Supercoach rookies 2017

JLT3 has come and gone – time for an updated rookie spreadsheet!

You can use this spreadsheet to see what each rookie priced player scored, how much time they spent on ground and how their price might rise (or fall) to if they score the same when the real stuff comes around.

The average on a full game is only an estimate, using a bit of Peter Higginbotham style footy maths.

Dual position players are only listed once in their first listed position. Eg MID/FWD will be found in MIDS.

Look out for an updated sheet after JLT4!

Now, unless you’re just coming out of your off season SuperCoach hibernation I’m assuming you already have what most are calling the “greatest piece of SuperCoach literature every created” in the hand? If not, you’re missing out BIG time.. make sure you get your copy of the Jock Reynolds 2017 Fantasy Footy Magazine by ordering here!

Jock Reynolds SuperCoach Magazine 2017

DOWNLOAD MY JLT3 ROOKIE ANALYSIS SPREADSHEET HERE

Barron Von Crow

@BarronVonCrow
Note: You will need to have Microsoft excel on a desktop or laptop to use this spreadsheet!

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 09:38

Don't tell me I am the first one to download this beautiful rookie statistical beast.
Thanks Barron you lovely man.

Valens_FC · 06/03/2017 at 22:50

Thank you also for the unbelievable every player spreadsheet – incredible work and I duly made a well deserved donation after using it for the umpteenth time on the weekend.

Have been wanting to ask you if you can shed any more light on where the "magic number" comes from? Feels like I'm before Gandalf seeking wisdom!

Michael · 06/03/2017 at 23:03

Where is the every player spread sheet !!!!!!

OldOcker · 07/03/2017 at 16:13

Valens, Cheers you are a champion. The "magic number" and formulae used in the spreadsheet came from Champion Data a few years ago, using actual stats and break evens round by round from last year that number is STILL very close to being correct.
      Hope that helped.
      Cheers

Valens_FC · 07/03/2017 at 17:15

Cheers OldOcker – I'm glad there is an element of mystery to it and it wasn't my failure to be able to work out the number. It's an important number!

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 09:46

Curtly Hampton is starting to look like a must have looking at this wonderful spreadsheet.
Many more gems will be found upon closer analysis.

You are a bloody champion BVC.

matisse · 06/03/2017 at 13:50

why not spend an extra 100k on trent mackenzie from goldcoast.. has averaged 80 in the past and has great upside and potential

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 14:14

He averaged 88 in 2013, 80 in 2014, then 56 in 2015. Injuries restricted him to 6 games in 2016 and he averaged 44. I don't think he's been featured in the JLT yet. Pass for me.

Cr0magn0n · 06/03/2017 at 15:40

Yeah nah….

The Stiv · 06/03/2017 at 17:48

Because he's $100K more.

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 09:48

Sensational effort BVC. Still not much in the midfield rookies. Those hoping for 5 of them to be available I'd start planning for less unless you like donuts. On a brighter note I heard an interview with someone at the Dogs yesterday & given injuries to Roughead & Campbell that young Tim English is a strong chance to partner Tom Boyd in round 1. Can we please have our 2 Mid rook & 2 rookie ruck bench back please!

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 10:40

Hey Nuts, That would be grouse I prefer to have the 2 ruck bench options it would help greatly this year.
    Wasting a FWD spot does nothing for me. I normally go set and forget but find it hard to do that this year with the lack of mid rooks.

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 10:51

True mate. Beyond SPP & Barrett there isn't much to get excited about. The mid bench might be the loop line this year. I did it with Petrecca last year & it worked well because I knew he'd come in at some stage. Saved a trade & gave me a loop. That man might be as Higgo pointed out in the last Pod Mr Myers

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 14:47

Thinking SPP, Barrett and Wigg bench at the mo.

Pruess bench ruck rook

Eddy and miles fwd

Newman and Ryan in Def. Ryan starting loop.

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 16:53

Thinking the same with Ryan, bloody Ross Lyin factor to worry about tho.

Shake n bake · 07/03/2017 at 11:14

Rookies are there to make us some coin will be a yr were the rookies we pick might play 2-3 games them wont see them again until probably later in the yr. might be better off and look for the little bit more expensive players you think will be there week in week out!! Might have to go with 2 mid priced players and cull a premium!!

The Ranger · 07/03/2017 at 12:49

I think it will be similar to last year SnB. Those expensive rooks and midpricers will likely earn cash much slower (think of Mills, Weitering and Kerridge last year) and if you're not at full premium by the end of the byes or earlier then you're out of the game. It's always difficult to weigh up what's more important burning trades on jumping off one rookie onto the next to earn fast cash or conserving trades by going with the 200K rooks and midpricers but not earning cash as quickly. Getting that balance right is crucial IMO.

Dice · 06/03/2017 at 10:14

Best info I get are from these spreadsheets. Thanks BVC

Doc · 06/03/2017 at 10:27

Thanks BVC

Solid gold in there

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 10:32

Attention cash league entrants. If you are unable to access the payment detail in the activity feed of the league please email Jock at [email protected] for the details. Keep in mind there is a waiting list & I will need to cull non payed up members in the not too distant future

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 10:43

Talking of cash mate, I feel bad about nudging you out of the $ in CK mate.
    Just a rumor but I feel bad.

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 10:47

All good buddy. I'll get by. Glad it was you Ocker well done mate. I was pretty happy how I went in my second ever game of CK

Ryan · 06/03/2017 at 14:27

How can I join one of these cash leagues?

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 14:51

Hi Ryan. ATM there are 7/18 paid up members. I'm sure not all will pay up & I'll have to remove them. Please email your interest to Jock at the above email address & I'll make contact with you when a spot opens up. It's $100 entry & i'll email you the format

fatboyfat7 · 06/03/2017 at 14:52

Must have missed the original post, how can I join the waitlist?

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 14:55

Just an email to Jock on the email above. He will forward them to me

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 14:54

Must have missed this one.
    What's the g.o.?
    Probably full

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 15:00

Trig 11 unpaid members mate as it stands. I'll give them a bit of a chance. But I've got to set a deadline to make sure there are 18 paid up teams. But of the paid up members one has a team name of Triggered FC. Thought that was you! Must be your brother

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 15:04

To quote highlander:

"There can be only one"

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 15:10

True. But at this point you've been Triggered. If there's enough interest I might run a 2nd league

ben · 06/03/2017 at 10:39

is anyone worried about max gawns role change

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 10:43

Yes. Jack Watts

Clokey · 06/03/2017 at 21:04

I saw that exact same question and answer two days ago from 2 differently named contributors. Maybe I didn't see with my eyes maybe I saw it in my mind like a premonition. On the same day I read here (or had a premonition) that Mills would be getting the midfield time that everyone thinks heeney will get, looking at the heat maps it is the case so far in JLT

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 11:20

Heeney out for the start of the year with glandular fever, Mills now becoming even more enticing!

The Stiv · 06/03/2017 at 17:53

There is no role change, just a bit of practice up forward. He's the best ruckman in the league. He will be in the guts as much as possible.

Sana · 06/03/2017 at 10:48

Boom! Best Rookie Spreadsheet ever!

Motta · 06/03/2017 at 11:06

Otten Hampton and laird in backline ??

Not much · 06/03/2017 at 12:16

Touk tuk · 06/03/2017 at 12:39

Leeds17 · 07/03/2017 at 05:45

Assuming Otten get's named R1 looks very hard to go in without him.
    No worries for me that they are all from the same team, Crows share the points around anyway.

FearTheBeard · 06/03/2017 at 12:22

Community would LOVE some help and input on current squad :

Docherty, Adams, Tuohy, Hampton, Vickers-Willis, Stewart, Newman, Ryan

Danger, Pendles, Trealor, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Wigg, Miles

Gawn, Sandi, Strnadica

Dahlhaus, Heeney, Roughead, Nankervis, Steele, Eddy, Black, Smith (had someone else but can't spend over 114k )

Cheers for the thoughts lads

FearTheBeard · 06/03/2017 at 14:40

No love here lads?

The Ranger · 06/03/2017 at 15:18

Not bad Beard, too much injury risk with having all of Fyfe, Beams, Swallow and Sandi for me but if it comes off you're laughing.
      And I think having Steele and Heeney is one too many midpricers but that's 'cos I try to stick to GnR.
      I like the Steele pick, if he can cement a spot in the St.Kilda mids he could breakout this year.

Kev · 06/03/2017 at 17:56

Bont can't seem to shake this ankle issue, Beard. I'd be looking elsewhere.

Agree with Ranger that your forward line looks a little uneven

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 11:45

So would trading Bont for someone cheap and going for Reiwolt or Franklin perhaps for Heeney & a rookie sound good?

E.g Bont & Heeney & Smith out for Rookie & Frank & Riewolt?

Determinator · 06/03/2017 at 22:29

I see 13 trades to have an ALL PREMO team…. That means 13 rookie trades for cash generation plus 13 trades for upgrades. Leaves you 4 trades for injuries and bonus cash gen…… Pass on that…

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 11:21

Get rid of Heeney, out with glandular fever

Beanz · 06/03/2017 at 12:22

Can't choose from jpk and hannaz, everyone says jpk but then Hannaz has apparently had a great preseason so not sure.

Anything lads?

Ross · 06/03/2017 at 12:48

Tough one, jpk

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 14:04

I'm going Hanners. Had JPK locked in my team last 3 years.

My reasons are.

1. JPK does start slower. This has a lot to do with the autum weather compared to the wet conditions of winter that are better suited to JPK. Get him after bye.

2. Hanners spent a fair few games on wing last year that affected his average. No TMitch he won't be on wing so I think he he slightly underpriced by 3 or 4 points.

3. TMitch is gone and Hanners will benefit more than JPK. JPK can't get anymore midfield time than he already gets, I can see Ganners getting a few points added.

4. Hanners is a POD this year.

Both excellent picks, but I see Hanners has a little upside

PJ8 · 06/03/2017 at 16:40

Fair point Derek. I am having a hard time picking which SYD midfielder. I want one but even looking at 2 with Hanners and JPK. Put a fair bit of time into this selection last week and at last check had the following % of teams selected.

Hanners 13%
      JPK 11%
      Parker 8%

Fair spread

Shake n bake · 07/03/2017 at 11:24

All players we think are premiums are pretty spread across our teams except fyfe & danger all the rest are pretty much under 20%

Sana · 06/03/2017 at 17:34

You've convinced me

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 14:16

Hanners, got to respect a man who can give up booze over the summer to improve his already formidable output.

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 14:31

Stuffed if I could give up my formidable input of booze over the summer!!

Drumpf · 06/03/2017 at 19:35

BOTH.

Dean · 07/03/2017 at 23:19

flip a coin either way you wont go wrong.

I'm going JPK though.

Doc · 06/03/2017 at 12:23

Community, any thoughts appreciated

D: Shaw, Laird, TMac, Hampton, VW, Newman, STEWART, Guthrie

M: Danger, Hanners, Treloar, Fyfe, Titch, Beams, JOM, Swallow. P-P, Barret, Wigg

R: Gawn, Sandi, strandica

F: Dahl, McRae, Roughy, Nank, miles, begley, CAMERON, eddy

Steve · 06/03/2017 at 12:37

Looks good mate.

If youre picking Beams, JOM, Swallow, Sandi and Rough maybe think about having some left over cash incase 1 or more go down before you can upgrade.

Fanny · 06/03/2017 at 12:47

Too many mid pricers imo

Kev · 06/03/2017 at 18:00

Don't mind it, Doc. Going in with Titch, Beams, JOM, Swallow looks a bit too much though

Tyruddanaut · 06/03/2017 at 18:33

Better options than TMac
    Guthrie, Mills, Pittard

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 11:22

Pittard in some doubt with a hammy

thaipantsman · 08/03/2017 at 22:43

DP VINCE better option than TMAC

Damien · 06/03/2017 at 12:34

Horlin-Smith is an interesting one.

Kev · 06/03/2017 at 18:01

Awkward price for a mid only. Pass

BrownlowBoy · 06/03/2017 at 21:09

Will not get a game

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 12:51

cracking stuff BVC.

Looking at your masterpiece it appears we now have enough mid rooks but we are struggling for cheap fwd rooks??

Miles – will probably play rd 1 – 56 avg – on ground? would we be happy with a 50 on ground.
Butler 63 – will he play rd 1? has the done enough – meatball and a couple of others to come back in
WHE – excy but may have to pay the price – is best 22 but dear
Tarranto – loved his two JLT games but unlikely to get a gig rd 1
Eddy – only a bench option
Smith – hasn't played – cross off list
Houston – been great in his two games – wouldn't hesitate to start him on ground but will he get a gig?

other two are black and shoey.

others who are yet to impress and don't have you hitting the select button
bowes
galluci
pickett
mcbags
durdin

Looks a bit slim pickings at the moment unless we spend a bit extra dosh on the rooks.

would only go maximum 2 on ground unless someone above or else screams pick me this weekend.

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 13:10

Hey Trig who is WHE?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 13:12

Will Hoskin-Elliott

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 13:16

Yeah just worked that out cheers mate.
        Begeley from ESS looked OK, not sure if he'll get a gig but.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 17:10

just wanted me to type the name didn't ya 🙂

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 17:24

Ha. Na just drew a blank.
            I was at work tho so was switched off.

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 13:33

When I look over the forward rookies I don't see to much I like. There are 3 problems. I either don't like the price, the scoring potential or the job security. You could add Darcy Cameron to that list Trig but again his JS is a major concern

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 14:11

I currently have Simpkin, Shoenmakers, Johnstone (Melb) and Eddy as my forward rookies.

Knight has fallen off radar.

Also on watchlist is Turner, Parfit, Lovell, Long

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 14:58

Simpkin interesting

Being a hawks man is there room and will shoey get a game?

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 15:32

I see Shoenmakers getting a game. watched the JLT closely and i see Clarko going with 5 talls.

Tyrone and McEvoy will share ruck, resting in the goal square.

Gunston will spend alot of time on the wing. No Brad Hill this year. hartung playing the linking man out of defence. Gunston will be allowed to roam the wide wings of the MCG.

Roughie will be playing centre half and barging through the guts.

Shoenmakers will be the second tall in the forward line. Sicily has gone back to defense and looks very happy there.

Shoenmakers is a good set shot, however he does struggle to get hold of the ball and i think his main task will be to make a contest and get the ball on the ground for Cyril.

I do like the hawks easy draw to start with and therefore i'm thinking he might do ok.

But to answer your question, i can see him getting early games. Not sure if he will score that well.

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 15:42

I really like the look of Simpkin. North delisted nahas last year so has room for a good small forward.

Simpkin was last years 12th selection in draft and probably should have gone alot higher except he broke his leg earlier in the season. Looks a dead set gun. $162k will turn plenty off.

Leeds17 · 07/03/2017 at 05:55

Yeah comes down to the last PS game to see how much TOG Simpkin gets, definite talent that's for sure.
          Looks extremely likely Parfitt will play R1 but as a small forward.

Clokey · 06/03/2017 at 21:06

Houston is a lock for round 1 Trigger. Jasper is a historically slow healer and port have 2 upgrade spots available

Shake n bake · 07/03/2017 at 11:49

We are going to see a heap of teams jumping on rookies named rd 1. I say be careful because after maybe 1-2 weeks they wont be there. Remember its about the coin with these rookies we select. Dont want to watch every week for the team sheets to see if there selected after being dropped! Look for the marchbanks, W.H.E, Swallows maybe its that year!!

GRug · 06/03/2017 at 13:34

sam powell pepper definetly a keeper!!!!!!! 71 thats solid

Samuel · 06/03/2017 at 13:35

Riewoldt will average higher than dangerfield due to the new 5 points for mark on a lead

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 14:06

That was in scoring last year

samuel · 06/03/2017 at 14:37

i went to one of the st kilda traing sessions and i saw him leading so hes better this year

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 15:16

He's been doing that for 15-16 years Sam. Wouldn't read too much into that

@t_woof · 07/03/2017 at 01:54

Is this another one of the scoring rules that isn't on the official scoring table? This really sh!ts me. Same happened last year with the sharked hitouts.

jacob · 06/03/2017 at 13:36

trent cotchin surely is a lock will average atleast 115 on a bad week

Dukes · 06/03/2017 at 15:35

Ns if srs

Cr0magn0n · 06/03/2017 at 20:12

Bwahahahha! Pick him then!

Jacob · 07/03/2017 at 12:33

ur loss!!

Dean · 07/03/2017 at 23:29

lol You're kidding aren't you?

My luck he may well pull his finger out and score 115 on a bad week, however that's when I'll believe in miracles…

Not gonna happen Jacob, the guy is far to inconsistent.

BundyBear · 06/03/2017 at 13:39

Howdy everyone. Am back again this year . Hopefully do a bit better then last year though. Anyone want to join my league this year is welcome League number 956695. If this is the wrong page to put this then my apologies . Looking forward to a great competition again this year.

Rod · 06/03/2017 at 13:48

hey mate i finished in the top 67% last year so hopefull will give you some great competition!!

weapon · 06/03/2017 at 13:45

just traded treloar out scoring a 103 against an average team is just not good enough… Who are some other good options at his proce

robert · 06/03/2017 at 13:46

completely agree with u WEAPON, Bradley hill even scored 30 points higher than that!!!!!

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 14:09

105 from 76% game time isn't too bad

Seb · 06/03/2017 at 15:14

I agree

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 14:18

Don't judge premos on JLT form, they are just out stretching their legs.

weapon · 06/03/2017 at 14:35

brad hill scored nthat stretching his legs so only can mean one thing #HIll170averagewhennotstretchinglegs

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 14:41

Or, as happens every preseason, while the elite players are taking it easy, random lesser known players take up the slack

weapon · 06/03/2017 at 14:45

so are you saying that zorko is a gun just beacuse he scored high

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 14:54

No, Zorko is a gun because he averaged 109 during the regular season, I'm just saying that a low score from a premo in the JLT isn't significant unless it's been caused by an injury.

weapon · 06/03/2017 at 14:55

get ur facts right if they play well in jlt they will play well the season

jock reynolds · 06/03/2017 at 14:58

i agree with weapon treloar isnt going to have a good year due to poor preseason form

Jib_Jib · 06/03/2017 at 15:04

You know what mate, remember where you are and don't be so bloody rude and condescending. You're the one who asked the community for advice, don't act like asshole because you disagree with what you receive. It is well known that you shouldn't judge dismiss premos for low pre season scores, there are multiple factors at play in the JLT that can effect scores that you need to consider.

Maybe once you get an attitude adjustment someone will go through it with you.

gator59 · 06/03/2017 at 15:09

Well said Jib… So what About Danger then!!!

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 15:21

i think weapon was just being a "weapon"

but, based on that logic, Zac Dawson is going to have a crap year.

Aaron · 06/03/2017 at 18:02

if according to pre season form he will be lucky to average 90 hehehe obviously thats a load of cobble as he will average 115+

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 15:19

As Jock has said for many years the Premos go at "Half rat power" during the preseason. Danger only scored 60 so maybe you should get rid of him

gator59 · 06/03/2017 at 15:27

Exactly INP…. If we got rid of all Ultra Premos that don't score well in the JLT due to only going half rat power then we might as well give the game away !!

INPieman · 06/03/2017 at 15:45

Spat my coffee all over the joint this morning when I noticed Petrecca had made his way into 13.7% of teams. No doubt he was swapped for a premo that was just waltzing around putting his toes in the water & had a poor score. You don't judge premos in the preseason

Weapon · 06/03/2017 at 15:52

Hahahahahahaha it was a joke settle jib Jib

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2017 at 15:58

might have replaced Ryder as Ryder looks slow and ordinary

Clokey · 06/03/2017 at 20:58

Or wingard, some may have listened to Kev and dumped Toby for him. I upgraded McCarthy to him after swapping TMitch for Beams. So I guess there is doubt that he was swapped for a premo just waltzing around.

AuroraBorealis?! · 08/03/2017 at 02:51

This was obviously a troll Jib, people have more common sense than that haha

Dean · 07/03/2017 at 23:34

That is a absurd decision.

It's like watching a horse trial and most trial ordinary I might add, yet once their entered in a real race they are totally different and win easily.

For your premo's treat this JLT with a grain of salt mate. These players such as Treloar aren't even out of 2nd gear.

dan · 11/03/2017 at 15:45

I had treloar last year and the supercoach scorers ignored him one quarter he had 7 touches in about 5 minutes 2 resulted in goals 6 of them were clearences he got 7 points for those touches, pretty sure they hate him

THE NANK · 06/03/2017 at 13:53

Thoughts community
bit risky but after the nank's game it's forced me to restructure the whole bloody thing

DEF: Doc, Simpson, Shaw, Hampton, Vickers-willis, Newman (Stewart, Guthrie)

MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Trealor, Fyfe, Swallow, SPP (Wigg, Miles, Atley)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: Rooey, Dalhaus, Nank, Black, Pickett, Houston (Eddy, Smith)

Round 11 looks a killer for me, thoughts appreciated

john · 06/03/2017 at 14:57

chuck strndica on the field for sandi because he has never been injured in his whole afl career could be a nice vc option come round one if he gets named

Kev · 06/03/2017 at 18:08

Really like your mids!

Reckon you've overspent down back.

Dean · 07/03/2017 at 23:37

Doc, Simpson & Shaw BLOODY hell you're game.

mike · 06/03/2017 at 13:55

darcy moore, he bloody lock. no cloke he has the forward line to himself and should kick atleast 40 goals

Carl · 06/03/2017 at 21:05

Mike he might kick 40 goals but not a SC relevant player

Seb · 06/03/2017 at 15:19

Anyone think someone like hanners or JPK could be a better pick than Pendles? Or should I stay with Pendles?

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 16:24

you are really splitting hairs Seb. For what it is worth, i'm starting with hanners but have two spots on my Mid for JPK and pendles at a slightly cheaper price.

JEL · 08/03/2017 at 01:00

Similar plan, My top 2 mids are Danger & Hanners, Pendles & JPK are upgrade targets if they don't get themselves injured.

Holty · 06/03/2017 at 18:58

Pendles will probably score more so depends what you can do with that 30k saved going with the sydney mids. I have all 3 in my side at present although my side has been changing everyday so may not last for long.

David Kings Elite · 06/03/2017 at 15:24

DEF: Laird, Vince, Marchbank, Hampton, Vickers-willis, Guthrie (Stewart, Otten)

MID: Hannebery, Selwood, Trealor, Bontempelli, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, O'Meara, (SPP, Barrett, Wigg)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: Dalhaus, Macrae, Caddy, Nankervis, Miles, Houston (Eddy, Pickett)

Change of structure for my team, out goes Cameron for Nankervis. May change mind before Round 1 lockout, if I swap it back I have $254,600 biccies sitting there. This was the originally the idea to upgrade Sandilands once he makes a bit of cash for me to a solid locked R2.

The Ranger · 06/03/2017 at 15:28

Just thinking aloud…
is there any worth in putting Vince or Adams into the mids instead of a rookie?
Then swapping them into the def line when the rookie situation in the mids is clearer?
I currently have Hibberd on my mid bench and swapping him with Adams makes my mids look a heap better.
Adams then sits at M6 with Swallow M7 and SPP at M8.
It does mean I have to run Hampton at D3 which doesn't look so good…

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 16:22

just quietly… that is a nice way to take advantage of the rookie loophole. for those considering starting season with a donut on bench to loop with so you max your rookie score.

The Ranger · 06/03/2017 at 17:05

Hmm…more food for thought.
      Thanks Derek.

Derek · 06/03/2017 at 17:15

Berry might be a good option. Don't think he will be far away. has DPP

Tiger Shai · 06/03/2017 at 17:01

G'day Ranger, I had the exact same thought and commented here a few weeks back. I thought I sounded crazy at first but when you look at it it does work. Gives you the ability to have 4 premo backs in your team at the click of a button. I wouldn't worry too much with Hampton if he ave is in the 70s I think that's serviceable for a month or so.

Still considering this option highly myself

The Ranger · 06/03/2017 at 17:04

Thanks Tiger, not sold on it yet but it's a thought.
      It sits well with my theory that you don't want more than five keepers in your mids at the start of the season.
      Any more than that seems overconfident to me.

Neverweaken · 06/03/2017 at 19:00

That's what I have done. Say to start them where you want them but with no mid rooks move them back when back rooks make their money.

JDP · 06/03/2017 at 16:55

Should I stick with my initial choice of Heeney at F3 or look at Billings ?

Thoughts greatly appreciated

Zee888 · 06/03/2017 at 17:17

HEENEY. DO NOT TOUCH BILLINGS HE IS A TRAP.

Holty · 06/03/2017 at 19:12

Both risks mate imo. Billings is a injury risk and Heeney's role playing midfield still isnt guaranteed. But if i had to pick one, id go heeney.

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 11:28

Heeney out with glandular fever, I think Jack Steele is a better breakout option from Saints.

Steeeve · 07/03/2017 at 13:27

Hoping Steele traps a lot with his JLT form. I will not be among their kind.

adam · 06/03/2017 at 16:56

forgive me but how do use the spreadsheet

Be Sharps · 06/03/2017 at 21:01

Down the bottom, there is a few different sheets titles DEF, MID, FWD, Ownership %

Click there and away you go mate.

Beastiano · 06/03/2017 at 18:38

Love your work BVC

harry · 06/03/2017 at 18:55

would love some feedback guys! I do realise there's alot of risk in there but you have to risk it for the biscuit

DEF: rance Laird Vince Hampton Marchbank Stewart (berry newman)

MIDS: Danger Treloar Zorko Fyfe Beams JOM Swallow SPP (Hibberd Barrett Wigg)

RUCKS: Grundy Sandi (Cameron)

FWD: Riewoldt Dahlhaus Caddy Roughy Nank Black (Miles Butler)

Coolibar to Riv · 06/03/2017 at 19:16

Don't read too much into preseason scores bro.
    Use previous years to choose premiums. Studs are studs.
    Best team i've seen on here.
    Nank is last years Zac Smith…..pass
    Riewoldt……….will his price improve? Take his 200 out and it makes him overvalued.
    No Gawn? Good choice recent reports increase his risk.
    Too much mid-price? PFFT!!! Your mid prices are guns. Makes this team Guns and Rookies(forgetting Nank)
    Will Zorko be top 10? Probs not sharing points with Rocky and Beams.
    Sandi gets injured you trade no cover required
    Love this community 🙂
    Nank out rookie here.

Rivo · 06/03/2017 at 19:51

I like it Harry though not sold on Zorko to finish top 10. One or 2 of the mid price mids likely to get injured, but could make enough coin to trade up. Nankervis in great form but wait for this weeks JLT as Grundy will test him more. Berry injured still?

harry · 06/03/2017 at 20:31

yeah im a bit unsure about zorko have been swapping him with the bont all preseason! any other suggestions of a premo rivo? i only have 597k. yeah berrys injured but im banking on him being a walk up starter when fit they had big expectations for him before the knee!

Rivo · 06/03/2017 at 21:02

Priddis or Sloane are great options to consider over Zorko – both under $597k. Their ceiling may be lower but they are super consistent. I like Berry too but not sure how his recovery is going.

hedski · 06/03/2017 at 21:59

Shuey a smokey to pick up a bit too with Smitch there.
          Saves a few $, played 22 games last year.

Rivo · 06/03/2017 at 19:21

Nankervis or O'Mera/Roughy? Here is my current squad….

D: Doc, Shaw, Larid, Hampton, EVW, Stewart (Ryan, Guthrie);
M: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Pridd, Fyfe, O'Mera, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Miles, Hibberd);
R: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica);
F: Dahl, Caddy, Heeney, Roughy, McBaggs, Black (Cameron, Eddy).

Stuff all cash left, but good DPP set up. Hold team as is it make a change?

Michael · 08/03/2017 at 07:34

If you are going Sandilands, put Nank in your fwd line… you'll sleep so much better

sewlly · 06/03/2017 at 19:46

go cheap in ruck sanders,english and pruest,allows u to have 4 guns in back line and forwads plus six elite mids

The Stiv · 06/03/2017 at 22:49

Going that cheap in the ruck is foolish. Neither English nor Preuss have decent job security and Sandy is coming off a calf strain as a 34 yr old man mountain. Too big a risk in my opinion.

Cr0magn0n · 06/03/2017 at 20:24

Hey guys, will there be a dedicated 'Rate my Team' thread or is this the place to be submitting your team for scrutinising?

Liam · 06/03/2017 at 20:48

Here is fine

Cr0magn0n · 06/03/2017 at 21:04

I have some questions for you guys.
1. Do you think if you pick Sandi it is a must to have a DPP Fwd/Ruck as backup?
2. Do you think Taranto will get early, regular games, or maybe no games?
3. Has anyone considered Dom Sheed ($267.4K)(JLT 1 91 SC)(JLT 2 92 SC)?
4. Is anyone considering Marchbank?
5. What do y'all think about Tuohy? Is his current form a trap, or a sign of things to come?

Liam · 06/03/2017 at 21:09

1. No, im just going with Preuss or Cameron at R3.
    2. Will be hard to break into the giants best 22.
    3. Swallow and JOM better value
    4. Defence rookies are good this year, can't see him averaging above 80 which is what you'd want from him.
    5. Hard to say, think he might average around 95 but will see a bit more attention come real season.

Rivo · 06/03/2017 at 21:19

1. Yes – DPP cover necessary;
    2. Yes – maybe Round 1, keen on him too;
    3. No – awkward price. Better value in rooks;
    4. No, better value in Hampton & rooks;
    5. Yes, but not now. Maybe an upgrade target if form continues.

James Sykes · 06/03/2017 at 21:19

Please please please tell me its so wrong to be considering nankilands…..so much money saved….

Its invading my cortex……..

I need a slap of reality…..

BrownlowBoy · 06/03/2017 at 22:07

Lekdog is all over it, and has been for a while.

James Sykes · 06/03/2017 at 22:35

Thanks BrownlowBoy.

At least now I can define the culprit of such silly thoughts.

Lekdog, why do you lead me down the path of temptation?

Gawn has been sitting there pretty for 6 weeks….

Cheers.

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 08:39

I've met Nank a few times, the swans would send him around the junior clubs for their Auskick days. The kids didn't know who he was so just asked him questions about Buddy.

Never did I think he would be SC relevant

Rick Grimes · 07/03/2017 at 09:12

I think we need to wait until final teams are named before we can really settle the debate. If there is any chance of rucks sharing duties and floating forward, it really raises questions about the value of selecting ultra premiums.

fatboyfat7 · 07/03/2017 at 14:01

I'm running with it. Big risk, big reward. Allows so much more in other areas and I really don't like the forward rookies this year, hesitate to start 1 on field so the saved cash is handy.

Worst case scenario is if Sandi goes down early I'll have to burn some trades to downgrade Swallow and upgrade Sandi. Acceptable risk for mine when I think of got 14 starters in my team.

Seb · 07/03/2017 at 14:09

I see the risk in this move and I understand a bit of the reward, but what is the full reward of it
    ?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 14:59

Gawn – nank =
      Wigg – JOM
      Miles – swallow.

Seb · 07/03/2017 at 15:05

Very true but doesn't that increase the risk aswell but having swallow and JOM? Aswell as nank and sandi

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 15:27

yep

back to old risk v reward scenario

Jake · 06/03/2017 at 22:07

D: Simpson, Laird, Hodge, Touhy, Hampton, EVW (Ryan, Stewart)

M: Hanners, Pendles, TMitchell, Heppell, Fyfe, JKelly, Brodie, SPP (Barrett, Wigg, Hibberd);

R: Grundy, Sandi (Strnadica);

F: Dahl, TLynch(Gcs), Heeney, Roughy, Eddy, Black (Cameron, Durdin).

I've got around $150k in bank and not sure where to upgrade I feel like I have a strong team but not satisfied, any thoughts community?
Thanks

Booma · 06/03/2017 at 22:17

Lots of mid pricers there Jake.

Browncow · 07/03/2017 at 04:31

Heppell for Danger would be good if you have the dollar Jake. Without Gawn you need someone to help Fyfe with the captaincy.

BrownlowBoy · 06/03/2017 at 22:08

Nice PODs in Merrett and Priddis!

James Sykes · 06/03/2017 at 22:40

Oh Booma.

I too have been sucked into the Nankervis and Sandy double.

But what will we do if they both go 75 week one…one hell of a bind…..

And what do we do if Richmond name Nanks and Hampson round 1? or even 2? How do we restructure from there?

Think I need to go back to Gawn……its just safer.

Cheers.

crowls · 07/03/2017 at 00:37

unless they start spencer and gawny avg 95-100 and loses 180k

Holmes_Heroes · 07/03/2017 at 13:49

there could be an argument that Booma keeps that 200k as an insurance. That would mean Sandi could become Grundy or Nank become Goldy… My plan is to stick with Gawn/Sandi and I've got enough cash on the bench that Sandi can become Nank if things go to hell.

Pieman · 06/03/2017 at 22:42

Was hoping to get thoughts on my side so far of course subject to change……thanks meter keep up the good work!

Dec: shaw, rance, laird. Hampton, otten, vickers-willis ( newton, guthrie)

Miid: Danger, pendels, jpk, treloar, fyfe, t-ich, M. Crouch, JOM (SPP, barret, Hilbert?)

Rock: navlands, sandyballs (strnadica)

Fwd: dollhose, macrae, J. Roughead, A. Black, Balic?, .T. Miles ( Bolton, Eddy)

Thanks all

@t_woof · 07/03/2017 at 14:53

F4 to F6 looks paper thin bud. Would drop a mid down to Will Brodie, or start a Barrett or Salt N Pepper. Spend the extra money on F4 to F6. I'm worried about starting one forward line rookie, let alone three. I have Eddy at F6. Not convinced on Black yet. I don't believe Miles will get a game round one either.

Remainder looks fine, outside of ruck department. But that's your bed, and you've gotta sleep in it if fails.

Pieman · 07/03/2017 at 15:54

Thanks mate

haiku bob · 07/03/2017 at 00:00

DEF: Doc, Laird, Mills, Hampton, VW, Stewart (Newman, Guthrie)

MIDS: Danger, JPK, Treloar, Priddis, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, PP (Myers, Barrett, Hibberd)

RUCKS: Gawn, Sandi (Strnadica)

FWDS: St.Nick, Dahl, Roughie, Nank, Black, Miles (Houston, Butler)

$132, 400 in the kitty

Byes 3, 9, 9, 9.

Any thoughts?

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 08:29

When will Myers play?

haiku bob · 07/03/2017 at 17:24

Hard to say. Estimates are 4-6 weeks. With such a deep midfield, might be worth holding unless another rookie puts his hand up.

@t_woof · 07/03/2017 at 14:59

Looks a good team Haiku Bob, except for F5 & F6.

Not sold on Black. Think he could be a 60-70 one week, 20-30 the next. Need to see a very good performance from him in JLT III to warrant a starting spot. Bench is where he's at for mine.

Miles, i don't believe he'll get a game in round one. At this point in time, i have him as an EM in my best round one side.

I believe Eddy is a better starting option at present than the above two.

haiku bob · 07/03/2017 at 17:28

Thanks T-Woof. Eddy has been in my line up right up until now. Will definitely be considered. What does his JS look like?

@t_woof · 07/03/2017 at 18:16

I believe it looks decent. Mature age recruit, obviously there to fill a position.

Ken wanting to push Chad through the midfield, therefore there's a vacancy up forward.

Moustachio · 07/03/2017 at 00:25

Amazing work Barron! Is there some way to filter the eventual ultimate sheet to ignore JLT1, which I think was even more of a training exercise than the other JLT's?

Isthisin · 07/03/2017 at 09:31

DEF: Shaw, laird, mills, Hampton, otten, VW, (Stewart, Guthrie)

MID: Danger, pendles, treloar, Selwood, Fyfe, titch, JOM, SPP (Myers, Barrett, wiggs)

RUC: Gawn, sandi,( strindica)

FWD: Dahl, McRae, roughy, nank, black, Houston (smith,eddy)

15k in the bank, bit worried about that number.

Would love your thoughts, cheers

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 11:55

Your mid field will be decimated for round 13 bye – no pendles, treloar, fyfe, titch and JOM.
    if you are happy to lose footing then go for it. otherwise i would try to get a better spread.

Isthisin · 07/03/2017 at 11:56

Yeah knew that, was aiming to get more premos who have round 12 and 11 byes into my team before round 13

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 12:00

5 is still too many. I'd look at swapping one out to be honest. I had to do it too. What about Bont or Hanners/Parker/JPK?

Isthisin · 07/03/2017 at 12:01

Yeah was thinking of making peddles into hanners

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 13:13

Aim to pick up Pendles post-byes then. i think that is a good strategy.

fatboyfat7 · 07/03/2017 at 13:56

Pendles post bye for me too for similar reasons. I'm still going in with 5 R13 bye players though. (including JOM) Hope to have upgraded some R11/12 mids and should have the freedom to swing Caddy to mids to cover if needed…. Its very tight though!

fatboyfat7 · 07/03/2017 at 13:58

Also, depending on how recoveriy goes, Myers should be playing by then and worst case maybe an acceptable M6 for the bye…

Harley · 07/03/2017 at 10:34

I think it's a great 'safe' team but it's very much similar to a lot of other teams in here. Just my opinion but I'm looking for a few more risks- PODS to separate from the pack. Will be to boring otherwise. Good luck

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 10:50

Great work Barron, I've played around with this and come up with (according to JLT only obviously) the choice of must have rookies for R1 if they get a game. This is based on the following criteria:
– all have played both games so far,
– all are less than $150K in price,
– all have made over $200K based on scores in these games.

DEF: Otten, Stewart, Guthrie, Smith, EVW, Melican, Lynch
MID: Wigg, Barrett, Parfitt, Lloyd, Mountford, SPP, Atley, Fox
RUC: Preuss, Cameron
FWD: Black, Houston, Butler

Interesting, obviously the likes of Otten, Melican, Wigg, Parfitt, Lloyd, Fox, Cameron are unlikely to get games straight away.
That still leaves hopefully a choice of 4 MIDS that have a chance of R1 action.

Thoughts?

hedski · 07/03/2017 at 10:54

Heard a whisper that Gregson may be put on the LTI list and Zac Guthrie could be upgraded and in line for round one, interesting….

BrownlowBoy · 07/03/2017 at 10:58

Heeney in doubt for round 1 with Glandular Fever!

poloko48 · 07/03/2017 at 11:16

Huge news confirmed on HS website!! I didn't have him in but plenty of others do!

Steeeve · 07/03/2017 at 13:28

Last year Kade Kolo was a late scratch. You beauty, I thought to myself, I'll keep him and he'll become a POD. Before the season everyone wanted him.
    Turned out everyone else dodged a bullet and I just stayed in the firing line…

Boltons Blues · 07/03/2017 at 11:13

Comments on my team would be appreciated, been tinkering lately, so its bound to change, havent put in the time like last year so if some rookies are off the mark, thats probably why haha

Docherty, Shaw, Adams, Hampton, Vickers-Willis, Newman (Stewart, Guthrie)
Danger, Pendles, Kennedy, Selwood, Fyfe, JOM, SPP, Wigg (Miles, Freeman, Atley)
Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
Riewoldt, Dahl, Macrae, Nankervis, Pickett, Eddy (Black, Houston)

Johnny · 07/03/2017 at 11:34

swap selwood for cotchin brother

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:28

You are either a Richmond supporter or you surely have to be joking?

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 11:46

Solid but there are going to be thousands of teams that look exactly the same. I'm grappling with the same issue.

THE NANK · 07/03/2017 at 12:01

Standard team, won't do you any wrong but won't win 50k

Bailes · 07/03/2017 at 11:17

Thoughts on trent cotchin fellas?

jack viney · 07/03/2017 at 11:19

no hes the worst player in the afl absolutly soft, haven't seen him since the final against the kangas

Bailes · 07/03/2017 at 11:21

your soft viney

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:32

Plenty of better options at that price imo. He is certainly durable though.
    Question, why do you feel he will be supercoach relevant this year compared to the last 4 years?

Bailes · 07/03/2017 at 14:17

After realising he's a soft prick i reckon he'll harden up this year and average 110+

trent cotchin · 07/03/2017 at 11:22

Viney is the TOUGHEST PLAYER IN THE AFL GET HIM IN YOUR TEAM!!

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:33

Lol.

Bailes · 07/03/2017 at 11:24

JOKES HES A GUN

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 11:37

Heeney diagnosed with glandular fever. Almost certain to miss start of the season. Significant.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 12:50

Significant not only for those with him but just importantly those with mills , Jones or Foote as surely they get more mid minutes now?

Fantastic 3 was 4 also impacted.

gator59 · 07/03/2017 at 11:41

Hi community, Could someone please tell me where to find the link for last years winner.. I just want to check out his starting structure.. cheers

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 11:52

Thoughts on Taranto's JS?

The Ranger · 07/03/2017 at 13:13

Not sure he has any Zee. Shame 'cos he's looked good.

Clock Management · 07/03/2017 at 14:02

For mine he will play and has job security but he won't have the same output as he has had in pre-season will get less midfield time.

INPieman · 07/03/2017 at 14:26

JS is shaky for any GWS rookie now. But he's a gun, no doubt. As clock said don't expect a 90 output. Perhaps 70 at best, which is still very good. But if he gets spelled it's a problem. Any other team & he's a lock

Seb · 07/03/2017 at 11:55

Struggling to find premium PODS? Any ideas?

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 11:57

Jack Steven? Jack Viney? Dyson Heppell… Lachie Neale

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 12:10

There has been a lot of talk on Matty Crouch, would be interested to see his ownership percentage?? Can't tell if people are actually selecting him or not. One guy I'm toying with in my lineup is Shuey, however I have the coin to go up to a safer option in Treloar/Hanners etc so will be looking closely at his next JLT game before doing anything rash.

Some PODs to consider for me though would be Shuey, Viney, Steven, Priddis (always flys under the radar), Merrett, Ward, Zorko, Martin. Keep in mind I haven't seen any ownership percentages though so can't confirm whether these guys are heavily selected or not.

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:37

Have a look in the coaches choice link in supercoach. It will give you the ownership % on each player. Anyone under 8% imo is classified as a POD

BrownlowBoy · 07/03/2017 at 12:56

Mundy, Cotchin, M.Crouch, Sidebottom, Menegola, Howe, T.McDonald, J.McGovern, Coniglio, Ward, J.Lloyd, R.Gray, D.Prestia, Shiel, Neale, Priddis, Merrett, S.Mitchell

All these guys are under 4% ownership.

The Ranger · 07/03/2017 at 12:57

Personally I never worry about PODs at this time of the year Seb.
    I just pick what i think is the best team available.
    If I've got pretty much the same team as the top 1% after three rounds that'll do me.
    POD's are for later in the season once the trading starts.

Seb · 07/03/2017 at 13:34

Yeah that's what I was thinking cheers ranger

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 14:43

players are only POD's because others haven't picked them in their teams.

I much prefer the idea of picking the best players. If other people agree, good luck to them.

why pick a POD like Priddis if you don't have him in your best 22

i'm very clear as to who i think are the best 22. I am open to fluctuations and the possibility of injury but pretty much got it sorted.

My starting team includes those 22 who i think are the best value now (have Gawn & Danger for C/VC options) and the others i will look at getting (hopefully much cheaper). All other starters are Cash Cows. That's why Roughie has gone.

If my best 22 happen to be different to other people's and they are a POD, oh well.

Seb · 07/03/2017 at 14:45

I completely agree with you, but then people started saying I needed PODS so I started doubting my team but this gives me confirmation, cheers Derek!

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 12:13

Not sure it's been mentioned by anyone but saw Port are looking to play Houston in Jasper's spot while he is injured. He's looked decent thus far in JLT.

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:39

This is true. My worry is when jasper is back, will Houston still be playing? You would want Jasper out to at least rd5 for Houston to appreciate in value.

Steeeve · 07/03/2017 at 13:30

Houston will have a tough time staying in that team IMO, once Jasper is back. Last year's wonder boy Byrne-Jones will have a spot locked up back there and Riley Bonner got a game right at the end of the season (just to stuff up his SC price in 2017) and looked fantastic. Both will play small defender roles this year.

INPieman · 07/03/2017 at 14:27

"Houston we have a problem" with your JS

baz · 07/03/2017 at 12:15

just wondering peoples throughts as to who who to pick for F1 McCrae or Dahlhaus

Finnius123 · 07/03/2017 at 12:16

dalhaus is slightly more consistent and has a bigger ceiling

Finnius123 · 07/03/2017 at 12:16

league open to any followers of this page or otherwise. Code 601991.

steve · 07/03/2017 at 12:31

if sandilands had midfield elligibility im might consider him but 133 isnt good enough for me

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 12:42

Bahahahaha

danger · 07/03/2017 at 12:34

Dangerfield POD

danger · 07/03/2017 at 12:51

Is it safe to have touhy JOM swallow sandy roughead all in one team?? That's my POD

Clock Management · 07/03/2017 at 14:01

Lol definitely not a pod a lot of people will do that,

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 14:56

Are you picking Touhy and Roughie as keepers?

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 12:59

Community please help me add finishing touches…

Pick 1 out of JPK, Hanners, Parker, Selwood?

Pick 2 out of Riewoldt, Franklin, Macrae?

The Ranger · 07/03/2017 at 13:08

Depends on ya bye structure but Hanners, Franklin and Macrae for mine.
    Roo could be a great pick but surely tooth length has to affect him at some point?

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 13:11

Thanks mate. Anyone else got a comment with it? Likely going to let it be decided here haha doing my head in over it. Gotta beat the old boy again!

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 13:18

Selwood. Has proven he has a much higher ceiling. They are all very durable though and all keepers by seasons end i would think.
    Tough to say with pick 2. Macrae (underpriced imo) and Reiwoldt (more durable than Franklin and his role this year could boost his average by a fair bit)

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 14:49

Hi Holty,

So you are leaning towards Selwood, Riewoldt and Macrae?

Holty · 07/03/2017 at 17:03

Yeah mate.

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 14:59

much easier to pick two out of the midfielders (Selwood & Hanners) and 1 out of the forwards (McCrae)

but if i had to ……….

Hanners, McCrae & Buddy.

Cripps9 · 08/03/2017 at 22:20

When in doubt go with younger player on the "up".

So:

Parker

Macrae and Franklin

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 13:07

Community whats thoughts on this current squad :

Docherty, Adams, Tuohy, Hampton, Vicker-Willis, Newman, Stewart, Guthrie

Danger, Pendles, Selwood, Trealor, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Wigg, Miles

Nankervis, Sandiballs, Stnadica

Riewoldt, Dalhaus, Franklin, Roughhead, Steele, Houston, Black, Eddy

Feeling really strong to be honest.

Thomas · 07/03/2017 at 14:15

Hey Guys! This is my team:

DEF: Simmo, T.Adams, Laird, hampton, Vickers – willis, Otten (Ryan, Stewart)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Hanners, Treloar, Priddis, Fyfe, O'meara, SPP (Hibberd, Wigg, Barrett)
RUC: Gawn, Sandy (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Roughead, Bowes, Houston, Pickett (Smith, Eddy)

Got a few concerns. 1 being that i only have 84k left in the event Sandi goes down, meaning i will need to make 2 trades to fix that. Also changed my structure when i heard Heeney is missing the start of the season, gone the extra premo in the guts in Priddis, meaning i am exposing 3 onfield rookies in both def and forward. Is this a good idea or should i put in the extra rookie in defense and get someone like Gunston or Caddy up forward. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

FearTheBeard · 07/03/2017 at 14:51

People seem to be starting Otten more lately. I thought he was long odds to get a game?

I like the overall layout, I had JOM for a bit too though went off him for now and got Beams.

Bit light in the forwards. Bowes and Pickett and Houston starting is very thin.

Thomas · 07/03/2017 at 16:00

Before i went the extra mid premo, i had grundy instead of Sandi, Caddy instead of Bowes and Shai Bolton instead of Priddis. Do you reckon this is a better than what i have atm?

HaloumiMan · 07/03/2017 at 15:13

i'd suggest you'll end up using 2 trades if Sandi goes down whether you have $84k or $150k in the bank – if he gets injured at his current price you'd probably want to find a reliable premium replacement over $500k mark (replacing him with another mid-pricer would be a brave move) – my advice would be either get some Ruck cover in Fwd line or be prepared to burn 2 trades – but I wouldn't be leaving $200k in the bank for the sake of saving a trade on Sandi replacement, it's money better spent earning points and cash generation for your team

Adzmak31 · 07/03/2017 at 14:54

Hey supercoaches would like some feedback Def Shaw,laird,touhy,mills,hampton,stewart,guthrie,Ryan MIDS danger,jelwood,Sloane , ward, Steven ,jom,swallow, spp, wigg , hibberd. Ruck Gawn , sandi Standica Fwds jk, dollhouse, buddy,whe,mcclug, butler miles,eddy This is the first team I picked real quick would love some tips cheers guys

Clock Management · 07/03/2017 at 14:56

Do you own a dollhouse? thats cool i guess

Adzmak31 · 07/03/2017 at 15:02

Yeah y don't u have one ya missing out mate

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 15:07

Sloane has had his face rearranged again pushing to make Rd 1.

A couple of key forwards be an interesting ride

Andy · 07/03/2017 at 15:13

Thoughts will be appreciated Supercoach community!

Def: Shaw, Adams, Laird, Tuohy, Hampton, Stewart (Otten, Vickers-Wills)

Mid: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, JPK, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Swallow, SPP (Barrett, Wigg, Hibberd)

Rucks: Nankervis, Sandi (Cameron)

Fwd: Dahlhaus. Macrae, Caddy, Roughead, Hoskin-Elliot, Eddy (Black, Butler)

Zee888 · 07/03/2017 at 15:46

Lots of risk here. You only have a few solid performers here based on history (point scoring AND play all year). Adams doesnt play full seasons, Laird is iffy. JOM, Swallow and Beams all pose risk. Hoskin-Elliot. Plus your rucks are risky. I can see why you have done it – to go deeper across all lines. But geez I wouldnt be going down that path. At best you will lose a few of these to injury… at worst…? you could lose 3-4 mids, 2 rucks and 2 forwards. I'd be putting in a couple more rookies and putting in a few more proven premos. Value isnt everything.

Andy · 07/03/2017 at 15:58

Appreciate your opinion Zee.
      This team will definitely change again after this week.. Most likely clear all team, start again kinda thing! hahaha. Looking forward to watching all teams play there best 22 this week and I will go from there.
      My thoughts are 3-1-4 Def, 5-2-4 Mid, Maybe Gawn, Sandi Ruck combo. 3-1-4 Forward line structure..

neil demons delight · 07/03/2017 at 16:09

I dont think it too bad def is good mids two of your 3 midpricers need to become a premium and get gawn forwards not too bad either good luck but dont destroy it cheers neil

Andy · 07/03/2017 at 16:13

Thanks very much Neil, appreciate your opinion!

JamBak · 07/03/2017 at 15:57

First time posting here, just wanting some thoughts on my team community.
DEF: Docherty, Rance, vince, Hampton, otten, VW (Stewart, Guthrie.)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Hannebery, Zorko, Bont, Fyfe swallow, Powell-pepper (Barrett, wigg, hibberd.)
RUCK: Grundy, Sandiballs (strandica)
FWD: NRoo, Dahl, Roughy, The Nank, Black, Miles (eddy)

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 16:09

pretty standard mate, you'll go well

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 16:17

Not convinced the Bont will make round 1.

JamBak · 07/03/2017 at 16:20

Do you think swap to Priddis for a POD?

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 16:28

Plenty of options. Wait and see if the Bont trots out Thurs but my info is that he will likely be a late out again.
        I'm looking at Cripps, up and running again and hoping he'll be ready to go round 1. Happy with his quiet game over the weekend to keep him under the radar.

Steeeve · 07/03/2017 at 16:32

I'm going Bont to Cripps as well if Marcus ain't right for rd 1

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 16:34

Cripps is under-done. You can't start the season with any question marks over your Guns!

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 16:37

It's a risk but he's been training a while now. Let's see how he looks in the final JLT hitout. I still haven't completely ruled Ablett…

neil demons delight · 07/03/2017 at 16:19

Pretty content with my team aside from rookies.I have pops Kelly at D3 and tossing around Mills for same spot.Kelly makes appeal with dpp and did have a good year 2016 ave 90s plus both could be D6 Forwards now ok with Kennedy F1 2 DOGS AND ROUGHY .Wont bother about lnsurance for Sandy as strd is his backup at Dockers and going well Cheers Neil

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 16:25

My thoughts on Nank.

FOR.

1. Has DPP. good cover for ruckman if they get injured, especially if going with Sandilands

2. Has a reasonably good start to season by way of playing against other ruckman

AGAINST

1. He isn't that good. Hardly got any games at Sydney. I've met him a few times, and he is fairly short for a ruckman.

2. JLT he has rucked against, Ryder (hasn't played for two years), Lobbe (sigh), Jacobs with a sore back and busted hand and O'Brien (hardly had a game). Against good ruckmen he will get killed.

3. May not hold down #1 ruck. Definitely won't be a Lone Wolf Ruckman.

4. Won't be in best 6 forwards for the year (not a keeper)

5. Won't be in best 2 ruckman for the year (not a keeper)

6. Won't make enough cash to be considered a Cash Cow. At best he might make $100k slow burn.

7. Is not a fallen premium.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 16:31

Lek has planted the seed and got us all having a look

He is up against Grundy this weekend so that will be a good test.
    Let's see how he goes then make our own call.

Clokey · 07/03/2017 at 17:08

Grundy wont get a touch against Nank coz he's not playin. Did a calf at training, real hard to jump with a stuffed calf

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 17:09

just a corky, nothing serious

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 16:32

Pretty compelling set of reasons against.

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 16:42

FOR:

3. CHEAP

Agree mostly with what you're saying, however I'm with Trigger, see how he goes this weekend – A strong showing against Grundy will certainly draw many in.

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 17:01

I wouldn't call him cheap. i was actually surprised when i saw how expensive he was. More expensive than McEvoy

Marco_Polo94 · 07/03/2017 at 17:14

I'm leaning towards cheaper* i suppose than cheap. As you say he isn't rookie priced or anything however that $200 k saved can be put to use elsewhere. Or, stashed away as I've done. I think he's a massive risk and if I had to put my money on him succeeding or failing I would be backing the latter, however I just don't think it is so heavily negative as you seem to be leaning.

Clokey · 07/03/2017 at 17:05

Bit early to be dismissing somebody simply because the opponents that they've starred against are spuds. See how he goes against Grundy this week and you could well change your mind.

neil demons delight · 07/03/2017 at 17:12

Why select nank anyway Cant go past Gawn at R1 and Sandy cheap playing well and if he gets injured strd takes his spot as they both play for freo. done and dusted Gawn / Sandy /Strd too short and rubbish good vfl player

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 17:17

Good to see we are reading from the same book.

Northernsoul74 · 07/03/2017 at 17:53

I'd guess most are considering Nank in the forward line.

Valens_FC · 07/03/2017 at 17:20

A reasonable assessment but there was a lot of politics in Sydney that made them committed to Tippet. And when Tippet was shit up forward they had to play him in the ruck, thereby setting the other guys back. But Naismith did clearly go past him in the pecking order, that can't be denied.

What I'm liking about him is his competitiveness in winning possessions, not just tap work. But rationale has to be because you think he is a chance to be in best 6 forwards and this in my view can't be dismissed at this stage. 95 average might be more than enough for top 6. But also agree the crapness of his opponents has got trap written all over it.

Keenbutclueless · 07/03/2017 at 18:05

Thank you Derek. You are a reliable voice of reason. With the forward line still so difficult, a mid priced option is more tempting than usual. It's a salient reminder to stay strong with core principles.

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 23:01

Just think TBC of 2 years ago

Dee · 07/03/2017 at 16:40

After watching him on sunday and Lekdog's game review Nank made his way into DIVINE FC at F4…. after Derek's thoughts on him, he could well and truly be out of my side! Very convincing reasons though…. the beauty of Super coach hey! Now I got a bloody headache….

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 17:09

i can see the attraction, and that is the DPP. But he 'aint no Nic Nat.

I am starting Sandi and won't be worrying about cover. If he gets injured i will trade him out. That is the price to pay, put a trade aside with Sandi's name on it, at some point in the season it will be used.

I'll probably start the year with a little more cash than usual in case he gets injured in the first 3 or 4 weeks before any significant price increase.

Have $110k in bank but that with Brodie at M7. That changes to swallow daily and then i get worried i have no cash so change M7 to Wigg/Barrett and have $160k in bank but worry i have two cheap rookies on field in the mids. focus!!!

Dee · 07/03/2017 at 19:40

What about Ryder at F4, is that worst or better? You're a bloody clever man Derek…. thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 22:59

Ryder is a better pick than Nank. He is almost a fallen premium. The excitement around Nank and the problem Ryder has with sharing with Lobbe, has turned people off Ryder. Makes him more of a POD.

He is half s chance to be top 10 forward this year, certainly has the ability. My early teams had him at F4. Pick him before The Nank for sure.

BrownlowBoy · 07/03/2017 at 16:46

McVeigh and Heeney out – does this help Mills' scores?

Clokey · 07/03/2017 at 16:59

He was already going to be a major part of the midfield rotation this year and Heeney wasn't, so it shouldn't make much difference. The only difference will be the loss of my POD with everyone jumping off Heeney onto Mills.
    Might make a big difference to Zac Jones' prospects in the early part of the season though.

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 17:03

i'm looking around the swans players to see who will benefit the most for Heeney missing.

McVeigh out will be bad for Mills. Will make him play the sweeping defender instead of right in the guts.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 18:28

McVeigh Is not playing at the moment and mills still doing alright he knows how to find the pill or the pill knows how to find him. Was great in the wet last week when others struggled.

He probably won't move into the mids as much now but will be the running half back that collects the pill, uses the ball well and racks up stats and points.

Don't mind him at all as an option will defiantly "please consider".

The BONT · 07/03/2017 at 17:13

round 11: 8 player have bye
round 12 : 9 players have bye
round 13 : 9 players have bye

Most of my rookies have the . bye round 13 so i can upgrade them to premiums in rounds 11/12

Jack · 07/03/2017 at 17:16

Thoughts please community, I know this doesn't belong here but don't know where else to put it. Cheers

DEF: S. Docherty, H. Shaw, T. Adams, C. Hampton, A. Otten, E. Vicerks-Willis (T. Stewart, Z. Guthrie)

MID: P. Dangerfield, D. Hannebery, A. Treloar, N. Fyfe, T. Mitchell, J. O'Meara, D. Swallow, S. Powell-Pepper (J. Barrett, M. Hibberd, H. Wigg)

RUC: M. Gawn, A. Sandilands (L. Strndica)

FWD: L. Dahlhaus, T. Greene, J. Roughead, T. Nankervis, J. Thomas, A. Black (J. Pickett, B. Eddy)

I don't like the though of so many mid pricers in Rough, JOM, Nank and Swallow, but at the moment they're all worth it for their own reasons. It's a weird year ahead!

The BONT · 07/03/2017 at 17:19

You can downgrade upgrade JOM and Swallow to limit your midpricers

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 17:29

plenty has been said about midpricers. I posted last week about 3 types of mid-price players. The fallen premiums, the never was never will be's and the young breakout player.

From my own experience over the last 3 years, my success rate of picking mid price players who have succeeded have been pretty poor. The ones that have done ok (ie Wells last year) have usually come from the first category, the fallen premium. 3 out of 4.

the young breakouts 1 out of 3 (and thats being generous to KK)

the never was, 0 out of 9 (Newnes and Ibbotson did ok)

Of the ones you have listed, i think Roughie can be called a Fallen Premium.

JOM & Swallow are Young Breakouts (Swallow was almost a sub-premium)

Nank is the middle type.

Jack · 07/03/2017 at 19:06

You speak a lot of wisdom Derek! However Nankervis is perhaps the most interesting one as he provides the cover for Sandilands as well. If he wasn't DPP I wouldn't be touching him. I'm hoping he could appreciate a tick over 100k, downgrade him and upgrade a peak Sandilands to Goldstein (assuming he's the clear choice). What are your thoughts?

The BONT · 07/03/2017 at 17:38

I need one more rookie for my mid currently have

SPP (Barret, Wigg, Hibberd)

got the cash

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 17:48

Is this for M7?

My M7 has been my biggest headach. Changes daily from Brodie to McGrath, to Swallow to Wigg/Barrett

The BONT · 07/03/2017 at 17:52

M7 im struggling with don't want go with Swallow or JOM. i don't like mid pricers unless the are fallen mid pricers (Roughy, Sandi)
      I was going with Brodie but not sure anymore

Derek · 07/03/2017 at 18:00

right at the moment i have Wigg, SPP (Barrett, Miles, Hibberd).

I also have McGrath at D4 who can swing into the mids via Hibberd.

If Hibberd doesn't play early, i will use him as rookie loophole either in mids or defence.

neil demons delight · 07/03/2017 at 18:14

parfitt or Bolton McGrath may not line up same as hibberd

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2017 at 18:31

Brodie has one more good game with the guns back this weekend and to quote the crouching one:

He a bloody lock.

FearTheBeard · 08/03/2017 at 12:25

Could use some advise here lads.

With stuff moved around would you take :

1 of Hanners/JPK/Trealor and 2 of Franklin/Macrae/Riewolt IF THIS LINE WHO?

or

JOM, Gawn, 1 of Franklin/Macrae/Riewolt & 200K in the bank?

Derek · 08/03/2017 at 13:41

you gotta have Gawn.

I'd go option 2, but find the extra cash to get TMitch instead of JOM with the $200k

FearTheBeard · 08/03/2017 at 13:49

Thanks Derek. Who do you think out of Frank/Macrae/Riewolt?

FearTheBeard · 08/03/2017 at 13:50

Tried it. 40k short to get Tich 🙁

FearTheBeard · 08/03/2017 at 13:53

Could ditch Doch for Rance or Laird to make it happen?

Derek · 08/03/2017 at 13:55

I like Laird

I'm willing to wait for Docherty

FearTheBeard · 08/03/2017 at 14:23

Laird and Mitchell?

Doch & Jom?

I know people worried about JOMs health though surely he can make a couple hundred if healthy?

Emma · 08/03/2017 at 13:53

I watched Nank on the weekend and what impressed me the most was his tackling and marks not necessity his hit outs. His power running was impressive as well. I will be going with him at F4 as we don't have great rookies or great forward options.

Camo · 08/03/2017 at 15:39

Need supercoach players for competitive league : 549750
Dreamteam- 255823
AFL Fantasy – VVCZJA72

Frankie · 08/03/2017 at 16:34

G'day community,
This is the first time i have released my squad i was wondering if anyone had any ideas on changes i should make to my squad, i am very open to criticism so if needed please tell me haha
DEF
K Simpson, H Shaw, T Adams, M Scharenberg, C Hampton, E Vickers-willis INT(L Ryan, T stewart)
MID
P Dangerfield, S Pendlebury, D Hannebery, M Bontempelli, N Fyfe, D Swallow, S Powel-Pepper, T Miles INT(H Wigg, M Hibberd, R Fox)
RUCK
M Gawn, B Grundy INT (L Strnadica)
FWD
L Dahlhaus, J Caddy, D Menzel, J Billings, A Black, K Lebois INT (J Henry, B Eddy)

Neverweaken · 08/03/2017 at 17:38

Not sure on Scharenberg or Bont. Bont might have slight niggle

neil demons delight · 08/03/2017 at 18:52

Great team Frankie don't know much about Fox .your forward pack is your weak point but hey whos isn't If Menzel and Billings fire you will be way ahead good on you being inventive cheers neil

Neverweaken · 08/03/2017 at 17:37

Not sure where to post this.
Is anyone else having trouble with the podcast page?
Just freezes on the iPad. Not even tying to play it. No comments come up. Nothing

The BONT · 08/03/2017 at 18:05

Where abouts does everyone think I will finish overall and how can i change that

DEF: Docerty, Rance, Laird, Hampton, Otten, Vickers-Willis (Stewart, Guthrie)

MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, JPK, Jelwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Brodie, Powell-Pepper (Wigg, Barrett, Hibberd)

RUCK: Gawn Sandilands (Cameroon)

FWD Dahlhaus, Macrae Roughhead, Black, Miles, Butler ( Pickett, Eddy)

I still got $191,000 left over but don't know where to spend it

Frankie · 08/03/2017 at 19:23

G'day community,
DEF
MID
RUCK
M Gawn, A Sandilands INT (L Strnadica)
FWD
L Dahlhaus, J Caddy, T Greene, T Nankevis, A Black, K Lebois INT (J Henry, B Eddy)

Blaknight · 09/03/2017 at 00:57

Evening Community (Well morning now)

Had a little reshuffle with news of injuries.

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Johannisen, Scharenberg, Vickers-Willis, T.Stewart (N.Newman, L.Ryan)
MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Selwood, Bontempelli, Fyfe, O'Meara, Swallow, Powell-Pepper (J.Barret, H.Wigg, T.Miles)
RUCK: Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Roughhead, Nankervis, J.Bowes, A.Black (T.Smith, B.Eddy)

Pretty happy with the way my team is sitting ATM, just not 100% on J.Bowes.

Blaknight · 09/03/2017 at 01:05

$163,000 remaining.

Think my byes will hurt me though.

4-8-6-12

Blaknight · 09/03/2017 at 14:02

Its now 4-8-7-11

neil demons delight · 09/03/2017 at 13:15

Round 13 will hit you hard blaknight laird jj ryan pendles fyfe wigg miles SANDY omeara roughy 11 out 7 of them good .I would look at that

Blaknight · 09/03/2017 at 14:02

Im hoping to have my Rd.13 rookies (Scharenberg, Wigg, Miles) traded by then to accommodate for my premo Rd.13 outs (Shaw, Laird, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Roughead). Im hoping to trade Sandilands and O'Meara up to a premo by then so it should be just the 5 which i think is about average.

Mike C · 09/03/2017 at 08:39

Hello community!
Need advice on my D4 and D5, already have Hampton at D6, and only have $400 left.
Thinking of going the 'safety' of two defenders who will get on the park, eg Marchbank and Keefe happen to cost 400 between them.
Any better ideas? Your expert opinions always welcome my team!!

22234 · 09/03/2017 at 10:27

Caddy or Gunston?

Travis · 09/03/2017 at 12:40

Any comments, worried carrying a few mids that are recovering from injuries.

DEF: Docherty, Shaw, Touhy Hartlett, Hampton, Vicker-Willis (A.Otten, T Stewart)

MID: Parker, Treloar, R.Gray, D Beams, M. Murphy, J O'Meara, D. Swallow, Horlin-Smith (SPP, Barrett, M.Hibberd)

R: Gawn, Sandli (L. Strnadica)

F: t Greene, C Rioli, j Caddy, J Roughead, Hrovat, A Black (D cameron, B Eddy)

neil demons delight · 09/03/2017 at 13:10

only 6 real premiums going to be hard and 13 midpricers its either a joke or you have big cohunas If its your real team good luck but too many injury prone players on fwd and mid lines that's my take anyway Cheers

Sam · 09/03/2017 at 14:13

Tell me aboot it

Blaknight · 09/03/2017 at 14:45

Bont, JPK or Hanners?

Matt · 10/03/2017 at 11:59

Love the work, i dont want to get greedy but are we going to get this for everyone who played in the JTL?

MrGrumpy · 12/03/2017 at 12:14

I feel some pain coming! With a lack of real rookie options I find more and more mid pricers entering my team…..

MrGrumpy · 12/03/2017 at 12:17