: gorn with one extra on feild rookie jest becasue i can't find anyone else

Ruck: I was thinking about going Nanklaids but stuck by Grundy for now

Forwardline: Gorn with three premos and hoping franklin will have a breakout season winning the coleman

Finnius123 · 21/03/2017 at 22:14

breakout season for Buddy? Pretty sure that was 2008…

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:27

haha

Burnmen · 21/03/2017 at 23:28

Who's this other Stuart guy?

Zak · 21/03/2017 at 21:44

Hey Barron, like the fwd line premos. I was gonna go the same, but got put off by all 3 having the first bye. I know all our teams are gonna look very different by then, but are you concerned by having your 3 big guns out for rd11?

BarronVonCrow · 22/03/2017 at 04:16

Not massively concerned Zak, one of my upgrade targets is likely to be Tom Lynch, so that should be 1 in to cover that. As long as I can field a full side through each bye round i'll be happy.

Dees · 21/03/2017 at 22:08

362981

PureMadness · 21/03/2017 at 23:42

Just need some convincing on starting with nank and sandi.. My personal argument is that I feel if sandi plays at least 17-20 games he could avg anywhere between 105 -115. But obviously that's a big IF! With Nank I feel like he'll play stefan martin role and we know how good he was 2 seasons ago but I need the community to let me know if im talking jibberish or making kinda making sense!!

Tim · 21/03/2017 at 23:51

Thinking of trading Nankervis in the forward line to either Higgins or Ryder. Am leading towards Ryder because he gives me cover in the ruck (Hickey, Sandilands) Thoughts?

Dr John · 22/03/2017 at 01:48

Late night coaches… here is a league…

The Night Owl Champs – 204168.

All are welcome – just a league for the shift workers and insomniacs that are up at this time.

Best of luck!

The BONT · 22/03/2017 at 07:35

Could be my final team how is it looking

B: Shaw, Simpson, Laird, Marchbank Hampton, Otten, (Vickers-Willis, Stewart)

R: Grundy, Sandilands (Stnridica)

F: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Franklin, Roughead, Taranto, Eddy (Butler, Houston)

$21,400

neil Demons Delight · 22/03/2017 at 09:10

def same as mine but not happy with def rooks Went beams /vw to brodie/Lloyd looks better good luck mason

Finnius123 · 22/03/2017 at 07:51

When do the teams get announced??

Carl · 22/03/2017 at 08:25

630 tonight I think?

Carl · 22/03/2017 at 08:28

Without doing copious amounts of research just wondering if anyone had a gut feel… how many of the top 8-10 players in each line change per year? Obviously injury dependent amongst other things. I'm guessing it's 2-3 that drop in or out each year?

Thoughts?

neil Demons Delight · 22/03/2017 at 09:14

Thinking of dumping NANK for bowes and coin for sandy upgrade after all he is not proven even at Sydney and one of those high priced rooks would suffice bowes brodie turner all ok

Oh My Goddard · 22/03/2017 at 10:32

412619 "Serious Supercoachers League"
980989 "Free For All"
871503 "Serious Supercoachers League 2"
872045 "Free For All 2"

sandni836 · 22/03/2017 at 10:33

Roo or Macrae ?

Dasha · 22/03/2017 at 19:04

with the lack of fwd premos this year i reckon try have both in your team by the year's end, so maybe start with whoever has the easiest draw and early points potnetial?

Tibor · 22/03/2017 at 11:38

Having last minute thoughts of jumping off JO'M and grabbing Angus Brayshaw as a Pod. Also brings dpp status… any thoughts

Tom · 22/03/2017 at 13:11

Thoughts on Billings and Hogan?

Tibor · 22/03/2017 at 13:26

Tempted by Hogan. He stagnated last year but looks primed. As a bonus he will venture well out from the goals while Gawn rests forward. Is a better player playing as a higher forward and they used him this way in JLT even through midfield at times where he looked very good. On the down side his price could not be more awkward. He is not consistent enough yet to demand the money you pay for Roo or JJK but he is not at a bargain price like Rough either. Expect a price rise but their is not enough room for it to be a big rise, As I said tempted only for me not sold…

Dyno Mite · 22/03/2017 at 13:19

Looking to join a top 10,000 league community?

Join 672837

Daisy · 22/03/2017 at 16:09

Josh Kelly or Andrew Gaff????!

Dasha · 22/03/2017 at 19:02

kelly probably presents more value, will be interesting to see how conglio's absense affects him as those two seem to play off each other well

dannyyboyy · 22/03/2017 at 17:03

serious at supercoach and want some good competition in a good league? Join 868299

Luke · 22/03/2017 at 18:38

Sam Docherty and Jarrod Pickett named in the Centre….Dusty Martin named on a Forward Pocket. Haha!

Luke · 22/03/2017 at 18:40

Even more hilarious Taylor Hunt named on Levi Casboult haha

David · 22/03/2017 at 20:28

I need a lot of help, been real busy with wedding coming up that's now only 11 days away so not got my bearings on rookies ect but will show what I got so far thank you

H.Shaw R.Laird J.McGovern C.Marchbank C.Hampton E.Vickers ( N.Newman T.Stewart )

D.Hannebery A.Treloar N.Fyfe T.Mitchell J.Steven D.Beams D.Swallow S.PP ( J.Barrett M.Hibberd B.Parfitt )

T.Hickey A.Sanderlands ( L.Strandica )

N.Reiwoldt L.Dahlhaus J.Macrae P.Ryder J.Bowes J.Pickett ( D.Houston B.Eddy )

Rookies on field are by price order

Have $134,900 left