Collingwood-v-EssendonWill these returning Bombers be much SuperCoach chop in 2017?

We were kidding ourselves if we thought we might have been able to slap an answer to that question down on the table of SuperCoach decisiveness tonight.

Watson and Heppell waltzed straight into the guts early, only to come up against a Pie midfield missing Treloar, Pendlebury, Adams, Wells and Grundy. An insulting Nathan “Bloody” Buckley imposed shadow of the real deal rocked up for the Pies this night community.

The SuperCoach significant Bombers all got through the thing which was important. They all looked just OK. But you’d struggle to hang your SuperCoach selection hat on anything that happened out there tonight given the dribble that hit the park for the Black & White.

However, there was significance to be sucked from the marrow of this thing..

DAVID MYERS | ESS | $133,700 | MID

8 disposals @ 75%DE, 4 kicks, 4 handballs, 50%TOG

We need this bloke. One of the few standout SuperCoach MID only rookie options to look the part so far this preseason. Came on at quarter time and rolled through the midfield. Tentative at times, didn’t appear to pick up the pace of the game which is understandable given how long the kid’s been out of the game. Will need to do more before Round 1.

LACHIE KEEFE | COL | $165,900 | DEF

11 disposals @ 82%DE, 5 kicks, 6 handballs, 61%TOG

Patch nailed it on Twitter tonight.. “Lachie Keefe rucking a good sign, but running around like a headless chook when he gets the ball.

The kid isn’t a forward’s pip hole and the poor bloke looked lost. Buckley played him mostly forward, giving Cox a chop out in the ruck from time to time. Hard to get a handle on him tonight. The SuperCoach community need to see him play back, Collingwood need him to play back, let’s hope this was just one of Nathan’s short-lived experiments of genius.

ANDY McGRATH | ESS | $211,800 | MID

9 disposals @ 100%DE, 2 kicks, 7 handballs, 63%TOG

He can play this kid, no doubts there. Had it 7 times at 100% efficiency to half time. However, in my mind he remains no Round 1 certainty and while he’ll be a player, I didn’t see enough to arouse me at this elevated rookie price tag.

MATT SCHARENHAMANEGGENBERG | COLL | $164,000 | DEF

5 disposals @60%DE, all handballs, 46%TOG

Didn’t break any essential body parts which is incredible. Sat on the pine for the first half before slotting into a running half back role. Didn’t set the world on fire by any stretch, but a half of footy with his body intact is all we need to see from him at this stage.

JOSH DAICOS | COLL | $117,300 | FWD

7 disposals @86%DE, 1 kick, 6 handballs, 41%TOG

Looks bloody good in tight. Sharp, elusive and makes shit happen. Plenty of his old man’s blood pumping through the veins. Only played the second half, didn’t rack up a stack of the pill.. but there’s undeniably something to this kid. Looks more a high half forward than a goal sneak. Watch closely for the rest of the preseason.

DYSON HEPPELL | ESS | $513,300 | MID

17 disposals @70%DE 9 of them contested,  6 kicks, 11 handballs, 55%TOG

A good hitout. Very hard to gather much from this one given the opposition. Got through the game, good in patches but not at full rat power. Can still play.. but we can’t take much out of tonight.

JOBE WATSON | ESS | $453,300 | MID

19 disposals 9 of them contested @79%DE, 5 kicks, 14 handballs, 66%TOG

How good was it to hear the crowd cheer as he lined up for goal in that second  quarter. Beautiful. Similar to Heppell. Got through the game solidly. Still knows how to get into the right places but the heat was well and truly off. As expected, started in the guts and drifted forward. Rested for the last quarter.

JAMIE ELLIOTT | COLL | $291,700 | FWD

8 disposals, 5 of them contested @88%DE, 4 kicks, 4 handballs, 33%TOG

Did enough, looked fit enough and most importantly got through the limited gametime Bucks gave him. Had racked up 3 hardball gets, a contested mark from the opposition, 2 uncontested marks from the opposition and a sausage to half time. Not sighted in the back half but drifts up the watch list based off this. Promising signs.

TOM PHILLIPS | COLL | $320,700 | MID, FWD

24 disposals, 8 of them contested @63%DE, 14 kicks, 10 handballs, 74%TOG

Couldn’t give this kid a more awkward price if you tried. Will suck in more than a few based on tonight. Don’t get me wrong he was bloody great tonight and his parents should be proud. But this, community is a prime ribbed example of the type of bloke the inexperienced will stiff up about at this time of year. Had mid time. Will not get midtime in the real thing.

Ozario The Also Magnificent was brilliant with 4 goals from his 12 touches, even if he was playing Buck’s kids. Jeremy Howe played back as expected but didn’t rack up nearly enough of the SC important intercept action tonight. Hoskin-Elliott was good early but you can’t get a read on him with all the silk missing. Zach Merrett continues to stretch the trouser.

DeGoey was probably best on, but he’s a massive TRAP!

What significance did you suck out of tonight folks?

Lazza · 16/02/2017 at 22:45

Got SFA out of the game …. no SC decisions tonight.

Ah yes Jock · 17/02/2017 at 13:02

SUCK ME

Lazza · 17/02/2017 at 14:06

You're easily aroused lollipop

Graham · 16/02/2017 at 22:46

I have Howe at the moment do I hold for now and wait for a possible swap to Tom McDonald/Williams/Hartlett??

jockreynolds · 16/02/2017 at 22:49

Didn't show enough tonight – but tonight was a shocker mate. Wait till JLT before you make the call I reckon

Moustachio · 17/02/2017 at 17:15

Trade him out immediately. This was a very serious game and if you hold him in your side too log and the wind changes, he will get stuck there.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 16/02/2017 at 22:49

Thanks Jock.
Agree cant really glean anything from that game.
Those that were given the opportunity took it, but won't be given the same opportunity in the season proper
how did your boy hurley go? Just happy to get through unscathed like the other returning bombers?

jockreynolds · 16/02/2017 at 22:50

Spot on mate, probably should have whacked him in this I reckon. I did see him extend himself on the long run a few times which was comforting to see – but she was a tough old game to extract much out of

BarronVonCrow · 16/02/2017 at 22:52

Hoskin-Elliot didn't do anything to remove himself from my team. Will want to see if those midfield minutes come when Pendles, Treloar, Wells and Adams are back in the side however.

It was a hitout that seemed to raise more questions than answer, but that's probably to be expected for the first week.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 16/02/2017 at 22:55

True more questions.
    BVC have reserved a spot for you in my league of regulars
    394942 if you want to jump in

BarronVonCrow · 16/02/2017 at 22:56

All in, mate. Thanks for saving me a spot!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 16/02/2017 at 23:02

Cant see you mate try again

BarronVonCrow · 16/02/2017 at 23:16

Should be there now.

AMAC · 16/02/2017 at 22:56

Well i didn't win Coach Kings…. and Essendon lost too. Not a lot to take out of this game really… Except DeGoey! Kid is a star on the rise. A forward line featuring all 3 of Heeney, Acres and DeGoey is a view of the future SC All stars! I wonder if anyone will have the testicular strength to run with it this year….

jockreynolds · 16/02/2017 at 22:58

He looked good didn't he AMAC! The thing is, he takes a back seat to the blokes who will roll back into the pie best 22 (Treloar, Pendlebury, Adams, Wells)

Kev · 17/02/2017 at 08:48

Kicked a few late goals in a tight game, AMAC. Might have boosted things a little bit.

The Bont · 16/02/2017 at 23:00

No real interest other than Myers tonight . Truth is you can't take a lot from these games we all know that . Look at de goey last year , the pre season is just something that sets traps .
Waiting for the real thing , mind you great to get on and have a look tonight . Bring on the footy

AMAC · 16/02/2017 at 23:12

Agree Jock, equally valid for your comment about Phillips. DeGoey however is very good. Not quite, but nearly a gun. Imo a good side needs at least 11 good midfielders. 2 running HB, 2 running HF, 2 wings, 3 mids, 2 bench mids. All rotating. I think De Goey gets a lot of midfield time this year because he is DEMANDING it! He now fits the profile of a breakout contender.

Seeker · 16/02/2017 at 23:13

What I took out of tonight's game were:
Zach Merrett could remain the Bombers best mid this year
Myers and Scharenberg have dropped on my watch list ( until next game)
Daicos looked very promising
Keefe is off my list
WHE, McGrath and Elliot were good but $$$ only WHE potential selection for me at this stage
De Goey will suck plenty in he is a BURN MAN

AMAC · 16/02/2017 at 23:29

Agree Seeker about Zach Merrett, yes also that Daicos looked good.
    I cannot however agree with DeGoey = Burn Man.
    Seriously last year was only his second season! He has still only played 36 games! Give him a Break! Only one freak per decade can average the type of scores Marcus Bontempelli did. Go back and have a look. Gary Ablett, Chris Judd, Patrick Dangerfield and Scott Pendlebury did not dominate in their 1st or 2nd seasons. Natural progression is key. Games and age are significant factors.

The Bont · 17/02/2017 at 00:57

Did exactly the same thing last year in the pre season cup! And everyone jumped on board , huge when there is no Adams , pendles , treloar etc but will not see that sort of time through the guts in the regular season .. Burn man

Patch · 16/02/2017 at 23:33

As I said below, Merrett wasn't paid a scant bit of attention and had 10 metres of space at every clearance tonight – that will change. But the ideal centre bounce setup looks to be Luey, Jobe, Heppell and Zerrett so there's every chance he retains his 111 average.

Myers playing his first game in nearly 2 years was always going to be rusty, but it's concerning nontheless.

Lachie · 17/02/2017 at 00:06

Essendon's mid line looks bloody decent on paper. Watson with the scrapyard dog play, and heppell and zerett with the kicks out. Wouldn't know who to tag in that outfit just yet btw.

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 11:54

Not so much the tag as just body on body contact was missing completely from Collingwood. I'm still very intrigued by the prospect of picking him, but not on the back of that

Matt · 18/02/2017 at 11:12

They will tag Heppell and see if Merrett can go head to head with their best mids to keep him honest. Watson is the one to watch SC wise l think, especially if he's kicking goals and looks fit enough to get through the season or at least to the byes for an upgrade

Jib_Jib · 16/02/2017 at 23:50

His contested possession were down on last years average (granted on one game). With Watson, Heppell, Myers etc all back I think he'll play a lot more as an outside mid this year. Scores will suffer.

RuckmansYEAR · 17/02/2017 at 08:54

He only played 55% game time.

RuckmansYEAR · 17/02/2017 at 09:14

66 oops good enough for mine

Kev · 17/02/2017 at 09:47

77% according to AFL site

I N Pieman · 17/02/2017 at 11:43

Do I hear 88%

Jib_Jib · 17/02/2017 at 11:44

Yep 77% game time. 20% of his disposals were contested, compare that to Watson and Heppell (both 47%). Bluey also said a few weeks ago the Zerrett and Parish would play more as more outside mids role in 2017 because of the returning players. I love Zerrett, had him in my team almost all preseason, but if this is his new role then I won't be dropping 600k on him

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 16:20

Think Watson is a great POD for his $453k price tag, I got a feeling he will have something to prove and with less pressure on him now that he isn't the Captain is a great thing. I'm sure he will score as good as Libba and is $40k cheaper.

He is locked in as M6 in my side regardless,

Jib_Jib · 17/02/2017 at 18:35

He's good value but he won't be top 8. Same opinion I've got about almost all the fallen premos this year. Only Fyfe for me.

Moustachio · 17/02/2017 at 17:24

Anyone who got burnt by JDG in the past deserved it imo, he was 19 to start last year. Not in breakout stage. This year less unlikely (turns 21), next year better.

Calling him a burn man is silly, he is a burn boy =p

Swiz · 16/02/2017 at 23:14

I put on the Richmond SC Forum Pre-Game. Keefe doing centre bounce practice. Im on.
At HT updated this comment to say, his 10 minutes in thr ruck would make him a lock, but dont know what he was doing for the other 40 minues.
Also have had Elliott, Hoskin-Elliott & Phillips in & out of my side so far this season. Will continue to watch in the next couple of weeks when Pendles, Treloar & co come back in

Kev · 16/02/2017 at 23:20

Not a stand out rookie tonight. You can see from the tog% both teams heavily chopped and changed things (I believe it's unlimited rotations first few weeks)

Too many missing from Pies in the guts to draw out anything of significance. Fitting Zerrett in is gonna be a headache if he continues racking them up

Patch · 16/02/2017 at 23:21

A lot of guys and gals on Twitter raving over Zerrett tonight – wasn't paid a scant bit of attention and had 10 metres of space at every clearance. That'll change. Joshy Daicos a silkly player but will struggle to score, even if given a shot in round 1. Watson has intrigued me – will play pure guts resting forward and hasn't lost a bit of it. However, I can see him being rested on interstate trips, or worse, injured. Too much risk for mine. Heppell needs to clean more rust off, as does Hurley.

From a pure footy perspective, Stewart looked very good once he worked his way into the game, and Essondon's mosquito fleet were top notch. I'm genuinely excited by our forward line for the first time since Lloyd was playing. McGrath looks very good, but not for SC. Collingwood were impossible to judge, but Jordan De Goey will be a very good player, and seeing Jamie Elliot back out there was special.

9 pointers have got to go. So do obnoxious Collingwood supporters. It's a preseason game, don't scream for 3 minutes straight about a holding the ball call. Don't tell the ump he got a boundary line call wrong when you're 130 metres away. Duct tape ya shnozz and watch the kids play. YOU'RE ALL POTATOES WITH EYEBALLS. Phew. Okay, I'm done.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 16/02/2017 at 23:28

Patch
    Have reserved a spot for you in my league of regulars
    394942 if you want to jump in

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 11:56

Cheers TRIGGER! My last free league spot so just in time!

EDIT: I've left it too late it seems – it's full. Sorry mate!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 17/02/2017 at 12:28

just made you a spot

jump in now.

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 14:49

I'm in!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 17/02/2017 at 15:57

bloody excellent
            welcome

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 16:25

TH do you have a spot for me m8?

OldOcker · 16/02/2017 at 23:53

Patch, I cannot understand why they persist with this 9 pointer when it was a trial thing that will never be introduced to the REAL GAME. They have had years of trial and it has never gone any further.
    Thank You for such an honest opinion of the game because I have no means to watch this JLT Series and always appreciate your opinion and depend on the community at large to give me some insight.
    Cheers.

Tyruddanaut · 17/02/2017 at 06:27

I like it because the preseason competition is a bit more relaxed and a bit more fun than the regular competition. There are a couple of other rules too that will never be in the "real game" like last touch over the line.

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 11:59

I'm with you Ocker – it just seems so out of place. I'm happy with them trialling new rules during the preseason, but the nine pointer isn't going to lead to anything, there just doesn't seem to be a point.

Scrappy footy regardless, and there wasn't much to be gleamed from the game but we'll be covering every game, so any supercoach relevance will find its way here!

Rebels · 17/02/2017 at 11:59

Bit salty Patch?

pisspumpshuffle · 18/02/2017 at 14:37

a bit? patch has emptied the shaker!

Ian Balfour · 17/02/2017 at 19:48

Surprised you can find enthusiasm in the Essendon team Patch? Forgetting last year, they have only ever had one premium player in Jobe (two if you count Heppel). Last year showed that Zaharakis and Merrit can score but neither received any attention as the team was not competitive. Personally i think they have a very poor list and very few if any SC contenders?

stabmow · 16/02/2017 at 23:21

Smith moved up on the list McGrath and Heppell moved down, waiting to see what Zac Fisher does before I consider myers

OldOcker · 16/02/2017 at 23:24

Unfortunately I do not have means to watch these games.
I have something better, this community filling me with wisdom.
Hoskin Elliot seemed to get a lot of mentions but I really can't think of anyone from a rookie point of view that could possibly make my team.
Sticking to Guns & Rookies as much as possible.

Keep the comments coming so that I can learn from the wisdom's of all.
Thank You.

scott · 18/02/2017 at 01:07

ditto, and how's that masterful piece of spreadsheet wizardry spreadsheet looking this year OldOcker?

That is gold every year.

Flaccid Jaff · 17/02/2017 at 01:03

A few players were wiped off my list tonight, but just 1 bloke jumped onto it. Darcy Parish looked calm and skillful, he's put on size, roamed the ground and looks to have secured midfield time. Will he step up further in 2017? I will watch him closely.

Heppell will cop attention this year and he doesn't like it, was on my watchlist but he's dropped off it after that game. I know it's his 1st game back and he needs to ease into it, but no. Same goes for hurley, I liked that he's taking kickouts, but didn't show enough.

It's not the stats to look at, it's the roles, and the way they go about it. If keefe is named rd 1 he's in my team, but Sharenberg I'll need to see improve. Jobe looked good, but rested forward which I think will happen a lot and he'll stay at that 500k-odd mark so it's a no for me.

DO NOT get zerret, de goey or phillips!

Hoskin-elliot hung around too much but when he went at it he looked good, strongly consider at thag price!

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 12:02

Like it, Jaff. I'd say a firm no on Parish, coughed it up a lot. Had his moments, but feel he'll be struck with the second year blues. Will have midfield time, but unless he unleashes himself in the next few games I'd be inclined to take a dip with Jobe or Zerrett if I was touching the Essendon midfield.

Meanie of Me · 17/02/2017 at 05:13

Not sold on any of the rookie spots as yet, so they’re still interchangeable. Taking a risk with the rucks and with taking both O’Meara and Swallow, but if they don’t impress during the JLT I can always downgrade one and upgrade the other.

DEFENDERS BENCH

C. Wingard J. Pickett

I. Heeney

P. Ryder

J. Roughead

B. Eddy

Tyruddanaut · 17/02/2017 at 06:32

JOM probably isn't going to play round one so if/when he plays you will have that 300k on your bench until then.
    Really strong forward line! Good job.
    I have never seen nankervis in a team so hopefully you get lucky

Good luck!

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 12:03

Agree on Jaeger – he'll probably be rested here and there this year, and will work into it. Aside from that, nice side Meanie!

neil.DemonsDelight · 17/02/2017 at 09:07

One of the better teams rucks a worry though

TOMAHAWK · 17/02/2017 at 10:41

Zak Jones! excellent spot at $300k and will be off half back and the odd centre bounce. Came of age in the finals. WATCH!

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 17:00

Far to many mid priced players including some at high end prices. Not a fan of J. Johannisen at $513k I think there are much better options for allot less.

O'Meara will be looked after and can see him being rested.

Last year Wingard scores were: 125,54,61,36,76,63,107,136,110,83,78,83,77,106,61,100,64,32
    Heeney's scores were: 95,59,62,123,52,62,134,96,76,50,80,48,61,33,77,89,145,77,63,107,55,118,84
    As you can see Wingard & Heeney are far too inconsistent for a $440k player and a $430k player they will give you the occasional 90+ but be prepared for more 60's & 70 scores then 90+ in my opinion.

However I wish you the best of luck mate, its only my opinion and I have been wrong many times before. lol

Ian balfour · 17/02/2017 at 19:53

Gutsy Ruck picks but i too like Nankervis

Meanie of Me · 17/02/2017 at 20:16

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm going to make some changes based on some of the points you've raised.

Gaveday · 17/02/2017 at 06:45

I'm really keen to have one of Elliott or Hoskin Elliot in my team. And after Wayne Carey's comments about returning players finding it hard after a year out, I'm purging Heppell and Hurley. The king has spoken and I will listen.

Dave · 17/02/2017 at 10:58

So no Fyfe, Murphy, Swallow, Beams, Roughy etc by that logic?

Shake n bake · 17/02/2017 at 16:22

Loved having a look at your team the other day. As in my comments to you its a risk on those players returning. would be nice to take a risk but to many questions marks there.

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 17:16

The King of fools. He doesn't often get it right thats for sure. Look what Libba done last year.

Also as Dave said by that logic no Fyfe, Murphy, Swallow, Beams, Roughy, Watson etc etc.

I'm locking in Watson as my M6 for $440k its a bargain as far as im concerned, far to many people pay to much attention to these B/S preseason games which I find hilarious. I also have Hibbered he scored sub 70 on 3 occasions in 2015 and missed last season and is now with Melbourne most players that have showed potential and then switch sides do a lot better statistically speaking. If I could swap Hibbered to Hurley id do it in a heart beat, I think the Essendon players will go out fighting big time especially those like Watson & Hurley who was seriously effected by the B/S that went on at Essendon.

Good luck all the same.

Nathan · 17/02/2017 at 07:03

Waste of a game
Didn't seem to be any defensive motive by either team
Anyway
I'm currently running a deep midfield
Fyfe at m7

Rivo · 17/02/2017 at 07:47

Nothing inspiring last night re SC. A couple of mid price risks that I will not take (De-Goey & Phillips). Myers looked underdone & McGrath needs more game time. Great to have footy back though!

BCHawks · 17/02/2017 at 08:03

Great wright up Jock. Watson seemed to play a good game. Could make my team if Beams doesn't get up for round 1.

Dee · 17/02/2017 at 08:43

Isn't it just fantastic to have the footy back lads, I'm bloody excited and aroused in my trousers….. WEKUMM!

Adam · 17/02/2017 at 08:54

B.Howlett 37

K.Langford 36

A.McGrath 35

M.Hurley 30

P.Ambrose 24

fatboyfat7 · 17/02/2017 at 13:26

You know what Hurley's TOG % was?

SCaddict · 17/02/2017 at 15:05

39%.

Just to go the Match Centre on the AFL website and look under advanced stats for TG%.

neil.DemonsDelight · 17/02/2017 at 09:04

Great to see real sport sick of cricket though love it tennis and yatching Phiilips and Mcgrath only two I would look at out of last nights effort bring it on.Sandy still a worry for me.Probably need Ryder with him Cheers Neil

RuckmansYEAR · 17/02/2017 at 09:09

Best thing for mine out of last night was jobe. I'm locking him in. He is a gun and at 55% game time when he wanted to get his hands on it he did.
Jamie elliot for mine has f5 to lose. 30 something %game time and was hard to stop. Showed enough and got rested. Buckley locked him in his side early so am i.

Myers and keefe both looked lost but their price tags and who's going to take their spots means they play.

Heppel for mine is watch this space again less than 60% game time and while he looked rusty still had 17. Maybe

Had taylor adams as a back but the pies backline is so weak he gets the flick. Everyone's trying to play the jack. No one runner half back so bye bye adams.

Andy Mcgrath.. looks like a player and am surprised he's been written off by so many. He showed coach he's a player and that's the kind of kid that gets a few extra games. You're tentatively in for mine atm. Just.

Looking at a few extras but that's the main group i saw as earning a spot.. and no de goey.. good try but nah

RuckmansYEAR · 17/02/2017 at 09:12

Oops jobe at 66% but still good. Change from lock to lock with key still in it..

Clock Management · 17/02/2017 at 10:23

It was actually 62% but point taken

Dee · 17/02/2017 at 09:10

Treloar, Ablett or Pendles? Pick one….

Harley · 17/02/2017 at 09:27

Treloar

Patch · 17/02/2017 at 12:04

Pendles. 7 years of monster averages, can't go wrong with him this year, unless Buckley goofs hideously.

ruckmansYEAR · 18/02/2017 at 10:16

none of the above

Harley · 17/02/2017 at 09:14

Just reading the advertiser here in Adelaide and apparently Curtly Hampton has improved immensely over the pre season and the guys at the club are excited and expect him to step up and possibly take that mid field role on. Hopefully that's the case because o'keefe and Sharenberg didn't look that great last night. In saying this they also said yesterday that Charlie Cameron will also get more mid field time this year.

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 09:40

He has been in my side from the start. Hampton brings pace and thats what adelaides midfield is lacking. Not expecting massive scores from him but still a lock in my back line.

Clock Management · 17/02/2017 at 10:31

Can confirm is in contention for replacing Mackay in Midfield, won't average enormous points but will be better than Keefe and ShitBerg from Pies

Harley · 17/02/2017 at 09:15

Keefe sorry

Keeffe · 17/02/2017 at 17:31

It's okay mate I always suspected I was a mediocre footballer.

neil.DemonsDelight · 17/02/2017 at 09:23

Thanks Adam for sc scores most helpful indeed Cheers Neil

Rick Grimes · 17/02/2017 at 09:58

Can't take much out of this other than guys unsighted for a while got through unscathed, and Buckley is still a spoon. W.Hoskin-Elliott was and still is high on my radar. That's about all.

I N Pieman · 17/02/2017 at 11:46

Agree with your assessment on Buckley. That game plan won't win many games. Decent team will tear through it

FotherMucker · 17/02/2017 at 10:09

Jobe might start a little bit slower this season but he is the stuff of a stiff trouser leg. His BE is mid-80's. Can someone start a rumour that he is dodgy with a secret serious injury or something so the whole community doesn't jump on his back and weigh him down.

Clock Management · 17/02/2017 at 10:29

Not much can be taken from last night. Myers looked tentative but will be ok.

Elliot and Keefe just prove why they are no gos

Everyone will be jumping on degoey and phillips and will be ruining their structures but I dont mind.

Remeber for those considering De Goey. No pendles No Wells No Treloar No Adams.

He will have very little mid time cone proper season, will play floating half forward and will average approx 75.

Hoskin-Elliot remains on Watch List, so does Watson.

Frank · 17/02/2017 at 10:35

Elliott 65sc played 1/3rd of the game

Northernsoul74 · 17/02/2017 at 11:08

Is nobody worried about Elliott's injury recurring? The interview in The Herald Sun recently didn't fill me with confidence.

Moustachio · 17/02/2017 at 17:33

Should be good for a 195 av then

Northernsoul74 · 17/02/2017 at 11:09

I don't think Myers is best 22.

Clock Management · 17/02/2017 at 12:22

Myers if he stays fit is best 22. Elliot will fool a lot of people

I N Pieman · 17/02/2017 at 12:44

The Pies are paying 1mil a season for Wells & Mayne. Wells has done another calf & Mayne is a complete spud. Mayne is an outside chance for best 22 in the VFL side

TRIGGER HAPPY · 17/02/2017 at 13:13

Isn't Daisy out of contract this year?

Pies might "invest'"? in daisy to join wells and mayne.
    Best injury prone fwd line money can buy.

Damien · 17/02/2017 at 13:36

Mayne is injury prone?

neil DemonsDelight · 17/02/2017 at 13:26

Dawes maybe hes available

Shake n bake · 17/02/2017 at 16:25

So you were happy to see him go from Melbourne then Neil??

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 16:58

Good to see you again mate Ready for another Shake n Bake FAKE .Masterstroke last year who would have dumped Danger guts and wisdom .Dawes was terrible .It was the shocking TRADE ERA WE WENT THRU. Have you got far with your team and what do you think of Dereks M7 structure Cheers SnB

Shake n bake · 17/02/2017 at 18:19

My Mids look like this Neil, Danger Hanners Treloar Fyfe Gray I have Swallow at M6. l have just over 320K in the kitty for now! I think im going to to stick with Swallow at M6 Don't want to commit to much at least like this it gives me more of a chance to look at someone who maybe has not started aswell but come home hard. Last year l picked up Lynch fwd Cripps Priddas and Sloane around the byes. I am not one who goes hard trading early the most important thing is to get your team as right as you can from the get go! I look hard at the bye rds from the start of the season! you always hope most of the players you go with from the start are still up & running. I had that luck last year. The bye rds is an important part of this game were you can make some great moves!!

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 18:42

Gray has bye in R9 very light though thru mids Swallow been in and out of mine could be a gem. Whats your rucks gawn/ sandy are mine but never gone that way set and forget better cheers

Shake n bake · 17/02/2017 at 19:03

I know supercoaches will prob look to bringing gray in after his bye but l like the fact he has that rd 9 bye. Gawn is a lock for me have sandi for now but not convinced!! Will definitely keep an eye over the next few weeks with Martin.

Anthony · 17/02/2017 at 13:17

Dahl – Eddy
Heeney – Pickett
Ryder
Rough
McLuggage
Ainsworth

Love the community thoughts!

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 17:26

Absolute stinker of a side, start again…. J/K mate.

Kev · 17/02/2017 at 17:52

Super feedback, Dean. Well done mate.

McGrath will need to be balls to the wall amazing to justify his price tag. Watch the rest of his preseason but will be a 70 average at best.

Swallow, Jaegar, Murphy looks like a hospital ward. I'd have another look at that.

Ainsworth and McBags is a big spend up front. Keep one/send the other down to a cheaper rook

Danners · 17/02/2017 at 13:31

An interesting game last night not a lot you could take away. Can't really get sucked in to the Hoskin-Elliot, De Goey hype probably just showing off while Pendles, Adams, Wells, Treloar were having a break. Will have a close eye on Keefe, Elliott, Daicos, Myers look like nice rookies early on.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 13:35

Hi Anthony like the def and forward set ups Danger and Hanna good as is Fyfe is Conig the gws lad if so him Murph and Swallow are shallow but with your great Ruck set up coin may be a problem can see you doing well with this team. Cheers Neil

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 15:18

3 people of interest for me for game tonight. Roughie Stewert and Black. Hopefully they all play.

Dee · 17/02/2017 at 15:54

I think they're all playing Holty…. still waiting for a site to announce the bloody teams!

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 16:30

Thanks dee. Looking forward for this game

SCaddict · 17/02/2017 at 15:55

So JOM is of no interest to you Holty assuming he plays tonight?

If he has a strong showing and is moving freely it could be Jaegermania around here with more than a few coaches doing team restructures and other reshuffles. 🙂

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 16:29

Hi mate.
      JOM has no interest from me what so ever. Knees are stuffed and wont do much. Dont get me wrong, he is a absolute gun but for someone who has missed as much football as he has, cant see him being sc relevant. If he can get through this season however, next season will be different.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 15:38

Waiting for Jocks mag for some insight into structures .Very tempted with Dereks M7 structure.One good point in it is your mids and Rucks are set for pre bye rounds until culling a richer Sandy.Now I can concentrate on the bookends.Like Derek I have def 2 prems and a mid pricer and forwards Dahl and a combo of m/p and rooks.The defensive premiums are cut and dried the forwards not so and wont be for a while till they sort themselves out. This means I CAN GET MY docs SIMMOS AND Boyds in then concentrate on the emerging forwards .Sounds too good but an M7 structure gives you weaker rooks and none or little bank lots to think about Cheers Neil

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 15:59

Hi neil.
    Depends who you take in with your rucks? I have titch at m7 with 3 premium defenders and dahl with 2 fallen premiums (fallen premiums subject to who you ask) in the forward line. I will only go this deep in the mids however if no other rookies emerge.
    Grundy or Martin will be R1. If Martin is the lone ruck in round 1, he will start. Still have 130k in bank if more expensive rookies need to be considered.

Shake n bake · 17/02/2017 at 16:33

Just beware with Grundy. As a pie supporter im sure Cox will be there early in the home & away season. Will mainly play fwd but will pinch hit in the ruck. Same with Daw at norf he'll get more opportunity this yr to.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 17:08

No Maxy big call ..My set up is the same except I have tmac who could end up a D6 .Not prepared to go in without the beard or Danger therefore small bank and that's a worry.Agree about JOM injury a concern with me Cheers Neil

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 17:25

Yeah agree its a big call not going gawn but someone said last year no ruck has ever backed up to be best ruck 2 tears running. Hoping its the same this year. So ive gone rocky instead

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 17:54

seen him at Loch few weeks back burning maked good coffee too. Says his biggest oponents Hickey and GRUNDY

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 18:36

I still may go in with him. Just swap him for grundy. Just wont have the money to be picky woth the rookies

Derek · 17/02/2017 at 16:49

I've been trying to tweak my M7 structure and with the 7 premiums I want in the guts, leaves only enough cash for the 123k type rookies, needing 3 in forward line And 3 in backline who will be onfield. Shudder.

I'm hoping for for rookies to start appearing.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 18:05

Really need your Turners and Knights on forwards but def 123 should be o.k.alternately take your lowest priced players but hey its difficult ,Now Sloans down look at tich then sidewoods trade later Cheers Neil

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 17:32

I think up to a M6 is more then enough, if your going heavy in the guts up to M7 your Defence, Ruck or Forward will be far to week IMO.

However if your one thats going with Sandiballs in the Ruck then it can be done however I wouldn't touch sandybally with a 20 foot barge pole.

Good luck mate.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 19:49

tried tweaking my team with M6 .The extra keeper will either be rucks or forwards DEF has the better rooks at this early stage In my case GRUDY OR McCRAE…and it would be Grundy. Swallow/ rooky and grundy or Tich and Sandy . Delema

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 17:22

Sloane out for up to 6 weeks.

neil Demons Delight · 17/02/2017 at 17:26

welcome tich where from Hotly hope its a taxi driver

Kev · 17/02/2017 at 17:54

Bugger!

Matt Crouch though! No Brad, no Sloane

Dean · 17/02/2017 at 17:56

He will make it for round 1 with just a broken eye socket.

Dee · 17/02/2017 at 18:08

what happened?

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 18:34

Training mishap. Max 6 weeks. Should be ok for rd1 but will be underdone coming into rd1 though.

SCaddict · 17/02/2017 at 19:06

Not the first time he's had facial fractures either. Those who had him in 2015 like myself would remember the disaster when he came back too early after fracturing a cheek bone (I think it was) only to fracture it again a few games after he returned.

Becoming bit of a trend now. Must have porous facial bones! Hopefully they don't rush him back again just to make that magical Rd1 or it could be 2015 all over again.

Derek · 17/02/2017 at 22:09

will be even bigger POD

SCaddict · 18/02/2017 at 00:59

That's why I don't bother naming premos right now because sh1t like this happens.

So my side is just comprised of X keepers, Y stepping stones and Z rookies and will remain so until after JLT3. Getting too attached to particular players in February will only lead to painful breakups in March ha ha.

Derek · 17/02/2017 at 18:26

The main thing I took away from the game was that Cox looked ok in the ruck, even better than ok. Very interested to see Grundy and Cox on park together

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 19:30

I reckon McKernan out bodied him way to easy at the stoppages Derek, OK for centre bounces not so much body on body (throw ins)

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 19:15

Frothing for the Cats Hawks game, heaps of relevance tonight, Roughy Stewart Black Willsmore Thurlow Miles Motlop?? I'm pretty keen on Tuohy, he's very much on my radar for D3-4 .

scott · 18/02/2017 at 01:21

and Tuohy didn't disappoint….;)

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 20:08

I know its only jlt cup but danger is locked in.

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 20:09

Is rioli playing in the middle?

Derek · 17/02/2017 at 20:17

Shhhhh

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 20:24

Lol. I know you have been big on him derek.

Top Hawk · 17/02/2017 at 20:48

YEP. If he plays in the guts it will only be a matter of time before he tweaks his hammy again. Aint going there………

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 20:16

Early call but I'm adding Cocky to my watchlist.
Man is a beast.

gator59 · 17/02/2017 at 20:18

Hawks looking very sharp

gator59 · 17/02/2017 at 20:47

Squirrel Rioli is turning it on

Graham · 17/02/2017 at 20:55

Hey everyone I have a bit of a dilemma here I have out a mil to spend on one defender and one midfielder originally I had Howe and Prestia but after Howes performance last night I am tempted to trade him thoughts?

SCaddict · 17/02/2017 at 21:06

Wouldn't make snap decisions on established premos after JLT1 which really is just mickey mouse blow out the cobwebs stuff. Wait to JLT3 when teams are near full strength before making such judgements.

Having said that Howe doesn't really appeal to me (nor does Prestia for that matter) but Higgo was talking him up as a potential selection in Mathemagic FC a few podcasts ago.

Graham · 17/02/2017 at 21:25

Currently have McRae Dalhousie (in the fwd) and am trying to fit in libber but I don't want 3 doggies midfielders therefor who do I trade out of Dahl and Maccas

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 21:38

Bit better than last nights game.

Derek · 17/02/2017 at 22:14

let the Tuohy bandwagon begin!

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 22:20

Did he play in the mids or off half back. If he played in the backline he might be worth a look.

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 22:23

" begurrah, I'll steal Boris' points".
      Said the Leprechaun.

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 22:26

Lol. Yeah he is only of interest if he scores that well in the backline. When both selwoods are back wont be any time for him in the middle

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 22:43

I think he'll be that rebounding def/winger

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 22:55

Thanks hedski. Tuohy always interested me as a carlton supporter coming off half back but no place left there with doc and simmo. Im just happy if he is given the chance at geelong to play that role. Could be very sc relevant also

gator59 · 17/02/2017 at 22:24

We'll keep an eye on him for the remainder of the JLT

He did look good though and certainly worth considering

I think Harry Taylor will slot back in the backline and may have an effect on his output

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 22:25

And the Cyril bandwagon too. I'm still cautious of his twangy strings tho, Zach is durable.

MorrowSC · 17/02/2017 at 22:58

so confirmed was playing mids or actually running off half back?

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 23:04

Can't see Zach in the mids Morrow maybe wing, half back rebounder.

Top Hawk · 17/02/2017 at 22:44

Tom Stewart. My first backline rookie "LOCK"

Holty · 17/02/2017 at 22:52

At that price, agreed

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 23:06

Got overwhelmed a few times but will go good

gator59 · 17/02/2017 at 23:10

Anyone looking at locking in Aaron black

hedski · 17/02/2017 at 23:24

Yep. (Not locked)

gator59 · 17/02/2017 at 23:28

If he could snag a couple of goals each week he would be more than handy

Jordan · 17/02/2017 at 23:26

Would u consider a 480000/490000 player a premium if they have averaged over a hundred before

SCaddict · 18/02/2017 at 00:14

In all likelihood but really premium is just a vague label that can mean slightly different things to different coaches.

All that matters is whether you believe that player is a good option for the money in 2017. What does it matter if some other coach considers him a premium, fallen premium, midpricer, stepping stone or some other arbitrary label?

Which player are you referring to out of curiosity?

derek · 18/02/2017 at 14:31

i start the year with my Best 22, with a few reserve players if there are injuries.

Then all players are either a best 22 (keeper) or not.

All Not's are cash cows.

don't get sucked into picking a player because he is almost in your best 22 because that is all the cash you have left (seeing that with heppell and TMitch)

Jordan · 18/02/2017 at 12:10

Libber and tom McDonald

neil Demons Delight · 18/02/2017 at 12:29

Hello Jordan I haveTmac and highly looking at Libba. Only my opinion neither are. and once again my view 580 + uber premium almost your R23 team comes from here 500 – 580 premiums ..but really does it matter If you like Libba or Mills or Tmac then by all means take them one comes thru every year to prove us all wrong

ekcjoe · 26/02/2017 at 13:39

"Prime ribbed"

Remind me not to have a BBQ with you.