SuperCoach 2017 match report

Hope you brought your wellies for this one community!

The heavens well and truly opened tonight at Blacktown International (ha!) Sportspark for the first Battle of the Bridge for the year. It was scrappy at times as you’d expect, but it was a hot footy. Saw some signs from both teams that they’re well and truly blowing out the cobwebs as we hurtle towards round 1.

If we cast our minds back to GWS’ first game they rested most of their first choice team and still had no problems in disposing of the Eagles. Now we get a look at the big boys. Deledio and Hopper were the only big name omissions of note. Tim Mohr missed, but I hope you weren’t relying on him to hold down D4.

Sydney were coming off a tight loss to North in JLT1 and welcomed back everyone’s favourite Buddy, Lance Franklin. Heeney has the sniffles and was given the week off, leaving us only next week to assess whether the promised mid time will come or not. Jarrad McVeigh did his shoulder in the week and could be out for a month.

As for the result? We don’t care about that. Snuggle up community, I’ve got a nice warm bottle of SuperCoach goodness that will help you sleep. I’ll even burp you when we’re done.

GWS GIANTS

Heath Shaw | GWS | DEF | $576,500

It was piss raining and still Heater didn’t want to handball it. 19 of his 25 disposals were uncontested. Doesn’t answer our questions on how can he handle a tag. Rebounded 7 times

Lisa-Supercoach-chick

Stephen Coniglio | GWS | MID | $575,900

I’ll forgive a little in the wet but a d.e% of 39 and 5 clangers? Yikes. Didn’t look to be running with anyone but I’d be wary of it happening any given week.

Callan Ward | GWS | MID | $574,500

I love this bloke. Just goes about his business and steadily racks them up. Played most of the game (85). Jut can’t see him stepping up to uber premium status with the talented blokes around him.

Dylan Shiel | GWS | MID | $539,200

Seven clearances for the night, 6 of those were from stoppages around the ground though, of which there were many. Has had problems with his ceiling in the past. I think it will continue.

Shane Mumford | GWS | RUC | $536,300

I don’t want to fat shame the bloke because a) it’s not cool, and b) he could easily beat the snot out of me, but he looked like he’s been hitting the burgers over the off-season. Monstered Cameron and Sinclair in the ruck when he was up against them. Had a bit more trouble with Tippett. Need another look at him.

Ryan Griffen | GWS | MID | $511,000

Pretty sure he went off at quarter time because he was worried about his hair. Looked like a drowned rat for most of the night. The burns are still fresh. Don’t do it!

Toby Greene | GWS | FWD | $492,000

At half time I had to double check this bloke was playing. Pranced about in the second half and finished with 5 clangers. Pass

Zac Williams | GWS | DEF | $480,100

The community was pretty excited about this bloke, myself included. Just not doing himself any favours out there to break into those premium spots.

Josh Kelly | GWS | MID | $473,800

My knock on Kelly last week was is he able to replicate that 29 disposal, 151 point game performance from week 1 when the first team came back? 16 disposals to half time chucked that worry out the window. Kicked a SuperGoal. Sat out the second half unfortunately

Steven Johnson | GWS | FWD | $464,500

Didn’t do an awful lot to tonight. Conditions should have suited him. Far too pricy for your consideration.

Jonathon Patton | GWS | FWD | $349,000

Not a night for the big men. Went virtually unsighted for much of the night. When the camera did pan to him he had that look on your face you get when Ross Lyon has, one again, not named any rookies

Daniel Lloyd | GWS | MID | $117300

Smashed out a 115 from 10 touches and 8 tackles in JLT1. Played 30% of the game tonight and had 8 touches. Watch CD give him 80SC or something ridiculous. Not our midfield saviour, community.

Tim Taranto | GWS | MID | $207300

Kudos to the GWS medical team who pried the poor bastard out of the turf after Buddy absolutely steamrolled him (fairly) in the second. Backed up his 10 contested possessions JLT1 with 8 more tonight. Would be close to a lock if he played for the Blues. Can’t see him getting enough games.

Will Setterfield | GWS | MID | $193800

Was the dominate man in the first half against the Eagles in JLT1. If he was on your list cross him off community. Played half the game. Didn’t really notice him.

SYDNEY SWANS

Josh P. Kennedy | SYD | MID | $617,100

Just got off the blower with Jarrod Witts community. Gave me some stellar advice on how to deal with split webbing in your hand because I’d blown both out by half time. We all know he loves splashing around in puddles. Had 10 first quarter possessions and finished with 22. I’d take him over Hanners if you only want one Swan in the guts

Dan Hannebery | SYD | MID | $616,800

Luke Parker | SYD | MID | $608,900

Both played a supporting role to the JPK show tonight. Both had problems handling the wet footy

Lance Franklin | SYD | FWD | $514,600

Did Buddy things that only Buddy can do. Absolutely tore the game apart in the first quarter but didn’t continue his domination. Wouldn’t hold it against you if you picked him

Callum Mills | SYD | DEF | $420,000

Was majestic JLT1 with 29 touches and he continues to impress. Looked as if he had parked himself at the top of the arc and was directing traffic. 7 marks, 5 R50’s, and 13 intercept touches

JAKE LLOYD | SYD | DEF | 460,200

Taking the kick out duties, which is a plus. 92% d.e is ridiculous in this weather. Highest possession winner on the ground with 27. Probably D3 at that price; faces competition from Tuohy for mine.

Kurt Tippett | SYD | RUC | 479,200

Darcy Cameron | SYD | RUC | $117,300

Sam “falcon” Naismith | SYD | RUC | $378,800

Callum Sinclair | SYD | RUC/FWD | $346,500

All these blokes rolled through the ruck for Sydney tonight. Not a night for the big men but it looked one too many in my opinion. Tippett did a lot of the work. Cameron took a few contested grabs from limited game time.

Zak Jones | SYD | DEF | $307,000

Had 11 tackles in JLT1 but couldn’t back it up tonight, recording only 4. Is a casualty of Sydney’s mids giving a stuff this week.

Jordan Foote | SYD | MID | $182,800

Could have stayed home in bed with a hot water bottle and watched Austin Powers on GO!. Just 37% game time

Will Hayward | SYD | FWD | $121,800

Was touted as getting some midfield run early in the preseason. didn’t see much of him unfortunately. number touches in game time.

***LATE MAIL***

Some bloke called Melican snagged an 87SC  from 11 touches. Come on!

How did you see it community?

Kev

@SC_Kev7

YOU HAVE TO HAVE SNAPPED UP YOUR 2017 JOCK MAGAZINE BY NOW RIGHT? IF NOT REPENT. THEN BUY HERE

CoachKings

BIG COACHKINGS SUNDAY SESSION THIS WEEK! PLAY HERE

Damien · 03/03/2017 at 22:52

I didn't take much out of this game, especially after learning that Nic Newman was a late out.

Lewis Melican caught my eye in JLT1, caught my eye again tonight. Watching closely to see if he gets upgraded for round 1. Might have earned himself a bench spot.

JPK just doing JPK things.

Tom · 03/03/2017 at 22:53

Very impressed with josh kelly's performance does the 1%'s and and can run all day. Very good POD in the mids.

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 23:06

So was I, Tom. Filthy he sat out the second half. Another strong preseason game next week will make things tough

Dac Zawson · 03/03/2017 at 22:54

Been looking at Jake Lloyd for a month and a bit now, had a cracking run at the end of last season so still got him D3 at the moment.

On another note, wondering what people's defence and forward structures are looking like at the moment (number of rookies-mid-pricers-premos)

Tom · 03/03/2017 at 22:58

He has been impressive. averaged 85 last year and there is no hype around him and I can only see him in the low 90's for the year. But as a D3 is a very good choice.

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:15

Lloyd is a solid D3 but I prefer Mills, he might get more mid time than Heeney

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:22

Mills is the McVeigh replacement, now and for the future

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 13:32

Why was he so good in defence…. why

Luke · 03/03/2017 at 22:59

How many keepers should we have in our sides to start at a minimum ?

Dac Zawson · 03/03/2017 at 23:06

As a minimum I'd say 13-14 but 15 is ideal

Luke · 03/03/2017 at 23:11

Don't know how you are gonna find 15 certain keepers with the salary we are given,

Timbobaggins · 03/03/2017 at 23:15

Umm… good luck getting 15.

Dac Zawson · 03/03/2017 at 23:22

I've been messing around with teams and I'll admit that I was wrong saying 15, however 13-14 certainly isn't out of the equation, depends on structures of course

Top 100,000 player · 03/03/2017 at 23:26

You are absolute tool for saying 15. Dumber than your namesake by half x 4 – give yourself an uppercut and go elsewhere.

Ben · 04/03/2017 at 03:17

15 is easily doable! Probably 14 is better but obviously you are looking at very few mid prices and going a premium rookie set up. I love guns and rookies over rolling the dice on mid prices for mine but each to their own.

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 23:08

Aim for 12, Luke. The winner last year had 7!

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 23:12

Last years winner had 7?

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 23:29

Hedski, Yeah that would be pretty right, The Art of Trading is a very important factor.

Only seven of the original selections remained in The Giant Killers across the entire season.

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 13:33

But he started with 12

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 01:04

Yeah he did mate but used trades differently to what is considered to be normal.
          I would NEVER suggest less than 12 and last years winner traded out and back in again.
          Ending up with only seven of the Original 12 is quite a feat to win the comp.

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:17

At this stage I'm dreaming of all 30 of mine being keepers and winning the cash every week.
    I'll settle for 6 mids, 3 defenders, 4 forwards and a ruck

Luke · 03/03/2017 at 23:23

I don't like the forward options this year I'm only going with 2 and a mid price

wombatsfc · 04/03/2017 at 00:09

If you think that the midpricer is a keeper there's no problem with that Luke. Trades are limited and some of these blokes will break, even if they never have before. I try to limit my planned trades so I have a couple spare to jump sideways onto late season rockets

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 01:17

I'm doing the same Luke, I think the fwd line will be the most important this year.
          The lack of DPP options changes everything.
          I'm going with two keepers plus Rougie and a gamble.
          Hopefully one of either Roughie or the gamble becomes a keeper.

Finnius123 · 03/03/2017 at 23:26

I have 15 I think…. that is counting Omeara and Beams though

Luke · 03/03/2017 at 23:28

Wouldn't count them two as keepers

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 23:29

O'meara is one of your keepers?

Dac Zawson · 03/03/2017 at 23:45

Beams is a keeper IF he stays on the park because he can easily average top 10, however that is a huge IF

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 00:49

If there's an IF with capitals then they're not a keeper.

wombatsfc · 04/03/2017 at 00:12

Damn Finnius even Beams and O'meara don't expect themselves to last all year

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 00:33

Last two years I've gone with 3 def, 5 mids, 2 rucks and 3 fwds.
      But it's the trading that always counts.

The BONT · 04/03/2017 at 09:17

In sitting on 14 keepers

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 13:34

Is Strndica a Keeper?

Billy · 03/03/2017 at 23:00

Not sure how you missed Greene, Kingy wouldn't shut up about him!
Got write up though Kev, shithouse conditions wrecked the game tho so we didn't learn much unfortunately

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 23:15

Tobias was a bit grumpy there at the end Billy.
    There'll be lots of shitty conditions this winter, that'll sort them out.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 23:19

Yeah Tobias didn't appreciate that smack in the chops

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 23:54

From his team mate!

MorrowSC · 03/03/2017 at 23:05

Locked in JPK after this, besides from that didn't get much! Gonna whack up my V4 for some thoughts!

DEFENCE:
Shaw, Rance, Laird, Hampton, Vicker-Willis, Stewart (Otten, Guthrie).

MIDFIELD:
JPK, Jelwood, Treloar, Sloane, Fyfe, Beams, O'Meara, Brodie (SPP, Barret, Wigg)

RUCK:
Gawn, Goldy (Cameron)

FWD:
Dahlahus, Caddy, Roughy, Galluci, Black, Strnadica (Butler, Eddy)

And yes,.. No Danger, early upgrade to him R8 when Brodie as his buy and then pushes O'Meara to M8 as my first trade… talk about a loaded mid. $100k is $100k. My boys will produce enough points without him.
Rucks lock and load and throw away the key, thoughts?

GreyBradman · 04/03/2017 at 08:38

Backline solid and not dissimilar to many with 305 structure
    Brave call with Danger – will his price drop? Probably. Beams and O'Meara could generate a heap of cash.
    Not sold on Goldy this year – lone wolf rucks for mine.
    My question all pre-season has been Caddy or Macrae. No closer to answering it!
    How much cash left? Good luck

MorrowSC · 04/03/2017 at 18:04

Backline is sold.

Yeah… brave call, just trying to find the extra coin to get the right rookies in + enough in case I need to do some early trades.

Reckon everyone's jumping off Goldy too easy… he's still their best ruckmen and will dominate even more with the new rule.

Caddy doesn't have the R11 bye so that's my answer too it! Upgrade to Macrae after that.

$90k in the kitty mate!

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 23:06

Kev your starting to be my favourite scribe, give up ya day job mate!
Big Mummy loves the snags mate tho he's up for a Burger or ten (won't pick him).
JKel at $473k could be a very good selection over Beams/Smurph, glut of insiders at GWS but they're all dishing it out to him..
JPK over Hannas/Parker.

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 23:17

Thanks very much, hedski!

Jeez we're taking enough risks with mids at the moment with Beams, JOM, Swallow etc. Is there a place for JKelly?

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 23:49

Won't have Beams/Smurph Kev.
      Probably not Kel either, just throwing him out as an option over those two for an extra $40k, I'm keeping an open mind atm.
      Also like Tuohy over Lloyd.
      Check this.

Doc Shaw RobDog (Newman)
      Cocaisle Hampton Stewart (Guthrie)

Danger Pendles Hannas (Myers)
      Fyfe Adams Hrovat (Brown)
      Scooter McGrath (Maynard)

Nank Preuss (Serious Penii)

Roo JJK Macrae (Taranto)
      Roughy Boyd Black (Begely)

I'm not changing that for a while, sick of looking at my team.
      That was "intelligent auto pick".
      Sad thing is its starting to look OK.

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 00:37

And that Hedski, is what makes you such a valued member of the community.
        Nank Preus (Serious Penii) is gold.

Kev · 04/03/2017 at 09:24

Might have snuck Beams into my side, hedski. Out of the LTI returnees I like him the best. Under no illusions that he'll last the year but I'll ride him until he breaks.

hedski · 04/03/2017 at 09:45

He did look good Kev, I have Rocky, Fyfe, JOM and Swallow in atm (obviously not ai-picked side above) and that's way risky already I think.

wighty · 04/03/2017 at 10:10

cant see how Lions coluld make him capt if they thought he wasnt ready to fire….lock for me.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 23:07

Best part of that game was:

Welcome to the big boys Tim. The buddy steam roller is coming through. The silverback was in full force.
Pity Tarranto was picked up by GWS, would be a walk up rd 1 starter in most other teams
Unfortunately will play magoos for most of the year, SOS might come a knocking at season end

didn't it p1ss down! Torrential. Cudos to those who turned up there wasn't many but they are the real heros.

Is there anyone who loves the slop more than JPK?? Was in his element. Was liked the pied piper follow me boys …

don't kid yourself either even though it was only JLT GWS will still be smarting after getting knocked off by the boys from accross town, no love lost there.

Just Ray · 04/03/2017 at 09:24

Really???!!!….. Silverback??!!…..Are you Eddie Maguire MK2

TRIGGER HAPPY · 04/03/2017 at 13:19

If u read my pre season review on buddy you would get the reference

Get all the facts bud before taking potshots from the stands

just · 04/03/2017 at 15:03

Cowardly and
        gutless

c

Just Ray · 04/03/2017 at 15:10

Under no circumstance is it appropriate to make racist references junior

TRIGGER HAPPY · 04/03/2017 at 15:25

That's right it is not.
            No one has made a racial comment??
            If you read my review on buddy I said he has the grace of a gazelle coupled with the aggression of a silverback.
            It was that aggression that was on show early when he nailed Tarranto.
            That is what I was referring to
            Nothing racial just a guy playing with aggression.
            geez

Just Ray · 04/03/2017 at 15:36

Read above reply, under no circumstance! could've chose any other adjective but you went there. As for racial, may not be to you, but to others it is….your reference decribed Buddy's aggression as that of a silverback…note buddys aggression ie one of buddy,s characteristics-silverback….live and learn

Hart_attack · 04/03/2017 at 15:47

Grow up

TRIGGER HAPPY · 04/03/2017 at 15:49

Maybe to you but that is about it.

Jack Stevens is playing with the aggression of as silverback at the moment.

Some people way to precious

Just Ray · 04/03/2017 at 16:44

Stay ignorant junior

BlakeyP · 04/03/2017 at 16:48

Just Ray stop trying to make something out of nothing. You and people like you are the current problem in this world. Go to facebook and have your rants no one cares here

G · 03/03/2017 at 23:10

I've been excited by some of the breakout contenders in the guts this year,a and J Kelly is right up there with the best of them. I posed a team to the legends on twitter this week with a midfield of Danger, Cripps, Fyfe, Crouch, Kelly, Oliver, JOM and Swallow, and while I will probably not end up running with it come round one what I have seen tonight has done nothing to convince me against Kelly at least

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:24

Yep he's better than Treloar

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 23:32

Better than treloar? Treloar is a proven top8 mid and Kelly is a break out contender not sure if there a comparision.

wombatsfc · 04/03/2017 at 00:15

Dead easy comparisson Seb it's called historical progression. I also reckon Cripps is better than Cotchin and Mitchell even though they each have a brownlow

Seb · 04/03/2017 at 08:00

Okay fair point, thought you meant at the current moment Kelly is better than treloar

Lethal · 04/03/2017 at 10:24

Better than mitchell? How many flags has Crippa been instrumental in? Seriously..

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:11

Nice read Kev but you're a bit harsh on Toby. He had it 21 times with 15 kicks (in the fwd half) and his 6 marks was twice as many as buddy and 2nd most on the night behind Lloyds 7, his DE% was also better than JPK who only had it 22 times with 13 handballs. 45% DE with a 9:13 KtoH ratio is a lot worse than 47.6 DE with a 15:6 KtoH ratio. Taking into account that flippers would've been better than footy boots and he still looks a valid option at F3 he's more accurate by foot than JPK is by hand based on tonites performance

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:33

JPK 84 Toby 82. If you're locking JPK because of tonite and scrapping Toby for the same reason I've got an excellent condition 1995 Camry with only 20,000kms on the clock that you can have for the bargain price of $60,000

Dice · 03/03/2017 at 23:35

I'm getting a headache from those stats

AMAC · 03/03/2017 at 23:42

Agree

Kev · 04/03/2017 at 09:33

He's all yours, wombats. Stats side by side like that, fair enough, perhaps I was harsh.

More than happy to revisit the JPK v Greene debate at the end of the year to see who had the higher average

wighty · 04/03/2017 at 10:13

better way to compare would be points per dollar at start of the year.

Drumpf · 03/03/2017 at 23:14

Excellent write-up, Kev. Quite amusing too! Now got me thinking that having both Hannebery AND JPK is pushing the envelope, just torn which one to cull??
Darcy Cameron any chance round 1?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 23:18

Took a couple of nice grabs tonight and got around the ground well
    Another good performance and he might just move up the tree and next in the pecking order behind slamming Sam.

Top 100,000 player · 03/03/2017 at 23:33

No chance I don't feel with Tippet and Naismith sharing the ruck duties and now that Sam Reid is 'back' (usually barely sighted and seems to have slotted back into that role) ,its hard to see the Swans searching for extra height up Forward unless Buddy roams the wing and half forward most of his time… If a big man goes down though he would be in front of Sinclair, who is not looking up to the grade, and has terrible hands in the marking contests. Without an injury its hard to see Darcy playing more than 2-3 games all year sadly.

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 23:29

Didn't mind him, Drumpf. As I said, not a night for the big guys. If he's not named next week maybe start to move on.

Hanners is fine. Just warming up.

Holty · 03/03/2017 at 23:40

Cameron looks the goods but will be tough to break into that sydney side. As for Hannes and JPK, if you want both, take both. They are both top 10 mids.
    Plus sydney had 3 of the top 7 sc mids last year so dont read to much into having to many from 1 team

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 11:07

I think it's a case of eeny meeny miny moe when it comes to the Swans gun mids. You could throw Parks in there too as he's played both JLT games and owned by just 6% of coaches.

I have one of each in each of my 3 fantasy sides with a slight preference for JPK in SC which is the format he has traditionally excelled at the most, versus the DT scoring system although he did very well there last season too.

Now that Sinclair and (in particular) Naismith are in the frame we may not see Cameron until mid season unless he can press for a forward spot in JLT3 which seems unlikely especially with Reid back up and running.

THE NANK · 03/03/2017 at 23:28

Leigh and Riewoldt or Heater/Simpson and Macrae

Holty · 03/03/2017 at 23:41

Dont think it matters. By season end they should all be keepers

wombatsfc · 03/03/2017 at 23:34

Barron must be on the job with the Baroness

SWANS

Matt Buntine 33

Jonathon Patton 33

Daniel Lloyd 10

Clokey · 03/03/2017 at 23:36

Taranto got 40pts for being able to walk off after meeting buddy

AMAC · 03/03/2017 at 23:38

Kev, mate wtf, Toby Greene was a star! Are you foxing. AA, BnF, 23, looked great, nearly BOG! Average write-up. Late mail Melican? were you even watching the game? Agree with a lot of your other thoughts. Callum Mills is a star. Kudos to Derek. D. Cameron looked very good and may well be a great fwd bench filler.

Kev · 04/03/2017 at 09:51

87% game time, only showed up for the 3rd, AMAC. BOG? Not even close. Hung around on the outside of packs and butchered it. Being AA and BnF won't get you SC points.

Fair go on, Melican. CD special. 11 touches at 54% worth 87? Rookie listed defender if you're interested.

Holty · 03/03/2017 at 23:49

Wow Kelly with 87 and only played half a game. I should really stop watching jlt games because everytime i think my team is sorted, you get a performance like this and you start all over again

What's a Ftumch? · 03/03/2017 at 23:52

Hi there community, been following the boards for the last year or so but this is my 1st comment, just thought I'd put my team out there as well and let you tear it all to shreds…suffered the ignominy of losing to my 8 year old son last year in the prelim…at least he went on to win our comp!

DEF: Doc, Adams, Laird, Mills, Hampton, Vickers-Willis, Stewart, J Smith

MID: Danger, Treloar, Zorko, Bont, Fyfe, Josh Kelly, O'Meara, SPP, Wigg, Miles, Hibbert

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi, Strnadica

FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Roughy, A.Black, Begley, Eddy, D.Cameron, T.Smith

$9,100 in the bank

Obvious question marks (to me at least) are: Sandi, Mills, Josh Kelly, Hampton, O'Meara (either because of injury history or mid-price madness on my part), but since I've chopped and changed almost every few days depending on JLT form and injury then obviously the above isn't set in stone…anyway, if anyone has a suggestion or comment, please feel free…Cheers!

hedski · 04/03/2017 at 00:20

Going strong in def Ft, Adams is risky IMO.
    Like the couple of pods in the mids.
    Not going near Sandiballs but each to his own.
    Haven't heard much from T.Smith lately, need a bit of wriggle room with $9k left.
    Cheers

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 00:47

That's a nice team Ftumch. I won't be going to D4 with my team but I get why you might.
    JOM is too risky for mine, I'd downgrade him and upgrade Kelly but that's only 'cos I prefer a GnR team.
    And like Hedski said, a bit more cash in reserve is good.
    Good luck mate.

WhatsaFtumch · 04/03/2017 at 01:31

Thanks Ranger (& Hedski) – hear what you're saying re D4…had Tuohy there after 1st week JLT…actually liked the look of him last year but don't think he had the opportunities to get off the leash at the Blues with Doc and Simpson in the same team…think the "Enright" role may be his at the Cattery but does he have the class? They're big boots to fill. For what it's worth, have a feeling Kelly and Mills/Tuohy could be in for a big (breakout) year…yeah, I know, famous last words! Anyway, thanks for your input, have a feeling there will be a few changes to my team in the weeks ahead…good luck to you too!

RobDog · 04/03/2017 at 03:51

Nice team apart from the bye structure. You'll get savaged Rd's 11 & 13

Chad Wingard · 04/03/2017 at 06:36

I'd dump one of your defenders ( more rookie options available down there, for one more forward. Say a Mills to a Heeney if you want a direct example. You'll have you're preferred option though.

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 10:55

Like Mills to The Chad perhaps…

I agree with your suggestion btw. Seemingly plenty of decent DEF rookies this season so coaches may as well take advantage of that.

WhatsaFtumch · 04/03/2017 at 11:37

Yeah, that's my other option for sure, just haven't seen enough from the other premium forwards to get another one in…wanted to get Roo but I can't afford him just by getting rid of Mills, unless I get rid of Roughy…I'm thinking of Roughy as a fallen premium I suppose, but it's a risk and he may not reach his previous heights…oh well, thanks for the input (you too Chad – not sure I could put you in my team though!)

TheBlindSpider · 04/03/2017 at 00:51

G'day guys,
New to the community and first post. I've been a regular on another SC site for a number of years and was highly aroused when I stumbled across this site. Where have u been all my life Jock? Love your work and have purchased the mag…
I wasn't sure if there was a RMT thread here, so not sure where to post sorry. Would love some feedback on the team.
Like many, I’m still tinkering with some different structures. Have settled on this for now. Please feel free to take it apart! Cheers

Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Hampton, Scharenberg Stewart (EVW, Newman)
Danger, Pendles, JPK, Selwood, Fyfe, Beams, O’Meara, SPP (Wigg, Barrett, Pickett)
Gawn, Sandi (Pruess)
NRiewoldt, Dahl, Roughy, Hoskin-Elliot, Black, Miles (Strnadica, Eddy)
$300 left

The Ranger · 04/03/2017 at 00:55

It's not set in stone but it's good to have 20-50k left over for corrective trades in the first three rounds.
    You need to get the on the right rookies early or it's games over.

TheBlindSpider · 04/03/2017 at 12:36

Cheers mate,
      Have been changing between Riewoldt and Gunston, so that could be an easy way to free a little bit of cash up. Scharenberg could make way for a cheaper rookie too. Appreciate the feedback

Northerner · 04/03/2017 at 00:51

I saw the "draft" game in GF week last year and was impressed by Taranto. Thought he had most upside in future uber status from that game. The way the kid played tonight in those conditions was more impressive. He looked cleaner than almost all. He's on my seriously consider list in FWD line. I think he's a real chance to pick up a spot in the mid rotation.

Awkward price but could be v solid point scorer on field if he gets that spot.

Getting a man crush on Callum Mills. He reads it so well, is so composed and never shirks a contest. 300+ game player we are looking at IMO.

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 13:43

Had Mills in team 2 months ago, hasn't looked like budging from D3

Did say last week I hoped McVeigh doesn't get injured so Mills will be free to get midfield time.

NATHAN · 04/03/2017 at 03:50

HEY FOLKS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU MAKE OF MY TEAM BACK LINE R.LAIRD B.VINCE Z.TUGHY OR C.MILLS J.MARTIN C.HAMPTON A.OTTEN T.STEWART Z.GUTHRIE MIDFIELD P.DANGERFIELD A.TRELOAR J.KELLY D.BEAMS B.FIORNI SPP J.BARRETT H.WIGG T.MILAS M.HIBBERD J.PICKETT RUCKS GAWN GOLDY MATTHEW EAGLES FORWARDS N.RIEWOLDT J.KENNEDY L.DALHOUSE L.FRANKLIN T.LYNCH FROM GOLD COAST SUNS AARON BLACK BEN LONG EDDY

Rick Grimes · 04/03/2017 at 04:23

That's a very different structure to most. Too light in the middle, for mine. I'd lose one of Lynch, Kennedy or Roo and get another mid premo, at least. I'd also lose Martin in def and go a JOM or similar. Not sure the mid rookie crop is strong enough to have 4 on field.

Northernsoul74 · 04/03/2017 at 07:09

My eyes my eyes.

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 10:26

Don't you mean your ears your ears ha ha?!

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 07:48

Stella as always Kev. Was really hoping to get another look at Newman. Bugger you horse. Taranto geez, any other team & throw away the key. Josh Kelly, don't care if he scores 200 next game. Won't be a top 15 mid. Too many better options. Like Darcy Cameron, hope he gets a crack, he's better than Tippett & much cheaper on pay role

Captain Awesome · 04/03/2017 at 08:27

Nice write up Kev. I'm still sitting fat with Hanners over JPK. No reason just a gut feel. Loved the buddy steamroller on the newbie, imagine how many weeks a soccer player would lay on the ground after that ha ha. Any one know if there is or will be a Jock Reynolds group?

The BONT · 04/03/2017 at 09:23

I really want to get in Mills but i don't know what to do. Depending on how Adams goes tonight if he does well do i get rid of him for Mills or not because Mill is looking like a top 10 defender and getting 29 touches last night in the wet looks promising.

Doc, Adams, Laird, Hampton, V W, Newman (Ryan, Stuart)

$7,800 left over

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 09:39

Picked Lonegran last year after his tear away preseason & move to the midfield. And boy oh boy what a lesson that was. I smell a trap

Rivo · 04/03/2017 at 09:54

I have a similar issue BONT. However I'm going with Doc, Shaw, & Laird as my premo defenders. Adams will produce good scores but think those 3 are safer. As for Mills, a gun for sure – can't squeeze him in yet. Upgrade target for me.

The BONT · 04/03/2017 at 10:36

It depends how well Adams does in JLT3

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 10:40

FWIW it was actually 20 touches last night in the wet and 29 back in JLT1.

I'm definitely warming to Mills as a selection. Can't squeeze him into my own side as running skinny in defence but he's been everywhere in the Swans first two JLT games taking intercept marks with poise beyond his years, rebounding out of defence and setting up play through the midfield.

But can he really press a top 10 defender case with all these 100 plus guys seemingly running around in DEF this season? I still feel he may come up a little short in that respect but I guess many were saying the same exact thing about Doch this time last season.

Always difficult to predict which guy will take his game to the next level. I'm already doing that with Heeney which is probably one breakout contender too many, so no room in Addicts for Mills as much as I may be tempted.

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 11:22

Come on SCA Heeney to Taranto & bank the 200+k! Haha

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 11:33

Only in your wildest Tinder fuelled dreams Pieman. Just not going to happen in my reality though. Young Isaac is going to tear INP Arbitrage a new one!

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 11:50

I'd say let's have a wager on that one but I think got enough going already lol looks like Buddy might eat into young Isaacs mid time

Danners · 04/03/2017 at 09:35

Nice write up Kev. Wasn't able to watch the game but liking the look of Kelly and Taranto just looking at there stats. Kelly could be that cheap breakout contender for anyone looking for a POD. I can't fit him in though. Not a lot to come from the game other than that

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 11:19

If Kelly was available on another line he'd be a juicy pick. But I can't find a spot for him ether in the mids

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 11:36

Yep when you've already got sweet low hanging fruit like Beams, Swallow and JOM just waiting to be picked off, there is little point climbing further up the tree.

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 12:01

Aren't we all suckers for value

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 12:08

Well if you want to keep up with the Jones's these are the sorts of uninspired choices you likely have to make. If those 3 lads go on to have great seasons, as we know they can, and you don't have 2-3 of them then you are already a couple steps off the pace.

You almost have to hope they get injured again or you could find yourself in a spot of bother in both leagues and ranks if you ignore that sort of value.

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 13:05

Completely agree. But you must expect to have to get rid of them. If one is a keeper that's a bonus

Rivo · 04/03/2017 at 09:49

Great work Kev.
I liked the look of Taranto. If I was to grab an expensive rookie with DPP, it's down to this guy and McBaggs. They will both be very good, though Taranto will struggle with that list being so strong.

INPieman · 04/03/2017 at 10:58

He does Rooster. But how often does a second season player break out to a top 8. In a game of odds I'm betting against it

SCaddict · 04/03/2017 at 11:21

A slight little error I noticed Kev. Lloyd's efficiency was only 56%. It was his TOG% that was 92% otherwise he would've easily scored a massive SC ton if his DE was 92% for 27 touches including 19 kicks!

However you slice it he could be a solid option in defence although perhaps a little better suited to the DT formats rather than SC.

Cr0magn0n · 04/03/2017 at 12:52

Does anyone have the good oil on why Nic Newman didn't play?

Rivo · 04/03/2017 at 13:01

G'day Cromagnon. Just being rested as they rotate others in similar roles. Likely started for round 1.

Aaron · 04/03/2017 at 13:23

Nice work Kev, didn't take much out of this game, currently have Hannebery over JPK at M3 but geez JPK looked good.
Will be going back and forwards between those two all pre season.

Unrelated but what are people's thoughts on Bernie Vince? If he plays that role he's been playing so far this JLT series as a sweeping defender I can see him easily fitting at D6 come seasons end. Currently have him at D3 behind Shaw and Laird,

gator59 · 04/03/2017 at 13:36

Omg i have changed my side that many times i feel like Wylie Coyote trying to catch Road Runner(Beep Beep)

I have gone back to the (ACME) drawing board and hopefully i have structuerd a team with G'N'RS

Backs Doch Shaw Laird Hampton EVW McInness ( Newman Stewart )

Mids Danger Pendles Hanners Trealor Cripps Fyfe Beams SPP ( Barrett Pickett Hibberd )

Rucks Grundy Sandi ( The Dick )

Fwds Dahl Wingard Roughie Gallucci Black Miles ( Cameron Eddy )

Thoughts please community.. Cheers

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 13:54

I didn't see game but ready all the reports and comments. Seems like it was a perfect night for ducks and JPK's.

The numbers say that JPK starts slow and finishes season strong, I'm sure it has a lot to do with the weather. Early on it's hard and fast, as winter comes the grounds get heavier.

With all the talk how well HPK played. They ended with same SC score!

Tommo09 · 04/03/2017 at 16:09

J.Steele looks good!

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 16:17

Any rookie relevance?
    How is Pickett playing?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 04/03/2017 at 16:28

Like a small forward 7 possies

Rice half a game for 9 possies Marchbank 17 5 marks lots of ball will be seen in the blues back half.

billings another great game played on a wing/mids

Boy take top 6 out of the blues and she is a shambles. Lived up to their name today.
      Saints run riot call me Bruce bagged 5.

Shake n bake · 04/03/2017 at 16:27

Does anybody have the doctor supercoach page on FB? I posted my score from last yr to get a chance to play in one of there leagues. Came up on FB ytday l made the league did anybody else enter or get in?

Supermario · 04/03/2017 at 21:11

DEF- Adams,Laird,Lloyd,mills, Hampton,otten (EVW & Stewart

MIDS- Danger, fyfe, t.mitchell, Steven, shiel, beams SPP Barrett ( Brodie, wigg, hibberd)

RUCKS- goldy and sandy (preuss)

FWDS- Dahlhaus, macrae, heeney, billings, mccluggage, black ( butler & eddy )

Thoughts, changes?

Obviously not locked in yet.

The BONT · 04/03/2017 at 21:39