SuperCoach JLT Report Dogs v LionsThe premiers took on the wooden spoon favourites tonight at Etihad Stadium to open week 3 of the JLT community series.

As you’d expect, the wooden spoon favourites were much better and won by 8 points.

Both fans who made the trip to Etihad would have left underwhelmed by the skill level and general intensity of the encounter.

It wasn’t a great watch on TV either. No atmosphere – and Dermott Brereton was commentating.

But as Jock once famously said, “When it’s your turn to go, you go” so I subjected myself to a couple of hours of this game for our community.

Notable absentees:

DOGS: Murphy, Bontempelli, M.Boyd, Dahlhaus, Hunter, Campbell, Biggs, Dickson, Daniel, Johanisen

LIONS: Christensen, Schache

DOGS

If we’re honest there was stuff all relevance to take from this game from the Dogs given the amount of senior players missing. Here’s how the ones that did play performed.

Jackson Macrae | MID/FWD | $511,700

He probably played down to the level of the players around him. It wasn’t his best game by any stretch, but that shouldn’t affect your thinking about him for the year.

Tom Boyd | RUC/FWD | 290,300

I guess I better include him because some people have been considering him but I assume he’s played his way out of those sides in the JLT series. You might consider him if he played as the No.1 ruck with Roughead out, but he didn’t today so he won’t. Scratch him.

Patrick Lipinski | MID/FWD | $117,300

Wasn’t sighted early so is clearly a long way down the pecking order. He was described as a ‘raw talent’ coming out of the draft and that assessment looked on the money. He will take time and won’t be needed in 2017.

Kieran Collins | DEF | $123,900

I thought this bloke would emerge as a defensive rookie option this year, but it looks as though I was wrong. Collins looks as though he’s actually behind where he was this time last year. Looked off the pace. He wont be seen for a little while at AFL level.

Tim English | RUC | $130,800

Started at the centre bounce in the absence of Jordan Roughead through injury and Tom Campbell. Got himself around the ball a fair bit and moved quite well, but is three years and 15 kilos away from making an impact. ‘Johnny’ will only feature at senior level in case of an emergency.

NEW ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET HERE

(just add Jake Barrett to it in your cortex and she’ll be right)

LIONS

There was plenty more to take out of the game from Brisbane’s perspective. You can see the Hawthorn imprint Chris Fagan was appoimted to take up north in the way they go about things. I mean, if you squint. And it’s a dark night. But nonetheless it was a strong team and we got a pretty good idea about who will be playing what roles when the real thing starts.

Hugh McCluggage | MID/FWD | $202,800

He looked like a first year player tonight, which doesn’t bode well for his prospects at his inflated price. You’d need consistency from him to get a return on your investment and that might be asking a bit much of him in this side at this stage of his career.

Dayne Beams | MID | $432,500

The skipper looked very good. We didn’t really learn anything new about Beams tonight. When he plays he will score prolifically, its just a matter of how many games you think you’ll get out of him. At that price point I think he has to be a keeper and I won’t pick a keeper with recurring knee injuries. He won’t have played his way out of any teams he was in though that’s for sure.

Daniel Rich | MID | $466,100

Serious breakout contender this bloke. He looked very good moving through the guts tonight, winning his own ball as well as getting on the end of some good work by team mates. Reports out of Brisbane are that he’s torn up the track as a full time midfielder and has been running PBs all summer. Obviously I’m joking. Don’t select this bloke under any circumstances.

Stefan Martin | RUC | $488,000

He shared duties with Archie Smith, as he did in JLT 1 and the end of last season. This is very concerning. I was having a look at Brisbane’s list to work out there absentees and I don’t see a player capable of playing that second ruck role. The Lions might be going in with two specialists in Martin and Smith, which is bad news for those hoping Martin could recapture his 2015 form. Brisbane’s head of footy David Noble mentioned Martin possibly being used as an extra defender in certain situations throughout the year, so take from that what you will.

Dayne Zorko | MID | $593,000

We wont see a lot of the Great Dayne in starting sides this year due to his MID only eligibility and starting price, but if youre looking for a midfield POD you could do a lot worse. He is just about the full package as a SuperCoach midfielder; he wins his own ball, tackles like a madma, kicks goals and is durable. Don’t dismiss him from your cerebral cortexes.

Tom Rockliff | MID | $603,900

Eh. Wasn’t as impressive as Beams, Zorko or even Bewick in the middle for Brisbane. He spent more time than I’d like up forward as one of his owners. I don’t want to read too much into a lacklustre preseason game but I wasn’t as happy as I might have been.

Jake Barrett | MID | $127,900

We’ve found ourselves another midfield rookie at last! Barrett couldn’t get a look in at GWS but will likely get opportunities at Brisbane. He started up forward and bagged the first sausage of the game while he also spent time in the middle. Got plenty of it before tailing off a bit at the end of the game but looks like he has a foot in the door for a Round 1 spot. Locked in for me.

That was my take on the action community, what was yours?

Let me know if I missed anyone you have your eye on, as hopefully I’m sure you had better things to do than watch this on your Thursday night (unless you were playing CoachKings of course!)

Billy Higgins

Eric_the_Red · 02/03/2017 at 22:21

Two of Zorko, Bont, Shuey and Tom Mitchell? After tonight, surely Zorko. Thoughts?

Northernsoul74 · 02/03/2017 at 22:25

Take a look at the midfield he was playing against before you get too excited.

SCaddict · 02/03/2017 at 22:48

Agree NS74 and we shouldn't really be swayed too much on how proven ultra premos go in the preseason, either good or bad, unless they are returning from serious injury and we need to get a gauge on their physical fitness.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for having a punt on Zorko even before tonight. Doesn't need to increase that average much to be a top 10 mid, although I have other selections I'd rather go with myself. So would be quite happy if some coaches jump off guys like Rocky or the Swans mids and on to Zorko. 🙂

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 00:56

Addict, Spot on mate we can only use it to gauge their physical fitness and as much as I like ZORKO he is mid only this year which takes away from his likeability for mine. Midfield is very open as to who the top six will be with all of the young blokes coming on.
        Yeah don't touch Rocky on the back of one game, ha hahaha

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 01:17

Yep Rocky is just trying to throw a few of the less savvy off the scent. Once the real stuff starts I have no doubt the fantasy beast will re-emerge!

Well done on your CoachKings placing tonight.

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 01:44

Thanks mate, Calculated risk but should have gone to second level instead of playing safe.
            I have to feel for Nuts so to speak. (haha)
            I think I pipped him on the line for 6th.

Youngster · 03/03/2017 at 07:47

OldOcker, this is off topic but just wanted to say a huge thanks for your spreadsheet. It's a serious piece of work and one of the best gifts offered up on this site. I've been using it like crazy. Thank you.

OldOcker · 06/03/2017 at 00:43

NOT a problem mate I just hope it helps you in 2017.
                Thank you for your kind words.
                You have just been invited to a league of Ocker's if you would like to join.
                Just a few mates and you are welcome. 128613 "The Masterminds"
                Cheers.

Jordan · 02/03/2017 at 22:26

Zorko and
    Bont- if u don't have both mcrae and dalhause
    shuey- if ur lacking pods
    Tom Mitchell- if u think he can become a top ten mid

Billy · 02/03/2017 at 22:28

34 possies, 23 kicks, 12 tackles and a sausage. 170 SC points. You might be on a winner there Eric

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 01:48

Don't forget who was missing from the Dogs team and how much different the game could have been with those added players.
      JLT Series is a practice game and could NEVER be compared to the Real Thing.
      Game 3 will be a bit more serious but do not judge on early JLT Games.

Leeds17 · 02/03/2017 at 22:58

Have him in the same boat as Gray, think he can be around that 110 mark and that's not a bad pick from the start

Cooper · 03/03/2017 at 06:51

Zorko and tictch, Bulldogs have too many midfielders rotating through the middle Bont will float up forward alot and shuey will be good but Tom Mitchell will be better

Danners · 03/03/2017 at 16:45

Seems like you've been following the train Eric. Do your own research on Zorko on his past results. If you feel this will the norm for him this season go right ahead. Research Eric research

Hawks · 02/03/2017 at 22:24

Great write-up.

Anthony · 02/03/2017 at 22:26

Dogs didnt give a stuff tonight, half the team out dismiss everything.
Zorko is a machine, Beams will avg 110 if hes fit and rocky will suffer from beams being there.
Harris Andrews looks a good player, and if barrett is named rd1 hes a lock

PaddytheMelon · 02/03/2017 at 22:26

Zorko is a lock for me, has been for a while. What are your thoughts on Aaron Hall this year?

Brandon · 02/03/2017 at 22:26

Barrett locked away priory to commencement of the JLT. Christensen being injured allows him to be upgraded! Rookie depth is beginning to emerge

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 14:06

what about when Berry is fit? will Barrett miss out

wombatsfc · 02/03/2017 at 22:29

Good to see that nuthin changes in Brisbane with regard to preseason footy. Bewick a star looking to break out, highly touted rookie getting lost, ruck roles in question, Rocky causing concern and Zorko ripping it up. You didn't need to watch it Billy you could have just copied and pasted the reviews from 2014,15,16

DAS · 02/03/2017 at 22:31

Martin: 31 hitouts, 1 to advantage. Yuk

The Stiv · 02/03/2017 at 22:38

Almost puked my guts out reading your comments on Daniel Rich. Cheers for that. Good write up though mate. At half time I threw Jakey Baz onto my midfield bench.

undypuncher · 03/03/2017 at 07:56

yeah nice write up. i was like rich really ? surely not! oh no, you got me haha nice one !

Billy · 03/03/2017 at 09:44

If Higgo is considering Higgins I thought Rich might be a good option too.
      Word out of Carlton in Daisy Thomas is the fittest he's been in years!

BarronVonCrow · 02/03/2017 at 22:38

Stefan Martin 40
Claye Beams 32
Archie Smith 32
Matthew Hammelmann 19
Jacob Allison 17

Kev · 02/03/2017 at 22:39

Well done, Billy. Tough game to cover when one side doesn't really show up.

I thought Dunkley looked okay. Hard to get a read on him with so many dogs out. Another sub 400k dpp forward

Tony · 02/03/2017 at 22:43

I thought it was a good game to watch. Lions finally showing some nouse and backing themselves.

Billy · 03/03/2017 at 09:45

I'm a doggies man Tony so it wasn't great for me! Brisbane did look good but we have to take into account the opposition

bUCKET__ · 02/03/2017 at 22:44

I shouldn't be drinking this much this far from the weekend, but seeing Martin run around like a headless chook tonight brought back too many memories of my 2016 season. As if the game wasn't bad enough on its own!

budgie63 · 03/03/2017 at 08:32

Funnily enough, the report on the AFL site named Martin first in their best players!!!

Shake n bake · 02/03/2017 at 22:59

Beams 64% tog 105 pts still has another gear!!

SCaddict · 02/03/2017 at 23:32

He's back baby! Although the captain announcement earlier in the week was a fairly good indicator I reckon that at least the Lions believe he's in store for a huge year.

So hopefully that body can hold together for 20 plus games as plenty of coaches across the country will be locking in that value tonight.

Stirlsy · 03/03/2017 at 00:14

They said the knee would need to be managed the whole year.

Steve · 03/03/2017 at 00:53

Not sure I'd believe that mate. Played the same game time as Rocky so doesn't sound like they're overly worried about the knee. Still I suppose the people who don't want to put him in their team will look for any scraps to justify their decision. The way I see it if he plays in the opening round you would be batshit crazy to leave out a guy who has shown the ability to be an elite scorer for the price of 2 minute noodles.

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 01:38

Dayne Beams said himself that he would miss JLT1 AND would play JLT 2&3 so if that turns out to be the case I will certainly be putting him in my team.
      IF the player himself tells you he has confidence in his body and comes out and shows it. I will lock him in but until I see his word come to fruition I Will remain calm and leave him out. (JUST FOR NOW) I think he MAY be back which will hurt Rocky scores.

Dice · 03/03/2017 at 15:15

Were do you find the TOG stats??

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 15:49

Lots of places but perhaps the most straight forward is on the AFL website for each game's Match Centre under advanced stats, 2nd column from the right. FanFooty and other sites have them too.

Dice · 03/03/2017 at 16:12

On ya SCaddict, pricks at work have banned most sites

Blackie White · 02/03/2017 at 23:35

The pace and intensity of this game has inflated Lions scores, and taken with how Beams faded after half time, I'd still be very concerned with his start to year after missing so much footy.
You may pay more for him later, but at a lot lower risk, with higher scoring and a better idea of how the body is holding up.
And at $430k, a very awkward price.
I'd say the same about O'Meara's preseason form, except he's $110k cheaper.
I'm hoping Barrett saves me from both.

Steve · 03/03/2017 at 01:43

Sounds like more ostriches with heads stuck in the sand or up their fat clacker more like it. Wake up and smell the coffee people. Get with the program or the program might get you. You're just searching for excuses now to avoid looking at what is right in front of u and staring the f*ck back. Tell your flock o wise Jock!

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 08:11

If he stays on the park all season he'd be a lock for sure. But that's highly unlikely. So comes down to risk reward. I see JOM being a better risk personally.

undypuncher · 03/03/2017 at 08:12

thats your opionion… run with him and apply ice aprox rd 3

James · 02/03/2017 at 23:45

Treloar or Hannebery?

John · 03/03/2017 at 00:44

Toss a coin you can't go wrong with either

OldOcker · 03/03/2017 at 01:40

I am backing both, Like John said Toss a coin, you can't go wrong with either.

Cameron Foskett · 03/03/2017 at 07:25

The term "Lock" gets thrown around a lot these days…

THE NANK · 03/03/2017 at 07:52

Community just in from SEN, Taylor Adams walking around in a moonboot yesterday at training

undypuncher · 03/03/2017 at 09:31

couldnt he wait till rd 3

Moustachio · 03/03/2017 at 22:09

Was never anywhere near my team. If I wanted a guy to be top average for his position and play single digit games, id pick ablett

crowls · 04/03/2017 at 08:23

love it stach!!

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 07:57

Stef played his way out of my side, never to return.
Welcome back Gawn/Gold member, sick of stuffing around.

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 08:09

Agree. I got stuck with him last year and it was painful. He still seems to be sharing the duties and the 40 brings back bad memories. Avoid

Cromagnon · 03/03/2017 at 09:50

Hi Rick, when are you going to unite the communities and take down Negan once and for all?

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 12:14

When the ratings start to drop. At the moment I'm happy going round in circles every episode. But at some stage I'll definitely end Negan. Then I'm gonna turn Lucile into a toilet brush….

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 10:21

Martin was scheizenhausen last night. Only one tap to advantage. Just garbage.

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 10:40

Stef burnt me something savage last year so could never personally return to that well this season anyway.

Has looked absolute rubbish in the JLT even though we usually shouldn't give the preseason much credence when it comes to judging established premos. But it would be a brave coach to run with him this year especially if Smith also plays Rd1.

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 08:06

I know we shouldn't place much stock in pre season form, but is anyone else concerned about Rocky? Will losing the captaincy affect him? Will Beams take points off him? I have had him locked from day 1, but my confidence is waning.

Rosco · 03/03/2017 at 10:11

I don't think losing the captaincy will hurt him but Beams back back will. He has been in my team for most of preseason also but I am now considering Beams and using the cash elsewhere. Having said that as you say it's only JLT. Rocky not serious yet.

Dice · 03/03/2017 at 10:16

Hi Rick, i'm a huge Rockliff fan and have him in from the start most years. Last night was concerning so did a bit of research this morning and he doesn't actually perform to his high standards when playing alongside Beams over the last 2 or 3 years. Surprised the hell out of me….he's now out

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 12:11

Thanks Dice, I was secretly hoping someone would do the research for me. I love Rocky but not only is an injury risk, he can be a bit of flog at times and now we factor in the Beams effect. It's all adding up to a no.

Youngster · 03/03/2017 at 13:02

I had a look at this and I disagree.

Averages for Rocky when playing alongside Beams
      2014: 133.27 (15 games)
      2015: 100.11 (9 games)

Averages for Rocky when playing without Beams
      2014: 125.76 (3 games)
      2015: 121.67 (6 games)

Only played one game together in 2016, Round 7: Beams=94 & Rocky=43

And when you average ALL of Rocky's scores over 2014/2015/2016, the real truth is revealed:
      With Beams: 117.64 (25 games)
      Without Beams: 118.12 (25 games)

So over the last 3 seaons, Rocky has played 50 games in total: 25 games with Beams in the side and 25 games without Beams and his average virtually the same!

The stats don't like lie. Rocky has a SOLID average regardless.

Injury is your only concerned here.

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 13:28

Unfortunately Beams was still at Collingwood in 2014 mate so somehow you've crossed your wires there.

Actually the main reason why Rocky's average was so low when playing with Beams in 2015 was that he played a lot of the early season with busted ribs if folks remember. But by the 2nd half of the season he was flying when Beamer did his shoulder.

The fact remains that Rocky and Beams haven't actually played many games together when fully healthy and up and going so it's hard to extrapolate from such a small sample size.

But I fully believe that not only can Rocky, Beams and Zorko peacefully coexist they will probably prosper.

Youngster · 03/03/2017 at 15:01

Must be smoking something. Scratch that 2014 nonsense I put up there.

Redoing the 2015/16 stats:

With Beams: 94.2 (10 games)
          Without Beams: 117.09 (22 games)

But not enough to draw a final conclusion.

Dice · 03/03/2017 at 14:46

Nice Youngster, 20 point avg difference in 2015 is my concern. Apart from 2014, the first 8 rounds of 2015 was their main chunk of playing together. Beams avg 109 and Rockliff 72. I just can't see it happening especially now looking like zorko will spend alot of midfield time this year belting out big scores, whereas 2 years ago he was changing between midfield and forward.
        I do hope you're right

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 12:24

Not particularly. There are plenty of places on the park for Rocky to rack up points. The Swans had 3 mids who averaged over 110 last season and would've had 4 if Titch didn't have to do that tagging rubbish Horse made him do in a number of games.

Rocky can't help himself, he's a natural ball magnet and will accumulate the pill at will. My only concern is that his body holds up for 20 plus games, not his average or fantasy ceiling. The same thing happens every preseason and coaches freak out and wonder if he's going to play forward or whatever.

He's just foxing and seeing who his true believers are. 🙂

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 14:09

Gosh, now you have me thinking. I do like the look of the Rockstar in my line up. I'd hate to miss out on one of those 170+ games.

Dukes · 03/03/2017 at 18:58

Everyone seems to be overeacting a bit over a preseason game. Did anyone notice how lean rockliff looked, his had his first full preseason since i can remember. Im feeling good about his body holding up this year and i know he will belt out his usual scores

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 19:40

Yeah I noticed that in JLT1. He looks in ripping nick physically which had always been a slight knock on him in the past, that perhaps he could've got himself in a little better shape in the preseason. But not this time around – he is looking leeeeeeeean!

Assuming no major fitness hiccup in his final JLT game next week I can't see myself swapping him out of my side.

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 08:23

I really want to make a guns and rookies side but every time I go to do it I can't bring myslef to get rid of the value picks like JOM and swallow

The Ranger · 03/03/2017 at 13:37

Take a look at poor old Rourke Smith mate, there's a reason why we usually stay away from players coming back from long term injuries.

Ethan · 03/03/2017 at 08:52

R we backing Lycett or Ryder to average more

Thomas · 03/03/2017 at 08:53

Hanners or JPK? only have room for one

Holty · 03/03/2017 at 09:34

Doesnt matter. Neither will let you down. Although jock and others have stated jpk starts the season slowly so maybe look at jpk around the bye rounds

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 09:17

Watson or Beams?
I feel there's more risk & reward with Beams.
Watson gonna be a machine tho!
Mmmmmm!! Thoughts pls

Liam · 03/03/2017 at 10:23

Beams. He's back in my side.

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 10:15

I have enough cash to grab Beams. Who do I cull to make room for him….JOM or D.Swallow? Cheers

Liam · 03/03/2017 at 10:24

I culled Swallow, I feel that JOM will get more midfield time and score better.

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 10:28

I tend to agree. Swallow out. Welcome back Dayne Beams!

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 11:18

Worried about the beams pick, hasn't played 22 games in his career and has only play over 20 games twice

Kev · 03/03/2017 at 13:18

Beams is like Sandi. You're not picking them thinking they'll play 22 games. Beams' price for what he can produce is crazy cheap. Ride him till he gets injured again

Dean · 03/03/2017 at 10:21

W.Brodie or D.Swallow for the M7 spot ?

Liam · 03/03/2017 at 10:24

Swallow but depends what you do with the cash.

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 11:08

The goldy or Grundy decision for R2 is doing my head in?

Who are people going with?

James · 03/03/2017 at 11:19

Gawn and grundy for me

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 11:27

worried about both, goldy gets injury niggles every now and then and preuss and daw could come into the side which means less ruck time for goldy.
      And grundy isn't a proven top 1-3 ruckman so not sure about him either

The Ranger · 03/03/2017 at 13:30

Same here. Set and forget.

hedski · 03/03/2017 at 11:20

Goldy

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 11:43

That's why a lot of coaches are rolling with Sandiballs at R2 as a stepping stone assuming he plays Rd1.

Then see who looks the better option midseason and offload Sandi for him whilst making a stack of cash in the process. You can use the savings at R2 to upgrade to a premo starter on another line that you are more sure about.

And who knows Sandi could even turn into a surprise keeper although I wouldn't expect that to be case.

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 11:46

Cheers sc addict, Yep I was thinking that if he performs this week I will definitely go with sandi

INPieman · 03/03/2017 at 11:47

Or you could bank the cash SCA!

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 12:06

That's right the Sandiballs insurance policy … how remiss of me to forget. 🙂

INPieman · 03/03/2017 at 12:10

Ive taken out 3 policies on him!

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 12:11

What are your guys insurance policy's for sandi?

INPieman · 03/03/2017 at 12:19

Keep some cash & hopefully some fwd line cover. But that will depend on round 1 teams. If Preuss gets picked round 1 he's going to be hard to ignore

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 13:56

If sandi gets injured early wouldn't strndanica get a call up?

neil demons delight · 03/03/2017 at 15:31

read on Fremantles site just that apparently training extra well maybe more than we expect from him .Have to have another think want Gawnie by two cheers neil

THE NANK · 03/03/2017 at 11:53

Really happy with my team at the moment, version 100.

Def: Docherty, Leigh, Laird, Hampton, Newman, Ryan (Stewart, Guthrie)

Mid: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Rocky, Fyfe, Swallow, Brodie (SPP, Barrett, Wigg)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandi (Strndica)

Forward: JJJ, Dalhaus, Ryder, Black, Pickett, Cameron (Eddy, Smith)

Thoughts would be appreciated community

Valens_FC · 03/03/2017 at 12:42

Round 11 bye looks a challenge – 6 of your premo / keepers out. Structure pretty good, but not sure Ryder is worth it just to cover Sandi. Change him to Caddy (R12 bye) and roll the dice with Sandi… If Preuss gets selected, he becomes a viable R3 and backup. If Cameron gets selected as well, not sure you need Ryder.

bruderboy · 03/03/2017 at 12:50

Would love some feedback on my team folks.
I still have Murphy but contemplating Beams, think that Murphy may be more durable. could also go the way of JOM intstead of Swallow as I'm not sold on him just yet.
DEF: Docherty, Laird, Vince, Scharenberg, Hampton, VW (Ryan, Stewart)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Hanners, Fyfe, T. Mitchell, Murphy, Swallow, PP (Barrett, Wigg, Picket)
RUC: Gawn, Sandiballs (Cameron)
FWD: Dahl, Heeney, Ryder, Roughy, Black, Eddy, (Miles, Butler)

Alferton · 03/03/2017 at 13:13

I'm going Beams over Murphy IMO more upside to Beams as long as he stays on the field. I've got both Swallow and JOM. A lot of risks but potentially high rewards. Overall a very strong team.

NEIL Demons Delight · 03/03/2017 at 15:23

interesting Murphy and Swallow instead of an uber prem and rookie .Is this thru lack of good mid rooks

neil Demons Delight · 03/03/2017 at 15:25

sorry just read your opening line cheers

Alferton · 03/03/2017 at 13:22

Hi Community. Second year player and would love feedback on my team.

Def: T.Adams, Laird, Vince, Scharenberg, Hampton, Stewart. (Vickers-Willis, Hibberd).
Mids: Dangerfield, Treloar, Rockliff, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, Beams, O'Meara, Swallow. (SPP, Freeman, Wigg).
Rucks' Gawn, Sandy. (Preuss).
Fwds: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Ryder, Bowes, Black, Pickett. (B. Long, Eddy).

Not sold on Rocky, thoughts on better option maybe Cripps or Bont.
Not sold on Ryder thoughts on Caddy.
Have 95k in the bank.
Thank you for any advice.

Northernsoul74 · 03/03/2017 at 13:38

Rocky has become Cripps in my team. Cripps has been training for a few weeks now and in the squad this weekend. Hoping he's right to go round 1.
    As I mentioned on here couple of weeks ago The Bont has been carrying an ankle injury for some time. Maybe underdone come round 1. Same thing happened last year and he started slow.

The Ranger · 03/03/2017 at 13:51

That's a lot of injury risk in that midfield Alf.
    Rockliff, Fyfe, JOM, Beams, and Swallow. And you can throw in Sandi too.
    If it comes off you're laughing but if it goes wrong you'll blow a heap of trades.
    Lots of people seem to be running with this sort of team but I just can't do it.
    I've had too many seasons ruined by injury in the past!

Damien · 03/03/2017 at 13:51

Rockliff versus Zorko for me at the moment.

Fagan says Rockliff will spend more time up forward this season as well, which is giving me a headache.

INPieman · 03/03/2017 at 13:56

Zorko could be a nice POD. When he goes big it tends to be real big. But might spend more time forward with Beams back. It's a tough one

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 14:07

49 – 9 hit Outs. Lions Favour.

No wonder Beams and Zorko looked good.

Clokey · 03/03/2017 at 17:44

Nup. Stef had 31 and only one of them went to advantage. Those lions mids have dorsal fins and they aint dolphins

Rick Grimes · 03/03/2017 at 14:10

Titch or Merrett?

AuroraBorealis?! · 03/03/2017 at 15:00

Titch for me, he'll be number one mid at hawks and even though Merrett is a gun, im nervous about how he'll perform with Watson and Heppell coming back into the midfield.

Tttt · 03/03/2017 at 14:11

Thoughts on team will be appreciated!
Def: shaw Adams laird Hampton willis ryan (Newman, stewart)
Mid: danger, selwood, treloar, fyfe, titch ,jom,spp (barret,miles,hibberd)
Ruck: gawn, Sandi (preuss )
Fwds: dahl, heeney, Higgins, roughy, schoenmakers, black (Cameron,eddy)

THE NANK · 03/03/2017 at 14:56

Looks like you're missing a mid there titt

Tttt · 03/03/2017 at 15:26

haha yep forgot beams!

Steve · 03/03/2017 at 14:52

Selwood, Priddis or Shuey?

Big G · 03/03/2017 at 15:23

shuey has never proven himself as super premium

Danners · 03/03/2017 at 16:47

Selwood, proven star and underrated. If you need cash Priddis is just as good

Big G · 03/03/2017 at 14:55

Are people seriously going cold on rocky after one game?

Northernsoul74 · 03/03/2017 at 15:05

I've not dropped him based on last night, more on Cripps is poss fitter than I thought he was.

Randomcliche2 · 05/03/2017 at 02:27

Hopefully. The key is locked on his spot in my team.

AuroraBorealis?! · 03/03/2017 at 14:59

Is anybody going in with both Dahlhaus and Macrae for RD 1? Them both being in the same team makes me hesitate but surely they'll both be top 6 FWDs come the end of the year.

Northernsoul74 · 03/03/2017 at 15:03

I am. Dahl is a no brained and Macrae is pretty underrated as a player. Both more mids than forwards so should score well.

Northernsoul74 · 03/03/2017 at 15:06

No brainer.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 15:12

depends how many others you got sitting out round 11

neil · 03/03/2017 at 15:13

correct no brainer

NEIL Demons Delight · 03/03/2017 at 15:18

something wrong with the system every now and again when I make a comment it shuts me out telling me incorrect url. is this to stop what happened a couple of times last year or am I doing something wrong thanks fellas it lets me in one or two days later cheers NEIL

TRIGGER HAPPY · 03/03/2017 at 15:54

Have to control that cussin' 🙂

neil demons delight · 03/03/2017 at 16:16

very funny miss it when locked out Buckley does it to me all the time bloody lousy rotten /=-///coach

SCaddict · 03/03/2017 at 15:41

Hard to see how you go could go too far wrong there. The only slight annoyance is their Rd11 bye so if you are already quite Rd11 bye heavy with other such premos it might be a concern.

But otherwise I wouldn't stress about selecting two quality mids masquerading as forwards.

Danners · 03/03/2017 at 16:49

I'm going with them both. Over the years I've had a problem having 2 premos from the same team on the same line, but if they average well, it doesn't matter where they're from

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 16:57

Threw away both keys long ago

Clokey · 03/03/2017 at 17:48

Neither they'll both drop 100k before their bye. Wingard and petracca will be a straight swap for them.
    Premiership hangover, believing their own media hype etc, etc etc

Northernsoul74 · 03/03/2017 at 18:20

Did you watch Dahl in JLT 1? Lukey D is the last person to believe his own hype. I reckon all the top priced players on each line will lose cash but you only have 30 trades. You can't trade into all of them.

Clokey · 03/03/2017 at 19:16

I didn't see LD's first JLT game that was against last years 11th placed team wasn't it? Even a part time mid from last years 14th placed team tonned up against them in JLT.

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 19:43

Stop looking at the premiums and midpricers in JLT. Rookies….. focus on the rookies!

Moustachio · 03/03/2017 at 22:29

You would know about bleeding cash

The BONT · 03/03/2017 at 18:39

Its a good idea Dahlhaus is a MUST and McRea had 17 touches last night with 14 of them being contested . The hitouts were 50-9 lions way so the ball didn't come to McRea much so thats why he only got 17 touches. When Roughead is back . he wll be getting 30+ disposals

Jackson · 03/03/2017 at 15:06

For what it's worth Sandilands costs about the same as my house did when I first bought it…..and it's still standing!!!
I'm guessing it's worth about $400,000 now, but I'm not saying Sandilands will get to this price.
My insurance costs about $500 per annum (what's Ryder's price again?)
Make of this what you will…..

Clokey · 03/03/2017 at 17:49

How many hitouts do you reckon your house will get? Sandi still the better bet

Marco_Polo94 · 03/03/2017 at 17:47

Mid pricers are like an infection, you finally cave and put one in… One becomes two… Two becomes three… Next thing you know mick the mad Irishman's got a hard on looking at your midprice monstrosity of a team. Times like these show how important it is to stick to your structures pre JLT. Just my slice of advice for the day.

The BONT · 03/03/2017 at 18:42

Its a good idea to get and McRea because Dahlhaus is a MUST and McRea had 17 touches last night with 14 of them being contested. The hitouts were 50-9 lions way so the ball didn't come to McRea much so thats why he only got 17 touches. When Roughead is back he will be getting 30+ disposals out of the middle.

neil demons delight · 03/03/2017 at 19:00

Totally agree BONT they will only get better first two forwards picked.. How long will rough be out.Boyd must step up cant hide now.FORWARDS the biggest headache but at least 3 pick themselves and are affordable .With Roughy at F4 comes down to last two and bench and that's a nightmare good luck Bont

The BONT · 03/03/2017 at 20:22

I have gorn with Gallucci because all of Adelaide have been injured and he will get early games and the other one is Black after he kicked four goals he is looking like a superstar already

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 20:30

Dont forget about Harrison Wigg either. Looks like a very capable Adelaide mid rookie and is set to get game time now.

hawkboy · 03/03/2017 at 22:13

black & superstar in the same sentence, there's something I never thought I'd see (everrrrr) lol

neil demons delight · 03/03/2017 at 22:32

that's what I mean BONT I have Black and Knight and don' t like either even bench is dicey OUT OF EDDY MILES AND GALLUCCI forward rookies must start appearing soon .or rely on dpps cheers

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 22:42

I think we will get a few out of North.

Looking forward to crows. Plenty of rookies on show this week

shaun · 03/03/2017 at 20:17

Rich a "serious breakout content"??! Please. As a Lions supporter, I am disappointed… Everyone knows Rich is an absolute trap who can't handle a tag or win a hard ball to save himself. TRAP!

Keep readin' · 03/03/2017 at 20:27

How's your attention span going?

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 20:29

Billy was kidding mate. If you read the last bit of his write up on Rich, he said that he was joking and not to pick him under any circumstances.

Seb · 03/03/2017 at 20:29

It was a joke

Derek · 03/03/2017 at 23:01

I agree with Shaun. Rich is a trap. This is not a joke.

Redd · 03/03/2017 at 20:56

Hey community would love a bit of feedback in ny team any and all appreciated.

DEF Adams Laird JJ Martin Scharenberg hampton
(Stewart Ryan)

MID Pendles Bont Sidebum Fyfe M.Crouch Oliver Omeara Wigg (P.Pepper Freeman Barrett)

RUC Ryder Sandi (Strandica)

FWD Dahl Greene Billings Roughy Elliot Hoskin- Elliot
(Eddy Smith)
Cheers

Keenbutclueless · 03/03/2017 at 21:49

Congrats Redd. Certainly a different looking team. It looks like you might be aiming for the Round 12 weekly prize! No outs that round. Outside of Fyfe, you look like might be missing Capt options. I really think you need Danger.
    Rucks are scary! Understand the logic but I certainly don't have the cohunas to go that far. Especially without cover.
    Love the Crouch and Oliver selections.

Redd · 04/03/2017 at 18:56

Cheers mate been tossing up on the no danger zone daily just hopin i can pick him up a little cheaper in a few weeks

neil demons delight · 03/03/2017 at 22:23

how much is your bank looks big no gawn key def danger swans maccrae nick wow goes on and on . if so I YOU NEED Gawn and Danger and ryder could go also one of oliver crouch or omeara Defence not too bad even without Doc/Simmo Forwards 3 mid priced pods could work really only rucks and mids need fixing good luck

Top Hawk · 03/03/2017 at 22:28

Wow Neil. Have another drink why dont you.

Redd · 04/03/2017 at 18:59

Thanks mate my bank is 53k i feel adams and laird will be top 5 defenders a little worried about ryder but oliver and omeara will be great upgarde options gawn for ryder a possibility

MorrowSC · 03/03/2017 at 23:00

Yeah, sorry mate! Too many iffy selections in there for mine. Hit "clear team button" and whack in the UBER PREMIUMS in every line. Mid pricers generally never work out and you're banking on too many players exploding (Greene, Billings, Elliot, Crouch, Oliver, Martin,.. even JJ to some extent).

Maybe try this?……

Defence.
    One of: Shaw/Docherty/Simpson.
    Two of: Laird, Rance, Vince, Adams.

Mids.
    Lock in…. Danger, Fyfe Treloar.
    Two of: Pendles, Sloane, Hanneberry, JPK, Zorko.
    one of: Beams, Swallow, O'Meara

Ruck.
    Two of: Goldy, Gawn, Grundy, Sandi.

Forward
    Lock in…. Dahlahus.
    Two of: Macrae, Roughy, JJK, Riewoldt, Lynch, Caddy, Heeney.

Redd · 04/03/2017 at 19:03

Hey mate appreciate the time you took to respond def trying to mix it up a bit this year and find that extra edge finished top 1% last 2years hope i havnt pushed it to far def looking at finding a way for danger and maybe gawn.

what'saftumch? · 03/03/2017 at 23:42

Hi there community, been following the boards for the last year or so but this is my 1st comment, just thought I'd put my team out there as well and let you tear it all to shreds…suffered the ignominy of losing to my 8 year old son last year in the prelim…at least he went on to win our comp!

DEF: Doc, Adams, Laird, Mills, Hampton, Vickers-Willis, Stewart, J Smith

MID: Danger, Treloar, Zorko, Bont, Fyfe, Josh Kelly, O'Meara, SPP, Wigg, Miles, Hibbert

RUCK: Gawn, Sandi, Strnadica

FWD: Dahl, Macrae, Roughy, A.Black, Begley, Eddy, D.Cameron, T.Smith

$9,100 in the bank

Obvious question marks (to me at least) are: Sandi, Mills, Josh Kelly, Hampton, O'Meara (either because of injury history or mid-price madness on my part), but since I've chopped and changed almost every few days depending on JLT form and injury then obviously the above isn't set in stone…anyway, if anyone has a suggestion or comment, please feel free…Cheers!

Derek · 04/03/2017 at 08:08

Team looks pretty good. As we have been saying , final structure this year will depend on the rookies. To go GnR this year will required 7 rookies onfield across all lines. There seem like a few good options in defence but not many elsewhere. You might have to go one less premium in defence. We will wait and see. You have st least 3 rookies in your forwards who won't play round 2. Otherwise your structure looks good.

Kelly is s bold move, but one that could pay off. Have heard a lot of elite supercoachers talking about him just quietly. Don't think he will be top 8 therefore I'm not getting him, but his points per spend will pay off.

neil demons delight · 04/03/2017 at 13:30

Agree Derek you need 7 on field rookies and given def is ok one way is to go m7 one of SWALLOW JOM OR KELLY. Kelly is the next best thing to a premium aside from his JLT efforts played 22 ave 87 good J S.It can also be argued the same of the other two but mine is Kelly.Another way would be to go F4 or even F5 BUT this would mean more midpricers.. I am looking closely at Taranto the bull as a F4 Kelly strikes me as another Wells or Libba maybe good bench cover Getting back to whats team DOC for tmitchell and JOM for Ryan would do it also two DEE smiths both wont be upgraded need one to go CHEERS NEIL

neil demons delight · 04/03/2017 at 08:14

As good a team that I have seen well done son .Even Tim Smith could be a nugget. Sorry cant fault it maybe Cameron Don't think you need insurance for Sandi but if anything like most forward will be your archillies.I would take a chance on Gallucci cheers neil

Ross · 04/03/2017 at 12:37

Round11 bye problem. Get rid of Doch to expensive and Round11 bye. JOM to a premium and keep the extra cash in reserve in case Sandi get injured or you need to do some rookie upgrades. Cameron won't get a game.

neil demons delight · 04/03/2017 at 13:41

Kennedy -Harris broke his arm at training LTI looming..both Smiths could be elevated Joel and TIM as King IS ALREADY ON IT. keep AN EYE ON A YOUNG FORWARD dion johnstone absolutely burning BEST trainer this year as said by Nathan Jones He is one of those cat 3 rookies we pinched off doggies upgraded to seniors now Sorry that's the Demon training cheers neil

Andrew · 04/03/2017 at 20:06

Is Bont, Dahlhaus and McRae too many doggies not start with?

Andrew · 04/03/2017 at 20:07

To*

The BONT · 04/03/2017 at 20:22

Im looking for Bont to be an upgrade option

Scott · 07/03/2017 at 23:15

What do you all think of Issac Smith over Roughead?